Vai al contenuto
Accedi per seguire   
Socrates

JUVENTUS SEASON 2017-2018

130784 messaggi

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTRpj1RcEjjGbP0Ptg6aHR

swcy9l.png

JUVENTUS - TOTTENHAM       ..........

105px-Juventus_FC_2017_logo.png.......... tottenham-hotspur-128x128.png         

Round of 16 - first leg

Tuesday, february 13th 2018 - 08:45 p.m. CET 

07.45 p.m. UK time - 06.45 p.m. GMT
Allianz Stadium - Turin
Referee: Felix Brych (Germany)

Llorente: 'Tottenham is Pochettino. I miss Juve like crazy'

https://www.football-italia.net/117028/llorente-tottenham-pochettino

https://www.football-italia.net/117029/llorente-i-miss-juve-crazy

Feb 11, 2018

Fernando Llorente explains why Juventus ought to worry about facing Tottenham in the Champions League and praises Mauricio Pochettino.

Tottenham have impressed in the Champions League, pushing title holders Real Madrid into second place in their group.

“We are a young side, but we’re growing and have already beaten Real Madrid this season. We dream of going all the way and know that to achieve that, we must beat the best, starting from Juventus,” the striker told Tuttosport newspaper.

“The Champions League is a strange tournament, as anything could happen. The same goes for Juve: if they get past us, they can triumph in this tournament.”

Who will Llorente swap shirts with at the final whistle?

“I’ll bring a whole bag just of my jerseys!”

Harry Kane’s remarkable form means that Llorente is unlikely to start in Turin.

“It’s difficult because he is one of the best in the world. He scored 56 goals in a calendar year, more than Leo Messi and Cristiano Ronaldo. That says it all, right?

“Kane is the complete striker, very good with his back to goal and can find the net out of nowhere. He has a radar in his mind that shows him where the goal is. Harry is also super professional, much like Chiellini. He’s happy here, pays attention to every detail so he can improve. He’s great, but you’ll see he will get even better.

“Having said that, Gonzalo Higuain is on fire and rediscovered his confidence after a complicated start. It’d be better if he waited a little longer before finding form…

“Despite never actually playing together, I am friends with Gonzalo. We met in a restaurant in Madrid after a match and from that moment stayed in contact. When he signed for Juve, he called me for information on Turin and where to get a house.

“Pipita is a killer in front of goal, but you’ll see Dele Alli and Son can have our say. With all these talents, I feel younger too.”

Llorente had specific praise for Spurs Coach Pochettino.

“Tottenham is Pochettino. Kane is phenomenal, but he needs his teammates. Our Coach, however, had a decisive role for the growth of the club. Now we are among the big sides and there is a harmonious atmosphere, it feels like a family.

“For example, I’m not playing very much, but I am happy and I have fun here. I am aware that I am second in the pecking order, but I also know that 11 players are not enough to win a title. We need everyone and I work to ensure I am ready when called upon.

“Mauricio is not just a Coach, but also a manager, and his greatest strength is intelligence. If he asks me about Juventus, I’ll be able to tell him a few things, as I know the club and most of the players. Mind you, Pochettino focuses more on our own style than that of our opponents.

“Tottenham have two nutritionists and there are similar approaches to food that you’d find at Juve. It’s rare that I have an English style breakfast, but don’t imagine Kane starts the day with fries either. At Swansea, where I was last season, it did happen: they are still fairly British in their habits there.”

Tottenham striker Fernando Llorente admits “it’s only when you leave Juventus that you realise what you had. Gigi Buffon is the best captain I ever had and I’d love 11 Giorgio Chiellinis.”

The first leg of their Round of 16 is on Tuesday night and it’ll be an emotional return to Turin for the Spaniard.

“As soon as I finish training with Harry Kane and my other teammates, I come home and start again with my son: he is 20 months old, but only wants to play with the football,” Llorente told Tuttosport newspaper.

“I bought him a Tottenham shirt with Llorente on the back and on Tuesday, when I’m in Turin for the Champions League, I’ll take advantage of the situation to get him a Juventus one too. Perhaps a Dybala jersey.

“I only managed to spend pre-season training with Paulo, but it was enough to know he has the kind of ability that really catches the eye.”

Dybala has been out of action for a few weeks with a thigh strain and is increasingly unlikely to feature on Tuesday.

“We expect him to play. We always read he could return against us. I also heard that Blaise Matuidi is out and he’s a player I adore. He was my favourite in the PSG midfield.

“With Paulo or without, Juve remain a superpower. Just think of Gonzalo Higuain, Mario Mandzukic, Douglas Costa…”

Although Llorente has scored for Sevilla against Juventus since leaving, he missed the trip to Turin, so how does he expect his first return to feel like?

“It’ll be a wonderful sensation. I experienced unforgettable moments, won five titles, reached a Champions League Final. All the fans continue to show me great affection via social media. They make me feel as if I was there for 10 years rather than two.

“Juve is a difficult place to leave. I left the Vinovo training ground crying. It’s also true what David Trezeguet said: it’s only when you leave Juventus that you realise what you had. I miss it like crazy and would love to return. It’s a special club because, despite being an enormous club, it’s like a family inside.

“There is a fine image of Juventus here and I raise it even more: I always speak very highly of the Bianconeri and give them a good rep.”

Llorente left in 2015, but many of his former teammates are still at the club.

“I spoke to Claudio Marchisio, Stephan Lichtsteiner and Giorgione Chiellini. It’ll be tough and I expect two rugged games, but we believe.

“I am ready to face Chiellini and also accustomed to getting a few knocks: I trained with him for two years! Giorgio trains the way he plays, he’s super professional. I’d love to have 11 Chiellinis in my team. The Juventus defence is fantastic, so for a striker to score against them always feels like a huge achievement.

“I already scored against Buffon in Seville, we went into the Europa League and then won that tournament. Buffon is the best captain I ever had. We spoke lately for his 40th birthday. I told him that he’s in such good shape he can play until 45.”

Llorente was asked if this current Juventus side is better than the one he left in 2015.

“They change every year, but remain at the top. It’ll be tough to replicate the 102 Serie A points we had in my first year… Napoli are having an extraordinary season, but I think in the end Juve will win the Scudetto again. I certainly hope so, as I’m cheering on my old teammates.”

Condividi questo messaggio

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
130784 messaggi

swcy9l.png

Round of 16 - first leg

Allianz Stadium - Turin

Barzagli doubt for Juve-Spurs

https://www.football-italia.net/117043/barzagli-doubt-juve-spurs

Feb 11, 2018

Andrea Barzagli is a major doubt to feature for Juventus against Tottenham Hotspur in the Champions League.

The first leg is in Turin on Tuesday evening.

Barzagli did not take part in today’s training session due to a muscular problem in his right calf.

It is only a bruise rather than a strain, explain medics, but the veteran defender is still causing concern.

Paulo Dybala is also increasingly unlikely to feature after his muscular issues, working separately from the rest of the team.

Juan Cuadrado, Benedikt Howedes and Blaise Matuidi will certainly miss out.

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
130784 messaggi

swcy9l.png

Round of 16 - first leg

Allianz Stadium - Turin

Pochettino: 'Dybala among world's best'

https://www.football-italia.net/117072/pochettino-dybala-among-worlds-best

Feb 11, 2018

Tottenham boss Mauricio Pochettino looks set to leave Toby Alderweireld out against Juventus and believes Paulo Dybala is “one of the best in the world.”

The first leg of their Champions League Round of 16 is on Tuesday in Turin.

According to the latest reports coming out of England, defender Alderweireld will be left at home rather than make the trip to Italy.

He made his comeback for 90 minutes in the FA Cup replay win over Newport County on Wednesday, but was out of action for three months with a hamstring injury.

It seems Spurs would prefer he work on his fitness levels in training rather than be part of the squad.

Juventus have their own concerns, as Andrea Barzagli and Dybala have a race against time to be fit, while Juan Cuadrado, Blaise Matuidi and Benedikt Howedes are definitely out of action.

“I think Dybala will recover and I hope he does, because I think it’s always nice to play against the best in the world,” Pochettino told Rai Sport.

“I put Dybala in that category, because he is a special talent and seeing him on the pitch is wonderful, even if he might cause your team a few problems.”

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
130784 messaggi

swcy9l.png

Round of 16 - first leg

Allianz Stadium - Turin

Llorente: ‘Won’t celebrate against Juventus’

https://www.football-italia.net/117098/llorente-‘won’t-celebrate-against-juventus’

Feb 12, 2018

Tottenham Hotspur striker Fernando Llorente won’t celebrate if he scores tomorrow night - “when I hear the name Juventus I still get chills”.

The striker spent two seasons with the Bianconeri, and will return to Turin for the first leg of the Champions League Last 16 tie.

“It was a wonderful two years, I wore the shirt of Italy’s biggest team,” Llorente explained to Premium Sport.

“I have Juventus in my heart, there are so many memories which bind me to that city. To the Bianconeri fans I’d say I’ll be in another shirt, but I love you and I can’t wait to see you.

“I wouldn’t celebrate [if I scored] out of respect, when I hear the name Juventus I still get chills.

“I’d say the tie is 50-50, we are two very strong teams. After the draw I told myself it was destiny: I met Juventus when I was at Sevilla, but I didn’t go to Turin because I was injured.

“It will be very emotional to come back.

“Max Allegri and Mauricio Pochettino? They’re two great Coaches. Mauricio has changed Tottenham and after some initial problems look where they are now.

“We have to continue like this so we can start lifting trophies.

“The Scudetto? Napoli are having an incredible season and play well, but Juventus are used to winning and will come out on top in the end.”

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
130784 messaggi

swcy9l.png

Round of 16 - first leg

Allianz Stadium - Turin

Dybala out of Juventus-Spurs

https://www.football-italia.net/117110/dybala-out-juventus-spurs

Feb 12, 2018

Paulo Dybala has not been included in the Juventus squad for tomorrow’s Champions League Last 16 match with Tottenham Hotspur.

The Argentinian international has been struggling with a hamstring injury, but there was some suggestion he could be back for the first leg in Turin.

However, Coach Massimiliano Allegri warned on Friday he wouldn’t take any risks with La Joya and he hasn’t included him in the squad.

Juan Cuadrado, Benedikt Howedes, Andrea Barzagli and Blaise Matuidi are also out injured, and Stephan Lichtsteiner hasn’t been called-up despite being added to the Champions League list.

Allegri has opted to include 19-year-old Simone Muratore.

Juventus squad to face Tottenham: Buffon, Pinsoglio, Szczesny, De Sciglio, Chiellini, Benatia, Alex Sandro, Rugani, Pjanic, Khedira, Marchisio, Asamoah, Sturaro, Bentancur, Muratore, Higuain, Douglas Costa, Mandzukic, Bernardeschi

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
130784 messaggi

swcy9l.png

Round of 16 - first leg

Allianz Stadium - Turin

Chiellini: ‘Can’t stop Kane alone’

https://www.football-italia.net/117111/chiellini-‘can’t-stop-kane-alone’

Feb 12, 2018

Juventus defender Giorgio Chiellini admits he can’t stop Tottenham striker Harry Kane alone - “I’m not so arrogant”.

The Bianconeri face Spurs in Turin tomorrow for the first leg of their Champions League Last 16 tie, and the English international recalled being kicked by Chiellini on his first international start.

“I don’t remember it [the tackle] very well but I remember when we played in Turin,” the centre-back insisted.

“He’s certainly a great striker, but the tackle wasn’t done on purpose!

“In my opinion he was already one of the best strikers and people were already talking about him a lot.

“I managed to judge him properly, because on that occasion I already considered him a great striker and he’s become a top international player.

“I think me stopping Kane on my own, one-on-one, is pretty much impossible, I’m not so arrogant.

“What I hope is that the Juventus collective will be able to stop Tottenham. One-on-one clashes are important but the whole team will have to do its best to limit not only Harry Kane.

“We shouldn’t just think of Tottenham as Kane, but as a whole team. Tomorrow will be a very tough game, it’s the knockout round and we can’t wait to play.

“The priority is to end the match with a clean sheet but it won’t be easy because this team scores a lot of goals and has a lot of strong attackers so we’ll try to stop them with the whole team.

“We might win some one-on-one duels but the team is what allows us to make great progress, to play a lot of games.

“The less space you give them the better it will be. They have different characteristics, we know these players and we’ve seen them a lot, we’ve also played against some of them.

“They haven’t reached this level by chance. Against Chelsea last year I remember the great result they obtained, they’ve been growing a lot, developing a lot.

“Tomorrow we want to do our best with great respect and humility, aware that this is the very first step of a journey which I hope will take us to Kiev in May.”

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
130784 messaggi

swcy9l.png

Round of 16 - first leg

Allianz Stadium - Turin

Allegri: ‘Juventus have grown in CL’

https://www.football-italia.net/117112/allegri-‘juventus-have-grown-cl’

Feb 12, 2018

Max Allegri believes Juventus have “more self-esteem” in the Champions League, and his team against Tottenham will “depend on how I feel when I wake up”.

The Bianconeri have reached the final of the competition twice in the last three years, and face Spurs in the first leg of their Last 16 tie tomorrow.

“Obviously I’d be glad not to concede, to end up with a clean sheet,” Allegri said in his pre-match Press conference.

“It’s a very balanced match tomorrow, 50-50 so we’ll have to be very focused tomorrow and very careful.

“We have to play so as not to exalt their qualities and characteristics. We have to use our heads and our technique because they’re a physical team.

“So we’ll have to be very careful in possession, and if we want to go through of course we’ll have to play very well in London too in the second leg.

“The club has grown a lot and the team have grown a lot, in terms of confidence in Europe in particular, getting very important results and achievements.

“They reached two finals in three years and that’s something very important.

“I always say that Real Madrid have been the only team in recent years who have done better than Juventus in recent years in the Champions League.

“Making these type of comparisons, comparing ourselves to Barcelona, Bayern Munich and the great European teams is something that’s really fundamental for Juventus.

“This is not a process that will end this year in Europe, as I’ve always pointed out Juventus’ objective is to keep going reaching this stage, because you have Real Madrid vs Paris Saint-Germain and Juventus vs Tottenham and in each tie one of the two will be eliminated.

“So it’s very important to play these rounds and then maybe the Quarter-Finals, the Semi-Finals or even the Final, but certainly our self-esteem has grown a lot.”

“Tomorrow we’ll have to play an excellent match for a tactical point of view, because otherwise if we just focus on the physical aspect we could suffer a lot.

“We have to work hard from a tactical point of view and play on the things they struggle with.”

Blaise Matuidi is out for tomorrow, and the Coach was asked who will replace the Frenchman.

“Of course someone will replace him because we have to play 11, but it’ll be someone with different characteristics.

“We’ll try of course to play a match according the players and specific skills and features they have.

“We know we have 180 minutes to play, we know the weaknesses Tottenham have and also their qualities.

“We’ll have to use our heads and play with great personality, being aware there will be some difficulties because the four players they have up-front have great quality and they exploit crosses very well, so that’s something we have to take into account.

“[Claudio] Marchisio convinced me and [Rodrigo] Bentancur also very much convinced me. There’s also [Stefano] Sturaro who can play in Matuidi’s role, and he’s probably the one most similar to Matuidi.

“If not we’ll have to change formation or at least fill the roles with players with different characteristics, a lot depends on the players.

“We’ll have to see how I feel when I wake up tomorrow, so basically it depends on my alarm clock.

“Don’t think that I won’t be sleeping, because I can assure you I will be sleeping tonight.”

Much of the build-up has focused on Harry Kane and Gonzalo Higuain, and the tactician was asked which striker is better.

“What a question! Higuain, of course!” Allegri laughed.

“Kane is really a top player though, very strong, very good indeed.”

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
130784 messaggi

swcy9l.png

Round of 16 - first leg

Allianz Stadium - Turin

Juventus return to 4-2-3-1?

https://www.football-italia.net/117130/juventus-return-4-2-3-1

Feb 13, 2018

Juventus will reportedly return to 4-2-3-1 for tonight’s Tottenham Hotspur game, matching up with the English side.

The Bianconeri have been playing with a 4-3-3 in recent weeks, but operated with a 4-2-3-1 system for the second half of last season.

With Blaise Matuidi out injured, it was reported that Rodrigo Bentancur would take his place, but Coach Massimiliano Allegri hinted yesterday he could change the shape.

Now Sky Italia is reporting that Allegri will go back to 4-2-3-1, allowing him to play all three of Mario Mandzukic, Douglas Costa and Federico Bernardeschi.

Sami Khedira and Miralem Pjanic will occupy the central midfield roles, with Mattia De Sciglio replacing Stephan Lichtsteiner at right-back.

Spurs are also expected to line-up in a 4-2-3-1 shape, with Son Heung-min, Dele Alli and Christian Eriksen supporting Harry Kane.

Probable line-ups:

Juventus: Buffon; De Sciglio, Benatia, Chiellini, Alex Sandro; Pjanic, Khedira; Mandzukic, Douglas Costa, Bernardeschi; Higuain

Tottenham: Lloris; Aurier, Sanchez, Vertonghen, Rose; Dier, Dembele; Eriksen, Alli, Son; Kane

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
130784 messaggi

swcy9l.png

Round of 16 - first leg

Allianz Stadium - Turin

Douglas Costa: ‘Juventus deserve CL’

https://www.football-italia.net/117138/‘juventus-deserve-cl’

Feb 13, 2018

Douglas Costa insists “Juventus deserve the Champions League”, and on a personal level winning it would be “a dream come true”.

The Bianconeri haven’t won the trophy since 1996, losing five finals since then, including two in the past three years.

“No-one wants to lose two finals,” the winger admitted, speaking to UEFA’s official website.

“Juventus deserve to win the Champions League. That’s why we’ll do everything and always fight at our best.

“I think every great club dreams of winning the Champions League, and we’re no exception. We’re working hard every day to win every competition in which we’re competing.

“We’re in the Champions League, and we want to win it. Winning the Champions League would be a dream come true, a dream I’ve had since the start of my career.”

Juve face Tottenham in the competition tonight, in the first leg of their Last 16 tie.

“Tottenham have so much quality, it’ll be a beautiful challenge. They’re playing really well in the Premier League and in the Champions League.

“It’ll be a clash of the titans, a really fascinating Last 16 clash.

“We can only focus on what [Coach Max] Allegri asks us to do on the pitch, play well tactically, defend and counter-attack well. That’s our spirit, it’s how we’ve been playing for a while now.

“Both when we play in Italy and in the Champions League, we don’t focus too much on the players we face. We only think about the work we have to do as a team.

“We’ve improved tactically, we’re not conceding many goals. We’re on the right track to build a very solid defence.

“It’ll be a 180-minute match and we need to concentrate on not conceding a goal. When our defence is solid, we can counter-attack well and score.

“There were a lot of new players at the beginning but now we are getting to know each other better.

“Now begins another phase of the Champions League, a completely different phase from the group stage.

“Now maths doesn’t come into it, you can’t make calculations.

“It’s important that we win the first leg so that we can go to London with a good result. The return leg will be at Wembley.

“Obviously that’ll be special, playing in the great stadiums is every player’s dream. I won’t deny it’ll be important for me and my career.”

The winger joined on loan from Bayern Munich last summer, a deal which will be made permanent at the end of the season.

“Playing for Juventus is something indescribable, I could not have imagined the love that the fans feel for the players,” Costa said.

“They’re incredible, they transmit their energy to the players on the pitch and that’s how it should always be. It’s fantastic to wear the Juventus shirt.

“I’m very happy here and I hope to stay for many years.

“Munich is colder, though it welcomes Brazilians very well. I feel at home in Italy though.”

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
130784 messaggi

swcy9l.png

Round of 16 - first leg

Allianz Stadium - Turin

Line-ups: Juventus v Tottenham

https://www.football-italia.net/117146/line-ups-juventus-v-tottenham

Feb 13, 2018

Juventus field an all-attack 4-2-3-1 formation against Harry Kane and Erik Lamela's Tottenham in the Champions League Round of 16.

The first leg kicks off in Turin at 20.45 CET - 19.45 GMT. 

The Bianconeri are seeking their third Final in four years, putting them among the continent’s powerhouses.

On the other hand, this young Spurs side is short on experience and brimming with enthusiasm.

Max Allegri must do without Paulo Dybala, Juan Cuadrado, Blaise Matuidi, Andrea Barzagli, Stephan Lichtsteiner and Benedikt Howedes.

Medhi Benatia therefore partners Giorgio Chiellini in central defence.

The Old Lady is yet to concede a single goal in 2018, keeping seven consecutive clean sheets, and let in only one – during a 3-1 victory over Hellas Verona on December 30 – since November 22, a run of 16 games.

With Matuidi out, Rodrigo Bentancur and Stefano Sturaro were midfield options, but Allegri has instead shelved the 4-3-3 in favour of an all-attack 4-2-3-1.

Miralem Pjanic and Sami Khedira man the midfield, supporting Federico Bernardeschi, Douglas Costa, Mario Mandzukic and centre-forward Gonzalo Higuain.

Tottenham have one name that stands out above all others and that is Harry Kane, probably the form striker in the world right now.

Aged only 24, he has already scored 100 Premier League goals, netted five in six Champions League games this season and has been strongly linked with a Real Madrid move.

Kane is supported by fellow England international Dele Alli, Dane Christian Eriksen and surprise pick Lamela, a former Roma player.

Toby Alderweireld is left at home in defence due to injury, but Mauricio Pochettino leaves Heung-Min Son on the bench.

It’s a curious decision, as Son has scored three Champions League goals this season.

Pochettino’s great-grandfather was from Turin and left Italy in 1867 for Argentina, so it’s a homecoming both for him and ex-Juventus striker Fernando Llorente, who isn't even on the bench.

This is the first ever competitive match between these two clubs, but Juve are unbeaten in 22 home Champions League fixtures, winning 14 of them.

The second leg is at Wembley Stadium on March 7.

Juventus: Buffon; De Sciglio, Benatia, Chiellini, Alex Sandro; Khedira, Pjanic; Bernardeschi, Douglas Costa, Mandzukic; Higuain

Juventus bench: Szczesny, Marchisio, Asamoah, Rugani, Sturaro, Bentancur, Muratore

Tottenham Hotspur: Lloris; Aurier, Sanchez, Vertonghen, Davies; Dier, Dembele, Eriksen; Alli, Lamela; Kane

Tottenham bench: Gazzaniga, Trippier, Rose, Son, Wanyama, Sissoko, Lucas

Ref: Brych (GER)

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
130784 messaggi

swcy9l.png

Round of 16 - first leg

Allianz Stadium - Turin

HT 2-1: Higuain hero and villain

DV8UesWWkAEYezo.jpg

https://www.football-italia.net/117150/ht-higuain-hero-and-villain

Feb 13, 2018

Gonzalo Higuain’s brace gave Juventus a lightning 2-0 lead, but he missed a penalty after Harry Kane got Tottenham back into it.

In the absence of Paulo Dybala, Juan Cuadrado, Blaise Matuidi, Stephan Lichtsteiner, Andrea Barzagli and Benedikt Howedes, Max Allegri shook things up with a 4-2-3-1 formation using all his attacking players simultaneously. Spurs had beaten Real Madrid and Borussia Dortmund in the group stage with Harry Kane scoring six in five games. Toby Alderweireld and reserve goalkeeper Vorm missed out, but Erik Lamela was given a surprise start.

This was the first ever competitive meeting between the two sides, though Tottenham did win a friendly played at Wembley in August.

It took all of 90 seconds to break the deadlock, as Miralem Pjanic dinked up a free kick to find Higuain totally unmarked and he steered the precise finish under Hugo Lloris from 14 yards. There were some suspicions of offside.

The Bianconeri’s dream start continued when Ben Davies horribly mistimed his tackle on Bernardeschi, clattering him in the penalty area. Higuain stepped up to convert, even if Lloris got a hand to it at the near bottom corner. This made it the fastest Champions League brace for a Juve player.

Harry Kane had penalty appeals, but went over far too easily under a Medhi Benatia nudge. Kane did have a great chance with his free header on 26 minutes, but 40-year-old Gigi Buffon came to the rescue with a splendid reaction save from point-blank range.

Mattia De Sciglio made a decisive tackle in the box on Dele Alli and Juve immediately countered, Higuain turning wide after a give-and-go with Pjanic.

Buffon got his fingertips to a scuffed Kane drive, but could do nothing when the England international sprung the offside trap on an Alli through ball and dribbled round to score from a tight angle. Juventus had been sitting back increasingly since the second goal and this was the first they had conceded in any competition in 2018, the first at home since November.

Buffon had his gloves stung by Eriksen from distance and Spurs took control of possession in Turin. Despite that pressure, Douglas Costa turned on the turbo to get away from Serge Aurier and was brought down for another penalty. Higuain stepped up again, but rather than complete his hat-trick, he blasted it off the crossbar.

Juventus 2-1 Tottenham (Half-Time)

Higuain 2, pen 9 (J), Kane 35 (T)

Juventus: Buffon; De Sciglio, Benatia, Chiellini, Alex Sandro; Khedira, Pjanic; Bernardeschi, Douglas Costa, Mandzukic; Higuain

Tottenham Hotspur: Lloris; Aurier, Sanchez, Vertonghen, Davies; Eriksen, Dembele, Dier; Lamela, Kane, Alli

Ref: Brych (GER)

Missed penalty: Higuain 45+1 (J)

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
130784 messaggi

xofhxd.jpg

105px-Juventus_FC_2017_logo.png      2-2  tottenham-hotspur-128x128.png 

Gonzalo Higuaín 2' 

Gonzalo Higuaín 9' (penalty)

Harry Kane 35'

Christian Eriksen 71'   

Round of 16 - first leg

Allianz Stadium - Turin

Juventus 2 Tottenham 2: Eriksen completes

comeback to give Spurs the edge

It looked bleak for Tottenham when Juventus opened up an early two-goal

lead, but the Premier League side fought back to earn a draw.

DV8i01oXcAA5Mma.jpg

http://www.goal.com/en/match/juventus-v-tottenham-hotspur/report/69yl7qxc0acjvtb9vsxzoi92i

Feb 13, 2018

Tottenham came from 2-0 down to draw 2-2 with Juventus in Tuesday's Champions League last-16 first-leg clash in Turin.

An early double from Gonzalo Higuain appeared to have set the Serie A champions up for a comfortable victory, before Harry Kane and Christian Eriksen gave Spurs a slight advantage to take back to Wembley with two away goals.

Juve, unbeaten at home in the competition since losing to Bayern Munich in April 2013, took the lead inside the first two minutes through a fine volley from Higuain, although he was perhaps lucky not to be penalised for offside.

The Argentina striker made it 2-0 in the ninth minute from the penalty spot, but Spurs – buoyed by their weekend win over fierce rivals Arsenal – began to take control from then on and Kane's 33rd goal of the season, the first conceded by Gianluigi Buffon in 694 minutes for club and country, gave Spurs a lifeline.

Higuain missed a second penalty before the break during an uncharacteristically nervous performance from Massimiliano Allegri's side, and Spurs secured a fine result 19 minutes from time, when Eriksen wrong-footed Buffon with a free-kick.

The result ends Juve's 11-game winning run in all competitions and leaves them facing a sizeable task if they are to keep their quest alive for a third final appearance in four years.

View image on Twitter

2016 - It's the first time since February 2016 that Juventus concede at least 2 goals in a CL game at home (2-2 v Bayern). Danger.

Juve's lightning start saw them take the lead with their fastest goal in a Champions League match since Alessandro Del Piero scored against Manchester United in 1997 inside 30 seconds.

Miralem Pjanic won a free-kick against Mousa Dembele and clipped the ball cleverly into the path of Higuain, who watched the ball drop over his shoulder before volleying across Hugo Lloris' goal and into the bottom-left corner.

Matters got worse for Spurs just six minutes later. Ben Davies felled Federico Bernardeschi inside the penalty area and Higuain swept low past Lloris from the spot, despite the France keeper again getting a glove to the ball.

2 - Gonzalo Higuain's brace is the fastest scored by a Juventus player in Champions League/European Cup history. Sprint. #JUVTOT

Kane felt aggrieved not to win a spot-kick of his own after going down under pressure from Medhi Benatia, and the England striker wasted a glorious chance to get a goal back 26 minutes in, heading straight at Buffon from point-blank range.

But Kane gave the visitors hope with 35 minutes played, racing onto Dele Alli's pass before beating the onrushing Buffon and firing home.

View image on Twitter

7 - Harry Kane has equalled the record for the most goals scored by an English player in a single Champions League season (7), level with Steven Gerrard in 2008-09. Comeback.

Spurs were in the ascendancy, but Juve spurned the chance to make it 3-1 seconds before half-time, when Higuain blasted his second penalty of the game off the crossbar after Serge Aurier had brought down Douglas Costa.

The second half was a much more balanced and less open affair, with Juve coming closest to the critical fourth goal in the tie when Bernardeschi's drive was tipped past the post by Lloris.

Mauricio Pochettino's side were still the more composed of the two teams, though, and they got the second goal their performance deserved with 71 minutes played, as Eriksen fizzed a free-kick into the bottom-left corner past the uncertain Buffon, setting up a tantalising second leg on March 7.

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
130784 messaggi

swcy9l.png

105px-Juventus_FC_2017_logo.png      2-2  tottenham-hotspur-128x128.png 

Gonzalo Higuaín 2' 

Harry Kane 35'

Christian Eriksen 71'   

Round of 16 - first leg

Allianz Stadium - Turin

Bernardeschi: 'Juve deserved win'

Juventus, Bernardeschi: «A Londra per vincere»

https://www.football-italia.net/117153/bernardeschi-juve-deserved-win

Feb 13, 2018

Federico Bernardeschi insists Juventus “deserved to win and are confident going into the second leg” after a 2-2 draw with Tottenham.

The Bianconeri had surged into a 2-0 lead within 10 minutes thanks to Gonzalo Higuain’s brace, but he missed a penalty with Harry Kane and Christian Eriksen completing the comeback in the Round of 16 Champions League tie.

“Being under pressure is to be expected at this level, as we were facing a strong opponent, but we played with the right grit and determination,” Bernardeschi told Mediaset Premium.

“After going 2-0 up, we couldn’t possibly maintain that tempo.

“It’s a pity about the 2-2 result, because we deserved to win, but we’re confident going into the second leg. We go there aware that we can win.”

The return is at Wembley on March 7.

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
130784 messaggi

swcy9l.png

Gonzalo Higuaín 2' 

Harry Kane 35'

Christian Eriksen 71'   

Round of 16 - first leg

Allianz Stadium - Turin

Allegri: 'Juve have what it takes'

DV8vIsYXkAIdvdQ.jpg

https://www.football-italia.net/117156/allegri-juve-have-what-it-takes

Feb 13, 2018

Massimiliano Allegri maintains Juventus “have everything it takes to progress” in the Champions League, despite a 2-2 draw with Tottenham.

The Bianconeri had a dream start to this Round of 16 tie, going 2-0 up within nine minutes, but allowed a comeback, missed a penalty and eventually had only 33 per cent possession in Turin.

“It was a good game, Juve made a few mistakes, partly because of their pressure,” the Coach told Mediaset Premium.

“Gigi Buffon made a great save, we had the chance to go 3-0 up and then missed a penalty. We knew there would be difficulties, now the second leg will be a one-off and we’ll try to win.

“It was only normal to have some difficulties. After going 2-0 up, we got too deep and stopped playing, but part of that was also down to Tottenham’s performance. It was still a Champions League Round of 16, let’s not forget.

“It’s a pity we didn’t win, but we have everything it takes to progress to the quarter-finals.

“Tottenham are a very physical and technical team. Apart from one Buffon save, they didn’t have any real chances. We lost the ball playing it out of defence and conceded.”

Juventus changed to a 4-2-3-1 formation, partly due to injuries ruling out Paulo Dybala, Juan Cuadrado, Blaise Matuidi, Andrea Barzagli, Stephan Lichtsteiner and Benedikt Howedes.

“Dybala and Matuidi should be back for the second leg, but that is in a month’s time and we now have to focus on Torino this weekend.”

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
130784 messaggi

swcy9l.png

Gonzalo Higuaín 2' 

Harry Kane 35'

Christian Eriksen 71'   

Round of 16 - first leg

Allianz Stadium - Turin

Pochettino: 'Spurs dominated Juve'

235100483-128c8ec0-2902-497f-b5f2-882323

https://www.football-italia.net/117157/pochettino-spurs-dominated-juve

Feb 13, 2018

Mauricio Pochettino told Italian and English television that Tottenham “dominated Juventus for most” of their 2-2 Champions League draw.

Gonzalo Higuain had put the Bianconeri 2-0 up within 10 minutes, but Harry Kane pulled one back and after Pipita’s missed penalty, Christian Eriksen fired in a free kick.

“We dominated Juve for most of the game, playing our style of football,” the tactician told Mediaset Premium in Italy.

“Perhaps on the first goal, Higuain was also offside. After going 2-0 down, my team showed a great reaction.

“Qualification for the quarter-finals is still wide open, as Juve remain a very strong squad. It’ll be a competitive game in the second leg.

“I’m glad people were entertained watching this match.”

Pochettino also spoke to English television on BT Sport ahead of the second leg at Wembley on March 7.

“I think it was a fantastic game. We conceded two goals in seven minutes, but the character we showed today was fantastic.

“Firstly I want to thank the players, because 2-0 down here in Turin against a team that is so difficult to break down, I think in the end we deserved the victory more than the draw.

“It’s important to recognise and congratulate the players, because the effort and character shown today was fantastic.

“Of course, we are more mature. We’ve been saying over the last few weeks that the team is growing and stepped up. In a difficult moment, because going 2-0 down was very difficult, the team was amazing in the way we reacted”.

Pochettino conceded the missed Higuain penalty on the stroke of half-time was a decisive incident.

“It’s true, you need some luck in football. It’s true that 2-1 is not the same as 3-1, but in that moment the team did not deserve to go down by two goals.

“We played much better in the second half and in the end the draw is a good result, but there are also a few regrets, because we were much better than them.

“The tie is open and Juventus are a massive club, so of course they’ll be able to win at Wembley, but we too can hope to beat them and it’ll be great to play in front of our fans.”

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
130784 messaggi

swcy9l.png

Gonzalo Higuaín 2' 

Harry Kane 35'

Christian Eriksen 71'   

Round of 16 - first leg

Allianz Stadium - Turin

De Sciglio: 'Juve got too deep'

235301252-cdf6e60f-9880-40ad-a6ac-fcb97e

https://www.football-italia.net/117163/de-sciglio-juve-got-too-deep

Feb 13, 2018

Mattia De Sciglio acknowledges Juventus “allowed Tottenham too much of the pitch and were too far away to counter.”

The Bianconeri were 2-0 up within 10 minutes, but ended up with just 33 per cent possession in the 2-2 draw with Spurs.

“We knew it was going to be a difficult game, as Tottenham are a great team,” De Sciglio told Mediaset Premium.

“They might be a little loose at the back, but from the midfield up they are very talented.

“After we went 2-0 up, we got too deep and allowed Tottenham too much of the pitch. They advanced so much that we were then too far away to go on the counter-attack.

“Unfortunately, that’s what can happen in a Champions League Round of 16. It’s disappointing, as we had an important advantage, but there’s still the second leg.

“There will certainly be difficulties in Wembley, but we want to build on the opening 10 minutes we saw today.”

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
130784 messaggi

swcy9l.png

Gonzalo Higuaín 2' 

Harry Kane 35'

Christian Eriksen 71'   

Round of 16 - first leg

Allianz Stadium - Turin

Allegri bites back at Juve critics

Allegri-1802-waah-epa.jpg

https://www.football-italia.net/117160/allegri-bites-back-juve-critics

Feb 13, 2018

Juventus Coach Max Allegri was very irritable and defensive after the 2-2 draw with Tottenham. “People have lost objectivity.”

It was a dream start with Gonzalo Higuain’s brace after 10 minutes, but Spurs fought back and Pipita missed a penalty in Turin.

What most irked the Bianconeri fans was the possession statistic at the final whistle: 33 per cent for the hosts.

“Football is strange, you can go from a possible 3-0 to 2-1, a possible 3-1 to 2-2. I think we all knew how complicated this would be,” said Allegri in a Press conference.

“Now it’ll be like a Final in London.”

The second leg is at Wembley Stadium on March 7 and Juve hope to have Paulo Dybala and Blaise Matuidi available again.

As the line of questioning focused on where it had all gone wrong, Allegri became increasingly frustrated.

“Apart from Gigi Buffon’s save on Harry Kane, Tottenham didn’t have any real chances. In the second half we changed a few things and overall played a good game.

“We conceded the first goal playing out of defence, the second on a free kick. Football gives and it takes away, but I don’t think there’s any need to get depressed.

“If someone thought Juve could win this 4-0, then they were way off track. Perhaps reaching two Finals in three years was damaging to some people.

“Who didn’t play is irrelevant. The team put in a good performance, we took the lead and in the second half were more dangerous than them. Tottenham played very well and when we go to London, they’ll be under more pressure than us.

“They were surprised by our start and had to do something to react. We were pinned back because our wingers were too deep. It’s a pity, we’ll just have to fight for our qualification in London.

“I didn’t ask the team to go deep, more than anything else we were pushed back by Tottenham. After that 25-minute spell when they pinned us back, we couldn’t get back out.

“The Champions League is a dream and an objective, but winning it is not easy. I think people have lost some objectivity here. Juve play to win, but they are not the favourites. You can’t reach the Final every year.

“I believe the lads are putting in a fantastic season, but that’s a long way off thinking they can win a Round of 16 by a 3-0 scoreline.

“This really irritates me, because people have no idea on the dimensions of teams. The primary objective is the Scudetto: that is nothing to be sniffed at and is not easy. Then we’ll try to go forward in the Champions League.

“I will not accept that tonight’s 2-2 draw could depress the Juve fans. There are some scary ups and downs in the mood here.

“We were never the favourites to reach the quarter-final. It was always 50-50 with Tottenham and it still is. People must realise that winning is not normality, it is extraordinary. This team has won six Scudetti and reached two Champions League Finals. It’s a fine line in the Champions League between winning and not winning.

“Juve and Tottenham are sides who can have ambitions going forward, but compared to Bayern Munich, Barcelona and Real Madrid are a step below. In fact, I’d add PSG and Manchester City to that list.

“Next season it will be even more difficult. The best teams reach the Final and Juventus have had three extraordinary campaigns.”

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
130784 messaggi

swcy9l.png

Gonzalo Higuaín 2' 

Harry Kane 35'

Christian Eriksen 71'   

Round of 16 - first leg

Allianz Stadium - Turin

Higuain: ‘It’s easy to talk’

213933959-76ab2e4c-75fc-4259-a21c-467d1e

https://www.football-italia.net/117172/higuain-‘it’s-easy-talk’

Feb 14, 2018

Gonzalo Higuain says “it’s easy to talk from a sofa or an armchair” after Juventus blew a 2-0 lead against Tottenham Hotspur.

The English side became the first to overturn a 2-0 deficit since the Bianconeri moved to their new stadium in 2011, and the first to score twice there since January 2017.

Higuain scored twice within in the first 10 minutes, but he later missed a penalty and Harry Kane and Christian Eriksen earned Spurs a draw.

“Good morning everyone,” Pipita posted on his Instagram page.

“It’s easy to talk after the game from a sofa or an armchair… until 2-0 everything was perfect, after the 2-2 the judgement changes quickly.

“We’re not really interested in these voices. Let’s go to London to secure this qualification, a hug to everyone who truly wants good things for Juventus.”

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
130784 messaggi

2dky5ig.jpg

swcy9l.png

TORINO - JUVENTUS

torino-128x128.png  .....     ..... 105px-Juventus_FC_2017_logo.png                 

25th Matchday

Sunday, february 18th 2018 - 12:30 p.m. CET 

11.30 a.m. UK time - 10.30 a.m. GMT
Grande Torino Stadium - Turin
Referee: Daniele Orsato

Orsato for Turin derby

https://www.football-italia.net/117221/orsato-turin-derby

Feb 15, 2018

Daniele Orsato has been named as the referee for Sunday’s Derby della Mole between Torino and Juventus.

The Turin derby is the early kick-off on Sunday for Week 25, with the Bianconeri looking to return to the top of Serie A before Napoli play Spal in the afternoon.

Today the AIA has announced the referees for this weekend, and Orsato has been assigned to the derby.

Daniele Doveri has been entrusted with Sampdoria’s visit to Milan, while Claudio Gavillucci will be the man in the middle when Napoli face Spal.

Serie A Week 25 referees:

Atalanta-Fiorentina - Fabio Maresca
Benevento-Crotone - Gianluca Rocchi
Bologna-Sassuolo - Paolo Tagliavento
Chievo-Cagliari - Luigi Nasca
Genoa-Inter - Michael Fabbri
Lazio-Verona - Gianpaolo Calvarese
Milan-Sampdoria - Daniele Doveri
Napoli-Spal - Claudio Gavillucci
Torino-Juventus - Daniele Orsato
Udinese-Roma - Marco Di Bello

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
130784 messaggi

2dky5ig.jpg

swcy9l.png

TORINO - JUVENTUS

25th Matchday

Allegri: 'No Champions obsession'

https://www.football-italia.net/117331/allegri-no-champions-obsession

Feb 17, 2018

Max Allegri transforms Juventus against Torino, losing Mario Mandzukic and probably Federico Bernardeschi, but warns against a “Champions League obsession.”

The Derby della Mole kicks off on Sunday at 12.30 CET - 11.30 GMT.

“Next week, everyone will be available except for Juan Cuadrado,” revealed the Coach in his Press conference.

“Mandzukic has a fever, so I sent him home. Bernardeschi had a muscular problem in training yesterday, so he is at our disposal, but needs to be evaluated.

“If Bernardeschi can’t play, I’ll find someone to go upfront. We’ve got Rodrigo Bentancur, Alex Sandro and Stefano Sturaro. We’ll find someone!

“Dybala is in good condition, but not enough to start. He can probably play about 30 minutes. From next week, Blaise Matuidi will be available too. I can confirm Miralem Pjanic and Sami Khedira will start in midfield, but I have yet to decide on the third name.

“As was planned, Gigi Buffon will rest tomorrow and return against Atalanta in the Coppa Italia semi-final. Wojciech Szczesny will start.

“We were well aware going in that there wouldn’t be many players available for these two games against Tottenham and Torino, but we’re prepared for that.

“Torino haven’t yet conceded a goal on home turf since Walter Mazzarri took over at Torino, so they are a very solid side. The Derby is always an important match, a key moment in the campaign. Also, three points tomorrow would allow us to stay in Napoli’s slipstream.”

Napoli made their ambitions clear by fielding a second-string line-up in the Europa League defeat to RB Leipzig on Thursday, putting all their eggs in the Scudetto basket.

“Playing in Europe is always difficult. Napoli came up against a very good team that caused them problems,” assured Allegri.

Juve also stuttered in continental competition, fumbling a 2-0 lead to draw 2-2 at home with Tottenham Hotspur in the Champions League.

“Our chances of progress are just the same as they were before the first leg. We got a lot wrong in that game, as our pass completion rate was around 55 per cent when it is usually in the 70s. Having said that, Tottenham have for years been the most prolific side in the Premier League with a strong defence and the top scorer. They are not an easy team to face.

“The Champions League must not be experienced as an obsession, because when you have an obsession, you never win! I say everyone around Juventus ought to be very proud, because we have become stable in the top 10 European clubs.

“It ought to be motivating to face the other big sides in Europe, always remembering that a ball 5cm one way or the other can decide if you progress or not.

“The important thing now is to focus on Serie A and the Coppa Italia semi-final, because there’s a long way to go before March 6 and Wembley.

“Torino play good football and allow few opportunities to score, so it’ll be a game decided on incidents and set plays. Mazzarri has brought in his ideas and has always had good results in his career.

“The derby is always a derby, so it’s tough regardless of the circumstances.”

Napoli boss Maurizio Sarri has again been protesting at the fixture list, but Allegri shrugged it off.

“There’s always pressure, as if you play before the leaders, the pressure is to get the result, if you play after, there’s the pressure of keeping up with them. It’s like a dog chasing its tail. We are in a global football world with different games over several days to suit TV rights. If you don’t like it, then work in Lega Pro where they play once every 15 days.”

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
130784 messaggi

2dky5ig.jpg

swcy9l.png

TORINO - JUVENTUS

25th Matchday

Dybala returns for Juventus

https://www.football-italia.net/117337/dybala-returns-juventus

Feb 17, 2018

Paulo Dybala is back in the Juventus squad to face Torino in the Derby della Mole, but Mario Mandzukic is out with flu.

It kicks off on Sunday at 12.30 CET - 11.30 GMT.

As announced by Max Allegri in his Press conference, Dybala has returned from injury, but will not be fit to play more than around 30 minutes.

Mandzukic has been sent home with a fever, while Blaise Matuidi and Juan Cuadrado are still sidelined.

Federico Bernardeschi is in the squad, but had a muscular problem in training on Friday and remains in doubt.

Allegri stated that everyone will be available from next week except for Cuadrado, which is good news going into the Coppa Italia semi-final with Atalanta and Champions League trip to Tottenham Hotspur.

Juventus squad for Torino: Buffon, De Sciglio, Chiellini, Benatia, Pjanic, Khedira, Marchisio, Higuain, Dybala, Douglas Costa, Alex Sandro, Barzagli, Pinsoglio, Howedes, Asamoah, Szczesny, Rugani, Lichtsteiner, Sturaro, Bentancur, Bernardeschi

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
130784 messaggi

2dky5ig.jpg

swcy9l.png

TORINO - JUVENTUS

25th Matchday

Buffon to start derby on bench

https://www.football-italia.net/117366/buffon-start-derby-bench

Feb 18, 2018

Juventus’ Gigi Buffon will start today’s Derby della Mole against Torino on the bench.

Instead, Wojciech Szczesny is in line to face Walter Mazzarri’s side at the Stadio Olimpico, with Old Lady Coach Max Allegri saying the change was ‘planned’ and that his captain is being ‘rested.’

This is far from the first time the 40-year-old has not featured for the Bianconeri in Serie A this season.

Aside from a muscular injury ruling him out of action for much of December and January, Buffon has started six of Juventus’ Serie A matches so far this campaign among the substitutes.

Although he has started every one of Juve’s Champions League matches he has been avaiblable for, Allegri’s decision to ommit Buffon for such an important fixture as today’s derby has prompted renewed specultion over his future.

With the former Italy number one’s contract set to expire this summer, Gazzetta dello Sport points out that the iconic goalkeeper may now have played his last ever Derby della Mole.

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
130784 messaggi

2dky5ig.jpg

swcy9l.png

TORINO - JUVENTUS

25th Matchday

Line-ups: Torino-Juventus

https://www.football-italia.net/117372/line-ups-torino-juventus

Feb 18, 2018

Juventus make radical changes with Alex Sandro in a new role and Wojciech Szczesny in goal, while Torino look to Andrea Belotti and Iago Falque.

The Derby della Mole kicks off at 12.30 CET - 11.30 GMT.

This fixture is always a fiery affair, especially when played at the Stadio Olimpico Grande Torino, and it’s Coach Walter Mazzarri’s first derby on the Granata bench.

He has a full squad to choose from and Il Gallo Belotti returned to the goal for the first time in 2018, running from his own half to beat the ‘keeper in a 2-0 victory over Udinese.

Mazzarri makes some adjustments with ex-Juventus midfielder Tomas Rincon protecting the defence, Cristian Ansaldi joining Iago Falque in a wider role and M’Baye Niang sent to the bench with outcast Adem Ljajic.

Juve showed problems when fumbling a 2-0 lead to draw 2-2 with Tottenham Hotspur in the Champions League midweek and the injuries continue to pile up.

Mario Mandzukic is out with flu, Blaise Matuidi and Juan Cuadrado are still side-lined, while Paulo Dybala and Federico Bernardeschi are not fit to start due to muscular issues.

Gigi Buffon is rested in favour of Wojciech Szczesny, so Stefano Sturaro is picked in midfield with Alex Sandro moved into a more advanced role as part of the trident attack with Douglas Costa and Gonzalo Higuain.

Toro have managed one point in their last seven meetings with Juve, home and away in all competition, since a 2-1 victory in April 2015.

Torino: Sirigu; De Silvestri, N'Koulou, Burdisso, Molinaro; Rincon; Iago Falque, Baselli, Obi, Ansaldi; Belotti

Torino bench: Ichazo, Milinkovic-Savic, Bonifazi, Valdifiori, Acquah, Ljajic, Niang, Edera, Berenguer, Barreca, Moretti

Juventus: Szczesny; De Sciglio, Rugani, Chiellini, Asamoah; Khedira, Pjanic, Sturaro; Douglas Costa, Higuain, Alex Sandro

Juventus bench: Buffon, Pinsoglio, Lichtsteiner, Barzagli, Howedes, Benatia, Marchisio, Bentancur, Bernardeschi, Dybala

Ref: Orsato

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
130784 messaggi

2dky5ig.jpg

swcy9l.png

TORINO - JUVENTUS

25th Matchday

HT 0-1: Juve lead Toro despite Pipita exit

DWUUEr9XkAA6GIX.jpg

https://www.football-italia.net/117378/ht-juve-lead-toro-despite-pipita-exit

Feb 18, 2018

Despite losing Gonzalo Higuain to injury, Juventus have taken a half-time lead over Torino through Alex Sandro in the Derby della Mole.

The Derby della Mole is always a tense affair and this was Walter Mazzarri’s first on the Granata bench. M’Baye Niang was dropped to the bench with Adem Ljajic for a new 4-1-4-1 formation with Cristian Ansaldi in a more advanced role and Tomas Rincon protecting the defence against his former club. Juve rested Gigi Buffon, missed Mario Mandzukic, Blaise Matuidi and Juan Cuadrado, with Paulo Dybala and Federico Bernardeschi not fit to start, so Alex Sandro was pushed into the trident attack.

Toro managed one point in their last seven derbies, home and away in all competition, since a 2-1 victory in April 2015.

There was a crisis point within three minutes, as Gonzalo Higuain ran on to a dinked Miralem Pjanic pass and Salvatore Sirigu rushed out to palm it away from his feet, but Pipita landed awkwardly on his ankle and was left limping badly. In usual circumstances, he’d be substituted, but there were no other options on the bench, so he limped on.

Toro should’ve scored moments later, as an error sent Joel Obi clear on goal two against one, but when rolling across, unmarked Andrea Belotti’s first touch was awful.

Higuain simply could not continue and gave up after 15 minutes, introducing not fully fit Federico Bernardeschi and moving Douglas Costa to centre-forward.

Douglas Costa burst down the right, his cross found Kwadwo Asamoah for a low volley that was cleared practically off the line by Nicolas N’Koulou.

Belotti’s volley on a very long Iago Falque cross hit the side-netting and Wojciech Szczesny plucked a Lorenzo De Silvestri header out of the air, while Miralem Pjanic tested Sirigu with a free kick.

However, Juventus took the lead when Bernardeschi flew past Cristian Molinaro down the right and rolled across for Alex Sandro to tap in from a yard.

Suddenly, the confidence evaporated from Toro and Juve started to keep possession for long periods.

Torino 0-1 Juventus (Half-Time)

Alex Sandro 33 (J)

Torino: Sirigu; De Silvestri, N'Koulou, Burdisso, Molinaro; Rincon; Iago Falque, Baselli, Obi, Ansaldi; Belotti

Juventus: Szczesny; De Sciglio, Rugani, Chiellini, Asamoah; Khedira, Pjanic, Sturaro; Douglas Costa, Higuain (Bernardeschi 15), Alex Sandro

Ref: Orsato

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
130784 messaggi

2dky5ig.jpg

xofhxd.jpg

TORINO - JUVENTUS

.      torino-128x128.png     0-1 105px-Juventus_FC_2017_logo.png

Alex Sandro 33'

25th Matchday

Torino 0 Juventus 1: Champions win derby but lose Higuain

Juventus put more pressure on Napoli with victory over Torino

but Gonzalo Higuain's injury will be a cause for concern.

DWUjO-5W4AU--qC.jpg

http://www.goal.com/en/match/torino-v-juventus/report/bsll92rin3e8tbzs3pvd2rt62

Feb 18, 2018

Juventus lost Gonzalo Higuain to injury as they claimed a 1-0 derby win over Torino on Sunday to move top of Serie A, temporarily at least.

Alex Sandro scored the only goal of the game in the first half at the Olimpico Grande Torino to make it just one defeat in 24 league meetings for Juve with their city rivals.

However, the loss of Higuain after quarter of an hour will be a cause of concern for Massimiliano Allegri, even though Paulo Dybala was able to make his return from a hamstring injury.

Torino, who had won three and drawn one of their previous four home matches without conceding a goal, were the better of the two teams in the opening exchanges before Higuain went off after failing to run off a knock.

Juve, who started with Wojciech Szczesny in goal as one of four changes to the team that drew 2-2 with Tottenham in the Champions League, looked short of their best but struck the decisive blow through Alex Sandro in the 33rd minute.

It proved to be a fairly comfortable last hour for the champions, who move a point above Napoli at the top ahead of their clash with SPAL later on Sunday, but Higuain's injury will have soured the celebrations.

Higuain's match came to an end 15 minutes in, the striker deciding he was not able to continue having apparently hurt his ankle after hurdling goalkeeper Salvatore Sirigu.

Juve seemed unsettled by the loss of the Argentine and their frustrations grew when Cristian Ansaldi escaped punishment for a crude lunge on Miralem Pjanic.

Torino created the better of the early chances, too, with Andrea Belotti firing into the side-netting and Szczesny claiming Lorenzo De Silvestri's header, but the visitors struck the first blow 33 minutes in.

Federico Bernardeschi, on for Higuain, drove past Cristian Molinaro into the box and fired towards the far post, giving Alex Sandro a simple finish on the goal line.

With their lead intact, Juve appeared happy to soak up any Torino pressure early in the second half, before Dybala was introduced just past the hour mark for his first Serie A appearance since January 6.

It was the Argentine forward who had the first real chance to add to Juve's lead, racing onto Bernardeschi's pass into the area but just failing to steer the ball on target with his right foot.

Dybala's touch seemed to be deserting him on his return, as he sliced another good chance over the bar after Alex Sandro teed him up 15 yards out, and scuffed a shot straight at Sirigu after a promising run.

They did not prove costly misses, though, as Juve saw out a ninth-straight win in the top flight ahead of a crucial run of matches, which includes league and Coppa Italia meetings with Atalanta, a trip to Lazio and the return clash with Spurs at Wembley.

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
Ospite
Questa discussione è chiusa.
Accedi per seguire   

• Chi sta navigando   0 utenti

Nessun utente registrato visualizza questa pagina.

• Crea Nuovo...