Sunday, April 2nd, 2017 - 8:45 p.m.
San Paolo Stadium, Naples
Referee: Daniele Orsato

Agent: 'Hamsik fit for Juve on Wednesday'

224024738-fe96f230-f50d-4497-8c79-3cd74c

http://www.football-italia.net/100583/agent-hamsik-fit-juve-wednesday

Apr 3, 2017

Tifosibianconeri English page - CLICK HERE

The agent of Napoli captain Marek Hamsik insists the player 'only had cramp' and will be fit to face Juventus in the Coppa Italia.

After scoring an equalising goal in the 1-1 draw with Juventus on Sunday evening, Hamsik was replaced by Marko Rog in the 76th minute of the game.

"Yesterday Napoli Hamsik dominated and could not wait to play the match," agent Martin Petras told Radio Crc. "He always anticipates the game against Juventus which is particularly important for Marek and in fact he only played one match with Slovakia.

"I'm not saying that he wanted to save himself, but he was already thinking about Juve.

"The Coppa Italia will be a different game, but Napoli will try to go through.

"Will Hamsik be replaced on Wednesday? He only had cramp and requested the change because he expended a lot physically and mentally, but I reassure everyone that he is physically well and can play on Wednesday.

"Then it will be up to Sarri to choose who he will deploy. Napoli can do it, they are aware of their own strength.

"Marek said that the atmosphere at the San Paolo was amazing yesterday, better than he had ever experienced, and it was one of the strongest perforances of his career.

"Perhaps because of Higuain, people were charged up and it was beautiful, even my friends who were at the stadium were excited."

http://www.goal.com/en/tables/serie-a/13?ICID=TP_TN_110

Condividi questo messaggio

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
130799 messaggi

2dky5ig.jpg

swcy9l.png

NAPOLI - JUVENTUS

1270.png      1-11242.png

Sami Khedira 7'

Marek Hamsik 60'

MATCHDAY 30

Cannavaro: ‘I’d have whistled Higuain’ .oddio

Afbeeldingsresultaat voor napoli-juventus 1-1 gonzalo higuain

http://www.football-italia.net/100620/cannavaro-‘i’d-have-whistled-higuain’

Apr 4, 2017

Fabio Cannavaro would “obviously” have whistled Juventus’ Gonzalo Higuain as a Napoli fan.

The former defender is a Neapolitan, and played for both clubs during his illustrious career, and he discussed the return of Pipita on Sunday night.

“For the supporters, they didn’t like how Pipita left in the dead of night, without saying goodbye to his teammates and the Coach,” Cannavaro explained to La Stampa.

“From day to night, in fact, he was gone. It was a trauma. These negations come up so fast that at times you don’t think, and everyone is free to do what they want.

“At the end of the day, if Juve bought him it’s because they put that clause in there, and they made a lot of money.

“Would I have whistled him as a fan? Of course. But whistling is a tease. If they whistled so much, it’s because he left so much love behind. Indifference would have been much more hurtful.

"If he scores at San Paolo? To the fans it would be seen as a betrayal, the problem is that there could be a Pipita goal because he gets so many.

“But playing at San Paolo they wouldn’t be indifferent.”

Cannavaro was then asked about the performance of Juventus on Sunday night, as well as looking ahead to the Coppa Italia Semi-Final on Wednesday.

“It’s dangerous to go to San Paolo and play a purely defensive game: Napoli attack really well, they find space between the lines and can put any team in difficulty.

“Tomorrow Juventus have to try to play better, because on other occasions they haven’t done that. Despite winning it could be a problem in the long run.

“Defensive organisation is important, obviously, but if you have to win the game? I also say that thinking of the Champions League.”

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
130799 messaggi

2dky5ig.jpg

swcy9l.png

NAPOLI - JUVENTUS

1270.png      1-11242.png

Sami Khedira 7'

Marek Hamsik 60'

MATCHDAY 30

Higuain: ‘Didn’t expect insults’

221610273-3041d8c5-cb18-4a6a-8536-b88f5a

http://www.football-italia.net/100622/higuain-‘didn’t-expect-insults’

Apr 4, 2017

Gonzalo Higuain reportedly said “I didn’t expect all these insults” after returning to Napoli in a Juventus shirt.

The striker controversially left the Partenopei in the summer, taking a secret medical in Spain when the Bianconeri activated his €90m release clause.

Pipita returned to Stadio San Paolo on Sunday night, and was subjected to a gale of whistles every time he touched the ball.

“I gave a lot to this team and this city,” Il Mattino quotes Higuain as telling a police officer friend after the match.

“I didn’t expect all these insults.”

Higuain scored 91 goals in 146 games for Napoli, including 36 in 35 League games last season.

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
130799 messaggi

28bffyu.jpg

swcy9l.png

Rakitic: ‘Not happy with Juventus draw’

http://www.football-italia.net/100625/rakitic-‘not-happy-juventus-draw’

Apr 4, 2017

Ivan Rakitic admits Barcelona “were not happy” when they were drawn with Juventus in the Champions League.

The Blaugrana will be in Turin next Tuesday for the first leg of their Quarter-Final tie, and Rakitic spoke to Gazzetta dello Sport’s Extra Time about the games.

“The draw? We weren’t happy,” Rakitic confirmed.

“We played them in the final two years ago and we know how strong they are. Mandzu [Mario Mandzukic] told me the same thing, they didn’t want this either but it’s the Champions League.

“Juve have no flaws, they have clear ideas and are a great team. It will be tough for us.

“Juventus have won Serie A for five years in a row and they’re top this year, two years ago they were in the Champions League final and when it comes to Italian football they’re the reference point.

“They can extend that to Europe. They have a spectacular history and are among the 5-10 best teams in the world, they’re hard to face and they’re used to winning.

“You Italians leave the pressure to others, but I can say it will be a very difficult tie. I have good memories of Juventus Stadium, I won there in the Europa League than Sevilla.”

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
130799 messaggi

20rp55t.jpg

swcy9l.png

NAPOLI - JUVENTUS

1270.png      1242.png

TIM CUP - SEMIFINAL

Wednesday, April 5th, 2017 - 8:45 p.m.
Referee: Luca Banti

Allegri: ‘Mandzukic out for Napoli’

hhttp://www.football-italia.net/100628/allegri-‘mandzukic-out-napoli’

Apr 4, 2017

Juventus Coach Massimiliano Allegri admits “it’s unlikely” Mario Mandzukic will be fit to face Napoli tomorrow.

The Croatian striker hurt his knee during the draw at San Paolo on Sunday night, and though he finished the game it seems he’ll miss the second leg of the Coppa Italia Semi-Final.

“It’s difficult for Mario Mandzukic to make it for the game,” Allegri confirmed in his pre-match Press conference.

“We’ll assess him today, but he’s unlikely to be there. [Paulo] Dybala and [Juan] Cuadrado are available.

“As for the rest I don’t know what to tell you, because we’ll train today and after that I’ll work out who will play tomorrow. The Bianconeri were criticised for being defensive in Sunday’s Serie A meeting, what will be different tomorrow?

“First of all they’re two different games. Sunday was a League game and this is a knockout game.

“We have this important objective, to reach the Coppa Italia final for the third year in a row, then go to Rome and try to win it.

“It won’t be easy, because tomorrow’s game will be very open. Napoli are a team who played well on Sunday from a technical point of view, they caused us problems but we have everything it takes to reach the final.

“We need to be very different in technical terms to what we showed on Sunday, technically we got a lot wrong and that meant we couldn’t develop the play and that’s why we were more defensive.

“We gave away two or three shots after we’d cheaply given the ball away, so we definitely need to play a different game from that point of view.

“If you’re technically better you’ll have more of the ball, which means you have to defend less.”

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
130799 messaggi

20rp55t.jpg

swcy9l.png

NAPOLI - JUVENTUS

1270.png      1242.png

TIM CUP - SEMIFINAL

‘Juventus have to score’

http://www.football-italia.net/100629/‘juventus-have-score’

Apr 4, 2017

Max Allegri warns Juventus “have to play to score” against Napoli but there could be “seven or eight changes”.

The Bianconeri hold a 3-1 lead from the first leg of the Coppa Italia Semi-Final, but the Partenopei’s away goal puts them in a difficult position.

“It’s 3-1, first of all, that’s a different result than 2-0,” Allegri cautioned in his pre-match Press conference.

“With 2-0, to be eliminated you need to lose 3-0. If it’s 3-1, that means that 2-0 is enough to put you out.

“So tomorrow we have to play to score goals, we need to score to go through that’s for sure. And we expect Napoli to play another great game like they did on Sunday.

“At the end on Sunday though the squad had shown its strength, sometimes there are situations in games where you can’t play, you have to defend and there are also the opponents.

“I understand and accept everything, but there are opponents too, otherwise we’d be playing against 10 silhouettes.

“I know two things in football, attack and defence. If you don’t have the ball, you have to defend. Simple.

“Then there will be games where you have it more than in others.

“Napoli, by the way, are a team who play very well, they’re third in the table and it’s always difficult to play against them.

“Among other things it’s important for us, because they’re a team who play quite similarly to Barcelona, so on Sunday we started on the path which will take us to the Barcelona games.”

With that Champions League tie on the horizon, Allegri confirmed that there will be changes tomorrow, and took the time to defend Gonzalo Higuain.

“Neto will definitely play, Alex Sandro should come back in, but I repeat I’ll need to see the training session today.

“We’ve expended a lot [of energy], we have a game on Saturday and if I’m not mistaken we play Saturday, then Tuesday against Barcelona.

“So until Tuesday we have a game every two days, because it’s Saturday-Tuesday. So I need to try and manage our strength, I can’t look at one game, I need to look at the arc of the season.

“We’ve got a month and a half until the end of the season, everyone is fine and that allows me to change the lads on the pitch.

“Higuain’s situation is very good, by the way. As with the others who returned from international duty and worked at Vinovo, he did very well.

“On Sunday he played very well physically as well as technically, it wasn’t an easy game for him and I expected a worse performance.

“Irrespective of the fact he was left isolated by the team, since the team created little or nothing, he did things that showed he’s returning to optimal condition.

“Above all he put in a good performance mentally, it wasn’t easy.

“Returning to the changes, we’ll wait for training today but there could be seven or eight changes, we’ll see. I don’t know, but we’ll see.

“To get to the end, I need to try and not squeeze everyone, we have matches in the League which, after Sunday’s game, we have to win because Roma are behind us.

“Meanwhile, Napoli are still 10 points back so that’s important.”

Mario Lemina was also criticised for his performance on Sunday, but the Coach defended him too.

“Lemina had a good game on Sunday, for his features and characteristics as a player," Allegri said.

"You can’t ask things of players which don’t fall within their skill set and in their qualities.

“I’d give you the example of last year when [Simone] Padoin played in front of the defence, once at Roma, two times and then he was criticised. They were making comparisons with [Andrea] Pirlo.

“Pirlo - aside from the fact he’s a world-class player - has different characteristics. I can’t ask any player who plays in front of the defence to do the same things Pirlo does, and I can’t ask Lemina to do the same things [Juan] Cuadrado does.

“They’re two players who are built differently in a physical sense, and above all technically. I need to evaluate what Lemina did in the role by his characteristics, and he did well.

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
130799 messaggi

20rp55t.jpg

swcy9l.png

NAPOLI - JUVENTUS

1270.png      1242.png

TIM CUP - SEMIFINAL

Allegri: ‘Too much Juventus negativity’

http://www.football-italia.net/100630/allegri-‘too-much-juventus-negativity’

Apr 4, 2017

Massimiliano Allegri believes there’s too much negativity around Juventus - “it’s the one thing I hate”.

The Bianconeri take on Napoli in the Coppa Italia tomorrow, and the Coach took exception to a question in his pre-match Press conference about how elimination could affect their season.

“First of all we’re in a good period, because with a month-and-a-half to go we’re playing for the final of the Coppa Italia, for the chance to go to the Champions League Semi-Finals and we’re currently still first in the Scudetto race,” Allegri pointed out.

“So right now there’s nothing more we could do. Then there’s this negativity, this negative aura, it’s the one thing I hate. I think if we could see things positively it would be better.

“I think this team has played a few finals over the past few years, we’ve won a couple of Coppa Italia, we’ve won two Scudetti, then one draw and it’s like none of that happened.

At the end of the day, the important thing is to achieve your objectives. It’s also true that you have opponents, and winning is difficult.

“You say winning is the norm but no, winning is extraordinary because only one team can win. Besides, this is a team which in the past three years has been to a Champions League final, we’re playing for another Coppa Italia final, and we’re in the fight for the Scudetto.

“Right now we couldn’t do more, that’s a fact, like it or not.

“In the course of a season, just as in individual games, there are moments where you play well and moments where you’re less good, the important thing is having a clear objective.

“It’s not easy to achieve, the lads are doing incredible things, because there are opponents, because to always win is impossible.

“The team is growing in Italy, but above all on a European level and I think that’s important. I think that’s the best result, regardless of the Scudetti won.

“Right now Juventus are a respected team, that’s the most important thing.

“Then I hear you say - and I’ll finish with this - that Juventus have lost five finals, seven finals - how many have they lost? - seven.

“If you turn that around, and say ‘Juventus played nine finals’, it’s different. Because others didn’t play them. Then at the end of the games you win or you lose.

“You can reverse things and see the positives, but here you only see the negative goddamnit. That’s not good. Buona giornata.”

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
130799 messaggi

20rp55t.jpg

xofhxd.jpg

NAPOLI - JUVENTUS

1270.png      1242.png

TIM CUP - SEMIFINAL

'Napoli are like Barcelona' - Allegri welcomes perfect

Champions League preparation for Juventus

The reigning Serie A champions are currently preparing for Wednesday's

Coppa Italia semi-final clash, but European tests are never far from their mind.

http://www.goal.com/en-gb/news/683/main/2017/04/04/34294782/-

Apr 4, 2017

Massimiliano Allegri sees Wednesday's Coppa Italia clash with Napoli as the perfect preparation for Juventus' Champions League tie against Barcelona as he feels the two are similar.

Juventus have a 3-1 lead from the first leg of the semi-final tie as they prepare to take on Napoli at the Stadio San Paolo for the second time in four days after recording a 1-1 draw in Serie A at the weekend. 

"Napoli are a team that play in a similar way to Barcelona, making Wednesday's game an even more important test," said Allegri, whose side face Barca in the last eight of the Champions League this month.

"We will need to score in order to be sure of reaching the Coppa Italia final.

"We want to reach our third straight final and we are in a great position to do so.

"We are in a great position on all fronts with just a couple of months of the season left.

"Juventus have achieved a great deal in recent years. We have earned the respect of the rest of Europe."

Allegri plans to make a number of changes to his starting XI for the match as he looks to rest some key players.

"There could be seven or eight changes compared to Sunday's line-up. After all, we are playing every three days at present," he added.

"Neto will definitely play, but I still need to decide about the others. 

"Dybala and Cuadrado are both available.

"It is unlikely that Mario Mandzukic will play. Any one of Alex Sandro, Sturaro or Cuadrado could come in to replace Mario."

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
130799 messaggi

20rp55t.jpg

swcy9l.png

NAPOLI - JUVENTUS

1270.png      1242.png

TIM CUP - SEMIFINAL

Napoli hopeful on Reina

http://www.football-italia.net/100637/napoli-hopeful-reina

Apr 4, 2017

Napoli are reportedly hopeful that Pepe Reina will be fit to face Juventus in the Coppa Italia tomorrow.

The Partenopei must overturn a 3-1 deficit from the first leg of the Semi-Final in Turin, but have conceded in each of their three meetings with Juve so far this season.

It’s because of that, reports Gazzetta dello Sport, that Maurizio Sarri is particularly keen to have goalkeeper Reina available for tomorrow.

Scans have shown no muscular tears after he was forced to leave the Spain camp with an injury, so there is optimism that Reina will be ready.

Sarri is not giving a pre-match Press conference, so his team selection remains somewhat of a mystery for tomorrow’s match.

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
130799 messaggi

20rp55t.jpg

swcy9l.png

NAPOLI - JUVENTUS

1270.png      1242.png

TIM CUP - SEMIFINAL

Prandelli: ‘Napoli play best football’

http://www.football-italia.net/100638/prandelli-‘napoli-play-best-football’

Apr 4, 2017

Cesare Prandelli believes “Napoli play better football” while Juventus “only think about getting the result”.

The pair meet for the second time in just four days tomorrow, when the Partenopei welcome the Old Lady to San Paolo for the second leg of their Coppa Italia Semi-Final.

“Right now Juventus only think about getting the result, which is the thing that matters most at the end of the year,” Prandelli said on Radio Marte.

“I think Napoli play better football on a European level. Wednesday will be a nice game to watch, if Juve are a little more daring then it’ll be even more spectacular.”

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
130799 messaggi

28bffyu.jpg

swcy9l.png

Enrique: ‘Surprised by Juventus criticism’

http://www.football-italia.net/100640/enrique-‘surprised-juventus-criticism’

Apr 4, 2017

Barcelona Coach Luis Enrique admits he has been “surprised by the criticism” of Juventus.

The two sides meet in the Quarter-Finals of the Champions League, with the first leg to be played in Turin next Tuesday.

Following the 1-1 draw with Napoli on Sunday, the Bianconeri were accused of being too defensive, with Coach Max Allegri taking exception to what he called “negativity” around his side.

“Juventus are a great team and I’ve been surprised by the constant criticism they’ve received,” Enrique admitted in his Press conference ahead of the Sevilla match.

“Juve scored right away through [Sami] Khedira, and then they were no longer able to get the ball of Napoli, who are one of the best teams in the world in possession.

“They [Juve] are a tough team and on Wednesday they’ll meet Napoli again in the Coppa Italia where I’m sure we’ll see a different game.

“They always criticise in Italy, but Juve picked up an important point.”

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
130799 messaggi

20rp55t.jpg

2yvo10i.jpg

NAPOLI - JUVENTUS

1270.png      1242.png

TIM CUP - SEMIFINAL

Allegri lashes out at negativity surrounding Juventus’ performances

Manager has finally had enough, and makes strong comments at his pre-match press conference.

http://www.blackwhitereadallover.com/2017/4/4/15177894/allegri-lashes-out-

negativity-surrounding-juventus-performances-napoli-coppa-italia-preview

Apr 4, 2017

Enough is enough. Massimiliano Allegri has hit his limit with the constant negativity around Juventus, from fans, media, the whole lot. If Juve win, it wasn’t pretty enough. If Juve draw then it’s a sign of impending doom. And God forbid if Juve lose then it’s surely the end of the universe as we know it.

During his pre-match press conference as the Bianconeri head back to Naples to take on Napolitomorrow in the second leg of the Coppa Italia semi-final protecting a 3-1 lead, Allegri was less than his usual reserved self.

“First of all we’re in a good period, because with a month-and-a-half to go we’re playing for the final of the Coppa Italia, for the chance to go to the Champions League Semi-Finals and we’re currently still first in the Scudetto race.

“So right now there’s nothing more we could do. Then there’s this negativity, this negative aura, it’s the one thing I hate. I think if we could see things positively it would be better.

“I think this team has played a few finals over the past few years, we’ve won a couple of Coppa Italia, we’ve won two Scudetti, then one draw and it’s like none of that happened.

“At the end of the day, the important thing is to achieve your objectives. It’s also true that you have opponents, and winning is difficult.

“You say winning is the norm but no, winning is extraordinary because only one team can win. Besides, this is a team which in the past three years has been to a Champions League final, we’re playing for another Coppa Italia final, and we’re in the fight for the Scudetto.

“Right now we couldn’t do more, that’s a fact, like it or not.

“In the course of a season, just as in individual games, there are moments where you play well and moments where you’re less good, the important thing is having a clear objective.

“It’s not easy to achieve, the lads are doing incredible things, because there are opponents, because to always win is impossible.

“The team is growing in Italy, but above all on a European level and I think that’s important. I think that’s the best result, regardless of the Scudetti won.

“Right now Juventus are a respected team, that’s the most important thing.

“Then I hear you say - and I’ll finish with this - that Juventus have lost five finals, seven finals - how many have they lost? - seven.

“If you turn that around, and say ‘Juventus played nine finals’, it’s different. Because others didn’t play them. Then at the end of the games you win or you lose.

“You can reverse things and see the positives, but here you only see the negative goddamnit. That’s not good. Buona giornata.”

Luckily, Allegri had spoken in an earlier part of the press conference when he was less incensed, at which time he had talked about Mario Mandzukic being out and other team news.

“It’s difficult for Mandzukic to make it for the game. We’ll assess him today, but he’s unlikely to be there. Paulo Dybala and Juan Cuadrado are available.

“As for the rest I don’t know what to tell you, because we’ll train today and after that I’ll work out who will play tomorrow.”

Will he take a conservative approach to tomorrow’s game with Juve holding a lead?

“First of all they’re two different games. Sunday was a League game and this is a knockout game.

“We have this important objective, to reach the Coppa Italia final for the third year in a row, then go to Rome and try to win it.

“It won’t be easy, because tomorrow’s game will be very open. Napoli are a team who played well on Sunday from a technical point of view, they caused us problems but we have everything it takes to reach the final.

“We need to be very different in technical terms to what we showed on Sunday, technically we got a lot wrong and that meant we couldn’t develop the play and that’s why we were more defensive.

“We gave away two or three shots after we’d cheaply given the ball away, so we definitely need to play a different game from that point of view.

“If you’re technically better you’ll have more of the ball, which means you have to defend less.”

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
130799 messaggi

20rp55t.jpg

swcy9l.png

NAPOLI - JUVENTUS

1270.png      1242.png

TIM CUP - SEMIFINAL

Mandzukic out of Napoli-Juve

http://www.football-italia.net/100641/mandzukic-out-napoli-juve

Apr 4, 2017

Max Allegri named the Juventus squad for tomorrow night’s Coppa Italia semi-final against Napoli, missing Mario Mandzukic.

The first leg ended 3-1 in Turin and this decider is at the Stadio San Paolo just days after Sunday night’s 1-1 Serie A draw.

Mandzukic played in that game, but was struggling with a knee inflammation he sustained on international duty.

The Croatian striker is not part of the squad in Naples tomorrow, leaving Allegri with only three forwards: Gonzalo Higuain, Paulo Dybala and Juan Cuadrado.

Despite the shortage, teenage hitman Moise Kean is not called up.

Juventus squad for Napoli: Buffon, Neto, Audero, Chiellini, Benatia, Alex Sandro, Barzagli, Bonucci, Dani Alves, Rugani, Lichtsteiner, Pjanic, Khedira, Marchisio, Lemina, Asamoah, Sturaro, Rincon, Mandragora, Cuadrado, Higuain, Dybala

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
130799 messaggi

20rp55t.jpg

2yvo10i.jpg

NAPOLI - JUVENTUS

1270.png      1242.png

TIM CUP - SEMIFINAL

Allegri aware of tactical risks during Napoli draw

The decision to sit back and play for the 1-0 victory has split opinion among the Juve faithful

http://www.blackwhitereadallover.com/2017/4/4/15175402/juventus

-napoli-2017-serie-a-round-30-max-allegri-tactics

Apr 4, 2017

For Juventus, a draw last Sunday was a decent result. Against the best attacking side in the league, the defending champions had to dig deep to hold on to a valuable draw, which sees their lead at the top cut to 6 points. The decrease in their point advantage over Roma is disappointing, but Luciano Spalletti’s side have some difficult fixtures left on their schedule, while Juve arguably just got their toughest challenge out the way.

Juventus still have to travel to Rome to take on their title rivals, and that means Roma need to make up just 3 more points to ensure their championship fate rests solely on them for the remainder of the season. That’s a scary possibility, especially when the Bianconeri had seemed so comfortable at the top of the table. Even when the poor performance at Udinese ended in a 1-1 draw early last month, Roma’s loss the previous night to Napoli had seen Juve increase their lead slightly. It may have just been a point but they still managed to stretch the gap between first and second. This time around though, the deficit was cut.

When Sami Khedira put Juve in front at the San Paolo Stadium, we all knew what was coming next. Max Allegri done what Max Allegri does so often; he tried to protect a slender lead. Shutting up shop against such an attacking force for 83 minutes is brave, and if it pays off all well and good, but Napoli scored 68 goals in the league prior to Sunday night, adding their 69thlater on in the second half. It was a risk from Allegri to assume that they wouldn’t score at some point, and one that didn’t come off. In fact by the end of the match, Juve were more than happy to have come away with a point, such was Napoli’s dominance.

As soon as Khedira scored, Juve ceded possession to Napoli. They forced them to break them down if they wanted to take anything from the game. Instead of allowing the likes of Dries Mertens, Jose Callejon and Lorenzo Insigned to catch them on the counter attack, Allegri opted to make the opposition work hard for an equalizer. Napoli controlled play with 60% possession and 17 attempts, while Juve had just three shots on goal in the aftermath of Khedira’s goal and zero of them hit the target. Allegri knew he was handing control of Napoli’s destiny over to them, and trusted his players to soak up the pressure, perhaps even hoping they would add to the scoreline via quick break or a set-piece.

With their late returns from international duty, Juan Cuadrado and Daniel Alves were put on the bench. As was Paulo Dybala, still not fully fit following the injury he picked up at Sampdoria and Kwadwo Asamoah was chosen ahead of the more pacier, offensive minded Alex Sandro. Mario Lemina started on the right wing, while Miralem Pjanic played in front of Claudio Marchisio and Khedira. Chances are, Allegri didn’t even plan on scoring with the way he set his team up. The early goal from his German midfielder was just a bonus, giving his side something to protect.

Mario Lemina's heatmap

Looking at Lemina’s heatmap from whoscored.com, he was never given a particular position to play. His more natural position of central midfielder seen him push in at times, making Napoli play it wide and having to cross into a target man that wasn’t there. They had 22 crosses, with Allegri expecting Leonardo Bonucci and Giorgio Chiellini to rid of any danger. The problem was when Napoli got the ball on the ground, they were unplayable. Their front three switched around, causing problems for Juve’s defence, while Marek Hamsik was uncovered most of the time he made his run from midfield, eventually sticking the ball in the back of the net.

Before Napoli did level, Allegri’s system and shape was working. Napoli were getting frustrated, and even had a goal disallowed for offside before they equalised. They created chances but the dark blue wall in front of them was looking like it would never break. The home side may have the best attack in the league but Juve have the best defence and it showed in Naples.

However, defending like they were forced to do for the majority of the game requires focus and assistance from teammates, two traits which are usually accustomed to Juve’s backline but which were absent for Hamsik’s goal.

Marek Hamsik's equaliser

Three Juve players (Bonucci, Marchisio and Lemina) surround Hamsik as he lays it off to Mertens. It’s an overcommitting on the individual but at least he’s being marked, and his planned run into the box seems to be dealt with. The problem is after Hamsik makes that run, Bonucci goes to cover the pass instead of the player, while Lemina and Marchisio just watch as he strolls into the box. Hamsik curls the ball into the top corner and it’s 1-1. Against talented and skilful offensive players, that lapse in concentration will always be punished.

The biggest concern for Juve’s faithful is whether or not this was a preview of the Barcelona tie that’s around the corner. Will Allegri simply allow Barca to control the play, constantly putting pressure on Juve’s defence while hoping for a counter attack goal? It’s a dangerous tactic, and one which didn’t exactly pay off last Sunday. Napoli have a similar offense to Barca with their front three always running around, switching positions to stretch the opposition, while their aerial attack isn’t as effective.

It remains to be seen what Allegri decides to do or what his intentions are for those two fixtures against Barcelona but as for the Napoli encounter, the 49-year-old set up to not lose against Napoli and he'll feel his decision was justified by the result.

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
130799 messaggi

20rp55t.jpg

swcy9l.png

NAPOLI - JUVENTUS

1270.png      1242.png

TIM CUP - SEMIFINAL

Insigne: 'Napoli-Juve different for me'

http://www.football-italia.net/100654/insigne-napoli-juve-different-me

Apr 4, 2017

Lorenzo Insigne admits as “the only Neapolitan in the squad, I have different emotions and another sense of responsibility” against Juventus.

The pair meet again in tomorrow night’s Coppa Italia semi-final, having drawn 1-1 in Serie A on Sunday.

“As everyone knows, there is a great rivalry between us and Juve, so with me being the only Neapolitan in the squad, I step on to the pitch with different emotions and another sense of responsibility,” he told Rai Sport.

“I always try to give my best for the team and the city anyway. I hope to score a goal, but what really counts is that we win. I’ll be happy even if the goalkeeper scores!

“We need a great performance and with the support of our fans we will try to achieve this objective.”

Napoli had taken the lead in Turin during the first leg, but were beaten 3-1 amid controversy.

“Many incidents happened, but we mustn’t find alibis, so have to focus on playing our game. It’s tough, but not impossible.

“The Juve Coach has many champions to choose from, but our squad is fantastic and we have an excellent playing style. We’ll try to make it difficult for Juve throughout the game.”

Gonzalo Higuain made his return to the Stadio San Paolo for the first time since pushing through his €90m transfer up north and was greeted by the crowd with non-stop jeers and insults. Did Insigne salute him?

“Yes, there was a normal hello, just as with all the Juve players who are part of the Nazionale.”

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
130799 messaggi

20rp55t.jpg

xlf6gm.gif

NAPOLI - JUVENTUS

1270.png      1242.png

TIM CUP - SEMIFINAL

Gonzalo Higuain, Juve return to Napoli

eyeing a spot in the Coppa Italia final

http://www.espnfc.co.uk/club/juventus/111/blog/post/3096335/gonzalo-higuain

-and-juventus-return-to-napoli-eyeing-a-spot-in-the-coppa-italia-final

Apr 5, 2017

A victim of their own success, Juventus will forever be criticised unless they win every match comprehensively. Never allowed an off day, the very fact the Bianconeri opted to play a defensive style of football against Napoli on Sunday evening has resulted in doubt about the brilliance of this team.

A country obsessed by negative perspectives, it seems Juventus can never struggle and no achievement is ever applauded. They should be winning every trophy, every match and every tournament they participate in. Nothing is considered an achievement but a mandatory procedure.

It is this very attitude that has sparked Massimiliano Allegri's anger. His accomplishments are not being properly judged and wins are expected and rarely praised. Juventus may not have been at their best on Sunday evening but many sides suffered a similar hangover after an International break. It is difficult to overcome the technical skills of Maurizio Sarri's side, especially when Juventus were missing their best players on the ball. Paulo Dybala was not in the greatest of conditions, Juan Cuadrado had only returned from Colombia on Friday and the rest of the squad were players who proved better off the ball than on it forcing a defensive style of play.

The very fact that the Old Lady can adapt to situations is a great quality. Replacing technical brilliance with tactical discipline earned Juventus the point and while they couldn't grasp complete control of the match, they managed to muzzle a side that gave Real Madrid a hard time. Juve were not playing Pescara, they were playing a side that won their Champions League group and currently reside in third place.

Juventus are still six points ahead of second-placed Roma in the league and against the Partenopei on Wednesday evening, Allegri is expected to play a more offensive game in the semifinal of the Coppa Italia. After all, this will be a knockout game and Juventus want to reach the final in hopes of winning another trophy.

Despite managing a 3-1 score line in Turin, they did concede an away goal and will want to score at least once to ensure a good result. With several technical players available for selection including Dybala and Cuadrado, the Bianconeri should provide Gonzalo Higuain with better service than he received on Sunday evening.

The Argentine's return to the Stadio San Paolo dominated headlines and many expected or rather hoped he would prove his doubters wrong and score. However, he was left isolated for much of the match and unable to provide the level of impact we have grown accustomed to watching.

While Dybala's absence proved frustrating for Higuain, the lack of service from the wide areas restricted the forward from unleashing his lethality in front of goal. Kwadwo Asamoah has struggled the last two times he has played against Napoli and simply cannot command the left lane as well as Alex Sandro. His performance proved so poor that Mario Mandzukic was tasked with contributing more to the defensive side of the game than the attack. Stephan Lichtsteiner provided even less attacking verve on the right and in a match that will require Juve to score, it seems Allegri may rely on Dani Alves to provide the goods.

The Brazilian is somewhat of a liability at the back but going forward he has proved spectacular at picking out his teammates and delivering the right pass to pierce opposing defences. His ability on the ball should help Juventus play a more attacking game even if he may expose the back line a bit. While Allegri will seemingly prefer to play Cuadrado on the right of the trident and Stefano Sturaro on the left in the upcoming match, one wonders whether it would be better to keep Lichtsteiner in the back four, but allow Alves to play further ahead, free of defensive responsibilities. With both present on the right, Juventus can command the wide area.  

Cuadrado is an important player and his pace makes the difference but Alves is better at providing the width and his decision making in the final third has made the difference in the past. The Colombian is yet to put thought into his moves to ensure the runs he makes are decisive and not an experiment in expending energy.

Anything short of a win will result in even more criticism aimed at the Old Lady. Considering the squad need to be at their best and most confident for the match against Barcelona next week, Allegri will hope his players will respond on the pitch and prove why they should never be doubted.  

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
130799 messaggi

20rp55t.jpg

swcy9l.png

NAPOLI - JUVENTUS

1270.png      1242.png

TIM CUP - SEMIFINAL

Juve opt for Benatia over Chiellini?

http://www.football-italia.net/100671/juve-opt-benatia-over-chiellini

Apr 5, 2017

Juventus boss Max Allegri will reportedly opt for Medhi Benatia over Giorgio Chiellini in central defence against Napoli this evening.

The Bianconeri take on Maurizio Sarri’s side in the second leg of the Coppa Italia semi-final at 20:45 CET - 19:45GMT, with Juve 3-1 up from the first leg.

It is to be a repeat of Sunday’s fixture when Napoli came back from a goal behind to secure a 1-1 draw at the Stadio San Paulo.

Neto looks set to replace Gianluigi Buffon in goal, whilst Amadou Diawara may replace Jorginho in the centre of midfield for Napoli.

Allegri confirmed in his Press conference yesterday that Mario Mandzukic will likely miss the match through injury, with Stefano Sturaro favourite to replace him on the left of a trio of forwards that will support Gonzalo Higuain.

Predicted lineups:

Napoli (4-3-3): Reina; Hysaj, Albiol, Koulibaly, Ghoulam; Zielinski, Diawara, Hamsik; Callejon, Mertens, Insigne.

Juventus (4-2-3-1): Neto; Dani Alves, Bonucci, Benatia, Alex Sandro; Khedira, Pjanic; Cuadrado, Dybala, Sturaro; Higuain.

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
130799 messaggi

20rp55t.jpg

smrn9d.jpg

NAPOLI - JUVENTUS

1270.png      1242.png

TIM CUP - SEMIFINAL

JUVENTUS FANS FIND A WAY TO

OVERCOME NAPOLI STADIUM BAN

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2701698-juventus-fans

-find-a-way-to-overcome-napoli-stadium-ban

Apr 5, 2017

When Gonzalo Higuain stepped out at the Stadio San Paolo on Sunday evening, the Juventus striker would've struggled to spot a friendly face. Aside from his Bianconeri team-mates, the ground that had once been his home was now filled with 53,000 fans who showered him with hate.

Armed with thousands of blue whistles handed out by the Napoli ultras, they made their feelings towards the Argentinian striker abundantly clear throughout the 90 minutes. Angry at his decision to leave them last summer for the Turin giants, their previous adulation of him long since forgotten.

Higuain could not even count upon a travelling band of Juve supporters to back him up. As a matter of safety, the city's prefect Carmela Pagano banned any visiting fans from gaining access to the stadium, citing reasons of "public order and security" for the decision, per Forza Italian Football.

Tickets were reserved exclusively for residents of the local Campania region and holders of Napoli's Azzurro Card, Fan Away or Fan Stadium memberships, with those found in breach of the decision and attempting to get around it almost certain to have their loyalty programme revoked as punishment.

However, those measures did not deter everyone, with a small number of supporters still taking the chance to watch their team. Indeed, just like in most Italian cities, there are some Juventus fans—either those born in Naples or who moved there for work later in life—who only get to see the Bianconeri in action whenever they play under the shadow of Mount Vesuvius.

To find out just how the evening went for them, Bleacher Report talked to one such supporter, Roberto. He opted to go to the game and stand among the Napoli fans, explaining his feelings as the 1-1 draw played out as he and a friend were surrounded by the vociferous home crowd:

"It wasn't easy, of course. My friends and family know who I support but just the two of us headed to the stadium, not wearing any clothes or colours that would show we are Juventus fans.

"There was so much noise when Higuain came out to warm up, but it was a lot more quiet when Sami [Khedira] scored so early in the match, we struggled not to cheer that one. Napoli came back of course, and after 95 minutes we were lucky not to lose, Napoli were controlling the spaces and came close to winning the match with Dries Mertens a few times.

"A draw was not the best result for them but for Juve it was OK. Hopefully when we go back this week they can win and we can have fun at work in the next few days."

Some fans were not so fortunate, however, as the video below shows a mother and two children caught cheering for Juventus who were ejected from the stadium long before the final whistle.

Napoli supporters certainly did not hold back in their displeasure, insulting them and then chanting for them to be thrown out, which was probably the safest course of action for everyone concerned.

However, the aforementioned restrictions on travelling supporters meant that those brave few were certainly in the minority. The rest of Juve's regular match-going fans had to find an alternative, gathering to watch the big game back in Turin at various bars around the Piedmont capital.

Situated on the outskirts of the city not far from Juventus Stadium, the trendy La Bottega del Tifoso is certainly one of those. "It's a calm atmosphere there," one fan, Marco, told Bleacher Report. "People don't sing and shout, they eat dinner while watching the match on television, not exactly what people think of when you talk about Napoli-Juve."

The same is certainly not true of the Huntsman pub. Near Turin's main railway station, it lives a strange life, taken over by the fans of whoever happen to be playing on a given night. It is often the location for the supporters of clubs for teams such as Cagliari and Palermo, but also for Juventus and Torino when they play away from home.

"It's a great place," said Andrea after visiting during Sunday's top-of-the-table clash. "Last night it was full of Roma fans watching their win over Empoli, then tonight the atmosphere was completely different as the black and white took over."

Juventus fans after the game.
Juventus fans after the game.Adam Digby

The game petered out into a 1-1 draw that saw Juventus maintain a six-point gap over the chasing pack, just eight more matches between the Old Lady and yet another Scudetto. However, before she can chase more league points, there is the small matter of Wednesday's Coppa Italia semi-final second leg with Napoli that will mean yet another trip south.

Fans have again been banned from making that journey to follow their team, so many supporters will be looking for a place to take in the action on television, while a small band of supporters hope to slip into the Stadio San Paolo undetected.

Hopefully one day soon the vitriol can ease and the security and behaviour will improve so these measures are unnecessary, but until then the bars and restaurants will provide the only venues.

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
130799 messaggi

20rp55t.jpg

swcy9l.png

NAPOLI - JUVENTUS

1270.png      1242.png

TIM CUP - SEMIFINAL

Reina in Napoli squad

http://www.football-italia.net/100678/reina-napoli-squad

Apr 5, 2017

Pepe Reina is in the Napoli squad, so could face Juventus tonight in the Coppa Italia.

The goalkeeper withdrew from the Spain squad, and missed the Serie A draw with the Bianconeri on Sunday.

The Partenopei have been working hard to have their ‘keeper available for tonight, as they seek to overturn a 3-1 defeat in Turin.

This afternoon Maurizio Sarri has named his squad for the match, and Reina has been included, meaning he could start at San Paolo.

Captain Marek Hamsik is also included, having been substituted with an injury after scoring on Sunday.

Napoli squad to face Juventus: Rafael, Reina, Sepe, Albiol, Maksimovic, Ghoulam, Hysaj, Koulibaly, Maggio, Chiriches, Strinic, Allan, Diawara, Rog, Hamsik, Jorginho, Zielinski, Giaccherini, Callejon, Insigne, Mertens, Pavoletti, Milik

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
130799 messaggi

20rp55t.jpg

swcy9l.png

NAPOLI - JUVENTUS

1270.png      1242.png

TIM CUP - SEMIFINAL

Biglia: ‘Napoli can knock out Juventus’

http://www.football-italia.net/100689/biglia-‘napoli-can-knock-out-juventus’

Apr 5, 2017

Lazio captain Lucas Biglia believes Napoli can pull off a comeback against Juventus “but it won’t be easy”.

The Biancocelesti are already in the Coppa Italia final, and the other finalist will be decided at San Paolo tonight.

Juve are the defending champions and hold a 3-1 lead from the first leg, but the Aquile midfielder doesn’t think the tie is over.

“After the game on Sunday I think Napoli can come back,” Biglia told ESPN.

“They have great quality and excellent players, they’re one of the best teams in Italy and they have a Coach [Maurizio Sarri] who has them playing good football.

“They’ll be well-prepared for the game but it won’t be easy.”

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
130799 messaggi

20rp55t.jpg

swcy9l.png

NAPOLI - JUVENTUS

1270.png      1242.png

TIM CUP - SEMIFINAL

Coppa line-ups: Napoli-Juventus

http://www.football-italia.net/100699/coppa-line-ups-napoli-juventus

Apr 5, 2017

Napoli have Pepe Reina and Arkadiusz Milik in the starting XI of the Coppa Italia semi-final, as Juventus go with Paulo Dybala and Gonzalo Higuain.

The first leg ended 3-1 for the Bianconeri in Turin amid controversy over some refereeing decisions and the winner goes on to face Lazio in the Final.

This encounter comes after Sunday’s 1-1 Serie A draw at the Stadio San Paolo, where Higuain was jeered at every touch on his return to Naples following the €90m transfer.

Pipita leads the line again, but this time with support from Dybala, Juan Cuadrado and Stefano Sturaro, as Mario Mandzukic is injured.

Miralem Pjanic is benched, as Tomas Rincon partners Sami Khedira in midfield, while Medhi Benatia steps in for Giorgio Chiellini and there’s Brazilian flair on the flanks for Dani Alves and Alex Sandro.

As always in the Coppa Italia, Gigi Buffon leaves centre stage to Norberto Neto.

Napoli have their first choice goalkeeper back after Reina missed international duty with Spain and Sunday’s match with a calf injury, so Rafael Cabral returns to the bench.

Maurizio Sarri makes numerous changes, including Poland international Milik as the centre-forward, sending Dries Mertens to the bench.

He is flanked by Jose Callejon and Lorenzo Insigne, while Marek Hamsik is fit to start in midfield with Piotr Zielinski and Amadou Diawara rather than Allan and Jorginho.

Vlad Chiriches and Faouzi Ghoulam switch up the defence too, but Emanuele Giaccherini and Lorenzo Tonelli are unavailable.

Sarri can’t take too many chances, because this Sunday they have a massive head-to-head for third place in Serie A with Lazio.

Juventus have won just one of their last 10 Serie A visits to Naples, 3-1 in January 2015, along with three draws and six defeats.

Napoli: Reina; Hysaj, Chiriches, Koulibaly, Ghoulam; Zielinski, Diawara, Hamsik; Callejon, Milik, Insigne

Napoli bench: Rafael, Sepe, Strinic, Allan, Jorginho, Maggio, Mertens, Maksimovic, Rog, Pavoletti, Albiol

Juventus: Neto; Dani Alves, Bonucci, Benatia, Alex Sandro; Rincon, Khedira; Cuadrado, Dybala, Sturaro; Higuain

Juventus bench: Buffon, Audero, Lichtsteiner, Barzagli, Chiellini, Rugani, Asamoah, Marchisio, Lemina, Pjanic, Mandragora

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
130799 messaggi

20rp55t.jpg

swcy9l.png

NAPOLI - JUVENTUS

1270.png      1242.png

TIM CUP - SEMIFINAL

Sturaro: 'Difficult for Juventus'

http://www.football-italia.net/100701/sturaro-difficult-juventus

Apr 5, 2017

Stefano Sturaro warns Juventus to “expect a difficult game” against Napoli in the Coppa Italia semi-final tonight.

“I expect a difficult game this evening. It’s never easy at the San Paolo, but we want to get through to the next round,” the midfielder told JTV.

Juve won the first leg 3-1 in Turin, so a 2-0 victory tonight would send Napoli through on away goals.

“Napoli will certainly want to overturn the result, but we have to try and score anyway.”

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
130799 messaggi

20rp55t.jpg

swcy9l.png

NAPOLI - JUVENTUS

1270.png      1242.png

TIM CUP - SEMIFINAL

HT 0-1: Higuain silences Napoli crowd

http://www.football-italia.net/100701/sturaro-difficult-juventus

Apr 5, 2017

Gonzalo Higuain has given Juventus the half-time lead at the Stadio San Paolo, so Napoli need to win 3-1 to force Coppa Italia semi-final extra time.

These sides had already met here three days ago for a 1-1 Serie A draw, but this was the fight to see who’d take on Lazio for the Coppa Italia Final. The first leg ended 3-1 in Turin amid controversy, so the Partenopei needed a 2-0 win tonight to go through on away goals.

There were numerous changes from Sunday’s game, including the return of Pepe Reina from a calf injury, Arkadiusz Milik replacing Dries Mertens, Paulo Dybala and Juan Cuadrado stepped in with Mario Mandzukic unavailable.

In the opening stages it was wide open, as Leonardo Bonucci made a decisive last-ditch tackle after Lorenzo Insigne had already skipped past Dani Alves, then Reina rushed out to meet a risky Amadou Diawara back-pass.

On 12 minutes it would’ve been a stunning goal for Napoli, as Milik’s back-heel flick saw Insigne roll across for Jose Callejon, only to fire straight at Neto from point-blank range.

There was a double howler, as Vlad Chiriches rolled a terrible back-pass straight to Tomas Rincon, who did even worse by blasting over undisturbed from 12 yards.

Moments later, Juve did take the lead, as Higuain’s shot from 20 metres went through Chiriches’ legs and Reina got down very late as it squirmed into the near bottom corner. Pipita celebrated by turning to the stands and pointing to where Napoli President Aurelio De Laurentiis usually sits. Higuain had made the same gesture during the warm-up, seemingly telling the fans to blame the patron for his departure.

Napoli fought back, Marek Hamsik’s volley going wide, then Alex Sandro made a decisive interception as Callejon tried to control an Insigne chipped pass.

Kalidou Koulibaly nodded a free kick over the bar in first half stoppages.

Napoli 0-1 Juventus (Half-Time, 1-4 agg)

Higuain 32 (J)

Napoli: Reina; Hysaj, Chiriches, Koulibaly, Ghoulam; Zielinski, Diawara, Hamsik; Callejon, Milik, Insigne

Juventus: Neto; Dani Alves, Bonucci, Benatia, Alex Sandro; Rincon, Khedira; Cuadrado, Dybala, Sturaro; Higuain

Ref: Banti

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
130799 messaggi

20rp55t.jpg

xofhxd.jpg

NAPOLI - JUVENTUS

1270.png      3-21242.png

Aggregate 4-5

Gonzalo Higuaín 32'

Marek Hamsik 53'

Gonzalo Higuaín 58'

Dries Mertens 61'

Lorenzo Insigne 67'

TIM CUP - SEMIFINAL

Napoli 3 Juventus 2 (4-5 agg): Higuain double

books Coppa Italia final spot

Lazio will face Juventus in the final of the Coppa Italia on June 2

after the Serie A leaders beat Napoli 5-4 on aggregate.

222828990-25d43ac8-5444-4300-af6a-f365c4

http://www.goal.com/en/match/napoli-vs-juventus/2403119/report

Apr 5, 2017

Gonzalo Higuain scored twice against former club Napoli as Juventus booked their place in the final of the Coppa Italia despite losing 3-2 at Stadio San Paolo on Wednesday.

Juve had a two-goal cushion from February's first encounter between the sides and the holders progressed 5-4 on aggregate after a thrillingly chaotic cup clash.

Higuain was on target in his side's 3-1 first-leg win in Turin and, after being approached by a pitch invader armed with a Napoli scarf, he found the bottom-right corner from just outside the box and appeared to celebrate by pointing and shouting angrily at supporters in the stands.

Napoli captain Marek Hamsik prompted hopes of a fightback by finishing off a flowing move early in the second half, but Higuain's powerful shot quickly restored Juve's advantage.

Dries Mertens scored 10 seconds after coming on as a substitute and Lorenzo Insigne struck to set up a dramatic finale, but Juve held out to book a final against Lazio as they seek a third straight Coppa title.

Massimiliano Allegri's men are still on track for the treble as they have a six-point lead at the top of Serie A and face Barcelona in the Champions League quarter-finals.

Juventus opened the scoring after six minutes when the teams drew 1-1 in Serie A on Sunday and they almost made a similarly fast start, only for Alex Sandro to see his shot blocked.

But it was Napoli who created the first big chance after 11 minutes as Arkadiusz Milik's backheel freed Lorenzo Insigne in the left side of the penalty area.

Insigne squared for Jose Callejon, but Neto brilliantly blocked his close-range effort, then Sandro's low drive from long distance was comfortable for Pepe Reina.

Tomas Rincon should have made the tie safe for Juve on the half-hour mark but, when presented with a simple opening by a terrible Vlad Chiriches backpass, he somehow blazed over the crossbar.

That miss was soon forgotten as Higuain, who did not record a single touch in the Napoli box at the weekend, opened the scoring with a superb strike from outside the area.

Stefano Sturaro laid the ball off to the Napoli favourite, who took a touch to set himself and bent an unstoppable low shot into Reina's bottom-right corner.

Napoli needed a goal early in the second half to boost their chances and they got one after 53 minutes.

Hamsik scored Napoli's equaliser against Juve on Sunday and he was again on the scoresheet, placing a shot into Neto's bottom-left corner to give the hosts belief.

Higuain appeared to have extinguished Napoli's slim chances by smashing Juan Cuadrado's right-wing cutback into the roof of the net, but substitute Mertens tapped in with his first touch after Neto allowed a throw-in to squirm under his foot.

Superb play from Callejon presented Insigne with a simple close-range finish after 67 minutes to put Napoli ahead on the night, but they still trailed by a single goal on aggregate.

Allegri made defensive changes to help his side close the tie out and Juve will face Lazio – who beat rivals Roma – in the Coppa Italia final at the Stadio Olimpico on June 2.

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
130799 messaggi

20rp55t.jpg

xofhxd.jpg

NAPOLI - JUVENTUS

1270.png      3-21242.png

Aggregate 4-5

Gonzalo Higuaín 32'

Marek Hamsik 53'

Gonzalo Higuaín 58'

Dries Mertens 61'

Lorenzo Insigne 67'

TIM CUP - SEMIFINAL

Napoli fan invades pitch to confront Higuain during Juventus clash

The Argentine was given a rough ride during Tuesday's Coppa Italia tie,

with one fan running onto the pitch before being stopped by security.

213730059-6c4170ed-3491-4a60-801b-36ffe7

http://www.goal.com/en/news/723/serie-a/2017/04/05/34339472/

pitch-invader-confronts-higuain?ICID=TP_HN_HP_RI_0_2

Apr 5, 2017

Gonzalo Higuain was accosted by a pitch invader during a clash between Juventus and his former side Napoli. 

The Argentine, who moved to Turin last summer after three seasons in southern Italy, was given a rough reception upon his return to San Paolo on Tuesday.

The second leg of the clubs' Coppa Italia semi-final was marked by jeers and boos towards the striker, and one fan went even further. 

Slipping security around the pitch perimeter, the individual was decked in a Superman shirt as he tried to approach Higuain. 

He appeared to try and drape a Napoli scarf around his former idol's shoulders, but was stopped by officials before contact was made. 

Higuain's €90 million move to Juve caused outrage amongst Napoli fans, leading to shirts with his name being burned and rolls of toilet paper produced carrying his likeness.

Abused by home supporters during the warm-up, he had earlier signalled towards the San Paolo directors' box in an apparent effort to shift the blame for his departure onto the Napoli president, Aurelio De Laurentiis.

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
Ospite
Questa discussione è chiusa.
Accedi per seguire   

• Chi sta navigando   0 utenti

Nessun utente registrato visualizza questa pagina.

• Crea Nuovo...