106g96p.jpg

Condividi questo messaggio

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
130719 messaggi

2ecg1uu.jpg

JUVENTUS TO BRING BACK STEFANO STURARO

Jan 17, 2015

Reports in the Italian media suggest Juventus will bring Stefano Sturaro back to the club in January, six months ahead of schedule.

The Italy U-21 midfielder joined the Bianconeri last summer for €5.5 million and was immediately loaned back to Genoa for the 2014/15 season.

Sportsmediaset suggest that Juventus have found an agreement to bring the Azzurrini star to Turin while GianlucaDiMarzio.com report that Juventus have already agreed the return in principle, the final ‘okay’, however, will come from Genoa, once their injury situation improves.

According to giornalaccio rosa dello Sport, Juve coach Max Allegri would like to accelerate Sturaro’s return, given that Kwadwo Asamoah and Romulo are both recovering from surgery and not expected to return for at least another two months.

Terrence Clarke @terrenceKC
So, if Juve bring Sturaro back, we'd only actually pay 5.5m in total for him. Genoa would lose out on the bonuses. Great if true.

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
130719 messaggi

34e7ujn.jpg

Sturaro Expected Back At Juventus Before End Of January

Jan 20, 2015

Juventus coach Massimiliano Allegri expects to see Stefano Sturaro back in Turin before the January transfer window slams shut.

The talented youngster is currently on loan with Genoa, but a change in formation from the Bianconeri tactician has left the club short of cover in midfield. Given Sturaro’s rise to prominence, Allegri is hoping he can be recalled before the month is out.

Tuttosport reports that the 21-year-old was to return to the Juventus Stadium in the Summer, but now that the ‘Old Lady’ has switched to using four of their available five midfield men throughout games, Sturaro may be back at Vinovo earlier than expected.

The Under-21 international was bought by Juventus last July from Genoa, but immediately loaned back to the Grifone in order to guarantee more playing time.

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
130719 messaggi

34e7ujn.jpg

Juventus Ready To Tie Up Deals For Sturaro And Osvaldo

Jan 23, 2015

Italian league leaders Juventus are expected to finalise the signings of two players before the January transfer window closes at the end of the month.

The Serie A giants are hoping to add a midfielder and forward to their squad and wheels are in motion to ensure deals go through within the tight time scales.

Sportmediaset have reported that on-loan Genoa midfielder Stefano Sturaro is ready to return to his parent club within the next two days. They also claim that Inter’s out-of-favour striker Pablo Daniel Osvaldo could make a sensational reappearance in Turin.

The Italian international has been fined and suspended by the Milan club, after a bust-up with team mate Mauro Icardi, and is expected to leave the Nerazzurri.

The fiery forward, who is currently owned by English Premier League side Southampton, has already featured for Juve, having spent time on-loan at the club last season.

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
130719 messaggi

swcy9l.png

Genoa: 'Sturaro to Juve early'

Jan 24, 2015

Genoa President Enrico Preziosi admits Stefano Sturaro “could join Juventus soon” by cutting his loan short.

The midfielder was bought by Juve over the summer and allowed to remain at Genoa for another year to gain playing experience in Serie A.

Over the last few days it has been reported that the Bianconeri were trying to bring the Italy international in during the January transfer window instead.

“Sturaro could join Juventus soon and move within the current transfer window,” confessed Preziosi to Radio Kiss Kiss.

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
130719 messaggi

swcy9l.png

Juventus agree Sturaro deal?

Jan 26, 2015

It’s reported that Juventus have agreed a deal to bring Stefano Sturaro back from Genoa early, but possibly not until deadline day.

Sturaro was bought outright for €11m by the Bianconeri in the summer, but loaned back to Genoa for the season. However, Grifone President Enrico Preziosi has admitted that Sturaro could return early.

According to Tuttosport, the two clubs have already agreed that the Italian international will move to Turin in this window, but the date of the move is dependent on Genoa.

Gian Piero Gasperini’s men take on Napoli at San Paolo tonight, with Tomas Rincon and Andrea Bertolacci one booking away from suspension.

Tuttosport believes that if the pair come through the match without incurring a yellow card, Sturaro’s move will take place tomorrow.

However, should both players pick up a ban, the move would be delayed until February 1 or deadline day on February 2, so that Sturaro can play for Genoa against Fiorentina on January 31.

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
130719 messaggi

swcy9l.png

Sturaro 'sad' to leave Genoa

Jan 31, 2015

Stefano Sturaro admits he is “a little sad” to play his final Genoa game today ahead of a move to Juventus.

The midfielder had been bought by Juve over the summer and left at Marassi on loan for the rest of the season.

However, the Turin giants recalled him early and his last match is against Fiorentina this afternoon.

“I am a little sad, as it hurts to be leaving all these people after so many years here,” Sturaro told Sky Sport Italia before kick-off.

“I will remain in contact with teammates and the club, as I have made some great friends here.”

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
130719 messaggi

6i70qd.jpg

OFFICIAL: Juventus recall midfielder
Stefano Sturaro from Genoa

Feb 2, 2015

Once Genoa midfielder Stefano Sturaro said his goodbyes to his Grifone teammates, his long-anticipated move to Juventus, the team that owns his contract, was a formality.

Monday, Sturaro took part in his first training session with the club. Meaning, of course, his move has gone through and everything has been completed.

The 21-year-old Sturaro, purchased this summer by Juventus for €5.5 million from Genoa, has been officially recalled by the Serie A champions to add another option in the center of the midfield for manager Max Allegri, it was announced on Monday. And with it, the newest Juventus player got himself a new jersey number which is a little different than the one he wore during his days with Genoa.

2eeg4tx.jpg
JuventusFC ✔ @juventusfc
.@sturaro_stefano si è già allenato con i suoi nuovi compagni stamattina!
Vestirà la maglia n. 27 #BenvenutoSturaro

A few words regarding the new midfielder, courtesy of Juventus' official website:

A summer signing for Juventus back in July, versatile up-and-coming star Stefano Sturaro returns to Turin following a fruitful loan spell with former club Genoa in order to provide cover for the Bianconeri midfield in both an attacking and defensive dimension.

The key in all of this is "provide cover for the Bianconeri midfield." With the likes Paul Pogba, Claudio Marchisio, Andrea Pirlo, Arturo Vidal and Roberto Pereyra all around, regular playing time is probably going to be tough for Sturaro to come by. But with so many fixtures over the next month or two and injuries seemingly always around the corner, maybe Sturaro can find some regular time during the dog days of the Serie A schedule.

No matter what, though, Sturaro is now officially a Juventus player. Not that he wasn't a few months ago, but now he actually gets to wear a Juventus jersey rather than being out on loan at another club while Juve just hangs onto his contract.

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
130719 messaggi

34e7ujn.jpg

Stefano Sturaro Makes Expeditious Juventus Return

Feb 2, 2015

Juventus have announced the official signing of Genoa midfielder Stefano Sturaro.

The 21-year-old midfielder has already joined his new teammates and been training with the rest of the Juventus squad. Sturaro will be immediately available to Bianconeri coach Massimiliano Allegri.

Juventus announced the signing through social media, via the club’s Twitter account to announce Sturaro’s arrival from Genoa and inform fans that he will wear the no.27 shirt.

Juventus had in fact purchased Sturaro in the summer and sent him on loan to Genoa. However, the Bianconeri have opted to cut his loan short and recall Sturaro for the remainder of their season.

Screen-Shot-2015-02-02-at-10.38.14-AM-30

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
130719 messaggi

xofhxd.jpg

Sturaro targets Juventus midfield berth

The 21-year-old initially agreed to join the club this summer but has arrived
in Turin early and is hoping to make an instant impact on the Bianconeri midfield.

Feb 2, 2015

Stefano Sturaro believes he can add a new dimension to the Juventus midfield after completing his move from Genoa.

A €5.5 million deal was struck for the midfielder last summer but he was not expected to arrive in Turin until the end of the current campaign after agreeing to remain with Genoa this season.

However, the 21-year-old he has been recalled six months early as Massimiliano Allegri looks to add depth to his side and on Monday Sturaro joined his new team-mates for his first training session with the Old Lady.

“I’m happy and very excited. I couldn’t wait to get started [in training today],” he told the club website.

“I’d like to thank my team-mates for the welcome I have received.

“This side is full of stars. I can only learn from them and do my bit with what I can offer. I hope they help me. We have a real hunger to achieve success.

Sturaro made appearances for a Genoa side that sit ninth after 21 games this season and is eager to battle for a place in a Juve midfield already brimming with quality.

“The midfield here is packed with stars but I hope to offer something with my defensive ability," he added.

“It’s a fantastic stadium, a wall of noise, and it needs to be in order to help us to perform at our best in games.”

Seven points clear of second-placed Roma at the summit of Serie A, Juve are on course to claim what would be their fourth consecutive scudetto.

Sturaro joins fellow new arrival Alessandro Matri, who has returned to the club on loan from Milan.

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
130719 messaggi

34e7ujn.jpg

Juventus’ Champions League Squad
Includes Genoa Imports Matri And Sturaro

Feb 3, 2015
Juventus coach Massimiliano Allegri has named his 25-man squad list for the Bianconeri’s upcoming Champions League round of 16 ties against Borussia Dortmund.

The Bianconeri host the Bundesliga strugglers in Turin on February 24 before travelling to face Jurgen Klopp’s men on March 18.

Among the names included in Allegri’s squad are Alessandro Matri and Stefano Sturaro who arrived from Genoa and fellow January arrival Paolo De Ceglie who left troubled Parma to return to Juventus Stadium.

Goalkeepers: Buffon, Storari, Rubinho.

Defenders: Lichtsteiner, Bonucci, Barzagli, Chiellini, Evra, De Ceglie, Ogbonna, Caceres.

Midfielders: Pirlo, Pogba, Vidal, Marchisio, Pereyra, Pepe, Padoin, Marrone, Sturaro.

Attackers: Tevez, Llorente, Morata, Matri, Coman.

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
130719 messaggi

34e7ujn.jpg

Sturaro: I Enjoy Being Compared To Gattuso

Feb 5, 2015

New Juventus midfielder Stefano Sturaro insists he enjoys being compared to AC Milan legend Gennaro Gattuso, and would love to have a career similar to his.

The 21-year-old joined the Bianconeri in January after the club brought his loan deal with Genoa to an end early.

“I enjoy the comparisons with Gattuso,” he told Sky Sport Italia. “He was a great Italian player and it would be brilliant if I had even half of his career.

“These are exciting days for me. To join a club like this where everything is analysed in detail has a certain effect on you.

“At Genoa the level of preparation wasn’t the same as here, so that is why there is a difference between the sides.

“I was sad to leave so many friends at Genoa, Perin for example, as we were practically twins, but I’ll stay in touch with them all.

Moving on to Saturday’s Serie A match with AC Milan, the young midfielder was wary of the Rossoneri who got their first win in 2015 against Parma last weekend.

“It will be a tough game, but we are ready,” he said.

“We must not let our guard down, the advantage over Roma must be an incentive to do even better. “

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
130719 messaggi

34e7ujn.jpg

Sturaro Can’t Wait To Start Juventus Adventure

Feb 23, 2015

New Juventus arrival Stefano Sturaro can’t hide his excitement at getting started at his new club.

The 21-year-old Italian youth international had agreed to join the Bianconeri from Genoa at the end of the season, but had his move brought forward by six months.

“I’m finding myself well, and for this I have to thank my teammates because they are proving to be excellent help,” Sturaro told Filo Diretto.

“It’s all new for me, but I’m fortunate that there’s [Alessandro] Matri and [Paolo] De Ceglie here, with whom I’ve already played with.

“When the call came from Juventus I felt happy, not really surprised, because I was owned by Juventus and I knew I was going to be there soon anyway.

“I’m very happy and I cannot wait to start this new adventure.”

Sturaro made 13 league appearances for Genoa this season, but has yet to debut for the Bianconeri since moving last month.

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
130719 messaggi

34e7ujn.jpg

Sturaro: I Can Help Juventus
But I Can’t Do What Pirlo Does

Apr 1, 2015

Juventus midfielder Stefano Sturaro believes that he possesses the quality to help strengthen the Old Lady’s midfield but insists that no one can ever take the place of Andrea Pirlo.

The 22-year-old could be given more of a chance to shine on the pitch now that Claudio Marchisio may be out nursing an injury and he admits that while he’ll be looking forward to showcasing his talents, he’s still upset that his team-mate is injured.

Sturaro spoke to giornalaccio rosa.it about his opportunity to prove himself in the Juventus squad and commented on his ability to change his position in the midfield, while also praising Juve legend Pirlo.

“I have been able to benefit a little from Marchisio’s injury but I’m obviously still disappointed,” said the Italian.

“It will be better for all of us if he can be able to play in the Champions League with the team.

“I think I can play three different roles in the Juve midfield, although I would never be able to do what Pirlo does.

“Nobody in this world can do what he does.”

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
130719 messaggi

6i70qd.jpg

On Stefano Sturaro's suddenly
massive importance to Juventus

May 8, 2015

Stefano Sturaro was brought to Juventus during the last transfer window for the simplest of reasons — some depth in the midfield was desperately needed. Maybe he'd play in a few games here or there, fill in for somebody who needed rest or was suspended, get a start in the Coppa Italia games because that's when squad rotation happens, and then see where things stand at the end of the season.

But ... Sturaro ... starting ... in the Champions League? In a semifinal ... against Real Madrid? Now, now, now. Let's not get ahead of ourselves here, folks. That's something that would have meant some last-minute injury happened in the lead-up to that day's European challenge.

Yet there was Sturaro starting in the Tuesday night. Not just starting, but starting in the Champions League semifinals against Real Madrid, too. There were 10 starting spots that were pretty much certainties when every single predicted lineup was crafted and written out. Sturaro was the one starter that nobody — and I mean NOBODY — thought would happen with so much on the line for Juventus.

Max Allegri had a hunch about starting Sturaro in the latest big game of the season, and did just that.

By simply knowing who is on the Juventus roster but not knowing their context of anything, you would have put just about all of your possible money on a Juve midfielder in his early 20s making a huge impact, it would have been on Paul Pogba, not Stefano Sturaro. Pogba is the star, he's the eye of many around Europe as the summer approaches. Sturaro was the depth move, a player with potential whose starting chances with the club will come down the road.

But, in a direct and unpredicted way, Pogba's long-term injury opened the door for Sturaro.

And like we saw Tuesday night, the 22-year-old Italian midfielder has jumped at the opportunity.

Sturaro was thrust into the spotlight and subsequently played a key role in Juventus' 2-1 win over Real Madrid, the reigning European champions. I feel pretty safe in saying was a little irked when Allegri chose Stuaro over Roberto Pereyra in the midfield. But, man, I sure was more than okay with being proven wrong. And like so many times before, Allegri's roll of the dice proved to be the right kind of move.

He made easily one of the most significant plays of the game Tuesday night — and it took post-game replays to even make us aware of it. The live pictures told us that James Rodriguez blew one of the best scoring chances Real Madrid had all game. In fact, it would have easily been a game-tying goal if not for Sturaro's right boot getting a piece of the ball right after it connected with James' forehead. It was a deflection that kept Juventus in the lead and why they're heading to Madrid up on the aggregate scoreline.

That one play, one incredibly important play, one completely unpredictable play turned out to be massive in the hours following Juventus' win over the defending European champions. And we didn't even know it at the time.

That one play just seemed to sum up Sturaro's night — endless amounts effort and energy, tons of pressing, and an unexpected impact that was one of the most important of anybody in a Juventus jersey.

(Side note: The guy has to start in Madrid if Pogba isn't ready to go, right? I think he earned it.)

Sturaro's development isn't done or anything close to it. He wasn't a headline-grabbing name that Juventus signed over the summer. They dropped €5.5 million for the Italy Under-21 international and then immediately loaned him back to Genoa before you could look up YouTube highlights of him. It was a deal looked at toward the future, definitely not the present.

Yet there Sturaro was, attempting and successfully completing tackles against some of the best players in the world in one of the most unpredictable starts a Juventus player has gotten in recent memory. Never in his wildest dreams could Sturaro have thought he'd be playing against Real Madrid four months after his loan spell with Genoa was cut short and he headed to Turin for his Juventus medical.

Sometimes, though, that's just how things work out. Juventus' starting lineup is full of stars, but it was a relatively unknown 20-something who helped Juve slay the Spanish giants. One leg down, one to go.

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
130719 messaggi

34e7ujn.jpg

Sturaro: Juventus Will Play Differently Against Lazio

http://forzaitalianfootball.com/2015/08/sturaro-juventus-will-play-differently-against-lazio/?

Aug 2, 2015

Juventus midfielder Stefano Sturaro is adamant that his side will improve ahead of their Supercoppa clash against Lazio, after suffering yet another another pre-season loss.

The 22-year-old midfielder was brought on in the first half after an unfortunate injury to new signing Sami Khedira, though he failed to change the eventual outcome of the match as Juve lost the game 2-0, a result that the Italian promises will not happen again in their upcoming fixture.

“We did well the first 20 minutes, but after we went down to 10 men, we really struggled,” Sturaro told JTV.

“However, we have only had two weeks of hard work unlike the teams that we have played so far, hence the results. If you look at Lazio, they too lost some of their friendly matches.

“There’s just one week left now until our first ‘real’ game and I’m sure the result will be different.

“This is because we will become stronger and more focused during this final week of training.”

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
130719 messaggi

smrn9d.jpg

Why Stefano Sturaro Will Be the Juventus
Player to Benefit from Khedira Injury

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2543447-why-stefano-sturaro-will-be-the-juventus-player-to-benefit-from-sami-khedira?

Aug 10, 2015

With the start of the 2015/16 campaign fast approaching, Juventus have been hit with a raft of injuries that have threatened to hamper their preparations. While the reigning champions have the depth in defence and attack to cope with the absence of both Alvaro Morata and Giorgio Chiellini, there are fewer options available in midfield.

That area of the side was already somewhat weakened by the summer exits of Andrea Pirlo and Arturo Vidal, but the Bianconeri hoped Sami Khedira would help fill the void their departures created.

Yet during his debut in a pre-season friendly against Olympique Marseille at the Stade Velodrome, the German international suffered a torn thigh muscle that will see him miss the start of the season.

The club subsequently issued a statement on their official website, ruling out the 28-year-old for “approximately two months.” With Kwadwo Asamoah still to recover from a knock of his own, the stage is perhaps set perfectly for Stefano Sturaro to cement a place in the side and continue his impressive start to life in Turin.

Born in Sanremo and entering the Genoa youth system back in 2008, the Italian under-21 international was signed by the Bianconeri last summer for €5.5 million. As part of the agreement, however, he was loaned back to the Rossoblu before being recalled by Juventus at the end of the January transfer window.

Few knew what to expect from a young player with just 31 first-team appearances under his belt but, by the time 2014/15 drew to a close, the 22-year-old had shown that he could thrive on the big stage when given the opportunity.

He displayed impressive defensive diligence, with statistics from WhoScored.com showing he averaged 2.3 tackles and 1.2 interceptions per game last term. That ensured comparisons to Gennaro Gattuso continued, something Sturaro takes huge pride in but is also keen to show he is much more than simply a disruptive force.

“I hear that from many people and it pleases me, because he was a truly great player for Milan and for Italy, it would be wonderful to do even half of what he did.” the midfielder told Sky Sports (per the TuttoJuve website, h/t Football Italia).

“But he's not my only point of reference,” Sturaro continued. “I'm a guy who looks at every player and tries to learn from everyone, so I adapt to different situations.” Indeed, his coach is fully aware of the versatility offered by his young charge, as he expressed at a press conference back in March when Juventus suffered a similar spate of injuries.

“Sturaro can fill Marchisio’s role in front of the defence, or can play where Pogba does,” Massimiliano Allegri told reporters (h/t Football Italia). “He definitely has different characteristics, but he’s a lad who has integrated well.”

As the campaign progressed, Sturaro was given more and more opportunities, culminating in a surprise starting berth against Real Madrid in the Champions League semi-final. He would capture attention across the continent with a mature display, making a vital intervention to deflect a point-blank header from James Rodriguez away from goal.

That essentially preserved the Old Lady’s lead and helped them secure their place in the final. He would go on to score his first goal for Juventus in a home win over Napoli, the match which saw the Bianconeri celebrate their fourth consecutive Serie A title.

Named to the starting XI once again on Saturday as Allegri’s side lifted the Italian Super Cup—a match reviewed in detail here—Stefano Sturaro is almost certainly the player poised to take advantage of Khedira’s prolonged absence.

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
130719 messaggi

xofhxd.jpg

Every Juventus player must give more - Sturaro

The midfielder has admitted the reigning Serie A champions have not been
good enough this term and must improve if they are to hold onto their crown.

http://www.goal.com/en/news/723/serie-a/2015/11/04/16986802/-?

Nov 4, 2015

Stefano Sturaro feels every Juventus player must up their work rate in order to get the team back on track after a disappointing start to the season.

The Serie A champions sit 10th in the table after 10 games, trailing leaders Fiorentina and Inter by nine points.

Midfielder Sturaro is adamant everybody at the club is committed to the cause, but has admitted they must keep growing if they are to be successful again.

"Every one of us has to give more, even if we're all professionals, we are committed to the cause and we're training very hard," the midfielder told Sky Sport.

"We need to keep growing as a group and get to know one another better. With each passing game, we face different situations."

Juventus will be looking to return to winning ways when they meet Empoli at the weekend after they were held to a draw in Tuesday's Champions League encounter with Borussia Monchengladbach.

And Sturaro said: "It's very important that we bring home three points.

"Empoli are capable of asking similar questions of us as Borussia: they play good football and we'll need to be compact and deny them space in which to pass the ball around."

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
130719 messaggi

34e7ujn.jpg

Sturaro: Juventus Do Everything To Win

http://forzaitalianfootball.com/2015/11/sturaro-juventus-do-everything-to-win/?

Nov 26, 2015

Juventus midfielder Stefano Sturaro says the Bianconeri have a strong winning mentality and are not overly concerned about their current league position.

The Old Lady currently sit sixth in the table but Sturaro feels their early stuttering form in the league was because of a lack of self-esteem and awareness from the players.

With the Bianconeri’s recent run of positive results, the 22-year-old thinks that players who don the jersey of the club will win many trophies in the future.

“We lacked a bit self-esteem and awareness,” Sturaro admitted to Juventus TV.

“With these victories, we are finding our rhythm.

“All players at Juventus are champions and champions of the future.

“We do not talk and think about the rankings, we do everything possible just to win.”

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
130719 messaggi

smrn9d.jpg

Stefano Sturaro Is an Emerging Talent Both
Now and for the Future for Juventus

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2594149-stefano-sturaro-is-an-emerging-talent-both-now-and-in-the-future-for-juventus?

Nov 30, 2015

Finally rounding into form, Juventus’ victory against Palermo on Sunday saw them continue to climb the table, rounding off a fine week in which the Bianconeri notched three consecutive wins without conceding a goal.

But while the likes of Mario Mandzukic and Paulo Dybala take the plaudits for their impact, the past seven days have also underlined the increasing importance of Stefano Sturaro to Italian football’s grand Old Lady.

The 22-year-old played every minute of those last three fixtures, pressed into action following injuries to fellow midfielders Sami Khedira and Hernanes. Playing with a maturity that belies his age, the former Genoa man did not disappoint, filling in superbly and ensuring the side retained its requisite balance and solidity

He may have netted the second goal of the 3-0 win over Palermo, but the performance against the Rosanero was arguably Sturaro’s worst of the season. Indeed, according to statistics courtesy of WhoScored.com, he was dispossessed three times and was successful with just 74.4 percent of his 43 pass attempts.

Also making only one tackle and one interception, it was a much worse display than his previous outing, as he shone against Manchester City at Juventus Stadium. There, in a game littered with star names, WhoScored shows that Sturaro led all players with six tackles, and he was unfortunate not to bag another goal as he followed up Alvaro Morata’s attempted lob.

Furthermore, as the graphic in the tweet below highlights, he completed 27 of his 36 pass attempts (74.4 per cent), recovered the ball six times, made one clearance, won the only aerial duel he contested and committed just two fouls.

Adam Digby @Adz77
Stefano Sturaro during #JuveCity: SIX tackles, 27/36 pass attempts, one clearance, 1/1 aerial duels (via @StatsZone)

To manage such an all-action display in Europe’s elite competition should be no surprise, however, as Sturaro made his first Champions League start in the semi-final against Real Madrid last season. It was clear then that Sturaro had the full confidence of coach Massimiliano Allegri, and that has carried over into the current campaign.

It began in the first match of the season, Sturaro playing 90 minutes in the Supercoppa Italiana against Lazio, rewarding the boss’ faith with an assist to Mandzukic for the game’s opening goal. Since helping the club lift that latest piece of silverware, he has made 11 further appearances with only one coming as a substitute.

Over that time, Sturaro has averaged 2.7 tackles and 0.9 interceptions per game, according to WhoScored, and his coach was quick to praise his effort and skill following that most recent victory over Palermo.

“Stefano put in a great shift in midfield,” Allegri told reporters shortly after the final whistle, adding that “he plays with immense intensity and he has also improved on his technical ability.” The player himself was quick to deflect attention however, preferring to focus on the team’s accomplishments as he took his turn to address the media.

“Winning definitely boosts confidence and the longer we continue to get results we’ll keep seeing improvements in our performances,” Sturaro said, per the club’s official website. “We’re in better shape physically and we’ve become more compact.”

“We’re improving many aspects of our game, but there are still areas we need to work on,” he added, a comment that could have been as much about himself as Juventus in general. While he is performing well now as he supports the likes of Khedira and Claudio Marchisio, it is clear that Sturaro will continue to be important to the club for many years.

“All players at Juventus are champions and champions of the future,” he told Juventus TV just last week (h/t Forza Italian Football) and in his case that is true.

Stefano Sturaro is an emerging talent both now and for the future for Juventus, the kind of dependable squad player all successful teams need if they are to reach their goals.

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
130719 messaggi

swcy9l.png

Sturaro: 'Juve are versatile'

http://www.football-italia.net/77762/sturaro-juve-are-versatile

Jan 2, 2016

Marco Sturaro says Juventus found new strength in 'versatility' and looks ahead to Bayern Munich: 'Yes, we can win'.

The Old Lady is finally back on track after an embarrassing start to the season, though drawing the Germans in the Champions League's round of the last sixteen casts dangerous shadows on the future.

“We’re taking each game at a time,” Sturaro told Sky Sports. “To start talking about the title now would be premature and the wrong way to go about things because we’re only at the midway point of the season.

“Our desire to win and better ourselves with every match and training session is perhaps even greater than it was last year.

“This team is extremely versatile, a lot of the guys are able to excel in a number of positions. Therefore, the 3-5-2 is not necessarily the only formation that we can play, even though it’s worked out well for us recently.

“We know that there’ll be some games where we need to vary up our approach, but we’ve certainly got the depth of squad to do just that.”

Finally, the midfielder discussed their Champions League rivals, whom they will be hosting on January 23 and then visiting on March 16.

“Bayern is a European powerhouse, but we’ll be looking to play to the best of our abilities over the two matches. We have the possibility of getting through.”

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
130719 messaggi

34e7ujn.jpg

Juventus Turn Down Crystal Palace Offer For Sturaro

http://forzaitalianfootball.com/2016/01/juventus-turn-down-crystal-palace-offer-for-midfielder/?

Jan 3, 2016

Juventus have reportedly turned down two Crystal Palace transfer bids for midfielder Stefano Sturaro.

The 22-year-old has started eight games in Serie A so far this season, being particularly precious to coach Massimiliano Allegri as a back-up to either Sami Khedira or Claudio Marchisio when the two Bianconeri men have been sidelined through injury.

According to The Mirror, the South London club first made an approach to the Turin giants proposing a €3 million loan with the option to buy, then returned with an offer for a permanent deal worth around €12m. After meeting with the player, the Old Lady decided to reject both offers.

The Mirror added West Ham United are also keeping an eye on Sturaro, without officially stepping forward so far.

Nonetheless, a transfer is unlikely to happen at this stage, with Juventus seemingly determined not to sell the former Genoa star during the January transfer window.

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
130719 messaggi

34e7ujn.jpg

Sturaro: It’s Too Early To Discuss
Juventus Scudetto Challenge

http://forzaitalianfootball.com/2016/01/sturaro-its-too-early-to-discuss-juventus-scudetto-challenge/?

Jan 4, 2016

Juventus midfielder Stefano Sturaro has calmed expectations that The Old Lady can win the Scudetto this season, saying that it’s too early to judge the Scudetto race.

After an underwhelming start to the season the Bianconeri have fought back to put themselves in contention to win the Serie A title, as they find themselves just three points of leaders Inter with 17 games played.

“On winning the Scudetto, as I have said before, it’s still premature and wrong to say we’ll win it.” said Sturaro in an interview with Sky Sport Italia.

“There are many teams still in the race so we’re going to take the season game by game, and see how we do.

“The desire to win, the hunger to win and the desire to improve in training is certainly equal to our opponents, if not better, because we are a team of young players.

“All we want to do is prove ourselves and improve as much as we can.”

Moreover, Sturaro said that despite facing Bayern Munich in the round of 16, Juventus could still win the Champions League this season.

“Can we win the Champions League?” the 22-year-old pondered, “In football anything is possible.

“Bayern Munich are a huge club, they are playing well and they’ve been doing well for many years now.

“It will be a game where we can win if we give our best and stay true to our style.”

Finally, Sturaro was asked about the possible transfer of midfielder Rolando Mandragora from his former club Genoa.

“I don’t talk about the transfer market, especially not players who play for other teams and I do not know if a deal can be done; he is a great guy but he is a different type of player to me.”

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
130719 messaggi

34e7ujn.jpg

Juventus To Reject West Ham United
And Southampton Bids For Midfielder

http://forzaitalianfootball.com/2016/01/juventus-to-reject-west-ham-united-and-southampton-bids-for-midfielder/?

Jan 9, 2016

Juventus are unwilling to let go of midfielder Stefano Sturaro despite interest from Premier League sides West Ham United and Southampton.

This season the former Genoa midfielder has been trusted by coach Massimiliano Allegri, making 15 appearances including eight starts in Serie A.

According to La giornalaccio rosa dello Sport, however, West Ham are willing to offer the Bianconeri €15 million for Sturaro whilst Southampton would offer as much as €17 million to sign the highly-rated Italian.

Despite these exorbitant sums of money, the Old Lady are unwilling to sell as they see Sturaro as a key member of their squad and as a big part of Juventus’s future.

Last season Sturaro made 12 appearances in Serie A for the Bianconeri after returning from a loan spell at Genoa.

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
130719 messaggi

swcy9l.png

Saints rejected for Sturaro?

http://www.football-italia.net/78236/saints-rejected-sturaro?

Jan 12, 2016

English reports say Southampton and Crystal Palace are battling to sign Juventus midfielder Stefano Sturaro.

The Daily Mirror writes that Saints have had a £12.7m (€17m) bid rejected for the 22-year-old as they look to replace unsettled midfielder Victor Wanyama.

The outlet also believes that fellow Premier League outfit Palace are interested in the Italy Under-21 international.

Sturaro has scored one goal in 11 league appearances for the Bianconeri this season and moved to Turin from Genoa in February 2015 for around €5m.

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti