Accedi per seguire   
Socrates

Federico Bernardeschi

130737 messaggi

swcy9l.png

Sturaro and €40m for Bernardeschi

http://www.football-italia.net/105819/sturaro-and-€40m-bernardeschi

Jul 15, 2017

Fiorentina are prepared to accept €40m plus Stefano Sturaro from Juventus in exchange for Federico Bernardeschi.

While the Italy international winger has made it clear he wants a move to Turin, the €50m asking price has been a problem.

According to Calciomercato.it and Violanews.com, the two clubs are now close to an agreement, which could come next week.

The Tuscans are said to be in talks with Sturaro’s entourage, working out personal terms to ensure the transfer goes through smoothly.

At that point, Juventus can bring Bernardeschi in for €40m plus Sturaro.

Tomas Rincon had originally been mentioned as the figure in the part-exchange deal.

Condividi questo messaggio

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
130737 messaggi

2yvo10i.jpg

Juventus ‘very close’ to Federico Bernardeschi

agreement with Fiorentina

https://www.blackwhitereadallover.com/2017/7/20/16000990/federico-

bernardeschi-fiorentina-juventus-2017-serie-a-summer-transfer-rumors

Jul 20, 2017

Juventus are close to leaving for their participation in the International Champions Cup in the good old United States of America. And as we clearly have learned over the last couple of days, Beppe Marotta and his band of transfer wheeling buddies at the club want to try and wrap up as many transfer dealings as they can before the plane departs the Turin airport with New York City as its destination.

The reported deal for Federico Bernardeschi might not happen before takeoff time, but things are getting awfully close to having a resolution.

After reports came out Wednesday morning that it was going to be the decisive day in the deal for the Italian international, nothing ended up being finalized. However, that doesn’t mean all is lost, as Sky Sport Italia are reporting that the deal for Bernardeschi is getting closer and closer to being a reality.

More on the Bernardeschi from, courtesy of Sky Italia’s Gianluca Di Marzio:

The contacts between the two clubs will continue through Cllr. Bozzo, who is working on bringing Juventus and Fiorentina closer to together. Confirmed minutes ago: the two parties seem very close. There is a growing confidence that this deal can be positively concluded.

So maybe we won’t see Bernardeschi heading out with the rest of the crew as they fly out to the United States and meet up with Paulo Dybala, Gonzalo Higuain, Alex Sandro and Juan Cuadrado — all of which who have been hanging in the U.S. for the last two days and battling the fire alarm going off at their hotel in the early hours of the morning.

But it does seem like this is getting close. We’ve had to be patient, sure, but it’s never like negotiating a high-price transfer with Fiorentina was ever going to be a piece of cake to begin with.

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
130737 messaggi

swcy9l.png

Bernardeschi: ‘Dad gave no interview’

http://www.football-italia.net/106062/bernardeschi-‘dad-gave-no-interview’

Jul 20, 2017

Fiorentina forward Federico Bernardeschi insists his father “never released” an interview about Juventus.

A website called ilbianconero.com reported last night that Bernardeschi Sr had told friends that his son was going to join the Old Lady, following the path of Roberto Baggio.

Football Italia did not report the rumoured interview, but it gained significant traction in the Italian media and the Viola player has denied that any interview or conversation took place.

“I need to make something clear about the many Press articles and not,” Bernardeschi wrote on Facebook.

“They report my alleged statements or those of my family, which in reality were never released. F.B.”

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
130737 messaggi

2yvo10i.jpg

Juventus finalize deal for Fiorentina

winger Federico Bernardeschi

https://www.blackwhitereadallover.com/2017/7/21/16008004/federico-

bernardeschi-fiorentina-juventus-2017-serie-a-transfer-rumors

Jul 20, 2017

For the better part of the summer, we’ve been on Federico Bernardeschi Watch. He’s been one of Juventus’ top transfer targets ever since talk of transfers started taking over our minds following the Champions League final. Even as rumors of other players coming and going have occupied our thoughts, the possibility of Juventus signing Bernardeschi has almost always been at the top of the list since the summer transfer window officially opened up.

Attention: Bernardeschi Watch is close to being a thing of the past.

And it’s for a very good reason.

According to multiple reports out of Italy on Friday, Juventus’ chase to sign the 23-year-old Bernardeschi has come to an end. That’s because, after all the rumors of how much Fiorentina want and all of the decisive days for the transfer to happen, Juventus has come to an agreement with La Viola to bring Bernardeschi to Turin.

Oh, tell me more!

#Bernardeschi alla @juventusfc, le cifre: 40 milioni e il 10% sulla eventuale futura rivendita @SkySport

I NEED INFORMATION IN ENGLISH TO HELP THE PEOPLE OF BWRAO!

Juventus and Fiorentina have agreed on full terms for the player's arrival to Juve on a €40m fee. Fiorentina will also get 10% of a possible future sale of the player. Bernardeschi will sign a five-year contract with €4m per year wages.

(Source: Gianluca Di Marzio)

And, what do you know, boys and girls — Juventus and Fiorentina have reportedly concluded a positive transfer and likely don’t want to kill anybody as a result of it. It’s one thing for Alessio Secco to fork over a €25 million buyout clause for Felipe Melo. But it’s another for Juventus to successfully conclude a deal with Fiorentina, one of the toughest clubs to negotiate with based on what’s happened in the past.

But Bernardeschi is (almost) officially a Juventus player. Juventus wanted to upgrade their caliber of player on the wings this summer, and that’s exactly what they’ve done. They’ve got Douglas Costa in and wearing the No. 11 jersey. And now, with a deal for Bernardeschi reportedly done and some medicals and an official announcement all that’s left, Juve could very well have a new No. 10 in their ranks.

Something tells me if Bernardeschi does get that iconic jersey number, he’ll be wearing it for a little bit longer than the last guy who rocked the No. 10 on the back of his black and white kit.

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
130737 messaggi

swcy9l.png

Sacchi: ‘Bernardeschi is not Del Piero’

http://www.football-italia.net/106148/sacchi-‘bernardeschi-isn’t-del-piero’

Jul 22, 2017

Arrigo Sacchi says Juventus target Federico Bernardeschi has “enormous potential” but “he’s not Baggio and he’s not Del Piero”.

The Fiorentina forward is expected to sign for the Bianconeri next week, with a medical reportedly scheduled for Monday.

The Turin giants will pay €40m to secure the Italian international, and Sacchi was asked what they’ll be getting for their money.

“He has enormous potential, both technically and athletically,” the former Milan Coach explained to Gazzetta dello Sport.

“He’s quick and resistant. I remember one time, with the national team, they were playing on a muddy pitch but until the end of the game he had a crazy progression - he always had energy.

“He has a great left foot, which can invent and sweep the ball, preferably cutting in from the right.

“He doesn’t use his right much and he needs to improve in that, if you only have one foot you risk being predictable and the opposition can shut you down more easily.

“I’d say he dribbles well, he takes on a defender and goes past them with agility and imagination. He also has a good shot on him, he sees the goal, takes aim and the result is always dangerous.

“A great player? Calm down, calm down. I’m describing a lad with notable talents, but one who has to mature and be helped.

“For example, he has to learn how to get into the rhythm of the game with consistency. To be great, you need to have an understanding with your team.

“Cristiano Ronaldo touches the ball once and it’s a goal, do you know why that is? He knows the manoeuvres that go with it, he moves in function with his teammates and gets to the conclusion.

“Bernardeschi needs to do better in that regard, less individual technique and more collective technique.”

It has been suggested that Bernardeschi could take the legendary number 10 shirt, worn by players like Michel Platini, Roberto Baggio and Alessandro Del Piero.

“He’s still a lad, they need to help him and have patience with him. The important thing is not to play the game of comparisons.

“Bernardeschi is not Del Piero and he’s not Roberto Baggio. They were more at the centre of things, while Bernardeschi moves on the wing.

“Now it’s up to him to repay the faith that a club like Juve have shown in him.

“There’s only one way to do that: make himself available to the Coach and his teammates, sacrifice for them. He’ll find the difference is the culture of perfection.

“Could his arrival change the balance of the League? Let’s not exaggerate. We’re talking about a good player who is in a phase of growth.

“He’s not yet someone who we can say will change a squad. He’s defined as a big investment for the future.

“It all depends on his rapport with his new environment and his new team.”

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
130737 messaggi

2ecg1uu.jpg

Federico Bernardeschi medical on Monday

http://www.juvefc.com/federico-bernardeschi-medical-monday/

Jul 22, 2017

Fiorentina forward Federico Benardeschi is expected to undergo his Juventus medical on Monday after the two sides came to an agreement for the his transfer.

After much speculation and frustration about the prospect of a deal, reports emerged on Friday afternoon that appeared to confirm that a transfer had reluctantly been agreed between the two sides.

Bernardeschi was the subject of interest from Chelsea and Manchester United this summer, but it appears his heart was set on a move to Juventus.

Sky Sport Italia report that Bernardeschi is expected in Turin on Sunday afternoon before undergoing his Juve medical on Monday morning.

The move was confirmed by Claudio Marchisio who greeted the player on his official twitter account.

@fbernardeschi benvenuto alla @juventusfc 
Ti aspettiamo per iniziare insieme una nuova grande stagione. 

Bernardeschi represents something of a coup for the Bianconeri, given their poor relations with Fiorentina date back to before the Baggio transfer in the 1990’s. There was an initial suggestion that La Viola preferred to sell their golden boy overseas as opposed to a direct rival, however his insistence on playing in Turin may well have proved decisive.

The versatile 23-year-old is primarily used as a winger on the right side of the pitch but can also be deployed as a second striker alongside a traditional ‘9’ as well as playing as a ’10’, an attacking midfield or even as a wing-back.

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
130737 messaggi

2yvo10i.jpg

Federico Bernardeschi undergoing

medicals ahead of Juventus move

http://bit.ly/2gWfUgy

Jul 24, 2017

As Juventus prepare to play their second preseason friendly of the season against Paris Saint-Germain on Wednesday night, one of their biggest additions of the summer is about to sign on the dotted line.

But first, there’s the usual medical testing to be done.

Yes, Federico Bernardeschi is in Turin. And yes, that involves him going to J Medical to get strapped up to wires while running on a treadmill. And yes, he was absolutely mobbed outside of Juve’s fancy new medical center because, well, of course he would.

Soon, Bernardeschi’s medical exams will be over, he will almost certainly officially become a Juventus player shortly thereafter. (Based on the Patrik Schick stuff we can never have it be 100 percent certain, maybe more like 99.8 percent certainty.)

That is good.

The reported details of the deal are no secret since they’ve been out there for days now — a €40 million transfer fee with Fiorentina getting 10 percent of any future sale.

Once Bernardeschi signs his contract and an “OFFICIALLY OFFICIAL” post shows up on this here website, Juventus will have added two incredibly talented wingers in a summer where we thought adding only one of the names being thrown out there was being possible. They had to get creative with how the Douglas Costa deal was constructed and how the money being sent to Bayern Munich and Fiorentina was going to distributed, but it’s happened.

Come the start of the 2017-18 season that begins in a few short weeks, Juventus will have an attack that features Bernardeschi, Douglas Costa, Paulo Dybala and Gonzalo Higuain.

Giddyup.

It’s Bernardeschi Time, boys and girls. Juventus and Fiorentina actually completed a transfer with one another. It happened, and now Juve are getting one of the best players at the age 23 or under that Serie A currently has. Again, this is good, people.

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
130737 messaggi

swcy9l.png

Official: Juventus sign Bernardeschi

http://www.football-italia.net/106246/official-juventus-sign-bernardeschi

Jul 24, 2017

Juventus have officially confirmed the signing of Federico Bernardeschi from Fiorentina for €40m, potentially rising to €45m.

The Scudetto holders have been involved in a long pursuit of the Italian international, but he finally took his medical today.

Now the Bianconeri have officially confirmed his signing, as well as revealing the details of the transfer.

“Juventus Football Club S.p.A. announces that the agreement with ACF Fiorentina S.p.A. for the definitive acquisition of the registration rights of the player Federico Bernardeschi has been finalised for a consideration of € 40m payable in three financial years,” the Press release confirmed.

“The consideration may increase of an amount equal to the 10% of the future transfer price up to a maximum of €5m.

“Juventus and the player have signed a 5-year contract of employment until 30 June 2022.

“A new era is about to begin in Turin and Federico Bernardeschi is set to be a key part of it.

“Benvenuto, Federico!”

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
130737 messaggi

swcy9l.png

Berna: ‘Thanks for the welcome!’

http://www.football-italia.net/106248/berna-‘thanks-welcome’

Jul 24, 2017

Federico Bernardeschi feels “a lot of emotions” after joining Juventus, and thanks fans for his welcome.

The forward joined the Bianconeri from Fiorentina earlier today, for a fee of €40m plus another potential €5m in bonuses.

“There are a lot of emotions,” Bernardeschi said, speaking to JTV.

“I have to thank everyone, when I arrived there were so many people here to welcome me and they made me feel their passion immediately. “I want to make myself available to the group and the Coach [Massimiliano Allegri] immediately.

“Buffon? I’ve always said that Gigi is an example for everyone, both nationally and internationally, not just me.

“He’s won the World Cup and now he’ll be my captain here at Juventus, as well as in the national team.

“Fino alla fine [until the end], Forza Juventus!”

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
130737 messaggi

image.png

Fiorentina fury with Bernardeschi

http://www.football-italia.net/106262/fiorentina-fury-bernardeschi

Jul 25, 2017

Fiorentina fans are furious with Federico Bernardeschi after his Juventus move - “you split the city with your lies”.

The Italian international officially completed his move to the Bianconeri yesterday, signing for €40m plus 10 per cent of any future sale, up to the value of €5m.

Roberto Baggio made the same move in 1990, sparking riots on the streets of Florence, and while the reaction hasn’t been as heated this time, an angry banner has appeared outside Artemio Franchi.

“You split the city with your lies,” the banner reads.

“Now you’ll end up cashing your millions and being strung up by your balls.”

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
130737 messaggi

image.png

Berna: Thank you, Fiorentina!

http://www.football-italia.net/106321/berna-thank-you-fiorentina

Jul 26, 2017

Federico Bernardeschi has thanked Fiorentina to “raising me and making me become a man” and promised to give Juventus his all “unreservedly”.

Bernardeschi completed a €40m transfer to Juve on Monday, and despite Fiorentina fans making no bones about their disdain towards him for joining their old foes, the winger did not hesitate to show the Viola his gratitude in an Instagram post.

“The time has come to say ‘thank you’,” he began.

“Over the past 12 years, I want to thank Fiorentina for raising me and making me become a man.

“I want to thank all the people who have been by my side and, above all, those of whom little is spoken but have worked by the side of us players, those that no-one knows or sees because they’re behind the scenes.

“I’m referring to the kit-men, physios, doctors, pitchmen, from the first to last.

“To those who have always supported me and fought at my side, I’ll never forget you all because you’ve helped me lay the foundations for myself and, above all, you’ve put your heart before your work, always.

“THANK YOU! Now... I’ve reached the beginning of a new path. What can I say... I couldn’t have started it better than this.

“THANK YOU for having already made me feel indescribable emotions, THANK YOU for the chills you’ve transmitted, THANK YOU for the affection you’ve shown me, THANK YOU for the esteem and faith you’ve placed in me.

“I look forward to starting this new adventure, making myself available, giving everything unreservedly and honouring the shirt you wear.

“I don’t want to make presumptions and promises, but one thing, however, I want to assure is that I’ll never lack humility, commitment, graft, determination and dedication.

“THANK YOU, EVERYONE! #Finoallafine [referring to Juve’s ‘until the end’ hashtag on social media] #RocknRoll.”

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
130737 messaggi

2yvo10i.jpg

Federico Bernardeschi chooses No. 33:

‘You need to earn the No. 10 jersey’

https://www.blackwhitereadallover.com/2017/7/28/16055226/juventus-

federico-bernardeschi-introductory-press-conference-jersey-number

Jul 28, 2017

As Federico Bernardeschi finished up his first interview as a Juventus player, the man asking the questions started the first half of a saying those of us around here know quite well. As a smile started to form on Bernardeschi’s face, we heard “Fino all fine...” and, without much hesitation, he followed with “Forza Juventus!”

For the fans in Florence, it had to sting more than just a little bit.

That was the final words of the day for Bernardeschi, who finalized his €40 million move to Juventus this past Monday. On Friday, it was Bernardeschi’s day for his official unveiling as a Juve player in Boston, just about 24 hours after he arrived in the United States to meet up with his new teammates upon their return from Miami.

Not only did we hear from Bernardeschi and listen to him talk about his excitement to be with Italy’s No. 1 team, but we also got to find out what jersey number the 23-year-old playmaker will be wearing during his first season in Turin.

Well, here you go....

That’s not exactly a jersey number that was being thrown out there as a possibility for young Federico to choose.

The reasoning behind it, Fede?

@fbernardeschi: "Taking the number 33 is the correct choice at this point. I repeat, you need to earn the number 10." #BenvenutoFederico

I know it’s an introductory press conference and sometimes the things that are said can be relatively boring, but that’s a pretty good answer from a young man. He could have taken the No. 10. Juventus could have given him the No. 10, too. But a shirt that holds a whole lot of weight on it.

Maybe in a couple years Bernardeschi will take No. 10. Maybe Paulo Dybala will take No. 10 and all of us will swoon because he’s such a nice young man. Or maybe the No. 10 will be vacant for another season and not taken by somebody for pure marketing reasons. I don’t know, really.

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
130737 messaggi

swcy9l.png

Berna: ’Fiorentina reaction unhealthy’

http://www.football-italia.net/106837/berna-’fiorentina-reaction-unhealthy’

Jul 29, 2017

Federico Bernardeschi believes the reaction of some Fiorentina fans to his Juventus move is “part of an unhealthy society”.

The Italian international completed a €40m move to the Bianconeri this week, sparking a furious reaction from a minority of Viola supporters.

“I think this is a bit of a delicate subject,” Bernardeschi cautioned at his official presentation.

“I think this is part of an unhealthy society we’re living with in today’s world, like fans wishing death or serious illness to people on social media.

“That’s a bad thing, and I’m not here to feed this unhealthy part of society. Indeed, I thank the fans who, despite everything, wished me good luck.

“These are the people to thank, then there are maybe those who said to me: ‘We won’t be supporting you anymore, but despite that we hope you grow as a professional’.

“That part of society is healthy and should be supported, I’m thankful for it and I appreciate it.

“However, I think the unhealthy part of society should be left alone. I have a strong character, so there’s no problem, the problem comes when these attacks come on fragile people, and I think that’s a societal problem in today’s world.”

Roberto Baggio made the same move in 1990, a player to whom Bernardeschi has been compared.

“Baggio is Baggio, and there’s no-one like Baggio. In my opinion comparisons are always wrong, because there are lives, men are different from each other.

“Baggio was perhaps the greatest Italian footballer of all time, he showed that, so I don’t think you should compare me to him.

“I’m flattered by it, but I think it’s a bit disrespectful to him.”

The negations with Fiorentina dragged on, but after his signature the likes of Gianluigi Buffon and Alessandro Del Piero praised the 23-year-old.

“Well it was long, but it was beautiful,” Bernardeschi shrugged.

“It was a nice and exciting negotiation. It wasn’t easy, but I thank Juve for the confidence they’ve shown in me.

“I thank my agent and those close to me. In the end we managed to get it over the line.

“The compliments I received? First of all I thank them, I really appreciated it. I think when legends like Del Piero and Buffon compliment you, it’s a nice thing for we youngsters.

“I want to thank them publicly for their words, for a youngster like me it was really emotional.

“I’ve always said that Gigi is an example for me [both come from Carrara], but then I think he’s an example for everyone around the world.

“His story speaks for itself, there’s no need to talk about it. When you have a leader like him, you feel more like following him.”

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
130737 messaggi

swcy9l.png

Antognoni ‘Does Bernardeschi regret Juventus?’ .isterico

http://www.football-italia.net/109412/‘does-bernardeschi-regret-juventus’

Sep 5, 2017

Fiorentina legend Giancarlo Antognoni wonders if Federico Bernardeschi regrets joining Juventus - “it’s not easy to play there…”

The winger joined the Bianconeri this summer in €40m deal, but so far he’s yet to make his debut for the club.

“Today players command much more respect than in my time, so I understand his choice,” Antognoni told reporters outside the Trofeo Nereo Rocco ceremony.

“I don’t know if he regrets going to Juventus now, but it’s not easy to play at Juve and find your role on the pitch among all those champions…”

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
130737 messaggi

swcy9l.png

Bernardeschi: 'Juventus apprenticeship'

http://www.football-italia.net/110861/bernardeschi-juventus-apprenticeship

Oct 4, 2017

Federico Bernardeschi is relishing his “Juventus apprenticeship” and hit back at “keyboard warriors” who insulted him after leaving Fiorentina.

He finally received his first start in a Bianconeri jersey and contributed a goal and assist in the 2-2 draw with Atalanta.

“I haven’t played much thus far, but I am not worried. It’s like that at Juve, there is an apprenticeship to go through,” Bernardeschi told the Corriere della Sera newspaper.

“When you arrive at a squad that won six Serie A titles in a row and played two Champions League Finals in three years, that’s only normal.

“It’s not a drama to be on the bench, I accepted it with calm and humility. I am not afraid of losing my place at the World Cup, as I know Giampiero Ventura admires me.

“If I am able to ensure I am ready when called upon, then there won’t be problems. Juve are Juve, it’s not easy to immediately get into sync with the team that is always hungry for victory. That is their mentality. I realised that if you don’t give 100 per cent, you get overtaken by your teammates.

“The first step is to prove I am worthy of Juve. I am working to become a firm fixture in the team and the Coach is helping me, our rapport is excellent.

“What’s happening to me also happened to Dybala when he started at Juventus. I am not the first, nor will I be the last. It takes sacrifice, hunger and quality.”

The decision to move from Fiorentina to their bitter rivals Juventus made Bernardeschi the subject of a hate campaign via social media.

“My choice is a professional one. I am and always will be grateful to Fiorentina and it is also thanks to them that I am here. I repeat: I am proud to be part of Juventus.

“I cannot deal with keyboard warriors, who spend all their time just insulting people. My sister, who just became a mother, received a message saying they hoped her baby died before it was born.

“Fortunately, I have solid foundations to rely on. Others are fragile, they suffer under this pressure and some even commit suicide.”

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
130737 messaggi

swcy9l.png

Bernardeschi: ‘I’d take Fiorentina penalty’

http://www.football-italia.net/110874/bernardeschi-‘i’d-take-fiorentina-penalty’

Oct 5, 2017

Juventus forward Federico Bernardeschi would take a penalty against Fiorentina - “I’m part of another team now”.

Roberto Baggio famously refused to take a spot kick after making the controversial move from Florence to Turin, but the Bianconeri number 33 would have no such problems.

“My season didn’t begin with my goal in Bergamo, but on my first day at Juve,” Bernardeschi told Gazzetta dello Sport.

“I’m proud of what I’ve done so far, because I’ve come to a team that’s won a lot in recent years and is one of the biggest in Europe.

“A professional has to make his choices, and I wanted to change. I wish only good things for the Viola, to whom I’ll always be grateful, but now I’m proud to be a part of Juve.

“That means if I get a penalty against Fiorentina, I’ll take it, because I’m part of another team now.”

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
130737 messaggi

2yvo10i.jpg

Patiently waiting for Federico Bernardeschi to get his chance to shine

Juventus spent a very large chunk of money for Federico Bernardeschi

over the summer. Up until now, we haven’t seen him play much at all.

https://www.blackwhitereadallover.com/2017/10/11/16343390/juventus-federico-bernardeschi-max-allegri-2017-serie-a

Oct 11, 2017

In recent years, Max Allegri has made it somewhat of an unwritten rule of slowly incorporating one or two of Juventus’ biggest summer signings into the starting lineup. While players like Miralem Pjanic and Blaise Matuidi have been thrown right into the mix and pretty much hit the ground running after their first Juve appearances, others — like, say, Paulo Dybala and Gonzalo Higuain — have had to bide their time as they played a reserve role for their first few months wearing a Juventus jersey.

So far this season, it’s safe to say Federico Bernardeschi falls into the second of those two categories.

Signed from Fiorentina for €40 million this summer, Bernardeschi — along with Douglas Costa on loan from Bayern Munich — was part of Juve’s much-needed upgrades to the winger position that accommodated Allegri’s full-time switch to the 4-2-3-1. Through the first two months of the season, Bernardeschi has all of one start to his name. Let me repeat, ONE START. And even though that game, Juventus’ 2-2 draw against Atalanta right as everybody was heading into the international break that saw the young Italian winger score Juve’s first goal and record the assist on the second, Bernardeschi’s time in Turin has been spent far more on the bench than the field.

At this point, that’s no secret, but it’s still pretty surprising.

Bernardeschi’s game-by-game minute counts prior to his start in the Atalanta draw are as follows:

• Suppercoppa vs. Lazio — 18 minutes
  • Sept. 9 vs. Chievo — 14 minutes
  • Sept. 12 vs. Barcelona — 27 minutes
  • Sept. 17 vs. Sassuolo — 5 minutes
  • Sept. 20 vs. Fiorentina — 8 minutes
  • Sept. 23 vs. Torino — 28 minutes
  • Sept. 27 vs. Olympiacos — 6 minutes

In case you’re keeping track, before he played from the opening whistle against Atalanta two weekends ago, that’s zero starts, seven appearances and an average of about 15 minutes per appearance. That’s ... not all that much time on the field. And it’s even less time to both try and make an impact and even get into the flow of things before the final whistle sounds.

If you were to ask me just how Bernardeschi fits into Allegri’s plans right now, I don’t think I could come up with an answer for you. As much as I want to say — and think -- that the start against Atalanta is a sign of things to come, who really knows. Allegri made it clear that he wanted to rotate both because of injuries and the fact that he had been forced to play a lot of the same players over the previous few weeks, a stretch that included Juventus’ first two Champions League games of the year.

It’s become ever-so-clear that Mario Mandzukic’s place on the left wing is going to be his and his alone much more often than not as long as he stays healthy. So that essentially means we’ve got three players competing for the starting spot on the right wing — Bernardeschi, Douglas Costa and Juan Cuadrado.

We know the pros and the cons when it comes to Cuadrado, an incredibly talented yet a flawed and frustrating player to watch a decent chunk of the time.

We are starting to see the kind of pros and cons of Douglas Costa’s game as he gets more minutes under his belt. (Not much more than Bernardeschi when it comes to domestic competition, but still more.) He’s hot, he’s cold, but he provides something that not a lot of Juventus players can — a whole bunch of pace out on the wing.

When it comes to Bernardeschi, though, we haven’t seen enough of him — not even close to it — in a Juventus jersey to really know where he fits into this team coming out of the second international break.

One could say that it’s too early to come to a final determination and they would be totally right. Hell, for all we know Allegri is going to have Bernardeschi starting on the right wing against Lazio over the weekend and then Sporting midweek and all of this will be a moot point. But, based on what we’ve seen Allegri do with Bernardeschi over the past eight weeks, we don’t really know what the heck to think.

And that might be the whole problem in this lack of early-season playing time.

We want Bernardeschi to play. I don’t think that is something to be denied at this point. But with all the injuries that have hit this squad, the wing position hasn’t truly been affected by the injury bug outside of Marko Pjaca’s long-term absence. There are quality players — or mainstays in the case of Mandzukic — that will get there chunks of playing time as Allegri maneuvers his way through Juventus playing on multiple fronts.

Just how much Bernardeschi gets still remains to be seen.

The catch is that in his first start, he played a lot like the player we saw at Fiorentina the past couple of seasons. What Bernardeschi did against Atalanta — in the first half, at least, before he started to fade away after the break — was what Juventus paid all that money for. It wasn’t just the goal. It wasn’t just the assist. (Although both of those were quite nice considering he hadn’t played all that much at all before the trip to Bergamo.)

It’s no guarantee that Bernardeschi will play like he did against Atalanta every time out mainly because it’s impossible to expect him to. (There are only so many players who can be on the form of their life like Dybala has been so far this season.) But the more he plays,. the better the chance of Bernardeschi coming close to that, if not more.

No matter what, though, I’m still waiting for Bernardeschi to get actual minutes, consistent minutes, for the first time this season. And I’m not talking about 10 minutes off the bench each game, either. We’ll see if Max actually cooperates. Until then, the waiting game will continue — and who knows when it will actually come to an end.

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
130737 messaggi

swcy9l.png

‘Juventus teach you to win’

http://www.football-italia.net/113917/‘juventus-teach-you-win’

Dec 7, 2017

Federico Bernardeschi says the difference between Juventus and Fiorentina is the mentality - “you learn right away that you play to win”.

The forward made the move from Florence to Turin in the summer, and spoke to the Torinese edition of the Corriere della Sera about his move.

“It’s not easy to change environment and team, but if you choose Juve that change becomes a revolution,” Bernardeschi explained.

“Here you have to learn right away that you play to win, on the pitch but even in cards, even at trumps.

“When I arrived I felt different things to the past, and I could see that things aren’t like in other teams.

“It’s the mentality that makes the difference.”

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
130737 messaggi

swcy9l.png

Bernardeschi: I need to ‘grow up’

http://www.football-italia.net/114668/bernardeschi-i-need-grow-up

Dec 22, 2017

Federico Bernardeschi says he feels “really good” at Juventus but accepts “I still have to grow up” if he is to establish himself.

Bernardeschi has made just four starts for Juve since his €40m transfer from Fiorentina last summer, but the winger is enjoying working with ‘phenomenal’ teammates and understands what is needed to succeed in Turin.

“I feel good, really good,” he told Tuttosport.

“I have phenomenal teammates that have won six League titles and three Coppa Italia. I’m lucky to train with them every day.

“I just need to be patient and keep learning. Juve don’t just ask you to defend, Juventus ask you for everything because you need everything to win.

“I’m learning, but I still have to grow up.”

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
130737 messaggi

swcy9l.png

Berna: ‘Accepted Juventus immediately’

https://www.football-italia.net/115782/berna-‘accepted-juventus-immediately’

Jan 18, 2017

Federico Bernardeschi says he “never had any doubts” about joining Juventus and “the two teams who will fight for the Scudetto are ourselves and Napoli”.

The winger left Fiorentina to make the move to Turin in the summer, and in an interview with Sky that was contrasted with Simone Verdi rejecting Napoli to stay with Bologna.

“I’m speaking from my point of view, from a personal point of view,” Bernardeschi stressed.

“I never had any doubts. When I heard from them and they told me there was a desire on the part of Juve I said yes right away with no problems.

“Everyone does things in their own way though, and everyone must make decisions for himself.

“I think the best decision for me, for my career and for my future was to come here.”

The 23-year-old has made only four Serie A starts since moving to the Bianconeri, but he has no regrets.

“I’ve always said, right from the start, that my objective was to work hard. To work humbly and with a lot of sacrifice to make a small step forward every day.

“That’s the objective and right now I’m succeeding, now there are another six months to do well and achieve the objectives set.

“I don’t have a target for total number of goals, no. My objective is to grow and improve.

“I want to keep doing better in this team and make myself more and more valuable, that’s my objective and that’s what I want to reach between now and the end of the year.

“Everyone has to work hard during the week to carve out a space which the Coach [Max Allegri] gives you. “It’s normal that in a big team there are times when you don’t play much and then other times when you play more.

“It’s normal, I think it’s a growth process you have to go through. Of course with the injuries there’s more space and I’ll have to be ready as always.

“I like playing football, so it’s up to the boss to decide where, it’s not a problem for me. One day I’d like to be a modern trequartista.

“A modern player has to adapt to the team though. Once it was the team which adapted to the player, now a player has to adapt to the team he plays in.

“The more roles you can play, the better it is.”

The 23-year-old was then asked whether it’s down to just Juve and Napoli for the Scudetto.

“We’ll see. What’s certain is that right now it’s us and them, and for now it’s a two-horse race,” Bernardeschi admitted.

“Football is strange though and it’s long season, so we’ll see later on.

“I think though that the two teams who will fight for the Scudetto are ourselves and Napoli.”

Gonzalo Higuain hasn’t scored in 527 minutes, a huge drought by his standards…

“Pipi is very serene, very calm. Maybe he scores less, but I’m looking at it from outside because I wasn’t at Juventus last year, so maybe then he worked less hard for the team and scored more goals.

“When you play together you realise the dirty work we’re doing to make us play better, to help our teammates.

“So if you don’t score for a few matches you can’t say anything as long as you’re running and battling for everyone.

“So it’s normal for there to be periods like this and a striker - especially one like him - knows that, he just needs to be calm, which he is.”

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
130737 messaggi

swcy9l.png

Bernardeschi has knee injury

https://www.football-italia.net/116492/bernardeschi-has-knee-injury

Jan 31, 2017

Juventus forward Federico Bernardeschi missed training today with a knee injury, while Douglas Costa has a bruised thigh.

The Bianconeri beat Atalanta 1-0 last night in the first leg of their Coppa Italia semi-final, both both the Brazilian winger and his replacement picked up knocks.

“Federico Bernardeschi did not take part in today's training session, but received therapy after taking a blow to his left knee during last night’s match and he will undergo further checks tomorrow,” a statement on the Old Lady’s official website confirmed.

“Meanwhile, Douglas Costa trained independently after picking up bruising on his left calf muscle, which will be monitored again tomorrow.

“The Bianconeri will report back to Vinovo on Thursday morning.”

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
130737 messaggi

swcy9l.png

Bernardeschi knee causes concern

https://www.football-italia.net/117436/bernardeschi-knee-causes-concern

Feb 19, 2017

There are increasing concerns about Federico Bernardeschi, as the knee is still too swollen to have tests for ligament damage.

Bernardeschi and teammate Gonzalo Higuain limped off during Sunday’s 1-0 win over Torino.

“Gonzalo Higuain sustained a sprain and bruising of his left ankle, while Federico Bernardeschi sustained a knock to his left knee. For both players, further tests are planned in the coming days,” read a club statement.

The latest reports from Turin suggest Higuain only has a knock and is expected to be back in action next week.

Bernardeschi is causing more concern, as there are fears of ligament damage.

According to Sky Sport Italia, the knee is still very swollen today, a sign of a bad sprain, and the medical staff won’t be able to test for ligament damage until tomorrow or even Wednesday.

• Sad 1

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
130737 messaggi

swcy9l.png

Bernardeschi needs surgery?

https://www.football-italia.net/117757/bernardeschi-needs-surgery

Feb 26, 2017

Juventus forward Federico Bernardeschi could reportedly require surgery, keeping him out for the rest of the season.

The Italian international suffered a knee injury in the Derby della Mole win over Torino, and will be out for at least three weeks.

Now Gazzetta dello Sport is reporting that if further scans in 21 days are not encouraging, Bernardeschi will undergo surgery which would keep him out for the rest of the season.

Gonzalo Higuain was also injured in the derby, but it’s thought he could return from an ankle knock for this Wednesday’s Coppa Italia semi-final second leg with Atalanta.

However, Juan Cuadrado is expected to be out until after the March international break, while Mattia De Sciglio faces 15-20 days out with a thigh problem.

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
130737 messaggi

swcy9l.png

Bernardeschi reveals ‘two dreams’

https://www.football-italia.net/117780/bernardeschi-reveals-two-dreams

Feb 26, 2017

Juventus winger Federico Bernardeschi has revealed his two dreams in football – winning the Champions League and World Cup.

Bernardeschi is still in with a chance of making his first dream happen, although Juve conceded two away goals in their last-16 tie with Tottenham Hotspur, while the winger must wait until at least 2022 to possibly lift the World Cup.

“I have two dreams: winning the Champions League and World Cup,” he said at an event for the Bianconeri’s junior members.

“As a child, I dreamed of meeting great No 10s lilke Totti and Del Piero. Who have I most been linked with? Buffon, Chiellini, Barzagli, Marchisio, and of course Paulo Dybala, Higuain and Douglas Costa.

“In short, I’m close with everyone. We’re a nice group, we’re very united and we love each other. We’re very happy to be part of this team.”

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
130737 messaggi

swcy9l.png

Bernardeschi tribute to Astori

https://www.football-italia.net/118061/bernardeschi-tribute-astori

Mar 4, 2018

Federico Bernardeschi paid tribute to former Fiorentina teammate Davide Astori “with eyes full of tears, a heart torn apart.”

The 31-year-old Viola captain died in his sleep in the team hotel, where they were preparing for today’s Serie A match against Udinese.

“With eyes full of tears, a heart torn apart, I say Thank You my friend, for your humility, your kindness, your teachings, our friendship.

“I’ll miss you and I will carry you always in my heart.

“Look out for your family, your partner and your little princess. I miss you.”

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti