Socrates

Cristiano Ronaldo

130779 messaggi

Home

Ronaldo: 'The difference with Messi...'

Afbeeldingsresultaat voor cr7 e messi

https://www.football-italia.net/142047/ronaldo-difference-messi

Aug 13, 2019

Cristiano Ronaldo insists “the difference with Lionel Messi is that I won the Champions League with several clubs and I identify with this tournament.”

The Juventus star spoke to DAZN in a documentary for their ‘The Making Of’ series, with another clip released today.

He discusses his rivalry with Barcelona hero Messi and their constant battle to be considered the greatest of their generation.

“The difference with Messi is that I played for several clubs and won the Champions League with different clubs,” said CR7.

“I was top scorer in the Champions League six seasons in a row. There aren’t many players who won five Champions League trophies, so this is why I feel that I can identity myself with this tournament.

“Messi is an excellent player who will be remembered not just for his Ballon d’Or wins, but also for having improved – like me – year after year.

“I wake up every morning with the idea in my head of training with the objective of achieving something more, not just to earn money. Thank God, I don’t lack money, so what I want to earn is a place in the history of football.”

The 34-year-old Portugal international won the Champions League with Manchester United in 2008, then four editions at Real Madrid, including three in a row from 2016 to 2018.

Ronaldo received five Ballon d’Or awards as Player of the Year.

As for Messi, the 32-year-old Argentine spent his entire career at Barcelona, also winning five editions of the Ballon d’Or, but only four Champions League trophies, the most recent in 2015.

Condividi questo messaggio

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
130779 messaggi

Home

Ronaldo up for UEFA award

Calciatore dell'anno Uefa: in lizza Ronaldo, Messi e Van Dijk

https://www.football-italia.net/142136/ronaldo-uefa-award

Aug 15, 2019

Juventus forward Cristiano Ronaldo is up for UEFA’s Men’s Player of the Year award with Lionel Messi and Virgil van Dijk.

Ronaldo is recognised for his six-goal haul in the Champions League last season, memorably firing Juve into the quarter-finals with a hat-trick against Atletico Madrid.

He is joined on the podium by long-time rival Messi and Liverpool’s Virgil van Dijk, who helped the Reds win the competition and is aiming to become the first-ever defender to receive the accolade.

The No 7 has been Player of the Year three times in its current guise – the most since the award was rebranded in 2011.

Luka Modric’s successor will be named on August 29 at a ceremony in Montecarlo.

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
130779 messaggi

Home

Ronaldo: Could retire next year...

Afbeeldingsresultaat voor cristiano ronaldo invecchiato

https://www.football-italia.net/142789/ronaldo-could-retire-next-year

Aug 21, 2019

Juventus star Cristiano Ronaldo has revealed that ‘I could end my career next year, but I could also play until I’m 40, 41.’

Ronaldo had just helped fire Real Madrid to a third consecutive Champions League when he joined Juve last summer, but the No 7 admits he was becoming too ‘comfortable’ in the Spanish capital.

“I don’t need football to live well, I’m fine financially,” he told TVI.

“What I need are attractive projects and Juve’s is one of them. I’ve always liked this team, they’re the best in Italy and one of the best in the world.

“They’ve always fought to establish themselves in Europe. And after winning in England and Spain, I also won in Italy and I’m happy to be here.

“Everyone wants to win the Champions League, us included, but we mustn’t treat it as an obsession.

“We must things take their course and go step by step. After that, we must remember that money doesn’t make the teams great. Look at how many years Barcelona, Bayern or PSG haven’t won the Champions League.

“I was worse in defeat a few years ago. If I lost, sometimes I didn’t have dinner, I’d go into a room and left the next day.

“With maturity, I learned that the most important thing in life wasn’t football. Obviously you have to be focused, because it’s your job, but you can also disconnect from it.

“Georgina knows nothing about football and I’m happy about that. She thinks like me and supports me in my choices, like coming to Turin.

“I could end my career next year, but I could also play until I’m 40, 41. I don’t know, but what I always say is that you have to enjoy the moment. The present is excellent and I must enjoy it.

“I believe no player holds more records than me. It wasn’t easy to leave Madrid. I was there for nine years, 60 percent of my career.

“I’d lifted 17 trophies and it had become a routine, but I wanted a different challenge and I’m very happy to be here.

“Leaving Madrid was even more complicated for my son Cristianinho because he had his friends there, but I’d been preparing to leave for months.

“He understood that there was the possibility his father would leave Real. He didn’t believe it, but he knew it could happen.

“I’m a person who doesn't like to stay in a comfort zone and Madrid was becoming one. I wanted a new challenge.

“Adapting was easy and [my son] Cris speaks four languages, even better than me. However, many of my teammates speak Spanish and English.

“It’s a challenge to become the player with most militancy, but there are other priorities in life. I have children and a woman.

“It’s worth facing this sacrifice, but I certainly love challenges and perfecting myself.”

The 34-year-old has won everything in club football, so does he have the hunger for more?

“I’ve won a lot of awards. And many times when I didn’t win, I felt it was the right decision. Other times I didn’t.

“Whoever wins always deserves to, and I’m one of the best in my work. I’m now in the history of football.

“It’s no coincidence that Messi and I are the only ones to have won five Ballon d’Or. I’m obsessed with success.

“It’s my job, but it’s not the end of the world if I don’t win. I still have the motivation to try to reassert myself on a collective and individual level, otherwise I’d have already stopped playing.

“It would be easy to stop because I’m not missing out on anything, but what moves me is m passion for football and desire to win.

“Work is everything, even Nobel-prize winners are great workers... I like learning from other sportspeople, like [sprinter Francis] Obikwelu. I like to emulate good examples.”

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
130779 messaggi

Home

La Liga wants Ronaldo back

Tebas, presidente della Liga: 'Vorrei che CR7 tornasse in Spagna'

https://www.football-italia.net/143904/la-liga-wants-ronaldo-back

Sep 6, 2019

La Liga President Javier Tebas admits ‘I’d like Cristiano Ronaldo to return to Spain’, even if he expected the forward’s move to Juventus ‘to hurt more’.

Ronaldo’s record-breaking goal return for Real Madrid and rivalry with Barcelona’s Lionel Messi helped raise the profile of La Liga, both commercially and in the Champions League.

“I thought his departure would hurt more, but I prefer a League with CR7 than one without,” Tebas told Canal 11.

“I’d like him to return to Spain.”

The 57-year-old also called for ex-Inter boss Jose Mourinho to come back.

“I’d like Jose Mourinho to come back and manage a team in La Liga.

“He’s a great Coach and a big name who can promote our League.”

Mourinho won a Spanish title and Copa del Rey with Los Blancos between 2010 and 2013.

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
130779 messaggi

Home

Ronaldo fastest striker in Serie A

Afbeeldingsresultaat voor juventus-napoli 4-3

https://www.football-italia.net/143917/ronaldo-fastest-striker-serie

Sep 7, 2019

Cristiano Ronaldo is the fastest striker in Serie A this season, the Juventus star hitting peaks of 34.62km/h at the age of 34, behind only Kostas Manolas.

According to La Gazzetta dello Sport, CR7 was also the quickest player in the Juve squad during the first two rounds of the campaign, beating Douglas Costa, Alex Sandro and Danilo.

Throughout the entire Serie A selection of players in the 2019-20 season so far, the only one to have gone faster than Ronaldo is Napoli centre-back Manolas, who reached 35.41km/h.

After Ronaldo, there is Torino forward Simone Zaza on 34.56km/h, then Roma defender Gianluca Mancini at 34.46km/h and Atalanta’s Albanian international Berat Djimsiti on 34.26km/h.

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
130779 messaggi

Home

Ronaldo Nike contract details leaked

CR7

https://www.football-italia.net/143928/ronaldo-nike-contract-details-leaked

Sep 7, 2019

Football Leaks continues to publish stories about Juventus forward Cristiano Ronaldo, including the details of an alleged €162m deal with Nike.

According to German magazine Der Spiegel, the latest sponsorship agreement signed in 2016 runs through to 2026 with €16m per year going to the player.

He also gets an extra €4m bonus when he wins the Ballon d’Or or FIFA The Best Award.

As CR7 was handed those trophies in 2016 and 2017, he earned €20.2m in both those years.

Ronaldo is also comfortably the best-paid player in Serie A with a reported €30m per year salary at Juventus.

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
130779 messaggi

Home

CR7 helps boost Juve revenue

Gerelateerde afbeelding

https://www.football-italia.net/143956/cr7-helps-boost-juve-revenue

Sep 8, 2019

Cristiano Ronaldo has helped boost Juventus social media presence by 68% and they’ll reap the rewards by tripling the Jeep sponsorship deal, claim Tuttosport.

The striker’s signing last summer was almost as important off the field as on, with statistics showing their social media followers have leapt from 49.7m to 83.8m in just over a year.

This is having an inevitable knock-on effect for the club when negotiating new sponsorship deals, as seen by Adidas increasing their investment with a contract worth €51m per year to 2027.

Now Tuttosport claim shirt sponsors Jeep are prepared to treble their current agreement with Juventus from the current €16m plus bonuses deal to €50m per season.

That contract expires in 2021 and negotiations are already underway to get the paperwork sorted early.

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
130779 messaggi

Home

Ronaldo sets new Euros record

230444182-09089d51-0ea6-461d-8a0e-0d4139

https://www.football-italia.net/144053/ronaldo-sets-new-euros-record

Sep 11, 2019

Juventus star Cristiano Ronaldo scored four goals for Portugal against Lithuania to become the most prolific player in Euro qualifying history.

Ronaldo hit a ‘poker’ during Portugal’s 5-1 win in Lithuania on Tuesday evening, taking his tally for the Selecao up to 93 goals in 159 caps.

More significantly, however, the 34-year-old surpassed former Republic of Ireland and Inter striker Robbie Keane in Euro qualifying goals with 25.

“I’m having a great time, but the same goes for the whole team,” he said after the game.

“I’m happy and I’m enjoying myself, not because I scored but rather for the level we’ve been playing at in recent years.

“It’s up to me to continue helping the national team. We overcame the hardest game, which was to beat Serbia.

“Today it was important to have given continuity to that victory. Now everything is open: we have two games soon, one at home and one away, and I think that winning one of them could be enough.”

Keane had been the previous top scorer with 23 goals.

The feat also saw the No 7 score his eighth hat-trick for Portugal and the 54th of his professional career.

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
130779 messaggi

Home

Ronaldo: Juve goal my favourite

Afbeeldingsresultaat voor gol di Cristiano ronaldo alla juventus

https://www.football-italia.net/144315/ronaldo-juve-goal-my-favourite

Sep 18, 2019

Cristiano Ronaldo confirms his overhead kick against Juventus is his favourite goal and warns his rivals “I don’t follow the records, the records follow me.”

The goal helped Real Madrid win a third, consecutive Champions League last year and was widely credited with taking Ronaldo to Juve.

“My favourite goal is the one I scored against Juventus,” said the No 7 in the ITV interview ‘Cristiano Ronaldo Meets Piers Morgan’.

“By far the best I scored in my career. I tried many times but I never succeeded. I think I’ll never see a bicycle goal like that, probably one of the best goals I’ve seen, even if someone else scored it.

“I worked for my success. Talent is not enough. I don’t follow the records, the records follow me. I’m addicted to success. It motivates me. The records come in a natural way.”

The No 7 is currently on five Ballon d’Ors but turned 34 in February, while he is two years younger than arch-rival Lionel Messi.

He has also amassed 145 individual records during his career, so does he have the hunger for more?

“I would love [more], and I think I deserve it. Messi is a fantastic guy, a fantastic player. He’s in the history of football - but I think I have to have six or seven or eight to be above him.

“My relationship with him is, we are not friends, but we have shared this stage for 15 years.

“I have a good relationship with him and I know that he has pushed me to be a better player and I have pushed him to be a better player as well.

“I’m sure I’m in the history of football for what I have done and what I’m continuing to do, but one of the best players in history.

“For me, the number one in history, but for some fans, if the No 1 is another one and I’m second, it doesn’t matter.

“I know I’m in the history of football as one of the greatest ever.”

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
130779 messaggi

Home

Messi beats Ronaldo to Best Player

Immagine

https://www.football-italia.net/144514/messi-beats-ronaldo-best-player

Sep 23, 2019

Lionel Messi has beaten Cristiano Ronaldo and Virgil van Dijk to be crowned The Best FIFA Men’s Player of 2019.

Messi helped Barcelona defend La Liga last season, while captaining Argentina to third place at Copa America over the summer.

The Argentine is now on six FIFA best-player gongs – one more than Ronaldo and more than any other player in history.

Ronaldo, meanwhile, did not attend The Best FIFA Football Awards gala in Milan, although he did feature in the FIFA FIFPro World 11.

However, the Juventus forward still has a chance to end the year with the Ballon d’Or, which is now a standalone prize after France Football ended its partnership with FIFA in 2016.

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
130779 messaggi

Home

Paratici: 'Ronaldo deserved award'

Gerelateerde afbeelding

https://www.football-italia.net/144545/paratici-ronaldo-deserved-award

Sep 24, 2019

Juventus director Fabio Paratici insists they “respect Lionel Messi, but Cristiano Ronaldo deserved to win the award as The Best.”

The trophy was handed out by FIFA last night in a ceremony at Milan’s legendary Scala opera house, but Ronaldo did not attend.

This is believed to be because he knew that he hadn’t won the main award, which went to Barcelona star Messi ahead of Liverpool defender Virgil van Dijk.

“We respect Messi, but Cristiano Ronaldo deserved to win the award as The Best,” Paratici told DAZN ahead of this evening’s Serie A game with Brescia.

“We thought that after last season, when he won the Nations League with Portugal, Serie A and the Italian Super Cup with Juve, he deserved to win it.

“It’s a pity he is not available this evening, but he had a slight adductor issue and we’ll see how he feels for the weekend.”

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
130779 messaggi

Home

FIFA The Best Messi votes falsified? :103:

Premio a Messi, che scandalo! Voti alterati, Fifa nella bufera

https://www.football-italia.net/144600/fifa-best-messi-votes-falsified

Sep 26, 2019

There is growing controversy over FIFA’s The Best Award because votes were incorrectly given to Leo Messi, according to at least two participants.

Turin-based newspaper Tuttosport have framed this as Juventus star Cristiano Ronaldo being ‘robbed’ of the trophy.

If anything, Liverpool defender Virgil van Dijk came in second on 38 rank points, followed by Ronaldo on 36, with Messi way out in front on 46.

Ronaldo did not attend the ceremony in Milan last week and it is not the first time he has snubbed a FIFA awards gala in recent months.

According to today’s edition of Turin-based newspaper Tuttosport, there are some very suspicious allegations emerging from those who voted for the award.

Both Nicaragua captain Juan Barrera and Sudan Coach Zdravko Lugarosic claim they were shocked to see the list of published votes with their preferences assigned to Messi.

Barrera tweeted that “any information on my vote for #TheBest2019 was falsified, thank you.”

A statement was later released by his club warning that he “expressed his concern because his name was used in a situation where he had no participation. He did not exercise any vote and the information presented does not correspond to his criteria.”

In an even stranger twist, Sudan Coach Logarusic reportedly a picture of his votes for Mohamed Salah, Sadio Mane and Kylian Mbappé.

However, the FIFA list has his vote changed to Lionel Messi, Virgil van Dijk and Sadio Mane.

The Sudan Football Federation came out afterwards to insist the 'original' was a photoshop and his vote had not been changed.

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
130779 messaggi

Home

Ronaldo Serie A's worst free kick taker

Afbeeldingsresultaat voor cristiano ronaldo juventus deluso

https://www.football-italia.net/144613/ronaldo-serie-worst-free-kick-taker

Sep 26, 2019

Cristiano Ronaldo has never scored a free kick for Juventus in 24 attempts, with 15 of them hitting the wall, prompting a possible rethink.

The star striker prides himself on his set play abilities, scoring some spectacular long-range strikes for Portugal and Real Madrid.

However, with his absence from the 2-1 win over Brescia on Tuesday seeing Paulo Dybala and Miralem Pjanic take over set piece duties, some are wondering whether to change the hierarchy.

AS calculated that Ronaldo has taken 24 direct free kicks since he joined Juventus last season and is yet to score a single one.

In 15 occasions, it went straight into the defensive wall, while two went off target and the other seven warranted some sort of challenge from the goalkeeper.

The only player recently to have done worse in Serie A was Camillo Ciano of Frosinone,  who had 21 attempts last term.

On the other hand, Juve have some reliable free kick takers like Paulo Dybala, who converted nine in the Juve jersey, while Miralem Pjanic scored seven.

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
130779 messaggi

Home

Ronaldo makes more CL history

Afbeeldingsresultaat voor ronaldo juventus bayer leverkusen

https://www.football-italia.net/144812/ronaldo-makes-more-cl-history

Oct 2, 2019

Cristiano Ronaldo made more Champions League history during Juventus’ 3-0 win against Bayer Leverkusen last night. 

Ronaldo rounded off the victory to help Juve earn their first Champions League win of the season.

The goal moved him to 128 goals, 16 clear of Barcelona rival Lionel Messi as the all-time top scorer in European competition.

He has also now netted in 14 consecutive Champions League seasons, putting him level with Messi and Real Madrid legend Raul Gonzalez.

In addition to those feats, the No 7 broke Iker Casillas’ record for most-ever Champions League wins as he is now on 102.

Finally, he equalled Raul’s record of scoring against 33 different opponents in Europe’s elite club tournament.

Last night’s match marked the 16-year anniversary of Ronaldo’s Champions League debut – a 2-1 defeat to Stuttgart with Manchester United in 2003.

• Like 1

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
130779 messaggi

Ronaldo on retirement: 'Who knows what can happen in an year or two..'

Afbeeldingsresultaat voor cristiano ronaldo juventus bayer leverkusen

https://www.calciomercato.com/en/news/ronaldo-on-retirement-who-knows-what-can-happen-in-an-year-or-tw-16695

Oct 2, 2019

Juventus superstar Cristiano Ronaldo has hinted at making a decision about retirement in the next two years.

Ronaldo has looked for Juve so far this season and ahead of the bianconeri's game against Bayer Leverkusen in the Champions League, he was interviewed by Sport Bible about retirement.

The Portuguese said: "I still love football. I love entertaining the fans and the people who love Cristiano Ronaldo. But in the last five years I started the process that will see me sooner or later go out of football, so who knows what will happen in a year or two?"

• Like 1

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
130779 messaggi

Home

Sporting stadium for CR7?

Uno stadio intitolato a Ronaldo: lo Sporting apre alla CR7 Arena

https://www.football-italia.net/145162/sporting-stadium-cr7

Oct 12, 2019

Sporting CP are reportedly preparing to name their stadium after Juventus star Cristiano Ronaldo once he retires. “We’d be very proud.”

The 34-year-old started his career at the Sporting youth academy, bumped up through the ranks to the first team for the 2002-03 season and immediately purchased by Manchester United.

Renaming the current Jose Alvalade Stadium was put forward by Sporting President and former medical staff director Frederico Varandas.

“It’s a theory we will not shelve and obviously we’d be very proud to have his name associated with us,” Varandas told Tuttosport.

“Cristiano is and always will be one of the greatest symbols in the history of our club. We’re already keeping his values on the walls of the youth academy, focusing on passion, sacrifice, discipline, leadership and determination. Cristiano is certainly the best Portuguese player of all time and one of the best athletes in the history of the sport.”

• Like 1

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
130779 messaggi

Home

Ronaldo scores 700th career goal: 'Records chasing me'

Afbeelding kan het volgende bevatten: een of meer mensen en sportende mensen

https://www.football-italia.net/145248/ronaldo-scores-700th-career-goal

https://www.football-italia.net/145255/ronaldo-records-chasing-me

Oct 15, 2019

Juventus forward Cristiano Ronaldo has joined an exclusive club after scoring his 700th career goal.

Ronaldo converted from the penalty spot during Portugal’s Euro 2020 qualifier against Ukraine on Monday evening.

He scored five goals in 31 games for Sporting CP, 118 in 292 for Manchester United, 450 in 438 for Real Madrid and 32 in 51 for Juve.

His tally is brought to 700 by his haul of 95 strikes in 163 caps for Portugal.

The 34-year-old becomes the sixth player in history to reach such a milestone after Josef Bican (805), Pele (779), Romario (748), Ferenc Puskas (709) and Gerd Muller (701).

Czech-Austrian striker Bican - active between 1928 and 1955 - is widely considered the highest professional scorer of all time.

After his 700th career goal, Cristiano Ronaldo insists he doesn’t seek out records, but rather “records come looking for me!” sefz 

The Juventus striker reached the milestone during last night’s Euro 2020 qualifier in Ukraine, converting a penalty for Portugal.

“Not just anyone can reach this figure. Thank you to my teammates, colleagues and Coaches who have helped me to become the player I am,” Ronaldo told reporters.

“I am disappointed that we didn't win, but proud of the team.”

CR7 has scored 95 goals in 162 games for his country at various levels, along with 605 goals in 811 club matches.

“How many records do I have? I don't know. I have to enjoy the moment and thank those who helped me reach this impressive mark. 

“Records come naturally - I don't go looking for them, records come looking for me! Without having an obsession, they happen naturally.”

• Like 1

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
130779 messaggi

Juventus make multi-million euros profit after signing Ronaldo

Afbeeldingsresultaat voor maglia di cristiano ronaldo Juventus

https://www.calciomercato.com/en/news/juventus-make-multi-million-euros-profit-after-signing-ronaldo-34724

Oct 16, 2019

Italian Serie A giants Juventus have recorded multi-million euros profit from the purchase of star striker Cristiano Ronaldo, as per Ilbianconero.Com who have cited Gazzetta dello Sport.

The Portugal international joined the Turin-based club in the summer of 2018 for a club-record fee of €113 million from Spanish giants Real Madrid.

The move was a surprising one as the former Manchester United striker announced his intension of leaving the Los Blancos right after winning the third consecutive UEFA Champions League title with a win against Liverpool.  

Since then, as per the report, Juventus have made a profit of as much as €58 million, largely because of one million shirt sales.

The report further stated that club’s social media presence has witnessed a 68% growth following CR7 arrival, whereas global fan pool of the club increased from 385 million to 423 million.

Since joining, Ronaldo has represented the Old Lady in 37 league matches where he has scored 24 goals.

• Like 1

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
130779 messaggi

Home

Ronaldo: 'Talent useless without work'

CR7: 'Crioterapia fino alle 4 di notte, alle 11 in palestra. Così si rimane al top'

https://www.football-italia.net/145765/ronaldo-talent-useless-without-work

Oct 29, 2019

Juventus star Cristiano Ronaldo tells France Football that he is working hard to “stay young” at 34 and warns "talent is useless without hard work."

The Portuguese superstar is in his second season as a Bianconeri and has already bagged four goals in Serie A this term. He admits that he is thinking about his age, but nowhere near resting on his laurels.

“My goal is to stay young as I get older, to stay competitive,” Ronaldo said to France Football. “How many players at my age will find themselves where I am, in a squad like Juventus?

“At the age of 19 to 20 years old, I understood that football was a matter of numbers, titles, records and goals.”

Even after the move away from Spain and Real Madrid, Ronaldo can’t really escape the comparisons to the Barcelona talisman Lionel Messi, but admits he felt the Argentine’s presence in a different way whilst playing in the same league as his biggest individual rival.

“To be head to head with Messi in Spain allowed us to become greater, more effective… At Real I felt his presence more than I did in Manchester, so it gave me a bit more pressure. From one point of view, it was a healthy rivalry."

Ronaldo has proven what might be achieved by hard work and continues to stress that success doesn’t come from talent alone.

“The right ingredients to become a great football player are first, the talent. Without that, you can’t do much. Then, the talent is useless without hard work. Nothing falls from the skies. I would never have arrived where I am without the hard work,” added the five time Ballon d’Or winner.

• Like 1

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
130779 messaggi

Home

Mother: 'Football mafia against Ronaldo'

La madre di Ronaldo:

https://www.football-italia.net/145931/mother-football-mafia-against-ronaldo

Nov 2, 2019

Cristiano Ronaldo's mother sensationally claimed the Juventus and Portugal star is the victim of a "mafia" in football. "If he was English or Spanish, they wouldn't do what they did."

The Juventus striker's mother, Dolores Aveiro, spoke to Portuguese newspaper A Bola at an event and discussed dark forces in the game.

"There is mafia in football. If you look at what has happened, we can see that it is the work of the mafia. If he was English or Spanish they would not do what they did, but he is Portuguese and from Madeira, and that happens."

She also spoke about the Ballon d'Or, with Ronaldo in the running for a record sixth golden ball.

"I don't know if he will get it, but I'm confident and he deserves it. If we look at what he has done all year, he deserves it."

In 2019, Ronaldo scored 12 league goals for Juventus, and six in the Champions League.

• Like 1

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
130779 messaggi

Home

Ronaldo equals Maldini record

Gerelateerde afbeelding

https://www.football-italia.net/146139/ronaldo-equals-maldini-record

Nov 6, 2019

Cristiano Ronaldo has equalled Paolo Maldini with 174 UEFA club competition appearances, so is now second only to Iker Casillas on 188.

This represents Ronaldo’s 174th UEFA club competition match, allowing him to equal the record for outfield players set by Milan legend Maldini.

It means the only player who has participated in more European club games than CR7 is goalkeeper Iker Casillas, who reached 188.

Ronaldo played in the Champions League, UEFA Cup and European Super Cup for Sporting CP, Manchester United, Real Madrid and Juventus.

• Like 1

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
130779 messaggi

Home

'No Ronaldo problem for Portugal'

Ronaldo in campo con il Portogallo: "Sta bene ed è di buon umore"

https://www.football-italia.net/146376/no-ronaldo-problem-portugal

Nov 12, 2019

Cristiano Ronaldo’s Portugal teammate Goncalo Paciencia insists the Juventus forward has shown no signs of discomfort since joining up with the squad.

Maurizio Sarri claimed he had taken off Ronaldo in each of Juve’s last two games due to what he described as an ongoing knee problem.

However, Paciencia and reports in Portugal maintain the No 7 is training without any issues as the Selecao prepare for crunch Euro 2020 qualifiers with Lithuania and Luxembourg.

“I don’t have a medical degree, but he’s looked fine to me,” the Eintracht Frankfurt striker told A Bola.

“The most important thing is that he’s here because he’s the best in the world.”

The 34-year-old was visibly annoyed when Sarri subbed him off during Juve’s 1-0 win against Milan on Sunday.

Despite leaving the Allianz Stadium midway through the match, he will not be punished by the Scudetto holders.

• Like 1

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
130779 messaggi

Home

'Ronaldo will play for Portugal'

Il ct del Portogallo smentisce Sarri: 'Ronaldo sta benissimo e giocherà'

https://www.football-italia.net/146404/ronaldo-will-play-portugal

Nov 13, 2019

Portugal CT Fernando Santos has affirmed that Cristiano Ronaldo will play in upcoming Euro 2020 qualifiers against Luxembourg and Lithuania.

Ronaldo has been at the centre of controversy in Italy this week as the forward stormed out of the Allianz Stadium and went home after being taken off during Juventus' 1-0 win over Milan in the 55th minute.

The Bianconeri have since maintained that the No 7 is playing through a knee injury, but Santos made it clear his talisman was called up to captain his country on the pitch.

"Everyone wants to talk about him because he is the best player in the world. Cristiano is here, he was called up, he is fit and he will play," the coach told reporters from Portugal's training base. 

That opinion has been shared by Ronaldo's international teammate Goncalo Paciencia.

• Like 1

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
130779 messaggi

Home

I'm very fit, declares Ronaldo

Ronaldo-1-696x391.jpg

https://www.football-italia.net/146442/im-very-fit-declares-ronaldo

Nov 14, 2019

Crisitano Ronaldo has declared he is “very fit”, despite Juventus’ insistence that he has been nursing a knee injury.

Ronaldo was brought off in each of Juve’s last two games due to an apparent problem with his knee.

However, Maurizio Sarri’s decision to substitute him against Milan was not taken well by the No 7, who allegedly left the stadium midway through the 1-0 win.

Furthermore, Portugal CT Fernando Santos and international teammate Goncalo Paciencia have since argued that their talisman is working without any problems.

“To open this news bulletin, we can give this news: the captain is well, very well,” the 34-year-old told reporters.

“Not only am I fine, but I can say that I am very fit too. The balance sheet is definitely positive. Now you can interview others!”

The Selecao will book their place at Euro 2020 with victory over Lithuania this evening.

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
130779 messaggi

Home

Ronaldo hits Portugal hat-trick

Afbeeldingsresultaat voor cr7 against lithuania

https://www.football-italia.net/146450/ronaldo-hits-portugal-hat-trick

Nov 15, 2019

Fernando Santos says he had “no doubts” about Cristiano Ronaldo after the Juventus star fired Portugal to the verge of Euro 2020 with a hat-trick.

Much had been made of Ronaldo’s physical condition after Juventus took him off in their last two games against Lokomotiv Moscow and Milan.

However, the No 7 started and starred for Portugal in their 6-0 victory over Lithuania on Thursday, helping himself to a treble of finishes.

Santos’ side are now just a win against Luxembourg away from defending their European Championship crown next summer.

“Cristiano’s fine. The pitch can talk more than anything else,” the CT said after the game.

“I had no doubt that during my Press conference, someone would ask me about his condition.

“I personally had no doubts, it was the others who did.”

The 34-year-old scored his 55th career hat-trick and ninth of his career with the Selecao.

Additionally, he has now bagged 30 goals in a calendar year for 13 straight years and is just two away from 100 for his country.

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti