Accedi per seguire   
Socrates

Douglas Costa

130542 messaggi

swcy9l.png

Costa skips Bayern training

http://www.football-italia.net/105552/report-costa-skips-bayern-training

Jul 10, 2017

It’s reported Douglas Costa didn’t train with Bayern Munich today, so a move to Juventus could be close.

The Bianconeri have been in talks for the winger for well over a month, but there has been a breakthrough in recent days, with the Bavarian club confirming a deal could happen “very soon”.

Tonight Sky is reporting that Costa has told the club he wants to leave, and didn’t train with his teammates today.

It’s thought that he’ll sign on a one-year loan, with an obligation to buy next summer.

Part of the reason for the breakthrough may be the reports that Alex Sandro will stay, meaning Juve can sign his fellow Brazilian without worrying about using a non-EU slot which may have been needed for Sandro’s replacement.

Condividi questo messaggio

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
130542 messaggi

swcy9l.png

Sky: Douglas Costa to Juventus done

http://www.football-italia.net/105561/sky-douglas-costa-juventus-done

Jul 10, 2017

Sky Italia is reporting that Juventus have a deal for Douglas Costa, and he should arrive for his medical on Wednesday.

The Bianconeri have been in talks for the Brazilian since May, but there has been an acceleration in recent days.

Bayern Munich confirmed today that a deal was close, with reports this evening that general manager Giuseppe Marotta will be in Germany tomorrow to finalise the deal.

Now Sky is reporting that the two clubs have agreed a deal for the winger, based on a €6m loan with a €40m obligation to buy.

Douglas Costa had already agreed a deal with Juve, so he should take his medical in Turin on Wednesday.

Sky reiterates that Marotta will be in Germany tomorrow, along with intermediary Giovanni Branchini.

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
130542 messaggi

swcy9l.png

Costa flies in for Juventus

http://www.football-italia.net/105588/costa-flies-juventus

Jul 11, 2017

Douglas Costa is expected to arrive in Turin this evening, before taking his Juventus medical tomorrow.

The Bianconeri have agreed a €6m loan with Bayern Munich, with the obligation to buy for €40m next summer, though that fee could be spread over several years.

It has been widely reported that the Brazilian will take his medical tomorrow, and Tuttomercatoweb reports that he will arrive in Turin this evening.

There are flights from Munich to Turin which get in at 19.40 local time and 22.50 local time respectively.

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
130542 messaggi

swcy9l.png

Costa medical tomorrow

http://www.football-italia.net/105584/reports-costa-medical-tomorrow

Jul 11, 2017

Multiple reports suggest Douglas Costa is all-set for Juventus, and will take his medical tomorrow.

Bianconeri general manager Giuseppe Marotta is in Germany today to close a deal for the Bayern Munich winger, expected to be a €6m loan with a €40m obligation to buy.

The meeting has now concluded, and Sky Italia, calciomercato.com and Gazzetta dello Sport are all reporting that Costa to Juve is now a done deal.

He will arrive in Turin tomorrow to take his medicals, before officially putting pen to paper on his contract with the Old Lady.

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
130542 messaggi

2yvo10i.jpg

OFFICIALLY OFFICIAL: Juventus sign

Bayern Munich winger Douglas Costa

One Brazilian out, one Brazilian in.

https://www.blackwhitereadallover.com/2017/7/12/15952508/official-

juventus-sign-douglas-costa-bayern-munchen-2017-serie-a-transfers

Jul 12, 2017

For weeks, Douglas Costa has been rumored to make the switch from FC Bayern to Juventus, with the clubs supposedly trying to come to an agreement. In the past few days however, it seemed like they were getting closer with Bayern’s CEO saying talks were in fact underway, and were positive.

More details, courtesy of Juventus’ official website:

Turin, 12 July 2017 - Juventus Football Club S.p.A. announces that the agreement with FC Bayern München AG for the temporary acquisition, until 30 June 2018, of the registration rights of the player Douglas Costa de Souza has been finalised for a consideration of € 6 million to be paid within seven days of the FIGC registration execution.

The agreement also provides Juventus the option right, to be exercised before 30 June 2018, for the definitive acquisition of the player at a price of € 40 million to be paid in two financial years. The consideration may increase of € 1 million on achieving given conditions in the course of the duration of the contract.

Douglas Costa made the switch to FC Bayern from Shaktar Donetsk in the summer of 2015 in a €30 million move. He had a fantastic first year for the German side, logging the 6th most minutes on the team.

In a summer where Bayern has seemingly snatched up every player on planet Earth, it seems as though there would be even less playing time for the Brazilian winger, who already saw his minutes decline last season. He will be joining a team where the only natural wingers are Marko Pjaca, and Juan Cuadrado (who’s future at Juventus is not certain, if you believe the latest reports), which should lead to increased playing time.

Costa is a player who certainly cannot be described as a player with some fairly dodgy end product. He contributed 41 goals/assists in his 77 appearances at Bayern over the past two years. What’s even more impressive about that is that those 77 appearances only come out to ~59 total games played, making his output actually quite outstanding for a winger.

On a team looking for a more dynamic attack, Costa seems to be a perfect fit. He would definitely be a fit in both the 4-3-3 and 4-2-3-1 formations. Whether Max tries him out as a wingback in a 3-5-2 remains to be seen, but I wouldn’t bet on it in an important game.

This move gives Juventus a different type of option up front with his speed and creativity. This opens the door to many new ways of shaping Juventus’ attack next season, and I’m very excited to see how it all plays out.

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
130542 messaggi

swcy9l.png

What Douglas Costa gives Juventus

http://www.football-italia.net/105649/what-douglas-costa-gives-juventus

Jul 12, 2017

After Douglas Costa officially completed his move from Bayern Munich to Juventus, Football Italia looks at what he’ll add to the Scudetto winners.

Juventus have finally made a splash. After a timid transfer market so far, with many Bianconeri fans showing their frustration, Juventus have made a significant move for the upcoming season. The Italian champions have signed Bayern’s Munich’s Douglas Costa on loan with the obligation to buy next year. The total fee will be around €40m.

Douglas Costa to Juventus had been rumoured for months and the deal has finally come to fruition. With the likes of Renato Sanches and Kingsley Coman emerging at Allianz Arena and Franck Ribery and Arjen Robben still commanding starting minutes, it was hard for the Brazilian to make an impact. With Juventus having released Dani Alves earlier this summer, the deal makes sense for both.

What are Juventus getting from a player like Douglas Costa? They’ll need to replace Dani Alves’ offensive attributes especially in the Champions League. Costa is a very pacy winger, combining speed and agility and can kick it into another gear when he has to.

With Alves arguably the key man in the latter stages of that competition last season, the Old Lady will be looking to Costa to take up the mantle of his compatriot.

Speed is an important part of Max Allegri’s system just as positioning is both going forward and tracking back. Costa is also a great dribbler and excellent crosser.

Juventus had issues with crosses last year before switching to a 4-2-3-1 formation, and even after that change there was room for improvement.

The quality of crosses provided was not sufficient enough with a player like Higuain and Mandzukic lurking in the 6 yard area. That isn’t even considering a cutting cross into a streaking Dybala who has shown great precision with his shots from just inside the box.

Costa is as versatile as he is quick. He can play both wings which gives Max Allegri several options as he plans to carry over his “five-star” 4-2-3-1 formation into this season.

Should rumoured target Federico Bernardeschi also arrive in Turin, Douglas Costa can play on the left flank. With Marko Pjaca unavailable until at least October Juventus, need depth on the wings going forward. Turning 27 in September Douglas Costa is in the prime of his career.

After being enshrined with winning cultures at Shakhtar Donetsk and Bayern, Costa fits perfectly with Juventus’ club philosophy and tradition of winning.

This should therefore be an excellent move for the Bianconeri as they bring in a winger in his prime with both the tactical knowledge and skills needed to compete for a treble once again in 2017-18.

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
130542 messaggi

2ecg1uu.jpg

Douglas Costa: ‘I’ve always dreamed of playing for Juventus’

http://www.juvefc.com/douglas-costa-ive-always-dreamed-playing-juventus/

Jul 12, 2017

Douglas Costa has given his first interview as a Juventus player and explained how he always dreamed of playing for the Bianconeri.

The Brazilian winger has joined the club on a one-year loan deal and expressed his happiness at joining the Italian Champions.

“I’m delighted to sign for Juventus and be part of this great club. I want to thank the club for all the effort they put into signing me. I’m really pleased to be part of this.” He told the clubs Youtube channel.

“Why did I choose Juventus? As I said, this is a great club and I’d always dreamed of playing here. I’m delighted to be part of this club and can’t wait to start training with my teammates.

“I just want to keep helping my team-mates like i did at Bayern Munich. We achieved a lot and i enjoyed my time there, but i think i can do even more at Juventus.

“A message for Medhi? I want to thank him for welcoming me here. I’m pleased to be linking up with Benatia again because he’s a great person. ”

Costa was asked about his own personal objectives for the season ahead.

“I’ve just come from a club where you’re used to winning every game you play, so I;m going to continue with the mentality of trying to play as well as possible. I want to win all the big matches with Juventus.

“I knew all about Juventus and their amazing history before I signed. I’m going to work hard to make some more history, just like the players here are already doing.

“I want to thank Juventus for their support and promise I’ll give my all.”

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
130542 messaggi

2ecg1uu.jpg

Douglas Costa: ‘I’m here to win the Champions League’

http://www.juvefc.com/douglas-im-win-champions-league/

Aug 1, 2017

Douglas Costa says he feels at home at Juventus and joined the club to win everything, including the Champions League.

The Brazilian winger gave his first interview public interview as a Juve player, speaking to the Gazzetta Dello Sport about his reasons for joining the club and his ambitions for the season ahead.

“First reactions at Juve? I feel good, I feel at home. We work hard here and i’ve settled straight away.” He told the newspaper.

“I’ve started reaching the levels of my teammates. I know I am a little bit behind and I must work to reach even higher levels, to be as strong as possible and as fast as possible.

“Higuain? He’s a champion and a great teammate. Wherever I go I am a striker’s best friend: it happened with Luiz Adriano in Ukraine and with Robert Lewandowksi at Bayern. You see that with me they are comfortable and it will be the same with Higuain.

“I love playing with players of quality, like Pjanic. At Bayern there was Thiago Alcantara: I studied him and I learned a lot from him. At Juve I have been impressed by the quality. I hope to add my creativity.

“Why Juventus? Because in three years they have played 2 finals in Europe, they are the team with great will and the best chance of winning the Champions League.

“I want to enter into Juventus’ history. A year away from the World Cup I couldn’t have chosen a better club. I am here to win everything, including the Champions League.

“Preferred position? At Shaktar I played 5 years on the right, at Bayern with Pep Guardiola I played in every position. It’s better to play on the right to shoot and on the left to cross.

“Pep? After many years I wanted to avoid everyone thinking that I played just because he was the coach. I wanted to join Juventus to create new experiences, and to learn a different style of football.

Costa was asked about his first impressions of Max Allegri who pushed to bring him to Juventus.

“He is a coach who talks a lot to his players. He understands my potential and I feel I have his trust. He explains things then corrects mistakes. I have positive feelings, I think we will go far with this coach and this squad.

“Ancelotti? I feel as though he didn’t have enough time to see me, from my time with the National team and my injuries. I didn’t prepare for the season with him, something I had done with Guardiola. However, I had a good relationship with Ancelotti, we’re still friends.

The Brazilian was asked about the competition for the Serie A title next season and who may challenge the Bianconeri for the Scudetto.

“Juve are like Bayern, it’s a big team and other teams will give their all to win against us. Juve have so many fans and are known around the world.

“In Italy football is played perfectly in terms of tactics; It’s difficult to beat the defence. There needs to be patience, Milan and Inter have gotten stronger but Juve has the right players to win again.

“Memories of Juve as a kid? I knew Emerson, I remember the legendary squads of the 1990s-2000s, with Zidane, Del Piero, Ibrahimovic, Nedved.

“My idol? My favourite player was and always will be Ronaldinho. We are connected through Gremio: He played there and I started my career there at 12 years old.”

“Alex Sandro? Since we are both Brazilian we have the same affinity, we understand each other on the fly. He helps me.

“Vidal? Arturo is a friend, he explained to me the importance of Juventus and how the club is followed around the world.”

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
130542 messaggi

swcy9l.png

Costa: ‘Juventus played well’

http://www.football-italia.net/113100/costa-‘juventus-played-well’

Nov 20, 2017

Douglas Costa insists Juventus “played well” against Sampdoria, but “we have to be more solid”.

The Bianconeri were 3-0 down to Samp in Genoa, and despite two late goals they fell to defeat and now sit four points behind Serie A leaders Napoli.

“We played well in Genoa, but that’s how football is,” the winger told JTV.

“If you don’t score and you concede goals then the match is compromised. I try to make myself ready when I’m called upon.

“We have to be more solid when we can score goals and close the game like yesterday, because if not they can become very complicated.”

Juve face Barcelona in the Champions League tomorrow, in a match which could be crucial for qualification to the Last 16.

“It will be a great game with two very strong teams on the pitch, and we’re at home with our fans.

“The Champions League means a lot to us, to win it would be extraordinary. Getting back to tomorrow though, we expect a tactical and physical game.”

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
130542 messaggi

swcy9l.png

Bayern confirm Douglas Costa transfer

http://www.football-italia.net/113299/bayern-confirm-douglas-costa-transfer

Nov 25, 2017

Bayern Munich announced Juventus will activate their option to buy Douglas Costa at a cost of €46m.

It was confirmed during Friday night’s shareholder’s meeting by chairman Karl-Heinz Rummenigge.

Douglas Costa made the move on loan with option to buy that could be activated by June 30, 2018.

However, the Press release on the transfer only specified that Juve had to pay €6m and the option to buy permanently was for another €40m, to be paid over two financial years.

According to Rummenigge, Bayern Munich already received confirmation that Juventus will buy the player outright.

The 27-year-old has so far made 16 competitive appearances for Juventus, scoring one goal and providing four assists.

These two clubs have done similar deals in recent years, involving Kingsley Coman and Medhi Benatia.

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
130542 messaggi

swcy9l.png

Costa takes Napoli dig

https://www.football-italia.net/116072/costa-takes-napoli-dig

Jan 24, 2018

Juventus winger Douglas Costa has taken a swipe at Scudetto rivals Napoli. “I like playing good football, but I prefer to win.”

Napoli currently lead Juve by a point in the Serie A title race, but while Costa – who scored the Bianconeri's winner against Genoa on Monday – felt the Partenopei were playing “good football”, he warned it “doesn't guarantee success.”

“We knew it would be a very complicated match because it was the first one after the holidays,” the winger told Corriere dello Sport.

“We trained a lot and naturally we weren't at our best. We're not machines, but the most important thing was to pick up the three points and we succeeded.

“Now we''ll go back to being the Juventus side that enchant everyone. My goal? Scoring is great, but when you score a decisive goal, it's even more so.

“These are satisfactions that help us to be even more focused and determined. The title race? It's very competitive and many teams are starting to fight for the Scudetto.

“In Brazil, we say that it's interesting when there's a 'hunt' going on at the top of the table because the League becomes more spectacular and the fans grow in the stadiums.

“Napoli? They're playing good football, but the best football doesn't guarantee success. Ultimately, winning counts. I like playing good football, but I prefer to win.”

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
130542 messaggi

swcy9l.png

Douglas Costa: 'Gremio threw title game'

https://www.football-italia.net/117486/douglas-costa-gremio-threw-title-game

Feb 20, 2018

Juventus winger Douglas Costa reveals his Gremio team threw a game, “otherwise our fans might’ve killed us. If we had beaten Flamengo, we’d be dead.”

The shocking incident occurred in 2009 and he told it to YouTube channel Pilhado.

“I remember we were playing a reserve side and after 45 minutes against Flamengo it was 1-1,” explained the former Bayern Munich star.

“During the break, news came through that our historic rivals Internacional were close to winning the Brasileiro title. We made some changes and I would dribble from one side to the other, but always a long way off the goal. I had to play to avoid winning.

“In the end, Flamengo beat us 2-1 and made the Maracanà explode with joy. The directors had come into the locker room and said we could do what we wanted, the responsibility was ours.

“They said if we had won, the people would’ve run on to the airport tarmac and not let us leave. The Gremio fans would’ve wanted to kill us.

“That would’ve been a real stain for Gremio’s history for us to give Internacional the title. If we had beaten Flamengo, we’d be dead.”

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
130542 messaggi

swcy9l.png

Casemiro issues Costa 'warning'

https://www.football-italia.net/118842/casemiro-issues-costa-warning

Mar 22, 2018

Casemiro has joked that he would ‘break Douglas Costa in half’ if push came to shove during Juventus’ Champions League tie with Real Madrid.

Casemiro and Costa are currently on Brazil duty and are set to represent their country at this summer’s World Cup, but they also have a quarter-final to contest with their clubs.

“It’s Real Madrid-Juventus, the 85th minute. Douglas Costa runs down the wing and you’re the only defender left: do you think about the World Cup?” asked a journalist, reports Calciomercato.com.

The website cited the Madrid midfielder as replying in a light-hearted manner: ‘I’ll break him in half!’

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
130542 messaggi

swcy9l.png

Man Utd ask for Douglas Costa

https://www.football-italia.net/118961/man-utd-ask-douglas-costa

Mar 24, 2018

The Daily Mirror claims that Manchester United are trying to sign Douglas Costa from Juventus for €45m, but he is not for sale.

According to the English newspaper, Jose Mourinho has set his sights firmly on the Brazil international winger.

He only made the move from Bayern Munich to Turin for €46m in July 2017, so the idea of selling him on a year later for less than that is implausible.

Douglas Costa has made a good impression at Juve, contributing three goals and seven assists in 35 competitive appearances this season.

The Bianconeri haven’t the slightest intention of selling the 27-year-old, who can play on the left or right wing in a trident attack.

This deal saw Juventus pay €6m for a 12-month loan with option to buy already activated for another €40m in July 2018.

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
130542 messaggi

Home

Douglas Costa injury in Brazil

https://www.football-italia.net/121801/douglas-costa-injury-brazil

May 23, 2018

Juventus winger Douglas Costa has a thigh injury, but at the moment should not be at risk for Brazil’s World Cup squad, it was announced.

The Selecao are beginning work for the tournament in Russia next month.

In a Press conference, CBF chief medic Rodrigo Lasmar confirmed Douglas Costa had arrived “complaining of pain at the back of his thigh.

“We performed tests and found a slight injury, so will work separately in training for a few days. He may well miss the first friendly, but we don’t expect him to be at risk for the World Cup.”

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
130542 messaggi

Home

Official: Juve own Douglas Costa

2331792-48534610-2560-1440.jpg?w=1350

https://www.football-italia.net/122613/official-juve-own-douglas-costa

Jun 7, 2018

As expected, Juventus have formally activated the €40m purchase clause from Bayern Munich and now own Douglas Costa outright.

The Brazilian had arrived on loan a year ago at a cost of €6m with option to buy for a further €40m.

There was never really any doubt that the Bianconeri would take it up, especially after the 27-year-old attracted massive offers from Manchester United.

Douglas Costa contributed six goals and 14 assists in 47 competitive games for Juventus, helping them to win the Scudetto and Coppa Italia.

“Juventus Football Club S.p.A. has exercised the option right for the definitive acquisition of the registration rights of the player Douglas Costa de Souza from FC Bayern Munchen AG for a consideration of €40 million to be paid in two financial years.

“The consideration may increase of €1 million on achieving given conditions in the course of the duration of the contract.

“Juventus and the player signed a contract of employment until 30 June 2022.”

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
130542 messaggi

Home

Man City €100m for Douglas Costa?

https://www.football-italia.net/122777/man-city-€100m-douglas-costa

Jun 10, 2018

Manchester City are ready to offer €100m for Juventus wide attacker Douglas Costa, according to Sport Mediaset.

The report suggests Pep Guardiola is eager to bring the Brazil international to England, after Manchester United had failed in their attempts to snatch him away.

Juve only just activated their option to buy from Bayern Munich for €40m this week, having paid €6m for the one-year loan.

He is now under contract with the Bianconeri until June 2022.

If Manchester City were indeed to offer €100m, Juve could use that money to make their own bid for Lazio midfielder Sergej Milinkovic-Savic – another Manchester United target.

In his debut Italian campaign, Douglas Costa contributed six goals and 14 assists.

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
130542 messaggi

Home

Douglas Costa out injured

https://www.football-italia.net/123431/douglas-costa-out-injured

Jun 23, 2018

Juventus winger Douglas Costa has been ruled out of Brazil’s crunch World Cup meeting with Serbia due to a muscular injury.

He came off the bench and changed the game in their 2-0 victory over Costa Rica.

There were reports Douglas Costa would start the next match in their World Cup group against Serbia.

However, this afternoon the Seleçao medical staff confirmed he is out of action due to a muscular injury in the back of his right thigh.

He’ll remain in Sochi with a physiotherapist and Danilo, who is also injured.

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
130542 messaggi

Home

Costa to exit World Cup?

https://www.football-italia.net/123524/costa-exit-world-cup

Jun 25, 2018

Douglas Costa could miss the rest of Brazil’s World Cup campaign as the Juventus winger reportedly faces three weeks out.

ANSA cites reports in the Russian Press, which suggest Costa’s thigh injury could rule him out of the rest of the tournament.

It is claimed the former Bayern Munich ace felt a twinge during his second-half appearance against Costa Rica but carried on playing, even assisting Neymar for Brazil’s second goal in a 2-0 win.

Selecao boss Tite has since confirmed that the 27-year-old will not feature in the nation’s final group game against Serbia on Wednesday.

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
130542 messaggi

Home

‘TV evidence against Costa’

https://www.football-italia.net/128083/‘tv-evidence-against-costa’

Sep 17, 2018

The FIGC prosecutor confirms television evidence “starting from the elbow” on Federico Di Francesco will be used to punish Juventus winger Douglas Costa.

The Brazilian completely lost his head at the end of yesterday’s match, throwing an elbow at Di Francesco before attempting to headbutt him.

He was then caught by VAR spitting into the Sassuolo man’s face, and he faces a ban of at least three games and a hefty fine.

According to ANSA, FIGC prosecutor Giuseppe Pecoraro has written to the giudice sportivo to confirm that television images will be reviewed “starting from the elbow, to asses the behaviour of the Juventus player as a whole”.

The spit in itself would usually incur a three game ban, as it did for Ezequiel Lavezzi and Aleandro Rosi in 2011, but with the elbow and the headbutt Douglas Costa faces an extended period on the sidelines.

The prosecutor also reported anti-Neapolitan chanting from a section of the Juve support, with the giudice sportivo to release its disciplinary report tomorrow once all of Week 4’s Serie A games are completed.

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
130542 messaggi

Home

Costa: ‘You don’t know what he said…’

https://www.football-italia.net/128093/costa-‘you-don’t-know-what-he-said…’

Sep 17, 2018

Juventus winger Douglas Costa admits “I was wrong” to spit on Sassuolo’s Federico Di Francesco but “you don’t know what he said to me…”

The Brazilian lost his head toward the end of yesterday’s game, elbowing his opponent and headbutting him, for which he was shown only a yellow card.

VAR then caught him spitting in Di Francesco’s face, and the forward will now be banned for at least three matches.

“You don’t know what he said to me, but never mind,” Douglas Costa wrote, replying to a fan on his Instagram post apologising.

“I ask forgiveness from all those who I need to, because I was wrong!”

Former Juve left-back Patrice Evra also commented on the post.

“Do you know that the symbol of Juventus is a zebra? Not a llama… You’ve apologised for your gesture, but people will never know what he said to you.”

Evra was speaking from experience, as he was sacked by Marseille for kicking a fan in the head.

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
130542 messaggi

Home

Douglas Costa banned for four games

https://www.football-italia.net/128146/douglas-costa-banned-four-games

Sep 18, 2018

Juventus winger Douglas Costa has been given a four-match Serie A ban for his elbow, attempted headbutt and spit on Federico Di Francesco.

The Brazilian was sent off during Sunday’s 2-1 win over Sassuolo at the Juventus Stadium.

He was caught on camera in a lengthy tussle with Di Francesco – the son of Roma Coach Eusebio Di Francesco – which included trying to lash out an elbow, then an attempted headbutt.

As the pair continued to argue off the ball, Douglas Costa spat at his opponent from point-blank range.

The FIGC Prosecutor had viewed the footage for violent conduct, specifically the elbow, but ruled that it was insufficient to give a further ban, so he got off lightly in the circumstances.

Atalanta Coach Gian Piero Gasperini has been given a one-game touchline ban after he was caught on camera uttering a blasphemous phrase.

He will have to sit in the stands for this weekend’s trip to Milan.

Meanwhile, Bologna midfielder Erick Pulgar has been handed a three-match ban for violent conduct after his straight red card for a lunge deep into stoppages against Genoa.

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
130542 messaggi

Home

Juve: Costa faces month out?

https://www.football-italia.net/128289/juve-costa-faces-month-out

Sep 21, 2018

Juventus winger Douglas Costa reportedly faces a month out after suffering ankle and thigh injuries.

According to Calciomercato.com, the injury came during Costa’s mini-cameo against Valencia in the Champions League on Wednesday.

Juve have since confirmed ‘heavy bruising and a sprain’ to the Brazilian’s left ankle, as well as a ‘knock’ to his right thigh.

CM expects Costa to sit out ‘at least the next 3-4 weeks’, although he would have missed the Bianconeri’s next four Serie A games due to a ban for spitting.

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
130542 messaggi

Home

Costa in road accident

Juventus, Douglas Costa vivo per miracolo: incidente pauroso e auto distrutta

https://www.football-italia.net/134231/report-costa-road-accident

Feb 4, 2019

Juventus winger Douglas Costa was reportedly involved in a road accident on Monday morning.

According to La Stampa, the incident occurred on the motorway between Livorno Ferraris and Santhia in northern Italy.

The newspaper explains emergency services were called to the scene but assures Costa, who was at the wheel of a Jeep Cherokee, did not sustain any injuries.

However, a 47-year-old man driving a Fiat Punto would have been taken to a nearby hospital for treatment.

The Brazilian has made 24 appearances for Juve this season, scoring one goal and assisting two.

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
130542 messaggi

Home

Costa given Juve warning?

https://www.football-italia.net/134298/costa-given-juve-warning

Feb 6, 2019

Juventus have reportedly warned Douglas Costa about his future conduct after the winger went to Neymar’s birthday party hours after a car accident.

Costa wrote off his Jeep on the A4 motorway between Turin and Trieste on Monday morning yet was present at Neymar’s 27th birthday bash in Paris the same evening.

Although Juve players had two days off, Gazzetta dello Sport and Goal.com’s Romeo Agresti write the Brazilian’s conduct did not please the club, who preferred to see ‘more responsible behaviour’ from the player.

Nonetheless, the 28-year-old would have avoided a fine and been given only ‘a light talking-to’ ahead of the Bianconeri’s push for a Serie A and Champions League double.

Costa did not train on Tuesday after he sustained a hamstring injury against Parma last weekend.

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti