Vai al contenuto
Accedi per seguire   
Socrates

John Elkann - Andrea Agnelli

130799 messaggi

swcy9l.png

Agnelli: No Thohir talks, but…

Jan 28, 2014

Andrea Agnelli has denied having met with Erick Thohir yet, but says his ‘phone is always on’ should the Inter President reach out.

AMAZONIAN

The Juventus President was rumoured to be meeting with his Nerazzurro counterpart during this week, on from last week’s fall-out between the clubs over the dropped Fredy Guardin-Mirko Vucinic swap deal.

“Have I heard from Thohir? Honestly, no, but my phone is on at any hour. I reply to everyone at all times. And Claudio [Lotito] knows that,” half-joked Agnelli yesterday evening.

The Juve patron was talking at the Gran Gala del Calcio awards in Milan yesterday evening, accepting Juve’s prize as best club.

AMAZONIAN

“Our objective is to always win. That’s the verb we state on a daily basis and have been repeating since May, already thinking about the date with history that would be represented by a third successive Scudetto title.

“How much does it mean to have a modern stadium? Sports facilities have been an issue on the League and Federation’s agenda for a long time.

“It is a key issue, the Juventus Stadium should not remain an isolated jewel in Italian football.

AMAZONIAN

“And, my personal hope is that all teams in the top division and also in Serie B have stadiums that are at the level that Italian football wants them to be at.

“I think FIGC President Abete would agree with me that Italian football wants to go back to being No 1.”

Condividi questo messaggio

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
130799 messaggi

swcy9l.png

‘Serie A could lose its competitiveness’

Jan 30, 2014

Andrea Agnelli has appealed to Italy’s government to intervene before Serie A and Juventus ‘lose their competitiveness’.

AMAZONIAN

Hosting the 10th edition of the Giovanni Agnelli Parliamentary Association this week, which calls together a number of political leaders in the peninsula, the Bianconeri’s President took the opportunity to pull support on helping to develop the national game further.

“The inaction of this country and this parliament is taking away the competitiveness of Italian football and of Juventus, the leading squad in the sport,” Agnelli is quoted by the giornalaccio rosa dello Sport as delivering.

“Football is an exceptional showcase for the country, but its future is in jeopardy. We need serious reforms and fast. We do not ask for finance.

AMAZONIAN

“We represent every year 1.6 per cent of the national GDP, we only ask that you to develop. Only a single text on sport, a reform of the labour law. Our players are treated as employees, but are billed like companies.

“We hope to have our brands better protected against counterfeiting, as is done abroad. And we would like laws on planning, because it cannot be possible that only Juventus has a stadium in Italy at the level of the British and German clubs.

“Without these interventions, Juventus will lose competitiveness, while we want to excel in Europe. I am sure that you would like excellence for our country.”

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
130799 messaggi

swcy9l.png

Agnelli: 'Follow Juventus example'

Feb 13, 2014

President Andrea Agnelli said the Juventus Stadium is “a success story and an example to be followed” in Serie A.

AMAZONIAN

The arena in Turin became the first to be owned by a Serie A club, as usually the venues are rented out on match day from the local council.

Juve and the Turin Mayor were able to work through the red tape and approve the restructuring of the unpopular Stadio Delle Alpi with the club receiving a 100-year lease.

“The idea started in the mid-1990s, because Juventus are a side who have it in their DNA to always look beyond and be at the front-line of football development and innovation,” Agnelli told Rivista Polizia Moderna in their special on stadiums.

AMAZONIAN

“It was also on paper an excellent investment opportunity. When I became President the project was already going towards completion, but I had the honour of inaugurating the stadium.

“This structure has mutated from the English model, but in construction we considered all the best European examples.”

The Juventus Stadium has removed the athletics track and barriers that separate the crowd from the pitch.

AMAZONIAN

Several other Italian arenas have done this, including Fiorentina’s Stadio Artemio Franchi and the Stadio Friuli in Udine.

“It might’ve been a risk, but in my view it was a challenge we won, because at the Juventus Stadium we’ve never had problems in that area. There were only sporadic problems outside the venue and unfortunately the only issues were in the away end as certain groups of fans did damage.

“I think the reason for this security is that the fans feel it is their ‘home’ and therefore act more responsibly,” continued Agnelli.

AMAZONIAN

Juventus have seen their revenue soar since opening the stadium and the President called it “an important business asset.

“Sold out nights are now almost the norm, while it is also a victory to see the stadium used seven days a week through our hospitality areas where businesses, sponsors and private parties can organise events.

“Owning our own stadium also allows us to hold entertainment and public relations events on the day of the game that otherwise would be unthinkable.

AMAZONIAN

“Finally, the jewel in the crown is the Juventus Museum, which holds our winning history in a mix of tradition and innovation.

“Juventus have opened the door, giving fans of all kinds – even children – a welcoming stadium with dedicated services that sees match day as an event that can embrace and entertain even before kick-off.

“We hope that others can follow our example, because the step up Italian football needs goes through investments in new infrastructures.”

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
130799 messaggi

swcy9l.png

‘Agnelli and Conte share dreams’

Mar 6, 2014

Juventus President Andrea Agnelli has spoken of his great relationship with Coach Antonio Conte and says the two of them have much in common.

AMAZONIAN

The 38-year-old was speaking at a function in Paris organised by UNESCO to help the fight against racism in football and also said his club have been playing their part.

“My relationship with Antonio Conte is very healthy,” he said. “Antonio and I have the same dreams, we share the same dreams of where we want to take the club.

“It is an honour to be able to speak at UNESCO, a place where opinions can be shared and there is a great diversity of cultures.

AMAZONIAN

“Football is not only a distant spectacle taking place at grand stadiums, it is the dream of millions of people and represents happiness.

“I am convinced that Italy, which has welcomed immigrants for years, does not suffer from true, hardcore racism.

AMAZONIAN

“At the moment Italy is going through a period of mass immigration and at times, for example in the stadiums, some people struggle to fully understand it.

“Juventus has tried to help people understand the situation better with its ‘Un calcio al razzismo’ programme.”

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
130799 messaggi

swcy9l.png

Juve 'won't deprive ourselves of Pogba'

Mar 6, 2014

Juventus won’t “deprive ourselves of Paul Pogba” despite interest from Paris Saint-Germain, said Andrea Agnelli.

AMAZONIAN

The 20-year-old midfielder has become a star since he was released as a free agent by Manchester United in 2012, fuelling reports of a PSG bid in the region of €70m.

“PSG's interest in him? Attention of the big clubs cannot frighten you, but it is a source of pride. You have to stay calm” said President Agnelli at the UNESCO event for football against racism.

AMAZONIAN

“I don’t see the reason why we should deprive ourselves of Pogba: he is our growth. Every season we try to make Juve stronger, and Pogba stays with us.

“Just two years ago nobody knew Paul Pogba, and our directors Beppe Marotta and Fabio Paratici were good to find him, now Juventus want to find another Paul Pogba.”

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
130799 messaggi

swcy9l.png

‘Japan important for Juve’

Mar 7, 2014

Juventus President Andrea Agnelli says the club’s popularity in Japan is vital in its attempts to expand its global brand.

AMAZONIAN

The Old Lady Chief was speaking at the launch of Juventus Lounge, a café that will be open for 40 days, in Tokyo.

“The passion to wear our colours has always been very strong here,” Agnelli said at the launch, where Edgar Davids was also present.

AMAZONIAN

“Japan will represent a very important market for us in the South-East Asia and Pacific area.”

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
130799 messaggi

swcy9l.png

Agnelli backs Scirea’s widow

Mar 11, 2014

Andrea Agnelli has backed the widow of Juventus legend Gaetano Scirea for complaints against discriminatory chants, and also urged that focus is correct.

AMAZONIAN

Mariella Scirea has spoken this week of her desire to see her late husband’s name taken down from the south stand at Juventus Stadium that bears it, if discriminatory chants from the Juve Ultras it is home to do not stop.

Reports from the giornalaccio rosa dello Sport alleged that there were anti-Semitic chants from a section of the Juve support during the weekend game against Fiorentina and the Bianconeri have been reported to the FIGC by prosecutors on that charge.

Considering this today, the Bianconeri's President has backed Mariella, but also asked for perspective in coverage of the wider issue at hand.

AMAZONIAN

“It was a legitimate reaction - we are against all forms of discrimination," club President Agnelli has told reporters today.

“The name of her husband is tied to the curva where the most passionate fans are and we are proud of this, but it takes a strong and unified message against all forms of discrimination, even if we also must not give too much resonance to certain marginal events.

“Juventus have previously been punished with the closure of curva on the occasions of chants that have been heard by all.

AMAZONIAN

“On Sunday, myself and my colleagues have not heard anything, whilst, even if there is an audio file, I am surprised by the fact that, despite the stadium having advanced technology, we are unable to identify the few people that are responsible.

“We must be careful not to emphasise certain situations, otherwise you are likely to give visibility to 20-30 people, who do not deserve it.

“It is something else if the chants are clear - I and my colleagues, for example, did not hear it. The battle is also in the world of information, which must enhance positive initiatives.

AMAZONIAN

“I went to UNESCO to present the Juve project, I made a joke about Pogba and the next day the joke about Pogba was reported with great fanfare and nothing about the meeting at UNESCO.”

Fiorentina fans are also facing disciplinary proceedings for fans who displayed on Sunday banners in reference to the Heysel tragedy.

AMAZONIAN

“A piece of paper written by a kid. One cannot emphasise things when at the stadium there are 30,000 people, otherwise it can create a spirit of emulation.

“These are guys who do not know what Heysel is or what happened in Brussels.”

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
130799 messaggi

xofhxd.jpg

Agnelli: Juventus marriage will last forever

The 38-year-old says his family's 91-year association
with the club has created a bond that will never be broken.

Mar 12, 2014

Juventus president Andrea Agnelli has likened his family's relationship with the club to a marriage that will "last forever".

AMAZONIAN

Agnelli is the fourth member of his family to preside over the Serie A giants, following in the footsteps of his father, uncle and his grandfather who first took charge of the club in 1923.

"The Agnelli and Juventus marriage is forever,” he told reporters. “I am not the majority shareholder, but I am not going to leave. Why would I?

“We are the longest ever owners. [Massimo] Moratti was at Inter for 20 years, but Juventus have got 91 years from us.”

AMAZONIAN

The president went on to condemn the alleged discriminatory chants from Bianconeri fans in the recent league meeting against Fiorentina.

Mariella Scirea, the wife of Juve icon Gaetano, asked for her husband’s name to be taken down from the stand, where the abusive chants apparently emanated from.

“We have a responsibility to send the correct messages," he told giornalaccio rosa dello Sport. "The reaction of Mrs Scirea is legitimate because the name of her husband is related to the stand where the most passionate fans are.

AMAZONIAN

“We are proud to have the name there. The discrimination must be fought.

“I'm surprised by the fact that, despite the advanced technology in stadia, it is not able to identify the few people responsible.

"But we should be careful not to overemphasise certain situations, otherwise you are likely to give publicity to 20 or 30 people, who do not deserve it.”

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
130799 messaggi

swcy9l.png

Agnelli: We've written history

May 5, 2014

Andrea Agnelli has admitted his pride after Juventus claimed their third successive Scudetto on Sunday.

Catania’s 4-1 win over Roma at the weekend confirmed the Bianconeri’s 30th official title, with the capital club now eight points behind with just two matches remaining.

And the Turin outfit’s President has thanked everyone at the club and the supporters after they clinched the trophy.

“I am very proud of all the men and women of Juventus,” he briefly told Tuttosport.

“We have written a great page in the game’s history.

“We will fight until the end.”

Juve have three matches to go until the end of the campaign, starting on Monday against Atalanta.

Antonio Conte’s men will now hope to break the 100-point barrier, as they currently sit on 93 points.

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
130799 messaggi

swcy9l.png

Agnelli discusses UNESCO partnership

May 5, 2014

The Presidents of Juventus and Real Madrid today held a Press conference to confirm their UNESCO Cup meeting on 2nd June.

The fixture will take place at Juventus Stadium, with teams comprising legends of both clubs set to lock horns.

The proceeds from the match will go towards UNESCO’s initiative for the social reintegration of child soldiers forced into combat in the conflicts in Mali and Central African Republic.

“I need to sincerely thank President Perez for being here,” Old Lady chief Andrea Agnelli said at the media briefing today.

“It shows the importance of this match. I also thank Eric Falt, vice-director of UNESCO, with whom we have recently launched a relationship.

“Thanking President Perez and Real Madrid for being here today is the least we can do, especially because it is thanks to them that we are part of the initiative.

“Just over a year ago they asked us to play in the Corazon Classic Match, at their stadium. It’s from there that that idea of the Juventus Legends began.

“I thank some of the great ex-players who are here today, Gianluca Pessotto, Pavel Nedved, Fernando Hierro, Emilio Butragueno and Edgar Davids, who will grace this match.

“This will be the first UNESCO Cup, but it is our intention that this will become an annual thing that would enable the initiative to develop.

“Today’s issues, like social integration and the fight against racism, are issues that need to be prioritised by UEFA.

“But they should also be prioritised by educational bodies. That is to say everyone should be educated about this type of thing.

“Examples are there in front of us all the time. We have recently seen the incident which has gone global since, the throwing of a banana onto the pitch in Spain.

“We also saw what happened in America [with the behaviour of the owner of the LA Clippers].

“And, just this last Saturday, we saw the unacceptable events that took place before the Coppa Italia final.

“Today with UNESCO we are not just presenting the project of the UNESCO Cup, which will do a great favour to the children of Mali and Central African Republic.

“We also want a project of collaboration with UNESCO that, over the next 18 months, will have the main objective of producing a report that will hopefully help to bridge the cultural gap that divides top European sporting organisations and their audiences.

“We want real evolution.”

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
130799 messaggi

swcy9l.png

Agnelli: No third star

May 5, 2014

Juventus President Andrea Agnelli says the club will not be adding a third star to their shirts next season.

The Old Lady clinched what is officially their 30th Scudetto yesterday following Roma’s defeat to Catania.

It is tradition for a team to add an extra star to the top of their badge for each ten League titles they win.

However, the head of the Bianconeri says the club will not acknowledge the milestone, seeing as in their eyes they have already won 32.

“We have written a page in the history of Juventus,” Agnelli said today at a Press conference. “That is to the credit of the Coach, the players and my colleagues.

“There will be no third star because, in our eyes, we have won 32 Scudetti even though the official records say we have only won 30.

“From today we are allowed to choose when to put the star on. When other teams manage to add the second star, we will add the third to show the difference between us and them.

“Failure in Europe? I’ve heard people talking about Bayern failing too but at the start of the season there were around 100 teams who were signed up for the Champions League.

“So you can say that 98 of the teams failed as none of them managed to reach the final.”

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
130799 messaggi

34e7ujn.jpg

Agnelli: Juventus won’t put three stars
on their shirt until another team has two

May 7, 2014

Juventus president, Andrea Agnelli, has praised his team for making history but has claimed they will not be placing the third star on their shirt – signifying 30 Serie A titles – until another team has a second star.

The Bianconeri celebrated their third successive Serie A triumph with a 1-0 win at home to Atalanta on Monday night, officially moving their overall tally of Scudetti to 30.

“I have already had the chance to say this to those close to me but it is hard to find the adjectives to describe this season.” The 38-year-old told media in his press conference.

“We have written a long page in the history books. The boys and the coach [Antonio Conte] deserve this success.”

The board member of Fiat then dismissed the criticism encountered by the Vecchia Signora due to their failure in Europe this term.

“I happened to hear people believe Bayern Munich have failed this season, to me this criticism is excessive, also in relation to what people have said about Juventus.

“At the start of the season there are hundreds of teams who enter the Europa League and Champions League and only two teams run out winners, that doesn’t mean every other team has failed.”

“Those who work hard deserve credit and I am proud and aware that today is another chapter closed. We are already working towards next season.”

Agnelli concluded by making caustic remarks about the third star Juventus have earned thanks to their 30th Scudetto, stating that, in actual fact, the club have won 32 titles – a reference to the two Scudetti that were stripped from Juve due to their involvement in the Calciopoli scandal.

“I want to also say that we will not be placing the third star on our shirts, we have won 32 Scudetti.

“When someone earns a second star, then we will put the third start on our badge to remind everyone of the difference between us and the others.”

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
130799 messaggi

swcy9l.png

Agnelli harbours European regret

May 16, 2014

Juventus President Andrea Agnelli has admitted that their possible 100-point season has been marred somewhat by European failure.

The Bianconeri play Cagliari on Sunday, and could become the first Italian team ever to reach triple points in Serie A.

But the club’s leader has conceded that being knocked out of the Champions League to Galatasaray, and the Europa League to Benfica has been a bitter pill to swallow.

“There is a certain amount of regret to have lost that semi-final,” he told the Wired Next Fest in Milan on Friday.

“There’s regret there, but it’s even bigger for the Champions League elimination.

“That has spurred us on for this season though, and hopefully we can continue our growth next term as well.”

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
130799 messaggi

swcy9l.png

Agnelli: Juve humility key

Jun 1, 2014

Juventus President Andrea Agnelli says his club’s continued humility is the key reason behind their success.

The Old Lady have won the last three Scudetto titles and this season broke the 100-point barrier in Serie A, the first time the feat has ever been achieved.

In a speech made at the Bianconeri’s Juventus Stadium today, the 38-year-old businessman paid tribute to the hard work done by Coach Antonio Conte and his players and spoke about the club’s strategy moving forward.

“We can never eliminate the mantra that winning is all that matters, but we must be realistic and see how we compare to others,” Agnelli said.

“I have no adjectives to sum up what has been achieved in the last three years. We need to all be grateful to the way the sporting side of the club has been managed.

“That means to the players, who are the orchestra, and to their conductor Antonio Conte, who has worked behind the scenes every day.

“That is where the true added value of this team comes from – humility. It’s the same humility that we use to calmly plan of continued journey of growth.”

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
130799 messaggi

swcy9l.png

‘Three years to bring Juve closer’

Jun 2, 2014

Andrea Agnelli says it may be ‘impossible’ for Juventus to bridge the gap to Europe’s giants by 2018, but that the club’s goal is to ‘bring them closer’.

The club President met with a club members forum this week and considered assessments of the Old Lady’s season, which are split between the success of a third successive Scudetto and disappointment in Europa League semi-final elimination.

“Sometimes they speak of a season of failure. I think of Bayern Munich,” Agnelli has considered on the issue.

“I was talking with Karl-Heinz Rummenigge, they have experienced one of their best seasons and yet, after the elimination from the Champions League semi-final, you hear some comments about failure.

“Incredible given that just finished is the second best season in the history of the German club.

“We need balance - if you get to spring still in the running on several fronts, it is still a positive year. We must always be realistic and take into account others.”

Taking into account those others, Agnelli considered Juve’s ambitions to close the gap on and off the field to the likes of Bayern, Real Madrid and Barcelona.

“Yesterday does not matter, we are already looking forward to the future, we are hungry for the next success.

“Over the next three years it will be impossible to bridge the gap to the big clubs in Europe - the goal in the period 2015-2018 is to bring Juve closer to the battleships of Europe.

“At the end of the ‘15-18’ cycle, we expect to generate an annual revenue of €300m, excluding the proceeds from UEFA, excluding sporting performance, thus placing us very close to the great powers of today.

“The strength of Juventus comes from a tradition that few can have in Europe.”

Antonio Conte has committed as Coach until at least the end of next season.

“For my part, I have no adjectives to assess what has been done in the last three years - we must all be grateful to the management of the sporting area, the players who have made up the orchestra and to its director, Antonio Conte, who every day has worked behind the scenes.

“And here emerges the true value of this team - humility.”

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
130799 messaggi

swcy9l.png

Agnelli: 'Prandelli abandoned Italy'

Jul 8, 2014

Juventus President Andrea Agnelli bitterly attacked Cesare Prandelli and Giancarlo Abete for “abandoning” Italy.

The Coach and President of the FIGC resigned within moments of their World Cup group exit, as Prandelli today began a new job at Galatasaray.

“Abete and Prandelli walked away at the moment they were most needed and now I see Prandelli has already gone into a happy marriage in Turkey, where there is less fiscal pressure,” blasted Agnelli to reporters.

“Stepping aside is not the kind of gesture that our football needs right now. I do not thank Abete for abandoning us.”

Agnelli and several other club Presidents are against the prime candidate to take over the Federation Presidency, Carlo Tavecchio.

“People recognise authority in the likes of Karl-Heinz Rummenigge and Michel Platini. I struggle to recognise the same qualities in Tavecchio.”

The 71-year-old is currently the President of the Lega Nazionale Dilettanti – the amateur League.

The Federation will hold it elections on August 11 and cannot appoint a new Italy Coach before then.

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
130799 messaggi

swcy9l.png

Macalli slams Agnelli comments

Jul 9, 2014

Lega Pro President Mario Macalli has slammed comments by Andrea Agnelli attacking Cesare Prandelli and Giancarlo Abete.

The Juventus President yesterday accused former Italy Coach Prandelli and ex-FIGC President Abete of abandoning their country in their hour of need, after both men resigned from their posts in the immediate aftermath of the Azzurri’s World Cup elimination.

However, speaking to Sport Mediaset today Macalli accused Agnelli of hypocrisy, stating that the businessman himself was guilty of fleecing the country through his past dealings.

“I work and I pay my taxes, he and his family have fleeced Italy,” Macalli argued.

“Let’s try to be less offensive because they are not the Lord’s anointed ones! All they have is their surname and without that, maybe they would be going to a machine every morning and we’d see how much they could produce every hour.

“I eat at home, I don’t go to eat with the Italian government’s money.”

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
130799 messaggi

xofhxd.jpg

'Conte's departure leaves
me enormously sad' - Agnelli

The Juventus president wrote an open letter to the departing coach, praising him
for his work over the last three years but insists the club will continue to improve.

Jul 15, 2014

Andrea Agnelli has written an open letter to Antonio Conte, saying his departure leaves the Juventus president "enormously sad".

The club confirmed on Tuesday that the 44-year-old has departed the club after handing in his resignation, bringing an end to a successful stint in which the Italian giants won three consecutive Serie A titles.

And Agnelli praised the coach for his service and returning silverware to the club in each of his three years in charge.

"Dear Antonio, you were a great leader for our players and this news leaves me enormously sad," wrote Agnelli wrote on the Juventus website.

"I think of the three years we spent together, three years that brought us to write history with this club: three consecutive Scudetti, two Italian Super Cups, but above all exponential growth."

The 38-year-old reassured fans that the club will continue to improve instead of regress without Conte.

"Only two months have passed since the last great victory and Juventus must continue their journey.

"This club is gifted today with a young, ready and cohesive group of directors who over the years have been able to find the ambition and determination to achieve any target.

"Juventus begin again from a very talented and professional group of athletes, who will be at the disposal of the new coach in order to continue writing the present and the future."

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
130799 messaggi

swcy9l.png

Serie A leaders at odds over FIGC

Jul 24, 2014

It seems that Serie A leaders are split on who should be the next President of the FIGC.

Demetrio Albertini and Carlo Tavecchio are the two names in contention to replace Giancarlo Abete as the head of the Italian Football Federation.

But Sport Mediaset have revealed that the men and women at the top of teams in Serie A are currently at odds as to who should be appointed.

Juventus’ Andrea Agnelli, Milan’s Barbara Berlusconi, James Pallotta of Roma and a host of others believe that the game on the peninsula needs a complete overhaul – and thus, think that Albertini is the ideal man.

Some of the older heads however, like Claudio Lotito and Enrico Preziosi of Lazio and Genoa respectively, think that Tavecchio would be a better, more conservative option.

They are currently meeting this evening to try and come to a compromise, ahead of an election on August 11.

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
130799 messaggi

swcy9l.png

Agnelli: Tour crucial to Juve

Aug 4, 2014

Andrea Agnelli has reportedly pressed upon the Juventus team the importance of their tour to Asia and Oceania.

The Bianconeri play matches in Indonesia, Australia and Singapore over the coming two weeks as part of their pre-season preparations.

Reportedly in heading out this weekend, the squad were told by their President of the importance this tour has.

“I know it will be a challenging tour, but do yourself proud and make the most of it,” Tuttosport report Agnelli as telling the players this week.

“Initiatives such as these are crucial to getting a stronger Juve brand across the world and, therefore, find more resources to improve the team and take it to the highest levels.”

It is understood that the three-game tour will earn Juventus approximately €5m.

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
130799 messaggi

swcy9l.png

Agnelli outlines Juve ambition

Aug 5, 2014

Andrea Agnelli has outlined Juventus’ aims for next season and their hopes to better connect with fans worldwide.

The Bianconeri are heading into the new season with a handful of new arrivals so far secured for new Coach Massimiliano Allegri.

“We have had an interesting transfer window, with the arrival of players like Patrice Evra, Alvaro Morata and Roberto Pereyra to strengthen a squad that has won the last three consecutive Scudetti,” President Agnelli has considered to Bloomberg today.

“We want to reconfirm ourselves in Italy and do the best that we can in Europe. This is our ambition.”

Juventus are currently out in Asia for a three-game pre-season tour that will also take in Australia.

“We have experienced four years of growth, in which Juventus have seen a turnaround on a large scale both in sporting and management terms.

“One of the cornerstones of this strategy is the internationalisation of the brand. We went to Tokyo during last season and we have done a lot of activity at a digital level in Asia, but it is nice to be here physically to reinforce the bond that connects us to our fans in person.

“We have the team that is best supported in Italy, with 14 million fans, to which we can add a further 180 million fans reached worldwide.

“If we could obtain €1-2 from each, we would yield €1.8m-€3.6m. Madrid, Barcelona, Manchester United and Bayern Munich have turnovers of €450m-€500m - we are behind in these tours, but we monetise.

“Whilst the fans come closer to us in terms of dreams and passion, they remain physically distant from the action. The only way to connect with them is through the digital universe, and it is an opportunity that we continue to explore.

“The goal is to test the growth of the fanbase in this way and to bring them closer to the team. In 2006 Juve and Milan made a similar amount to the top European clubs, but since then have suffered a collapse.”

Agnelli considered the focus back home at the moment on the upcoming FIGC presidential elections.

“Looking to Italy there is no plan nor a shared idea about the direction that the system should take.

“The elections have presented a candidate who talks about players eating bananas, rather than outlining his proposals for us to move forward.

“There is still much to do and we should look forward, rather than dwell on the past.”

The President was asked for comment once more on Arturo Vidal’s future at Juventus.

“We have not put any player on the market.”

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
130799 messaggi

xofhxd.jpg

Conte exit was a mutual decision,
says Juventus president Agnelli

The Bianconeri chief is delighted with the work of the former midfielder over the past
three years and claims they were lucky that Massimiliano Allegri was available.

Aug 5, 2014

Juventus president Andrea Agnelli insists Antonio Conte's decision to leave as head coach was mutual.

Conte stunned Bianconeri supporters when he resigned from his post last month after guiding the club to three Serie A titles in his three years in charge, with some speculating a disagreement over transfer policy as a major factor in his decision.

While Agnelli says he will always be grateful for Conte's efforts as both a coach and a player in Turin, he has stressed both he and the 45-year-old came to the agreement that his departure was the best option for all concerned.

"Firstly I must say I'm very happy with the job that's been done over the last three years," he told Fox Sports Asia. "Conte left us after winning three Serie A titles in a row, as well as the ones he won as a player.

"In the end we decided together he would leave the dugout and I'm glad we were able to work things out with [director general Giuseppe] Marotta and [sporting director Fabio] Paratici over the next few hours."

Agnelli believes he was fortunate to have a readily-available replacement in Massimiliano Allegri and is looking forward to sustained success in the coming years.

"We were lucky to find him available. We now start a new adventure with Max, with the same desire to win as always."

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
130799 messaggi

34e7ujn.jpg

Agnelli: Juventus Like Challenges

Aug 6, 2014

Andrea Agnelli is confident with the team that Juventus is shaping up to be in time for the start of the new Serie A season.

The 38 year old FIAT heir is optimistic about the upcoming season and is satisfied with recent additions made to the team.

“We got Patrice Evra, Alvaro Morata, and Roberto Pereyra,” the Bianconeri president told Bloomberg TV.

“Thanks to them, and the rest of the team that won three consecutive titles, I think we can do good and position ourselves among the top eight in Europe.

“We like challenges, we want to confirm in the Italian league and go as far forward as possible in Europe.”

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
130799 messaggi

swcy9l.png

Agnelli: 'Juventus fighting racism'

Sep 10, 2014

Juventus President Andrea Agnelli made a speech at the UEFA Respect Diversity meeting on fighting racism.

With UEFA President Michel Platini among those attending, Agnelli outlined the club’s “ongoing pledge to focus on education as the key to tackling all forms of discrimination and promoting integration.

“Anti-discrimination, integration and education. These can be regarded as the three building blocks of a happy society – especially in this world I already described, a world in which people are moving from country to country at an unprecedented rate for working, studying and living abroad.”

Agnelli addressed why racism in Italian stadiums – and indeed society – is still an issue, because historically this country was not accustomed to mass immigration.

“For many decades now, the United Kingdom has witnessed very high levels of immigration, leading to a multicultural environment, not only in the big cities, but even in the countryside.

“From my experience of living and studying in England, I noticed how it is completely normal for British people to walk down the street, even in smaller towns, and see as many people of a different ethnicity as his or her own. This is the situation and most people are not concerned nor bothered by it. They are used to it and they get on with their daily lives.

“Italy is just waking up to this phenomenon of mass immigration. Of course, we were for many years a land of emigrants, but this is the first time in our history that we are seeing such numbers of people arriving on our shores and staying for long periods in order to make a living. The world has changed and Italy too is becoming a more multicultural country than ever before.

“There is no better example of this than the football pitch. Our teams and our changing rooms have become multicultural workshops, filled with players from all over the world. I only need to think of the Juventus line-up this year to count eight different nationalities that take to the field every weekend.

“When they put on those black and white stripes, our fans are not worried about where they come from. The Italian public has become accustomed to cheering for these men. They could be from Ghana, Argentina or Turin. All that matters, is they work together.

“The current World Champions Germany are made up of a group of footballers who were not necessarily born in the country. Their all-time leading goalscorer, Miroslav Klose, was born in Poland but has become an iconic figure for all of Germany.

“If we were to look at the Italian national side, we have a few players with Italian passports but with foreign heritage, who are becoming prominent figures for both club and country. It goes without saying that if Italy can include every component of its population in the same way as Germany, we would reap the benefits both on and off the pitch.

“The international nature of the modern-day football club makes this sport the perfect means through which we can tackle racism.”

Agnelli also noted the problem with ‘territorial discrimination’ – usually anti-Neapolitan or Southern Italian chanting that until this season was treated as racist abuse.

“Unfortunately, we still hear chants in football stadia, both in the form of racism and territorial discrimination between Italians.

“We all know that Italy is a country made up of different provinces with different ways of life – this is the cultural variety that should make us stronger as a people, yet we continue to turn a positive into a negative.

“Why do we need to look at our differences with anger and aggression? If Italy can win World Cups by coming together as a nation, this country can excel in all walks of life when we treat each other equally and unite properly.”

Juventus help sponsor anti-racism projects in schools in Piedmont.

“If we can open up people’s minds from a young age, they will grow up to become the responsible and respectful adults of tomorrow. These are the kind of people we also want to see at the Juventus Stadium, which already provides the best family atmosphere in Serie A.

“I believe that the wonderful initiatives we have come up with at Juventus are able to show that there are people working in Italy to overcome the ongoing problem of discrimination.

“The example set at our club is something that we hope other teams will follow attentively. Football has a responsibility to eradicate this problem and by pulling together in the same direction we will learn to respect each other’s differences.”

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
130799 messaggi

xofhxd.jpg

Juventus hold no Conte grudges, says Agnelli

The coach's decision to fill the Italy hotseat following his shock departure
from the Scudetto holders has not attracted any ire from his former employees.

Sep 13, 2014

Juventus president Andrea Agnelli insists he holds no grudge against Antonio Conte for ditching the club then becoming Italy coach.

Conte guided the Bianconeri to three successive Serie A championships in as many years but surprised many by resigning this summer, with board level arguments allegedly the reason for the trainer walking away.

With Cesare Prandelli having resigned as Italy boss following a disastrous World Cup group stage exit this summer, Conte was the early favourite to take the job and it was not a shock when he was put in charge in August.

However, there's no bad blood between Agnelli and the coach who brought Juventus so much success and he wished Conte the best with the Azzurri, who will be hoping to reach Euro 2016 in impressive fashion to banish World Cup 2014 memories.

"I was delighted to see Antonio Conte on the bench of the national team, he's a quality trainer," the club president told Juve's official website.

"What needed to be said on the fact that we went separate ways in July has already been said and nothing more needs to be added.

"Conte had the opportunity to lead Italy, he was sought after and it gives me great pleasure that he got it. I heard from him immediately after his nomination to wish him good luck because he deserves it.

"To Conte and to the Italian national team I cannot but wish them the best of luck, starting with Euro 2016."

Juventus, and new coach Massimiliano Allegri, opened 2014-15's Serie A season with a victory over Chievo two weeks ago.

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti