Giorgio Chiellini 55'

QUARTER FINALS - FIRST LEG

Tuesday, April 11th, 2017 - 8:45 p.m.
Juventus Stadium, Turin
Referee: Szymon Marciniak (Poland)

'Messi is Messi, I'm Paulo' - Dybala dismisses

hero comparisons after downing Barca

The Juventus attacker struck twice to outshine his compatriot in Turin on

Tuesday and further distanced himself from being labelled his successor.

15gukwx.jpg

http://www.goal.com/en/news/8/main/2017/04/12/34528172/-

Apr 11, 2017

Tifosibianconeri English page - CLICK HERE

Juventus forward Paulo Dybala does not want to be put in the same bracket as Lionel Messi despite downing the Barcelona icon and his illustrious team-mates.

Dybala netted a brilliant first-half brace as the Serie A titleholders comprehensively beat Barca 3-0 in the first leg of their Champions League quarter-final at Juventus Stadium.

Already viewed in some quarters as Messi's heir for the Argentina national team, Dybala's match-winning display brought forth further superlatives, with veteran Juve goalkeeper Gianluigi Buffon saying he has the ability to be considered one of the three best players in the world.

Nevertheless, Dybala was keen to stay in the moment after a dominant victory that will live long in the memory – provided Massimiliano Allegri's side avoid the type of improbable capitulation Paris Saint-Germain suffered in the previous round at Camp Nou.

"Messi is Messi, the one who plays for Barca," he told TV3. "I'm Paulo, I'm happy but we know that it will not end here and that it will not be easy at Camp Nou.

"I try to enjoy these moments and not think about what's going to happen. I will do everything to get as far as possible."

Dybala has also been touted as a possible transfer target for Barcelona, with club great Xavi describing him as a perfect fit for the Spanish champions.

His clinical showing in Turin is likely to increase the clamour further but the 23-year-old explained he is close to agreeing a news deal with Juventus.

"I am very happy at Juventus," he added.

"My renewal is very close, people are very fond of me and I will give more joy to the fans."

Condividi questo messaggio

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
130865 messaggi

2afkcg0.jpg

xlf6gm.gif

JUVENTUS - BARCELONA

5zk2vt.png3-0  -  2017.png

Paulo Dybala 7'

Paulo Dybala 22'

Giorgio Chiellini 55'

Juventus Stadium, Turin

Lionel Messi was good but Paulo

Dybala better as Juve beat Barcelona

<br/><a href="http://oi68.tinypic.com/bdseu1.jpg" target="_blank">View Raw Image</a>

http://www.espnfc.co.uk/blog/the-match/60/post/3101838/paulo-dybala

-and-juventus-get-the-better-of-lionel-messi-and-barcelona

Apr 12, 2017

TURIN, Italy -- Lionel Messi was thoroughly outstanding despite Barcelona's 3-0 defeat to Juventus on Tuesday night in a first-leg Champions League quarterfinal match. When Barca lost 4-0 to Paris Saint-Germain in the last-16 first leg, it appeared that the great man's powers were finally waning, but his showing in Turin should refute such an idea. While Juventus played well, with manager Max Allegri's careful tactical plan delivering optimum results, they were still fortunate to escape suffering at the hands of Messi's genius.

From two passes of superhuman accuracy, Messi deserved better than Andres Iniesta's first-half miss, while in the second half, Juve goalkeeper Gianluigi Buffon was required to deliver his own brand of genius and save a Luis Suarez shot to deny Barca an away goal.

Instead, Messi and his teammates were sunk by the finishing of Paulo Dybala. First, Dybala curved in from the flank and curled a shot around Barca keeper Marc-Andre ter Stegen in the seventh minute, and then thrashed home a second goal in the 22nd minute after Mario Mandzukic laid off the ball in the inside-right channel. Dybala may brush aside comparisons to his Argentine compatriot Messi, but on Tuesday night Dybala announced himself as a talent who might one day accompany, and eventually supplant, Barcelona's idol for both club and country.

"As a kid I dreamed of moments like this," Dybala said in the immediate aftermath. "Today I made it happen. It was a great performance. We knew that we needed to win without conceding any goals, and we did it."

Those fireworks confirmed Barca legend Xavi's prematch opinion that Dybala, 23, is "the right player for us" and a "natural talent already very ready to play for Barcelona."

At present there seems to be no vacancy in Barcelona's team, but that may not be long in coming. While Messi glittered all game despite being forced to do much of his work in midfield, Suarez was somewhat off the pace, a bruiser rather than cruiser as he battled in vain with Giorgio Chiellini and Leonardo Bonucci. Messi will be 30 in June; Suarez passed that mark in January. Since Barca manager Luis Enrique is moving on in the summer, a new coach may want something different from Barcelona's attack.

Neymar, just 25, was far quieter than when he played the hero of the 6-1 second-leg comeback against Paris Saint-Germain in the last-16. He may have been distracted by the three-match ban handed out earlier on Tuesday by Spanish football authorities, meaning he will miss Barcelona's April 23 Clasico, which will probably decide La Liga.

Meanwhile, Juventus would prefer that any speculation about Dybala is put to one side for the moment, with the player himself indicating his desire to stay on in Turin for a little while longer. "I am very happy at Juventus; my contract renewal is very close and I want to make the most of what we are doing here," he said.

Departure day will come soon enough, however, since Juve's status as Italian football's perennial dominant force never stopped them from selling players such as Zinedine Zidane in 2001 or Paul Pogba last summer to pay for their next team. Gianluigi Buffon, expected to become part of Juve's hierarchy when he hangs up his gloves, seemingly spoke for the organisation after the match.

"Dybala has grown exponentially over the last two years," Buffon said afterward, adopting the tones of a sporting director.

"When I talk to directors or friends in football, I've been saying for a while that he is good enough to be in the top five players in the world and wouldn't be out of place in the top three. Having said that, he needs to prove it every time and with regularity to show he is worthy of our expectations of him."

Allegri, during a news conference at which he thoroughly enjoyed himself even though the job is only half-done, was playful when asked about Juve's latest shining star. "Paulo played a great game, but I don't need to tell you that," he said.

On Tuesday night, Dybala made a great leap into world football's broader consciousness and surged beyond the confines of Serie A, where his reputation has already been high. He made a €32 million arrival at Juventus (from Palermo) in June 2015 on the eve of the Champions League final that Juve lost 3-1 to Barcelona. Two seasons on, he served as Juve's match winner, taking them to the brink of revenge for that night in Berlin.

Dybala shone in the presence of Messi. There are comparisons to draw between the pair - for instance, they both were red-carded on their debuts for Argentina -- but on Tuesday at the Juventus Stadium, we saw that they are different players. Despite playing off centre-forward Gonzalo Higuain, Dybala is far more of a pure striker than Messi has ever been, and even at 23 years old, it's difficult to imagine Dybala conducting the orchestra as Argentine's elder statesman does. In this match, Messi tried to inspire a stirring push for an away goal that never came.

It should also be remembered that by the time he was 23, Messi was already the world's best. His performance in defeat in Turin reminded why he still retains that status.

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
130865 messaggi

2afkcg0.jpg

xofhxd.jpg

JUVENTUS - BARCELONA

Paulo Dybala 7'

Paulo Dybala 22'

Giorgio Chiellini 55'

Juventus Stadium, Turin

Beating Barca the best result of

my Juve career, says Allegri

A stunning 3-0 win over the Catalan side gave the Old Lady the advantage

in the Champions League tie, leaving their coach in awe of a "great" display.

2lo3ek9.jpg

http://www.goal.com/en/news/8/main/2017/04/12/34529062/-

Apr 12, 2017

Massimiliano Allegri said Juventus' 3-0 victory over Barcelona in the first leg of their Champions League quarter-final on Tuesday is his best result in three years at the club.

A brilliant first-half Paulo Dybala brace put Juve in control in Turin, with a header from Giorgio Chiellini providing the third goal after the interval.

Allegri's men are unbeaten in their last 18 continental home matches and the coach - who recently ended speculation linking him with Arsenal by signalling his intention to stay at Juve - hailed the performance of his side.

"Juventus have respect for Europe and above all are respected in Europe," Allegri told Mediaset Premium. "That is the greatest result of my three years here.

"It was a great performance, we played well technically both in attack and defence. It is the first step towards the semi-final, but the second leg will be a different matter.

"I cannot say what percentage our chances of progressing are. In Barcelona we are going to have aim to score goals."

Despite Juventus putting themselves in a superb position ahead of the return leg at Camp Nou, perfectionist Allegri believes his side could still improve.

"I am a dreamer, but also pragmatic and a realist," Allegri added. "We are in a growth process, I am happy with what the players are doing and we have made important steps forward in the last few years.

"We had several chances in the first half, moving the ball around and forcing them to shift, but we got a bit too greedy for an extra pass. That's something we need to work on and improve for the second leg.

"Juventus deserve credit, as everyone contributed to the defence by cutting off the passing channels, otherwise when the ball is at the feet of [Lionel] Messi, [Andres] Iniesta or [Luis] Suarez, you're going to have trouble.

"We were sharp, with good passing moves, but we could have done better and in some moments tried to make direct passes too often."

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
130865 messaggi

2afkcg0.jpg

2yvo10i.jpg

JUVENTUS - BARCELONA

Paulo Dybala 7'

Paulo Dybala 22'

Giorgio Chiellini 55'

Juventus Stadium, Turin

Allegri: We’ve achieved nothing yet

Manager calls for calm despite big Juventus win over Barcelona.

<br/><a href="http://oi67.tinypic.com/2vc6q1y.jpg" target="_blank">View Raw Image</a>

http://www.blackwhitereadallover.com/2017/4/12/15265828/allegri-weve

-achieved-nothing-yet-juventus-barcelona-3-0-recap-champions-league

Apr 12, 2017

Despite a big 3-0 win for Juventus over Barcelona in the first leg of the Champions League quarterfinal, manager Massimiliano Allegri insisted that the real work was yet to do.

“We are midway through because there are 45 days to the end of the season. Right now we haven’t won the Scudetto, Coppa Italia or reached the Champions League semi-final.

“What tonight’s game must do is give us more confidence and awareness of what this squad can achieve.

“It’s right to be happy with what we’ve done, but also to keep our feet on the ground and a sense of balance, as we’ve achieved nothing yet.

“Barcelona put six past Paris Saint-Germain, so we know it’s a complicated match. As I said yesterday, we need to make the most of our strengths and Barcelona’s weaknesses.”

He did acknowledge that today’s win would certainly catch the attention of the continent, admitting it was a goal of his.

“We must be aware that it was a great performance, we played well technically both in attack and defence. It is the first step towards the semi-final, the second leg will be a different matter.

“I am not capable of saying what our percentages are. In Barcelona we are going to have to play aiming to score goals.

“I am a dreamer, but also pragmatic and a realist. We’re on a growth process, I am happy with what the lads are doing and we’ve made important steps forward over the last few years.

“Juventus have respect for Europe and above all are respected in Europe. That is the greatest result of my three years here.”

On the game itself, Allegri was pleased with the team defence that his side showed.

“We had several chances in the first half, moving the ball around and forcing them to shift, but we got a bit too greedy for an extra pass. That’s something we need to work on and improve for the second leg.

“Juventus deserve credit, as everyone contributed to the defence by cutting off the passing channels and trajectories, otherwise when the ball is at the feet of Messi, Iniesta or Suarez, you’re going to have trouble.

“We were sharp, with good passing moves, but could’ve done better and in some moments tried to make vertical passes too often.

“The lads entertained everyone in the stadium and got a good result, but we mustn’t get distracted from the reality of the situation. We have to prepare for Pescara and ensure we win the Scudetto, fortunately I have a big squad and the decisive figures may well be those who didn’t play tonight.

“Dybala showed his quality with an extraordinary performance, though everyone was excellent tonight. His finishing was great, but I am happy for him as I am for all the players.

“There were a lot of expectations around this side to see if they were up to a quarter-final. It was a psychological test and we need to improve how we perform with this system.”

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
130865 messaggi

2afkcg0.jpg

xlf6gm.gif

JUVENTUS - BARCELONA

Paulo Dybala 7'

Paulo Dybala 22'

Giorgio Chiellini 55'

Juventus Stadium, Turin

Dybala sparkles as confident Juventus show

why they should be feared in UCL

<br/><a href="http://oi65.tinypic.com/2uo4320.jpg" target="_blank">View Raw Image</a>

http://www.espnfc.co.uk/club/juventus/111/blog/post/3100933/paulo-dybala-sparkles-

as-confident-juventus-show-why-they-should-be-feared-vs-barcelona-in-champions-league

Apr 12, 2017

Phenomenal Juventus defeated the almighty Barcelona 3-0 at home on Tuesday, proving that they are not only on par with the great European clubs, but that they are technically, tactically and physically better than the side that beat them in the 2015 Champions League final.

Playing with pace and power, Juventus started the match in aggressive fashion, pressing high up the pitch and looking to create chances quickly. The side are renowned for scoring quick goals in Serie A and they managed to do the same against Barcelona when Paulo Dybala curled in the opening goal in the seventh minute.

Confident and fluid, Juventus may have ceded possession, but they took control of the match as they consistently looked for vertical passes forward and showed all of their ambition. Impressive at absorbing the pressure before launching forward with speed, they stopped Barcelona from settling into the match by interrupting their ability to establish a rhythm.

Forced to consistently pass the ball laterally or even backwards, Barcelona struggled to get through a Juventus side that worked hard to close off all the avenues to goal and defended with unity. Scoring their third of the night, Juve eventually sat back and absorbed and finished with a clean sheet and a smile.

Positives

For so long now, Juventus have boasted a squad that was not only balanced but brimming with talent. The only problem was their inferiority complex. Many wondered if Juve would once again be intimidated by a side they so deeply respect, but Massimiliano Allegri's men chose to play with confidence and ambition instead, demonstrating why they should be the ones that other teams fear. If they continue to believe in themselves, there is no stopping a Juventus side that possess such balance.

Negatives

Truly none to speak of, but in the words of Allegri: "We had several chances in the first half, moving the ball around and forcing them to shift, but we got a bit too greedy for an extra pass." As long as Juventus keep it simple and maintain composure, knowing when to hold and when to play the quick vertical pass, they can progress far in this competition.

Manager rating out of 10

8 -- Juventus proved better on a technical, tactical and mental level on Tuesday and the fact that they started the match with so much aggression and confidence is down to Allegri, who has given the team belief. His decision to play an attacking game and field his most attacking players showed that he trusted them to do their job and they rewarded him by playing with no fear.

Player ratings (1-10; 10 = best; players introduced after 70 minutes get no rating)

GK Gianluigi Buffon, 7 -- Produced a phenomenal save to deny Andres Iniesta. The best goalkeeper in the world despite his age, he was simply unconquerable, remaining alert and concentrated to ensure a clean sheet.

DF Dani Alves, 8 -- The man who has often proved to be a defensive liability for Juventus this season played the game of his life, making Neymar look like an average player. Started off recklessly, but grew into the game and repeatedly won back possession.

DF Leonardo Bonucci, 6 -- His tackle on Luis Suarez will long live in memory. The player is immense when paired alongside Giorgio Chiellini. Closed down the opponents perfectly.

DF Giorgio Chiellini, 7 -- Put in a warrior-like game and always performs in the tough matches. King of the clearances, he helped lead from the back, got his head to everything and scored the third goal of the night.

DF Alex Sandro, 8 -- Produced a sensational performance, shutting down Lionel Messi, looking to be everywhere on the pitch and tackling to perfection. Is certainly one of the best left-backs in the world today.

MF Sami Khedira, 6 -- Allowed the rest of the team to shine with his hard work. Was tactically intelligent and always composed and has developed a fine partnership with Miralem Pjanic.

MF Miralem Pjanic, 7 -- Is the artist in midfield who makes the simple look brilliant. Positioned himself beautifully, showed his physical side and helped the team defend effectively. Recovered possession consistently and got the assist.

MF Juan Cuadrado, 7 -- Pushed well to overwhelm the opponents, delivered the assist that led to the opening goal and made the right decisions going forward. Is growing with each game.

Paulo Dybala celebrates after opening the scoring for Juventus in a Champions League win against Barcelona.
Lionel Messi who? Paulo Dybala's brace sparked Juventus to a big win that should have fellow UCL hopefuls worried.

MF Paulo Dybala, 9 -- Messi who? Scored two left-footed goals and demonstrated the beauty of his technique and the efficiency with which he plays. His vision, ability and confidence revealed exactly why he's set to be the next great football icon.

MF Mario Mandzukic, 7 -- What sacrifice, what defending, what exquisite leadership. Helped provide defensive cover, expended energy and delivered Dybala with the pass that led to his second goal.

FW Gonzalo Higuain, 7 -- Pulled defenders out of their positions and sacrificed to create space for his teammates. Helped the team defensively, but sadly missed his own chances to score.

Substitutes

MF Mario Lemina, N/A -- Helped Juventus close out the game.

MF Tomas Rincon, N/A -- Helped ensure solidity in the final few minutes.

DF Andrea Barzagli, N/A -- Was barely offered any time on the pitch.

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
130865 messaggi

2afkcg0.jpg

2yvo10i.jpg

JUVENTUS - BARCELONA

Paulo Dybala 7'

Paulo Dybala 22'

Giorgio Chiellini 55'

Juventus Stadium, Turin

Juventus vs. Barcelona 2017: Final score

3-0, Paulo Dybala double fuels Juve rout

Juventus made Barcelona look like a shell of the team that

beat them in the Champions League final two years ago.

<br/><a href="http://oi68.tinypic.com/12314ed.jpg" target="_blank">View Raw Image</a>

http://www.blackwhitereadallover.com/2017/4/12/15266546/juventus-barcelona

-2017-champions-league-quarterfinals-leg-1-final-score-recap-result

Apr 12, 2017

Wow.

Just wow.

That’s really all that you can say about that.

Juventus went into the first leg of the UEFA Champions League quarterfinal against Barcelona with all sorts of storylines flying. Chief amongst them was the revenge angle. After the heartbreaking 3-1 loss to the Catalans in the final of this competition two seasons ago, revenge was the easiest story to take on. Leonardo Bonucci put the flame to the fuse on that storyline before the draw last month, telling the club’s website (h/t Goal.com) that he wanted the chance to avenge the finals loss.

Other questions flew around. Could Barca keep up their play after their incredible comeback from a 4-0 first-leg loss to Paris Saint-Germain in the Round of 16, or had their efforts against PSG left them emotionally spent? Would selection issues leave Barca’s Luis Enrique at a disadvantage? Would Lionel Messi again stamp his dominance on European competition, or would Paulo Dybala, who is seen more and more as his successor at the international level for Argentina, announce himself to the world as truly world class? Would Massimiliano Allegri’s tactics skew more towards the cautious, defensive attitude of last Sunday’s Serie A clash with Napoli, or the more positive approach he took against the partenopei later that week in the second leg of the Coppa Italia semifinal?

Really, though, all of those questions were offshoots of the same central query: Would Juve assert themselves as contenders in Europe again, or were they still missing that one last thing to make them viable candidates to finally lift the trophy with the big ears after 21 years?

Allegri answered one of those questions within about 30 seconds. Barca took the opening kickoff, and immediately had members of Juve’s front four in their face. Forcing turnovers high up the pitch, they put Sami Khedira in position to test Marc-Andre ter Stegen from distance. The shot missed high, but not by all that much. It seemed small at the time, but it would turn into a massive statement of what was to come.

Juve’s continued pressing saw more possession in the attacking third, and within two-and-a-half minutes Andres Iniesta had hacked down Dybala for a foul. Miralem Pjanic’s delivery found Gonzalo Higuain totally unmarked, but his powerful downward header was put right at ter Stegen, and the German got down to block it.

The pressure continued. Mario Mandzukic nearly ran down ter Stegen in possession in his own six-yard box, as Barca struggled to set up the passing rhythm that has made them so successful over the last decade.

Then, seven minutes in, lightning struck.

It started with a good diagonal pass from Higuain. Taking the pass on the right wing, Juan Cuadrado danced into the box. Very often the Colombian’s penchant for some extra flair hurts his decision making, but this time he made the perfect choice. His square pass for Dybala was inch-perfect, and the 23-year-old controlled the ball with a single touch on his right before spinning and firing a trademark left-footed curler past ter Stegen and into the far end of the net. Juventus 1, Barcelona 0.

Cue ecstasy at the Juventus Stadium.

Juventus v FC Barcelona - UEFA Champions League Quarter Final: First LegPhoto by Emilio Andreoli/Getty Images

A goal so early could have been a blessing and a curse. Allegri has shown a marked tendency to pull back and defend early leads, especially against teams like the blaugrana. And at first it looked like it might play out that way. In the next 10 minutes they began to look a bit more like Barca, controlling possession. Juve’s defense managed to shepherd the ball into non-threatening areas, but still had to sweat through a speculative free kick from an angle by Messi.

When Barca starts taking that kind of possession, eventually the feeling settles in that a goal is sure to arrive.

It nearly did in the 21st minute, when Dani Alves fell asleep and let Iniesta through to latch on to a perfect Messi pass. In a 1-on-1 between one of the best midfielders in history and the greatest goalkeeper of all time, it was Gianluigi Buffon who won out, palming the ball beyond the far post with his left hand and depriving the opposing captain of an equalizer that could have changed the complexion of the game.

Instead it was still 1-0 — and Paulo Dybala wasn’t satisfied with that.

Less than 60 seconds after Buffon’s save, Mandzukic finished a run down the left wing by doinking a layoff pass off Sergi Roberto’s heel. Dybala ran onto it and lanced it first time to the near post. ter Stegen managed to put a hand on the shot, but it powered past and into the net. Juventus 2, Barcelona 0.

Cue delirium at the Juventus Stadium.

From that point on, managing the game became a much more viable option, and manage it Juve did. For almost the next 20 minutes Barca dominated possession, but where most teams run like rabbits to try to recover the ball, Juve kept their discipline and shape. Opponents were allowed to make lateral and backwards passes, but hardly ever able to do something incisive. Messi, despite putting in some good work, was often met by two and even three black-and-white shirts before having to dump the ball off. Messi did put the ball into the net, but was called back by the offside flag, and the margin remained two.

Just before the half, Juve finally relieved some of the pressure. A first extended spell of possession saw Alex Sandro slip a ball in to Higuain, who controlled well and unleashed a strike from distance that ter Stegen could only parry. The rebound nearly dropped straight into Dybala’s lap, but Jeremy Mathieu managed to clear the ball for a corner. A quarter-chance for Leonardo Bonucci was the result, and as the half-time whistle blew there was disbelief in the air: Juve had the 2-0 lead, and despite having surrendered the lion’s share of possession looked in control of the game.

Barca started the second half determined to at least get an all-important away goal, and it suddenly looked like it might be an end-to-end period of play. Messi bent a shot just wide only three minutes in, and Khedira missed by the width of the ball going the other way less than 60 seconds later. uarez’s cross barely missed Roberto, and Iniesta lifted the follow-up just over. Barca was threatening and threatening badly.

Then Juve sprang forward again. A quick break saw Higuain put straight through, but rather than pass to a wide-open Mandzukic he took an angled shot that ter Stegan blocked for a corner.

Juventus v FC Barcelona - UEFA Champions League Quarter Final: First LegPhoto by Emilio Andreoli/Getty Images

As Pjanic lined up the set piece, there was a noticeable mismatch in the box — Giorgio Chiellini was being marked by Javier Mascherano. When the delivery came in, the newly-mintedDottore Chiellini showed everyone that he does indeed know how to use his head. His header was powerful enough to root ter Stegen to the spot but at the perfect angle to bounce the ball off the inside of the post and into the net. Fifty-five minutes in, Juventus 3, Barcelona 0.

Cue bedlam at the Juventus Stadium.

In a vacuum 3-0 would be almost insurmountable, but in a two-legged tie a single away goal could change the face of the matchup. With that in mind Barca tried desperately to break Juve down. Buffon had to top a Suarez effort around the post after 67 minutes, and Cheillini looked for a moment to have gotten away with a blatant hand-ball in the box before replays showed the ball hitting his face and chest before contacting his arm. It was a remarkable no-call by referee Szymon Marciniak, who had some odd moments. Khedira was booked for diving after clearly being taken down, and Mandzukic received the same after tangling with Roberto that saw the Barca man scissor his opposite number to the ground.

The clock ticked down. Tomas Rincon and Andrea Barzagli arrived to bring in defensive steel and guile, respectively. When Marciniak blew his whistle after four minutes of stoppage time, it was all over. Juve had schooled Barca despite ceding 68.1 percent of the possession in the gam, according to WhoScored.com. Despite all the power of the attacking trio of Messi, Suarez and Neymar, they could not find a way through. Juventus would bring a massive 3-0 lead to Barcelona next week to look for their second semifinal berth in three years.

LE PAGELLE

Gianluigi Buffon - 9. He would get at least a 7.5 for his save on Iniesta alone. The extra points come from his impressive command of his defense, which is probably the one trait that no keeper before or since has mastered to his degree.

Dani Alves - 6.5. Committed more fouls than he should have and got booked for it. Fell asleep when Iniesta managed to menace Buffon.

Giorgio Chiellini - 8. Imperious. Dealt with balls in the box, intervened when passes came his way, and scored the game’s final goal with a textbook corner kick header.

Leonardo Bonucci - 7. Didn’t get the chance to rev up his passing game and nearly made a disaster of an attempted dribble in his own third.

Alex Sandro - 7. Excellent down the left. Overlapped well with Mandzukic when in possession and tracked back well to stop the attack.

Sami Khedira - 7. Did very well in this game to dictate the pace when Juve was in possession. On defense made a couple of crucial interventions.

Miralem Pjanic - 6.5. Did most of his damage on set piece deliveries. Didn’t do his best when Juve was in possession, but harassed Barca’s midfield in defense as well.

Juan Cuadrado - 7. I’m often very hard on Cuadrado, but despite the fact that he took a little too much time on his dance moves once in a while he had one of his better games. Faded a little in the second half when he didn’t have Mathieu to abuse down Barca’s left flank.

Paulo Dybala - 10. Yes. I gave him a 10. Are there problems with this?

Mario Mandzukic - 6.5. Another excellent shift defensively, also made a few good runs forward. Deserved an assist for Dybala’s second goal, but apparently it’s being looked at as a deflection by Roberto rather than a pass.

Gonzalo Higuiain - 6.5. This rating should have been so much higher. Higuain should’ve buried at least three chances. His rating is bumped up by an excellent shift tracking back and defending. Juve may have won big, but the supposed inability to score in big games is still going to dog Higuain until he proves otherwise...

SUBS

Mario Lemina - 6. Did what he had to do as Cuadrado left the game to nurse a minor knock. Didn’t take risks and didn’t let Barca’s left side blast off.

Tomas Rincon - NR. On for some extra grit in midfield, entered too late for a rating.

Andrea Barzagli - NR. On far too late to make an impression.

Manager: 8. Allegri pushed all the right buttons here. This was the best performance by an Allegri-coached side I’ve seen since...well, since he beat Barca 2-0 in the first leg of the Round of 16 in 2013 while coaching AC Milan. Now he has to make sure that history doesn’t repeat itself again in a week’s time.

TACTICAL ANALYSIS

Allegri loves formations that morph based on the situation. Last season, when faced with a selection crunch following an injury to Martin Caceres and the loss of Stephan Lichtsteiner due to a heart condition, he employed a hybrid 3-5-2/4-3-3, which transformed based on who was in possession. When Juve was in possession, Cuadrado would push up to the wing and Barzagli would play as a right wing. On defense, the BBC formed the impenetrable 3-5-2 wall.

Tuesday night’s formation was no exception. Much like at Napoli, Juve set up in a 4-2-3-1 in possession, but transitioned into a 4-3-3 when they did get the ball. That flexibility was key in meeting Barca’s attack. It shut down potential holes in the line and made it harder for Messi & Co. to find room to pass the ball forward.

The fact that he actually pressed and attacked was equally momentous. Allegri’s default against teams like this is to defend and play on the break. Not only did he push his players, forwards particularly, hard in the press, but while he did defend for extended periods he wasn’t looking to counter. Rather, when Juve did get possession they tended to build up slowly, allowing the defense to blow off a little steam before the next train came through. They defended to possess, rather defended to break. It’s an intriguing method, and one that can help the team compete with Europe’s ultimate elites.

There were a few things one could question (why did Lichtsteiner not play for a booked Alves? Why didn’t Barzagli come in earlier?), but all in all this was easily his best performance from the Juve bench.

JOB HALF DONE

There are still 90 minutes of football left to play. And if the J-Stadium is an intimidating place to play, the Camp Nou is downright terrifying.

PSG learned that the hard way, but this is not PSG. Scoring four would be a feat for Barca, especially if Juve plays the way they did tonight. Any goal scoring on Juve’s part would make it nearly impossible to get back into the game.

It’s a blessing that the game sandwiched between these two legs is against Pescara. The game against the delfini will allow for wholesale rotation to make sure everyone is rested for Wednesday. But a clear head is still required in the league.

During the march to the final in 2015 Juve had the luxury of a double-digit points lead in Serie A. Right now the margin is six, and Roma are on form. Any slip-up could a grand-stand finish for the scudetto, something Juve would desperately want to avoid — especially if they reach the semifinal.

But for the moment, savor this. A Juve win wasn’t preposterous, but no one expected this. It’s a signature win, and one that could leave the Champions League wide open for the taking.

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
130865 messaggi

2afkcg0.jpg

swcy9l.png

JUVENTUS - BARCELONA

Paulo Dybala 7'

Paulo Dybala 22'

Giorgio Chiellini 55'

Juventus Stadium, Turin

Juventus v Barcelona Player Ratings

It was a resounding 3-0 victory for Juventus over Barcelona,

but no prizes for guessing Tom Scholes’ Man of the Match.

<br/><a href="http://oi66.tinypic.com/dq27o4.jpg" target="_blank">View Raw Image</a>

http://www.football-italia.net/100995/juventus-v-barcelona-player-ratings

Apr 12, 2017

Gianluigi Buffon – 7

A great night for the captain who pulled off an incredible save from Andres Iniesta when the score was still just 1-0 to Juventus. Buffon wasn’t tested often during the 90 minutes, but was on hand to deal with any danger when called upon.

Alex Sandro – 8

The Brazilian was outstanding in all areas this evening, mixing his defensive duties well with his occasional attacking runs. In fact, it was quite an untypical Brazilian full-back performance, with Alex Sandro being very well disciplined when coming up against fellow countryman Neymar.

Leonardo Bonucci – 7
Solid at the back and very reliable on the ball, it’s a performance that we’ve come to expect from someone of the calibre of Bonucci. His defending tonight kept out Messi and Suarez and helped hold Juve together at the back, and was key to their win.

Giorgio Chiellini – 8

A goal and a brilliant performance at the back means Chiellini was another integral part to this fantastic victory. With Bonucci in the heart of the defence formed a brick wall when Barcelona attacked. The big Italian dealt with anything Messi, Suarez or Neymar came at them with.

Dani Alves – 7

Games and performances like this are why Max Allegri and Juventus brought Dani Alves to Turin, as the former Barcelona man showed his experience in a wonderful performance. Much like Alex Sandro on the opposite flank, Alves was up and down the wing whilst keeping his discipline very well.

Sami Khedira - 6

Unspectacular, but effective. That’s how Sami Khedira played this evening and he did his job very well. His performance meant that he had to be switched on at all times and occasionally a burst forward, but with how Barcelona played, he wasn’t allowed to. Khedira did his job very well with no fuss.

Miralem Pjanic – 7

Pjanic’s role in this game was slightly different to how he usually lines up, but the Bosnian was still impressive. It was a more of a defensive role alongside Khedira, but Pjanic still managed to influence the game and started a lot of moves by spraying passes.

Mario Mandzukic - 7
A common theme tonight with the Bianconeri players, but a disciplined performance on the left wing from Mario Mandzukic was a big part of the victory. His job was to help out his full-back and did a very good job in his defensive duties, as well as providing some good threat going forward – and an assist.

Juan Cuadrado – 7

Assisting Dybala for his first goal, Cuadrado was an important player on the attack for Allegri’s side. In the first 45 minutes, he had Jeremy Mathieu all over the place, turning him inside out every time. His tracking back was also important, and was very similar to Mandzukic in that regard.

Paulo Dybala – 8

This is the performance where non-watchers of Serie A took notice of how good Dybala can be. Two really well-taken goals in the first half set Juve on their way, and he was a constant threat in the middle driving at the weak Barcelona backline.

Gonzalo Higuain – 6

A very quiet night by Higuain’s standards, and will probably be remembered for his missed opportunities. The Argentinian striker probably should have had a few goals to his name, but was still a danger at times.

Subs:

Rincon – 6

The holding midfielder was brought on late in the game to sure things up in the middle of the park and did his job well. His steel in the centre added a bit more to an already defensive Juve, but he helped push the Old Lady over the line in the latter stages.

Mario Lemina N/A

Andrea Barzagli N/A

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
130865 messaggi

2afkcg0.jpg

swcy9l.png

JUVENTUS - BARCELONA

Paulo Dybala 7'

Paulo Dybala 22'

Giorgio Chiellini 55'

Juventus Stadium, Turin

Scary Old Lady

Paulo Dybala stole the headlines but, explains Adam Digby, Juventus’

comprehensive win over Barcelona belonged to the entire club.

<br/><a href="http://oi64.tinypic.com/30vm5ip.jpg" target="_blank">View Raw Image</a>

http://www.football-italia.net/101006/scary-old-lady

Apr 12, 2017

It is often said that revenge is a dish best served cold, with the idea that the passage of time often catches a victim unprepared for the retaliation being delivered upon them. Well, on Tuesday night in Turin, Max Allegri and Juventus handed Barcelona retribution that had been chilling under the alps for almost two years.

Obviously a Champions League Quarter Final between two of Europe’s most prestigious clubs was  already a high-pressure encounter and one which needed little fanfare, yet in the days before kick-off its significance was somehow being amplified. The Catalan giants – already trailing Real Madrid in La Liga –were looking to end Luis Enrique’s tenure with yet another major trophy, but from a Bianconeri perspective the tie had become the ultimate yardstick of their progress.

Everyone connected to the club, from players and Coach all the way up to President Andrea Agnelli and his cousin John Elkann, had made no secret that the time for success in Europe had arrived. Such statements are usually seen as counter-productive, the stress they place upon the collective shoulders of a team often too heavy to be carried and manifesting in sub-par performances once the action gets underway.

Yet the club would go further still, launching a social media campaign declaring “it’s time,” the likes of Paulo Dybala and Alex Sandro smearing black and white war-paint across their cheeks in a short video published and shared by the official website. Seemingly a way to express that the hour had arrived for the Old Lady to prove she belonged as a member of the small group of elite Champions League clubs, the same phrase was then boldly displayed in the choreography at Juventus Stadium as the competition’s famous anthem played.

A lesser team would’ve crumbled, its players unable to focus when going head-to-head with a side boasting the famous MSN attack of the Blaugrana. But this Juventus would not buckle, instead it seemed that the enormity of the occasion was exactly what they had been preparing for ever since they lost to Fiorentina back in January.

Those in Tuscany might not enjoy the thought that they inspired their bitter rivals to do so, but that match at the Stadio Artemio Franchi saw the Bianconeri completely out-played, the cautious approach Allegri had been taking throughout the first few months of the season laid to waste over 90 shocking minutes.

But while Viola supporters revelled in demolishing the reigning Serie A champions, the Juve boss made vital and perhaps overdue changes. Dropping the comfortable familiarity of the 3-5-2 framework, his 4-2-3-1 formation allowed more of Juve’s best figures to play together, pushed them to work harder for each other and saw the likes of Juan Cuadrado, Gonzalo Higuain and Dybala thrive.

Of course it will be the latter who is lauded, his two goals against Barça proving that talk of him as a future Ballon d’Or winner is not simply hyperbolic rhetoric, but this was a result and a performance that belonged to the entire club rather than just one man. It was a night that the Old Lady sent a message that will be heard across the continent as Juventus collectively showing that “it’s time” she was feared once again. 

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
130865 messaggi

2afkcg0.jpg

2ecg1uu.jpg

JUVENTUS - BARCELONA

Paulo Dybala 7'

Paulo Dybala 22'

Giorgio Chiellini 55'

Juventus Stadium, Turin

Dybala: “I’m very happy at Juventus,

my renewal is very close”

dybala-940x714.jpeg

http://www.juvefc.com/dybala-im-happy-juventus-renewal-close/

Apr 12, 2017

Paulo Dybala confirmed he’s happy at Juventus and a renewal of his deal is close, following Juve’s 3-0 victory over Barcelona in the Champions League.

Speaking after the incredible victory, La Joya spoke of what it meant to score against the Blaugrana and shrugged off speculation about his future.

“I think we put in a great performance, we made the most of the chances we had and it’s a positive result for what we’ll face at Camp Nou,” Dybala told Mediaset.

“I am very happy. Very happy because as a child I wanted to live these moments and today I managed it. We are all in a very positive moment with a lot of confidence and that’s important to go forward and achieve our objectives.

“We certainly cannot rest on our laurels. We know that we need a positive result in the second leg and keep a clean sheet, because it’s tough out there, tough – we all saw it.

“But we are a great team and can work together to do it.”

“My future? I’m very happy at Juventus, my renewal is very close and I want to take advantage of what I’m experiencing here,” he told Mega. “I’ll try to give a lot of joy to my fans.”

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
130865 messaggi

2afkcg0.jpg

xofhxd.jpg

JUVENTUS - BARCELONA

Paulo Dybala 7'

Paulo Dybala 22'

Giorgio Chiellini 55'

Juventus Stadium, Turin

Dybala was extraordinary - Allegri praises

Juventus striker after Barcelona double

With the second leg at Camp Nou only a week away, the Serie A leaders

are set to field a much-changed starting XI when they play Pescara.

2mzhd8p.jpg

http://www.goal.com/en/news/8/main/2017/04/12/34539682/-

Apr 12, 2017

Juventus boss Massimiliano Allegri labelled Paulo Dybala's performance against Barcelona as 'extraordinary' after the striker scored twice in a 3-0 win.

Dybala delivered a clinical display in front of goal as Juventus thrashed Luis Enrique's side in the first leg of their Champions League quarter-final.

And, while Allegri was keen to spread the praise around his whole team, he acknowledged the quality of Dybala's efforts against Barca.

Allegri said: "Dybala showed his quality with an extraordinary performance. He is a great player and he was magnificent. His finishing was great.

"But I am happy for him as I am for all the players. I'm delighted with the whole lot of them because they really were superb.

"We have strength throughout the squad and that is especially important in this period with all the games we have to play one after another. They all have a big part to play.

"We have done exactly what we were looking to do. We have shown people that we can hold our own in games like this."

Meanwhile, the Juve coach is now set to make major changes to his starting line-up for the Serie A match at Pescara on Saturday.

The top-flight leaders are away to bottom-of-the-table Pescara in a key match, with Roma sitting only six points behind them with seven matches to play in the Scudetto race.

But, with a trip to Camp Nou coming up next Wednesday and Juve on the brink of a Champions League semi-final spot, Allegri is ready to prioritise Europe.

"The lads entertained everyone in the stadium and got a good result," Allegri said.

"There were a lot of expectations around this side to see if they were up to a quarter-final. It was a psychological test and we got a big result.

"But there are 45 days to the end of the season. Right now we haven't won the Scudetto, Coppa Italia or reached the Champions League semi-final.

"We must not get distracted from the reality of the situation because now we have to prepare for Pescara and ensure we win the Scudetto.

"Fortunately I have a big squad and the decisive figures may well be those who didn't play this game.

"Barcelona put six past Paris Saint-Germain, so we know we have a difficult task in the second leg.

"This game must give us more confidence and awareness of what this squad can achieve. It is right to be happy with what we have done, but also to keep our feet on the ground and a sense of balance, as we have achieved nothing yet."

Juve's last Champions League triumph came in 1996 and they have since lost in four finals, most recently in 2015 against Barcelona.

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
130865 messaggi

2afkcg0.jpg

2ecg1uu.jpg

JUVENTUS - BARCELONA

Paulo Dybala 7'

Paulo Dybala 22'

Giorgio Chiellini 55'

Juventus Stadium, Turin

Juventus 3-0 Barcelona Champions

League Match Report and Player Ratings

Paulo Dybala and Alex Sandro stole the show as Juventus routed Barcelona

in a 3-0 first-leg victory in the Champions League quarter finals.

Juventus-940x627.jpeg

http://www.juvefc.com/juventus-3-0-barcelona-champions-league-match-report-player-ratings/

Apr 12, 2017

The game started at a frantic pace, at least for the home side, for we were berserker from the  whistle. First to every challenge, flooding forward in numbers and really should have taken the lead on merely 2’ when Higuain placed a free header straight at Stegen. It came as no surprise when we opened the scoring; Cuadrado dancing into the box playing a short ball to Dybala who turned and shot in one sumptuous motion, finding the corner of the net. Nothing more than we deserved for approaching the game on the front foot. All fangs bared and eyes blazing with welcome fury.

Barca tried to get back into the game, and were thwarted with a sublime save from the evergreen Santo Buffon as Messi found Iniesta in the box and his first time effort was superbly tipped wide by the veteran. Soon after we went straight up the other end to make it 2-0, Higuain, driving forward, finding Mandzukic who rolled the ball into the path of the onrushing Dybala, to this time strike first time a gorgeous drive curled into the far corner. Leaving the much vaunted Stegen appearing rather ordinary in comparison to his counterpart at the opposite end of the field.

We maintained control and composure despite sitting deep, defending in numbers and waiting for opportunities to strike on the counter. Though to be fair, we did find a resurgence in the visiting side after the break as they reverted to a more comfortable 4-3-3 bringing on a player we were mightily interested in previously, Andrea Gomes. Who proved lame.

Whilst they did produce more pressure, there were very few clear cut chances forged, such was our formidable focus and zeal.

Just shy of the hour mark, Pjanic played a delightful corner into the box and Kaiser Chellini was on hand to muscle out the dwarf Mascherano to direct a towering header into the corner for 3-0.

Suarez found one glaring opportunity to pull one back, which again was saved by an uncompromising Buffon, though in turn, we created chances for Higuain, Khedira and had a goal wrongly ruled out for offside.

On the balance of chances and command of the game, we merited the commendable victory. Which stands us in decent stead for the return fixture.

The result was a testament to the diligence and guile of Max Allegri, and as I mentioned in the preview, the timing of things appeared to be perfect. On many levels, for we have not only revived the key players since the New Year, but also found a formation which often brings out the best of our collective talent. The Napoli ties were just what was required to practice game management, achieve our aims, without throwing everything on the line. A solid showing against a resolute Chievo to calm the nerves and we approached this game in splendid condition both physically and mentally, and it showed.

Of the starting XI, every player was in the least competent and driven, if not playing near to their capacity, but we can play better. It is difficult to string passes together against sides of a high technical prowess, experienced players who hound for the ball and are all comfortable in possession. And so rather than try to play Barca at their own game, we forced them to try play us at our game. Which did not work out well for the Catalans…

To keep that trident attack so quiet, limit them to just the two very presentable openings, confirms the strength of our defence and organisational nous. We should have won by more goals, Higuain was guilty of a couple of misses and the disallowed Cuardrado effort was a bother, yet 3-0 is a good result, against a team capable of dominating most other sides in the world, on their day. In terms of whether we will suffer the same fate as PSG, I have no such concerns. We are a side who rarely concedes, let alone concedes 3 or more. There is good reason why we have seen but two goals in 9 games at the top level of european football fly past Gianluigi. And if we can keep everyone who played last night fit, there is no reason to head to Spain expecting anything other than another victory, or at worst a draw.

I believe we will score in the return fixture as we are not a side who shrink terribly into our shell when playing away in Europe. We have perhaps more desire than our opponents, certainly the confidence, and the players will be already desperate for the opening whistle to find their ears next week.

Yes, it is important to note Allegro’s words…

“We are midway through because there are 45 days to the end of the season. Right now we haven’t won the Scudetto, Coppa Italia or reached the Champions League semi-final,” said the Coach in his Press conference.

“What tonight’s game must do is give us more confidence and awareness of what this squad can achieve.

“It’s right to be happy with what we’ve done, but also to keep our feet on the ground and a sense of balance, as we’ve achieved nothing yet.”

We were a little hard done by the officials. Not just with the disallowed goal, but also with bookings for Khedira and Mandzukic. However, the Polaks were at least fairly even when it came to the other pivotal moments. The tackle which led to a chance for Messi correctly ruled offside…the potential handball call when from close range, the strike hit Chiellini’s chest then hand as he mauled Juan’s thigh. Great decisions from the officials. We cannot expect them to get everything right, but on this occasion they got enough right.

My only grumble can be that the strength in depth was lacking. Lemina and Rincon were both at best ineffective, at worst woeful, after joining the fray. Allegri is a strange chap. For I would have preferred to see Sturaro come on in place of either. Firstly, as he is a more accomplished, especially at this level, combative midfielder than Rincon. Secondly, he has been recently asked to play in the Mandzukic role, which could easily be transplanted to the other flank, at least by my reckoning. Regardless, I continue to place my total trust in Max.

The positives begin with the scoreline. I cannot see us conceding 3 or more goals to any team in the world, other than Bayern. I also feel we will score in Catalonia. It was of vital importance to keep the clean sheet, avoid any away goals. A healthy lead with a clean sheet is the very best we could have hoped for, other than a headbutt of Messi or Suarez, which we got away with…hohoho!

Alves did very well indeed, pretty much kept his compatriot in his pocket. Chellini rekindled his warrior spirit. Leo kept calm and typically physical. Sandro showed once again he is arguably to become the strongest LB in the game. Pjanic did little, but what he did, he did very well indeed. Big Sami was monstrous. Higuain worked like a trojan. Mandzukic a cunning brute with Cuadrado finding two assists and Dybala a couple of sweet strikes. What more could we ask for? It was a very solid team performance in every area of the field. We attacked and defended as a team.

I was immediately appalled by Enrique, for clapping Iniesta’s foul which led to the opening goal. Also by Messi, who with the first challenge he received, asked for a booking for the opponent. Suarez appeared different. Less whining, and despite his lack of chances, did not resort to thuggery. Perhaps he realised there was nothing to be gained by such awfulness. The Polaks don’t pay homage to fops or whining spite merchants. I was pleased we had them officiating, despite the mistakes which went against us.

There remains much to do. Again I return to my mention of timing, which matters in football as it matters in life. For we have Pescara at the weekend, not Napoli or Roma. A chance to continue our march towards a historic 6th straight scudetto, rest a few key players and perform below top gear.

What Allegri has done with this squad is nothing short of amazing. We have the mentality of champions, are well aware of our strengths and weaknesses, and are able to manage games carefully and confidently. This is down to the coach.

I haven’t yet peeked at Rav’s ratings, yet will offer my own, albeit more briefly than usual-

Buffon 8, Bonucci 7, Chiellini 8, Alves 7, Sandro 7, Khedira 7, Pjanic 6.5, Cuadrado 7, Dybala 9, Higuaín 6.5, Mandzukic 7.5.

We are stronger than Barcelona. The potential of this squad is moving closer to fruition at just the right period of the season. Everything remains to play for.

A job well done.

Forza Juve

TGP

LINEUPS:

Juventus: Buffon; Dani Alves, Bonucci, Chiellini, Alex Sandro; Khedira, Pjanic (Barzagli 89); Cuadrado (Lemina 73), Dybala (Rincon 81), Mandzukic; Higuain

Barcelona: Ter Stegen; Pique, Umtiti, Mathieu; Mascherano, Rakitic, Iniesta, Messi; Sergi Roberto, Suarez, Neymar

Ref: Marciniak (POL)

juventus-players-celebrate-with-fans-aft

Player Ratings

BUFFON: There are those games, week in, week out where Juve dominate and Buffon may be called into action on a rare occasion to remind us of his brilliance. Then there are those nights when you know the entire team will be up against it, and having the greatest keeper in the world available to call on, can make all the difference…..and what a difference he made. The save on Iniesta should really be considered as a good as a goal in itself. It looked certain to be heading in, and yet Gigi managed to perform the impossible. Keeping a clean sheet in a two-legged tie like this can be the difference between qualifying and saying ‘there’s always next year’. He marshalled his defence like it mattered, barking orders, positioning himself perfectly for every Barca attack. A majestic display 9.0

DANI ALVES: European nights are a reminder why we invested in the veteran full-back. He was wiley, determined and cunning, putting his knowledge of his former club to great use. Committed some rash tackles and the early booking put the whole result at risk, but he reigned in his aggression and played with real intelligence from there on out. 7.0

BONUCCI: One mistake aside, he was solid and controlled and barely gave Suarez a sniff at goal. There was a brilliant two footed tackle to deny Neymar and some great work on (and off) the ball, playing it out from the back. Great reading of the game throughout. 7.0

CHIELLINI: He may have suffered from his fair share of injuries in recent times, but nights like this are when Giorgio excels. He reads the game, the striker’s intent, and always manages to stay a step ahead. He was a giant, making perfectly timed tackles and interceptions and scored the third goal, despite having Mascherano climbing all over him. Titan. 8.0

ALEX SANDRO: Dybala may have scored the goals, but Alex Sandro was the player who truly arrived tonight. The prospect of facing Lionel Messi is a daunting one, and yet Sandro controlled the left flank with one of the best displays of his Juve career. There were accusations made, early on, that he was too attacking and neglected his defensive duties, but he’s come on leaps and bounds in this part of his game. He tracked back at every opportunity, closing down attack after attack and bringing the ball out with real intelligence and composure.   8.0

PJANIC: One of his best displays in recent months. He’s been a little too passive and anonymous, and yet he imposed himself on this game from the start. Far more physical, he didn’t allow himself to be bullied off the ball. Played perfectly in tandem with Sami Khedira and helped launch attacks from the centre of the pitch. Provided the cross for Chiellini’s goal and was back to his best. 7.0

KHEDIRA: Another powerhouse performance in the centre of the pitch. Worked from end to end, helping to support the attack and move the team forward as well as shielding the back 4 and making some good tackles to slow down the Barca momentum. 7.0

CUADRADO: Pushed forward at every chance, exploiting Barca’s weakest link. Has a good understanding with Alves and used his pace to run the channels effectively. Played his part in the opening goal, setting up Dybala. Much improved. 7.0

MANDZUKIC: A tireless performance, doing so much of the dirty work down the left, tracking back to defend and nullify Messi’s efforts, springing forward to support the attack and provide an outlet down the channel. Did his share of the tackling, working as a LB, LM, LW, all rolled into one.  6.5

DYBALA: As we saw from the games against Napoli and Chievo over the last week, Dybala was finding his feet as the creative force in the team….but this was something else altogether. The main accusation I would level at La Joya, is that he was too passive at times, unable to impose his play on the game. How wrong i was. His display was a masterclass, utterly clinical and ruthless, finishing off Barca with two pinpoint strikes, the first of which, was curled so perfectly it reminded of a former Juve no.10 from years gone by. Dybala was quick and efficient, dropping deep when required and running through the Barca midfield to spearhead the counter attack. Majestic. 9.0

HIGUAIN: The same accusations will be levelled at Pipa after a performance like this, and yet he was at the heart of the Juve attack, pulling the Barca defence left and right, creating the space for Dybala to operate in. Granted, he had 2 very clear cut chances that he should have buried and those may yet come back to haunt us, but his contribution can’t be discounted in a game where Juve alternated between being passive and aggressive throughout the 90 mins. 7.0

Substitutes:

LEMINA: A brief cameo on the left, helping to balance out the team and see out the result, late on. Steadied the midfield and kept the right flank quiet. 6.0

RINCON: N/A

BARZAGLI: N/A

Goals

Video Player

00:00

00:13

Video Player

00:17

Video Player

00:17

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
130865 messaggi

swcy9l.png

Morata: ‘Lost at Juventus’

http://www.football-italia.net/101017/morata-‘lost-juventus’

Apr 12, 2017

Alvaro Morata admits he was “lost” during his first months at Juventus, but Gigi Buffon turned his career around.

The striker joined the Bianconeri from Real Madrid in the summer of 2014, but initially struggled to make an impact in Italian football.

However, he later became known for scoring in important games, and Los Merengues activated the buyback clause in his contract last summer.

“People think we’re machines,” Morata told the Guardian.

“They don’t realise that behind a bad run there’s almost always a personal problem, some family issue.

“You have feelings, you make mistakes, you’re a person. I was a bit lost. It wasn’t just the goals; I was arguing with people who are important to me, not bothering with things that truly matter.

“It was a bit of everything. I’d left home young, I’d fought to play for Juventus and I was ‘conditioned’ by Madrid having a buy-back option that didn’t depend on me. I didn’t know my future.

“All that affected me and I let myself slide a bit, became distracted.

“I’d just finished training one day. It had been a terrible, terrible session – one of the worst in my life. I couldn’t even control the ball.

“The physio asked what was wrong and I told him I was sad. I was crying. I was there on the treatment table and Gigi Buffon was next to me.

“Afterwards he took me aside, alone, and said that if I wanted to cry, do it at home. He said the people who wished me ill would be happy to see that and the people who wished me well would be saddened by it.”

Real Madrid take on Bayern Munich in the Champions League tonight, but the Spanish international would rather face them than his former teammates.

“No, no, no. I didn’t want them [Juventus] at all. It’s very hard to play them; tactically, they’re great.

“People will think: ‘Better than Bayern? Is he mad?’ But for our style, I think so.

“Juve are a great team. Up front, they’re flying.”

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
130865 messaggi

2afkcg0.jpg

2ecg1uu.jpg

JUVENTUS - BARCELONA

Paulo Dybala 7'

Paulo Dybala 22'

Giorgio Chiellini 55'

Juventus Stadium, Turin

Gigi Buffon: ‘We respect Barcelona, it’s not over yet’

gigio-940x626.jpeg

http://www.juvefc.com/gigi-buffon-respect-barcelona-not-yet/

Apr 12, 2017

Gianluigi Buffon spoke of the respect Juventus have for Barcelona and warned that ‘ it’s not over’ yet.

Juve have the edge, taking a 3-0 scoreline to Spain next week, but Gigio isn’t resting on his laurels just yet.

“Last night after the game I was smiling,” Buffon told Sky.

“I was talking with friends and after a game like that you come home and you always suspect that it’s not over.

“That speaks volumes about the respect we have for Barcelona and what Barcelona have won, never mind the comeback against Paris Saint-Germain.

“Even if that comeback hadn’t happened it would be the same, indeed the fact it did happen is probably a good thing for us.

“It means we’ll go there without any pomposity, on full alert and with great humility, not least because there have been so many comebacks in football.

“There was Milan Liverpool, that was 3-0 and then went to 3-3 in one half. There was Deportivo-Milan.

“Those are the ones I remember best, because I’ve always followed Milan and in those years it was a pleasure to se them perform and lay down the law in Europe.”

If you want the latest odds on Juve’s chances, bes sure to try out the http://www.grizzlygambling.com/sports-betting-canada list.

Turning his attention to Iniesta’s effort on goal, Buffon talked through what it took to make the remarkable save.

“It was very difficult for me, because it was a reflex save.

“It was a save about timing, it’s as if it’s a duel between you and the opponent, a kind of dance where you need to understand the right time to move your limb, in this case the left arm.

“You can’t do it too early, because then you’ll give a signal to him and give him time to react. And then at that point of the game we were 1-0 up.

“As I always say though, I’m lucky to play in a team of great champions, and if I want to continue to have a reputation like the one I currently enjoy I always have to make these kinds of saves and it should be the norm.”

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
130865 messaggi

2afkcg0.jpg

swcy9l.png

JUVENTUS - BARCELONA

Paulo Dybala 7'

Paulo Dybala 22'

Giorgio Chiellini 55'

Juventus Stadium, Turin

Buffon: ‘Iniesta save the hardest’

<br/><a href="http://oi68.tinypic.com/15xwtab.jpg" target="_blank">View Raw Image</a>

http://www.football-italia.net/101020/buffon-‘iniesta-save-hardest’

Apr 12, 2017

Gianluigi Buffon explains his save on Andres Iniesta last night - “it’s a duel between you and the opponent”.

Juventus were leading Barcelona 1-0 when Iniesta was played in by Lionel Messi, but the goalkeeper pulled off an incredible save to tip it round the post.

“It was very difficult for me, because it was a reflex save,” Buffon explained to Sky.

“It was a save about timing, it’s as if it’s a duel between you and the opponent, a kind of dance where you need to understand the right time to move your limb, in this case the left arm.

“You can’t do it too early, because then you’ll give a signal to him and give him time to react. And then at that point of the game we were 1-0 up.

“As I always say though, I’m lucky to play in a team of great champions, and if I want to continue to have a reputation like the one I currently enjoy I always have to make these kinds of saves and it should be the norm.”

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
130865 messaggi

2afkcg0.jpg

swcy9l.png

JUVENTUS - BARCELONA

Paulo Dybala 7'

Paulo Dybala 22'

Giorgio Chiellini 55'

Juventus Stadium, Turin

Buffon: 'Allegri redesigned Juve'

<br/><a href="http://oi67.tinypic.com/29avdz6.jpg" target="_blank">View Raw Image</a>

http://www.football-italia.net/101026/buffon-allegri-redesigned-juve

Apr 12, 2017

Juventus captain Gigi Buffon credited Max Allegri with their 3-0 victory over Barcelona. “This team is the fruit of his prodigious intuition.”

The Bianconeri have one foot in the Champions League semi-final after last night’s first leg success and the return match is on Wednesday April 19.

“When you play against opponents like this, the only choice is to prepare it in the best possible way, otherwise you’re not going to win,” Buffon told Sky Sport Italia.

“Coach Allegri studied the match so well and gave us the right indications. As for us, we did well to interpret it with humility, hard work and the gall of someone who wanted to say ‘we’re here too’ on the way to a great future.

“Compared to the other sides, Juve need to work harder to achieve this success, but perhaps because of that you feel even more satisfied when it happens.”

Allegri transformed the squad with his 4-2-3-1 formation after a defeat to Fiorentina and Buffon sees that as the turning point.

“I don’t think this Juve side resembles any of the others I have played for, in terms of personnel or tactics. This team is the fruit of Allegri’s prodigious intuition, as he completely redesigned it.”

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
130865 messaggi

2afkcg0.jpg

swcy9l.png

JUVENTUS - BARCELONA

Paulo Dybala 7'

Paulo Dybala 22'

Giorgio Chiellini 55'

Juventus Stadium, Turin

Mascherano doubt against Juve

2rykcbr.jpg

http://www.football-italia.net/101027/mascherano-doubt-against-juve

Apr 12, 2017

Barcelona confirmed that Javier Mascherano is in doubt for the second leg of their Champions League quarter-final with Juventus.

The Argentina international is suffering from a muscular twinge in his left leg and a statement warned the next few days will define whether he is available for the April 19 clash at Camp Nou.

Mascherano is nominally a midfielder, but has been playing in defence in recent years.

He moved back into a central role for the first half of last night’s 3-0 defeat in Turin, switching when they changed tactics in the second period.

It would be a heavy blow for Luis Enrique if Mascherano was to miss out, but Sergio Busquets will return from suspension.

It’s unlikely Barcelona will try to risk Mascherano with El Clasico coming up against Real Madrid.

Neymar will already miss that game with a three-round Liga suspension for mocking the referee.

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
130865 messaggi

2dky5ig.jpg

swcy9l.png

Serie A fixtures depend on Juve

http://www.football-italia.net/101034/serie-fixtures-depend-juve

Apr 12, 2017

The changes to the fixture list for Serie A Week 34, 35 and 36 have been announced, including Roma-Lazio, Inter-Napoli, Milan-Roma and Roma-Juventus.

Some of these games are still subject to change based on whether Juve qualify for the Champions League semi-final.

If they do get past Barcelona following the 3-0 first leg victory, then Atalanta-Juventus will be moved forward to Friday April 28 at 19.45 UK time (18.45 GMT).

If Juventus are eliminated, then Torino-Sampdoria would be moved to Saturday April 29 at 19.45 UK (18.45 GMT).

The Turin Derby could also be shifted to Friday May 5 at 19.45 UK (18.45 GMT) if Juve’s Champions League semi-final is on Tuesday May 2.

If that does happen, then Napoli-Cagliari could be moved to Saturday May 6 at 19.45 UK time (18.45 GMT).

The draw for the Champions League semi-final is on April 21.

Meanwhile, the Rome Derby is getting an early kick-off in the Sunday lunchtime slot.

Week 34

Sat Apr 29

Torino-Sampdoria (17.00 UK, 16.00 GMT)

Atalanta-Juventus (19.45 UK, 18.45 GMT)

Sun Apr 30

Roma-Lazio (11.30 UK, 10.30 GMT)

Inter-Napoli (19.45 UK, 18.45 GMT)

Week 35

Sat May 6

Napoli-Cagliari (17.00 UK, 16.00 GMT)

Juventus-Torino (19.45 UK, 18.45 GMT)

Sun May 7

Udinese-Atalanta (11.30 UK, 10.30 GMT)

Milan-Roma (19.45 UK, 18.45 GMT)

Week 36

Sat May 13

Fiorentina-Lazio (17.00 UK, 16.00 GMT)

Atalanta-Milan (19.45 UK, 18.45 GMT)

Sun May 14

Inter-Sassuolo (11.30 UK, 10.30 GMT)

Roma-Juventus (19.45 UK, 18.45 GMT)

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
130865 messaggi

2afkcg0.jpg

swcy9l.png

JUVENTUS - BARCELONA

Paulo Dybala 7'

Paulo Dybala 22'

Giorgio Chiellini 55'

Juventus Stadium, Turin

Barca director: 'Juve park the bus'

<br/><a href="http://oi66.tinypic.com/hx920p.jpg" target="_blank">View Raw Image</a>

http://www.football-italia.net/101035/barca-director-juve-park-bus

Apr 12, 2017

Barcelona director of sport Robert Fernandez believes “Juventus will come to Camp Nou to park the bus and raise the barricades.”

The Bianconeri won the first leg of their Champions League quarter-final 3-0 and the decider is next Wednesday evening.

“Juventus will come to Camp Nou to park the bus and raise the barricades, but they shouldn’t be ashamed of that,” Fernandez told TV3.

“There is no shame in putting many players inside your own penalty area. With the result they earned in the first leg, it’ll be easy for them to sit on their lead and try to invite us forward.

“We need to take some risks, which we also did at the Juventus Stadium, even if we all know how that went. In front of our fans, on our home turf, we must believe in our team, because it is possible to overturn a negative result.”

Barcelona know that already, having fought back from a 4-0 first leg defeat to Paris Saint-Germain to win 6-1 at Camp Nou.

“It won’t be the same thing, because Juve are more experienced. They were able to make the most of our weaknesses and could do it in the second leg too.”

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
130865 messaggi

2afkcg0.jpg

swcy9l.png

Vidal: 'Bayern-Juve in the Final'

http://www.football-italia.net/101045/vidal-bayern-juve-final

Apr 12, 2017

Arturo Vidal believes Bayern Munich can overturn the home defeat to Real Madrid “and hopefully face Juventus in the Champions League Final.”

The former Bianconeri midfielder scored a bullet header in this evening’s quarter-final, but also blazed a penalty over the bar on the stroke of half-time.

Real Madrid took control in the second half and emerged 2-1 winners thanks to a Cristiano Ronaldo brace.

“There are still 90 minutes to go, so it’s certainly not over,” Vidal told Mediaset Premium.

“I am very disappointed by the penalty miss, but this is football. We hope to secure our qualification in Madrid and hopefully face Juventus in the Champions League Final.

“We have faith, we are a great team and we can come back from this.”

Juventus had seen Bayern Munich as the favourites to win the Champions League this season.

The Bianconeri beat Barcelona 3-0 in their quarter-final first leg with a Paulo Dybala brace and Giorgio Chiellini header.

“I saw Juve play, they seemed to be in good shape and very strong.”

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
130865 messaggi

2afkcg0.jpg

bex2so.jpg

JUVENTUS - BARCELONA

Paulo Dybala 7'

Paulo Dybala 22'

Giorgio Chiellini 55'

Juventus Stadium, Turin

JUVENTUS 3-0 BARCELONA: ALLEGRI’S TACTICS, DYBALA

THE BALLER, MESSI’S EFFORT AND MORE TALKING POINTS

Juventus put in an impressive performance to beat Barcelona 3-0 in the

first leg of their UEFA Champions League quarter final tie on Tuesday night.

t8srvt.jpg

http://www.thehardtackle.com/round-up/2017/04/12/juventus-3-0-barcelona

-allegris-tactics-dybala-the-baller-messis-effort-and-more-talking-points/

Apr 12, 2017

Paulo Dybala struck twice in a brilliant first half performance, and Giorgio Chiellini added a rare goal to wrap things up for Juventus after the break, as the hosts claimed a commanding advantage ahead of next week’s return tie.

Barcelona will now need another miracle similar to the one they pulled off against Paris Saint-Germain in the round of 16, but on the back of this display from Juventus, the Catalans will have their work cut out for them.

The scoreline could have been very different, with Gonzalo Higuain missing two great opportunities and Barcelona themselves showing rare profligacy, with Andres Iniesta and Luis Suarez also missing golden opportunities for the visitors.

It was a hugely entertaining match, and football fans everywhere will definitely be waiting for the second leg with bated breath, but there is still plenty to talk about from the first leg. We take a look at the key talking points from the match.

Paulo Dybala, the baller

Paulo Dybala has been perennially linked with moves to several of Europe’s giants on the back of his performances over the last two seasons. Even Arsenal were heavily linked with a move for the Argentinian international before he made the switch to Juventus.

The Italian Serie A does not match the popularity of the English Premier League or the Spanish La Liga around the world, so many have not seen what Dybala is capable of on a regular basis. Last night, the world would have been watching as Dybala took on one of the clubs he has been linked with for some time.

The 23-year-old put in a magical performance. Dybala’s first goal was a thing of beauty. A deft touch into space to free up his body was followed by a brilliant curling finish. His second goal was a pin-point shot that beat Marc-Andre Ter Stegen at the near post.

His overall performance was also hugely impressive. Dybala constantly tracked back and showed great energy to burst forward whenever needed. His slick passing and skills on the ball got Juventus out of pressure situations on several occasions and the links with moves away from Juventus will only get stronger off the back of last night’s performance.

Paulo Dybala v Barcelona (H) - #UCL - 170411

A star in the making.

Massimiliano Allegri’s reputation continues to grow

Massimiliano Allegri got his tactics spot-on last night as he set up his team to take on Barcelona. Juventus defended as a unit, often doubling up on players, and not allowing Barcelona’s star-studded lineup time to breathe.

They were efficient on the counter and watertight in defence. And despite Barcelona carving open a few chances, there are very few teams who can completely nullify their brilliant attacking talent. Allegri’s tactics came close to doing that last night.

The Juventus manager has been linked with moves to several of Europe’s top clubs, most notably Barcelona themselves, as well as Arsenal, but the Bianconeri would be wise to hold on to their manager, especially considering the special team he has slowly been building in Turin can only get better.

Immense squad building from Juventus and Allegri btw. Only BBC + Gigi remain from the CL Final two years ago, crazy.

Messi did his best but Barcelona’s profligacy cost them

When Barcelona fail on occasions like these it is often Lionel Messi who is singled out for unfair criticism. Last night, the Argentinian performed excellently, but could not do anything to prevent Barca from crumbling.

Messi was the target of repeated fouls and was constantly double-marked as he usually is, but the Argentinian is never one to shy away from a challenge and constantly dropped deep to look for the ball and drive forward to make things happen for his side.

Messi made 3 key passes, completed 5 successful dribbles, had 2 shots on target, made 2 tackles but despite those impressive statistics, he was let down by the finishing of his teammates. Barcelona have to make better use of the opportunities their Argentinian magician gives them in the next leg if they want to progress to the semi-finals.

43hSez38CYHWySW7.jpg

Chiellini the man for the big occasion

Every big club in Europe has one defender that is fondly remembered as a legend that would grab his team by the scruff of their necks during adversity and lead them to victory against all odds time and time again.

For Madrid, it is Sergio Ramos. For Chelsea, John Terry. For Juventus, it is Giorgio Chiellini. The 32-year old has scored some important goals for Juventus over the years, and while last night wasn’t a night where his team needed inspiration, he was still a leader on the pitch.

Regardless of the third goal, Chiellini put in some hugely important tackles and was simply majestic at the heart of Juve’s defence, marshaling his players the entire match and calming heads whenever necessary.

Many have said that Barcelona can come back to progress to the next round despite this defeat just as they did against PSG, but with a defender like Chiellini leading the team from the back, Juventus do not look like they are in danger of collapsing anytime soon.

Giorgio Chiellini's game by numbers vs. Barcelona:

100% aerial duels won
8 clearances
5 aerial duels won
3 tackles won
1 goal

Master. 

Can Barcelona do it?

Barcelona put in one of the most memorable comebacks of all time – up there with Liverpool’s Champions League triumph over AC Milan – to defeat PSG 6-5 on aggregate despite being 4-0 down after the first leg in the round of 16.

That result showed that you can never write off a team that is filled with such incredible talent, and PSG perhaps took the match too lightly and paid the price for it with an embarrassing exit at the hands of Luis Enrique’s side.

Many saw that as a catalyst to ignite Barcelona’s season and their form did improve. However, beating a side as well drilled as Juve is a completely different prospect. While Barcelona are still capable of mounting another spectacular comeback, Allegri and co. will be well aware of what happened to PSG, and the smart money would be on Juventus progressing to the next round.

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
130865 messaggi

2afkcg0.jpg

swcy9l.png

JUVENTUS - BARCELONA

Paulo Dybala 7'

Paulo Dybala 22'

Giorgio Chiellini 55'

Juventus Stadium, Turin

Sacchi: ‘Not surprised by Juventus’

<br/><a href="http://oi68.tinypic.com/2rgoz0o.jpg" target="_blank">View Raw Image</a>

http://www.football-italia.net/101053/sacchi-‘not-surprised-juventus’

Apr 13, 2017

Arrigo Sacchi was “not surprised by the result” as Juventus beat Barcelona 3-0 in the Champions League.

The Bianconeri took a commanding lead in their Quarter-Final tie, something which the Milan legend predicted on Tuesday.

“I’m not surprised by the result,” Sacchi told Gazzetta dello Sport.

“Quite the opposite, in the first minutes of the game I realised that Barcelona were not the usual Barcelona, or at least the one we’re used to seeing.

“They didn’t know what to do, they didn’t move they just stood still and waited for the ball. How can you play like that?

“Juve did very well to highlight the current limits of Barça. I think Allegri pulled off a masterpiece, going onto the pitch with that formation, with all those attacking players, was a clear signal to his team and the opponent.

“It was a confidence boost for the Bianconeri, and the Spaniards looked a bit nervy and seemed surprised by the aggressiveness and Juve’s pressing.”

Paris Saint-Germain won 4-0 against Barça in the Last 16, only to lose 6-1 in the second leg…

“Juve, in my opinion, are not likely to go the way of the French. They’re strong, very strong. The fundamental thing is that they’re convinced of the great resources they have.

“It’s crucial in the second leg not to give space to Barcelona and play exactly as they did in the first leg: attack, press, be aggressive.

“That’s the mentality which makes you grow in Europe. This Juve can win at Camp Nou.”

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
130865 messaggi

2afkcg0.jpg

swcy9l.png

JUVENTUS - BARCELONA

Paulo Dybala 7'

Paulo Dybala 22'

Giorgio Chiellini 55'

Juventus Stadium, Turin

Chiellini: ‘If Juventus play like first leg…’

<br/><a href="http://oi63.tinypic.com/2nvt3t2.jpg" target="_blank">View Raw Image</a>

http://www.football-italia.net/101057/chiellini-‘if-juventus-play-first-leg…’

Apr 13, 2017

Giorgio Chiellini doesn’t believe Barcelona can come back against Juventus as long as “we play to the levels of the first leg”.

The Bianconeri hold a 3-0 lead after Tuesday’s Champions League Quarter-Final first leg, with the centre-back scoring the third goal with a header from a corner.

“The goal is dedicated to Giuseppe Rossi,” Chiellini said in an interview with La Stampa.

“He’s a special lad who has had a serious injury. He’s a golden person and my thoughts go out to him.

“We’re a fantastic side and we’ve shown that this month. It was a great night at Juventus Stadium, where we wanted to give ourselves answers compared to what we showed two years ago.

“We’ve grown in personality, esteem and belief to play on certain stages. We still have room for growth though and we have to prove that in these next two months.

“There’s still a long way to go though, and the minutes are very long at Camp Nou so history tells us we need to remain alert.“It’s clear that if we concede four goals we’d have to do badly ourselves, so with all due respect we know it all depends on Juve now.

“We’ll have another important test of our growth at Camp Nou, before the game no-one could have hoped for a better result than t his one.

“We’re aware that they’re the only team capable of comebacks like this, but if we play to the levels of the first leg it won’t be achievable for anyone.

“We need to complete our revenge as a team in Barcelona, because individual aims are much less important than collective ones.”

Paulo Dybala hit a double on Tuesday night, and Chiellini believes La Joya can become one of the best players in the world.

“Paulo is a world-class talent who has stepped-up really quickly. He arrived at Juventus at 21 after just one real year at Palermo and two years later we’re talking about an international player.

“When [Lionel] Messi and [Cristiano] Ronaldo give up the throne, after Neymar he’s the biggest talent in Europe. He still has a lot of growing to do, but the conditions are there to do that.”

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
130865 messaggi

2afkcg0.jpg

smrn9d.jpg

JUVENTUS - BARCELONA

Paulo Dybala 7'

Paulo Dybala 22'

Giorgio Chiellini 55'

Juventus Stadium, Turin

ROY KEANE SAYS 'AWFUL' BARCELONA HAVE

'NO CHANCE' OF 3-0 JUVENTUS COMEBACK

TURIN, ITALY - APRIL 11: Giorgio Chiellini of Juventus celebrates scoring his side's third goal during the UEFA Champions League Quarter Final first leg match between Juventus and FC Barcelona at Juventus Stadium on April 11, 2017 in Turin, Italy. (Photo by Chris Brunskill Ltd/Getty Images)

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2703432-roy-keane-says-awful

-barcelona-have-no-chance-of-3-0-juventus-comeback

Apr 13, 2017

Manchester United's legendary former midfielder Roy Keane believes Barcelona have "no chance" of overturning the 3-0 deficit against Juventus in their UEFA Champions League quarter-final.

The Bianconeri were the dominant force in the first leg in Turin, bossing much of the clash, scoring some fine goals and keeping Barca's illustrious attackers out. Keane feels as though the Italian champions have already done enough, per ITV Football:

"Barcelona still look sharp going forward, but at the back they were awful and this game is over," said the Irishman on ITV, per Alex Smith of the Daily Mirror. "The tie is over. No chance (of a comeback). They can sit in, and on top of all that they still carry a goal threat even from set pieces."

Barca do have a mountain to climb, as Juve were by far the better side in Turin. Two first-half goals from the irrepressible Paulo Dybala put the team in complete control of the contest, while Giorgio Chiellini added the gloss to a fine performance from the Serie A side.

Barcelona, meanwhile, continued their struggles away from home in the competition, per Sky Sports Statto:

While Keane is confident in Juventus' ability to see the game through, plenty wouldn't completely rule Barcelona out after what happened in the previous round.

Indeed, the Blaugrana recovered from a 4-0 deficit against Paris Saint-Germain in the most dramatic of circumstances. At the Camp Nou, Barcelona scored three times in the dying embers of the game to win 6-1 on the night, completing one of the greatest comebacks in football history.

With that in mind, it's tough to call this tie off with conviction, as the Blaugrana are a force to be reckoned at home. However, as noted by ESPN's Taylor Twellman, the Italian champions are a completely different proposition to the Parisians:

While PSG blew Barcelona away in the first leg with dynamism and determination, there was an assurance about Juventus in the way they meticulously constructed their win.

Players like Gianluigi Buffon, Leonardo Bonucci, Dani Alves and Chiellini are so experienced at the back; it was clear they knew when to take the sting out of the game and were supreme in organising Juve's defensive structure. Those traits will be so important in the second leg.

Factor in the aggression of players like Sami Khedira and Mario Mandzukic and Juventus are a pest to play against.

Per football journalist Priya Ramesh, Juventus have a big edge on PSG in these areas:

What is also worrying for Barca is the prospect of Juve breaching their brittle defence once again. Dybala was able to escape their attentions with ease on Tuesday, while Gonzalo Higuain also could have had a couple of goals if he was more clinical.

If the Blaugrana can grab an early goal and build momentum, perhaps another remontada could be on the cards. But it's safe to say, should the visitors get on the scoresheet themselves, it's extremely difficult to see Massimiliano Allegri's men shipping five goals, even at a venue as intimidating as the Camp Nou.

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
130865 messaggi

2afkcg0.jpg

swcy9l.png

JUVENTUS - BARCELONA

Paulo Dybala 7'

Paulo Dybala 22'

Giorgio Chiellini 55'

Juventus Stadium, Turin

Mourinho: ‘Not impressed by Juventus’

<br/><a href="http://oi64.tinypic.com/55hstw.jpg" target="_blank">View Raw Image</a>

http://www.football-italia.net/101059/mourinho-‘not-impressed-juventus’

Apr 13, 2017

Manchester United manager Jose Mourinho wasn’t impressed by Juventus against Barcelona and “it’s not my problem” if they win the treble.

The Portuguese guided Inter to the only treble in Italian football history in 2010, with the Bianconeri falling just short in 2015, losing the Champions League final.

Juve are currently six points clear at the top of Serie A, and hold a 3-0 lead from the first leg of their Champions League Quarter-Final.

Having already secured their place in the Coppa Italia final, talk of a treble has again come up but the Red Devils boss isn’t fussed.

“It’s not my problem,” Mourinho shrugged in his Press conference ahead of the Anderlecht game.

“It’s not my problem.

“Was I impressed by Juventus? No, not impressed, it’s not possible to be impressed with a team which works year after year to always improve.

“It’s not possible to be impressed.”

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
130865 messaggi

2afkcg0.jpg

2wg6lhu.png

JUVENTUS - BARCELONA

Paulo Dybala 7'

Paulo Dybala 22'

Giorgio Chiellini 55'

Juventus Stadium, Turin

Barcelona hold 'crisis talks' after Juventus loss

<br/><a href="http://oi68.tinypic.com/106c1e0.jpg" target="_blank">View Raw Image</a>

http://www.sportsmole.co.uk/football/barcelona/champions-league/

news/barca-hold-crisis-talks-after-juve-loss_295933.html

Apr 13, 2017

Barcelona reportedly held 'crisis talks' in the aftermath of Tuesday's 3-0 defeat at Juventus in the first leg of their Champions League quarter-final.

The Spanish champions managed to overturn a 4-0 first-leg deficit against Paris Saint-Germain in this season's round of 16, but face an uphill task against a Juventus team built on a solid defence.

According to Mundo Deportivo, Barcelona's flight back from Turin was 'like a funeral', while Lionel Messi was said to be 'enraged' with his team's lack of defensive consistency following another disappointing defeat.

The same report claims that Barcelona head coach Luis Enrique was silent in the dressing room after the match, although the players took it upon themselves to hold 'crisis talks'.

The defeat at Juventus followed a 2-0 reverse at Malaga in La Liga last weekend, which has left the Spanish champions three points behind Real Madrid at the top of the table.

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
Ospite
Questa discussione è chiusa.
Accedi per seguire   

• Chi sta navigando   0 utenti

Nessun utente registrato visualizza questa pagina.

• Crea Nuovo...