Wednesday, october 30th 2019 - 9:00 p.m. CET

8.00 p.m. UK time - 7.00 p.m. GMT

Allianz Stadium - Turin
Referee: Antonio Giua

Juventus scrape past Genoa

Immagine

https://www.football-italia.net/SerieA/match/142459

Oct 30, 2019

Juventus scraped a chaotic and contentious 2-1 victory over Genoa after a game with two red cards and a last-gasp Cristiano Ronaldo penalty.

The Bianconeri needed a victory to recapture top spot from Inter, who had played last night, after their surprise 1-1 draw away to Lecce. Miralem Pjanic and Gonzalo Higuain picked up injuries during that game and were out of action, along with Giorgio Chiellini, but Aaron Ramsey and Douglas Costa returned to the bench. Daniele Rugani was given his first appearance of the season, with Rodrigo Bentancur filling in for Pjanic.

Genoa were revitalised by a win on Thiago Motta’s debut as coach, but still missed Lukas Lerager, Stefano Sturaro, Domenico Criscito, Andrea Favilli and Marko Pajac.

Juventus failed to beat Genoa both home and away last season, defeating them only once in the last four Serie A meetings as leaders.

Federico Bernardeschi and Paulo Dybala’s chest and volley forced early saves, but Leonardo Bonucci opened the scoring when he anticipated Ionut Radu at the near post to nod in a Bentancur corner.

Rugani almost paid a heavy price for being caught in possession by Agudelo, while Gigi Buffon beat away a Lasse Schone free kick, but Genoa equalised just five minutes later in bizarre fashion.

Alex Sandro’s poor pass was intercepted and Christian Kouame miskicked so badly that it bounced off his other leg and looped over Buffon.

Genoa were controversially reduced to 10 men after the restart, as Francesco Cassata received a second yellow card for a minor shirt tug on Dybala in midfield.

Juve still struggled to make any inroads, as Ronaldo turned a free header wide and Radu made an important save on Bernardeschi, but Dybala’s chest and volley flew over the bar.

The Bianconeri also went down to 10 men, as Adrien Rabiot was on the field for only 25 minutes when he committed a second bookable offence, lunging from behind on Sinan Gumus.

Cristiano Ronaldo thought he’d secured the win at the 93rd minute, but he was offside following a Sanabria error in possession.

Sanabria was at fault again moments later, tripping Cristiano Ronaldo for a last-gasp penalty. It wasn’t the clearest of fouls, but there was contact and Ronaldo converted despite Radu almost getting his fingertips to it.

Juventus: Buffon; Cuadrado, Bonucci, Rugani, Alex Sandro; Khedira (Rabiot 61), Bentancur, Matuidi (Ramsey 61); Bernardeschi (Douglas Costa 79); Dybala, Ronaldo

Genoa: Radu; Ghiglione, Romero, C Zapata, Ankersen; Schone, Cassata; Agudelo (Radovanovic 84); Pandev (Gumus 68), Pinamonti, Kouame (Sanabria 81)

Ref: Giua

Sent off: Cassata 51 (G), Rabiot 86 (J)

Condividi questo messaggio

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
130540 messaggi

Home

image.jpeg

TORINO - JUVENTUS       ..........

torino-128x128.png ........            105px-Juventus_FC_2017_logo.png

11th Matchday   

Saturday, november 2nd 2019 - 8:45 p.m. CET 

7.45 p.m. UK time - 6.45 p.m. GMT

Olimpico "Grande Torino" Stadium - Turin
Referee: Daniele Doveri

Sarri: 'I don't like VAR'

Immagine

https://www.football-italia.net/145910/sarri-i-dont-var

Nov 1, 2019

Maurizio Sarri admits he is not a big fan of VAR and is still struggling to grasp all the “absurd rules” ahead of Juventus’ derby with local rivals Torino.

Referees have been in the spotlight again this week as they preferred to go with their own controversial decisions rather than get a second opinion from the VAR.

However, Sarri believes the officials were right to stand by their original judgments.

“I prefer when the officials control the game on the pitch,” he said at a Press conference.

“Not all situations need to be communicated. When there is a handball, I still haven’t been able to grasp the rules.

“Also, in everyday life there are absurd rules and we need to adapt to them. I say I don’t like it, it was born to identify macroscopic errors, now it is used three or four-times a game. They have a more limited use of it abroad.”

The Coach is preparing for his first Derby della Mole with Juve, who have long had the edge on Toro...

“It’s a historical match on its own, no matter at what stage we are at in the season. I think we will be facing a highly-charged Torino as it is a very important derby for them.”

“It’s very important to keep the match on our tracks, sometimes it’s possible and sometimes not. I will say that it will be important we control the match tomorrow and keep it on our terms.”

“A derby is never a normal match. Right now, every match is important. I hope it will help us prevent becoming mentally tired.

“In London the derby is felt in a different manner, I will try to live this one in the best possible way.”

Miralem Pjanic pulled up with a muscle problem in the 2-1 win against Genoa, so will he make it tomorrow?

“I don’t know, yesterday he was training alone. He was in a meeting with the medical department, I don’t know if he can play tomorrow.

“Aaron Ramsey looks good, at least in training. Gonzalo [Higuain] is a great player. Last summer I saw him highly motivated, but in London I was less pleased. When he is motivated, he is a very important player.

“Ronaldo prefers to operate on the centre-left, Dybala on the centre-right, but neither of them are wide forwards so a pure front three with them isn’t suitable.”

Finally, the former Chelsea and Napoli boss also touched on the Superga disaster and how he feels it’s necessary to pay tribute.

“I came with Napoli and Empoli in the month of May, it felt it was my duty to go and pay tribute to legends of the sport [the Grande Torino team who died in the plane crash].

“I gladly did. I felt it was obligatory because the Grande Torino side are legendary in Italian football.”

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
130540 messaggi

Home

image.jpeg

11th Matchday   

Pjanic and Rincon available

Immagine

https://www.football-italia.net/145939/pjanic-and-rincon-available

Nov 2, 2019

Miralem Pjanic and Gonzalo Higuain are back in the Juventus squad for tonight’s Derby della Mole, while Tomas Rincon is available for Torino.

It kicks off at 19.45 GMT - 20.45 CET, click here for a match preview.

The Bianconeri are missing Giorgio Chiellini, Mattia Perin, Marko Pjaca and suspended Adrien Rabiot.

Pjanic and Higuain return after skipping Wednesday’s 2-1 victory over Genoa, but it’s widely reported the Bosnian will not be risked from the start following a muscular issue.

Higuain is back in action after a knock to the head in the 1-1 draw at Lecce, but he too is likely to be on the bench.

Aaron Ramsey and Mattia De Sciglio are reportedly pushing for a place in the starting XI, in place of Sami Khedira and Alex Sandro.

Torino have Nicolas Nkoulou sitting out a one-match ban, with Iago Falque and Kevin Bonifazi injured.

Midfielder Rincon is included in the squad, even though it remains to be seen if he’ll be considered fit enough to start.

Simone Verdi is the favourite rather than Simone Zaza as partner to Andrea Belotti.

Torino squad: Rosati, Sirigu, Ujkani, Aina, Ansaldi, Bremer, De Silvestri, Djidji, Izzo, Laxalt, Lyanco, Baselli, Berenguer, Lukic, Meite, Rincon, Belotti, Millico, Verdi, Zaza

Juventus squad: Szczesny, De Sciglio, De Ligt, Pjanic, Khedira, Ronaldo, Ramsey, Dybala, Douglas Costa, Alex Sandro, Danilo, Matuidi, Cuadrado, Bonucci, Higuain, Emre Can, Rugani, Demiral, Bentancur, Pinsoglio, Bernardeschi, Buffon

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
130540 messaggi

Home

image.jpeg

11th Matchday   

Torino-Juventus probable line-ups

Afbeeldingsresultaat voor torino juventus

https://www.football-italia.net/145930/torino-juventus-probable-line-ups

Nov 2, 2019

Torino coach Walter Mazzarri is feeling the pressure and could rely on Simone Verdi in this evening's Derby della Mole, while Juventus miss Miralem Pjanic again.

The Granata have had a disappointing start to the season, and currently sit in 13th position with five defeats in their opening 10 Serie A games.

Defender Nicolas Nkoulou is out through suspension, to be replaced by Brazilian defender Lyanco and Koffi Djidji.

Simone Verdi is expected to play with Andrea Belotti in attack, due to the absence of Iago Falque, leaving Simone Zaza on the bench.

Tomas Rincon is not 100 per cent fit, but Cristian Asnaldi should make his return.

Juventus have midfielder Adrien Rabiot suspended and Miralem Pjanic is a doubt for the derby due to the knock he sustained against Lecce last weekend.

Rodrigo Bentancur is therefore expected to start in central midfield again after the experiment against Genoa.

Wojciech Szczesny will return in place of Gigi Buffon, having been rested in midweek.

Mattia De Sciglio may start at left-back, but it looks likely that Alex Sandro will get the nod.

Gonzalo Higuain returns after sitting out the 2-1 win over Genoa on Wednesday with a head injury, but Paulo Dybala and Cristiano Ronaldo are the favourites, with support from Federico Bernardeschi. 

Torino (probable): Sirigu; Izzo, Lyanco, Bremer; De Silvestri, Baselli, Meite, Lukic, Ansaldi; Verdi, Belotti

Juventus (probable): Szczesny; Cuadrado, Bonucci, De Ligt, Alex Sandro; Emre Can, Bentancur, Matuidi; Bernardeschi; Ronaldo, Higuain

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
130540 messaggi

Home

image.jpeg

11th Matchday   

TORINO VS JUVENTUS: OFFICIAL LINE-UPS

Immagine

https://forzaitalianfootball.com/2019/11/torino-v-juventus-official-line-ups-3/

Juventus travel across town to the Stadio Olimpico Grande Torino to face Torino in the first Derby della Mole of the Serie A season.

In the last 26 Serie A clashes with Torino, Juventus have lost just once, as well as winning nine of the last 10 away derbies.

Historically, Torino have have suffered more top flight defeats against Juventus (70) than versus any other side, and have won just 35 Serie A matches against their city rivals.

Torino coach Walter Mazzarri last beat Juventus back in January 2011, and since then he has managed five draws and five defeats with Napoli, Inter and the Granata.

Torino: Sirigu; Izzo, Lyanco, Bremer; Ola Aina, Rincon, Meité, Baselli, Ansaldi; Verdi, Belotti

Juventus: Szczesny; Cuadrado, Bonucci, De Ligt, De Sciglio; Bentancur, Pjanic, Matuidi; Bernardeschi; Cristiano Ronaldo, Dybala

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
130540 messaggi

Home

image.jpeg

11th Matchday   

HT 0-0: Derby della Mole all level

Immagine

https://www.football-italia.net/145962/ht-derby-della-mole-all-level

Nov 2, 2019

Matthijs de Ligt risked giving away another penalty for handball and forced the toughest Salvatore Sirigu save, but the Derby della Mole is goalless at half-time.

The Granata were in dire straits after going out of the Europa League preliminary rounds and losing five of the opening 10 Serie A games, their worst start to the season since their relegation in the 2008-09 campaign. Fans turned on coach Walter Mazzarri, while the team was put into a training retreat after the midweek 4-0 defeat to Lazio. Nicolas Nkoulou was suspended, with Iago Falque and Kevin Bonifazi injured. Juve had Adrien Rabiot banned, Giorgio Chiellini injured, but Miralem Pjanic returned after a muscular problem.

Wojciech Szczesny had to come tearing out of his box to clear from Simone Verdi, but Matthijs de Ligt risked giving away yet another penalty for handball. He was given the benefit of the doubt because his arm was low and level with his torso when Andrea Belotti’s header redirected the ball.

Cristiano Ronaldo’s diving header flew over from 14 yards, as did his chest and volley, while Paulo Dybala’s left-foot curler stung Salvatore Sirigu’s gloves.

Belotti skipped past Mattia De Sciglio and pulled back for Soualiho Meite to fire over, while Sirigu got his fingertips to a Leonardo Bonucci header.

There was a huge save on the stroke of half-time, as De Ligt redirected a Ronaldo cross-shot from six yards and Sirigu showed cat-like reflexes to scoop it off the line.

Torino 0-0 Juventus (Half-Time)

Torino: Sirigu; Izzo, Bremer, Lyanco; Aina, Baselli, Rincon, Meite, Ansaldi; Verdi, Belotti

Juventus: Szczesny; Cuadrado, Bonucci, De Ligt, De Sciglio; Bentancur, Pjanic, Matuidi; Bernardeschi; Dybala, Ronaldo

Ref: Doveri

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
130540 messaggi

Home

image.jpeg

torino-128x128.png ........ 0-1           105px-Juventus_FC_2017_logo.png   

Matthijs de Ligt 70'  

11th Matchday   

De Ligt decides Derby della Mole

Immagine

https://www.football-italia.net/SerieA/match/142474

Nov 2, 2019

Matthijs de Ligt was the main man in the Derby della Mole, as he risked giving away another penalty and then scored the winner for Juventus.

The Granata were in dire straits after going out of the Europa League preliminary rounds and losing five of the opening 10 Serie A games, their worst start to the season since their relegation in the 2008-09 campaign. Fans turned on coach Walter Mazzarri, while the team was put into a training retreat after the midweek 4-0 defeat to Lazio. Nicolas Nkoulou was suspended, with Iago Falque and Kevin Bonifazi injured. Juve had Adrien Rabiot banned, Giorgio Chiellini injured, but Miralem Pjanic returned after a muscular problem.

Wojciech Szczesny had to come tearing out of his box to clear from Simone Verdi, but Matthijs de Ligt risked giving away yet another penalty for handball. He was given the benefit of the doubt because his arm was low and level with his torso when Andrea Belotti’s header redirected the ball.

Cristiano Ronaldo’s diving header flew over from 14 yards, as did his chest and volley, while Paulo Dybala’s left-foot curler stung Salvatore Sirigu’s gloves.

Belotti skipped past Mattia De Sciglio and pulled back for Soualiho Meite to fire over, while Sirigu got his fingertips to a Leonardo Bonucci header.

There was a huge save on the stroke of half-time, as De Ligt redirected a Ronaldo cross-shot from six yards and Sirigu showed cat-like reflexes to scoop it off the line.

Sirigu was again decisive with a low one-handed save on Ronaldo’s angled drive.

Gonzalo Higuain came off the bench and made an immediate impact. His ferocious volley on a set play brought an even better save out of Sirigu, but on the resulting corner Higuain knocked it back at the far post for De Ligt to fire into the roof of the net from six yards, giving Juventus the lead.

The Derby della Mole was suddenly wide awake. Toro immediately hit back, Szczesny getting down to parry a Cristian Ansaldi solo effort at the near post, then substitute Simone Zaza’s strike charged down in the box by the impressive Juan Cuadrado.

Toro got away with suicidal defending with a back-header intercepted by Ramsey, but Sirigu rushed out to clear. The Granata poured forward and had the ball in the net in stoppages, but only after Bremer was flagged offside.

Torino: Sirigu; Izzo, Bremer, Lyanco; Aina, Baselli (Millico 85), Rincon (Zaza 74), Meite, Ansaldi; Verdi (Lukic 80), Belotti

Juventus: Szczesny; Cuadrado, Bonucci, De Ligt, De Sciglio; Bentancur (Khedira 77), Pjanic, Matuidi; Bernardeschi (Ramsey 67); Dybala (Higuain 60), Ronaldo

Ref: Doveri

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
130540 messaggi

Home

image.jpeg

torino-128x128.png ........ 0-1           105px-Juventus_FC_2017_logo.png   

Matthijs de Ligt 70'  

11th Matchday   

De Ligt: 'It wasn't a penalty'

7099e92c15b6a68551324f7840f31a1c-58284-1

https://www.football-italia.net/145965/de-ligt-it-wasnt-penalty

Nov 2, 2019

Matthijs de Ligt insists he “knew immediately it wasn’t a penalty, because my arms were down” and celebrated his Juventus winner against Torino.

The former Ajax centre-back was decisive in the Derby della Mole, volleying in from close range on a Gonzalo Higuain knock-down.

“I am really happy, of course. It was a really important game, as Inter won also. We won 1-0 and it was my goal, so really special,” the defender told DAZN.

There was controversy in the first half, as Torino had penalty appeals when Andrea Belotti’s glancing header struck De Ligt’s arm.

“I am just standing like this and the ball hit me. I knew immediately it was not a penalty, because the rules are if my arms are down here, it’s not a penalty.

“Obviously, when you come to a new club, it’s always going to be hard. It’s going well, the guys made me feel welcome and I think I’m improving every game.

“I hope that I showed tonight what I can bring to the team. My teammates are really nice, Higuain gave me an amazing assist and I’m really happy.”

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
130540 messaggi

Home

image.jpeg

torino-128x128.png ........ 0-1           105px-Juventus_FC_2017_logo.png   

Matthijs de Ligt 70'  

11th Matchday   

Sarri: 'Juve couldn't be beautiful'

sarri torino-juventus intervista

https://www.football-italia.net/145967/sarri-juve-couldnt-be-beautiful

Nov 2, 2019

Maurizio Sarri maintains Juventus always planned to take the sting out of Torino before winning late on. “This was not a game where we could try to be beautiful.”

The Bianconeri were again far from convincing, but scraped a 1-0 win thanks to Matthijs de Ligt volleying in a Gonzalo Higuain knockdown on a corner.

It allowed Juve to stay top of the table, despite Inter beating Bologna 2-1 in stoppages earlier this evening.

“This was a very difficult game and it was clear Torino would be extremely determined from the start, so the first phase of the plan was just to contain them and take control of the match later on, then close it towards the end,” the coach told DAZN.

“It was a tough game, full of intensity, physicality and tough tackling. It’s not really suited to our characteristics, but we managed to get it done.

“This was not the game where we could try to be beautiful. The opposition’s characteristics, current form and the state of the pitch all meant we were forced to play with elements that aren’t our usual approach, so it’s reassuring that we were able to win anyway.

Sarri was asked about some of the squad rotation this evening, just days before the Champions League trip to Lokomotiv Moscow.

“Bernardeschi has more dynamism and forward runs, whereas Ramsey is better at passing. Ramsey was out injured for a month, but I don’t feel he still has 90 minutes in his legs. It is good to have players who can come off the bench and change gears.

“Alex Sandro seemed a little tired and it was only right to give him some rest. Mattia De Sciglio had been out for a while, so he was a little rusty, but once he too got into the rhythm, he did better.”

Former Ajax defender De Ligt was at the centre of attention, as he risked giving away another penalty for handball, then scored the winner.

“De Ligt struggled in the first 20 minutes, but then got into the game and had a very good second half. He is 19 years old, comes from a much more open and less tactical league than ours, the kind where errors happen and nobody notices.

“It’s only natural he’ll need a period of apprenticeship and he is improving.”

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
130540 messaggi

Home

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTRpj1RcEjjGbP0Ptg6aHR

LOKOMOTIV MOSCOW - JUVENTUS

image.png                            105px-Juventus_FC_2017_logo.png                                                         

Champions League 2019-2020 - 4th Matchday

Wednesday, november 6th 2019 - 7:00 p.m. CET 

6.00 p.m. UK time - 5.00 p.m. GMT
RZD Arena - Moscow
Referee: Ruddy Buquet (France)

De Ligt out of Lokomotiv-Juventus

Immagine

https://www.football-italia.net/146077/de-ligt-out-lokomotiv-juventus

Nov 5, 2019

Matthijs de Ligt is out of the Juventus squad travelling to Lokomotiv Moscow for the Champions League game due to a sprained ankle.

It kicks off on Wednesday at 17.55 GMT, valid for the group stage of the tournament.

Defender De Ligt has not made the trip, as he sprained his left ankle during the victory over Torino on Saturday, where he scored the winner.

It is only a light sprain and he should be available for this weekend’s Serie A clash with Milan.

The candidates to replace the Dutchman are Daniele Rugani and Merih Demiral.

Giorgio Chiellini is a long-term absentee, while Emre Can and Mario Mandzukic are not in the UEFA list.

Juventus squad for Lokomotiv Moscow: Szczesny, De Sciglio, Pjanic, Khedira, Ronaldo, Ramsey, Dybala, Douglas Costa, Alex Sandro, Danilo, Matuidi, Bonucci, Higuain, Rugani, Rabiot, Demiral, Bentancur, Pinsoglio, Bernardeschi, Buffon

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
130540 messaggi

Home

Official: Grosso new Brescia coach

Brescia, Fabio Grosso in panchina: c'è l'ufficialità

https://www.football-italia.net/146072/official-grosso-new-brescia-coach

Nov 5, 2019

Fabio Grosso has been confirmed as the new coach of Brescia after Eugenio Corini was fired at the weekend, and he is already taking training today.

The World Cup winner turns 42 later this month and takes over a Brescia side inside the relegation zone after seven losses in 10 games this season, which led to the dismissal of Corini.

However, they do have a game in hand, to be played against Sassuolo in December.

Grosso had to first come to an agreement with Hellas Verona to terminate his contract, which had remained in force since his dismissal on May 1.

“Verona have mutually agreed to termite the contract with Fabio Grosso,” Verona wrote in a statement on their official website.

“The Gialloblu wish him the best of luck in the future and in his career as a coach.”

Grosso starts his tenure with a home game against Torino this Saturday, looking to end a run of three defeats in a row.

His previous jobs were at the Juventus youth teams, Serie B side Bari and then Verona in 2018-19, but he was sacked by Hellas despite taking them to the promotion play-offs.

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
130540 messaggi

Home

Supercoppa set for December 22

Gerelateerde afbeelding

https://www.football-italia.net/146084/supercoppa-set-december-22

Nov 5, 2019

The Saudi capital of Riyadh will host the Supercoppa between Juventus and Lazio on December 22, it has been confirmed.

The fixture will be a 17:45 GMT kick-off (19:45 local time) and will be held at the King Saud University Stadium.

Saudi Arabia also played host to the Supercoppa last season, when Juventus beat Milan 1-0 in Jeddah at the start of this year.

Gazzetta dello Sport reports there will be no gender barriers on the premises in Riyadh “for the first time”.

Therefore, women will have access to all areas of the stadium and foreign women will not have to wear the traditional ‘abaya’ over-garment.

Serie A has already rescheduled both sides’ fixtures to accommodate for the Supercoppa.

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
130540 messaggi

Home

RZD Arena - Moscow

Sarri: 'Positive Juve start, but...'

223132901-ce5398ca-d043-47e0-8970-603567

https://www.football-italia.net/146096/sarri-positive-juve-start

https://www.football-italia.net/146114/sarris-italian-record-europe

Nov 5, 2019

Maurizio Sarri believes he has made a “positive” start at Juventus but warns “we still have room to grow” ahead of facing Lokomotiv Moscow tomorrow.

Sarri remains unbeaten in competitive games this season, but much of the stylish play promised by his reign has yet to be seen during Juve matches.

“In Europe if you don’t do play at a worthy level, you don’t pick up points,” the former Chelsea boss said at a Press conference.

“It’ll be a difficult game, they already made it difficult for us in the first leg. In the Champions League if you don’t put in performances, you don’t get results.

“The objective is to get past the group stage. We then want first place in the group, but we’re facing a team that are playing to keep their own hopes of qualification alive.

“The balance sheet for me has been positive so far, both in the League and the Champions League.

“We still have room to grow. If you look at the data of the last few seasons and this one, it’ll differ in terms of the team’s centre of gravity, attempts at goal and goals conceded.

“They won’t always be for the better but they’re different. We’re working in a different way now.

“I have the feeling that, luckily, our players have room for improvement.”

The Bianconeri needed a late Paulo Dybala brace to beat Lokomotiv 2-1 at home last month, so is the coach expecting a different approach from the Russian side?

“If there were countermeasures against teams who sit back, no-one would sit back anymore.

“It’s difficult, unless you find the breakthrough straight away. These are situations that are resolved through a single player rather than tactics.

“Luckily we have a host of players with great quality. If they repeat the attitude they played with in the first game then we’ll figure it out, but they’ll have a different game this time around.

“They’re different at home. They’re more aggressive and proactive.”

Finally, the 60-year-old was asked about whether Dybala and Gonzalo Higuain would ever be partnered in attack.

“The last thing I want to do is convince them to accept staying out.

“The lads knew the situation well from the start. They took themselves off the market and stayed.

“By making that choice, they knew they would’ve hardly played together. If I can get them to play together, I’ll be the first person to be happy.”

Maurizio Sarri holds a record for an Italian coach in Europe by going on a run of 19 matches without defeat across the Champions League and Europa League.

Last season, the former Napoli boss led Chelsea to Europa League glory after they beat Arsenal 4-1 in the Final, and he has continued to put his stamp on the Bianconeri in the Champions League this term.

Since the tournament was reformed in 1992 and became the Champions League we know today, no Italian coach has bettered Sarri’s run of games without a loss.

Former Manchester United manager Sir Alex Ferguson tops the list by going 25 fixtures unbeaten in the competition, between 2007 and 2009.

Sarri is only one away from matching Louis van Gaal’s unbeaten streak of 20 with Ajax between 1993 and 1995 and four away from Sven-Göran Eriksson, who did not lose in 23 games with Goteborg and Benfica.

Tonight, the 60-year-old can take another step towards Sir Alex’s record when Juve face Lokomotiv Moscow.

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
130540 messaggi

Home

RZD Arena - Moscow

Line-ups: L Moscow v Juventus

Immagine

https://www.football-italia.net/146137/line-ups-l-moscow-v-juventus

Nov 6, 2019

Juventus look to Daniele Rugani, Aaron Ramsey, Cristiano Ronaldo and Gonzalo Higuain against Lokomotiv Moscow in the Champions League.

It kicks off at the Stadion Lokomotiv at 17.55 GMT.

The Bianconeri will mathematically seal their place in the Round of 16 with a victory in Moscow, so there is plenty of motivation to do well.

It is also far from taken for granted, considering Lokomotiv Moscow were 1-0 up in Turin until a late Dybala brace turned it around for 2-1.

Maurizio Sarri is forced into some changes in Russia, as Juan Cuadrado is suspended and makes way for Danilo, while Matthijs de Ligt sprained his ankle, so Daniele Rugani gets the nod rather than Merih Demiral in only his second appearance of the season, his first in the Champions League.

There are also adjustments upfront, as Ramsey returns in the trequartista role behind the strikers, taking over from Federico Bernardeschi.

Gonzalo Higuain partners Cristiano Ronaldo, as Dybala had a stomach bug yesterday and is not feeling 100 per cent fit.

Lokomotiv Moscow are still without Luka Djordjevic, Anton Miranchuk, Fedor Smolov, Jefferson Farfan and Boris Rotenberg.

Eder is again the only real option to lead the attack, with support from Aleksei Miranchuk and ex-Inter midfielder Joao Mario.

Lokomotiv Moscow: Guilherme; Ignatyev, Höwedes, Corluka, Rybus; Zhemaletdinov, Krychowiak, Barinov, Joao Mario; Al Miranchuk, Eder

Lokomotiv bench: Kochenkov, Zhivoglyadov, Idowu, Kolomeytsev, Murilo, Magkeev, Tugarev

Juventus: Szczesny; Danilo, Bonucci, Rugani, Alex Sandro; Khedira, Pjanic, Rabiot; Ramsey; Higuain, Ronaldo

Juventus bench: Buffon, De Sciglio, Dybala, Douglas Costa, Matuidi, Demiral, Bentancur

Ref: Buquet (FRA)

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
130540 messaggi

Home

RZD Arena - Moscow

HT 1-1: Lokomotiv bite back with Juventus

Immagine

https://www.football-italia.net/146145/ht-lokomotiv-bite-back-juventus

Nov 6, 2019

Juventus are held 1-1 at the break by Lokomotiv Moscow, who pounced on poor defending after Aaron Ramsey made the most of a howler.

The Bianconeri could qualify for the Round of 16 with a victory, having fought back from an Aleksei Miranchuk goal to win 2-1 in Turin with Paulo Dybala’s brace.

Dybala was only on the bench in Moscow, having suffered from a stomach bug, so Gonzalo Higuain partnered Cristiano Ronaldo with the returning Aaron Ramsey. Danilo and Daniele Rugani came in for suspended Juan Cuadrado and injured Matthijs de Ligt. The hosts were still without Luka Djordjevic, Anton Miranchuk, Fedor Smolov, Jefferson Farfan and Boris Rotenberg.

It was a bizarre start, as within four minutes Cristiano Ronaldo’s powerful free kick from a difficult angle, practically at the touchline, squirmed through Guilherme’s arms and legs, with Aaron Ramsey getting the final touch just before the ball had entirely crossed over. UEFA awarded the goal to Ramsey, an historic one, as it was Juve’s 300th in the Champions League. It also means Ronaldo has still never scored a free kick in a Juventus jersey.

Lokomotiv hit right back, as a Maciej Rybus cross from the left found Aleksei Miranchuk’s header that bounced off the far post and he was quickest to react on the rebound. He had also found the net in Turin, so clearly enjoys facing the Bianconeri.

The hosts continued to push forward with rapid counter-attacks, as Miranchuk only shinned a very promising Rybus cross from 12 yards and he got a second bite, his header landing on the roof of the net.

Gonzalo Higuain sprung the offside trap on a floated ball and kept his volley low, forcing a fantastic fingertip save from Guilherme.

Lokomotiv 1-1 Juventus (Half-Time)

Ramsey 4 (J), Al Miranchuk 12 (L)

Lokomotiv Moscow: Guilherme; Ignatyev, Höwedes, Corluka, Rybus; Zhemaletdinov, Krychowiak, Barinov, Joao Mario; Al Miranchuk, Eder

Juventus: Szczesny; Danilo, Bonucci, Rugani, Alex Sandro; Khedira, Pjanic, Rabiot; Ramsey; Higuain, Ronaldo

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
130540 messaggi

Home

image.png            1-2                105px-Juventus_FC_2017_logo.png                                                                 

Aaron Ramsey 4'

Aleksej Miranchuk 12'

Douglas Costa 93'  

RZD Arena - Moscow

CL: Douglas Costa conquers Moscow

Immagine

https://www.football-italia.net/146145/cl-douglas-costa-conquers-moscow

Nov 6, 2019

A moment of magic from Douglas Costa in stoppages gave Juventus the 2-1 victory away to Lokomotiv Moscow, booking their spot in the Champions League Round of 16.

The Bianconeri had the opportunity to qualify for the Round of 16 with a victory, having fought back from an Aleksei Miranchuk goal to win 2-1 in Turin with Paulo Dybala’s brace.

Dybala was only on the bench in Moscow, having suffered from a stomach bug, so Gonzalo Higuain partnered Cristiano Ronaldo with the returning Aaron Ramsey. Danilo and Daniele Rugani came in for suspended Juan Cuadrado and injured Matthijs de Ligt. The hosts were still without Luka Djordjevic, Anton Miranchuk, Fedor Smolov, Jefferson Farfan and Boris Rotenberg.

It was a bizarre start, as within four minutes Cristiano Ronaldo’s powerful free kick from a difficult angle, practically at the touchline, squirmed through Guilherme’s arms and legs, with Aaron Ramsey getting the final touch just before the ball had entirely crossed over. UEFA awarded the goal to Ramsey, an historic one, as it was Juve’s 300th in the Champions League. It also means Ronaldo has still never scored a free kick in a Juventus jersey.

Lokomotiv hit right back, as a Maciej Rybus cross from the left found Aleksei Miranchuk’s header that bounced off the far post and he was quickest to react on the rebound. He had also found the net in Turin, so clearly enjoys facing the Bianconeri.

The hosts continued to push forward with rapid counter-attacks, as Miranchuk only shinned a very promising Rybus cross from 12 yards and he got a second bite, his header landing on the roof of the net.

Gonzalo Higuain sprung the offside trap on a floated ball and kept his volley low, forcing a fantastic fingertip save from Guilherme.

After the restart, Guilherme beat away another Cristiano Ronaldo free kick, then got his hands to a rocket from the Portuguese star that was flying into the near top corner.

Joao Mario wasted a promising counter by blasting over, while Juve’s long passing moves at a slow tempo did little to really trouble the hosts.

Instead, Lokomotiv Moscow had a huge double chance on 78 minutes. First Wojciech Szczesny came rushing out to clear from Krychowiak, then Leonardo Bonucci got back to clear the Joao Mario follow-up off the line.

Paulo Dybala somewhat surprisingly replaced Ronaldo as the final substitution and he nearly scored. La Joya chested down a ball for Higuain, then Vedran Corluka stopped him getting the tap-in from six yards on the Rabiot roll across, while Pjanic’s strike was deflected wide.

It seemed as if a 1-1 draw was inevitable, until a sudden Flash from the substitute. Douglas Costa dribbled past three defenders down the left side, completed a give-and-go with Higuain, beat another two men as he cut inside and then nutmegged the goalkeeper deep into stoppages for 2-1.

Lokomotiv 1-2 Juventus

Ramsey 4 (J), Aleksej Miranchuk 12 (L), Douglas Costa 93 (J)

Lokomotiv Moscow: Guilherme; Ignatyev, Höwedes, Corluka, Rybus; Zhemaletdinov (Murilo 82), Krychowiak, Barinov, Joao Mario (Kolomeytsev 85); Aleksej Miranchuk, Eder 

Juventus: Szczesny; Danilo, Bonucci, Rugani, Alex Sandro; Khedira (Douglas Costa 69), Pjanic, Rabiot; Ramsey (Bentancur 64); Higuain, Ronaldo (Dybala 82)

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
130540 messaggi

Home

image.png            1-2                105px-Juventus_FC_2017_logo.png                                                                 

Aaron Ramsey 4'

Aleksej Miranchuk 12'

Douglas Costa 93'  

RZD Arena - Moscow

Douglas Costa: 'My most important goal'

210930010-3c3c239f-d732-453d-902b-a197bd

https://www.football-italia.net/146150/douglas-costa-my-most-important-goal

Nov 6, 2019

Douglas Costa confessed the winner away to Lokomotiv Moscow was “one of my most important goals in a Juventus jersey.”

The Brazilian came off the bench to snatch a 2-1 victory with his mazy run, complete with Gonzalo Higuain back-heel flick and nutmeg on the goalkeeper.

It proved decisive not just for the win, but also to secure their place in the Champions League Round of 16.

“It is one of my most important goals in a Juventus jersey,” he told Sky Sport Italia.

“I am happy to have come on and helped the team. I played as a trequartista a few times five or six years ago, so now I have to adapt all over again to this role.

“We played as a team today and that allowed us to bring home the victory.”

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
130540 messaggi

Home

Aaron Ramsey 4'

Aleksej Miranchuk 12'

Douglas Costa 93'  

RZD Arena - Moscow

Sarri: 'Not one of our best games'

Afbeeldingsresultaat voor sarri e cr7 mosca

https://www.football-italia.net/146151/sarri-not-one-our-best-games

Nov 6, 2019

Maurizio Sarri admits “it was not one of our best performances” and explains Juventus changes in a 2-1 win at Lokomotiv Moscow, including Cristiano Ronaldo’s substitution.

The Bianconeri again struggled to get the better of Lokomotiv Moscow 2-1 with a last-gasp Douglas Costa run, after Leonardo Bonucci’s goal-line clearance had kept out Joao Mario.

“It was not one of our best performances,” admitted the coach on Sky Sport Italia.

“We were too open to the many counter-attacks and we knew that they would take this sort of approach to the game. We were too open in the first half, lost the ball too cheaply, so it was impossible to immediately go and win it back.

“After the break, we had too many men in front of the ball and the passing was too slow, which created the big risks we’d lose it and get caught on the counter.

“At least I saw good character from the players, as they really wanted the win at all costs and achieved it with Douglas Costa’s moment of magic, in conjunction with Gonzalo Higuain.

“Douglas Costa has only just returned from a long injury, so he’s not yet the player he was. He’s still a little timid on the acceleration, but still has so much quality that he can play in any area and make the difference.

“We needed to rest some players, because we had six games in 18 days. We knew Aaron Ramsey and Douglas Costa didn’t have 90 minutes in them, so preferred to alternate them. We wanted to avoid fatigue.”

Sarri shocked everyone, including Cristiano Ronaldo, when replacing CR7 with Paulo Dybala as his final substitution.

“Ronaldo is not in great shape at the moment, as over the last few days he’s had a bad knee, so to compensate for it he is putting more strain on the adductor.

“He was already irritable towards half-time because it was causing him problems. On a sprint, he made a movement I didn’t like the look of, so I was afraid he’d really hurt himself and decided it was best to take him off.”

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
130540 messaggi

Home

Aaron Ramsey 4'

Aleksej Miranchuk 12'

Douglas Costa 93'  

RZD Arena - Moscow

Juventus hit 300 Champions goals

191904951-27e9199f-0798-400d-8b7d-39659f

https://www.football-italia.net/146144/juventus-hit-300-champions-goals

Nov 6, 2019

Juventus have reached an historic milestone with their 300th Champions League goal, scored by Aaron Ramsey against Lokomotiv Moscow.

The Welsh wizard got the tap-in just before the ball had completely crossed the line, as Guilherme let a Cristiano Ronaldo free kick squirm through his arms and legs.

That touch means Ronaldo has still never scored a free kick in a Bianconeri jersey.

The 298th and 299th goals in the competition were scored by Paulo Dybala against Lokomotiv in Turin last month.

Since the tournament changed format from the old European Cup to Champions League, the first Juve goal was contributed by Michele Padovano in September 1995 in a match with Borussia Dortmund.

The 100th strike was scored by David Trezeguet, while the 200th came from Sebastian Giovinco.

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
130540 messaggi

Home

image.jpeg

JUVENTUS - MILAN

105px-Juventus_FC_2017_logo.png             4004.png

12th Matchday   

Sunday, november 10th 2019 - 8:45 p.m. CET

Allianz Stadium - Turin
Referee: Fabio Maresca

Sarri: 'Higuain motivated with Milan'

Afbeeldingsresultaat voor sarri conferenza stampa pre juventus milan

https://www.football-italia.net/146249/sarri-higuain-motivated-milan

Nov 9, 2019

Maurizio Sarri trusts Gonzalo Higuain will be highly-motivated against Milan, has Cristiano Ronaldo concerns, but Juventus cannot do without Leonardo Bonucci right now.

It kicks off on Sunday at 19.45 GMT, click here for a match preview.

“Milan are a good team, they haven’t done their best yet this season, but anything can happen in a one-off match,” warned Sarri in his press conference.

“They are rebuilding and there are always going to be difficulties in that situation. They are laying the foundations. I don’t know how much it’ll help them get back to certain levels, but they do have good potential.

“We need more intensity, particularly when defending, compared to the game against Lokomotiv Moscow.”

Cristiano Ronaldo was substituted during that 2-1 Champions league win because of a recurring knee and muscular issue.

“I don’t know if he can play yet, we’ll see what he is able to do today and also tomorrow morning. It’s nothing serious, just a pain in his knee that then leads him to unbalance his posture during games. Matthijs de Ligt had a positive response to tests on his ankle and we’ll see today, as he’ll train with the squad.”

Although Sarri is rotating his squad regularly, Leonardo Bonucci never seems to get any rest.

“My choices say it all. If I thought we could do without him right now, I’d have let him rest. He is needed for his experience, character and defensive organisation, so we are asking him for an enormous sacrifice. I hope he can rest in future.”

Douglas Costa came off the bench in Moscow to score a spectacular winner and is expected to start tomorrow in his new trequartista role behind the strikers.

“He did well in Moscow and went a little wider because there was no space in the centre, but that too is the job of a trequartista, to find the space. I think Federico Bernardeschi’s performances in that role have been underestimated, as we need balance right now and cannot afford a purely attacking player there.”

It’s a very special game for Gonzalo Higuain, who had a disappointing six months on loan at Milan before rediscovering his form in Turin.

“Gonzalo’s history shows he needs strong motivation to give his best,” confirmed Sarri. “He is currently in good shape both physically and psychologically, so he can and is giving the team a great contribution. He’s really helping in the build-up, I feel he can do a tiny bit more in the finishing, so should go for goal himself more.”

Finally, former Napoli coach Sarri was asked about the chaos currently unfolding at the Stadio San Paolo, with players rebelling against a training retreat and Carlo Ancelotti under pressure.

“I am outside of the situation, so do not presume to know what’s happening. There are strong characters like Carlo Ancelotti and Cristiano Giuntoli there, so I’m sure they’ll be able to resolve it.”

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
130540 messaggi

image.jpeg

JUVENTUS - MILAN

12th Matchday   

Allianz Stadium - Turin

JUVENTUS V AC MILAN: PROBABLE LINE-UPS AND KEY STATISTICS

juventus-milan formazioni 2019-2020

https://forzaitalianfootball.com/2019/11/juventus-v-ac-milan-probable-line-ups-and-key-statistics/

Nov 9, 2019

Juventus aim to extend their lead atop the Serie A table when they welcome AC Milan to Turin on Sunday night at 20:45.

PROBABLE LINE-UPS

Juventus (4-3-1-2): Szczesny; Cuadrado, De Ligt, Bonucci, Alex Sandro; Khedira, Pjanic, Matuidi; Douglas Costa; Dybala, Cristiano Ronaldo.

Unavailable: Chiellini.

AC Milan (4-3-3): Donnarumma; Calabria, Duarte, Romagnoli, Theo Hernandez; Paquetà, Bennacer, Krunic; Suso, Piatek, Calhanoglu.

Unavailable: Rodriguez, Caldara, Musacchio, Castillejo.

KEY STATISTICS

– This will be the 169th Serie A meeting between Juventus and AC Milan – the Bianconeri winning 65 and drawing 54 (L49).

– Juventus have won all of their home Serie A encounters against AC Milan since they started playing at the Juventus Stadium: eight wins, with 17 goals in total (2.1 on average).

– Eight of Juventus’ nine victories in Serie A this season have been by a one-goal margin: more than any other side in the top five European leagues in 2019/20.

– Maurizio Sarri has won each of his first seven home games with Juventus in all competitions, also achieved by Massimiliano Allegri (eight wins in a row): only four coaches have done so previously with Juventus (Renato Cesarini, Carlo Parola, Didier Deschamps and Giovanni Trapattoni).

– AC Milan are currently 11th in the Serie A table, their lowest placing after the opening 11 games of a Serie A season (since three points have been awarded for a win).

– AC Milan have lost three of their first five top flight encounters away from home this season (W2), as many defeats as in their previous 14 away games in the competition.

– No side have gained more points thanks to goals scored in the last 30 minutes of play in Serie A 2019/20 than Juventus (also Atalanta). In contrast, AC Milan have lost more points in the same period than any other side (seven).

– Excluding blocked shots, AC Milan have the lowest shooting accuracy percentage (35%) in the Serie A this season whilst Juventus are fourth in this ranking (50%).

– Juventus forward Paulo Dybala has scored six goals in Serie A against AC Milan, he has only bagged more goals against Lazio and Udinese (seven) in the competition: five of these goals have been netted in five home encounters vs the Rossoneri (one per game).

– Krzysztof Piatek has scored three goals with his first 30 shots with AC Milan in Serie A this season. After 30 shots last season with Genoa in the competition, he had already netted nine goals.

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
130540 messaggi

Home

image.jpeg

JUVENTUS - MILAN

12th Matchday   

Allianz Stadium - Turin

Probable line-ups: Juventus v Milan

Afbeeldingsresultaat voor juventus vs milan 2019-2020

https://www.football-italia.net/146275/probable-line-ups-juventus-v-milan

Nov 10, 2019

There are several different options for both Juventus and Milan going into tonight’s game, with fitness concerns on one side and tactical changes on the other.

It kicks off in Turin at 19.45 GMT, click here for a match preview.

The Bianconeri need a victory to recapture the top spot after Inter beat Verona 2-1 on Saturday.

Giorgio Chiellini is the only absentee now, along with birthday boy third choice goalkeeper Mattia Perin, but there are some doubts.

Maurizio Sarri said he wants late fitness tests on both Matthijs de Ligt – who missed the midweek 2-1 win at Lokomotiv Moscow with a sprained ankle – and Cristiano Ronaldo.

CR7 was substituted in that Champions League match because he has a slight knee issue, which is in turn leading him to adjust his posture to overcompensate, putting extra pressure on the thigh muscles.

It’s very unlikely Sarri will rest Ronaldo for this game, so ex-Milan striker Gonzalo Higuain is the favourite to be his partner rather than Paulo Dybala.

Federico Bernardeschi should return in the trequartista role, picked ahead of Douglas Costa, with Aaron Ramsey either in a midfield spot or on the bench.

Milan are without Mateo Musacchio, Samu Castillejo and Fabio Borini, while Franck Kessie was left at home despite not being injured, as his attitude and general fitness levels have not impressed coach Stefano Pioli.

Although he did test out a 3-4-2-1 formation in training, it’s widely reported Pioli will stick with the 4-3-3 shape in Turin, a stadium where Milan have lost their last eight visits.

Andrea Conti is tipped for right-back rather than Davide Calabria, as Leo Duarte takes over in the centre of defence.

Ismael Bennacer and Rade Krunic should again form the midfield with either Lucas Paqueta or Lucas Biglia.

Suso returns from his hip injury to complete the trident with Hakan Calhanoglu and Krzysztof Piatek, as Rafael Leao and Ante Rebic have not shown the right attitude when coming off the bench in recent outings.

Probable line-ups

Juventus: Szczesny; Cuadrado, Bonucci, De Ligt, Alex Sandro; Bentancur, Pjanic, Matuidi; Bernardeschi; Higuain, Cristiano Ronaldo

Milan: G Donnarumma; Conti, Duarte, Romagnoli, Theo Hernandez; Paqueta, Bennacer, Krunic; Suso, Piatek, Calhanoglu

Ref: Maresca

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
130540 messaggi

Home

image.jpeg

JUVENTUS - MILAN

12th Matchday   

Allianz Stadium - Turin

Line-ups: Juventus v Milan

Immagine

https://www.football-italia.net/146297/line-ups-juventus-v-milan

Nov 10, 2019

Cristiano Ronaldo and Matthijs de Ligt start for Juventus, as Gonzalo Higuain faces his old club Milan, who welcome back Suso.

It kicks off in Turin at 19.45 GMT, you can follow all the build-up and action as it happens on the LIVEBLOG.

The Bianconeri need a victory to recapture the Serie A leadership after Inter beat Verona 2-1 on Saturday.

Only Giorgio Chiellini remains as the long-term absentee, because Ronaldo picked up a muscular issue during the 2-1 Champions League win at Lokomotiv Moscow and De Ligt missed that trip entirely due to a sprained ankle.

Both are passed fit to start here this evening, with Higuain facing the club where he spent six less than impressive months on loan last year.

Federico Bernardeschi returns to the starting XI in the trequartista role and Juan Cuadrado is back after he missed Moscow through suspension.

Milan are without Mateo Musacchio, Samu Castillejo and Fabio Borini, while Franck Kessie was left behind due to a poor attitude and form.

Stefano Pioli had tested a 3-4-2-1 formation in training, but sticks to the 4-3-3 today with Andrea Conti rather than Davide Calabria at right-back, while Leo Duarte replaces Musacchio in central defence.

Ismael Bennacer and Rade Krunic again take the midfield reins with Lucas Paqueta.

Suso is back after his hip issue, completing the trident with Krzysztof Piatek and Hakan Calhanoglu.

The last time Milan beat Juventus in Turin in the league was back in 2011, when Gennaro Gattuso scored the only goal.

Juventus: Szczesny; Cuadrado, Bonucci, De Ligt, Alex Sandro; Bentancur, Pjanic, Matuidi; Bernardeschi; Higuain, Cristiano Ronaldo

Juventus bench: Pinsoglio, Buffon, De Sciglio, Khedira, Ramsey, Dybala, Douglas Costa, Danilo, Emre Can, Rugani, Rabiot, Demiral

Milan: G Donnarumma; Conti, Duarte, Romagnoli, Theo Hernandez; Paqueta, Bennacer, Krunic; Suso, Piatek, Calhanoglu

Milan bench: Reina, A Donnarumma, Calabria, Bonaventura, Leao, Rebic, Biglia, Caldara, Gabbia, Rodriguez

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
130540 messaggi

Home

image.jpeg

JUVENTUS - MILAN

105px-Juventus_FC_2017_logo.png     1-0     4004.png

Paulo Dybala 77'

12th Matchday   

Allianz Stadium - Turin

Dybala magic ruins Milan's night

Immagine

https://www.football-italia.net/SerieA/match/142479

Nov 10, 2019

Milan had the better chances for most of the game in Turin, but Paulo Dybala gave Juventus victory with a moment of magic after replacing Cristiano Ronaldo.

The Bianconeri had Ronaldo and Matthijs de Ligt pass fitness tests, as only Giorgio Chiellini was a long-term absentee, but needed a win to recapture the top spot after Inter’s win on Saturday. Stefano Pioli’s men missed Mateo Musacchio, Samu Castillejo and Fabio Borini, but Suso returned after a hip issue.

The last time Milan beat Juventus in Turin in the league was back in 2011, when Gennaro Gattuso scored the only goal, followed by nine consecutive Serie A defeats.

Gigio Donnarumma made the first save of the match on 14 minutes, using his legs to parry from former teammate Gonzalo Higuain at the near post.

At the other end, Krzysztof Piatek had a free header and couldn’t keep it on target in quite a bad miss. However, Wojciech Szczesny was called into a spectacular fingertip save, as Andrea Conti pulled back for Lucas Paqueta’s looping header, acrobatically pushed out of the top corner.

Federico Bernardeschi cut inside from the right to curl a left-footed finish just over, but again Szczesny had to make a save, getting down to beat away a Theo Hernandez thunderbolt from distance.

On the stroke of half-time, his gloves were stung at the near post by Piatek from a tight angle. Ismael Bennacer was booked and will be suspended for the next match with Napoli.

Blaise Matuidi curled just wide of the far post after a good passing move, but Ronaldo was again visibly struggling with that recurring knee injury and made way for Paulo Dybala, although the Portuguese did not seem happy and went straight to the dressing room.

Another well-worked Juventus move with substitute Douglas Costa was fired off target by Matuidi, while Szczesny parried a Hakan Calhanoglu free kick.

The deadlock was finally broken with a moment of class involving two Juventus substitutes. Douglas Costa started the move, Dybala combined with Higuain on the edge of the box, then La Joya skipped past Alessio Romagnoli to place a right-foot snooker shot into the far bottom corner.

Calhanoglu tested Szczesny from outside the area several times, but Higuain wasted a golden opportunity to seal it by blasting over and with the last move of the game, Donnarumma palmed over from another Dybala mazy run.

Juventus: Szczesny; Cuadrado, Bonucci, De Ligt, Alex Sandro; Bentancur, Pjanic, Matuidi (Rabiot 70); Bernardeschi (Douglas Costa 61); Higuain, Cristiano Ronaldo (Dybala 55)

Milan: G Donnarumma; Conti, Duarte, Romagnoli, Theo Hernandez; Paqueta (Rebic 85), Bennacer, Krunic (Bonaventura 61); Suso, Piatek (Leao 66), Calhanoglu

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
130540 messaggi

Home

image.jpeg

JUVENTUS - MILAN

105px-Juventus_FC_2017_logo.png     1-0     4004.png

Paulo Dybala 77'

12th Matchday   

Allianz Stadium - Turin

Dybala: 'Nobody expects my right foot'

d8ce9f4885cfe387f6a0b8b117a029d4-10056-1

https://www.football-italia.net/146310/dybala-nobody-expects-my-right-foot

Nov 10, 2019

Paulo Dybala concedes it was not the best Juventus performance, but he relished his goal to beat Milan. “Nobody expects me to score with my right foot!”

La Joya came off the bench and dribbled past Alessio Romagnoli to score the winner after a give-and-go with Gonzalo Higuain.

“I think it was important for everyone to win, regardless of who scored. It wasn’t our best performance, but we have to win by any means for our primary objective, which is the Scudetto,” the Argentine told Sky Sport Italia.

“Milan have not started well this season, but they are still Milan. It’s a great team with quality players who can cause problems and Szczesny did really well today.

“Nobody expects me to score with my right foot! That’s where the ball landed and I had to take it with my right, fortunately it went well.

“It might look now as if either Inter or Juventus will win the Scudetto, but there’s a long way to go yet.”

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
Ospite
Questa discussione è chiusa.
Accedi per seguire   

• Chi sta navigando   0 utenti

Nessun utente registrato visualizza questa pagina.

• Crea Nuovo...