Accedi per seguire   
Socrates

Cristiano Ronaldo

130740 messaggi

Home

'No muscle injury can stop Ronaldo'

https://www.football-italia.net/136309/no-muscle-injury-can-stop-ron

Mar 28, 2019

Former Portugal boss Luiz Felipe Scolari has warned Juventus’ rivals that ‘a muscle certainly won’t stop’ Cristiano Ronaldo.

Ronaldo is a risk for the first leg of Juve’s Champions League quarter-final with Ajax after picking up a hamstring injury during the international break, but Scolari is confident the No 7 will be back in time.

“Cristiano Ronaldo will be sad, this injury will cause some difficulty for Juve, but a muscle certainly won’t stop him,” the 70-year-old told Gazzetta dello Sport.

“He taught me and everyone else the importance of dedication: nothing falls from the sky. If you want something, you have to fight for it.

“He’s unique. In the past I gave him coaching advice, but I also taught him how to be more mature.

“I saw his hat-trick against Atletico, he gave joy to his teammates and himself. It was worth a lot for them but him too.

“It was revenge. Now Juventus are a serious candidate to win the Champions League. CR7 was the biggest signing Juve could make. He looks for a new challenge every year.

Having coached Ronaldo and his Brazilian namesake, who does Scolari rate higher?

“One isn’t better than the other,” he maintained.

“They’re two wonderful players who are bonded by a unique characteristic: decisiveness.

“If there’s a decisive match and they’re on the pitch, rest assured they’re the ones who decide it.”

Condividi questo messaggio

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
130740 messaggi

Home

Nedved: 'Ronaldo always wants to play'

https://www.football-italia.net/136683/nedved-historic-juve-milan

Apr 6, 2019

Nedved was asked about Cristiano Ronaldo’s intensive fitness work and therapy to get over a muscular injury in time for the Champions League quarter-finals against Ajax.

“Ronaldo is doing everything to be there, as the Champions League is his competition. We’d be very happy if he does return, but we are not putting pressure on him.

“Ronaldo always wants to play and if it was up to him, he’d be on the pitch right now. We had to stall him! He always wants to get out there and play, so is also a positive influence on the squad.”

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
130740 messaggi

Home

Ronaldo ready for Ajax, Can in doubt

https://www.football-italia.net/136711/ronaldo-ready-ajax-can-doubt

Apr 7, 2019

Cristiano Ronaldo is back in training and expected to play for Juventus against Ajax, but Emre Can is in doubt with an ankle sprain.

The first leg of the Champions League quarter-final is in Amsterdam on Wednesday.

Ronaldo took part in some of this morning’s training session with the rest of the squad, suggesting he’ll be ready to start or at least feature off the bench.

He has been out with a muscular problem since international duty with Portugal, but worked intensively with physiotherapists.

Emre Can, however, is a major doubt after he limped off during last night’s 2-1 win over Milan with a sprained right ankle.

More tests will be required over the next few days, but the mood is not optimistic.

Sami Khedira made his comeback against Milan a month after heart surgery, with Paulo Dybala, Mario Mandzukic, Leonardo Spinazzola and Mattia De Sciglio also returning.

Douglas Costa is expected to be in the squad for the trip to Amsterdam, but not start, as he has been out of action for several months.

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
130740 messaggi

Home

De Ligt: 'Ronaldo a predator in the box'

bc494c635de980fc2d1e132395d1cd8f-99630-1

https://www.football-italia.net/136850/de-ligt-ronaldo-predator-box

Apr 10, 2019

Matthijs de Ligt realised just how much of a “predator” Cristiano Ronaldo can be in the box, but Ajax proved against Juventus “we’re not a fluke.”

Ronaldo’s diving header broke the deadlock on the stroke of half-time, with David Neres equalising within 40 seconds of the restart in this Champions League quarter-final.

“It was a fiery atmosphere from the start and we had a few early chances, but unfortunately conceded just before half-time,” De Ligt told reporters.

“Ronaldo’s greatest quality, apart from his talent, is that he is a predator in the box. He sees an opportunity, just a tiny gap, and he goes for it incredibly quickly. He sprints into the area between two players.

“We know that you can’t leave gaps at the back for Juventus, as that’s what they prepare for. We passed it around and tried to find holes in their defence.

“I think we’ve done pretty well. We have a team with a lot of potential and that tends to emerge to its fullest in Champions League matches.

“We work so hard for each other. We proved today that Ajax are not in the Champions League quarter-finals because they are a fluke.

“Of course, Juventus are strong at home, everyone knows that, so it’ll be difficult in the second leg.”

Nicolas Tagliafico will be suspended, as he picked up a yellow card today.

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
130740 messaggi

Home

Ronaldo staying at Juve

FBL-EUR-C1-JUVENTUS-AJAX

https://www.football-italia.net/137149/report-ronaldo-staying-juve

Apr 19, 2019

A journalist with close links to Cristiano Ronaldo has refuted claims that the No 7 is thinking about leaving Juventus.

La Repubblica reported on Thursday that Juve’s Champions League exit had prompted Ronaldo to consider his future at the club, despite having three years left on his contract.

However, Edu Aguirre told El Chiringuito – which broke the news of Zinedine Zidane’s return to Real Madrid – that was not the case.

Nonetheless, the Bianconeri are expected to overhaul their squad this summer after another season devoid of success in Europe.

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
130740 messaggi

Home

Ronaldo: 'Staying at Juventus'

203532962-e437ebc6-506e-4830-ad24-da407b

https://www.football-italia.net/137204/ronaldo-staying-juventus

Apr 20, 2019

Cristiano Ronaldo assured he is “staying at Juventus 1,000 per cent” and is happy with this season after securing the Serie A title.

The Bianconeri beat Fiorentina 2-1 this evening to celebrate their eighth consecutive Scudetto, the first for the Portuguese star.

Ronaldo spoke to DAZN first and was asked about reports he could walk away from the Old Lady.

“I am staying at Juve, 1,000 per cent,” he replied.

“In my opinion, it was a very good first season and I adapted well. We won the Scudetto and the Italian Super Cup, which is certainly not easy to achieve,” Ronaldo told Sky Sport Italia.

“After winning the league in England and Spain, now I can say I’ve won it in Italy too. It was important to me and I’m very happy.”

The fact this comes just days after Juve’s Champions League quarter-final exit to Ajax does not phase CR7.

“It was a year of success, we are happy. You can’t win all the time. We felt that we could do more and we wanted to win, but only one side can win the Champions League.

“Next year is a new page, the fans all want it and so do we. It is an important trophy, but it’s difficult to get there in this tournament. It’s a positive group and I believe it has been a good season.”

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
130740 messaggi

Home

Balotelli: 'Don't compare Messi...'

https://www.football-italia.net/137570/balotelli-dont-compare-messi

May 2, 2019

Mario Balotelli praised Lionel Messi after his 600th goal for Barcelona, but “for the good of football please don’t compare him to” Cristiano Ronaldo again.

The Italy international was watching tonight’s Champions League semi-final, which saw Barca beat Liverpool 3-0 at Camp Nou with a Messi brace.

‘The Flea’ took his career tally to 600 goals for the club with a stunning free kick into the top corner.

Balotelli posted his thoughts on the matter via Instagram Stories.

“For the good of football, please don’t compare him to Juve’s Number 7 again.”

The reference was to Juventus star Cristiano Ronaldo.

Balo was also celebrating today, as his hometown club Brescia secured promotion back to Serie A after eight years.

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
130740 messaggi

Cristiano Ronaldo Says It's 'Annoying' Having to Prove Himself Every Season

222545451-e93d162a-9161-44f5-a992-b4492f

https://bleacherreport.com/articles/2834595-cristiano-ronaldo-says-its-annoying-having-to-prove-himself-every-season

May 4, 2019

Cristiano Ronaldo says it's annoying having to prove how good he is every season as he approaches the end of a fruitful first campaign with Juventus.

Some people consider the five-time Ballon d'Or winner to be the greatest player of all time, but he told ICON it can be tiresome to have to prove his quality year after year (h/t Marca):

"I won't deny that sometimes I get annoyed and tired because it seems as though every year I have to prove that I'm very good. 

"It's difficult, you have extra pressure of having to prove something to people and it's not only for you, but your mother, your son.

"It makes you more active.

"You have to train, but there comes a time when you have to say 'look, let me be...'"

Ronaldo missed out on a place in the UEFA Champions League semi-finals for the first time since the 2009-10 campaign after the Bianconeri were knocked out in the quarter-finals by Ajax.

Despite their European upset, Juve won an eighth successive Serie A crown with a major helping hand from last summer's £100 million signing.

Success breeds greater expectations, and Ronaldo is aware there are plenty who want to see him falter. He likened it to people "waiting with a shotgun for me to miss a penalty or fail in a big match."

Ronaldo's most recent accomplishment was heading in a late equaliser against Torino on Friday to salvage a 1-1 draw for the Scudetto champions (U.S. only):

ESPN FC@ESPNFC

Cristiano Ronaldo's towering header denies Torino a Derby della Mole victory! https://t.co/CqaAI7UEFG

That score underlined his importance to the team after he also scored Juventus' only goal in their 1-1 draw against Inter Milan in the previous game.

Days after fellow five-time Ballon d'Or winner Lionel Messi scored his 600th goal for the Catalan club, Ronaldo celebrated another milestone, per Squawka:

Squawka Football@Squawka

Cristiano Ronaldo has now scored 601 goals in his club career; 100 of them have been headers. That man can jump.  https://t.co/xS19nSzJXF

Now 34, it's only natural Ronaldo's output begins to decline. He's scored 28 times in 41 appearances this season and could finish a campaign with fewer than 30 goals for the first time since he left Manchester United in 2009.

The veteran forward stressed the importance of being humble before describing his "perfect" adaptation to life in Italy:

"You have to be humble. You have to learn that you don't know everything and, if you're smart, you improve little things that make you better as an athlete.

"I've adapted perfectly at Juventus. They saw that I'm not a smoke seller. They saw that I'm Cristiano Ronaldo and that I am what I am because I take care of myself.

"Why have I won five Ballon d'Ors and five Champions Leagues?"

Those comments don't account for the importance a team plays in winning competitions, as illustrated by two of this season's Champions League semi-finalists, Ajax and Tottenham Hotspur.

However, that's also not to detract from the obvious winning impact Ronaldo can have on any given fixture, as Juventus blogger Arjun Pradeep recently testified:

Arjun Pradeep@IndianRegista

If not for Cristiano Ronaldo, we would have found it very hard to win the Scudetto this season considering the injuries we've had post Jan. We have had over 50 injuries this year and barely had 15 first team players for any game post Feb. Cristiano has won us this Scudetto.

Juventus defender Giorgio Chiellini has spent a season alongside Ronaldo and credits his team-mate as an equal alongside the Barcelona ace, per Goal:

Goal@goal

How to put the rivalry between Messi and Ronaldo in context?  Tennis anyone?  https://t.co/wozci44yOg

Ronaldo continued to say he wants to surprise people who cite his age as a factor that will diminish his prowess, but it's testament to Juve's faith in his longevity that they gave him a contract until 2022.

He will be expected to keep shouldering the weight of expectation for at least another three seasons, and the five-time Ballon d'Or winner will be under pressure to prove his best years aren't behind him.

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
130740 messaggi

Home

Allegri: 'CR7 is like Zlatan'

https://www.football-italia.net/138012/allegri-cr7-zlatan

May 13, 2019

Juventus Coach Max Allegri described the similarities in working with Cristiano Ronaldo and Zlatan Ibrahimovic. “Their idea of fun is winning.”

The tactician was speaking at an event to present his new book, titled ‘E Molto Semplice’ – It’s very simple – when discussing CR7.

“In terms of mentality, he is stronger than anyone else. Every day he finds personal objectives to hit and he can find them within himself.

“A player who has won everything he has at the age of 34 will find it difficult to feel hungry, but he is deadly in that sense. He has this determination that is incredible.

“We should all learn from Ronaldo, and I too have learned, because it’s not everyone who gets to work with the best player in the world.

“For example, on Saturday morning we have a game between ranks in training. He has fun, but his fun is winning the game. I explained it to him, and I’ve written the same about Ibra in the book, his idea of fun is winning, but I told him not everyone is like that and for some there’s fun in a back-heel flick, a cheeky move, etc. And then later you bring that into the match situation.

“I had Ibra at Milan, who ever day would get angry about a misplaced pass and I told him that if everyone was as talented as him, there would be no problems.

“I told him he was the one who had to put himself at the disposal of the others, just as the best and most talented must always do with his peers.

“It’s difficult for the others to climb up to that level, so you must have the humility to not make it difficult for whoever is below you. That’s true of life and not just in football, so in that sense Ronaldo is very good.”

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
130740 messaggi

Home

ADL: CR7 is Juventus’ ‘real’ Coach

https://www.football-italia.net/138049/adl-insigne-wanted-leave-cr7

May 14, 2019

Aurelio De Laurentiis claims Cristiano Ronaldo is Juventus’ ‘real’ Coach and that Serie A playoffs are ‘unworkable’.

The movie mogul once claimed he had been offered Cristiano Ronaldo before he joined Juve, so what does he think about the No 7 now?

“Cristiano Ronaldo’s strong because he’s replaced his Coach with his presence. What’s [Allegri] had to do this season?” he continued.

“The real motivator is Ronaldo, he’s the man of the dressing room. When I saw him play for his national team, I saw him sitting on the bench driving his team and shouting more than his Coach to make them win.

“I couldn’t afford him: my parents taught me that you have to always work within your means.

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
130740 messaggi

Home

Ronaldo MVP in Serie A Awards

Afbeeldingsresultaat voor cristiano ronaldo juventus premiato

https://www.football-italia.net/138193/ronaldo-mvp-serie-awards

May 18, 2019

Cristiano Ronaldo is named MVP in Serie A for 2018-19, with Samir Handanovic, Kalidou Koulibaly, Sergej Milinkovic-Savic, Fabio Quagliarella and Nicolò Zaniolo also rewarded.

The new season awards are handed out by the Lega Serie A, using calculations from Opta Sports and Netco Sports, put together by Ernst & Young.

These evaluations take into account Serie A, Coppa Italia and Italian Supercup performances.

Juventus star Cristiano Ronaldo takes MVP (Most Valuable Player) for contributing 22 goals and 11 assists in 33 appearances.

Inter captain Handanovic will receive the award for Best Goalkeeper and Napoli man Koulibaly Best Defender.

Lazio’s Milinkovic-Savic has arguably had a poor season by his usual standards, but still comes out on top statistically as the Best Midfielder.

Current Capocannoniere Quagliarella of Sampdoria takes Best Striker thanks to his 26 Serie A goals.

Roma teenager Zaniolo is given the award for Best Young Player of 2018-19 in Italy.

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
130740 messaggi

Home

Ronaldo rape allegations dropped?

“Cristiano Ronaldo, la Mayorga ha ritirato l'accusa di stupro”

https://www.football-italia.net/138949/ronaldo-rape-allegations-dropped

Jun 5, 2019

Allegations of rape against Juventus star Cristiano Ronaldo have been dropped, according to Bloomberg.

The news agency reports a notice of voluntary dismissal was filed last month in Nevada state court in Las Vegas.

The filing did not say whether his accuser, Ms Kathryn Mayorga, had reached a settlement with Ronaldo.

Ms Mayorga, 34, filed a report with Las Vegas police last September, alleging she was sexually assaulted by Ronaldo at a hotel penthouse suite in the city in 2009.

She reached an out-of-court settlement with Ronaldo in 2010, receiving $375,000 (£288,000) to never go public with the allegations, but her lawyers argued the non-disclosure agreement was void.

Nevada police proceeded to reopen its investigation into the former model and school teacher’s accusations, which Ronaldo has strenuously denied and for which he has never been charged.

Las Vegas police issued a warrant in January to obtain Ronaldo’s DNA to see if it matched that found on Mayorga’s dress.

The case saw Juve’s share price fall by 15 percent, while the 34-year-old was replaced as the figurehead of EA Sports game FIFA 19 shortly after.

The Portuguese scored 28 goals and provided 13 assists for Juve last season – his first since a €112m transfer from Real Madrid.

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
130740 messaggi

Home

Portugal thank Ronaldo hat-trick

Risultati immagini per portogallo svizzera tripletta di ronaldo

https://www.football-italia.net/138994/portugal-thank-ronaldo-hat-trick

Jun 6, 2019

Cristiano Ronaldo made his Portugal comeback in style with a hat-trick, as they beat Switzerland 3-1 in the Nations League semi-final.

The Juventus striker had taken time off from international duty to help his first season in Turin and Serie A.

He returned refreshed and seemingly better than ever, because he was absolutely decisive to reach a place in the inaugural Nations League Final, which will be against England or the Netherlands.

CR7 broke the deadlock with a scorching free kick, then there was controversy for the Swiss equaliser – a penalty converted by Milan full-back Ricardo Rodriguez – because that was awarded by VAR for a foul that occurred moments before Portugal had been given a penalty.

As it looked like this was heading to extra time, Ronaldo stepped up with two ferocious finishes in just two minutes.

He now has 88 goals in 157 senior caps for Portugal, including seven hat-tricks!

Portugal 3-1 Switzerland

Ronaldo 25, 88, 90 (P), Rodriguez pen 57 (S)

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
130740 messaggi

Home

Ronaldo: 'Work ethic is key'

225959849-0896bbac-4e89-4cc1-9919-126371

https://www.football-italia.net/139105/ronaldo-work-ethic-key

Jun 8, 2019

Cristiano Ronaldo scored a hat-trick for Portugal in the Nations League and the Juventus star reveals how he keeps in shape at age 34.

“It's my country and wearing this shirt is a great honour. Obviously, being part of this competition is even more special, and scoring goals in it is the cherry on top of the cake,” he told UEFA.com.

His hat-trick against Switzerland set up tomorrow’s Nations League Final against the Netherlands and after a long hard season, CR7 is still in extraordinary form.

“It's the preparation – my work ethic. I still feel good despite being 34 years of age. The most important thing is your head, to feel motivated and happy, and to follow my path as a player, because I think I still have a lot to give and I feel very good.

“The Netherlands are an excellent team. They have been playing pretty well. I've been watching them in recent matches and they have an excellent squad with great players – young players and more experienced players, which makes their team even stronger.

“We know that they will be quite a difficult opponent, but I think that for both Portugal and the Netherlands, this is simply what finals are like.

“When I pull on the shirt of the national team, it's a huge honour for me and it's a different feeling than it is playing for clubs. It's our country: my family is Portuguese, my friends too. I grew up in Portugal, so it's special to put on the shirt of the national team.

“And obviously, the chance to fight for trophies makes it even more special – like it was in EURO 2004 and EURO 2016, and how this competition will be now.

“We are positive; we are playing at home. I hope the stadium will be great, that there will be good energy, that this energy will be transmitted to us, and that everyone can be confident, because we will try to give our best. Together, we can become champions.”

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
130740 messaggi

Home

Nations League: Portugal take the trophy

230023203-7f640913-ed55-4330-94be-6fdd86

https://www.football-italia.net/139174/nations-league-portugal-take-trophy

Jun 9, 2019

Portugal have won the first ever Nations League trophy after beating the Netherlands in the Final with a Goncalo Guedes strike.

England took the bronze medal in this inaugural edition of the Nations League, needing sudden death penalties to get the better of Switzerland.

Jasper Cillessen needed saves on Bruno Fernandes and a Cristiano Ronaldo glancing header, as Portugal dominated the first half with 12 shots on goal compared to none for the Dutch side.

The siege eventually found a way through when Cillessen got his hands to a Goncalo Guedes screamer from the edge of the box, but couldn’t keep it out.

Atalanta’s Marten de Roon’s rocket skimmed the crossbar and the first genuine Rui Patricio save was on 82 minutes, denying Donny van de Beek from close range.

Portugal 1-0 Netherlands

Goncalo Guedes 60 (P)

Portugal: Rui Patricio; Semedo, Ruben Dias, Fonte, Guerreiro; Danilo, William Carvalho (Ruben Neves 92), Bruno Fernandes (Joao Moutinho 81); Ronaldo, Goncalo Guedes (Rafa Silva 75), Bernardo Silva

Netherlands: Cillessen; Dumfries, De Ligt, Van Dijk, Blind; De Roon (L de Jong), F de Jong, Wijnaldum; Bergwijn (Van de Beek 60), Depay, Babel (Promes 46)

Ref: Mallenco (ESP)

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
130740 messaggi

Home

De Ligt: 'Ronaldo asked me to join Juve'

Risultati immagini per cristiano ronaldo e de ligt

https://www.football-italia.net/139179/de-ligt-ronaldo-asked-me-join-juve

Jun 9, 2019

Matthijs de Ligt reveals Cristiano Ronaldo “asked me to come to Juventus” after the Nations League Final. "I was a little shocked."

Portugal beat the Netherlands 1-0 to win the first ever edition of the tournament, with a goal from Goncalo Guedes.

At the final whistle, Ronaldo and De Ligt were seen laughing, so the Ajax defender was asked what they’d been talking about.

“Ronaldo asked me to come to Juventus,” De Ligt told NOS.

“I was a little shocked by that question, that’s why I laughed. I didn’t understand him at first.”

There are reports all over Europe this weekend that Manchester City’s latest offer was rejected, meaning the race for his signature is between Barcelona, Paris Saint-Germain and Juve.

De Ligt also spoke to Univision this evening and outlined his thought process.

“Now I will go on vacation, I’ll think carefully about what is best for me and then I’ll decide. For a young player like me, it’s important to go to a club where I can play consistently. That’s the main issue.”

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
130740 messaggi

Home

Ronaldo second highest paid athlete

173248807-f1fd1a70-d4a8-42fe-85a3-91a931

https://www.football-italia.net/139246/ronaldo-second-highest-paid-athlete

Jun 11, 2019

Cristiano Ronaldo of Juventus is the second-highest paid athlete in the world, behind Barcelona’s Lionel Messi.

The list was released by Forbes magazine and football is increasingly taking hold of the 100 Highest-Paid Athletes issue.

Messi topped the pile for the first time thanks to his Barcelona salary and endorsements, picking up $127m.

Ronaldo comes in second with $109m, as his Juventus wage is $65m compared to Messi’s $92m in Barcelona, but CR7 has $44m in endorsements and La Pulga only has $35m.

Neymar is third at PSG with $105m total earnings, with boxer Canelo Alvarez in fourth on $94m.

Serena Williams is back in 63rd place after there were disturbingly no women at all in the top 100 for 2018.

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
130740 messaggi

Home

Ronaldo revels in 'unforgettable' season

f1dee5ec41903eb1bda4dd973dd6ba0c-61851-1

https://www.football-italia.net/139404/ronaldo-revels-unforgettable-season

Jun 14, 2019

Cristiano Ronaldo proudly listed his personal achievements of the past nine months after looking back on an ‘unforgettable’ first season with Juventus.

Ronaldo marked his record-breaking transfer to Juve last summer with a 28-goal campaign, which saw him win a Scudetto and the Supercoppa, as well Serie A’s Most Valuable Player award.

However, the No 7 registered his lowest goal tally for 10 years and failed to lift the Champions League.

“What an unforgettable season!” wrote the 34-year-old on Instagram.

“New experiences, gigantic club, exciting city, broken records and three more titles!

“I have to thank all of Juventus fans for the wonderful way I was welcomed in Italy! You’re a very important part of our victories!

“Thanks to all my fans around the world and particularly to the Portuguese people that helped us reach another historical win for Portugal! You’ll always have a special place in my heart!

“Personally, I’ll never forget the great moments and new record-breaking achievements I’ve had so far in 2019:

- Italian Super Cup winning goal;

- Serie A win, Best Player and 21 goals;

- Nations League win and hat-trick;

- First Player to reach 100 wins and 125 goals in Champions League;

- First Player to win 10 UEFA titles;

- First Player to score in all National Teams final stages: FIFA World Cup, UEFA European Cup, FIFA Confederations Cup and UEFA Nations League;

- First Player to score in 10 consecutive National Teams final stages from 2004 to 2019;

“See you soon! Together we’ll keep fighting for new and amazing conquests! I’m counting on you!”

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
130740 messaggi

Home

Ronaldo to become CR9 at Juve

https://www.football-italia.net/139749/ronaldo-become-cr9-juve

Jun 22, 2019

Juventus Coach Maurizio Sarri visited Cristiano Ronaldo on vacation to discuss the new centre-forward role for CR7, which papers are already nicknaming CR9.

Multiple sources including La Stampa, Corriere della Sera, Gazzetta dello Sport and more all state that Sarri and director of sport Fabio Paratici flew out to the Cote d’Azur on Friday for a face-to-face meeting with Ronaldo on his yacht.

The former Napoli and Chelsea tactician has already hinted he’d like Ronaldo to shatter the existing Serie A record of 36 goals in a single season, set by Gonzalo Higuain at Sarri’s Napoli.

The key will reportedly be to move the Portuguese winger into the False 9 role, following in the footsteps of Dries Mertens and Eden Hazard.

Sarri made it clear in his Press conference that he is not stuck with the 4-3-3 system, having used 4-3-1-2 at Empoli and at the beginning of his Napoli career.

He intends to speak to the players and adapt his tactics to fit their characteristics, starting with the MVP Ronaldo.

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
130740 messaggi

Home

No charges in Ronaldo rape case

155648688-acb0623f-7ce1-44fe-8979-4a8d2d

https://www.football-italia.net/141106/no-charges-ronaldo-rape-case

Jul 22, 2019

Cristiano Ronaldo will not be charged in a rape case involving Kathryn Mayorga from 2009, confirmed prosecutors in Las Vegas.

The allegation stems from an incident in June 2009, when Mayorga claims she was raped in a Las Vegas hotel room after meeting Ronaldo and his friends at a nightclub.

She had signed a non-disclosure agreement worth $375,000 in order to stay silent, but recently declared it was void, went to the media and then asked police to pursue a criminal case.

Now prosecutors from Clark County have released a statement confirming that there will be no charges.

“Based upon a review of the information presented at this time, the allegations of sexual assault against Cristiano Ronaldo cannot be proven beyond a reasonable doubt.

“Therefore, no charges will be forthcoming.”

@LasVegasDA Declines to Prosecute 10-year-old Sexual Assault Allegation Against Cristiano Ronaldo. @ClarkCountyNV

View image on Twitter

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
130740 messaggi

Ronaldo praises Inter: 'They are a fantastic team'

155243493-9072ea53-3f42-4e78-a8e6-f744ac

https://www.calciomercato.com/en/news/ronaldo-praises-inter-they-are-a-fantastic-team-19948

Jul 24, 2019

Juventus superstar Cristiano Ronaldo has praised Inter and has hailed them as a 'fantastic team'.

Juventus were held to a 1-1 draw in their friendly in the International Champions Cup as Matthijs de Ligt scored an own goal but Cristiano Ronaldo scored a free-kick in the second half. But Juve won the tie 4-3 on penalties.

In an interview after the game, Ronaldo said: "We played well, especially in the second half. I think we deserved to win it. Inter played a good game: it's a fantastic team, with a great coach. It is a pleasure to be here, a great audience that has supported me and Juventus to the full."

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
130740 messaggi

Home

Ronaldo: 'Juve will win Champions League'

juventus_hqf. “Marca Leyenda” 🔥⚽️

https://www.football-italia.net/141433/ronaldo-juve-will-win-champions-league

Jul 30, 2019

Cristiano Ronaldo is certain Juventus will win the Champions League “within the next two seasons,” hails ‘GOAT’ Gigi Buffon and reveals that Matthijs de Ligt message.

The Portugal international returned to Madrid on Monday to pick up the Marca Leyenda award, representing his legendary status in La Liga.

“I left Real Madrid last year because I needed fresh motivation to my career, having won everything here,” he told Marca.

“I needed a change to express my idea of football, because I think I still have a lot to offer to myself, to the fans and to Juventus. I’m sure that will continue and I’m happy to have won three trophies in my first year at Juventus, including the Nations League for Portugal.

“I am not remotely worried that I’m getting older and I don’t think there’s a physical issue, but rather it’s the psychological factor that will decide when I retire. I hope that nothing happens until I turn 40, but if it does, then that’s life. Everything has a beginning and an end, so Cristiano cannot last forever.

“For now, I feel strong and want to continue winning important trophies.”

Things have changed in Turin this summer with the arrival of new Coach Maurizio Sarri, replacing the more defensive Max Allegri, but the target remains the same – ending the Champions League drought.

“Only one team wins the Champions League per year, that doesn’t diminish other achievements. For example, Barcelona invested so much money in the last five years and didn’t win the Champions League.

“Juve have strengthened very well and have a team that will fight to win, as always, but the trophy depends on so many factors, coincidences, draws, groups, injuries and good luck.

“As I always say, we mustn’t be obsessed with the Champions League. Juventus will win it, if not this year, even if I hope we do, then it’ll be the next. Over the next two seasons, considering the way we’re working, we have all the ingredients to win.”

Gianluigi Buffon has returned to Turin after one season at Paris Saint-Germain and finally gets to be teammates with Ronaldo.

“He is a player I really admire, we’ve faced off many times and he told me that he’s happy to be playing with me. I replied exactly the same, because in my opinion he’s the best goalkeeper in the history of football, along with Iker Casillas.

“I was surprised by the Juve group dynamic, as I thought everyone would be out for themselves, but the truth is this is a very united squad and I get along with everyone. Logically, it’s easier with those who speak Portuguese or Spanish.”

Ronaldo was asked who he would sign for Juventus, if he had the power to do so.

“Great champions always end up at big clubs. I won’t name names, as I am very happy with the squad we’ve got. It’s a competitive team.

“I want to clear up that when I told Matthijs de Ligt to come to Juventus after the Nations League Final with the Netherlands, I was joking. I’d never try to influence a Coach or director on who to buy. Having said that, I’m very happy that he has joined us.”

Neymar was rumoured as an option for Juve after demanding a Paris Saint-Germain exit, but Ronaldo remains tight-lipped.

“He is a great player, there were rumours about Real Madrid, Barcelona, Juve… that’s the job of the media, they have to sell papers, but I think he’s staying in Paris.

“If he doesn’t, then I hope he joins a club where he’ll be happy, can express his idea of football and above all has no injuries. That’s what I wish for him.”

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
130740 messaggi

Home

Juve face Ronaldo legal action?

162422865-7de93b72-7201-48c6-a2f2-452f30

https://www.football-italia.net/141378/juve-face-ronaldo-legal-action

Jul 30, 2019

Juventus are reportedly facing legal action from the organisers of their K League All-Stars friendly after Cristiano Ronaldo did not make an appearance.

According to Corriere dello Sport, TheFasta is seeking damages from Juve after they failed to give Ronaldo at least 45 minutes of playing time on Friday.

The 34-year-old remained a substitute during the 3-3 draw and had to witness an opposition player mimic his usual goal celebration.

It appears there was an agreement in place for the Bianconeri to field the No 7.

However, the club would have replied to TheFasta that the player was unable to play due to concerns over his physical condition.

“We sincerely apologize to fans for Ronaldo not playing in the match although he was later found to have a muscle problem,” said the K League in a statement.

“We’ll pay more careful attention to not disappoint K League fans.”

The Korea Herald adds the country’s top flight was demanding financial compensation from TheFasta, while it was not given prior notice that Ronaldo would not take part.

The friendly was hampered by logistical problems as the Old Lady only arrived in Seoul seven hours before kick-off.

Furthermore, heavy traffic in the city meant it did not get under way until 8:50pm local time – 50 minutes later than planned.

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
130740 messaggi

Home

Ronaldo & De Ligt up for FIFA award

Risultati immagini per ronaldo e de ligt premio fifa

https://www.football-italia.net/141489/ronaldo-de-ligt-fifa-award

Jul 31, 2019

Juventus pair Cristiano Ronaldo and Matthijs de Ligt have been nominated for The Best FIFA Men’s Player 2019.

Ronaldo helped Juve win their eighth straight Scudetto following his Italian-record €112m transfer from Real Madrid last summer, scoring 28 goals in all competitions.

He also captained Portugal to glory at the inaugural edition of the Nations League.

De Ligt, meanwhile, played a key role in Ajax’s League and cup double during the previous campaign, as well as their run to the Champions League semi-finals, during which they beat the Bianconeri.

He was later part of the Netherlands squad who lost to Portugal in the Nations League Final, despite only turning 20 next month.

Real Madrid midfielder Luka Modric is the holder of the award but is not in the running to retain it.

Neither is there a place for Alisson, despite the former Roma goalkeeper winning both the Champions League and Copa America with Liverpool and Brazil respectively.

The public can vote for the winner, which will be announced in Milan on September 23, along with those of the Best Men’s and Women’s Coaches.

The Best FIFA Men’s Player 2019 nominees: Cristiano Ronaldo (Juventus/Portugal), Frenkie de Jong (Barcelona/Netherlands), Matthijs de Ligt (Juventus/Netherlands), Eden Hazard (Real Madrid/Belgium), Harry Kane (Tottenham Hotspur/England), Sadio Mane (Liverpool/Senegal), Kylian Mbappe (Paris Saint-Germain/France), Lionel Messi (Barcelona/Argentina), Mohamed Salah (Liverpool/Egypt), Virgil van Dijk (Liverpool/Netherlands)

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
130740 messaggi

Juve, Ronaldo reveals the background story to his celebration

cristiano ronaldo juventus

https://www.calciomercato.com/en/news/juve-ronaldo-reveals-the-background-story-to-his-celebration-48010

Aug 5, 2019

In a recent interview with Soccer.com, Cristiano Ronaldo revealed how he came up with his famous goalscoring celebration during his time at Real Madrid.

"My siiuuu was born in a natural way. We (Real Madrid) were in the United States, we played against Chelsea, I scored, I jumped and I yelled that siiiuuu.

"The fans liked it so much that, when I met them, they called me 'Cristiano, siiiuuu' and they repeated the phrase. So from there on, I decided to continue with it," he concluded.

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti