Accedi per seguire   
Socrates

Blaise Matuidi

130742 messaggi

swcy9l.png

Matuidi: ‘Juventus will win Scudetto’

http://www.football-italia.net/111152/matuidi-‘juventus-will-win-scudetto’

Oct 11, 2017

Blaise Matuidi expects Napoli to “stay with us to the end” to win the Scudetto but “I’m sure in the end Juventus will win”.

The midfielder joined the Bianconeri from Paris Saint-Germain in the summer, and he was asked today if the Partenopei’s great start had surprised him.

“I’m not surprised to see Napoli so high up,” Matuidi told Sky.

“They’re getting better and better. They’ve been playing together for some time, and they’ll stay with us until the end.

“It’s a long season, but I’m sure in the end Juventus will win the title.”

Juve face Lazio this weekend, with a win allowing them to return to the top of Serie A, at least temporarily.

“It’s a beautiful game, and a difficult one. They’re full of confidence but we’re playing at home and we want to win.

“My adaptation? It’s important for me that I have [Coach Max] Allegri’s confidence, so I can feel good for the national team too.

“My performances with my club determine those with France, and I’m happy with what I’m doing at Juventus.

“We have important objectives we want to achieve, like finishing above [Napoli Coach Maurizio] Sarri. I want to guarantee my contribution.”

Finally, the midfielder was asked about Gianluigi Buffon being nominate for the Ballon d’Or.

“I hope he can find himself on the podium, because he had a great season. In any case we’re very proud of him. He’s a legend.”

Condividi questo messaggio

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
130742 messaggi

swcy9l.png

Matuidi: ‘I want to make history’

http://www.football-italia.net/112512/matuidi-‘i-want-make-history’

Nov 8, 2017

Blaise Matuidi says he wants to “enter into the history of Juventus”, and praises the organisation behind the scenes.

The French midfielder joined from Paris Saint-Germain this summer, and already feels well integrated with the club.

“In all honesty I didn’t expect to have such a good start,” Mautidi told Le Figaro.

“Usually as a new signing - even more so from a new country - you need a certain amount of time to adapt. Personally I immediately adapted to Turin, and quickly fit into the Juventus mould.

“As soon as I arrived they helped me with everything. The club includes everything.

“If I feel good in my life then I’ll be good on the pitch too, so they did everything to help me and my family to integrate.

“Whether that was finding a house, taking Italian lessons with a private teacher, the international school for the children, telling us all the good places to go… Everything has been done to help us acclimatise.

“What has impressed me? Two completely different things. The first is the trophy room, with 35 league titles and two Champions Leagues, when you visit the museum that really catches your eye!

“It’s exceptional, beautiful… you don’t even know if there’s room to fit another cup, we’ll have to find out.

“After that there’s the workload. It’s impressive. In general I was in the habit of switching off a bit during training sessions, but that’s not the way they do things here.

“You only have to spend a week here to see why Juve get results. There’s a big staff, everyone knows perfectly what their job is. It’s clinical, surgical, and nothing is left to chance. There’s no place for ‘roughly’ or ‘almost’ in this club.

“The reputation for rigour is unsurpassed and I’m well placed to say that.

“When I arrived I was told about the Frenchmen who had made history with the club: Michel Platini, Zinedine Zidane, David Trezeguet, Didier Deschamps, Thierry Henry and I forget who else.

“Before I came here I’d discussed it with Paul Pogba and Patrice Evra, who told me a lot of good things.

“It’s an institution steeped in history, and my compatriots did very good things here. I hope I can make my own mark here and enter into the history of Juventus.”

image.png

Matuidi was then asked what it’s like to play with Gianluigi Buffon, the Bianconeri captain.

“It’s wonderful! I didn’t know him personally before I came here. In fact, to be honest with you I saw the man before the player. A great footballer can also be a great man, and he’s exactly that.

“He’s the ultimate in class. He was very welcoming with me and put me at my ease right away. When I signed he was one of the first to send me a message to welcome me.

“It’s Gigi, he's a legend. He’s left his mark on football history and I hope he’ll manage to make it to a final World Cup.

“When you see him on a daily basis, you understand why he endures. I spoke of not leaving the slightest thing to chance, and Gianluigi is the perfect symbol of that.

“He always asks questions of himself, and he always finds solutions for the team because he’s a real leader.

“Frankly though everyone here is smiling and caring. We talk all languages, whether it’s Italian, Spanish, English or French. Sometimes it flies in all directions!

“I mix it up and the lads have trouble understanding my accent. After that there are Francophones like Miralem Pjanic and Mehdi Benatia with whom I can communicate more easily.

image.png

“Paulo Dybala? He’s exceptional in everything he does. He’s a 23-year-old lad who is shot through with talent, he succeeds in almost everything he tries. I see him going very far.

“He’s assumed the role of a technical leader at Juve, he’s great.”

So there are no regrets about leaving France and Paris to move to Italy and Turin?

“Not at all, on the contrary,” Matuidi responded.

“I’m very happy because I came here at an age [30] where I needed to have an experience outside of my own country.

“Signing for Juventus isn’t nothing. Beyond my life as a footballer, I feel fulfilled as a man and a father.

“Discovering a new life abroad for me and my children is enriching. At home we’ve started speaking in English, and a little bit of Italian.

“It’s the best thing that could happen to us and as a father I’m thrilled.

“Right now I’m happy in Turin and I hope to stay here for many years. Life is beautiful.

“I’m in the France squad and it’s an honour every time. We’re getting older, young people are pushing us and I’m working so the end comes as late as possible.”

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
130742 messaggi

swcy9l.png

Matuidi: ‘We sent clear message’

http://www.football-italia.net/113732/matuidi-‘we-sent-clear-message’

Dec 3, 2017

Juventus’ Blaise Matuidi says his side’s win over Napoli sent out ‘a clear message’ to their Serie A title rivals.

Gonzalo Higuain’s goal gave the Old Lady a vital victory over Maurizio Sarri’s team on Friday, hauling the defending champions back to within one point of the then-League leaders.

Speaking to Sky Sport, the French midfielder hailed Juve’s ‘very important’ win but added that there is still a long way to go in the season.

“It wasn’t a decisive match, but it was definitely very important,” Matuidi said.

“Winning meant a lot in terms of our season in the League. We sent out a clear message – that Juve are there, that the team is strong and on course for the Scudetto.

“We work every day in order to be the best. Our aim is to win and the season is long.”

Matuidi then looked ahead to Juve’s decisive Champions League clash with Olympiacos in the week.

Max Allegri’s team must beat the Greek champions in order to be certain of progression to the Round of 16.

Should they fail to do so, they will be dependent on Portuguese side Sporting CP failing to defeat Barcelona in the group’s other game.

“We mustn’t think about the risks, just about going out on the pitch to win, like in every game.

“We will go there to play our game against a team who are difficult to face.

“But we have all the potential to do well and get the three decisive points.”

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
130742 messaggi

swcy9l.png

Matuidi: ‘Juve can do well with Spurs’

http://www.football-italia.net/114280/matuidi-‘juve-can-do-well-spurs’

Dec 14, 2017

Blaise Matuidi acknowledges “Tottenham Hotspur are a strong team” but “Juventus have great experience in the Champions League”.

The Bianconeri have been drawn against the English side in the Last 16, and the French midfielder discussed the tie with JTV.

“Tottenham are a strong team, both technically and athletically,” Matuidi warned.

“They play quickly, they go box-to-box as is the norm in the Premier League but Juventus have great experience in the Champions League and have all the characteristics to play our game and do well.”

Matuidi signed for Juve from Paris Saint-Germain this summer, and he’s got the best pass completion rate of anyone in the team.

“I want to improve even more, give more for the team and maybe score a goal… even if the most important thing is for Juventus to win.

“I’m settling in really well, my teammates and my staff welcomed me in the best way, and I think I’ve integrated myself in the best way. I’m really happy to be at Juventus!”

The Bianconeri haven’t conceded in their last five matches, and Matuidi played 90 minutes in four of those.

“The defenders do an extraordinary job, and the whole team is good at contributing to the defensive phase,” the 30-year-old said.

“The basic rule in football is to defend well, then obviously you have to know how to take chances and score.”

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
130742 messaggi

swcy9l.png

Cagliari apologise to Matuidi

https://www.football-italia.net/115272/cagliari-apologise-matuidi

Jan 7, 2018

Cagliari have apologised to Juventus midfielder Blaise Matuidi after he claimed to have experienced racism between the two sides on Saturday.

Matuidi wrote a Facebook post after Juve’s 1-0 win against Cagliari to explain the racist abuse he received at the Sardegna Arena, and the Rossoblu issued a response to the Frenchman on Twitter.

“You’re a great player, an example to young players,” the message read.

“We want to apologise to you if you were insulted at the Sardegna Arena because of the colour of your skin.

“Racism has nothing to do with the Sardinian people. Only ignorance can explain certain behaviour. Respect.”

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
130742 messaggi

swcy9l.png

Balotelli reaches out to Matuidi

https://www.football-italia.net/115275/balotelli-reaches-out-matuidi

Jan 7, 2018

Mario Balotelli has reached out to Blaise Matuidi after his claims of racism during Cagliari-Juventus. “Not all Italians are like that.”

Matuidi wrote a Facebook post after Juve’s 1-0 win at Cagliari, alleging he was subjected to racist abuse by Rossoblu fans, and Balotelli showed solidarity with the midfielder, having suffered discrimination of his own in the past.

“Blaise I’ve been through this, don’t let the ignorance of a few affect you,” noted the Nice striker on his Instagram account.

“Not all Italians are like that. Keep doing great bro!”

Blaise I’ve been through this, don’t let the ignorance of a few affect you. Not all italians are like that. Keep doing great bro! Blaise sono passato anche io attraverso questo, non lasciare che L' ignoranza di pochi ti affetti. Non tutti gli italiani sono così. Continua a fare bene frate!

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
130742 messaggi

swcy9l.png

UNESCO condemn Matuidi racism

https://www.football-italia.net/115323/unesco-condemn-matuidi-racism

Jan 9, 2017

The French sports minister and the UNESCO director general condemn “in the strongest possible terms” the racism suffered by Juventus midfielder Blaise Matuidi.

The former Paris Saint-Germain man revealed on Saturday night that he had suffered racist abuse from the Cagliari supporters during the Bianconeri’s 1-0 win.

While the Isolani have apologised unreservedly, for which Matuidi thanked them, but it’s far from the first incident of this kind in Serie A.

“Racism has no place in sport, on or off the pitch,” a joint statement from UNESCO’s Audrey Azoulay and French sports minister Laura Flessel reads.

“We condemn in the strongest possible terms the racist insults suffered by Blaise Matuidi, a player for Juventus and the French national team.

“We condemn all racist acts which disturb too many sporting events around the world, sport must be a vector for transcendence, mutual understanding and tolerance.

“There is no justification for hijacking it to stir hatred, discrimination and rejection.

“We are not born racist, we become that way. Sport and football, which is followed by millions of people, must project the best of ourselves, and must teach tolerance and respect.

“We call on all political and sporting leaders to join forces for this great cause.”

Since 2014, Juventus and UNESCO have been working on join initiatives to combat racism, including the ‘Colour? What colour?’ report published in 2015.

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
130742 messaggi

swcy9l.png

No sanctions for Cagliari! .oddio

https://www.football-italia.net/115332/no-sanctions-cagliari

Jan 9, 2017

The Lega Serie A has announced no action will be taken against Cagliari for racist chanting, as the referee and observers didn’t hear it.

Juventus midfielder Blaise Matuidi revealed after the match that he’d been subjected to racist abuse during the 1-0 win on Saturday night.

The Isolani apologised for the chants, which were condemned by UNESCO and the French sports minister, but no action will be taken against the Sardinian club.

“With regard to Cagliari-Juventus, no determination can be made with regard to Cagliari for the despicable expressions of racial discrimination of which the Juventus player Blaise Matuidi reports he was the subject,” today’s disciplinary report affirms, before explaining why.

“Those expressions were not heard by either the match referee, nor by the employees Federal Public Prosecutor's Office, nor by the GOS as per the reports filed with his office.

“Therefore, with regard to article 11 paragraph 3 of the laws, no sanction can be brought.”

There will be no video review of Medhi Benatia’s challenge on Leonardo Pavoletti in the lead-up to Juve’s goal in that match, as the referee, Gianpaolo Calvarese saw it and played advantage, with Cagliari playing on.

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
130742 messaggi

swcy9l.png

Boateng: ‘I suffered with Matuidi’

https://www.football-italia.net/115405/boateng-‘i-suffered-matuidi’

Jan 10, 2017

Kevin-Prince Boateng offers his support to Juventus midfielder Blaise Matuidi - “we’re all in this together”.

The former Milan man famously walked off the pitch having been racially abused in a friendly with Pro Patria, and Matuidi was subjected to similar vile abuse in the 1-0 win at Cagliari.

“I’m suffering for Blaise, he was insulted for the colour of his skin,” Boateng told Frankfurter Neuen Presse.

“Just think how that feels. What’s sad is that - at most - in these cases a club gets fined €20,000. It’s ridiculous.

“I suffer with him, I’ve asked for his phone number so I can call him. We need to present a united front and stand against these things.

“We’re all in this together.”

Another incident which has caused outrage this week was fashion label H&M releasing an advert which showed a black child in a hoodie which bore the words “coolest monkey in the jungle”.

“I was shaking with rage when I saw that advert,” said Boateng.

“I’m angry and sad that these things still happen. For such a big company to make such an error, even unintentionally, is very sad.

“And no-one can tell me it has nothing to do with racism. I’ve been called a monkey too many times, excuses aren’t enough.

“Such a mistake just shouldn’t happen.”

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
130742 messaggi

swcy9l.png

Matuidi: ‘Crazy Serie A organisation’

https://www.football-italia.net/115923/matuidi-‘crazy-serie-organisation’

Jan 21, 2018

Blaise Matuidi admits he has been surprised by the ‘crazy organisation’ of every team in Serie A since joining Juventus.

The French midfielder is in his first season with the Old Lady, having joined the Serie A champions from Paris Saint-Germain last summer.

And speaking to Tuttosport, the 30-year-old admitted to having been taken aback by the tactical attention to detail deployed by Italian Coaches.

“I am very happy here, I acclimatised well because there is a style of football here that I really like,” Matuidi commented.

“Serie A is very difficult from a tactical point of view. From the outside you don’t realise it but then you go on the pitch against any team and there is crazy organisation.

“It’s a difficult League and I really want to win this Scudetto. We’ll do everything we can to win it, it would be exceptional to win a seventh in a row.”

Matuidi has established himself as an important member of Max Allegri’s squad since his arrival, making 29 appearances in all competitions and scoring twice.

“It’s an honour to wear the Juventus shirt. They are a club with a great history but also a glorious present.

“They have won the last six Scudetti in a row and they have made Champions League finals. I am honoured to be here.”

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
130742 messaggi

swcy9l.png

Matuidi misses Juventus training

https://www.football-italia.net/116053/matuidi-misses-juventus-training

Jan 23, 2018

Blaise Matuidi missed Juventus training today, as he has a severely bruised thigh after the win over Genoa.

The French international played the whole 90 minutes of last night’s match, in which both Sami Khedira and Alex Sandro had to go off injured.

Those two worked in the gym in a recovery session along with the rest of the players who featured last night, the Bianconeri’s official website confirms, while the rest of the group did athletic and technical work with the ball.

Matuidi skipped today’s session though as he reported “a severe contusion to the right thigh with consequent bleeding” after last night’s match.

His situation will be evaluated in the coming days, with the rest of the squad returning to full training tomorrow morning.

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
130742 messaggi

swcy9l.png

Matuidi out for a month?

https://www.football-italia.net/116053/matuidi-misses-juventus-training

Feb 5, 2018

Blaise Matuidi’s thigh injury could be worse than first feared as the Juventus midfielder reportedly risks a month out.

Matuidi was forced off during Juve’s 7-0 victory over Sassuolo on Sunday, with Max Allegri stating after the game that the Frenchman would miss their upcoming games against Fiorentina and Tottenham Hotspur.

However, Corriere della Sera believes the 30-year-old faces a longer spell on the sidelines, potentially ruling him out of the derby with Torino, as well as a double header against Atalanta and trips to Lazio and Wembley Stadium.

Nonetheless, the newspaper stresses a recovery time will only be confirmed once the results of his tests are known.

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
130742 messaggi

swcy9l.png

Matuidi has thigh injury

https://www.football-italia.net/116785/matuidi-has-thigh-injury

Feb 5, 2018

Juventus have confirmed that midfielder Blaise Matuidi has suffered a thigh injury, which will require further tests.

The French international went off injured in the first half of yesterday’s Sassuolo match, and it was reported earlier today he could face a month on the sidelines.

“Following the injury sustained yesterday against Sassuolo, Blaise Matuidi underwent tests at J|Medical on Monday afternoon, which revealed a mild-medium tear to the flexor muscles in his left thigh,” the Bianconeri confirmed on their official website.

“The Bianconeri midfielder has already started therapy and further tests will be necessary to better ascertain the extent of his injury.”

Matuidi is therefore at serious risk of missing out on the first leg of the Old Lady's Champions League tie with Tottenham Hotspur.

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
130742 messaggi

swcy9l.png

Matuidi back on Monday?

https://www.football-italia.net/117225/matuidi-back-monday

Feb 15, 2018

Juventus could have Blaise Matuidi available for the second leg with Tottenham Hotspur, as it’s reported he’ll return to training on Monday.

The Frenchman missed Tuesday’s 2-2 draw in the Champions League Last 16 first leg with a thigh problem, and many pundits felt the Bianconeri missed his physicality and industry.

Now Tuttosport is reporting that he could return to training on Monday morning, after Sunday’s Derby della Mole with Torino.

That would put him in contention for the double-header with Atalanta in Serie A and then the Coppa Italia, but it’s more likely he’ll be eased back in, so Lazio away may be a more realistic return date.

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
130742 messaggi

swcy9l.png

Matuidi: 'Buffon kiss an honour'

https://www.football-italia.net/117976/matuidi-buffon-kiss-honour

https://www.football-italia.net/117975/matuidi-juventus-improved-me

Mar 3, 2018

Blaise Matuidi reveals he was “honoured” to be greeted by Juventus captain Gigi Buffon with a kiss. “It really struck me. Huge, huge respect!”

The former Paris Saint-Germain midfielder spoke to L’Equipe about his move to Turin this season.

“I came to a dressing room that had just made the Champions League Final and won six Scudetti in a row. With players who had won the World Cup, the legend Gigi Buffon…

“Even though I’m an international player who achieved good things in France and with Paris, I came in on tiptoes. Luckily for me my teammates are both welcoming people and quality footballers, experienced players.

“I was helped by Medhi Benatia and Miralem Pjanic, who speak French. And also by Gigi. I knew him as a player, but not as a man. And the man is extraordinary too. Huge, huge respect!

“His first contact with me was a kiss! He gave me a kiss! It really struck me, I took it as a way of saying ‘you’re family’. And that’s wonderful, coming from him it’s an honour.

“He’s a great professional, I watch him in training and with the physios. In the image of the club, he leaves nothing to chance, that’s his strength. And then, that talent! To get where he is hard work isn’t enough. And I can guarantee you, he has talent.”

Which players most impressed Matuidi during their training sessions?

“If I had to name two, I’d say Paulo Dybala and Pjanic. Paulo is a little younger, and I see him becoming very, very great. He’s a genius with the ball.

“Mire has already done some good things and still has good years ahead of him. When you’re close to him, you realise what an exceptional player he is. He knows how to do everything: score, dribble, block shots. And he has a good head on his shoulders.

“These two surprised me, and that’s without talking about Gigi. And I don’t forget the others.”

Matuidi was asked about the incidences of racism he has encountered in Italian stadiums, but defended his new home.

“It’s not in all of them. We’ve played a lot of matches and it’s ‘only’ happened twice. Twice is too many, but let’s not generalise and even in these stadiums it’s a minority.

“That’s the negative point and clearly it hurt me. These are things you don’t want to see in football.

“But I got the support of a lot of Italians, especially on social media. The club supported me a lot, the fans too.

“I don’t know what I’ll do if it happens again. The last time, in Cagliari, I thought of walking off. Then I thought about my teammates, and I thought I couldn't do that to them. My teammates and the club only want good things for me.

“I wear the Juve shirt, and my objective is to perform for this club and help the team. That’s why I stayed on the pitch, and I think I’d do the same if it were to happen again.

“It’s better to ignore it and stay focused on the match. My mother has advised me, I’ll listen.”

Blaise Matuidi explains how he improved at Juventus, tuned into the winning mentality and hard work ethic. “I feel like I’ve completed a course.”

The France international sat down for a lengthy interview with newspaper L’Equipe about his time in Turin. 

“When I was little I followed the big players, and Juve had a lot: Baggio, Del Piero, Buffon, Thuram, Davids… Edgar Davids, he was truly one of my role models! Juve, for me, represented class. That black and white shirt and a team that showed respect.

“I remember a Juve-Paris Saint-Germain game [the European Super Cup in 1997]. Since I grew up in the Parisian region, I was of course cheering for Paris. Juve won 6-1 - what a great team!”

Matuidi arrived this season, but had been in advanced negotiations for a transfer in 2016.

“I talked a lot with Paul [Pogba]. He told me a lot of good things about this club. Their desire to win, their rigour, their work ethic and high standards.

“I exchanged information with Pat [Evra] who also told me only good things. And the national team Coach [Didier Deschamps] also passed through there.

“On the first day I discovered J-Medical. There, I was shocked! All those machines, all the medical staff… There’s absolutely everything here, it’s extraordinary.

“Right away I released they left nothing to chance, and that’s the mark of the great teams. I saw several doctors, and each one specialised in one part of the body. If you have a problem with your hand, don’t worry, here’s a hand specialist.

“They checked me for everything. And the follow-up is very much tailored to the individual. When I arrived I wasn’t too used to working in the gym. We must tell the truth here: we, the French - with some exceptions - don’t like working too hard outside of training.

“Here I got the taste for that kind of work. The strength in my upper and lower body, the way of positioning myself… After a few months I’m already noticing that it’s doing me a lot of good.

“I feel like I’ve completed a course. In a match I have less problems repeating an action at high intensity, I can keep it up with no problem. After games I don’t have cramps, which happened to me a lot before.

“I sometimes had problems with going shoulder-to-shoulder with people and I’ve improved in that too, and in a very short time. It’s all thanks to the work I do outside of training.”

Much is made of the ‘winning mentality’ at Juventus and Matuidi acknowledges it really does exist.

“It’s a matter of permanent requirement. Our Coach [Max Allegri] always wants more. When you have a Coach who tells you ‘that’s good’ all the time, you rest on your laurels. He tells us incessantly ‘that wasn’t good’, and it pushes us to improve. Then we work on tactics a huge amount. In that respect our Coach is on a very high level.

“Here, the slogan is ‘vincere’. Before the match we hear the fans sing it over and over again. I feel perfectly attuned to that.

“You can take pleasure in things without winning, but it’s multiplied when you win. What’s really striking here is that the institution takes precedence. We feel that it has been here for a very long time and now we must serve it.

“The institution is stronger than the players, that’s what you get at very big clubs. I remember something Pat [Evra] told me when he wanted me to join him. He said: ‘Blaise, Juventus is the club you need’. Pat was right.

“This is the club I needed to continue to progress and be successful at club level and in the national team. At my age, I needed that, I’m enjoying a second youth.

“I would have been frustrated if I’d ended my career without playing abroad. And what an experience, it’s magnificent! Not everyone gets to play for Juventus.”

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
130742 messaggi

swcy9l.png

Matuidi admits Juve struggles

https://www.football-italia.net/118742/matuidi-admits-juve-struggles

Mar 19, 2018

Blaise Matuidi admits he found Juventus ‘tiring’ at first but credits his first six months at the club for making him ‘stronger’.

Matuidi has impressed in his first season with Juve, making 38 appearances since arriving from Paris Saint-Germain last summer, but the Frenchman confesses it has not all been plain-sailing.

“Madrid? They’re the toughest team we could’ve been drawn, given they’re the current European champions,” the midfielder told Canal+

“They’ll be two big games. The first game will be at home and we must try to win it, although we have the quality to do so.

“You work hard at Juve and feel tired at first, but you get used to it. I feel stronger physically and I think everything is due to the work of the last six months.”

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
130742 messaggi

swcy9l.png

Matuidi: ‘Scudetto will go to the wire’

https://www.football-italia.net/118790/matuidi-‘scudetto-will-go-wire’

Mar 20, 2018

Juventus midfielder Blaise Matuidi believes the Scudetto race will go down to the wire as “Napoli are having the season of their lives”.

The Bianconeri are a point clear at the top of Serie A, but both teams are setting a furious pace and are likely to crack the 90 point barrier.

“It’s all going well,” Mautidi told Le Figaro.

“After that, as they’ve been telling me since I arrived here, when you’re at Juve you don’t judge things at this point of the season.

“We [the French] often say that you pay the musicians at the end of the dance, and at Juve it’s the same.

“We’re on a really good run and we have to be, because Napoli are having the season of their lives.

“There’s suspense and it’ll go to the wire, it’s exciting for the public and for us too. But nothing has been played yet.”

Matuidi also discussed his adaption in Turin, having previously spent his entire career in France.

“When I arrived I quickly realised that this club has a huge history. You realise when you go to the museum with the number of trophies, or when you go through the training centre - by photos, replicas, all the trophies won, the great players who have played here - the responsibility of wearing this shirt.

“Juve represents an institution that wasn’t born yesterday, so when you’re a player you want to make sure you’re at the level to respect that.

“Nothing is left to chance here, there are I-don’t-know-how-many specialists:  foot, legs, upper body; technical staff, workouts on and off the pitch - they never leave us alone!

“That’s the hallmark here, and if we leave nothing on the pitch it’s because we work like crazy every day.

“There are times when we struggle, when our opponents can take the ascendancy but as we say here: ‘fino alla fine’.

“We fight to the end, and that’s our strength.

“The slogan of this club is ‘vincere’, ‘to win’ and it’s not just there to look pretty.

“In some games, like the double-header with Tottenham, we give the impression that we’re suffering, but it’s in that suffering we get the best from the group.

“Until the end, we want to have the last word.”

The French international was also asked why he decided to leave PSG in the summer.

“Honestly I needed a change of scenery. I had six wonderful years at PSG but I needed another environment, a different culture.

“That’s the challenge I set myself. I won’t say I was comfortable in Paris, but I felt the urge to put myself in danger.

“I could win my first Scudetto with Juve, and maybe even more. Then at the end of my career I could say that I didn’t just win in France.

“It would be rewarding for me and my children, I could look at them and say: ‘look kids, daddy played well in France and Italy’.

“It’s also for them that we tried this adventure abroad. I say ‘we’ because I’m including my wife in this adventure. We thought about and decided everything together.

“My two daughters speak better English and Italian than me because they go to the international school so it’s easier for them.

“They’re gifted, and it’s they who give me lessons. My little boy goes there too, it’s a beautiful thing and it will help them later in life.

“I didn’t have that chance, so it makes me proud that I can give them that.

“My wife and children are the most important thing in my life, it was essential that they feel good in Turin and it’s no secret I feel good on the pitch too.

“It’s not just specific to being a footballer, I imagine if you [the interviewer, Baptiste Desprez] didn’t feel good in your life your work would suffer. It’s the same for me.

“Will I play until I’m 40 then? There are a lot of examples of longevity here! It’s maybe a bit much though, right?

“I have to see if the club still trusts me, the young people push you and you have to be up to it. But I’ll play football for as long as I can.”

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
130742 messaggi

swcy9l.png

Matuidi: 'Juve can eliminate Real Madrid'

https://www.football-italia.net/118957/matuidi-juve-can-eliminate-real-madrid

Mar 24, 2018

Blaise Matuidi is confident Juventus “have everything it takes” to eliminate Real Madrid in the Champions League quarter-finals.

The midfielder spoke to reporters after France threw away a 2-0 lead to lose their friendly 3-2 against Colombia last night.

“Eliminating Real Madrid will be difficult, but Juve have everything it takes to achieve that,” said Matuidi.

“It’s a very important game for us and a very complicated one, because they are a great side and the reigning champions of Europe.

“However, we know that we can cause them problems and we’ll do everything we can to win the first leg on home turf. We can do it.”

The former Paris Saint-Germain star joined Juve over the summer, so was not part of the Bianconeri squad that lost the Champions League Final 4-1 to Real Madrid last season.

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
130742 messaggi

swcy9l.png

Matuidi: Juve ‘almost dizzying’

https://www.football-italia.net/119314/matuidi-juve-almost-dizzying

Apr 2, 2018

Blaise Matuidi admits he feels ‘almost dizzy’ whenever he thinks about the history of Juventus.

Matuidi is coming to the end of his first season as a Juve player, and the former Paris Saint-Germain midfielder confessed to being taken aback by the Bianconeri.

“To have progressed like I have has been a surprise. I feel like I’ve moved up a level,” he told Bros. Stories on YouTube.

“It was just what I needed, someone to take me by the hand. That’s what happened to me in Turin.

“There are many elements that lead you to perform every day at Juventus, and then you feel them on the field.

“The first time I entered the pitch as a Juventus player, I felt great pride, the pride in wearing this shirt, because I thought of all the champions who wore it before me, from Platini to Zidane, Thuram to Del Piero, Nedved, Baggio and all the others.

“If you think about the history of this club, you feel almost dizzy.” 

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
130742 messaggi

Home

Inter charged with racist chanting

https://www.football-italia.net/120712/inter-charged-racist-chanting

Apr 30, 2018

Inter fans have been accused by the Lega Serie A of racist chanting aimed at Juventus’ Blaise Matuidi, so an investigation has been opened by the prosecutor.

After 55 minutes of Saturday night’s Derby d’Italia, all three of the observers present in the stadium heard “chants expressive of racial discrimination” aimed at the Frenchman from all three levels of the Curva Verde, “which lasted for a few seconds”.

However, under Serie A rules a certain percentage of fans must have taken part for there to be any sanction, and as the three observers were all far away from the Curva Verde, it could not be established how many fans took part.

Therefore “it’s necessary to acquire the data, even approximate, on the occupancy of the sectors involved, as well as receive confirmation that the chants heard came from all three sectors of the Curva Verde, as indicated in the report”.

As a result, the Lega Serie A has “reserved any decision on the matter, including the suspension of the execution of the penalty imposed on the occasion of the Internazionale-Napoli game on April 30”, while giving the prosecutor the mandate to “acquire the data and elements indicated above”.

Napoli’s Kalidou Koulibaly, Roma defender Juan Jesus, Matias Vecino of Inter and Benevento midfielder Danilo Cataldi all received a one-game ban for their respective red cards.

Also missing Week 36 are Juventus midfielder Miralem Pjanic, Enrico Brignola of Benevento, Atalanta’s Mattia Caldara, Inter full-back Danilo Ambrosio, Torino’s Emiliano Moretti, Vincent Laurini of Fiorentina and Cagliari centre-back Leandro Castan, who all picked up a fifth booking and incurred a one-game ban.

Juventus Coach Massimiliano Allegri has been given a warning after coming on to the pitch to stop his players celebrating their winning goal against Inter.

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
130742 messaggi

Home

Matuidi: ‘Nice to have Ronaldo’

https://www.football-italia.net/123981/matuidi-‘nice-have-ronaldo’

Jul 4, 2018

Juventus midfielder Blaise Matuidi says “it would be nice to have one of the best players in the world”, amid Cristiano Ronaldo rumours.

The Portuguese superstar is being linked with a move to Turin this summer, in a €100m deal.

It has been claimed that CR7 is being offered a €30m per season contract, four times what current top earner Gonzalo Higuain makes.

It has been suggested that Adidas could help fund the move, but Ronaldo signed a ‘lifetime’ deal with Nike just two years ago.

The endorsement is said to be worth $1bn, and will continue even after he retires.

Ronaldo is only the third athlete to agree such a partnership, after LeBron James and Michael Jordan, and the first footballer.

The rumour has nonetheless caught fire, and Matuidi was asked about it in a Press conference at France’s training camp.

“We’re at the World Cup,” Matuidi pointed out.

“Yes, I’ve heard the talk but for now it’s just a rumour. I won’t lie, it would be nice to have one of the best players in the world at Juventus. It would be fantastic for the club and we Juventus players.

“But I’m with France now and there are other things to think about.”

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
130742 messaggi

Home

Matuidi: ‘CR7 the world’s best’

Risultati immagini per matuidi campione del mondo

https://www.football-italia.net/124646/matuidi-‘cr7-world’s-best’

Jul 19, 2018

Juventus' Blaise Matuidi calls Cristiano Ronaldo “the best player on the planet” but jokes “he gets to share the dressing room with a world champion…”

The midfielder helped France to lift the trophy in Moscow at the weekend, and when he gets back to Juventus he’ll be playing with CR7.

“Cristiano Ronaldo is the best player on the planet, knowing that he will play with us is great,” Matuidi told Gazzetta dello Sport.

“Of course it is for him too, he gets to share the dressing room with a world champion! Two years ago he managed to beat me in the final in Paris, but it’s true that the World Cup is something more than the European Championship.

“It’s a real surprise, but I’m happy and satisfied with what the club has done. Getting someone like him to wear the Bianconeri shirt… we have the best now.”

Has Matuidi had messages from his Juve teammates since winning the final?

“The phone hasn’t stopped ringing since Sunday! The first ones were Medhi Benatia and Miralem Pjanic, but all my teammates were happy for me.

“Then there’s the great Gigione [Gigi Buffon]. He’s no longer my captain, but he remains in my heart.”

Mario Mandzukic was on the other side, did Matuidi console his Juve teammate?

“In fact it was him who immediately congratulated me, I told him and Pjaca that Croatia had played an extraordinary game.

“Obviously though Mario was very sad. There’s only one way to console him: to win a final with him, not against him.”

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
130742 messaggi

Home

Matuidi: ‘I want CL with Juventus’

https://www.football-italia.net/132721/matuidi-‘i-want-cl-juventus’

Jan 2, 2019

World Cup winner Blaise Matuidi is aiming for even more success in 2019 - “I’m thinking of the Champions League with Juventus”.

The Frenchman won the World Cup with Les Bleus in the summer, having already won a Scudetto and Coppa Italia double with the Bianconeri.

“When you become world champion, things can change,” Matuidi explained at the Dubai Sports Council.

“For my part I intend to win even more in the future, I’m thinking of the Champions League with Juventus.

“The Scudetto? There’s so much quality in the Italian league, so to win the title we’ll have to work even harder. The best play at Juventus though.”

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
130742 messaggi

Home

Matuidi: 'We must fight racism'

https://www.football-italia.net/136732/matuidi-we-must-fight-racism

Apr 7, 2019

Blaise Matuidi said Juventus and everyone in football must “not be afraid to stand up and fight” racists, assuring Moise Kean was abused even before his goal in Cagliari.

The tension spilled over at the Sardegna Arena on Tuesday after Kean’s goal, when he stood with arms open in front of the ultras.

Teammate Leonardo Bonucci drew criticism for saying the celebration meant Kean had to shoulder “50-50” blame for the crowd reaction, but Matuidi assures the racist insults were clear even before that.

“At certain points, when we were on the ball, we heard the monkey noises in the crowd,” the France international told Canal Football Club.

“I remember specifically twice that Moise was in front of their goalkeeper and it happened, so that’s important to make clear. That is why Moise celebrated like that when he scored, it was like asking the crowd what they wanted, to show he didn’t understand.

“I thought his gesture was to say: ‘That’s football.’ Immediately after the goal, things intensified a lot, it got worse and worse. Sadly, it kept escalating until the end of the game.”

Matuidi was clearly urging his teammates and Coach Max Allegri to take the team off the field in protest.

“For me, these are stupid people and they do not belong in football stadiums. They simply have to be punished and never allowed into a stadium again. This is not the world I want my children to see.

“We cannot just ignore this, we have to fight. I can no longer stand there and listen to that. We must not be afraid to stand up and fight.

“I felt the referee did not make the right decision, which would’ve been to stop the game. I had a discussion with him on the pitch, it was important and he did listen, so that was good.”

The protocol in Italian football is that the referee cannot suspend the game for racist chants, it is a decision that is made by the officials ensuring security, and their first priority is to ensure public safety, so would be very unlikely to order a halt to the game.

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
130742 messaggi

Home

Juve: Matuidi plays down injury

https://www.football-italia.net/136862/juve-matuidi-plays-down-injury

Apr 11, 2019

Juventus midfielder Blaise Matuidi has insisted that he will be ‘fine’ for next week’s Champions League quarter-final second leg against Ajax.

Matuidi’s calf pulled up in the latter stages of Juve’s 1-1 draw at Ajax on Wednesday, fuelling fears of a layoff for the Frenchman.

However, he told Sky Sport Italia after the game: “I’ll be fine, rest assured.”

The 32-year-old may not be risked for Saturday’s Serie A trip to SPAL in the meantime.

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti