Accedi per seguire   
Socrates

Medhi Benatia

130539 messaggi

Home

Juve block Benatia exit

https://www.football-italia.net/133672/juve-block-benatia-exit

Jan 23, 2019

Juventus reportedly met Medhi Benatia’s agent today and told him to forget about a January departure to Marseille, Arsenal or anywhere else.

The defender has been increasingly frustrated at the lack of playing time and is expected to leave at the end of the season anyway.

According to Calciomercato.com, Benatia and his agent met with Juventus directors this afternoon.

He asked to be sold, but the club reiterated its position that with Andrea Barzagli out for several months through injury, they could not afford to let the 31-year-old go.

There had been interest from the likes of Olympique Marseille and Arsenal, as the Gunners wanted him in part-exchange for letting Aaron Ramsey go six months early.

Benatia has only made six competitive appearances for Juve this season.

Condividi questo messaggio

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
130539 messaggi

Home

Benatia wants Juve exit

https://www.football-italia.net/133730/report-benatia-wants-juve-exit

Jan 24, 2019

Medhi Benatia reportedly wants to leave Juventus for Qatar this month, but the Bianconeri must find a replacement defender first.

According to Goal.com’s Romeo Agresti, Qatari side Al-Duhail have offered the €10m that Juve are asking for Benatia, who wants out this month despite being told he cannot leave.

Agresti explains the Old Lady would rather keep the 31-year-old until the end of the season but are prepared to accept the bid, providing they can find a replacement on loan.

One potential candidate doing the rounds is Valencia defender Ezequiel Garay, who was heavily linked with Juve two years ago.

The Argentine has put injury problems behind him to start Los Che’s last seven League games but is 32 and has only 18 months left on his contract.

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
130539 messaggi

Home

Benatia rejected Man Utd for Qatar

https://www.football-italia.net/133781/benatia-rejected-man-utd-qatar

Jan 26, 2019

Manchester United had reportedly tried to sign Medhi Benatia from Juventus last night, but he preferred to join Al-Duhail in Qatar.

The 31-year-old Morocco international asked to leave Juve so he could get more regular playing time.

There were links to numerous clubs in Italy, Europe and beyond, including Olympique Marseille and Milan.

Multiple sources suggest he is heading to Qatar with Al-Duhail, signing a three-year contract worth €5m plus bonuses.

Juventus are due to pocket €10m from the transfer fee.

However, Sportitalia claim Manchester United made a formal offer on Thursday night and were prepared to match the €10m fee.

Benatia demanded €4.5m per year wages, the proposal from Old Trafford was ‘only’ €3.7m, so he chose the Qatar Stars League instead.

Juventus have already replaced Benatia with Martin Caceres, paying Lazio €600,000, and his medical will be on Saturday morning.

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
130539 messaggi

Home

Benatia lands for Al-Duhail

https://www.football-italia.net/133900/report-benatia-lands-al-duhail

Jan 28, 2019

Medhi Benatia has reportedly landed in Qatar for his medical with Al-Duhail ahead of his proposed transfer from Juventus.

According to Tuttosport, Benatia will still become an Al-Duhail player despite Juve potentially losing Leonardo Bonucci for a month.

The Bianconeri are expected to receive €10m for the 31-year-old and replace him with the returning Martin Caceres.

Caceres underwent a medical at the weekend and his move from Lazio should be confirmed once the Moroccan completes his switch to the Doha club.

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
130539 messaggi

Home

OFFICIAL: Benatia joins Al-Duhail

Ufficiale Juventus, ceduto Benatia: «Grazie, è stato un piacere»

https://www.football-italia.net/133908/official-benatia-joins-al-duhail

Jan 28, 2019

Medhi Benatia has officially left Juventus to join Qatari champions Al-Duhail in a deal worth up to €10m.

A statement on Juve’s official website confirms Al-Duhail will pay €8m in two instalments for Benatia, as well as a further €2m in bonuses.

The defender made 59 appearances for the Bianconeri in two-and-a-half seasons, winning two Scudetti and reaching a Champions League Final.

However, the 31-year-old fell down the Old Lady’s pecking order at the back following the return of Leonardo Bonucci last summer.

The Moroccan will be replaced by Martin Caceres, who has already passed a medical with Juve ahead of a third spell at the club.

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
130539 messaggi

Home

Benatia: Why I chose Qatar...

https://www.football-italia.net/134390/benatia-why-i-chose-qatar

Feb 8, 2019

Former Juventus defender Medhi Benatia claims he moved to Qatar because of his children. “I want them to grow up in an Islamic environment.”

Milan, Arsenal, Manchester United and Olympique Marseille were all linked with Benatia before he chose to leave Juve for Al-Duhail last month, and the Morocco captain explained faith meant more to him than prestige.

“I think everyone should respect my choice because it was the right one for my family and I,” the 31-year-old said at his official unveiling.

“I want my children to grow up in an Islamic environment. I also chose Qatar because there are more Moroccan players here.

“Al-Duhail is the best option for me and my family. I want to win many trophies with this team.

“I’ve worn the jerseys of important clubs like Roma, Bayern Munich and Juventus. I’ve won several trophies but now I have other objectives and I think we can win the Asian Champions League.”

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti