Vai al contenuto
Accedi per seguire   
Socrates

Paulo Dybala

130764 messaggi

xofhxd.jpg

'Dybala will star at the highest level with Juventus'

The forward has signed a deal to join the Serie A champions
and his old Palermo team-mate Mato Jajalo has backed him to excel.

Jun 8, 2015

Palermo midfielder Mato Jajalo believes Paulo Dybala will waste little time in settling into life at new club Juventus and tipped him to star at the highest level.

The Argentine attacker has agreed to join the Serie A champions in a deal which could eventually rise to a value of €40 million.

However, Jajalo has no doubt that his old team-mate could prove to be worth every penny for the beaten Champions League finalists.

"Believe me, Dybala is really an excellent player. He is definitely a player for Juventus," the 27-year-old told Goal.

"I'm glad he made the transfer. He is a great guy who, I'm sure, will succeed at the highest level. He will adjust without a problem at Juventus."

When asked what kind of forward Juve fans can expect to see in Dybala, Jajalo was quick to highlight his pace as a major asset.

"He is very agile, clever and a really dangerous striker," he said. "He can overtake a player easily and score.

"We will miss him next season - Juventus have done a really god job."

Dybala, 21, managed 13 goals and 10 assists in 34 Serie A starts for Palermo this season.

Condividi questo messaggio

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
130764 messaggi

swcy9l.png

Dybala: ‘Not thinking of pricetag’

Jun 10, 2015

Paulo Dybala says he’s not thinking about his €40m pricetag, and is concentrated on proving his worth for Juventus.

The Argentinian has signed for the Bianconeri for €32m, with a potential for a further €8m in bonuses, the Turin side’s most expensive signing since Gigi Buffon in 2001.

“I’m not thinking about it,” Dybala told assembled media in his hometown of Laguna Larga, after returning for the summer.

“I want to enjoy this moment as much as possible. It was a dream of mine to be successful in Europe, and I have been.

“It’s clear that this is just the beginning, I want to improve a lot and show my worth.”

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
130764 messaggi

34e7ujn.jpg

Iachini: Dybala Can Still Improve At Juventus

http://forzaitalianfootball.com/2015/06/iachini-dybala-can-still-improve-at-juventus/?

Jun 16, 2015

Palermo coach Giuseppe Iachini believes that former Rosanero striker Paulo Dybala will have ample opportunity to become an even better player at Juventus.

The Argentine joined the Bianconeri in early June for €32 million and €8m in bonuses following a highly successful season at Palermo in which he scored 13 goals and added 10 assists, and his former coach believes he can add to those totals with the Turin giants.

“It’s great that we had a great first season on our return to Serie A”, Iachini told Palermo’s official site.

“Dybala was the key player on our team last season. He had great willingness to learn new techniques, and I hope he will become even better in near future.

“He has ample room for development in Juventus.

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
130764 messaggi

xofhxd.jpg

Ambrosini: Dybala a great deal for Juventus

The Italian champions could end up paying as much as €40 million for the
21-year-old but the ex-Italy international says the Argentine is worth every cent.

http://www.goal.com/en-za/news/4682/transfer-zone/2015/06/29/13158972/-?

Jun 29, 2015

Massimo Ambrosini believes that Juventus have pulled off a major coup in signing Paulo Dybala, admitting that he has been "mad about" the striker since he first saw him play in Serie B.

The Bianconeri agreed to pay Palermo €32 million for the 21-year-old Dybala but that figure could eventually rise to €40m.

It is a huge fee for a player who only has one full season of Serie A football behind him, during which he managed just 13 goals in 36 appearances, but Ambrosini believes that Juve have got themselves a bargain.

"I was crazy about Dybala right away, from when he was in the second division," the former Italy international told giornalaccio rosa dello Sport.

"This is a real player and Juve had done a great deal."

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
130764 messaggi

swcy9l.png

Dybala ‘ready to play anywhere’

http://www.football-italia.net/69175/dybala-%E2%80%98ready-play-anywhere%E2%80%99?

Jul 14, 2015

New Juventus striker Paulo Dybala says at his unveiling that he’s “ready to play anywhere” and has chosen the number 21 shirt.

The Old Lady signed the 21-year-old from Palermo for €32m earlier this summer after he scored 13 Serie A goals last season for the Rosanero.

“Serie A is a tough league, but I'll give it everything I've got and aim to keep developing as a player,” he said at a Press conference for his unveiling.

“The competition for places here means you can never ease off. It's a motivation and keeps you on your toes.

"Do I prefer playing behind the strikers? Not necessarily, I'm also comfortable up top and ready to play where I'm asked to.

"I’ll need to speak to the boss as regards my position. I’ve played as an attacking midfielder and up top. It’s down to him.

"We all need to be ready to play. We're fighting on three fronts and also have the Super Cup on the horizon.

"Serie A will be tough this year. We've got a strong squad though and can repeat last season's exploits.

"One of the reasons for me coming here was my desire to win. This is the perfect place for me to start doing so.

"I will wear the number 21 shirt. It's my age and a number I like.

"I’ve been here for two days and it’s a big change for me. I hope I’m able to develop and become a great player."

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
130764 messaggi

6i70qd.jpg

Juventus summer signee Paulo Dybala says
he will wear No. 21 this upcoming season

http://www.blackwhitereadallover.com/2015/7/14/8957447/juventus-paulo-dybala-introductory-press-conference-shirt-number

Jul 14, 2015

Monday was the day for Paulo Dybala to wear Juventus' new adidas training gear for the first time as he ran laps and went through drills with two of his new teammates, Sami Khedira and Simone Zaza. Come Tuesday, it was the day for Dybala, Juventus' big-money summer signing from Palermo, to receive even more gear, as well as meet the press for the first time in bianconero.

Maybe the biggest news to come out of the 16-minute press conference was what number Dybala will be wearing during his debut season with Juventus. Instead of telling you what it is (if you haven't read the headline already), why don't you just go ahead and look at Dybala holding up his new jersey after the final question was asked and then answered at his introductory press conference.

Yep, that's No. 21 that was recent vacated by Andrea Pirlo after he traded in his Juventus jersey for one that's nothing but blue and sports a New York City FC badge on it. That's the same No. 21 that another one of the best players in Juventus' history, Zinedine Zidane, wore during his time in Turin. It's a number that certainly has a lot of history behind it, so good luck, kid.

Paulo, a simple question for you: Why did you choose the squad number you chose?

JuventusFC ✔@juventusfcen
.@PauDybala_JR: "I will wear the number 21 shirt. It's my age and a number I like."

That's a pretty simple enough answer to a simple question. And seeing as he played this past season in Italy, it would be virtually impossible for Dybala to not know who wore the No. 21 before him.

There's the possible snowball effect of Dybala choosing the number he did. Some thought he might go with No. 7 now that it's available after Simone Pepe's contract expired at the end of June. Instead, that could mean it's free for Simone Zaza to take if he so pleases. Mario Mandzukic is rumored to be in line for the No. 17, which give us plenty of feelings since a striker hasn't worn said number since David Trezeguet left the club. (Don't you dare say Nicklas Bendtner, people.) And we're soon to find out what number Sami Khedira will take when he has his own press conference on Wednesday afternoon.

Of course, there was more than just jersey numbers discussed at Dybala's first press conference as a Juventus player. There were questions about why he chose to sign with Juventus so quickly, who his influences were as a player while he grew up in Argentina, the usual stuff and things of that nature. But he was also asked about where he prefers to play on the field, which makes a lot of sense since Juventus' strike force outside of Kingsley Coman and Álvaro Morata are completely new this upcoming season.

.@PauDybala_JR: "Do I prefer playing behind the strikers? Not necessarily, I'm also comfortable up top and ready to play where I'm asked to"

.@PauDybala_JR: "I’ll need to speak to the boss as regards my position. I’ve played as an attacking midfielder and up top. It’s down to him"

Let the Dybala-trequartista talk only intensify after this round of questions. Not that having a versatile striker is the worst thing in the world. That's especially true when you've dropped €32 million — and potentially another €8 million — on a player you likely envision your club building around in both the present and future.

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
130764 messaggi

xofhxd.jpg

Dybala: Juventus the perfect club for me

The talented 21-year-old is hoping to help the Scudetto and
Coppa Italia holders go one further in 2015-16 by conquering Europe.

http://www.goal.com/en/news/10/italy/2015/07/14/13576762/-?

Jun 14, 2015

Juventus summer signing Paulo Dybala believes he has joined the "perfect club" to start racking up silverware.

The 21-year-old Argentine excelled at Palermo in 2014-15, triggering a race between top European clubs to secure his long-term future.

Massimiliano Allegri's Serie A champions came out on top in the pursuit, tying him down to a five-year deal, and the €32 million forward expressed his delight at his official unveiling on Tuesday.

"Playing for a great club like Juventus represents an important step for me," he told reporters. "The first-team competition here means you can never ease off, which is a motivation and keeps you on your toes.

"It's the perfect club to start winning things in my career. I’ve been here a couple of days and it’s a big change for me. I hope I’m able to develop into a top player here."

The Bianconeri are currently on a four-season Scudetto streak and won the Coppa Italia for the first time in 20 years in May, though Dybala has his sights set on going one better than the European runners-up medal Juve picked up last month.

"Last year Juventus enjoyed a great season," he added. "It’s a pity that they could not win the Champions League, but I think the club can go one step further this campaign.

"We all must be ready to play, we have three trophies to fight for and a Super Cup on the horizon. Serie A will be difficult this year, but we've got a strong squad and can repeat last season's exploits."

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
130764 messaggi

swcy9l.png

Dybala relishes Pirlo shirt

http://www.football-italia.net/69198/dybala-relishes-pirlo-shirt?

Jul 14, 2015

Paulo Dybala is not afraid of inheriting Andrea Pirlo and Zinedine Zidane’s 21 shirt at Juventus. “I want to follow in their footsteps.”

The Argentine was presented to the media today and spoke to the official club television channel.

“It’s an amazing feeling to be here wearing the shirt that I dreamed of wearing for so long,” Dybala told JTV from inside the Juventus Stadium.

“I chose the shirt number 21 because it’s my age and it’s also been worn by great players such as Zidane and most recently Pirlo.

“They’re players who have made history and I’d like to follow in their footsteps.”

Ex-Palermo star Dybala was also impressed with his surroundings in Turin.

“I was really impressed and a bit surprised the first time I played here. It was the day Juventus won the Scudetto, so it was unusual.

“To see the crowd chanting my name will be an amazing feeling. I am delighted to be part of this family, to be one of them and hope to score many goals.”

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
130764 messaggi

smrn9d.jpg

Paulo Dybala Will Be the Emerging
Face of Serie A This Season

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2522439-paulo-dybala-will-be-the-emerging-face-of-serie-a-this-season?

Jul 15, 2015

Juventus are set to usher in a new era up front after parting ways with the excellent Carlos Tevez, and first in line to assume his crown is new signing Paulo Dybala.

Signed for a princely sum of around €40 million, per ESPNFC, he faces the unenviable task of replicating what his fellow Argentine has done in Turin for the past two seasons. Indeed, despite Dybala's arrival and clear burgeoning talent, many believe letting Tevez leave this summer is a huge mistake on the part of the Bianconeri.

Tevez was the best player in Serie A last season; he managed 20 goals and seven assists from 29 starts, per WhoScored.com, and excelled in the UEFA Champions League, leading The Old Lady to the final in Berlin off the back of a further seven strikes.

To let him go back to Boca Juniors, whatever the price, is a nice sentimental gesture, but it's weakened the best forward line in the league. A rebuild must ensue, and the gauntlet appears to have been laid down at Dybala's feet.

Can the €40 million man keep Juve afloat at the top of the pile, achieving success akin to Tevez and spearheading another wildly successful season?

1. Physical

Dybala has drawn comparisons to some remarkably well-respected players, though that's mostly via the rather large mouth of his former president at Palermo, Maurizio Zamparini.

In 2012, he was "The New Aguero," per Corriere dello Sport, then earlier this year he became "part Lionel Messi, part Vincenzo Montella," per UEFA.com.

First and foremost, and before we even begin to delve into Dybala the footballer, the comparison to Aguero stacks up physically and athletically; it's easy to see why Zamparini is hauling superlatives out of the well for the benefit of his former charge.

At 5'9", Dybala stands an inch taller than both Tevez and Aguero, and he boasts the same stocky, low-to-the-ground frame. All three have superb core strength and low centres of gravity, capable of planting their feet and turning tightly, exploding into sprints and nipping around in tight spaces.

Dybala is aerially small and won't welcome cross-heavy situations, but has enough muscle to grind through duels and can certainly add to a well-proportioned frame. He also boasts bite and tenacity; Serie A defenders know he's not an easy one to knock off the ball.

His somatotype is perfect for the kind of player he is: a deep-lying forward or drop-in striker, looking to find space, turn and run.

2. Link Play

Dybala is a link forward, and a damn good one at that. You can draw comparisons between him and Tevez on nearly every level, be it physical, stylistic or even nationality-based. Losing Tevez is a blow for Juventus, but they literally could not have done a better job of finding a replacement for him—unless, of course, Sergio Aguero happened to hit the market.

The last half-decade has been particularly kind to The Old Lady, with Antonio Conte bringing them trophy-laden dominance domestically, then Massimiliano Allegri taking the project a step further and re-entering their name into the pantheon of European relevants.

That success has been predicated not only on the magisterial genius of Andrea Pirlo in a deep, creative role, but also a link forward capable of adding a more direct dimension to Juve's play. You can go back to Mirko Vucinic under Conte, or flick forward to Tevez under Allegri to appreciate how the club have successfully used this type of player.

Dybala is that player, and the Juve system will suit him down to the ground. He'll be able to replicate what Tevez did at Signal Iduna Park last season on the way to the Champions League, dropping in off the front line to collect passes, turn and push on.

The Argentine can filter back from the No. 9 role and lurk, waiting for clearances from deep to latch onto. He gets his body in between ball and marker, twists low and surges forward. His agility, quickness and top-end speed are all superb, and he fights for every yard by aggressively warding off markers.

His distribution and decision-making, even on the run, are at a high level already; his chance creation for teammates throughout the 2014-15 season reached prolific, playmaker-esque levels at times.

3. Dribbling

Dribbling and ball control is one of Dybala's key assets; he buys himself time to think and to play by weaving around to find openings and angles that suit his needs. He also finds passes he otherwise wouldn't by flummoxing defenders and beating them one vs. one.

By the end of this game, The Neroverdi were attempting to spear-tackle Dybala to the ground, such were their frustrations with his ability to evade their grasp. He continually slipped in and out of pockets, danced between challenges and ducked heavier attempts to haul him down.

He's as capable dribbling outside as inside, using that good pace to knock the ball ahead of or around his man. He jinks inside or explodes over the top; either is an effective route to goal in his mind.

In 2014-15 he represented a dribbling monster, attempting 12.1 dribbles per game and managing a remarkable 47.4 percent success rate, per Sportsmatrix. He was significantly more efficient than Zaza, about as good as Tevez and just slightly behind the brilliant Felipe Anderson.

4. Through Balls

We have touched briefly on his passing, commending its quality. Short-to-medium range is strong and concise, and he posted an 81.6 percent completion percentage in Serie A last season, per WhoScored.com—not bad for a player who rarely makes any passes without pressure.

But one of the most eye-popping parts of Dybala's game is his through ball, leading to overall chance creation. He's able to drop off the front line, collect, turn and go, but he's also able to spot early passes and thread them through without fuss.

The weight on some of his threaded passes is simply sublime; he lays it perfectly into the path of on-rushing wingers and runners, releasing them into the space he only recently vacated. In a way, he's showing false-nine tendencies even at 21 years of age—a remarkable feat.

It must be said, that in playing for a weaker side in Palermo, he didn't always make the quick decision and lay it off; sometimes, he simply kept it and opted to dribble, perhaps not trusting his team-mates. Still, according to Sportsmatrix, he averaged an attempted 7.2 chances created per game—level with Tevez (7.2), just behind Felipe Anderson (8.6) and far, far ahead of fellow Juve inductee Simone Zaza (3.3); it can't be said that he's a greedy player (above image).

Having a multi-faceted game as a link forward is key, and remaining unpredictable is paramount to success. In averaging high numbers in both dribbles and through balls, and in retaining the willingness to run in behind, Dybala has his marker on the back foot every time.

5. Channel Runs

It can't all be about Dybala with the ball at his feet; to be worth €40 million to a club, the off-the-ball work needs to stack up too.

Granted, at Palermo he was the main man. Only fellow countryman Franco Vazquez helped to shoulder the offensive load, managing three less Serie A goals than Dybala (10) but just as many assists (10), per WhoScored.com. That means Dybala is seeing lots of the ball as his team seeks him out; his chances to show off-the-ball intelligence are more limited than most young forwards coming through.

That said, one aspect that did impress was his understanding of how to stretch the pitch. Many players of his ilk are guilty of shrinking the area in which they can play subconsciously by drifting and dropping inward and never gambling with runs; Dybala, on the other hand, varies his patterns and stretches the pitch vertically for himself and others.

Notably, his channel-running is strong. He flexes forward to push his marker backward, then drops back in to receive the pass in the space he's created. Next he'll actually run in beyond, asking for a threaded passes, tangling the defender's legs and laying the foundations for a difficult afternoon.

He has the requisite speed to trouble in the channels even when he's not bluffing, and favours the right-hand side, sitting on the shoulder of the left-sided centre-back. It allows him to cut inside on his favoured left foot and bear down on goal.

6. Finishing

Dybala's a very one-footed finisher, favouring his left side. It hasn't necessarily been a problem for him so far, but he does visibly contort his body to squeeze his left foot over the ball to finish wherever possible.

His goal tally—13 for the league season—is inflated somewhat by his set-piece ability; he takes goal-range free-kicks (superbly, might we add) and penalties, so we have to delve a little deeper into his film to assess his true prowess in front of goal.

The results suggest a ridiculously cool finisher—provided it falls to his left boot. He sweeps home with ease, pauses and forces the goalkeeper to make mistakes before he buries balls and can score beauties from range, too. His technique when contacting the ball is consistently excellent, boasting that enviable lazy strike that seems to just stroke it home on a whim.

He's far from perfect—his shot:goal ratio is a measly 9:1—and he's not afraid to take on the ambitious attempt from the angle—sometimes to a fault. But what Dybala is is a very natural striker of the ball with the self-confidence to match his ability; at 21 years of age, that clinical edge has time to develop.

Projection

Juventus have decided to entirely overhaul their striking corps this summer, signing no less than three players (Dybala, Zaza and Mario Mandzukic) to complement Fernando Llorente and Alvaro Morata. The depth of the position gives Massimiliano Allegri options, but also relieves pressure on those with big expectations surrounding them.

Dybala is not a shy man and likely won't shrink under pressure, but Juventus' tactic in replacing Tevez with him and Zaza, while expensive, should bear fruit. Llorente could well depart, but Mandzukic is the replacement for the big man and will open the possibility of another big man-small man combination.

Dybala has all of the requisite instincts and abilities to emulate Tevez for Juventus, and the club will hope he grows into that prominent role within the next two years. His raw ability is unrivalled by most in the sport, and should he work the few kinks out of his still-inexperienced game, there's no stopping him.

With the passing of the torch at Juve, from Tevez to Dybala, comes perhaps an interesting situation on the international scale too. How long will it be before Argentina opt to cap and trial the latter, perhaps even pushing the former out of the picture in the process?

2015-16 will be huge for Dybala from a domestic, continental and international perspective. He's a burgeoning Serie A talent just waiting to be let loose on the bigger stage, and he stands to taste, at the very least, a first European adventure, awarding him the chance to etch his name across the minds of those yet to realise his majesty.

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
130764 messaggi

smrn9d.jpg

Why Paulo Dybala Is the Most Important
Summer Signing for Juventus

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2523368-why-paulo-dybala-is-the-most-important-summer-signing-for-juventus?

Jul 17, 2015

The pre-season preparations are firmly underway for Juventus, with players beginning to report for duty ahead of the forthcoming campaign. There are, however, a number of familiar faces missing, Andrea Pirlo and Carlos Tevez having already moved on, with Arturo Vidal seemingly set to follow suit, as reported by BBC Sport.

There are also some new signings, of course, with the Turin giants having worked quickly to secure replacements for those departing stars. Mario Mandzukic and Simone Zaza will look to match the Argentinian’s incredible scoring record, while the expectation surrounding Sami Khedira was discussed at length in this previous column.

Yet despite two of that trio having tasted Champions League glory with their former clubs, Paulo Dybala is the one summer addition the Bianconeri arguably need the most from. He is certainly the most expensive, with the official club website noting they had paid Palermo no less than €32 million, with a further €8 million in potential add-ons.

He spent his first day at the training ground on Tuesday this week, with a press conference held a day later to introduce him to the media, as the player himself explained what he expected from the move.

“Playing for a great club like Juventus represents an important step for me,” Dybala said per the official Juventus website. “I hope to develop both as a player and as a person and to become a key member of the team.”

Clearly, having made such a substantial investment, the Bianconeri will expect the same from the man who will be pulling on the No. 21 shirt in 2015/16. One of the main things the side needs from Dybala is the creativity both Pirlo—who previously wore that same number—and Tevez brought to the side.

That duo led the team in terms of key passes last season, with statistics from WhoScored.com showing they averaged 2.2 and 1.9 respectively in that category. It is telling that the same source shows the next highest tally among the first-team regulars was Paul Pogba, with just 1.4 such passes per game.

Figures from Squawka.com show Tevez led the club in terms of overall chances created with 61, but there is hope Dybala can make up for that shortfall. The 21-year-old notched 10 assists last term, a league-high mark and a number better than any Juventus player managed in 2014/15, where Claudio Marchisio managed a total of six to lead the current squad.

According to WhoScored, Dybala made an average of 1.7 key passes in his 34 appearances, and the graphic below highlights his impressive ability to create opportunities for others compared to his new team-mates.

His former coach Beppe Iachini has warned against expecting too much of the striker, who netted 13 goals last term. “He has to find a way to wait for his chance at Juventus, to show he deserves a chance and to play when he gets that chance,” the Palermo boss when Tele Radio Stereo asked him about the move (h/t Football Italia).

“At a higher level, playing for a top team, you have to know how to wait, and take advantage of moments, of chances,” Iachini continued. Thanks to that high price tag, however, there will likely be intense pressure placed upon his shoulders, and as the heat grew at that inaugural press conference, Dybala was forced to wipe away a few beads of sweat as he went on to say that Juventus was “the perfect club to start winning things.”

When the spotlight falls upon him in the forthcoming campaign, the Bianconeri will hope he steps up to help them do just that, and Paulo Dybala is arguably the man they will rely upon most to fill the void left by those high-profile departures.

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
130764 messaggi

34e7ujn.jpg

Dybala: I Can Play Like Zidane For Juventus

http://forzaitalianfootball.com/2015/07/dybala-i-can-play-like-zidane-for-juventus/?

Jul 17, 2015

Juventus forward Paulo Dybala has said that he can emulate how icon Zinedine Zidane played for the club.

Argentine Dybala opted to inherit the Bianconeri’s number 21 shirt – left vacant after Andrea Pirlo’s departure – and he says he has no qualms about following in the legendary duo’s footsteps for the Turin giants.

“At Juventus this shirt has had players like Zidane,” said the youngster, acknowledging the history of his employers.

“Can I play as a playmaker like Zizou? It’s a role that I had in Argentina.

“The coach of the first team put me up front at Palermo and I scored them more goals.

“I can play attacking midfielder or striker.”

Dybala scored 13 Serie A goals last season for Palermo, a key factor in his €32 million switch to Juventus last month.

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
130764 messaggi

smrn9d.jpg

Why 15 Goals Is a Realistic Aim for
Juventus' Paulo Dybala in 2015/16 Season

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2532056-why-15-goals-is-a-realistic-aim-for-juventus-paulo-dybala-in-201516-season?

Aug 2, 2015

As the 2015/16 campaign draws ever closer and clubs begin to finalise their squads, it is only natural to wonder what the forthcoming season might bring for various players and teams. When it comes to Juventus, there are arguably more questions than answers—such is the degree of change that has swept through the reigning Italian champions this summer.

Indeed, there are a number of intriguing new faces to blend into an already excellent side, and while the likes of Sami Khedira and Mario Mandzukic arrive with a proven international pedigree, it is somewhat more difficult to predict what to expect from Paulo Dybala.

The 21-year-old was comfortably Juve’s most expensive acquisition, with the club’s official website revealing they had spent €32 million—plus a further €8 million in potential bonuses—to bring the striker from Sicilian side Palermo.

OptaPaolo ✔@OptaPaolo
43% - Paulo Dybala was directly involved in 23 of Palermo's 53 goals in the 2014/15 Serie A (13 scored, 10 assisted). Bianconero.

Dybala weighed in with 13 goals and 10 assists last term, helping the Rosanero to retain their top flight status after they won the Serie B title 12 months earlier. Given the loss of his compatriot Carlos Tevez—who bagged 50 goals in 96 appearances for the Bianconeri—he will need to deliver a similar return in the season ahead.

After the transfer of the Cordoba-born star was finalised, Palermo coach Beppe Iachini told Tele Radio Stereo (h/t Football Italia) that he “could see that Dybala had great qualities,” when he took control of the team. While explaining the reason for his breakout 2014/15 campaign, the tactician urged caution for the future as he went on to say:

It was important to move him to being the main striker, which allowed him to see the goal better and make the most of attacking situations. It was an idea that the lad fully embraced, he’s learned better how to protect the ball, and has become what everyone can see; a very unselfish player, as well as a good lad.

He has to find a way to wait for his chance at Juventus, to show he deserves a chance and to play when he gets that chance.

The Bianconeri will not want to rush the 21-year-old, but it is clear they will expect him to produce quickly given the size of their investment. He showed last season that he can score all manner of goals, finding the net with a variety of chips, volleys and intelligently placed shots from his wonderful left foot.

He did so from all over the box, proving he can be lethal in front of goal when given the opportunity. Thanks to the manner in which Juventus have dominated games under Massimiliano Allegri, it is perhaps reasonable to expect at least 15 goals from Dybala in the forthcoming campaign.

That figure would represent his biggest tally since moving to Europe, yet with the talent surrounding him in Turin it is a reasonable aim, and the player himself is clearly seeking to improve as he begins life with last year’s Champions League finalists.

“Playing for a great club like Juventus represents an important step for me,” Dybala said at his inaugural press conference, per the club’s official website. “I hope to develop both as a player and as a person and to become a key member of the team. This is the perfect club to start winning things in my career.”

In time, both he and everyone connected with Italian football’s grand Old Lady would like the Capocannoniere trophy—given to Serie A’s leading scorer—to be among his trophy collection, but for now somewhere between 15 and 20 goals would be perfect.

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
130764 messaggi

swcy9l.png

Dybala targets Scudetto

http://www.football-italia.net/70593/dybala-targets-scudetto?

Aug 5, 2015

New Juventus signing Paulo Dybala is aiming for the Scudetto, and wishes he could have played with Alessandro Del Piero.

The striker joined the Bianconeri this summer, arriving from Palermo in a €40m deal, and answered fans’ Twitter questions from the Old Lady’s training camp in Shanghai.

“On my first day, I was instantly taken aback by the whole environment,” Dybala explained.

“Especially the wonderful Juventus Stadium. I want to win our fifth consecutive Scudetto. It would represent a historic feat.

“We watch a lot of Italian football in Argentina. Juve’s a very popular club back home, regarded as one of the best in the world.

“A Juve legend I’d like to have played with? How can I say anyone other than Alessandro Del Piero? A true great.”

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
130764 messaggi

smrn9d.jpg

How Big a Steal Is Paulo Dybala for Juventus?

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2538139-how-big-a-steal-is-paulo-dybala-for-juventus?

Aug 6, 2015

Paulo Dybala was hugely impressive last season, notching 13 goals and 10 assists in his first campaign as a regular in the Italian top flight, swiftly prompting Juventus to secure his signature before 2014/15 even came to an end.

The Palermo forward did not come cheap however, with the Serie A champions revealing via their official website that they had paid €32 million—with potentially a further €8 million in bonuses—to bring him to Turin.

In that same announcement, the Bianconeri noted that Dybala had agreed to a five-year contract, and the player clearly has the best years of his career ahead of him. Understanding the value of that entire deal is a complex matter, but by breaking it down into a number of smaller details, the bigger picture of just what a steal Juventus have made becomes clear.

Dybala joins Juventus, penning a five-year contract with the club.

First of all, the most obvious point is his age. The 21-year-old has huge potential, and given that transfer fees continue to skyrocket, getting him this early undoubtedly ensures the grand Old Lady has paid the best possible price.

With his tender age comes the ability to improve and realise just how good he can become, and reflecting on his impressive year with Palermo offers some insight into that.

Looking first at the variety of goals Dybala scored, any compilation of his finishing includes deft chips, well-executed volleys and thunderous efforts, all of which left opposing goalkeepers clutching at thin air and powerless to prevent him scoring.

Yet what also becomes instantly apparent is that the source of each is exactly the same: Dybala’s magical left foot. As the graphic above from Squawka.com shows, each of his 13 strikes came that way, and as he works on other areas of his game it is difficult not to see his goal tally rising quickly.

To do that he will need to quickly improve his heading ability, with statistics courtesy of WhoScored.com show Dybala won just 0.4 headed duels per game, with Squawka highlighting that equated to just 14 of the 80 such challenges (18 percent) he contested last term.

Putting that into context, Carlos Tevez—who at 1.73 m (5'8'') is four cm shorter than Dybala—won just two aerial battles in 2014/15, according to Squawka’s figures, but the same source shows he did find the back of the net with a header.

What must also be noted is that while he proved effective he is with his left foot, there is room to improve there too. Dybala found the target with just 44 percent of his shot attempts, with the graphic below showing both how that fares against his new team-mates and the work needed to stand out in that area.

The comparison to Tevez is one that will regularly come to the fore, with one Argentinian striker having directly replaced another at Juventus, and while it is patently unfair on Dybala to pit him against such an accomplished star, there is a deeper-lying reason for it.

OPTA rated the duo as Serie A’s leading strikers across all statistical categories last season. Clearly it is a huge leap to expect Dybala to bridge the void Tevez has left behind, but it is one the player himself appears determined to go some way towards filling as he spoke at his inaugural Juventus press conference.

OptaPaolo ✔@OptaPaolo
2 - Dybala and Tévez are the best Serie A strikers according to Opta Index. Comparison

“Playing for a great club like Juventus represents an important step for me,” Dybala said per the club’s official website. “I hope to develop both as a player and as a person and to become a key member of the team.”

He has chosen to do so wearing the No. 21 shirt vacated by another Juventus idol, with Andrea Pirlo’s decision to move to MLS side New York City FC leaving it open for the club’s most expensive summer addition. The absence of the bearded genius will leave La Madama in need of invention from her remaining players, and Dybala is arguably best placed among Massimiliano Allegri’s squad to provide that.

No player in Serie A bettered his tally of 10 assists, and as the graphic below—courtesy of Squawka.com—shows, the former Palermo man created far more scoring opportunities than any other member of the squad.

Another player may yet arrive to shoulder some of that burden, although the club’s director general Beppe Marotta told Quotidiano Sportivo (h/t Football Italia) that Juventus “will never sign” Oscar of Chelsea or Real Madrid’s Isco. Yet he was keen to note the versatility of the Argentinian as he discussed his plans for the remainder of the transfer window in that same interview.

“We are looking for a midfielder numerically, not with any specific qualities, but in the context of a very eclectic midfield which includes [Paul] Pogba, [Claudio] Marchisio, [sami] Khedira and [Roberto] Pereyra,” the club official noted. “Dybala could play as a trequartista.”

While that would not be a long-term solution, it is clear the striker has the attributes to provide cover in a more withdrawn role, a fact which only adds to the feeling that Juventus appear to have made a smart acquisition despite that large initial fee.

That the move comes in the same summer that Manchester City paid £44 million for Raheem Sterling (h/t BBC Sport) puts it firmly into perspective. The fee paid to Liverpool works out at just over €62.5 million at today’s exchange rate, almost double the sum given to Palermo for a player only 13 months Dybala’s junior.

As discussed in this previous column, given the improved quality of the players around him, it is reasonable to expect that Juventus could see his output rise to around 15 goals in the new campaign and go even higher in the seasons to come.

Clearly far from realising his vast potential, there is huge scope for Dybala to improve substantially over the course of his initial contract with the club, and he could one day blossom into the kind of talismanic star that Tevez so clearly was. One major facet the latter brought to the pitch was his infectious work ethic, harassing defenders and looking to win back possession as quickly as possible.

According to WhoScored, the Boca Juniors star averaged 0.8 tackles and 0.3 interceptions in his final season in Italy, with the same source showing Dybala registered 0.7 and 0.5 in those respective categories. That hints at a similar willingness to work, and is a trait which Allegri is almost certain to demand the younger man delivers every time he steps on the field.

Those skills and desire for improvement bode well for the future and indicate that, despite the huge transfer fee paid for him, Paulo Dybala could yet prove to be a huge steal for Juventus.

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
130764 messaggi

34e7ujn.jpg

Dybala: I’m Very Emotional After
Juventus’s Supercoppa Italiana Win

http://forzaitalianfootball.com/2015/08/dybala-im-very-emotional-after-juventuss-supercoppa-italiana-win/?

Aug 8, 2015

Juventus striker Paulo Dybala spoke of his emotions after coming off the bench to score the second goal in Juve’s 2-0 win over Lazio as the Bianconeri claimed a record seventh Supercoppa Italiana in Shanghai.

The former Palermo man previously spoke of his intention to repay the Old Lady’s faith in him and he also revealed what coach Massimiliano Allegri told him to do before sending him on.

“I’m very emotional after I was able to score in my first official game,” said Dybala to Juve’s official website after the win in China.

“The coach asked me to play as I know how.

“Luckily, I started well and was able to score.

“The goal? I went over to thank Paul Pogba for the assist.

“We always want to win, now we want to start well in the league.”

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
130764 messaggi

34e7ujn.jpg

Juventus Forward Dybala Pays Tribute
To Supporters After Scoring Debut Goal

http://forzaitalianfootball.com/2015/08/juventus-forward-dybala-pays-tribute-to-supporters-after-scoring-debut-goal/?

Aug 10, 2015

Argentine forward Paulo Dybala has celebrated his first official goal for Juventus, taking to social media to announce his delight while thanking fans of the club.

The 21-year-old sensation made his competitive debut for the Bianconeri in their Supercoppa Italiana clash against Lazio, an appearance that he made count as he put the match beyond doubt with a goal just ten minutes after entering the field.

His debut goal led Juventus to their seventh Supercoppa Italiana, a victory which the forward described as remarkable.

“Today felt remarkable, to score in my first game in a Juve shirt and in a Final was incredible,” He told Rai Sport.

Dybala has since decided to extend his joy to fans on social media, tweeting: “I’m very happy for the debut and my new team’s success. Thank you all for the support,” His tweet read.

Paulo Dybala @PauDybala_JR
Muy contento con el debut y con el nuevo logro del equipo. Gracias a todos por el apoyo!

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
130764 messaggi

6i70qd.jpg

Projecting Paulo Dybala's 2015-16 season

http://www.blackwhitereadallover.com/2015/8/11/9018999/paulo-dybala-juventus-2015-16-projections-serie-a

Aug 11, 2015

Even before Paulo Dybala steps onto the field for his first Serie A game in a Juventus jersey, the expectations are going to be high. Those expectations will be as high as the money Juve paid to Palermo this summer to secure the Argentine forward's services, which also happens to be a transfer fee for the Andrea Agnelli/Beppe Marotta era.

That's the territory that comes with a transfer that could push the €40 million plateau.

Dybala is not just being looked as a contributor this season, but for the future Juventus teams. As much as that chunk of change sent over the Palermo has to do with being paid immediately, it also has to do with Dybala being viewed as a building block at Juventus for a long, long time. And at the tender age of 21 with his career essentially right in front of him, there's plenty of potential to grow into for this talented Argentine.

For now, though, we'll just concentrate on the immediate future.

Dybala is coming off a breakout 2014-15 season — where he reached double digits in both goals and assists. Not bad for a 20-year-old, right? Only a handful of players in Serie A could say they did the same a season ago, and one of the biggest reasons as to why Dybala got so much attention from big clubs across Europe before Juventus agreed to sign him back in late May. The double-digit double showed the Dybala is not just a legitimate goal-scoring threat in one of Europe's best defensive leagues, but also one that sets them up and makes his teammates better in the process.

That sounds like another Argentina who wore the Juventus colors for a couple of seasons recently, doesn't it?

So, here's something to re-familiarize yourself with Dybala's skill set just in case you've forgotten about what Juventus' big-money signing is capable of doing on the field. And, just like always, the questionable music choice is there as well.

Now that he's traded in his pink Palermo jersey for the bianconero of Juventus, Dybala is on the big stage with the biggest team Italy has to offer. He wanted to be a Juventus player from the onset of all the transfer talk, and that's exactly what he got. Dybala cost the highest transfer fee of the Agnelli era, and he's got the talent to be worth even more than that.

The main question is how Max Allegri will deploy Dybala this season. Will Dybala play wide in a 4-3-3? Will he play behind Mario Manduzkic and next to Álvaro Morata in a 4-3-2-1? Alongside either one of them — and don't forget Simone Zaza, too — in a 4-3-1-2 or 3-5-2? To honest, it's probably a combination of all three of them — and maybe even more possible outcomes along the way seeing as how tactically flexible Allegri is. As we've come to know about Juventus in recent years, they like their players to be versatile, which means Dybala's exactly position on the field probably won'e be set in stone. For right now, at least.

Dybala's long-term future is as some kind of variation of a seconda punta, no doubt, which will obviously cater to his ability to score goals and set them up. And, logically, that would be alongside Morata in the year, oh, 2018 or 2020 and beyond. We know all about the potential each one of the them has, and the hope is that they can not only grow as players, but also a combination to lead Juventus forward. (Pun intended? Maybe.)

I feel safe in saying this, though: If Dybala goes onto score goals that even come close to resembling what he did in the Italian Super Cup against Lazio over the weekend, then Allegri will be forced to play him more often than not. And, at the same time, that record transfer fee will become even less of a worry as the days go by.

PAULO DYBALA 2015-16 PROJECTION (SERIE A ONLY)

Games: 35

Starts: 24

Goals: 12

Assists: 8

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
130764 messaggi

swcy9l.png

What to expect from Dybala

Having netted his maiden Juventus goal following a big-money move
from Palermo, Luca Cetta casts an eye over summer signing Paulo Dybala.

http://www.football-italia.net/70974/what-expect-dybala?

Aug 13, 2015

A quick one-two punch in last Saturday’s Italian Super Cup against Lazio from recently signed pair Mario Mandzukic and Paulo Dybala was the perfect way for this new Juventus era to commence. After the Croat powered a header past goalkeeper Federico Marchetti, Dybala’s rocket sealed the trophy.

It may be just one goal, but for a player attempting to fit into new surroundings and with a new audience to please it was timely. Especially when the Old Lady forked out one of her biggest ever transfer fees to do so – €32m, plus bonuses which could eventually take it up to €40m.

Dybala’s maiden Bianconeri strike is the base on which he can build ahead of the new Serie A season. When Juventus welcome Udinese to Turin next Sunday the Argentine will be favoured to start alongside Mandzukic – Alvaro Morata’s injury making Massimiliano Allegri’s choice less complicated. For the sensation from Cordoba it likely means he has the first month of the campaign to integrate and impress.

Pre-season has been a mixed bag. Clearly, the talent is there. La Joya – the jewel – has shown glimpses of his talent, but is also guilty of at times displaying excessive eagerness. Allegri was angry with a Dybala nutmeg late in the Super Cup and afterward spoke of it as the both a positive and negative aspect to a youngster’s game – exuberance can hamper decision making.

But it’s early days. And there’s a reason why Juventus shelled out the biggest sum of the Andrea Agnelli era on the 21-year-old. A superb season with Palermo saw Dybala’s name connected with Europe’s biggest clubs. He netted on 13 occasions and assisted 10 further goals – many in either category ones for the highlight reel. His portfolio ranged from the deft to the forceful, courtesy of an enchanting left foot. Dybala’s ability to both score and create made him highly sought-after.

Having struggled in his first two Italian campaigns, as a regular under Beppe Iachini he shone brightly. The clamour for Dybala’s signature ended with Juve paying a significant sum. Yet given his age and potential, plus fees exchanged elsewhere this summer, it could work out to be money well spent in the long run.

Former Palermo boss Gennaro Gattuso said of Dybala: “He is a player who is two pages ahead of everyone else. He is pure class and you have to succeed when you have his touch and ability at this game. Paulo is a true player.”

Inevitably, comparisons will be drawn with Carlos Tevez, the player he ‘replaces’. They occupy similar positions, but interpretations differ. Tevez was a grafter who harassed to greater effect without the ball. He proved more clinical in front of goal too. Dybala created more goals last term. But what must also be considered is one Argentine arrived in Turin a wily veteran who had done it all. The other has it all before him.

What cannot be disregarded is the creative aspect both offer. Tevez was vital, especially in the final third, with Andrea Pirlo pulling the strings from deep. Both have departed Vinovo.

That places some of the creative burden on Dybala’s shoulders. He proved his worth in this department last season and with a cast of teammates including Mandzukic, Morata and Simone Zaza alongside, his exploits could bear greater fruit this term.

So what should Juventus expect? “The club has made a big investment in me. I will try to repay the faith of the Coach and the club,” he said after the Super Cup. Bettering his mark at Palermo would represent a fine debut season and is an achievable aim. In the short term the budding talent will be important as Morata sits out.

Juventus believe in Dybala. He was central to their transfer campaign and his acquisition highlights the desire to begin a new era while continuing their dominance. The Argentine showed his ability in Sicily and taking that to the next level for a club of Juve’s magnitude is the next test. The new jewel can add plenty of sparkle.

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
130764 messaggi

swcy9l.png

Moggi: ‘Dybala great signing'

http://www.football-italia.net/71065/moggi-%E2%80%98dybala-great-signing?

Aug 15, 2015

Disgraced former Juventus director Luciano Moggi has given summer signing Paulo Dybala his backing: ‘He’ll score many goals.’

Moggi believes that while Carlos Tevez will be missed, the youngster can help the Old Lady plug the gap and that the Bianconeri remain favourites for the Scudetto.

“I see a Juve which is always at the top and difficult to catch - Italy they’re always the favourites,” he told Tuttomercatoweb.

“The team was rejuvenated and it was inevitable that Pirlo would leave.

“They could miss Tevez’s goals as Mandzukic scores less, but I think Dybala is a great signing.

“I think that he could score more goals many other forwards.”

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
130764 messaggi

swcy9l.png

Zamparini: ‘Allegri, grow up!’

http://www.football-italia.net/71558/zamparini-%E2%80%98allegri-grow-up%E2%80%99?

Aug 25, 2015

Palermo President Maurizio Zamparini attacks Juventus’ Massimiliano Allegri: ‘It’s the Coach, not Paulo Dybala, who needs to grow up.’

Dybala left Palermo earlier this summer and Zamparini accused Allegri of being at fault for not starting with the young striker, who has been benched for their first two competitive matches.

“If someone has to grow up at Juve, it’s not Dybala but the Coach,” Zamparini said to giornalaccio rosa dello Sport.

“Allegri is like all Italian Coaches, he believes he can influence the game but doesn’t understand that talented players should be left with freedom.

“I bet on Dybala because I’ve never seen such a strong player at my Palermo.

“Within two or three years he could become the new Messi. With him Juve have got a great deal.”

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
130764 messaggi

xofhxd.jpg

Dybala can be the new Messi, insists Zamparini

The Palermo president has criticised Massimiliano Allegri
for the way he has used the Argentine forward so far at Juventus.

http://www.goal.com/en/news/10/italy/2015/08/25/14735022/dybala-can-be-the-new-messi?ICID=TP_HN_3

Aug 26, 2015

Paulo Dybala can be the new Lionel Messi within the next three years, according to Palermo president Maurizio Zamparini, who hit out at Massimiliano Allegri for not understanding the attacker.

The 21-year-old joined the Serie A champions this summer for an initial fee of €32 million and scored on his competitive debut in the Supercoppa win over Lazio.

The Argentine was a substitute in the shock 1-0 defeat to Udinese, however, with Kingsley Koman preferred as Mario Mandzukic's partner from the start.

Juve boss Massimiliano Allegri has claimed that Dybala "needs to grow" if he is to nail down a regular starting spot, but Zamparini has hit out at the former AC Milan coach for not utilising Dybala's talent correctly.

"If someone has to grow at Juve, it's the coach, not the Argentine," he told La giornalaccio rosa dello Sport.

"Allegri is like all Italian coaches, he thinks he can influence the game, but he doesn't understand that talented players must be let loose.

"I'm backing Dybala because I've never seen a player so strong at my Palermo. Within two or three years, he could become the new Messi.

"Juve have got a great deal with him."

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
130764 messaggi

xlf6gm.gif

Dybala leading Juventus' new-look
attack and living up to the hype

http://www.espnfc.co.uk/club/juventus/111/blog/post/2593087/juventus-transfer-news-summer-window-watch?

Sep 3, 2015

With the transfer window now closed, it's time to look at Juventus' deals and whether Max Allegri can be pleased with his summer business.

Ins

Paulo Dybala (Palermo, £23.6m); Alex Sandro (Porto, £19m); Mario Mandzukic (Atletico Madrid, £14m); Simone Zaza (Sassuolo, £13m); Hernanes (Inter, £8m); Sami Khedira (Real Madrid, free); Norberto Neto (Fiorentina, free); Juan Cuadrado (Chelsea, loan); Mario Lemina (Olympique Marseille, loan)

Outs

Arturo Vidal (Bayern Munich, £28m); Angelo Ogbonna (West Ham, £8.5m); Kingsley Coman (Bayern Munich, £5m, two-year loan); Carlos Tevez (Boca Juniors, £4.7m); Andrea Pirlo (New York City FC, free)

Window rating - 8/10

Juventus have seen three leaders depart, making it almost impossible to replace them, but the new signings on the whole have enough talent to fill the void.

Success story

Some feared the most expensive signing of the market, Paulo Dybala, would struggle to live up to the hype and his valuation. The Argentine, though, has proved effective in this early part of the season, scoring goals and injecting much-needed creativity and determination into a side that is struggling with injuries and the absence of their departed leaders.

He not only scored in the Supercoppa to help Juventus defeat Lazio 2-0 and lift the trophy, but he was also the man to score against Roma in their 2-1 defeat, sparking the attacking movement that saw his side nearly escape with a point.

A true world-class talent, Dybala may be young, but his intelligence and movement have greatly impressed. He also deserves recognition for how quickly he has settled into the squad, quickly understanding coach Massimiliano Allegri's tactical patterns of play and the style of those players around him.

Work in progress

Juventus made a lot of money last season, bringing in close to €100 million from their participation in the Champions League alone. With several stars departing -- Andrea Pirlo for free, Carlos Tevez for a pittance and Arturo Vidal for a substantial sum -- management has worked hard to ensure their departures would not affect the side too much.

The idea was to invest in youth. The Bianconeri want a side they can rely on for future years and hope that a possible transitional year now will eventually lead to a strong unit that can challenge at the highest level in Europe for many years to come. As such, there was a great emphasis on buying young players who perhaps aren't established enough to carry the team through in Europe but they are still expected to win the domestic challenge considering the lack of competition.

So far, they've managed two league defeats and questions are being asked of the team's mentality. When leaders depart, they take with them the experience and that cynical edge Juve have come to be known for in recent years. Currently, the squad looks like a collection of players with potential but are without any established stars who can rescue them as Allegri tries to find the right tactical balance.

The lack of creativity is the real problem. Pirlo not only provided guarantees but he inspired those around him, especially a certain Paul Pogba. Without him, the young Frenchman looks a little lost, while the squad seems a little void of ideas going forward. With Hernanes coming in from Inter, Juve hope they have somewhat resolved that problem. But their inability to bring in Julian Draxler or an even more highly rated talent in that trequartista role might well come back to hurt them.

From a defensive standpoint, Juventus already miss Vidal and his box-to-box ability. While fans hope Sami Khedira will return from injury and show his early form at Real Madrid, the worry is he will take too much time to find his rhythm again, leaving the back line vulnerable.

Winter watch

With the summer transfer window officially shut, management has to note which players they may have to potentially bring in this coming winter. The obvious worry is that Khedira may be incapable of producing the goods. If so, then one imagines Juventus will have to bring in another central midfielder to help provide the balance and contribute to both phases of the game. It's probable the club will continue to monitor Ilkay Gundogan. As for more creative options, if the club is still struggling to score, then the likes of Henrikh Mkhitaryan may well be looked upon considering his agent is Mino Raiola, a man who already has a relationship with the club.

In attack, it's clear Juventus miss Tevez. With a forward line largely made up of youngsters and Mario Mandzukic, who is more determination than talent, Beppe Marotta and co. may need to dip into their fund to bring in an established forward who can resolve the tough games and one capable of creating a goal out of nothing. Perhaps by January we will see Edinson Cavani linked again with the Old Lady or a forward who will struggle for playing time this season.

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
130764 messaggi

smrn9d.jpg

Dybala Best of Juventus Bunch in August

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2558435-ranking-juventus-best-5-players-in-august?

Sep 3, 2015

Juventus have endured the worst possible start to the new season, losing their opening two matches of the campaign for the first time since 1912. Defeats to Udinese and AS Roma should serve as a stark warning to a team that has won the Serie A title in each of the last four years, an indication that 2015/16 will not be easy.

The overhaul of the squad was forced upon the Bianconeri by Andrea Pirlo, Arturo Vidal and Carlos Tevez all deciding to leave, and the club worked quickly to secure a number of targets in order to replace them.

Yet a group containing so many new signings will undoubtedly take time to jell, and Massimiliano Allegri must shape them into a cohesive unit over the international break. Those two weeks will be vital, and that was a matter discussed at length in this previous column following the loss to AS Roma.

What follows is a look at Juve’s five best players in the month of August, a difficult task given the abject nature of their performances.

5. Mario Mandzukic

Mario Mandzukic has not played brilliantly in the opening three games of the season, yet given the struggles of Simone Padoin, Patrice Evra’s red card and the errors made by Stephan Lichtsteiner and Giorgio Chiellini, he is arguably the fifth-best performer thus far.

His goal against Lazio in the Supercoppa Italiana showed what he is capable of, and the Bianconeri will need him to replicate that moving forward.

4. Gigi Buffon

Having watched the aforementioned trio of veterans walk away this summer, Gigi Buffon is perhaps under even greater pressure as the leader of the team, and he has once again proved his worth with some impressive saves.

Indeed, despite the team’s ongoing issues, the club captain has been as consistent as ever and is fully aware the overall performances must improve, as he told La giornalaccio rosa dello Sport (h/t Football Italia):

You necessarily suffer the consequences when you sign many players who have a brilliant future but are still young. But we can and have to do more. We should have put up a better show.

Now what we need is a greater sense of responsibility by everyone, because losing the first two games of Serie A is something that does not belong to Juve's history. If we show great responsibility and attachment to our colours starting from Monday, then I won't be worried.

3. Leonardo Bonucci

Finding positives in defence for Juventus is a difficult task, but Leonardo Bonucci has continued his excellent form from last season into the new campaign. Playing in the middle of Allegri’s three-man defence, the 28-year-old has marshalled the back line as well as can be expected in difficult circumstances.

According to statistics from WhoScored.com, Bonucci has averaged an impressive 1.5 tackles, 3.5 interceptions and 3.0 clearances per game. He has also stepped forward to fill some of the creative void in midfield, providing the passing and playmaking the likes of Simone Padoin simply cannot deliver.

2. Roberto Pereyra

Like with fellow Argentinian Paulo Dybala, the attacking impetus provided Roberto Pereyra has been one of few bright spots for Juventus thus far, with his pace on the ball giving the Bianconeri a weapon the other midfielders simply do not possess.

The Argentinian star made an immediate impact off the bench against Roma, his run and pass creating the opening from which his compatriot netted what ultimately proved to be a mere consolation.

1. Paulo Dybala

While many players struggle with the weight of expectation following their first high-profile transfer, Paulo Dybala has yet to do so since joining Juventus from Palermo. With a price tag of €32 million, according to the club’s official website, the 21-year-old already has two goals to his name in just 144 minutes of action.

Netting against both Lazio in the Supercoppa Italiana and last time out against AS Roma, Dybala showed he is a player Max Allegri can depend on during the difficult matches, and the coach will hope his excellent displays continue.

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
130764 messaggi

swcy9l.png

Zamparini: ‘Juve should believe in Dybala’

http://www.football-italia.net/72736/zamp-%E2%80%98juve-should-believe-dybala%E2%80%99?

Sep 9, 2015

Palermo President Maurizio Zamparini tells Juventus to ‘believe’ in Paulo Dybala.

The Rosanero patron sold the forward to the Old Lady this summer, in a deal which could eventually be worth up to €40m, and says the forward has to play.

“Juve must believe in Dybala,” Zamparini told Tuttosport.

“Allegri must believe in him. When I saw that he started from the bench in the Supercoppa and the first League match against Udinese, my heart sank.

“I was amazed, and I wondered: ‘why did they buy him?’

“I sent a text to [Juventus general manager Giuseppe] Marotta and I said: ‘if you pair Dybala and Morata, you’ll get back to dominating’.

“Those two can destroy any defence, but it’s wrong to harness them with excessive tactical duties. If you do that, you lose 50 per cent of what they can do.

“For Paulo, I have only one piece of advice. He should find the right ruthlessness and desire, the way Javier Pastore has done at Paris Saint-Germain.”

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
130764 messaggi

swcy9l.png

Dybala: ‘Lots to improve’

http://www.football-italia.net/72802/dybala-%E2%80%98lots-improve%E2%80%99?

Sep 10, 2015

Juventus striker Paulo Dybala admits he has ‘a lot of things to improve’ about his game.

The 21-year-old joined the Bianconeri from Palermo this summer, in a deal which could eventually be worth €40m.

Today the forward spoke to the club’s official television channel, and was coy on the subject of his greatest qualities.

“It would be wrong for me to say my best attribute,” Dybala said in the interview.

“Maybe you should ask my Coach [Max Allegri] and teammates, as they see me every day. There are a lot of things to improve, such as protecting the ball, using my right foot more and the physical side.

“I think everyone can help me, the Coach, my teammates and the staff. So I think you should ask the Coach, or someone who sees me all the time.

“If I were to say, I’d say, I don’t know… striking the ball, or my left foot. I think someone who watches me every day would know better.”

Dybala also admits that the mindset is different in Turin compared to his time at Palermo.

“I think it’s a bit different, it’s a different level. At Palermo the objectives were different, we were aiming for other things.

“Here the mentality is to win every Sunday, and in every game. Now that the Champions League is about to get underway we have to try to do what Juve did last year.

“As I said before, you have to win every game here, and we always go onto the pitch looking to play on the front foot.

“It’s a different mentality, and different training, so I have to be prepared for that.”

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti