Vai al contenuto
Accedi per seguire   
Socrates

Patrice Evra

130777 messaggi

swcy9l.png

Evra: ‘No decision on future’

http://www.football-italia.net/83465/evra-%E2%80%98no-decision-future%E2%80%99?

Apr 27, 2016

Patrice Evra reveals ‘I’ll make a decision on my future at the end of the season’ as his Juventus contract nears expiry.

The 34-year-old has played an important part in the Bianconeri’s Scudetto win this season, making 24 league appearances.

However, his deal with the Old Lady runs out at the end of June and the France international has revealed he must ‘make the decision alone’ about whether to renew.

“I still haven’t made a decision on my future,” Evra told giornalaccio rosa dello Sport.

“I’ve had two special years with Juve, we’ll meet at the end of the season and then I’ll say yes or no.

“I must be honest with myself and with Juve. There aren’t any problems, it’s a decision that I must make alone.”

Evra was also asked about similarities between Juve and his former club Manchester United, where he spent eight seasons between 2006 and 2014.

“In both cases you must respect the history of the club,” he explained.

“Getting a draw here or at United is a drama. This is the difference with the others: the shirt counts.

“You saw what happened at the start? When you play for Juventus there’s so much responsibility. Before talent, you need personality.”

Condividi questo messaggio

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
130777 messaggi

swcy9l.png

Evra close to Juventus renewal

http://www.football-italia.net/84087/evra-close-juventus-renewal?

May 9, 2016

Patrice Evra is reportedly moving closer to agreeing a contract renewal at Juventus.

The left-back is out of contract at the end of the season, and negotiations over a new deal have not been easy.

The French international is looking for a two-year extension, but the Bianconeri are only offering the 34-year-old a year’s deal, with the option for another.

However, Gianluca Di Marzio’s website is now reporting that, after a series of positive meetings, Evra could be set to stay in Turin.

The site reports that a deal until 2018 is on the table, and while an announcement could take a while, there is optimism in both camps that an agreement can be reached.

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
130777 messaggi

swcy9l.png

New Juventus deal for Evra

http://www.football-italia.net/84773/new-juventus-deal-evra?

May 22, 2016

Patrice Evra is expected to sign a one-year contract extension with Juventus, plus option for another season.

The left-back just turned 35 last week, but is considered a key figure for his locker room presence as much as on the field.

According to Tuttosport, Juve have agreed a one-year contract extension with the France international and it includes an option for a second season too.

An announcement is expected some time next week.

Evra arrived from Manchester United in the summer of 2014 and his contract was set to expire next month.

This season he scored two goals and provided three assists in 26 Serie A games.

He also made nine appearances in other competitions for the Bianconeri and last night lifted the Coppa Italia.

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
130777 messaggi

2yvo10i.jpg

Patrice Evra confirms that he will extend
Juventus contract another two years

http://www.blackwhitereadallover.com/2016/5/23/11742946/patrice-evra-confirms-that-he-will-extend-juventus-contract

May 23, 2016

The latter part of the 2015-16 season hasn't been just about seeing Juventus players hoisting trophies over there heads during the multiple celebrations over the last few weeks. There have been contract extensions to hand out, with some of the club's most important veterans making sure they will be locked up beyond the recently-completed season or the one that begins in August.

That list now includes Patrice Evra.

We may still be awaiting an official announcement from the club, but what we got on Monday was the next best thing. Through the giornalaccio rosa dello Sport, Evra has confirmed that he will indeed be a Juventus player beyond June 30 when his current contract was set to expire. He is the latest Juventus player to re-up his current deal and extend his stay in Turin, joining the likes of Gigi Buffon and Giorgio Chiellini who have tacked on another couple of years onto their contracts.

We don't know when an official announcement will take place, but reports out of Italy over the weekend suggested that it could happen over the next few days. Let's hope that's the truth and not the "He's gonna sign it this week!" stuff we heard for about four months straight when it came to Max Allegri's contract extension.

Now, as we know, Alex Sandro is the left back of the future. Not just because he's really good, he's still pretty young or the fact that Juve signed him for a whole lot of money last summer. Well, it's all of those things, but also because of what he adds to the team as a whole. Obviously Evra knows this, and I would like to think that him agreeing to stay with Juventus past 2016 means that he's willing to be part of the transition between Old School and New School, if you will.

So, get used to the continued bromance between Evra and Paul Pogba. Let there be much more dancing between the two of them after Pogba scores insane goals.

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
130777 messaggi

swcy9l.png

Evra renewal imminent

http://www.football-italia.net/84858/evra-renewal-imminent?

May 24, 2016

Juventus are expected to announce Partice Evra’s renewal soon, as he’s agreed a new contract.

The Frenchman is out of contract on June 30, but has been in talks about extending his stay in Turin.

According to multiple sources, the left-back has now agreed on a new one-year deal with the Bianconeri, with the option for a further year’s extension.

It’s believed that the agreement is a done deal, and Evra’s new contract will be formally announced by the Old Lady in the coming days.

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
130777 messaggi

swcy9l.png

Official: Evra renews with Juventus

http://www.football-italia.net/85447/official-evra-renews-juventus

Jun 6, 2016

Patrice Evra has officially renewed his Juventus contract, signing a one-year deal with the option for one more.

The French full-back joined the Bianconeri in 2014, and after initially struggling to adapt to Serie A has become one of Massimiliano Allegri’s key men.

“Patrice Evra has today renewed his Juventus contract for an additional year - with an option for a second - keeping him at the Turin club until at least 30 June 2017,” a statement on Juve’s official website announced.

“Evra arrived at Juventus in the summer of 2014 on the back of a trophy-laden eight-and-a-half years at Manchester United, where he won five English Premier League titles, three League Cups and the Champions League.

“Back then, the Old Lady knew she was recruiting a natural-born winner, someone who matched her own philosophy and unbridled ambition when it comes to lifting titles and the marriage has proved an immensely happy one.

“The left back has continued his longstanding habit of picking up silverware, helping Juve to an historic second domestic league and cup double in consecutive seasons in addition to last year’s Italian Super Cup.

“His countless experience on football’s biggest of stages has been an invaluable element in the Bianconeri’s overall development into one of the major forces in the European game.

“With two successful seasons for the Bianconeri already under his belt, Evra, who is involved at this summer’s European Championships with France, will continue to call upon his boundless supplies of big-match experience and savvy to help the club climb to new heights in the next two campaigns.”

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
130777 messaggi

xofhxd.jpg

OFFICIAL: Evra signs new Juventus deal

The France international, 35, will now enter into his third season with the Bianconeri

after joining them on a free transfer from Premier League side Manchester United in 2014.

OFFICIAL: Evra signs new Juventus deal

http://www.goal.com/en/news/11/transfer-zone/2016/06/06/24342072/-?

Jun 6, 2016

Juventus defender Patrice Evra has signed a new one-year contract with the club, with the option for a further year.

The experienced France international, who joined from Manchester United in 2014, will be contracted to the Serie A champions until at least the end of the 2016-17 campaign.

"Patrice Evra has today renewed his Juventus contract for an additional year - with an option for a second - keeping him at the Turin club until at least June 30, 2017," a statement released by the club confirmed.

Evra has claimed back-to-back domestic doubles in Italy since bringing an eight-year spell at Old Trafford to an end.

The 35-year-old, who confirmed last month that a two-year contract extension had been provisionally agreed, is determined to lift more silverware before calling time on his career in Turin.

"Everyone said we were finished at the start of the season," he told La Gazzetta dello Sport in April. "We haven't yet realised what we've accomplished.

"I joined last season and I had a pact with the club: to be champions of Italy on two occasions. I'm very happy but there is still more to win."

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
130777 messaggi

2yvo10i.jpg

OFFICIALLY OFFICIAL: Juventus sign

Patrice Evra to 1-year extension

http://www.blackwhitereadallover.com/2016/6/6/11867198/juventus-

sign-patrice-evra-to-1-year-contract-extension-roster-2016

Jun 6, 2016

Patrice Evra will return to Juventus for at least one more season after renewing his contract for one year with an option for a second, the club announced Monday.

Evra, 35, joined the Turin side in 2014 following eight-and-half seasons with Manchester United in the Premier League. He joined the club on a modest £1.5 million fee.

"His countless experience on football's biggest of stages has been invaluable element in the Bianconeri's overall development into the major forces in the European game," the statement read.

Evra won five Preimer League titles, three League Cups and the Champions League with the Red Devils. He has since added four trophies to his resume, winning the Italian domestic double in each of his last two seasons.

In his two seasons with the Old Lady, he has scored three goals with five assists in 47 Serie A apparences while being a mainstay on the back line for a defensive unit that conceded a league-low 20 goals.

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
130777 messaggi

swcy9l.png

Evra: ‘I’ll play on!’

http://www.football-italia.net/85846/evra-‘i’ll-play-on’

Jun 14, 2016

Juventus defender Patrice Evra insists he’ll play on for many years, like Paolo Maldini and Javier Zanetti.

The left-back has recently signed a new contract with the Bianconeri, and is representing France at Euro 2016.

In a lengthy interview with Le Parisien, the former Manchester United man was asked whether he expects this to be his last international tournament.

“Not at all,” Evra insisted.

“I live in the present. To say this is my last competition, no, that’s not true. My examples are Maldini, Zanetti, [Ryan] Giggs - so I’m still young!”

Les Bleus have a side filled with young talent such as Paul Pogba and Kingsley Coman, and Evra was asked whether he feels like the leader.

“Yes, of course. It’s something I’ve always done from a young age. I come from a big family, and although I’m the youngest I have always been someone important, though I know my place.

“I really want to protect them all, because I have more experience. In difficult times I want to say ‘I’m here, if someone has to take it then it’s me, not you’.

“I’ll continue that role until the end of my career.

“We can talk about the past. In 2010 [at the World Cup] I always said that I would take responsibility for everything.

“Even when there were the problems with [Karim] Benzema and [Mathieu] Valbuena, I was willing to take any blow for the players.

“What matters to me is winnning, let he who is without sin cast the first stone. This isn’t war, if they shoot at me it doesn’t bother me at all.

“I’ve started doing meditation since the last World Cup in 2014. That helped me a lot. I see things differently, I see people differently.

“People will laugh, but now when I see a tree, I see life. I see the present, I put the past and the future to one side. I don’t want to live in regret or fear.

“Do I still feel like France captain? All the time. The armband was taken from me, but that won’t stop me doing my job. In my mind, I still have the armband, so it’s not a problem. It's not official, but hey...

“Of course, the captain is Hugo [Lloris] and he’s not doing anything wrong.

“Am I misunderstood? People don’t know me, but I’m not looking for hugs or recognition. I want to win something with my country, to give them that.

“I’ve won everything at club level, I’m on a mission. I’m not going to conquer anything for myself. I see now that they [the fans] applaud me. Thanks, but it’s not what I want. But thanks all the same.

“When you grow up in a large family, the notion of sharing, of reaching out to others comes naturally.

“I come from Ulis [a suburb of Paris] and it’s not an easy neighbourhood. Maybe without that I wouldn’t have bounced back every time.

“Maybe after the 2010 World Cup, when people had killed me, buried me already, I wouldn’t have had the character to win.

“My past has helped me to become the man I am. I regret nothing, and I never spit on my past.

“It’s all in the head, you can have the technique of Ronaldo but without the mentality you’re not going to go anywhere.

“My strength is that I always question myself. I have that humility, I want to prove myself in every game. It will be very difficult to bring me down, because my mentality is strong.

“It’s my character I owe my career to. My wife told me that I come across like a robot. It’s like that, I’m a machine. For now I can’t enjoy my career.

“My goal isn’t to be the best player, it’s to be the best human being. I want to open myself up, to discover new things. Kicking a ball isn’t enough for that.

“Before dying, if I asked myself what I’d done, I wouldn’t want to be limited to that. I’ve learned about others, I have two orphanages in Senegal, with more than 300 children there.

“Those are my real trophies, not winning Leagues or Champions Leagues.”

The 35-year-old was then asked if the current French side can go all the way and lift the trophy in Paris next month.

“It’s a better group compared to other generations that I’ve experienced,” Evra confirmed.

“This group needs more guidance, there’s less ego. That has always been the strength of groups put together by Didier Deschamps: the team is the star.

“Some of the elder statesmen are bitter and will try to put a spoke in the wheels of young players who have taken their place. I’ve won too much in my life to be bitter.

“Am I surprised by the youth of the team? That doesn’t surprises me, what I want is for them to win me the Euros!

“I put pressure on them, you have to be careful when they’re young. Things [you say] can get inflamed in the media. I’m here to guide them, not to admire them.

“If we win the Euro, then I’ll tell them: ‘you are the best’.

“Since the Ukraine game, I’ve felt a pride that wasn’t there before. The pride of playing for our people, playing for all the French. I’m not ashamed to say it.

“We did a lot of interviews before the call-ups and I said I was proud to wear this shirt. These are fine words, but to actually physically feel it is something else.

“When you wear this shirt anywhere, regardless of the competition, you have to give the best of yourself.

“I’m not going to sell dreams to the French people, but we’re in the best condition. I don’t know if France has ever been in such good condition at the start of a competition.

“What interests me is becoming a nation which wins. Knysna [in 2010] left scars. That will never change. Even if we win the Euros, it’ll be the same.

“That’s history, and you can’t change the past. Talking about it today is a waste of time. If we win the Euros, it’d bring us closer to the legend of those who won in 1998 and 2000.”

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
130777 messaggi

swcy9l.png

RELUCTANT FATHER FIGURE EVRA DEFENDS POGBA

The veteran defender has jumped to the defence of France's star man, who according

to the Juventus full-back, will bounce back just like Antonio Griezmann did against Ireland.

http://www.goal.com/euro2016/en/article/reluctant-father-figure-patrice-evra-

defends-paul-pogba-euro-2016/h3t52r1upb8115edgybcc6lj1?

Jun 30, 2016

Patrice Evra told France fans not to worry about Paul Pogba after the latest round of questions over his Juventus team-mate's form at Euro 2016.

Pogba was widely viewed as the man who would be the star of France's bid for glory on home soil, but has largely failed to convince ahead of Sunday's quarter-final with Iceland at the Stade de France.

Following a listless showing in the tournament opener against Romania, he was dropped to the bench alongside Atletico Madrid star Antoine Griezmann and featured as a second-half substitute to help Didier Deschamps' men make it two wins from two versus Albania.

Griezmann definitively made his mark on the tournament with a brace as France beat the Republic of Ireland in the last 16, although they fell behind after Pogba conceded a second-minute penalty.

Evra also played alongside Pogba during the latter's formative years at Manchester United – a club he has been linked with a return to – and urged calm while facing a string of questions over his star colleague at France's Clairefontaine training base on Thursday.

"Everybody thinks I am Paul's dad," he joked.

"It's not just Paul, it's Griezmann – leave them alone a little bit. It's not [about] Griezmann or Pogba – it's the French team.

"Paul wants to do well, he wants to succeed. In football you can't always succeed.

"He is very good and very happy – don't worry. He will respond when we need him like Griezmann did in the previous match."

The 35-year-old sounded a similar tone in defence of Olivier Giroud – the Arsenal striker who has regularly found himself bearing the brunt of criticism at international level.

"When I talk about Olivier Ground and the fans and journalists who criticise him; if you criticise Giroud then you are criticising the French team," Evra said.

"It was Griezmann who scored the goals, but [Giroud] did the flick-on for the second goal against Ireland.

"You have to leave people alone. We have confidence in everyone. If Giroud is here it is because we need him and the trainer has confidence in him."

Above all, it is the strength of the collective under Deschamps that Evra thinks will define France's campaign.

"I can speak until tomorrow, then we must show an example on the pitch," he added. "Everybody has to think that there are a lot of players who would love to be in our place.

"Every day the players take this into consideration.

"There are no worries, everybody has confidence. One guy is not here to sell a dream, everyone has to do this together.

"If somebody wants to be a star, we talk to them and put them back in their place. The star is the team, not the individual."

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
130777 messaggi

swcy9l.png

Evra: ‘Italy the best team’

hhttp://www.football-italia.net/86787/evra-‘italy-best-team’

Jul 4, 2016

Patrice Evra says Italy “didn’t deserve to go out” and thanks Juventus for “extending my career”.

The Bianconeri left-back helped France to a 5-2 win over Iceland at Euro 2016 last night, but had a message for the Old Lady and the Azzurri.

“It’s almost two in the morning, and today I want to thank all the people who work at Juventus,” Evra said in a video on his Instagram.

“We’ve qualified for the European Championship Semi-Finals and it seems as though I’m running like a 15-year-old boy. I need to thank them, because they’ve extending my career by three years.

“Yesterday I felt bad for all my teammates in the Italian national team. They didn’t deserve to go out, they were the strongest team at the tournament.”

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
130777 messaggi

swcy9l.png

FRANCE'S 'KNIGHT IN SHINING ARMOUR' EVRA

LOOKING FORWARD TO PORTUGAL CLASH

The Juventus defender is apparently foreseeing a tense battle in Sunday's showpiece,

and he is looking forward to playing against former team-mates Ronaldo and Nani .

http://www.goal.com/euro2016/en/article/evra-bidding-to-become-frances

-knight-in-shining-armour-with-euro-win/1gxnj3m59fvof17z41mbbdsye6

Jul 8, 2016

Often branded a disruptive influence in the dressing room, Patrice Evra's performances so far in Euro 2016 have been nothing short of impeccable. 

The veteran full-back has been a key part of the France team as the hosts have advanced to the final, winning five out of their six games so far. 

And as Sunday's final against Portugal looms, Evra is looking back in time for inspiration as he prepares for combat. 

"Working on the shooting of the last Game of Thrones ahahahahahah I love this game," the Juventus man wrote on Instagram to accompany a picture of him decked out in a full suit of armour. 

Despite his assertions that he is ready for battle, Evra added that he is looking forward to a reunion with two former team-mates. 

Both Cristiano Ronaldo and Nani, who played alongside Evra at Manchester United, will line up on the other side of the pitch with Portugal. 

The veteran called the Seleccao pair his "brothers", and wished them luck ahead of the game. 

He's got the armour, and Evra is every bit as chivalrous to his rivals as the knights of old!

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
130777 messaggi

swcy9l.png

WATCH: Evra dances to celebrate Higuain signing

The left-back refused to believe as news of the £75 million transfer from Napoli

to Juventus broke, but soon jumped into a hilarious dance to mark the occasion.  .

hhttp://www.goal.com/en-gb/news/4160/extra-time/2016/07/27/25975762/-?

Jul 27, 2016

Patrice Evra looks pretty delighted at Gonzalo Higuain's £75 million move to Juventus. 

A friend off camera broke the story to the Juve defender while playing table tennis, with Evra at first insisting he does not believe the news.

Those denials quickly turned to joy and Evra discarded the bat and breaks out in a dance, along with two young companions, utterly giddy for his new team-mate.

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
130777 messaggi

swcy9l.png

Deschamps: ‘Evra? We’ll see…’

http://www.football-italia.net/90359/deschamps-‘evra-we’ll-see…’

Aug 25, 2016

Didier Deschamps leaves Partice Evra out of his France squad to face Italy - “I have to look forward to the World Cup”.

The Juventus full-back has won 80 caps for Les Bleus, and while he isn’t ruled-out of future squads, the Coach wants to look at younger options.

“Patrice always maintains his level,” Deschamps explained in his Press conference to announce the squad.

“But I have to look forward to the World Cup, which takes place in two years. Patrice is at a certain age [35]. It’s up to him to maintain the level that he has today.

“But it seemed important to give playing time to younger players who can improve. Patrice Evra played every game at the Euros, he’s at Juventus and I know what he’s capable of.

“The World Cup is in two years, that’s two more years for him. Meanwhile I can watch the evolution of younger players who have been with us, such as Lucas Digne and Laywin Kurzawa.

“It’s important to show them that I have confidence in them. It’s up to them to respond and show me they’re up to international standard.

“There are some players on stand-by, they don’t know what team they’ll be playing for on August 31. We have to build on what we did in the Euros, if I had to pick players who have only played three or four games it would have been complicated.”

One player who has been included in the squad is Paul Pogba, who moved from Juventus to Manchester United for a world record €105m.

“These are club-to-club transfers. It can be surprising to see such amounts, but football always generates money. Manchester [United] will quickly recover that amount in merchandising.

“We like to remind players of their prices, but I don’t think it will affect him. After him, there will be someone else who will cost more.”

Deschamps was also asked about Blaise Matuidi's possible transfer to Juventus, and hinted that he had spoken to the Paris Saint-Germain midfielder.

However, despite being pressed by an Italian journalist, the former Bianconeri Coach refused to elaborate.

France squad for Italy and Belarus:

Goalkeepers: Areola, Costil, Mandanda

Defenders: Corchia, Digne, Koscielny, Kurzawa, Rami, Sidibé, Umtiti, Varane

Midfielders: Cabaye, Kanté, Matuidi, Payet, Pogba, Sissoko

Forwards: Fekir, Gignac, Giroud, Griezmann, Lacazette, Martial

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
130777 messaggi

swcy9l.png

Evra: ‘Juve can win Champions League’

http://www.football-italia.net/91136/evra-‘juve-can-win-champions-league’

Sep 8, 2016

Patrice Evra believes Juventus “have the strength” to win the Champions League but “we’ll take it game-by-game”.

The Bianconeri were beaten finalists in the competition in 2015, while last season saw them eliminated in extra-time after a pulsating Last 16 tie with Bayern Munich.

“The club has reinforced this team,” Evra noted, speaking to Sky.

“The Champions League has to be an objective, but I don’t want to sell dreams because that would be wrong.

“Let’s see how this adventure begins. We’ll take it game-by-game, but certainly we want to reach the end because Juventus have the strength to go on and win the Champions League”.

Last season saw a poor start for the Old Lady, with Evra and captain Gianluigi Buffon publicly slamming their teammates.

That sparked a revival which saw the Bianconeri win their next 15 League games, with Max Allegri’s men unbeaten until the a fifth consecutive Scudetto was already secure.

“I hope I never have to make a speech again like the one i made after Sassuolo, because it would mean falling back into the same mistakes.

“I don’t think it will happen again though, because this is a dressing room of champions and people who know what it means to wear the Juventus shirt.

“We’ve got good players, but above all men with great character, who are aware of what wearing the Juventus shirt represents and the signs at the beginning of the season are positive.”

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
130777 messaggi

xlf6gm.gif

Patrice Evra pokes fun at Sir Alex Ferguson... again

http://www.espnfc.co.uk/blog/the-toe-poke/65/post/2966358/

patrice-evra-pokes-fun-at-sir-alex-ferguson

Oct 5, 2016

The fact that he won five Premier League titles under Sir Alex Ferguson's tutelage during his Manchester United days doesn't mean that Patrice Evra won't happily poke a bit of good-natured fun at his former boss when the occasion arises.

Indeed, the veteran full-back took to Instagram to post an amusing photo of the pair, with Evra looking on agog as Ferguson does his best -- and largely fails -- to bring a tricky bouncing pass under control.

Evra, who left United for Juventus in 2014, apologised for once again sharing the slightly embarrassing image of his ex-manager with his legions of Instagram followers -- what with this being the second time he has done so in the past few months.

You know what? We have a sneaking suspicion that he's not in the least bit sorry at all!

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
130777 messaggi

xlf6gm.gif

Patrice Evra brightens our Monday

by singing a bit of Marvin Gaye

http://www.espnfc.co.uk/blog/the-toe-poke/65/post/2969849/

patrice-evra-sings-marvin-gaye-to-brighten-up-our-monday

Oct 10, 2016

In an effort to disprove the idea that Mondays are generally a bit glum, Patrice Evra has made it his mission to inject a little love and happiness into everybody's life this week.

Over on his Instagram account, the Juventus left-back began by asking his followers why they all hate Mondays before giving them all something to smile about by howling his way through Marvin Gaye classic "Ain't No Mountain High Enough."

Not bad. Not bad at all. Turns out that Evra has a semi-decent set of lungs on him though the less said about the jigging and jiving attempts at dancing, the better.

Suddenly life doesn't seem quite so drab and, once again, we've got Monsieur Evra to thank.

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
130777 messaggi

swcy9l.png

Evra: I’ll retire when...

http://www.football-italia.net/92799/evra-i’ll-retire-when?

Oct 11, 2016

Juventus’ Patrice Evra will “simply retire” once “my level begins to drop” as Paolo Maldini is “the perfect example” in how to exploit his advancing years.

Evra is 35 and facing increasing competition from Alex Sandro for the role of Juve’s first-choice left-back, but the Frenchman insists he is still enjoying his football and has learned to adapt to his age.

“The Champions League? I’ve played in five finals and won just one of them,” he said in the second part of his UEFA.com interview.

“I lost three of them to Barcelona. If it wasn’t Barcelona, I would’ve won four of them. For me, it’s the best competition.

“Even now, I’m 35, but hearing the Champions League anthem is still special. It’s a competition that I’ll always love.

“Buffon deserves the Champions League. To be really honest, my [favourite] goalkeeper is Edwin van der Sar.

“When I arrived here, I knew Gigi Buffon because I watched him on TV, but then to train with him, play with him, wow! What a player!

“The older he is, the better he plays. I think now he makes saves that he didn’t even make when he was 18, so it’s nice to see him in action.

“I’m calmer now than before. I see things much better. When you’re 20, you run, run, run and put in lots of crosses.

“Maybe now I just put in five per game, but one becomes an assist. My sense of position is now also different.

“When you’re young, if you’re in the wrong position, you can make up for it with pace. Now, you always have to be ready to find the right position.

“I remember Ryan Giggs who, at 37, had one of his best seasons. I asked him why and he said: ‘It seems all too easy now.’

“After games, he was never tired. When I was 20, I was very tired after matches, but now I play more with my head and after games I feel good.

“If I wasn’t at Juventus, I don’t know if my level would be so high right now because we have a different way of working compared to what I was used to at Manchester United or with the national team. For this, I’ll always say thanks to Juventus.

“I’m starting to see myself as a bottle of wine. The older I get, the better the taste. But I’m working hard, there’s no secret.

“I work hard even when I’m on holiday. I’m competitive and I always want to work until my legs can no longer do so.

“When I see that my level begins to drop, I’ll simply retire. I’m honest with myself. But at the moment I’m having fun, I like to run. I feel that I’m playing every game as if it were the last.

“My examples are the likes of [Paolo] Maldini and [Javier] Zanetti, who played up to 40 years, Ryan Giggs. They are my examples.

“Sometimes we forget how important experience is. For example, a player like Andrea Pirlo, when he was 20, didn’t read games like he does now.

“Experience is crucial when you play so many games. I think the example of Maldini is the perfect one.

“I don’t think too much about the future, I want to enjoy myself. As I always say, I love this game!”

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
130777 messaggi

xlf6gm.gif

Juventus defender Patrice Evra set

to miss two games with calf injury

http://www.espnfc.co.uk/juventus/story/2982483/juventus-

defender-patrice-evra-set-to-miss-two-games-with-calf-injury

Oct 27, 2016

Juventus full-back Patrice Evra could miss key fixtures against Napoli and Lyon after picking up an injury in Wednesday's 4-1 win over Sampdoria at the Juventus Stadium.

Evra will undergo tests on Thursday after limping off with a calf problem.

Alex Sandro -- who has been preferred to the Frenchman in eight of Juve's 10 Serie A fixtures this season -- is set to take his place against Napoli and Lyon.

But Juventus coach Massimiliano Allegri defended his training methods, criticised last season after a succession of muscle injuries, and said they were not to blame for Evra's injury.

"We've only had four muscular injuries this season, and then there have been Kwadwo Asamoah and Marko Pjaca's injuries which are not of a muscular nature, so that pushes the average up a bit," Allegri he said.

"It's nothing compared to last season, when it seemed like we were a walking graveyard."

Allegri welcomed back Claudio Marchisio after six months on the sidelines on Wednesday and told the club's official website: "I'm pleased -- it was a great comeback from him.

"His return is important but now I will have to manage him the best I can because, after so many months out, you often tend to play a good first game back."

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
130777 messaggi

I can't see the picture (or the video). :S

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
130777 messaggi

I LOVE THIS GAME! SAY NO TO RACISM! AH AH AH sefz

• Like 1

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
130777 messaggi

xofhxd.jpg

VIDEO: Evra gets into Halloween spirit with crazy Chucky dance

The Juventus left-back did a turn as the doll assassin to mark the holiday, while West Brom's

long-suffering fans got inventive with a brilliant chant in Monday's Social Snap! 

http://www.goal.com/en-gb/news/3652/video/2016/10/31/29040652/-?

Oct 31, 2016

We might have guessed Patrice Evra would not let us down when it came to Halloween, and the Juventus defender delivered spectacularly. 

"I'm crazy," he screamed after busting a few moves dressed as murderous doll Chucky, and we can't argue! 

Elsewhere Tammy Abraham is showing off some insane skills, and West Bromwich Albion made up for their pretty uninspiring football with an unforgettable chant. 

It's all there in Goal's latest Social Snap! 

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
130777 messaggi

swcy9l.png

Evra: 'It's different at Juventus'

http://www.football-italia.net/93866/evra-its-different-juventus?

Nov 3, 2016

Patrice Evra is “not satisfied” with the season so far, but new buys must learn “it’s one thing to play for any team, quite another to play for Juventus.”

The Bianconeri were jeered after a disappointing 1-1 home draw with Lyon in the Champions League, which left them two points off group leaders Sevilla.

“I’m not saying that everything is fine and we are playing great football, because I too am not satisfied with the performances of this team, as we can do 10 times better,” Evra told Sky Sport Italia.

“However, we’ve only been together for three months. There are new signings and it’s not easy, because it’s one thing to play for any team and quite another to play for Juventus.

“Here you cannot get anything wrong. You get a draw and it’s the end of the world, if you lose a game then it seems as if someone has died.

“At the end of the day, it’s the objective that counts, which is to win the Scudetto and Champions League. As (Max) Allegri said, it’s not as if we’re going to achieve that today or tomorrow.

“I do agree that our style of football can be criticised. I want to win, in a calm way and that means controlling the game. We mustn’t think ‘oh we won and that’s the most important thing,’ then go out to laugh and joke in training.

“No, Allegri tells us what is good and what’s not working, we watch the videos back and try to improve. But it’s not easy, as this is a new group of talented players who still don’t know each other well and a team is not built in three months.

“I want people to judge us at the end and in that case they’ll call us ‘failures’ if we haven’t won anything.”

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
130777 messaggi

xlf6gm.gif

Patrice Evra called up by France

in place of injured Layvin Kurzawa

http://www.espnfc.co.uk/france/story/2991544/patrice-evra

-called-up-by-france-in-place-of-injured-layvin-kurzawa

Nov 7, 2016

Juventus defender Patrice Evra has been called up to France's squad for the matches against Sweden and Ivory Coast as a replacement for injured fellow left-back Layvin Kurzawa.

A statement on the French Football Federation's official website on Monday said Paris Saint-Germain's Kurzawa had withdrawn due to a groin problem.

France host Sweden in a World Cup qualifier on Friday, then the Ivory Coast in a friendly four days later.

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
130777 messaggi

swcy9l.png

Evra gets France call

http://www.football-italia.net/94043/evra-gets-france-call

Nov 7, 2016

Juventus defender Patrice Evra has recived a late call-up to the France national team.

Coach Didier Dechamps has selected the 35-year-old after fellow left back Layvin Kurzawa had to quit the squad after he suffered a problem with his groin.

Les Bleus play Sweden in a World Cup qualifier on Friday, followed by a friendly with Ivory Coast on Tuesday.

The call is said to be a surprise one as the Coach was expected to select 22-year-old Monaco left back Benjamin Mendy over Evra after having publicly stated that he needed to focus on youth in preparation for the 2018 World Cup.

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti