Vai al contenuto
Accedi per seguire   
Socrates

Mario Mandžukić

130732 messaggi

swcy9l.png

Mandzukic: ‘Allegri faith in me’

http://www.football-italia.net/80965/mandzukic-%E2%80%98allegri-faith-me%E2%80%99?

Mar 8, 2016

Juventus striker Mario Mandzukic reveals Massimiliano Allegri ‘has given me a lot of support’ and says he was ‘an important factor’ in deciding to sign.

The Croatia international signed for the Bianconeri last summer and has scored six goals in 18 Serie A appearances since his arrival.

“Relationship with Allegri? The Coach has given me a lot of support and has shown faith in my potential,” he said to Croatian outlet Sportske Novosti.

“I knew he had insisted on my signing, and this is a very important factor for every player’s decision.

“With this faith he was close to me in the difficult moments and that means a lot to me.

“I already had great respect for these wonderful players before arriving here,”

“I already knew Barzagli from times together at Wolfsburg. The others I had met in matches between national teams and clubs.

“Buffon was my idol as a kid. I already knew half of the Juventus team very well before arriving and this definitely convinced me even more to accept the offer.

“I had a tough battle with Chiellini, but we always shook hands at the end of the match. It was a duel between real men, no pats on the back or crying.”

Condividi questo messaggio

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
130732 messaggi

swcy9l.png

Mandzukic: 'Team wins, I win'

http://www.football-italia.net/81173/mandzukic-team-wins-i-win?

Mar 12, 2016

Mario Mandzukic hit back at critics of his Juventus scoring rate. “As long as my TEAM is winning, I am winning as well.”

The Croatia international has scored nine goals in 26 competitive games since joining Juve from Atletico Madrid.

However, he is yet to find the net in 2016.

“Football is a collective game where TEAM wins, not individuals,” wrote Mandzukic on Twitter today.

“As long as my TEAM is winning, I am winning as well, and whoever scores – may it be a defender or a forward – it’s just as worthy for my TEAM.”

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
130732 messaggi

swcy9l.png

Mandzukic and Wszolek score

http://www.football-italia.net/81923/mandzukic-and-wszolek-score

Mar 28, 2016

Mario Mandzukic scored as Croatia drew 1-1 in Hungary, while Verona’s Pawel Wszolek bagged a brace for Poland.

The international friendlies continued today in the build-up to Euro 2016.

Juventus forward Mandzukic found the net in Croatia’s 1-1 draw away to Hungary and played for the entire 90 minutes.

Also taking part were Inter’s Ivan Perisic and Marcelo Brozovic, plus Sassuolo full-back Sime Vrsaljko.

Verona might be bottom of the Serie A table, but Wszolek looks ready for the European Championships after two goals for Poland.

They crushed Finland 5-0 in today’s friendly in Wroclaw.

Torino defender Kamil Glik started that game, while Fiorentina’s Jakub Blaszczykowski and Piotr Zielinski of Empoli came off the bench.

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
130732 messaggi

34e7ujn.jpg

Juventus Striker’s Future In The Balance
With Tottenham Interested

http://forzaitalianfootball.com/2016/04/juventus-strikers-future-in-the-balance-with-tottenham-interested/?

Apr 13, 2016

Tottenham Hotspur could yet succeed in their pursuit of Juventus striker Mario Mandzukic, with a big summer ahead.

Croatian hitman Mandzukic is viewed by Spurs as an ideal candidate to partner Harry Kane in north London, and although the Bianconeri are non committal currently they could still be given the green light before next season.

Much depends on the future of Mandzukic’s fellow forward Alvaro Morata, report Tuttosport.

Morata is strongly linked to former club Real Madrid who hold a buy-back clause within his contract, as they ponder over the possibility of using him as bait to land Pierre-Emerick Aubameyang.

Should Morata leave Turin in the summer, then Mandzukic will need to stay as the club’s principal striker.

However, should the Spaniard depart then 29-year-old Mandzukic may be free to leave in search of a new challenge.

Kane is the only Tottenham player to reach double figures in the league this season, notching 22 goals to date.

Although Mandzukic is still in single figures for Juventus this Serie A campaign, he is a proven goalscorer having been a regular on the scoresheet at Atletico Madrid and Bayern Munich previously.

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
130732 messaggi

swcy9l.png

Mandzukic: 'So happy at Juventus'

http://www.football-italia.net/84002/mandzukic-so-happy-juventus?

May 8, 2016

Mario Mandzukic assured he is “100 per cent staying at Juventus, as I’m really impressed how well the club is organised.”

The Croatia international spoke to Sportske Novosti in his homeland after winning the Scudetto.

“We haven’t celebrated properly, as the season is not yet complete and we need to stay focused. We’ll get the chance to have a party on May 14 against Sampdoria.

“The club is organising something at the Juventus Stadium and I think it’s going to be wonderful.

“I knew this was a big club with a fantastic tradition behind it, but unless you get to experience it for yourself, you can’t realise how perfectly the club is organised, the mentality and temperament, which are unique.

“I am really impressed with the organisation here and I have been at other big clubs. Especially during moments of crisis, the directors and staff really protected the squad.”

Mandzukic had some muscular problems this season, but has scored four goals in his last six Serie A games.

“I am very happy here and I feel extraordinary! I had bad luck with injuries, but now I feel great and that is why I’m happy.

“The start was not easy in Turin, as for the first time I had physical problems and was coming face to face with Italian football.

“On top of that we had 10 new players in the squad, so it took time to settle and solidify the team unit. The turning point came after the defeat to Sassuolo, as in the locker room we looked each other in the eye and confronted the issues.

“That’s when I realised this group had character and Juve were going to have a great campaign.”

Mandzukic was also full of praise for Coach Massimiliano Allegri.

“He helped me a great deal. He wanted me at Juve, he was close to me when I wasn’t well and always supported me. If Diego Simeone is a gladiator, then Allegri is a man of character and his results speak for him.

“I want to stay here, 100 per cent. I am happy at Juve and next season we can do even better. The important thing is to maintain the squad and introduce a couple of stars. That way we can fight to win the Champions League.”

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
130732 messaggi

swcy9l.png

Mandzukic: ‘At Juventus for Allegri’

http://www.football-italia.net/84227/mandzukic-%E2%80%98-juventus-allegri%E2%80%99?

May 12, 2016

Mario Mandzukic reveals he joined Juventus “above all because Max Allegri really wanted me”.

The Croatian joined the Bianconeri from Atletico Madrid last summer, and has scored 12 goals in all competitions so far this season.

“I came to Juventus above all because [Coach] Allegri really wanted me,” Mandzukic told Sky.

“That was one of the main reasons for my choice. At first we needed time to get to know each other. I was in a new team and I didn’t know Allegri well because I’d never worked with him before.

“After a little time we started to understand each other better and better, and now we understand each other perfectly.

“He’s a great guy, and that’s an important quality for me. I like to talk with him, and we joke a lot.

“He’s a great Coach too, he knows so much about football. We have a super relationship.”

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
130732 messaggi

smrn9d.jpg

Has Mario Mandzukic Lived Up
to His €19M Juventus Price Tag?

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2640989-has-mario-madzukic-lived-up-to-his-eur19-million-juventus-price-tag?

May 19, 2016

Juventus entered the 2015-16 season with a totally remade attack. Carlos Tevez had gone home to Argentina to finish his career at his boyhood club, Boca Juniors. Fernando Llorente, who had fallen behind Alvaro Morata in the pecking order up top and was looking for more playing time, returned to La Liga with Sevilla.

Now the season is drawing to an end, observers can begin to judge just how successful their replacements were. On Monday, Bleacher Report's Adam Digby ably explained why Paulo Dybala—the successor to Tevez—fully justified his €32 million transfer fee. But what about Llorente's replacement, Mario Mandzukic?

The Croatia international came to Juve from Atletico Madrid last summer and cost the team €19 million. Has he been worth it? The answer certainly isn't the unqualified yes that can be said of Dybala, but when you look at the totality of his work this year, you can see the 29-year-old has lived up to the money.

Mandzukic has scored goals everywhere he's been. In two seasons with Bayern Munich, he scored 39 times between the Bundesliga and UEFA Champions League. Last year, he had 17 combined goals in league and European play for Atletico Madrid.

If you simply glance at his statistics for this season, it looks as though the's declined. He scored only 10 times in the league and added only two in the Champions League and one in the Supercoppa Italiana. He didn't score in the league until late October and went through a 10-game stretch in all competitions without scoring at the turn of the year.

But the value of Mandzukic's season comes not in quantity but in quality. Among those 13 goals were some of the most important Juventus scored all season.

In August, he broke the deadlock against Lazio in the Supercoppa for his first goal in a Juventus shirt, ensuring the Bianconeri started the year off with silverware. His next goal, more than a month later, helped give the team a much-needed shot in the arm.

Trailing their Champions League opener at Manchester City 1-0, Mandzukic deftly directed a long pass from Paul Pogba past Joe Hart to even the score, setting the stage for Morata's incredible curling winner 11 minutes later.

His next strike equalized Juve's Serie A game against Empoli after the Azzurri had taken a surprise early lead. The Bianconeri ended up winning 3-1, consolidating the momentum gained from their last-second win over Torino the week before and embarking on the incredible run that brought them back from their horrific start to the season.

As the season wore on, he kicked into gear. Finally overcoming an early-season infection that kept him in pain for months, he closed the calendar year of 2015 with five goals and an assist in five games, earning WhoScored.com's man-of-the-match award twice.

Highlighting that span was a crunch game against Fiorentina. With Juventus looking to close the gap on the Viola and claw their way into the top four, Mandzukic's pure poacher's finish on a loose ball in the box broke a 1-1 tie in the 80th minute. Juve eventually won 3-1, moving up the table at a key moment in the season.

After suffering through that dry spell at the beginning of 2016, Mandzukic scored big goals in both of Juve's most difficult matches of the run-in, away games against AC Milan and Fiorentina.

Apart from his goals, Mandzukic's work rate also stood out. He tirelessly and selflessly got back to press opponents when Juve were defending. His work at the top of the formation was an unsung factor in Gianluigi Buffon's record-setting run of 974 minutes without conceding a goal.

Mandzukic may not have had the splashy numbers and highlight-reel moments of his strike partner, but his contribution has been vital. His statistics may not have been what you expect from someone who cost just shy of €20 million, but the totality of his performance went far beyond simple counting stats.

Mandzukic has proved himself worthy of both his transfer fee and the Juventus shirt, and the team will benefit from his presence as long as he's in Turin.

Has Mario Mandzukic justified his transfer fee?

Yes 85.2%

No 14.8%

Total votes: 743

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
130732 messaggi

smrn9d.jpg

Juventus no longer has 100 percent

representation at Euro 2016

Sad faces. Sad faces all around.

GettyImages-543015960.0.jpg

http://www.blackwhitereadallover.com/2016/6/26/12031594/stephan-lichtsteiner

-mario-mandzukic-croatia-portugal-switzerland-poland-euro-2016-results

Jun 26, 2016

A time where a Juventus player wasn't part of Euro 2016 was bound to happen. That's the reality we all knew was coming when the knockout round arrives. Teams, no matter how good or poorly they play, will be heading home for the summer with a loss.

Following the first three games of the Round of 16, we can say this:

Stephan Lichtsteiner and Switzerland — going home.

Mario Mandzukic and Croatia — also going home.

After seeing Juventus players' countries suffer just two losses in the entire group stage, Juventus players and their respective nations went 0 for 2 on the first day of the Round of 16. Both games went to extra time, one went to penalties (Switzerland-Poland), one looked like it was destined for penalties until a 117th-minute goal (Croatia-Portugal). It was about as tough of a way to go home as there is when the knockout round gets underway.

Juventus' representation is still in double digits — for now. Although, by this time Sunday that may no longer the case if France and Germany somehow tumble against teams they probably should beat.

Neither of the two games with Juventus players was very good. And I feel pretty safe in saying that the Croatia vs. Portugal game was about as dull and boring as you could get, with all of ONE shot on goal being recorded in 120-plus minutes being played. That obviously doesn't bode well for Mandzukic, who put forth his usual workrate but clearly showed that he wasn't 100 percent and couldn't get anything going in front of goal. His hard tumble to the ground after going up for a header against Pepe was a fitting end to a tough day at the office for Mandzukic, who didn't score a goal in three starts at the tournament.

Lichtsteiner, who captained Switzerland at Euro 2016, saw his squad bow out on penalties, thanks in large part to the standout performance from Poland backup goalkeeper ukasz Fabiański. Lichtsteiner, as we haven't seen much at all during his Juventus career, scored Switzerland's first penalty in the shootout to determine who got the first spot in the quarterfinals.

The good part of Croatia and Switzerland being eliminated at this stage of the game? Lichtsteiner and Mandzukic get a nice amount of rest before re-joining their Juventus teammates for preseason training. So if there's a positive to come out of two not-so-thrilling Euro matches, there you go.

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
130732 messaggi

smrn9d.jpg

Mario Mandzukic Will Be Juventus' Player to Watch in Pre-Season

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2651424-mario-mandzukic-will-be-juventus-player-to-watch-in-pre-season?

Jul 11, 2016

UEFA Euro 2016 came to a dramatic end on Sunday, with Portugal clinching a late 1-0 victory over host nation France despite captain and key man Cristiano Ronaldo leaving the game before half-time due to injury.

That surprising triumph drew the summer tournament to an end, with the focus now shifting back to domestic football. Juventus are among many clubs to have already started their pre-season training camp, last week seeing a large group of players report for duty at their Vinovoheadquarters.

“Enthusiasm is always important,” coach Massimiliano Allegri toldJuve's in-house channel JTV—per the club's official website—before going on to discuss the objectives for the 2016/17 campaign.

Allegri said: 

Winning the sixth Scudetto is our primary objective this season, as well as having a good Champions League campaign. And when I say a good Champions League campaign, I mean our objective needs to be to go as far as possible and win it. That said, we need to take it steady, work every day and lay the foundations for a great season between now and 31 August, when the campaign gets underway.

Allegri also revealed that the players who had been away on international duty would not return until August 1, “apart from [Mario]Mandzukic, Dani Alves and [Stephan] Lichtsteiner, who will be here from 26 July.”

That early start could prove hugely important to the first of that trio, with the Croatia international seemingly set for an even more prominent role following Alvaro Morata's return to Real Madrid.

As discussed in this previous post, the exit of the 23-year-old Spanish star leaves a major void in the Juventus attack, with the club now only having three recognised strikers available for first-team selection.

hi-res-a9de76069d5bae6d5c1acf5957d381ff_

MARCO BERTORELLO/Getty Images

With Paulo Dybala recording a staggering 22 goals and nine assists in his debut campaign for the Old Lady, it is almost certainly a question of who starts alongside him up front. That role became Mandzukic's with increasing regularity last term, something he must ensure continues when action resumes next month.

When he joined Juventus in July 2015, the striker told Sky Italia (h/tFootball Italia) that he chose the Bianconeri “above all because Allegri really wanted me,” before discussing his relationship with the coach in further detail.

.@MarioMandzukic9 is all smiles at the start of his adventure in black and white. #MandzukicDay

“After a little time we started to understand each other better and better, and now we understand each other perfectly,” Mandzukiccontinued. “He’s a great guy, and that’s an important quality for me. I like to talk with him, and we joke a lot. He’s a great coach too, he knows so much about football. We have a super relationship.”

Watching him play for any period of time makes it easy to understand why Allegri has such an appreciation for the 30-year-old, his play a study in how to harass defenders and score important goals with equal aplomb.

But with Juventus having paid a fee of €19 million, according to the club’s official website, Mandzukic struggled to repay that investment with his performances on the pitch. He broke the deadlock in the club’s 2-0 Supercoppa Italiana triumph over Lazio in late August, before a fine goal against Manchester City in the Champions League showed a great understanding with Paul Pogba.

proxy.jpg?t=HBh1aHR0cHM6Ly92LmNkbi52aW5l

La magnifique passe décisive de Paul Pogba pour Mandzukic hier soir face à Manchester City...

That game in September was won 2-1 by the Bianconeri, with the Croatian’s goal helping his new side clinch three vital points. By the time Serie A took its traditional winter break, he had already scored six league goals while also netting in the return clash with City at JuventusStadium.

Yet that deadly touch in the opposition box would desert him after Christmas, Mandzukic failing to hit the target until an early April win over Empoli. That was quickly followed by strikes in key clashes withAC Milan, Lazio and Fiorentina to maintain their successful bid to retain the title.

qGIqb45s76ZCuNpo.jpg

Mandzukic's goal vs Fiorentina last night. 
Look at this beautiful play.
Symphonic.

In the latter of those three clashes, the striker was singled out for praise by Allegri, the coach telling Sky Italia (h/t Football Italia) just how important the man in the Juve No. 17 shirt was to his side’s success.

He said:

People maybe don’t realise, quite a few in fact, but Mandzukic is a very technically-gifted player. He rarely gets a pass wrong and gave a fantastic assist to Paul Pogba, as he did to Sami Khedira the other day.

Paulo Dybala catches the eye because he’s quick and agile, but watchMandzukic timing his runs and choosing his passes.

With the Scudetto secured, however, the striker would again endure a goalless streak, playing out the rest of the season without scoring, and he also failed to make much of an impression at Euro 2016.

Making three appearances for Croatia for a total of 268 minutes, he was unable to help the much-liked side progress beyond the last 16, eliminated 1-0 by winners Portugal at the Stade Bollaert-Delelis in Lens.

c3d5b8f4563f8cfa1290cea3dbdf08e4_origina

squawka.com
Mario Mandzukic Euro 2016

According to statistics provided by WhoScored.com, he averaged 2.7 shots per game yet failed to score a single goal. As can be seen in theSquawka graphic above, Mandzukic missed the target with three of his total of eight shots, seeing two of them blocked and three saved by opposition goalkeepers.

That sustained period of poor shooting form is something he must quickly bring to a close, with Juventus likely to need him firing immediately next term. Yet to replace Morata, the club will be counting on Mandzukic’s blossoming partnership with Dybala, who was another to sing the praises of his team-mate last season.

"We’re getting to understand each other better with every match and I’m starting to learn where he wants the ball and when,” Dybala told Sky Italia after Mandzukic set up his goal in a 2-0 win over Lazio in December (h/t the club’s official website).

“Mario’s physical attributes are crucial,” the young Argentina international continued. “He occupies defenders and drags them out of position for me to attack the spaces that are left behind.”

hi-res-f7c2cc8c595d577c7f1e2057186d9c75_

MARCO BERTORELLO/Getty Images

They clearly worked well together, but when he returns to training at the end of the month, Mandzukic will need to prove he still belongs in the starting XI. Juventus are widely expected to add another striker before the start of the season, with no shortage of potential targets being discussed by the media in Italy.

Calciomercato has linked them with a shock move for Inter Milancaptain Mauro Icardi, while the agent of Jackson Martinez told the same source that Juve “would be a fantastic option” (h/t Football Italia) as his client looks to leave China.

His 13 goals and five assists were a strong start to life in Turin and may help stave off competition for his place in the team, but there is little doubt that Mandzukic will be Juventus' player to watch as their pre-season preparations continue apace.

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
130732 messaggi

swcy9l.png

Agent: 'Higuain no problem for Mandzukic'

http://www.football-italia.net/87617/agent-higuain-no-problem-mandzukic?

Jul 19, 2016

Mario Mandzukic’s agent assures “his position at Juventus is not up for debate” and he’ll stay even if Gonzalo Higuain arrives.

The Croatian centre-forward impressed in his debut Serie A season, but talk of a bid for Napoli hitman Higuain raised some questions.

“Mario’s position at Juventus is not up for debate,” agent Ivan Cvjetkovic told Sportke Novosti in Croatia.

“Max Allegri appreciates his qualities and it’s only normal that Juventus look around after Alvaro Morata’s departure.

“The season will be a long one with over 50 games to play. That means there’ll be room for everyone. Even if Higuain arrives, it won’t be a problem for Mario. If anything, he’ll be even more motivated to do well.”

Juve are set to bring in another Croatia international later this week, Marko Pjaca from Dinamo Zagreb at €25m.

“The club has made a great investment on a player with a guaranteed future. He can play on the right or left.”

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
130732 messaggi

swcy9l.png

West Ham ask for Mandzukic

http://www.football-italia.net/88298/west-ham-ask-mandzukic

Jul 24, 2016

West Ham United have reportedly asked Juventus for Mario Mandzukic after the Bianconeri spent €90m on Gonzalo Higuain.

The club agreed to activate Higuain’s release clause from rivals Napoli and the deal should be made official tomorrow.

According to Croatian site Vecernji.hr, West Ham aim to take advantage by swooping for Mandzukic.

His playing time will likely be cut down now that Pipita is coming to Turin and he’d be reunited with ex-Croatia Coach Slaven Bilic.

Juventus will play West Ham United in a friendly in London next month, giving them the ideal opportunity to discuss terms.

It has already been reported today that Higuain’s arrival might not be linked to a potential Paul Pogba sale, so the move could be funded in other ways.

Simone Zaza was the one on the market, but turned down West Ham and Wolfsburg because he wants to stay in Serie A.

Keeping Zaza and selling 30-year-old Mandzukic instead could bring in fresh funds.

Juve only signed Mandzukic from Atletico Madrid a year ago for €19m.

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
130732 messaggi

smrn9d.jpg

Arsenal Transfer News: Mario Mandzukic

Interest Reported, Latest Gunners Rumours

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2654486-arsenal-transfer-news-

mario-mandzukic-interest-reported-latest-gunners-rumours?

Jul 28, 2016

Arsenal are reportedly preparing to try to "lure" MarioMandzukic from Juventus to the Emirates Stadium after the Croatian could've fallen down the pecking order at the Old Lady following their £75 million purchase of Gonzalo Higuain.

According to GazzettaWorld's Archie Vaughan Williams, Arsenal could snap up Mandzukic for €20 million (£16.9 million) if they could tempt him into forcing a move away from Juve.

Per Williams, West Ham United and Watford are also interested in the 30-year-old striker, but Juventus still want to keep him.

Indeed, football journalist David Amoyal believes it is unlikely Juve will be prepared to let Mandzukic go this summer, with Simone Zaza much more likely to move following Higuain's arrival:

@DavidAmoyal Say Gabigol arrives,Who is more likely to leave Zaza or Mandzukic?

@Pete_Wanyoike Zaza, I seriously doubt Mandzukic is leaving

However, it seems possible Mandzukic could agitate for a move away from the Serie A champions given he has likely dropped behindHiguain and Paulo Dybala in manager Massimiliano Allegri's plans.

Conversely, should he move to Arsenal, he could well become the No. 1 option up front given Olivier Giroud's frustratingly inconsistent performances.

Arsenal need a new striker, with Bleacher Report's SamTighe previously suggesting Alvaro Morata could provide the attributes lacking in the Gunners squad.

The north London outfit recently had a €35 million (£29.3 million) bidrejected for Olympique Lyonnais striker Alexandre Lacazette and would likely have to break the bank to sign the Frenchman, per French football writer Matt Spiro:

Wenger will have known €35m not nearly enough for Lacazette. Lyon tough negotiators, under no pressure to sell, will want at least €50m #AFC

Given Arsenal and manager Arsene Wenger are not prone to splashing big money, though, Mandzukic may be seen as a good alternative option given his relatively low value. 

Should Arsenal pursue the signing of Mandzukic?

• Yes

49.3%

• No

50.7%

He has proved an effective striker atJuve, Atletico Madrid and BayernMunich, although he is not a wildly prolific goalscorer, having never netted more than 18 times in a league campaign, per WhoScored.com.

Much of the criticism aimed at Giroud is he does not score enough—he has never returned more than 16 goals in a Premier League season—and addingMandzukic to the squad may not solve the Gunners' problem in front of the net.

However, if Arsenal are eager to sign him, they could tempt him into moving to the Emirates given he would likely be afforded more first-team football than he might get at Juve while still playing in the UEFAChampions League.

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
130732 messaggi

34e7ujn.jpg

Barcelona Interested In Juventus Forward

http://forzaitalianfootball.com/2016/08/barcelona-interested-in-juventus-forward/?

Aug 1, 2016

Spanish giants Barcelona are interested in signingJuventus striker Mario Mandzukic, who looks set to be replaced by Gonzalo Higuain.

The Croatian international is likely to be one of many strikers to be out of favour next season following the Bianconeri’s purchase of Napoli star Gonzalo Higuain.

As a result, he could seek a move away, and La Gazzetta dello Sport reports that a move to the Spanish La Liga is on the cards.

Blaugrana coach Luis Enrique is interested in the servives of Mandzukic and could choose him ahead of other possible targets the Spaniards may sign.

Mandzukic has scored 13 goals in 36 games since joining La Vecchia Signora from Atletico Madrid last summer.

He had won several German and Croatian league and cup titles before moving to Serie A, since when he has helped Juventus to a historic fifth-straight Scudetto.

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
130732 messaggi

xofhxd.jpg

RUMOURS: Chelsea target Mandzukic as Lukaku alternative

The Juventus striker has leapt to the front of the queue of candidates to boost

Antonio Conte's strikeforce, with the 30-year-old available at just €25 million.

http://www.goal.com/en-gb/news/11562/transfer-talk/2016/08/20/26719972/-?

Aug 20, 2016

Chelsea will attempt to prise Mario Mandzukic away from Juventus after they failed to lure Romelu Lukaku away from Everton, reports the Mirror.

Lukaku was one of the prime candidates to reinforce Antonio Conte's attacking ranks, but the Belgium star spurned a return to Stamford Bridge in order to stay put at the Toffees.

The Blues will therefore turn their attention to Juventus' Croatian striker Mandzukic as Conte desperately considers alternatives to boost his attack.

Mandzukic would be available at just €25 million - believed to be a third of what Everton demanded for Lukaku - after the 30-year-old slipped down the Bianconeri pecking order following Gonzalo Higuain's arrival.

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
130732 messaggi

swcy9l.png

Chelsea ask for Mandzukic

http://www.football-italia.net/90128/chelsea-ask-mandzukic?

Aug 21, 2016

Chelsea see Juventus striker Mario Mandzukic as an alternative to Romelu Lukaku, according to The Mirror.

The British newspaper tips Mandzukic as Antonio Conte’s next choice in line after Lukaku opted to remain at Everton.

It would be a surprise switch for the 30-year-old Croatia international, who only joined Juve a year ago following his €19m move from Atletico Madrid.

In theory, Juventus could release him, having just spent €90m on Gonzalo Higuain.

The Mirror states Chelsea are ready to offer £25m (€28.9m), which is more than the Bianconeri intend to pocket from much younger Simone Zaza.

Last season Mandzukic scored 13 goals in 36 competitive games for the Turin giants, also providing six assists.

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
130732 messaggi

smrn9d.jpg

Arsenal Transfer News: Alexis Sanchez in

Mario Mandzukic, Juventus Swap Rumours

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2664028-arsenal-transfer-

news-alexis-sanchez-in-mario-mandzukic-juventus-swap-rumours?

Sep 16, 2016

Juventus are reportedly ready to offer striker Mario Mandzukic to Arsenal as part of a swap deal in their attempts to bring former Udinese and Barcelona sensation Alexis Sanchez back to Italy's top flight next year. 

Italian outlet CalcioMercatoWeb reported (h/t James Cambridge of the Daily Express) the Turin giants are ready to offload the Croatia international if it means landing Sanchez in return.

hi-res-1b669491bc7c1b32036cf895e785f039_

Paolo Bruno/Getty Images
Mandzukic is reportedly surplus to requirements at Juventus.

As Cambridge noted, Arsenal are locked in contract negotiations with their attacking superstar, who is said to be seeking a "hefty" hike on his current £130,000-per-week salary.

Sanchez has become a critical part of manager Arsene Wenger's XI since arriving at the Emirates Stadium in 2014, and he stated his importance in Tuesday's 1-1 draw with Paris Saint-Germain in the UEFA Champions League:

proxy.jpg?t=HBhbaHR0cHM6Ly9kd28zY2trc3hs

Here's the moment @Alexis_Sanchez gave us a point in#PSGvAFC

Footage courtesy of @btsportfootball

However, talks over a new deal have been complicated following reports Sanchez wants to have a buyout clause inserted into his contract, per Cambridge, suggesting he sees himself leaving the club at some point.

That being said, the Chile international took to his official Instagram account after bagging against PSG with an apparent statement of his commitment to the Gunners cause:

Mandzukic has been a success for Juve since arriving at the club from Atletico Madrid in 2015, netting 13 goals in 39 games for the Bianconeri, but Gonzalo Higuain's arrival at the club in the summer has created fierce competition.

It looks likely the Argentina international could form a partnership alongside compatriot Paulo Dybala when fully fit, leaving Mandzukic as something of a fringe figure if that is to be the case.

hi-res-04378a7ca7dfd8ae2c9e1e2721827f33_

Catherine Ivill - AMA/Getty Images
Sanchez after netting against PSG on Tuesday.

Calciomercato.com reported in August that Juventus had said Mandzukic was "not for sale," but those parameters might change if the Serie A titleholders were able to lure Sanchez in exchange.

OptaPaolo recently pointed out just how important a player Mandzukic has been under manager Massimiliano Allegri in 2016, although Higuain's addition is likely to see such numbers diminish:

21 - Mario #Mandzukic has been in the Starting XI in all his last 21 Serie A games for Juventus (incl. #LazioJuventus). Adamant.

Cambridge added Wenger is an admirer of Mandzukic, 30, and that despite signing striker Lucas Perez from Deportivo La Coruna over the summer, more competition for Olivier Giroud may be required in north London.

The desire to sign another frontman may not outweigh the club's wishes to see Sanchez leave as a result, however, especially when the Juventus hitman offers so little in terms of sell-on value.

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
130732 messaggi

swcy9l.png

PSG want Mandzukic?

http://www.football-italia.net/92256/psg-want-mandzukic?

Sep 30, 2016

Reports in France suggest Paris Saint-Germain are interested in Juventus striker Mario Mandzukic.

The Croatian striker has made seven appearances in all competitions this season, but is so far yet to score for the Bianconeri.

Mandzukic is a favourite of Coach Max Allegri, but the club’s record signing Gonzalo Higuain already has five goals in seven appearances.

Today, L’Équipe is reporting that PSG see the 30-year-old as a good complement to Edinson Cavani, and are keen to bring him to Parc Des Princes.

Tuttomercatoweb speculates that the Old Lady could use this opportunity to re-open talks for Blaise Matuidi, after a summer move collapsed.

However, there are two glaring problems with the potential transfer, the first of which is that both Mandzukic and Matuidi have already played in the Champions League.

That would mean that neither player would be able to play for another club in the same competition.

In addition, Juventus saw Simone Zaza and Alvaro Morata leave this summer, so Mandzukic represents the only out-and-out striker who could deputise for Higuain.

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
130732 messaggi

swcy9l.png

Mandzukic seeks China move?

http://www.football-italia.net/92646/mandzukic-seeks-china-move

Oct 8, 2016

Mario Mandzukic bagged a hat-trick for Croatia and is pushing for more playing time, so could leave Juventus for China.

The striker was on sensational form while on international duty this week, but is still looking for his first club goal of the season.

Mediaset Premium and some sources in Croatia suggest Mandzukic is frustrated at the situation and is looking for a move in January.

Gonzalo Higuain is now finding his fitness levels after the €90m transfer from Napoli and is forming a strong partnership with Paulo Dybala.

China seems the most likely destination for Mandzukic, as Shandong Luneng – who already signed Graziano Pellè over the summer – and Shanghai Shenhua are interested.

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
130732 messaggi

xofhxd.jpg

RUMOURS: Tottenham and West Ham want Mandzukic

The Croatia international has slipped down the pecking order at Juventus, which

has reportedly alerted clubs from the Premier League to his potential availability.

http://www.goal.com/en/news/14222/transfer-talk/2016/11/10/29365172/-?

Nov 10, 2016

Tottenham and West Ham are among those ready to launch a January raid on Juventus for Mario Mandzukic, according to Calciomercato.

The Croatia international striker has slipped down the pecking order in Turin due to the presences of Gonzalo Higuain and Paulo Dybala.

Playing backup is not a role to which the prolific marksman is accustomed and not one which he intends to fill for long at 30 years of age.

That has opened the door to a potential move elsewhere, with Spurs and West Ham expected to be joined in the hunt for his services by reigning Ligue 1 champions Paris Saint-Germain.

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
130732 messaggi

bex2so.jpg

TRANSFER RUMOUR: ARSENAL, SPURS AND PSG SET TO

BATTLE IT OUT FOR JUVENTUS STRIKER MARIO MANDZUKIC

The Croatian striker is said to be unhappy after

falling down the pecking order at Juventus.

http://www.thehardtackle.com/news/2016/11/10/transfer-rumour-arsenal-

spurs-and-psg-set-to-battle-it-out-for-juventus-striker-mario-mandzukic/?

Nov 10, 2016

Italian outlet Calciomercato have reported Tottenham and West Ham are in the running for Juventus’ striker Mario Mandzukic. The website claims Mandzukic is not willing to accept a secondary role at the club, with the highly-rated Argentine Pablo Dybala and €90 million summer-signing Gonzalo Higuain ahead of the Croatian in the pecking order.

Calciomercato also suggest there’s no shortage of potential suitors for the former Bayern Munich hitman, with PSG boss Unai Emery also said to be a huge admirer of the player. Beyond Europe, Mandzukic also has big money offers from two Chinese clubs – Shanghai Shenhua and SIPG.

The report goes on to add Mario Mandzukic is open to a move in the upcoming winter transfer window itself, after he works out whether he still has a role with the Italian giants or not.

Dybala’s injury has meant Mandzukic been handed opportunities to play by the manager, but he knows the situation will change once Dybala is back fit; while Higuain remains an undisputed starter.

Italian newspaper Corriere dello Sport (h/t Bleacher Report) had also reported Arsenal boss Arsene Wenger inquired about Mandzukic’s availability in the summer and remains an interested party in the player if the situation at the club changes for the Croatian.

Mario Mandzukic is himself going through a rough patch at the moment, having scored only 2 goals in 13 appearances for Juventus this season, but his quality and talent cannot be questioned. The striker has established himself as a proven goal-scorer at all his previous clubs over the years.

Spurs are going through a barren run this season, thanks to Harry Kane’s injury and summer signing Vincent Janssen’s poor form. The North London team has only scored 9 goals in their last 10 matches, while West Ham’s summer signing Zaza has turned out to be a disaster.

PSG are looking to fill the void left by Zlatan Ibrahimovic and Arsenal remain interested, more so after considering Olivier Giroud’s situation a the club. One can expect a huge tug-of-war for Mario Mandzukic in January, if the striker decides to move on from Juventus.

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
130732 messaggi

swcy9l.png

West Ham want Mandzukic

http://www.football-italia.net/94726/west-ham-want-mandzukic?

Nov 23, 2016

West Ham boss Slaven Bilic is reportedly interested in bringing compatriot and Juventus striker Mario Mandzukic to the club.

According to the Sun, West Ham scouts watched the 30-year-old during Croatia’s friendy with Northern Ireland earlier this month.

The Hammers already have Juventus striker Simone Zaza on loan, but this move has not gone to plan, with the Italy international yet to score for the club. The East London outfit sit 17th in the Premier League table, having only scored 13 league goals this term.

Reports have already been circulating that Zaza will leave in January, prompting interest from the London club in Mandzukic. The Croatian scored a last minute goal against Sevilla in the Champions League on Tuesday evening, taking his tally to four in all competitions. 

The English newspaper reports that the Bianconeri would require a fee in the region of £18m for the player, who has two and a half years remaining on his contract.

The West Ham boss has already worked with Mandzukic during his six-year tenure as Coach of the Croatian national team.

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
130732 messaggi

xlf6gm.gif

Mario Mandzukic 'delighted' to win

despite substitution row - Pjanic

http://www.espnfc.co.uk/juventus/story/3017774/mario-mandzukic

-delighted-to-win-despite-substitution-row-miralem-pjanic

Dec 12, 2016

Juventus midfielder Miralem Pjanic says Mario Mandzukic was celebrating with the rest of the team in the dressing room after their derby win over Torino, despite not taking kindly to being substituted.

Mandzukic, 30, kicked a water bottle and punched a wall after being replaced with the teams tied at 1-1 in the Turin derby. Moments later, Gonzalo Higuain put the Bianconeri in front and they went on to win the game 3-1.

The Croatia international did not join his teammates celebrating in front of their fans at the Stadio Olimpico, although Pjanic says he was all smiles when they returned to the dressing room.

"He was delighted," Pjanic told Mediaset. "He was celebrating with us. He's always playing well and the substitution was just tactical."

Mario Mandzukic
Mario Mandzukic has scored four goals in 15 Serie A appearances so far this season.

Indeed, Juve coach Massimiliano Allegri said he didn't want to show Mandzukic's number once again, but he had to change something.

"I am paid to pick the team and to make changes and Mandzukic did not deserve to come off, but at that moment I needed some more quality," Allegri said at the post-match news conference. "Maybe next time it will be somebody else. It's fine that he was angry, but the important thing is that when we get back into training on Tuesday, everybody is focused on the objectives of Juventus.

"When you are in a big club, you have got to accept substitutions out of respect for your teammates and if you can't do that, then you don't belong to this group."

Mandzukic has started 12 of Juve's 16 Serie A games this season but has only finished five of them.

In midweek, he played the full 90 minutes against Dinamo Zagreb with Paulo Dybala, who replaced him on Sunday, joining both him and Gonzalo Higuain in a three-man attack, although Allegri decided against making the same change at the weekend.

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
130732 messaggi

swcy9l.png

Mandzukic hits back

http://www.football-italia.net/95579/mandzukic-hits-back

Dec 12, 2016

Mario Mandzukic has hit back over claims that he didn’t celebrate the victory in the Derby della Mole with Juventus teammates.

The Croatian admitted that he was disappointed to be substituted in the 3-1 victory over Torino but responded to earlier reports in Gazzetta dello Sport that his frustration continued after the event.

"For me, the team comes first," the striker wrote on his Instagram account. "As a player I always want to help my team to get a good result.

"Therefore I was disappointed to be substituted because I could not help my teammates on the pitch, while the scoreline was in the balance at 1-1.

"My good mood will not be ruined after another important victory by those who are trying to find something negative after a triumph."

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
130732 messaggi

swcy9l.png

Nedved backs ‘fighter’ Mandzukic

http://www.football-italia.net/95583/nedved-backs-‘fighter’-mandzukic

Dec 12, 2016

Pavel Nedved has leapt to the defence of Juventus striker Mario Mandzukic after derby controversy. “He’s one of the players that best represent Juve.”

Mandzukic was forced to deny reports that he refused to celebrate Juve’s 3-1 win against Torino in Sunday’s Derby della Mole after his substitution, but Nedved suggested both the player and club had moved on from the incident.

“We’ve reached the point where we can improve,” the Vice-President told Premium Sport.

“So far, we’ve been competitive in Italy at large and achieved impressive results.

“In January, important players will leave for the Africa Cup of Nations so maybe we’ll have to take action, but this question should be put to Marotta. Still, this Juve are already very strong.

“Mandzukic? I sent him a message, I must say that he was calm. He’s one of the players that best represent Juve. He’s always fighting, we’re happy to have him in white and black.”

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
130732 messaggi

swcy9l.png

West Ham want Mandzukic for Zaza

http://www.football-italia.net/95794/west-ham-want-mandzukic-zaza

Dec 17, 2016

West Ham United are sending Simone Zaza back to Juventus and would like Mario Mandzukic instead.

Zaza’s agent Vincenzo Morabito confirmed yesterday that “Zaza will definitely go back to Juve, because West Ham do not want to keep him.

“He could well stay in Turin, given that Juventus might need another striker.”

According to Tuttosport, the suggestion from West Ham would be to send Mandzukic to London in his place during the January transfer window.

Zaza made the move over the summer on loan for €5m with an option to buy for another €20m plus €3m bonuses that would become obligatory after 14 appearances.

The Italy international played in 11 games and was then sent to the stands, as the Premier League club wishes to avoid signing Zaza outright.

Mandzukic would arguably be more suited to the Premier League, as he is a very physical centre-forward with a truly remarkable work-rate.

However, the Croatia international is a fan favourite precisely because of this tracking back to help the defence, so it’s unlikely Juve would let him go, particularly mid-season.

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti