Vai al contenuto
Accedi per seguire   
Socrates

Medhi Benatia

130732 messaggi

34e7ujn.jpg

OFFICIAL: Juventus sign Benatia from Bayern

The 29-year-old Morocco international returns to Serie A after two years at the Allianz Arena

to become the Italian champions' third signing after Miralem Pjanic and Dani Alves.

http://www.goal.com/en-gb/news/2892/transfer-zone/2016/07/15/25662802/-?

Jul 15, 2016

Juventus have signed Medhi Benatia on loan from Bayern Munich with the option of making the deal permanent in 2017.

The former Roma defender, who joined Bayern for €26 million in 2014, will spend the next year in Turin for a loan fee of €3m.

If Juve wish to make the deal permanent, they have the option of shelling out a further €17m to seal his signature next May.

Benatia is no stranger to Serie A, having spent four years in Italy with Udinese and Roma before his move to the Bundesliga.

He made 46 appearances over two seasons at Bayern under Pep Guardiola, scoring three goals.

Benatia becomes Juve's third signing of the transfer window following the acquisitions of Miralem Pjanic and Dani Alves, with the Bianconeri now turning their attention to Gonzalo Higuain.

Condividi questo messaggio

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
130732 messaggi

smrn9d.jpg

Medhi Benatia to Juventus: Latest Loan

Details, Comments, Reaction

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2650624-mehdi-benatia-

to-juventus-latest-loan-details-comments-reaction?

Jul 15, 2016

Juventus have announced the signing of Bayern Munich defender Medhi Benatia on loan, with the deal including an option to make the move permanent.

The club confirmed the news on Friday via their official website, one day after the former AS Roma man took his medical with the club. Per the report, the loan will cost the Bianconeri €3 million. The option to make the move permanent is for €17 million and has to be paid before May 30, 2017.

Here's a look at the club's latest addition:

Benatia leaves the Bundesliga champions after just two seasons, with his time in Bavaria not working out as he would have hoped.

Injuries restricted the 29-year-old to just 22 appearances last term, with only 14 coming in the Bundesliga.

Nevertheless, according to Squawka, he still averaged a successful tackle in each league game, won 49 headed duels and made 36 interceptions, demonstrating both his aerial prowess and impressive reading of the game.

He's also comfortable with the ball at his feet, maintaining an 89 per cent passing accuracy in that time.

WhoScored.com added further insight into his defensive capabilities:

Mehdi Benatia: Averaged more clearances per game (2.3) than any other Bayern player to make 10+ apps in the Bundesliga this season

Here are some of his highlights and the kind of skills supporters can expect to see from him next season:

As solid a player as Benatia is, with the arrival of Mats Hummels, Bayern now boast an incredible array of defensive talent, which also includes Jerome Boateng and Javi Martinez. The versatility of Joshua Kimmich and David Alaba can also help.

Juventus have just as much defensive depth, but the team plays with three centre-backs and needed to find a replacement for Martin Caceres, who left the club as a free agent, per Tuttomercatoweb (h/tFootball Italia). 

Benatia and Daniele Rugani will now be the main back-ups to the star trio of Leonardo Bonucci, Giorgio Chiellini and Andrea Barzagli.

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
130732 messaggi

34e7ujn.jpg

Juventus seal Medhi Benatia loan deal

with option to buy from Bayern Munich

http://www.espnfc.co.uk/story/2913267/juventus-seal-

medhi-benatia-loan-deal-with-option-to-buy-from-bayern

Jul 15, 2016

Juventus have signed Bayern Munich defender Medhi Benatia on a season-long loan.

The deal also includes an option for the Bianconeri to make the switch permanent for the price of €17 million over a two-year period.

The Morocco international arrived in Turin to complete his medical on Thursday morning.

A statement on the club's website read: "Juventus finalised an agreement with FC Bayern Munich.

"Benatia will arrive on loan for €3m, pending international clearance. Juventus have an option to buy for €17m, payable in two instalments, to be activated by May 30, 2017."

The 29-year-old has enjoyed spells with Udinese and Roma before leaving theGiallorossi for Bayern in 2014.

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
130732 messaggi

34e7ujn.jpg

OFFICIALLY OFFICIAL: Juventus sign Bayern Munich defender

Medhi Banatia on loan with option to buy from Bayern Munich

http://www.blackwhitereadallover.com/2016/7/15/12187072/

medhi-benatia-juventus-bayern-munich-2016-serie-a-transfers

Jul 15, 2016

In the past, when I've heard a rumor about Medhi Benatia joining Juventus, I've treated it just as such. Maybe that's because of the fact that one of the main sources of said rumors of the past has been Tuttosport, I dunno. But, when you think about it, a lot of the Benatia-Juventus rumors over the past 18 months or so proved to be, well, just your typical transfer rumors.

Until now.

The rumors are no longer simply rumors. Or, maybe we can just say all of the rumors we thought were a bunch of crap are now turning out to be true. Juventus has added its latest signing for the summer of 2016. Benatia, who left Italy as one of the best defenders Serie A had to offer two years ago, is back where he made a name for himself. The 29-year-old Moroccan has undergone his medical examinations at JMedical, he's signed his contract and his loan deal from Bayern Munich to Juventus is now officially done as "officially done" gets.

Benatia is also reportedly set to earn €2.9 million this season, a pay cut of over €1 million from his €4 million annual salary that he earned during his time with Bayern Munich.

Some official details on the deal, courtesy of the good folks who run Juventus' website:

Juventus Football Club can this evening confirm that Medhi Benatia has joined the club on a season-long loan deal from Bayern Munich for a fee of €3 million, to be paid at the international transfer release.

The agreement also provides Juventus with the option to purchase the defender on a permanent basis for a price of €17 million, to be paid over two financial years. This option must be exercised before 30 May 2017.

Good. Very, very good. I like that, thus the reason I am describing said transaction by Juventus' front office as "Good. Very, very good."

Benatia arrives in Italy clearly in a different kind of situation as when he left after a standout 2013-14 campaign with Roma. Back then, he was one of the best central defenders in Serie A and Europe as a whole. Roma, doing what Roma does, cashed in on their latest prized asset. He subsequently spent the next two years in Munich dealing with a lack of playing time and a body that couldn't stay healthy.

He will be a reserve with Juventus, that's no doubt. But if the goal is to test out on a season-long loan and then see what there is after 10 months, then who are we to judge, right? The loan deal doesn't have an obligation to buy, rather just a simple yes/no option. If it doesn't work, then it doesn't work and back to Bayern he goes. If Benatia does play well, then Juve have a player that can certainly contribute in some shape or form.

Medhi Benatia: Only 1 player with 10+ CL apps in the last 2 seasons has made an interception more often than@MedhiBenatia (every 22.8 mins)

(That player was Simone Padoin. Okay, I'm kidding.)

Hey, so I guess his time at Bayern wasn't that bad. And he got to celebrate winning titles while in Germany, which hopefully comes in handy over however long his Juventus career may end up being.

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
130732 messaggi

swcy9l.png

Benatia: 'I promise Juventus success'

http://www.football-italia.net/87419/benatia-i-promise-juventus-success

Jul 15, 2016

Medhi Benatia promised Juventus fans “the utmost effort and a lot of success” after his move from Bayern Munich.

This evening the defender completed his transfer, on loan for €3m with option to buy for €17m by May 2017.

“The first two days have gone well, I had a lot to do, including the medical,” Benatia told JTV.

“I am very happy, it’s a very important day for me and I can’t wait to get started with this squad.

“I salute all the fans. I promise you the utmost effort and a lot of success.

“Forza Juve.”

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
130732 messaggi

swcy9l.png

Benatia: 'I wanted Juve a year ago'

http://www.football-italia.net/87458/benatia-i-wanted-juve-year-ago

Jul 16, 2016

Medhi Benatia said he wanted Juventus a year ago and is happy to “challenge myself against the monsters” in defence.

The centre-back arrived on loan from Bayern Munich for €3m with an option to buy for a further €17m in May 2017.

“I was given a very warm welcome from fans, players and the club,” said Benatia in a Press conference.

“Everyone told me that Juve have an important project to keep winning and not just in Italy. It is the objective to be competitive internationally and win the Champions League after many years.

“I have to get back to work to start this new adventure and keep winning.”

Last term Juventus went out of the Champions League to Benatia’s Bayern Munich.

“It was a shame to play such a great tie in the Round of 16, as both Bayern and Juve deserved to be in the Final. It was tough, the year before they reached the Final against Barcelona. The objective for Juve is to stay at the top with the biggest clubs and win.

“Bayern is a big club with many champions. I had two difficult years with a few too many injuries, while it was already known I wanted to come back to Italy for my family, the lifestyle and the football. I am closer to the Italian mentality than German, so Juve were a natural choice.

“I had already asked Bayern and Rummenigge to be sold a year ago, but Bayern refused and I had to remain for another year. I had contact with Juve over the last three weeks, I had other options, but I am very happy with this choice.

“I could’ve avoided the competition for places and return to Udinese, but I want to challenge myself. It’s amazing to be alongside these three monsters, Barzagli, Bonucci and Chiellini, while Rugani is also very strong.

“I will try my hardest whenever called upon and respect the choices of the Coach. I prefer to play in a four-man defence, as that is more natural to me, but at Udinese I did play in three, so I am at the disposal of the Coach.”

Benatia is given a reunion with his old Roma teammate Miralem Pjanic in Turin.

“I chose shirt Number 4. The little prince Pjanic picked 5 a week ago, while it was worn by that great defender Paulo Montero in the past.

“Pjanic said to me ‘finally you’re here!’ Miralem is a great friend, we were roommates at Roma and stayed together in training too. I am happy to see him again, he’s a great player and will certainly be important for Juventus.”

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
130732 messaggi

swcy9l.png

Benatia: 'Juve for Champions League'

http://www.football-italia.net/87459/benatia-juve-champions-league

Jul 16, 2016

Medhi Benatia confirmed he shares a very specific goal with Juventus. “We want to win the Champions League.”

The defender arrived from Bayern Munich on loan for €3m with an option to buy for €17m.

“I want to win the Champions League, as it’s what I haven’t won and what Juve are without since 1996.

“We can also make history in Italy, as nobody has won the Scudetto six years in a row,” he told JTV after the formal Press conference.

“I am very happy to be back in Italy and, to be honest, I just couldn’t wait. My family and I struggled in Germany for two years, as they have a different mentality to the Italians and I really belong here.

“The opportunity for me to come to this club is very important. I try to help out in attack, but I am here to defend, to battle and I like it when my team doesn’t concede.

“It’s fun to score two or three goals per season, but my main focus has to be on defending.”

Benatia is reunited with his old Roma teammate Miralem Pjanic in Turin.

“Before I came here to Juve, I spoke to Pjanic almost every day. I am sure he’ll do great things at Juve.”

Does he have any particular nicknames?

“At Udinese the staff used to call me Benagol, as I scored a fair few goals there, but at Roma they referred to me as Bena.”

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
130732 messaggi

swcy9l.png

Bayern Munich's Medhi Benatia happy to return to Italy with Juventus

http://www.espnfc.co.uk/italian-serie-a/story/2913531/bayern-munichs-

medhi-benatia-happy-to-return-to-italy-with-juventus

Jul 16, 2016

Medhi Benatia says he is happy to return to Italy with Juventus after spending two seasons at Bayern Munich.

Benatia, 29, signed a one-year loan deal with the Serie A champions on Friday after failing to command a starting place with Bayern.

The Morocco international defender is now focused on helping Juve retain the league title for a sixth season and improving on their run to the quarterfinals in the Champions League.

He told a news conference: "I wanted to return to Italy and to join Juventus was a logical choice for me. The aim is to retain our supremacy in Italy and be competitive in Europe. I don't think Juventus are missing a whole lot to win the Champions League.

"I can play both in a three and four-man defence. I'm available to help the team whatever the formation."

Benatia will link up with former Roma teammate Miralem Pjanic in Turin -- something he is looking forward to.

"Miralem is a great player and friend of mine," he added. "I feel happy and fortunate to play with him again."

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
130732 messaggi

34e7ujn.jpg

Logical choice Juve can challenge for Champions League - Benatia

The former Roma defender, who joins the Old Lady after a spell at Bayern Munich, was keen to return

to Serie A and is already looking forward to be reunited with Miralem Pjanic.

http://www.goal.com/en/news/723/serie-a/2016/07/16/25686982/-?

Jul 16, 2016

Medhi Benatia says Juventus were the logical choice for him and he believes they are close to mounting a serious challenge for the Champions League.

The Morocco international joined Bayern Munich from Roma in August 2014, but he failed to become an undisputed starter at the Bavarian side - partially due to injury problems - and was therefore keen to move on.

Benatia signed a one-year loan deal with Juventus on Friday and he is keen to challenge for trophies with his new club.

"I wanted to return to Italy and to join Juventus was a logical choice for me," the 29-year-old said at a news conference.

"The aim is to retain our supremacy in Italy and be competitive in Europe. I don't think Juventus are missing a whole lot to win the Champions League.

"I can play both in a three and four-man defence. I'm available to help the team whatever the formation."

Benatia will be reunited with former Roma team-mate Miralem Pjanic in Turin and he is delighted to team up with the creative midfielder once more.

"Miralem is a great player and friend of mine," he added. "I feel happy and fortunate to play with him again."

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
130732 messaggi

34e7ujn.jpg

Juventus May Harm Development of Daniele Rugani

with Medhi Benatia Signing

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2652668-juventus-may-harm-

development-of-daniele-rugani-with-medhi-benatia-signing?

Jul 20, 2016

There is little doubt that Juventus intend to make 2016/17 the season where their domestic superiority finally translates into tangible success in Europe, something coach Massimiliano Allegri discussed earlier this month.

“Winning the sixth Scudetto is our primary objective this season, as well as having a good Champions League campaign,” the former AC Milan boss explained to JTV (h/t the official Juventus website). “And when I say a good Champions League campaign, I mean our objective needs to be to go as far as possible and win it.”

The Bianconeri have undoubtedly had that objective at the forefront of their planning this summer, as the signings of Miralem Pjanic and DaniAlves clearly indicated.

Last week saw a third new arrival, and Bayern Munich defender MedhiBenatia certainly fits in with what appears to be a desperate desire to contend with UEFA’s elite clubs.

The Moroccan defender, 29, signs on a season-long loan with the option to make his move permanent. #WelcomeBenatia

According to a statement on Juve’s official website, they paid a fee of €3 million to bring the Morocco international to the club on a season-long loan, while also having an option to make the deal permanent for €17 million in July 2017.

Born in the French city of Courcoronnes, Benatia's career thus far has taken on some interesting twists, but he will be hoping that a return to Italy and Serie A will help him rediscover his best form. 

He started out in the youth sector of Olympique de Marseille, only to be sent for loan spells with Tours and FC Lorient before being sold on to Clermont in the summer of 2008. Two impressive seasons with theLigue 2 outfit brought him to the attention of Udinese where Benatiawould steadily improve almost every aspect of his play. 

7c5a6d014c7429af8320705fbb83d1c0_crop_ex

whoscored.com

In total he would play in Friuli for three years, making 97 appearances and showing superb tactical awareness. Standing 6' 3" (1.90 metres), he is capable of handling physical opponents but also reads the game well, his ability on the ball impressing AS Roma, who signed him in the summer of 2013.

It was with the Giallorossi that Benatia truly shone, the following campaign providing a complete showcase of his talents. According to statistics provided by WhoScored.com, he would average an impressive 2.1 tackles, 2.8 interceptions and 6.3 clearances per game as part of a vastly improved defensive unit.

0.5 - #Roma conceded 0.5 goals per game on average in the Serie A 2013-14 with Mehdi Benatia on pitch - 1.1 goals without him. Courted.

Roma would achieve their highest-ever points total in 2013/14, an achievement due in no small part to the fact their back line conceded just 25 times over the entire campaign. The above tweet from OPTAhighlights just how vital Benatia was to that solidity, while he also weighed in with a career-best tally of five goals.

Most came on set pieces, but it was his defensive abilities which prompted Bayern Munich to end his stay in the Italian capital after just one season after something of a bitter contract dispute took place.

11 - Medhi Benatia scored 11 goals in Serie A between 2010/14, fewer only than Matías Silvestre (12) among defenders over this period. Back.

In a statement on Roma’s official website (h/t FourFourTwo), club president James Pallotta revealed a verbal agreement had been struck on a new deal, only for Benatia to deny it.

The owner continued:

Over the following month he lied about wanting to stay and about the details of his compensation to both [coach] Rudi Garcia and his team-mates. 

Lying to me was one thing which I can somewhat handle. Lying to Rudi Garcia and his team-mates was completely unacceptable to me. 

I told [sporting director] Walter Sabatini he was becoming a poison and I wanted him gone, and Rudi and Walter agreed. 

It wasn't about the money; it was about having character in our locker room.

The Bavarian giants revealed they paid €25 million for the player, per Reuters (h/t Yahoo Sports), but—while the issues with Roma dissolved—he would never deliver on his potential in Germany as two injury-hit campaigns limited Benatia to just 46 total appearances.

Yet he also won consecutive Bundesliga titles and the German Cup, learning to play under intense pressure at a club where winning is deemed the normal result.

He arrives in Turin enriched by the experience of such a high-pressure environment and will provide excellent back-up to the established trio of Andrea Barzagli, Leonardo Bonucci and Giorgio Chiellini.

hi-res-972c588c9c7e083ceda74f87b1a2e5df_

Gabriele Maltinti/Getty Images

But Benatia's arrival is a threat to Daniele Rugani, the promising young Italian having already found opportunities difficult to come by in his first season with the Bianconeri. The former Empoli man managed just 11 league starts last term, and he is almost certain to slip behind the new arrival in the pecking order.

The one positive to the situation seems to be Rugani’s maturity and desire to grow, though, as he explained in an interview with Tuttosport(h/t Football Italia) what the season under the guidance of Allegri had done for his development:

To stay in the Juventus group you need to always be more determined, even taking risks with some interventions and getting a yellow card.

The Coach has often told me to become more aggressive, not more dirty.

I only think about working, Allegri decides. I’m available like the other players, I’ll always respect the decision of the Coach.

I was interested in making the jump up to Juve and to enter a group formed of great champions.

I don’t want to break up the Barzagli-Bonucci-Chiellini block, but give my contribution and make myself ready in case I’m needed.

I’m happy with the chances given to me, after a start that was a little difficult.

Rugani's ability and potential are unquestionable, but the signing ofBenatia may lead him to question that bigger-picture view and could shape the next few years of his career.

Still only 21, time is on his side, but if he yearns to play regularly, then he and Juventus may be forced into some difficult choices.

According to figures from Who Scored, Rugani recorded averages of 1.7 tackles, 1.4 interceptions and 2.8 clearances per game last term, shrugging off some early nerves to prove he should be playing for such a prestigious club.

In that aforementioned interview, he added that he hopes to “stay for many years and I’ll do everything to deserve staying for as long as possible,” but the signing of yet another high-quality defender may lead him to reconsider that stance.

hi-res-ff63a3611e3d5c82e84490638572c2cb_

Marco Luzzani/Getty Images

He would have no shortage of offers, with Sport Italia (h/tFootball Italia) noting interest from Arsenal, Napoli and AC Milan in recent weeks, thoughJuventus are thought to be steadfastly against any exit.

“The aim this season is that of retaining the Scudetto but also to be increasingly competitive in Europe as well," Benatia said at his firstpress conference with the club. "It’s undoubtedly our objective to confirm our position among the elite clubs on the continent.”

He may help them accomplish that, but it could well be at the expense of Rugani's future. It is a delicate situation, one which must be handled carefully as winning the Champions League would see Juventus reap untold benefits and raise their profile immeasurably.

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
130732 messaggi

swcy9l.png

Benatia: ‘Pogba attached to Juventus’

http://www.football-italia.net/87751/benatia-‘pogba-attached-juventus’

Jul 22, 2016

Medhi Benatia says his friend Paul Pogba is “very attached” to Juventus - “we hope he’ll stay”.

The midfielder is being linked with a world-record move to Manchester United, though the Bianconeri are playing hardball over the fee.

“Paul is a friend of mine,” Benatia, who joined the Old Lady this summer, told Tuttosport.

“He’s very attached to this club, despite the fact that there’s talk of his departure every year. I don’t know if he’ll leave, but we hope he stays.

“He’s a great player, he can help us in the Champions League. If the club decides to sell and he wants to leave, I’ll wish him good luck.

“I can only hope Paul makes the right choice.”

Juve have made no secret of the fact they’re pursuing the Champions League this year, and Benatia believes it’s a realistic target.

“Juventus were already very strong and equipped to win the trophy, so much so that two seasons ago they got to the final and last year they didn’t deserve to go out in the Last 16 against Bayern [Munich].

“With my friend Mire [Miralem Pjanic] this team will become even more poweful.

“I’ve known him since my days at Roma, but there’s not only him, I get along well with everyone. I’m happy to have found [Kwadwo] Asamoah here after the experience at Udinese, and the same goes for [Roberto] Pereyra.

“Mire told me he wasn’t sure I was coming, because I had a lot of offers and whenever he called me I couldn’t say I’d signed anything.

“But I was thinking and Juventus interested me. I’m happy for him and I hope he has a great season.”

Finally, the centre-back was asked about another new signing, Marko Pjaca, and the potential arrival of Gonzalo Higuain from Napoli.

“They’re very valuable players,” Benatia noted.

“One is young and talented, the other has already done great things in his career. [Coach Max] Allegri has said it: If the club wants him and the Argentine is willing to come, he’d be welcome and he’d help us win.

“That said, we shouldn't think as though we’re already champions of Italy and the path is smooth - it’s not.”

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
130732 messaggi

swcy9l.png

Benatia: 'Ready to win'

http://www.football-italia.net/88311/benatia-ready-win?

Jul 25, 2016

Medhi Benatia says he is 'ready' to face Tottenham Hotspur, and believes Juventus 'must keep winning in all tournaments'.

The central defender was among the first great signings in what is proving to be one of the most memorable transfer campaigns the Old Lady ever had.

“I am ready,” Benatia told the Press, ahead of tomorrow's International Champions Cup game against the English team. “This is an important test and the best way to confront it is by treating it like a championship game.

“Tottenham are a good team, they had an excellent campaign last year and they've got plenty of quality. These are important games for us in order to prepare well for the beginning of the season. This year we must keep winning, and in every competition."

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
130732 messaggi

swcy9l.png

Benatia: ‘Can’t wait for Juventus’

http://www.football-italia.net/88553/benatia-‘can’t-wait-juventus’

Jul 30, 2016

Medhi Benatia “can’t wait” to link-up with the rest of the Juventus team after the pre-season tour.

The Bianconeri completed their tour of Australia and the Far East today, with the centre-back scoring in a 2-1 win over South China AA.

Those players who were involved in Euro 2016 have been working at Vinovo while the rest of the team was on tour, and Benatia looks forward to joining the likes of Gigi Buffon and Gonzalo Higuain.

“We worked hard and played well, which was the objective of this trip,” Benatia said after today’s match.

“Everyone played and there were no injuries, so that’s important. We have a good, young group, we’ve all shown the boss [Max Allegri] that we’re happy to be together and want to do well.

“First I have to defend my goal as I’ve always done, then I’ve always scored too. I like to score and you always have to believe.

“On a personal level I’m physically fine and I’m sure I can really help the team. These goals don’t count for much though, I’m waiting for the big games and I can’t wait to get started.

“I’m happy to be going back to Italy, I’m happy here and Juve is a family. I can’t wait to play with the champions who are waiting for us in Italy.”

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
130732 messaggi

swcy9l.png

Benatia: ‘Juventus want the treble’

http://www.football-italia.net/89903/benatia-‘juventus-want-treble’?

Aug 17, 2016

Juventus defender Medhi Benatia sets lofty goals for the coming season - “we want to win all the trophies we’re involved in”.

The Moroccan international has joined the Bianconeri on loan from Bayern Munich, and is looking to compete for the Champions League.

“Don’t forget that two years ago Juve were in the final of the Champions League and were unlucky against Bayern last season,” Benatia pointed out in an interview with mountakhab.net.

“This is a team that was already strong, and I think it’s been strengthened with the arrival of Gonzalo Higuain in particular, as well as all the other quality players who joined the club this summer.

“Obviously when a club invests like that, the message is clear. The priority is to win the League, because if we can do it this year it’ll be six consecutive Scudetti and that would be a record no other club has been able to achieve.

“Then there’s the Coppa Italia and the Champions League. I won’t hide that we want to win all the trophies we’re involved in and working for.

“Before us are opponents who will try to cause us problems, but we have to start the matches with the mentality that we must win it all this season.”

To break into the team, Benatia will have to unseat one of the famous BBC defence - Andrea Barzagli, Leonardo Bonucci and Giorgio Chiellini.

“They weren’t just strong during the Euros, it’s been that way for several years. They’re three great players, they might be the best in the world in their positions, especially when they play together since they know one another so well.

“I know that at Juve there are 55 games to play, so we’ll need everyone. This year we can see that every position is well-stocked, whether that’s defence, midfield or attack - there are top players all around.

“I don’t really think about competition, just about training well. When the Coach [Max Allegri] calls on me I’ll give my all.

“There’s competition everywhere, if you look at Barcelona, Real Madrid or Bayern Munich. I think every team which wants to win every trophy needs 20 players of the same level, not just 11.

“This year I think Juve are lucky to have good players in every position and that’ll be a strength for us.

“I hope above all to be fit and not injured. It’s well-known that I had a lot of injuries in the past two years in Germany. Every day I pray injuries stay away, that’s the most important thing for me.

“I’m here to help my team, and I’m available to the Coach. When I go to sleep at night I don’t think about starting, but about working and being in shape. That’s all that interests me.

“The most important thing now is to continue to work - above all physically - to be ready for the new season.

“In a team like Juve you play a lot of games, almost three matches a week and so now is the time to do physical work so we’re all fit.

“Personally I’m getting on well with my teammates on the pitch and I was lucky enough to score two goals but they were friendly matches so it’s not very important.

“I like the Italian mentality a lot and I’m very happy to be at an Italian club like Juve. It’s just a joy to be here really.”

The centre-back also revealed advice from his national team Coach Herve Renard.

“When I called to tell him I was going to Juventus he was very happy for me, because he knew I wanted to go back to Italy.

“Like he said to me, Juventus are a great club so I was leaving one great club to join another on the same level.”

Finally, Benatia was asked about his relationship with Miralem Pjanic, with the pair having played together at Roma.

“Sure, he’s a very good friend of mine. Everyone knows the ties of friendship which bind us since our moves to Roma. It’s a good thing for me to have a friend like him in the team.

“Apart from him, there are good lads in this squad and everyone wants to work well. There’s a good mentality.”

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
130732 messaggi

swcy9l.png

Benatia: ‘Roma will fight for Scudetto’

http://www.football-italia.net/89962/benatia-‘roma-will-fight-scudetto’

Aug 18, 2016

Juventus defender Medhi Benatia expects his old team Roma to “be there until the end” for the Scudetto.

The centre-back spent the 2013-14 season with the Giallorossi before leaving to join Bayern Munich.

After injuries limited his impact in Bavaria, the 29-year-old has returned to Serie A, joining the Bianconeri on loan.

“Roma look good,” Benatia told Sky.

“Roma are a great team in my opinion, they have a lot of quality and also a great Coach. [Luciano] Spalletti is very astute. I think Roma will be there until the end.

“After that it depends, there’s Inter who have had an interesting transfer campaign. Milan have taken [Vincenzo] Montella, who is a great Coach.”

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
130732 messaggi

swcy9l.png

‘Champions League an objective’

http://www.football-italia.net/89966/‘champions-league-objective’

Aug 18, 2016

Juventus defender Medhi Benatia admits the Champions League is “an objective” but “it’ll be very difficult”.

The Bianconeri have won five Scudetti in a row, and lifted the Coppa Italia in each of the past two seasons, but Europe’s top club competition has so far eluded them.

Massimiliano Allegri’s side were beaten in the final by Barcelona in 2015, and last year lost a close Last 16 tie to Bayern Munich after extra time.

“We’re happy that the season is getting underway,” Benatia explained to Sky ahead of the start of Serie A on Saturday.

“There’s great expectation on Juve, for the League, because right now it seems obvious [we’ll win it] but it’s not like that. It’ll be difficult, but we’re ready.

“When you come to Juve you have to know what it takes to win and I know that, so that’s why I came. We really want to win the Scudetto, that’s our main objective and we’ll do everything to conquer it.

“It’s a very beautiful thing to win the Champions League, but it doesn’t happen every year. It’s a dream though, and while it may seem like something impossible I think this squad and this club is doing everything right to lift that trophy.

“It will be very difficult, because obviously it’s not just us trying to win it, but it has to be an objective.”

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
130732 messaggi

swcy9l.png

Benatia: 'At Juventus to rewrite history'

http://www.football-italia.net/90005/benatia-juventus-rewrite-history?

Aug 19, 2016

Medhi Benatia relies on Gonzalo Higuain and Paulo Dybala to rewrite history: 'I came to Juventus for that reason'.

The 29-year-old returned to Serie A on loan from Bayern Munich, and impressed in the pre-season by scoring against Tottenham Hotspur and South China.

“We’re happy to be kicking off the campaign this weekend,” Benatia told Sky Sports, in an interview published on Juventus' official site.

“Expectations are high and, while it may seem on the outside that success will be a formality, we can’t and won’t be taking anything for granted.

“Whoever joins Juventus has to take on board the fact that this side has a responsibility to win. I came here for that reason. We want to keep the silverware coming, even if we know it won’t be easy with stiff competition among our opponents. Our main objective is that of claiming a sixth Scudetto, which would see us rewrite the history books.

“We’ll need to pick up from where we left off at the end of last season and also give something extra in order to dream big in Europe as well. The word ‘dream’ might make it seem like an impossible aim, but I firmly believe that this club and this team are working towards winning it. It will be tough but it needs to be our objective."

Speaking of his teammates, the Moroccan singled out Gianluigi Buffon as a model he looks up to.

“Up front we’re fortunate to have great players among our ranks. If Higuain and Dybala were to hit the same sort of numbers as last season and we keep things tight at the back, then we’d be making solid steps towards the title.

“Regarding our rearguard, it’s a pleasure working with such great defenders that you can learn a lot from. Then there’s the captain. I’ve come up against him many times in the past and I’ve always had immense respect for his career and what he stands for. He’s a role model for all youngsters.”

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
130732 messaggi

swcy9l.png

Serie A trio for Africa award

http://www.football-italia.net/93007/serie-trio-africa-award?

Oct 16, 2016

Mohamed Salah of Roma, Napoli’s Kalidou Koulibaly and Juventus defender Medhi Benatia are up for the African Player of the Year Award.

The trophy was won by Borussia Dortmund hitman – and former Milan youth team player – Pierre-Emerick Aubameyang last season.

A shortlist of 30 nominees was unveiled and there are three Serie A figures on there.

Egypt international winger Salah has been on sparkling form for Roma, while Napoli and Senegal centre-back Koulibaly was the subject of a €60m offer from Chelsea this summer.

Moroccan defender Benatia joined Juventus on loan with option to buy from Bayern Munich.

African Player of the Year Nominees

Riyad Mahrez (Algeria & Leicester City), El Arabi Hillel Soudani (Algeria & Dinamo Zagreb), Islam Slimani (Algeria & Leicester City), Samuel Eto’o (Cameroon & Antalyaspor), Benjamin Mounkandjo (Cameroon & Lorient), Serge Aurier (Ivory Coast & Paris St Germain), Eric Bailly (Ivory Coast & Manchester United), Gervinho (Ivory Coast & Hebei Fortune), Mohamed Salah (Egypt and Roma), Mohamed Elneny (Egypt & Arsenal), Pierre-Emerick Aubameyang (Gabon & Borussia Dortmund), Andre Ayew (Ghana & West Ham), Victor Wanyama (Kenya & Tottenham), William Jebor (Liberia & Wydad Athletic Club), Mehdi Benatia (Morocco & Juventus), Hakim Ziyech (Morocco & Ajax), Mikel John Obi (Nigeria & Chelsea), Kelechi Iheanacho (Nigeria & Manchester City), Ahmed Musa (Nigeria & Leicester City), Cedric Bakambu (DR Congo & Villarreal), Yannick Bolasie (DR Congo & Everton), Sadio Mane (Senegal & Liverpool), Kalidou Koulibaly (Senegal & Napoli), Keegan Dolly (South Africa & Mamelodi Sundowns), Itumeleng Khune (South Africa & Kaizer Chiefs), Mbwana Samatta (Tanzania & Genk), Aymen Abdennour (Tunisia & Valencia), Wahbi Khazri (Tunisia & Sunderland), Dennis Onyango (Uganda & Mamelodi Sundowns), Khama Billiat (Zimbabwe & Mamelodi Sundowns)

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
130732 messaggi

swcy9l.png

Spartak Moscow eye Benatia

http://www.football-italia.net/96121/spartak-moscow-eye-benatia

Dec 24, 2016

Spartak Moscow are considering a proposal for Bayern Munich defender Medhi Benatia, if Juventus don’t take up their option.

According to Russian media Izvestia, the Morocco international is a target for Spartak and their Coach Massimo Carrera.

Benatia is still owned by Bayern Munich, though he is currently on loan at Juve with a €17m option to buy at the end of the season.

It seems frankly unlikely the Bianconeri would release him halfway through the campaign, especially as they continue to deal with injuries to defenders Andrea Barzagli, Leonardo Bonucci and Dani Alves.

Having said that, Benatia has made only 10 competitive appearances for the club this season, seven in Serie A and three for the Champions League.

Daniele Rugani has seemingly surpassed the 29-year-old in the pecking order.

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
130732 messaggi

xlf6gm.gif

Medhi Benatia says he is staying

at Juventus despite transfer speculation

http://www.espnfc.co.uk/story/3027632/medhi-benatia-says

-he-is-staying-at-juventus-despite-transfer-speculation

Dec 28, 2016

Juventus defender Medhi Benatia has dismissed speculation that he could leave the club in January, saying he wants to stay and fight for his place.

Benatia has had limited opportunities since joining from Bayern Munich on an initial loan deal in the summer.

There have been reports of interest from clubs including Marseille and Spartak Moscow, but the 29-year-old Morocco captain said he was not entertaining the idea of leaving Turin.

"First of all I'm focusing on playing a good African Nations Cup, which is a very big objective for me, and then I will return with the ambition of being ready," he told Sky Sport Italia.

"Each time I've played, I've always tried to do my best.

"Now [Juve coach Massimiliano] Allegri is picking others, and I respect that -- I always respect the coach's decisions.

"I will be ready when called upon. We have a top quality squad, but I am certainly staying at Juventus this January."

Benatia has been an unused substitute in Juve's last four games, even with Andrea Barzagli and Leonardo Bonucci out injured.

The former Udinese and Roma defender will return to Munich in July if Juve do not take up their option to sign him permanently.

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
130732 messaggi

2yvo10i.jpg

Regardless of his future with Juventus, Medhi Benatia
likely won’t be returning to Bayern Munich

http://www.blackwhitereadallover.com/2017/1/24/14367696/medhi-benatia-

2017-transfer-news-rumors-bayern-munich-juventus-serie-a-bundesliga

Jan 24, 2017

Medhi Benatia finds himself in the kind of situation like a lot of Juventus signings since Beppe Marotta took charge of the club’s transfer dealings. He’s currently on loan, and he subsequently has an option to buy. It’s why we call them a Beppe Marotta Special, and it’s something that we’ve come to expect Juventus to do just about every summer.

Where does Benatia fit in? Well, seems like one of the ends of the equation might already be figured out.

Like the title says, regardless of his future with Juventus beyond the 2016-17 season, Benatia’s future with the club that still owns his contract, Bayern Munich, looks anything but certain. According to German outlet Kicker, Bayern plan to terminate Benatia’s contract if he doesn’t see his option to buy picked up by Juventus come the weeks before the summer transfer window.

The reasoning for it is simple — and we’ll let our friends over at Bavarian Football Workstake it from here...

Benatia is under contract with Bayern through the summer of 2019. With Niklas Süle joining Bayern this summer from Hoffenheim, there’s really no need for Benatia on the roster past this summer.

Makes sense, doesn’t it?

Juventus’ option — and that’s an actual option, not a mandatory option to buy — to make Benatia’s deal a permanent one is for €17 million, per the details of his transfer to Turin this past summer. Has Benatia done enough to give Juventus reason to spend that much on a defender that will likely be in the same role next season as he is right now? I’m not so sure. It’s not like the development and quality of Daniele Rugani has made things that much easier to get playing time, too, which means Benatia could very well be one of the most expensive fifth-choice centerbacks that there is in Europe these days.

There’s still plenty of time to evaluate Benatia as somebody Juventus wants to have on its squad beyond this summer. Or maybe a decision has already been made. But if Kicker is to believed, regardless of what Marotta decides to do with that buy option, it seems as though Benatia won’t be going back to play his football at the Allianz unless he’s on the visiting team.

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
130732 messaggi

swcy9l.png

Benatia turns down Morocco call

http://www.football-italia.net/99713/benatia-turns-down-morocco-call

Mar 15, 2017

Tifosibianconeri English page - CLICK HERE

Medhi Benatia has announced that he will stay with Juventus during the next international break, rather than playing for Morocco.

The centre-back has won 42 caps for his country, but will not accept a call-up until he is playing more regularly for the Bianconeri.

“You know the attachment I feel to my country,” Benatia wrote on his Instagram profile.

“So it’s with great emotion that I have decided to give up the next gathering of the national team until the situation at my club evolves.

“It’s a difficult decision for me, but one which was well thought-out. You have to look at the evidence, I’m not a starter for my club and it’s therefore difficult for me to be as competitive as I would like for the national team.

“Despite my lack of playing time, they’ve continued to show faith in me, but now I find it unfair to accept a call-up when I’m short of playing time, taking the place of a player who is more ready.

“Despite my status as captain, I’m not above the rules and I don’t think it would be correct, out of respect for the Coach, who needs players who are regularly involved with their clubs and players who are performing at their clubs and deserve to be called-up.

“As you can see, right now I have to do everything to get more playing time with my club. As soon as I get a run of games, and if the national team needs me, I would of course answer the call.

“For 10 years I’ve always given my all when representing Morocco, despite the difficulties encountered.

“It always has been and always will be an honour to represent my country.

“I am, and always will be, the number one supporter of Morocco.”

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
130732 messaggi

swcy9l.png

Benatia injury 'not serious'

http://www.football-italia.net/99760/benatia-injury-not-serious

Mar 16, 2017

Medhi Benatia has avoided a serious injury to his thigh, but Juventus will be monitoring the situation daily.

The defender limped off during Tuesday’s Champions League victory over Porto.

Tests today confirmed there is a slight strain in the adductor region of the right thigh, but is not serious.

A statement from the club noted it will require daily monitoring and prudence ahead of more tests next week.

It’s unlikely Benatia will be risked for this weekend’s Serie A match against Sampdoria.

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
130732 messaggi

swcy9l.png

Juventus to sign Benatia outright

http://www.football-italia.net/100407/juventus-sign-benatia-outright

Mar 30, 2017

Juventus have reportedly decided to make Medhi Benatia’s loan move from Bayern Munich permanent.

The centre-back joined the Bianconeri on a €3m loan last summer, with the option to make the move permanent for a further €17m.

If they wish to take up that option, the Italian champions must do so by May 30, and Goal is reporting that they have decided they want Benatia permanently.

There are excellent relations between the two clubs, so there should be no problems confirming the deal, especially as Kingsley Coman should permanently join the Bavarians this summer.

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
130732 messaggi

swcy9l.png

TV airs racist insult to Benatia

http://www.football-italia.net/102205/tv-airs-racist-insult-benatia

May 7, 2017

Juventus defender Medhi Benatia stormed out of a Rai Sport interview when someone made a racist remark.

The Morocco international was speaking to Rai after the 1-1 draw with Torino, which saw Afriyie Acquah controversially sent off for two yellow cards.

Just as Benatia started explaining that he thought these were indeed bookable offences, a voice was heard in his earpiece that said: “What are you talking about? Moroccan ****.”

At this point, Benatia walked away, but it’s not clear who said this comment.

It was probably a technician in the studio who left his microphone on and accidentally allowed Benatia to hear him.

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti