Vai al contenuto
Accedi per seguire   
Socrates

22 - Timothy Weah

130784 messaggi
Inviato (modificato)

Weah signs autographs for Juventus fans before medical

Timothy-Weah-airport-Juventus.jpg.webp

USMNT international Timothy Weah signed autographs for Juventus fans before his medical with the Bianconeri began.

A group of Juventus supporters waited for Weah in front of the gates of the J Medical in Turin Thursday morning before the beginning of his checks. One of them had brought a USA flag.

Weah stopped to sign autographs and take selfies before starting his medical check.

The son of legendary Milan striker George will join the Serie A giants from Lille for circa €12m.

Read & watch more -> https://football-italia.net/video-weah-signs-autographs-for-juventus-fans-before-medical/

Modificato da Socrates

Condividi questo messaggio

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
130784 messaggi

Juventus sign American winger Weah from Lille | SuperSport

OFFICIAL | TIMOTHY WEAH JOINS JUVENTUS - Juventus

Timothy Weah - Welcome to Juventus 2023 - Best Skills & Goals | HD - YouTube

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
130784 messaggi

Weah: ‘My father is crazy about Juventus’

Timothy-Weah-Juventus-Twitter.jpg.webp

Timothy Weah reveals his father George has always been ‘crazy about Juventus and that made the choice easy’ for him, while revealing he is likely to be used as a wing-back.

The United States international is the son of Milan legend George Weah and already showed he learned a phrase famously used by his father when first signing for the Rossoneri.

However, that seems to be the extent of his Italian for now, so he gave his first interview to the official club website in English.

“I’m excited, honoured, blessed, it’s a childhood dream. It’s one of the biggest clubs in the world, if not the, so I’m super proud to be Bianconeri,” said Weah.

What attracted him to the proposal from Juventus?

“Just everything about the club, the history, the players, the coaching staff and the belief that everyone had in me. I feel at home here. The fans, as you saw they came and supported me at the medical. I’m just happy and excited to get started.”

Although Weah Senior spent five years at Milan and is still remembered fondly by their supporters, it turns out he was always harbouring a secret soft spot for the Old Lady.

“The history of my family and my dad playing for Milan, that in itself is huge, and now his son gets the opportunity to be in Serie A and play for one of the greatest clubs. It’s wonderful.

“It’s one of his favourite clubs, he supports Juventus, he’s crazy about them, so it really made the choice easy for me.” .....

Read more -> https://football-italia.net/weah-my-father-is-crazy-about-juventus/

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
130784 messaggi

Tim Weah signs five-year deal with Juventus

Juventus signs Timothy Weah on a permanent '$13m deal' from Lille | Daily  Mail Online

United States winger Tim Weah completed a transfer to Juventus on Saturday, fulfilling a dream his father once had of playing for the storied Italian club.

The 23-year-old Weah, who is the son of former FIFA Player of the Year and current Liberian President George Weah, signed a five-year contract with Juventus on the day the transfer market opened in Italy.

“Honored & Blessed to finally be Bianconeri. None of this would have been possible without the love and support of my wonderful family,” Weah wrote in an Instagram post. "Thank you to everyone at Juventus for believing in me and giving me this opportunity to represent this legendary club.

“GRAZIE (thank you) to all the supporters for all the love they’ve shown me since day one and I can’t wait to meet you all very soon.”

Weah's father also played in Italy, for AC Milan, but recently told Italian newspaper giornalaccio rosa dello Sport that he would have loved to play for Juventus.

“I have always been a Juventus fan,” George Weah said. "I fell in love with Juventus when (Michel) Platini played for them and if I was asked what other team I would have wanted to play for I would say Juventus.

“I really hope to see Tim play in Italy sooner or later.” ......

Read more -> https://www.nbcmiami.com/news/sports/soccer/usmnts-tim-weah-signs-five-year-deal-with-juventus/3064321/

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
130784 messaggi

1947398563_Juve2017.jpg.deced29b2cf9e3431d7268c59c8dcc63.jpgTIMOTHY WEAH 

Romano] Juventus have reached full agreement to sign Timothy Weah, here we  go ⚪️⚫️🇺🇸 Deal agreed on €12m fee with Lille as medical tests will take  place later this week on Thursday.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Timothy_Weah

Nation: U.S.A. Bandiera degli Stati Uniti
Place of birth: Brooklin (New York)
Date of birth: February 22, 2000
Position: Winger
Height: 6 ft 0 in (1,85 cm)
Weight: 75 kg
U.S. National player

At Juventus from 2023 

Apps 0 - goals 0

CONCACAF Nations League 2019-2020 and 2022-2023 

with the U.S. National Team

Timothy Tarpeh Weah (born February 22, 2000) is an American professional soccer player who plays as a winger for Serie A club Juventus and the United States national team.

Weah made his professional debut for Paris Saint-Germain in 2018, winning Ligue 1 twice and the Trophée des Champions once. He won a Scottish Premiership and Scottish Cup double on loan at Celtic in 2019. He then joined Lille, winning another Ligue 1 title and Trophée des Champions in 2021.

In March 2018, he earned his first senior international cap for the United States. He was part of the squad that won the 2021 CONCACAF Nations League Finals and played at the 2022 FIFA World Cup.

Weah is the son of George Weah, the incumbent President of Liberia, who was previously also a professional soccer player, having won the Ballon d'Or in 1995.

Timothy Weah
2022 FIFA World Cup United States 1–1 Wales - (17) (cropped).jpg
Weah with the United States at the 2022 FIFA World Cup
Personal information
Full name Timothy Tarpeh Weah
Date of birth February 22, 2000 (age 23)
Place of birth Brooklyn, New York, United States
Height 6 ft 0 in (1.85 m)
Position(s) Winger
Team information
Current team
Juventus
Youth career
–2010 West Pines United
2010–2013 Blau-Weiss Gottschee
2013–2014 New York Red Bulls
2014–2017 Paris Saint-Germain
Senior career*
Years Team Apps (Gls)
2017–2018 Paris Saint-Germain B 15 (4)
2018–2019 Paris Saint-Germain 5 (1)
2019  Celtic (loan) 13 (3)
2019–2023 Lille 89 (6)
2023– Juventus 0 (0)
International career
2015 United States U15 6 (1)
2015–2017 United States U17 14 (6)
2019 United States U20 6 (2)
2019 United States U23 2 (0)
2018– United States 31 (4)

Early and personal life

Weah was born on February 22, 2000, in Brooklyn, New York, to Liberian George Weah (at the time a professional soccer player) and his Jamaican wife Clar. George Weah was elected as the 25th President of Liberia in 2018, after serving three years in the Senate of Liberia.

Weah has two older siblings, George Jr. and Tita. He spent his early life in Brooklyn, Valley Stream, New York, and Pembroke Pines, Florida. Weah is fluent in English and French and enjoys producing trap soul music. He is close friends with fellow soccer player Tyler Adams. His cousin, Kyle Duncan, is also a professional soccer player for New York Red Bulls in Major League Soccer. He is not related to Liberian-born soccer player Patrick Weah.

Club career

Early career

Weah was taught soccer by his father and while in Florida played for West Pines United, before moving back to New York and joining the Rosedale Soccer Club in Queens, New York, owned by his uncle. Weah played three seasons with BW Gottschee, a team in the U.S. Soccer Development Academy system, and transferred to the New York Red Bulls Academy in 2013. He had a trial with Chelsea at the age of 13. Weah relocated to France in 2014 to join the Paris Saint-Germain Academy. In his first start with the academy team, he scored a hat-trick in an 8–1 victory for PSG over Bulgarian side Ludogorets Razgrad in the UEFA Youth League.

Paris Saint-Germain

220px-FC_Salzburg_gegen_Paris_St._Germain_%28UEFA_Youth_League-21._Februar_2017%29_17.jpg

Weah (right) and Claudio Gomes with PSG at Red Bull Salzburg in the UEFA Youth League in 2017

On July 3, 2017, Weah signed a three-year professional contract with French club Paris Saint-Germain, joining the club that his father had played for in the 1990s. He spent most of the season with the reserves in the Championnat National 2 and the under-19 squad in the UEFA Youth League.

Weah was named to the first-team squad for a Ligue 1 fixture against Troyes on March 3, 2018, while the club's starting forwards were rested for an upcoming Champions League match. He came on as a substitute in the 79th minute of the match and had a goal-scoring opportunity in stoppage time that was saved by the Troyes goalkeeper. Weah made his first start for Paris Saint-Germain in a 0–0 draw against Caen on the last day of the Ligue 1 season. Weah scored his first competitive goal for PSG during a 4–0 win against Monaco in the Trophée des Champions on August 4, 2018. He scored his first league goal a week later in the club's season opener, a 3–0 win over Caen.

He joined Celtic on a six-month loan on January 7, 2019, and said that he was "in love" with the club. He made his debut on January 19 as a 69th-minute substitute for Scott Sinclair in a Scottish Cup fourth round match at home to Airdrieonians and scored in a 3–0 win. Weah's second goal for Celtic, and his first in the league, came in a 4–0 victory over St Mirren on January 23. In February 2019 he was added to Celtic's Europa League squad. With Celtic, he won the Scottish Premiership and the team advanced to the Scottish Cup final. Weah's loan spell at Celtic was terminated early by the club in May after he was selected to the US squad for the Under-20 World Cup, causing him to miss the Scottish Cup final.

Lille

170px-RC_Lens_-_Lille_OSC_%2817-09-2021%29_77.jpg

Weah playing for Lille in 2021

On June 29, 2019, Weah signed a five-year contract with Lille, starting on July 1. The undisclosed fee was reported by L'Équipe to be €10 million (then $11.37 million). He made his debut on August 11, starting in a 2–1 home win over Nantes. He played 68 minutes before being substituted for Yusuf Yazıcı. Weah made three appearances for Lille throughout the 2019–20 season, but he missed most of the season due to injury; Weah suffered two hamstring injuries that kept him out of the bulk of the Ligue 1 season. The first injury occurred in a game against Amiens, keeping him out for six months, then the second occurred during his first match back with the team in a game against Marseille.

Weah made his return from injury during the 2020–21 Ligue 1 season, during Lille's second match of the season. He came on in the 79th minute of the game against Reims for Burak Yılmaz and played 16 minutes. On the next Europa League matchday, Weah started and scored his first goal for Lille in a 3–2 loss against his former club Celtic. On December 16, he came on as a substitute against Dijon and scored his first Ligue 1 goal for Lille, capping off a 2–0 victory. He played 28 games and scored three goals as Les Dogues won their first league title for a decade. On August 1, the team won the 2021 Trophée des Champions 1–0 against PSG in Israel, with Weah playing the last 14 minutes in place of Jonathan David.

On March 19, 2022, Weah was sent off in a 1–0 win at Nantes for a foul on Samuel Moutoussamy, who required assistance to leave the field. He did not score until May 14 in the penultimate league fixture, a 3–1 win at Nice and followed it a week later with both goals of a home 2–2 tie with Rennes.

Juventus

On 1 July 2023, Weah joined Serie A club Juventus for a fee of €12m (£10.3m/$13m) signing a five-year contract.

International career

In addition to the United States, Weah was eligible to represent France, Jamaica, and Liberia, through residency and his parents' citizenships. Weah stated that his decision to represent the United States "wasn't hard at all" and was based on his love of the country and his teammates.

Youth

Weah has represented the United States on several youth national teams, beginning with a call-up to train with the under-14 team in 2012. Weah was selected to join the under-15 team at the Tournament delle Nazioni in Italy, scoring the winning goal in the final against Austria.

He was called up to the under-17 team, under the management of former under-15 coach John Hackworth, in December 2015 for a series of friendlies in Florida. Weah joined the team for the Montaigu Tournament, which the United States won after he scored in the final against hosts France. At another set of friendlies in Florida, Weah made three substitute appearances and scored twice. He was part of the under-17 squad that finished second in the 2017 CONCACAF U-17 Championship, scoring two goals.

He was selected to represent the United States at the 2017 FIFA Under-17 World Cup in India. In the team's first knockout stage match, Weah scored a hat-trick in a 5–0 victory over Paraguay. The hat-trick was the first one recorded by a United States men's national team player at any level during the knockout stages of a World Cup and the fifth overall for any American male player at a World Cup.

Weah was named in the United States squad for the 2019 FIFA Under-20 World Cup in Poland. He scored twice during the tournament, against Qatar in the group stage to qualify for the knockout stage and against Ecuador in their quarterfinal defeat.

Senior

Weah made his full debut for the senior national team in a 1–0 friendly win against Paraguay on March 27, 2018, entering the match as a substitute for fellow debutant Marky Delgado in the 86th minute. He was the first player born in the 2000s to earn a senior cap for the United States. During a friendly against Bolivia on May 28, 2018, his first international start, Weah scored his first international goal and became the fourth-youngest player to score for the United States, ahead of Josh Sargent, who scored his first earlier in the match.

On June 6, 2021 Weah came on as a 60th-minute substitute for Sergiño Dest in a 3–2 overtime win over Mexico in the CONCACAF Nations League Final at Mile High Stadium in Denver. He scored his first competitive international goal on November 16, opening a 1–1 tie away to Jamaica in 2022 FIFA World Cup qualification. He was part of the squad that reached the last 16 of the final tournament in Qatar, scoring against Wales in the 1–1 tie in the first group game.

Honors

Paris Saint-Germain

Celtic

Lille

United States U17

United States

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
130784 messaggi

USMNT star Tim Weah 'happy and proud' to join Juventus

US men's national team forward Tim Weah expressed his excitement after signing for Serie A giants Juventus.

Weah with the USMNT at the Nations League

The 23-year-old is usually deployed as a winger for the US, but was no stranger to filling in at either full-back position for his previous club, LOSC Lille in France's Ligue 1.

The move for Weah came after Juan Cuadrado left the Old Lady on a free transfer to join Italian rivals Inter after originally joining in 2017. Cuadrado's departure left a hole in the right wing-back position, and Juventus may see Weah as a perfect replacement.

"Definitely a responsibility, because what he's done at the club has been amazing, I mean for me he's a legend," Weah said of Cuadrado. "Just watching his every move, his plays and what he's done for the club has been great. And, you know, I can only just be inspired." ...

Weah is the son of former football legend George, who played for the likes of Monaco, Paris Saint-Germain, and AC Milan and is now the current president of Liberia, his home country.

"From a young age my dad has always supported Juventus so I think it was such a coincidence that, you know, that opportunity came. And I'm just so, so happy and proud to be here."

Read more -> https://www.90min.com/posts/usmnt-star-tim-weah-happy-proud-to-join-juventus

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
130784 messaggi

Weah reacts to being named Man of the Match against Real Madrid

weah1-1-940x529.jpg

Timothy Weah was in superb form down the Juventus right-hand channel in their 3-1 win against Real Madrid last night.

The American is proving to be an important signing and a player who will deliver value when competitive football starts.

He did his job well and scored a very fine goal against Los Blancos, which earned him the Man of the Match award.

Several Juve stars did well in the match, but Weah was chosen as the best player.

He was delighted with the win and how the team played while being thankful for being chosen as the Man of the Match. .....

“I’m happy, it was a beautiful victory. It was a difficult game, but it’s great to play these games. .... We wanted to win and we succeeded, we are happy. Weston’s assist and the MVP award? I’m very happy, he played a great match.” .....

Read more -> https://www.juvefc.com/weah-reacts-to-being-named-man-of-the-match-against-real-madrid/

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
130784 messaggi

Agent reveals the clubs Weah turned down to move to Juventus

Tim Weah shines in brief Juventus debut as USMNT teammate Weston McKennie  comes off bench to replace him at wing-back in win over Udinese | Goal.com

Timothy Weah has emphasised that he didn’t hesitate for a moment before accepting Juventus’ offer to join them in the summer.

The American made the move to the Allianz Stadium during the last transfer window, as Juventus sought to enhance the quality of their squad. ............

“Many clubs like Atletico Madrid and Bayer Leverkusen were interested in Timothy, but his priority has always been going to Juventus, because he knew the club and was following their progress,” lawyer Badou Sambagué, who represents the American, said.

“Nothing could’ve changed his mind. What convinced him was the history of the club, he wanted to work with the Bianconeri staff who believed in him from the start. Weah’s word is very important when he has given it and the directors were also very determined to sign him.” ............

Read more -> https://www.juvefc.com/agent-reveals-the-clubs-weah-turned-down-to-move-to-juventus/

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
130784 messaggi

Timothy Weah Post Win vs Milan: “I Know What My Father Did at San Siro”

Juventus signed Timothy Weah from French outfit Lille in the summer on a five-year deal. His father, George Weah, starred for Milan in the late 1990’s.

“For me it is an honor to play for this team. Clearly the one at San Siro is a match full of meaning for me and my family. It was a unique feeling, I thank everyone, who would have ever thought that a boy from New York could play at San Siro against Milan, wearing a Juventus shirt. My parents will be very happy with the victory.”

“The important thing is to always be yourself, be sure of your qualities and play the game. These are the same pieces of advice that my mother also gives me. I know the history of San Siro well and what my father did here, which is why it was even more exciting. We prepare all week to experience matches like these. Massimiliano Allegri is a genius as are all the staff who work with him. All we have to do is execute by defending and attacking whenever we can.”

Read more -> https://cultofcalcio.com/timothy-weah-post-milan-win-i-know-what-my-father-did-at-san-siro/

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
130784 messaggi

Juventus confirm Timothy Weah injury – Likely return date revealed

Juventus too cautious against Verona as USMNT stars Weston Mckennie and Tim  Weah start for Bianconeri in last-gasp win | Goal.com Singapore

On Saturday, Timothy Weah sustained an injury during the victory over Hellas Verona.

The American had to leave the pitch at halftime and was replaced by Fabio Miretti, with Weston McKennie moving to the right flank.

The 23-year-old underwent medical tests at the J-Medical Center on Monday. The results revealed that the player suffered a low-grade lesion in the right thigh. ...........

The winger will skip this weekend’s trip to Tuscany (against Fiorentina) in addition to next week’s encounter against Claudio Ranieri’s Cagliari. ...........

Nevertheless, the source predicts a return against Inter in the Derby d’Italia. The Bianconeri will host the Nerazzurri at the Allianz Stadium on November 26th in what will be the club’s first fixture after the international break. ...........

Read more -> https://www.juvefc.com/juventus-confirm-timothy-weah-injury-likely-return-date-revealed/

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti