Socrates

Maurizio Sarri

130732 messaggi

Home

Sarri: 'My Dybala opinion doesn't count'

Sarri: "Dybala? Sei giocatori vanno tagliati"

https://www.football-italia.net/141961/sarri-my-dybala-opinion-doesnt-count

Aug 10, 2019

Maurizio Sarri hit out at Juventus for the “embarrassing situation” with players who need to be sold, while declaring his “opinion on Paulo Dybala counts for zero.”

The Coach was his usual brutally honest self in a Press conference after the 2-1 International Champions Cup defeat to Atletico Madrid in Stockholm.

“I am fairly satisfied with the performance and I liked the attitude, especially in the first half, against a team that was in better physical shape than us.

“We should never concede a goal like the second, but that’s all part of pre-season work and training. We moved the ball around well technically in the first half and I’d not seen that for such long periods.”

Sarri was asked what his ideas were for the transfer market and immediately cut off the reporter.

“Sometimes, I get really astonished when I read your papers. You go on about Sarri’s choices, the choices of (director of sport Fabio) Paratici.

“Did you look at the Juventus squad? We have to cut six players to fit into the Champions League list, which I haven’t read anywhere. Otherwise these choices might look insane.

“We have to cut six players from the current squad and that puts me in a difficult position. The last 20 days of the market will be difficult for us, it’s an embarrassing situation, because we risk having to leave out players of a very high level.

“It’s a situation we have to resolve and it is not just about the decisions made by Coach or club.”

Dybala was on the verge of joining Manchester United and then Tottenham Hotspur, only for personal terms to stall everything, so Sarri was asked how he saw La Joya in the side?

“Dybala only had two training sessions with me, so all evaluations are premature. Clearly, he can’t be at the top of his condition physically and that also affects what he can do as a False 9.

“I think he has the characteristics to play in that role, but we’ll have to see how we can fill the penalty area with that solution.

“As I said before, I can talk to Dybala all I like, but the market goes in a certain direction and my opinion counts for zero. We have to cut six players, that’s all there is to it.

“I’d love to keep them all, but our problem is that we don’t have players who grew up at this club, there’s only one, so our entire Champions League squad will be 22 players with three goalkeepers. That forces us to make decisions on the market that we don’t want to make.”

Sarri was asked if he thinks his Juventus will be ready for the opening Serie A game against Parma on the weekend of August 24.

“Usually, I don’t start seasons well. Aside from Chelsea, where I think I set a record for going unbeaten at the start of a Premier League career, in Italy I always struggled in the early weeks.”

Condividi questo messaggio

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
130732 messaggi

Home

Juventus: Sarri has pneumonia

Juventus, Sarri: gli accertamenti confermano la polmonite

https://www.football-italia.net/142345/juventus-sarri-has-pneumonia

Aug 19, 2019

Juventus released a statement confirming Coach Maurizio Sarri has been diagnosed with pneumonia after struggling with flu.

The tactician was taken ill last week and required medical treatment on several occasions, including just before their traditional pre-season in-house friendly with the youth team in Villar Perosa.

He then didn’t make the trip to Triestina for a 1-0 friendly match on Saturday evening.

“Maurizio Sarri, after having observed rest over the weekend, was at the JTC Continassa today where he coordinated the work of his staff,” read a statement.

“Unfortunately, he could not conduct the training on the field due to the persistence of his flu, which struck him over the course of last week.

“In the late afternoon, he underwent further tests that confirmed he has pneumonia, for which specific therapy has been prescribed.

“The Coach has authorized the club to communicate his state of health.”

It now remains to be seen if Sarri will be fit enough to be on the bench for this weekend’s opening Serie A game against Parma.

The former Napoli and Chelsea tactician is a notorious chain-smoker who recently confessed to puffing his way through 60 cigarettes a day and it’s likely this further exacerbated the effects of the flu symptoms.

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
130732 messaggi

Home

Official: Sarri misses Parma and Napoli

Juve, UFFICIALE: Sarri non sarà in panchina contro Parma e Napoli

https://www.football-italia.net/142855/official-sarri-misses-parma-and-napoli

Aug 22, 2019

Juventus have confirmed Maurizio Sarri will not be on the bench against Parma or Napoli to allow “optimal recovery” from pneumonia.

A statement released this evening unusually states that he will be absent from the stadium in both opening Serie A games.

That includes the showdown with his former club, Napoli, which was expected to be a tense and emotional occasion in Turin on August 31.

The Serie A season begins this Saturday at Parma’s Stadio Tardini.

“Maurizio Sarri underwent further medical tests today, which showed a good clinical improvement,” read the statement.

“To completely recover from the pneumonia that hit him over the course of the past few days, the Coach will not sit on the bench for the first two Serie A matches against Parma and Napoli.

“The decision was taken to allow the technician, who even today went to the JTC to coordinate work with his staff, to resume regular activity as soon as possible.”

Sarri is at the Continassa training ground, but sitting in a separate room from the pitch, watching the sessions on a video link while his assistants work with the players.

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
130732 messaggi

Home

Sarri won't stop smoking

Sarri non perde il vizio del fumo nonostante la polmonite

https://www.football-italia.net/143485/sarri-wont-stop-smoking

Aug 28, 2019

Juventus Coach Maurizio Sarri could be back on the bench against Napoli, but it’s reported the club was irritated by his refusal to stop smoking despite pneumonia.

The tactician has been struggling for several weeks and was eventually signed off by the club medic for the opening two Serie A games of the season.

He missed the trip to Parma, but there are rumours he has improved sufficiently to perhaps be there for the home debut against his old club Napoli.

However, the Corriere della Sera newspaper published a photograph of Sarri posing with a fan outside his home this week and he was clutching a pack of cigarettes.

It went viral and news agency Ansa claims it prompted “irritation” from the Juventus hierarchy.

Sarri has been going to the training ground in Turin every day, but watching sessions via videolink in a separate office rather than on the field.

The former Napoli and Chelsea tactician confessed recently he smoked “around 60 a day, probably a few too many.”

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
130732 messaggi

Home

Sarri 'partially' back at Juve training

Juve, Sarri è tornato: ha diretto parte dell'allenamento

https://www.football-italia.net/143836/sarri-partially-back-juve-training

Sep 4, 2019

Juventus Coach Maurizio Sarri is recovering from pneumonia, as he was today well enough to “partially” take charge of training.

The squad at his disposal was inevitably limited during the break for international duty, while Gonzalo Higuain and Douglas Costa have been given an extra two days off, so will return on Friday.

A statement from Juve confirmed Sarri is “improving” after his bout of pneumonia and “partially” directed today’s training session.

The Coach has been struggling for a month with the illness and was not on the touchline for the opening two Serie A games of the season against Parma and Napoli.

His assistant manager, Giovanni Martusciello, had taken his place while Sarri watched training sessions via videolink.

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
130732 messaggi

Home

Sarri set for Juve return

Afbeeldingsresultaat voor sarri é tornato dopo la polmonite

https://www.football-italia.net/144106/sarri-set-juve-return

Sep 12, 2019

Maurizio Sarri is set to make his Serie A debut for Juventus against Fiorentina on Saturday after being pencilled in for a Press conference.

Sarri missed Juve’s first two League games as he was recovering from pneumonia, so his assistant Giovanni Martusciello filled in for Press conferences and on the bench.

However, it was confirmed on Thursday that the Coach would preview the weekend’s trip to the Artemio Franchi.

The former Napoli and Chelsea boss has already overseen the Bianconeri’s preseason friendlies, while Martusciello led them to wins in both of their Serie A openers.

He ‘partially’ resumed his duties on the training ground last week.

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
130732 messaggi

Home

Moggi: Sarri bad for football!

Gerelateerde afbeelding

https://www.football-italia.net/144251/moggi-sarri-bad-football

Sep 16, 2019

Former Juventus director Luciano Moggi has hit out at Maurizio Sarri for “always looking for excuses. It’s bad for football.”

Sarri said after Juve’s 0-0 draw with Fiorentina that it was not easy to play in mid-afternoon heat and suggested that was to blame for Douglas Costa, Miralem Pjanic and Danilo all picking up knocks.

Inter boss and ex-Bianconero Antonio Conte responded by urging the former Napoli Coach to calm down as “he’s on the powerful side now.”

“He has the habit of always looking for excuses. He does it everywhere he goes,” Moggi told Radio Punto Nuovo.

“It’s bad for football and Conte was right to answer him that way. I’ve always thought that to change the game, it’s necessary to change the players, which he didn’t do.

“Juventus have great champions who can win a game at any moment, but their game won’t change.

“Allegri left because an era had ended and because they wanted to change a style of play that everyone attacked.”

The 82-year-old was then asked whether the Nerazzurri or Napoli were the Old Lady’s biggest rivals for the Scudetto.

“I believe Napoli and, above all, Inter are closest to Juventus. Napoli have strengthened and have a great Coach.”

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
130732 messaggi

Home

Sarri reaches Serie A Century

d0f3a10db10c13d3598e121d4ebbede5-45860-1

https://www.football-italia.net/147830/sarri-reaches-serie-century

Dec 18, 2019

Maurizio Sarri has made history by reaching his 100th Serie A victory in only 169 games, as the fastest to reach a century from 1994 was Carlo Ancelotti on 185.

The coach turns 61 next month, but did not make his top flight debut until August 31 2014, when his Empoli lost 2-0 at Udinese.

He was 55 years, seven months and 21 days old at the time.

Following today’s 2-1 victory away to Sampdoria, Sarri’s Serie A tally now stands at 100 wins, 43 draws and 26 defeats.

Since the 1994-95 season, the coach who reached 100 Serie A victories quickest was Ancelotti, who took 185 games to hit this milestone.

Sarri only began his management career in 2000, having previously worked in a bank.

He spent most of his career in the lower leagues with the likes of Sansovino, Sangiovannese, Arezzo, Avellino, Perugia, Grosseto and Sorrento.

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
130732 messaggi

Logo

ZEMAN: SARRI CAN’T REPLICATE HIS NAPOLI AT JUVENTUS

Afbeeldingsresultaat voor zeman e sarri

https://forzaitalianfootball.com/2020/01/zeman-sarri-cant-replicate-his-napoli-at-juventus/

Jan 4, 2020

Zdenek Zeman doesn’t believe Maurizio Sarri can replicate his Napoli side at Juventus.

Sarri’s Partenopei reached an unprecedented 91 points under his guidance, becoming the first side to hit such a high total and not win the Scudetto.

“Even at Chelsea it wasn’t possible to reproduce the Napoli model,” Zeman told Corriere dello Sport.

“That was a different team. They merged the magic of their players and now he doesn’t have players who are as compatible.

“Sarri’s Napoli shouldn’t be used as an example to follow because they were unique.”

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
130732 messaggi

Home

Could Juventus recall Allegri?

allegri ritorno juventus vero

Feb 10, 2020

There are growing murmurs in the Italian media that Juventus could sack Maurizio Sarri and recall Max Allegri, who is still under contract.

The Bianconeri fumbled a 1-0 lead to lose 2-1 at Hellas Verona on Saturday, their third Serie A defeat of the season after Lazio and Napoli.

It allowed Inter to catch them at the top of the table, with Lazio sitting only one point behind. ....

Continue -> http://bit.ly/2SBj3Sq

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
130732 messaggi

SARRI DISCUSSES JUVENTUS FUTURE WITH AGNELLI AND PARATICI

Afbeeldingsresultaat voor andrea agnelli e sarri

Feb 11, 2020

After witnessing his side lose 2-1 to Hellas Verona on Saturday evening, Juventus tactician Maurizio Sarri had a meeting with club chairman Andrea Agnelli and sporting director Fabio Paratici to discuss the recent form of the team.

The Bianconeri are only off top spot on goal difference, level on 54 points with Inter,  but two defeats in the last three Serie A matches has brought some concerns. .....

Continue -> http://bit.ly/38uLSXq

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
130732 messaggi

Home

'Pep would change negative Italy'

Afbeeldingsresultaat voor guardiola

Feb 11, 2020

Sam Allardyce has claimed Manchester City coach Pep Guardiola will “completely change” the “negative” philosophy in Italy, if he ends up at Juventus.

Reports in England have claimed that the Bianconeri are considering to offer the former Barcelona coach an exit-route from his current club Manchester City.

After two years of dominating the Premier League, the Citizens are currently 22 points behind Liverpool in the table and rumours regarding the future of Guardiola have emerged in the media. .....

Continue -> http://bit.ly/2HiEqmm

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
130732 messaggi

Home

Man City banned from Champions League

UFFICIALE: 2 anni senza Champions per il Manchester City. E Guardiola...

Feb 14, 2020

UEFA announced they have banned Manchester City from Europe for the next two seasons and fined them €30m for Financial Fair Play violations.

This is the latest step in UEFA’s attempts to clamp down on flagrant violations of the FFP rules and will act as a warning to other clubs.

Whereas Milan were excluded from European competition in the 2019/20 season, that was an agreement reached between the club and UEFA to resolve years of mismanagement and start again with a clean slate.

It now remains to be seen what the knock-on effect will be, but Manchester United seem set to sell star players and could also lose coach Pep Guardiola, who has been linked with the Juventus job. .......

Continue -> http://bit.ly/2uOPt45

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
130732 messaggi

Home

Klopp: 'Juventus Champions favourites'

Afbeeldingsresultaat voor sarri dubbioso

Feb 15, 2020

Liverpool manager Jurgen Klopp insists Juventus are Champions League favourites. “They have the biggest squad I have ever seen in my life. Why are they not 10 points clear in Serie A?”

The Bianconeri are currently level at the top of the table with Inter, sitting one point in front of Lazio, while they will face Olympique Lyonnais in the Champions League Round of 16.

“Juventus were my favourites before the season started but obviously I don’t watch Italian football enough because I cannot work out why they are not 10 points ahead at the top of Serie A,” Klopp told The Guardian newspaper.

“They have the biggest squad I have ever seen in my life; quality players too, it’s crazy.

Continue -> http://bit.ly/2SQDmf7

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
130732 messaggi

Paratici: 'Sarri? We are all in discussion...'

Afbeeldingsresultaat voor paratici e sarri

Feb 16, 2020

Juventus chief football officer Fabio Paratici spoke to Sky Sport before the Bianconeri's matchup against Brescia at the Allianz Stadium.

"We put the pressure on ourself. When you are a high-level professional you expect a lot from yourself. We put pressure to the club we represent, the leagues have never been won in March and April, everything is normal," he said. .....

Continue -> http://bit.ly/3bHkHLg

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
130732 messaggi

Home

Giaccherini: 'Sarriball impossible with CR7'

Afbeeldingsresultaat voor giaccherini non si puó fare il gioco di Sarri con CR7\

Feb 27, 2020

Emanuele Giaccherini insists “it is impossible to play” Maurizio Sarri’s style of football at Juventus with Cristiano Ronaldo. “Mario Mandzukic would’ve been ideal.”

The Bianconeri lost the first leg of their Champions League Round of 16 tie with Lyon and there are still precious few signs of Sarriball even after seven months.

“The club made a specific choice by bringing in a coach who bases his football on quick passing, above all seen at Napoli,” said former Juve and Napoli player Giaccherini to DAZN.

“It’s difficult to do that at Juve, above all because there’s Ronaldo, who has his own way of playing. You cannot ask him to do certain things. .....

Continue -> http://bit.ly/2PwfOLC

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
130732 messaggi

Zidane: ‘No certainty in football’

zidane juventus francia real

March 7, 2020

Zinedine Zidane has distanced himself from a switch to Juventus but “there is never certainty that you will continue in any football role.”

The Real Madrid coach was linked with a move to the Bianconeri bench this summer but despite the reports in the Daily Mail, Zidane is adamant his immediate future lies with Los Merengues. .......

"Today I am the coach of Real Madrid, but tomorrow things can change easily."

“Juventus? No, they didn’t call me and neither did the French national side. I’m here and I’m happy. A lot of things are said outside but nobody contacted me."

Continue -> http://bit.ly/2Tu72Qu

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
130732 messaggi

Maurizio Sarri: "That's why I became a Juventus fan"

Immagine

Apr 17, 2020

Juvenutus coach Maurizio Sarri was a guest on Casa Juventus, and he commented on life during the coronavirus pandemic as well as recounting some of the stops in his career. .......

"Juventus? I've been struck by the love and the hate that exists towards this team from the public. It's something you realize only when you enter the world of the bianconeri."

Continue -> https://bit.ly/34Oarhk

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
130732 messaggi

Home

Lippi: 'Sarri can start from Inter'

Lippi: 'Juve, prendi i giovani italiani. Il gioco di Sarri sarà un vantaggio per la corsa scudetto'

May 21, 2020

Former Italy CT Marcello Lippi expects a ‘great battle’ for the Scudetto but claims Maurizio Sarri’s tactics ‘will be useful’ for Juventus after the forced break.

Juventus sit one point above second-placed Lazio in the League and Lippi claims the champions were about to show their true selves after an initial ‘learning period’ under Sarri.

“He has the play, alright,” Lippi told Tuttosport. “When the season stopped, the learning period was about to end.

“In the last match against Inter I saw a tactical organisation that will be useful for the second half. Sarri will be able to start from there.” .....

Continue -> https://bit.ly/2Tov6Uu

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
130732 messaggi

Home

Capello: 'Sarri is Total Football'

Sarri indossa mascherina alla Continassa, la foto durante l ...

Jun 7, 2020

Fabio Capello agrees with the Matthijs de Ligt suggestion that Juventus coach Maurizio Sarri is ‘the closest Italian equivalent to Dutch Total Football.’

Former Ajax defender De Ligt made the comparison this week, praising Sarri for the tactical approach to the sport.

“If De Ligt says it, then who am I to contradict him?” noted Capello in Tuttosport newspaper.

“However, I wouldn’t just say that Sarri deserves this tag, because there are other Italians who have a similar conception of football. I will say that I watched Sarri’s work at Chelsea too and he is a coach capable of adapting to the players he has at that moment. I consider that a very intelligent attitude. .....

Continue -> https://bit.ly/2MIoiND

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
130732 messaggi

Home

Sarri: 'Make Dybala and CR7 co-exist'

Dybala: I told Cristiano Ronaldo that he is hated in Argentina ...

Jun 10, 2020

Maurizio Sarri concedes it is ‘not easy for Paulo Dybala and Cristiano Ronaldo to co-exist’ for Juventus, while he urges Miralem Pjanic to ‘realise he’s a great player.’

The coach spoke to Sky Sport Italia ahead of Friday’s Coppa Italia semi-final with Milan, the first game back since the COVID-19 lockdown.

“Dybala is a phenomenal player and our only difficulty is that it’s not easy to make two atypical players like Dybala and Cristiano Ronaldo co-exist, but they can always make the difference,” said Sarri.

“It’s not simple on a tactical level to use them together, but when two players with this type of quality are available, the rest of the squad has to adapt, both when attacking and defending.

“There is the risk that the opposition penalty area can seem a little empty, but all this is a very pleasant problem to have.” .....

Continue -> https://bit.ly/3dTSlOC

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
130732 messaggi

Home

Sarri: 'No row with Pjanic'

Sarri: 'Perdere un trofeo è pesante. Ho parlato a lungo con Ronaldo, deve avere fiducia. Litigio con Pjanic? Bufala'

Jun 21, 2020

Juventus coach Maurizio Sarri shrugged off the ‘fake news’ suggesting a row with Miralem Pjanic. ‘He is one of the players I fielded the most.’

There were reports in La Stampa newspaper this morning that the coach and midfielder faced off in training, with the situation increasingly tense.

It would also seemingly lead to Pjanic being dropped for tomorrow evening’s Serie A trip to Bologna.

“That’s fake news, there was no argument,” Sarri told Sky Sport Italia.

“He is one of the players I fielded the most this season and I have to rely on him, because he has a decisive role in the three-man midfield.” .....

Continue -> https://bit.ly/311PFe4

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
130732 messaggi

Home

Zidane unsure of Madrid stay

Real campione: Zidane è diventato il nuovo Ronaldo di Madrid ...

Jul 18, 2020

Zinedine Zidane has refused to confirm that he will be Real Madrid’s coach next season, possibly alerting Juventus.

Zidane was heavily linked with succeeding Max Allegri between 2018 and 2019 after he left Madrid on the back of their third consecutive Champions League success under his watch.

He ended up returning to the Santiago Bernabeu towards the end of last season and just yesterday celebrated winning the Spanish title with Los Blancos.

The Bianconeri went on to appoint Maurizio Sarri, but they may be tempted to go back in for Zizou, who now ‘doesn’t know’ if he will remain in charge of Madrid.

“No-one knows what will happen,” he said at a press conference. .....

Continue -> https://bit.ly/2ODxZOs

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
130732 messaggi

Home

Sarri the oldest Scudetto winner

Juventus, Sarri è l'allenatore più vecchio a vincere lo scudetto ...

Jul 26, 2020

Juventus boss Maurizio Sarri made history as the oldest coach to win a Serie A title, aged 61 years and six months.

There were many records to be broken when the Bianconeri beat Sampdoria 2-0 this evening to clinch their ninth successive league trophy.

Sarri’s entire career so far has resulted in one major trophy, the Europa League with Chelsea last season.

Now at the age of 61 years and six months, he becomes the oldest coach ever to win the Serie A title.

The previous record was held by Nils Liedholm at Roma in 1983, aged 60 years and seven months. .....

Continue -> https://bit.ly/3f6bpJh

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
130732 messaggi

Home

OFFICIAL: Juventus have fired Sarri

Immagine

Aug 8, 2020

It is now official that Juventus have sacked Maurizio Sarri after just one year at the helm, despite winning their ninth consecutive Serie A title.

The decision was made in a crisis meeting this afternoon between President Andrea Agnelli, directors and the coach.

An announcement was made at 13.40 UK time.

“Juventus Football Club announces that Maurizio Sarri has been relieved of his post as coach of the First Team,” read the statement.

“The club would like to thank the coach for having written a new page in Juventus' history with the victory of the ninth consecutive championship, the culmination of a personal journey that led him to climb all the divisions of Italian football. .....

Continue -> https://bit.ly/2XCylK8

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti