2dky5ig.jpg

swcy9l.png

JUVENTUS - UDINESE

5zk2vt.png- kbshhd.png

Sunday, August 23rd, 2015 - 6:00 PM
Juventus Stadium - Turin
Referee:‬ Paolo Silvio Mazzoleni

'Inter, Milan, Roma, Napoli for title'

http://www.football-italia.net/71422/inter-milan-roma-napoli-title?

Aug 22, 2015

Juventus face “a much more balanced” Serie A season with Inter, Milan, Roma and Napoli Scudetto challengers, said Max Allegri.

The Coach spoke at his Press conference this morning, as the 2015-16 campaign kicks off this weekend.

“The season begins, we have many games ahead of us. First of all 38 in Serie A, at least six in the Champions League and at the moment one in the Coppa Italia.

“For the title race I’d say Inter, Milan and Roma had a great transfer campaign, reinforced a great deal and I believe with Juventus are the favourites for the Scudetto.

“Let’s not forget Napoli, as the new Coach Maurizio Sarri has brought a lot of motivation. They maintained practically the entire squad, bringing in a few new buys.

“Fiorentina are also doing well. I believe it will be a much more balanced tournament than last year, so we must do well to keep our balance throughout. Take one step at a time and reach May 16 at the top.”

The other big clubs have particularly strengthened in attack with the likes of Edin Dzeko, Carlos Bacca, Stevan Jovetic, Mohamed Salah and Luiz Adriano.

“Football is made up of numbers and statistically you need to score 75-80 goals and concede 20-25. If you manage to get those two figures right, you will win the Scudetto.”

The former Milan boss was asked about his ‘second season syndrome’ – having won the Scudetto on his debut campaign for both the Rossoneri and Juve, will this next step be a let-down?

“I think every year is different. My second at Milan was certainly not a disaster, as we reached the Champions League quarter-final, won the Super Cup and fought with Juventus for the title.

“I am not remotely worried. In fact, I am very realistic over the fact I have a new squad and players capable of winning the Scudetto again. It’s normal that with new players it’ll take a little more time to gel and a bit more patience.

“This summer some players went, others arrived with different characteristics and we cannot think of simply replacing those who left. I must put my squad in the condition to give their best, whether that means playing 4-3-3-, 4-3-1-2 or 3-5-2.

“The system is irrelevant, as the important thing is for the team to command games. There’s always going to be a question mark over a new side and beating Lazio in the Super Cup gave us a boost of self-esteem.

“In modern football the substitutes are almost more important than the starting XI, so this season we certainly have more strength in depth.”

http://www.goal.com/en-gb/tables/serie-a/13?ICID=SP_TN_127

Condividi questo messaggio

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
130542 messaggi

2dky5ig.jpg

34e7ujn.jpg

JUVENTUS - UDINESE

5zk2vt.png- kbshhd.png

Juventus Stadium - Turin

Juventus Have To Beat Udinese, Claims Coach

http://forzaitalianfootball.com/2015/08/juventus-have-to-beat-udinese-claims-coach/?

Aug 22, 2015

Massimiliano Allegri is adamant Juventus have to beat Udinese in their first game of the Serie A season.

The Juve coach was speaking at his pre match press conference and Allegri also spoke about his recent transfer activity.

“Udinese are a difficult team but we have to beat them,” Allegri told reporters at his press conference.

“We have to start the season well.

“To win the league we have to score 75-80 goals and concede 20-25, football is sometimes a numbers game.

“A lot of the top teams have strengthened like Roma, Inter and AC Milan.

“We can not forget about Fiorentina or Napoli either.

“We are not a complete team, we are still missing something.

“We have brought in a lot of players so it might take time for us to get to our best.

“Carlos Tevez wanted to return home, Andrea Pirlo made a personal decision and Arturo Vidal received a huge offer from a big club.

“We only sell players if they want to leave.”

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
130542 messaggi

2dky5ig.jpg

34e7ujn.jpg

JUVENTUS - UDINESE

5zk2vt.png- kbshhd.png

Juventus Stadium - Turin

You Can't Just Defend At Juventus Says Udinese Coach

http://forzaitalianfootball.com/2015/08/you-cant-just-defend-at-juventus-says-udinese-coach/?

Aug 22, 2015

Stefano Colantuono believes a team cant just defend when they play Juventus.

The Udinese coach was speaking ahead of Udinese’s trip to the Juventus stadium in round one of the Serie A and Colantuono admits he does not know how Juve will play.

“You cant not play at Juventus and just defend because you won't win,” Colantuono told reporters at his pre match press conference ahead of the Juve game.

“I have read in the newspapers that Juve will play 3-5-2, but really I am not sure how they will line up.

“Their forward partnership of Mandzukic and Dybala is very good and we will have to defend well.

“It will be a huge ask for us to get a result but we have an opportunity to do something special.”

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
130542 messaggi

2dky5ig.jpg

2ecg1uu.jpg

JUVENTUS - UDINESE

5zk2vt.png- kbshhd.png

Juventus Stadium - Turin

JUVENTUS V UDINESE – SERIE A
MATCH PREVIEW AND SCOUTING

http://www.juvefc.com/juventus-v-udinese-serie-a-match-preview-and-scouting/?

udinese-940x705.jpg

Aug 22, 2015

Juventus

Serie A is finally back, a much appreciated break from the transfer market routine that will continue to intoxicate us for the next ten days. A particular extenuating window not only due to the never-ending trequartista saga, but especially because in the mid of July everything looked in place for a quiet August focusing on the actual matches. At that point, we just needed to put the final touches on the Draxler acquisition, but the impromptu sale of Arturo Vidal put us back to square one and shattered every hope of chilling till the start of the real games. The management has done a terrific job so far adding Paulo Dybala, Mario Mandzukic, Sami Khedira and Simone Zaza and I certainly did not expect them to pay €26M for a fullback, although a quality one like Alex Sandro. However, it is necessary to finish off the job with an attacking midfielder and maybe a central midfielder too: the squad could really use some creativity.

Juventus have had no trouble dispatching Udinese in recent years: Udinese last won in 2011 and then the Old Lady tallied six wins and two draws since, with only two Udinese goals in eight matches. Juventus steamrolled the opponents at the Stadium in the past season: 16 wins, three ties, 45 goal scored and 11 conceded. Solid numbers that indicate that Juventus should have a good start of their Serie A campaign.

However, there are some little problems regarding the lineup as the midfield, not our deepest department at this stage, has been hit by a number of injuries. The absences of Claudio Marchisio, Sami Khedira and Kwadwo Asamoah mean that Massimiliano Allegri will have to be creative and postpone the debut of his trademark diamond formation, opting for a 3-5-2 that would allow him to have more alternatives on the bench. The coach suggested that Paul Pogba could develop into a deep-lying playmaker and actually tried him in that position in Villar Perosa, but he admitted that it was just an experiment. I think that Stefano Sturaro has the poise, the presence of mind and the passing skills to play there, but on Sunday the choice in that delicate position will fall on Simone Padoin because of his experience, as Allegri confirmed in the pre-game press conference. That will leave Sturaro and Roberto Pereyra battling out for the final spot in the midfield.

Giorgio Chiellini is fully recovered from his thigh strain and is expected to play, anyway Martin Caceres and Daniele Rugani are reliable options if Allegri decides to be cautious. Mario Mandzukic suffered a knock to the knee in the midweek friendly: he did not sustain a significant injury, but he is questionable for this match, we will see if he will be part of the squad list. With Alvaro Morata still recovering from a calf strain, Fernando Llorente, who has not been sold yet for a reason, is the frontrunner to pair up with Paulo Dybala. Simone Zaza has struggled a bit during the pre-season and still need to climb the pecking order, while a Coman-Dybala duo does not make much sense. Coman has been tested as attacking midfielder: he has not been particularly impressive but it could an interesting move to add some zing during the game and I think he could eventually shine in that position if need be, in the event the management does not find the talented and reasonably priced no.10 they are looking for.

Probable lineup:

3-5-2: Buffon; Barzagli, Bonucci, Chiellini; Lichtsteiner, Sturaro, Padoin, Pogba, Evra; Dybala, Mandzukic.

Injuries:

Morata (calf), Khedira (thigh), Marchisio (thigh), Asamoah (knee), Mandzukic (knee)

Suspended:

None

Udinese

Udinese have been mostly quiet this summer, so far they have lost only Allan from their ideal XI in 2014/15, but they were pretty deep in the midfield and added the veteran Manuel Iturra to fill the void. I expect them to sell Silvan Widmer too: they brought back Edenilson whom they had loaned to Genoa so they have two above average players at the same position, which is a waste, and a couple of Serie A giants are looking for a right-back. Maybe Thomas Heurtaux will depart too, he could be a decent contingency plan if some top clubs fail to acquire their primary targets.

After a disappointing year with Andrea Stramaccioni at the helm, they have appointed Stefano Colatuono: a solid choice, but not very exciting. They have added Ali Adnan, which could end up being either a brilliant acquisition or a bust, and Marquinho, who could find a nice niche in their schemes. They are going to use 3-5-2 at least at the start of the season, we will see if they will switch to Colatuono’s pet 4-4-1-1 later on: they have the men to deploy it.

The jewel of their reinforcement campaign has been Duvan Zapata, who joined on a two-year loan from Napoli in the Allan deal. The Colombian striker had an insane goal-per-minute ratio, but of course the situation is much different now: Udinese are not as offensive-minded as Napoli was, but he has the tools (physicality, quickness, finishing skills) to establish himself as an excellent centre-forward. He is not in perfect physical condition yet, so Cyril Thereau should start on Sunday.

With Molla Wague sidelined by a suspension (watch out for him, he could have a big year), Heurtaux, Danilo and Ivan Piris should play in front of Orestis Karnezis. The nominal starter Guilherme is out with a thigh injury that is still being evaluated, Colatuono stated that he will choose between the newcomer Iturra, the veteran Giampiero Pinzi and Alexander Merkel to replace him. Probably Iturra has more experience as pivot in front of the defense. The midfield will be completed by Emmanuel Badu and either Bruno Fernandes or Panagiotis Kone, who will have the task to add some creativity.

In any case, we can expect a defense-first approach and quick counter-attacks to exploit Antonio Di Natale and the flank game, which should be very strong. They were blah on the road last season: four wins, six draws and nine losses, only 17 goal scored and 27 conceded. They hope that a charismatic coach like Stefano Colatuono will be able to right the ship after a year where they underachieved and were never able to find the most suitable tactical identity.

Probable lineup:

3-5-2: Karnezis; Heurtaux, Danilo, Piris; Edenilson, Badu, Iturra, Fernandes, Adnan; Thereau, Di Natale.

Injuries:

Guilherme (thigh).

Suspended:

Wague

Formation

33Udinese.jpg

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
130542 messaggi

2dky5ig.jpg

swcy9l.png

JUVENTUS - UDINESE

5zk2vt.png- kbshhd.png

Juventus Stadium - Turin

Colantuono will 'attack' Juve

http://www.football-italia.net/71433/colantuono-will-attack-juve?

Aug 22, 2015

Stefano Colantuono assured Udinese “won’t just defend” against reigning champions of Italy Juventus.

It kicks off on Sunday at 18.00 CET (16.00 GMT).

“I don’t know what to expect from Juve, even if reading the papers I get the feeling it might be a 3-5-2,” said the Coach in his Press conference.

“We prepared for either system. Tactics aside, this is a team that will be very aggressive and their attitude doesn’t change no matter the shape.

“If you go to Turin only to defend, you will certainly lose. If you play all-out attack without balance, you will lose. We have to find that middle ground and play without putting up barriers.

“Our aim is to play well and maintain our football philosophy against any team. I tell my players to face this challenge without fear, as in my career I have got results away to big clubs.

“Juventus have lost important players, but brought in replacements and are still seeking others to strengthen further. At club level they’ve got practically nothing wrong over the last few years.

“They still have this core of figures who drag the rest of the squad along with them and instil the Juventus mentality. They can be decisive even off the field.

“In attack Paulo Dybala brings creativity, while Mario Mandzukic is very strong in the air and helps his teammates.”

Udinese will be without Guilherme for this trip to Turin, as he has not recovered from a muscular injury, while Molla Wague is suspended.

“We still need tests to work out how bad the injury is. I cannot say who will replace him. Giampiero Pinzi and Manuel Iturra are options, but I do not forget Alexander Merkel. They all have different characteristics, so we’ll see who is chosen to start.

“Duvan Zapata hasn’t played regularly for a while, so we are working on fitness conditioning to increase the amount of minutes he can handle. As soon as he is fully in shape, he’ll be a candidate for a starting spot.”

Max Allegri already confirmed Simone Padoin will play in the Andrea Pirlo role in front of the defence.

“I have wonderful memories of Simone,” said former Atalanta boss Colantuono.

“He is very versatile and it’s no coincidence Juventus never wanted to be without him. He can cover many roles and I consider him to be one of those players who Coaches love. He is also unique in terms of boosting team morale.”

Udinese squad for Juventus: Karnezis, Meret, Perisan; Ali Adnan, Domizzi, Danilo, Edenilson, Heurtaux, Neuton, Pasquale, Piris, Widmer; Badu, Fernandes, Iturra, Kone, Merkel, Pinzi; Aguirre, Di Natale, Perica, Thereau, Duvan Zapata

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
130542 messaggi

2dky5ig.jpg

swcy9l.png

JUVENTUS - UDINESE

5zk2vt.png- kbshhd.png

Juventus Stadium - Turin

MATCH PREVIEW

http://www.football-italia.net/SerieA/match/preview/69825

Aug 22, 2015

Juventus begin their quest for a fifth consecutive title against Udinese on Sunday.

Not since Inter’s monopolisation of the Serie A between 2005 and 2010 has any team managed to win five consecutive Scudetti. With four already under their belt, Juventus will be looking to create history as their campaign begins on Saturday against Udinese.

Speaking ahead of their upcoming fixture, Bianconeri’s chief executive Guiseppe Marotta has warned rivals that the loss of several of the club’s key players will not hinder their bid for yet another league title.

Indeed, the Old Lady have sold the likes of Andrea Pirlo, Carlos Tevez and Arturo Vidal, but have made up for the aforementioned departures in spectacular style as they captured the likes of Sami Khedira, Paul Dybala and Mario Mandzukic.

Their Supercoppa Italiana triumph a fortnight ago should settle some nerves as they prepare to take on a Udinese outfit who are looking to improve following a disappointing 16th-placed finish last term.

The Zebrette have undergone a summer of changes which has seen Andrea Stramaccioni, who was ousted as coach back in, replaced by former Atalanta boss Stefano Colantuono not to mention their sale of Allan to Napoli this summer.

Colantuono, though, will be hoping to lead the club into a new era with a refreshing style of attacking football, with the evergreen Antonio Di Natale set to play a key part in leading the line this season.

Keep an eye on: Mario Mandzukic (Juventus): The nomadic striker enjoyed an impressive debut in the Supercoppa Italiana as he proved to be a constant threat against Lazio’s defence. Expect the Croatian to line-up up alongside Paulo Dybala as they look to dispatch what looks to be a mediocre Udinese outfit.

Form Guide

Last season: Udinese 0-0 Juventus

Stat fact:
Juventus have never lost the first game of the season in the league played at home: 40 games with 33 wins and seven draws.

Juventus (probable):
Buffon; Barzagli, Bonucci, Caceres; Lichtsteiner, Sturaro, Padoin, Pogba, Evra; Mandzukic, Dybala

Udinese (probable):
Karnezi; Heurtaux, Danilo, Piris; Edenilson, Badu, Guilherme, Fernandes, Adnan; Di Natale, Thereau

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
130542 messaggi

2dky5ig.jpg

swcy9l.png

JUVENTUS - UDINESE

5zk2vt.png- kbshhd.png

Juventus Stadium - Turin

Mandzukic ready for Udinese

http://www.football-italia.net/71445/mandzukic-ready-udinese?

Aug 22, 2015

Mario Mandzukic, Alex Sandro and Giorgio Chiellini are available for Juventus against Udinese.

It kicks off on Sunday at 18.00 CET (16.00 GMT).

There are still fitness doubts over Mandzukic, who went off during a midweek friendly after a knock to the thigh.

He is in the squad along with newcomer Alex Sandro, who had his first training session today after the transfer from Porto.

Chiellini has also shaken off a summer injury, but Alvaro Morata, Claudio Marchisio and Sami Khedira are sidelined.

Juventus squad for Udinese: Buffon, Isla, Chiellini, Caceres, Zaza, Pogba, Coman, Alex Sandro, Llorente, Barzagli, Mandzukic, Bonucci, Padoin, Dybala, Rugani, Neto, Lichtsteiner, Sturaro, Evra, Rubinho, Pereyra, Vitale

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
130542 messaggi

2dky5ig.jpg

6i70qd.jpg

JUVENTUS - UDINESE

5zk2vt.png- kbshhd.png

Juventus Stadium - Turin

Juventus vs. Udinese Preview: Round 1 —
And a new day begins

http://www.blackwhitereadallover.com/2015/8/22/9163089/juventus-udinese-2015-serie-a-round-1-preview-team-news-schedule

Aug 22, 2015

The build-up to the season opener is always a time that's brim with optimism. Things are new, some of your team's signings haven't flopped yet, the relegation zone isn't occupied by anybody. That's just how it goes for the teams — especially those that are expected to be in contention for one of Serie A's European spots. Your team can either fulfill said opening-week optimism and get three points right off the bat, or be like Roma and do a bunch of Roma things per usual.

I know that Serie A opened up on Saturday. It involved Roma, as the Chiesa Di Totti folks put it so brilliantly, going back and hitting their head against the wall again, which is always good for a couple of slaps on the knee. But, in all fairness, Sunday is the day we've been waiting for ever since that stupid Champions League final against stupid Barcelona ended with a stupid 3-1 loss on that stupid first Saturday in June.

As we've seen develop over the past two-plus months, this Juventus team isn't close to that of last season's squad in terms of how it's constructed. Legendary players like Andrea Pirlo, Arturo Vidal and Carlos Tévez have come and gone. The squad age has gone down, the amount of young players to build around for the present and future is way, way up. This is what Beppe Marotta and Fabio Paratici set out to do when the summer began, and that's exactly what they've achieved a few short months later.

All of this was in anticipation of this day and those 37 rounds of Serie A action that will follow this season.

Sunday's all-bianconero opener at Juventus Stadium will be the start of Juventus' quest to win five straight league titles. But as much as it would be a continuation of Juve's dominance in Serie A, this is a different Juventus team with different Juventus players. We haven't seen this kind of squad turnover at as many starting spots in quite some time. The starting strikers are new, one of the highest-rated up-and-coming fullbacks was just signed a few days ago and the potential of this team seems as plentiful as everybody else thinks.

That's what early-season optimism does. But unlike some other folks, we have every right to be.

Welcome back, Serie A. It's been an interesting couple of months, but you complete us once again. Even if we're amongst those people who bought a Paul Pogba jersey a week before he switched from No. 6 to No. 10. (I didn't.)

GOOD NEWS

JUVENTUS BACK! JUVENTUS BACK!

BAD NEWS

Injuries are stupid and therefore should be banned from the general vicinity of Juventus.

Giorgio Chiellini is back training after his thigh injury, but will likely start from the bench on Sunday.
Sami Khedira is still weeks away from making his return from a hamstring injury.
Álvaro Morata is out until after the international break with a calf injury.
And, most recently, Claudio Marchisio has been ruled out until after the international break with a thigh injury he picked up in training this past week.
So, let's see here ... that's two of Juventus' projected starting midfielders, a starting striker and a defensive stalwart who is also going to be start alongside Leonardo Bonucci. If you think the injury bug is something that's cute and cuddly and worth brining home to meet the parents, think again.

WHAT TO WATCH FOR

1. Which formation you going with, Max?

I should really start counting how many match previews in the past 12 months where we haven't talked about what formation Max Allegri is going to use. It doesn't really matter why it's a point of discussion — injury problems, the next day's opponent, the players available on any given match day — but it is and there's nothing we can do about it. Due to the lack of options in the center of the midfield right now, the Italian press is putting their proverbial money Allegri going with a 3-5-2 as Martin Cáceres would become the 'C' in Juve's famed BBC defense. Is that the right move? Based on who Allegri has available this week — and probably next against Roma as well — there's only so much he can do. And while we don't know what formation Allegri will settle on when everybody is available for selection, we know the 3-5-2 is as well known to the players as it gets.

2. Simone Padoin, the regista?

Not very often is Mr. Allegri incredibly direct during his pre-match press conference about where a player will be positioned in the game that will be played a day later. But when it comes to one Simone Padoin, Allegri was as direct as can be.

JuventusFC ✔@juventusfcen
.@OfficialAllegri: "Tomorrow, #Padoin will play in front of the defence. He's so versatile, he can play anywhere on the field"

Simone Padoin, come on down, because you're the man who will start the first Serie A game at regista in the post-Pirlo period. JUST LIKE WE ALL THOUGHT, RIGHT? We've seen Padoin as a holding midfielder before. Not a lot, but it's been done. And with the confidence Allegri has in everybody's favorite human victory cigar, it probably won't be the last. Padoin may be the punchline in a lot of jokes around here, but he's been relatively solid over his last couple of seasons. And if his role is to simply sit in front of the defense and let the playmakers do their thing, then that seems like a good call to me. Padoin won't be Pirlo, but who really can be?

3. Paul Pogba, the new No. 10 debuts in Turin.

It's one thing to have your new number debuted at the Supercoppa, but it's another to wear the Juventus No. 10 in front of the hometown faithful at Juventus Stadium on the opening day of the Serie A season. We all know by now how eager Pogba is to impress in his new jersey number, and it's not like we are going to disagree with him. His value to this team — injury crisis in the midfield or not — is as big as it has ever been. This is Pogba's season to truly establish himself as one of the best in the world, and he will be looked upon to create goals, score goals, and prevent goals. Basically, be the outstanding midfielder he has been during his Juventus career to date, and then maybe take it to another level. He's capable of it, that's for sure.

WhoScored.com ✔@WhoScored
Paul Pogba: No player has scored more goals from outside the box in the last 2 Serie A seasons than @paulpogba

4. Scouting the Udinese roster because...

...you know Beppe Marotta is about to acquire one of them on loan with an option to buy next summer. We've been down this road before, people.

My starting XI (3-5-2): Buffon; Barzagli, Bonucci, Cáceres; Lichtsteiner, Sturaro, Padoin, Pogba, Evra; Dybala, Mandzukic

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
130542 messaggi

2dky5ig.jpg

34e7ujn.jpg

JUVENTUS - UDINESE

5zk2vt.png- kbshhd.png

Juventus Stadium - Turin

Juventus Coach Selects Squad For Udinese Clash

http://forzaitalianfootball.com/2015/08/juventus-coach-selects-squad-for-udinese-clash/?

Aug 23, 2015

Juventus will begin the defence of their Scudetto on Sunday when they welcome Udinese to the Juventus stadium with a handful of fresh faces in their roster.

The Bianconeri welcomed the likes of Mario Mandzukic, Simone Zaza, Paulo Dybala, Sami Khedira, Daniele Rugani, and Alex Sandro to the club as they look to implement the new players and secure a strong start to their 2015-16 Serie A campaign.

Here is the complete 22-man list selected by head coach Massimiliano Allegri.

Goalkeepers: Buffon, Neto, Rubinho.

Defenders: Chiellini, Caceres, Alex Sandro, Barzagli, Bonucci, Rugani, Lichtsteiner, Evra.

Midfielders: Isla, Pogba, Padoin, Sturaro, Pereyra, Vitale.

Forwards: Zaza, Coman, Llorente, Mandzukic, Dybala.

Allegri will be confident heading into the fixture as Juventus have taken victories in over two-thirds of their previous meetings with the Zebrette.

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
130542 messaggi

2dky5ig.jpg

swcy9l.png

JUVENTUS - UDINESE

5zk2vt.png- kbshhd.png

Juventus Stadium - Turin

Serie A Previews: Super Sunday Night

http://www.football-italia.net/71459/serie-previews-super-sunday-night?

Aug 23, 2015

We’ve already had upsets, but today Juventus host Udinese, Milan visit Fiorentina, Inter face Atalanta, Carpi and Frosinone make history.

There are also full reports from Saturday’s games, as Roma were held 1-1 in Verona and Lazio beat Bologna 2-1.

The action continues today and Juventus host Udinese at 18.00 CET (16.00 GMT), aiming for a fifth consecutive Scudetto with Paulo Dybala, Mario Mandzukic and new owner of the Number 10 jersey Paul Pogba.

The remaining seven Serie A matches are all at 20.45 CET (18.45 GMT), including Sinisa Mihajlovic facing his past as Milan pay visit to Fiorentina, Inter take on Atalanta in a Lombardy Derby and Maurizio Sarri’s revamped Napoli go to Sassuolo.

Frosinone and Carpi make history with their first ever top flight games against Torino and Sampdoria respectively, while Palermo v Genoa promises fireworks.

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
130542 messaggi

2dky5ig.jpg

6i70qd.jpg

JUVENTUS - UDINESE

5zk2vt.png- kbshhd.png

Juventus Stadium - Turin

Juventus vs. Udinese: Projected Lineups

http://www.blackwhitereadallover.com/2015/8/23/9193193/juventus-vs-udinese-projected-lineups-serie-a-round-1

Aug 23, 2015

Max Allegri having to go with a certain formation or tactical setup because of a sudden mini-crisis when it comes to injuries isn't some newfound phenomena. It's happened plenty of times before, and usually ended up with Juventus doing what they've done a lot of over the last four years.

Yeah, win again.

That's exactly how Juventus want to begin the 2015-16 Serie A season. And, based on the graphic below, it's what they've done against Udinese a decent amount of the time since the two bianconeri-clad teams started playing against one another.

Our record after 82 @SerieA_TIM meetings with tonight's opponents. What's your score prediction for #JuveUdinese?

Allegri doesn't have many starting lineup-related decisions to make this evening when Juventus open the season against Udinese. Álvaro Morata is hurt, so in steps Paulo Dybala. Mario Mandzukic might not play if Allegri deems him unhealthy enough to start, so Fernando Llorente would step in. The lack of central midfielders — most notably Claudio Marchisio, who is out for the next couple of weeks with a thigh injury — means a 3-5-2 formation makes sense in Allegri's mind.

This is the easy stuff that a manager has to do. I guess the real decisions will be when everybody is healthy and available for selection. That's when Allegri will earn his money even more than he is now as he tries to make this new-look Juventus side into a cohesive and well-oiled machine that will destroy anything in its path over the next ninth months.

That is the objective, right? I sure hope so.

The new-look Juventus team will look (kinda) different against Udinese compared to what we expect it to be following the international break as the group-stage games in the Champions League beckon a few short weeks later. To go along with all of the injuries, Juve's new signee, Alex Sandro, will start from the bench Sunday. Not bad, but hey, they didn't just spend €26 million on him to sit around.

No matter what, though, the Serie A opener is here. Let us cherish this moment and celebrate it with three points in about 10 hours or so. That sounds like a grand idea.

Projected Lineups

Juventus XI (3-5-2): Gianluigi Buffon; Andrea Barzagli, Leonardo Bonucci, Martin Caceres; Stephan Lichtsteiner, Stefano Sturaro, Simone Padoin, Paul Pogba, Patrice Evra; Paulo Dybala, Mario Mandzukic

Udinese XI (3-5-2): Orestis Karnezis; Thomas Heurtaux; Danilo; Iván Piris; Edenílson, Emmanuel Agyemang-Badu, Manuel Iturra, Bruno Fernandes, Ali Adnan; Cyril Théréau, Antonio Di Natale

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
130542 messaggi

2dky5ig.jpg

bex2so.jpg

JUVENTUS - UDINESE

5zk2vt.png- kbshhd.png

Juventus Stadium - Turin

Juventus F.C. Vs Udinese Calcio – Team News,
Tactics, Line-Ups & Predictions

http://www.thehardtackle.com/2015/juventus-f-c-vs-udinese-calcio-team-news-tactics-line-ups-predictions/?

Aug 23, 2015

Italian Champions Juventus F.C. take on Udinese Calcio in their opening home game of the 2015-16 Serie A season. Looking to win their 5th Serie A title in a row, the Old Lady will be looking to start off their campaign on a winning note against an Udinese side that finished just above the relegation zone in 16th position last season. With the departure of stalwarts such as Andrea Pirlo, Carlos Tevez and Arturo Vidal from his squad, Juventus manager Massimiliano Allegri faces an uphill battle to retain the Italian Serie A title.

Team news & Tactical brief

Juventus

Juventus have been absolutely ravaged by injuries before the start of the new campaign, with several first team players ruled out of the opening match of the season. Midfielder Claudio Marchisio, who suffered a muscle injury in training a week ago, has been ruled out of action for 3 weeks. He will miss the Bianconeri’s opening two encounters against Udinese and A S Roma.

In another major blow to Juventus, striker Alvaro Morata tore his calf in training a fortnight ago which will keep him out of action for a month. He is expected to return to training after the International break.

The Old Lady’s injury crisis was further exacerbated by the injury suffered in pre season by new signing Sami Khedira. Khedira injured his thigh in a friendly against French club Marseille and is set to spend two months on the sidelines as a result of that.

Injuries have forced Allegri to abandon his favoured 4-3-1-2 formation and play a 3-5-2 instead, owing to a lack of personnel. Allegri is expected to field new signings Mario Mandzukic and Paulo Dybala up top, who both scored in the 2-0 Italian Supercup win against Lazio. Mario Mandzukic had an injury scare in mid week but is expected to recover in time to start against Udinese.

In some good news for the club, veteran defender Giorgio Chiellini is expected to recover in time from an injury which kept him out of action for a month and start against Udinese alongside Bonucci and Caceres.

Possible starting lineup (3-5-2): Gigi Buffon; Giorgio Chiellini, Leonardo Bonucci, Martin Caceres; Stephan Lichtsteiner, Stefano Sturaro, Paul Pogba, Roberto Pereyra, Patrice Evra; Mario Mandzukic, Paulo Dybala

abJDzTiaoq.png

Udinese

It has been a difficult summer for Udinese following the departure of manager Andrea Stramaccioni from the club. After finishing a disappointing 16th in the league last season, Udinese have gone for a complete overhaul of their squad.

Highly rated Colombian striker Duvan Zapata was signed on loan from Napoli in the summer and is expected to lead the line against Juventus alongside club legend Antonio Di Natale.

New signings Ali Adnan, Edenilson, Manuel Iturra and Ivan Piris are all expected to start against Juventus following their impressive showing in the Coppa Italia last week.

Highly rated Brazilian midfielder Marquinho, who was signed from AS Roma last week, is expected to feature on the bench for his new club.

Possible starting lineup (3-5-2): Orestis Karnezis; Thomas Heurtaux, Danilo, Ivan Piris;Edenlison, Emmanuel Agyemang-Badu, Guilherme, Bruno Fernandes, Ali Adnan Kadhim; Antonio Di Natale, Duvan Zapata.

Key Facts

Udinese and Juventus have met 40 times so far in Serie A: the Old Lady leads by 24 wins to 7.

The last time Udinese beat Juventus away from home in the Serie A was in January, 2011 when they won 2-1.

Juve have had the better of Udinese in their last 6 of their last 7 league games, keeping a clean sheet in four of those.

Players to watch out for

Mario Mandzukic (Juventus)

Croatian International Mario Mandzukic signed for Juventus on a four year deal worth €19 million from Club Atletico de Madrid. Mandzukic is a striker with European pedigree having scored a bucketful of goals in Germany and Spain. He is expected to lead the line for Juventus against Udinese alongside Paulo Dybala. Mandzukic is an excellent target man up top who can hold the ball well, is good with both feet and terrific in the air. Having being given the unenviable task of filling the shoes of former fan favourite Carlos Tevez, Mandzukic will be eager to get on the scoresheet and start his season with a bang.

Duvan Zapata (Udinese)

Colombian striker Duvan Zapata ended his disappointing stay in Naples when he signed up with the Udinese on a 2 year loan deal. Having scored a mere 11 goals in his 2 year spell at Napoli, Zapata will be looking to prove his detractors wrong when he lines up against Champions Juventus in the opening match of the 2015-16 Serie A season.

Predictions

Juventus 2 Udinese 0

Despite several new signings and mounting injuries, Juventus will coast through to register a comfortable win against an inexperienced and untested Udinese side.

Blast from the Past

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
130542 messaggi

2dky5ig.jpg

swcy9l.png

JUVENTUS - UDINESE

5zk2vt.png- kbshhd.png

Juventus Stadium - Turin

Line-ups: Juventus-Udinese

http://www.football-italia.net/71487/line-ups-juventus-udinese?

Aug 23, 2015

Juventus start Kingsley Coman and Mario Mandzukic with Paul Pogba against Antonio Di Natale’s Udinese.

It kicks off at 18.00 CET (16.00 GMT).

Max Allegri had the almost perfect campaign when taking over from Antonio Conte, winning the Scudetto and Coppa Italia while reaching the Champions League Final.

He’s already got more silverware this term, beating Lazio 2-0 for the Italian Super Cup in Shanghai earlier this month, so can he start the Serie A campaign on a high too?

There are injury problems that ruled out Alvaro Morata, Sami Khedira, Claudio Marchisio and Kwadwo Asamoah.

Mandzukic picked up a knock in a midweek friendly against the youth team, but is passed fit to start alongside promising young talent Coman.

The Frenchman is preferred to new signing Paulo Dybala again, as he was in the Italian Super Cup.

Pogba is the proud new owner of the Number 10 jersey, rebuffing reported €100m offers from Chelsea and Barcelona to become an icon in Turin.

Giorgio Chiellini has shaken off his muscular problem to start, but Simone Padoin surprisingly gets the Pirlo role in front of the defence.

Udinese as always rely on their legend Di Natale, who is aiming to become the first man in history to score at least 10 goals in 10 different Serie A campaigns.

He is supported by Cyril Thereau and Ali Adnan, the first ever Iraqi player in Serie A, but Molla Wague is suspended and Guilherme injured.

Juventus: Buffon, Barzagli, Bonucci, Chiellini, Lichtsteiner, Pereyra, Padoin, Pogba, Evra, Mandzukic, Coman

Juventus bench: Neto, Rubinho, Isla, Caceres, Rugani, Alex Sandro, Sturaro, Vitale, Dybala, Zaza, Llorente

Udinese: Karnezis; Heurtaux, Danilo, Piris; Edenilson, Badu, Iturra, Bruno Fernandes, Ali Adnan; Thereau, Di Natale

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
130542 messaggi

2dky5ig.jpg

xofhxd.jpg

JUVENTUS - UDINESE

5zk2vt.png 0 - 1 kbshhd.png

Cyril Théréau (78')

Juventus Stadium - Turin

Juventus 0-1 Udinese: Thereau
stuns wasteful champions

The home side spurned a number of chances, most notably through
Mario Mandzukic, before a late sucker-punch condemned them to defeat.

s3er7c.jpg

http://www.football-italia.net/71487/line-ups-juventus-udinese?

Aug 23, 2015

Juventus were made to pay for their profligacy in front of goal as Udinese snatched a late strike to seal a 1-0 win in Turin.

Thereau ghosted in at the back post with 12 minutes to play to fire Udinese to all three points in Stefano Colantuono's first league game at the helm.

After scoring 72 top-flight goals last season as they romped to a fourth successive title, Juve were uncharacteristically profligate on Sunday as they lost on home soil on the opening day for the first time.

Udinese had to ride their luck at times, with Orestis Karnezis' goal leading a charmed life as Mario Mandzukic and Roberto Pereyra went closest.

But it was at the other end that the breakthrough came as Thereau provided a close-range finish past an exposed Gianluigi Buffon.

Massimiliano Allegri used all three of his substitutions in the second half, but failed to get the desired response as Juve were stunned by a side that finished 16th last season.

Allegri's new-look Juve began life without Andrea Pirlo, Carlos Tevez and Arturo Vidal on the front foot, with Kingsley Coman particularly lively in attack alongside Mandzukic.

Midway through a half dominated by Juve, Pereyra was presented with the clearest opening after a mazy run from Coman, but the Argentine failed to get enough power in his shot to worry Karnezis.

Juve's failure to convert possession into goals nearly cost them on the half hour as Ali Adnan – the first Iraqi player in Serie A – jinked through two tackles on the edge of the penalty area, but his effort was the wrong side of Buffon's left-hand post.

Late pressure from the hosts saw Stephan Lichtsteiner sting the palms of Karnezis with a low drive from the right, before Mandzukic headed over a superb cross from the Swiss full-back.

Determined to get their campaign off to a positive start, Juve raised the tempo even further after the restart, but once again were let down by the quality of their finishing.

Mandzukic was unable to turn a diving header goalwards, Simone Padoin fluffed his lines 12 yards from goal after Coman's pass and Pereyra got the ball stuck under his feet five yards out in a frantic five minutes before the hour.

Thereau then stunned the Juventus Stadium with the game's only goal after 78 minutes, the unmarked Frenchman pouncing on a Panagiotis Kone cross to fire past Buffon.

Substitute Paulo Dybala led the charge on Udinese's goal in the closing minutes, but Juve's 47-game unbeaten streak at home in the league came to an end.

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
130542 messaggi

2dky5ig.jpg

34e7ujn.jpg

JUVENTUS - UDINESE

Cyril Théréau (78')

Juventus Stadium - Turin

Juventus 0-1 Udinese: Zebrette
Stun Scudetto Holders

347afiv.jpg

http://forzaitalianfootball.com/2015/08/juventus-0-1-udinese-zebrette-stun-scudetto-holders/?

Aug 23, 2015

Juventus kicked off their Serie A title defence with a 0-1 loss against Udinese at the Juventus Stadium.

A late Cyril Thereau goal gave the four-time Scudetto champions a rocky start to the defence of their league title.

Unsurprisingly, it was the Serie A champions that troubled first. A defensive mix-up allowed Kingsley Coman to dash into the box unhindered, but his slack shot didn’t trouble Orestis Karneziz.

Roberto Pereyra squandered the next opportunity against his former club, when he tried to guide the ball past Karneziz but to no avail.

Massimiliano Allegri’s side continued the second half in very much the same vein, but still struggled to unlock the Udinese defence. Mandzukic came close again with a back-post header, but against Karnezis beat it away.

Bruno Fernandes came to the rescue next when Mandzukic tried to pick out Pereyra in the box, but the Portuguese youngster sent the ball skyward to safety.

Simone Padoin looked to have finally broken the deadlock for Juventus, but against Karnezis got down quickly to deny the league champions.

Stefano Colantuono screamed at his players to remain compact and continue to frustrate the opposition.

Pogba came very close once again to crushing the Udinese resistance, but took one too many touches and Thomas Heurtaux slid in to deny him.

With ten minutes to go it was the moment Juventus’ fans had been dreading.

Panagiotis Kone picked out Cyril Thereau perfectly in the box, who shocked Gianluigi Buffon with a neat finish at the back post, silencing the Juventus Stadium.

The Bianconeri threw players forward in a last ditch attempt to stifle the opposition, but Colantuono and his men held on for a priceless three points.

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
130542 messaggi

2dky5ig.jpg

swcy9l.png

JUVENTUS - UDINESE

Cyril Théréau (78')

Juventus Stadium - Turin

Udinese shock Juventus!

Juventus lost their season opener 1-0 at home to Udinese
after a late Cyril Thereau strike in a huge shock.

160oqpu.jpg

http://www.football-italia.net/SerieA/match/69825

Aug 23, 2015

The Bianconeri began the hunt for an historic fifth consecutive title by hosting Stefano Colantuono’s Udinese. Injuries ruled out Alvaro Morata, Sami Khedira, Claudio Marchisio and Kwadwo Asamoah, but Mario Mandzukic was fit to start despite a knock midweek with Kingsley Coman preferred to Paulo Dybala. Simone Padoin took over the Andrea Pirlo role in front of defence. The Friulani missed Guilherme and suspended Molla Wague, but Ali Adnan became the first Iraqi player in Serie A.

Coman aimed a weak finish straight at Orestis Karnezis and Stephan Lichtsteiner’s strike was deflected just past the far post after a wonderful Mandzukic knock-down.

Karnezis also smothered from Roberto Pereyra after more good work from Coman, but it was one-way traffic with Udinese barely emerging from their own half. Ali Adnan did venture over at the 27th minute, hitting the side-netting after a splendid run down the left.

Lichtsteiner’s powerful shot was beaten away at the near post and Mandzukic nodded the Swiss wing-back’s cross over from an excellent scoring position.

Pogba swung a volley off target and Padoin’s cross-shot was fingertipped out from under the bar, but Udinese lost Emmanuel Agyeman Badu to a sprained ankle.

Mandzukic again knocked down a fine Coman chipped pass, but Bruno Fernandes got back brilliantly to stop Pereyra turning in from seven yards.

Coman again did very well to pull back from the by-line, but Padoin couldn’t get power to the finish straight at Karnezis. Mandzukic had another great opportunity set up for him by Coman, but Udinese flung bodies in front to block in the six-yard box and he scuffed it.

Pogba also tried to do one too many twists and turns in the penalty area, allowing Thomas Heurtaux to tackle him.

Just as Udinese seemed ready to capitulate after so many chances, they incredibly took the lead with their first shot on target. Panagiotis Kone swept a wonderful cross from the right and Thereau was left unmarked to volley in low at the back post.

It was almost 2-0 moments later, but Kone blasted over the bar after more disastrous defending. Juve were frazzled and hasty when trying to equalise, creating few genuine chances.

In fact, Gigi Buffon had to beat away a Silvan Widmer effort at the near post.

Juventus: Buffon; Barzagli, Bonucci, Chiellini; Lichtsteiner (Isla 81), Pereyra (Llorente 79), Padoin, Pogba, Evra; Mandzukic, Coman (Dybala 64)

Udinese: Karnezis; Heurtaux, Danilo, Piris; Edenilson, Badu (Kone 54), Iturra, Bruno Fernandes, Ali Adnan (Widmer 86); Thereau, Di Natale (Duvan Zapata 66)

Ref: Mazzoleni

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
130542 messaggi

2dky5ig.jpg

swcy9l.png

JUVENTUS - UDINESE

Cyril Théréau (78')

Juventus Stadium - Turin

Bonucci: 'Transitional year' :|

xf6sgk.jpg

http://www.football-italia.net/71498/bonucci-transitional-year?

Aug 23, 2015

Leonardo Bonucci said “this is a transitional year” for Juventus after their shock home defeat to Udinese.

The Bianconeri hadn’t lost their season opener since 2010 against Bari, but were stunned by a Cyril Thereau goal.

“Nobody likes to start with a defeat, especially as it came about with Udinese having their first shot on target after 78 minutes,” Bonucci told Sky Sport Italia.

“We always press forward and try not to get too hasty looking to score. Today we weren’t good enough in front of goal and it’s a shame.

“There is a very important game next week and we will try to show our real strength against Roma.

“Everyone needs patience, as it is a transitional year, but that doesn’t mean we’ve lost before we begin. There are many young players here and we have to put them in the best condition to do well.”

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
130542 messaggi

2dky5ig.jpg

xlf6gm.gif

JUVENTUS - UDINESE

Cyril Théréau (78')

Juventus Stadium - Turin

Juventus lose at home to Udinese
via Cyril Thereau winner

qpru68.jpg

http://www.espnfc.co.uk/italian-serie-a/match/432268/juventus-udinese/report?

Aug 23, 2015

Defending champions Juventus suffered a shock 1-0 home defeat to Udinese in their Serie A opener on Sunday.

Cyril Thereau scored the only goal of the game with what was Udinese's first shot on target in the 78th minute, and Juve could not respond.

It was Juve's first home league loss since January 2013 and only the sixth time in 48 games since that defeat that they have even dropped points in front of their own fans.

The result at the Juventus stadium failed to reflect the home side's dominance, though.

Last season's Champions League runners-up controlled possession and had five shots on goal but could not find a way past Udinese goalkeeper Orestis Karnezis.

Udinese, under new coach Stefano Colantuono, failed to test Juve stopper Gianluigi Buffon until Thereau beat the Italian veteran when the Frenchman was left unmarked to tap in Panagiotis Kone's cross.

Cyril Thereau celebrates after scoring what proved to be the winner.
New Juve signing Mario Mandzukic was handed his Serie A debut, playing alongside Kingsley Coman in attack from the start.

Juve had the first chance in the 20th minute, Roberto Pereyra's left-footed attempt from inside the area kept out by Karnezis.

Shortly after, Pereyra fed Stephan Lichtsteiner inside the box and his right-footed shot from 10 yards was also saved by Karnezis.

The home side continued to press forward and Mandzukic headed Lichsteiner's dangerous cross just over the bar in what was the last chance of the opening half.

Juve picked up where they left off after the re-start and in the 52nd minute, Paul Pogba was unable to find the target with a long-range effort.

Before the hour, Coman spotted Simone Padoin in the box but the Italian midfielder's powerful shot did not trouble Karnezis.

In the 65th minute, Juve coach Massimiliano Allegri brought in another of his new signings, Paulo Dybala, to replace Coman up front.

However, it was Manduzkic that had the best chance four minutes later but the Croatia forward's close-range header from Patrice Evra's cross went wide.

Then, against the run of play, Juve fell behind when the unmarked Thereau punished the hosts, and Udinese held on for the final 12 minutes to record a famous win.

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
130542 messaggi

2dky5ig.jpg

swcy9l.png

JUVENTUS - UDINESE

Cyril Théréau (78')

Juventus Stadium - Turin

Colantuono: 'Juve as expected'

2cr0rvp.jpg

http://www.football-italia.net/71499/colantuono-juve-expected?

Aug 23, 2015

Stefano Colantuono said Juventus “did what we expected them to do” after Udinese’s historic victory.

The Bianconeri had never lost their season opener on home turf.

“I had doubts we could do it until the final whistle! Juventus force you to suffer, but we prepared the game perfectly and were very organised.

“They did what we expected them to and we knew that when we’d have the chance to go forward, we had to hurt them. That’s exactly what we did.

“Juve always take a striker off the line, but we wanted to be very aggressive and it wasn’t easy against the likes of Kingsley Coman and then Paulo Dybala who tracked back to cause problems.

“Bruno Fernandes did a great job and worked so hard, at one point running back almost the entire length of the pitch to block a clear scoring opportunity.”

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
130542 messaggi

2dky5ig.jpg

swcy9l.png

JUVENTUS - UDINESE

Cyril Théréau (78')

Juventus Stadium - Turin

Allegri: 'Juve played well'

o7r3fs.jpg

http://www.football-italia.net/71501/allegri-juve-played-well?

Aug 23, 2015

Max Allegri insists Juventus “played well” but didn’t take their chances in a home defeat to Udinese.

The Bianconeri had never lost their season opener on home turf, but were beaten 1-0 by a late Cyril Thereau strike.

“We had started well, but then got a bit disorganised and hasty. We needed more quality in the final ball and the finishing,” the Coach told Sky Sport Italia.

“We were tired towards the end, as we’d played for 70 minutes with great intensity, and Udinese took advantage on the counter-attack.

“The result might make it look as if Juventus played badly, but instead we largely did well and Udinese are really tough to play against. They make it difficult for everyone.”

Kingsley Coman was a surprise starter instead of Paulo Dybala, but has still never scored a Serie A goal.

“He is a very young player and did some good things, but what he lacks at the moment is his finishing. In the first half especially he had some good moves, but we must not forget he needs time to grow like the other players who arrived this summer.”

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
130542 messaggi

2dky5ig.jpg

bex2so.jpg

JUVENTUS - UDINESE

Cyril Théréau (78')

Juventus Stadium - Turin

Udinese’s Cyril Thereau Scores As Holders
Juventus Slump To Shock Opening Day Defeat

New Udinese signing Cyril Thereau pounced late in the second half to secure a 1-0 win away
to Juventus and hand the champions their first ever opening-day defeat in Turin.

2ldft4m.jpg

http://www.thehardtackle.com/2015/udineses-cyril-thereau-scores-as-holders-juventus-slump-to-shock-opening-day-defeat/?

Aug 23, 2015

In 40 previous matches on the opening day of the Serie A season, Juventus had lost only once, a 1-0 reverse away to Bari in 2010.

Yet after dominating for long periods, Juve ultimately failed to convert their many chances and were stunned in the 78th minute when Thereau — signed in the off-season from Chievo — escaped his marker to slide the ball past Gianluigi Buffon at the keeper’s far post.

Udinese, Italy’s northern-most club based in the Friuli region, last beat Juventus in 2011.

A new-look Juve lined up for their first game of the season after the summer departures of Arturo Vidal (Bayern Munich), Andrea Pirlo (New York City FC) and Carlos Tevez (Boca Juniors).

Coach Massimiliano Allegri deployed a 3-5-2 and for most of the game Juve’s expectant fans were thrilled with the decision.
Juve dominated throughout and Udinese struggled to get out of their half but on the flip side the hosts struggled to break down the visitors’ stubborn defence.

Kingsley Coman started ahead of star signing Pauolo Dybala

Allegri left Pauolo Dybala on the bench as Kingsley Coman partnered Mario Mandzukic up front and it looked a wise decision as the pair mustered a handful of chances.

Early on Coman pounced on a loose ball after Mandzukic tumbled under a challenge but the Frenchman’s weak shot trickled into the hands of Orestis Karnezis.

Juve went closer on 19 minutes when Stephan Lichsteiner ran on to a header to fire a deflected shot just wide of the far post.

Roberto Pereyra then ran on to a loose ball following a challenge on Coman only to produce a weak shot that gave Karnezis no problems.

Lichsteiner, switched to the wingback position in Allegri’s 3-5-2, was finding plenty of space down the right and unleashed an angled drive that forced Karnezis to block.

The Swiss international then turned provider for Mandzukic, but the Croatian sent a looping header over the bar while under pressure in the box.

It was a one-sided but ultimately frustrating first half for the champions, but Allegri stuck with his gameplan for the start of the second half.

Minutes after Paul Pogba sent a speculative first-time volley inches wide, Mandzukic rose to connect in the box but his angled header met traffic.

Udinese’s forays forward were few, and proving risky. A Juve counter was launched by Coman but a Udinese boot came to the rescue after Mandzukic headed the Frenchman’s cross into Pereyra’s path yards from goal.

Karnezis was forced down moments later to block Simone Padoin’s low drive as Juve pinged the ball around the area unchallenged.

Cyril Thereau stunned Juventus 12 minutes from time

Dybala replaced Coman just after the hour, with former Napoli striker Duvan Zapata replacing Antonio Di Natale for Udinese minutes later, and had an almost immediate impact.

The diminutive Argentinian threaded a perfect ball through for Pogba, but after first rounding Thomas Heurtaux the defender did well to slide in and deny the Frenchman.

Juve were throwing everything at Udinese, Patrice Evra even firing a first-timer into the hands of Karnezis after Pogba’s lay-off on the edge of the area.

But the hosts were stunned 12 minutes form time when Thereau was left alone at the back post to slide a cross-field ball from Panagiotis Kone past Buffon.

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
130542 messaggi

2dky5ig.jpg

34e7ujn.jpg

JUVENTUS - UDINESE

Cyril Théréau (78')

Juventus Stadium - Turin

Player Ratings: Juventus 0-1 Udinese

14vpx5g.jpg

http://forzaitalianfootball.com/2015/08/player-ratings-juventus-0-1-udinese/?

Aug 23, 2015

Udinese shocked champions Juventus on Sunday evening, recording a memorable 1-0 victory at the Juventus stadium.

The goal came courtesy of Cyril Thereau, who tapped in a fine cross from substitute Panagiotis Kone. The Bianconeri squandered numerous chances and were left ruing their lack of clinical finishing as Udinese scored late on and held out for a famous victory.

Juventus

Gianluigi Buffon – 6 – Untested - Could do nothing for the goal, but other than a late stop from Kone the veteran keeper was untested.

Andrea Barzagli – 6.5 – Calm - Looked to push up the field to support the midfield, marshalling those in front of him. Was solid in the first half but was susceptible to the counter attack after the break.

Leonardo Bonucci – 6 – Composed - Handled Thereau well for most of the match and didn’t give Antonio Di Natale a sniff of the ball. When Zapata was introduced, Bonucci matched the Colombian for pace and power.

Giorgio Chiellini – 6 – Tough - The Italian international threw himself into tackles and ensured that his presence was felt, marshalling the Udinese frontline out of most of the match. He was always ready to receive the ball.

Stephan Lichtsteiner – 7 – Threatening - The fullback burst down the wing regularly, carving out space for himself before swinging in dangerous crosses. Had a great chance to score in the first half but his influence seemed to diminish after the break.

Roberto Pereyra – 5.5 – Faded - An explosive start, including an Arturo Vidal-esque burst into the box, quickly evaporated. Pererya struggled to assert himself on the match and was taken off for Fernando Llorente in the second half.

Simone Padoin – Energetic – 6 - The midfielder rushed around the pitch and found himself in dangerous positions. His finishing let him down however, with several clear cut chances going to waste.

Paul Pogba – 6.5 – Pressured - The talismanic figure at the heart of the Juventus midfield showed great strength and awareness but was guilty of forcing the play and over-complicating moves. The pressure of being the main man at the Bianconeri seemed to show.

Patrice Evra – 6 – Quiet - Was solid but unspectacular, with his trademark bursting runs lacking somewhat. Although he was generally untroubled in defence, the Frenchman offered little as Juventus pushed for an equaliser.

Kingsley Coman – 7 – Improved - Started the match nervously, wasting possession and making some poor decisions. Slowly grew into the game to become one of Juventus’ biggest threats, with powerful runs wreaking havoc in the Udinese defence.

Mario Mandzukic – 5 – Wasteful - Had several opportunities to open the scoring for Juventus but put his chances over the crossbar. Rose well to win numerous headers but lacked the clinical finishing to win the game for his new club.

Substitutes

Paulo Dybala (65 mins) – 6 – Frustrating
- The new signing from Palermo came on for his league debut but couldn’t break through the Udinese defence. Despite showing some good touches and intelligent player, Dybala was crowded out more often than not.

Fernando Llorente (80 mins) – N/A

Mauricio Isla (83 mins) – N/A

Udinese

Orestis Karnezis – 7 – Brave - Got down well to block Mandzukic, taking the ball away from the Croatian’s feet. Made some good stops to keep his side in the match and deserved a clean sheet.

Thomas Heurtaux – 6 – Quiet - Was solid when called upon and kept Mandzukic at bay. Did well to block the Juventus striker and stuck close to Dybala when he came on.

Danilo – 6 – Strong - Slipped in the box early on to let Lichtsteiner through but recovered well to marshall the Udinese defence. Was powerful in the air and looked to get the ball forward.

Ivan Piris – 5.5 – Risky - His tackling was tough and at times misjudged, including a late slide on the edge of the box to give Juventus a dangerous freekick. Looked assured in the second half.

Edenilson – 5 – Struggled - Coman got the better of him on several occasions and he looked uncomfortable with the direct running and pace of both the Frenchman and Dybala.

Emmanuel Badu – 6 – Unfortunate - Was lively and energetic, looking to bring the ball out and break down Juventus attacks. An injured sustained in a clash with Pogba ended his match early in the second half.

Manuel Itarru – 6 – Composed - Looked relaxed in possession and kept the ball well. Made sure that he didn’t let Dybala out of his sight, marking him tightly.

Bruno Fernandes – 7 – Determined - Broke up attacks and got up and down the pitch to counter. Saved an almost certain goal after charging down the pitch to block Mandzukic just as the Juventus man was about to unleash a vicious shot in the box.

Ali Adnan – 7 – Energetic - The Iraqi was full of life and caused a headache for Lichtsteiner. Aggressive in the tackle, the debutant showed quick feet to burst into the box and swung in several threatening crosses throughout.

Cyril Thereau – 6 – Matchwinner - Got the only goal in a quiet performance. Seemed isolated in the first half and slowly became more involved. Intelligent movement in the box allowed him to escape his marker and tap in the winner.

Antonio Di Natale – 5 – Invisible - The veteran had an afternoon to forget, barely seeing the ball and doing little with it when it finally came his way. Was replaced by Duvan Zapata midway through the second half.

Substitutes

Panagiatos Kone (53 mins) – 7.5 – Influential
- Made an impact when coming on for the injured Badu, offering an outlet for Udinese and getting into dangerous positions. His inch-perfect cross was knocked in by Thereau, whilst he could have scored a goal of his own soon after. Was a thorn in the side of the Juventus defence.

Duvan Zapata (67 mins) – 7 – Powerful - The striker’s strength allowed him to hold the ball up and let Udinese regroup after waves of Juve attacks. Caused numerous problems for the Bianconeri defence and brought Thereau into the game.

Widmer (86 mins) – N/A

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
130542 messaggi

2dky5ig.jpg

6i70qd.jpg

JUVENTUS - UDINESE

Cyril Théréau (78')

Juventus Stadium - Turin

Juventus 0 - Udinese 1: Initial
reaction and random observations

Get ready for some serious overreactions based on the first
90 minutes of a 38-game season. This should be a doozy.

jkyrnq.jpg

http://www.blackwhitereadallover.com/2015/8/23/9194005/juventus-udinese-serie-a-round-1-final-score-result-initial-reaction-random-observations

Aug 23, 2015

As much as we wanted to say that this was the start of a new-look Juventus side, it ended up being a situation where Max Allegri rolled out a starting lineup on Sunday that featured all of one brand new summer signing. There was still a different looking side than the last time Juventus played a game on Italian soil, but there were more projected starters out injured than there were new acquisitions from the past couple of months.

When it came to making a good first impression on the first day of the Serie A season ... anybody else want a do-over?

Juventus didn't look very good whatsoever in a 1-0 loss to Udinese at Juventus Stadium, the first time Juve have lost a season opener on their home turf. It has caused us to doubt whether hearing "Juventus lost Pirlo, Vidal and Tévez this summer" for 90 minutes was really worth it. (That's a brand new drinking game to take part in, by the way. If you participated in it, you would have been done for by halftime if you went through with it.) And, in turn, caused the collective masses to throw themselves down the stairs because Juventus won't be in first place from the start of the season to the final day of it.

See what you do to us, Juventus? DO YOU SEE IT?

Yes, I understand that Juve played like crap. They had 10,000 scoring chances and Udinese scored its first one late in the second half. One single defensive breakdown from Stephan Lichtsteiner and the chance to get one point at the very minimum went up in smoke.

Truth be told, though, it should have never gotten to that point. Juventus had plenty of chances to score the game's opening goal. As Udinese even struggled to get across midfield for a large portion of Saturday's proceedings, Juventus struggled to get anything in the back of the net. There were bright spots, surely, but the overall struggle to be effective on a team-wide view of things will be the theme that everybody will be talking about.

Here's what we know, in a nuts-and-bolts kind of fashion:

Juventus lost 1-0 to Udinese.

It's the first weekend of the 2015-16 season.

See where I'm going with this? Good, because it's important to remember while you're thinking about how to roll down the stairs. I'll be worried if this happens in December or January, not on the third Sunday in August.

.@OfficialAllegri: "It wasn’t an easy game but we did create plenty of chances. We should, however, have defended better for their goal."

Random thoughts and observations

The value of Claudio Marchisio was even that much more magnified in Saturday's loss. This is more to do with what Marchisio brings to the table rather than Simone Padoin being used as a holding midfielder. We know Padoin's versatile yet has a limited skill set that is suited more for other spots in the midfield or as a fullback. I guess we shouldn't be surprised the step down from Marchisio is a big one seeing as how he's adapted to being a regista over the last 12 months.

Sure would have liked to see Stefano Sturaro play in front of the defense, though, Max.

Juventus are now 0-1 in games where Gigi Buffon wears an all-yellow keeper kit that is made by adidas. He should never wear it again.

Apparently starting Kingsley Coman on Serie A opening day is a thing for Allegri to do. Maybe it wasn't the "OH MY GOD IT'S KINGSLEY COMAN!" kind of first game of the season like last year, Coman certainly showed some of that potential we all know he has. It's pretty funny that it came just a few minutes after reports emerged about him potentially going to Bayern Munich. Ironic, since if Coman was actually leaving, why would he be playing?

I have pictures of Alex Sandro sitting on the bench in my photo tool. I hope there's pictures of Alex Sandro playing in games in my photo tool somewhat soon.

Paul Pogba's first game as Juventus' No. 10 in front of the Juventus Stadium crowd was pretty much a dud. Maybe he felt like he had a little too much to do thanks to all the injuries, I dunno. But it just wasn't the classic Pogba game where he had the chance to take things over and then did exactly that.

Allegri storming down the tunnel right as the halftime whistle blew pretty much summarized this game in a nutshell.

Part of the good things to happen against Udinese: Roberto Pereyra was all over the place and Stephan Lichtsteiner was even more of threat down the right wing than he usually is.

Start Paulo Dybala next weekend against Roma, Max.

Have Paulo Dybala take corners and free kicks next weekend against Roma, Max.

I guess we wait for Cuadrado Day now. Seems like it's soon, which will hopefully make us all forget about what just happened against Udinese.

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
130542 messaggi

2dky5ig.jpg

xofhxd.jpg

JUVENTUS - UDINESE

Cyril Théréau (78')

Juventus Stadium - Turin

Allegri: Juventus did not deserve to lose

The reigning Serie A champions suffered a 1-0 defeat in their first league game
of the season but the coach felt they deserved more for their efforts.

fenuc2.jpg

http://www.goal.com/en-gb/news/2557/news/2015/08/23/14691682/-?

Aug 23, 2015

Massimiliano Allegri was positive about Juventus' display in their first Serie A game of the season, despite losing 1-0 to Udinese.

The Bianconeri's title defence got off to a poor start as they went down to a Cyril Thereau goal after 78 minutes.

Allegri, though, was happy with his side's performance and feels they should have got something out of it.

"For 70 minutes we did what we had to do, all we missed was the goal," he said. "Playing against Udinese was not easy, we created chances in both the first and second half, but we had to defend better at the goal.

"We did not deserve this defeat, but football is like that. We had many chances but in the end we lost.

"We must remember that we are still in the beginning of the season and many of our players have just arrived.

"The team worked hard and created chances. Udinese scored with their first shot on goal, we must have the confidence to score a goal at any time and we must not lose patience.

"The aim is for us to challenge on three fronts. Of course having so many new players needs patience."

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
130542 messaggi

2dky5ig.jpg

xofhxd.jpg

JUVENTUS - UDINESE

Cyril Théréau (78')

Juventus Stadium - Turin

Player Ratings

2ymggw8.jpg

http://www.goal.com/en/match/juventus-vs-udinese/2120381/ratings?ICID=MP_MS_6

Aug 23, 2015

Juventus

1 G. Buffon - Barely made a single touch of the ball until he had to pick it out of the net after being beaten late on.

15 A. Barzagli - Defended resolutely initially but started to struggle in the second half, particularly after the introduction of Zapata.

19 L. Bonucci - Joined Chiellini in pushing forward to swamp the Udinese defence and put continuous pressure on the visitors’ front line to stop them from breaking away quickly.

3 G. Chiellini - Camped himself firmly inside the Udinese half of the pitch, but he failed to find as much joy on the ball as he would have liked.

26 S. Lichtsteiner - A constant threat down the right flank and he consistently looked a danger whenever breaking forward.

37 R. Pereyra - Really impressed during the opening period but just couldn't seem to continue that good form after the break, and he faded as time wore on.

20 S. Padoin - Put in a strong shift initially but faded into obscurity as the game wore on. Some of his long-range passes left much to be desired.

10 P. Pogba - Enjoyed a positive first half but struggled in the second, where poor decision-making and sloppy passes let him, and his teammates, down.

33 P. Evra - One of Juventus’s biggest threats going forward. Constantly peppered the Udinese penalty area with dangerous crosses.

11 K. Coman - Looked bright whenever he was able to get on the ball, twisting and turning through a sea of Udinese defenders, but seemed to lack that cutting edge in front of goal.

17 M. Mandžukić - Hit the ground running and impressed on his first league start for Juventus. Used his height and power to great effect, particularly when holding up the ball to bring Coman and Pogba into play.

Substitutes

21 P. Dybala
- Was bright and looked full of energy but his end product let him down on too many occasions.

14 Llorente - Featured late on as Juventus desperately pushed forward in search of an equaliser but made little impact in his short time on the pitch.

2 M. Isla - Came on late on as Juventus were chasing an equaliser but failed to make much of an impact in his short time on the pitch.

Udinese

31 O. Karnezis - Was under fire from start to finish but pulled off several excellent saves to keep the determined Juventus front line at bay.

75 T. Heurtaux - It was a long night for the Frenchman, who put in a great defensive shift, particularly in the second half as Juventus desperately pushed forward.

5 Danilo - Was an absolute rock in the centre of the Udinese defence. Grew in the game as it wore on and fully deserved the clean sheet.

89 I. Piris - Struggled to contain Coman, whose skill and trickery forced him into making several rash challenges as he tried to deal with the young Frenchman.

21 Edenilson - Struggled against Evra, who kept the Brazilian pinned back inside his own half. Couldn’t get anywhere near the Frenchman, who, as a result, was one of Juventus’s best players.

7 E. Agyemang-Badu - Found little joy in the first half but started to look bright at the start of the second period before a nasty-looking injury forced him off the pitch.

16 M. Iturra - Protected the Udinese back line with an excellent defensive performance and looked bright at the other end when in possession.

8 Bruno Fernandes - Failed to make much of a an impact going forward but put in a great shift defensively to help out the under-fire Udinese back three.

53 Ali Adnan - Battled hard against Lichtsteiner and put in a great shift against the marauding Swiss wing-back, particularly in the second half when he dropped even deeper.

77 C. Théréau - Was largely anonymous for the vast majority of the game before popping on late on to score what would prove to be the winner.

10 A. Di Natale - Virtually non-existent due to Juventus’s dominance. Found it hard to get into the game and, as a result, had a dreadful night.

Substitutes

33 P. Kone
- Came on for the injured Agyemang-Badu and continued the Ghanaian’s good work. Defended well and looked bright whenever Udinese were able to break away quickly, resulting in him setting up the only goal of the game with a wonderful curling cross.

9 D. Zapata - Replaced the ineffectual Di Natale and was excellent, holding up the ball well and using his strength and power to great effect.

27 S. Widmer - Came on late on and was excellent defensively to help Udinese claim all three points.

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
Ospite
Questa discussione è chiusa.

• Chi sta navigando   0 utenti

Nessun utente registrato visualizza questa pagina.

• Crea Nuovo...