Vai al contenuto
Accedi per seguire   
Socrates

Leonardo Bonucci

130772 messaggi

logo.png

Bonucci: Five more years of Juve…

Apr 5, 2012

Leonardo Bonucci has expressed his satisfaction after signing a new contract with Italian giants Juventus.

The international defender extended his deal with the Old Lady this week until June 2017 – despite his previous agreement having another three years to run on it.

“It’s an indescribable joy which I am feeling,” the former Inter and Bari man wrote on his personal website.

“This shirt for which I have wept, rejoiced and spent days angered as a child after a loss is now mine – even more so after my renewal.

“I’m proud and honoured that I will be able to wear this glorious jersey for at least another five years,” he added.

“I want to specifically thank those who have always believed in me, from the President to the Coach, from the directors to my teammates.

“I also want to thank the fans from my heart for supporting me and sometimes criticising me which helped me to grow.”

Bonucci joined Juventus in the summer of 2010 for €15m after a sensational campaign in Serie A with Bari.

The 24-year-old has scored one goal in 24 League games so far this term for the Bianconeri.

Condividi questo messaggio

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
130772 messaggi

imagegoalcomconcept2sub.jpg

Bonucci 'very proud' after signing new Juventus deal

The former Bari defender is over the moon to have commited his future

to the Bianconeri and explained just how much the club means to him.

Apr 5, 2012

Juventus defender Leonardo Bonucci revealed his delight after signing a new contract with the Bianconeri.

The 24-year-old penned a new deal on Monday, which will see him stay in Turin until 2017. Bonucci, who arrived at Juve in 2010 from Bari, did not hide his happiness to have added two more years to his previous deal.

"It is an indescribable joy what I am feeling," he wrote on his official website.

"The shirt for which I have wept and rejoiced, for which I was angry as a child every time the club lost a game, is now mine - even more so after my renewal.

"I am very proud and honoured to wear this great shirt for at least five more years.

"I would like to thank all those who have believed in me, from the president to the coach, including the directors and my team-mates."

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
130772 messaggi

logo.png

Bonucci awaits surgery decision

Apr 12, 2012

Leonardo Bonucci will undergo tests on Thursday after he broke his nose in the closing stages of the Juventus-Lazio tie.

The stopper picked up the injury in a clash with Libor Kozak. He’ll be assessed today and a decision will be made on whether or not he’ll need surgery.

The 24-year-old has played in 26 Serie A games for the Old Lady this season, scoring two goals in the process.

Juve returned to the top of the table last night thanks to a 2-1 win over the capital outfit.

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
130772 messaggi

logo.png

Bonucci to miss Cesena

Apr 12, 2012

Leonardo Bonucci is unlikely to be available for the Cesena game after the Juventus man had surgery on his nose.

The defender suffered a fracture during last night’s 2-1 win over Lazio following a late clash with Libor Kozak.

The former Bari man underwent tests this morning which revealed the need for a minor operation. The procedure took place at around 1pm Italian time.

Bonucci will be released from hospital later today and his fitness will then be assessed on a daily basis at Vinovo.

The Italian international is set to miss out on this weekend’s game at Cesena, but he could feature against Roma with the aid of a mask.

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
130772 messaggi

Bonucci suffers broken nose against Lazio

The Italy international has picked up a facial injury in Wednesday's victory,

and will possibly have to go under the knife in the upcoming days to correct the broken bone.

Apr 12, 2012

Antonio Conte has received some disturbing news from the treatment table in the aftermath of Juventus' 2-1 Serie A win over Lazio on Wednesday as he will possibly have to make do without the services of Leonardo Bonucci for a while due to a facial injury.

The centre-back went to the ground in the closing stages of the match after a duel with Libor Kozak, and although he stayed on until the final whistle, it was later confirmed that the 24-year-old has suffered a broken nose.

Juventus have announced on their official website that a decision will be made on Thursday morning about whether Bonucci will have to undergo surgery.

It is not yet known how long the defender will be out of action, but he could miss the upcoming league game against Cesena on Sunday due to the injury.

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
130772 messaggi

Bonucci undergoes surgery on broken nose

The defender has undergone an operation on the facial injury he sustained in the 2-1

Serie A win over Lazio, and could miss this weekend's match against Cesena.

Apr 13, 2012

Juventus have announced on their official website that defender Leonardo Bonucci has undergone surgery on his broken nose.

The centre-back sustained the facial injury in the dying minutes of the 2-1 win over Lazio in Serie A on Wednesday.

Juve were initially unsure whether Bonucci had to go under the knife, but the defender eventually opted for surgery after consulting with the club's medical staff.

"Leonardo Bonucci has undergone surgery on a fractured nose sustained during the closing stages of Wednesday night’s 2-1 win over Lazio," a club statement reads.

"Doctor Libero Tubino carried out the operation at the Santa Caterina da Siena clinic in Turin. The player was discharged on Thursday afternoon, with his condition to be monitored on a daily basis."

The 24-year-old is unlikely to feature in Sunday's Serie A match away against Cesena as a result of the operation.

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
130772 messaggi

logo.png

Bonucci to play with mask

Apr 18, 2012

Juventus’ Leonardo Bonucci will be available to start the League game against Roma this weekend following nose surgery.

The Italian international sustained a small fracture in the closing minutes of the 2-1 win over Lazio, an injury which required an operation.

Bonucci was included in the squad to face Cesena last weekend, before the tie was postponed, but it was thought that he wouldn’t be risked.

The giornalaccio rosa dello Sport is today writing that the former Inter and Bari stopper will begin against the Giallorossi with the aid of a protective mask.

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
130772 messaggi

logo.png

Bonucci on the defensive

Apr 30, 2012

At a time when Juventus have started scoring for fun, Leonardo Bonucci has underlined the strength of their defence.

“Our success at the back is an added value,” the former Bari centre-back stated after Sunday’s 4-0 win at Novara.

“I think our unbreachable defence is one of the secrets of this Juventus side.”

The Bianconeri have conceded just once in their last nine League games, scoring 23 in the process, which has helped them to a three-point lead at the top of the table with three games remaining.

“We spoke in the dressing room and knew it would be another tough game like we faced in Cesena,” he said of yesterday’s win.

“We took to the field with the right focus, possessing the hunger of those who want to win.

“We instantly managed to get things going in our favour, and did well to immediately put the game to bed.

“It was a good victory that’s come from a great team, a great Coach and a great project. We’ll now think ahead to Wednesday, because we still haven’t achieved anything.”

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
130772 messaggi

logo.png

Bonucci 'hungry for Euro 2012'

May 15, 2012

Leonardo Bonucci has thanked Antonio Conte for improving him as a player and has “incredible hunger” for Euro 2012.

“I improved a great deal thanks to Conte and I thank him, as be made me understand that at times I needed to be grittier and less lazy,” Bonucci told Sportal.

He is one of several Bianconeri stars called up by Cesare Prandelli in his 32-man long list for Euro 2012.

“The fact there are so many Juventus players in the Italy squad is certainly positive, as it means we have worked well throughout the year.

“It also allows the Nazionale to be based on a group who already know each other and bring a winning mentality, the kind we’ve shown this season.

“We laugh and joke with Gigi Buffon every day, even about the 2006 World Cup win. He is a champion both on and off the field. That is the secret, as he is never sated.

“Andrea Pirlo is a real genius. It’s incredible what he can do with the ball at his feel. For him having a player pressing him or not makes no difference.

“If I think about the Euros, then I feel incredible hunger. For a young player like me, hunger and humility must never be lacking.”

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
130772 messaggi

logo.png

Bonucci almost moved to Zenit

May 17, 2012

Juventus Scudetto winner Leonardo Bonucci was close to joining Zenit St Petersburg before the start of this season.

The Russian club made an offer for the defender after a difficult first season in Turin, but he eventually remained at Vinovo.

“There was a concrete possibility that Bonucci could have gone to Zenit,” agent Davide Torchia told Sky Sport Italia.

Bonucci wasn’t guaranteed a starting shirt at the beginning of the season, but he gradually proved his worth in both a 4-3-3 and a 3-5-2 system. It led to a contract renewal until 2017.

“We’re proud that he was offered an extension before the Scudetto arrived,” added Torchia. “I don’t think he improved just because of the formation change, he grew with the rest of the squad.”

The former Bari stopper was part of a defence which conceded just 20 goals in 38 League games this season.

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
130772 messaggi

logo.png

Bonucci: 'Italy can rely on Juve'

May 26, 2012

Leonardo Bonucci is confident the Juventus defensive block will remain solid at Euro 2012, as “the Coppa Italia Final was just a blip.”

The Bianconeri won the Scudetto and have the strongest back line in Serie A this season, conceding only 20 goals, so form the basis of Cesare Prandelli’s Italy line-up.

“We at Juve were impatient to reach the Nazionale and got here earlier than the deadline,” Bonucci told Tuttosport.

“After an extraordinary season with the Juve jersey, I hope to be part of the final squad of 23 and maybe even play alongside my teammates on international duty. It is only right that the Coach confirms the system that worked well in qualifying, though.”

Juventus were unbeaten in all competition until the last game, losing the Coppa Italia Final 2-0 to Napoli.

“It was tough to lose, but we still have within us a great desire to win. We are just at the start and certainly haven’t been sated by the Scudetto.

“Prandelli did great work in training, giving Italy a style of football, a code of ethics and created a team in his image.”

Bonucci was often criticised by the fans and media for his performances since moving to Turin.

“It was certainly tough to go from a small club like Bari to Juventus, as the first mistake can be fatal. I had the faith of the Coach and the contract was renewed during my moment of greatest difficulty, so they really helped me.”

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
130772 messaggi

logo.png

Bonucci to face betting questions

May 28, 2012

Juventus stopper Leonardo Bonucci will also face questioning as part of the betting probe, it is being reported.

The ANSA news agency is claiming that Bonucci’s name has turned up during the investigation by Cremona officials which led to the arrest of 19 people earlier today.

However, their findings have been passed on to magistrates in Bari who are also investigating alleged match fixing in relation to betting syndicates.

Bonucci will have to answer questions with regard to his time with Bari during their Serie A campaign in 2009-10.

The centre-back was named in Cesare Prandelli’s 25-man squad for Euro 2012 today, but Domenico Criscito was omitted.

The full-back left Coverciano after police raided his room as part of their enquiry into the calcioscommesse scandal.

Juventus will hold a Press conference this evening after the house of boss Antonio Conte was also hit by the authorities on Monday.

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
130772 messaggi

Bonucci implicated in Scommessopoli investigation?

The Juventus centre-back will face questions in relation to his alleged involvement

to fix former club Bari's meeting with Udinese during the 2009-10 Serie A season.

May 28, 2012

Italy defender Leonardo Bonucci is also now reportedly under investigation as the enquiry into the Scommessopoli scandal continues to wreak havoc on the Azzurri's Euro 2012 preparations.

The Juventus centre-back is under suspicion because of his involvement in Bari's 3-3 draw with Udinese during the 2009-10 Serie A season, according to ANSA.

Ex-Bari defender Salvatore Masiello claimed last March that Bonucci was one of four team-mates he spoke to about fixing the outcome of the game in question.

The report comes just hours after Domenico Criscito was dropped from the Italy squad for Euro 2012 following an early-morning search of the Zenit left-back's room at the Azzurri's training base at Coverciano.

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
130772 messaggi

logo.png

Prandelli: 'Bonucci is not Criscito'

May 29, 2012

Cesare Prandelli has defended his decision to bring Leonardo Bonucci and not Domenico Criscito to Euro 2012. “Comparisons with 2006 are a cliché.”

The Italy camp was rocked by a betting scandal, as on Monday police arrived for a dawn raid on the training complex.

They arrested Lazio captain Stefano Mauri and searched the room of defender Criscito, while Juventus man Bonucci is also being mentioned in the on-going case.

“We want to win and emerge clean from this situation,” Coach Prandelli told Rai Sport.

“The most irritating thing is that someone linked Bonucci’s situation with that of Criscito, which is not the case.

“Bonucci did not receive any official notice he was under investigation by police. This is why he is coming to the Euros with us.”

It has also been said this scandal is remarkably similar to the Calciopoli storm that enveloped the Azzurri squad before the 2006 World Cup, which many credited as helping forge team spirit.

“The comparisons with 2006 seem like a cliché to me. They say in difficult moments that the Italy team becomes more united.

“I hope that will be the effect it has, but I don’t believe the theory that Italy only give their best under pressure. We should be giving our best in a calm atmosphere.

“Now the important thing is to let people understand our intentions, which are to clean up the sport.”

The Azzurri were meant to play a friendly against Luxembourg in Parma this evening, but it was cancelled after an earthquake struck the area this morning, leaving at least 15 dead.

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
130772 messaggi

logo.png

Bonucci named in betting probe

May 31, 2012

Juventus’ Leonardo Bonucci has been under investigation for alleged match fixing since May 3, says Italian news agency ANSA.

The defender’s name appears on the paperwork of prosecutors in Cremona with regard to his time with former club Bari.

Bonucci has been included in the Italian international squad for Euro 2012, whereas Zenit’s Domenico Criscito was dropped after he was caught up in the betting match fixing investigation on Monday.

The only difference between the situations of the two players is that Criscito was handed an official notification that he was under investigation, while Bonucci hasn’t.

Neither player has been charged with any wrongdoing.

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
130772 messaggi

logo.png

Italy deny Bonucci story

May 31, 2012

Italian Football Federation Vice-President Demetrio Albertini has denied stories suggesting that Leonardo Bonucci will be placed under investigation.

A report on Thursday afternoon suggested that the Juventus defender, who is named in Italy’s 23-man squad to go to Euro 2012, was on a list of those set to be placed under investigation for their part played in the ongoing probe into illegal betting and match-fixing in the peninsula’s sport.

However, Albertini has moved to quickly deny the report, and also explain why Bonucci was selected for Cesare Prandelli’s squad where Domenico Criscito was not.

“Leonardo Bonucci has not received any notice from the prosecutor to the effect that he is under investigation,” the former Milan player told ANSA.

“The situation was different for Criscito, who received such a notice.”

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
130772 messaggi

Masiello: Bonucci was open to influencing Udinese - Bari fixture

The Atalanta player and former team-mate of the Italy international affirmed

the defender's willingness to ensure the 2009-10 game ended in a draw.

June 2, 2012

Andrea Masiello has implicated Juventus defender Leonardo Bonucci in the Scommessopoli gambling scandal that continues to rock Italian football, swearing under oath that his former Bari team-mate was prepared to fix the result of the clash against Udinese two years ago.

Answering questions from judge Giovanni Abbrescia, the current Atalanta player explained how several men from the Puglia club, including Bonucci, Salvatore Masiello and Alessandro Parisi, were interested in ensuring that the match in the 2009-10 season ended in a high-scoring draw.

However, Masiello did absolve Simone Pepe from involvement, stating that the winger had no interest in influencing the score.

"I went to the training field to talk with Bonucci, Belmonte, Parisi and Salvatore Masiello and present this thing. Businessman Nicola Di Tullo was prepared to start betting live and a draw would have paid out for us," the public hearing heard from Masiello.

"I said to Bonucci that as well as other partners Di Tullio was ready to give us some money, I don't know how much. He wanted to bet on the game live if it ended in a tie. He and his team-mates were in favour, he said 'you can tell him that we are interested'.

"In the practice Pepe was called, and he was asked if he was interested or not... Later when I was in the room Belmonte came back to me, and told me 'no, Pepe told me no.'"

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
130772 messaggi

logo.png

Bonucci defends Chiellini mistake

Jun 15, 2012

Leonardo Bonucci has refused to blame Italy teammate Giorgio Chiellini for Croatia’s equaliser in the 1-1 draw.

The Juventus stopper mistimed his attempt to clear a cross and the result has left the Azzurri in third place in Group C with one game left.

“We knew that Croatia would be especially dangerous when they throw balls into the area from the flanks,” Bonucci noted.

“I, however, think that the positioning of the entire defence was wrong during their goal – it is never the fault of just one player when you concede in such a way.

“Unfortunately, it takes just one incident to change the outcome of a game and that is what happened.

“We played much better than Croatia in the first half, but our performance dropped in the second half and we paid the price for it.”

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
130772 messaggi

logo.png

Bonucci: We’re stronger than England

Jun 23, 2012

Leonardo Bonucci has praised England’s defensive solidity in Euro 2012, joked about Daniele De Rossi and advised Mario Balotelli.

Ahead of Italy’s quarter-final clash with England on Sunday night at the Olympic Stadium in Kiev, Bonucci sat down with the Press on Thursday to take general questions on the latest with the Azzurri.

First on the agenda was Daniele De Rossi, who in light of Giorgio Chiellini’s thigh strain, could again be lining up alongside Bonucci in the centre of defence. Bonucci was asked if it bothered him that De Rossi played in the centre of the three, rather than him.

“Daniele is a great force in midfield, he must play in the middle…” joked the 25-year-old.

“But in all seriousness, against Spain and Croatia he has demonstrated his added value. I am available to the Coach and it’s true that I am used to playing in the centre of defence, a position that allows me to read the game at Juventus.

“If you are moved to the middle then you have to be more aggressive and good at jumping [for crosses]. For me, I’m fine in any case.”

The Azzurri will face a new-look England under Roy Hodgson, who in this tournament have become known for a very defensive, counterattacking style of play.

“They have the attitude of an Italian team, good defensively, tough, they should be studied carefully. Their line of defence, Glen Johnson, John Terry, Joleon Lescott and Ashley Cole is world class.

“Technically, we are stronger in the field for how we play. But, what also counts are attributes like aggression, desire to win and competitiveness, whilst we also have those.

“We’ve started to study [Wayne Rooney]. Moreover, Cesare Prandelli is like Antonio Conte. He prepares for games with many videos and lots of work at training. It is so you always know what to do. And in this case, we must be wary of the English.”

Bonucci was then asked about his action against Republic of Ireland earlier this week, when he put his hand over goalscorer Mario Balotelli’s mouth to prevent the forward from an outburst likely to be aimed at Cesare Prandelli.

“I know Mario well, from when we were 17, I would berate him even then, in the primavera at Inter. He remains a good guy, at that time [against Ireland] let’s say I took care of him, he could have incurred a heavy penalty, I’m glad I found myself there.

“What he said then and there I didn’t really understand, it was a typical outburst in the heat of the moment.

“After the game I went to him in the dressing room to congratulate him and to prompt him to only think about playing. Mario thanked me for the gesture and the kind words.

“We are different, temperamentally, he’s instinctive, 21 years old, I have important people around me, I always respect everyone, I try to be myself. Again, he thanked me, and he must only think of fun, realising that what we are paid for as work is fun.”

There was some debate in the run-up to the tournament as to whether or not Bonucci should have been selected, in light of Domenico Criscito’s removal from the squad, despite the differences in their situations with regard the ongoing investigation into illegal betting and match-fixing in Serie A and B.

“I was disappointed that Mimmo was not here for something outside of football. It’s never easy to take certain decisions. There have been ups and downs that led the Federation to make choices, for the protection of everyone. Otherwise, we would always be here wondering why or why not. Anything done at the time can have its pros and cons.”

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
130772 messaggi

logo.png

Bonucci: 'England hurt Rooney'

Jun 24, 2012

Leonardo Bonucci believes England’s negative approach contributed to keeping Wayne Rooney quiet.

“In terms of what was seen on the pitch, Italy certainly deserved to qualify, as we played more, created more and were more of a team,” he said of the quarter-final win on penalties.

“The penalties can be a lottery, but Gigi Buffon and the takers did well to keep their cool.

“Andrea Pirlo put a bit of pressure on with that scooped spot-kick, but we got through! If the penalties had gone to sudden death, I would’ve been the next up.”

England only had one real scoring opportunity in the opening minutes and defended for most of the 120.

“Rooney was kept quiet by us, but also by England’s tactics, as he had to run back a lot and that tired him out,” argued Bonucci.

“Germany in the Euros and in qualifying have been great, but we have to focus on recharging our batteries and preparing for the semi-final. Now we are here, we want to take our chances.

“All the players we face are top at this level and so we face Mario Gomez with the same approach as we did Rooney, Welbeck or Carroll.”

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
130772 messaggi

logo.png

Bonucci: 'Now bring on Spain'

Jun 28, 2012

Leonardo Bonucci warned Italy “must not rest on our laurels” after sweeping Germany aside to face Spain in the Euro 2012 Final.

“The credit goes to the whole team, as we attack and defend in a united fashion, so that makes it easier for the defenders.

“Now we mustn’t rest on our laurels, as Sunday is very close and we want to win this trophy.

“Considering the way Spain play, it’s not easy when dealing with those who come up from deep and run into space, but we showed in the group game that we were equal to them and can counter them.”

Italy opened their campaign with a 1-1 draw against Spain, but at the time adopted a 3-5-2 system. Will they return to that for the Final?

“That is something the Coach will decide, also looking at the lessons from the group game, but we are ready for any system.”

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
130772 messaggi

logo.png

Bonucci: 'We changed Italy's identity'

Jul 1, 2012

Leonardo Bonucci was in floods of tears after Italy’s defeat to Spain, but insists the victory was “shaking off the reputation of catenaccio.”

The defender was distraught at the final whistle of a 4-0 defeat that ended their Euro 2012 adventure.

“It’s a heavy blow. You can lose a Final, but it hurts to lose it like this,” he told Rai Sport.

“If we had been a different side from the start then we wouldn’t have lost 4-0. Spain probably would’ve won anyway, but we would’ve made it more difficult for them.

“There was also such bad luck with two thigh strains and no substitutions left, so that knocked the wind out of our sails.

“We came into the tournament off a friendly defeat to Russia, but we showed that we had character. That character was perhaps what was missing tonight, as we reached the Final completely exhausted.

“When you play certain games, everyone wants to push through the pain and be there. Andrea Barzagli and Daniele De Rossi looked tired yesterday, so they rested for the training session.

“I think we got the wrong approach from the start, as with a team of this level you can’t give them any space.

“We came on after the break with a different level of determination, but then Iker Casillas saving from Toto Di Natale and Thiago Motta’s injury knocked us for six. There was no way back.

“Spain are certainly a step above the rest and we have to keep working to reach their level, but we are on the right track.

“We have earned our identity, shaken off the reputation of catenaccio and must now continue along this path.”

Bonucci was part of an almost entirely Juventus-based defence along with Gigi Buffon, Barzagli and Giorgio Chiellini.

“When there is a block of players from the same club, they know each other well and so there was an excellent rapport. But this is also Cesare Prandelli’s side and he gave us an important identity, which was playing the ball at all times.

“We showed against a great side like Germany that we could be united, solid and determined enough to run the game. We were missing something this evening.”

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
130772 messaggi

logo.png

Bonucci, Ranocchia interviews booked

Jul 4, 2012

Juventus’ Leonardo Bonucci and Inter’s Andrea Ranocchia have had interviews confirmed for their alleged involvement in the betting scandal.

Investigations into the match-fixing and illegal betting scandal to have hit the Italian game this year are now entering a stage where a number of individuals alleged to have been involved or had some knowledge will be quizzed by prosecutors.

The Federation recently confirmed interview dates for Walter Mazzarri and Antonio Conte, plus a number of current and retired footballers.

Former Bari teammates Bonucci and Ranocchia have now been added to the schedule and the duo will appear before investigators on the same day, to take questions on the investigation into Bari’s alleged involvement in the entire affair.

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
130772 messaggi

Bonucci risks three-year ban for Scommessopoli involvement

The defender could face a lengthy ban for his role in the match-fixing scandal,

while Antonio Conte and Simone Pepe could also be slapped with suspensions.

Jul 26, 2012

Juventus defender Leonardo Bonucci could face a three-year ban for his role in the Scommessopoli scandal as the Italian FA (FIGC) has announced that the centre-back will face charges of sporting fraud.

The FIGC revealed the names of 44 players and 13 clubs that have been indicted for their part in the match-fixing probe, with Bonucci being one of the high-profile names on the list.

The 25-year-old is believed to have been involved in fixing the result of matches during his spell at Bari in 2009-10.

Furthermore, Juve coach Antonio Conte could be suspended as he faces charges of failing to report two attempts of match-fixing during his time at Siena.

The Scudetto-winning trainer was questioned by the prosecution earlier this summer, and was cleared of sporting fraud. However, Conte is now accused of being aware of attempts to fix the results of the games against Novara and Albinoleffe.

Juventus winger Simone Pepe also faces charges of failing to report attempted match-fixing activities during his stint at Udinese.

Other players who will be judged for their roles in the scandal are Marco Di Vaio, Daniele Portanova and Andrea Masiello.

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
130772 messaggi

logo.png

Bonucci and Pepe case rests

Aug 4, 2012

Simone Pepe and Leonardo Bonucci’s lawyers explained why they are going to a full betting trial, but Simone Bentivoglio takes a 13-month plea bargain.

The betting trial continued today with Juventus players Pepe and Bonucci accompanied in the court by director general Beppe Marotta.

There were reported negotiations for hours on a possible plea bargain, but instead Bonucci and Pepe opted to fight the charges and go to a full trial. The sentence is expected on August 8-10.

It can be a risky tactic, considering Bonucci faces a three-and-a-half year ban, while Pepe could be suspended for a year.

“The plea bargain becomes difficult when facing such a long ban. You can negotiate when it’s about three months, but not more than that,” said lawyer Chiappero.

Most of those involved in the scandal are charged with failing to report a potential fix to authorities. This means even those who were approached and refused a proposed fix, or might’ve been aware something strange was happening, can be banned for a year or more.

For example, Juve Coach Antonio Conte risks a 15-month ban for this charge while he was at Siena.

“It’s about time we reconsider the existence of this charge. It was useful when there weren’t full trials, but now it can become even dangerous.”

Bonucci and Pepe left the Rome court this afternoon and travelled to Salerno, where Juventus are set to play Malaga in a friendly this evening.

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti