Accedi per seguire   
Socrates

JUVENTUS SEASON 2017-2018

130798 messaggi

swcy9l.png

Del Piero: ‘Dybala, be like me’

http://www.football-italia.net/110900/del-piero-‘dybala-be-me’

Oct 6, 2017

Alessandro Del Piero says Paulo Dybala "has everything to stay at Juventus for life, if he wants to".

The Argentine forward inherited the number 10 shirt this summer, and Pinturicchio is perhaps its most celebrated wearer.

“I’m so happy,” Del Piero told Gazzetta dello Sport when asked about Dybala.

“The 10 wasn’t really my property: before me Robi Baggio, [Omar] Sivori and [Michel] Platini had worn it. And now there’s a superstar who has everything to stay at Juve for life, if he wants to.

“He’s raised his level even further at the start of this season, he’s doing exciting things. I’m not just talking about goals, I’m talking about how he can decide matches when he turns it on. He also has rare moral qualities.

“I hope he can find what I did in Turin, because no-one can enter the hearts of the fans like him.”

Del Piero spent 19 years with the Bianconeri, even going down to Serie B after the Calciopoli scandal in 2006.

“It was a wonderful journey, I loved and love this shirt as a part of me. My debut, the first Scudetto, the Champions League… I couldn’t choose just one moment.

“And after the first year I was going to go to Parma! I don’t even know all the details of the negotiation, I just know at a certain point Marcello Lippi said it was fine to have this kid as the fourth striker.

“Serie B? The whole of 2006 was a crazy year. We came back from the World Cup to find ourselves in B without knowing why.

“It’s enough to look at the teams from the 2006 World Cup final to see that Juve disappeared in the space of one summer. Everything went over my head, without me being able to do anything.

“When the club asked me what I wanted to do though, I didn’t hesitate for a second. I was the captain of a team I felt was part of me, and with which I had won everything.

“I felt the need to set an example and accelerate the reconstruction. The circle closed in 2012: six years after that earthquake, Juve returned to winning the Scudetto.

“And I was able to end a certain type of football with a last, unexpected title.”

His departure was controversial though, as Juve President Andrea Agnelli didn’t offer the club legend a new contract…

“Life is made up of moments and Juventus have a really clear structure today, made up of really good directors,” Del Piero said.

“I’ve had the chance to meet Andrea Agnelli, we’ve clarified things and today I can say calmly that there’s no bad blood between us.”

As well as praising Dybala, Del Piero had some kind words for Rodrigo Bentancur.

“Allegri is an absolutely guarantee in this regard, he has his eye on the players. It’s clear that compared to a normal 20-year-old, Bentancur is much more ready.”

Condividi questo messaggio

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
130798 messaggi

2dky5ig.jpg

swcy9l.png

JUVENTUS - LAZIO 

nuovo-logo-juve-png-128x128.png   1245.png .......... 

8th Matchday

Saturday, october 14th 2017 - 06:00 p.m.
Allianz Stadium - Turin
Referee: Paolo Mazzoleni

Juve missing eight for Lazio?

http://www.football-italia.net/110991/juve-missing-eight-lazio

Oct 8, 2017 

Injuries to Mario Mandzukic and Andrea Barzagli mean Juventus are at risk of missing eight players for their match with Lazio.

The Old Lady take on the Biancocelesti next weekend in Serie A upon the conclusion of the international break.

Max Allegri already knew his options for the clash in Turin would be depleted, particularly in midfield, with several players already ruled out prior to the ongoing international fixtures.

However, the news of these latest two setbacks is a further blow to the Bianconeri, who lost their 100 per cent League record in their last match against Atalanta.

According to Gazzetta dello Sport, both the Croatian forward and the Italian defender are serious doubts for the match at Juventus Stadium.

They are set to join midfielders Claudio Marchisio, Sami Khedira and Miralem Pjanic on the sidelines.

Although it is claimed that Barzagli and Pjanic will be in contention for selection for Juve’s following match against Sporting in the Champions League, the same cannot be said for either Benedikt Howedes or Mattia De Sciglio.

The final member of the Serie A champions’ long injury list is long-term absentee Marko Pjaca.

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
130798 messaggi

swcy9l.png

Pirlo to retire at end of MLS season

http://www.football-italia.net/110993/pirlo-retire-end-mls-season

Oct 8, 2017

Andrea Pirlo says he will end his playing career once his contract at New York City FC expires.

The former Juventus, Milan and Italy icon has been with the Major League Soccer side since 2015 but has been plagued by injury problems this season.

As such, he feels the ‘moment has arrived’ to hang up his boots.

And with the American season set to conclude at the end of the calendar year, 38-year-old Pirlo believes it is the right time to move onto pastures new.

“You realise by yourself that the moment has arrived,” the World Cup winner told Gazzetta dello Sport.

“Every day you have physical problems. You can’t train how you would like because you always have an issue.

"The younger players should play. At 38-years-old, it is right to give space to the younger boys.

"I'm not angry. Instead, I'll give a hand to the Coach and the others.

“At my age, you have to say that’s enough. You can’t keep on going strong until you are fifty. I will do something else.

Pirlo admitted that he still doesn’t know what he will do next.

“I still don’t know. I will go back to Italy in December.

“I have some ideas, but I will give myself some time in order to decide.”

The midfield maestro has seen many of his former club and international teammates make the step into coaching.

However, he admits that for him, the ‘spark’ needed to be a boss has still yet to be lit.

“It isn’t a given that if you’ve been a good player, you can be a good Coach.

“You need to be dedicated and have knowledge of the pitch.

“There is a spark that need to be lit, and for me it still hasn’t been lit yet.”

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
130798 messaggi

2dky5ig.jpg

swcy9l.png

JUVENTUS - LAZIO 

8th Matchday

Allianz Stadium - Turin

Lazio on Saturday? It’ll be a mini-rematch

http://www.football-italia.net/111116/sturaro-juve-faith-me-italy…

Oct 10, 2017 

Stefano Sturaro says he has the faith of Juventus boss Stefano Sturaro and admits “I didn’t watch” Italy’s recent World Cup qualifiers.

Sturaro has been used as a utility player by Juve, even playing at right-back during the Bianconeri’s 1-0 win against Fiorentina last month, but the 24-year-old has not appeared for Italy since Giampiero Ventura’s appointment a year ago. 

“Lazio on Saturday? It’ll be a mini-rematch,” the midfielder told Sky Sport Italia.

“Serie A and the Supercoppa are two different competitions, but it’ll be the first time that we face them after the Supercoppa, so there’s a desire for revenge.

“Lazio have good players and are an organised team, so we mustn’t make mistakes in Rome.

“It’s not easy to resume daily work after the international break. There are a lot of players who go away, but those who stay behind work hard, in terms of athleticism, strength and direction change, to put petrol in our legs.

“In addition, the South Americans don’t get back until just before [the game], so there’s not much time for us to all work together.

“Joker in the pack? I’m willing to play wherever I’m needed. Of course, it’s a bit tough at the beginning, but that’s why I train.

“I’ve played in several positions for Juve. I’m happy because it means that the Coach has faith in me, and I try to pay it back whenever I go out on the pitch.

“National team? I didn’t watch the matches. I’m sorry to read the criticism about them because I know how it feels a bit and it’s the pinnacle for any player.

“Difficulties can arise at the beginning of a new cycle, but I’m sure Italy will come out with their heads held as high as ever.”

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
130798 messaggi

2dky5ig.jpg

swcy9l.png

JUVENTUS - LAZIO 

8th Matchday

Allianz Stadium - Turin

Juve and Lazio count injuries

http://www.football-italia.net/111158/juve-and-lazio-count-injuries

Oct 11, 2017 

Juventus and Lazio are hoping to get players like Sami Khedira, Claudio Marchisio and Bastos back in time for Saturday’s match.

It kicks off on Saturday at 18.00 CET - 17.00 UK time (16.00 GMT).

The Bianconeri are certainly without Miralem Pjanic, Benedikt Howedes, Mattia De Sciglio and Marko Pjaca.

Today there was a friendly run-out against a local side for 50 minutes with four goals scored, two of them by Khedira, who proved he is on the way back to full fitness.

Daniele Rugani and Gonzalo Higuain were also on target.

Marchisio took part in the test, but Mario Mandzukic and Andrea Barzagli worked separately in training after picking up knocks on international duty.

While at first the Croatia side suggested it was a potentially serious knee problem for Mandzukic, he was able to start their final World Cup qualifier.

As for Lazio, defender Bastos returned to training after three weeks out of action and could well start the match this weekend.

Senad Lulic has also shaken off a problem while on international duty, but Dusan Basta, Wallace, Felipe Anderson and youth team forward Simone Palombi miss out.

Adam Marusic worked separately from the rest of the squad in training today, but is expected to recover in time, where he’ll challenge Patric for a spot on the right.

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
130798 messaggi

2dky5ig.jpg

swcy9l.png

JUVENTUS - LAZIO 

8th Matchday

Allianz Stadium - Turin
Referee: Paolo Mazzoleni

Bernardeschi: 'Juve-Lazio battle'

http://www.football-italia.net/111165/bernardeschi-juve-lazio-battle

Oct 11, 2017 

Federico Bernardeschi expects “a real battle” for Juventus against Lazio and Sporting CP over the next week. “Every day I feel better.”

The Bianconeri are going into two potentially decisive clashes in Serie A and the Champions League, especially as Roma-Napoli is also on Saturday.

“It’ll be wonderful to see these great sides face off,” Bernardeschi told JTV.

“This will certainly be an important round and we are well aware that Lazio are strong, have big objectives and are coming off a great season.

“They’ve started well this term too, so it’s going to be a real battle, but we are ready.”

Lazio have already beaten Juve once this season, 3-2 to win the Italian Super Cup in August.

After that, the Bianconeri go into the Champions League against Sporting CP, having lost to Barcelona and beaten Olympiakos.

“The Coach is right to say much of our qualification campaign goes through the meetings with the Portuguese side. It’ll be an enjoyable challenge, besides which the Champions League is always an extraordinary occasion, starting from the moment you hear the anthem…”

Bernardeschi was given his first start in a Juventus jersey in the 2-2 draw with Atalanta, contributing a goal and assist for Gonzalo Higuain.

“I have a long way to go and a lot of experience to attain, but I am happy, because every day I feel better.

“I love to play football and that remains regardless of the position I am playing in. I live the game moment by moment and do what feels right.”

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
130798 messaggi

2dky5ig.jpg

swcy9l.png

JUVENTUS - LAZIO 

8th Matchday

Allianz Stadium - Turin

Paolo Mazzoleni to ref Juventus-Lazio

http://www.football-italia.net/111186/tagliavento-ref-milan-derby

Oct 12, 2017 

Paolo Mazzoleni will be in the middle as Lazio visit Juventus.

Paolo Tagliavento has been announced as the referee for Sunday’s Derby della Madonnina between Inter and Milan.

The 45-year-old took charge of the Nerazzurri’s first game of the season, a 3-0 win over Fiorentina, and is fresh off running the rule over Switzerland’s 5-2 win over Hungary in the international break.

In what is a big Serie A weekend, Gianluca Rocchi has been assigned to Roma’s game with Napoli. 

Serie A Week 8 referees:

Bologna-SPAL - Marco Guida
Cagliari-Genoa - Davide Massa
Crotone-Torino - Paolo Valeri
Fiorentina-Udinese - Massimiliano Irrati
Verona-Benevento - Marco Di Bello
Inter-Milan - Paolo Tagliavento
Juventus-Lazio - Paolo Mazzoleni
Roma-Napoli - Gianluca Rocchi
Sampdoria-Atalanta - Maurizio Mariani

Sassuolo-Chievo - Gianluca Manganiello

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
130798 messaggi

2dky5ig.jpg

swcy9l.png

JUVENTUS - LAZIO 

8th Matchday

Allianz Stadium - Turin

Peruzzi: ‘Juventus the team to beat’

http://www.football-italia.net/111194/peruzzi-‘juventus-team-beat’

Oct 12, 2017 

Lazio team manager Angelo Peruzzi sees Juventus as “the team to beat again this year”.

The Biancocelesti face the champions in Turin on Saturday evening, and the former goalkeeper spoke to Premium Sport ahead of the match.

“It will be a different game from the one in August,” Peruzzi said, referring to the Supercoppa triumph.

“Hopefully the result will be the same. It won’t be easy at their home, they haven’t lost much at Juventus Stadium, but we’ll try.

“We’ve done so much in training this week, we’ll go to Turin to play a great game.

“The Scudetto? Juventus are still the strongest team in Italy, and maybe in Europe. They have a great squad and they can cause problems for anyone.

“They’re the team to beat again this year.”

Peruzzi is a former Juve goalkeeper, and he was asked about what some say is a decline in Gianluigi Buffon.

“It’s become a common saying now!” the former Italy international laughed.

“Gigi is very strong, if he keeps training he can play for several more years.”

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
130798 messaggi

2dky5ig.jpg

swcy9l.png

JUVENTUS - LAZIO 

8th Matchday

Allianz Stadium - Turin

Rugani: 'Juve, Roma, Napoli for Scudetto'

http://www.football-italia.net/111201/rugani-juve-roma-napoli-scudetto

Oct 12, 2017 

Juventus defender Daniele Rugani believes “our rivals for the Scudetto are Napoli and Roma, with Inter and Milan slightly behind.”

The former Empoli defender spoke to Mediaset Premium and Sky Sport Italia this afternoon.

“I am honoured by the respect this club shows for me and I’ll do everything to repay that faith. I know that I am at an important club with many great champions, and over the course of a long and difficult season there will be the need for everyone to contribute.

“I’m well aware that I have a long way to go in order to reach a higher level, but the objective is to play more, do well and become an important element for the squad.”

Juve dropped Serie A points for the first time in a 2-2 draw with Atalanta and host high-flying Lazio on Saturday.

“It was a strange match in Bergamo, as we started well and could’ve been more solid. We must learn those lessons, react against Lazio and get back the points we lost, also pressing the reset button after an intense week of international duty.

“Our defeat to Lazio in the Italian Super Cup was painful and we want to make up for it. This’ll be a very different match, as that was the first of the year and a one-off Final played in Rome.

“We know Lazio are a strong side with quality players and can have their say against anyone. Ciro Immobile is one of the best strikers in Serie A and we must certainly keep an eye on him.

“Our rivals for the Scudetto are Napoli and Roma, with Inter and Milan slightly behind and gaining more quality. This is certainly a more difficult and even league than before, and the same goes for the Champions League, where even Paris Saint-Germain have stepped into the list of potential favourites.”

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
130798 messaggi

2dky5ig.jpg

swcy9l.png

JUVENTUS - LAZIO 

8th Matchday

Allianz Stadium - Turin

Inzaghi flattered by Juve talk, but...

http://www.football-italia.net/111242/inzaghi-flattered-juve-talk

Oct 13, 2017 

Lazio boss Simone Inzaghi admits he is flattered by talk of him replacing Max Allegri at Juventus but insists “they already have a great Coach.”

Inzaghi has been linked with becoming Juve’s next trainer if Allegri decides to leave the club, with the speculation overshadowing the build-up to Lazio’s clash with the Bianconeri on Saturday.

“We know that tomorrow, we must have great humility and competitive rage,” he said at a Press conference.

“We need to show urgency and determination. We’ll find an angry team after their draw in Bergamo.

“They’re almost unbeatable at home, we’ll try to have a game of character. We’re hoping for the perfect match, hoping they’re not at their best.

“Talk of replacing Allegri? It pleases me, but Juve already have a great Coach. The next five games will be very important, it’ll be even harder than September.

“Injuries? We need to take Wallace’s calf, it’s a delicate muscle. Nani? He’s better, his intensity will improve week after week.

“He’ll play either tomorrow on Thursday. He’s gaining confidence on the pitch.

“Marusic and Patric had some small problems yesterday, but things went better for them this morning.

“Lukaku’s in some pain, Marusic feels a bit weary, but everything should be resolved with him.

“Lukaku? I hope to have him back between Thursday and Sunday, although I’d have liked to have him back for Nice.

“Bastos, on the other hand, is well again and has recovered. If the gap between Lazio and Juventus has narrowed, it’ll depend on us.

“The gap is there and always will be. Juventus have been put together in a certain way.

“Even if they lose players every summer, they bring in others. They’ve always been ahead of Napoli, who have got so close to them.

“As far as we’re concerned, it’ll depend on the approach, not giving up, the performance of every player. Intensity will make the difference on the pitch.”

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
130798 messaggi

2dky5ig.jpg

swcy9l.png

JUVENTUS - LAZIO 

8th Matchday

Allianz Stadium - Turin

Juve: Khedira & Manduzkic in

http://www.football-italia.net/111249/juve-khedira-manduzkic

Oct 13, 2017 

Sami Khedira and Mario Mandzukic are in Juventus’ squad to face Lazio in Serie A on Saturday.

Khedira had been out since August with a knee injury, but the midfielder has been given the all-clear to feature against Lazio.

As for Mandzukic, there were fears that the striker had suffered a serious ankle injury while representing Croatia on international duty.

However, those have been allayed as the 31-year-old is among the Bianconeri’s forward options this weekend.

Juventus squad for Lazio: Buffon, Pinsoglio, Szczesny; Chiellini, Benatia, Alex Sandro, Barzagli, Rugani, Lichtsteiner; Khedira, Matuidi, Asamoah, Sturaro, Bentancur; Cuadrado, Higuain, Dybala, Costa, Mandzukic, Bernardeschi

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
130798 messaggi

2dky5ig.jpg

swcy9l.png

JUVENTUS - LAZIO 

8th Matchday

Allianz Stadium - Turin

Dybala dropped for Juve-Lazio?

http://www.football-italia.net/111263/dybala-dropped-juve-lazio

Oct 14, 2017 

There are reports Juventus could bench Paulo Dybala for today’s Serie A clash with Lazio, starting Federico Bernardeschi and Douglas Costa.

It kicks off at 18.00 CET - 17.00 UK time (16.00 GMT).

The Bianconeri go into the showdown without injured Miralem Pjanic, Claudio Marchisio, Mattia De Sciglio, Benedikt Howedes and Marko Pjaca.

Andrea Barzagli and Mario Mandzukic picked up knocks on international duty, but are expected to start anyway.

The real surprise could be in attack, where it’s reported Dybala might be on the bench in favour of Bernardeschi in a trequartista role.

La Joya just returned from international duty in Argentina, even thought he was sent to the bench in those World Cup qualifiers as he struggles to share the field with Leo Messi.

Max Allegri is considering both the usual 4-2-3-1 system with Bernardeschi in Dybala’s position, flanked by Douglas Costa and Mandzukic, and the 4-3-3.

Lazio have relatively few doubts, as Simone Inzaghi already has to do without Dusan Basta, Felipe Anderson, Wallace, Jordan Lukaku and Simone Palombi.

Bastos returns to the starting XI in defence with Ciro Immobile supported by Luis Alberto and Sergej Milinkovic-Savic.

Juventus (4-3-3): Buffon; Lichtsteiner, Barzagli, Chiellini, Asamoah; Khedira, Bentancur, Matuidi; Douglas Costa, Higuain, Mandzukic

OR

Juventus (4-2-3-1): Buffon; Lichtsteiner, Barzagli, Chiellini, Asamoah; Khedira, Matuidi; Douglas Costa, Bernardeschi, Mandzukic; Higuain

Lazio (3-5-1-1): Strakosha; Bastos, De Vrij, Radu; Marusic, Parolo, Leiva, Milinkovic-Savic, Lulic; Luis Alberto; Immobile

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
130798 messaggi

2dky5ig.jpg

swcy9l.png

JUVENTUS - LAZIO 

8th Matchday

Allianz Stadium - Turin

Nedved: 'Napoli only look better'

http://www.football-italia.net/111266/nedved-napoli-only-look-better

Oct 14, 2017 

Pavel Nedved insists Napoli only “seem” more spectacular than Juventus, explains his problem with VAR and what went wrong in the Champions League Final.

It kicks off at 18.00 CET - 17.00 UK time (16.00 GMT).

“I can’t say yet if Juventus are stronger or weaker this season, as you only know that if you win,” Nedved told La Repubblica.

“I really like this team and think it can become an improvement on last term. There’s a lot of strength in depth in attack and, even if we lost something with Leonardo Bonucci in defence, those who remained are just as good.

“Everyone says Napoli play better football, but it’s not as if we don’t know how to play, is it? Napoli seem more spectacular, but they only look that way, because they move quickly and finish many of their chances.

“I have plenty of entertainment with Paulo Dybala, Douglas Costa and Federico Bernardeschi. Besides, what is beautiful football? A give and go?

“Sooner or later, someone else will win the Scudetto and end the Juventus run. I know that day will come, but I hope it’ll be as late as possible.”

Some cynics would suggest Juve are more likely to lose the Serie A title now that the Video Assistant Referee has been introduced.

“It’s not true that Juventus don’t like VAR, as we welcome technology, but it must be the same for everyone. I personally think VAR has taken something away from football, some of the emotional element: you score a goal and don’t know if you’re allowed to celebrate.”

While the Bianconeri dominated Serie A for six years, they lost their second Champions League Final in three seasons.

“That night, we were sure that our moment had come and we didn’t take into account a remarkable Real Madrid.

Perhaps I’m the one who brings bad luck with the Champions League, but we will try again.”

Nedved famously missed the 2003 Final through suspension, but went on to win the Ballon d’Or that year.

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
130798 messaggi

2dky5ig.jpg

swcy9l.png

JUVENTUS - LAZIO 

8th Matchday

Allianz Stadium - Turin

Line-ups: Juventus-Lazio

http://www.football-italia.net/111282/line-ups-juventus-lazio

Oct 14, 2017 

Juventus try to take revenge for their Italian Super Cup defeat as they host Ciro Immobile’s Lazio, but leave Paulo Dybala on the bench.

It kicks off at the Allianz Juventus Stadium at 18.00 CET - 17.00 UK time (16.00 GMT).

These sides met back in August when Lazio won the Supercoppa Italiana in a 3-2 thriller, Alessandro Murgia securing a stoppage-time decisive strike.

Immobile and Dybala were both on target that day and have been consistent Capocannoniere candidates all season.

The Bianconeri lost their 100 per cent record before the break for international duty, fumbling a 2-0 lead to draw 2-2 with Atalanta and falling behind leaders Napoli.

Max Allegri is without Claudio Marchisio, Miralem Pjanic, Mattia De Sciglio, Benedikt Howedes and Marko Pjaca, but Sami Khedira and Mario Mandzukic have shaken off injuries to start.

Surprisingly, Dybala is rested following international duty for Argentina and Allegri tries the 4-3-3 system again with Douglas Costa.

Gonzalo Higuain ended his goal drought against Atalanta, but was still snubbed by Argentina and is eager to prove a point.

Pipita has scored 13 goals against Lazio in 15 meetings, making them his favourite targets, while Dybala netted nine and Giorgio Chiellini five.

Lazio have only lost once this season in all competition, a 4-1 defeat to Napoli during an injury crisis that is still affecting them.

Felipe Anderson, Wallace and Dusan Basta are still out of action, joined by Jordan Lukaku, but Bastos is back and starts in the three-man defence with also not fully fit Stefan de Vrij.

Immobile is supported by Luis Alberto, with Sergej Milinkovic-Savic and Lucas Leiva in midfield.

It’s safe to say Lazio do not have a good record against Juventus, not beating them in Serie A since December 2003 with a run of six draws and 19 defeats, while the most recent top flight victory in Turin was all the way back in 2002.

The Bianconeri have won the last six league encounters in a row, not conceding a single goal.

Juventus: Buffon; Lichtsteiner, Barzagli, Chiellini, Asamoah; Khedira, Bentancur, Matuidi; Douglas Costa, Higuain, Mandzukic

Juventus bench: Szczesny, Pinsoglio, Benatia, Alex Sandro, Rugani, Sturaro, Dybala, Cuadrado, Bernardeschi

Lazio: Strakosha; Bastos, De Vrij, Radu; Marusic, Parolo, Leiva, Milinkovic-Savic, Lulic; Luis Alberto; Immobile

Lazio bench: Vargic, Guerrieri, Luiz Felipe, Mauricio, Murgia, Di Gennaro, Patric, Pedro Neto, Nani, Caicedo

Ref: Mazzoleni

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
130798 messaggi

2dky5ig.jpg

swcy9l.png

JUVENTUS - LAZIO 

8th Matchday

Allianz Stadium - Turin

Marotta: 'Bentancur a great talent'

http://www.football-italia.net/111286/marotta-bentancur-great-talent

Oct 14, 2017 

Juventus director Beppe Marotta denies interest in Simone Inzaghi, explains Paulo Dybala’s exclusion with Lazio and is not surprised by Rodrigo Bentancur.

It kicks off at the Allianz Juventus Stadium at 18.00 CET - 17.00 UK time (16.00 GMT).

“Simone Inzaghi is having a good career, he’s a fine young Coach, but we view the rumours linking him to Juventus with absolute indifference,” the director general told Mediaset Premium.

“Dybala returned yesterday and was tired after the two Argentina games, but we knew that it was going to be a balancing act this season between our own games and those on international duty. That is why we have such a large squad with many options to choose from.”

Uruguay international Bentancur also returned from South America on Friday, but he is in the starting XI anyway.

“We’ve been following Bentancur for several years, we knew he was a talent and he has everything it takes off the field to become a star too, as he learns quickly, looks after himself and is very professional.”

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
130798 messaggi

2dky5ig.jpg

swcy9l.png

JUVENTUS - LAZIO 

8th Matchday

Allianz Stadium - Turin

HT 1-0: Douglas Costa breaks down Lazio

http://www.football-italia.net/111287/ht-douglas-costa-breaks-down-lazio

Oct 14, 2017 

Douglas Costa has given Juventus the half-time lead over Lazio and Gonzalo Higuain hit the bar in a bizarre incident.

These sides already crossed paths in August with a dramatic 3-2 stoppage-time Lazio victory in the Italian Super Cup, but the Aquile managed just six draws and 19 defeats since their last Serie A win over Juve back in December 2003. Sami Khedira and Mario Mandzukic shook off knocks to start, but Miralem Pjanic, Claudio Marchisio, Mattia De Sciglio, Benedikt Howedes and Marko Pjaca missed out. Paulo Dybala and Alex Sandro were surprisingly rested. Bastos returned, though Felipe Anderson, Wallace, Dusan Basta and Jordan Lukaku were still injured for the visitors.

Blaise Matuidi scuffed over from distance and Sergej Milinkovic-Savic saw his free kick charged down, but Juventus took the lead on 24 minutes with the first Douglas Costa goal.

Kwadwo Asamoah pulled back from the left for the unmarked Khedira from 12 yards, whose shot was beaten away by Thomas Strakosha into the path of Douglas Costa. There was a long wait to check for offside on VAR, but Bastos was keeping him in play.

Douglas Costa also saw a ‘trivela’ free kick charged down and Higuain twice was in a promising position, but took one too many touches and was closed down.

Khedira unleashed a screamer from distance that Strakosha fingertipped round the far post, but there was a bizarre moment on 37 minutes when Higuain pressed the goalkeeper so much that he deflected a clearance on to the underside of the crossbar from point-blank range.

Lazio fought back, Giorgio Chiellini and Andrea Barzagli both diving in to block Immobile, then Luis Alberto turned beautifully and his lob was intercepted by Chiellini’s desperate header.

Juventus 1-0 Lazio (Half-Time)

Douglas Costa 24 (J)

Juventus: Buffon; Lichtsteiner, Barzagli, Chiellini, Asamoah; Khedira, Bentancur, Matuidi; Douglas Costa, Higuain, Mandzukic

Lazio: Strakosha; Bastos, De Vrij, Radu; Marusic, Parolo, Leiva, Milinkovic-Savic, Lulic; Luis Alberto; Immobile

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
130798 messaggi

2dky5ig.jpg

swcy9l.png

JUVENTUS - LAZIO 

nuovo-logo-juve-png-128x128.png  1-2 1245.png .......... 

Douglas Costa 23'

Ciro Immobile 47'

Ciro Immobile rigore 54'

8th Matchday

Allianz Stadium - Turin

Dramatic Lazio end Juve record

22405811_1301745466602910_13548131551465

https://www.football-italia.net/SerieA/match/106443

Oct 14, 2017 

Ciro Immobile’s second-half brace and Paulo Dybala’s last-gasp parried penalty saw Lazio end the Juventus home unbeaten record after over two years.

The last Serie A match lost at the Juventus Stadium was 1-0 to Udinese in August 2015.

These sides already crossed paths in August with a dramatic 3-2 stoppage-time Lazio victory in the Italian Super Cup, but the Aquile managed just six draws and 19 defeats since their last Serie A win over Juve back in December 2003. Sami Khedira and Mario Mandzukic shook off knocks to start, but Miralem Pjanic, Claudio Marchisio, Mattia De Sciglio, Benedikt Howedes and Marko Pjaca missed out. Paulo Dybala and Alex Sandro were surprisingly rested. Bastos returned, though Felipe Anderson, Wallace, Dusan Basta and Jordan Lukaku were still injured for the visitors.

Blaise Matuidi scuffed over from distance and Sergej Milinkovic-Savic saw his free kick charged down, but Juventus took the lead on 24 minutes with the first Douglas Costa goal.

Kwadwo Asamoah pulled back from the left for the unmarked Khedira from 12 yards, whose shot was beaten away by Thomas Strakosha into the path of Douglas Costa. There was a long wait to check for offside on VAR, but Bastos was keeping him in play.

Douglas Costa also saw a ‘trivela’ free kick charged down and Higuain twice was in a promising position, but took one too many touches and was closed down.

Khedira unleashed a screamer from distance that Strakosha fingertipped round the far post, but there was a bizarre moment on 37 minutes when Higuain pressed the goalkeeper so much that he deflected a clearance on to the underside of the crossbar from point-blank range.

Lazio fought back, Giorgio Chiellini and Andrea Barzagli both diving in to block Immobile, then Luis Alberto turned beautifully and his lob was intercepted by Chiellini’s desperate header.

Straight after the restart, Lazio got back on level terms. Immobile completed a delicate give and go with Luis Alberto, steering into the far bottom corner with the inside of the boot. It was his 14th competitive goal of the season.

Moments later, Juve almost restored their advantage, but Higuain’s low finish was denied by Strakosha’s outstretched foot in a reaction save.

It was suddenly wide open and Milinkovic-Savic threaded through to release Immobile, who went down under a Gigi Buffon challenge. Immobile converted the penalty himself to turn the game around completely in just seven minutes.

The match became end to end stuff, a Chiellini long ball for Higuain decisively intercepted at the last moment and Milinkovic-Savic drilling wide.

Dybala was finally unleashed and Juve returned to 4-2-3-1, as within a couple of minutes his cross found Bernardeschi at the back post and Senad Lulic did just enough to stop the acrobatic tap-in.

Dybala also saw a volley charged down and at the 91st minute La Joya thought he’d levelled it with a half-volley from outside the box, but it bounced off the inside of the far post with Strakosha well beaten.

At the other end, Buffon stuck out a leg to deny Felipe Caicedo on a Milinkovic-Savic assist that sent him one-on-one with the goalkeeper.

The incredibly dramatic game wasn’t over yet, as at the 96th minute Patric clattered into Bernardeschi and at first the referee did not award anything, but after he was urged by the VAR to view the footage, decided on a penalty. Dybala stepped up and with the last kick of the game saw his penalty saved by Strakosha to secure the victory for Lazio.

Juventus: Buffon; Lichtsteiner (Sturaro 72), Barzagli, Chiellini, Asamoah; Khedira (Dybala 65), Bentancur, Matuidi; Douglas Costa (Bernardeschi 55), Higuain, Mandzukic

Lazio: Strakosha; Bastos, De Vrij, Radu; Marusic, Parolo, Leiva, Milinkovic-Savic, Lulic (Patric 83); Luis Alberto (Nani 72); Immobile (Caicedo 76)

Saved penalty: Dybala 98 (J)

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
130798 messaggi

2dky5ig.jpg

swcy9l.png

JUVENTUS - LAZIO 

nuovo-logo-juve-png-128x128.png  1-2 1245.png .......... 

Douglas Costa 23'

Ciro Immobile 47'

Ciro Immobile rigore 54'

8th Matchday

Allianz Stadium - Turin

Allegri: 'Juventus were warned'

201815566-6acfd61a-5d99-4b02-80a5-997ab6

http://www.football-italia.net/111292/allegri-juventus-were-warned

Oct 14, 2017 

Max Allegri said Juventus ignored the “warning signs” in previous games and were punished by Lazio, but explained his Paulo Dybala decisions.

The Bianconeri hadn’t lost a Serie A home fixture since August 2015, while they were unbeaten here in 57 competitive matches (winning 50 and drawing seven), but Lazio emerged 2-1 thanks to a Ciro Immobile brace.

“We had the warning signs against Torino, Sassuolo and Atalanta. We have these drops in concentration and pay a heavy price for them,” the Coach told Mediaset Premium.

“Between Bergamo and today we have dropped five points and haven’t realised yet that to win the Scudetto you must fight every single day. It’s a hard slog. Some were a little tired, others carrying knocks, but these are not excuses, as we dropped five points.

“Now we’ve got an important game on Wednesday against Sporting in the Champions League and we have to win.

“We ran into a very well-organised Lazio side that is dangerous on the counter. I was just disappointed we lost the ball too easily. We were too soft in the tackle, otherwise Lazio never really got into our half in the first period.

“Those are the moments that decide a match. If you drop a point here and a point there, in the end you’re not going to win the Scudetto.

“Douglas Costa did some things well, other things not so well, but it was better than the other times.”

Dybala was surprisingly on the bench along with Alex Sandro, but when he did come on, La Joya hit the post and saw a last-gasp penalty saved by Thomas Strakosha.

“When Dybala returned on Thursday night, he was not feeling great and only had one training session. Bentancur returned on Friday and didn’t train at all. Some players arrived late from international duty in South America, and with injuries too, that’s just how it panned out.

“I tell Paulo to relax and not get worried, as these moments happen in a career. He needs to rediscover the determination to get back on track immediately.

“As I’ve always said, I am in favour of VAR, but I’d prefer there to be fewer interruptions to the flow of the game.”

Napoli visit Roma this evening and with a victory the leaders would go five points clear of Juventus.

“It’s a pity we dropped points, but maybe it’s better it happened now.”

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
130798 messaggi

2dky5ig.jpg

2yvo10i.jpg

JUVENTUS - LAZIO 

Douglas Costa 23'

Ciro Immobile 47'

Ciro Immobile rigore 54'

8th Matchday

Allianz Stadium - Turin

Juventus 1 - Lazio 2: Initial reaction and random observations

Things are fine. Everything is fine. (Not really.)

234353959-14928c3b-dee9-449b-afe2-ff825f

https://www.blackwhitereadallover.com/2017/10/14/16475926/juventus-lazio-2017

-serie-a-round-8-final-score-result-initial-reaction-and-random-observations

Oct 14, 2017 

I sat around during the entire 15 minutes of halftime trying to think of a way to describe the first half of play. It was far from normal, far from something you’d call textbook or ordinary. You know how it went. A VAR call actually went in Juventus’ favor and resulted in Douglas Costa scoring his first-ever Juventus goal. A goalkeeping blunder almost turned into one of the easiest goals Juve ever scored.

Luckily for me, Juventus was able to take my mind off the unorthodox happenings and shenanigans of the first 45 minutes of play against Lazio on Saturday night.

But not in a good way.

View image on Twitter

Lazio are the first visiting team to beat Juventus in Serie A since Udinese in in August 2015.

The 41-game unbeaten streak comes to an end.

We talked about the fantastic 10-minute spell that Paulo Dybala had against Lazio in the Supercoppa two months ago that allowed Juventus to even have a chance of winning their first trophy of the season back in August. Well, it was the complete opposite of that for Juventus during the first 10 minutes of the second half against Lazio. Not only did Ciro Immbolie carve Juve’s defense apart to tie the game, but then scored on a penalty that might not have actually been worth of a penalty to give Lazio the 2-1 win and end Juventus’ latest run of home dominance.

Not even Dybala and all of his wonderfulness could save Juventus this time.

That’s just how bad it was.

Not only did Simone Inzaghi absolutely school Max Allegri — again — in a Juventus-Lazio matchup, but the overall product was about as bad as we’ve seen this season. We can point to Gonzalo Higuain having a bad miss or Dybala missing a last-second penalty, sure, but Juve should have never been in that kind of position. It should have never come to that, really. If Dybala had scored, it would have been a totally undeserved point, one that surely would have had the entire country of Italy screaming foul play and causing even more VAR-related anger.

(For the record, the penalty on Federico Bernardeschi was certainly a lot more deserved than the one Immobile got earlier in the half.)

There’s none of that, though.

The biggest thing to come out of this is something that we’re starting to learn about this Juventus team, one that has now allowed seven goals in its first eight league games of the season. This team is not only playing far off its potential, but also isn’t nearly the complete kind of product that we’ve seen in previous seasons.

It’s October. There’s still 30 games left on the Serie A schedule. But this team has serious problems that need to be addressed — and fast.

They can’t rely on Dybala to be their only source of goals. They can’t rely on Giorgio Chiellini to be the only consistent defender if this is the current hierarchy of central defenders that Max Allegri is going to go with. They can’t rely on an aging backline to continue its defensive dominance from the previous six seasons because that’s just not how Father Time works.

Juventus are still Scudetto favorites even though they can be four points off the pace if Napoli beats Roma a little later in the day.

But, the thing is, unless Juventus fix their problems, the notion that they’re the best team in Italy and capable of making another deep Champions League run is going to be questioned just a little more and more with every disappointing performance.

And after the disaster of a second half against Lazio on Saturday, it’s not like those problems are suddenly fixed. Not by a long shot.

RANDOM THOUGHTS AND OBSERVATIONS

• I guess Max Allegri didn’t read BWRAO’s recent article on Daniele Rugani.
  • I guess Max Allegri didn’t read BWRAO’s recent article on Federico Bernardeschi, either.
  • I guess Max Allegri didn’t read BWRAO ... just kidding. That’s all.
  • I’m not going to keep beating a dead horse when it comes to not playing Rugani, but it’s becoming more and more apparent that Juventus need to start him at this point. There’s absolutely nothing to disprove the notion that Andrea Barzagli or Medhi Benatia are a better option than Rugani is. The way Immobile darted past Barzagli on the first goal was basically a realization that Rugani is needed now more than ever.
    I don’t know what it will take for Allegri to actually play Rugani in a big game, but I’d sure as hell like to hear something other than “Daniele has a great future at this club” or something like that.
  • What Allegri is doing over the last month is showing an incredible amount of faith in Rodrigo Bentancur, who can become even more important to this team if the 4-3-3 formation is going to become a real option to go to. With Claudio Marchisio still out injured, it’s Bentancur’s ability to play as a regista that will allow Allegri to bounce between the 4-2-3-1 and 4-3-3 whenever he so pleases. That’s good because Bentancur continues to be fantastic, too.
  • Sami Khedira was back in the starting lineup and back to playing well. That’s a pretty good development on both fronts for Juventus. (Note: This was written at halftime when I was actually in a somewhat good mood.)
  • One of the worst things from this loss: It’s the 85th minute, Juventus has the ball in Lazio’s half of the field, and more than just a few players are just standing around while a teammate is on the ball. There was no sense of urgency, no nothing. It was almost like they thought there was still another half of ball to go, not five minutes and then stoppages.
  • What has been a huge strength of every one of Juve’s title-winning sides the last six seasons? Defense. What has been one of Juventus’ biggest issues this season? Defense. Juve can overcome tough days in attack when they’re playing well defensively. They’re not playing well defensively right now. Not by any means.
  • Another day, another big-time Gonzalo Higuain miss. It’s unfortunately becoming the norm these days, isn’t it?
  • Final thought: Dammit, dammit all to hell. That was stupid.

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
130798 messaggi

2dky5ig.jpg

swcy9l.png

JUVENTUS - LAZIO 

Douglas Costa 23'

Ciro Immobile 47'

Ciro Immobile rigore 54'

8th Matchday

Allianz Stadium - Turin

Khedira: ‘Juventus conceding too many’

093617868-b7db4661-8eff-48ff-9c60-dd9b30

http://www.football-italia.net/111388/khedira-‘juventus-conceding-too-many’

Oct 16, 2017 

Sami Khedira says Juventus “are conceding too many goals” but “it’s not a question of the formation”.

The Bianconeri lost 2-1 at home to Lazio on Saturday night to leave them five points behind leaders Napoli, and the German international admits they’re having issues at the back.

“Obviously, as with every game, we’ve rematched the match against Lazio together,” Khedira told Sky.

“We noticed that the second half wasn’t up to the level of the first, above all from a defensive point of view.

“At the moment what we have to do the most work on is concentration, what happened in Bergamo [against Atalanta] and against Lazio wasn’t positive, these are teams who will punish you in a lethal manner if you let your level drop, which is exactly what happened.

“If you’re ahead you can’t give up, you have to look for more goals until you’re sure that you’ve won.

“We’re conceding too many goals, it’s not a question of the formation, but how we move together on the pitch."

Napoli lead the way at the top of the table, with Inter just two points behind them, so it appears there will be a real battle for the Scudetto this season.

“They’re in great form, they have two great Coaches [Maurizio Sarri and Luciano Spalletti respectively] and they’re playing really well.

“Being five points behind Napoli isn’t nice, but it’s a long season and the results of recent years tell us that we’re among the contenders for the final victory.

“Inter have improved a lot, they don’t lose their heads and they’re organised.”

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
130798 messaggi

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTRpj1RcEjjGbP0Ptg6aHR

swcy9l.png

JUVENTUS - SPORTING

nuovo-logo-juve-png-128x128.png.......... Sporting-CP-Lisbon-icon.png

3rd Matchday

Wednesday, october 18th 2017 - 08:45 p.m. CET
Allianz Stadium - Turin
Referee: Michael Oliver (England)

Khedira: ‘Sporting not an easy game’

http://www.football-italia.net/111389/khedira-‘sporting-not-easy-game’

Oct 16, 2017

Sami Khedira warns Sporting are “not an easy opponent” for Juventus, ahead of their Champions League double-header.

The Bianconeri face the Portuguese side home and away in their next two group stage matches, and the German midfielder urges his teammates not to be complacent.

“Sporting have shown in these first two matches that they’re not an easy opponent,” Khedira warned, speaking to Sky.

“They’re Portuguese, they love to play with the ball. We’ll have to approach these matches playing patiently, without pushing to score a load of goals in the first few minutes.”

Khedira was also asked about two midfield arrivals this summer, Blaise Matuidi and Rodrigo Bentancur.

“Blaise is a player whose quality was well known, he was with Paris Saint-Germain and the French national team. It’s not a surprise to me, he’s a physical player, but not just that.

“As for Rodrigo, he’s young but he has great talent and he’s doing really well. He’s not shy, he demands the ball and tries to push the team.

“He has a great future with us.”

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
130798 messaggi

swcy9l.png

JUVENTUS - SPORTING

3rd Matchday

Wednesday, october 18th 2017 - 08:45 p.m. CET
Allianz Stadium - Turin

Chiellini: ‘Juventus have started well’

http://www.football-italia.net/111418/chiellini-‘juventus-have-started-well’

Oct 17, 2017

Giorgio Chiellini insists Juventus “have made a good start to the season”, despite the defeat to Lazio.

The Bianconeri are five points off the top of Serie A following their 2-1 loss on Saturday evening, and were also thrashed 3-0 by Barcelona in the Champions League.

“In the last few years we’ve always been a good diesel engine, and we’re doing the same as last year,” Chiellini shrugged in the Press conference ahead of tomorrow’s Sporting CP match.

“Two years ago we did worse, we’re a team who are aiming to be in the right position in March. We need to find new equilibriums and it’ll take time.

“We’ve made a good start to the season, the false step on Saturday doesn’t affect us, even if it conditions the view of us for the rest.

“If we’ve got two points less than last season though, we’ve done more or less what’s expected. We need to remain calm, because jitters won’t get you anywhere positive.

“We know we need to give more, but we also know we’re a smart group with experience, and I’m sure we’ll respond tomorrow and in the coming weeks, because we’ve always done that.

“There was a lot of regret [about the Lazio result] in the heat of the moment, because if we hadn’t got that wrong then we’d still be unbeaten at home.

“The ingredients are ones I’ve listed before, there are no tactics, formations or other things, we just have to do a little bit more.

“It was a also a particular weekend because the national teams had taken a lot out of us, both physically and emotionally because now the games are getting more and more important, and the tension is growing.

“We lived it as Italians - and we’ll live it even more so in November - and the South Americans even more so because over three or four days they had this in or out thriller, luckily it went well for ours.

“These are small things which aren’t excuses, but that influenced our match. We still had to put something more in though, because fundamentally we knew all this.

“More than concentration,I think we just have to understand the moments within the game and the dangers present because, with the qualities we have, at times it can all seem easy.

“That’s not being presumptive, but we can’t hide from it. With the utmost respect for Lazio - who deserved it, they were brilliant and they have great players - you can’t compare the two squads.

“Every now and then it seems to easy, and if you relax a bit you lose that fear - that healthy fear - and then you risk everything.

“As I’ve said before, it takes calm, hard work and sacrifice and we’ll do what we’ve always done, what we did in the first matches with some blackouts we need to improve.”

Chiellini then did turn his thoughts to tomorrow’s match, the first of a double-header against the Portuguese side.

“Tomorrow is a clash we’ll play home and away to go through, we want the Last 16 because that’s when you can turn things around.

“It’s 99 per cent certain Barcelona will finish first, and that barring some surprises in the last games Olympiakos won’t go through, so this is basically a knockout home and away tie against a good side.

“They’ve strengthened and they have a Coach [Jorge Jesus] who brings with him bad memories for us, so we have a lot of desire to do well regardless of the league.

“We all care about the Champions League, and we know in this home and away tie we’re playing for qualification.

"Sporting have definitely improved as a team over last year, they've signed important players, they have a good coach, they defend well and also they have important technical qualities to hurt you.

"They're certainly the strongest team from the fourth pot, we have a lot of respect for them and we know it will be very difficult to play in a passionate stadium like the Alvalade in Lisbon.

"What we're thinking about though is getting a crucial three points tomorrow."

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
130798 messaggi

swcy9l.png

JUVENTUS - SPORTING

3rd Matchday

Wednesday, october 18th 2017 - 08:45 p.m. CET
Allianz Stadium - Turin

‘Not just defenders responsible’

http://www.football-italia.net/111419/‘not-just-defenders-responsible’

Oct 17, 2017

Giorgio Chiellini says the whole Juventus team is responsible for conceding more goals, and wishes Leonardo Bonucci well.

The Bianconeri have been renowned for their defence in recent years, but so far this season they’ve conceded 13 goals in 11 games.

“With all due respect, when we don’t concede goals I’m the first to say it’s not thanks to me, or we defenders,” Chiellini pointed out in the pre-Sporting Press conference.

“The defensive phase is about the team, otherwise it would be too easy, we’d be playing an individual sport, playing tennis with the defender against the striker.

“This is a team game, so it’s about balance, the equilibrium is sometimes delicate and we all play for that.

“We definitely have to improve the defensive phase, and we’re well aware of that.

“Bonucci? Leo is calm, it’s difficult to change scenery and we’re all cheering for him as a person, because the relationship between us is very good.

“He can return to the levels we’re used to from him, but always behind us.”

Some of this summer’s new signings appear to be having trouble gelling with the rest of the squad…

“It was like that last year too. You saw Dani [Alves] in the new year, seven months passed and then he was a superstar for four.

“[Miralem] Pjanic and [Gonzalo] Higuain were left out for the first few matches and they struggled early on, as you all said.

“It’s always been like this in the past few years. [Blaise] Matuidi and [Rodrigo] Bentancur have been forced to enter more quickly.”

After winning the Scudetto for six years in a row, are Juve just more focused on the Champions League?

“Juve, from the President to everyone else, always think about the league,” Chiellini insisted.

“You can only get to the Champions League by doing well in the league, they’re two different tournaments. We have to get to March still in the hunt for everything.

“My renewal? I’ve never talked about it because I’m in a family here. Five minutes will be enough for me, now I’m thinking of the pitch.”

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
130798 messaggi

swcy9l.png

JUVENTUS - SPORTING

3rd Matchday

Allianz Stadium - Turin

Allegri: ‘Juventus need balance’

http://www.football-italia.net/111420/allegri-‘juventus-need-balance’

Oct 17, 2017

Massimiliano Allegri assures “the atmosphere is good” at Juventus, but “we have to regain the balance”.

The Bianconeri lost to Lazio on Saturday, having thrown away a two goal lead against Atalanta in their previous Serie A game.

“The atmosphere is good,” Allegri assured in his Press conference ahead of the Sporting CP match tomorrow night.

“We have to regain the balance. We can’t get depressed, because we drew in Bergamo and we lost at home to Lazio - losing and drawing happens.

“In football there are times when things go well and times where they go less well, moments where you have good opponents and moments where the opponents aren’t as good.

“It’s normal that we have to work on the mistakes we’ve made, but the mistakes were only in attention and game management, as happened in eight minutes against Lazio.

“Juventus have had a good start to the season. At the moment the ones who have done something important are Napoli, because they’ve won all eight games so at the moment we can say that the season is theirs.

“It’s a very long season, it will be a beautiful and exciting one because the fixture list is beautiful, there will be three head-to-head games right at the end, so there will be great suspense and it’ll be very entertaining.

“I’m already thinking about when we get to March and there are the last five rounds - the pressure, preparing the matches… that will be a very fun period.

“Right now the important thing is tomorrow, tomorrow is a complicated game against a team that defends very well, with an experienced Coach [Jorge Jesus] who is good at preparing these games.

“They actually played a very good game against Barcelona. So we’ll need a lot of patience and the right mentality, knowing we have a great chance to go through in these two games.

“If not we’ll have to score points against Barcelona and over in Greece. It’s 180 minutes, two games, and we’re ready.

“As we saw on Saturday with what happened in those eight minutes, anything can happen in football and that’s what makes it great.

“If you give that ball to Higuain 100 times, I think 110 times it’ll end up in the goal but just because of a physical thing it didn’t, and you have to accept that.

“We need to work on our little shortcomings right now, the defensive phase and game management.”

Allegri was then asked what he’s expecting from tomorrow’s game.

“I’ve already said what game I expect, a difficult game, a Champions League game. The games are different in the Champions League.”

Paulo Dybala missed a last minute penalty in that loss to Lazio, and the Coach was asked about the form of La Joya.

“I spoke to him yesterday, he has to reach a balance,” Allegri said.

“After the first few games he was being compared to Messi, now because of the penalties he isn’t anymore.

“He’s young and extraordinary, these things will strengthen him and allow him to find a balance. It’s not like he should be exalted if he scores a hat-trick against Sassuolo, or beat himself up if he misses two penalties in a row.

“It’s the same as [Federico] Bernardeschi, who is inserting himself. Playing for Fiorentina, with all due respect, is a different thing from playing here.

“Will Dybala take the penalties? Always him. That absolutely will not change.”

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
130798 messaggi

swcy9l.png

JUVENTUS - SPORTING

3rd Matchday

Allianz Stadium - Turin

Allegri: ‘Sturaro could play right-back’

http://www.football-italia.net/111421/allegri-‘sturaro-could-play-right-back’

Oct 17, 2017

Juventus Coach Max Allegri confirms Stefano Sturaro could play right-back against Sporting tomorrow.

Stephan Lichtsteiner isn’t in the Bianconeri’s squad for the Champions League, so with Mattia De Sciglio and Benedikt Howedes injured, either the midfielder or Andrea Barzagli will have to deputise at right-back.

“These are the two solutions, Sturaro or Barzagli,” Allegri confirmed in his pre-match Press conference.

“More than the characteristics of Sporting, it’s about who convinces me more. Sturaro has had some good games at full-back though, and I think it’s definitely a role where he can do well.

“I have to see the training session today and tomorrow morning, but there could be some changes. I’ll have to see today, but everyone is fine.

“[Miralem] Pjanic is back and [Sami] Khedira has recovered, the only ones who are still out are [Claudio] Marchisio, who is doing well, De Sciglio the same, Howedes the same and [Marko] Pjaca who is being gradually reintegrated in the squad.

“Pjanic is available, he’s rested and I’ll see in the training session today. Miralem is fine though, there’s no problem.”

Allegri was asked if he’d moved his Press conference forward to watch Manchester City vs Napoli later.

“Why, are they playing at six o’clock? They told me the Press conference was at noon, I did what they told me.

“At most I’ve done you guys a favour, so you can see City-Napoli.”

It was then put to the Coach that the Sporting match could help the Old Lady to emerge from a ‘mini-crisis’.

“Juventus are absolutely not in crisis,” Allegri retorted.

“We’re in a period where we’ve taken one point from two games, but it’s a long season. This is the Champions League, where the matches are played differently.

“There’s still time to recover in the league, I’ve said before that we have to fight to be up there in March, because there will be a very nice end to the season with all the head-to-head matches there will be.”

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
Ospite
Questa discussione è chiusa.
Accedi per seguire   

• Chi sta navigando   0 utenti

Nessun utente registrato visualizza questa pagina.

• Crea Nuovo...