1 - Gianluigi Buffon

Socrates    1985
Amministratore
106815 messaggi

swcy9l.png

Jordan: ‘Italy need Buffon’

https://www.football-italia.net/119071/jordan-‘italy-need-buffon’

Mar 27, 2018

Former Milan striker Joe Jordan doesn’t understand the discussion over Gianluigi Buffon being called for Italy - “he’ll give balance”.

The former Scottish international spent three seasons in Italy, also turning out for Verona, and ahead of the Azzurri’s friendly with England he discussed the state of the national team.

“Italy are going through a nightmare, it’s been a long time since they didn’t qualify for the World Cup,” Jordan told Il Bianconero.

“That also happened to Scotland this year. I didn’t see them against Argentina, but I saw a lot of young players among those who were called-up. They need to restart from there.

“I didn’t know there was this discussion in Italy about calling-up Buffon again, he’s a very good goalkeeper with huge experience who will give balance and the right mix to this national team.

“Carlo Ancelotti or Roberto Mancini for CT? The Federation needs to choose a CT who wants to lead the national team, not someone who will change his mind after a year and a half.

“I know Ancelotti and Mancini well because I faced them in the Premier League, but from what I’ve heard the latter seems a better fit to me because he’s already said he’d like to coach Italy.

“I think Ancelotti wants a club.”

Jordan also gave his opinion on Serie A and Italian football in general, starting with Juventus’ elimination of his former side, Tottenham Hotspur, in the Champions League.

“Juventus deserved to qualify, they were too streetwise for Tottenham.

“[Mauricio] Pochettino’s team had a good game in Turin, it was not easy to come back from two goals down.

“In the return game in England the Bianconeri didn’t play great football, but I could see how much the players wanted to win it.

“It wasn’t luck, even though they weren’t at 100 per cent they knew how to get through it and beat their opponents at Wembley.

“The experience that Spurs lack can’t be bought, you can only gain it on a football pitch.

“[Coach Max] Allegri chose the right time to make his changes, he knew those changes would win him the game.

“In fact the goals by [Gonzalo] Higuain and [Paulo] Dybala came thanks to those players who came off the bench [Kwadwo Asamoah and Stephan Lichtsteiner].

“The Scudetto race? I haven’t changed my mind from a few months ago. Napoli have a very good Coach [Maurizio Sarri] who gets his teams playing well, but in the end Juventus will win the Scudetto.”

Condividi questo messaggio

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
Socrates    1985
Amministratore
106815 messaggi

swcy9l.png

Buffon risks domestic ban?

https://www.football-italia.net/119851/buffon-risks-domestic-ban

Apr 13, 2018

Gianluigi Buffon reportedly risks being handed a domestic ban for his outbursts after Juventus’ defeat to Real Madrid.

According to Gazzetta dello Sport, Buffon could be facing a timed suspension if referee Michael Oliver was ‘very harsh’ in his report and UEFA’s disciplinary panel decides to assess his criticism of the Englishman to the Press.

The goalkeeper is quoted as branding Oliver ‘out of his depth, ‘heartless’, an ‘animal’ and with a ‘rubbish bin’ for a heart after he was sent off for dissent during Juve’s last-gasp Champions League exit to Real Madrid, who were awarded an injury-time penalty on Wednesday.

However, it remains to be seen whether the 40-year-old will even serve a ban as he is being tipped to hang up his gloves at the end of the season.

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
Socrates    1985
Amministratore
106815 messaggi

swcy9l.png

Buffon: 'I'd say it all again'

Risultati immagini per real madrid juventus 1-3 buffon

https://www.football-italia.net/119928/buffon-id-say-it-all-again

Apr 14, 2018

Juventus captain Gigi Buffon defended his comments about referee Michael Oliver. “I had to let that out, even if it damaged my reputation.”

The goalkeeper was sent off for dissent after referee Oliver awarded a controversial last-gasp penalty, sending Real Madrid through to the Champions League semi-final.

Buffon was criticised for his over the top comments, including calling Oliver an “assassin of dreams”, but he broke his silence and doesn’t seem ready to apologise.

“I don’t have to make up for anything, because I am a human being who puts passion, sentiment and anger into what I do,” Buffon told Le Iene television programme.

“You find a way to speak, right or wrong, that at times can seem excessive… but this is me, I am Gigi Buffon. The other night the game had finished an hour and a half ago, so consequently what one expresses at that moment are sentiments and thoughts that are strong, in certain respects raw, but the sentiments of a man who won’t hide behind a veil of hypocrisy and instead throws out what is bubbling in his guts. End of story.

“Right there, you cannot ask a man who lives sport as deeply as I do to be balanced, because even if I expressed these feelings in an exaggerated way, they were still logical thoughts. I’d say them all again. Maybe with a different type of language, one that was more civilised, let’s say. But the content remains and I stand by all of it.

“Even if I was excessive, I said what I thought, that he should not have given that penalty. A referee with more experience would not have blown his whistle and decided not to become the protagonist of the match. He would’ve left it running, turned around and let the two teams fight it out in extra time. Let the pitch do the talking.

“I’m sure Oliver will have a great career in future, but he’s too young to officiate a match like that. The beauty, the imponderable nature of football, means that unfortunately this young man found himself in a situation that was too complex, too garbled and too big for him to deal with.

“So at the end of the day, what I said after the match, I don’t hold any rancour towards Oliver. I’m not even angry with him. It all ended there, but naturally in the heat of the moment one does feel I’m not saying penalised… I felt defrauded. Not defrauded of the result, but of the night. It was a night that can never be repeated.

“We could’ve written a memorable page in the history books of football for Juve, for Italy. Our victory combined with that of Roma (who beat Barcelona 3-0 the night before to wipe out a 4-1 first leg aggregate result) would’ve been just incredible.

“Before being a Juventino, I am an Italian, and I really cared about Italian football doing well. Seeing Roma achieve that amazing comeback, I was so passionately cheering them on. Seeing Juve go to Madrid and come back from 3-0 down… I got emotional. It was just priceless.

“I have lost more important matches than this, but the way it developed and was evolving, it was the most wonderful and exciting match I had ever experienced with Juventus. I think the same is true of my teammates and the fans.”

Even with footage from multiple different angles, the debate continues to rage on whether Medhi Benatia’s nudge on Lucas Vazquez was a penalty.

“It wasn’t a situation where you could say: ‘That is definitely a penalty.’ I’m not saying it wasn’t a penalty, I am saying it was a dubious situation. In a game like that, 20 seconds from the end, a dubious situation is not going to be enough for an experienced referee to transform everything. In my view, an experienced referee would make a different evaluation.

“Give me at least the legitimacy to defend in an exasperated and passionate manner the performance of my teammates, to defend those 5,000 fans who came to Madrid to cheer us on.

“I have to defend my teammates and fans, even in a not very composed fashion, because I feel it. I had to let that out, even if it damaged my reputation.”

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
Socrates    1985
Amministratore
106815 messaggi

swcy9l.png

Del Piero: 'I'm not against Buffon'

https://www.football-italia.net/119927/del-piero-im-not-against-buffon

Apr 14, 2018

Alessandro Del Piero hit out at Juventus fans who claimed he was “going against Gigi Buffon or even happy that Juve were eliminated.”

The club legend is now a television pundit following his retirement and commented on Wednesday’s 3-1 win away to Real Madrid, which saw the Bianconeri eliminated by a last-gasp penalty.

Buffon was sent off for dissent due to that decision and vented his fury at referee Michael Oliver, but Del Piero said he didn’t understand the criticism and this earned him abuse on social media.

“I respect all opinions of what I have heard and above all read over the last few days,” wrote Del Piero on his Twitter account this evening.

“But those who insinuated – maybe by only reporting part of what I said – that I am going against Gigi, in bad faith or even happy that Juve were eliminated, is hurting me.

“Such people aren’t worthy of attention. What is going on here?”

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
Socrates    1985
Amministratore
106815 messaggi

swcy9l.png

Boca want Buffon

Dall'Argentina: «Tevez vuole Buffon al Boca Juniors»

https://www.football-italia.net/120005/report-boca-want-buffon

Apr 16, 2018

Argentine side Boca Juniors are reportedly considering a sensational swoop for Juventus goalkeeper Gianluigi Buffon.

According to Ole via Calciomercato.com, Boca are prepared to offer Buffon another year in the game as doubts cast over whether he will remain a Juve player next season.

It is explained the Xeneizes have put the 40-year-old ‘in their crosshairs’ after being knocked back by Chelsea’s Willy Caballero and Manchester United’s Sergio Romero.

Furthermore, both clubs are said to have a ‘well-established’ rapport after trading Carlos Tevez and Rodrigo Bentancur in the last three years.

Boca would be hoping to bring in Buffon before their Copa Libertadores knockout campaign, which kicks off on August 7, whereas the Bianconeri have a ready-made replacement in Wojciech Szczesny.

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
Socrates    1985
Amministratore
106815 messaggi

swcy9l.png

Buffon: ‘Madrid made me feel alive’

Da2Qd7lWsAIjnfP.jpg

https://www.football-italia.net/120022/buffon-‘madrid-made-me-feel-alive’

Apr 16, 2018

Juventus captain Gianluigi Buffon admits “sometimes getting it wrong”, but says Real Madrid and its aftermath was “pure adrenaline”.

The goalkeeper was sent-off by referee Michael Oliver after reacting furiously to a last-minute penalty at the Bernabeu which sent the Bianconeri out of the Champions League.

The 40-year-old tore in to the official after the match, drawing criticism from some quarters, and today he spoke about the incident as he attended a sponsors’ event in Turin.

“The decisions we make are a way of defining ourselves and making us what we want to be,” Buffon explained to the reporters present.

“You can even go too far, sometimes getting it wrong. But that means you’re alive, and that’s why I came in to the world.

“After the Bernabeu I went for long walks, mushrooms and daisies. It was a week that allowed me to experience strong emotions, beautiful, pure adrenaline.

“I also live for that.”

Gianluigi Donnarumma is seen my many as his namesake’s heir in the Italy squad, and yesterday the Milan youngster handed Juve a huge advantage in the Scudetto race with a stunning last-gasp save on Napoli’s Arkadiusz Milik.

“I sent him a nice congratulatory text for his save on Milik at the end,” Buffon revealed, before discussing his role as captain of the Azzurri.

“Being captain of the national team is the greatest gift that life has given me.”

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti