Vai al contenuto
Accedi per seguire   
Socrates

Sami Khedira

130732 messaggi

smrn9d.jpg

Breaking Down What Former Real Madrid Man
Sami Khedira Will Bring to Juventus

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2521128-breaking-down-what-former-real-madrid-man-sami-khedira-will-bring-to-juventus?

Jul 13, 2015

There is little doubt that this summer began superbly for Juventus supporters, with the signings of Paulo Dybala, Sami Khedira and Mario Mandzukic confirmed almost immediately following the team’s return from the Champions League final in Berlin.

Given that the Bianconeri had also sealed their first domestic double in 20 years, it came as something of a blow when the departure of two hugely important players was then subsequently reported. Losing Andrea Pirlo and Carlos Tevez is a major blow, a matter discussed in depth in this previous column and one which those new arrivals must strive to overcome.

Yet their exits should not take away from the sheer quality of the men signed to replace them, and there are many parallels between the paths Khedira and Pirlo took to Turin. Both tasted World Cup and Champions League glory, and each signed for Italian football’s grand Old Lady on a free transfer after being marginalised by their former clubs.

Though each interprets it in a vastly different manner, they play a similar role, and the presence of Khedira—if he can maintain his fitness—will allow Massimiliano Allegri to play a rather different and more up-tempo style of football should he so wish.

Pirlo too suffered with injury last term, and in his absence the Juventus coach opted to play Claudio Marchisio in the deep-lying central-midfield role with which the bearded genius is so synonymous. Clearly lacking the same vision, Marchisio instead applied his incredible tactical awareness, making the right pass almost every time, shielding the defence superbly and with remarkable consistency.

Allegri may opt to continue with that, but he could also opt to field Khedira in the middle and return Marchisio to a more advanced role. Freed from the need to drop deep to protect Pirlo—as he was increasingly forced to do over the past two seasons—would allow the Turin native to return to being the devastating attacking force he was previously.

When healthy and in-form, Khedira of course is able to do so much more and it will be up to the coaching staff to recognise when and how to use him, not just for his benefit but for the team overall.

While it may curb his own input to the attack, having the German international at the base of midfield would mean Allegri could field any combination of players ahead of him, safe in the knowledge that the 28-year-old is there to mop up any mistakes.

OptaPaolo ✔@OptaPaolo
165-Khedira made 165 tackles in La Liga, only X.Alonso made more among R. Madrid midfielders in this period.Official.

Fully capable of pushing forward himself, this would appear to be the best position for him in the current Juve squad, allowing Marchisio—as well as Paul Pogba, Arturo Vidal and Roberto Pereyra—to maximise their own contributions.

While Khedira cannot replace the creativity Pirlo brought to the side, he may also fulfil the Italian’s role as an experienced leader, something that cannot be quantified in statistics but is every inch as valuable as a perfectly timed assist or precisely delivered set piece.

“He's a leader – a silent leader, but one who knows how to carry his team through difficult moments,” Juve’s Leonardo Bonucci told the official UEFA website last year. “Outside of football, he's a great man and he's been one of the best central midfielders in the world in the history of football.”

Khedira too is held in the highest esteem, with none other than Franz Beckenbauer having publicly expressed his admiration for the player. "He has become a true leader at Real Madrid. Few players have that talent these days,” he told Spanish newspaper Marca.

"The fans demand that all players play like Messi, but there's only one Messi,” he continued. “Khedira is the kind of player who always sacrifices himself for the team, but players like him are a rare commodity these days.”

“It is my personal ambition to become a leader for this team,” Khedira told As (h/t Forza Italian Football), and if he can do that while returning to prominence on the pitch, Juventus could begin to dream of replicating last year’s success.

Condividi questo messaggio

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
130732 messaggi

swcy9l.png

Khedira 'so proud of Juve'

http://www.football-italia.net/69158/khedira-so-proud-juve?

Jul 13, 2015

Sami Khedira is “so proud to play” for Juventus that he started pre-season training ahead of schedule.

The former Real Madrid midfielder was at the camp in Vinovo today with fellow newcomers Simone Zaza and Paulo Dybala, even though they weren’t expected until July 20.

“I feel very happy. I’m very excited, I can’t wait to see all the teammates over the next two days and also to see the training centre. I’ll be happy to start with my new club Juventus.

“Juventus is a big honour. It’s a new step in my career and I’m so proud to play for this big club with a big history. I’d like to have big success with this club.

“I am happy to be a new part of this club, this big family. Over the next four years I hope to win all the championships, all the titles and together we are very strong.”

Kwadwo Asamoah and Martin Caceres were also training at Vinovo today.

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
130732 messaggi

6i70qd.jpg

Sami Khedira could make an
Andrea Pirlo-like impact at Juventus

http://www.blackwhitereadallover.com/2015/7/14/8936573/juventus-sami-khedira-andrea-pirlo-max-allegri-serie-a-transfers-redemption

Jul 14, 2015

Once again, Paulo Dybala showed some great close control to get past the onrushing Nigel de Jong, before placing a perfectly-weighted through ball to meet Sami Khedira’s run behind the defence and the German finished the action with an unstoppable shot that went in off the far post. With just six minutes left to play, the goal was all Juventus needed to seal the 2-1 victory at the San Siro, regaining the lead at the top of the Serie A table, two points ahead of Milan and four ahead of Roma, with three more games left in the current campaign.

Khedira, who stepped into the starting XI in the place of the suspended Paul Pogba, was named Man of the Match for an impeccable defensive performance, crowned with scoring the winning goal so late in the game. It was just one of the many other similar strong displays the former Real Madrid man put in throughout the season, helping Juventus move closer to a fifth consecutive Serie A title and also reaching the semifinals of the Champions League.

Quite the scenario, if it wasn’t for a tiny but not-to-be-neglected setback.

Last season, Khedira spent a total of 112 days on the sidelines with injuries — either thigh muscle strains or ankle injuries. If my maths were just a bit worse than they are now, I would say that represents exactly a third of a year. Not quite but, nonetheless, it still is a heck of a long time, considering the fact that his season started later than usually, as he played an important part in Germany’s successful World Cup campaign in the summer of 2014. All these troublesome periods, combined with other times when Carlo Ancelotti would just ignore Khedira and leave him out of the match day squad, resulted in the new bianconero man starting just four games for Real Madrid last season.

Prior to the World Cup, Khedira had also been away from the pitch for another six months with an MCL knee ligament injury. On the plus side, based on his performances during the tournament in Brazil, there was hardly any hint the German midfielder had spent more than half of his season at the gym, doing physiotherapy, instead of kicking the ball around on the pitch. The injury nightmare that followed after the World Cup and went on throughout the last season might have little to do with the serious knee injury sustained at the end of 2013, but it still is hard not to link them together.

Khedira’s injury-proneness started with that damned friendly against Italy at the San Siro — hence the stadium choice for the fantasy script — and the question is: will it continue for the next year?

Although every single juventino hopes the answer is "NO! YOU MENTAL!?" it is hard to predict. Khedira is only 28, so theoretically, his body should still have the required strength to fully overcome these problems. In addition, the German’s career prior to November 2013 hasn’t been marred by too many injuries, Khedira playing around 40 games in each of his seasons for Stuttgart and Real Madrid. And that is encouraging.

What is also needed to be kept into account is his psychological state. After suffering that knee injury in early 2014, it took Arturo Vidal almost a year to finally be playing football with the same intensity and of the same quality he used to — despite the fact he was physically 100 percent fit. There is little to stop Khedira from finding himself in a similar position with the one Vidal was in.

But that "little" is important and, in this case, it has to do with the change of environment. The new challenge that represents moving to Serie A, to a club that aims for the fifth consecutive league title, while also hoping to build on the recent appearance in the Champions League final, could be the catalyst Khedira needed. In some ways, it is not far away from Andrea Pirlo’s situation of 2011: 32 years of age, deemed surplus to requirements and shunned out of Milan’s squad, before joining Juventus and writing history.

After his recent difficulties, Khedira could manage a similar feat and become a key man in bianconero. Vidal and Pogba are expected to keep their places in the starting lineup and the Pirlo role should nicely be played by Claudio Marchisio, completing the line of three midfielders, but the German midfielder will be the top backup for any of those when the circumstances impose. All this, of course, if there will be somebody else than Vidal playing behind the strikers in Max Allegri’s preferred 4-3-1-2 system.

Regardless of the formation deployed by Allegri, giving his immense experience and proved quality, Khedira will no doubt be a major part of the upcoming season. If fully fit and with the right state of mind, he will have the power to influence Juvenuts’ game to an extent close to Pirlo’s level — just how big an impact, it remain to be seen. Truth is, Beppe Marotta might just have struck gold once again with the free transfer of Khedira.

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
130732 messaggi

6i70qd.jpg

Sami Khedira says he "wanted a fresh
challenge" by signing with Juventus

There's also more jersey number news for everybody to read about. Everybody loves when
there's more jersey number news! You just can't get enough of that jersey number news.

http://www.blackwhitereadallover.com/2015/7/15/8968449/juventus-sami-khedira-introductory-press-conference-shirt-number

Jul 15, 2015

Wearing an adidas jersey is far from a foreign concept to new Juventus midfielder Sami Khedira. He's been rocking them for years with the German national team. He wore all kinds of adidas gear during his five-year tenure with former European champions, Real Madrid. Outside of his fancy Nike boots, he's been had an adidas logo on his club and country's jersey ever since the summer of 2010.

It's not like that's going to change coming the beginning of the 2015-16 season.

Khedira, who arrived on a free transfer from Real Madrid, was formally presented as a Juventus player on Wednesday. Twenty-four hours after it was #DybalaDay, it was #KhediraDay across Juve's various platforms of social media, with the German international meeting the Italian press for the first time after the completion of his move from Real Madrid to Juventus earlier this summer.

And, you guessed it, he got his new adidas jersey, too.

Yep, it's Khedira holding another adidas jersey. HOW SHOCKING, RIGHT? But this one is a Juventus adidas jersey, with Kherdira sporting a new number to go along with his new team. Although, the new number isn't exactly "new" to the 28-year-old German. Wearing the No. 28 with Juventus is an homage to the number he wore with his first professional club, Stuttgart. (And no, it's not because of somebody else who used to wear the number at Juventus.)

Yes, it's the second straight day that a new Juventus signing goes with a number we weren't expecting him to go with. People thought Paulo Dybala would go with No. 7, he went with 21. My money was on Khedira to go with No. 16, he switched things up on us and went with the aforementioned 28.

But enough with all the number talk. Here's the real reason why Khedira was presented to the media on Wednesday afternoon — so the press could ask him important questions. You know, like why he chose to spurn offers from Germany and England and sign with Juventus instead.

JuventusFC ✔@juventusfcen
#Khedira: "I wanted a fresh challenge and Juventus gives me just that. They're on the same level as @realmadrid."

Ah, how refreshing. Khedira could have gone anywhere he so pleased, but it was Juventus were he felt like he could try and get back to being the player who so many teams wanted to sign before his injury troubles. New adventure, plenty of motivation. That sounds like a good combination to me.

Khedira acknowledged the fact that breaking into the starting lineup won't be an easy task. Unlike Dybala who will be joining a new-look strikeforce, Khedira is joining a midfield that is exactly the same outside of Andrea Pirlo heading off to New York. Claudio Marchisio is here with a new contract to boot, Paul Pogba hasn't left yet despite the fact he's heading to about five different teams based on the latest transfer rumors. And let us not forget about Arturo Vidal, who is off on a much-deserved vacation after winning Copa America. It's a stacked midfield.

So, basically, Khedira is simply adding to the strength of the team.

And like I've been saying ever since the Khedira deal became officially official, it's going to be quite interesting as to how Max Allegri uses his newest midfielder with so many other talented players already in bianconero. I guess that's something we won't have to wait all that long to figure out since the new season is quickly approaching. There's no doubting that there will be quite a few eyeballs on Khedira as he begins his new adventure at Juventus, that's for sure.

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
130732 messaggi

xlf6gm.gif

Sami Khedira signing at Juventus could be key - Massimiliano Allegri

http://www.espnfc.co.uk/juventus/story/2529691/sami-khedira-signing-at-juventus-could-be-be-key-allegri?

Jul 21, 2015

Juventus coach Massimiliano Allegri hopes Sami Khedira can lift the Serie A club to the next level as they look to be competitive in the Champions League once again next season.

Juve clinched a fourth straight Serie A title last season but fell at the final hurdle in Europe as they were beaten 3-1 by Barcelona in the Champions League final.

The Old Lady were league winners by 17 points but ahead of the 2015-16 campaign their rivals AC Milan and Inter Milan have both invested heavily in the transfer market this summer in a bid to cut the gap, while Lazio, Roma and Napoli hope to be in contention.

Allegri, though, feels the addition of Khedira could be essential, telling news conference: "He seems like a little kid on the first day of school.

"He's in great shape because he's been training over the summer and he's really enthusiastic -- it's contagious.

"Sami really wants to win back what he lost last season [when he did not play regularly for Real Madrid]. He's a huge, strong and charismatic signing for us. He's shown great professionalism. You know, in terms of experience we've got all we need. I'm really pleased with this project."

Allegri's squad has undergone an overhaul this summer, with Andrea Pirlo and Carlos Tevez already gone and Arturo Vidal set to follow, and with Khedira, Mario Mandzukic and Paulo Dybala arriving.

"In a way, we are right back at square one again," he said. "What we did up to June 6 is already history. Juve must not now drop out of the top eight in Europe again. We are not going to shed our role as favourites for the Scudetto either.

"Our rivals are all working well in the transfer market. Inter have strengthened a lot, Milan are making good moves and we've got to watch out because the Milan teams are the most dangerous in a title race compared to other sides who may not be as experienced at these levels.

"In general, I'm expecting a much more even and extremely difficult season. Roma already had a strong squad and they are right in the middle of their transfer dealings now.

"I'm also curious about Napoli as they are changing players and also their style of play. Yes, it's going to be a great season and I'm working on laying the foundations for another new cycle for Juve with at least another four years at the top, starting with the Supercoppa on Aug. 8.

"With this club and with these players, anything's possible."

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
130732 messaggi

xofhxd.jpg

Khedira returns to Juventus training

After missing a friendly against Borussia Dortmund through injury, the Germany
international rejoined his new team-mates, though Fernando Llorente remains out of action.

http://www.goal.com/en-za/news/4563/main/2015/07/28/13941232/-?

Jul 28, 2015

Sami Khedira has returned to training with Juventus after recovering from the adductor injury that kept him out of Saturday's friendly defeat to Borussia Dortmund.

The Germany midfielder is yet to make his debut for the Serie A champions after arriving from Real Madrid but will be looking to build his fitness ahead of Wednesday's clash with Lechia Gdansk.

Goalkeeper Rubinho also missed the weekend fixture with an adductor problem and took part in an individual training regime on Monday, but the news is not so good for Fernando Llorente and Andrea Barzagli.

Llorente is expected to be sidelined for 10 days with an ankle injury, while Barzagli could be out for up to three weeks with an adductor tear sustained against Dortmund.

Juventus discovered on Monday that they would begin the defence of their Serie A title against Udinese before heading to last season's runners-up Roma for matchweek two.

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
130732 messaggi

smrn9d.jpg

Sami Khedira Injury: Updates on
Juventus Star's Leg and Return

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2496327-sami-khedira-injury-updates-on-juventus-stars-leg-and-return?

Aug 1, 2015

Not long after his summer move from Real Madrid to Juventus, Sami Khedira picked up a leg injury against Olympique Marseille in a pre-season friendly just after halfway through the first half. He was stretchered off holding his hamstring, and Stefano Sturaro was subbed in following the injury, Juventus revealed.

"It’s a pity about Khedira's injury." Massimiliano Allegri said, via Juventus. "He was doing well and we’ve lost an important player for the Super Cup."

Italian media reports state Khedira will be out a month, ruling him out of the aforementioned Italian Supercup against Lazio and also the beginning of the Serie A season, via FIFA.com.

Unfortunately, the player's absence has become a regular occurrence over the years. Khedira is yet to complete an entire season without missing matches through injury, having picked up 20 injuries prior to his latest, as reported by Transfermarkt.com. It's a huge shame, too, because his combination of combativeness, grace on the ball and clever distribution could be huge for Juve's chances of success.

Khedira made just three starts and eight substitute appearances in La Liga last season, per WhoScored.com. One year before, he managed 12 starts and one performance from the bench. The 2009-10 season with Stuttgart was the last time Khedira made over 20 starts throughout a domestic campaign.

Juve boss Massimiliano Allegri will have known the risks involved when signing the player. Khedira will no doubt be anxious to establish himself in the side.

As ever, Khedira will now focus on regaining his fitness and form. It doesn't seem as if he will ever be completely injury free, as when he's gained momentum in the past, further problems have arrived. This stop-start battle with sharpness is what eventually led to him leaving Los Blancos without the fanfare a top-class player deserves.

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
130732 messaggi

6i70qd.jpg

Sami Khedira leaves Juventus' friendly against
Olympique Marseille with hamstring injury

http://www.blackwhitereadallover.com/2015/8/1/9084543/sami-khedira-injury-juventus-olympique-marseille-serie-a

Aug 1, 2015

It looks as though we have another injury to worry about, boys and girls.

Juventus midfielder Sami Khedira had to leave Saturday's friendly against Olympique Marseille after just 25 minutes thanks to a hamstring injury he picked up while sprinting back on defense. Khedira, who was signed on a free transfer from Real Madrid this summer, grabbed at his right hamstring moments after stretching out his leg trying to stop a pass from a Marseille player and subsequently falling to the ground in a heap of pain.

Khedira was visibly upset as he was loaded onto a stretched and carried off the field.

I'd be frustrated, too, if I were him. Or maybe it's more than that.

Khedira will certainly undergo tests in the next day or two to evaluate the severity of the injury. Speculating about injuries can drive you absolutely bonkers at times, but by the first impression of how Khedira reacted to it in the minutes after his hamstring went twang, his status for next weekend's Italian Super Cup against Lazio in Beijing is definitely up in the air. And if that's the case, he will join Andrea Barzagli and Giorgio Chiellini — both of which have picked up thigh injuries in the past week — on the injury list heading into the Supercoppa and the beginning of the 2015-16 Serie A season.

Of course, with Arturo Vidal now wearing the all-red Bayern Munich kit, Khedira's importance in the starting lineup is an obvious one. Could this injury open the door for somebody like Stefano Sturaro? That's who came on for him in the first half against Marseille, so it's possible. And if Max Allegri prefers to use Roberto Pereyra as a No. 10 right now, then Sturaro will certainly step into Khedira's place alongside Claudio Marchisio and Paul Pogba in the center of the midfield.

But I guess this is all speculation at this point. Once the actual medical tests happen and there's something posted on Juventus' website about it, we just have to sit around and wait. Hopefully Khedira's absence isn't all that much longer than the time it takes to hear about what happened to his hamstring.

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
130732 messaggi

xofhxd.jpg

Confirmed: Khedira out injured for two months

The Juventus midfielder picked up a thigh problem on Saturday and now
may not make his competitive debut for his new club until October.

http://www.goal.com/en-gb/news/3276/serie-a/2015/08/03/14122582/-?

Aug 4, 2015

Sami Khedira has been sidelined for two months with a thigh injury, Juventus have confirmed.

The midfielder has struggled with fitness and form for the last couple of seasons, culminating in him leaving Real Madrid for the Scudetto holders on a free transfer this summer after spending much of 2014-15 on the bench.

Khedira suffered the latest blow on Saturday when he was stretchered off in the first half of Juve's 2-0 defeat to Marseille, and Massimiliano Allegri had confirmed the he would at least miss the Supercoppa Italiana on August 8.

However, the Champions League runners-up have now confirmed the injury will see Khedira miss a lot more than just the clash between Juventus and Lazio this coming Saturday, ruling him out of the first seven Serie A matches of 2015-16.

"Sami Khedira will be sidelined for approximately two months after medical examinations revealed a second-grade myotendinous tear of the rectus femoris muscle in his right thigh," the Bianconeri said in a statement on their website on Monday.

"The German midfielder sustained the injury during Saturday's pre-season friendly against Olympique Marseille at the Stade Velodrome."

Reports in Italy have suggested Juventus could try to sign Barcelona's Javier Mascherano as cover in the defensive midfield department, in addition to their search for a new attacking midfielder.

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
130732 messaggi

34e7ujn.jpg

Former Juventus Director Laments
Midfielder’s Injury Woes

http://forzaitalianfootball.com/2015/08/former-juventus-director-laments-midfielders-injury-woes/?

Aug 4, 2015

Former Juventus director Alessio Secco was forced to rue midfielder Sami Khedira’s injury woes after the German midfielder was ruled out for two months.

The 28-year-old started the Bianconeri’s friendly loss at Marseille but was forced to leave the field after 25 minutes with the Bianconeri later confirming that a thigh injury would rule Khedira out for two months.

“Unfortunately these injuries are happening to repeat offenders, such as Khedira and [Andrea] Barzagli,” Secco told Sky Sport Italia.

“Khedira is a great champion, but unfortunately in his career he has had many injuries.”

Khedira’s Real Madrid career was often blighted by injuries, contributing to his paltry tally of 13 appearances made in the 2014-15 season before he was released by the Spanish outfit.

The Old Lady begin their Scudetto defence against Udinese on August 23 and hope to have midfield reinforcements in their squad ready by then, Barcelona defensive midfielder Javier Mascherano is one name touted as a potential arrival at Juventus Stadium.

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
130732 messaggi

34e7ujn.jpg

Khedira Thanks Fans For Support After Injury

http://forzaitalianfootball.com/2015/08/new-juventus-midfielder-thanks-fans-for-support-after-injury/?

Aug 12, 2015

New Juventus midfielder Sami Khedira has thanked Juventus fans for their support after a thigh injury.

Picking up the knock in his first Bianconeri appearance against Marseille in a friendly, the former Real Madrid man will be out of action until early October, creating further problems for the Scudetto holders who have sold Arturo Vidal and Andrea Pirlo during the off-season.

“On the road to recovery,” Khedira told reporters

“Thanks to Juventus fans for the great support and to Paul Pogba for making the number six shirt available for me.”

The defensive midfielder wore the number six shirt for Real Madrid during his five years in Spain, where he won La Liga and a Champions League winners medal.

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
130732 messaggi

swcy9l.png

Khedira back in September?

http://www.football-italia.net/71612/khedira-back-september?

Aug 26, 2015

Juventus midfielder Sami Khedira could reportedly be back by the end of September.

The German international picked up a hamstring injury in pre-season, and was expected to be out for two months.

However, Tuttosport is reporting that Khedira is recovering more quickly than expected, and could return for the Fiorentina match on September 23.

It’s good news for the Bianconeri, who are also without Claudio Marchisio in midfield, with Khedira set to return to training after the international break.

The World Cup winner joined the Old Lady on a free transfer from Real Madrid this summer, but has yet to make his competitive debut.

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
130732 messaggi

34e7ujn.jpg

Injured Khedira Focused On Return To Action

http://forzaitalianfootball.com/2015/09/injured-juventus-star-focused-on-return-to-action/?

Sep 4, 2015

Juventus midfielder Sami Khedira is determined to play for the team as soon as possible following his injury setback.

Khedira was injured during a pre season friendly against Marseille but the German international is hopeful of a quick recovery.

The German world cup winner took to Instagram to update fans on his progress.

Good being back with "Die Mannschaft" but I am having Juve on my mind!
The medical staff here is helping me superbly to get back on to the pitch as soon as possible!

Khedira joined Juventus on a free earlier this summer after his contract expired at Real Madrid.

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
130732 messaggi

swcy9l.png

Khedira: ‘Back soon for Juventus'

http://www.football-italia.net/73376/khedira-%E2%80%98back-soon-juventus?

Sep 23, 2015

Juventus midfielder Sami Khedira says he’ll return to training with his teammates “soon”.

The German international has not featured for the Bianconeri since tearing a thigh muscle in pre-season.

“Training completed,” Khedira posted on Instagram, along with a picture of himself at Vinovo.

“I’m back with the team soon.”

Khedira has yet to make his competitive debut for the Old Lady since joining on a free transfer from Real Madrid this summer.

The 28-year-old lifted the World Cup with his country last season, and has also won La Liga, the Copa del Rey and the Champions League.

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
130732 messaggi

xofhxd.jpg

Khedira returns to Juventus training

The Germany international is yet to make his debut for the Serie A champions having
missed the opening weeks of the season, but is nearing a full return to fitness.

http://www.goal.com/en-za/news/4563/main/2015/09/27/15775552/-?

Sep 27, 2015

Sami Khedira has stepped up his recovery from a thigh injury after making his return to Juventus training.

The Scudetto holders have endured a disappointing start to the new campaign, with Saturday's 2-1 defeat to Napoli leaving them languishing in 14th place in the Serie A standings.

A 2-1 win over Manchester City on matchday one of the Champions League provided a rare highlight, and they could have Khedira available for Wednesday's Group D meeting with Sevilla at Juventus Stadium having missed the last two months.

The midfielder picked up the injury during a pre-season friendly with Marseille on August 1 and is yet to make a competitive appearance for the Turin giants having joined from Real Madrid in the summer.

But Khedira returned to training on Sunday alongside team-mates that did not travel for the meeting with Napoli.

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
130732 messaggi

6i70qd.jpg

Juventus midfielder Sami Khedira returns to training

http://www.blackwhitereadallover.com/2015/9/28/9406179/juventus-midfielder-sami-khedira-returns-to-training

Sep 28, 2015

These days, good Juventus news is hard to come by. Every couple of days we see Juve play like crap again, then hear about another player getting injured in the process. It's a cycle that has gone on for pretty much the entire month of September. Rinse and repeat, rinse and repeat.

Yet after Juventus stumbled once again — I'm getting so tired of writing this — against Napoli on Saturday night, they received some good news on Sunday afternoon. From Juventus' official website:

Sami Khedira was back among the first-team squad as the Bianconeri began their build-up to Wednesday's Champions League fixture against Sevilla with a morning training session in Vinovo.

The German midfielder, who suffered a thigh injury during Juventus' friendly against Marseille on 1 August, made his return alongside those who didn't feature at the San Paolo last night, while the remainder of the squad underwent a warm-down.

See? Good news for once! You gotta take what you can get these days. And hearing that Khedira probably isn't too far off from making his official Juventus debut is something to be considered a positive development during a series of crappy happenings.

Khedira returning will obviously be something of note mainly because he's been expected to be one of the fundamental players in the midfield ever since he was signed this summer and then two-thirds of last season's starting midfield subsequently left. The interesting thing is now that Mario Lemina is playing so well to begin his Juve career and Claudio Marchisio is expected to return some time shortly after the international break, where is Khedira going to fit into the equation? Marchisio is going to play, Paul Pogba is going to play, Lemina is playing so well he's essentially forcing Max Allegri to keep him in the starting lineup.

Having plenty of depth is going nice and all and something Allegri definitely has not had at any point over the last month or so, but I'm sure Khedira didn't sign with Juve and have visions of being a part-time player this season.

Maybe, just maybe, we're getting close to Allegri actually having the chance to field his best XI soon. That'd be nice.

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
130732 messaggi

swcy9l.png

Khedira: ‘Juventus never give up’

http://www.football-italia.net/73586/khedira-%E2%80%98juventus-never-give-up%E2%80%99?

Sep 28, 2015

Sami Khedira says Juventus ‘never give up’ as he announces his return to fitness after an injury layoff.

The Germany international signed for the Old Lady in the summer, but is yet to make a competitive appearance following a thigh injury.

Today the midfielder announced his return on his Facebook page.

“I’m happy to return to the disposal of the team and to help my teammates, because we’re Juventus and we never give up,” he wrote.

“Until the end, Forza Juventus!”

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
130732 messaggi

xofhxd.jpg

Worth waiting for: Khedira
proves class on Juventus debut

The summer signing from Real Madrid showed the Bianconeri just what they have been
missing in a commanding performance in his first outing since recovering from injury.

http://www.goal.com/en-za/news/4563/main/2015/10/01/15904992/-?

Oct 1, 2015

Sami Khedira only returned to full training with Juventus at the weekend yet coach Massimiliano Allegri had no doubts about giving the summer signing his debut in Wednesday's crucial Champions League clash with Sevilla on Wednesday. "I don’t know how long he can play, but he will certainly feature."

In the end, he managed 75 minutes and during that time proved exactly what the Bianconeri have been missing this season - and just why director general Giuseppe Marotta had pulled out all the stops to persuade the Germany international to move to Turin after the expiration of his contract with Real Madrid.

Of course, as a free transfer, Khedira always looked like a risk worth taking - despite his poor injury record. However, the gamble looked to have backfired when the World Cup winner broke down in his very first outing for his new club, suffering a hamstring tear just 25 minutes into the pre-season clash with Marseille at the Stade Velodrome. The fear was that Juve had got themselves a dud.

It remains to be seen if Khedira's fitness issues are now behind him, but what is already beyond dispute is that the former Stuttgart man can become a key player for Juventus.

Juve have performed dreadfully in Serie A this season, accruing just five points from their opening six fixtures in what is their worst start to a league campaign since 1969 - yet they were utterly dominant against Europa League winners Sevilla, turning in their most complete display of the season so far.

They played with fluidity, had 21 shots on goal, restricting their opponents to just one and won every single 50-50 tackle (12/12). Khedira was absolutely key in every regard.

The stats support this point, with the 28-year-old winning back possession three times, as well as enjoying an 87 per cent pass completion rate (26/30). He was calm on the ball and used it intelligently throughout.

Defensively, he also brought solidity to a midfield that was completely overrun in last weekend's loss at Napoli. Indeed, he offered wonderful protection to Hernanes, allowing the Brazilian an armchair ride in what was the ex-Inter man's best performance in a black-and-white jersey date. Hernanes had been smothered at the San Paolo; here, Khedira allowed him to breathe.

While Juve can ill afford to get ahead of themselves in light of their dismal domestic form, it was hard to escape the impression that when Claudio Marchisio imminently recovers from his own injury issues, the Italian champions will once again have a midfield capable of competing with the very best that Europe has to offer. The loss of both Arturo Vidal and Andrea Pirlo continue to be keenly felt but Paul Pogba, Khedira and Marchisio have the potential to form a truly formidable trio.

Khedira will clearly have to be managed carefully, meaning Allegri has a big decision to make on Saturday as to whether to start the Stuttgart native against Bologna. Given their precarious position in Serie A, Juve need to win and, from what we saw against Sevilla, they also need Khedira. However, two games in four days could be asking too much of a player who has only just returned to action.

Still, the important thing is that Khedira is finally back. And thanks to the German, Juve could be too.

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
130732 messaggi

34e7ujn.jpg

Khedira Thanks Fans After Competitive Juventus Debut

http://forzaitalianfootball.com/2015/10/khedira-thanks-fans-after-competitive-juventus-debut/?

Oct 1, 2015

Juventus midfielder Sami Khedira has thanked the club and their fans for the faith they have shown in him.

The 28-year-old German international made his long awaited debut as the Serie A campions defeated Sevilla 2-0 at the Juventus Stadium in Turin on Wednesday night.

“It is an awesome feeling to be back on the pitch and to be part of such a great team,” Khedira said on his official Facebook page.

“A very special thanks to all the fans for your unbelievable support.

“This feels like coming home!”

Khedira made the move from Real Madrid to the Bianconeri on a free-transfer during the summer before suffering a thigh injury during a pre-season friendly against Marseille back in August.

The victory over Sevilla put Juventus at the top of their Champions League table, which is in stark contrast to their domestic woes, were they have managed only one victory after six league fixtures.

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
130732 messaggi

34e7ujn.jpg

Third-Time Lucky With Sami Khedira

Ever since the closure of the summer transfer window, the entries of the Juventus
Club Focus have debated what the future of the Bianconeri midfield holds.

http://forzaitalianfootball.com/2015/10/juventus-club-focus-third-time-lucky-with-sami-khedira/

Oct 7, 2015

Immediately after clubs were stopped from snapping up any new deals, Hernanes was mentioned as the saviour of the middle of the park. After a fairly positive debut, the Brazilian failed to replace the often-mentioned Andrea Pirlo well enough.

A few weeks later, it was Paul Pogba’s turn to be examined. The Frenchman’s performance against Genoa was second to none, playing a part in both the goals in scoring one and providing the assist for the other.

He too, though, was, for now, a one-match star. As they say, however, third time lucky, and Massimiliano Allegri’s team is just starting to properly come together after a few weeks of uncertainty.

Thank you Sami Khedira.

World Cup winner last year and Champions League winner with Real Madrid the season prior, the German international, who unfortunately picked up an injury before the campaign started leading to the perhaps panic buy of Hernanes, is the gel that the squad have been needing to bring everything together.

Pirlo was a master on the ball, there is no doubt about it. His absence inevitably left a dent in the framework of the most successful Italian club, and an extremely good reinforcement was needed to make sure that success continued and a historic fifth-straight Scudetto was achieved.

The aforementioned Hernanes and Pogba tried and failed, and even Simone Padoin had a go at one point, but none of them fit the bill.

A conductor is needed, and Khedira was that man, producing a beautiful melody with his faithful orchestra.

A strong metaphor maybe, but one that holds true.

Altruism is a key part of any successful midfield; a player who puts the team first ahead of his own achievements, and this selflessness is an invaluable characteristic for someone to possess.

Luckily for Juventus, Khedira has such personality.

Adapting with ease to the Italian style of play and Allegri’s 4-3-3 formation, the 28-year-old made crucial runs to aid his teammates’ movement, while also, although not strictly following altruistic traits, grabbing himself a Serie A debut goal. A suitable reward for his hard work.

Thankfully, since the last one of these Club Focuses for Juventus, there have been two games involving the Old Lady.

A tough fixture against Sevilla in the Champions League followed by a far-from-easy league game at home to Bologna given their recent domestic form, both of which had good performances from Khedira and both of which they won, meaning neither was a one-off.

Despite being just their second win so far this term, La Vecchia Signora appear to be back at their best, playing deadly football which can knock down the strongest of European sides, let alone the smaller clubs of Serie A.

The Derby d’Italia is waiting for them after the international break, but should they match their performances with the ones against Sevilla and Bologna, three points will surely come their way.

Constantly being overshadowed by the likes of Cristiano Ronaldo up front and Kaka in midfield during his tenure at Real Madrid, the transfer from Los Blancos to Italy will give Khedira more time in the spotlight, allowing him to flourish with his good football.

It’s not like Juventus have to worry about injuries with him too much either. He had just recovered from the knock he picked up in the summer before the Sevilla game on Wednesday, but played 76 minutes on the field with relative comfort, showing no clear signs of any aggrevation to the injury.

Already a fan favourite with the Juve faithful who applauded his efforts, the German’s career can come to a peak while in Turin.

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
130732 messaggi

smrn9d.jpg

Why Sami Khedira Is the Glue to Keep
Juventus Together and on Track to Glory

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2578548-why-sami-khedira-is-the-glue-to-keep-juventus-together-and-on-track-to-glory?

Oct 13, 2015

When Juventus signed Sami Khedira on a free transfer at the start of the summer transfer window, alarm bells went off among some fans.

Juve already had one of the—if not the—best midfield units in the world that featured the core group of Claudio Marchisio, Arturo Vidal, Andrea Pirlo and Paul Pogba and quality depth in Roberto Pereyra and Stefano Sturaro.

The Germany international—winner of league titles in two countries, a Champions League and a World Cup—was not the kind of player one signed to be a depth piece. Juve chief executive Giuseppe Marotta knew something the fans didn't.

The move proved to be prescient. The unexpected departures of Pirlo (to MLS) and Vidal (to Bayern Munich) quite suddenly took away the soul of the unit, and instantly made Khedira an integral part of the new-look midfield along with Marchisio and Pogba.

And now, after only two games in a Juventus shirt, the 28-year-old has shown that he might be the key player in the side.

When both Marchisio and Khedira missed significant time in the early months of the season, it was clear that the team wasn't equipped to respond. Sturaro, Simone Padoin and new arrivals Hernanes and Mario Lemina had their moments—particularly Lemina, who, at times, looks like a younger version of Vidal—but for the most part they looked out of sync. Constant lineup changes didn't help their ability to develop chemistry.

But the most notable—and most damaging—effect of their absence concerned Pogba.

Saddled with the overwhelming expectations of both his projected price tag and his new No. 10 shirt, Pogba, 22, overcompensated for the absence of the two veterans. He tried to do everything, almost as though if he could be spectacular enough, one goal might be worth two. He was pressing, and it was hurting the team.

One would think Hernanes, 30, might be the kind of veteran presence that could calm the young Frenchman, but his form varied as much as his position, from adequate to downright awful. Pogba pressed harder. The team suffered more.

Then came September 30, and Juve's big Champions League match at home against Sevilla. After stealing a surprise victory at Manchester City to start the group, a win over the two-time defending Europa League champions would give the Turin club a win against both of their main group rivals and put them in the driver's seat in a tough group.

The big news of the day: The return of Khedira from the leg injury he suffered in preseason. It may have been a watershed moment for the Bianconeri's season.

Khedira's presence instantly brought stability to the midfield. He made his presence felt with a perfectly timed sliding challenge in his own penalty area to snuff out a well-worked free-kick sequence.

WhoScored tracked his pass-completion percentage at only 76.5, but he made three key passes and his positioning in midfield was so good that he rarely had to make a tackle in his 75 minutes on the field.

Even more important, though, was the effect he had on Pogba and Hernanes. Each had their best game of the season. Hernanes picked himself up after a thoroughly horrid game against Napoli and completed 85 percent of his passes.

Pogba simply looked better. His passes were sharper. His dribbling was more controlled, allowing him to pull the quick, nifty moves he has always used to slip by defenders in the attacking third. He defended with poise and grace. Most importantly, his decision-making was vastly better, foregoing the Hollywood ball to make the smart play.

The poise Khedira brought to the team carried over to the weekend. Bologna took a shock lead after five minutes, but rather than succumb to panic as they had done in similar situations against teams they should beat, they remained calm and quickly bossed the game.

An equalizer came after half an hour when Khedira supplied Alvaro Morata with a cross, and the Spaniard returned the favor to his old Real Madrid teammate in the second half when he dropped in a cross for the German to head home.

Khedira's mere presence has seen Juventus turn in their two best performances of the season. Even though his playing time at Real had steadily decreased over the last few years—due to both competition and injury—he slotted into the lineup almost seamlessly and brought a calming effect to a team that seemed to be totally out of sync.

That type of leadership is vital to any winning team, and Khedira has brought it in spades. When combined with Marchisio—who returned to training on Thursday and is on track to return this weekend against Inter—the Juventus midfield could begin approaching the status they had in the heyday of the MVP midfield under Antonio Conte.

Juventus may be 10 points back at this point in the season, but the season is still young and they have a lot of games against teams above them yet to play. They play the majority of their big games in the return leg of the season on the road.

While no one is talking about the Scudetto at this point in the season, it certainly cannot be ruled out.

Even if league glory finally eludes them, there is the Champions League to consider. Juventus reached the final last season and have eschewed their usual slow start in the group stage, instead notching consecutive wins against their biggest competition. If things go right, they could wrap up the top spot in the group with a game or two to spare—which would allow them to refocus on climbing up Serie A before the winter break.

Khedira's experience would be even more important as Juventus gets deeper into European competition. Real Madrid has reached the semifinals in each of the last five seasons, and Khedira has been there for all of them, including their victory over Atletico Madrid two years ago.

For a team with big ambitions in Europe, that experience is worth its weight in gold. The only outfield player with such extensive experience of deep European competition Juve had last year was Pirlo. Replacing that isn't easy, but Marotta has found a man who can do that.

With Khedira seemingly settled into the midfield and Marchisio returning shortly, Juventus can again field an incredibly talented midfield that will take the pressure off Pogba and make the younger midfielders behind them better.

Given the effect the Khedira has already had on the team, it's no stretch to say that he will be a key player as Juventus quests for more silverware this season.

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
130732 messaggi

xofhxd.jpg

Khedira: Juventus must prove quality against Inter

The summer arrival is impressed with the talent the Italian champions possess,
and is convinced his team have what it takes to beat Inter this Sunday.

http://www.goal.com/en-gb/news/3276/serie-a/2015/10/15/16362922/-?

Oct 15, 2015

Sami Khedira is confident a Juventus side brimming with "excellent players" can get a positive result in Sunday's Derby d'Italia against Inter if they play to their potential.

The Serie A champions have been struggling to find their best form this season and sit 12th in the table, whereas Inter find themselves in second spot after seven games.

Nevertheless, Khedira insisted Massimiliano Allegri's men have always had the quality to compete at the top, and must prove they are up for the challenge at San Siro.

"Inter have begun the season well, but Juventus are a top side with excellent players," Khedira told Sky Sport Italia.

"We've a strong midfield and possess considerable quality in all other areas. We're in very good shape, we're training well and we can’t wait to get out on the pitch.

"We're completely focused on Sunday. We know that it will be a difficult match, but we must take away a positive result and put in a great performance.

"We haven't started so well, but in a way the league has become even more thrilling for us now and we’re up for the challenge. Right now we're fully concentrated on the league, which is what matters at this moment in time.

"We're eager to return to the upper reaches of the table."

Khedira endured an injury-plagued start to his Juventus career but made an instant impact in his Serie A debut against Bologna, recording a goal and an assist in a 3-1 win.

The summer signing from Real Madrid is expected to be in contention for a place in the Bianconeri's starting XI once again this weekend.

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
130732 messaggi

swcy9l.png

Khedira has calf strain

http://www.football-italia.net/75193/khedira-has-calf-strain?

Nov 2, 2015

Juventus have confirmed that midfielder Sami Khedira suffered only a “mild strain” in the win over Torino.

The German international went off injured after just nine minutes of the Derby della Mole, prompting fears he had torn a calf muscle.

“Sami Khedira was subjected to diagnostic tests this morning,” a statement on the Bianconeri’s official website confirmed.

“The tests excluded a muscular tear, and showed a mild strain. Therefore, the player will not be available for the trip to Germany, and his condition will be monitored over the coming days.”

Khedira has not been included in the squad to face Borussia Monchengladbach, but could return for the trip to Empoli.

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
130732 messaggi

smrn9d.jpg

Sami Khedira Injury: Updates on
Juventus Midfielder's Calf and Return

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2585377-sami-khedira-injury-updates-on-juventus-midfielders-calf-and-return?

Nov 2, 2015

Juventus midfielder Sami Khedira has been ruled out of the Old Lady's Tuesday Champions League clash with Borussia Monchengladbach after picking up a calf injury against Torino.

Khedira Could Return for Empoli Clash

The full extent of the German's injury was reported on Monday after he was forced off the pitch just nine minutes into Saturday's 2-1 win, per Juventus' official website (h/t Football Italia).

"Sami Khedira was subjected to diagnostic tests this morning," the statement read. "The tests excluded a muscular tear, and showed a mild strain. Therefore, the player will not be available for the trip to Germany, and his condition will be monitored over the coming days."

Football Italia's report indicates Khedira could return for Juve's Sunday trip to Empoli in Serie A.

Manager Massimiliano Allegri will be eager to see the 28-year-old return as soon as possible, as he provides much-needed stability to the Juventus midfield and acts as a necessary partner for Paul Pogba.

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
130732 messaggi

swcy9l.png

Khedira: ‘Juventus a great club’

http://www.football-italia.net/75843/khedira-%E2%80%98juventus-great-club%E2%80%99?

Nov 16, 2015

Juventus midfielder Sami Khedira says football is “a religion” in Italy, and discusses the German national team.

The World Cup-winner joined the Bianconeri on a free transfer this summer after leaving Real Madrid, and discussed his life in Turin.

“In Italy they live for football, it’s a religion,” Khedira told Kicker in his homeland.

“I’m very happy to be at Juventus, Juventus is a great club and as soon as the chance [to come here] presented itself I couldn’t pass it up.”

Khedira has won 57 caps for Germany, and discussed the aims and ambitions for the national team.

“We’re preparing for the European Championships, and we can’t forget our value. We’re aware of our strengths, and we’ve shown that in the past.

“I don’t agree with some of those who chose to leave after the World Cup, we experienced players have to help the younger ones and the newcomers into the national team.

“We have to let them integrate calmly, so they feel at ease on and off the pitch.”

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti