Vai al contenuto
Accedi per seguire   
Socrates

JUVENTUS SEASON 2019-2020

130732 messaggi

Home

Afbeeldingsresultaat voor coppa italia 2019-2020

JUVENTUS - UDINESE     ..........

105px-Juventus_FC_2017_logo.png....     ..... udinese-128x128.png                 

..       Coppa Italia - Round of 16               

Wednesday, january 15th 2020 - 8:45 p.m. CET 

7.45 p.m. UK time - 6.45 p.m. GMT

Allianz Stadium - Turin
Referee: Gianluca Aureliano

Coppa line-ups: Juventus-Udinese

Immagine

https://www.football-italia.net/148784/coppa-line-ups-juventus-udinese

Jan 15, 2020

Juventus have Gigi Buffon in goal, Douglas Costa as a trequartista and Matthijs de Ligt in defence, but Cristiano Ronaldo is out ill against Udinese in the Coppa Italia.

It kicks off at 19.45 GMT and the winners go on to face either Roma or Parma in the Quarter-Final on January 22.

Cristiano Ronaldo will not even be on the bench this evening, as a statement from Juve confirmed he had a bout of sinusitis today.

Gianluigi Buffon takes the gloves from Wojciech Szczesny, with Daniele Rugani and Matthijs de Ligt given their first start together after Merih Demiral’s season-ending injury.

Rodrigo Bentancur is available, as his ban only applies to Serie A, so the Uruguay international is given the nod in midfield with Adrien Rabiot and Federico Bernardeschi.

Sami Khedira, Demiral and Giorgio Chiellini are still out injured, but Douglas Costa is given a new role as a trequartista behind Paulo Dybala and Gonzalo Higuain.

Udinese are finding their form under caretaker manager Luca Gotti, fresh from a 3-0 Serie A victory over Sassuolo.

The Friulani reached the Round of 16 by beating Sudtirol 3-1 and Bologna 4-0.

Ilija Nestorovski partners Lukasz Teodorczyk in a powerful front two, with Antonin Barak, Walace and Mato Jajalo pulling the midfield strings.

Juventus: Buffon; Danilo, De Ligt, Rugani, Alex Sandro; Bentancur, Rabiot, Bernardeschi; Douglas Costa; Higuain, Dybala

Juventus bench: Szczesny, Pinsoglio, Pjanic, Ramsey, Matuidi, Cuadrado, Bonucci, Pjaca, Emre Can, Coccolo

Udinese: Nicolas; Opoku, De Maio, Nuytinck; Ter-Avest, Barak, Jajalo, Walace, Sema; Nestorovski, Teodorczyk

Udinese bench: Musso, Perisan, Troost-Ekong, Fofana, Okaka, De Paul, Lasagna, Stryger-Larsen, Mandragora, Becao

Ref: Aureliano

Condividi questo messaggio

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
130732 messaggi

Home

105px-Juventus_FC_2017_logo.png....     ..... udinese-128x128.png                 

Allianz Stadium - Turin

HT 2-0: Dybala and Higuain duet for Juve

Immagine

https://www.football-italia.net/148792/ht-dybala-and-higuain-duet-juve

Jan 15, 2020

Paulo Dybala created one for Gonzalo Higuain with an extraordinary passing routine, then converted a penalty as Juventus lead Udinese 2-0 in the Coppa Italia.

The winners go on to face either Roma or Parma in the Quarter-Final on January 22.

The Bianconeri made eight changes from their weekend victory over Cagliari, as Cristiano Ronaldo was suffering from a bout of sinusitis, Merih Demiral was ruled out for six to seven months by a knee injury, so Matthijs de Ligt and Daniele Rugani returned with Douglas Costa as a trequartista. Rodrigo Bentancur was available, as his ban only applies to Serie A.

Nicolas Opoku made a decisive sliding tackle on Gonzalo Higuain, who had been sent clear by Paulo Dybala, then Pipita’s acrobatic volley was off target.

The two Argentines completed a remarkable duet to open the scoring, exchanging three consecutive one-two passes to tear the defence apart, Pipita finishing it off one-on-one with Nicolas.

Federico Bernardeschi went looking for a penalty and got it, as Nicolas came out clumsily to gather an over-hit pass. Dybala added to his assist by converting his spot-kick into the near bottom corner.

It could’ve been 3-0, but a Bentancur scorcher from distance was fingertipped on to the upright by Nicolas.

Juventus 2-0 Udinese (Half-Time)

Higuain 16 (J), Dybala pen 26 (J)

Juventus: Buffon; Danilo, De Ligt, Rugani, Alex Sandro; Bentancur, Rabiot, Bernardeschi; Douglas Costa; Higuain, Dybala

Udinese: Nicolas; Opoku, De Maio, Nuytinck; Ter-Avest, Barak, Jajalo, Walace, Sema; Nestorovski, Teodorczyk

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
130732 messaggi

Home

105px-Juventus_FC_2017_logo.png       4-0....     .udinese-128x128.png                 

Gonzalo Higuaín 16'

Paulo Dybala 26' (penalty)

Paulo Dybala 57'

Douglas Costa 61' (penalty)

Allianz Stadium - Turin

Italian Cup: Dybala dances around Udinese

Immagine

https://www.football-italia.net/148792/coppa-dybala-dances-around-udinese

Jan 15, 2020

Paulo Dybala lit up Juventus with a brace and an assist for Gonzalo Higuain, while Douglas Costa converted a penalty to smash Udinese 4-0 in the Coppa Italia.

Maurizio Sarri’s men go on to face either Roma or Parma in the Quarter-Final on January 22.

The Bianconeri made eight changes from their weekend victory over Cagliari, as Cristiano Ronaldo was suffering from a bout of sinusitis, Merih Demiral was ruled out for six to seven months by a knee injury, so Matthijs de Ligt and Daniele Rugani returned with Douglas Costa as a trequartista. Rodrigo Bentancur was available, as his ban only applies to Serie A.

Nicolas Opoku made a decisive sliding tackle on Gonzalo Higuain, who had been sent clear by Paulo Dybala, then Pipita’s acrobatic volley was off target.

The two Argentines completed a remarkable duet to open the scoring, exchanging three consecutive one-two passes to tear the defence apart, Pipita finishing it off one-on-one with Nicolas.

Federico Bernardeschi went looking for a penalty and got it, as Nicolas came out clumsily to gather an over-hit pass. Dybala added to his assist by converting his spot-kick into the near bottom corner.

It could’ve been 3-0, but a Bentancur scorcher from distance was fingertipped on to the upright by Nicolas.

Juve thought they had got a third on 55 minutes. A first shot was charged down, turned into an accidental assist for De Ligt to test Nicolas, then Higuain was marginally offside to tap in the rebound.

It was a mere warning, as moments later Dybala – on a Higuain assist – curled a stunner into the far top corner from just inside the box with his wand of a left boot.

Juve were then awarded a penalty for Bram Nuytinck’s handball, as it bounced off his chest first, but his hand was raised. Douglas Costa converted to get on the scoresheet, as Dybala left it to the Brazilian, knowing he was about to be substituted.

Higuain and Dybala combined again to force a save from Nicolas, while Marko Pjaca made his first appearance of the season. Rugani should’ve made it 5-0, his header from a Bernardeschi free kick bouncing off the upright.

Juventus 4-0 Udinese

Higuain 16 (J), Dybala pen 26, 57 (J), Douglas Costa pen 61 (J)

Juventus: Buffon; Danilo, De Ligt, Rugani, Alex Sandro; Bentancur, Rabiot (Ramsey 70), Bernardeschi; Douglas Costa (Cuadrado 63); Higuain, Dybala (Pjaca 75)

Udinese: Nicolas; Opoku, De Maio, Nuytinck; Ter-Avest, Barak, Jajalo, Walace (Fofana 76), Sema (Stryger-Larsen 62); Nestorovski, Teodorczyk (Lasagna 46)

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
130732 messaggi

Home

105px-Juventus_FC_2017_logo.png       4-0....     .udinese-128x128.png                 

Gonzalo Higuaín 16'

Paulo Dybala 57'

Allianz Stadium - Turin

Higuain: 'A pleasure with Dybala'

220401542-b897634b-14cd-4368-bec5-3574f4

https://www.football-italia.net/148794/higuain-pleasure-dybala

Jan 15, 2020

Gonzalo Higuain is relishing his Juventus partnership with Paulo Dybala after their wondergoal against Udinese. “It’s always a pleasure to play with great talents.”

The pair of Argentine strikers completed a triple give-and-go in the build-up to their opening goal in this evening’s 4-0 Coppa Italia victory.

“It was an important game, because the Coppa Italia is a trophy that we want to win, both the players and the club,” Pipita told Rai Sport.

“I get along well with Dybala, it’s always a pleasure to play with great talents by my side. The whole team played well today and we’ve got to keep this momentum going on Sunday with Parma.

“We must do our best for Juve and hopefully help the team to win.”

Higuain was asked about reports from Sky Sport Germany that Paul Pogba could return to Juventus from Manchester United.

“Great players are always welcome, it’s up to the club to choose.”

Strike partner goals!

Gonzalo Higuain and Paulo Dybala exchange THREE consecutive one-twos before the senior Argentine slots home for Juventus!

What a goal!

Embedded video

W

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
130732 messaggi

Home

105px-Juventus_FC_2017_logo.png       4-0....     .udinese-128x128.png                 

Gonzalo Higuaín 16'

Paulo Dybala 57'

Allianz Stadium - Turin

Sarri: 'Goal of rare beauty'

224233296-57459dfb-9d0a-4408-bce9-6a9141

https://www.football-italia.net/148797/sarri-goal-rare-beauty

Jan 15, 2020

Maurizio Sarri said the Gonzalo Higuain duet with Paulo Dybala was “worth the ticket price, a goal of rare beauty” for Juventus, but won’t call it Sarriball.

The Bianconeri swept Udinese aside 4-0 this evening to set up a Coppa Italia Quarter-Final against either Roma or Parma.

“It’s always a bit unsure going into one-off knockout games, but we played very well for long periods of the match,” the coach told Rai Sport.

Cristiano Ronaldo was not even at the stadium after suffering from sinusitis, so Douglas Costa acted as trequartista behind Dybala and Higuain, who combined beautifully for the opening goal.

“Ronaldo had sinusitis for two days, he felt a bit better this morning, but then following the afternoon rest he started to get shivers and a temperature. On such a cold night in Turin, the doctors said it was not worth the risk, so we sent him to bed.

“That was a goal of rare beauty, to see three or four exchanges like that at high speed. It was worth the price of the ticket,” smiled Sarri.

He was asked if this was a sign of Sarriball, or in the Italian version Sarrismo, at Juventus.

“You invented Sarrismo, it’s not a term I created. This Juve is not and should not be Sarri’s Juve. It is the team of Cristiano Ronaldo, Dybala, Higuain, all important players who have brought success to every coach they worked with. I am trying to give some small contribution, but we must respect the characteristics of world class players.

“I love to see goals like that with fast passing, but they can only work with players of great technical quality. This team has that. I am happy with how we are working, but this squad has such potential that it could do more. Let’s just say we are getting results now with performances that bode well for an even better future.

“I would like to help Ronaldo win a sixth Ballon d’Or, as seeing someone out there with one more than him is a little annoying… In future, Dybala can challenge for the same objective, as he can make his mark on world football for years to come.”

Even in the Coppa Italia, Emre Can still didn’t get playing time, so is he on the market?

“I don’t know about the transfer market and I am not interested. I had only one substitution left and wanted to introduce Marko Pjaca, as he’d been waiting a long time to make his comeback and needed the confidence boost.”

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
130732 messaggi

image.jpeg

JUVENTUS - PARMA     ..........

105px-Juventus_FC_2017_logo.png                 logoparmacalcio-128x128.png  

20th Matchday   

Sunday, january 19th 2020 - 8:45 p.m. CET 

Allianz Stadium - Turin
Referee: Marco Di Bello

Sarri talks Kulusevski, Emre Can's future and Dybala-CR7 partnership before Parma match

Afbeeldingsresultaat voor sarri pre juventus parma

https://www.calciomercato.com/en/news/sarri-talks-kulusevski-emre-can-s-future-and-dybala-cr7-partners-12617

Jan 18, 2020

Serie A is back in action and the winter champions Juventus will face Parma tomorrow at the Allianz Stadium. The Bianconeri will look to continue the title race with Inter Milan successfully. Coach Maurizio Sarri spoke to the press in his regular pre-match conference at Continassa about the match, his players and much more.

"Before speaking, I would like to take a moment to remember Anastasi [died yesterday], he was a very important player for this club and for Italian football. It is right to remember this great player and who knew him also says he was a great man," he said.

"De Ligt three games in a row? I think he can do it, he comes from a period of rest and has recovered. Let's see how he does in today's training. Bonucci has rested, Rugani proved to be ready. There are no problems."

The former Chelsea and Napoli coach went on to speak about the partnership between Gonzalo Higuain, Paulo Dybala and Cristiano Ronaldo as well as Juventus' new player Dejan Kulusevski who, however, will be on the other side of the barricade tomorrow, as he will be on loan at Parma until the end of the season.

"The trident? Let's see how they are today, especially the two who played on Wednesday. Sometimes at Chelsea, Hazard was also the central forward. It depended on what type of balance we can find. The difficulty in making them play together is only that Higuain has a very specific role, the other two are of an extraordinary level who do not have a precise position on the pitch.

"Kulusevski? You have to ask Paratici if he can come to Juve immediately but from what he said, I think not. I hope not to see him tomorrow and that our players stop him."

Sarri also analyzed Parma and their weaknesses ahead of tomorrow's encounters and discussed some of his individuals, like Douglas Costa and Rabiot. He also once again addressed the qualities of Dybala and Ronaldo and spoke about the situation of Emre Can.

"Parma don't have weak points. At defensive levels they are solid. They also have very physical players and players who give substance to the midfield. They have excellent attackers like Inglese, Kulusevski, Gervinho. They deserve the ranking they have.

"Dybala? It seems to be that he does the best things with everyone, he is doing very well with all the solutions. With Dybala and Ronaldo we have less reference in the middle. I consider it a false myth that they have difficulty playing together. Ronaldo has scored with both Higuain and Dybala. It doesn't seem to me that there is a problem.

"Emre Can relaunching himself? I don't know, I don't have foreclosures. I look at the form, the type of football I want to play and then I choose. There are no foreclosures. Relaunching is always possible.

"Rabiot in difficulty? Only in acclimatization but it is normal. He has found health and confidence and his performances are improving. He is much more important in the defensive and tactical phase. If he continues like this I would not be surprised if he was called up for the national team.

"Douglas Costa? I don't know, he only took part in a part of the training session yesterday. He comes from a period of inactivity, he never had great continuity in training. Today we will understand the situation better.

Finally, Sarri talked about Inter Milan and their transfer market as well as the race for the Serie A title with the Nerazzurri and the March showdown between the two teams at the Allianz Stadium.

"Fear of Inter? That's a big word. We are talking about sport. I don't follow our market, let alone that of Inter. I don't care. We have the firm conviction of being protagonists, we must think of ourselves and give 100% that we have, which we haven't always done but the latest signs are positive.

"Juve-Inter? For me, Juve-Roma is already for away in time. Now I think only of Parma. You have to think game after game, I don't think about the standings. You have to have the head to face Parma in the right way. A month and a half in football is life, anything can happen," Sarri concluded.

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
130732 messaggi

Home

image.jpeg

20th Matchday   

Allianz Stadium - Turin

Line-ups: Juventus v Parma

Immagine

https://www.football-italia.net/148968/line-ups-juventus-v-parma

Jan 19, 2020

Juventus use Aaron Ramsey with Cristiano Ronaldo and Paulo Dybala, hosting Dejan Kulusevski’s Parma in a bid to go four points clear.

It kicks off in Turin at 19.45 GMT.

The Bianconeri have a huge opportunity to extend their lead at the top of the table, because Inter were held to a 1-1 draw by Lecce this afternoon, their second stalemate in a row.

Rodrigo Bentancur is still suspended after his Supercoppa Italiana dismissal, with Merih Demiral, Mattia De Sciglio, Giorgio Chiellini and Sami Khedira injured.

As Parma are not a team who particularly care about possession and try instead to clam up to go on the counter, it was believed Maurizio Sarri would revive the all-star trident attack of Ronaldo, Dybala and Gonzalo Higuain.

CR7 was rested for the midweek 4-0 Coppa Italia victory over Udinese as he had sinusitis, but Dybala and Higuain combined to score a sensational goal that went viral all over the world.

Instead, it’s Higuain who sits on the bench and Aaron Ramsey as the trequartista.

Cristiano Ronaldo has found the net in eight out of nine Serie A home games this season, more than any other player in Europe’s top five leagues.

Matthijs de Ligt is also back alongside Leonardo Bonucci after losing his place to Demiral for over a month.

Parma are very motivated too, as they reached the half-way stage of the season in seventh place, well in the rush for European qualification.

Gervinho has joined Alberto Grassi and Yann Karamoh on the injury list, so Roberto Inglese is flanked by Juraj Kucka and Kulusevski.

It’s a special game for Kulusevski, who has already been sold to Juventus for €35m plus up to €9m in bonuses by Atalanta, but remains on loan at Parma for the rest of the season.

Juventus will wear black armbands for Pietro Anastasi and a video will be played before kick-off marking the death of the two-times Scudetto winner and Serie A Capocannoniere.

Juventus: Szczesny; Cuadrado, Bonucci, De Ligt, Alex Sandro; Rabiot, Pjanic, Matuidi; Ramsey; Dybala, Ronaldo

Juventus bench: Buffon, Pinsoglio, Danilo, Rugani, Coccolo, Emre Can, Douglas Costa, Pjaca, Higuain, Bernardeschi

Parma: Sepe; Darmian, Iacoponi, Bruno Alves, Gagliolo; Scozzarella, Hernani, Kurtic; Kucka, Inglese, Kulusevski

Parma bench: Colombi, Alastra, Dermaku, Cornelius, Brugman, Laurini, Barillà, Siligardi, Sprocati, Pezzella

Ref: Di Bello

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
130732 messaggi

Home

image.jpeg

20th Matchday   

Allianz Stadium - Turin

HT 1-0: Ronaldo breaks down Parma

Immagine

https://www.football-italia.net/148977/ht-ronaldo-breaks-down-parma

Jan 19, 2020

Cristiano Ronaldo’s deflected strike – his seventh Serie A game in a row on target – has given Juventus the half-time lead over Parma, with two forced substitutions already.

Inter drew 1-1 at Lecce this afternoon, so Juve had the chance to go four points clear at the top of the table. Rodrigo Bentancur was still suspended, with Merih Demiral, Giorgio Chiellini, Mattia De Sciglio and Sami Khedira injured. Cristiano Ronaldo missed the midweek Coppa Italia win over Udinese with sinusitis, but returned to partner Paulo Dybala. Parma had the chance to go into sixth place, but Gervinho, Alberto Grassi and Yann Karamoh didn’t make the trip.

This was a special game for Dejan Kulusevski, who signed for Juventus this month from Atalanta, but remains on loan at Parma for the rest of the season.

Juve were forced into an early change, as Alex Sandro went off with an injury to make way for Danilo, shifting Juan Cuadrado over to left-back.

Ronaldo tested Luigi Sepe with a fierce shot at the near post, then nodded over from the resulting corner.

Roberto Inglese was unlucky, as he fell heavily on to his back after a mid-air collision with Matthijs de Ligt and had to be practically carried off the pitch.

While Andreas Cornelius was preparing to come on, Juventus opened the scoring. Ronaldo had been trying this move all night, cut inside from the left and shoot with the right foot, but this time it took a big deflection off Matteo Darmian to wrong-foot Sepe at the near post. This represented the seventh consecutive Serie A game on target for CR7.

It should’ve been 2-0 in first half stoppages, but Aaron Ramsey only clipped the upright from 12 yards after a good Ronaldo run.

Juventus 1-0 Parma (Half-Time)

Ronaldo 43 (J)

Juventus: Szczesny; Cuadrado, Bonucci, De Ligt, Alex Sandro (Danilo 21); Rabiot, Pjanic, Matuidi; Ramsey; Dybala, Ronaldo

Parma: Sepe; Darmian, Iacoponi, Bruno Alves, Gagliolo; Scozzarella, Hernani, Kurtic; Kucka, Inglese (Cornelius 44), Kulusevski

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
130732 messaggi

Home

image.jpeg

105px-Juventus_FC_2017_logo.png       2-1         logoparmacalcio-128x128.png  

Cristiano Ronaldo 43'

Andreas Cornelius 55'

Cristiano Ronaldo 58'

20th Matchday   

Allianz Stadium - Turin

Ronaldo brace breaks Parma

Immagine

https://www.football-italia.net/SerieA/match/142561

Jan 19, 2020

Cristiano Ronaldo scored his 11th goals in seven Serie A games, as Juventus just about pushed past Parma 2-1 and broke four points clear at the top.

Inter drew 1-1 at Lecce this afternoon, so this was a big opportunity for Maurizio Sarri’s men. Rodrigo Bentancur was still suspended, with Merih Demiral, Giorgio Chiellini, Mattia De Sciglio and Sami Khedira injured. Cristiano Ronaldo missed the midweek Coppa Italia win over Udinese with sinusitis, but returned to partner Paulo Dybala. Parma had the chance to go into sixth place, but Gervinho, Alberto Grassi and Yann Karamoh didn’t make the trip.

This was a special game for Dejan Kulusevski, who signed for Juventus this month from Atalanta, but remains on loan at Parma for the rest of the season.

Juve were forced into an early change, as Alex Sandro went off with an injury to make way for Danilo, shifting Juan Cuadrado over to left-back.

Ronaldo tested Luigi Sepe with a fierce shot at the near post, then nodded over from the resulting corner.

Roberto Inglese was unlucky, as he fell heavily on to his back after a mid-air collision with Matthijs de Ligt and had to be practically carried off the pitch.

While Andreas Cornelius was preparing to come on, Juventus opened the scoring. Ronaldo had been trying this move all night, cut inside from the left and shoot with the right foot, but this time it took a big deflection off Matteo Darmian to wrong-foot Sepe at the near post. This represented the seventh consecutive Serie A game on target for CR7.

It should’ve been 2-0 in first half stoppages, but Aaron Ramsey only clipped the upright from 12 yards after a good Ronaldo run.

Sepe managed to get his hand to a Danilo snapshot, palming it on to the base of the far post on 51 minutes.

However, Parma managed to get an equaliser, as Cornelius confirmed his status as the ultimate Serie A supersub. Once again, he got a goal off the bench, a soaring and glancing header on a corner into the far top corner.

The situation did not last long, because moments later Ronaldo restored the Juventus lead. Dybala provided the assist, rolling it across from the right so that CR7 simply had to continue his run to prod in from six yards. That took his tally to 11 goals in the last seven games.

Gonzalo Higuain came off the bench and scuffed a finish just wide, while Szczesny got down to smother a Hernani daisy-cutter and flew to parry a Jasmin Kurtic scorcher.

Parma continued to push in the final stages, De Ligt with a decisive block to turn Sprocati’s shot wide on the Kulusevski’s assist from 12 yards.

Luca Siligardi and Ronaldo again forced saves in the final minutes, the Portuguese star’s header also just over when Sepe failed to cut out a corner, while De Ligt made a crucial block on Cornelius.

Juventus: Szczesny; Cuadrado, Bonucci, De Ligt, Alex Sandro (Danilo 21); Rabiot, Pjanic, Matuidi; Ramsey (Higuain 59); Dybala (Douglas Costa 80), Ronaldo

Parma: Sepe; Darmian, Iacoponi, Bruno Alves, Gagliolo; Scozzarella (Sprocati 66), Hernani, Kurtic; Kucka, Inglese (Cornelius 44), Kulusevski (Siligardi 88)

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
130732 messaggi

Home

image.jpeg

105px-Juventus_FC_2017_logo.png       2-1         logoparmacalcio-128x128.png  

Cristiano Ronaldo 43'

Andreas Cornelius 55'

Cristiano Ronaldo 58'

20th Matchday   

Allianz Stadium - Turin

Ronaldo: 'Parma tough to beat'

223203315-33c78979-165f-4787-9093-ff4e27

https://www.football-italia.net/148978/ronaldo-parma-tough-beat

Jan 19, 2020

Cristiano Ronaldo admits Parma “are very organised and tough to beat,” but relished his brace to send Juventus clear at the top.

The Portugal international has now scored in each of his last seven Serie A appearances for a total 11 goals during that period, adding a brace this evening.

“It was important that we win. We knew Inter drew and Lazio won, so it was important to build an advantage. It was tough, Parma are very organised and difficult to beat, but we fought hard and got the victory,” Ronaldo told Sky Sport Italia after a 2-1 win.

“Parma were pushing forward in the final stages, getting bodies into the box and we were struggling to clear our lines for a while. It can happen, we got a little tense, but the important thing is that we picked up the points.”

It took him up to 432 goals in Europe’s top five leagues, which for a few minutes was equal to Lionel Messi’s career tally, until La Pulga scored a late Barcelona winner.

Above all, the result takes Juve four points clear of Inter at the top of the table.

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
130732 messaggi

Home

image.jpeg

105px-Juventus_FC_2017_logo.png       2-1         logoparmacalcio-128x128.png  

Cristiano Ronaldo 43'

Andreas Cornelius 55'

Cristiano Ronaldo 58'

20th Matchday   

Allianz Stadium - Turin

Sarri: 'Juve mustn't defend deep'

Afbeeldingsresultaat voor juventus parma sarri

https://www.football-italia.net/148980/sarri-juve-mustnt-defend-deep

Jan 19, 2020

Maurizio Sarri was not happy at Parma keeping Juventus under pressure. “I prefer to concede on the counter than spend 10-15 minutes in our own half.”

The Bianconeri are now four points clear at the top of the table – although Lazio have a game in hand – after Inter were held by back-to-back draws by Atalanta and Lecce.

Ronaldo scored either side of an Andreas Cornelius header, taking his tally to 11 goals in his last seven Serie A games.

“There were some hiccups along the way, but in general we were doing well this season. We had the chances to close the game today and didn’t take them, so naturally Parma started to cause us problems towards the end because it was still open,” Sarri told Sky Sport Italia.

Aaron Ramsey started in the trequartista role, while Gonzalo Higuain came off the bench to briefly use the all-star trident, until Paulo Dybala made way for Douglas Costa.

“I saw players who were tired after the Coppa on Wednesday and had to change things. I wanted to send a signal to my team and balance things out again with Douglas Costa, because it was still open.

“Adrien Rabiot and Ramsey arrived from very different leagues, had a lot of fitness problems in these first few months and haven’t been training as much as they wanted to, but both lads are improving as the season goes on.

“We can improve in the way we read the game, especially in the final stages, as I do not like us passing it around in our own half. As I tell my players, I’d prefer to concede on the counter rather than sit there under pressure for 10-15 minutes. If we have the chance to close the game, we have to take it.”

Andreas Cornelius scored a temporary equaliser with his header from a corner.

“We had improved on defending from set plays, but tonight we conceded against one of the specialists in this scenario. It’s about staying alert and making the interception before the ball gets there.”

Ronaldo has scored 11 goals in the last seven Serie A games, so Sarri was asked about being a coach with someone so decisive in the squad.

“You have a world class player who might cause you a few problems every now and then, but can also resolve 100 of them. So you have to take him into account and work around his characteristics.”

Juventus are now on 51 points, followed by Inter on 47 and Lazio 45, but the Biancocelesti have a game in hand and are currently on a run of 11 consecutive Serie A victories.

Sarri was asked who he saw as more dangerous out of Inter and Lazio?

“Lazio are in such spectacular form right now, that we can only hope it doesn’t last!”

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
130732 messaggi

Home

JUVENTUS - ROMA       ..........

105px-Juventus_FC_2017_logo.png                             roma-128x128.png

..       Coppa Italia - Quarter Final               

Wednesday, january 22nd 2020 - 8:45 p.m. CET 

Allianz Stadium - Turin
Referee: Gianluca Rocchi

Sarri: 'Roma are better away'

Afbeeldingsresultaat voor sarri conferenza pre juventus-roma coppa italia

https://www.football-italia.net/149058/sarri-roma-are-better-away

Jan 21, 2020

Juventus coach Maurizio Sarri pointed out Roma’s away form and has revealed that he might rest Cristiano Ronaldo in the Coppa Italia. “I haven’t decided”.

Roma visit Allianz Stadium and have a poor record away to Juventus, but the coach takes nothing for granted against a “strong” Giallorossi.

That said, he admitted that Ronaldo could get some rest, but only if he didn’t feel up for the task.

“We will evaluate Cristiano,” Sarri said at a press conference. “If he is well, he can play three games in a week. I don’t see it as a problem. The important thing is that he feels like he’s able to do it.

“Last Wednesday, we got him ready, let’s see for tomorrow.”

The League match at the Olimpico ended in a 2-1 win against the Giallorossi, but Sarri has claimed that Roma are even better away this term.

“You only need to look at the results Roma are getting away from home,” Sarri said. “It’s difficult, they’ve claimed more points on the road than at home. They’re a team of a great level and will give us a complicated task.

“If we think we can play the game without suffering, we are far from realistic. They’re a strong team. Tomorrow we will need to have a good game.”

Douglas Costa could start the game for the Old Lady, but the coach is worried about the balance of his team.

“I think so [that Douglas Costa will play]. The important thing is to find order on the pitch,” he said. “We have to stay balanced with so many attacking players.

“He is doing well now. We have avoided certain impacts because he is at risk of injuries at the moment. The extremely positive aspect is that he has found continuity in training.

“We have to invent something. Today, we had a light training. Tomorrow morning we will decide. I haven’t decided anything, neither who plays nor the formation.”

Sarri is not sure if Juan Cuadrado and Alex Sandro can play but reassures that none of the two are seriously injured.

“Cuadrado had fever, and we've kept him in the gym. Alex Sandro has nothing serious, but we need to evaluate. I think it’s possible to recover him.”

But the former Napoli and Chelsea coach remains focused on the next game and doesn’t want to look too far ahead.

“The games are so unpredictable, and you can’t programme it for too many of your players,” he said. “The important game is against Napoli, but we don’t assess five or six players, we can do it with one.”

Roma are without suspended Bosnia international Edin Dzeko and Sarri has admitted that he’s “difficult to replace”.

“It’s difficult to replace him, even if [Nikola] Kalinic is a very good player player.”

Gonzalo Higuain came in off the bench last weekend and could get the nod against Roma.

“He was particularly alive in training today,” Sarri said. “He is an important player. For balance reasons, he plays together with the other two or with one of them. Lately he has been less frequent in the penalty area, but he is a player of an unusual calibre.”

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
130732 messaggi

Allianz Stadium - Turin

JUVENTUS VS AS ROMA PREVIEW: PROBABLE LINEUPS

Juventus will be looking to enter the last four of the Coppa Italia when they lock horns with AS Roma in the quarter-final at the Allianz Stadium this week.

juventus roma formazioni coppa italia

http://www.thehardtackle.com/round-up/2020/01/22/juventus-vs-as-roma-preview-probable-lineups-prediction-tactics-team-news-key-stats-coppa-italia/

Jan 21, 2020

Juventus and AS Roma will face off against each other for the second time in ten days, with a place in the semi-final of the Coppa Italia at stake this time out. The two teams had met each other in the league last week, with the Bianconeri beating the Giallorossi 2-1 at the Stadio Olimpico.

Juventus come into the game on a four-game winning streak, with a 2-1 triumph against Parma being their most recent result while their last cup tie ended in a resounding 4-0 win against Udinese. Having crashed out at the quarter-final stages in the last season, Maurizio Sarri’s men will be keen on avoiding a similar fate this time out and stay in contention for the trophy.

After losing to Juventus, Roma defeated Parma 2-0 in the cup competition, before beating Genoa 3-1 in the league and come into Wednesday’s game high on confidence. They too had exited the Coppa Italia at the quarter-final stage last time out and will be hoping to achieve further progress in the ongoing campaign with a win against the Bianconeri.

Ahead of this heavyweight cup clash at the Allianz Stadium on Wednedsay, we at The Hard Tackle take a closer look at both the teams.

Team News & Tactics

Juventus

Juventus will be without long-term absentees Giorgio Chiellini, Sami Khedira and Merih Demiral for the cup tie while Alex Sandro is a doubt for the fixture after picking up an injury in the last game. Juan Cuadrado trained alone on Tuesday due to a fever, but could be available for selection.

Sarri rotated his troops for the last cup game, although at this stage of the competition, the Italian might look to keep the changes at a minimum on Wednesday. There ought to be an alteration in goal though, with club legend Gigi Buffon coming in for Wojciech Szczesny.

Cuadrado should be fit enough to start on the right side of the defence, while Danilo is likely to replace compatriot Alex Sandro at left-back. Matthijs de Ligt is a certain starter at the centre of the backline, with Daniele Rugani likely to get an opportunity at the expense of Leonardo Bonucci.

Miralem Pjanic ought to feature at the base of the Juventus midfield while Rodrigo Bentancur should get a rare start for the Bianconeri on Wednesday. The third midfield slot will most likely be occupied by Blaise Matuidi once again, with Adrien Rabiot picking up a minor knock in the last game.

Cristiano Ronaldo was benched for the cup game last time out, but could be included in the starting lineup here, with Paulo Dybala and Gonzalo Higuain completing the attacking trident for the hosts, meaning there is unlikely to be a place for Federico Bernardeschi and Douglas Costa.

Probable Lineup (4-3-3): Buffon; Cuadrado, Rugani, de Ligt, Danilo; Bentancur, Pjanic, Matuidi; Dybala, Higuain, Ronaldo

5707368939651072.png

AS Roma

Roma manager Paulo Fonseca will have to make do without key attacker Nicolo Zaniolo, who is ruled out with an ACL injury while Davide Zappacosta also misses out. Star striker Edin Dzeko is suspended for the contest, which will come as a major blow for the Giallorossi.

| SQUAD LIST |

Here are the players available for Wednesday's Coppa Italia quarter-final against Juventus!
#ASRoma #JuveRoma

View image on Twitter

Fonseca fielded his team in a 3-3-3-1 formation in the last cup game, but is likely to revert to 4-2-3-1 against Juventus on Wednesday. Pau Lopez is pretty much certain to start in goal for the visitors, while Alessandro Florenzi and Aleksandr Kolarov are likely to slot in as the full-backs with Gianluca Mancini and Chris Smalling at the centre of the backline.

Amadou Diawara is likely to be retained in one of the two pivot positions in the middle of the park for Roma, with the second spot likely to be taken up by Bryan Cristante, who will be replacing Jordan Veretout. The playmaking responsibilities will fall onto Lorenzo Pellegrini, who scored twice in the last cup tie against Roma.

Cengiz Under and Justin Kluivert are likely to slot in on the flanks and look to cause problems to the Juventus defence with their pace and dribbling abilities. With no Dzeko, Nikola Kalinic should be the man spearheading the Roma attack at the Allianz Stadium.

Probable Lineup (4-2-3-1): Lopez; Florenzi, Mancini, Smalling, Kolarov; Cristante, Diawara; Under, Pellegrini, Kluivert; Kalinic

5741913260949504.png

Key Stats

• Juventus and AS Roma have faced each other 16 times in the cup competition over the years, with both the teams having emerged victorious on seven occasions each (D2).
  • Juventus and Roma are the top two sides with most Coppa Italia trophies. The Bianconeri have won the competition on an unprecedented thirteen occasions, while the Giallorossi have lifted the cup nine times so far.
  • The last time these two teams met in the Coppa Italia was at this stage in 2014, with Roma beating Juventus 1-0 at the Stadio Olimpico.
  • Roma are still yet to win a game at the new home of Juventus, having lost nine games there since 2012. In fact, the last time the Giallorossi won against them in Turin was in 2011, in the Coppa Italia quarter-final.

Player to Watch

Cristiano Ronaldo

In red hot form (Photo by Emilio Andreoli/Getty Images)

The Portuguese maverick did not feature in the last cup game for Juventus, but has been in excellent form in the Serie A of late. In his three league appearances in the new year, Cristiano Ronado has scored six goals, including a hat-trick and a brace in Juventus’ last game against Parma, leading the team from the front.

The 34-year-old has now taken his tally for the season to 18 goals from 24 matches across all competitions, while also chipping in with three assists. With a spot in the semi-final is at stake, Juventus will once again look up to Ronaldo to deliver the goods against Roma, who had scored in the last league meeting against the Giallorossi.

Prediction

Juventus 2-1 AS Roma

Both Juventus and Roma come into the game on the back of impressive wins and will be in a confident mood. However, the Giallorossi don’t boast the best of records in Turin and will be without Edin Dzeko. Add to that, the form that Cristiano Ronaldo has been in of late, Juventus have the advantage and should come out on top and progress in the Coppa Italia.

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
130732 messaggi

Home

Allianz Stadium - Turin

Probable line-ups: Juventus-Roma

Afbeeldingsresultaat voor juventus roma coppa italia

https://www.football-italia.net/149081/probable-line-ups-juventus-roma

Jan 22, 2020

Roma will be without suspended Edin Dzeko when they are searching for their first win at the Allianz Stadium against Juventus in the Coppa Italia.

Maurizio Sarri revealed that Gonzalo Higuain looked lively at the training ground this week and will most likely start the Argentine up front against the Giallorossi tonight.

He conceded that he would evaluate Cristiano Ronaldo, but the Portuguese should play if fit, as Douglas Costa completes the trio in Sarri’s 4-3-3.

If not, he has both Federico Bernardeschi and Paulo Dybala at his service. Daniele Rugani might be partnerinc Leonardo Bonucci ahead of Gianluigi Buffon in goal.

Roma are back in shape after their recent loss to the Old Lady and now they are seeking their revenge and to change the poor trend at the Allianz.

Dzeko will be missing and Nikola Kalinic should get the nod for the away side. He will be the lone striker in Paulo Fonseca’s preferred 4-2-3-1.

He could play ahead of a trio that might consist of Cengiz Under, Justin Kluivert and Lorenzo Pellegrini.

Bryan Cristante and Amadou Diawara should hold the midfield together and sit right above Gianluca Mancini and Chris Smalling.

Juventus (probable): Buffon; Cuadrado, Rugani, Bonucci, Danilo; Bentancur, Pjanic, Matuidi; Douglas Costa, Higuain, Cristiano Ronaldo

Roma (probable): Pau Lopez; Florenzi, Mancini, Smalling, Kolarov; Cristante, Diawara; Under, Pellegrini, Kluivert; Kalinic

Referee: Rocchi

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
130732 messaggi

Allianz Stadium - Turin

Coppa Italia quarter-final squad list

The players available to Maurizio Sarri for tonight's Coppa Italia quarter-final at Allianz Stadium against Roma

Immagine

https://www.juventus.com/en/news/news/2020/juventus-roma-coppa-italia-quarter-final-squad-list.php

Jan 22, 2020

Tonight, Juventus will play Roma at 20:45 CET in the Coppa Italia quarter-finals at Allianz Stadium

Here are the players who will be avaiable to the coach, Maurizio Sarri:

1. Szczesny
4. De Ligt
5. Pjanic
7. Ronaldo
8. Ramsey
10. Dybala
11. Douglas Costa
12. Alex Sandro
13. Danilo
14. Matuidi
16. Cuadrado
19. Bonucci
20. Pjaca
21. Higuain
23. Emre Can
24. Rugani
25. Rabiot
30. Bentancur

31. Pinsoglio
33. Bernardeschi
41. Coccolo

77. Buffon

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
130732 messaggi

Home

Allianz Stadium - Turin

Coppa line-ups: Juventus v Roma

Immagine

https://www.football-italia.net/149109/coppa-line-ups-juventus-v-roma

Jan 22, 2020

Juventus launch Douglas Costa alongside Gonzalo Higuain and Cristiano Ronaldo in the Coppa Italia quarter-final, as Roma are forced to reshuffle again.

It kicks off at the Allianz Juventus Stadium in Turin at 19.45 GMT.

The winner will be decided after 90 minutes or extra time and go on to face either Milan or Torino in the two-legged semi-final.

Maurizio Sarri brings in some different faces, such as Gianluigi Buffon in goal, Daniele Rugani in defence and Rodrigo Bentancur in midfield, while Paulo Dybala is initially rested in favour of Douglas Costa.

Initially, this’ll be part of a 4-3-3 formation, but the Brazilian has been tested as a trequartista behind the strikers too.

Alex Sandro and Juan Cuadrado are not 100 per cent fit, with Mattia De Sciglio, Giorgio Chiellini, Sami Khedira and Merih Demiral injured.

Roma have a decimated squad, because hitman Edin Dzeko sits out a ban, so Nikola Kalinic is the only real option upfront.

Javier Pastore, Federico Fazio, Nicolò Zaniolo, Diego Perotti, Henrikh Mkhitaryan, Mirco Antonucci and Davide Zappacosta are still injured.

It means squad rotation isn’t really possible just days before the Derby della Capitale with arch rivals Lazio in Serie A on Sunday.

Alessandro Florenzi and Aleksandar Kolarov do return, as they were suspended for the Serie A victory away to Genoa.

Juventus: Buffon; Danilo, Rugani, Bonucci, Alex Sandro; Bentancur, Pjanic, Rabiot; Douglas Costa, Higuain, Ronaldo

Roma: Pau Lopez; Florenzi, Mancini, Smalling, Kolarov; Diawara, Cristante; Under, Pellegrini, Kluivert; Kalinic

Ref: Rocchi

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
130732 messaggi

Home

Allianz Stadium - Turin

HT 3-0: Juventus crushing Roma

Immagine

https://www.football-italia.net/149116/ht-juventus-crushing-roma

Jan 22, 2020

Juventus have the 3-0 half-time lead over Roma in the Coppa Italia quarter-final thanks to Cristiano Ronaldo, Rodrigo Bentancur and Leonardo Bonucci.

The winners of this fixture will go on to face either Milan or Torino in the two-legged semi-final.

Maurizio Sarri made six changes from the weekend’s Serie A win over Parma, including Douglas Costa and Daniele Rugani in a 4-3-3 formation, but Mattia De Sciglio, Giorgio Chiellini, Samu Khedira and Merih Demiral were injured. Paulo Fonseca couldn’t afford many choices, as Edin Dzeko was suspended, with Javier Pastore, Federico Fazio, Nicolò Zaniolo, Diego Perotti, Henrikh Mkhitaryan, Mirco Antonucci and Davide Zappacosta injured.

Justin Kluivert couldn’t keep his shot down from close range on an Alessandro Florenzi assist, as the visitors had the better start, but didn’t finish their promising moves.

Instead, Juve scored on the counter. Gonzalo Higuain sent Ronaldo sprinting down the left and his left-foot finish was drilled into the far bottom corner from a tight angle. It was CR7’s 13th goal in the last 10 competitive games for Juventus.

Danilo drilled wide, but Rodrigo Bentancur doubled Juve’s lead. He started the run from midfield, combined with Douglas Costa, rode a tackle and was fortunate his scuffed finish bounced in off the inside of the far post.

Douglas Costa stung Pau Lopez’s gloves from the edge of the box after intercepting a loose ball, but Danilo limped off with a muscular problem, so Juan Cuadrado had to come on despite suffering from flu symptoms.

It was nearly 3-0, Gianluca Mancini making a decisive, brave block on Miralem Pjanic. However, on the resulting short corner, a cross was floated in for Leonardo Bonucci’s header and he sprung the offside trap for 3-0.

Juventus 3-0 Roma (Half-Time)

Ronaldo 26 (J), Bentancur 38 (J), Bonucci 45 (J)

Juventus: Buffon; Danilo (Cuadrado 41), Rugani, Bonucci, Alex Sandro; Bentancur, Pjanic, Rabiot; Douglas Costa, Higuain, Ronaldo

Roma: Pau Lopez; Florenzi, Mancini, Smalling, Kolarov; Diawara, Cristante; Under, Pellegrini, Kluivert; Kalinic

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
130732 messaggi

Home

105px-Juventus_FC_2017_logo.png        3-1       roma-128x128.png    

Cristiano Ronaldo 26'

Rodrigo Bentancur 38'

Leonardo Bonucci 45'

Gianluigi Buffon (own goal) 50'

Allianz Stadium - Turin

Coppa: Juventus sweep Roma aside

Immagine

https://www.football-italia.net/149116/coppa-juventus-sweep-roma-aside

Jan 22, 2020

Juventus got the job done in the first half of their 3-1 victory over Roma, sending them through to the Coppa Italia semi-final against Milan or Torino.

Maurizio Sarri made six changes from the weekend’s Serie A win over Parma, including Douglas Costa and Daniele Rugani in a 4-3-3 formation, but Mattia De Sciglio, Giorgio Chiellini, Samu Khedira and Merih Demiral were injured. Paulo Fonseca couldn’t afford many choices, as Edin Dzeko was suspended, with Javier Pastore, Federico Fazio, Nicolò Zaniolo, Diego Perotti, Henrikh Mkhitaryan, Mirco Antonucci and Davide Zappacosta injured.

Justin Kluivert couldn’t keep his shot down from close range on an Alessandro Florenzi assist, as the visitors had the better start, but didn’t finish their promising moves.

Instead, Juve scored on the counter. Gonzalo Higuain sent Ronaldo sprinting down the left and his left-foot finish was drilled into the far bottom corner from a tight angle. It was CR7’s 13th goal in the last 10 competitive games for Juventus.

Danilo drilled wide, but Rodrigo Bentancur doubled Juve’s lead. He started the run from midfield, combined with Douglas Costa, rode a tackle and was fortunate his scuffed finish bounced in off the inside of the far post.

Douglas Costa stung Pau Lopez’s gloves from the edge of the box after intercepting a loose ball, but Danilo limped off with a muscular problem, so Juan Cuadrado had to come on despite suffering from flu symptoms.

It was nearly 3-0, Gianluca Mancini making a decisive, brave block on Miralem Pjanic. However, on the resulting short corner, a Douglas Costa cross was floated in for Leonardo Bonucci’s header and he sprung the offside trap for 3-0.

Davide Santon replaced misfiring Kluivert for the restart and Roma had a huge double chance immediately. Lorenzo Pellegrini’s solo effort was only parried by Gigi Buffon and Nikola Kalinic fired the rebound on to the upright from point-blank range.

Moments later, the woodwork was rattled at the other end by a looping Higuain header on Ronaldo’s cross from the right.

Roma had come out fighting for the second half and got back into the game, as a ferocious Cengiz Under solo effort from the edge of the area bounced off the underside of the bar, hit Buffon on the back and rebounded in.

It was almost 3-2 on 56 minutes when a Mancini slide-rule pass released Florenzi down the left, but Buffon was decisive this time, rushing out to block with his legs one-on-one.

This was a far more open second half, Higuain’s volley on a Juan Cuadrado cross straight at Pau Lopez from point-blank range. Daniele Rugani needed a fantastic defensive header to stop Kalinic turning in at the far post.

Aleksandar Kolarov thought he'd made it 3-2 deep into stoppages, but his header was brilliantly palmed off the line by Buffon at full stretch.

Juventus 3-1 Roma

Ronaldo 26 (J), Bentancur 38 (J), Bonucci 45 (J), Buffon og 50 (R)

Juventus: Buffon; Danilo (Cuadrado 41), Rugani, Bonucci, Alex Sandro; Bentancur, Pjanic, Rabiot (Matuidi 76); Douglas Costa (Ramsey 67), Higuain, Ronaldo

Roma: Pau Lopez; Florenzi (Veretout 68), Mancini, Smalling, Kolarov; Diawara (Peres 76), Cristante; Under, Pellegrini, Kluivert (Santon 46); Kalinic

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
130732 messaggi

Home

105px-Juventus_FC_2017_logo.png        3-1       roma-128x128.png    

Cristiano Ronaldo 26'

Rodrigo Bentancur 38'

Leonardo Bonucci 45'

Allianz Stadium - Turin

Bonucci: 'Once Juve let tempo drop...'

Bonucci: 'Mai mollare. Il +4 sull'Inter? Non basta. Dybala deve accettare le scelte'

https://www.football-italia.net/149119/bonucci-once-juve-let-tempo-drop

Jan 22, 2020

Leonardo Bonucci warned Roma gave Juventus a scare in the Coppa Italia quarter-final. “The moment we let the tempo drop, we struggle.”

The job was done by half-time thanks to a Cristiano Ronaldo angled drive, Rodrigo Bentancur toe-poke and Leonardo Bonucci header, despite the consolation deflected Cengiz Under strike.

“The moment we let the tempo drop, we start to struggle,” Bonucci told Rai Sport after the 3-1 victory.

“Roma play very attacking football and the moment we stopped really diving on to the second balls, they forced us to defend deep around our penalty area.

“It was a good second half, as we showed that we were able to suffer under pressure and controlled the situation. There are 25 great players here and we need everyone to be ready when called upon so that the team can keep going to the end of the season.”

Juve are four points clear at the top of the Serie A table and through to the Coppa Italia semi-final against either Milan or Torino, not to mention the Champions League Round of 16.

“It’s just four points, we don’t feel remotely comfortable. We’ve got to work and sacrifice ourselves to the last minute in every game, as we have three targets and want to go all the way.”

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
130732 messaggi

Home

105px-Juventus_FC_2017_logo.png        3-1       roma-128x128.png    

Cristiano Ronaldo 26'

Rodrigo Bentancur 38'

Leonardo Bonucci 45'

Allianz Stadium - Turin

Sarri: 'Ronaldo such a specimen!'

Sarri: 'Se non c'è Danilo, gioca Matuidi. Ronaldo? Complimenti alla mamma. E sul ritorno a Napoli...'

https://www.football-italia.net/149123/sarri-ronaldo-such-specimen

Jan 22, 2020

Juventus coach Maurizio Sarri won’t take credit for Cristiano Ronaldo’s scoring run against Roma. “Give credit to his mother for creating such a specimen!”

The Bianconeri swept through to the Coppa Italia semi-finals against either Milan or Torino with a 3-1 win, decided by Cristiano Ronaldo, Rodrigo Bentancur and Leonardo Bonucci.

“We had a good first half, but didn’t come out of the locker room for the start of the second,” Sarri told Rai Sport, referring to the Cengiz Under strike.

“After a little while, we again got into it against a team that has a good passing game. Gigi Buffon made some saves that confirm he’s still in good shape and a top level goalkeeper.

“Douglas Costa doesn’t have 90 minutes in his legs yet, but seemed to be clearly improving. Ronaldo is in extraordinary physical and mental condition, scoring with remarkable consistency. On an individual level, I don’t see what Ronaldo could improve. Perhaps in some defensive moments.

“I cannot take credit for Ronaldo’s current form, you can only give credit to his mother for creating such a specimen!”

Danilo limped off during the first half, to be replaced by Juan Cuadrado.

“Alex Sandro was coming off a muscular problem and Cuadrado had flu, so we’re a bit short on full-backs at the moment. If we really need to, then we can use Blaise Matuidi there.”

This weekend will see Sarri visit the Stadio San Paolo as an opponent for the first time since he left Napoli.

“That was not a normal experience,” he confessed. “It was something that really touched me deep down. It was, on a human level, an extraordinary bond.”

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
130732 messaggi

Home

image.jpeg

NAPOLI -JUVENTUS

napoli-128x128.png            ..   ........ 105px-Juventus_FC_2017_logo.png               

21st Matchday   

Sunday, january 26th 2020 - 8:45 p.m. CET 

San Paolo Stadium - Naples
Referee: Maurizio Mariani

Mario Rui: 'Sarri deserves nice reception'

Gerelateerde afbeelding

https://www.football-italia.net/149144/mario-rui-sarri-deserves-nice-reception

Jan 23, 2020

Mario Rui has encouraged the San Paolo to give Maurizio Sarri a “very nice reception” when the former coach returns to Napoli as the Juventus coach.

Sarri brought some good times to the Neapolitans and left for Chelsea in the Premier League after 148 games at the helm of the Partenopei.

He returned to Italy last summer, to take over rivals Juventus, but Mario Rui goes a long way back with the coach and said he hopes he will be “welcome” on Sunday.

“I think the coach will get a very nice reception after what he has done,” Mario Rui told Sky Sport Italia. “I have a very good relationship with Sarri, I started with him at Empoli. He’s the coach that changed me in every way.

“I hope and think that the people of Napoli will welcome him back after all he has done here.”

Mario Rui revealed that the new coach Gennaro Gattuso has a lot of “similarities” with Sarri and claimed there was never any problems in the group.

“Yes, especially in the way Gattuso wants the team to play, he wants us to keep the ball at the ground and play out of the back.

“There are many similarities, but then they all have something of their own and will never be the same.

“I was very happy to have worked with Sarri and now I am equally happy to be able to work with Gattuso.

“We are not a team who should have 24 points at this stage, but maybe we deserve this position right now. We have never had a group problem. It is true that there were problems, but above all on the pitch, because we couldn’t do what we were used to.”

The full-back has claimed that the win against Lazio in the Coppa Italia “doesn’t change everything” and praised Lorenzo Insigne.

“One good match doesn’t change everything, now we must give continuity to the match against Lazio and try to go again against Juventus on Sunday,” he added.

“It was never ‘Lorenzo against everyone’. He was certainly not helped, but the attitude, how he drives us, he wanted to help us and what we saw against Lazio, he has always given on the pitch.

“Fortunately, he was helped by the team. Lorenzo remains an extraordinary player, who can make a difference in any given moment.”

He will play against his compatriot and national teammate Cristiano Ronaldo this weekend and has praised the Portuguese superstar.

“Cristiano is the best player in the world, one of the best throughout history,” he said. “He is an idol and a source of inspiration. I can only wish him all the best, except on Sunday.”

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
130732 messaggi

image.jpeg

NAPOLI -JUVENTUS

21st Matchday   

NAPOLI V JUVENTUS: PROBABLE LINE-UPS

Afbeeldingsresultaat voor napoli juventus 2020

https://forzaitalianfootball.com/2020/01/napoli-v-juventus-probable-line-ups-and-key-statistics/

Jan 24, 2020

Maurizio Sarri makes his return to the Stadio San Paolo for the first time since leaving when he brings his Juventus side to Napoli on Sunday night.

PROBABLE LINE-UPS

Napoli (4-3-3): Meret; Hysaj, Manolas, Di Lorenzo, Mario Rui; Fabian Ruiz, Demme, Zielinski; Callejon, Milik, Insigne.

Unavailable: Koulibaly, Mertens, Maksimovic, Malcuit, Ghoulam.

Juventus (4-3-1-2): Szczesny; Cuadrado, De Ligt, Bonucci, Alex Sandro; Bentancur, Pjanic, Rabiot; Ramsey; Dybala, Ronaldo.

Unavailable: De Sciglio, Chiellini, Khedira, Demiral; Danilo.

KEY STATISTICS

– Juventus have won their last three Serie A games against Napoli: the last time the Bianconeri recorded at least four wins in a row against the Azzurri in the competition dates back to December 1993 (five).

– Napoli have won only one of their last eight league games against Juventus (D1 L6), 1-0 in April 2018 under Maurizio Sarri. In six of these matches, the Bianconeri have been in first place in the table at the start of the matchday.

– Napoli have lost four Serie A home games in a row for the first time since 1998: the Azzurri have never lost five consecutive home games in the competition.

– Juventus are the only team in the top five European leagues to have gained at least 50 points after 20 games played in each of the last three seasons.

– Since the arrival of Gennaro Gattuso at Napoli last December, they have recorded the lowest shot conversion rate in the league (4.3%) – Juventus are first in this ranking in the same period (16.9%).

– Juventus (332) and Napoli (326) are the two teams with the highest average passes in the opposition half per game in Serie A this season.

– Maurizio Sarri is the coach with the best points average with a single team in the three points era in Serie A (2.55, with Juventus); in addition, the current Juventus coach has the best average with Napoli during the same period (2.27).

– Arkadiusz Milik is the only Napoli player to manage more than five goals in the league this season (seven): the last time Napoli had just a single player with 5+ goals after the first 20 league games in Serie A was back in 2000/01 (Nicola Amoruso).

– Juventus striker Cristiano Ronaldo could score in eight consecutive games for the fourth time since his debut in the top five European leagues (2003/04), becoming the first player to reach this milestone in the period (Lionel Messi also reached three 8+ games with goals in a row).

– Juventus’ Wojciech Szczesny has a better difference between Expected Goals conceded (18.1) and goals conceded (12) than any other ‘keeper in Serie A 2019/20 (6.1).

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
130732 messaggi

Home

image.jpeg

NAPOLI -JUVENTUS

21st Matchday   

Sarri: 'I could retire after Juventus'

Afbeeldingsresultaat voor sarri pre napoli juve

https://www.football-italia.net/149216/sarri-i-could-retire-after-juventus

Jan 25, 2020

Maurizio Sarri would see jeers as “a sign of affection” from his old Napoli fans, but hints Juventus could be his final coaching role.

It kicks off on Sunday at 19.45 GMT, click here for a match preview.

This will be the first time Sarri has returned to the San Paolo as an opponent, and technically the first time he has faced Napoli, seeing as when Juve won 4-3 in Turin back in Week 1, he was home in bed with pneumonia.

“It is a special game for me, but we mustn’t spend too much energy on personal issues and focus on the collective,” said the coach in his press conference.

“We have a very important match to play. If the fans did jeer me, I would consider that a show of affection. They were unfair to do that to Gonzalo Higuain, though.

“If Higuain plays tomorrow or not is purely a tactical consideration and has nothing to do with the atmosphere.”

Sarri was asked if coming to Juve meant he could never return to Napoli in future and made a surprising revelation.

“I am not thinking about that now. After this experience, I could even retire. We’ll see how much energy I have left by the end of it.

“Pressure is not really an issue, it’s about what someone expects from themselves. If you focus on the circus, then you’re done for. I don’t know how I’ll feel when my contract expires in two years. I might even continue and it’d be a bad idea.”

Napoli have had difficulty replacing Sarri, going from Carlo Ancelotti to Gennaro Gattuso, from 4-4-2 back to his 4-3-3.

“I expect a difficult game, as Napoli are a strong team. Their current position in the table is strange, because they are the best in many aspects. Looking at the statistics, one feels they are destined to climb back up pretty quickly.

“I know only too well what motivation they will have going into this game. Napoli is changing, Gattuso likes to bring solidity to his teams and it looks as if he is achieving that intent here.”

Rodrigo Bentancur returns from a three-match ban and has been shown to make the difference with forward runs.

“I still feel Sami Khedira is the best at making forward runs, but Bentancur is certainly learning. He brings balance to the side with extraordinary dynamism and is growing day by day. He is extremely important right now, because he allows us to play in a variety of different ways.”

Sarri famously wants little to do with the transfer market and confirmed as much when asked about the swap between Mattia De Sciglio and PSG left-back Layvin Kurzawa.

“I don’t know. The director told me this is an idea. I saw him play a couple of times while having dinner with my family, but that’s very different to studying him, so I don’t really know the player very well.”

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
130732 messaggi

Home

image.jpeg

NAPOLI -JUVENTUS

21st Matchday   

Can and De Sciglio miss Napoli

Immagine

https://www.football-italia.net/149232/can-and-de-sciglio-miss-napoli

Jan 25, 2020

Juventus have left behind transfer-listed Emre Can and Mattia De Sciglio for their trip to the San Paolo, while Nikola Maksimovic returns for Napoli.

The Bianconeri are without injured Danilo, Merih Demiral, Sami Khedira and Giorgio Chiellini, but above all have left out De Sciglio and Emre Can.

Maurizio Sarri and PSG coach Thomas Tuchel both confirmed today that talks are at an advanced stage for De Sciglio to exchange places with Layvin Kurzawa.

Emre Can has been heavily linked with a move in January to Borussia Dortmund, Bayern Munich or Everton.

As for Napoli, they are still without Kalidou Koulibaly, Dries Mertens, Allan, Amin Younes, Faouzi Ghoulam and Kevin Malcuit.

There is some good news for Gennaro Gattuso, as Maksimovic is available again, although it remains to be seen if he’ll be risked from the start.

Goalkeeper David Ospina did not take part in training today and is in doubt, so Alex Meret could return to take the gloves for this big game.

Napoli squad for Juventus: Meret, Ospina, Karnezis, Mario Rui, Luperto, Maksimovic, Di Lorenzo, Hysaj, Manolas, Demme, Fabian Ruiz, Elmas, Zielinski, Lobotka, Callejon, Llorente, Lozano, Insigne, Leandrinho, Milik

Juventus squad for Napoli: Szczesny, De Ligt, Pjanic, Ronaldo, Ramsey, Dybala, Douglas Costa, Alex Sandro, Matuidi, Cuadrado, Bonucci, Higuain, Rugani, Rabiot, Bentancur, Pinsoglio, Bernardeschi, Coccolo, Buffon

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
130732 messaggi

Home

image.jpeg

NAPOLI -JUVENTUS

21st Matchday   

Gattuso: 'Copied Sarri's Napoli ideas'

Afbeeldingsresultaat voor sarri juve gattuso napoli

https://www.football-italia.net/149211/gattuso-copied-sarris-napoli-ideas

Jan 25, 2020

Gennaro Gattuso admits “preparing to face Juventus gives you a headache” and the current Napoli coach has “copied and pasted” some of Maurizio Sarri’s tactical ideas.

“This game represents a great deal for us. We want to give a sense of consistency to the performance three days ago,” said the coach in his press conference.

The Partenopei have lost three of their four Serie A fixtures with him in charge, but did knock Coppa Italia holders Lazio out of the competition with a 1-0 result on Tuesday.

“Preparing to face Juventus gives you a headache. They play well, have so many champions, pass it around cleanly and you can see the influence of Maurizio Sarri.

“He is one of the best coaches in the world and built a perfect machine. I have great respect for Sarri, and will admit I did copy and paste some of his tactical ideas. I like the way he views football.

“There will be many fans at the San Paolo and it is our duty to put in a great performance to boost that enthusiasm. The atmosphere is an important strength for us to draw on and enthusiasm makes everything seem easier for us.

“What I want is for us to sniff out potential danger, work for each other and not let the opposition take control of the game. I saw many positives against Lazio and we need to follow that path.

“Juventus play in a different way to Lazio, as for example the Biancocelesti always have five men on the defenders, whereas Juve are more technical than physical. We must cover more passing lines, try to cut certain players out of the game. It’s far more complicated.

“We must try to stop the ball reaching those who play right behind the striker, block those who make the through runs. Unfortunately, there are quite a lot of players who fit that description.”

Kalidou Koulibaly, Dries Mertens, Faouzi Ghoulam and Kevin Malcuit are out of action, but Gattuso confirms Nikola Maksimovic should at least be back on the bench.

“Allan had the tests and there’s bruising, plus his son was just born and that is the most important thing for any father. Seeing as he couldn’t play anyway, I decided to send him home to Brazil to meet his baby. He was playing with pain-killers to get through, so hasn’t been well for a while.”

This makes it more likely that January signings Diego Demme and Stanislav Lobotka will get a chance to start.

“Demme is a player who makes everything simpler, as he moves well and can still improve his positioning. He is not particularly creative, but is linear and keeps things under control. His teammates know they can rely on him.

“The statistics show we concede a goal for every three attacking moves our opponents make, yet we have a very low conversion rate for changes. That shows. We need to be more determined, sometimes we practically gift goals.”

Gattuso is known for his man-management and passion, so has he prepared a pre-match pep talk for the players?

“I don’t prepare motivational speeches. Tomorrow, two-and-a-half-hours before kick-off, I open up my heart and my mind and let it all out.”

It remains to be seen how the Stadio San Paolo crowd will react to Sarri’s first visit back to Naples since joining their arch-rivals Juventus.

“We are professionals,” noted Gattuso. “I wrote important pages with Milan, but I would never say never to joining Inter. This is work, it’s wrong to talk about betrayal. Gonzalo Higuain and Sarri made history with this Napoli and I don’t think the word betrayal is right in these circumstances.”

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
Ospite
Questa discussione è chiusa.
Accedi per seguire   

• Chi sta navigando   0 utenti

Nessun utente registrato visualizza questa pagina.

• Crea Nuovo...