Vai al contenuto
Accedi per seguire   
Socrates

Gianluigi Buffon

130799 messaggi

logo_hp.png

Gianluigi Buffon Will Have Meniscus Surgery On Wednesday

The goalkeeper could be out until February once he goes under the knife on Wednesday morning...

Juventus goalkeeper Gianluigi Buffon faces a 40 day absence from action from next Wednesday when he will have a meniscus operation.

The Italian international will be on hand to safeguard the Old Lady's goal against Inter in the derby d'Italia on Saturday night, and Bayern Munich on Tuesday.

But once the Champions League clash is over, Buffon will be preparing to have surgery on his left knee the following morning. Tuttosport has reported that he will be out of action until next year. His operation will be carried out by professor Flavio Quaglia.

The reason behind the surgery is because Buffon has been having problems, but has carried on playing nevertheless, often in pain, in order to help the Bianconeri through their difficult games.

The Christmas break will offer some respite and with crucial fixtures out of the way, it is believed that 'Superman' has deemed this to be the perfect opportunity to free himself from the problem and play pain free in 2010 ahead of the World Cup. Alex Manninger will deputise.

On the downside, Buffon may miss the major game against Milan, but should be back by February for the Champions League last 16, should his side qualify.

Condividi questo messaggio

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
130799 messaggi

logo_hp.png

Gianluigi Buffon Postpones Meniscus Surgery

The Italy international will not go under the knife today

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
130799 messaggi

logo_hp.png

Gianluigi Buffon Will Have Surgery On Sunday - Agent

The goalkeeper's agent has revealed surgery will take place on Sunday after it was cancelled on Wednesday...

Gianluigi Buffon's agent Silvano Martina has hinted the Juventus goalkeeper will undergo surgery on Sunday and claims the Italian will be out for six weeks.

Buffon was due to have surgery on his broken meniscus on Wednesday morning. However, reports claim it was postponed at the request of the club. The keeper is now expected to play against Bari this weeked, despite his injury. But his agent's comments conflict with what has been reported by Italian media.

Juventus have not confirmed the rescheduled operation date, but Martina believes it will happen on Sunday.

"I do not know if he will play against Bari, but I don't think he will," Martina told Calciomercato.it.

"It's not a serious injury, so he should be back on the pitch within five to six weeks."

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
130799 messaggi

imagegoalcomconcept2sub.jpg

Buffon To Recover In Time For Milan Match

Reports suggest the custodian's recovery from recent surgery is going better than expected...

Juventus goalkeeper Gianluigi Buffon could make a full recovery from knee surgery in time for the crunch match against Milan on January 10.

Buffon, who went under the knife on Sunday to cure a long-term meniscus problem, is making rapid progression with the rate of his recovery thus far, leading to reports he may be back in time to guard the goal against the Rossoneri.

Puntosport.net claims the custodian has been recovering well as he follows a specific rehabilitation programme. Clubs medics are said to be happy with Buffon and his estimated recovery time, which was set for January 24 against Roma, could be slashed by two weeks. It is said the operation on Sunday was easier than expected and it lasted just 15 minutes, giving the impression that the problem was less serious.

On Thursday Buffon said his recovery was "going good" and that Alex Manninger "would handle things well".

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
2002 messaggi

Buffon: We must return to being again the real Juventus

03.01.10 | tribalfootball.com

Gigi Buffon can sense a surge of determination inside the Juventus locker room.

The goalkeeper hopes to be fit later this month after undergoing knee surgery late, last year.

On Juve's December slide, Buffon said: "I look around the locker room and see everyone showing great care and effort regarding the current situation.

"I really hope that the setbacks in 2009 remain a bad memory. We must return to being the real Juve.

"Now there is the championship, then comes the Coppa Italia and in February the Europa League, we want to play for everything until the end."

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
2002 messaggi

Juventus No1 Buffon insists Scudetto not out of reach

11.01.10 | tribalfootball.com

Juventus goalkeeper Gigi Buffon insists they can still win the Scudetto.

Despite supporter protests at the end of last night's thrashing by AC Milan, Buffon insisted all was not lost.

The result leaves Juve 12 points behind Serie A leaders Inter Milan.

"Farewell to the Scudetto? You should wait to make judgments. Seeing the way Inter played yesterday there is still hope," declared Buffon.

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
130799 messaggi

Gianluigi Buffon: I Am Ready To Return

The goalkeeper will be back on Sunday...

Juventus goalkeeper Gianluigi Buffon has announced he is on the verge of completing his return from injury, whilst praising the team for their Coppa Italia win over Napoli.

The glovesman has been out of action since December when he went under the knife for meniscus surgery.

"After a one month break, I am ready to return," he told his official website.

"Everything has gone well and I have not had any problems in terms of recovery. I am hoping to be back between the sticks on Sunday against Chievo."

Juve sent out a strong message to the detractors following their Coppa win, a result which means Inter are up next on the path to knockout glory.

"The win over Napoli served to pick up our morale, but we know that this is not enough as we have to get results with consistency.

"From now on we have to get on the pitch and give our maximum every game."

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
130799 messaggi

Bayern Should Sign Buffon - Oliver Kahn

.asd

The former Bayern keeper has tipped the Bavarians to sign Juventus shot stopper Buffon...

Bavarian powerhouse Bayern Munich have been looking for a new goalkeeper ever since the retirement of Germany legend Oliver Kahn, and the German legend has now made it clear who he sees as the perfect shot stopper for Bayern.

"I would try to sign Juventus glovesman Gianluigi Buffon if I were in charge at Bayern. Bayern Munich are extremely ambitious, and it's crucial to have one of the best goalies around if you want to win silverware," said Kahn to Sport Bild.

"Buffon is already 31 years old, but that shouldn't be too much of a problem. You never know how a younger goalie will cope with the pressure at Bayern, while someone like Buffon is a certainty.

"Real Madrid's Iker Casillas and Chelsea shot stopper Petr Cech are also world-class. We also have some promising German goalies with Rene Adler and Manuel Neuer though."

Bayern were recently linked with Udinese's Samir Handanovic, while Steve Mandanda of Olympique Marseille and CSKA Moscow keeper Igor Akinfeev have also been linked with FC Hollywood more than once.

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
130799 messaggi

Bayern Munich? Gianluigi Buffon Already Plays

For A Big Club In Juventus - Agent :sventola:

The Italian international has no plans to leave, claims agent...

Juventus goalkeeper Gianluigi Buffon will not be heading to Bayern Munich, as he reflects on Oliver Khan's recent comments.

The former Bayern glovesman used his influence to encourage the German side to make a serious move for the Italian international.

However, Buffon's agent, Silvano Martina, has diffused the situation. He claims the Italy No. 1 will not be moving from Turin as he exercises his transfer power.

"Khan's words are pleasing as he is the greatest keeper in Bayern's history," Martina told Tuttomercatoweb.com.

"However, his is just an opinion, not a transfer. It was just a personal opinion. If Rummenigge had said it then it would have been different as he is the president.

"I respond for Gigi who already plays for a big club, and the words from Khan are pleasing."

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
130799 messaggi

Gianluigi Buffon Wants To Leave

With Manchester City & Bayern Munich On Standby

Buffon's less than cheerful vibes could prompt him to leave for pastures new, according to reports...

Gianluigi Buffon wants to get away from the ongoing troubles at Juventus, with Bayern Munich and Manchester City both ready to provide some relief.

Tuttosport claims Buffon has had enough of enduring dissapointment following the Old Lady's third straight defeat, a 2-1 home loss to Roma on Saturday.

The goalkeeper is quoted as having said: "Always on the counter attack...that's enough, I cannot take it anymore," as he walked through the Stadio Olimpico tunnel after the game.

Juve are now four points off the Champions League pace, and failure to qualify for that competition could prove a further strain on the 32-year-old.

Whilst Buffon has always showed the club a strong sense of loyalty post Calciopoli, the recent slide has prompted him to change his view.

Both Bayern Munich and Manchester City are said to be tracking the goalkeeper, despite his agent Silvano Martina claiming last week that there are no plans for a move.

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
130799 messaggi

Buffon Takes Blame Away From Former Coach Ciro Ferrara

The shot-stopper expresses his feelings about the former coach, who was replaced on Friday by Alberto Zaccheroni...

Despite not being able to play against Lazio due to being sent off last week, Juventus goalkeeper Gianluigi Buffon has revealed what he thought about former coach Ciro Ferrara and new boss Alberto Zaccheroni.

The Bianconeri claimed a 1-1 draw with the Biancocelesti, to move into fifth place on 34 points.

"The new coach presented himself in a proper and professional way. Zaccheroni seems to be a practical person," Buffon explained to Datasport post-match. "He has the right approach and is humble.

"Ferrara was our point of reference, and the decision was the right one. It was not the right way to send off our former tactician, because other than being our coach, he was a friend, who taught us a lot about football.

"He had all the patience, and I am sure that this experience will serve him well in the future."

The Italian international puts the focus on his team-mates to win matches, and not just relying on the coach to make the right tactical move.

"I think that it is the players that have to win the matches - if they have the quality - even if there is no coach," he stated.

"The team was on a negative trend that whether the players were changed or not, the same result was the conclusion. As always, the coach is the one who pays for it, but it isn't his fault.

"We have not been lucky these last few weeks," concluded Buffon.

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
130799 messaggi

Manchester United Want Gianluigi Buffon

United are following Buffon with increased interest...

Gianluigi Buffon is being tracked by Manchester United and he could be sold if Juventus fail to get Champions League football.

Tuttomercatoweb.com reports the Premier League champions are looking at a number of choices to replace Edwin Van der Sar. He is expected to leave in the summer, prompting manager Sir Alex Ferguson's search for a new No. 1.

Manu Neuer of Schalke has been linked with Old Trafford, but the Italian is on United minds. Moving forwards Ferguson will open a dialogue with agent Silvano Martina before approaching Juve with a

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
130799 messaggi

Buffon Confident That Juventus Will Qualify For The C.L.

Gianluigi Buffon is sure that he will be playing for Juventus in Europe's most prestigious club competition...

Juventus goalkeeper Gianluigi Buffon has dismissed rumours regarding a possible move away from the Turin-based outfit, insisting the only way he will play abroad is with the Bianconeri in the Champions League.

Speaking to La giornalaccio rosa Dello Sport, Buffon said,

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
130799 messaggi

Buffon: Italy Will Have It Tough In Euro 2012 Qualifiers

Gianluigi Buffon sees tough matches in store...

Feb 8, 2010

Gianluigi Buffon has said Italy will "have to sweat" for Euro 2012 qualification after drawing Serbia, Slovenia, Northern Ireland, Estonia and the Faroe Islands in Group C.

"I think it will be a fascinating group and the hardest rivals will probably be Serbia and Slovenia," he told his official website.

"But, I would also be careful with Northern Ireland as they are good when playing at home. Estonia and the Faroe Islands should be reasonable.

"We will have to sweat to qualify, but we can do it."

The games against Northern Ireland will have a unique significance for the Juventus goalkeeper.

"I am happy to have rediscovered Northern Ireland as I played my very first Italy match with them when I was with the under-15 side," he concluded.

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
130799 messaggi

Buffon & Amauri Receive Apology From Italian Paper

Italian paper apologises to Amauri and Buffon following dressing room allegations

Feb 12, 2010

Juventus duo Amauri and Gianluigi Buffon have received an apology after strenously denying allegations which claimed they had a bust-up after the Brazilian allegedly made advances on the goalkeeper's wife, Alena Seredova.

The Italian website Cronacaqui.it published allegations which suggested Amauri liked Seredova, causing friction between the players, and an eventual argument at the Vinovo training centre which was brought under control by Juventus general director Roberto Bettega.

But, both the married Amauri and Buffon responded to the allegations and wrote a letter to Cronacaqui.it strongly denying the story, asking for an apology from the publication.

Their letter, according to Tuttojuve.com reads:

"Ladies and Gentlemen

We read with astonishment and indignation the article published in your newspaper today entitled "Brazilian advances for Alena Seredova - Amauri and Buffon fight." That article exceeds the normal continence in giving information for both the graphics and images, both in content "information" refers to a "triangle" and transcends low sexual innuendo ("put eyes on him and not only") harming the reputation and integrity of each of the undersigned.

Furthermore, the author gives his own account in the text, which, contrary to his duties (as enshrined in the abundant case law on defamation in the press), has not checked in any way the "voices" from which he gained the information, with this conflicts with the normal canons of professional diligence and decorum.

Although tested on a secondary level and lower level, the divulging of false specimens as explained in the present case, is likely to damage our reputation and image: We ask for you to publish, in appropriate ways and forms, appropriate apologies. If not, we will proceed to the protection of our reasons in the appropriate criminal and civil offices.

Gianluigi Buffon

(also for Mrs. Seredova)

Amauri Carvalho De Oliveira "

Cronacaqui.it obliged and published an apology.

Their letter reads:

"We publish this, without omissions, as is our custom, in respect of the relationship of loyalty to our readers that distinguishes us from our very first edition. We would support news and only the right to record news, because even the titbits of gossip is news, but we prefer to be honest, as is our habit.

"We have never dreamed of talking politely regarding glances and compliments to Mrs Seredova, if someone who knows all the secrets of the locker room and more, he had not sung his song. And, moreover, to a journalist ... In any case, I offer our apologies to Mrs Seredova. On evaluating the matter within our publication we have acknowledged the evaluations of Mr Buffon and Amauri."

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
130799 messaggi

Buffon & Amauri Did Not Fight - Alena Seredova

Seredova rubbishes fight allegations...

Feb 24, 2010

Gianluigi Buffon's partner Alena Seredova has denied allegations that the Juventus goalkeeper had a fight with team-mate Amauri because of her.

"A fight between Gigi and Amauri because of me? Not true, absolutely not true," she told Donna e Diva magazine.

"Whoever wrote that the allegations doesn't know Gigi because he never fights."

On a brighter note, Seredova announced she is expecting another child.

"I am sure that the next one will also be a boy, and then maybe we will have a little girl," she concluded.

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
130799 messaggi

Gianluigi Buffon Faces A Month Out With Thigh Injury

Buffon has been struck down by injury again...

Feb 24, 2010

Gianluigi Buffon will miss the games against Ajax in the Europa League and Palermo at the weekend because of a suspected thigh strain. And he could be out for a month.

Sky Sport Italia claim the Juventus goalkeeper will undergo tests later to determine the problem that stopped him from training on Monday.

Buffon has already faced a spell on the sidelines this season following a meniscus operation to his knee in December. Alex Manninger will step in for tomorrow's Europa League clash.

The Italian could miss vital games against Fiorentina, Sampdoria and Napoli too.

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
130799 messaggi

"Juventus Need A New Goalkeeper" Jokes Gianluigi Buffon

The goalkeeper has seen the funny side of his injury...

Feb 26, 2010

Gianluigi Buffon has told Juventus to invest in a new goalkeeper as he joked about his thigh injury.

While Buffon's one month absence because of a thigh strain is no laughing matter for the club, he stayed positive by looking on the bright side.

"My injury? Juventus must buy a new, younger goalkeeper...only joking," he told Sky Sport Italia.

"These are things that happen, but the most important thing is that the team has got through the moment of crisis."

Alex Manninger is filling in for Buffon while he recovers, and will deputise for this Sunday'sclash with Palermo at the Stadio Olimpico.

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
130799 messaggi

Salvatore Sirigu Will Do Well For Italy - Buffon

Gianluigi Buffon claims Sirigu will shine for Italy in his absence...

Mar 1, 2010

Gianluigi Buffon has heaped praise on debutant Italy goalkeeper Salvatore Sirigu, claiming "he is like me".

Palermo shot-stopper Sirigu received his first Italy call-up for the friendly against Cameroon on Wednesday. Buffon will not feature because he is injured but, having watched Sirigu against Juventus, he praised his fellow glovesman.

"I must say that Sirigu of Palermo has show he is a serene keeper with some excellent qualities," Buffon told Tuttosport.

"In effect he is like me from a physical point of view. Like Sirigu, Emiliano Viviano of Bologna is also doing well."

Kick off is at 20:45CET at the Stade Louis II in Monaco on Wednesday night.

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
130799 messaggi

Gianluigi Buffon Pledges Future To Juventus

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
130799 messaggi

Gianluigi Buffon In Shock Retirement Claim

The goalkeeper has an idea of when to call time on his career...

Mar 9, 2010

Gianluigi Buffon's playing career will be decided by the Italy national team because once the national calls stop coming, he will hang up his gloves.

Buffon, 32, has admitted he wants to play for as long as he can, but he will retire once he stops playing for La Nazionale.

He told weekly magazine 'A': "When they no longer call me up for la Nazionale then I will retire. I don't really want to continue playing forever."

Buffon is currently injured following a thigh problem he sustained during a training session last month, but he is expected to return in two weeks.

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
130799 messaggi

Gianluigi Buffon To Tie The Knot

But his fiancee expects an old-fashioned proposal

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
130799 messaggi

Buffon Will Not Leave Juventus For Manchester City - Agent

Goal.com spoke to Gianluigi Buffon's agent and he denied suggestions his man is leaving the club...

Mar 12, 2010

Gianluigi Buffon will not be leaving Juventus for Manchester City in the summer, agent Silvano Martina told Goal.com on Friday.

Sportmediaset.it claimed City were ready to offer

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
130799 messaggi

Gianluigi Buffon Will Return Near The End Of March - Agent

The player's agent says April 3rd at the latest...

Mar 15, 2010

Juventus goalkeeper Gianluigi Buffon is set to return from a thigh injury in the near future, according to his agent Silvano Martina, but will not be rushed back after a knock to second-choice shot stopper Alex Manninger.

"Gigi will return later this month," he told Calciomercato.it on Monday.

"He certainly will not accelerate his recovery because of the injury to Manninger."

The representative's statement have the Italian press speculating that Buffon will not be available for the midweek clash against rivals Napoli on March 24, but either against Atalanta (March 28) or Udinese (April 3).

Meanwhile, suggestions that the Italy international will join Manchester City in a big money move were once again dismissed by Martina.

"Gigi is very annoyed, because they are groundless," he concluded.

Buffon is Italy's undisputed first-choice goalkeeper for the upcoming World Cup and has made 21 starts in Serie A this season, with five clean sheets.

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
130799 messaggi

Gianluigi Buffon Won't Be Used As Bait For Ribery - Agent

Agent laughs off reports of a Buffon for Ribery deal...

Mar 17, 2010

Gianluigi Buffon will not be used by Juventus as bait for Bayern Munich ace Franck Ribery, said agent Silvano Martina on Wednesday.

Reports around the peninsula claimed Juventus would be open to negotiations with Bayern Munich for the Frenchman, and Buffon would be part of the deal as the Germans are looking for a goalkeeper.

But those rumours have been shot down by Martina, who insisted his client is not leaving.

"There is absolutely nothing to say. I don't understand why the papers continue to speak about Buffon's future," Martina told Tuttomercatoweb.com.

"Buffon has three years on his contract, and he is happy at Juventus.

"He has never asked to leave, and he never will, and so I don't know where these voices are coming from."

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti