Vai al contenuto
Socrates

Andrea Barzagli

130779 messaggi

swcy9l.png

Barzagli: 'Morata, no friends!'

http://www.football-italia.net/86368/barzagli-morata-no-friends

Jun 25, 2016

Andrea Barzagli warned Alvaro Morata “there are no friends on the pitch” and promised Italy are studying Spain very carefully.

The Round of 16 tie kicks off in Paris on Monday at 17.00 UK time (16.00 GMT).

“We are very disappointed to be without Antonio Candreva, as we know full well what he could’ve given and did great in the first two games,” said Barzagli in a Press conference.

“However, there are 23 in the group and we have the right substitutes to ensure he is not missed. We are preparing very well, are concentrated and have the right spirit. I think with two days to go we’re at a good stage.”

Candreva’s thigh injury isn’t the only concern, as several Italy players are on yellow cards going into the Spain match.

“In all honesty, it’s only normal that there is the danger of a ban, but we are not thinking about it. In fact, we joke around between us, as we are the only team in the tournament with two out of three goalkeepers on a yellow card…

“We won’t let ourselves get affected by anything. If we get a yellow, then we can’t do much about that, but there is faith in the squad. That is our strength.”

Barzagli and his Juventus teammates will be facing Morata as an opponent.

“There are no friends on the pitch. I struggle even to say hello to them before kick-off, as it’s an issue of concentration. Morata is one of many dangers in the Spain side, they have a lot of quality and we must be wary of everyone.

“We know Morata’s strengths, but must also keep an eye on the others, as Spain have many players who can send him clear on goal. We are studying Spain, have already faced them and are preparing in the best possible way.

"Of course, Morata also knows us. He is aware that if he runs into Giorgio Chiellini's area, he'll get a kicking...."

Morata told Spanish media that the Juve trio and Gigi Buffon represent the best defensive unit in the world.

“We joke around a lot between us. Let’s just say I fear Morata and Spain a little bit and don’t really like these expressions of admiration. I think we are all concentrated on the match.

“The good thing about a game like this is you don’t even need to work on being motivated. That is the only easy part, because many pundits forgot Spain among the favourites to win Euro 2016.

“We’ll fight the way we usually do. We might be ugly, we might do dirty work, but we will give everything to hurt Spain.

“The duels and the details make the difference. We have to be wary of their forwards, but also try to hit their defence. It would be the biggest mistake to take a negative approach.”

Which player would Barzagli like to remove from the Spain squad?

“Definitely Andres Iniesta, as he is clearly their best player and one of the best of all time, or at least in the last 10-15 years.”

When these sides met in the Euro 2012 group phase, it was a draw, and in the Euro 2008 quarter-finals ended with penalties.

“We are ready and also practicing penalties. As well as the usual takers, we had more or less everyone step up. There were some ugly scenes, let me tell you, but in a match situation everything changes.”

Condividi questo messaggio

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
130779 messaggi

swcy9l.png

Barzagli: 'Italy work together'

http://www.football-italia.net/86369/barzagli-italy-work-together

Jun 25, 2016

Andrea Barzagli explained why the Italy and Juventus bloc are so solid. “We help each other out and are stronger than as individuals.”

The so-called BBC is made up of Gigi Buffon in goal, Barzagli, Leonardo Bonucci and Giorgio Chiellini.

“I do my job trying not to make mistakes, but there are some really strong defenders out there and I am not one of them,” said Barzagli in a Press conference.

“We have a solid defence because we help each other out. The likes of Jerome Boateng and Mats Hummels are, if you ask me, as individuals stronger than we are.

“However, they play more as individuals, whereas we work together more. At the end of the day, the strongest is the one that wins.”

It has been said the defensive solidity and group unity of this Euro 2016 side is similar to the Italy that won the 2006 World Cup.

“It was another time, another team. Aside from the qualities, one thing has remained: the strength of a well-drilled group that gets along. We’ve always had that in recent years, but not quite like this.

“In my view in other tournaments perhaps not everyone was concentrated on the same objective. Yes, this current squad does remind me of 2006.”

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
130779 messaggi

swcy9l.png

Barzagli: 'Nobody will remember us'

http://www.football-italia.net/86725/barzagli-nobody-will-remember-us

Jul 2, 2016

Andrea Barzagli was inconsolable and believes “in a few years nobody will remember anything about this Nazionale that truly gave everything.”

Italy went out in the Euro 2016 quarter-finals on a sudden death penalty defeat to Germany, having drawn 1-1 after 120 minutes.

“We really did give everything. Unfortunately what we’re left with is defeat and in my view nothing will remain of all the good things we did,” the Juventus defender told Rai Sport while fighting back sobs.

“All that remains is disappointment and in a few years nobody will remember anything about this Nazionale that truly gave everything.

“We really enjoyed our time together and wanted it to continue. We’re sad.”

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
130779 messaggi

swcy9l.png

'Barzagli to retire at Juve'

http://www.football-italia.net/86814/barzagli-retire-juve

Jul 4, 2016

Andrea Barzagli's agent says the player will 'finish his career at Juventus', and praises his Italy performances.

While not always as prominent as Leonardo Bonucci and Giorgio Chiellini, the 35-year-old was an essential part of Italy's three-man defence.

The stopper was visibly moved at the end of the quarter-finals lost to Germany on penalties, and his agent understands that completely.

“His tears are the natural result of an adventure that ends on penalties after it took heart, soul and passion,” his representative Claudio Orlandini told TuttoJuve.com. “It's normal that there should be a bit of weeping. It makes you think, when you see two titans like Barzagli and Buffon crying. It makes you realize how much they cared.

“They'd started out surrounded by widespread skepticism. According to the colleagues, they were the worst national team from the call-ups, because they lacked some important elements. Instead, Italy progressed while showing good football.

“The games against Spain and Germany show us that you can compensate for the lack of technical quality by means of heart and organisation. At the World Cup there were players who thought only about themselves.

"[Coach Antonio] Conte made the difference and was a major boost to the national team. Conte and the back four of Juventus were the architects of this great European championship.”

Orlandini was then asked whether Barzagli was done with the national team and with Juventus.

“Never say never. He started out with an idea, but thoughts can change. People in the national team asked him to stay.

“As for Juventus, that's where he'll finish his career.”

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
130779 messaggi

swcy9l.png

Barzagli reverses Italy decision?

http://www.football-italia.net/88710/barzagli-reverses-italy-decision

Aug 3, 2016

Italy CT Giampiero Ventura visited Juventus today, and reportedly convinced Andrea Barzagli to continue.

The centre-back announced before Euro 2016 that he’d be retiring from international football, and was in tears as the Azzurri crashed out to Germany.

New Coach Ventura immediately acknowledged that he’d ask the veteran to change his mind, and Tuttomercatoweb reports that he’s been successful.

The 35-year-old has won 61 caps for his country, and Barzagli was part of the Italy squad which won the World Cup in 2006.

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
130779 messaggi

swcy9l.png

Barzagli: ‘Champions League dream’

http://www.football-italia.net/88714/barzagli-‘champions-league-dream’

Aug 3, 2016

Juventus defender Andrea Barzagli discusses his Champions League “dream” and has “positive feelings” about continuing with Italy.

The Bianconeri have signed the likes of Medhi Benatia, Miralem Pjanic and Gonzalo Higuain this summer, but the centre-back warns that won’t guarantee success on its own.

“This year, important players have come in who will raise the technical level,” Barzagli told Sky.

“However, it’s only during the season that we’ll be able to say if this is a stronger Juventus than in recent years. We hope so, and we’re working to become that.

“The Champions League is a special tournament, it’s not easy. There are three or four other high-calibre teams.

“We always start to win in Italy and dream again in the Champions League, aiming to go further than last year.

“With the arrival of Medhi and Dani we’ve made a good step forward this year, they’re lads with desire and experience.

“Dani Alves has won almost everything, so they can only give us more quality.”

It has been reported that Barzagli could reverse his decision to retire from Italy duty, and the 35-year-old hints that’s true.

“Positive feelings. It was an interesting conversation, even with the other lads. He [Ventura] has always impressed me as a Coach for the preparation he does and the football knowledge he has, so now I’ll see.

“If I keep feeling good then I don’t know why I couldn’t continue. I’ll decide, and then the Coach will make his choices.”

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
130779 messaggi

swcy9l.png

Barzagli: 'No Juventus Prima Donnas'

http://www.football-italia.net/89925/barzagli-no-juventus-prima-donnas?

Aug 17, 2016

Andrea Barzagli praised the new Juventus stars for settling in with humility. “There are no Prima Donnas here, we all have a winning mentality.”

The defender spoke to JTV after a traditional friendly between the Juventus A and B teams.

“It’s a wonderful celebration that brings all the fans together. At times they don’t get the chance to see us this close up, so it’s a great opportunity for them.

“I feel good physically, as pre-season training went well and we hope it all goes smoothly.

“Our sensations are positive, as all the new lads immediately settled into the Juve mentality. There are no Prima Donnas here, we all have a winning mentality.

“There have been some changes, so we need to get to know each other a bit better, but slowly I think we’ll get on track.

“It was a shame to lose Paul (Pogba), because he gave us a lot over the years, but we wish him all the best. Very important players have arrived, who already have great international experience, so can give us that something extra to do better in the Champions League.

“As with every year, Juve start out aiming to win every competition. We know that we are the team to beat in Italy, but at the same time are fully aware that nothing is to be taken for granted.”

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
130779 messaggi

swcy9l.png

Barzagli: ‘Juventus can do it in Europe’

http://www.football-italia.net/92250/barzagli-‘juventus-can-do-it-europe’?

Sep 30, 2016

Andrea Barzagli believes Juventus can “fight all the way” in Europe even if “we’re not favourites”.

The Bianconeri have won Serie A for the past five seasons in a row, but were beaten by Barcelona in the 2015 Champions League final, a competition they haven’t won since 1996.

“In recent years we’ve been on a path which started as a dream and which has now led to us having the important knowledge and experience to fight all the way in this competition,” Barzagli told Sky and Mediaset.

“Nobody has said we’re favourites, but at the same time we know we’re in play. We’ve never felt invincible, we know we’ve strengthened but we also know we can’t win every big game.

“There are a lot of pitfalls, even more so this year because everyone gives 100 per cent to beat Juve, so to win we have to do even more.

“We can also improve in terms of our play and that’s one of our objectives, because in the long-run beautiful play will bring results.

“Of course we should never lose our strength, because in recent years we’ve brought home the points even in ‘bad’ games.”

Barzagli was also asked whether the Old Lady should play a three or a four-man defence.

“In my opinion we can change it both during a single game and also time-by-time. It will depend on rotation and different moments of the season.

“What matters isn’t the formation, but the desire to play well.”

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
130779 messaggi

swcy9l.png

Barzagli 'out for a month'

http://www.football-italia.net/94038/barzagli-out-month?

Nov 7, 2016

Juventus defender Andrea Barzagli is likely to be out ‘for around a month’ after he dislocated his shoulder on Sunday, reports say.

The injury was sustained in the opening minutes of a 2-1 victory over Chievo for the Bianconeri, and Gazzetta dello Sport reports that it is likely to be early December before Barzagli can return. The club have confirmed a diagnosis, but there is yet to be any official word about how long his layoff will be.

The Tuscan-native has already been replaced in the Italy squad by Fiorentina’s Davide Astori for the forthcoming friendlies against Liechtenstein and Germany. Barzagli is most likely to be missed most by his club when they take on Sevilla in a crucial Champions League group stage fixture on November 22nd.

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
130779 messaggi

2yvo10i.jpg

Andrea Barzagli injury: Juventus defender out

for up to two months with separated shoulder

http://www.blackwhitereadallover.com/2016/11/7/13549850/andrea-barzagli-injury

-juventus-defender-out-for-up-to-two-months-2016-serie-a-champions-league

Nov 7, 2016

When Juventus issues an injury update on a player just a few short hours after said player gets hurt like they did with Andrea Barzagli on Sunday, you have a feeling that the forthcoming news won’t be all that good.

We had that second update Monday.

And yep, not all that great.

Juventus announced that Barzagli, who had to be subbed off just a couple of minutes into Sunday’s 2-1 win over Chievo, could be out until the new year after he separated his shoulder against the Flying Donkeys. Initial reports suggested that Barzagli could be out around a month because of the injury, and now we know that it is going to be a little bit longer than just an early-December return to the field.

Here is the brief update, courtesy of Juventus’ official website:

Further examinations at J-Medical today have confirmed the scale of the shoulder inury sustained by Andrea Barzagli five minutes into Sunday's victory over Chievo in Verona.

The defender's arm will be in a sling for the next four weeks with a return to action scheduled for approximately for two months' time.

For one: Dammit, dammit all to hell.

Secondly: Thank goodness Daniele Rugani and Medhi Benatia are around.

As much as it sucks to see somebody like Giorgio Chiellini get hurt, seeing Barzagli out for an extended period of time is even tougher. Chiellini’s form has been up and down and everywhere in between for what seems like two or three years now, but Barzagli — to the surprise of absolutely nobody — has been one of Juve’s best players in a season where the team’s performances have been anything but consistently good.

It will be interesting to see what direction Max Allegri goes with this. Not just speaking in tactical terms, too, folks. Benatia, much to his credit, has been very good whenever he’s been used this season even though he’s dealt with his own injury issues this season. But we also know that Rugani was really, really good when he got regular playing time in the second half of last season.

So which direction do you think Allegri will go in? As much as it may suck that we probably won’t see Barzagli until the calendar flips over to 2017, it’s not like there are a couple of scrubs who will be battling for time as his replacement over the next couple of months.

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
130779 messaggi

swcy9l.png

Barzagli out for two months

http://www.football-italia.net/94048/barzagli-out-two-months

Nov 7, 2016

Juventus have confirmed that Andrea Barzagli will be out for “approximately two months” with a dislocated shoulder.

Barzagli was stretchered off in the opening stages of Juve’s 2-1 win against Chievo over the weekend, and subsequent tests have realised both the defender’s and club’s worst fears.

“Andrea Barzagli today checked into J Medical for instrumental tests and orthopaedic consultancy by Dr. Ravera regarding the consequences of the dislocation of his left shoulder, sustained in the Serie A match in Verona,” read a statement on the Bianconeri’s official website.

“The player will have to wear a protective brace for around four weeks. The current prognosis for his return is approximately two months.”

The 35-year-old has already been removed from Italy’s squad for the upcoming international break, but he is now set to miss the remainder of 2016 and faces a fight to be back for Juve’s match against Bologna on January 8.

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
130779 messaggi

swcy9l.png

Barzagli targets Supercoppa return

http://www.football-italia.net/94155/barzagli-targets-supercoppa-return

Nov 10, 2016

Juventus centre-back Andrea Barzagli is targeting a return in the Supercoppa Italiana against Milan, reports suggest.

The Italian international dislocated his shoulder during the win over Chievo on Sunday, and is expected to be out for around two months.

However, Tuttosport is reporting that Barzagli is targeting a quicker return, and wants to be fit for the Supercoppa clash with Milan in Doha.

The match takes place on December 23, giving the defender around six weeks to get himself fit.

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
130779 messaggi

swcy9l.png

Barzagli: 'Allegri changed my position'

http://www.football-italia.net/95109/barzagli-allegri-changed-my-position

Dec 2, 2016

Juventus defender Andrea Barzagli admits current Coach Max Allegri suggested a change of position when they were teammates at Pistoiese.

The 35-year-old also revealed that he studies opponents closely in order to gain an advantage on the field.

"My start in football was the start of a dreamer boy," The Fiesole-native told an event where he was guest-speaker. "I never thought of becoming a football player.

"I approached it the first time with experienced players when I was just a kid who went to training on a scooter.

"And it was the most beautiful part of my sporting life. Better than now when I want for nothing."

At the start you played in midfield, but then your former Coach Giuseppe Pillon switched your position?

"Yes, but Allegri would not exactly agree with this theory. The Coach was my teammate for six months at Pistoiese and today he takes the credit for that change of role.

"Allegri says he told Pillon to move me around. I always remember that it was him that recommended it."

What is most important for the Azzurri defender now he is older?

"I think one of the most important values is humility. I think I became what I am thanks to hard work, not rest. I'm an average player, I have become great at Juventus.

"Being humble is not to say you do not believe in yourself, it is to be aware of what you have.

"When I arrived at Juve I observed the players that represented them most. Both Pirlo and Buffon did not ever skip a workout. This is the world of Juve. And at Juve you exercise more."

How does Barzagli gain an advantage over his attacking opponents?

"I try to study the best opponents. Right, left, how they move and how they kick. I look at the percentages. The problem is if you are 50/ 50.

"The level is very high and it is not always easy in a one on one situation. I learned to be a bit cunning, in any way possible.

"In the game you have two seconds and you have to be good."

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
130779 messaggi

swcy9l.png

Barzagli: 'I was average'

http://www.football-italia.net/95110/barzagli-i-was-average

Dec 2, 2016

Italy and Juventus defender Andrea Barzagli admits that he was once an 'average footballer.'

After revealing that it was current boss Massimiliano Allegri who recommended a change of position from midfield to defence whilst the Tuscan pair were teammates, the 35-year-old spoke of his development as a player.

The Fiesole-native joined Wolfsburg in 2008, which marked a turning point in his career after spells at Chievo and Palermo.

“At that time I also became a father and it was the very first experience abroad for both myself and my wife," Barzagli told an event organised by Randstad.

"Before that, I was a completely different person, an ‘average’ footballer at Palermo, but after the World Cup in 2006 I felt that I was ready for a big club.

“In truth, I wasn’t ready just then, but when Wolfsburg came calling a couple of years later and handed me an offer that was excessive for the player I was at the time, it was an easy decision for me to join.

“There I played under Felix Magath, who completely transformed my mentality. Whenever I complained about something he told me 'You know why you’re not training well? It’s because you don’t believe in what you do.' Admittedly, I was giving only 70 or 80% in training and never touched the ball.

"It was at that point that I changed my approach and I now always give 100%.”

“I’m not particularly proud of this, but sometimes when I was at home my wife would tell me that it was as though I wasn’t there because I always had football on my mind.

“She was right: I remember after the very first league title I won at Juventus I was on holiday and couldn’t manage to think of anything other than wanting to win a second successive Scudetto. I was crazy about it.

“I don’t know what happened to me at this club, but it’s like that. I’ve had to devote a great deal of time to football, which I might have otherwise been able to spend with the family, and I hope that I can make up for that in the future.

"But then, everything we have is thanks to football. It’s my job and what’s given me purpose in life.”

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
130779 messaggi

swcy9l.png

Barzagli 'set for December return'

http://www.football-italia.net/95346/barzagli-set-december-return

Dec 7, 2016

Juventus defender Andrea Barzagli is reportedly set to return from injury much sooner than previously expected.

The 35-year-old dislocated his shoulder in the opening minutes of the Old Lady’s 2-1 victory over Chievo on November 6, and the initial prognosis revealed that Barzagli would not be able to return until early January.

Tuttosport claim that the Tuscan is training with the rest of the group and could even be available for a shock return against Roma on December 17.

Even if this does not turn out to be the case, the newspaper reports that Baragli will almost certainly be available for the Italian Supercup match against Milan in Doha on December 23.

This will be a welcome boost for Coach Max Allegri, who also has defender Leonardo Bonucci out for 6-8 weeks with a serious thigh strain.

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
130779 messaggi

swcy9l.png

Barzagli ready for Juve return

http://www.football-italia.net/96480/barzagli-ready-juve-return

Jan 6, 2017

Juventus defender Andrea Barzagli says “I’m fine now and at the Coach’s disposal” after two months out with a shoulder injury.

Barzagli has been missing since November with a dislocated shoulder, but the 35-year-old is ready to make his return, possibly this Sunday against Bologna.

“I’m fine now, I made a quick recovery, even if my priority was to get back to 100 percent,” he told Sky Sport Italia.

“My shoulder is fine now, but I’ve trained throughout so I won’t have any problems [playing. I’m at the Coach’s disposal.”

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
130779 messaggi

swcy9l.png

Fresh injury concern for Barzagli

http://www.football-italia.net/98122/fresh-injury-concern-barzagli

Feb 9, 2017

Juventus defender Andrea Barzagli will undergo medical tests today amid concerns of a thigh strain.

It has been a stop-start season for the 35-year-old, who replaced Dani Alves for the final 15 minutes of the Old Lady's 2-0 win over Crotone last night.

However, during that time the Italy international is said to have felt discomfort in the muscle of his left thigh.

He remained on the field to finish the game at the Stadio Ezio Scida, but there are now fears he could be set for more time on the sidelines.

According to Tuttosport, the extent of Barzagli's problems will be determined later today. He has already missed several weeks of Juve's season, having suffered a shoulder injury that kept him out of action for over a month between November and December.

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
130779 messaggi

swcy9l.png

Barzagli out two weeks

http://www.football-italia.net/98154/barzagli-out-two-weeks

Feb 10, 2017

Juventus defender Andrea Barzagli is expected to be out for two weeks after suffering an injury against Crotone on Wednesday evening.

The 35-year-old replaced Dani Alves in the final stages of the match and was said to have felt the discomfort after the game had finished.

Gazzetta dello Sport report that the Italian international is likely to be out for around two weeks with the problem, with an official announcement on the prognosis yet to come.

Barzagli has already suffered a lengthy spell on the sidelines this term, a dislocated shoulder sustained in early November keeping him out around six weeks.

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
130779 messaggi

swcy9l.png

Barzagli leaves Italy camp

http://www.football-italia.net/100173/barzagli-leaves-italy-camp

Mar 25, 2017

Tifosibianconeri English page - CLICK HERE

Juventus defender Andrea Barzagli has left the Italy camp ahead of Tuesday’s friendly with the Netherlands.

The centre-back had played last night’s 2-0 World Cup qualifying win against Albania at the Stadio Barbera in Palermo.

Barzagli was released from international duty this afternoon due to personal reasons.

He was not expected to start in Amsterdam anyway, as Coach Giampiero Ventura wants to try out new faces such as Daniele Rugani and Alessio Romagnoli.

Manolo Gabbiadini, Federico Bernardeschi and Giorgio Chiellini had already pulled out of international duty due to fitness issues.

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
130779 messaggi

swcy9l.png

Barzagli Italy release sparks controversy

http://www.football-italia.net/100212/barzagli-italy-release-sparks-controvers

Mar 26, 2017

Andrea Barzagli has sparked controversy, as he left the Italy squad for “personal reasons" and pictured at a club, but the DJ insists it was misconstrued.

The Juventus defender was released early from international duty on Saturday afternoon following the 2-0 win over Albania.

He won’t even travel to Holland for Tuesday’s friendly against the Netherlands in Amsterdam.

Although this early exit was officially down to “personal reasons,” suspicions have been raised on social media after a DJ published a picture on Instagram last night of him with Barzagli in a Riccione nightclub.

Napoli fans were particularly incensed, as Barzagli will therefore have more time to rest ahead of next week’s Serie A showdown at the Stadio San Paolo.

He’s not the only one, as Gonzalo Higuain, Mario Mandzukic and Dani Alves have also been released early from international duty with Argentina, Croatia and Brazil.

The DJ who posted the picture on social media, DJ Grippo, insists the situation was misconstrued.

“First of all, I want to make it clear that Andrea was having dinner with his wife and their children,” he told Gazzetta.it.

“It’s best to clarify that we are talking about a restaurant with a very delicate atmosphere that has light music in the background.

“The second and very important thing is that the photo was taken at around 10pm, when Barzagli’s family was at dinner. I posted it on social media much later, when I got home after a night at work.

“At that point, I’d assume Barzagli and his family were already asleep in their beds.”

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
130779 messaggi

swcy9l.png

Ventura reveals Barzagli ‘problems’

http://www.football-italia.net/100273/ventura-reveals-barzagli-problems

Mar 27, 2017

Giampiero Ventura has revealed that Andrea Barzagli dropped out of the Italy squad due to “problems with his wife”.

Barzagli’s withdrawal from the Italy team for games against Albania and Netherlands sparked controversy as photos of the defender out late emerged shortly after, but Ventura set the record straight ahead of Tuesday’s friendly versus the Oranje.

“Barzagli told me that he had problems at home with his wife. It took me completely by surprise,” said the Coach.

“I was surprised by the photos, but when someone’s outside Coverciano, what they do no longer affects me.

“Nothing was agreed: if a player has a problem, his non-inclusion is taken into consideration.

“Barzagli’s a professional by definition. He revealed some serious personal problems to me and we decided to go and meet him.

“We also had a meeting with the group before making our decision. My surprise? The photos seemed to have been taken at three in the morning, but then we contacted him and he explained the situation to us.”

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
130779 messaggi

swcy9l.png

Ventura: 'Clear with Barzagli'

http://www.football-italia.net/100319/ventura-clear-barzagli

Mar 28, 2017

Giampiero Ventura insists he clarified the situation with Andrea Barzagli after the defender left the Italy camp for “personal problems.”

The Juventus centre-back sparked controversy when he was allowed to leave international duty early only to then show up on the Facebook page of a DJ.

“I had a private meeting with Barzagli on his personal problems,” the Coach told Rai Sport.

“Andrea then spoke to the group and got the all-clear from everyone to take this time off. Once he had permission, what he does is none of my business.

“Naturally I was surprised when I saw that the picture was posted at 3am. Instead, it turned out to have been taken at 10pm, which is far more reasonable.

“I got (director Lele) Oriali to ring him and Barzagli confirmed he was there with his wife at 10pm to work out these personal issues.”

This evening Italy face the Netherlands in a friendly, but this weekend there is a Serie A showdown at the Stadio San Paolo.

“I have planned to go and see Napoli-Juventus. I complimented Maurizio Sarri for the Coach of the Year award and go there because I am proud to see a game that should be appreciated for its entertainment.”

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
130779 messaggi

swcy9l.png

Barzagli linked with US move

http://www.football-italia.net/101106/barzagli-linked-us-move

Apr 14, 2017

Juventus defender Andrea Barzagli has been linked with a summer move to New York Cosmos.

According to goal.com, the NASL side would like to add the 35-year-old to their squad next term with former Juventus striker Amauri currently on the books.

Such a move would be unlikely this summer however, with the veteran defender still in Coach Max Allegri’s plans and under contract for another year with the Bianconeri.

In addition to this, 2018 is a World Cup year and Barzagli will certainly be looking to stay in under the watchful gaze of Italy commissario tecnico Giampiero Ventura.

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
130779 messaggi

swcy9l.png

Barzagli: I won’t retire

http://www.football-italia.net/101608/barzagli-i-wont-retire

Apr 24, 2017

Juventus defender Andrea Barzagli insists he is not ready to retire yet as “I’ll play for as long as I feel good”.

Barzagli has fallen behind Giorgio Chiellini and Leonardo Bonucci in Juve’s centre-back pecking order this season, with Juve permanently adopting a 4-2-3-1 formation and the defender now 35.

Nonetheless, he told Premium Sport: “I’ll play for as long as I feel good.

“After that, if someone decides to send me away then I’ll just say ‘enough is enough’.

“Buffon, for example, always tells me I should stop!”

“We go into the game against Monaco in peak physical and mental condition,” he told Premium Sport.

“We’re still competing on all three fronts, we have a big squad and we’ll see how it all pans out. We’ll give our all to win everything.”

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
130779 messaggi

2ecg1uu.jpg

Barzagli: ‘Pogba still supports us’

http://www.juvefc.com/barzagli-pogba-still-supports-us/

Apr 25, 2017

Andrea Barzagli insists he’s not ready to call it a day yet, declaring: “I’ll play for as long as I feel good.”

The 35-year-old has been relegated to the bench for the second half of the season, following Juve’s switch to 4-2-3-1 and he’s been used largely as a substitute.

“I’ll play for as long as I feel good.” He told Premium Sport.

“After that, if someone decides to send me away then I’ll just say ‘enough is enough’.

“Buffon, for example, always tells me I should stop!”

“We go into the game against Monaco in peak physical and mental condition,” he told Premium Sport.

“We’re still competing on all three fronts, we have a big squad and we’ll see how it all pans out. We’ll give our all to win everything.”

In a seperate interview with La Stampa, Barzagli revealed Paul Pogba is following Juve closely this season.

“Paul made a video call,” Barzagli revealed to the paper.

“We spoke to each other, he’s happy for our results and he said he’d have liked to be here. Pogba is cheering for us, whoever leaves this group keeps in touch.

“Our strength has been the group, both on and off the pitch. It’s not enough to talk, we’re the first to be together.”

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti