Accedi per seguire   
Socrates

1 - Wojciech Szczesny

130542 messaggi

swcy9l.png

Szczesny: ‘Juventus for the future’

http://www.football-italia.net/114312/szczesny-‘juventus-future’

Dec 15, 2017

Wojciech Szczesny explains “when I chose Juventus I didn’t think about what would happen in 2018, but the next 10 years”.

The goalkeeper spent the past two seasons on loan at Roma, but left Arsenal permanently for the Bianconeri this summer.

At the moment he’s the backup to Gianluigi Buffon, but the legendary ‘keeper plans to retire at the end of the season.

“When I made this choice I didn’t think about what would happen in 2018, but the next 10 years,” Szczesny explained to La Repubblica.

“I made a choice for the future and if I thought it was right at first, now I’m convinced.

“I’m having a strange season, I’ve never started one knowing that I wouldn’t be the starter. I still have to raise my level, working every day, but being the reserve goalkeeper is easier.

“You have weeks to prepare to play, you have less responsibility, but I want to learn how to do it. At first it was a difficult situation, now I’m taking advantage of the positive aspects, it allows me to learn.

“I thank Buffon for the compliments he’s given me, but what I am isn’t yet enough. Juventus need to have one of the best goalkeepers in the world.

“I’m not saying I’m not that, but I need to raise my level. When you see Gigi in the dressing room you really see a leader, and I’ll need to replace him in that too. In fact, that might be the most important aspect.”

Alisson is now Roma’s first choice after being backup for Szczesny, is the Pole in a similar situation with Buffon?

“In a certain sense, yes. Alisson also knew it would be my last year. He had patience and you could see he was very good. It’s not by chance he’s the starter for the Brazilian national team.”

Condividi questo messaggio

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
130542 messaggi

14jstat.gif

Juventus, Szczesny: "I want to stay here for a long time"

http://gianlucadimarzio.com/en/juventus-szczesny-i-want-to-stay-here-for-a-long-time

Dec 26, 2017

Juventus goalie Wojciech Szczesny has been getting some playing time lately as Gianluigi Buffon has suffered an injury.

The Polish player spoke to Sky Sport before the bianconeri training session today, "the save against Schick? What was I thinking in that moment? I am not sure. I just saw that Benatia made a mistake with the pass, it was then one against one and I tried to close the angle from which the Roma attacker could shoot on me: I believe it was more of his mistake than me who saved Juventus.

Buffon is a great champion and great person. He is helping me so much now that I am getting to play. He is really important for me. Remaining at Juventus as long as possible? Yes, I really like stability. I am not someone who wants to change teams every two or three years.

The fight for the scudetto and this season's objectives? We will play the games with Napoli, Roma and Inter. We want to win all of our games and then an important trophy. We are Juventus and have to give our maximum in every competition, then we'll see what happens."

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
130542 messaggi

swcy9l.png

Szczesny: 'Secret to Juve success'

https://www.football-italia.net/116831/szczesny-secret-juve-success

Feb 6, 2018

Wojciech Szczesny revealed what drives Juventus, working with Gigi Buffon, technology in football and his "dream of being an interior designer."

The shot-stopper spoke today at an event on technology in sport, so naturally discussion turned to VAR.

“I think VAR is a very important thing for the future of football. It needs to be improved, but it is a great new development. It helps players, it helps referees, and it’s important.

“We are also helped by the GPS trackers we use in training, because the fitness coach knows who has worked harder, who needs help. You can’t hide!

“Nowadays, we are 100 per cent athletes, more than ever before. A few years ago, Paul Gascoigne was a top player, but not a top athlete. In this era, you need to be concentrated and physically at your best. You have to play every three days, run 12km. Fortunately, I don’t have to, but it’s still a strain!”

Szczesny is the second choice goalkeeper at Juventus behind the legend Buffon, who turned 40 last week.

“That first day was incredible. I arrived here thinking this was his last or penultimate year. I told myself this was an experience that could happen once in a lifetime.

“I expected Buffon to be a great goalkeeper, but as a man he’s simply incredible. A real leader of the team, friends with everyone. He is somebody everyone loves: he helps everybody. He’s a great person.

“I don’t even need to say what he’s like as a goalkeeper, because everyone knows that. It’s a fantastic life experience working with him and I hope it can continue for another year.

“Every day at Juventus, you realise that there is a different responsibility here. We have to win, we are obligated to win it all. Winning is normality here, so there is this responsibility to work even harder than everyone else. I think that’s what took Juve to win all these trophies, as six titles in a row is extraordinary. I’d like us to get to 10!”

Szczesny also revealed some unexpected sides to his character.

“I have this great passion to be an interior designer. It started when I bought my first house 10 years ago. I have four homes in London, four in Bologna, and I always did everything myself.

“Once I retire, I’d like to work from home, as players are forever travelling and it’d be good to be home with my wife and daughter. I think my dream would be to work as an architect or interior designer. I like the classic French style, I’m currently sorting out my home in Poland. My wife likes it.

“My experience in London was very important, as I arrived at the age of 15 without my mother, without help. I had to grow up quickly. I still consider London to be my home, as I have so many friends there.

“I was a phenomenon in Poland, the best in the country. I arrived at Arsenal and saw 90 goalkeepers who were better than me. I realised that to reach a certain level, I had to do more than the others.

“I learned English very quickly and worked so hard, so there were five ahead of me in the pecking order, then four, then three. I made the right choices, such as not celebrating too much as a teenager on my own in London…”

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
130542 messaggi

swcy9l.png

Szczesny’s Juve challenge for Florenzi

https://www.football-italia.net/119032/szczesnys-juve-challenge-florenzi

Mar 26, 2018

Wojciech Szczesny has challenged Alessandro Florenzi to take ‘the perfect step’ in his career and leave Roma for Juventus.

Szczesny played alongside Florenzi at Roma for two years before joining Juve last summer, and the Poland goalkeeper suggested his old teammate had what it took to play for the Bianconeri.

“Do I think Juve should sign Florenzi? If someone asked me that, I’d always say that joining Juventus would be a very important step because you have to win everything here.

“I’d say they’re the right team for a great player. After that, I don’t know… I haven’t talked to anyone, but for any player who wants to become better than they are, Juventus would be the perfect step.”

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
130542 messaggi

swcy9l.png

Szczesny: If Buffon kept playing…

https://www.football-italia.net/119039/szczesny-if-buffon-kept-playing

Mar 26, 2018

Wojciech Szczesny insists ‘it’d be good’ for Gianluigi Buffon and Juventus if the veteran kept playing, even though the Pole could remain second choice.

Szczesny was signed to become Juve’s No 1 once Buffon had hung up his gloves, but there has been no suggestion yet as to what the Italy icon will do.

The former Roma man told Tuttosport: “Once I realised it was time to leave Arsenal, Juventus’ offer came in immediately and at that point, it was a very easy decision to make.

“For me, it was also an opportunity to train with the best goalkeeper in the world. I think it’s been a positive experience, although I haven’t felt like a backup goalkeeper, rather a goalkeeper who doesn’t play every game.

“It’ll be much easier to become a starting goalkeeper after this experience. If Buffon stayed on? I think it’d be good for him and the team because the team still need Buffon: as a captain and a great goalkeeper.

“Age is just a number: even in the last few years, he’s been the best goalkeeper or at least one of the best in Serie A.

“He really helps the team with his legendary status and it would be the perfect solution if he kept playing.”

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
130542 messaggi

Home

Szczesny: ‘Better CL chance with CR7’

https://www.football-italia.net/125030/szczesny-‘better-cl-chance-cr7’

Jul 27, 2018

Wojciech Szczesny believes Juventus have a ‘better chance’ of winning the club’s third Champions League following the signing of Cristiano Ronaldo.

The Portuguese joined the Old Lady for a fee of €100m from Real Madrid in European football’s most high profile transfer of the summer.

33-year-old Ronaldo has won Europe’s premier club competition five times in his career, with four of those coming in the last five seasons.

Juve, meanwhile, have been beaten finalists twice in the last four years as their quest to end their European drought continues.

And speaking to SiriusXM FC, Szczesny expressed his belief that the Bianconeri now have a better chance of turning their dominance in Serie A into Champions League success.

“It gives us a better chance, that’s for sure,” the Polish goalkeeper began.

“It’s still our dream, but with the arrival of Cristiano I think it becomes more of a realistic dream.

“I don’t think it adds any pressure. It gives us more confidence that we can go and challenge in Europe.

“You want to play with the best players, and the arrival of Cristiano gives us the belief that we’ll play better than last year.”

Despite Juve’s European aspirations, Szczesny insists the main priority remains retaining the Scudetto.

“Having said that, I think that just because Juve have won seven titles in a row doesn’t mean that this year is any less important.

“It’s still our main objective, and the first thing we have to do is focus on the League and winning the Coppa Italia, and obviously with Cristiano we’ll have a better chance in Europe, but as I said that’s always a bonus.”

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
130542 messaggi

Home

Szczesny: 'Dreams now objectives'

https://www.football-italia.net/126093/szczesny-dreams-now-objectives

Aug 12, 2018

Wojciech Szczesny admits “dreams have become objectives” for Juventus with Cristiano Ronaldo. “We’re one of the strongest teams in the world.”

The Bianconeri already dominated Serie A for seven consecutive campaigns, but brought in Ronaldo, Emre Can, Mattia Perin and the return of Leonardo Bonucci.

“It was a great transfer session that brings real enthusiasm,” Szczesny told Sky Sport Italia.

“Now dreams have become objectives and the squad is complete. We want to achieve every target and that means starting well in Serie A, which will put us in a position to go far in other competitions too.

“All the new arrivals are very strong, while obviously Ronaldo is someone who makes the difference. Unfortunately, he also scores a lot of goals in training…”

The goalkeeper was asked if Juventus are now the strongest squad in world football.

“I don’t know about that, but we are certainly one of the strongest.”

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
130542 messaggi

Home

Szczesny: ‘I’ll never be Buffon’

https://www.football-italia.net/128939/szczesny-‘i’ll-never-be-buffon’

Oct 5, 2018

Juventus goalkeeper Wojciech Szczesny feels not being Italian is a positive for him as “it means I will never be the next Gigi Buffon”.

The Pole joined the Bianconeri in the summer of 2017 after two years on loan at Roma, and following a year as backup he has now become the number one.

“My first thought was that sometimes you have to take a step back to take two forward,” Szczesny explained to BBC Sport.

“When I analysed the situation, it wasn't much of a step back because I knew I was going to play.

“I got 21 games, which is not bad for a second keeper. I also had the opportunity to learn from one of the best in history and I had one year to prepare for the job of replacing him.

“It was the best career opportunity I could ever have.

"I am proud of the way it has worked out. We all have difficult moments in our careers. It is how you react to them that counts. Where I am now hasn't come out of the blue. I have earned it.

“There is no better way to learn than watching the best in their job. Just to be with him [Buffon] every day in training meant I could see how he prepared for games, how he communicated with his defenders, not just on the pitch but in the dressing room.

“He also helped me to mature. You try to live up to that standard when you are called upon.

“It is easier because I am not Italian. It means I will never be the next Buffon. I will be the new number one goalkeeper of Juventus and that is it.

“My only thought process is stopping balls flying into the net.

“I don't go into games thinking I can't make a mistake because everyone is going to miss Buffon.

“Will I play as long as he did? I saw the sacrifice Gigi made to train at the highest level last season. When you are 25, everything comes easy to you. When you get past 35, every training session is a sacrifice. I can't see myself doing that.”

Juve have made a perfect start to the season, and the former Arsenal man also discussed his side’s form.

“It is not easy to do but you could say nine wins from nine is what we expected.

“If we play at our level, it is difficult to beat us in the Italian league. We had one tough game away from home in the Champions League and an easy one.

“For now I just want to win trophies and continue the great history of this club. I don't want to be part of the first side to lose a championship for many years.”

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
130542 messaggi

Home

Szczesny has knee surgery

Juve, il messaggio di Szczesny:

https://www.football-italia.net/138647/szczesny-has-knee-surgery

May 28, 2019

Juventus confirm goalkeeper Wojciech Szczesny has undergone keyhole surgery to clean up a right knee injury.

The operation had been announced last week by Coach Max Allegri, but it was decided to wait until the end of the season.

A statement from the club today explained the keyhole surgery was performed by Dr Cugat in Barcelona.

The intervention was to clean up the area around the medial meniscus.

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
130542 messaggi

Home

Szczesny's cunning Champions plan

Afbeeldingsresultaat voor szczesny e sarri juventus 2019

https://www.football-italia.net/143501/szczesnys-cunning-champions-plan

Aug 28, 2019

Wojciech Szczesny describes Maurizio Sarri methods and jokes Juventus can win the Champions League "now Matthijs de Ligt and Cristiano Ronaldo can’t knock us out.”

There is immediately a Scudetto showdown on Saturday when Napoli visit the Juventus Stadium.

“It’s not a problem going up against Napoli straight away, as we have to face everyone twice anyway,” the goalkeeper told Sky Sport Italia.

“Napoli caused us a lot of problems over the last few years, but we can’t wait to play this game.”

It remains to be seen if Sarri will be on the bench, as the former Napoli boss has been suffering from pneumonia.

“I used to watch his Napoli play great football and now that he’s here, I can say that he makes his players work really hard, especially on tactics.

“Compared to Max Allegri, we work a lot more with the ball and we defend differently, with a higher line to press the opposition. It’s going to be a hard-fought game on Saturday and it’s always difficult in those head-to-head clashes, even if we often end up winning. Here’s hoping that’s what happens again this weekend.

“It will be a tough and very balanced league, as Inter, Napoli, Roma and Lazio have really reinforced.”

Question marks remain over several Juve players who could still be on their way out, or at least were expected to be leaving this summer.

“Gonzalo Higuain is in great shape and you could tell in the pre-season friendlies that he was the old Pipita, really fired up and sharp. I know he’ll score many goals.

“Paulo Dybala is fine, everyone saw the goal he scored against Triestina. Everyone has to fight for their place in the starting XI, that’s just what it’s like at this level.

“It’s wonderful that Gigi Buffon has returned. I had the best goalkeeper in the world, Alisson Becker, as my understudy at Roma and now I have the best goalkeeper of all time backing me up at Juventus. I learned a lot from Gigi and we are friends. He is as enthusiastic as a kid and I’m sure he’ll play a lot this season.

Juventus won eight consecutive Serie A titles, but are once again under pressure to end their Champions League drought after exits to Real Madrid and then Ajax.

“Matthijs de Ligt and Cristiano Ronaldo can’t knock us out anymore, so we’ve got a better chance, right?” laughed Szczesny.

“Joking aside, I am not thinking about that. Our minds are purely on Napoli right now.”

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
130542 messaggi

Szczesny: 'We are Juventus, we can't concede 2 or 3 goals a game'

Afbeeldingsresultaat voor szczesny juventus 2019-2020

https://www.calciomercato.com/en/news/juventus-szczesny-we-are-juventus-we-can-t-concede-2-or-3-goals--43731

Nov 1, 2019

Juventus goalkeeper Wojciech Szczesny spoke to Italian media outlet DAZN via Calciomercato.com today, ahead of the Turin derby tomorrow.

“In the coming months we must become even more orderly. We're not very solid yet, we give away 2-3 goals per game and if you're Juventus it’s not good enough. On a defensive level I don't think we're struggling, on the contrary, we're quite in control of the games, but there are a couple of moments that make the difference. We have to eliminate those too. We need more strength in front of the goal, we don't give much concrete form to what we create.”

The 29-year-old Polish shot stopper then revealed a curious fact about himself.

"I've been doing meditation for 3-4 years, since I was in Rome, helping me to improve mentally and then I always train as if I was playing a real game. In addition, the next day I look at every contact I had with the ball, whether it's with my feet or my hands. That's the only way I can improve.”

The former Roma and Arsenal goalkeeper was the successor to long-time club servant Gianluigi Buffon, who is now the backup for Szczesny. Contracted to Juventus until 2021, he has made nine appearances for the Bianconeri so far this season, keeping three clean sheets and conceding nine goals.

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
130542 messaggi

Home

Szczesny to renew with Juve

Afbeeldingsresultaat voor wojciech szczęsny 2019-2020

https://www.football-italia.net/146469/szczesny-renew-juve

Nov 15, 2019

Juventus stopper Wojciech Szczesny is close to renewing his contract to 2024, according to Sky Sport Italia expert Gianluca Di Marzio.

The former Arsenal keeper has been with Juve since signing in the summer of 2017 for €14m, following a loan spell at Roma.

He signed as a back-up 'keeper to Gigi Buffon in 2017-18, shadowing the legendary player for a season before taking his position as the veteran left for Paris Saint Germain.

Szczesny has been the first choice since then, even with Buffon returning to the club this season.

The Pole's contract expires in June 2021, but Di Marzio reports that his contract will be extended to 2024.

He's made 74 appearances for Juve, and has kept 37 clean sheets.

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
130542 messaggi

Home

Szczesny: 'Scudetto race for four'

Gerelateerde afbeelding

https://www.football-italia.net/148236/szczesny-scudetto-race-four

Jan 3, 2020

Wojciech Szczesny sees Juventus in a Scudetto race with Inter, Lazio and Roma, warns Cagliari have talent and praises the purchase of Dejan Kulusevski.

The Bianconeri ended 2019 with defeat to Lazio in the Supercoppa Italiana and joint top of the Serie A table with Inter.

“We do need to improve in defence, because the league title is usually won by the side that concedes the fewest goals,” Szczesny told Sky Sport Italia.

“I think we have the quality to do that and must rediscover the desire to fight hard and keep clean sheets. Knowing all my teammates, we’ll get there very soon.

“I believe the Scudetto race is between Juve, Inter, Lazio and Roma. A few weeks ago, nobody was talking about Lazio, yet they are the form team right now, while Roma are doing very well too.

“My objective is always to win everything, as it has to be at Juve. There is disappointment that we lost the Supercoppa, but it’s a new year, we talked amongst ourselves and now resume with a lot of hunger to win every trophy in 2020.”

Their opening fixture of the calendar year is hosting Cagliari on Monday afternoon.

It’s going to be tough against Cagliari, as they have proved themselves to be one of the most impressive teams in Serie A this season. They reinforced on the transfer market and have so much talent in the squad, especially upfront.

“The first game back from the Christmas break is always a bit of an unknown quantity, but we’ll prepare to bring home three points.”

Juventus have already signed their first player of 2020, although Kulusevski will remain on loan at Parma for the rest of the season after the €35m plus up to €9m bonuses deal with Atalanta.

“Kulusevski is a strong player of great talent,” added Szczesny. “I think Juve made a wonderful signing. It’s only right he continues his progress at Parma and earns more experience in Serie A first.”

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
130542 messaggi

Home

Official: Juve extend with Szczesny

Ufficiale, Szczesny alla Juve fino al 2024

Feb 11, 2020

Juventus have announced that Wojciech Szczesny has extended his deal at the Allianz Stadium until June 2024.

The Poland international arrived from Arsenal in 2017, after a stint on loan at Roma in the Italian capital, and after starting his Juventus career as back-up to Gianluigi Buffon, he is now the first choice between the sticks at the Old Lady.

Continue -> http://bit.ly/2vqaAto

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
130542 messaggi

Szczesny: ‘Italy will defeat the coronavirus, proud to be here’

Szczesny_juventus.jpg?resize=696%2C436&s

Mar 18, 2020

The message of closeness of the Polish Juventus goalkeeper, in isolation after the Rugani and Matuidi cases: “One could consider himself unlucky to be in Italy at the moment, but I don’t agree. I feel lucky here because I know this is a country who will beat this virus with unity and passion. ” The Juventus club replies: “Proud of you”.

Polish by birth, in Serie A since 2015. Wojciech Szczesny he is very close to Italy and in very difficult days for the whole country the goalkeeper of the Juventus he wanted to make his voice heard on social media, joining the chorus of solidarity. The 29 year old Pole, in black and white since summer 2017 and now in isolation like all his companions after the cases of positivity to the coronavirus that concerned Rugani first and then Matuidi, posted on his page Instagram a photo of the Italian flag and a reflection that concerns the whole of Italy. “While we continue to worry about our families and loved ones – Szczesny begins – praying that they will not be affected by the virus, we continue to ask ourselves how and why this happened. Questions to which we could never find answers”. The goalkeeper’s question also concerns the future: “How will everything that’s going on affect our society? Will things return to normal? “With a certainty and a message of closeness to the whole Italian population:” One could consider himself unlucky to be in Italy at this moment, the country most affected by the virus. But I don’t agree. I feel lucky here because I know this is a country that will beat this virus with unity and passion, qualities for which Italians are famous“. ......

Continue -> http://bit.ly/2x7Q5m6

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
130542 messaggi

Home

Szczesny slams media 'targeting Juventus'

Wojciech Szczesny: Juventus Goalkeeper Labels Defeat To Hellas ...

Apr 14, 2020

Goalkeeper Wojciech Szczesny has claimed the media only focus on the penalties that ‘should have been given against' Juventus and not the contrary.

In an interview with Foot Truck, the Poland international pointed out a meeting between the referees where he claimed they admitted to have made a mistake by giving Lecce and Torino penalties against the Bianconeri.

“Nobody talks about it, but there has been a meeting of referees in which they said that the penalties against Lecce and Torino shouldn’t have been given,” Szczesny told Foot Truck, according to Tuttosport. “No one in the media is talking about it ......

Continue -> https://bit.ly/2V6oBXH

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
130542 messaggi

“We are very good friends” Wojciech Szczesny opens up on his relationship with Allegri

Szczesny

Juventus goalkeeper Wojciech Szczesny has opened up on his relationship with his manager Max Allegri and insists they are very good friends.

The Polish goalie has been one of the finest players in the Bianconeri squad and the gaffer supported him to remain number one when they had the chance to seal a free transfer for Gianluigi Donnarumma.

He will remain the club’s first choice for a while and might continue to work with Allegri after Juve backed their manager to keep his position on the bench for another season.

“We are very good friends, I respect him because he is capable of telling me things that no one else would, and we are also neighbours since I moved to Turin, so I would say he is a great friend of mine.”

This is probably one of the reasons Allegri backed him to remain the first choice when the gaffer returned to the Allianz Stadium two seasons ago.

Read more -> https://www.juvefc.com/we-are-very-good-friends-wojciech-szczesny-opens-up-on-his-relationship-with-allegri/

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
130542 messaggi

Wojciech Szczesny remains with the Poland national team despite injury

Wojciech Szczesny, Poland And Juventus' Penalty-Saving King

Wojciech Szczesny, who missed Juventus’ last two matches due to injury, is expected to make his return after the current international break. However, despite his injury status, he was included in the Poland squad for their latest international fixtures and has joined the national team for training.

It’s not uncommon for injured players to report to their national teams and then return to their clubs after being evaluated by their national team medical staff. In Szczesny’s case, he is still with the Poland squad, and it remains uncertain whether he will participate in their upcoming matches. ......

Read more -> https://www.juvefc.com/wojciech-szczesny-remains-with-the-poland-national-team-despite-injury/

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
130542 messaggi

Juventus is undecided on the future of Wojciech Szczesny and he could be sold

Szczesny

Wojciech Szczesny’s future is far from certain, even though there is no doubt that he is the undisputed number one at Juventus at the moment.

The Polish goalkeeper is one of the club’s key players and one of the first names on the teamsheet in Turin. However, his future is uncertain; this could be his last season on the books of the Bianconeri.

Juve has to decide if they want to offer him a new deal or allow him to leave for a fee in the next transfer window. ..............

Read more -> https://www.juvefc.com/juventus-is-undecided-on-the-future-of-wojciech-szczesny-and-he-could-be-sold/

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
130542 messaggi

Wojciech Szczesny sets a new career best after AC Milan match

Szczesny

Wojciech Szczesny is undeniably one of the world’s premier goalkeepers, and this is why he has retained his position as Juventus’ first-choice goalkeeper for the past few seasons. ...............

His clean sheet against AC Milan in his most recent game marked a new career milestone. The outcome of that match has made the Bianconeri goalkeeper one of the select few to reach 200 career clean sheets. This remarkable achievement occurred in 520 professional matches, a testament to the former Arsenal player’s talent and consistency. ...............

Read more -> https://www.juvefc.com/wojciech-szczesny-sets-a-new-career-best-after-ac-milan-match/

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
130542 messaggi

Szczesny doesn’t hide Scudetto ambitions: “I’m not fighting for fourth or third place”

Juventus-Roma 1-0, Szczesny: "Sogniamo lo scudetto. Non mi aspetterò mai di  fare 80% possesso palla"

Juventus goalkeeper Wojciech Szczesny sets high ambitions following his side’s win over Roma on Saturday night.

The Polish custodian didn’t have an awful lot to do between the posts against his former employers. However, he was always alert to the danger and did well to collect a threatening curler from Paulo Dybala.

The 33-year-old rounded off the year by adding another clean sheet to the tally while helping the club cut the deficit with Inter to just two points.

Therefore, Szczesny feels that this is the right time for Juventus to start aiming for the Scudetto rather than setting lower objectives.

“It’s still early. We’re two points behind, but this year, I’m not fighting for fourth or third place,” said the Poland international.

“We are in Juve, if you want to play at these levels you aim for the maximum objectives. Inter are strong, but we can compete with them.” ...............

“We are not a team that plays beautiful football but we have the spirit and unity of the group. ...............

Read more -> https://www.juvefc.com/szczesny-doesnt-hide-scudetto-ambitions-im-not-fighting-for-fourth-or-third-place/

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
130542 messaggi

Szczesny rejects renewal offer, Juventus reignite interest in two possible alternatives

3795741-77204748-2560-1440.jpg

Juventus goalkeeper Wojciech Szczesny has reportedly rejected a contract extension offer, prompting the club to consider alternatives.

The Pole triggered an automatic renewal clause last season, pushing back the deadline to 2025.

However, the Bianconeri are looking to tie down their reliable Number One with a longer deal while decreasing his salary.

The 33-year-old is one of the club’s highest earners, collecting around 6 million euros as net wages per year.

But the custodian has rejected the club’s proposal.

The source claims that Szczesny has told Juventus that he doesn’t intend to renew his contract beyond 2025.

Therefore, the Bianconeri are now searching for a replacement, someone who would either join the club this summer or in 2025. ...............

Read more -> https://www.juvefc.com/report-szczesny-rejects-renewal-offer-juventus-reignite-interest-in-two-possible-alternatives/

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
130542 messaggi

Juventus needs a sacrifice from Wojciech Szczesny to hand him a new contract

Pagelle Inter-Juventus 1-0, voti e tabellino Serie A 2023/2024

Wojciech Szczesny is among the Juventus players whose contracts are nearing expiration. The Bianconeri’s primary goalkeeper has consistently demonstrated his reliability, notably salvaging the team from a potential setback during their recent fixture against Inter Milan. His remarkable saves played a pivotal role in mitigating the extent of the defeat, thereby maintaining a respectable scoreline for Juventus.

Szczesny is keen on extending his stay at the club beyond his current contract, which is set to conclude in 2025. Despite receiving interest from Saudi Arabia last summer, the Polish goalkeeper has expressed his desire to remain with Juventus. ...............

Read more -> https://www.juvefc.com/juventus-needs-a-sacrifice-from-wojciech-szczesny-to-hand-him-a-new-contract/

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti