Accedi per seguire   
Socrates

12 - Alex Sandro

130725 messaggi

xofhxd.jpg

OFFICIAL: Porto confirm Alex Sandro
has signed for Juventus

The left-back has already undergone a medical in Turin
and has completed his move to the Serie A champions for €26 million.

http://www.goal.com/en-za/news/4682/transfer-zone/2015/08/20/14604532/-?

Aug 20, 2015

Porto have announced that Alex Sandro has signed for Juventus.

The 24-year-old left-back will join the Serie A champions after the two sides reached an agreement over a €26 million transfer fee.

The Brazilian had undertaken a medical on Thursday morning after Giuseppe Marotta had confirmed that a deal was close.

Juventus see Sandro as the ideal addition to the squad to challenge Patrice Evra for a starting place as the Frenchman enters the twilight of his career.

The defender started his professional path with Atletico Paranaense and also turned out for Santos before moving to Portugal in 2011.

He had since developed into a key player for the Portuguese giants, but a transfer became inevitable after he refused to sign an extension to his contract which was set to expire next year.

Condividi questo messaggio

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
130725 messaggi

swcy9l.png

Official: Juventus sign Alex Sandro

http://www.football-italia.net/71337/official-juventus-sign-alex-sandro?

Aug 20, 2015

Juventus have signed Alex Sandro from Porto for a €26m fee, the Portuguese side have confirmed.

The full-back passed his Bianconeri medical earlier today, having arrived in Italy last night to complete the transfer.

“Porto and Juventus have reached an agreement for the sale of Alex Sandro to the Italian club on a permanent basis for €26m,” Porto confirmed on their official website.

“The 24-year-old left-back joined the Dragoes in 2011 and has been capped six times by Brazil.”

Alex Sandro is the latest recruit for the Old Lady this summer, with Paulo Dybala, Mario Mandzukic and Sami Khedira among those joining the club.

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
130725 messaggi

xlf6gm.gif

Alex Sandro signs for Juventus after
Porto agree €26 million fee

http://www.espnfc.co.uk/story/2572478/alex-sandro-signs-at-juventus-after-porto-agree-26m-euro-fee?

Aug 20, 2015

Brazil international Alex Sandro signed a five-year contract with Juventus on Thursday after the Serie A side agreed a €26 million transfer with Porto.

The signing became official after Sandro passed his medical in Turin, with the Portuguese club confirming the transfer fee.

OFFICIAL: Alex Sandro completes a switch from Porto, penning a five-year contract

The 24-year-old will be Juventus' preferred option at left-back in the future, though he will compete with Patrice Evra for the starting spot at the San Siro this season.

"I'm feeling very positive, I'm happy and confident,'' Sandro said. "I can't wait to be able to start training and playing and to continue making my dream come true.

"The fans can rest assured that they have a player who will always give 100 percent to secure victories and success for the club."

Under Massimiliano Allegri, Juventus alternated between 3-5-2 and 4-3-1-2 last season and Alex Sandro is confident he can fit into either system.

"I'm used to playing in both a back three and a back four," he said. "Obviously in a three-man defense the left-sided defender has to push harder to join the attacks, but as I say I can play in either a three-man or a four-man back line."

Sandro joined Porto in 2011, but had rejected offers this summer to extend his contract, which was set to expire after this season. He scored three goals in 137 appearances.

He has made six career appearances for Brazil, but none since 2012.

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
130725 messaggi

swcy9l.png

Juve: 'Five-year deal for Alex Sandro'

http://www.football-italia.net/71339/juve-five-year-deal-alex-sandro?

Aug 20, 2015

Juventus have also confirmed the signing of Porto’s Alex Sandro, with the full-back signing a five-year contract.

The Portuguese side confirmed this afternoon that they had sold the Brazilian international to the Bianconeri for a fee of €26m, and the Turin giants have now relased the details of the transfer.

A statement on the club’s official website confirms the €26m fee, but reveals the sum is “payable in three financial years.”

The statement also confirms that Alex Sandro has signed a five-year contract with the Old Lady, tying him to the club until 2020.

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
130725 messaggi

swcy9l.png

Alex Sandro: ‘Happy in back-three’

http://www.football-italia.net/71342/alex-sandro-%E2%80%98happy-back-three%E2%80%99?

Aug 20, 2015

New Juventus signing Alex Sandro assures he’s ‘comfortable’ in both a back-three and a back-four.

The Bianconeri alternated between 3-5-2 and 4-3-1-2 last season, and the €26m signing believes he has the versatility to fit into either system.

“I’m used to playing in both a back-three and a back-four,” Sandro told Juventus’ official website.

“Obviously in a three-man defence the left-sided defender has to push harder to join the attacks, but as I say, I can play in either a three-man or a four-man backline.”

The Brazilian international also looked to endear himself to his new fans, revealing he supported the club in last season’s Champions League.

“I think the club had a fantastic season last year. I mean that, I’m not just saying it because I’m a Juventus player now.

“After Porto were eliminated from the Champions League I was cheering for Juve all the way, and I hope this season can be even better.

“I’m feeling very positive, I’m happy and confident.

“I can’t wait to be able to start training and playing and to continue making my dream come true.

“The fans can rest assured that they have a player who will always give 100 per cent to secure victories and success for the club.”

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
130725 messaggi

6i70qd.jpg

OFFICIALLY OFFICIAL: Juventus sign
left back Alex Sandro from Porto

http://www.blackwhitereadallover.com/2015/8/20/9170303/official-juventus-sign-alex-sandro-from-porto-serie-a-transfers-2015

Aug 20, 2015

From afar, it looked as though Juventus didn't even have a chance to sign Porto at this point a week or so ago. There were other names that were being thrown about, with the only opportunity to see the 24-year-old Brazilian left back in a Juventus jersey coming in something that was played virtually, not in actual reality.

Well, maybe we should re-think all of that now.

Here's the most interesting part of it all. Alex Sandro is no longer "Porto left back Alex Sandro." Nah, Alex Sandro is now "Juventus left back Alex Sandro." Feels good, man, feels good. The official word on Juve's latest summer transfer, courtesy of the club's official website:

Juventus Football Club S.p.A. announces that the agreement with Futebol Clube Do Porto SAD for the definitive acquisition of the registration rights of the player Alex Sandro Lobo Silva has been finalised. The consideration for the acquisition is € 26 million payable in 3 financial years.

Juventus and the player have signed a 5-year contract of employment.

JuventusFC ✔@juventusfcen
OFFICIAL: Alex Sandro completes a switch from Porto, penning a five-year contract

Beppe Marotta saw an opportunity with Sandro reportedly turning down a contract extension at Porto and pounced on this new development like a damn dog with its favorite toy. And just like said pooch and dog toy, Marotta got exactly what he wanted when he initiated talks with Porto — a new left back that has the chance to be in Turin a long, long time.

At 24, Sandro is the latest young and talented signing to join Juventus in the current transfer window. And, for that matter, just think about all the moves Marotta and Juventus have made where they've spent good money on high-quality — as well as young players — just over the last 12 or 14 months There's the major one in Paulo Dybala this summer that could push €40 million. There's Álvaro Morata last summer. Add in bringing Daniele Rugani back after buying his contract in full, signing Stefano Sturaro and Simone Zaza the last two summers and you've got a young nucleus that's only getting bigger and bigger.

And, according to Marotta himself, there's likely more on the way.

But back to Sandro. At the age of 24, he is now Juventus' long-term solution to a position that hasn't had a long-term solution in quite some time. There is a lot of money being paid to bring him to Turin. And it's definitely more than what was reported a few days ago in the Italian media. It's a hefty investment, but one that is needed to bring in a player like Sandro.

So, welcome, Alex Sandro. May all those qifs and YouTube highlights we're seeing from your Porto days become all the more plentiful now that you're set to make your Juve debut in the very near future.

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
130725 messaggi

swcy9l.png

Alex Sandro: ‘Juventus a dream’

http://www.football-italia.net/71536/alex-sandro-%E2%80%98juventus-dream%E2%80%99?

Aug 24, 2015

New Juventus signing Alex Sandro says he’ll ‘give 100 per cent to win’ as he’s officially unveiled.

The full-back has joined the Bianconeri from Porto in a €26m deal, and spoke at a presentation Press conference this afternoon.

“One of my most important attributes is that I’m someone who always wants to win,” the Brazilian told assembled media.

“I’ll give 100 per cent to win, always looking to defend and attack well. I’ll try to show my quality during training and during games.

“What brought me to Juve was that this has always been my dream, it’s always been my desire to play for Juventus. This is a dream come true for me.”

The Old Lady’s season got off to a bad start yesterday, losing 1-0 to Udinese in Turin, but the new arrival is not overly concerned.

“Being at Juventus Stadium? It was a spectacular feeling, fantastic. It’s something that all players would like to experience.

“Unfortunately we lost yesterday, but we played well and we paid for a mistake.”

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
130725 messaggi

swcy9l.png

Alex Sandro: ‘Ready for Roma’

http://www.football-italia.net/71537/alex-sandro-%E2%80%98ready-roma%E2%80%99?

Aug 24, 2015

Alex Sandro says he’s ‘ready’ to make his Juventus debut against Roma on Sunday.

The Brazilian international has joined the Old Lady for €26m, but remained on the bench for the duration of the weekend defeat to Udinese.

“I’m sure the game against Roma will be difficult,” Alex Sandro told journalists at his presentation Press conference.

“It’s a ‘clasico’, and they’re always hard. I’m ready to play, I’m feeling better every day, more confident and more in tune with the team.

“I’m ready for Roma.”

The 24-year-old believes the move to Serie A will benefit him as a player, especially with regard to the tactical side of the game.

“I’ve always followed the Italian League, it’s a very difficult League. It’s the most tactical division in the world.

“I’m sure it will help me a lot in my career, it will mould my style of play. I know I can grow up in Italian football, and I know that Juventus will support me in doing that.

“Roberto Carlos, and Patrice Evra who is here at Juve are the players who have most inspired me. I imitated them, and I’ll continue to do that.”

The left-back has previously stated that he supported the Bianconeri in last season’s Champions League, and was asked where his passion for the club stems from.

“It’s true, after Porto were knocked out I was always cheering for Juventus,” Alex Sandro explained.

“They were the team left in the Champions League who I liked the most. As a child I saw big names like Alessandro Del Piero and David Trezeguet playing for Juventus.

“This has always been a team I’ve liked.”

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
130725 messaggi

xlf6gm.gif

Juventus a dream come true for Alex Sandro

http://www.espnfc.co.uk/story/2579399/juventus-a-dream-come-true-for-alex-sandro?

Aug 24, 2015

Alex Sandro said joining Juventus from Porto this summer was "a dream come true" as he was officially presented as a Bianconeri player on Monday.

The Brazilian full-back completed a €26-million move to Turin last week, in time to soak up the atmosphere at the Juventus Stadium on Sunday. Although named as a substitute for the 1-0 defeat to Udinese, Sandro did not feature.

He is set to make his first appearance when Juve travel to Roma next weekend, however, having got to know his new surroundings and a club he claims he had always wanted to play for one day.

JuventusFC ✔@juventusfcen
Alex Sandro is in the building! #AlexSandroDay

"It was always my desire to play for Juventus," he said at a news conference. "I've got a lot of belief in this club and this, for me, is like a dream come true. Once Porto were knocked out of the Champions League, I supported Juve.

"I used to watch the likes of [Alessandro] Del Piero and [David] Trezeguet here. It's a perfect choice for me and I'm sure I'm going to gain a lot from it. I've always loved Juve."

Sandro faces stiff competition for a starting berth in the Juve starting XI with Patrice Evra settling in well after some initial difficulties last season. Both are set to alternate at left full-back, with the apprentice learning from his master.

"Roberto Carlos and Evra are the two players who have inspired me the most in my career," said the 24-year-old. "I've always watched Serie A and I know it's the most difficult league in the world tactically and I'm certain that playing here is going to help me in my career, both as a footballer and a person."

After kicking his heels on Sunday, enjoying the occasion only to a certain extent in view of the result, Sandro says he is ready to take his bow next Sunday, when the Old Lady will look to avoid completing a false start to the season when they travel to Roma.

"I know what that game means," he said of the battle between the teams who finished first and second in the past two Serie A seasons. "It's a classic and, as such, it's going to be difficult for me, but I'm ready."

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
130725 messaggi

xofhxd.jpg

Evra is my idol, says new Juventus signing Alex Sandro

The new arrival in Turin has confessed his admiration for the veteran
France full-back, whom he will challenge for a place in the starting XI.

http://www.goal.com/en/news/10/italy/2015/08/24/14717022/-?

Aug 24, 2015

New Juventus signing Alex Sandro has revealed his idol to be Patrice Evra - the very man he will challenge for the starting left-back berth in Turin.

Brazil international Alex Sandro arrived at Juventus Stadium from Porto for a fee of €26 million last week and says it has always been an ambition to play for the Serie A champions.

"Playing here has always been a dream for me and now it's coming true," he said. "Juventus was the perfect choice for me. Coming here will help me to develop as both a person and player.

"Juventus are a team I've always been fond of. As a youngster I admired Alessandro Del Piero and David Trezeguet.

"After Porto went out of the Champions League I cheered for Juventus."

Discussing his inspirations, Alex Sandro added: "Roberto Carlos and Patrice Evra are the two players who I've most looked up to."

Alex Sandro could make his debut when Juve take on Roma this weekend, having been an unused substitute for Sunday's 1-0 defeat to Udinese, and is hungry to play his own part in the club's history.

"I always give 100 per cent to win," he said. "I'm confident I'll be able to show my qualities both during games and in training.

"Serie A is a tough league and the most tactical in the world. I know playing here will help me to develop.

"We're working hard and will strive to win all the competitions we're involved in this season."

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
130725 messaggi

smrn9d.jpg

Analysing What New Signing Alex Sandro
Brings to Serie A Giants Juventus

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2554678-analysing-what-new-signing-alex-sandro-brings-to-serie-a-giants-juventus?

Aug 26, 2015

For most of the summer, Juventus were busy replacing the stars who had departed, bringing in the likes of Sami Khedira and Mario Mandzukic in the hope of continuing their run of dominance atop the Serie A table.

One lamentable point is that Paulo Dybala—signed from Palermo—will not get to learn from Carlos Tevez. If the latter had remained in Turin for the final year of his contract, the impact his tutelage could have had on the €32 million acquisition would be almost immeasurable.

However, last week the Bianconeri made another addition who will reap a similar benefit, bringing in Alex Sandro from FC Porto. According to their official website, the Italian champions paid €26 million for the left-back, and he will undoubtedly enjoy the veteran presence of Patrice Evra.

Sandro’s career began in the youth sector at Atletico Paranaense, making his first-team debut in 2008. Within a year he had established himself as first-choice, and caught the attention of Santos who would help him develop into a fearsome attacking force.

During that time he would also cement his place within the country's youth sides, and was part of the under-20 squad which won both the South American Youth Championship and FIFA U-20 World Cup in 2011.

The same year also saw him help his club side lift the Copa Libertadores, and he was on the move again, joining Porto at the same time as his team-mate Danilo. His first season would see him make just seven appearances, but when Alvaro Pereira moved to Inter at the end of that campaign, Sandro would begin to make his mark.

Over the following four years, he would steadily improve the defensive side of his game, and arrives at Juventus a much more well-rounded player than most would expect of a pacey Brazilian full-back. Defensively, he is strong enough to compete when the game becomes physical, while his speed and ability to recover allow him some margin for error if he is ever caught out.

Indeed, those attributes were identified last summer by Portuguese football expert Tom Kundert, who said the following in his column for Mirror Sport:

Sandro combines a willingness to bomb forward in the best Brazilian traditions with the innate sense of when to do so and when to hold back.

A tenacious defender who combines well with his team-mates when venturing upfield, any potential suitor will have to pay big to get him, but will have the length of their left flank well patrolled as a result.

That opinion is supported by statistics from WhoScored.com, their figures showing the 24-year-old averaged a staggering 4.1 tackles, 4.3 interceptions and 3.2 clearances in his nine Champions League appearances last term.

The same source shows that Evra recorded averages of 1.8 tackles, 1.1 interceptions and 3.2 clearances per game in the same competition, the comparison showing just how much impact Sandro now has.

OptaPaolo ✔@OptaPaolo
39 – Alex Sandro was the defender with the most interceptions (39) and fouls won (22) over the last Champions League. Bianconero?

The impressive numbers continue, with Squawka.com highlighting that the Brazilian—who stands 1.80 m (5’ 11”) tall—won 70 percent of the aerial duels he contested. That will be important in Serie A, where strikers often target full-backs on crosses to the far post, an area of the game where Evra himself excels.

“Roberto Carlos and Patrice Evra who is here at Juve are the players who have most inspired me,” Sandro said at his inaugural press conference this week (h/t Football Italia). “I imitated them, and I’ll continue to do that.”

While the opportunity to learn from the latter will be vital, it is the attributes he shares with his compatriot that will most excite supporters. Like the former Real Madrid star, his style retains that recognisable Brazilian flair, able to entertain fans with his superb footwork and close control.

Difficult to knock off the ball, he is adept at beating opposition defenders one-on-one, with WhoScored showing he averaged 4.7 dribbles per game in the 2013/14 season, and at full speed he is almost impossible to stop.

Once there he either clips the ball into the box or drives it in low just as Carlos used to, a tough situation for defenders and goalkeepers but a joy for predatory strikers like Mario Mandzukic, who is likely to thrive on such service.

Indeed, while Sandro has notched few assists—a single one in last season’s Champions League—he has provided a steady stream of scoring opportunities, averaging 1.2 key passes per game last term, according to WhoScored.

While he won a silver medal with Brazil at the London Olympics in 2012 and has six full caps to his name, Sandro was not part of his country’s squads for either the last World Cup or this summer’s Copa America.

Losing out to the likes of Paris Saint-Germain’s Maxwell and Marcelo of Real Madrid, the man in charge of the Selecao believes his move to Italy could improve his chances. “Competing in the Champions League with a big club like that will help him mature in terms of the national team,” Dunga said recently, per PortuGoal.net.

“Alex Sandro is a player worthy of Juventus, and I think an experience with a top Serie A club will make him even more complete,” the coach continued, and it is a view the player clearly shares. Speaking at his first press conference in Turin, Sandro gave reporters his opinion on the move and what it means for him personally:

Juventus was the perfect choice for me. Coming here will help me to grow as both a person and player. As a team, we're working hard and will strive to win all the competitions we're involved in this season.

Serie A is a tough league and the most tactical in the world. I am sure that the experience will improve me as a footballer. I always give 100% to win. I'm confident I'll be able to show my qualities both during games and on the training pitch.

The tactical variety he will now be faced with was an important point to make, particularly given the flexibility Massimiliano Allegri has displayed during his time with the Bianconeri, switching between 3-5-2 and what he told La giornalaccio rosa dello Sport (h/t Football Italia) is best described as “4-3-and then we’ll see.”

Sandro appears unfazed by that regular change however, telling the club website (h/t Football Italia) that he is “used to playing in both a back-three and a back-four,” in a short video. “Obviously in a three-man defence the left-sided defender has to push harder to join the attacks, but as I say, I can play in either a three-man or a four-man backline.”

That kind of incisive push was sorely lacking against Udinese last week, and Juventus face a difficult trip to AS Roma on Sunday, a game that might see his debut. When he does take to the field, it will be the beginning of what the Old Lady hopes is a bright future, clearly investing in Alex Sandro to inherit the role from Patrice Evra.

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
130725 messaggi

swcy9l.png

Alex Sandro: ‘No Evra rivalry’

http://www.football-italia.net/72806/alex-sandro-%E2%80%98no-evra-rivalry%E2%80%99?

Sep 10, 2015

Alex Sandro insists there’s no rivalry between him and Patrice Evra at Juventus - ‘I have a lot to learn from him’.

The Brazilian will almost certainly make his Bianconeri debut in Saturday’s clash with Chievo, with Evra suspended after a red card against Roma.

“Evra has always been a reference point for me,” Alex Sandro told Sky.

“He always will be. There’s no rivalry, even though we play the same position and I don’t think we’ll play together. My aim is to keep my place, as is his.

“However, I have a lot to learn, and of course I also have a lot to learn from him.”

The former Porto man then discussed his new team, after the Old Lady suffered two defeats in the first two Serie A games.

“At the beginning of the season I saw a strong Juventus, one which is always looking to improve both offensively and defensively.

“The club is working well on the inclusion of the new players, there’s a specific project to be followed, beyond results.

“I came here to give my contribution in every respect, especially in terms of intensity and aggression, and I’ll always give my best for this team.

“I’m calm, I feel comfortable, even if they paid a lot for me.

“I’m the most expensive Juventus defender since Lilian Thuram? Well, of course he’s a champion, but I don’t feel pressure. I just want to do my best.

“Against Chievo I’ll play from the start, it’s true that it’ll be September 12 and I’ll wear number 12, but it’s just a coincidence.

“I chose it because of Hulk, who is a good friend of mine. What else can I say? I hope it’ll be a happy coincidence.”

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
130725 messaggi

swcy9l.png

Roberto Carlos: ‘Alex Sandro my successor’

http://www.football-italia.net/72831/roberto-carlos-%E2%80%98sandro-my-successor%E2%80%99?

Sep 11, 2015

Brazil legend Roberto Carlos has given Juventus new boy Alex Sandro his backing – ‘he could be my successor.’

The left-back arrived at the Old Lady from Porto this summer and his compatriot believes that he has the quality to follow in the World Cup-winner's footsteps.

“It’s true, he’s similar to me and if he continues like this he could be my successor,” Carlos told Tuttosport.

“You will see, you’ll be satisfied by him. He’s a great guy who is alert. I’ve watched him play in the few times he played for the national team and with Porto.

“He’s a technical, modern full-back, someone who can defend and attack. In Brazil he gets compared to me and to tell the truth I see myself in him a bit.

“He doesn’t shoot like me, but that’s because very few people possess a shot like mine. For the rest, we have different common characteristics.

“In fact, I must admit that I think Alex Sandro has a more accurate cross than I had, that’s really one of his specialities.

“His crosses are almost always inviting for strikers. This is a great advantage for Morata and Mandzukic – Alex Sandro is definitely a wing-back who is adept at providing assists.

“The reason is simple that he hasn’t been called up for the senior national team. We have many quality players in that position, like Real Madrid’s Marcelo and Filipe Luis of Atletico.

“Alex Sandro improved in his time at Porto and his time at Juventus will help him develop further.

“And also Juve, along with Inter, Milan, Real Madrid and Barcelona, are one of the most followed teams in Brazil – everyone will be watching the Bianconeri’s matches.

“If you do well with one of these clubs, your value is raised even further.”

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
130725 messaggi

swcy9l.png

Alex Sandro: ‘Fee not important’

http://www.football-italia.net/75423/alex-sandro-%E2%80%98fee-not-important%E2%80%99?

Nov 6, 2015

Juventus’ Alex Sandro says ‘I don’t care how much I cost’ and that ‘it’s an honour to train with Patrice Evra.’

The left-back arrived at the Old Lady for €26m from Porto in the summer, but has made only five league appearances so far.

However, the Brazilian isn’t worried about the fee and spoke of his admiration for the Bianconeri’s veterans.

"The words of Buffon, Evra and the more experienced players are very encouraging for all of us,” he told Sky Sport Italia.

“They are very important both on and off the field.

“I don’t care about how much I cost, I’m working to improve day by day, both in defence and in attack. I’m still developing.

“Juve always play to win and we always try to improve game after game.

“Roberto Carlos sees himself in me? It’s a real honour that he spoke so highly of me.

“I hope to put his words into practice. I've been a fan of Evra since he played in Manchester - for me it is an honour to train with him."

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
130725 messaggi

34e7ujn.jpg

Alex Sandro: Juventus Are Starting
To Improve At Last

http://forzaitalianfootball.com/2015/11/alex-sandro-juventus-are-starting-to-improve-at-last/?

Nov 12, 2015

Juventus defender Alex Sandro is adamant his side are improving and will continue to do so in a bid to enter the Scudetto race.

The Bianconeri haven’t had the best of starts in Serie A but wins against both Empoli and Torino have given Massimiliano Allegri’s side new found confidence prior to the winter break.

“Juventus are not used to being in the current predicament we find ourselves in,” Sandro told JTV.

“We are improving on the field now though,” he added.

“The wins against Empoli and Torino have been vital.

“In Serie A it is very difficult and every opponent is a tough task.

“It is, of course, important for us to gain points against everyone.

“We were very happy for the previous victory, me especially after assisting Cuadrado [Juan].”

AC Milan are Juventus’ next opponents on 21 November, a match that will prove a real test considering Sinisa Mihajlovic’s men have significantly improved, before Manchester City take on the Bianconeri in Europe.

“It will be difficult.

“We need to win this no matter what.

“We’ll give no spaces for them to play, including by Brazilian compatriot Luiz Adriano.

“As for European football, we are going well anyway and we are also satisfied with our performances.

“The game against Manchester City is key, so we must stay focused and win to gain top spot in the group.”

At Juventus, Sandro has slotted into the Italian culture quite well, considering he is surrounded by as number of South American footballers, one of which he believes can go onto even greater things.

“Neto is Brazilian so he has helped me a lot.”

“He teaches me Italian.

“As for Dybala, he will end up being one of the best in the world I think.

“For me, just being at Juventus is fantastic.

“I am living a dream.”

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
130725 messaggi

2ecg1uu.jpg

JUVENTUS REJECT MAN CITY OFFER FOR ALEX SANDRO

http://www.juvefc.com/juventus-reject-man-city-offer-for-alex-sandro/?

Nov 27, 2015

Juventus have reportedly rejected an offer from Manchester City for Brazilian full-back Alex Sandro.

City had hoped to sign the Brazilian on a free transfer in 2016 when his contract with Porto ended and prepared an offer of €6m per season contract until 2021.

The citizens had the opportunity to watch Sandro first hand in Juve’s 1-0 victory on Wednesday night and it’s reported that they still have an interest in the player.

According to La giornalaccio rosa dello Sport, the Premier League side presented an offer of €40m for Sandro but it was immediately dismissed by Juventus director Beppe Marotta.

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
130725 messaggi

2wg6lhu.png

Alex Sandro wanted by Manchester City?

http://www.sportsmole.co.uk/football/man-city/transfer-talk/news/alex-sandro-wanted-by-manchester-city_259903.html

Nov 29, 2015

Manchester City are reportedly interested in signing Juventus full-back Alex Sandro.

The 24-year-old joined the Italian champions from Porto in the summer and has produced a number of impressive displays.

He came up against the Citizens in the Champions League earlier this week, and set up the winning goal for Mario Mandzukic in a 1-0 win for the Old Lady.

According to the Manchester Evening News, City have made a bid of €40m (£28m) for the Brazilian defender, but Juventus are thought to be unwilling to do business.

Sandro had spent four seasons at Porto before completing his move to Juventus in August.

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
130725 messaggi

6i70qd.jpg

Yes, Obi-Wan, Alex Sandro IS the left back
you've been looking for at Juventus

Paulo Dybala may be stealing all the headlines this season as Juventus' marquee signing,
but Alex Sandro has proven himself to be an absolute coup for the Bianconeri.

http://www.blackwhitereadallover.com/2015/12/21/10623616/yes-obi-wan-alex-sandro-is-the-left-back-youve-been-looking-for-at-juventus

Dec 21, 2015

O Fenômeno @ayyy_west
I'd love to see Porto's Alex Sandro come to Juve. Would be the PERFECT solution to our LWB problem

O Fenômeno @ayyy_west
I've only seen him play a few times for Porto, but I think Alex Sandro can be a world-class left back too.

Yes it's true. I'm clairvoyant. Please, save your applause till the end, there will be plenty of time for autographs and pictures.

As you can read for yourself, I've long been a fan of Alex Sandro. Having watched him dominate the left flank for years at FC Porto, I was absolutely overjoyed when he put pen to paper with Juventus. €26 million fee? Peanuts. You pay for quality, and quality is exactly what Sandro is.

Don't get me wrong, I've been mightily impressed by Uncle Pat Evra, despite my initial qualms with his personality and general dislike of him as a person. While I always rated him as a player, he always struck me as, frankly, a little shit. Since his arrival at Juve last season, however, he won me over with his tough tackling, consistency, on-field leadership, off-field shepherding of the younger players and glowing words about Serie A and Juventus.

However, as wonderful of a defender as Evra is, he comes up a bit short on other side of the ball. Never particularly renowned for his attacking prowess, Alex Sandro's (slow) introduction to the team has been an absolute revelation for Juventus. Blessed with pace, strength, dribbling skill and (THANK GOD FINALLY) wonderful crossing ability, it's only a matter of time before he supplants Evra as the first choice left back/wingback.

Since the days of Cristian Molinaro, Paulo De Ceglie and frequent tears from Juventus supporters, we've been crying out for an all-action left-sided defender/wingback who can get up and down the flank, defend competently, and put in a quality cross. Another Stephan Lichtsteiner, if you will. Just as Lichtsteiner's introduction to the team was an incredibly important piece of the puzzle for Antonio Conte's Juve, Alex Sandro is slowly proving himself to be the same for Massimiliano Allegri's side.

This season Allegri has taken his time introducing Sandro to the team, as he has done with nearly all of our young(er) signings while they adjust to Serie A, Juventus' tactics and the team in general. Here we are in December, and Alex Sandro looks as if he's been in a Juventus shirt his entire life. Watching he and Paul Pogba link down the left has been nothing short of breathtaking as they've already built a wonderful understanding that will surely only grow as the season progresses.

With some strong performances already under his belt, Sandro seems to grow every single game. He defends like a mother grizzly bear, attacks like a drunk Viking, and finally, finally, finally Juve have a left back who can cross a decent ball. You know what that smells like? It smells like Juventus' left side is secure for at least the next 3-4 years.

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
130725 messaggi

swcy9l.png

Alex Sandro: ‘Dybala like Neymar’

http://www.football-italia.net/78072/alex-sandro-%E2%80%98dybala-neymar%E2%80%99?

Jan 8, 2016

Juventus full-back Alex Sandro believes his teammate Paulo Dybala “has all the qualities” to reach Neymar’s levels.

The Brazilian has played with Barcelona star Neymar at international level, and believes his Argentinian club colleague can be as good as the Blaugrana man.

“Dybala has all the qualities to become a champion like Hulk and Neymar,” Alex Sandro told Sky.

“I’m sure he’ll surprise the world of football.

“Having fellow South Americans here is always a good thing, because the language is much easier and the culture is closer.

“We like to spend time together both in the squad and outside of that. It’s important.”

Sandro joined the Bianconeri from Porto this summer, and discussed his start to life in Turin.

“The Italian style and the style of Juventus has helped me a lot, and is still helping me.

“I think by following the instructions of [Coach Massimiliano] Allegri and the squad I can get better and better.

“I don’t feel ‘suadade’ [a Portuguese word for longing, for a place or person], I’m already used to living in Europe and in Turin.

“It’s a nice friendly city with tourists and people who come from other countries.”

The left-back was also asked whether he’d be joining Juan Cuadrado and Paul Pogba for their dancing goal celebrations.

“I don’t have the talent for dancing that Pogba and Cuadrado have!” Sandro laughed.

“I’ll leave the dances to them.”

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
130725 messaggi

swcy9l.png

Alex Sandro injured in training

http://www.football-italia.net/79954/alex-sandro-injured-training?

Feb 16, 2016

Juventus have confirmed Alex Sandro pulled out of today’s training session with a muscular injury.

The left-back pulled-up during today’s workout at Vinovo, as the Bianconeri prepare for Friday’s trip to face Bologna.

“Ending the session early was Alex Sandro, who left the training field after reporting a muscle complaint,” a statement on the Old Lady’s website announced.

“The Brazilian’s condition will be assessed tomorrow.”

The Old Lady are struggling with injuries ahead of their Champions League clash with Bayern Munich next week.

Mario Mandzukic, Kwadwo Asamoah and Giorgio Chiellini have already been ruled out of the first leg at Juventus Stadium.

Meanwhile, Leonardo Bonucci went off injured in the win over Napoli on Saturday night, though the defender is expected to be fit for the Last 16 tie.

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
130725 messaggi

swcy9l.png

Alex Sandro out for six weeks?

http://www.football-italia.net/79988/alex-sandro-out-six-weeks?

Feb 17, 2016

It’s reported Juventus will be without Alex Sandro for up to six weeks with a muscular injury.

The Brazilian pulled out of yesterday’s training session, and there were also fears for Juan Cuadrado, who sustained an ankle knock.

According to Sky and SportMediaset, the latter only sustained a knock, with no ligament damage.

The Colombian winger could be rested against Bologna, but it would only be a precautionary measure with Bayern Munich to come in the Champions League next week.

However, Calciomercato reports bad news for Alex Sandro, with the left back facing four to six weeks on the sidelines.

That would see the Brazilian miss both legs of the Last 16 tie with the German champions.

The player had medical tests at Vinovo this morning, and an official announcement from Juventus is expected this afternoon.

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
130725 messaggi

swcy9l.png

Alex Sandro out for 10 days

http://www.football-italia.net/80003/alex-sandro-out-10-days?

Feb 17, 2016

Juventus announced Alex Sandro will be out for 10 days and not six weeks, as tests ruled out muscular lesions.

There was a huge scare when the full-back pulled up during training yesterday, with reports he had suffered a serious thigh strain.

However, this evening tests ruled out any lesions and medics believe it will take 10 days for his return to the field.

It’s a massive sigh of relief for the Bianconeri, although it does still likely rule Alex Sandro out of the first leg of the Champions League clash with Bayern Munich.

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
130725 messaggi

6i70qd.jpg

Alex Sandro injury: Juventus left back out 10 days,
will miss first leg against Bayern Munich

Hey, a thigh injury. Fancy seeing one of those happen to a Juventus player this season.

http://www.blackwhitereadallover.com/2016/2/17/11038428/alex-sandro-injury-juventus-2016-serie-a-champions-league

Feb 17, 2016

Based on the fact that Alex Sandro left training a bit early on Tuesday, you had to know something was up. Speculation flew as a result of it almost immediately. Some said it wasn't serious, others said the Brazilian fullback would be out close to two months. Unlike when Martin Cáceres' Achilles heel went pop, Sandro's diagnosis was being handed out even before we officially knew anything.

Well, now we do.

From Juventus' official website:

Alex Sandro will be sidelined for approximately ten days after an MRI scan revealed an overload of the rectus femoris muscle in his left thigh.

The Brazilian wing-back pulled up in yesterday's training session at Juventus Center in Vinovo.

Yes, we sit here just a few days after Juventus beat Napoli and we're having to deal with another injury. That's just how things go these days. One game comes and goes, then we await to see which Juventus player was injured either in the game or in the aftermath. This one can be filed into the latter category, but with such a huge game against Bayern Munich on the horizon, I guess it doesn't really matter.

So much for watching Alex Sandro bomb up and down the left wing like he has rockets attached to his boots next Tuesday night at Juventus Stadium. At least it's 10 days and not 10 weeks, so we've got that going for us.

All these damn muscle injuries, man. Just when you think there can't be any more of them, well, then there's another one of them. So it goes for Juventus in the 2015-16 season where it seems like everybody gets at least some kind of muscle injury. Let's just go ahead and put all of them in bubble wrap now, I guess.

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
130725 messaggi

xofhxd.jpg

RUMOURS: Manchester United & City have bids
rejected for Juventus left-back Alex Sandro

The 25-year-old left-back is wanted by the Premier League duo -
but the Italian champions are asking for €45 million.

http://www.goal.com/en-gb/news/2892/transfer-zone/2016/02/26/20749542/-?

Feb 26, 2016

Manchester United and Manchester City both had mega-money bids rejected by Juventus for left-back Alex Sandro, according to Calciomercato.

The report claims that both clubs have had offers rejected, and the Serie A champions now consider the Brazilian the second-best left-back in the world behind David Alaba, and now value him between €40 million and €50m.

Sandro has only started eight games in Serie A but the club view him as Patrice Evra’s long-term successor and are reluctant to sell.

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
130725 messaggi

swcy9l.png

Man Utd eye Alex Sandro

http://www.football-italia.net/80497/man-utd-eye-alex-sandro?

Feb 27, 2016

Manchester United have reportedly set their sights on Juventus wing-back Alex Sandro.

The 25-year-old Brazilian was snapped up from Porto in August for €26m, which at the time seemed like too much.

But he has slowly worked his way into the squad, scoring two goals and providing four assists between Serie A and the Champions League.

According to the Daily Star newspaper, Manchester United are targeting a summer swoop for the versatile player.

He can be a left-back, on the left of a 3-5-2 or 4-4-2 system or even more advanced in a trident attack if needs be.

However, it’s very unlikely Juve would part with Alex Sandro so soon after investing a large sum in his contract.

He is seen as the heir to Patrice Evra, a former Manchester United man.

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti