Wednesday, december 26th 2018 - 3:00 p.m. CET 

2.00 p.m. UK time - 2.00 p.m. GMT
Atleti Azzurri d'Italia Stadium - Bergamo

Referee: Luca Banti

Line-ups: Atalanta v Juventus

DvWD_KeX4AEdE87.jpg

https://www.football-italia.net/132490/line-ups-atalanta-v-juventus

Dec 26, 2018

Winter Champions Juventus rest Cristiano Ronaldo for the trip to Bergamo, while Europe-chasing Atalanta have a reshuffled defence.

It kicks off at the Stadio Azzurri d’Italia at 14.00 GMT.

The Bianconeri have already secured the Winter title with two rounds to spare, sitting eight points clear of Napoli.

Max Allegri takes the opportunity of this unusual Boxing Day fixture to rest Cristiano Ronaldo for the first time this season, giving Douglas Costa a start with Paulo Dybala and on-form Mario Mandzukic.

Miralem Pjanic is also rested for Emre Can, but Federico Bernardeschi, Juan Cuadrado, Andrea Barzagli, Joao Cancelo and Blaise Matuidi are out.

Atalanta are back in the race for a European spot, but are forced to revamp their defence, as Rafael Toloi and Jose Luis Palomino are suspended following their red cards in the defeat to Genoa.

Marten De Roon is injured, with Ali Adnan on international duty.

Papu Gomez and Josip Ilicic provide the creativity behind powerhouse centre-forward Mario Mandzukic.

Juve are unbeaten against Atalanta in Serie A since a 2-1 result at the Stadio Azzurri d’Italia in February 2001, followed by 23 victories and four draws. However, the last two trips to Bergamo both ended 2-2.

Atalanta: Berisha; Mancini, Djimsiti, Masiello; Hateboer, Pasalic, Freuler, Castagne; Gomez; Ilicic, Duvan Zapata

Juventus: Szczesny; De Sciglio, Bonucci, Chiellini, Alex Sandro; Khedira, Bentancur, Emre Can; Douglas Costa, Dybala; Mandzukic

Ref: Banti

Condividi questo messaggio

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
130540 messaggi

Home

Schermata_2018-08-11_alle_16.14.17.png

ATALANTA - JUVENTUS   ..........

atalanta-128x128.png                105px-Juventus_FC_2017_logo.png  

..       .   

.118th Matchday

HT 1-1: Atalanta reply to Juventus

DvWcObTWoAAYmVJ.jpg

https://www.football-italia.net/132498/ht-atalanta-reply-juventus

Dec 26, 2018

Duvan Zapata made up for an early Berit Djimsiti howler, as Atalanta are holding Juventus 1-1 at the break in Bergamo.

The Bianconeri were already Winter Champions with two rounds to spare and took the opportunity of this Boxing Day round to rest Cristiano Ronaldo, Blaise Matuidi and Miralem Pjanic, while Juan Cuadrado, Federico Bernardeschi, Andrea Barzagli and Joao Cancelo missed out. Rafael Toloi and Jose Luis Palomino were suspended for the hosts after their red cards in the defeat to Genoa, plus Marten De Roon injured.

Juve were unbeaten against Atalanta in Serie A since a 2-1 result at the Stadio Azzurri d’Italia in February 2001, followed by 23 victories and four draws. However, the last two trips to Bergamo both ended 2-2.

It was the worst possible start for Atalanta, as within two minutes Berat Djimsiti had horribly scuffed his attempted clearance on a harmless Alex Sandro cross at the near post, scoring a comical own goal.

It was nearly 2-0 soon after, as Rodrigo Bentancur’s snapshot from the edge of the box was fingertipped on to the crossbar.

Atalanta slowly shook off that disastrous opening and Wojciech Szczesny had some problems with a Papu Gomez free kick, but Giorgio Chiellini went for the Paulo Dybala cross at the back post, taking it off the head of Mario Mandzukic.

The hosts got a deserved equaliser, as Duvan Zapata gathered a Gomez through ball, turned Leonardo Bonucci as if he weren’t even there and fired in from the edge of the box. It was his fifth consecutive Serie A game on target.

Atalanta were pouring forward and had a series of shots charged down, then Mattia De Sciglio got the block on Duvan Zapata.

Atalanta 1-1 Juventus (Half-Time)

Djimsiti og 2 (J), Duvan Zapata 24 (A)

Atalanta: Berisha; Mancini, Djimsiti, Masiello; Hateboer, Pasalic, Freuler, Castagne; Gomez; Ilicic, Duvan Zapata

Juventus: Szczesny; De Sciglio, Bonucci, Chiellini, Alex Sandro; Khedira, Bentancur, Emre Can; Douglas Costa, Dybala; Mandzukic

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
130540 messaggi

Home

atalanta-128x128.png 2-2  105px-Juventus_FC_2017_logo.png

Berat Djimsiti (o.g. 2')

Duvan Zapata 24

Duvan Zapata 56'

Cristiano Ronaldo 78'

..       .   

.118th Matchday

Atalanta slow 10-man Juventus

DvWrtIIWkAAFeKB.jpg

https://www.football-italia.net/SerieA/match/125234

Dec 26, 2018

It was a 2-2 thriller in Bergamo, as Duvan Zapata scored twice to overturn an early own goal and Cristiano Ronaldo earned a point for 10-man Juventus.

The Bianconeri were already Winter Champions with two rounds to spare and took the opportunity of this Boxing Day round to rest Cristiano Ronaldo, Blaise Matuidi and Miralem Pjanic, while Juan Cuadrado, Federico Bernardeschi, Andrea Barzagli and Joao Cancelo missed out. Rafael Toloi and Jose Luis Palomino were suspended for the hosts after their red cards in the defeat to Genoa, plus Marten De Roon injured.

Juve remain unbeaten against Atalanta in Serie A since a 2-1 result at the Stadio Azzurri d’Italia in February 2001, followed by 23 victories and five draws. However, this was the third consecutive 2-2 draw in Bergamo.

It was the worst possible start for Atalanta, as within two minutes Berat Djimsiti had horribly scuffed his attempted clearance on a harmless Alex Sandro cross at the near post, scoring a comical own goal.

It was nearly 2-0 soon after, as Rodrigo Bentancur’s snapshot from the edge of the box was fingertipped on to the crossbar.

Atalanta slowly shook off that disastrous opening and Wojciech Szczesny had some problems with a Papu Gomez free kick, but Giorgio Chiellini went for the Paulo Dybala cross at the back post, taking it off the head of Mario Mandzukic.

The hosts got a deserved equaliser, as Duvan Zapata gathered a Gomez through ball, turned Leonardo Bonucci as if he weren’t even there and fired in from the edge of the box. It was his fifth consecutive Serie A game on target.

Atalanta were pouring forward and had a series of shots charged down, then Mattia De Sciglio got the block on Duvan Zapata.

At the dawn of the second half, Rodrigo Bentancur foolishly stopped a counter-attack with a blatant foul when already on a yellow card and the dismissal was inevitable.

Atalanta took full advantage, as Wojciech Szczesny rushed off his line to parry from Timothy Castagne, but on the resulting Papu Gomez corner, Duvan Zapata stuck out his head among the crowd to nod in from close range.

Max Allegri threw on Miralem Pjanic and Cristiano Ronaldo, which certainly seemed to make a difference, as 10-man Juve poured forward in waves. After several scrambles, Chiellini knocked down a Pjanic corner for Cristiano Ronaldo’s header from point-blank range to equalise.

Both sides kept pushing for the winner until the final whistle, as Ronaldo’s pull-back was just behind Mandzukic.

A free kick was flicked on in stoppages by Alex Sandro for Leonardo Bonucci, who was offside as he tapped in at the far post.

Atalanta: Berisha; Mancini, Djimsiti, Masiello (Barrow 86); Hateboer, Pasalic (Gosens 67), Freuler, Castagne; Gomez; Ilicic (Pessina 77), Duvan Zapata

Juventus: Szczesny; De Sciglio, Bonucci, Chiellini, Alex Sandro; Khedira (Cristiano Ronaldo 64), Bentancur, Emre Can; Douglas Costa (Pjanic 57), Dybala; Mandzukic

Sent off: Bentancur 53 (J)

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
130540 messaggi

Home

atalanta-128x128.png 2-2  105px-Juventus_FC_2017_logo.png

Berat Djimsiti (o.g. 2')

Duvan Zapata 24

Duvan Zapata 56'

Cristiano Ronaldo 78'

..       .   

.118th Matchday

Allegri fumes at De Laurentiis

183027169-ee1a3a1c-eb1f-47f5-886a-fb55f8

https://www.football-italia.net/132507/allegri-fumes-de-laurentiis

Dec 26, 2018

Juventus Coach Massimiliano Allegri hits back at Napoli President Aurelio De Laurentiis for his criticism of referees - “in Italy we never learn”.

The Partenopei owner accused Paolo Mazzoleni of not being impartial toward his team, after the official was appointed for tonight’s Inter game.

Those quotes clearly reached the Bianconeri boss, who was irritable in his interview with Sky after the Atalanta draw.

“My patience has run out, but it’s better to talk about the game - I’m not in a good mood,” Allegri warned.

“The team played a good first half, they scored a goal with the one chance they had. We knew this match was difficult, and we could even have doubled our lead at 1-0.

“In the second half we were a man down but we recovered and could even have won, so in the end it’s a good point against a great side.

“We wanted to win this game, now we have the clash with Sampdoria.”

It was then put to Allegri that Luca Banti showed a second yellow to Rodrigo Bentancur under pressure from the Atalanta players.

“I don’t talk about referees, Banti officiated well and these things happen. Outside we hear heavy statements from club owners about referees - speaking and moralising and then doing that.

“We work and we want to win, and we’ll have to work hard to win the league. I’m disappointed, maybe I’m not used to playing at Christmas.

“I’ll leave Banti, who refereed well, aside because it’s not elegant to make these allusions and declarations. I’ll never speak, we need to educate the fans.

“I could make a scene but that would be wrong, in Italy anything and everything goes and we never learn.

“On Saturday we won a game and didn’t say anything, in a game which remained balanced for what reason? You tell me…

“Because we won on Saturday we don’t let things get out of hand. But my patience is running out, in Italy we can’t improve with the example set by certain people.

“Today I apologise to the fourth official and I’m disappointed in myself. But then you hear certain things, crying over incidents…

“I’m sorry for Italian football, there’s no desire to improve Italian football. There was a beautiful setting today, but we always need to talk about other things.

“In my opinion there’s no desire to improve, I’m disappointed for the children and my children. We don’t want to improve this sport.”

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
130540 messaggi

Home

JUVENTUS - SAMPDORIA

..........    105px-Juventus_FC_2017_logo.png                          sampdoria-128x128.png           

..       .   

.119th Matchday

Saturday, december 29th 2018 - 12:30 p.m. CET 

11.30 p.m. UK time - 11.30 p.m. GMT
Allianz Stadium - Turin

Referee: Paolo Valeri

Allegri: ‘Education can stop racism. Happy at Juventus’

Immagine correlata

https://www.football-italia.net/132585/allegri-‘education-can-stop-racism’

https://www.football-italia.net/132586/allegri-‘happy-juventus’

Dec 28, 2018

Juventus Coach Massimiliano Allegri declares “we must not chatter, but do” if Italy is to combat the problem of racism in stadiums.

The issue has been leading the news agenda since Napoli’s Kalidou Koulibaly was racially abused by a section of Inter fans, and the Bianconeri boss was asked for his toughts.

“I think there are preventative measures to be taken for everything, and for the umpteenth time we have the chance to steer things,” Allegri said in his Press conference ahead of the Sampdoria match.

“To do so, however, we must not chatter, but do. That’s the only way, but I’m a Coach, there are bodies which must decide and we hope this will be the right time to take preventative measures.

“Quite simply we must not stop. It’s not down to us, or even the referee, to stop the game, but the public order bodies.

“That said, I absolutely will not tolerate racism or any insult against the dead or tragedies that have happened.

“Unfortunately something is lacking in Italy, we’ve lost a bit of education and respect. It’s not just football, to really have a new start we need to impress these things upon people when they’re young children.

“We need to go into schools, sport is educational and we’d do well to get involved in schools because out of 100 people 70 or 80 will be on the right path, but this is something all of us need to do together.

“It’s easy to talk now, say things, only for everyone to forget about it the day after tomorrow.

“There are bodies responsible, then we as Presidents, Coaches and players must know that our words carry weight and can influence adults and people who are less adult.

“We must be more responsible and have a shred of intelligence not to feed what’s already there, because in Italy we no longer accept defeats or victories. So we need to do that, otherwise it’s useless.

“I’m sorry, because on the 26th the stadiums had so many people: families, children, the future of Italy.

“Those of a certain age have chosen how to live their lives, but the children are the future and if we don’t educate them nothing will change.

“Stopping matches only has a temporary impact, we need to be preventative. Inside the stadiums there are cameras who can catch these people.

“It’s simple: you see them, you catch them, and they’re not allowed in the stadium anymore. We can’t solve this problem though, it’s down to the relevant bodies.

“If they want to solve these things they can do it, if not then it’s nothing but hypocrisy and I’ll shut up.”

Allegri was then asked whether he agrees with stadiums being closed for these actions, with Inter given a two game ban.

“These aren’t my decisions, if they’ve made this decision it’ll be the right one. It solves the problem momentarily, but we need to stop this problem further upstream.

“The issue isn’t solved by closing the stadium for two months - after two months, what then? Preventative measures must be taken.

“There are people of value who can do it, so surely they will do it and then we’ll all be happy.

“I like Italian football, it’s beautiful and it’s difficult. I think we certainly have to do something, but not something extraordinary, something simple.

“It has to involve the children, so let’s go and talk to them. We need to spend some of our time with the children in the schools, to do a programme of education, respect and life. There has to be education.

“Then don’t complain when we arrive in the bus and there are parents hurling insults at everyone with their children alongside them. Then what do you think the child will do?

“I want to make myself available to pass on a little education to my seven-year-old son, but also others.

“Then I go to the stadium, I see a beautiful game like in Bergamo where there was a wonderful crowd, or at San Siro where there were 65,000 fans, but it’s not nice when there are these unpleasant situations.

“It takes patience though, everything won’t be resolved in a day. We need to start somewhere though, because if not there will be another incident in two months.”

Massimiliano Allegri dismisses reports linking him with the Manchester United job - “I’m very happy at Juventus”.

Today the Times reported that the Bianconeri boss is interested in the job, and has been taking English lessons in preparation for a move to the Premier League.

“I’m very happy at Juventus,” Allegri assured in his Press conference today.

“We’re doing great things, along with the club, and we continue like this. Not least because we’re only in December and there are a lot of matches between now and June.”

Allegri then discussed his team for tomorrow, starting with Medhi Benatia and Blaise Matuidi.

“Both are definitely in contention, Matuidi had a cold so I left him at home for the trip to Bergamo and Benatia had a slight inflammation.

“Everyone is available tomorrow, and that includes [Federico] Bernardeschi. We have a difficult game tomorrow, Sampdoria are in great form and are even fighting for the Champions League.

“Tomorrow [Daniele] Rugani will play, [Leonardo] Bonucci will rest. The doubt is between Alex Sandro and [Leonardo] Spinazzola, but I’m happy with what Spinazzola is doing.

“Chiellini is fine, I sent him to bed and tucked him in.

“We need to get three points tomorrow though so we can close the year well, take a bit step forward and go into our holiday with serenity.

“We’ll need to drag out the last of our energy before the winter break, and we’ll need the stadium to push the team too. Tomorrow we’ll need the fans more than ever, though always in the right way.

“[Paulo] Dybala is fine, as is [Mario] Mandzukic and [Cristiano] Ronaldo is back. I have important options on the bench, tomorrow will be a long day and if we don’t unlock things in the first part of the game it will be another match.

“Let’s see how things go tomorrow, we have the chance to finish on 50 points and that’s not bad.

“At the moment, taking out tomorrow’s match because I don’t know how it’ll end, the team has 16 wins and two draws - that’s not nothing. And we finished first in our Champions League group.

“So if I hear about a Juve in crisis then maybe the panettone went off. If you’re joking then maybe I can accept it…

“There’s pride and satisfaction with what we’ve done, I’m happy with how we’re working but that’s not enough for what we want to go on and win.

“So we need to keep our heads down, not talk, and win which is the most important thing.

“Tomorrow we have to win to get to 53 points, which would be a great thing. Not for the record [100 points in a calendar year] but because it would take us closer to an eighth Scudetto.

“Just that.”

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
130540 messaggi

Home

JUVENTUS - SAMPDORIA

..........    105px-Juventus_FC_2017_logo.png                          sampdoria-128x128.png           

..       .   

.119th Matchday

Allianz Stadium - Turin

Line-ups: Juventus v Sampdoria

Immagine

https://www.football-italia.net/132607/line-ups-juventus-v-sampdoria

Dec 29, 2018

Juventus welcome Cristiano Ronaldo back to the starting XI, but rest Leonardo Bonucci against Sampdoria with Fabio Quagliarella on a record-breaking run.

It kicks off at the Allianz Juventus Stadium at 11.30 GMT.

The Bianconeri failed to win only twice in the league this season, drawing 1-1 at home to Genoa and 2-2 away to Atalanta on Boxing Day.

Rodrigo Bentancur was sent off in that game and is therefore suspended, but Cristiano Ronaldo came off the bench to secure an equaliser.

CR7 is back in the starting XI with Mario Mandzukic and Paulo Dybala, sending Douglas Costa back to the bench.

Leonardo Bonucci is allowed the day off, with Daniele Rugani stepping in, but Juan Cuadrado, Joao Cancelo and Andrea Barzagli are still injured.

Juventus managed to break nine points clear at the top, despite their stalemate, because second-placed Napoli lost to Inter.

The Bianconeri have the opportunity to break their own all-time record of 52 points in the first half of the Serie A season, set in 2005-06 and 2013-14.

Sampdoria are on fine form, unbeaten since November 11 against Roma, emerging with four victories and two draws.

Quagliarella will be 36 next month, yet he has scored in each of his last eight Serie A appearances, including a spectacular back-heel scorpion flick against Chievo on Boxing Day.

Joachim Andersen is suspended with Bartosz Bereszynski and Edgar Barreto injured, so the defence is revamped with Omar Colley, Alex Ferrari and Jacopo Sala.

Gianluca Caprari and Gaston Ramirez get the nod to support Quagliarella, while it’s a special game for Emil Audero, the goalkeeper on loan from Juve.

Juventus have won eight of their last 10 Serie A meetings with Sampdoria, drawing one and losing 3-2 at Marassi last November.

Juventus: Szczesny; De Sciglio, Rugani, Chiellini, Alex Sandro; Emre Can, Pjanic, Matuidi; Dybala; Mandzukic, Cristiano Ronaldo

Juventus bench: Pinsoglio, Perin, Benatia, Khedira, Douglas Costa, Kean, Bonucci, Bernardeschi, Spinazzola

Sampdoria: Audero; Sala, Ferrari, Colley, Murru; Praet, Ekdal, Linetty; Ramirez; Quagliarella, Caprari

Sampdoria bench: Rafael, Belec, Vieira, Saponara, Jankto, Leverbe, Regini, Tavares, Tonelli, Defrel, Rolando, Kownacki

Ref: Valeri

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
130540 messaggi

Home

JUVENTUS - SAMPDORIA

..       .   

.119th Matchday

Allianz Stadium - Turin

HT 1-1: Quagliarella stuns Juventus

DvlWSaiWkAAvmow.jpg

https://www.football-italia.net/132617/ht-quagliarella-stuns-juventus

Dec 29, 2018

Fabio Quagliarella found the net for the ninth round in a row, his penalty cancelling out a Cristiano Ronaldo opener as Sampdoria stall Juventus at the break.

The Bianconeri had dropped points only twice in the league all season, drawing at home with Genoa and 2-2 with Atalanta on Boxing Day. Rodrigo Bentancur was sent off in Bergamo and therefore suspended, but Cristiano Ronaldo and Miralem Pjanic returned to the starting XI, while Leonardo Bonucci was rested. Juan Cuadrado, Joao Cancelo and Andrea Barzagli were still injured, then Wojciech Szczesny pulled out in the warm-up, making way for Mattia Perin. Samp lost Joachim Andersen to a ban, with Bartosz Bereszynski and Edgar Barreto side-lined, but Fabio Quagliarella had scored in each of his last eight Serie A appearances.

It took barely 120 seconds for Juventus to break through, as Cristiano Ronaldo gathered a Paulo Dybala cross-field pass on the edge of the box, cut inside and curled a low right-foot finish into the far bottom corner. Emil Audero, who is on loan from Juve, got down very late and was perhaps affected by the bright sunlight.

Dennis Praet drilled just wide, as did Dybala on a Giorgio Chiellini assist, but Samp had a big chance when an in-swinging Gianluca Caprari corner was cleared off the line by Alex Sandro.

However, that incident was viewed again on VAR and a penalty awarded for Emre Can’s handling offence, mis-timing his jump to connect with his elbow. Quagliarella stepped up and converted with power, sending Perin the wrong way to find the net for the ninth Serie A round in a row. The last player to achieve that run was David Trezeguet for Juve in 2005.

The game suddenly changed, as Samp poured forward with several chances off target and a free kick deflected into the arms of Perin from close range.

Right on the stroke of half-time, Juve threatened with Audero parrying a Dybala snapshot and then Mario Mandzukic unable to reach a Cristiano Ronaldo cross to the back post.

Juventus 1-1 Sampdoria (Half-Time)

Cristiano Ronaldo 2 (J), Quagliarella pen 33 (S)

Juventus: Perin; De Sciglio, Rugani, Chiellini, Alex Sandro; Emre Can, Pjanic, Matuidi; Dybala; Mandzukic, Cristiano Ronaldo

Sampdoria: Audero; Sala, Ferrari, Colley, Murru; Praet, Ekdal, Linetty; Ramirez; Quagliarella, Caprari

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
130540 messaggi

Home

JUVENTUS - SAMPDORIA

..........    105px-Juventus_FC_2017_logo.png          2-1         sampdoria-128x128.png

Cristiano Ronaldo 2'

Fabio Quagliarella 33' (penalty)

Cristiano Ronaldo 64' (penalty)           

..       .   

.119th Matchday

Allianz Stadium - Turin

Juve defeat Sampdoria. VAR protagonist.

Dvlm3qZWoAEApFQ.jpg

https://www.football-italia.net/SerieA/match/125247

Dec 29, 2018

VAR was the protagonist even more than Cristiano Ronaldo’s brace, as Juventus beat Sampdoria 2-1 with a late Riccardo Saponara strike disallowed.

The Bianconeri have dropped points only twice in the league all season, drawing at home with Genoa and 2-2 with Atalanta on Boxing Day, so set a new all-time record of 53 points by the midway stage.

Rodrigo Bentancur was sent off in Bergamo and therefore suspended, but Cristiano Ronaldo and Miralem Pjanic returned to the starting XI, while Leonardo Bonucci was rested. Juan Cuadrado, Joao Cancelo and Andrea Barzagli were still injured, then Wojciech Szczesny pulled out in the warm-up, making way for Mattia Perin. Samp lost Joachim Andersen to a ban, with Bartosz Bereszynski and Edgar Barreto side-lined, but Fabio Quagliarella had scored in each of his last eight Serie A appearances.

It took barely 120 seconds for Juventus to break through, as Cristiano Ronaldo gathered a Paulo Dybala cross-field pass on the edge of the box, cut inside and curled a low right-foot finish into the far bottom corner. Emil Audero, who is on loan from Juve, got down very late and was perhaps affected by the bright sunlight.

Dennis Praet drilled just wide, as did Dybala on a Giorgio Chiellini assist, but Samp had a big chance when an in-swinging Gianluca Caprari corner was cleared off the line by Alex Sandro.

However, that incident was viewed again on VAR and a penalty awarded for Emre Can’s handling offence, mis-timing his jump to connect with his elbow. Quagliarella stepped up and converted with power, sending Perin the wrong way to find the net for the ninth Serie A round in a row. The last player to achieve that run was David Trezeguet for Juve in 2005.

The game suddenly changed, as Samp poured forward with several chances off target and a free kick deflected into the arms of Perin from close range.

Right on the stroke of half-time, Juve threatened with Audero parrying a Dybala snapshot and then Mario Mandzukic unable to reach a Cristiano Ronaldo cross to the back post.

The Blucerchiati continued to threaten, Perin smothering a Caprari effort on the counter, but Audero got down for a sensational one-handed save to push Blaise Matuidi’s half-volley round the far post.

Audero was again called into action, flying to palm a Cristiano Ronaldo screamer on to the crossbar on the hour mark. Moments later, Ronaldo’s header from a Matuidi cross seemed to be on target, but was deflected over off Omar Colley’s back.

The turning point was again from the penalty spot, as this time Alex Ferrari was judged to have handled when a corner was nodded on to his arm. Viewing it again on VAR and confirming his decision the referee blew the whistle for Cristiano Ronaldo to beat Audero.

Quagliarella was the last to give in, his chest and shot on the turn wide, then an acrobatic volley almost back-heeled just off target.

Deep into stoppages, Perin’s poor clearance sparked a Samp attack and substitute Riccardo Saponara curled a stunner into the far top corner. However, the VAR review showed Gregoire Defrel got the touch rather than Alex Sandro on the assist, meaning Saponara was in an offside position and the goal was disallowed.

Juventus have not conceded more than one goal in a Serie A home fixture since October 2017 and that run remains intact.

Juventus: Perin; De Sciglio, Rugani, Chiellini, Alex Sandro; Emre Can, Pjanic, Matuidi (Douglas Costa 82); Dybala; Mandzukic (Bernardeschi 69), Cristiano Ronaldo

Sampdoria: Audero; Sala, Ferrari, Colley, Murru; Praet, Ekdal (Jankto 82), Linetty; Ramirez (Saponara 72); Quagliarella, Caprari (Defrel 67)

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
130540 messaggi

Home

JUVENTUS - SAMPDORIA

..........    105px-Juventus_FC_2017_logo.png          2-1         sampdoria-128x128.png

Cristiano Ronaldo 2'

..       .   

.119th Matchday

Allianz Stadium - Turin

Ronaldo: 'All should welcome VAR'

133700357-5ec5c4b2-73b2-41ac-92f4-023901

https://www.football-italia.net/132623/ronaldo-all-should-welcome-var

Dec 29, 2018

Juventus star Cristiano Ronaldo supports VAR interventions in Serie A. “We should welcome anything that makes the referee’s job easier.”

CR7 scored a brace in today’s 2-1 victory over Sampdoria, including a penalty, allowing Juve to reach a record 53 points at the midway stage of the season.

“The team is doing very well, we had an excellent first half to the season, but must keep working to ensure we keep this kind of form in the second half of the season,” he told Sky Sport Italia.

Video Assistant Referee technology was used several times today, including to disallow a last-gasp Riccardo Saponara equaliser.

“I like VAR, because these are difficult decisions for a referee and we should welcome anything that makes his job easier.”

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
130540 messaggi

Home

JUVENTUS - SAMPDORIA

..........    105px-Juventus_FC_2017_logo.png          2-1         sampdoria-128x128.png

Cristiano Ronaldo 2'

..       .   

.119th Matchday

Allianz Stadium - Turin

Allegri: 'Neither handball a penalty'

0e14dc81ec0eca8629b5644c09b811b1-85192-1

https://www.football-italia.net/132634/allegri-neither-handball-penalty

Dec 29, 2018

Max Allegri “wouldn’t have given either of the two penalties” in their 2-1 win over Sampdoria and wants the Champions League for Juventus in 2019.

It was another contentious and fiery victory, with two debatable penalties for handball – one apiece – and a last-gasp Riccardo Saponara equaliser disallowed for a tight offside.

“We created many scoring opportunities against a very good Samp side,” the Coach told Sky Sport Italia.

“After their penalty, we got a bit chaotic, but were back on track in the second half. Fortunately, that late Saponara goal was offside.

“We need to improve on keeping our calm when conceding, because otherwise we risk letting another goal in.”

Sampdoria were furious at the use of VAR on such a tight offside call, especially as it depended on whether the Alex Sandro touch was a ricochet or an actual attempt to play the ball.

“It is right that referees use VAR when they consider it opportune. To be honest, I wouldn’t have given either of the two penalties today, but it’s only in Italy that this much controversy is stirred up. We must realise these are still subjective situations.”

Allegri ends 2018 with a new record of 53 points from the opening 19 Serie A rounds, so what does he want from 2019?

“We do have the perception that with Cristiano Ronaldo there’s a better chance of winning the Champions League. However, we’re not even in January yet and there’s a very long way to go.”

The Bianconeri will face Atletico Madrid in the Round of 16 in February.

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
130540 messaggi

Home

Rules for women at Supercoppa :103:

https://www.football-italia.net/132725/rules-women-supercoppa

Jan 2, 2019

It’s reported women will only be allowed in one section of the stadium when Juventus and Milan contest the Supercoppa Italiana in Saudi Arabia.

Despite objections from human rights campaigners, the sides will face off in Jeddah on January 16.

The Middle Eastern country is known for some repressive laws aimed at women, and La Stampa reports no female fans will be allowed outside of the family section.

That section comprises around 15 per cent of the 60,000 seats, and women won’t be allowed to sit elsewhere in the stadium.

Previously women were banned from entering stadiums, but the grounds in Dammam, Jeddah, and Riyadh have sections for female fans.

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
130540 messaggi

Home

Protests grow against Super Cup

https://www.football-italia.net/132866/protests-grow-against-super-cup

Jan 5, 2019

Protests continue ahead of the Italian Super Cup between Juventus and Milan in Saudi Arabia, but Barbara Berlusconi insists “football can’t be expected to save the world.”

The decision to play the big match in Jeddah on January 16 only months after the murder of Saudi dissident journalist Jamal Khashoggi had already caused controversy.

That stepped up considerably after it was revealed there were men-only sections in the stadium where women would not be allowed.

A flash mob protest was staged in front of the Juventus HQ this morning by the Radicali +Europa group.

“We demand that either this game is not played in Jeddah, or at least that the players walk out with black marks on their faces in protest,” said group leader Silvio Viale.

“A month ago everyone was acting like defenders of women’s rights with a red mark on their cheek, now they are all puppets of a regime that tramples all over women’s rights on a daily basis.”

Barbara Berlusconi, former director of Milan and daughter of long-term President Silvio, had her say on the situation.

“I don’t believe this game should’ve been organised in a country where there is no respect for women, but history has taught us that boycotting sporting events makes no difference,” she told Il Fatto Quotidiano newspaper.

“This is why I consider this match an opportunity to shine a brighter light on what happens in many Islamic countries and help to break down traditions and bans that are no longer tolerable.

“It’s stunning to see almost all Western Governments pretend not to see what happens in these countries when it comes to human rights, not just for women. Instead of sanctions for their behaviour, these Governments strike commercial deals.

“When that is the global situation, football can’t be expected to save the world.”

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
130540 messaggi

Home

Buy-Coppa-Italia-Football-Tickets-Footba

BOLOGNA - JUVENTUS 

1249.png                    105px-Juventus_FC_2017_logo.png               

..       .   

TIM Cup - Last 16         

Saturday, january 12th 2019 - 8:45 p.m. CET 

7.45 p.m. UK time - 7.45 p.m. GMT
Renato Dall'Ara Stadium - Bologna

Referee: Federico La Penna

Allegri: Season starts now. Cancelo is back.

https://www.football-italia.net/133105/allegri-season-starts-now

https://www.football-italia.net/133104/confirmed-cancelo-back-supercoppa

Jan 11, 2019

Max Allegri believes the season starts now for Juventus ahead of their Coppa Italia last-16 tie with Bologna on Saturday.

Juve resume the campaign with a nine-point cushion at the Serie A summit and a place in the Champions League last 16 assured, while they face Bologna in the Coppa this weekend and Milan in the Supercoppa next Wednesday.

“The Coppa Italia is an objective like the Supercoppa,” Allegri said at a Press conference.

“We’ll be playing a one-legged tie without the possibility of replaying, against a Bologna team who will want to give their best.

“From tomorrow until June 1, we hope to play for the season so we’ll need to give a serious performance.

“I expect an excellent performance from Dybala, like the one’s he’s given so far. He’s very useful in terms of knitting our play together.

“Kean and Spinazzola could also play from the beginning. Someone will play one half, the changes we make will be important and we hope to win it in 90 minutes.

“On the right, De Sciglio will play. Cancelo? He’ll return in the Supercoppa. Bonucci will be there and we’ll see about Pjanic. Mandzukic? Like he says, ‘no good’.

“Racism? All the usual stuff’s been said to fill mouths, but we have the means to go and get those who behave badly.

“If I’m not mistaken and if my memory serves me right, whoever threw that banana to Sterling can no longer enter stadiums.

“In Italy the authorities are afraid of making important decisions because they’re unpopular.

“I’m not a politician and I don’t want to be one, but a contract was signed by Lega Serie A and we must go and play there.

“Women can go to the stadium. It’s a small step forward and we can see the positive aspect our trip has made.

“It seems to me that Italy also has economic ties with Saudi Arabia. They told us to play there and that’s what we’re going to do.

Ronaldo’s affair is a private one. I only want to talk about football, but he looked calm, trained well and came back rested.

“He needed to rest after four months of non-stop football. I don’t get into private matters and I’ve seen Cristiano appear calm and serene. The rest isn’t for me to answer.”

Finally, the Bianconeri boss was asked about the January transfer window.

“Right now we don’t need anyone in midfield,” he added.

“We’re fine as we are. Tomorrow we have to get straight back into the season because the first game is always the most difficult, otherwise you risk conceding a goal quickly.”

Joao Cancelo will make his comeback in next week’s Supercoppa against Milan, Juventus boss Max Allegri has confirmed.

Cancelo has not played since Juve’s 1-0 win against Inter on December 7 and underwent surgery to repair torn cartilage in his right knee a week later.

The operation was a success and the Portuguese spent the festive period recovering.

“On the right, De Sciglio will play. Cancelo? He’ll return in the Supercoppa,” Allegri said before the Bianconeri’s Coppa Italia last-16 tie with Bologna on Saturday.

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
130540 messaggi

Home

BOLOGNA - JUVENTUS 

..       .   

TIM Cup - Last 16         

Juventus squad for Bologna

DwpcOmUXQAI8KLQ.jpg

https://www.football-italia.net/133119/juventus-squad-bologna

Jan 11, 2019

Juventus named their squad for the Coppa Italia trip to Bologna, but Mario Mandzukic and Joao Cancelo are unavailable.

The Round of 16 tie kicks off at the Stadio Dall’Ara on Saturday at 19.45 GMT.

Max Allegri confirmed Cancelo will make his comeback after surgery for the Supercoppa against Milan on January 16.

However, the full-back is not in the squad making the trip to Bologna this weekend.

Mandzukic is also out, joined by long-term absentees Juan Cuadrado and Andrea Barzagli.

Moise Kean and Federico Bernardeschi have shaken off fitness problems.

Juventus squad for Bologna: Szczesny, Perin, Pinsoglio, Siano; De Sciglio, Chiellini, Benatia, Alex Sandro, Bonucci, Rugani, Spinazzola; Pjanic, Khedira, Matuidi, Emre Can, Bentancur; Ronaldo, Dybala, Douglas Costa, Kean, Bernardeschi

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
130540 messaggi

Home

BOLOGNA - JUVENTUS 

..       .   

TIM Cup - Last 16         

Coppa line-ups: Bologna-Juventus

Geen fotobeschrijving beschikbaar.

https://www.football-italia.net/133174/coppa-line-ups-bologna-juventus

Jan 12, 2019

Juventus make numerous changes for their Coppa Italia trip to Bologna, starting Douglas Costa and Moise Kean, while Roberto Soriano and Nicola Sansone debut.

The Round of 16 tie kicks off at the Stadio Dall’Ara at 19.45 GMT.

The winners will go through to face either Cagliari or Atalanta in the quarter-final later this month.

Max Allegri assured in his Press conference yesterday that he would field a full strength squad, but seems to have changed his mind.

Paulo Dybala, Cristiano Ronaldo and Giorgio Chiellini are among those rested, while Mario Mandzukic, Juan Cuadrado, Andrea Barzagli and Joao Cancelo are injured.

It gives teenager Moise Kean the chance to start with support from Federico Bernardeschi and Douglas Costa.

Medhi Benatia did get the nod in defence, as Daniele Rugani had a muscular issue in training this morning, but the Moroccan also pulled out in the warm-up and was replaced by Giorgio Chiellini.

Bologna are in the relegation zone of the Serie A table, but hope they can cause an upset in this one-off meeting with Coppa Italia holders Juventus.

Coach Pippo Inzaghi throws January buys Soriano and Sansone into the starting XI for their debuts after the loan move from Villarreal.

Federico Santander is injured and Andrea Poli suspended after he was caught on camera during the last round uttering a blasphemous phrase – the worst kind of swearing in the Italian language.

Mattia Destro is given a rare start with Sansone in attack.

Bologna: Da Costa; Calabresi, Danilo, Helander; Mattiello, Soriano, Pulgar, Svanberg, Dijks; Destro, Sansone

Juventus: Szczesny; De Sciglio, Chiellini, Bonucci, Spinazzola; Khedira, Pjanic, Emre Can; Bernardeschi, Kean, Douglas Costa

Ref: La Penna

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
130540 messaggi

Home

BOLOGNA - JUVENTUS 

..       .   

TIM Cup - Last 16         

HT 0-1: Juve take Bologna gift

DwvOafaXcAEua7u.jpg

https://www.football-italia.net/133178/ht-juve-take-bologna-gift

Jan 12, 2019

Federico Bernardeschi gratefully accepted a gift from the Bologna goalkeeper, as Juventus lead at half-time.

The winners go on to face Atalanta or Cagliari in the Coppa Italia quarter-final later this month.

Max Allegri made several changes, although he missed Mario Mandzukic, Juan Cuadrado, Andrea Barzagli and Joao Cancelo, with Medhi Benatia and Daniele Rugani suffering muscular issues on the day. The hosts had to do without suspended Andrea Poli, so threw new buys Nicola Sansone and Roberto Soriano into the starting XI for their debuts.

Bologna literally gifted the opening goal to Juventus, as Angelo Da Costa came off his line to fumble Mattia De Sciglio’s long ball, collide with teammate Arturo Calabresi and leave an open goal for Federico Bernardeschi to score into.

Mattia Destro had a shot charged down and Emre Can drilled just wide, but when Bologna did find themselves in great positions, Mattias Svanberg horribly scuffed the finish.

Mitchell Dijks did even worse, turning wide at the back post after a deflected cross reached him unmarked on the stroke of half-time.

Bologna 0-1 Juventus (Half-Time)

Bernardeschi 9 (J)

Bologna: Da Costa; Calabresi, Danilo, Helander; Mattiello, Soriano, Pulgar, Svanberg, Dijks; Destro, Sansone

Juventus: Szczesny; De Sciglio, Chiellini, Bonucci, Spinazzola; Khedira, Pjanic, Emre Can; Bernardeschi, Kean, Douglas Costa

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
130540 messaggi

Home

BOLOGNA - JUVENTUS 

1249.png        0-2            105px-Juventus_FC_2017_logo.png             

Federico Bernardeschi 9'

Moise Kean 49'

..       .   

TIM Cup - Last 16         

Coppa Italia: Juve barge past Bologna

DwvdQVTXcAAtA4N.jpg

https://www.football-italia.net/133178/coppa-juve-barge-past-bologna

Jan 12, 2019

Federico Bernardeschi and Moise Kean made the most of Bologna defensive errors to give Juventus a comfortable Coppa Italia victory.

The holders go on to face Atalanta or Cagliari in the quarter-final later this month.

Max Allegri made several changes, although he missed Mario Mandzukic, Juan Cuadrado, Andrea Barzagli and Joao Cancelo, with Medhi Benatia and Daniele Rugani suffering muscular issues on the day. Leonardo Spinazzola finally had his first start for Juve after numerous injury problems. The hosts had to do without suspended Andrea Poli, so threw new buys Nicola Sansone and Roberto Soriano into the starting XI for their debuts.

Bologna literally gifted the opening goal to Juventus, as Angelo Da Costa came off his line to fumble Mattia De Sciglio’s long ball, collide with teammate Arturo Calabresi and leave an open goal for Federico Bernardeschi to score into.

Mattia Destro had a shot charged down and Emre Can drilled just wide, but when Bologna did find themselves in great positions, Mattias Svanberg horribly scuffed the finish.

Mitchell Dijks did even worse, turning wide at the back post after a deflected cross reached him unmarked on the stroke of half-time.

Juventus were not so wasteful, as Douglas Costa’s attempt took a deflection and Kean pounced on the rebound from seven yards. Bologna bring the teenager luck, as he scored his debut Serie A goal at the Dall’Ara in May 2017.

The Bianconeri sat back and allowed Bologna to keep possession for much of the second half, safe in the knowledge they were making no real impact.

Bologna 0-2 Juventus

Bernardeschi 9 (J), Kean 49 (J)

Bologna: Da Costa; Calabresi, Danilo, Helander; Mattiello (Orsolini 69), Soriano, Pulgar, Svanberg (Donsah 60), Dijks; Destro (Palacio 77), Sansone

Juventus: Szczesny; De Sciglio, Chiellini, Bonucci, Spinazzola (Alex Sandro 80); Khedira, Pjanic, Emre Can; Bernardeschi, Kean (Ronaldo 60), Douglas Costa (Dybala 77)

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
130540 messaggi

Home

BOLOGNA - JUVENTUS 

1249.png        0-2            105px-Juventus_FC_2017_logo.png             

Federico Bernardeschi 9'

Moise Kean 49'

..       .   

TIM Cup - Last 16         

Allegri: 'Benatia out of Supercoppa. Spinazzola and Kean stay'

Bologna-Juventus, Allegri: «Supercoppa? Diversi assenti ma siamo pronti»

https://www.football-italia.net/133183/allegri-benatia-out-supercoppa

https://www.football-italia.net/133190/allegri-spinazzola-and-kean-stay

Jan 12, 2019

Max Allegri confirmed Medhi Benatia will miss the Supercoppa with Milan and praised the Juventus squad players for beating Bologna.

Federico Bernardeschi and Moise Kean got the goals at the Stadio Dall’Ara in a 2-0 result that puts Juve in their 12th consecutive Coppa Italia quarter-final, a new tournament record.

“I am satisfied with qualification, as it wasn’t easy to win at Bologna in our first game after the winter break,” the Coach told Rai Sport.

The Bianconeri now fly straight to Jeddah for the Italian Super Cup showdown with Milan, who today beat Sampdoria 2-0 in extra time in the Coppa Italia.

“Wednesday is a one-off match, we already lost to them before on penalties, so hope to at least not go through extra time and penalties. We’re ready to play.

“Kean is young, he needs to grow, but he did well. Leonardo Spinazzola also had a good performance after a long injury lay-off.

“Bernardeschi was visibly back in shape both physically and psychologically during training. With Mandzukic out at the moment, all these players become important."

There was a last-minute change to the line-up this evening, as Benatia pulled out in the warm-up and was replaced by Giorgio Chiellini.

“Benatia got hurt with a groin inflammation in the warm-up, so he won’t take part in Jeddah. We’re already without Andrea Barzagli, but hope to have Joao Cancelo back.”

Max Allegri confirmed Juventus will not let Leonardo Spinazzola or Moise Kean go out on loan in January, as injuries are starting to pile up.

The Bianconeri beat Bologna 2-0 in the Coppa Italia Round of 16 last night with Kean and Federico Bernardeschi on target.

It was Spinazzola’s debut for the club after six months of injury woes and the former Atalanta full-back impressed, but Bologna will have to give up their attempts to sign him on loan.

“Spinazzola had a very good game considering it was his first,” noted Allegri in a Press conference.

“He is an important player for us, so for the moment he’s staying at Juventus, especially as with Juan Cuadrado’s injury we need four full-backs.

“I spoke to the club and we decided the best option is for Spinazzola to remain with us. Naturally, if we find a replacement and he has a chance to play more consistently elsewhere, then we’ll re-evaluate, but for the moment that’s not happening.”

Kean has been linked with numerous clubs around Europe, including Milan and Ajax.

“He is a young lad who must be allowed to mature, but unfortunately in Italy people want everything straight away and risk ruining players with real talent.

“Kean is in the first team, he can help us and always knows how to find scoring opportunities. Mario Mandzukic will be out for at least a couple of weeks, so is certainly out of the Supercoppa.”

Juventus face Milan in Jeddah on Wednesday for the Italian Super Cup, although Allegri has limited resources.

“Daniele Rugani had a knock and I preferred not to risk him against Bologna. Medhi Benatia was meant to start, but he felt this pain again in his groin during the warm-up, so he had to stop. He won’t play on Wednesday, it’s a recurring problem.

“Joao Cancelo will be available, but Cuadrado and Mandzukic are certainly out.”

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
130540 messaggi

Home

Afbeeldingsresultaat voor supercoppa italiana

JUVENTUS - MILAN

105px-Juventus_FC_2017_logo.png             4004.png

..       .   

Italian Supercup - Final   

Wednesday, january 16th 2019 - 6:30 p.m. CET 

5.30 p.m. UK time - 5.30 p.m. GMT
King Abdullah Sport City Stadium - Jeddah (Saudi Arabia)

Juve: Cancelo in, Mandzukic out

Dw3jNNGX4AAKQCq.jpg

https://www.football-italia.net/133244/juve-cancelo-mandzukic-out

Jan 14, 2019

Juventus have Joao Cancelo back in their squad for Wednesday’s Supercoppa against Milan, but Mario Mandzukic is out.

Cancelo returns from a knee injury, which has kept him out for the past month, but a thigh problem prevents Mandzukic from travelling to Jeddah.

Joining the Croat on the sidelines are long-term casualties Juan Cuadrado and Andrea Barzagli, as well as Medhi Benatia, who hurt his groin before Juve’s 2-0 win against Bologna on Saturday.

Juve squad to face Milan: Szczesny, Perin, Pinsoglio, Del Favero; De Sciglio, Chiellini, Alex Sandro, Bonucci, Cancelo, Rugani, Spinazzola; Pjanic, Khedira, Matuidi, Emre Can, Bentancur; Ronaldo, Dybala, Douglas Costa, Kean, Bernardeschi

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
130540 messaggi

Home

Marchisio: Hope it's Juve's year!

https://www.football-italia.net/133259/marchisio-hope-its-juves-year

Jan 14, 2019

Claudio Marchisio ‘hopes this is Juventus’ year in the Champions League’ and says players should ignore the ‘idiots’ who dish out racial abuse.

Marchisio reached two Champions League Finals during his Juve career, while the debate of players leaving the field is back on the agenda after Kalidou Koulibaly was subjected to monkey chants during Napoli’s 1-0 defeat to Inter last month.

“The Supercoppa a one-legged tie, and that makes a lot of difference,” the Zenit St Petersburg midfielder told Sky Sport Italia.

“We’ve also seen it in the past because we’ve lost Supercoppas against teams who had less chances than us but instead took theirs and we lost two trophies.

“Motivation is very important in one-legged ties, concentration even more so, because you play for it all in the 90 minutes and more.

“I hope this is Juve’s year for the Champions League because it would mark the end of an unstoppable cycle for them, especially for those who have been there since the first Scudetto but also for the great work everyone’s doing, from the club to the staff.

“I think they deserve it, but they know that, even if they have a better chance now than in previous seasons, it’s always very difficult.

“Racism is a big problem and I understand foreign players playing in Italy very well, but I’d try to be even stronger and keep playing so the idiots aren’t given any attention.”

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
130540 messaggi

Home

JUVENTUS - MILAN

..       .   

Italian Supercup - Final   

Allegri: 'Juve-Milan is knockout practice'

Allegri: «L'obiettivo della Juventus è vincere tutto»

https://www.football-italia.net/133302/allegri-juve-milan-knockout-practice

Jan 15, 2019

Max Allegri called Cristiano Ronaldo “the best player in the world” and told Juventus to use Milan in the Supercoppa as “practice for elimination rounds."

It kicks off in Jeddah on Wednesday at 17.30 GMT. - 18.30 CET

Mario Mandzukic, Juan Cuadrado, Andrea Barzagli and Medhi Benatia are out of the squad, but Joao Cancelo returns from a knee injury.

“Either Douglas Costa or Federico Bernardeschi will step in, along with Paulo Dybala and Cristiano Ronaldo,” confirmed the Coach in his Press conference.

“Naturally, without Mandzukic there isn’t a pure centre-forward as a reference point for the attack, but we’ll still fill the penalty area.”

Juve have won the Scudetto and Coppa Italia Double for three years running, yet have lost the last two editions of the Supercoppa.

“It’s difficult to figure out why, as we lost both on penalties to Napoli and Milan. I hope tomorrow will be different and that we can be more concentrated.

“There are 22 points separating the teams in Serie A, but those don’t matter here and it’ll be an important test for us. We must learn that playing a one-off match is different to a league situation.

“The main hope is that we don’t go to extra time tomorrow, as we want to get it done within 90 minutes. This is good practice to prepare for elimination rounds.”

This is the opportunity for Cristiano Ronaldo to win his first piece of silverware in a Bianconeri jersey. Allegri was asked if CR7 brought a stronger winning mentality to Juve.

“He’d have to win something first to prove that. Cristiano is accustomed to winning, he has won four of the last five Champions Leagues and many more trophies. Ronaldo is the best player in the world and an added bonus for us. The situation has certainly improved with his presence, although Juve already had great strikers.

“However, let’s not forget that Juve have played two Champions League Finals in the last four years and they were against what at the time were the best teams in the world. When it comes to that tournament, you need good luck too.

“The Scudetto is one of our objectives, as are the Coppa Italia, the Supercoppa and the Champions League. We want to reach the end of the season with as many trophies as possible.”

Milan have been struggling again this season and there are reports they could drop Gonzalo Higuain ahead of his move to Chelsea.

“I expect to see Higuain concentrated, eager and ready to make up for the defeat earlier this season. It’s a one-off match and he will certainly try to put in a great performance, so it’s up to us to limit his influence.”

Considering Juventus beat them 4-0 in the Coppa Italia Final six months ago, is there the risk the Bianconeri could be complacent?

“One of the great strengths of this Juve is our great respect for the opposition, otherwise you don’t win this many games. We have the humility to know how and when to defend. For example, one of our best defensive performances was the final 20 minutes against Roma.

“It’s a quality we should be proud of, not embarrassed by, because you need a strong defence to win the big games. I repeat, we lost to Real Madrid because of our bad defending.

“If we do not have great humility and respect for Milan tomorrow, then it’s unlikely we’ll win the game.”

Milan might not use Higuain, but they do have new €35m signing Lucas Paquetá.

“I saw about 30 minutes of his performance against Sampdoria, but you’d be better off asking Gennaro Gattuso about him!”

Allegri was also coy when asked about Aaron Ramsey, who reportedly had his medical this week ahead of a summer free transfer to Juventus.

“I won’t talk about the transfer market, because Ramsey is an Arsenal player and I cannot discuss him at all. The Juventus squad is fine as it is.”

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
130540 messaggi

Home

JUVENTUS - MILAN

..       .   

Italian Supercup - Final   

Chiellini: 'How to neutralise Higuain'

Chiellini: «Attenzione a Higuain. Ronaldo? E' molto concentrato»

https://www.football-italia.net/133301/chiellini-how-neutralise-higuain

Jan 15, 2019

Giorgio Chiellini wants Juventus to “turn the tide” of Supercoppa defeats against Milan and knows how to neutralise Gonzalo Higuain.

It kicks off in Jeddah on Wednesday at 17.30 GMT - 18.30 CET.

Although Juve have won their last six meetings with Milan in all competition, they lost on penalties in the December 2016 Supercoppa in Doha.

“We have changed a great deal in two years, but it is certainly a trophy we care about and want to win,” said Chiellini in his Press conference.

“This appointment arrives mid-season, so it’s different to playing in August, but it remains an important competition and we’ve got to prove ourselves with actions rather than words, because we let a few too many of these trophies slip through our fingers in recent years and that is a shame.

“We want to change that trend that has seen us lose the last two Supercoppa finals, and this is the ideal opportunity. It’s going to be a difficult match, but the objective is to start 2019 lifting a trophy above our heads.”

Milan are struggling and there are reports they could drop Higuain in favour of Patrick Cutrone due to an imminent transfer to Chelsea.

“Gonzalo is a great striker and player, because he helps his team to play good football and can also be lethal in the final third. I expect to see Gonzalo fired up and we’ve got to dampen that fire, because enthusiasm fuels him. If he starts creating chances, he can become devastating for our defence.

“If we manage to keep him out of the game and far away from the ball, it’s better for us. Cutrone has more energy and we need to be above all wary of crosses around him. He can be less effective away from the box, but inside it is very dangerous. We are prepared for either Higuain or Cutrone to start, or even them together.

“The fact we know Higuain so well is an advantage for us, but also for him, as he is aware of how I play. There is a special affection for Gonzalo, as for two years he was fundamental here and we are all still in contact with him. Obviously, over the 90 minutes of the match everyone is focused on their own team, but he is an atypical Number 9 in his workrate.

“Of course, in a final anything can happen and even a small incident can be decisive. We must be concentrated and realise mentality will count even more in these situations.”

Nobody embodies winning mentality more than Cristiano Ronaldo, who gets the chance to win his first piece of silverware in a Juventus jersey.

“As with all of us, he too wants to win,” smiled Chiellini. “This type of match brings the best out of him and we all expect a lot from Ronaldo, as always. He seems concentrated and eager to be decisive.”

There has been controversy over the choice of venue, not only because of the murder of Saudi Arabian journalist Jamal Khashoggi, but also the restrictions on women entering the stadium on their own or in certain sections.

“I am happy that this game can be seen as a further reason for evolution in this country, including for women, as there has been so much said about it recently. I see that as a step forward and not a problem.

“Having said that, we cannot change the world, but initiatives like this can provide a new start. I am not in a position to give an evaluation on the Saudi government, but I can say we have been given a warm welcome. I hope tomorrow can be remembered by the Saudi people as a wonderful celebration.

“We have to provide a spectacle for Italian football and hope all fans are happy with our performances.”

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
130540 messaggi

Home

JUVENTUS - MILAN

..       .   

Italian Supercup - Final   

Probable line-ups: Juventus v Milan

https://www.football-italia.net/133310/probable-line-ups-juventus-v-milan

Jan 15, 2019

Juventus are expected to field Douglas Costa with Cristiano Ronaldo and Paulo Dybala, while Gonzalo Higuain and Lucas Paquetá start for Milan in the Supercoppa.

It kicks off in Jeddah on Wednesday at 17.30 GMT - 18.30 CET.

This is usually between the winners of the Scudetto and the Coppa Italia holders, but as in this case Juve won both in 2017-18, they are up against losing Coppa Finalists Milan.

Juve have lost the last two editions of the Supercoppa, including the 2016 edition to Milan in Doha on penalties, so Max Allegri is taking few chances.

He must do without injured Mario Mandzukic, Andrea Barzagli, Medhi Benatia and Juan Cuadrado.

Allegri confirmed he would start either Douglas Costa or Federico Bernardeschi, with the Brazilian the favourite in a 4-3-3 formation.

Cristiano Ronaldo and Dybala can therefore rotate in the centre-forward role, while Joao Cancelo is the favourite rather than ex-Milan man Mattia De Sciglio on the right.

Rodrigo Bentancur is more likely to take the midfield reins rather than Sami Khedira, while Miralem Pjanic and Blaise Matuidi are guaranteed their spots.

Milan must do without suspended Suso, while Lucas Biglia, Giacomo Bonaventura, Andrea Bertolacci and Mattia Caldara are still injured.

Gennaro Gattuso confirmed in his Press conference that it was “90 per cent” sure Higuain would start, regardless of the transfer speculation around a move to Chelsea.

Cristian Zapata is favoured ahead of Mateo Musacchio at centre-back, with January signing Paquetá making his second appearance for the club, having debuted in the 2-0 Coppa Italia win over Sampdoria.

Patrick Cutrone came off the bench in extra time to score both goals in that Coppa tie, but he again is dropped from the starting XI.

With Suso out, Samu Castillejo and Hakan Calhanoglu are expected to flank Higuain in a 4-3-3 formation.

Juventus (probable): Szczesny; Cancelo, Bonucci, Chiellini, Alex Sandro; Bentancur, Pjanic, Matuidi; D. Costa, Dybala, Ronaldo

Milan (probable): Donnarumma; Calabria, Zapata, Romagnoli, Rodriguez; Kessié, Bakayoko, Paquetà; Castillejo, Higuain, Calhanoglu

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
130540 messaggi

Home

JUVENTUS - MILAN

..       .   

Italian Supercup - Final   

Supercoppa: The race to eight

https://www.football-italia.net/133321/supercoppa-race-eight

Jan 16, 2019

The most successful sides in the Supercoppa face off today, as either Juventus or Milan will be the first to win their eighth edition.

It kicks off in Jeddah at 17.30 GMT - 18.30 CET.

This is the 31st Italian Super Cup showdown and these two clubs have won seven times each, more than any other team.

That means whoever lifts the trophy in Saudi Arabia this evening will be the first to eight and take the crown of most successful club in the tournament’s history.

There have been 11 finalists taking part since its inauguration in 1989, but only nine clubs have won the trophy.

Inter come next on five, followed by Lazio with four, Napoli and Roma two apiece.

Fiorentina and Sampdoria each won the Supercoppa once, while Torino and Vicenza lost the showdown.

This is traditionally played between the Scudetto winners and Coppa Italia holders, but as Juventus won both for the last three years running, they have faced the losing Coppa Finalists instead.

It hasn’t favoured the Bianconeri, though, as they have lost three of the last four Supercoppa clashes.

They were beaten by Napoli and Milan on penalties in December 2014 and December 2016 respectively, then fell 3-2 to Lazio in August 2017.

In fact, Juventus have won seven editions of the competition, but also lost six.

On the other hand, Milan won seven of their total 10 participations, losing only in 1996, 1996 and 2003.

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
130540 messaggi

Home

JUVENTUS - MILAN

..       .   

Italian Supercup - Final   

Supercoppa line-ups: Juventus v Milan

50405213_2633562700004276_58103339395957

https://www.football-italia.net/133343/supercoppa-line-ups-juventus-v-milan

Jan 16, 2019

Juventus choose Douglas Costa with Cristiano Ronaldo and Paulo Dybala, while Milan bench Gonzalo Higuain, starting Patrick Cutrone and Lucas Paquetá in the Supercoppa.

It kicks off at 17.30 GMT - 18.30 CET at the King Abdullah Sports City Stadium in Jeddah.

This is usually the meeting between the Scudetto winners and the holders of the Coppa Italia, but as Juve did the Double for three years running, they instead face the losing Coppa Finalists.

That game ended 4-0 in May and the Rossoneri have arguably been weakened since then, with an injury crisis and pressure growing on Coach Gennaro Gattuso.

Above all, the last few days have seen the Higuain issue intensify, the striker seemingly determined to leave after just six months and reunite with his old Napoli Coach Maurizio Sarri at Chelsea.

It’s a complex situation, as Higuain is technically still owned by Juventus, on loan at Milan at a cost of €18m for one year with option to buy for a further €36m at the end of the season.

Gattuso had assured Pipita would start this evening, but he was the only player missing from the team photo taken this morning when the Saudi royal family visited their training ground, then reports emerged he was suffering from ‘flu symptoms.’

Some might consider these stories convenient cover for a player with one foot out the door, but whatever the reason, Higuain is not in the starting XI this evening.

Cutrone came off the bench to score a brace in the 2-0 Coppa Italia victory over Sampdoria last week and he gets his chance to lead the way, supported by Samu Castillejo and Hakan Calhanoglu.

That’s because Suso is suspended, with Lucas Biglia, Jack Bonaventura and Mattia Caldara injured.

January signing Lucas Paquetá arrived for €35m from Flamengo and made his debut against Samp, so is again used from the start.

Juventus have a point to prove, because their dominance of calcio in recent years does not stretch to the Supercoppa, losing three of the last four editions.

Mario Mandzukic, Andrea Barzagli, Medhi Benatia and Juan Cuadrado are injured, so Douglas Costa gets the nod rather than Federico Bernardeschi alongside Cristiano Ronaldo and Paulo Dybala.

Joao Cancelo returns from injury at right-back, with Rodrigo Bentancur rather than Sami Khedira in midfield.

Juventus: Szczesny; Cancelo, Bonucci, Chiellini, Alex Sandro; Bentancur, Pjanic, Matuidi; Douglas Costa, Dybala, Ronaldo

Milan: G Donnarumma; Calabria, Zapata, Romagnoli, Rodriguez; Kessié, Bakayoko, Paquetá; Castillejo, Cutrone, Calhanoglu

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti