Vai al contenuto
Accedi per seguire   
Socrates

Patrice Evra

130806 messaggi

swcy9l.png

Evra’s salary at €3.5m

Jul 22, 2014

New arrival Patrice Evra’s contract signed with Juventus will reportedly see him paid €3.5m per season.

The Frenchman’s transfer from Manchester United was eventually confirmed on Monday afternoon following days of speculation.

With Juve confirming an instalments totalling at least €1.2m will be paid to the Old Trafford outfit for the player, speculation is now on how much Evra will take in.

Tuttosport believe that the 33-year-old’s two-year contract agreed is at a salary rate of €3.5m per season.

If accurate, that figure places Evra as just below the Old Lady’s current top earners.

Meanwhile, So Foot have run quotes today from the player, on various moments on his career, including four years ago when he was apparently on the verge of leaving for Inter or Real Madrid.

“In the summer of 2010 I had decided to leave Manchester. I was tired of the climate and the fog, and I wanted a change of scenery for family reasons.

“I was looking for a milder climate. There were teams interested in me such as Inter and Real Madrid, but Sir Alex Ferguson showed up at my house in Manchester to convince me to stay at the club.

“I know that my heart really took the right decision. When Sir Alex speaks, it is always good to listen.”

Condividi questo messaggio

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
130806 messaggi

6i70qd.jpg

Taking a deeper look at new Juventus signing Patrice Evra

Jul 22, 2014

Like all other Juventus transfer targets this offseason, the process of actually getting Patrice Evra to Turin seemed to have dragged on all summer. The news of Juve's interest in him has been met with equal parts of disdain and support. At 33, he doesn't appear to be a part of the long-term squad, but definitely still has some value to the side.

Born in Senegal, Evra is a French citizen who has made 11 appearances for the France Under-21 side and 62 for the senior side, including the just concluded 2014 World Cup. He has collected a number of titles in his nine years at Manchester United, winning five Premier League titles, the Champions League in 2008 and the English League Cup thrice. For the Red Devils, he made a total of 379 appearances, and was named to the Premier League 'team of the year' on three occasions. Not much of a goalscorer, he potted ten in his time in England.

His best years were in the 2008-2010 era, which were also tinged with controversy. He was widely reported to have been one of the key players in the shambolic mutiny in the French camp that led to manager Raymond Domenech getting fired and Les Blues taking the early flight home in the 2010 World Cup. He declined from then on, with the last season at Old Trafford under David Moyes marking the low point for more than one United player. While he has lost pace and doesn't track back as often and well as is demanded for someone in his position, he is still astute in his attacking abilities, and crosses the ball better into the box than Paolo De Ceglie can even dream of.

Evra's biggest failing is his tendency to surge so far up the left wing that opponents can take advantage of the room behind him on a quick counter. Giorgio Chiellini tends to drift out left when playing in a central defender role, so covering for him when he's on the overlap could fall to Chiello and also be shared between Kwadwo Asamoah or either Claudio Marchisio or Arturo Vidal, depending on who's on the left. Evra can defend — when he fails his task it's not because of inability, but more of a lapse of concentration combined with aging legs.

However, when he does become a component of the attack, he can be devastating. United's all-conquering 2007-08 team had him out on the left and constantly probing deep in support of a a three-man attack of Cristiano Ronaldo, Carlos Tevez and Wayne Rooney - scary.

This note from a 2012-13 season review of the player on The Busby Babe, SB Nation's Manchester United blog, should tell you everything you need to know about the player:

While he does tend to overlap his winger often, he doesn't attempt as many crosses from near the touchline. Instead, Evra looks to participate in attacking combinations just outside the box or use his close-control and dribbling ability to penetrate into the box. From these positions, he often attempts relatively short-distanced crosses from just outside the box or he looks to create a chance from a cutback near goal. Furthermore, his decision-making in attack tends to be pretty solid.

Evra is a vocal leader in the locker room and on the pitch, and was considered one of the wiser heads at United. Stats aside, two other critical elements that Evra will provide Juventus are his experience and intensity. The Frenchman might be considered long in the tooth, but he has 'been there and done that' to paraphrase a common saying. The last couple of seasons have seen Juventus knocked out of Europe looking like a pale shadow of the side that dominated Serie A. Evra has been to the Champions League final thrice and won the trophy once. His composure and demeanor in clutch situations will be a learning experience for younger squad members who have only known victory under Antonio Conte.

The leftback is also widely known for his passion and intensity. He gives his all in every game, and is known as a warhorse who won't pack it in until the referee blows the final whistle. Another Tevez-like player on the pitch makes the side tougher to play against, an intangible that should get the team further in Europe. Despite the ferociousness that he brings to the game, it's a telling fact that he has never been sent off since he moved to England. Even in the midst of the racist abuse fiasco with Luis Suarez, he maintained his composure and didn't let it affect his game.

While the wages might be on the higher side for someone at this stage of his career, this might be money well-spent for Juventus as the upside that Evra brings to Turin should overcome any negatives that his age will expose. New manager Massimiliano Allegri will certainly appreciate his support as he tries to make this locker room his own.

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
130806 messaggi

34e7ujn.jpg

Evra Move To Juventus Unaffected
By Conte Exit States Agent

Jul 26, 2014

Federico Pastorello, agent of new Juventus defender Patrice Evra, has revealed that his client’s move to the Old Lady went smoothly despite the departure of coach Antonio Conte.

The former Bianconeri boss had been fond of bringing the 33-year-old to Turin and originally played a big part in the pursuit of him, but the ex-Manchester United man’s agent insists that a deal was still quickly completed without the tactician present.

Pastorello spoke to ‘Speciale Calciomercato’ on Sky Sport Italia about Evra’s transfer to Juventus and commented on his relationships with all of his past coaches.

“When he has had to make any important transfers in the past, he has always spoken to the coach first,” said the agent.

“It has also happened with Didier Deschamps, in the past. Conte and Evra had met and liked each other.

“He had chosen to join Juventus and everyone had spoken highly of Conte, including Alex Ferguson.

“Then even after the departure of Conte, we had still been able to finalise everything within 48 hours.”

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
130806 messaggi

swcy9l.png

Evra: Juve like a dream

Jul 31, 2014

Patrice Evra has described his return to Italy as ‘like destiny’, as he compares his summer arrival at Juventus to ‘a dream’.

The France international arrived in Turin on Wednesday night and this morning will undergo routine medical tests before officially being presented as a new signing at Vinovo.

For the 33-year-old, it is a second bite at Italian football, following an early and brief stint at Monza 15 years ago.

“Yes indeed, for me it’s like destiny,” Evra has told Juve’s official website on arrival.

“When I was 17 Italy opened its doors for me to become the player I am now. Today I am truly a happy man.

“I cannot wait to start because, it is destiny. To me, it’s like a dream. It’s an amazing feeling to start over again. In Manchester I’ve won everything, whilst the Evra at Juventus has not won anything yet.

“Then, with great humility, with a desire to work, to learn even at 33 and to achieve beautiful things. I am one who likes to win, I chose a team like Juve to win and I will do my best to give all that I can for the club, for the fans, for the Coach and for my teammates.

“A message for the fans? I am a person that does not sell many dreams, the only thing I can guarantee to the fans is that I will give my best for this shirt.

“I have to thank the people not with words, but with action on the field. Forza Juve and I hope to win many trophies.”

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
130806 messaggi

swcy9l.png

Evra: Juve the right club for me

Jul 31, 2014

Patrice Evra has claimed that it wasn’t easy leaving Manchester United, but knows that Juventus are the right club for him.

The France international has left the Premier League outfit for a new challenge with the Bianconeri.

And the veteran left-back has insisted that he can’t wait to get going with Massimiliano Allegri’s men.

“I need to thank Italy, it's the country that gave me my start as a professional. I have great memories from my time at Marsala,” he said at his official unveiling.

“The minute Juventus came calling, I knew it was the right choice for me.

“It won't be easy to win four titles in a row. I managed to do it three times with Manchester United and know how difficult the challenge is.

“I'm really happy with the choice I've made. Juventus is a great club with a wonderful history.

“It wasn't easy to leave Man Utd, it was a decision I made for personal reasons. I'm happy with the choice I've made in coming here.”

Evra then commented on his European ambitions for the upcoming campaign, and his relationship with Carlos Tevez.

“We hope to do well in the Champions League. It's a great competition and we'll look to go as far as we can.

“Carlos is a warrior. It was tough for me to see him leave Manchester United for another team. We're great friends on and off the pitch.”

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
130806 messaggi

xofhxd.jpg

Van Gaal was sorry to see me go, says Evra

The defender admits it was very difficult to bid farewell to the Premier League
giants but says he had no hesitation in accepting an offer from Juventus.

Jul 31, 2014

Patrice Evra has revealed personal reasons were behind his decision to leave Manchester United and make the switch to Juventus - though he says new manager Louis van Gaal was eager to keep him.

The France left-back agreed a two-year contract with the Serie A champions earlier this month after asking to leave United towards the end of the previous campaign.

His decision to move on ended an eight-and-a-half year stay in England that saw the 33-year-old lift five Premier League titles, three League Cups and the Champions League.

Evra revealed on Thursday that although he had signed a one-year extension at Old Trafford in May, he had no hesitation in making the switch to Turin once a €2.5 million deal had been agreed.

"It was really difficult to leave Manchester United, it was for personal reasons," he said at a media conference in Turin.

"Three months before the end of the season I asked to speak to other clubs and when I knew Juventus were interested it was an easy decision, but the most difficult thing was to leave Manchester United.

"Manchester had great confidence in me. I spoke to Van Gaal, who was sorry to see me go, but I wanted to come to Juventus."

Juve have won the past three Serie A titles under Antonio Conte but preparations for the new campaign were thrown into doubt when the head coach left his role with the club on July 16.

Massimiliano Allegri replaced Conte at the helm and Evra, who does not have any concerns about the 45-year-old's departure, is ready for the challenges that come with defending the league crown.

"The minute Juventus came calling, I knew it was the right choice for me," he added. "They have the same winning mentality as me.

"Juve wants to win this year, I have never won the championship four times in a row, but it won't be easy.

"I managed to do it three times with Manchester United and know how difficult the challenge is.

"We hope to do well in the Champions League too. It's a great competition and we'll look to go as far as we can."

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
130806 messaggi

34e7ujn.jpg

Evra: I Left Manchester United
For Juventus For Personal Reasons

Jul 31, 2014

New Juventus signing Patrice Evra has revealed that leaving Manchester United for Juventus was a very difficult decision but that he had to leave for personal reasons.

The 33-year-old was presented as a Juventus player on Thursday and gave a press conference detailing his transfer from the Premier League club.

“It was really difficult to leave Manchester United.

“It was for personal reasons. I asked the club if I could leave. When I knew Juventus were interested, the most difficult part was to leave.

“But I did it and I am happy with my choice.”

Evra also talked of his delight at linking up with Carlos Tevez once again, with the two having been team-mates at Old Trafford between 2007 and 2009.

“It was tough for me to see him leave United, we are great friends on and off the pitch. It hurt me to see him in another shirt,” Evra explained.

Evra also answered difficult questions regarding racism, with the Italian football federation under the spotlight in recent days over alleged racist remarks made by its vice-president, Carlo Tavecchio.

“It’s hard to talk about racism.

“I don’t understand why someone compares other people because they are a different colour. Maybe they fear the other person.

“It is sad to be here and talk about it, I don’t understand it,” Evra added.

Evra is nevertheless excited about the fresh challenge ahead in Serie A, with his new club looking for a fourth successive Scudetto under new boss Massimiliano Allegri.

Evra was signed by Sir Alex Ferguson at Manchester United in 2006 and went on to enjoy an illustrious eight-year career at Old Trafford, winning the Champions League in 2008, five Premier League titles, three League Cups and a Club World Cup.

He made a total of 379 appearances for United, scoring 10 goals, but was given permission to leave following the signing of England international Luke Shaw from Southampton.

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
130806 messaggi

swcy9l.png

Evra: 'Juventus like family'

Aug 6, 2014

Patrice Evra said his first Juventus match in Indonesia gave him “the same sensations as with Manchester United.”

The Frenchman made his Bianconeri debut in the 8-1 victory in Jakarta this afternoon.

“In all honesty I didn’t expect such a welcome from the fans, as I thought that only happened with United,” Evra told Juventus.com.

“Mind you, this is precisely why I chose Juve: because it is a big club like Manchester and gives you the same sensations.

“I am very happy. I thank my teammates, the masseurs, everyone in the staff. They gave me a warm welcome and I already feel like family.

“Today the result was unimportant, but it is always nice to win and score lots of goals. We took this test seriously and are working hard, but the important thing is to be ready for August 30.”

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
130806 messaggi

swcy9l.png

Evra: Juve a new challenge

Aug 8, 2014

Patrice Evra says that whilst it was hard to leave Manchester United, Juventus represented a ‘new challenge’.

The Frenchman is currently with his new side in Australia as they continue their pre-season tour of the Asia-Oceania region.

“It was very difficult to leave Man United because it was like my second family,” the BBC quote Evra as telling reporters at an overnight conference.

“But as soon as I knew there was interest from Juve, I knew it would be a new challenge for me because I have to repay the faith they showed in me.”

Sat alongside Massimiliano Allegri, Gigi Buffon and Carlos Tevez, the 33-year-old considered his new side’s bid for a fourth successive League title.

“I have to show more as a Juventus player because we have to win four times in a row.

“It’s never easy to win four times in a row. I won it with Man United three times but four times is really difficult.”

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
130806 messaggi

swcy9l.png

Benarrivo: Evra will improve Juve

Aug 8, 2014

Antonio Benarrivo believes that new Juventus full-back Patrice Evra may be the buy of the summer so far.

The former Parma defender has considered the transfer market so far and picked out someone in his old position as likely to have the best impact next season.

“Iturbe is a good buy, but I would not underestimate Evra going to Juventus,” Benarrivo has told iamcalcio.it this week.

“He is a full-back with great experience and can improve a squad that already has a fantastic base.

“What next from the market? The deal to be concluded with most urgency, for me, is a striker for Juventus.

“They could do with replacing Morata, who is injured.”

The former Italy interantioanl was also asked about who he sees as set for the title race next term.

“Inter, Roma, Napoli and Juventus if they play well to the end, with the latter slightly favoured.

“Milan will struggle if they do not buy a striker.”

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
130806 messaggi

34e7ujn.jpg

Evra Surprised By Juventus Fans In Indonesia

Aug 8, 2014

Juventus defeated the ISL All Stars 8-1 in Indonesia and the reception the three time defending Italian champions received was amazing and former Manchester United player Patrice Evra was pleasantly surprised.

The French International joined Juventus after leaving the English Premier League giants for €7.5 million. Evra insist that he excited about being a part of Juventus and joined the team as they begun their preseason tour through Indonesia, Australia and Singapore.

Speaking to Juventus.com, Evra was surprised about the warm reception that Juventus received in Jakarta. Saying that he only believed that Manchester United experienced moments like that.

“I honestly did not expect this,” said Evra, “I thought this only happened with Manchester United. But it’s the reason I joined Juventus because it’s a great club like Manchester and it gives you the same feeling.”

When asked about how he was feeling about the club, Evra had this to say, “I am very happy. I thank my teammates, masseurs … everyone.

“They gave me a warm welcome and I already feel at home. The result did not matter, but it’s always nice to win and score a lot of goals. We took the commitment seriously and are working well, but the important thing is to ready for August 30. “

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
130806 messaggi

swcy9l.png

Evra on Tevez, Pirlo and formations

Aug 12, 2014

Patrice Evra is delighted to be working with Carlos Tevez again at Juventus, describing his former Manchester United teammate as like a brother.

In a Twitter question and answer session with Old Lady fans, the Frenchman also revealed the reason for his decision to move to Italy and the identity of the best player he has played with.

“I came to Juve because I knew they are a big club but also a big family,” Evra said. “It’s been exciting to link up with Carlos Tevez again.

“For me he is like a brother, it is as if we were never separated.

“The best player I have ever played with is without doubt Ryan Giggs, he was able to stay at a high level for a long time. He is a legend.”

The left-back then told fans he has already devised a nickname for new teammate Andrea Pirlo

“Out of the players in my current team, I admire Andrea Pirlo. I call him ‘Maestro’ for his ability to put the ball where he wants.”

Finally, Evra answered questions on what he will offer Juve this season, his ability to play in a 3-5-2 system and the current situation Italian football finds itself in.

“My crosses for a player like Llorente could be an important weapon, it is always a pleasure to play with players like him.

“I started my career playing largely within the 3-5-2 system but then I adapted to playing in a four man defence.

“I can do well with both systems of play.

“Italian football is in difficulty by it can revive itself. It needs work, of course, but Juve can be the driver of the whole movement.”

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
130806 messaggi

34e7ujn.jpg

Evra: I Knew I Had Joined A Great
Club When I Chose Juventus

Aug 12, 2014

Juventus defender Patrice Evra has revealed that he’s happy to have joined a great club like the Old Lady.

The 33-year-old arrived at the Bianconeri from Manchester United in July and he admits that he was excited to sign with a club that has a great history and was glad to be reunited with former Red Devils team-mate Carlos Tevez.

Evra spoke through the official Juventus Twitter page to answer some questions from the club’s fans and insisted that Ryan Giggs is the best player he’s ever taken the field with, while also commenting on the talent of Juve comrade Andrea Pirlo.

“I was happy to come here because I knew I was joining a great team and family with a fine history,” said the France international.

“Tevez is like a brother to me. When I saw him again it was as if we’d never been away from each other.

“The best player I’ve ever played with is Ryan Giggs. He’s a legend and has maintained his quality over the course of time.

“What’s it like playing with Andrea Pirlo? I call him ‘maestro’ because he can spot a pass from anywhere and pick you straight out.”

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
130806 messaggi

xofhxd.jpg

Lacazette earns France recall
as Deschamps preserves Evra

The coach has made only a couple of changes to the side that travelled to Brazil
in the summer, with the Lyon forward replacing Olivier Giroud in his 23-man panel.

Aug 28, 2014

France coach Didier Deschamps has resisted the urge to experiment too greatly in his side’s forthcoming friendlies against Serbia and Spain but has offered Lyon forward Alexandre Lacazette a recall to the side while preserving 33-year-old Patrice Evra.

The former Juventus and Marseille boss has named a 23-man panel for the two encounters next month, which also includes Steve Mandanda, who missed out on the World Cup due to a neck problem.

Deschamps has not used the World Cup as a watershed moment for veteran left-back Evra, as he feels the ex-Monaco star could still be available when Euro 2016 comes around.

“Evra was competitive during the World Cup,” the coach explained. “After eight years with Manchester United he is with Juventus, so I’m not the only one who thinks he remains competitive.

“No one can know what level he will be at in two years’ time. But I can bring in other players to that post if I need to.”

Deschamps has decided to stick closely to the side that travelled to the World Cup in the summer, with only two alterations made. Lacazette is in for the injured Olivier Giroud, while Mandanda takes the place of the retired Mickael Landreau.

Franck Ribery and Eric Abidal have both announced their decision to quit the international game recently, while Samir Nasri had previously ruled himself out of selection.

Goalkeepers: Steve Mandanda (Marseille), Hugo Lloris (Lyon), Ruffier (Saint-Etienne)

Defenders: Mathieu Debuchy (Arsenal), Lucas Digne (PSG), Patrice Evra (Juventus), Laurent Koscielny (Arsenal), Eliaquim Mangala (Manchester City), Bacary Sagna (Manchester City), Mamadou Sakho (Liverpool), Raphael Varane (Real Madrid)

Midfielders: Yohan Cabaye (PSG), Blaise Matuidi (PSG), Rio Mavuba (Lille), Paul Pogba (Juventus), Morgan Schneiderlin (Southampton), Moussa Sissoko (Newcastle)

Forwards: Karim Benzema (Real Madrid), Remy Cabella (Newcastle), Antoine Griezmann (Atletico Madrid), Alexandre Lacazette (Lyon), Loic Remy (QPR), Mathieu Valbuena (Dinamo Moscow)

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
130806 messaggi

34e7ujn.jpg

Evra: Juventus Can Compete For The Champions League

Sep 14, 2014

Juventus full back Patrice Evra was full of praise for his new team mates as the Bianconeri defeated Udinese 2-0 at the Juventus stadium.

Carlos Tevez and Claudio Marchisio were on target in something of a routine win for the Bianconeri.

The ex-Manchester United defender spoke to Sky Sport Italia after Saturday night’s match and said, “Playing in Italy is very different to playing in the Premier League.

“In Italy it’s much more tactical and you must concentrate all the time. I’ve never worked so hard in training!”

After being asked about the impact his new team can have in the Champions League, Evra commented, “Here we have some great players and I know we can do great things. We can do much better than what was achieved last season.”

Evra has only recently joined the Italian champions after leaving English giants Manchester United in the summer.

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
130806 messaggi

xofhxd.jpg

Evra: Serie A less intense than EPL

The defender was left in awe of the home support after taking
in his new surroundings for the first time on Saturday night.

Sep 14, 2014

Patrice Evra revealed how Paul Pogba had told him all about Juventus' famous support after savouring the Turin atmosphere for the first time in the 2-0 win over Udinese on Saturday evening.

Goals from Carlos Tevez and Claudio Marchisio gave the Bianconeri a second win in as many games at the start of the new Serie A season, with Evra impressing on the left hand side of a 3-5-2 formation.

The Frenchman was making his first start for the club and admitted after the game he had been struck by the incredible vocal support of the home crowd, as well as revealing the adjustments he has made since moving to Italy from Manchester United this summer.

He told Sky Italia: "Paul Pogba told me all about this stadium – it’s incredible! I would like to thank all the fans, staff and my team-mates. I looked to repay them with a good performance tonight.

"I’ve never worked as hard in my life! Serie A’s less intense than the Premiership but there’s a greater focus on tactics. You always need to be focused and alert to everything.”

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
130806 messaggi

34e7ujn.jpg

Deschamps: It’s Easy For Evra To Do Well At Juventus
After Seeing His Last Few Months At Manchester United

Oct 2, 2014

France national team boss Didier Deschamps has admitted that it’s hard to tell if Patrice Evra has improved at Juventus, but feels it should be easy after his mediocre showing during his final months with Manchester United.

The 33-year-old left the Red Devils over the summer after a shameful seventh place finish to the 2013-14 Premier League campaign and signed a two-year contract with the Bianconeri, though he’s yet to impress his national team coach since arriving in Turin.

Deschamps spoke to reporters on Thursday after revealing his France squad for the upcoming international break and commented on Evra’s improvement with Juventus this season thus far.

“I can not say that Evra has improved during his time with Juventus,” said the tactician, who included the former United man in his Les Bleus line up.

“Certainly, however, it is easy to do better than what we saw during his last six months with Manchester United.”

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
130806 messaggi

swcy9l.png

Pogba: 'Evra my Uncle Pat!'

Oct 12, 2014

Paul Pogba scored in France’s 2-1 victory over Portugal and revealed his nickname for Patrice Evra.

“We’re in good shape and beat a strong team.

The Juventus midfielder was on target in last night’s international friendly in a move sparked by his club and country teammate Evra.

“Evra? He is my Uncle Pat!” Pogba told RMC Sport.

“I am young and still need to learn. I cannot do everything right.”

He also sustained a knock to the knee, but assured “it’s nothing serious. It was just a bruise and I’m keeping ice on it.”

The 21-year-old has scored five goals in just 17 senior caps for France.

“I do not want to minimise Paul’s performance, as he does things out of the ordinary, even if he ought to simplify his game sometimes,” added Coach Didier Deschamps.

“Portugal would have loved to have him in their squad.”

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
130806 messaggi

swcy9l.png

Evra to miss a month?

Oct 27, 2014

Patrice Evra will reportedly spend a month on the sidelines as a result of a hamstring injury that kept him out of Juventus’ win over Palermo on Sunday.

The Frenchman skipped the weekend win having suffered with discomfort in the back of his left thigh and has undergone tests this morning.

Tuttosport reports that those examinations carried out have revealed that the former Manchester United man has sustained a strained hamstring and will be out of action until late November.

The news will come as a blow for Massimiliano Allegri’s side, who are short of options on the left flank, with Kwadwo Asamoah the only other recognised starter in the role.

The Turin-based newspaper speculates that Roberto Pereyra or Simone Padoin could be asked to fill in on the left-hand side on occasion until Evra recovers, with Juventus juggling both Serie A and Champions League commitments.

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
130806 messaggi

xofhxd.jpg

Evra to miss a month for Juventus

Having not featured for the Scudetto holders' victory at the weekend,
the Frenchman is now set to be sidelined for around 30 days with a muscular problem.

Oct 27, 2014

Juventus left-back Patrice Evra has been sidelined for a month with a hamstring strain.

The French defender sat out Sunday's 2-0 win over Palermo, having suffered the injury in training ahead of the Serie A clash.

And coach Massimiliano Allegri will now have to do without the experienced player for upcoming crunch matches against Olympiakos in the Champions League and Lazio in Serie A.

"Patrice Evra was absent from the group [training on Monday] following the injury he sustained late last week," a club statement read.

"The Frenchman underwent medical tests earlier today which revealed a strain of the biceps femoris muscle [hamstring] in his left thigh, and he is estimated to return to action in 30 days."

Evra has made six appearances since moving to Turin from Manchester United in the summer.

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
130806 messaggi

swcy9l.png

Evra return to Man Utd?

Dec 6, 2014

There are reports Patrice Evra could return to Manchester United, so Juventus bring back Paolo De Ceglie from Parma.

Evra was out of contract with the Old Trafford giants and joined Juve as a free agent over the summer, but has struggled for pace.

According to La giornalaccio rosa dello Sport, Manchester United have asked the French international if he wants to return and help Louis van Gaal’s team.

Evra is believed to be considering it, having spent eight seasons at the club.

It’s also reported that Juve have targeted a cost-free replacement, as they could recall De Ceglie six months early from his loan at troubled Parma.

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
130806 messaggi

smrn9d.jpg

Patrice Evra Scores First Goal
of His Juventus Career Against Sampdoria

https://vine.co/v/O62mMHaxb5i

Dec 14, 2014

Patrice Evra popped up with a few big goals for Manchester United, particularly in the latter stages of his career at Old Trafford.

Well, now Juventus fans have finally got to see that aspect of his game.

Evra put Juventus in front against Sampdoria on Sunday with a powerful downward header into the bottom corner of the net.

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
130806 messaggi

swcy9l.png

Evra: ‘Juve, play like smaller team’

Apr 2, 2015

Patrice Evra admits Juventus are favourites against Monaco, but says he’ll ‘play like I were in the smaller team’.

The Bianconeri face the side from the principality in the Quarter Finals of the Champions League this month, and as an ex-Monaco defender, Evra says the Old Lady need to harness the underdog spirit.

“If Monaco have reached this stage then they’re here for a reason,” the Frenchman told Sky.

“Facing them is like playing Bayern Munich or Barcelona. As far as history goes, we start as favourites, but we have to start at 0-0.

“It will be very difficult, I put myself in their shoes, when I was there we played against Real Madrid and Chelsea.

“With Real we went through after losing 4-2 in the first leg, winning 3-2 [in the second].

“I’ll play as if I were in the smaller team, sacrificing more, giving everything.”

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
130806 messaggi

swcy9l.png

Evra: 'Serie A is so tough!'

Apr 11, 2015

Patrice Evra admits he had a “shock” when making his Juventus debut. “Serie A is absolutely not easy! I’ve never worked so hard.”

The Frenchman discussed his long career path with Sky Sport Italia, including a very early spell in Italy with Marsala in Sicily.

“In the neighbourhood where I grew up, football has a fundamental importance. We had nothing else to do. Football saved me and when I had the chance to go to Marsala, it was like a dream.

“I still feel so proud when returning there. I was nobody, just a kid, yet Sicily and Marsala welcomed me with open arms. It will forever be a family to me.

“I had a strange career path, as I never went through a youth academy. I just went from the streets to Manchester United, the France team and now Juve.

“I knew Manchester United from Eric Cantona. I visited the stadium for a game against a fifth division side and there were 76,000 people there. I realised it was a different world.

“At the start I didn’t play much, as you have to be physically strong to play in the Premier League, so I spent the whole summer in the gym.

“Sir Alex Ferguson taught me to understand that winning has to be normal for me. If I didn’t give my all in training, then the managers wouldn’t notice me and I couldn’t get their respect.

“Ferguson was amazing, as the players were afraid of getting hurt! They knew if they got a pass wrong, then later in the locker room they’d have to be careful! Even before an Arsenal game his team talk was ‘don’t ruin my Sunday.’

“I remember in a Champions League match he gave me the captain’s armband. It was an incredible responsibility, but Ferguson said I always had the right words for my teammates.

“When he left Manchester, he said the two players who would become great Coaches were Ryan Giggs and me.”

Evra quit Old Trafford too and revealed the huge difference when joining Juventus.

“In football you never stop learning. I knew a bit about Juve and its history, but it was a shock for me. I heard Zinedine Zidane say he threw up after the first training session, but I thought it was a legend. It wasn’t.

“Coach Max Allegri asked every day how I was and I’d reply: ‘For the moment I am still alive.’ I have never trained so hard in my entire life.

“I heard many people say Serie A is easy. You might think that when you’re outside, but now I’m there, it’s absolutely not true.

“The difference is that in England football is like two boxers and the first to get tired loses the match. In Italy the tactics are fundamental and I remember even at 17 thinking all the Italian teams were so well-prepared.

“An English player can come to Italy and do badly, just as an Italian can, but you have to be intelligent enough to realise they are different Leagues.”

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
130806 messaggi

xofhxd.jpg

Evra warns Suarez: I'll shake your hand,
but you'll feel my presence!

The Uruguayan was banned for racially abusing the France left-back during their time
in the Premier League and they are set to cross paths again in the Champions League final.

May 14, 2015

Juventus left-back Patrice Evra has hinted that Barcelona striker Luis Suarez is in for a rough ride when they cross paths in the Champions League final.

Suarez was banned for eight matches by the Football Association during his time at Liverpool after he was found guilty of racially abusing Evra while playing against Manchester United at Anfield in October 2011.

The Uruguay striker has always maintained his innocence, however, and upon returning from his suspension he refused to shake the defender's hand ahead of a match at Old Trafford.

The two are now set to face off once again when Juve take on Barca in Berlin in June and Evra has suggested that it could be a lively affair.

"A lot of people ask me this question; it doesn't matter," he replied when asked by reporters about the prospect of playing against Suarez, who will also cross paths with Giorgio Chiellini, the Italy defender whom he bit at the World Cup.

"The most important thing is I play the final, you know. I am proud to be what I am, I am proud about my colour and I will shake his hand, it is no problem, but I will make sure he will feel me on the pitch."

Having played in 2004 final for Monaco, as well as three during his time at United, Evra is set to line up for his fifth Champions League final in Berlin.

And the France international also insists that Juve have nothing to fear despite facing a Barcelona team spearheaded by the prolific trio of Suarez, Neymar and Lionel Messi.

"They are human beings," he added. "People forget, on Juventus's team, a lot of players have already won the Champions League. They play as well in [other] finals, like myself, my fifth final.

"You never know. I believe in everything because, if I don't believe we can win against Barcelona, I will ask the manager not to play me."

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti