Vai al contenuto
Socrates

Claudio Marchisio

130842 messaggi

xofhxd.jpg

'The referee ruined the game' - Prandelli blasts
Marchisio red card after Italy exit

The midfielder was given his marching orders for a high tackle on Egidio Arevalo Rios
in the second half, with Uruguay going on to knock the Azzurri out of the World Cup.

Jun 24, 2014

Cesare Prendelli believes referee Marco Rodriguez "ruined" Italy's World Cup crunch clash with Uruguay by showing a straight red card to Claudio Marchisio in the second half.

Marchisio was sent off on 59 minutes after catching Egidio Arevalo Rios just below the knee with his studs, and the 10-man Azzurri went on to lose the match 1-0 to an 81st-minute Diego Godin header.

The result sees Italy crash out at the group stage for the second successive World Cup, and after the match Prandelli laid the blame for the defeat at the feet of Rodriguez rather than Marchisio.
"It didn't seem like a red card offence," he told Sky Sport Italia. "There were some tough tackles, but not worthy of a red card. It was a very balanced game, Uruguay never really had a shot on goal despite needing to win.

"It was a good match tactically and in my view the referee ruined it. He cannot give a red card in that situation, he just can't.

"We got the game with Costa Rica wrong and fought hard with Uruguay against two of the best strikers in the world, though they never caused us problems.

"It's a great shame that we go out in these circumstances."

Condividi questo messaggio

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
130842 messaggi

xofhxd.jpg

Marchisio: Conte exit in everybody's best interest

The midfielder has made it clear that the Italy boss made the right call
to step down and is confident a successful season awaits the Turin giants.

Aug 26, 2014

Claudio Marchisio believes Antonio Conte's decision to step down as Juventus coach was in everybody's best interests.

The successful coach stepped down earlier this summer over a dispute about the Serie A champions' transfer policy, despite signing a one year contract extension months before, having guided the club to a third consecutive league title.

And Marchisio feels the current Italy boss made the right call as he no longer felt committed to the cause.

"I respect Conte's choice. He explained to me why he left, but that stays between the two of us," Marchisio told Tuttosport.

"I can assure you that he's not the type to continue as coach when he's not feeling committed 100 per cent.

"He tried to keep going at the start of the season because he's a Juventino, but he then realised that it was in everybody's best interest to go separate ways."

The midfielder then went on to stress that Juventus are in good hands again following the appointment of Massimiliano Allegri as Conte's successor.

"Each coach has his own character and methods, but things are working well with Allegri. And don't you think that Allegri doesn't scream when necessary...

"And either way, even if our coach doesn't scream to fire us up, we're in good shape and ready for the new season. A great season awaits. We want to defend the Scudetto and do a good job in Europe."

Juventus kick off the new Serie A campaign with an away game against Chievo on Saturday.

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
130842 messaggi

34e7ujn.jpg

Marchisio Withdraws From Italy Squad
Ahead Of Match Against Norway

Sep 5, 2014

Juventus midfielder Claudio Marchisio has withdrawn from the Italy squad ahead of Tuesday’s Euro 2016 qualifier against Norway as the Bianconeri player is out through suspension.

Italy team doctor Enrico Castellacci revealed that the 28-year-old was suffering from a fever in the 2-0 friendly win against the Netherlands, but the Juve man has returned back to Turin due to the ban.

“Marchisio has returned home because he is suspended – even though he had a fever, it would not have prevented him playing,” the team’s chief doctor stated as reported by Corriere dello Sport.

Marchisio played 63 minutes in the Azzurri’s debut under Antonio Conte before being replaced by Marco Verratti.

The Turin native registered four goals in 43 appearances for the Bianconeri last season.

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
130842 messaggi

34e7ujn.jpg

Marchisio: Juventus Have Started The Season Off Well

Sep 14, 2014

Juventus midfielder Claudio Marchisio is pleased at how his team have kicked off their 2014-2015 Serie A campaign.

The Bianconeri have won three straight Scudetti so far, but experienced a bit of turmoil this summer after Antonio Conte departed and was replaced by former AC Milan coach Massimiliano Allegri.

However, after laboring to a 1-0 win over Chievo in their first fixture, Juventus were able to get things right and maintain their unbeaten run at home with a solid 2-0 victory against Udinese, with Marchisio opening his goal account for the season with a long-range strike.

“After three straight titles, it was really important for us to start things off on the right foot as other teams are well equipped this season,” the 28-year-old Italian international stated to Sky Sport Italia after the match.

Marchisio has been deployed in a new role in the absence of Andrea Pirlo due to injury, but the long-serving Bianconeri midfielder was quick to point out that he is not a replacement for the veteran player.

“Simply put, there is only one Pirlo. I’m trying to do my best, but he’s irreplaceable.

“And while I like that role because I get to be involved and I get plenty of space, I enjoy playing as a mezzala because I have the opportunity to score some goals.”

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
130842 messaggi

34e7ujn.jpg

I Could Play Until I’m 40
In My New Role States Marchisio

Sep 14, 2014

Juventus midfielder Claudio Marchisio has stated that he could play until he is 40 thanks to his new role in midfield.

Marchisio has been deployed as a deep-lying playmaker in the first two games of the Serie A under the new coach Massimilano Allegri in the absence of the injured Andrea Pirlo, and the Italian admits he is liking his new role.

“I’ve adapted in my new role. I can even play up to the age of 40 in this new role,” he told JTV.

“I’ve changed my game. I have been touching more balls in this role.

“The approach in these two games has really been important, as we have seen in Verona and once again against Udinese.

“We’ve got the desired result in the two opening games.”

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
130842 messaggi

34e7ujn.jpg

Marchisio: Allegri Has Brought ‘Tiki-Taka’ To Juventus

Sep 16, 2014

Italian international Claudio Marchisio has provided some insights into the subtle changes that new coach Massimiliano Allegri has introduced since taking over at Juventus.

While Allegri has stuck to the same 3-5-2 system to ensure continuity, there are different shades in how he interprets the tactics and the way he wants the team to play.

“Under [Antonio] Conte, we had very specific tasks and duties; every movement was planned and there were greater demands on us physically as we were asked to play at a high intensity throughout the whole match,” the midfielder explained.

“By contrast, under Allegri, we are asked to maintain more possession and to identify the right moments to attack, particularly in front of opposing defenses.

“This is preferable because we are able to manage the game and conserve our energy. Going all out makes it a struggle to recover the ball, so perhaps this is better for us. You could say that we are introducing a bit of tiki-taka into our play.”

A look at Juventus’s statistics this season bore out Marchisio’s analysis. Under Allegri, Juve has toned down their aggression and intensity, enjoying 64 percent of possession compared to 56 percent under Conte last season. The team has also made more successful passes – 546 this season, compared to 445 last term.

Marchisio has also spoken of the positive impact since Allegri’s arrival.

“We are doing very well. the new signings have integrated seamlessly and the results of the first two games proved the success of our new tactical approach. We could not have asked for a better start.

“Are we stronger now as a team compared to 2013-14? Well, we can only tell at the end of the season. Certainly the margins of improvement have been remarkable.”

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
130842 messaggi

swcy9l.png

Marchisio masterclass

After Juventus’ convincing win over Milan, Luca Persico looks at the emergence
of Claudio Marchisio as an alternative to Andrea Pirlo.

Jun 22, 2014

Looking in from a distance, you could be forgiven for questioning what has changed at Juventus this season.

The Old Lady may have swapped Antonio Conte for Massimiliano Allegri, but still line up in their almost symbolic 3-5-2 and retain the same ruthlessness and sheer desire to win that has been drilled into them over the last three years.

With the new Serie A season just three games old, Juventus have already affirmed their place as the League’s benchmark, alongside Roma.

Wins against Chievo and Udinese eased the early pressure on Allegri, while Saturday’s 1-0 defeat of Milan highlighted Juventus’ strength and showed there to be a significant gap between them and a side who had been built up as Scudetto outsiders before the contest.

Such a run of results had become the norm under Conte and it would be understandable to assume Allegri has simply retained his methods and succeeded with continuity. To surmise the Livorno native’s work in such a way would, however, be unfair. Allegri has admittedly retained Conte’s blueprint, but has made notable tweaks that are giving Juventus a new outlook.

The desire to free up Carlos Tevez is the most notable alteration, but the reinvention of Claudio Marchisio is perhaps more intriguing. With Andrea Pirlo out injured for the opening weeks of season, Allegri has turned to the 28-year-old to fill in.

Marchisio had always been a more offensive midfielder for Juventus - usually from the left, but has embraced this new role, with his energy, positional sense and smart use of the ball has made the midfield more fluid. With Pirlo in the side, the build up would always go through him and he would play the decisive passes. Now, with Allegri preferring a more patient approach, Marchisio’s less ambitious, but neat passing has proven to be an excellent fit.

This season, he is averaging 99.3 passes at an accuracy of 89.9 per cent per game in Serie A, compared to just 37.2 [with 86.7 percent accuracy] last term. Those stats look even more impressive when put alongside Pirlo’s output of 69 passes per game at an 88.5 per cent accuracy last season.

Admittedly, Marchisio’s stats are drawn from a much smaller pool and are a reflection of Allegri’s desire for greater possession, but do suggest that he can be a worthy alternative to Pirlo. Perhaps, the most notable advantage of having Marchisio deep is reflected in his defensive output. This season, he has made 2.7 tackles per game - only Arturo Vidal’s made more.

One of the downsides of having Pirlo as a deep playmaker is his lack of defensive work and need for cover. With Marchisio, that isn't necessary and allows the two central midfielders alongside him to push higher, as Roberto Pereyra and Paul Pogba did to good effect against Milan. Marchisio's recovery rate also means he can support the attack, as he did to score in the win over Udinese and when he hit the post at San Siro.

Having Marchisio, a player who had an uncertain future 12 months ago and an uneventful 2013-14 season, coming to the fore gives Allegri another option, but also a potential dilemma.

With Pirlo set to return in the coming weeks, there is no guarantee that he will go straight into the side. Allegri, let’s not forget, felt Pirlo was unsuitable to the role at Milan and though he has since been proven wrong, Marchisio may be a better fit for his system, particularly in Europe where Juventus need to be more dynamic.

Whether Marchisio can displace Pirlo is unclear, but to have a worthy alternative to the great man is a nice headache for Allegri.

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
130842 messaggi

swcy9l.png

Marchisio: Allegri has faith in me

Sep 29, 2014

Claudio Marchisio has praised Max Allegri’s confidence shown in him and says Juventus are targeting a result at Atletico Madrid.

The midfielder has enjoyed a positive start to the season as part of the Bianconeri’s winning run under their new Coach.

“After three years working with Conte we have all adjusted well to the new staff, putting ourselves at the disposal of the new Coach,” Marchisio has commented today to Sky Sport 24.

“For me it is important to feel the Coach’s confidence in me, it makes me feel serene and ready to fight in any situation.

“In my case I am constantly changing roles on the pitch and to have the Coach’s confidence definitely helps.”

Andrea Pirlo’s absence has seen Marchisio take up his central role capably.

“Without Pirlo I am stepping into his role, which I did during last season in the Europa League and Serie A.

“This year, especially early in the season there has been this opportunity to continue in the role, which I find myself more at ease with game by game.

“Whilst I consider myself a mezz’ala [inside attacking midfielder], it is normal that when everyone is available it will be for the Coach to decide what role I will take.

“For my part I am always at the Coach’s disposal, as has been the case in the past.”

Marchisio moved on to talk about Juve’s struggles in the Champions League during Conte’s tenure and looked positively towards the midweek clash at Atletico Madrid.

“During these past three years where we have won the Scudetto, we failed to make the leap in Europe.

“However this year we have started well with the first home game [against Malmo], where in recent years we have missed some important chances.

“We have worked especially hard on this and are continuing to do so. Soon we will face a major challenge in Madrid against a great team, and even there we must try to get a result.

“To win in Madrid and to be six points ahead of Atletico would be a big jump.

“We have seen though in Athens where Atletico lost to Olympiacos that there are no easy games in this group.

“Olympiacos are definitely a team that will try to trouble us and advance from this group.”

The Italian international, a native of Turin mused on what it is like playing for your hometown club.

“When you are lucky like me, Totti and De Rossi and many other champions to wear the shirt of the team you grew up supporting there are so many factors - you should always stay at a high level in these big teams.

“Every year the environment changes, the climate and the team and you always have to be at your best.

“There are so many factors that it isn’t easy to become an important player at a big club.”

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
130842 messaggi

swcy9l.png

‘Italy must roll up sleeves’

Dec 3, 2014

Claudio Marchisio admits the Italy squad must ‘roll up their sleeves’ in order to progress, as he discusses comparisons with Marco Tardelli.

Il Principino has reflected on the state of the national team, in its attempts to bounce back under Antonio Conte, following the 2014 World Cup disappointment.

“Moments like these are difficult for everyone,” Marchisio admitted in conversation with TopSalute.

“The new Coach faces a very challenging task, that goes beyond making an in-game result. He also has to rebuild the relationship between the people and the team.

“In spite of the good premises, the World Cup did not go well, so we must roll up our sleeves– all of us, the Coach and the players – and work hard to bring our country back to being one of the most important in the world.”

Marchisio also discussed the long-drawn parallels between him and Juventus midfielder Marco Tardelli, the 1982 world champion.

“Comparisons are always nice at first, they're good to hear.

“Marco Tardelli, as well as being a friend, was among the greatest players for Juventus and for the national team.

“However as time passes, each should be judged in terms of what they have built over the course of their own career, without necessarily being compared to someone else.”

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
130842 messaggi

34e7ujn.jpg

Marchisio: I Thought About Leaving Juventus

Dec 3, 2014

Juventus midfielder Claudio Marchisio has opened up to fans regarding the highs and lows of being a player for one of the biggest clubs in Italy, admitting that he almost left the Italian side.

The Italy international has been in great form of late but admitted that things had not always been so straightforward.

“You need luck to stay part of the same club for so many years,” he stated while speaking with Chi.

“There were some very low times when both me and the club thought about parting ways but nothing came of it and things have turned out well.

“We have won three titles and hopefully we can win more. I think I have shown that I can adapt and that I’m a player that can be relied upon.”

The player also gave an opinion on never-ending saga that is Mario Balotelli, after his recent controversy after posting a controversial photo on Instagram.

“Mario hasn’t started the season well but I hope he can get through this, to score goals and to stay fit. Only he can prove to Conte he deserves another call up.”

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
130842 messaggi

swcy9l.png

‘Juve, don’t lose Marchisio’

Dec 4, 2014

Marco Tardelli has urged Juventus to extend Claudio Marchisio’s contract, or risk losing him like they did Alex Del Piero.

Tardelli is a Bianconeri legend having spent 10 years in Turin, winning five Scudetti and the European Cup between 1975 and 1985, and has warned his old club to avoid a repeat of the situation which saw Del Piero leave the club.

The Old Lady’s all-time top-scorer, Pinturicchio ended a 19 year association with the Turin giants at the end of the 2012 season after not being offered a new contract, and has described his departure as ‘traumatic’.

Marchisio has spent his entire career at Juventus, and Tardelli warns his old club not to make the same mistake twice.

“He’s one of the few home-grown Bianconeri players,” the 1982 World Cup winner said of Marchisio in an interview with Tuttosport.

“He’s been part of this whole era, and he’s the ideal symbol of the club.

“If I were part of the club I’d have no doubt - renew his contract or risk losing him.

“They should avoid another situation like the one with Del Piero. Even now I can’t explain why he was made to leave, with his drive and charisma he’s the perfect leader.

“I still hope that Alessandro will return to Turin and form a new bond with Juventus.”

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
130842 messaggi

swcy9l.png

Marchisio: ‘No Juve crisis’

Jan 8, 2015

Juventus midfielder Claudio Marchisio has played down talk of a crisis at the Turin club, following a poor run of results.

The Bianconeri are on a run of one win in five games in all competitions, and were held by Inter on Tuesday night having lost the Supercoppa Italiana to Napoli in Doha.

“We’re still there, ahead of everyone,” Marchisio pointed out in an interview with Sky.

“We’re having a great season, and now there’s talk of Juve being in trouble because of two or three games where, sure, for the experience the team has we could have done better, but there’s no crisis, nor are we having difficulties.

“The team always approaches games with the right attitude, and we always give a lot physically, there are only small things we have to improve.

“As the Coach [Max Allegri] has said, to get to the top we have to make some small improvements.

“The way we play now, with a formation which is different from the 3-5-2, and various movements change a little bit, but we’ve seen in all these games that we midfielders have gotten involved in an attacking sense, we’ve had some chances.

“Sometimes there’s been a bit of bad luck, and we’ve faced some good goalkeepers. This year we’ve scored less, but that’s not down to the change, but also luck.

“We have some big games in January, and then we also have the Champions League to think about, so we have to be very focused and not make any mistakes.”

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
130842 messaggi

34e7ujn.jpg

Marchisio: I Want To Play At Juventus Until I’m 36

Feb 6, 2015

Juventus midfielder Claudio Marchisio has revealed that he plans on continuing his career as a professional footballer with the Old Lady until he’s 36-years-old.

The 29-year-old is a product of the Bianconeri youth system, making his first team debut at the club in 2006 and only leaving the Turin side once on loan to Empoli during the 2007-08 campaign since then, and he admits that he still hopes to play for quite some time though he remains undecided on what he will do following his eventual retirement.

Marchisio spoke to Alessandro Cattelan on Sky Uno about his present situation at Juventus and commented on what his future might look like after his career with the Serie A giants comes to an end.

“At Juventus there is a great group, we are all very united,” said the Italian international, who has scored one goal and provided three assists in his 20 league appearances for Juve this term thus far.

“I hope to play up until I’m 36-years-old, but I have not yet thought about what I’ll be doing once my playing career is over.”

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
130842 messaggi

34e7ujn.jpg

Marchisio Set For New Deal

Feb 13, 2015

Juventus would be set to offer midfielder Claudio Marchisio a contract extension.

The 29-year-old Italian came from the Juventus youth academy and joined the first-team in the 2008-09 season, following his return from a loan spell at Empoli.

Marchisio is due to resign on a new deal that will keep him at the Juventus Stadium until 2019, according to Sportmediaset.

The club would be keen to retain the services of a loyal servant, especially after his impressive performance in the Bianconeri’s 3–1 victory over AC Milan.

Marchisio played 29 games in all competitions for Juventus this season, scoring one goal.

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
130842 messaggi

34e7ujn.jpg

Marchisio: Juventus Are Fully Focused On Serie A

Feb 18, 2015

Juventus midfielder Claudio Marchisio claims that Juventus are not going to let up in their pursuit for yet another Serie A crown.

The Bianconeri are seven points clear of second place Roma and face Borussia Dortmund in the last 16 of the Champions League but Marchisio is adamant that Juve will continue to give their all in Serie A.

“We are fully focused on Serie A,” Marchisio told Sky Sport Italia.

“We play Dortmund next week but we are not going to take our eye off the ball in terms of Serie A.

“We have a big game against Atalanta at the weekend and that is what we are focusing on.”

Marchisio went onto answer questions about the Champions League and Juventus in Europe.

“We have been unlucky in Europe in recent years.

“The game against Borussia Dortmund will tell us a lot about where we stand in Europe.

“We always try to win and so we are aiming to get to the final of the Champions League.

“When we had tough periods at Juve I could have gone, there was interest from Roma but I wanted to stay at this club.”

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
130842 messaggi

xofhxd.jpg

Champions League final is Juventus's target - Marchisio

The Italy international midfielder believes that the Serie A champions have the quality
to battle favourites like Bayern Munich, Real Madrid and Chelsea to the title.

Feb 19, 2015

Claudio Marchisio is confident that Juventus can overcome Borussia Dortmund in the Champions League's last 16 and believes that they have what it takes to go all the way in the competition.

Dortmund have struggled domestically this season, though Jurgen Klopp's side have enjoyed a good campaign among Europe's elite, topping Group D ahead of Arsenal, Anderlecht and Galatasaray.

Marchisio believes that Juve can overcome the 2013 finalists, though, and then push on to this season's final in Berlin.

"We always aim to win. Our goal is to reach the final," he told Sky Italia.

"The matches against Dortmund will tell us a lot about where we stand. We almost didn't make the second round. Now we have to demonstrate that we can aim for the maximum.

"We are at the same level with Dortmund, definitely, and Real Madrid, Chelsea and Paris Saint-Germain too with a little luck.

"We'll play on a par with Dortmund and see how it turns out. The important thing is to get through this tie. That's the only thing that concerns myself and the team.

"We have the first leg at home so it will be important to play with maximum focus and make the most of the boost our fans can give us."

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
130842 messaggi

xofhxd.jpg

Marchisio ruled out for rest of season

The midfielder picked up a serious knee injury while warming up
in Italy training, leaving the Scudetto champions without another key star.

Mar 27, 2015

Juventus will be without Claudio Marchisio for the rest of the season after the midfielder injured a cruciate knee ligament on Friday with the Italy squad.

The Italian FA (FIGC) had confirmed earlier in the day that the 29-year-old would miss Saturday's Euro 2016 qualifier with Bulgaria, with reports suggesting the injury was serious.

Those initial fears have proven accurate, dealing a potentially huge blow to Juve's trophy hopes as they are now without Marchisio until 2015-16 and Paul Pogba until mid-May.

"While warming up the player was suspected to have suffered just a sprain to his right knee," Italy doctor Enrico Castellacci said in a statement on the FIGC's official website.

"An MRI scan was performed immediately, however, and it showed he had ruptured his anterior cruciate ligament.

"After consulting with the medical staff of Juventus, it was decided to release the player to his club for treatment."

Anterior cruciate ligament injuries usually take at least half a year to recover from, putting Marchisio's comeback date towards the end of 2015.

Although there is no international tournament that he will miss out on in the summer, his injury could deal a blow to Juventus' hopes of winning the treble.

They are currently 14 points clear in Serie A, but they are 2-1 down ahead of the away leg in their Coppa Italia semi-final against Fiorentina and face a testing clash with Monaco in the Champions League quarter-finals.

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
130842 messaggi

swcy9l.png

Tacchinardi: ‘Marchisio irreplaceable’

Mar 27, 2015

Former Juventus midfielder Alessio Tacchinardi says Claudio Marchisio is ‘irreplaceable’ and his absence means a return to 3-5-2.

The Italian international suffered a ruptured cruciate ligament while on Italy duty this morning, and will be out for the rest of the season, including ther rest of the Bianconeri’s Champions League campaign.

“There couldn’t be worse news,” Tacchinardi told Tuttomercatoweb.

“It hurts to see bad injuries coming from the national team. At the moment Marchisio has been irreplaceable in midfield.

“He’s been playing more on the ball, playing further back in front of the defence and he’s been playing in a higher gear than [Arturo] Vidal.

“Now it’s up to the Chilean to show his quality, but the fact remains that this injury is a tremendous blow.

“Given his absence the ideal solution is to return to 3-5-2, and hope that [Andrea] Barzagli doesn’t have a relapse in defence.

“The diamond midfield means there’s more space to cover, and at this moment in time [Andrea] Pirlo [who is returning from injury] cannot do that, he has to be managed and safeguarded.

“Because of this, 3-5-2 would offer more protection.”

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
130842 messaggi

swcy9l.png

Lippi: ‘Marchisio absence will be felt’

Mar 27, 2015

World Cup winner Marcello Lippi says the absence of Claudio Marchisio will be ‘keenly felt’ by Juventus and Italy.

The is a legend for the Bianconeri and his country, guiding the former to five Scudetti and the Champions League, as well as winning the World Cup with the Azzurri in 2006.

“I only heard the news recently and it made me very said,” Lippi - who gave Marchisio his Italy debut - told CalcioNews24.

“I’m sorry for both the national team and Juventus, who will lose a key player. Marchisio has proven to be a great player, his absence will be keenly felt.

“A message for him? Just a huge ‘good luck’, but I know him and I know he has the character to overcome this difficult time. Forza Claudio!”

The Old Lady will now be without two of their key midfielders for their Champions League Quarter Final with Monaco, as Paul Pogba is also sidelined.

“We’re talking about two players who make the difference for this Juventus,” Lippi mused.

“The centre of midfield operated very well with these two, so we must understand what kind of condition [Kwadwo] Asamoah is in and whether he can return to the squad.

“It’s a very urgent situation, but Juve shouldn’t get ahead of themselves, there are important goals to be achieved.”

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
130842 messaggi

34e7ujn.jpg

FIFA To Pay Marchisio’s Salary Until He Recovers

Mar 27, 2015

FIFA will reportedly pay Claudio Marchisio’s salary until the Juventus midfielder recovers from his injury.

The Italian international suffered a serious knee injury during the Azzurri’s training session on Friday, with reports indicating that the Juve midfielder damaged his anterior cruciate ligament which will thus see him miss the rest of the season.

According to Sky Sport, football’s governing body will take care of Marchisio’s salary until he recovers, as part of a policy put into place which implies that FIFA will pay a player’s salary if he suffers an injury while on international duty.

The 29-year-old has made 38 appearances in all competitions for La Vecchia Signora this season, scoring two goals and making seven assists in the process.

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
130842 messaggi

6i70qd.jpg

Claudio Marchisio's season is over

Il Principino's season appears to be over, as the 29 year-old influential
midfielder suffers a ruptured ACL on international duty with Italy.

Mar 27, 2015

Another one bites the dust.

Just days after Juventus fans have come to terms with the news that Paul Pogba will be out for seven weeks, missing both legs of the Champions League quarter-final against Monaco, another blow has been dealt with the news coming out from the Italy camp that Claudio Marchisio has ruptured the anterior cruciate ligament in his right knee and will be out for some time. His season is effectively over.

This loss is arguably even bigger than the loss of Pogba. Noted football pundit James Horncastle tweeted "Marchisio has been Juve’s most consistent midfielder this season. Best campaign since Conte’s first." Bianconeri legend Alessio Tacchinardi called Marchisio "irreplaceable", adding "He’s been playing more on the ball, playing further back in front of the defence and he’s been playing in a higher gear than [Arturo] Vidal." While he may not have been spectacular, Marchisio has been extremely effective, and his form (playing in front of defence in place of the injured Andrea Pirlo) in the games against Dortmund was a key facet in Juve's dominant performance in both legs.

So what does this mean for Juve for the rest of the season? Without Pogba and now Marchisio, one would expect that coach Max Allegri would revert to the 3-5-2 formation (or some variant of it). Given that we only have three fit central midfielders - Arturo Vidal, Roberto Pereyra and the returning Pirlo - he may not have any other choice. Stefano Sturaro could be an option to replace Marchisio, but he has not particularly impressed in his short stint thus far. With other midfielders Kwadwo Asamoah, Romulo and Luca Marrone all long term absentees, the Bianconeri are desperately short of numbers in the middle.

With key games in both the Coppa Italia and the Champions League in the coming weeks (as well as our remaining eleven league games), this is hardly the time to lose players to long term injuries - much less such key ones as Marchisio, Pogba and previously Martín Cáceres. While Juve has gotten Andrea Barzagli back to full fitness and looking as sharp as ever, these huge losses definitely negate any joy that his return would have caused.

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
130842 messaggi

34e7ujn.jpg

Juventus Relieved As Marchisio
Injury Not As Bad As First Feared

Mar 27, 2015

Juventus have received good news as Claudio Marchisio’s knee injury is not as bad as first feared.

The 29-year-old limped out of training with the Italian national team on Friday morning, before it was announced by the Azzurri medical staff he had torn his anterior cruciate ligament, thus ruling him out for six months.

But after further tests, a statement on Juventus’ official website read: “After returning from national team duty, Claudio Marchisio was subjected to tests by Juventus doctors and professor Flavio Quaglia.

“He was then given a MRI scan on his right knee late on [Friday] evening by professor Carlo Faletti at Fornaca clinic.

“The examination has excluded lesions in the anterior cruciate ligament.

“Claudio will rest for a few days with his condition being continuously monitored.”

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
130842 messaggi

swcy9l.png

Marchisio: ‘No ligament damage’

Mar 27, 2015

Juventus midfielder Claudio Marchisio has 'no cruciate ligament damage' according to the latest medical exams and his own club.

The midfielder's injury forced him out of the Azzurri camp today and sparked bitter controversy between Coach Antonio Conte and the Juventus supporters.

But the whole episode may have been illusory as the midfielder's further examinations with his own club revealed that there was no damage to the cruciate ligament, as reported by the club via a statement on their site.

“Claudio Marchisio, who returned this afternoon from the national team's training grounds, underwent exams by the Juventus doctors and Professor Flavio Quaglia,” reads the statement.

“He was then given a new MRI scan to the right knee, under the supervision of Professor Carlo Faletti at the Fornaca clinic.

“The visit and the exam have ruled out damage to the anterior cruciate ligament.

“Claudio will rest for a few days and his condition will be monitored daily.”

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
130842 messaggi

6i70qd.jpg

Juventus announce that Claudio Marchisio
doesn't have a torn ACL

Just another day in the neighborhood, right?

Mar 28, 2015

So, maybe we don't need to be as sad as a couple of hours ago.

Juventus' official website tells us this:

After returning from international duty on Friday afternoon, Claudio Marchisio underwent medical examinations conducted by Juventus' club doctors and Dr. Flavio Quaglia.

The 29-year-old then underwent an MRI scan on his right knee this evening. The tests, supervised by Dr. Carlo Faletti at Turin's Fornaca Clinic, ruled positive, excluding the possibility of a tear to the anterior cruciate ligament.

Marchisio will now rest and his condition is to be monitored on a day-to-day basis.

Uh, so yeah. About that whole thing where Claudio Marchisio is out for the rest of the season because his ACL was in need of some repairs...

The obvious plot twist is that Juventus has announced the original diagnosis from earlier today about Marchisio's ACL being torn can essentially be thrown right out the window. (You can point and laugh at the Italy doctors, but that option is optional at this point.) The diagnosis of "day-to-day" doesn't really say a lot in terms of how long he will truly be out, but it's definitely a vast improvement over the grim news that came out of the Italian national team camp Friday afternoon.

It's confusing, sure, but it's also better than the original reports suggested.

I guess now all we do is wait. Not only to see how Marchisio's knee heals, but also when his return actually takes place. Having something listed as 'day-to-day' can mean exactly that, or it can be evaluated on a daily basis for a month without much improvement.

And knowing how this day has gone with one diagnosis essentially canceling the other one out, I'm going to just wait for the next injury update to come our way. Hopefully it's another step forward like the one above.

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
130842 messaggi

xofhxd.jpg

Juventus: Marchisio injury not as bad as feared

The midfielder will be monitored on a day-to-day basis after a follow-up
scan revealed no serious damage to his anterior cruciate ligament.

Mar 28, 2015

Juventus have revealed that Claudio Marchisio's injury is not nearly as bad as originally reported.

The Italian FA (FIGC) had stated that an MRI scan on the midfielder's knee reavealed that he had ruptured his anterior cruciate ligament while training with the national team ahead of Saturday's Euro 2016 qualifying match with Bulgaria and would be out for the remainder of the season.

However, the club performed their own tests on the 29-year-old, which show that he has not torn the ligament.

"After returning from international duty on Friday afternoon, Claudio Marchisio underwent medical examinations conducted by Juventus’ club doctors and Dr. Flavio Quaglia," a statement from the Turin side read.

"The 29-year-old then underwent an MRI scan on his right knee this evening. The tests, supervised by Dr. Carlo Faletti at Turin’s Fornaca Clinic, ruled positive, excluding the possibility of a tear to the anterior cruciate ligament.

"Marchisio will now rest and his condition is to be monitored on a day-to-day basis."

The news will come as a pleasant surprise to Juve boss Massimiliano Allegri, whose side are still competing in Serie A, the Champions League and Coppa Italia.

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti