Juventus Season 2011-2012

131236 messaggi

logo.png

Serie A Week 6 - 2/10/2011 (08:45 p.m.)

juventus300pixelheader.gif - milan300pixelheader.gif

Juventus Arena - Turin

Vucinic: 'I was a Milan fan'

Sep 30, 2011

Mirko Vucinic is back from his ban and the Juventus striker reveals he used to be a Milan supporter.

Condividi questo messaggio

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
131236 messaggi

logo.png

Juventus Arena - Turin

Serie A Preview

Sep 30, 2011

The first real test of Juventus

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
131236 messaggi

espnsoccemet.gif

Juventus Arena - Turin

Del Piero: Milan clash not decisive

Sep 30, 2011

Juventus veteran Alessandro Del Piero says that the outcome of Sunday's match against AC Milan will not decide who wins the Serie A title this season.

Del Piero's side have begun their campaign well with two wins and two draws from their opening four matches and, having no European distractions, are being tipped to bring the first valid Scudetto title to the club since 2002-03.

Defending champions Milan, though, have struggled early on and only picked up their first win 1-0 against Cesana, having drawn two and lost to Napoli. They won 2-0 over minnows Viktoria Plzen in the Champions League on Wednesday, but Del Piero believes that Juve's opponents have time to recover whatever the result on Sunday.

"This game has always been a Scudetto clash and it marks the race for the title," Del Piero told La Repubblica. "I am sure it will be the great league clash we all expect, but I don't think that it will be decisive. Whichever way it goes, the road ahead is still a very long one."

Meanwhile, AC Milan striker Zlatan Ibrahimovic says he is ready to play against one of this old clubs.

"I am feeling fine and hope to be even better on Sunday,'' he told giornalaccio rosa dello Sport. ''I played the entire game [against Plzen] and didn't feel any problems. On Sunday evening it's Juve, my old club. It is going to be a tough match, but we will go to Turin in order to win."

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
131236 messaggi

imagegoalcomconcept2sub.jpg

Juventus Arena - Turin

Ibrahimovic: Pass me the ball and I will be more dangerous

The Swedish ace said he can play better if his team-mates pass him the ball more often,

while saying he is anticipating a tough match at Juventus.

Sep 30, 2011

AC Milan striker Zlatan Ibrahimovic has declared he can only score more goals if the ball gets to him more often.

The 29-year-old has only recently returned from an ankle injury and scored in his side's 2-0 Champions League victory against Viktoria Plzen in midweek.

It was his third goal in as many matches this season, and 'Ibra' said he can perform even better, but only if he gets some extra help.

"In the Champions League match I played in a position I really like," he told Milan Channel. "I can move back and forth a lot, even to help my team-mates.

"I have more chances to do my thing and be more dangerous if I get the ball more frequently."

Ibrahimovic went on to talk about this weekend's clash against Juventus, who he represented from 2004-06, saying he is anticipating a close encounter.

"They are a really strong team, they have improved a lot when compared to last year, they have signed many players and appointed a new coach," he noted.

"And then there is our man, Andrea Pirlo, who is doing great. We should be careful, it will be very hard, just like every big match, but we must play our game because we remain favourites in Serie A, but also in the Champions League."

Despite starting the match against the Czech side on Wednesday, Ibrahimovic noted he is not yet fully fit.

"I am happy because I am feeling fine and for this I want to thank the people I worked with, but also my team-mates," he added.

"Obviously I cannot be at 100 per cent yet, but I am working every day to continue my recovery. In Wednesday's game, I did not feel pain, but you never know what could happen."

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
131236 messaggi

Juventus Arena - Turin

'Juventus can stop AC Milan & Ibrahimovic' - Giorgio Chiellini

The Italy international is eager to show the champions his qualities

when they lock horns at the weekend and says the fight for the title is on this season.

Sep 30, 2011

Juventus defender Giorgio Chiellini is ready to throw a blanket over Zlatan Ibrahimovic and keep him under cover when AC Milan arrive on Sunday night in Serie A.

The Italy international has picked the former Juventus striker as the dangerman following his good performance in the Champions League against Viktoria Plzen.

Ibrahimovic scored a penalty and assisted Antonio Cassano's goal in the 2-0 midweek win, all the more reason for Chiellini to express concern.

However, the stopper insists he is prepared for trouble.

"When you play against a player as good as Ibrahimovic then you have to be prepared, not just individually, but as a team," Chiellini told Juventus Channel.

"It will be great to play against a champion like him, even better if we win."

Antonio Conte's men are not top of the table without reason, and Chiellini feels they can compete for the Serie A title.

"The intensity is always growing and we have plenty of will to show that we can fight for the title and hold our own on matters," he concluded.

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
131236 messaggi

Juventus Arena - Turin

Claudio Marchisio: Beating AC Milan is vital for Juventus

A mega clash is in store in Italy this week, and the midfielder hopes his side

turn up the heat and emerge victorious against their rivals coached by Massimiliano Allegri.

Sep 30, 2011

Claudio Marchisio has underlined the significance of beating AC Milan when Juventus welcome them in Serie A on Sunday night.

The Italy international has started all four of their games so far this season, and he is hoping to witness more action against the champions.

Captain Alessandro Del Piero recently said the game is not decisive, but Marchisio has a different opinion.

"It is the most important game for us on paper to date, we are playing against the Italian champions and we know it is a great chance for us to take advantage," he is quoted as saying by La Repubblica.

"We want to win the game so we can stay on top of the league.

"Milan are a great team and so it is very important for us to get it right."

Kick-off at the Juventus Arena is at 20:45 (CET). Juventus' Fabio Quagliarella is in contention after for a starting place after he featured in a youth game in midweek following his recent return from long-term injury as a substitute in the 1-1 draw with Catania last weekend.

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
131236 messaggi

Marcello Lippi sees balanced Serie A

Having analysed the top Italian sides, the former national team coach feels

they are all more or less the same and also spoke of potential job offers.

Sep 30, 2011

Marcello Lippi has said gone are the days when one team dominates Serie A as he sees a balanced campaign.

Juventus have started brightly, they are unbeaten in four games, like joint-leaders Udinese. Napoli, Inter, and AC Milan have all stumbled early on.

However, the former Italy coach says things have evened up across the spectrum for all.

"Compared to other years where Inter used to be the strongest, now there is a balance," Lippi is quoted as saying on La Repubblica.

"Milan are strong after winning the league last season and they have rediscovered enthusiasm.

"Inter are also on the right track, while Juventus, Roma and Napoli can all be protagonists."

Lippi then spoke of his future as he eyes a return to coaching after his Italy exit in 2010 after a dismal World Cup campaign in South Africa.

"I have had offers in Europe and beyond from clubs and national teams," Lippi confirmed.

"What is certain is that I will not be coaching in Italy."

Juventus take on AC Milan on Sunday, while Inter host Napoli on Saturday night in what could be a telling round of Serie A action.

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
131236 messaggi

espnsoccemet.gif

Juventus Arena - Turin

Juventus v AC Milan: Preview

Sep 30, 2011

Juventus goalkeeper Gianluigi Buffon is not getting carried away by his team's positive start to the campaign ahead of tomorrow's game against defending champions AC Milan.

The Turin giants go into the encounter at the Juventus arena as one of just three teams unbeaten in the league.

Last weekend's 1-1 draw at Catania lifted Antonio Conte's side level on eight points with Udinese at the top of the standings, with Milan three points behind them.

"This game will have more significance for us than it will be for Milan,'' Buffon said to giornalaccio rosa dello Sport.

"Milan is the reference team this season, they are the defending champions.

"This game will give us a strong indication as to where we are at in terms of our growth.

"We've enjoyed a good start to the season but it's early days and we have to just focus on ourselves and continue to improve.''

AC Milan travel to Turin in buoyant mood.

Wednesday's 2-0 triumph over Viktoria Plzen handed the Rossoneri their first Champions League win this season.

Massimiliano Allegri's side will be bolstered by the presence of Zlatan Ibrahimovic on Sunday.

The Swedish striker returned to play after a two-week absence through injury in midweek and scored a penalty and set up a goal for Antonio Cassano.

And Ibrahimovic warned his former club Juve his best is yet to come.

"I feel much better but I'm not yet 100%,'' Ibrahimovic said. "But I hope I will be come Sunday.''

Ibrahimovic will again partner Cassano up front.

The visitors are still without injured Robinho, Gennaro Gattuso Massimo Ambrosini, Alexandre Pato, Kevin-Prince Boateng and Philippe Mexes.

Conte will have all of his players available with Montenegrin forward Mirko Vucinic returning from suspension.

Andrea Pirlo will play alongside Claudio Marchisio in the heart of Juve's midfield in what will be first game against his former club since leaving the San Siro outfit this summer.

Team Stat Comparison

Juventus - AC Milan

4 - Matches Played - 4

1 - Table Position - 12

8 - Points - 5

4 - Goal Difference - -1

2.5 - Goals for * - 1.0

1.0 - Goals against * - 3.0

D-D-W-W - Last 5 - W-D-L-D

D-W - Last 5 home - W-D-D

D-W - Last 5 away - L

* Goals per match - home matches for home club and away matches for away club

Competition Stats

Juventus - AC Milan

Mirko Vucinic 1 - Goals - Zlatan Ibrahimovic 1

* - Assists - Antonio Cassano 3

Arturo Vidal 1 - Yellows - Antonio Nocerino 2

Mirko Vucinic 1 - Reds - *

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
131236 messaggi

Juventus Arena - Turin

Seedorf warns AC Milan: Juventus have great enthusiasm

The veteran midfielder is wary of the opposition's and believes it could prove fatal

against his side, as the Turin outfit will want to show they are contenders for the title.

Oct 1, 2011

Clarence Seedorf is sounding an early warning to his AC Milan colleagues ahead of their Serie A showdown against Juventus on Sunday.

The Dutchman said there will likely be hidden dangers in Turin, and he believes Juventus will be spurred on by a sell-out crowd in their new stadium.

"This game is worth plenty because both teams are in good form and as well as the three points, a lot of pride is at stake," the former Real Madrid and Ajax star is quoted as saying by La Repubblica.

"Juventus have great enthusiasm and they will want to show it against us. Also, the new stadium and the fans will be extra factors we need to be aware of."

AC Milan are currently 11th in the table with five points, three points behind Juventus, who sit in joint-first place with Udinese going into the weekend fixtures.

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
131236 messaggi

Juventus Arena - Turin

Vucinic looking to beat childhood heroes AC Milan

The Montenegro international has admitted he supported the Milanese team when he was younger,

but will have no soft spot for Massimiliano Allegri's side on Sunday.

Oct 1, 2011

Juventus striker Mirko Vucinic has admitted that he supported AC Milan as a youngster, but will have no soft spot for his childhood team when he faces them on Sunday.

The Montenegro international was suspended after being sent off against Bologna, but will return against the Serie A champions this weekend.

Despite stating he is happy at Antonio Conte's side, the 27-year-old admits to supporting the Milanese outfit when he was younger.

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
131236 messaggi

Juventus Arena - Turin

Aquilani looking to punish old club Juventus on Sunday

The Italy international spent a season in Turin in 2010-11, but is more happy at the Scudetto holders

and is looking for three points against his former club this weekend.

Oct 1, 2011

Alberto Aquilani has stated that he is happy to be playing at AC Milan, and is hoping to end Juventus' unbeaten Serie A record on Sunday.

The Italy international spent last season on loan in Turin, but moved to the Scudetto holders in the summer, and is happy at the Milanese club.

"AC Milan seems like a little paradise, now I understand why all players who come to Milan say they want to stay," the 27-year-old told Corriere dello Sport.

"Now I want to become a key player for this team. I am very glad I made that choice."

Antonio Conte's team are top of the Italian league after a strong start, whilst Massimiliano Allegri's side have started slowly, but despite this, Aquilani does not feel that Sunday's clash will decide the title.

"I do not think tomorrow's match against Juventus will be decisive for the Scudetto, it is still too early," he stated.

"I'm not sure how far the Bianconeri can go; the last couple of years they have said they could do well. Surely, however, the purchases of Vucinic and Pirlo strengthens them," he concluded.

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
131236 messaggi

Juventus Arena - Torino

Serie A Preview: Juventus v AC Milan

The league leaders will look to beat the defending champions in a heavyweight clash in Turin on Sunday evening.

Oct 1, 2011

PROBABLE LINE-UPS

Juventus (4-2-4): Buffon; Lichtsteiner, Barzagli, Chiellini, De Ceglie; Marchisio, Pirlo; Krasic, Vucinic, Matri, Pepe

Antonio Conte has the luxury of choosing from an essentially-fully-fit squad for the crunch clash on Sunday, as Vincenzo Iaquinta is the only player he will not be able to call upon. Andrea Barzagli took part in Wednesday's training session and should get the nod alongside Giorgio Chiellini in the centre of defence.

Milan (4-3-1-2): Abbiati; Abate, Nesta, Thiago Silva, Antonini; Nocerino, van Bommel, Seedorf; Aquilani; Ibrahimovic, Cassano

Zlatan Ibrahimovic returned for the Champions League clash midweek against Viktoria Plzen and will start up front beside Antonio Cassano. Massimiliano Allegri will still be missing a plethora of players though as Philippe Mexes, Kevin-Prince Boateng, Robinho, Gennaro Gattuso, Massimo Ambrosini and Alexandre Pato are all nursing injuries.

DID YOU KNOW?

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
131236 messaggi

logo.png

Juventus Arena - Turin

Aquilani: 'Milan is like paradise'

Oct 1, 2011

Alberto Aquilani thanks Juventus for giving him a chance, but

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
131236 messaggi

logo.png

Juventus Arena - Turin

Chiellini: 'How to keep Ibra quiet'

Oct 1, 2011

Giorgio Chiellini tells Juventus how to approach Sunday

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
131236 messaggi

Juventus Arena - Turin

We will not fear Milan - Antonio Conte

The former Siena tactician has declared that his men are not worried

about facing Massimiliano Allegri's side on Sunday evening.

Oct 1, 2011

Juventus coach Antonio Conte has stated that his side have respect for Milan yet hold no fear towards the champions, with the two teams set to meet in Serie A on Sunday in Turin.

The Old Lady are currently top of the league, picking up two wins and two draws in their opening four games of the season, while Milan are currently down in 12th place.

Sunday's fixture offers Juventus their first real test of the season yet Conte remains confident his men can emerge victorious.

"Having respect for a side is one thing - and we have a lot of it for Milan - but fear is another," the former Siena tactician told reporters in his press conference.

"Our attitude must never change, regardless of who we are facing because we must always take the initiative. Clearly, we are playing against a team of great quality, but that has to represent further motivation.

"It is our first game against a big club, but certainly not our first big game, because every encounter must be treated the right way. They are ultimately worth three points."

Despite the club's decent start to the new campaign, Conte played down being top of the table going into Sunday's encounter.

"We are still studying to be among the big teams. We must never forget where we came from, nor what happened to Juventus. That's all we need to avoid kidding ourselves and provide the grit we need to get back to the top level," he added.

"When we are there, then we can talk about a Scudetto showdown. For now, we just want to understand what level we are at."

The coach concluded his press conference by discussing tactics, and the fact he is able to switch to a 4-2-4 formation when needed.

"I am fortunate enough to have different options in midfield. It has to be an advantage because having an alternative to the basic system allows us to be unpredictable," he said.

"We know Milan try to win by keeping possession, so there will be moments when we are under pressure. We're aware of our strengths and weaknesses, so I am curious to see how we perform in a big match situation."

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
131236 messaggi

Juventus Arena - Turin

Juventus are rivals for the Scudetto - Massimiliano Allegri

The former Cagliari tactician has stated that the Turin club have the squad to compete

for the Serie A title this season after making an impressive start to the campaign.

Oct 1, 2011

Milan coach Massimiliano Allegri believes Sunday's opponents Juventus are title contenders this season after making numerous signings in the summer.

The champions are currently 12th in the table, and come up against Antonio Conte's high-flying side in search of a win that would propel them up the league.

The trip to Juventus' new stadium will be Milan's first and Allegri is hoping his men can earn a positive result, despite their lengthy injury list.

"Juventus are a new squad who are doing well and can certainly do even better," Allegri told reporters in his press conference.

"We're playing a team that will fight to the end for the Scudetto. Juventus will also be highly motivated and can count on support of the home crowd in their wonderful new stadium."

"It's great to see a stadium without barriers, as that represents a step forward for Italian football."

Milan will be without Gennaro Gattuso, Alexandre Pato, Robinho and Massimo Ambrosini for the encounter, but are hoping to welcome back Kevin-Prince Boateng for Sunday's game.

"At the moment we are still coming back together, because we had so many injuries. Tomorrow will hopefully be the last game with so many players out, as they should return after the break for international duty," he added.

The game will also be the first time Andrea Pirlo comes up against Milan for Juventus, since his summer transfer.

"Andrea is a champion and is doing well, as he plays for a team that makes the most of his qualities. If we leave him space to play, then we'll be making it easier for him and the strikers," Alegri said.

The tactician concluded his press conference with a few words of praise for his opposite number, Conte.

"I am impressed with coach Antonio Conte as he is pushing forward his ideas of football," he added.

When the two teams met last season in Turin, Milan snatched a vital away victory courtesy of Gattuso's 68th minute goal.

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
131236 messaggi

logo.png

Juventus Arena - Turin

Van Bommel on Milan future

Oct 1, 2011

Mark Van Bommel has pledged himself to Milan, but warned they ought to focus on Serie A rather than the Champions League.

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
131236 messaggi

logo.png

Juventus Arena - Turin

Conte: 'Milan are Juve's big test'

Oct 1, 2011

Antonio Conte warns Milan that Juventus will go for it in Turin.

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
131236 messaggi

logo.png

Juventus Arena - Turin

Allegri: 'Juve are Scudetto rivals'

Oct 1, 2011

Massimiliano Allegri looks ahead to Sunday

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
131236 messaggi

Juventus Arena - Turin

Andrea Pirlo a doubt for AC Milan game

The 32-year-old could miss tomorrow's game against the side he left

in the summer after picking up an injury in training in Saturday's training session.

Oct 1, 2011

Juventus midfielder Andrea Pirlo is a doubt for Sunday's crunch Serie A fixture against his former club, Milan.

According to the team's official website, the 32-year-old playmaker has picked up a knee injury during a practice session on Saturday.

The club stated: "During the practice game which brought the workout to a close, Andrea Pirlo sustained a bruise on his left knee."

"The midfielder

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
131236 messaggi

logo.png

Juventus Arena - Turin

Boateng and Ambrosini fit for Juve

Oct 1, 2011

Kevin-Prince Boateng and Massimo Ambrosini are back in the squad for Milan

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
131236 messaggi

logo.png

Juventus Arena - Turin

Knee injury scare for Pirlo

Oct 1, 2011

Andrea Pirlo has an injury scare ahead of Sunday

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
131236 messaggi

Juventus Arena - Turin

Allegri wants AC Milan players to display

their technical superiority against Juventus

The tactician singles out Zlatan Ibrahimovic, Antonio Cassano and Juve midfielder

Andrea Pirlo to play important roles in Sunday's clash at Juventus Stadium.

Oct 1, 2011

AC Milan coach Massimiliano Allegri believes his players will need to display their full technical abilities if they wish to defeat Juventus in Serie A on Sunday, adding he thought the game would be a significant test to determine his side's title credentials.

The defending Italian champions have just one win in four league games thus far, and but Allegri stresses that there are still a lot of matches to play.

"It will be a fascinating game with a lot of competitive tension, but the season is long and it won't be decided tomorrow," the tactician said in a press conference on Saturday.

"We'll have to play a technically excellent game and we have to play carefully because right now, I think that's fundamental."

Allegri said he was weary of the threat second-placed Juventus posed, particularly as Sunday's opponents are led by a familiar face in former Milan playmaker Andrea Pirlo.

"Andrea Pirlo is doing very well. He's playing in a team that's built around him," Allegri said. "If you leave quality players like him to play, then you make his job easier, so that is what you have to avoid.

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
131236 messaggi

football.co.uk

Juventus Arena - Turin

Juve game more mental than physical - Allegri

Oct 1, 2011

AC Milan coach Massimiliano Allegri believes Sunday's crunch Serie A clash against Juventus will be more of a mental battle than a physical one.

Juve lead the early scudetto table on goals scored while Milan are in the bottom half but the two sides are separated by only three points.

And while Milan played in the Champions League in midweek, beating Viktoria Plzen 2-0, Juve have had the last seven days off.

But Allegri doesn't believe that should put his players at a physical disadvantage.

"We're fine, we're playing every three days but we're always the same," he said.

"We won't be brilliant we're we're fine. Tomorrow's (Sunday's) is a game which will be played on a mental level more than a physical one.

"And then we can rest during the international break."

Allegri admitted he is wary about the influence former Milan star Andrea Pirlo will have on the game.

The Italy midfielder has had an excellent start to the season and is already a fans' favourite in Turin.

"He's playing in a team that appreciates his quality, with players like that if you let them play they make life easier for you," said Allegri.

"We have to try to limit their opportunities, both his and those in the attacking zone.

"We have to try to waste fewer chances than we have done up until now, we need to play well from every point of view.

"It will be a very physically demanding game but the season is long and nothing will be decided tomorrow."

Although Juventus are top, Allegri believes they will improve throughout the season when their new coach and new players start to gel.

"They have a new team, many new players and they're doing very well, they can certainly improve.

"We've been together for a year and we did well last season. We started well this year winning the Supercup.

"We've had a lot of injuries but slowly but surely they're coming back.

"This is our last game with these injured players because probably after the international break they will all be back.

"That's a good sign because it means our season will start six games into the season.

"It won't be easy, we're playing an excellent team who will fight for the title in their new stadium.

"We will have to be ready for the atmosphere, because as well as having personal motivation they will also be pushed on by the crowd, it's a very important game."

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
131236 messaggi

Football365.co.za

Juventus Arena - Turin

BUFFON NOT GETTING CARRIED AWAY

Oct 1, 2011

Juventus goalkeeper Gianluigi Buffon is not getting carried away by his team's positive start to the campaign ahead of Sunday's game against defending champions AC Milan.

The Turin giants go into the encounter at the Juventus arena as one of just three teams unbeaten in the league.

Last weekend's 1-1 draw at Catania lifted Antonio Conte's side level on eight points with Udinese at the top of the standings, with Milan three points behind them.

"This game will have more significance for us than it will be for Milan," Buffon said to giornalaccio rosa dello Sport.

"Milan is the reference team this season, they are the defending champions.

"This game will give us a strong indication as to where we are at in terms of our growth.

"We've enjoyed a good start to the season but it's early days and we have to just focus on ourselves and continue to improve."

AC Milan travel to Turin in buoyant mood.

Wednesday's 2-0 triumph over Viktoria Plzen handed the Rossoneri their first Champions League win this season.

Massimiliano Allegri's side will be bolstered by the presence of Zlatan Ibrahimovic on Sunday.

The Swedish striker returned to play after a two-week absence through injury in midweek and scored a penalty and set up a goal for Antonio Cassano.

And Ibrahimovic warned his former club Juve his best is yet to come.

"I feel much better but I'm not yet 100%," Ibrahimovic said. "But I hope I will be come Sunday."

Ibrahimovic will again partner Cassano up front.

The visitors are still without injured Robinho, Gennaro Gattuso Massimo Ambrosini, Alexandre Pato, Kevin-Prince Boateng and Philippe Mexes.

Conte will have all of his players available with Montenegrin forward Mirko Vucinic returning from suspension.

Andrea Pirlo will play alongside Claudio Marchisio in the heart of Juve's midfield in what will be first game against his former club since leaving the San Siro outfit this summer.

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
Ospite
Questa discussione è chiusa.
Accedi per seguire   

• Chi sta navigando   0 utenti

Nessun utente registrato visualizza questa pagina.

• Crea Nuovo...