Vai al contenuto
Accedi per seguire   
Socrates

Gonzalo Higuaín

130772 messaggi

xofhxd.jpg

Higuain slowly approaching top form

The Argentine forward hit his fifth goal for the Bianconeri as they eased

to victory over Dinamo Zagreb, and he believes he is now close to his best.

http://www.goal.com/en/news/723/serie-a/2016/09/28/27975892/

higuain-slowly-approaching-top-form?ICID=TP_HN_2

Sep 29, 2016

Juventus striker Gonzalo Higuain feels he is slowly approaching top form following his transfer from Napoli.

The Argentina international joined Juventus in a deal worth €90million, but struggled for match fitness in his first few weeks in Turin.

He netted his fifth goal in all competitions in Tuesday's 4-0 Champions League win over Dinamo Zagreb, though, and is pleased with the way things are going.

"I'm in good form and getting better little by little," Higuain told the club's official website. 

"I feel great, everyone at Juventus has made me feel welcome from my very first day here. I'm really happy.

"We're all improving. I understand my team-mates and they understand me, even though I've only been here two months.

"Of course, when you're winning it's much easier

"We're working hard all the time and us new signings are becoming more and more comfortable with the playing system. We have lots of room for improvement, though."

Condividi questo messaggio

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
130772 messaggi

34e7ujn.jpg

Batigol unsure on Higuain comparisons

http://www.football-italia.net/92270/batigol-unsure-higuain-comparisons

Sep 30, 2016

Fiorentina and Argentina legend Gabriel Batistuta admits he is unsure about claims that Gonzalo Higuain is his “heir”.

Batistuta was speaking at a Press conference for the purposes of promoting a charity match at his former Fiorentina hunting ground on October 3, where he was faced with questions about how Higuain would fare at Juventus.

“Higuain? The Press say he’s my heir, but I do not know,” he mused.

“I’m just happy with what I did [in my career]. He can do better or worse, who knows.”

The retired sharpshooter then touched on his former Roma teammate Francesco Totti in light of his 40th birthday, Mauro Icardi’s continued exile from the Argentine national team and Fiorentina’s big win against Qarabag in the Europa League on Thursday.

“Francesco’s a great, on and off the pitch. Everyone knows him as a footballer, but I’m lucky because I also know him as a person,” he added.

“The national team can’t call up all the forwards. Right now, Icardi doesn’t have a place but neither does Tevez.

“The game won in the Europa League yesterday doesn’t mean much. It’s too early to tell if Fiorentina can go far.”

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
130772 messaggi

swcy9l.png

Higuain hits back over criticism

http://www.football-italia.net/92513/higuain-hits-back-over-criticism

Oct 5, 2016

Gonzalo Higuain has hit back over recent criticism of his Argentina performances.

Speaking to ESPN the Juventus striker said:

"People are free and have the right to insult and criticise if it makes them feel better.

“If you score you are great, but if you fail, on those occasions they say that you are very poor.

“I continue with my journey, without losing confidence in myself.”

When asked about his partnership with Dybala at Juve, the 28-year-old replied:

"We are having a good time. Paulo and I want to do the same things in the national team that we are doing at Juve". 

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
130772 messaggi

xofhxd.jpg

Why Arsenal failed to sign Higuain - De Laurentiis

The Napoli chairman claims he refused to sell the striker to the Premier League

club, instead opting to accept Juventus' mammoth deal

http://www.goal.com/en/news/11/transfer-zone/2016/10/06/28227122/-?

Oct 6, 2016

The reason Gonzalo Higuain didn't join Arsenal is because the Premier League club didn't offer enough money, according to Napoli president Aurelio De Laurentiis.

The Gunners were heavily linked with a move for the striker during the transfer window, but manager Arsene Wenger was reportedly unwilling to meet the release clause of €94million.

De Laurentiis claimed in July that Atletico Madrid had made an offer of "€60m, plus two or three players", which was promptly rejected, but he has now suggested that Arsenal also made a bid that he deemed unacceptable.

"I think we received some requests from Arsenal. Personally, I also received a request from Atletico Madrid," he told Standard Sport.

"But they didn't put enough money on the table. We were not ready to sell him – for me Higuain was not for sale."

Higuain ultimately joined Juventus in a €90m deal, but De Laurentiis says Napoli offered him a better contract than the Serie A champions in order to tempt him to stay.

"One year earlier I offered another five-year contract to Higuain and his brother," he said. "I said 'I will offer to you X'. It was more money than what he is getting right now from Juventus."

Napoli signed Arkadiusz Milik from Ajax as Higuain's replacement and the Poland international has made a strong start to his career in Italy, scoring seven goals in nine appearances.

"Milik is a good player, he's fantastic," De Laurentiis said. "Everybody now is saying Higuain is from another planet, but I remember when Higuain came to Napoli they were not so convinced.

"Real Madrid were doing well, but he was not playing all the time. Also with Argentina he had made some mistakes – it can happen to everybody.

"Right now Higuain is from another planet. Probably in two years they will say the same for Milik. The soccer 'blah, blah, blah, blah' is always the same."

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
130772 messaggi

swcy9l.png

Napoli 'rejected Arsenal's Higuain bid'

http://www.football-italia.net/92608/napoli-rejected-arsenals-higuain-bid?

Oct 7, 2016

Napoli president Aurelio De Laurentiis has revealed that Arsenal and Atletico Madrid made offers for Gonzalo Higuain before he ultimately left to join rivals Juventus in the summer.

In an interview with the London Evening Standard, the Partenopei supremo revealed the interest shown from other clubs in Higuain, who netted 36 times in the league last season.

“We received a request from Arsenal, and I also received a request from Atletico Madrid but they didn’t put enough money on the table.

“We were not ready to sell him – for me Higuain was not for sale.”

Juventus would ultimately meet his €90m buyout clause, but De Laurentiis had previously already offered him a new contract, which Higuain had turned down.

“One year earlier I offered another five year contract to Higuain and his brother. ‘I will offer to you x’. It was more money than what he is getting right now from Juventus.”

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
130772 messaggi

swcy9l.png

Maradona: 'I don't blame Higuain'

http://www.football-italia.net/92731/maradona-i-dont-blame-higuain

Oct 10, 2016

Ex-Napoli and Argentina legend Diego Maradona has spoken in an interview about Higuain’s transfer to Juventus and the desire to market the Partenopei abroad.

Currently in Italy for the match to be held at Stadio Olimpico named ‘United for Peace’ on October 12th, the number 10 spoke to L’Espresso magazine, stating that he ‘did not blame’ Gonzalo Higuain for joining rivals Juventus in the summer.

"As a Napoli fan, I was sorry that Gonzalo went to play with a direct rival like Juventus. But you cannot only blame the player.

“A player has his own responsibilities, and the culprits are always the businessmen. No one thinks about the fans. It’s a pity that FIFA continues to ignore these facts, as do many others.”

Maradona had himself been courted by the Bianconeri as a player, and he explained why he could never have made such a move.

"L'Avvocato [Gianni] Agnelli courted me like you would make love to a woman. He said he had offered 100 billion lire in Ferlaino and I should put this number on my cheque.

“I replied that I could never do this, as it would be an affront to the Neapolitans because I felt like one of them, that I could never wear another jersey in Italy but that of Napoli.”

The Argentinian was skeptical of any attempts to market the club’s brand abroad, and voiced his discontent over the business side of the sport.

"I know they’re on missions in China to try to spread the Napoli brand. On this I have not much to say other than I'm shocked.

“The figure of the president has changed a lot since my playing days. Then, they could be a wealthy fan, but today you need to be an entrepreneur.

"I am quite skeptical of distant figures, geographically distant and those distant from the history of a club, its fans and its atmosphere, and that football is only living as a business ". 

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
130772 messaggi

swcy9l.png

Maradona slams Icardi

http://www.football-italia.net/92758/maradona-slams-icardi

Oct 10, 2016

Diego Maradona refuses to discuss Mauro Icardi - “I don’t speak about traitors” - and is “not angry” with Gonzalo Higuain.

The Napoli legend is in Italy for the ‘Match for Peace’ organised by the Vatican, and gave a Press conference this afternoon.

Having partially absolved Higuain for his move from the Partenopei to Juventus, El Diego was less charitable about Mauro Icardi after the Maxi Lopez affair.

“I don’t know if Icardi will be called-up for the national team,” Maradona shrugged.

“I don’t speak about traitors. I’m here for the Match for Peace, and Icardi has nothing to do with it.

“As for Higuain, I’m not angry with him as some have perhaps said. Every man can do what he wants.

“I was surprised though, he didn’t act in the right way by having a medical in Spain, something which was completely pointless.

“It hurts me, because I played with his father [Jorge] and he knows that you can’t act like that.

“I don’t have anything against Pipita though, he’ll continue to score goals for Juve.”

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
130772 messaggi

swcy9l.png

Evra: Higuain born to score

http://www.football-italia.net/92798/evra-higuain-born-score?

Oct 11, 2016

Patrice Evra believes Juventus have finally found their No 9 in Gonzalo Higuain, a striker “who was born to score goals”.

Higuain has scored seven goals in his first nine appearances for Juve since arriving for an Italian-record €94m from Napoli over the summer, prompting Evra to claim that the Bianconeri have found their very own Ruud van Nistelrooy.

“Higuain? I didn’t personally know him. First of all, he’s a great man, who’s very important in football,” the veteran told UEFA’s official website.

“Apart from that, he’s the guy who goes crazy if he doesn’t score – it’s in his nature. I remember a game when we were both on the bench and he was biting his nails. He told me: ‘When I come on, I MUST score!’

“He’s a bit like Van Nistelrooy, strikers who were born to score goals. If they don’t score, they can’t sleep, and all of this is perfect for Juventus.

“The newcomers are all perfect for Juve, and this is another reason why expectations are very high, we’ve added some quality players.

“My job is to help them acclimate to their new family in the best way because Juve are like a family and the players must give the best on the pitch in order to win trophies again this season.

“I think there are different motivators in the team, but Gigi and I want everything and we make sure that the dressing room always gives the maximum.

“It’s been said that some of our speeches have made a difference, but they haven’t. Everyone makes a difference. All our players are leaders.”

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
130772 messaggi

swcy9l.png

Di Natale: ‘Higuain best in the world’

http://www.football-italia.net/92820/di-natale-‘higuain-best-world’?

Oct 12, 2016

Antonio Di Natale believes “Juventus will win their sixth Scudetto” and praises “best striker in the world” Gonzalo Higuain.

The Udinese legend famously rejected a move to the Old Lady, and while he has no regrets over his decision, Toto admits he’d have liked to play in the current Juve side.

“Facing Juve now is tough for everyone, but we’ve always played well in Turin,” Di Natale told Tuttosport, ahead of Udinese’s trip to Juventus Stadium on Saturday.

“Did I regret rejecting Juventus? Absolutely not. It was a life choice, with my heart: I wanted to stay in Udine with my family.

“People made me out to be stupid, but if I could do it all again then I’d do the same thing. At Juventus I wouldn’t have reached 209 [Serie A] goals, and when I see myself in that ranking alongside the likes of [Francesco] Totti, [Roberto] Baggio I understand that I've done something good in my career.

“The current Juve? Anyone would like to play for this Juventus, with [Miralem] Pjanic, [Gonzalo] Higuain and [Paulo] Dybala, who makes plays like a young [Lionel] Messi.

“I played against him, he's phenomenal. I think Udinese tried to bring him to Italy before Palermo did.

“Next year I think he will take the 10, he's perfect for that number. The 10 is like a Ferrari: not everyone knows how to drive it.

“I think he’ll do better together with Higuain, but it must be fun to link-up with Dybala, it's similar to when I played with [Alexis] Sanchez.

“Higuain is the best striker in the world, if he continues to score 30 goals a season he will reach my numbers. Given his age and ability, I think he's the only one who could pass me: he can score a brace every match. This year, the capocannoniere will be between him, [Mauro] Icardi, [Edin] Dzeko and [Marco] Borriello.

“Unless something cataclysmic happens, Juventus will win their sixth Scudetto. [Coach Max] Allegri has two teams available, and I’m just waiting for them to reach the top in the Champions League too.”

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
130772 messaggi

swcy9l.png

Cannavaro: 'Napoli won't forgive Higuain'

http://www.football-italia.net/92830/cannavaro-napoli-wont-forgive-higuain?

Oct 12, 2016

Sassuolo defender Paolo Cannavaro said Napoli fans “will never forgive” Gonzalo Higuain for abandoning them to join Juventus.

Although he left the Stadio San Paolo several years ago, Cannavaro will always remain a supporter of his hometown club and therefore understands the situation.

“I am not judging him for choosing Juve, as it could’ve been Real Madrid or any other club,” Cannavaro told Radio Crc.

“The career of a player is this: you are free to do what you want, but if for three years you are out there singing songs, dancing under the Curva and declaring them your main enemy, then you have to take the consequences when you make this choice.

“The worst part is he didn’t even come out and explain himself or give warning and Napoli fans will never forgive him for that.”

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
130772 messaggi

swcy9l.png

‘If Higuain goes to Naples…’

http://www.football-italia.net/93592/‘if-higuain-goes-naples…’

Oct 28, 2016

The mayor of Naples says Gonzalo Higuain “would have to walk with a metal detector surrounded by 1000 men” if he returned to the city.

The striker left Napoli to join Juventus this summer, with Neapolitans burning his shirt in the streets in protest.

“The fans had forged an incredible bond with him,” Luigi De Magistris said on Radio 2.

“He broke a bond of affection with Naples and when he went there he lost it. I don’t think Higuain could walk through Naples, as welcoming as we are Pipita wouldn’t get an enthusiastic welcome.

“[Prime Minister Matteo] Renzi has to walk with a metal detector surrounded by 1000 men, that’s how Higuain is.

“In fact, they should meet so we can optimise the police presence.”

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
130772 messaggi

swcy9l.png

Ancelotti: Higuain fee justified

http://www.football-italia.net/94117/ancelotti-higuain-fee-justified?

Nov 9, 2016

Ex-Juventus boss Carlo Ancelotti believes the €90m paid by the club for Gonzalo Higuain 'was justified'.

After heaping praise on Paulo Dybala, the Bayern boss turned his attention to Higuain, who he believes is one of the top strikers along with Luis Suarez of Barcelona and Bayern Munich's Robert Lewandowski.

"The price Juventus paid for Gonzalo Higuain is justified," the Bayern Coach told Tuttosport. "The big players cost money.

"He is the best striker along with Suarez and Lewandowski.

"The Pole is a serious player. He’s not the kind that starts making jokes, although he has excellent relationships within the squad.

"He is doing very well, he scores with an impressive continuity and he is determined.

"Could he play in Serie A? Lewandowski is an icon at Bayern Munich, so I find it difficult to think this will happen. But in football you never say never on anything."

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
130772 messaggi

swcy9l.png

Domenech: ‘Trying to call Higuain…’

http://www.football-italia.net/94132/domenech-‘trying-call-higuain…’

Nov 9, 2016

Raymond Domenech recalls trying to call-up Juventus striker Gonzalo Higuain for France and then Brittany.

Higuain plays for Argentina, but he was born in Brest and so would have been eligible to play for Les Bleus.

During his time as Coach of the national team, Domenech named the forward in his squad to face Greece, but Pipita chose to play for Argentina.

“I really wanted him to make a decision one way or the other,” Domenech recalled in an interview with SoFoot.

“So the way I saw it was ‘he’ll either have to come or say no’. I wasn’t forcing him, forcing isn’t a fair word. We discussed it, he hesitated, he didn’t know.

“I said ‘well, now we have that game so you’ll have to choose. Don’t let others pull and push you, it’s up to you and your conscience’.

“Argentina wanted him too, he had to make a decision!

Higuain doesn’t speak French though, surely he wouldn’t fit in?

“Not at all, football is quite global these days. I speak Spanish too, so there would have been no problem with that.

“There were two or three players who could speak Spanish too. We find affinities very quickly, and in that line of work they very quickly learn the basics of a language, no matter what country they’re in.

“That wasn’t a problem. What he told me was ‘there’s no-one I know, all my friends are in Argentina, so my priority is Argentina’. And I understood!”

Domenech now manages the Breton national side, a non-FIFA outfit, and tried to call Higuain to partner Anthony Le Tallec…

“I could have called him for the Brittany team, yes!” Domenech laughed.

“I think they could have been a partnership! Antho is a real pivot, he has the quality to play with others and Higuain knows how to exploit a player like that.

“They’d have been an ideal front-two for Brittany!”

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
130772 messaggi

swcy9l.png

Immobile ‘understands Higuain choice’

http://www.football-italia.net/94349/immobile-‘understands-higuain-choice’?

Nov 14, 2016

Ciro Immobile insists that while Napoli “will never leave my heart”, he “professionally understands” Gonzalo Higuain’s decision to join Juventus.

Higuain was seen to have committed a sin of Judas proportions by Napoli fans in the summer when he swapped the Partenopei for Juve, their Serie A arch-rivals, despite the former receiving an Italian-record fee for the striker.

“Klose? I’m happy that Miro is doing an internship with the DFB, he’s realised a dream. In Rome, he’s a legend. Who else could set world records for goals?” the Lazio forward and Naples native told Kicker.

“I need a little under 50 goals to surpass Klose for the number of League goals he scored for Lazio. It’s a child’s play.

“Napoli? They’ll never leave my heart: I wish Napoli the best every day, except when they play against my team.

“Higuain? He’s a player that has only a few years left. Sentimentally speaking, I understand the fans’ disappointment, but I also understand Gonzalo on a professional level.

“Juventus? I only had a year in their first team but played with Buffon and Del Piero: what an experience.

“Alex was my idol. He was at the end of his career when I started out. In the penalty area, the best of all, however, was Trezeguet. I watched him and remained speechless.”

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
130772 messaggi

xofhxd.jpg

When Higuain was still Pipita - the story

of the Juventus star's rise to the top

The Argentine was a model student and avid footballer as a youngster -

but there was never any doubt over which path he would choose.

http://www.goal.com/en-gb/news/3310/goal-50/2016/11/15/29528432/-?

Nov 15, 2016

Before being labelled a traitor for leaving Napoli for Juventus and before missing those chances in the Copa America and World Cup finals against Chile and Germany respectively. Before heading off to Real Madrid at 19 with just 32 games and 13 goals in the bag for River Plate and even before those spectacular Superclasico goals against Boca Juniors. Before all that, on November 10, 1987, Gonzalo Higuain came into the world in Brest, in the northwest of France. 

He was the third of four children to Jorge and Nancy Higuain, and would go on to surpass his footballing father in a career that has brought him numerous titles and awards, as well as a place in the 2016 Goal 50 for his extraordinary goalscoring exploits. Back then, however, he was still 'Pipita', the offspring of Jorge, who had carved out a respectable career as a tough-tackling defender. 

Higuain's place of birth was an accident. He happened to be born in the season Pipa Sr. played in Stade Brestois, now in Ligue 2. His childhood and teenage years all took place in Buenos Aires and he invariably had a ball glued to his feet and the net in his sights. 

"When he was born, I knew he would be a special player," father Jorge told Goal. "I used to say to my wife, 'Gonzalo is not going to stay in Argentina for long.'" 

gonzalo-higuain-river-inferiores_dxwwyg1

gonzalo-higuain-juventus-napoli_79ycdkhu

Higuain started in the reduced spaces of 'baby futbol', indoor, five-a-side games, before River took him into their academy at the age of 10 alongside older brother Federico, now in the MLS with Columbus Crew. 

"He was a calm, polite and hard-working boy," Jorge recalls, and added that he never had any doubt over what he wanted to be. "From the moment he got up to the moment he went to sleep, he played football." 

Jorge and Nancy never pressured their sons to follow in papa's footsteps, but the family heritage was irresistible. Gonzalo followed the example of Federico and Nicolas - who had a short career before becoming agent to his younger brothers - in pulling on the boots for a living. 

He would only take his boots off to continue playing on the Playstation. Gonzalo was responsible and a good student, but his father kept him in line. "You want to commit yourself to football? Great, first you have to study," he repeated to his son as a mantra. One can only conclude that Higuain must have studied awfully hard to get where he is today...

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
130772 messaggi

2yvo10i.jpg

Juventus striker Gonzalo Higuain part of Argentina media boycott

Furor over media allegations of marijuana usage by Lavezzi

http://www.blackwhitereadallover.com/2016/11/17/13650252/higuain-part

-of-argentina-media-boycott-messi-lavezzi-radio-journalist

Nov 17, 2016

The Argentina national team will no longer speak to the media after striker Ezequiel Lavezzi was accused by Argentine radio journalist of smoking marijuana at training camp leading to his being dropped from the 23-man squad for the two games over the last week, against Brazil and Colombia.

Argentina went on to win 3-0 with a goal and assist from Lionel Messi, and the Barcelona hitman led the whole squad including Juventus forward Gonzalo Higuain onto the podium for the post-match conference in protest.

"We're here to let you know that we will no longer be communicating with the press.

"The accusations that were made towards Lavezzi were huge. We regret that it has to be this way but we have no other choice. We know that many of you don't play that game.

"We were accused a lot. No respect was being shown and we never said anything. But this accusation against Lavezzi was it. If we don't stop it today, we'll never stop it. We know that you will continue to criticize us, that's fine. However, some got into our personal lives.

"We wanted to say this in front of everyone and not release a statement. We didn't want to hide from anyone. These past two weeks were filled with personal aggression, not football criticism. You can criticize us for winning or losing, but when you get personal we will draw the line."

The star-studded Argentines have come under media pressure after a 3-0 walloping by Brazil last week, and manager Edgardo Bauza spoke to the media after Messi, saying he was happy with how the players responded.

“I told the players I’m happy for them after a week of criticism and because it wasn’t an easy match.

“Messi is a great and decisive player, he showed that in the first goal and with the others.”

Lavezzi has responded through his Twitter account that he will be suing the journalist.

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
130772 messaggi

xlf6gm.gif

Argentina's Gonzalo Higuain thanks fans

after whistles against Colombia

http://www.espnfc.co.uk/argentina/story/2998145/argentinas-gonzalo-

higuain-thanks-fans-after-receiving-whistles-against-colombia

Nov 17, 2016

Argentina forward Gonzalo Higuain has said he is grateful for the fan support he is seeing after being the subject of whistles when he was brought on in the 78th minute to replace Lucas Pratto in the Albiceleste's 3-0 win over Colombiain World Cup qualifying on Tuesday.

After seeing his side thrashed 3-0 by Brazil last week, Argentina coach Edgardo Bauza made three changes against Colombia, including his choice of Atletico Mineiro forward Pratto over Higuain up front to start. 

Pratto, along with Lionel Messi and Angel Di Maria all scored to help Argentina end a four-match winless run and leapfrog their opponents into fifth place in the CONMEBOL standings.

Juventus striker Higuain was booed in San Juan when Pratto came off, and he took to Twitter on Thursday to thank fans who offered support after the incident.

He said: "It is nice to know that there are fans who genuinely value what one does. Hope you all have a great day." He also tweeted: "Good afternoon to you all. It makes me so happy to see all the messages of support that I have been receiving. Thanks so much."

Es lindo saber que hay gente que de verdad valora lo que haces. Buen dia para todos / grazie a tutti per il affetto di cuore.

Buenas tardes a tod@s. Me pone muy contento todos los mensajes de cariño que estoy recibiendo. Muchas gracias.

Higuain has been on-again, off-again for Argentina, first being benched by Bauza in September and replaced by Atletico Mineiro striker Pratto, who scored on his first international start in the 2-2 draw with Venezuela.

Juventus striker Higuain was brought back in October and scored in the 2-2 draw away at Peru. 

However, after failing to find the net in back-to-back defeats against Paraguay and Brazil, which put Argentina outside of the top-four direct qualification spots for Russia, Bauza once again started Pratto over Higuain against Colombia.

The Argentinian completed a €90-million move from Napoli to Juventus over the summer.

Juventus host Pescara on Saturday and face a tough test against Sevilla coming up in the Champions League.

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
130772 messaggi

swcy9l.png

Higuain 'rests on laurels'

http://www.football-italia.net/94547/higuain-rests-laurels

Nov 19, 2016

Gonzalo Higuain’s former Napoli fitness coach said the Juventus striker “would be the best in the world if he had the right mentality.”

The Argentina international has been criticised for putting on weight and ex-Napoli trainer Corrado Saccone knows why.

“Higuain would be the best in the world if he had the right mentality to match the talent in his feet,” Saccone told Radio CRC.

“He has such great technique and physical strength, but he doesn’t make the most of it. I am talking about motivation here.

“Higuain knows he is good and therefore at times rests on his laurels. Even in training he just doesn’t give 100 per cent, whereas in my experience Edinson Cavani and Ezequiel Lavezzi gave 200 per cent.”

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
130772 messaggi

swcy9l.png

Report: Higuain under armed guard

http://www.football-italia.net/94744/report-higuain-under-armed-guard

Nov 23, 2016

There are reports Juventus striker Gonzalo Higuain needs a bodyguard after receiving anonymous threats.

The former Napoli star is under armed guard 24 hours a day while staying in Turin, claims Dagospia.

Pipita has been subjected to serious anonymous threats and reportedly told his friends that bringing in added security was necessary.

The Argentina international never leaves the house without his bodyguards over the last couple of weeks and local police are also involved.

Higuain was lambasted by Napoli fans after walking out on the club for their bitter rivals, but these threats are on a level not seen until now.

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
130772 messaggi

swcy9l.png

Higuain still training separately

http://www.football-italia.net/94841/higuain-still-training-separately

Nov 25, 2016

Gonzalo Higuain looks increasingly likely to miss Juventus’ trip to Genoa, as he trained alone again today.

The striker missed the Champions League win over Sevilla with a thigh injury, and has been training separately at Vinovo.

According to Sky, Higuain was again absent from the group workout today, making it unlikely he’ll be ready for the match against the Grifone.

The feeling is that the forward will be fit for the bench at most, meaning Mario Mandzukic will lead the line once again.

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
130772 messaggi

swcy9l.png

Higuain: Critics don’t bother me

http://www.football-italia.net/95075/higuain-critics-don’t-bother-me

Dec 1, 2016

Juventus striker Gonzalo Higuain insists criticism of his weight did not bother him, despite being “slaughtered” over the summer about the issue.

Higuain was panned for appearing to be out of shape on his Juve debut in a pre-season friendly against West Ham United, but the €90m man has gone on to score nine goals in his first 18 competitive appearances, while sporting a leaner frame.

“My dream? Winning many trophies with Juventus,” the former Napoli star told Corriere della Sera.

“I want to return their faith me by scoring lots of goals and achieving lots of victories. As a person, I’d like to start a family, find the right wife and become a better person every day. When I leave football, I’d like to be remembered for what I did.

“I think the most difficult League to score in is this one [Serie A].

“My first goal for Juve a liberation? I’d scored over 300 career goals, so it wasn’t a liberation. But it was a tough summer.

“They slaughtered me. They said I was bad and so many other things. Then I scored and I was suddenly in great shape. I didn’t understand it.

“Bothered by criticism of my weight? No, but if anyone has any doubts, they can ask for the physical data from my Coach, who’s very happy with my work.

“From the outside, people say Juve are strong, they won 25 games in a row and so on. Then you come here and you say to yourself, ‘wow’.

“There are players here who have won a lot but still have this desire to win more. It’s something contagious and that gives you the desire to improve.

“Seeing Buffon and Barzagli give everything for football makes the difference. This is the mentality that takes you a long way.

“I’ve joined a team where my teammates, Coach and the tactics are new for me and it’s going as I imagined: I’ve scorred nine-10 goals in 19 games, I’ve almost played every game, and when I’ve had to go on the bench, I’ve gone on the bench.

“I have the humility to understand the Coach’s decisions. In any case, we’re the only team top of their League and Champions League group.

“The Scudetto? Now it depends on us winning or losing. We’re four points clear at the top. If we lose, it’s because we did wrong. It’s simple.

“The Champions League? We have to improve a lot in our way of playing, but we have players good enough to do so.

“We also must always take to the pitch with the right attitude, contrary to what we did at Genoa.

“Being Capocannoniere? The most important thing is to win the title, that’s what I’m here for. Then, if I score so many goals, it’s even better.

“Fortunately, I’ve already exceeded the 35-goals record, which has stood for 50 years.

“How do I feel? I took a blow above the knee, but I’m fine now: I feel 100 percent, I’ve improved in other ways and I’m conscious that my teammates and coaches are happy with what I’m doing.

“My relationship with Allegri? It’s a tranquil one. We’re still getting to know one another, but there’s great respect.”

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
130772 messaggi

swcy9l.png

Higuain ‘won’t forget Napoli’

http://www.football-italia.net/95076/higuain-‘won’t-forget-napoli’

Dec 1, 2016

Gonzalo Higuain will not “forget” Napoli for the role they played in his career – but mentioned only “the squad, Coach and fans” and not Aurelio De Laurentiis.

Higuain enjoyed three prolific seasons with Napoli as Edinson Cavani’s replacement but became vilified by the club’s supporters for his decision to join Serie A rivals Juventus over the summer, although he did not celebrate when scoring against the Partenopei in October.

“I was brought up in a certain way and had already decided before the game to react the way I did,” the striker told Corriere della Sera.

“It doesn’t mean that I didn’t want to win, but I’m a man who doesn’t forget what he did and what he received, and at Napoli they gave me a lot and made me grow.

“It was a sign of gratitude to the squad, Coach and fans. After the game, I celebrated with Juve because they also deserved it for the respect and love that they’re giving me.”

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
130772 messaggi

swcy9l.png

Higuain: Goals like ketchup!

http://www.football-italia.net/95082/higuain-goals-ketchup

Dec 1, 2016

Juventus striker Gonzalo Higuain says scoring goals is like “ketchup” but may not have had the opportunity as his mother is why “I’m here today”.

A wide-ranging interview with Corriere della Sera on Thursday began with Higuain reflecting on his “dream” of winning with Juve and gratitude to Napoli, but it ended with the Argentine giving a  revealing insight into his personal life.

Starting off by being asked whether he had been on the same plane to Colombia that crashed, killing off almost the entire Chapecoense squad, he replied: “Yes. It’s terrible what happened. My thoughts go to the families and survivors.

“Meningitis at 10 months old? They didn’t tell me everything, but it was serious. Thanks to the doctors and my family, I came out fine.

“Religious? I believe in God. Having an Argentine pope is a source of pride, something profound.

“I’m lucky enough to know him, he seems like a man who transmits great serenity.

“What would I change in the world? That there weren’t so many senseless deaths.

“Going on television to confess my dream of going to Real Madrid? That was everyone’s dream and I made it happen, plus where I am now, thanks to the mental strength that I have.

“My uncle Claudio Zacarias? A bomb went off in his team’s [San Lorenzo] dressing room and wounded his hand. Then he recovered. He’s important to me, he’s an example.

“Van Nistelrooy? He told me something during a period in which I didn’t score. And it’s true.

“You try, but it doesn’t come out. And when it comes out, it all does at once. It’s like ketchup. It’s a beautiful anecdote.

“I believe that no-one is perfect, not even the best players in the world, so I always want to learn.

“Sometimes it’s difficult to accept criticism, but it takes humility to listen, to try to grow again.

“Football like art? Of course it is. When you score a beautiful goal, from a move of five to six touches that your opponents fails to stop, it’s art.

“Do I see football in this way because of my artist mother? Yes, I really think so. She’s a painter: she paints pictures, mostly abstract.

“Since I developed meningitis, my relationship with my mother is special. It was her who took my hand and took me to the hospital: it’s because of her that I’m here today.”

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
130772 messaggi

swcy9l.png

Fernandez: 'Higuain was different'

http://www.football-italia.net/95443/fernandez-higuain-was-different

Dec 9, 2016

Former Torino defender Mariano Fernandez and friend of Gonzalo Higuan reveals Pipita was 'different from all the others' as a child.

The Argentine lives in Turin alongside the Juventus striker and revealed that the player remains 'calm' before the Turin derby on Sunday.

"I’ve known Gonzalo since he was 14 or 15 years old." Fernandez told Tuttosport. "I could see even then that was different from all the others.

"Our games were five or seven a side. The only rule was that there were no rules.

"The three Higuain brothers never played all together, otherwise they argued."

"He’s calm, having played in derby matches in all the teams that he’s played for. He has scored a lot everywhere he’s been, at River Plate and Real Madrid.

"Los Merengues decided to buy him right after seeing him score twice against Boca Juniors. He was only an 18-year-old kid."

How has Higuain dealt with a relative lack of goals since moving to Juventus from Napoli in the summer?

"He never lost his head, even when he missed chances. It is normal that a striker you sometimes struggle to score.

"Without Dybala he has played more for the team, a sacrifice that shows how much Gonzalo brings to Juventus and how happy he is there.

"Gonzalo is one of the three best strikers in the world and deserves a top like Juventus. Now that he has started to score again, he won’t stop."

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
130772 messaggi

swcy9l.png

'Higuain goals answer weight critics'

http://www.football-italia.net/95444/higuain-goals-answer-weight-critics

Dec 9, 2016

Friend of Gonzalo Higuain admits that 'even he laughed' at jokes about the strikers weight, but added that his goals are his best response.

After speaking about Pipita's abilities as a child, the former Torino defender revealed details about the Argentine's personal life in Turin.

"He appreciates the lifestyle of Turin and the people there," the 38-year-old told Tuttosport. "He lives in the centre and we go out for dinner without problems.

"What are his favourite restaurants? Lampara, Catullo and my shop. A dinner with Gonzalo is brilliant, but in the end I always pay.

"Pipita is a decent guy, sincere and genuine. You know when you are happy and when he isn’t. He loves to joke around, except when he loses: when this happens it is better to remain silent!

"His weight? Yes, yes I did have a laugh at the jokes. It had already happened in Naples, where he had responded to the largest critics with 36 goals.

"He loves pasta, which remains unique in Italy and also meat. Fillet with curry is one of his favorite dishes."

In concluding the interview, Fernandez also revealed plans to go to the site of the Superga tragedy with the Juventus striker.

"We will go to Superga soon. We've talked about this several times with Gonzalo and his brother Nicolas."

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti