Vai al contenuto
Accedi per seguire   
Socrates

Gonzalo Higuaín

130772 messaggi

swcy9l.png

Higuain praises Sarri

http://www.football-italia.net/88471/higuain-praises-sarri?

Jul 28, 2016

Gonzalo Higuain has thanked Maurizio Sarri for developing him at Napoli and also apologised for not speaking to him before joining Juventus.

The Partenopei Coach has expressed his disappointment that the 28-year-old ‘did not even take five minutes’ to call and say goodbye before his move to Turin.

However, at a Press conference to present Higuain as a Juve player, the Argentine took the opportunity to express his gratitude to his former boss.

“It was my decision to stay calm and quiet, without thinking about anything and only thinking about my holiday with my family and friends,” Higuain explained.

“He [Sarri] was very important for me and helped me develop, I greet him warmly from here. I apologise, I only have words of thanks for him.”

Higuain added that he understood that Napoli fans would be angry by his decision to join their rivals.

“I stayed silent, now I can express myself. At Napoli I had three good years, I understand that they are angry with me.

“I have seen insults, but this is a decision I have made for my own reasons. I am happy to have made it. Now I’m thinking about Juve.”

Finally, the forward said he was looking forward to playing alongside another new Old Lady signing, Dani Alves.

“He is a great player, Alves. However, Juve have a great squad in general. They are a team and play with each other and for each other. That is one of the great aspects of Juventus’ strength.”

Condividi questo messaggio

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
130772 messaggi

2ecg1uu.jpg

Higuain: ‘I couldn’t spend another minute with De Laurentiis’

http://www.juvefc.com/higuain-couldnt-spend-another-minute-de-laurentiis/?

Jul 28, 2016

Gonzalo Higuain was officially unveiled as a Juventus player and revealed the motives behind his switch from Napoli, naming Aurelio De Laurentiis as one of the reasons for his move.

The Argentine striker completed his move to Turin yesterday and gave his first official press conference earlier today,  speaking frankly about his time in Naples and his problems with Napoli chairman De Laurentiis.

“My relationship with him was never good because his way of thinking was not like mine. My choice was also influenced because he pushed me to make it.

“The problem was the relationship with him. I wouldn’t have wanted to spend another minute with him!

“After three years I understood it was over for the reasons I have given. I am grateful to my fans and team mates. I am not grateful to De Laurentiis.

“Now I am very happy and I thank Juve for the great effort they made to get me.

“Juve are an important club throughout the world. One of the reasons for coming was also linked to their big club mentality.

“They are a great team. They have a winning mentality and an incredible project. I thank Marotta, Paratici and Agnelli. Now I have to show my worth and I hope to have a great season.

“In life you make decisions by thinking about what is best for yourself. And I have done it by choosing Juve.

“Obviously it wasn’t easy, I had long days with my friends and family. The Juventus mentality is something important for a player like me.

“It was my decision to stay calm and quiet, without thinking about anything and only thinking about my holiday with my family and friends.

“Sarri was very important for me and helped me develop, I greet him warmly from here. I apologise, I only have words of thanks for him.

“I stayed silent, now I can express myself. At Napoli I had three good years, I understand that they are angry with me.

“I have seen insults, but this is a decision I have made for my own reasons. I am happy to have made it. Now I’m thinking about Juve.”

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
130772 messaggi

swcy9l.png

Higuain on Totti, treble and Del Piero

http://www.football-italia.net/88472/higuain-totti-treble-and-del-piero?

Jul 28, 2016

New Juventus signing Gonzalo Higuain has refused to respond to comments by Francesco Totti that modern footballers only chase money.

The Roma talisman has spent his entire career with the Giallorossi but earlier this week criticised the ‘nomads’ who ‘follow money and not their hearts.’

Totti’s comments were made in response to being questioned about the Bianconeri’s big money transfer activity this summer, which has seen both Miralem Pjanic and Higuain join the Old Lady from direct Serie A rivals.

“I don’t need to respond to him,” Higuain said at a Press conference today. “I’ve made my decision and am happy to have made it. I have nothing else to say.”

The 28-year-old also discussed the possibility of Juve winning the treble this season, as well as some of his new team mates.

“We need to work for that [the treble]. It won’t be easy but we’ll do everything we can to get it.

“I have played with Dybala in two matches for the national team. I’ve spoken to him and we have a good relationship.

“Juventus’ defence is extremely strong. I thank Chiellini for the message [of welcome].”

Finally, Higuain revealed the Juventus legend he most admires.

“When I was at Madrid I admired Del Piero. For me he is a great source of inspiration. I watched Juve just to see him.”

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
130772 messaggi

xofhxd.jpg

Higuain: De Laurentiis pushed me into Juventus move

The striker has hit back at claims he "betrayed" his old club by insisting he never enjoyed

a good relationship with his former president and is glad he moved to Turin.

http://www.goal.com/en-gb/news/2892/transfer-zone/2016/07/28/26023462/-?

Jul 28, 2016

Gonzalo Higuain has accused Napoli president Aurelio De Laurentiis of pushing him into the decision to join Juventus.

The Argentina international sealed a €90 million switch to the Serie A champions this week, after agreeing a five-year contract worth a reported €7.5m per season.

De Laurentiis claimed he felt "betrayed" by Higuain's decision, accusing Higuain of showing ingratitude towards Napoli despite three strong seasons with the club.

But the former Real Madrid forward has hit back at De Laurentiis, saying that the duo never saw eye-to-eye.

"My relationship with him was never good because his way of thinking was not like mine," he said at his official presentation in Turin on Thursday. "My choice also came about because he pushed me to make it.

"Now I'm very happy here and I thank Juve for their great effort to get me."

Napoli boss Maurizio Sarri had described feeling "bitter" about Higuain's decision to accept Juve's offer without consulting him, telling Corriere dello Sport:  "I was expecting at least a phone call, even if it was just for five minutes before he had his medicals.

"But I'm old enough not to be surprised. The lads also expected a farewell. As far as I know, there was nothing."

Higuain has now explained his reasons for keeping quiet on his intentions, though he understands the anger from Napoli supporters.

"I was silent, but now I can express myself," said the 28-year-old. "I had three good years in Napoli, and I understand that they are angry with me. I saw the insults, but this is a choice I made for me. I'm happy to have done it.

"It was my choice to keep calm and stay silent. I was just thinking of my holiday with my friends and family.

"He [Sarri] was very important to me, he helped me grow. I only have words of thanks for him."

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
130772 messaggi

2yvo10i.jpg

Higuain: Juventus have a winning mentality and an incredible project

Player’s first press conference after completing signing with Juve.

http://www.blackwhitereadallover.com/2016/7/28/12310240/gonzalo-higuain-

juventus-winning-mentality-incredible-project-first-press-conference-unveiling

Jul 28, 2016

Gonzalo Higuain spoke to the media today in his first press conference after completing his transfer from Napoli to Juventus.

The 28-year-old forward spoke about his time at the Naples club and his unhappy relationship with President Aurelio Di Laurentiis.

"My relationship with him was never good because his way of thinking was not like mine. My choice was also influenced because he pushed me to make it.

"The problem was the relationship with him. I wouldn’t have wanted to spend another minute with him!

"Now I am very happy and I thank Juve for the great effort they made to get me."

"I chose this team above everyone else because they are an excellent side with a very exciting project. I’m humbled by the efforts made by the club to bring here and I’m looking forward to a successful season."

On his reasons for moving to Turin -

"Juve are an important club throughout the world. One of the reasons for coming was also linked to their big club mentality.

"They are a great team. They have a winning mentality and an incredible project. I thank Marotta, Paratici and Agnelli. Now I have to show my worth and I hope to have a great season.

"In life you make decisions by thinking about what is best for yourself. And I have done it by choosing Juve.

"Obviously it wasn’t easy, I had long days with my friends and family. The Juventus mentality is something important for a player like me."

He then went into more details, as reported on Juventus’ official website -

"Everyone knows what Juve are all about. The whole setup here is based on winning and they are used to doing so. This club is built for success. I can’t wait to see what I can achieve here and to make the most of this opportunity.

"I hope to repay the faith of the club’s directors and of course to demonstrate my value in the coming season with Juventus. The efforts to bring me here were truly humbling and it is up to me to show my worth to my new fans."

On which Juventus players he admired -

"Alessandro Del Piero. I played against him with Real Madrid and he was fantastic."

The stupendous mercato that the Bianconeri have had so far by signing Miralem Pjanic, Dani Alves, Marko Pjaca and Medhi Benatia also played a big part in convincing the player -

"The ambition shown over the summer was an important factor for me. Combined with the desire of the players already here, this was an offer I could not refuse. The depth of this squad is one of its greatest strengths and the competition for places all over the field is a massive advantage for us."

On his relationship with countryman Paulo Dybala -

"I enjoyed linking up with Paulo on international duty and the video he sent to welcome me! He is a fantastic player and I’m excited to see what we can achieve together and hope we can move the club forward in the coming years."

He left the press conference with a nod to his new teammates -

"Successful sides are founded on the collective performances of the entire side and with the options we have here, ours in an excellent position to be in."

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
130772 messaggi

swcy9l.png

Higuain: ADL pushed me away

http://www.football-italia.net/88470/higuain-adl-pushed-me-away

Jul 28, 2016

Gonzalo Higuain has criticised Napoli President Aurelio De Laurentiis, saying the film producer contributed to his Partenopei exit.

The 28-year-old forward was presented to the media as a Juventus player on Thursday and admitted at a Press conference that he never enjoyed a good relationship with the Azzurri chief.

“My relationship with him was never good because his way of thinking was not like mine,” Higuain told journalists. “My choice was also influenced because he pushed me to make it.

“The problem was the relationship with him. I wouldn’t have wanted to spend another minute with him!

“After three years I understood it was over for the reasons I have given. I am grateful to my fans and team mates. I am not grateful to De Laurentiis.

“Now I am very happy and I thank Juve for the great effort they made to get me.”

Argentine Higuain, who scored 36 Serie A goals last season, also cited Juventus’ ‘winning mentality’ as a factor in his move to Turin.

“Juve are an important club throughout the world. One of the reasons for coming was also linked to their big club mentality.

“They are a great team. They have a winning mentality and an incredible project. I thank Marotta, Paratici and Agnelli. Now I have to show my worth and I hope to have a great season.

“In life you make decisions by thinking about what is best for yourself. And I have done it by choosing Juve.

“Obviously it wasn’t easy, I had long days with my friends and family. The Juventus mentality is something important for a player like me.”

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
130772 messaggi

xofhxd.jpg

Higuain, Pjanic & Alves no guarantee of Juve success - Allegri

The Serie A champions have made some big signings over the transfer window, but the coach

insists they must work to reap the benefits of their investments.

http://www.goal.com/en-gb/news/3276/serie-a/2016/07/29/26046892/-?

Jul 29, 2016

Massimiliano Allegri has warned that Juventus' expensive recruitment drive during the transfer window is no guarantee of success.

Juve forked out €90 million to land Gonzalo Higuain from Serie A rivals Napoli this week, representing the third-highest fee in history.

Higuain's arrival followed the champions signing Miralem Pjanic, Medhi Benatia, Marko Pjaca and Dani Alves, although the expected world-record sale of Paul Pogba to Manchester United is set to fund some of Juve's business.

But head coach Allegri says that Juve cannot take anything for granted as they seek a sixth consecutive league title and a renewed challenge on the Champions League.

"Higuain is a great signing, as are all the newcomers," Allegri told a news conference.

"The squad is taking shape. The club has enjoyed a fine transfer window, furnishing us with a competitive squad.

"But we cannot rest on our laurels. Getting results is something we cannot take for granted and we have to work hard to win."

Paulo Dybala also addressed the media on Friday and he spoke of his delight at the arrival of Argentina team-mate Higuain.

"I know Higuain while playing for the national team," he added. "We're happy to welcome a real champion into our dressing room.

"He had already expressed to me his desire to come to Juventus."

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
130772 messaggi

swcy9l.png

Del Piero thanks and welcomes Higuain

http://www.football-italia.net/88510/del-piero-thanks-and-welcomes-higuain?

Jul 29, 2016

Alessandro Del Piero has welcomed Gonzalo Higuain to Juventus following his arrival in Turin.

The 28-year-old forward was presented as a Bianconeri player on Thursday and, during a Press conference, singled out the Old Lady legend as a player he admired.

In response, Del Piero took to social media to thank the Argentine for his kind words and to wish him the best at Juventus Stadium.

“Ciao Pipita, welcome to Juventus and thank you for your nice words,” he wrote.

“I wish you the best. Come on!”

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
130772 messaggi

swcy9l.png

‘If ADL wants a war, he can have one’

http://www.football-italia.net/88506/‘if-adl-wants-war-he-can-have-one’

Jul 29, 2016

Gonzalo Higuain’s brother and agent has told Aurelio De Laurentiis that ‘he can have a war if he wants one.’

The Napoli President is furious about the way his Argentine forward left for Serie A rivals Juventus, branding the 28-year-old ‘a traitor’ earlier in the week.

Speaking at a Press conference on Thursday, Higuain responded by saying he ‘did not want to spend another minute with De Laurentiis,’ also citing his poor relationship with the film producer as a reason for his departure from San Paolo.

“If De Laurentiis wants a war, he will have it,” Nicolas Higuain responded when asked for his thoughts on the row.

However, he would not elaborate any further, adding: “We will talk about it in a few days, but not now. It is Gonzalo’s day.”

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
130772 messaggi

swcy9l.png

Father: Higuain did nothing wrong

http://www.football-italia.net/88513/father-higuain-did-nothing-wrong

Jul 29, 2016

Gonzalo Higuain’s father has defended his son, insisting he did nothing wrong by joining Juventus from Napoli.

There has been an ugly fall-out from the Argentine’s move to Turin, with Partenopei President Aurelio De Laurentiis branding him a traitor and Higuain responding by saying the film producer was a key factor in his decision to leave.

“Gonzalo left Napoli because his relationship with the President had broken down,” Jorge Higuain told El Exprimidor.

“He didn’t do anything bad, because in the contract there was the possibility of joining another team.”

Higuain Senior also expressed his hope that the Napoli fans will remember his son’s contribution to their club.

“When he goes back to San Paolo he will have to live with the insults and boos, something that happens in football.

“I hope it doesn’t happen, because he was the leader of the team and got Napoli back in the Champions League.”

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
130772 messaggi

swcy9l.png

Higuain: A great dressing room

http://www.football-italia.net/88522/higuain-great-dressing-room

Jul 29, 2016

Gonzalo Higuain says he has been told by everyone that he can expect excellent camaraderie at Juventus.

The 28-year-old took part in a Q & A session on Friday, answering questions sent in by fans to the Bianconeri’s official television channel.

“I am very happy with my decision, I hope to have a great year,” Higuain said of his move from Napoli.

“I have had the chance to play here on other occasions, it’s a beautiful stadium and hopefully it will be a happy place.

“I have met some of the boys and we got on very well, I still haven’t met some of them but everyone tells me it’s a great dressing room.”

The Argentine then reiterated his admiration for club legend Alessandro Del Piero.

“One player who always made me go crazy was Del Piero!”

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
130772 messaggi

xofhxd.jpg

Higuain out to emulate Del Piero at Juventus

The Argentina international joined the Italian giants for a fee of €90 million earlier

this week and is now hoping to emulate the club legend in the coming months.

http://www.goal.com/en/news/723/serie-a/2016/07/29/26066052/-?

Jul 29, 2016

New Juventus signing Gonzalo Higuain is keen to follow in the footsteps of club icon Alessandro Del Piero following his €90 million transfer from Napoli.

The Argentina international signed a five-year deal with Juventus this week to end all speculation about his future and he has now revealed that club legend Del Piero has always been one of his idols.

Del Piero enjoyed domestic and European success during his 19-year career at the Turin club and Higuain said during a Q&A with Juventus fans: "Del Piero is a player who I have always enjoyed watching.

"Del Piero has been an inspiration for me throughout my career."

Compatriot Paulo Dybala, meanwhile, has made it clear that Higuain was desperate to seal a move to the Serie A champions.

"I got to know Gonzalo in the national team, that's how our friendship began," the Juventus forward said at a news conference.

"We exchanged plenty of messages over the past few days and he told me how much he wanted to play here.

"He'll be happy now and we're delighted to welcome a footballer of his calibre to this club."

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
130772 messaggi

xofhxd.jpg

'Choker' Higuain a big risk for Champions League-chasing Juventus

The Serie A title holders expect the striker to fire them to European glory, but history

suggests there's no guarantee of goals from the Argentine when it matters most.

http://www.goal.com/en/news/14302/comment/2016/07/30/26070212/-?

Jul 30, 2016

How has it come to pass that Juventus signed Gonzalo Higuain thinking that he’s the man to win them the Champions League? What has happened in Higuain’s career to convince Juventus that he is the right man for this particular job? Juve have paid the €90 million buyout clause in Higuain’s Napoli contract. President Aurelio De Laurentiis said only a “madman” would pay it. Now it’s been done, what does that say about Juventus and this hugely risky move?

Higuain ends Juve’s search for a Serie A top goalscorer – they have not had the league’s leading marksman in their squad for about a decade – but there is no indication whatsoever that the Argentine will deliver them that which he has been signed to do. Juventus are out on their own in Italy – signing Higuain and Roma’s Miralem Pjanic were power moves to weaken potential domestic rivals. The Scudetto may as well be handed over to them right now. Higuain proved to be a consummate goal-scorer through his three-season stay at Napoli, scoring 71 goals in just over 100 Serie A matches, and if things go right for him he’ll be top scorer again next season. But that’s not what he’s there for.

higuain-paratici-marotta-juventus_hlbx6t

Juventus will win the Serie A title to make it six in a row; no longer a mere period of domestic domination but the new norm. The club did not exercise Higuain’s release clause to win the Scudetto. They paid it for the Champions League but Higuain might not be up to it. Just because Juve paid €90m for him, that doesn’t make him a €90m player.

Higuain was discarded by Real Madrid for less than half the money that Juventus paid to Napoli. He was unsuited to the unique pressures at competing at one of Europe’s super clubs with focus entirely on the biggest prizes. That is the situation into which he has walked at Juventus. He only scored nine Champions League goals in seven seasons at Real Madrid. His total in about 50 Champions League matches stands at 13. It is simply not a competition in which he has excelled. Higuain’s suitability for the big occasion is questionable at best.

It is jokingly claimed that Lionel Messi would have a cabinet full of international trophies were it not for Higuain. He missed massive chances for Argentina in the 2014 World Cup final and the 2015 Copa America while he could have done more in this year’s Copa Centenario final too. He will also be remembered at Madrid for his disastrous miss in the 2010 Champions League last 16 tie against Lyon which saw his side eliminated by away goals. He also failed to capitalise on Gerard Pique’s early howler in the 2012 Copa del Rey quarter-final, placing the ball wide of Pinto’s goal after only 10 seconds. Madrid were again eliminated. He possessed neither the skill nor mettle when it really mattered.

And although his goals for Napoli saw him revered for a while like Diego Maradona, he missed a penalty against Lazio on the last day of the 2014-15 season that would have taken them into the Champions League. He does not have the track record of a striker ready to take Juventus to the next level.

Instead they would have been better to place more faith in Paulo Dybala. He will likely have to play a supply role for Higuain this season when he should now become the focal point of Juve’s attack. If Massmiliano Allegri decides to change to a three-man attack in order to best accommodate Higuain’s main capabilities then Dybala could find himself sidelined.

Maurizio Sarri, the Napoli coach, tried to play Higuain in a two-man strike force at the start of last season and slumped to one defeat and two draws. The 4-3-3 with Higuain central was restored quickly.

Then there’s the price. If €110m, €130m or whatever the final fee for Paul Pogba might result as is being described on the high side, what does that say for Higuain?

It’s the Champions League or bust for Higuain and Juventus. The club itself has a historic inbuilt choke reflex in this competition with four finals lost in their last four outings while Higuain could be put in that bracket too. It’s a signing with no guarantees.

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
130772 messaggi

2yvo10i.jpg

Gonzalo Higuaín to Juventus: Smile! Everybody’s watching!

http://www.blackwhitereadallover.com/2016/8/1/12324492/gonzalo-higuain-

juventus-2016-serie-a-summer-transfers-champions-league

Aug 1, 2016

I'm a musician of sorts, and on my way to give a very special performance.

V - V for Vendetta

It’s the conversation that everybody is having, everywhere. You can’t avoid it, you can’t stop thinking about it and, if you’re like me, you’re still struggling to comprehend the gravity of the event. On July 26, 2016, Gonzalo Gerardo Higuaín almost signed for Arsenal completed his infamous transfer from Napoli to Juventus. It was, and still is, a transfer that sent shockwaves throughout the league and continent.

Although most Juventini on this blog have been fans since the 90s early 2000s, I only became one with the club in 2005. Even though Juve gradually rebuilt its empire after the infamous scandal of 2006, the team was always only considered dangerous underdogs at most. We were respected, but, in my opinion, never truly feared internationally. People never quite got out of their seats for Juve in the same way that they would for the so-called elite clubs like Bayern or Barcelona. It’s something I’ve become used to since I became a fan but heck, I didn’t care. I knew how great this team was and I was always aware of its true strength, as was evidenced bymarvelous victories against Real Madrid and Manchester City, and a performance of champions against Bayern München. Better yet, I took pride in this: you patronize us like we’re nothing yet we continually prove you wrong.

Ah, how things have now changed.

This is the first time since I became a Juve fan that the club has made such a monumental transfer. Sure, the Paulo Dybala and Miralem Pjanic transfers were big, but they were purchased for what are, in the context of today’s market, relatively moderate fees (€32 million euros). I’ve grown accustomed to the very quiet, low-key free transfers, loans-with-option-to-buy, and purchases of underappreciated players. This is also a tremendous source of pride for me as a Juventino: we don’t have to break world-record fees time after time after time simply because our competitive advantage allows us to spot talent better, faster, and cheaper than other clubs do (ok, maybe not ALL the time). In light of this, the Higuaín transfer made me feel very… strange.

Is this a sign of things to come?

Are we going to be like everybody else?

Are we going to be part of arms races every transfer window by splashing hundreds of millions of euros for big players?

These are uncomfortable questions to ask because I don’t know how comfortable I’ll be with this type of future. Don’t get me wrong, I’m absolutely delighted to see Higuaín join Juventus. I’m just unhappy about the circumstances in which this happened and the precedent this might set.

The more things change, the more they stay the same.

Jean-Baptiste Alphonse Karr

Nevertheless, there’s no doubt about one thing: the whole world is watching us now. All kinds of (social) media circles and fan groups are buzzing with the news of this transfer. For the first time in forever, it’s no longer this irritating underdog or ‘dark-horses’ chatter. It seems likelegitimate fear for a legitimate challenger to the status quo. Again, this feeling is strange and a tad uncomfortable. Like the shy kid at school that strikes gold by somehow befriending the popular kids, the sudden spotlight on Juventus is overwhelming. Am I just seeing what I want to see, am I overstating things, or are things truly changing?

"I get nervous before every performance, but I need that feeling."

Jhin

I hope the players don’t have this type of stage-fright like I do and instead embrace the spotlight, conquer those nerves, and turn them into fuel to extend our domestic domination onto the international scene!

When does a dream become an obsession?

A natural consequence of the Higuaín transfer was the talk about the trophy with the big ears. All the talk within the Juve camp — amongst fans, at least — is about winning the Champions League. However, it was different when it was just us. Now, like I said before, the whole world is watching so the high expectations from within the camp is matched by those outside of it. What was once a dream and an aspiration, has now become a demand and, potentially, an obsession.

You see, I’ve always feared obsessions. They can cloud your judgment, overwhelm and consume you, and cause you to underperform due to the pressure. It becomes a do-or-die situation, an all-or-nothing where the fear of failure overpowers the desire for success. However, obsessions can also push you to reach levels that you thought were never achievable before. So which one will it be?

In the end, only we ourselves can guard against our obsessions.

Arno - Assassin’s Creed Unity

Speaking of emotions, if you thought Juve fans were angry after the Arturo Vidal deal last summer, well then you don’t wanna feel the wrath of Napoli fans — and Aurelio De Laurentiis — right now. These kinds of reactions are, unfortunately, inevitable and predictable. It demonstrates the very delicate nature of the bond between a player and the club, and, more importantly, the bond between a player and the fans. It reminded me that we, as fans, must remember that we cannot let the emotion of the game consume us. These kinds of transfers test the boundaries of people’s emotions and tolerance and it’s up to us whether we rise above the anger or, like many Napoli fans now, let it consume us.

Emotions can grant you strength. But you must never let them overpower you. 

Winter Schnee - RWBY

Well, my fratelli, now that we’ve got the world’s attention this season, it’s time to embrace the spotlight, embrace the audience, and put up a performance that they will never forget.

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
130772 messaggi

xofhxd.jpg

"€1 pizza when Higuain picks up first injury!" -

Naples restaurant's offer on new Juve striker

The Argentina ace set a new record by scoring the most goals in a single Serie A campaign

with 36 strikes last term before moving to Turin, much to the anger of the Partenopei.

http://www.goal.com/en-gb/news/4160/extra-time/2016/08/01/26127842/-?

Aug 1, 2016

We've seen supporters burning shirts when a player leaves the club, but a restaurant in Naples has gone one better following Gonzalo Higuain's Napoli departure.

Local eatery 'Show Pizza' has offered €1 pizza when the 28-year-old striker suffers his first injury for his new club, and bitter rivals, Juventus. No, really.

The Argentina international has endured a torrent of abuse in the wake of his €90 million transfer to Turin in July, including some select words from one-club man Francesco Totti of Roma.

However, celebrating with cheap grub may take the bite away for the Napoli fans as Higuain - who scored 71 goals in 104 games for them - searches for a slice of silverware at his new club.

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
130772 messaggi

xlf6gm.gif

Gonzalo Higuain can fill Paul Pogba's

boots at Juventus - Marco Tardelli

http://www.espnfc.co.uk/juventus/story/2921830/gonzalo-higuain-

can-fill-paul-pogbas-boots-at-juventus-marco-tardelli

Aug 2, 2016

Former Juventus midfielder Marco Tardelli has said Gonzalo Higuain can ensure the club cope with the absence of Paul Pogba should the France international sign for Manchester United.

Last week, Higuain, 28, signed for Juventus from Napoli for €90 million ahead of Pogba's expected €120m switch to United.

Of Pogba's potential exit, Tardelli told Gazzetta World: "They would lose a great player but would receive so much money. It's a deal that can be done."

Asked about Higuain, Tardelli said the Argentina striker will bring "goals, so many goals" and paired with Paulo Dybala could become another incarnation of former Juve strike partnership David Trezeguet and Alessandro Del Piero.

He said: "A perfect tandem. They compare very well with Trezeguet-Del Piero. Higuain and Dybala are perfect on paper because Higuain, in addition to lashing the ball into the net, he's also good at providing assists with his South American feet."

Tardelli also feels that Higuain should inherit Pogba's No. 10 shirt, if he leaves the Serie A champions this summer.

"He must wear it," Tardelli said. "The boy has the head for it. Quality and personality in industrial-size doses. The No. 10 shirt is his."

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
130772 messaggi

swcy9l.png

Higuain agent: ADL an actor

http://www.football-italia.net/88673/higuain-agent-adl-actor

Aug 2, 2016

Gonzalo Higuain’s brother and agent has continued his public row with Napoli President Aurelio De Laurentiis.

The Argentine forward joined Juventus last week from the Partenopei in a deal worth €90m, the third-highest transfer fee of all time.

Since then, the 28-year-old and his entourage have insisted that the San Paolo chief was one of the main factors behind his decision to leave Campania, with the film producer hitting back by labelling Higuain ‘either an actor or a false person.’

“De Laurentiis said that Higuain isn’t a great actor, but in my opinion the President is!” Nicolas Higuain said to Sportitalia.

“Naples is great, we have a great relationship with the city. We only fell out with the club.

“We have an idea and a lot of Neapolitans understand that the problem wasn’t with the fans or environment, the problem was De Laurentiis’ way of thinking.

“Regardless of everything I think he was very happy to have got €90m from Juve.”

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
130772 messaggi

xofhxd.jpg

De Laurentiis was happy to sell Higuain - agent

The Argentine striker's brother and agent insists the Napoli president was happy

with the €90 million Juventus paid for him this summer, despite his criticism.

http://www.goal.com/en-gb/news/3276/serie-a/2016/08/02/26172772/-?

Aug 2, 2016

Gonzalo Higuain's agent and brother insists Napoli president Aurelio De Laurentiis is glad to have sold the Argentine forward.

The 28-year-old has suffered significant backlash from Napoli fans after joining Juventus last week, with De Laurentiis stating he is either "a liar or an actor".

However, his representative and sibling, Nicolas Higuain, believes De Laurentiis is happy with the €90 million he received for the player.

"Aurelio De Laurentiis said Gonzalo is a great actor," he told Sportitalia. "I think instead the president of Napoli is.

"I think the president of Napoli was very happy to have received €90m from Juventus."

And the agent continued to defend Higuain, stating he has made the right move for his career.

"For Gonzalo, Juve is a challenge, because there is now the chance to fight for the Scudetto and the Champions League," he said. 

"Every person in this game defends their own interests."

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
130772 messaggi

swcy9l.png

Juninho: 'Higuain top, but Gabigol...'

http://www.football-italia.net/88705/juninho-higuain-top-gabigol

Aug 3, 2016

Juninho Pernambucano believes Juventus' new signing Gonzalo Higuain is among the world's best, but Gabigol doesn't compare to Neymar.

The former Lyon icon was interviewed by Tuttosport on the subject of the Old Lady's transfer campaign, and he was very impressed particularly with the signing of the Argentine striker from Napoli.

“He's one of the best alongside [Karim] Benzema, [Robert] Lewandowski and Cristiano Ronaldo, who played as a #9 at the Euros,” said Juninho. “I heard of his transfer from Napoli to Juventus. In Italy, changing clubs in this way increases pressure, but Juventus are still Juventus.

“Higuain, like all top players, has an amazing personality, a lot of talent and all the numbers necessary to become a leader of the Bianconeri's attack.

“I think Juventus should start out very strongly in the championship so they can then focus on the Champions League.

“They mustn't underestimate Serie A, and they must go into the Champions League with a humble mentality, even while being aware they can win it. This year they have everything they need to go all the way.”

Juninho then discussed another of the Old Lady's targets on the transfer market, Brazilian wonderkid Gabigol, who is currently hotly contested with Inter.

“He's a youngster who gives his best when he plays on the right. He's a left-footed player who leads the ball well and is good at getting into the box.

“He must improve tactically, sometimes he holds on to the ball for too long when he should speed up play. He must develop, but he has the talent to play in teams of the calibre of Juventus, Inter and Barcelona.

“Much will depend on the effort and intelligence that he'll show when he comes to Europe, and also on the way he integrates. Brazilians normally need a bit of warmth.

“Gabigol as the new Neymar? I wouldn't say so, because in Brazil there aren't any players like Neymar, who can combine speed, impressive turns in direction, talent and ability in finding the goal. Neymar is unique.”

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
130772 messaggi

swcy9l.png

Buffon backs Higuain to prove worth

http://www.football-italia.net/88780/buffon-backs-higuain-prove-worth?

Aug 4, 2016

Juventus goalkeeper Gigi Buffon has backed new signing Gonzalo Higuain to thrive at the club.

The Argentine forward recently arrived in Turin from Napoli for a fee of €90m, the third highest in history.

During an interview with Sky Sport, Old Lady legend Buffon outlined the attributes he believes will make the 28-year-old a big hit at Juventus Stadium.

“Higuain? He could count for a lot,” Buffon remarked. “I think this because of his history as a player, the teams he has played for and the goals he has scored.

“The physical presence and the character are also there.”

The shot-stopper added the Juve’s new signings mean there is much room for improvement at the club, despite five successive Scudetto victories.

“However, there have also been other important players who have arrived. I think we can improve a lot.”

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
130772 messaggi

14jstat.gif

Gianluigi Buffon praises Gonzalo Higuain's

courage after Napoli to Juventus transfer

Juventus goalkeeper Gianluigi Buffon has praised the courage of striker Gonzalo Higuain who

joined the Turin club from Serie A rivals Napoli last month, sparking an angry reaction from fans.

http://www.skysports.com/football/news/12961/10522642/gianluigi-buffon-

praises-gonzalo-higuains-courage-after-napoli-to-juventus-transfer?

Aug 4, 2016

Juventus signed the Argentina striker for 90m euros (£75.25m), the third most expensive transfer ever in world football.

The deal put an end to a transfer saga that had provoked a vitriolic response from Napoli fans, who were angry that Higuain would leave them for a direct rival.

"I believe that a player who has the courage to make such a choice demonstrates a great personality," Buffon told Sky Sport Italia on Thursday.

"Someone like Higuain, who over three years at Napoli scored loads of goals, has the right to choose another destination."

Ahead of the move, Napoli supporters gathered in the city centre to set fire to Higuain replica shirts.

There were protests against the player and the club, and former Napoli forward Diego Maradona admitted he was hurt by the sale.

Higuain scored 36 goals in Serie A last season to break Gunnar Nordahl's 66-year-old record for the most top flight goals in Italy in a single campaign.

"He can have an enormous impact on our squad," added Buffon.

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
130772 messaggi

swcy9l.png

Juve debut for Higuain

http://www.football-italia.net/88884/juve-debut-higuain?

Aug 7, 2016

Gonzalo Higuain is in line to make his Juventus debut against West Ham United later on Sunday.

The Argentine recently completed a €90m transfer to Turin from Serie A rivals Napoli, the third-highest fee ever paid for a player.

Max Allegri’s team are in London this afternoon for a pre-season friendly with the Premier League outfit, for what is the official opening of the Hammers’ tenure in their new stadium.

According to Gazzetta dello Sport, Old Lady fans will get their a glimpse of their new forward in action in a Bianconeri shirt, with Higuain’s fellow new signings Dani Alves, Miralem Pjanic, Mehdi Benatia and Marko Pjaca also featuring.

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
130772 messaggi

xofhxd.jpg

Belly flop: Heavy Higuain needs to lose weight fast at Juventus

The €90 million signing was deservedly mocked for taking to the field during Sunday's friendly

against West Ham looking badly overweight - just a fortnight before the start of t....

http://www.goal.com/en/news/723/serie-a/2016/08/09/26346252/-?

Aug 9, 2016

Gonzalo Higuain's decision to leave Napoli for bitter rivals Juventus did not go down well in Naples. Some Partenopei supporters burned their No.9 jerseys; others flushed them down the toilet. Meanwhile, one Neapolitan restaurant promised its patrons Margherita pizzas for just €1 when their former idol suffered his first injury in Turin. Customers might now be entitled to at least enquire about a discount because while Higuain is not technically injured, he is certainly not fit to play.

The €90 million man made his first appearance in a Juventus shirt on Sunday - it did not flatter him. Higuain looked overweight, prompting widespread ridicule on social media networks.

Aurelio De Laurentiis must have afforded himself a wry smile. In February of this year, he accused the striker of being a kilo and a half overweight. "It’s like running with a block of concrete," the Napoli president sniped.

Higuain is, as Napoli coach Maurizio Sarri has previously stated, a "sensitive" soul. He does not always react well to criticism and he was not best pleased at being publicly mocked by his president - particularly as nobody was doing more than he to sustain the Partenopei's Scudetto challenge. Indeed, the barb played a key part in the complete capitulation of the pair's relationship.

However, there is no denying that Higuain is prone to piling on the pounds. He acknowledged that himself last summer when confronted by Sarri at Napoli's pre-season training camp at Dimaro. "You're too lazy," the coach stated. "If you don't change your attitude, you won't become the best centre forward in the world."

cartoon-big-fat-higuain_11x8bmpz1086t1c5

Credit to Higuain, he took the blunt assessment of his physical and mental state square on the chin, redoubling his efforts in training, changing his diet and ultimately shedding four kilograms before the start of what would be the season of his life.

Indeed, it was Higuain's heroics last term that persuaded Juventus to pay a staggering €90m for a player who will turn 29 later this year. The former Real Madrid man broke the single-season Serie A goalscoring record by netting 36 times in just 35 matches - but he looked nothing like a lean, mean goal machine during his cameo appearance against the Hammers.

With the start of the Serie A season less than a fortnight away, that was both surprising and disappointing. Massimiliano Allegri insisted that he was unconcerned by his new No.9's physical condition.

"Gonzalo played a good game in spite of the fact that he is a little bit behind in terms of fitness," the Juventus told the Gazzetta dello Sport. "He's like the others that returned late from the Euros: they're a bit behind the rest.

"At the moment, we have two groups that are working at different speeds but this is normal.

"Besides, Gonzalo showed his quality in three or four passages of play. He just has to get to know his team-mates better - and vice versa.

"I don't think he's under any pressure, though. He started working with us 10 days ago and he's training well.

"The important thing is to have a group of high-quality attackers so that we can give him time to work away."

gonzalo-higuain-serie-a-stats_1lsj7y1hsu

On the evidence of Sunday, he will certainly need some extra sessions to get up to speed. Indeed, it seems unlikely that Higuain will start Juve's league opener against Fiorentina on Saturday week - particularly with Paulo Dybala, Mario Mandzukic and Simone Zaza looking sharper and in better shape than their new colleague. All three netted in the 3-2 win in London and Dybala issued a mild warning to his compatriot afterwards.

"Gonzalo is a 'bomber', and it's not just me saying it," the 22-year-old told the Gazzetta. "He scored 36 goals last year, setting a new Serie A record. We hope we can help him score a lot, and that he can help us in the championship in return.

"Of course, it's going to be much more difficult for him here at Juve, because there's a great deal of competition. Mario is in good condition too and he's proving it."

Now the onus is very much on Higuain to get himself in good condition and quickly set about proving that Juve haven't just flushed €90m down the toilet.

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
130772 messaggi

swcy9l.png

Prosinecki: ‘Higuain is a pig!’  :|

http://www.football-italia.net/89109/prosinecki-‘higuain-pig’

Aug 11, 2016

Azerbaijan Coach Robert Prosinecki is “shocked” by Juventus striker Gonzalo Higuain - “he’s even fatter than me!”

The Argentinian striker has joined the Bianconeri for a Serie A record fee of €90m, but looked out of shape on his first appearance against West Ham United.

“When I saw him I was shocked,” former Croatian international Prosinecki exclaimed in an interview with Jutarnji List.

“He’s even fatter than me. Juventus paid €90m for Higuain and a pig arrived in Turin instead. I can imagine [Coach] Max Allegri’s shock after insisting so much on his signing.

“In the end though, I’m sure they’ll get him in shape quickly.”

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
130772 messaggi

2yvo10i.jpg

BWRAO Roundtable: Gonzalo Higuain signing

with Juventus, your thoughts?

hhttp://www.blackwhitereadallover.com/2016/8/11/12406272/bwrao-roundtable-

juventus-gonzalo-higuain-2016-serie-a-summer-transfers

Aug 11, 2016

And here we thought last summer was one where Juventus started to spend a little more than usual in an attempt to build a squad capable of competing with the European heavyweights. This summer has been another step or two forward in that direction, with money being thrown around like few times we've seen in the last decade or two.

The biggest signing of them all is that of striker Gonzalo Higuain, who arrived for €90 million after Juventus activated his release clause to the ire of many Napoli fans both in Italy and abroad.

Higuain arrives at Juventus not only as the most expensive player ever brought in during the club's illustrious history, but also after a year in which he lit Serie A absolutely on fire. As great as Paulo Dybala's 2015-16 season was, Higuain's was just that much better. His 36 goals accounted for nearly half of Napoli's goal tally was the first time a Serie A striker scored over 30 goals since Luca Toni was with Fiorentina a decade ago.

Higuain's arrival begged the obvious question that needed to be addressed in a post...

What do you think of the signing?

(See, obvious!)

Because of that simple and obvious question, we bring you another edition of the BWRAO Roundtable. This time we discuss Mr. Gonzalo Higuain. Not covered, at least for now, was what Higuain was up to on his post-Copa America holiday. (Feasting on some good food, probably.)

Calvin

The move reeks of Juventus gambling it all on getting that elusive Champions League trophy. I am glad we didn't have to give up any of the young and upcoming players for Higuain. Of course, if Juve do anything less than win the 'Big Ears' then the haters are going to love gloating and piling on the misery.

As for the player himself, for someone who has famously 'choked' in the past when the pressure is on, he's going to have to get over that sword of Damocles that is going to hang over his head for the rest of his Bianconeri career as soon as he steps on the turf, because every move he makes will be under a €90 million spotlight.

Kaushik

The million dollar question. First things first, yes, I'm thrilled by this signing. Looking at the year gone by, I think the place we struggle most is being ruthless in front of goal. Higuain adds a killer touch in the final third that Mandzukic, despite his brilliant hold up play, and even Morata, just couldn't provide. As for the choker remarks and whatnot, I think our biggest issue is "getting past the minnows," more than facing the giants.

With someone like Higuain, you can be sure the Sevilla and Borussia Monchengladbach games would have gone differently. That's where he will truly make a difference. And who knows, a striker who's peaking — maybe being around winners like Gigi Buffon, BBC, Dani Alves, etc., will bring out the best in him in the big games, too.

The fee is the only real question mark. I guess the on-field success will prove Marotta and Paratici either right or wrong in their assessment. Here's hoping that rumor about Exor stepping in and giving us a financial boost is true!

Francesco

I think Higuain is the first true striker we've had since David Trezeguet. He is a clinical finisher and someone who should be welcomed at Juventus with open arms. His partnership with Dybala will hopefully be something special and will contribute many years of joy for us. It will be interesting to see how Allegri manages the game time between Dybala, Higuain, Mandzukic, Pjaca (and possibly Zaza). The boss knows best, and I'm sure he will manage it perfectly.

The price tag is hefty and will be mentioned continuously if he doesn't preform for Juve — especially on Tuesdays/ Wednesday nights. If he does manage to bag 20-plus goals and helps Juventus attain its seasonal objectives, the price tag will be a long forgotten memory. Remember the price Real played for Gareth Bale? Beaten down and dissected countless times throughout his first season; now with Bale owns two Champions League medals and questions have completely disappeared.

What's most important is that we don't dwell on Higuain's achievements while at Napoli, it will not be a colossal failure if he doesn't score 36 goals in Serie A this year. Remember this is Juventus. He is not required to be THE guy on this team and I think that will play into Higuain's favor.

Jose T.

The price tag was obviously ridiculous, and on its own it seems difficult to justify from a business perspective. However, I think it's fair to say that this is what the team's transfer strategy over the past few years has led to. Juventus has spent a good number of years finding gems on free transfers like Andrea Pirlo, Paul Pogba, Kingsley Coman and Fernando Llorente; not to mention bargain buys like Andrea Barzagli, Arturo Vidal and Carlos Tevez.

Savviness in the transfer market put us right on the edge of being on par with the likes of Bayern, Real, and Barcelona. Taking that last step by, yes, overpaying for one player seems perfectly acceptable to me.

From a football perspective, I can't find much to really complain about. He's not the youngest, but he compliments Dybala perfectly, and he's proved he can score like nobody else in Serie A. I'd keep an eye on the fact that we're replacing Morata, who has developed a reputation for scoring in big games, with Higuain who has highlight reels of just his finals misses. That said, he's one of the best strikers in the world and I think fans should be very happy to have him.

Johann

I wrote an article arguing against signing Gonzalo Higuain last month. In summary, considering his age and propensity to buckle under pressure, I thought that he was not worth the money paid to sign him. While we can't deny that potentially he makes us way more dangerous up front, but was he really worth it?

Also, how will he fit in? Higuain is usually at his best playing as a lone striker, while Juventus generally plays with two up front. Either we shoehorn him into a system that's not using him as his best, or switch systems to accommodate him to get the best out of him. At 28 years old, and costing that much, there isn't much time for Higuain to have to settle in. He'll be expected to light it up from day one.

Plus with the added pressure of that price tag over his head, well we know how "well" he does under pressure.

Mario Mandzukic and Paulo Dybala have already struck up a classic big man-little man strike partnership and should ideally be the first choice partnership going forward. I'm not upset that we signed Higuain, I just think that is wasn't very necessary. But he's here, and here's to hoping he can replicate his form from last season and take us to where we want to go this season.

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti