Vai al contenuto
Accedi per seguire   
Socrates

Leonardo Bonucci

130799 messaggi

swcy9l.png

Bonucci focused on Czech Republic

Jun 6, 2013

Italy won’t start thinking about the Confederations Cup until after Friday’s World Cup qualifier against the Czech Republic, says Leonardo Bonucci.

This week’s game in Prague is being somewhat overshadowed in the media by transfer rumours and the tournament in Brazil which will be played at the end of this month.

“A lot of things are being talked about in these days, but not about our crucial World Cup qualifying game,” the Juventus stopper warned.

“The tie in the Czech Republic will be a crossroads for us.

“As Coach Cesare Prandelli has stated, we’re thinking about this important step and then from Friday night we’ll think about the Confederations Cup.”

Italy will face Brazil, Mexico and Japan in the group stages of the competition – with Uruguay and Spain possible later threats.

“It will be an important tournament for us,” added the 26-year-old. “Doing well there will help us forget about the European Championship Final that we lost.

“Losing as we did to Spain, 4-0, still hurts.”

The Azzurri are top of World Cup qualifying Group B – three points ahead of Bulgaria, five clear of the Czechs and seven in front of Denmark.

Condividi questo messaggio

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
130799 messaggi

swcy9l.png

Bonucci: Italy should have won

Jun 28, 2013

Italy’s Leonardo Bonucci has regrets after his shoot-out miss allowed Spain to progress to the Confederations Cup Final.

The Juventus stopper failed to hit the target as the Spaniards beat a brave Azzurri side 7-6 on penalties after an enthralling encounter ended 0-0.

“There is disappointment,” Bonucci, who was used in a three-man defence by Cesare Prandelli, told Sky Sport Italia.

“We really wanted to get through to the Final against Brazil, but penalties are a lottery.

“We have to start again from this game though. Now we want to have a World Cup as protagonists.”

Italy switched to a 3-4-2-1 system and although Spain had more of the ball, Prandelli’s men had their chances – especially in the first half.

“We saw a great Italian side that put the world champions under the cosh and we should have won the game in 90 minutes,” he added.

“We prepared for the game well.

“The news of the death of Stefano Borgonovo before the tie also gave us an added incentive as we wanted to win and dedicate the victory to him.”

Italy will now play Uruguay on Sunday in the Third/Fourth Place Play-Off.

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
130799 messaggi

swcy9l.png

Bonucci: 'Penalty a life lesson'

Jun 29, 2013

Leonardo Bonucci admits “it’ll be difficult to forget” his penalty miss against Spain, but it “triggered something in me.”

The Italy defender ballooned over the bar during the shoot-out, deciding the Confederations Cup semi-final on Thursday evening.

“Hello to everyone,” he wrote on his official website ahead of Sunday's third place final with Uruguay.

“Taking a penalty in a semi-final and missing is something that will be difficult to forget. As a player and a professional I am truly disappointed, but as an Italian even more so!!!

“At the end of the game, however, it triggered something in me. I was sad, but all of a sudden I felt this strong rage and desire to make up for it that you cannot comprehend.

“If before I wanted to improve myself, then after this experience I feel a desire to dream that is indescribable!!

“I find that sport is a fantastic metaphor and seeing a defeat as a life lesson is my philosophy.

“Well, what else to say. Forza Azzurri. Forza Leonardo.”

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
130799 messaggi

swcy9l.png

Bonucci wants to end career at Juve

Jul 4, 2013

Leonardo Bonucci has admitted that he wants to end his career at Juventus, whilst also commenting on the club's summer business.

The 26-year-old has become a key man in the centre of defence for the Bianconeri, and the Italy international has conceded that he wants to stay at the club until the end of his career.

“After Juve there is Juve,” he told Corriere dello Sport. “I am a Juve fan and I want to finish my career here.

“Carlos Tevez and Fernando Llorente are two extraordinary buys.

“Tevez is known by everyone. And Llorente gave a great impression when I met him at the Confederations Cup.

“With these two I say that the gap between us and the top teams in Europe is reduced.

“The Scudetto is imperative for us next season,” he added. “Conte always wants to win.”

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
130799 messaggi

xofhxd.jpg

Tevez & Llorente will make Juve great again, says Bonucci

The Italy international is buoyed by the Bianconeri's transfer dealings so far
this summer and claims they have already closed the gap on their European rivals.

Jul 4, 2013

Leonardo Bonucci believes the signings of Carlos Tevez and Fernando Llorente will turn Juventus into one of Europe's great teams again.

The Turin giants successfully defended their Serie A title in 2012-13, but they were unable to make an impact in the Champions League as Bayern Munich proved to be too strong in the quarter-finals.

However, Bonucci feels that Juve's transfer policy this summer is further proof that they are on their way back to the summit of European football.

"There might not have been much talk about them in the press, but Llorente and Tevez are both extraordinary signings in my opinion," Bonucci told Corriere dello Sport.

"Everybody knows Tevez and his qualities. Llorente made an excellent impression on me when I had to mark him once with the national team.

"I'd say that we are on our way to joining the great teams in Europe again. The gap with the elite has already become smaller."

Juventus are expected to make Torino defender Angelo Ogbonna their third marquee signing of the summer transfer window in the coming days.

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
130799 messaggi

swcy9l.png

Bonucci fights for three-dom

Jul 30, 2013

Leonardo Bonucci has dismissed suggestions Juventus boss Antonio Conte needs to change the system in Turin.

Conte has used a variety of formations since his arrival two years ago, but the 3-5-2 has developed into his preferred shape.

Bonucci is very much at the centre of the three-man defence, seeing as he is asked to start up play in the middle of Andrea Barzagli and Giorgio Chiellini.

“The truth is that the system gets the best out of all of us,” the Italian international noted. “We’ve won two Scudetti with the three-man defence and I don’t see any reason to change.

“My job is to continue proving my worth, otherwise boss Conte wouldn’t pick me in the team.”

Suggestions earlier this summer claimed that Conte was pondering a tactical evolution in view of becoming more competitive in the Champions League.

The Old Lady will start the season as favourites for the championship and Bonucci insists Conte is working them just as hard as in the past.

“The Coach hasn’t change over the last two years, he still has the same hunger,” the former Bari player added. “Just like all of us in the squad.”

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
130799 messaggi

swcy9l.png

Bonucci happy with Serie A start

Jul 31, 2013

Leonardo Bonucci is unconcerned by the fixture list which will test Juventus over the first three games of the season.

The Italian champions have been given a potentially difficult start at Sampdoria, which will be followed by a home game against Lazio and a trip to San Siro to face Inter.

“It’s better to face the big teams early because they’re teams in transition, while we’re already a well-oiled machine,” the centre-back noted.

“We’re the champions of Italy, if anything it’s the others who should be fearful of us,” the 26-year-old continued.

“When you take to the field in the black and white stripes you have the duty to give all you’ve got and chase success.

“We want to start well against Lazio in the Super Cup and then keep it going in the championship.”

Bonucci will potentially face competition for his place in the side from Angelo Ogbonna, the Italian international who was signed from Torino this summer.

“I’ll have to give 100 per cent, because it wouldn’t take much for the Coach to drop me if I had the slightest dip in form.

“A player like Angelo is good for both the entire team and the defensive unit as a whole. He’ll be able to give us a great deal over the course of the year, just like Carlos Tevez and Fernando Llorente.”

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
130799 messaggi

xofhxd.jpg

Bonucci: Rivals should fear Juventus

The 26-year-old defender is bullish about his side's chances of winning a third
successive Serie A title, arguing that some of their likely challengers are in transition.

Jul 31, 2013

Leonardo Bonucci says that Juventus do not fear anyone and that it is their rivals who should be afraid of the reigning Italian champions.

The 26-year-old defender feels that although his side have a tough start to the campaign, the Bianconeri are in a far stronger position than some of their expected challengers ahead of the new season.

“It’s better to face the big teams early because they’re teams in transition, while we’re already a well-oiled machine," Bonucci told the club's official website.

"We’re the champions of Italy; if anything it’s the others who should be fearful of us.”

The arrival of Angelo Ogbonna from Torino has increased the competition for places in the Juve defence and Bonucci is well aware that he will have to fight to retain his starting berth this term.

“I’ll have to give 100 per cent, because with the coach [Antonio Conte] being as he is, it wouldn’t take much for him drop me if I had the slightest dip in form," he added.

"A player like Angelo is good for both the entire team and the defensive unit as a whole. He’ll be able to give us a great deal over the course of the year, just like [Carlos] Tevez and [Fernando] Llorente.”

Bonucci moved to the Turin giants from Bari in 2010 and will be looking to win a third Serie A title in succession this season.

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
130799 messaggi

swcy9l.png

Bonucci: 'This is Conte's Juve'

Sep 1, 2013

Leonardo Bonucci explained his assist technique and why the side that beat Lazio 4-1 “is the Juventus Antonio Conte wants.”

The defender set up two goals in last night’s Serie A match with perfectly-weighted balls over the top.

http://markting10.nl/

“These are things we practice in training during the week. It went well tonight with my left foot, while I had already done a pass like that with my right in the game that won the Scudetto,” he revealed.

“This is the Juventus that Conte wants, especially in the opening 25 minutes. We slowed the tempo after Miroslav Klose’s goal, but in the second half thanks to Mirko Vucinic we were able to restore our two-goal cushion. We then did well to finish off the match with Carlos Tevez.

“Gigi Buffon had every reason to be angry with us, though, as we allowed Lazio too many shots from distance.”

The victory came just two weeks after Juve demolished Lazio 4-0 in the Italian Super Cup.

“We put in two great performances. In the Super Cup we punished them with goals in quick succession, whereas this time we built chances from start to finish.

“We played with the same rage and passion that stood us apart over the last two seasons.”

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
130799 messaggi

swcy9l.png

Bonucci and Maggio trust De Rossi

Sep 8, 2013

Leonardo Bonucci and Christian Maggio are confident Daniele De Rossi can do well as a centre-back for Italy against the Czech Republic.

The Roma midfielder was tested out in defence for a 3-5-2 system in today’s training session ahead of the World Cup qualifier on Tuesday.

“I am not particularly surprised, as he has already played that role in the past,” Maggio told Sky Sport Italia.

“Of course, Daniele did not start as a defender, but he has the technical qualities that allow him to play in that role. In fact, having such good feet means he’s useful in launching moves from the back.”

De Rossi has previously played for the Azzurri in a four-man defence, while he occasionally took that position in a back three for Roma.

“Competition is just further motivation to do better and improve, as we must all be ready,” added Juventus defender Bonucci.

It is like De Rossi and Bonucci will be joined by Giorgio Chiellini against the Czech Republic.

The World Cup qualifier kicks off at 19.45 UK time (18.45 GMT) at the Juventus Stadium on Tuesday.

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
130799 messaggi

xofhxd.jpg

Gilardino wanted Juventus move, says Bonucci

The defender has claimed that his international team-mate
was keen on a move to the reigning Italian champions.

Sep 9, 2013

Juventus defender Leonardo Bonucci has revealed that fellow Italy international Alberto Gilardino told him he was keen to join the Serie A champions earlier this summer.

The 31-year-old Genoa striker was on the verge of a move to the Turin giants in the closing stages of the transfer window, but the transfer eventually fell through for unknown reasons.

"Gila has told me that he would have been very pleased to join Juventus," Bonucci was quoted as saying by Tuttosport.

"It's a shame that he didn't sign for Juventus in the end. He would have been another option for us.

"His arrival would have been convenient for Antonio Conte."

Gilardino has a contract with Genoa until June 2016.

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
130799 messaggi

xofhxd.jpg

Bonucci praises Juventus 'character' after Inter draw

The Bianconeri defender hails his side's grit and determination after they came
from behind to take a point at San Siro in the first Derby d'Italia of the new season.

Sep 15, 2013

Leonardo Bonucci hailed Juventus' fighting spirit and resolve after they drew 1-1 with Inter in Saturday's Derby d'Italia at San Siro.

Mauro Icardi put the Nerazzurri ahead on 73 minutes only for Arturo Vidal to equalize two minutes later to salvage a point for the Old Lady.

Speaking to Sky Italia after the match, Bonucci was full of praise for his team's performance, seeing it as an example of their resilience when going behind and their difficulty to beat.

"It was a very intense game," the 26-year-old Italian said.

"But it must be said that both teams have good defences. It was still a good game that showed that Juventus, once we've gone a goal down, have character and a will to win."

The result leaves both sides on seven points after the opening three games of the Serie A season and Bonucci admitted that Inter are real contenders for the Bianconeri's league crown.

"As for Inter winning the Scudetto, they have a proven coach [Walter Mazzarri] and play with this great compactness and an excellent defence," he continued.

"In addition to that, they have a great counterattack led by [Rodrigo] Palacio. We'd hoped we could take home something more but the draw's okay.

"Now we're thinking about the Champions League. We're going to Copenhagen to bring home the three points."

Juventus open their European campaign away at FCK on Tuesday.

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
130799 messaggi

swcy9l.png

Bonucci rues wasteful Juventus

Sep 18, 2013

Leonardo Bonucci has defended Juventus’ performance in their disappointing 1-1 draw with Copenhagen.

The Old Lady were firm favourites to make a winning start to their Champions League campaign, but they were frustrated by a Danish side who proved difficult to break down.

“If you take away those first 10 minutes then I think we played well,” the defender noted. “It just wasn't enough though.

“Unfortunately their goal came from a lucky deflection. For the rest of the game we were the only side creating openings, but that's how it goes in Europe.

“If you don't take your chances, you pay for it in points.”

Bonucci was part of a three-man defence which saw summer signing Angelo Ogbonna make his Champions League debut.

“He can play in all of the defensive roles,” added Bonucci. “I think he did well in starting up play as well.

“He’s a really good guy and a great defender. He will become a strong point for Juventus across the season.”

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
130799 messaggi

swcy9l.png

Bonucci looks forward to Galatasaray

Sep 19, 2013

Juventus are still in a strong position to qualify from their Champions League group, says Leonardo Bonucci.

The Italian outfit were surprised on Tuesday when they were held to a 1-1 draw by FC Copenhagen in their opening game.

“We created a lot, but unfortunately we didn’t get the three points,” the defender told the giornalaccio rosa dello Sport.

“We were a bit hesitant at the start, Copenhagen started strongly and we expected that.

“I don’t think we lacked fight. I don’t believe that was the problem and we did not underestimate the game.

“We created chances and just missed out on the win at San Siro too against Inter. Had we scored a goal more against Inter and Copenhagen then everybody would be talking about a great Juve.

“We’re certainly disappointed as three points would have been fundamental. You can’t make certain errors in the Champions League.

“But I don’t think we have compromised qualification. The draw with Nordsjaelland last season was more serious, but then we still won the group.”

The Old Lady’s next game at home against Galatasaray will now be vital, with Real Madrid also in the section.

“We know we have to beat Galatasaray and then we can go to Madrid convinced that anything could happen,” the Italian added.

“Real are strong, but their 6-1 win was surprising because the Turkish stadium is a hot one to play in. Galatasaray are dangerous, we’ll need to be at our best.”

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
130799 messaggi

xofhxd.jpg

Bonucci: Drogba still one of the best

The Italy defender will not be taking the prospect of facing the 35-year-old despite his advancing years.

Oct 1, 2013

Juventus defender Leonardo Bonucci believes Didier Drogba is still one of the best strikers in the world as the Bianconeri prepare to face Galatasaray on Wednesday.

The champions of Italy and Turkey do battle with both teams looking to bounce back from disappointing results in their opening European encounters, with Juve drawing away to Copenhagen and Gala thrashed by Real Madrid.

“Drogba is certainly one of the best strikers in the world and has gone to Galatasaray after his experience in China, with the desire to keep surprising," said Bonucci.

“He inspired Chelsea to Champions League glory and tomorrow we’ll be up against a motivated striker who will want to do well.”

The 26-year old Italy international also identified improving on last year's quarter-final defeat to Bayern Munich as a key target for the Turin outfit this season.

He said: “We’ll need to give everything we have tomorrow, because we have only one objective which is to win, you are almost forced to do that here at Juventus.

“Going further than we did in last year’s Champions League is one of our aims for the season. Therefore we’ll be out to claim all three points tomorrow night.”

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
130799 messaggi

34e7ujn.jpg

Manchester United interested in Juventus defender

Oct 4, 2013

According to reports in England Manchester United manager David Moyes has identified Juventus defender Leonardo Bonucci as a potential target as he looks to reinforce his defensive options at Old Trafford.

However, the 26-year-old is not the Premier League club’s only target for the upcoming transfer windows, with the names of Benfica’s Ezequiel Garay and Eliaquim Mangala of Portugeuse rivals Porto joining Bonucci on their shopping list.

Caughtoffside.com report that the Scot is growing concerned at the amount of time first choice pairing Rio Ferdinand and captain Nemanja Vidic are spending away from the starting 11 with both now into their thirties.

In contrast the Italian has been virtually ever-present since signing from Bari in 2010 and has made at least 30 appearances in each of his three full seasons in Turin.

Bonucci has now played 104 times in Serie A for the Bianconeri managing just four goals with his form also making him a fundamental element of the Italian national side.

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
130799 messaggi

swcy9l.png

'This season's a great one'

Oct 9, 2013

Juventus defender Leonardo Bonucci has urged his teammates to forget the last two Scudetto wins, and concentrate on this season’s title.

The Bianconeri have won the League title for the past two seasons, but currently sit in third place behind early front-runners Napoli and Roma.

“This championship is a great one,” he posted on his official website. “Napoli and Roma are really strong this year.

“I think the League is as good as ever and is sending clear signals [to the rest of Europe] that the teams are to be feared.

“As for us, the best thing to do is forget about the past, the last few championship wins, and focus on this year.”

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
130799 messaggi

xofhxd.jpg

Bonucci relishing Roma and Napoli competition

The 26-year-old has admitted he is enthused by his own team's start to the Serie A
campaign - but is more excited to see rival clubs laying down a challenge to the Bianconeri.

Oct 9, 2013

Juventus defender Leonardo Bonucci has revealed that he is excited by the prospect of Roma and Napoli challenging his team for the Serie A title this season.

Antonio Conte's men have dropped just two points in their bid to record a third-straight Scudetto thus far, but it is the Partenopei and Giallorossi who occupy Italy's top-two places - the latter of which boasts a perfect 100 per cent record.

Instead of fearing the added competition, though, Bonucci admits he is relishing the prospect of a three-way tussle for domestic supremacy this season.

"The championship is beautiful with super strong teams like Roma and Napoli this season," he told the club's official website.

"I think the league is even now and the best thing for us to do is forget our previous two titles and focus on this season."

The 26-year-old, who is currently on international duty with Italy for the Azzurri's two remaining World Cup qualifiers with Denmark and Armenia, will resume domestic duties with the Bianconeri for the visit to Fiorentina on October 20.

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
130799 messaggi

swcy9l.png

Bonucci: 'Juve-Napoli a Final'

Nov 7, 2013

Juventus defender Leonardo Bonucci was pleased with their approach to Real Madrid and expects “a real Final” against Napoli on Sunday.

The Bianconeri were held to a 2-2 draw in the Champions League on Tuesday night.

“Juve had two gears: a fantastic first half and less good in the second,” wrote Bonucci on his official website.

“In my view in Europe it’s true that there are teams with an advantage like Real Madrid, but if they are faced without fear and in fact with real gall, then you can really hurt them.

“These sides have to be taken on blow by blow with ferocity and absolute belief. If that is the case, then something important and magical can be achieved with this Juve. I am certain of it.

“I say this because now we must keep thinking ourselves stronger and be more aware of our capabilities. If we crushed Real Madrid in the first half, logic tells me we want to crush them in the second too!

“Having said that, now I await a real Final on Sunday between us and Napoli. It’s imperative for us to win, especially in our splendid stadium with our fantastic fans.

“I imagine it’ll be a great game. May the best side win.”

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
130799 messaggi

xofhxd.jpg

Monaco keeping tabs on Juventus defender Bonucci

The Stade Louis II outfit are keen to strengthen their back four and have added
the Biaconeri centre-back to their shortlist of summer transfer targets.

Nov 29, 2013

EXCLUSIVE
By Romeo Agresti

Leonardo Bonucci has attracted the interest of Monaco with his fine performances for Juventus this season.

Les Rouge et Blanc are keen to add to their ranks in order to boost their bid to dethrone Paris Saint-Germain as Ligue 1 champions, having previously already bringing in high-profile names such as Radamel Falcao, James Rodriguez and Joao Moutinho.

Monaco have identified their defence as the area that most needs strengthening, despite conceding only 11 goals in 14 games so far this season.

The French view the 26-year-old Bonucci as a player who could help them move to the next level and sent a scout to Juventus' Champions League win over Copenhagen on Wednesday to have a closer look at the Italy international.

Monaco have yet to cement their interest in the centre-back, but they intend to keep monitoring him for the remainder of the season before eventually tabling an official offer during the summer.

Bonucci joined Juventus from Bari in the summer of 2010 and has since developed into a key player in Turin, making over 100 official appearances for the Bianconeri to date.

The defender's current contract with the Italian champions runs until June 2017.

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
130799 messaggi

swcy9l.png

Monaco send scouts for Bonucci

Nov 29, 2013

Monaco have sent scouts to watch Juventus defender Leonardo Bonucci, Press reports have insisted this evening.

Tuttosport have claimed on Friday that the French team were in the stands for the Bianconeri’s win over Copenhagen on Wednesday to watch the defender.

Russian side Zenit St Petersburg had their €15m bid for the 26-year-old rejected in the summer, and it is believed that if Juve are to accept an offer for the Italy international, then the sum would have to be considerably larger than that.

Bonucci has become integral to Antonio Conte’s side since his arrival in 2010.

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
130799 messaggi

swcy9l.png

Bonucci: 'Juve were intelligent'

Jan 5, 2014

Leonardo Bonucci explained Juventus “dominated Roma” 3-0 with a “humble and intelligent performance.”

The defender scored the second goal by turning in an Andrea Pirlo free kick at the back post. He celebrated by putting the ball under his shirt to mark his wife’s pregnancy.

“I usually attack the near post, but I stayed back and Andrea did well to place the ball there. The baby is expected on May 19,” Bonucci told Sky Sport Italia.

“We knew we had to take control on our turf to keep the top of the table. Despite sitting a little deeper than usual to avoid Roma counter-attacks, we still scored three goals and got an important victory.

“It was an intelligent performance, as we couldn’t let Roma make the most of their main strength, which is the pace of players like Gervinho and Adem Ljajic on the counter.”

Bonucci also snapped at the Giallorossi trash-talking over the past few weeks leading up to the game.

“We let Roma talk and we did our talking on the pitch. In recent years when Roma have come to the Juventus Stadium we dominated them and it proved to be the case this time too.

“Big clubs are built on strong defences, which is what we tried to do today. We were humble and waited rather than pouring forward to leave big gaps for Roma to run into.”

This was the Bianconeri’s 10th consecutive victory, so what do they have now that they did not last season?

“We have one more year of experience and the Coach always drills into us the hunger to win, which we maintain despite two consecutive Scudetti. We want to continue this run of victories and win a third straight title.”

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
130799 messaggi

swcy9l.png

Bonucci: I want to win Scudetto

Jan 10, 2014

Juventus defender Leonardo Bonucci has declared that he wants to conquer both the Scudetto and the World Cup in 2014.

The 26-year-old also shared his thoughts on the Old Lady’s upcoming fixtures, which include an away day meeting with Cagliari, and a quarter-final Coppa Italia clash against second-placed Roma.

“We still have a few days to think about the Coppa Italia, now the pressing commitment is the match against Cagliari,” Bonucci has commented in conversation today with Sky Sport Italia.

“However, then we will concentrate on what we will contend for at the [stadio] Olimpico, because it’s still to be seen.

“It’ll be another interesting match and a great challenge between two teams which are rediscovering themselves and putting themselves on the pitch with their own ideas, and it will surely be a great battle.”

Juve’s next League game sees them pitted against 12th placed Cagliari, and Bonucci is not underestimating the Sardinians.

“Of course they will want to cause an upset against Juventus. When you play against the big teams, you always put in that little bit more, and they certainly have some dangerous weapons on the counter attack, because they have interesting players like Ibarbo, Sau and Cossu, who if you give space can hurt you.

“Therefore, we will need maximum concentration, and a great Juve like we have seen in the last 10 games.”

Having suffered from inconsistency in Turin until the arrival of Coach Antonio Conte two years ago, the former Bari defender has enjoyed an upturn in fortunes, and he reserved special praise for the Leccese tactician.

“I’ve improved so much, however the boss [Antonio Conte] is one who prepares the matches down to the finest details, therefore this helps everyone in the squad to improve, even in simple body posture.

“In these two years, I have definitely made many improvements, and I owe that to him, myself and my character.

“However, I have met a great Coach, and above all a great person on my road.”

Meanwhile, Bonucci has reportedly never thought about leaving Turin, and would only seek a move away if he were no longer wanted.

“No, I don’t have any intention of moving. I have always said that for me it would be an honour to continue at Juventus and to end my career here, because it’s a shirt you are proud to wear.

“Then unfortunately you never know in football - if one day they should tell me that I am no longer part of this great family, I will take act and find another club.”

French international starlet Paul Pogba has had a stellar start to the 2013-14 campaign for Juventus, and has been linked with transfers to Real Madrid and Paris Saint-Germain in recent times.

“It’s right that Paul doesn’t listen too much to voices coming from the outside.

“It’s normal though, he’s a 20-year-old boy who has done some incredible things in the last two years and it’s right that big clubs should want him.

“However, I hope that Juventus can keep him for another few years, our squad still hopes.”

When asked about his hopes for 2014, Bonucci confirmed that he has big ambitions for the New Year with both club and country.

“Of course I want to be greedy, because I want the Scudetto with the Juventus shirt.

“Then I want to be a protagonist and win the World Cup with the national team shirt.”

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
130799 messaggi

xofhxd.jpg

Bonucci eager for 'incredible' Pogba to stay at Juventus

The defender admits interest in the 20-year-old is inevitable after his form
this season and says he is determined to see out his own career in Turin.

Jan 11, 2014

Juventus defender Leonardo Bonucci says he hopes that "incredible" midfield starlet Paul Pogba stays with the club for the next few years.

Pogba has been strongly linked with a move to Paris Saint-Germain after a string of fine performances at the heart of the Bianconeri midfield this season.

While Bonucci admits the 20-year-old was always likely to catch the eye of foreign suitors with his form for the Serie A champions, he is eager for the former Manchester United youngster to commit himself to the club for the time being.

"It's right that Pogba doesn't listen too much to voices coming from the outside," Bonucci told Sky Sport Italia."

"It's normal though, he's a 20-year-old boy who has done some incredible things in the last two years and it's right that big clubs should want him.

"However, I hope that Juventus can keep him for another few years."

Bonucci himself insists he has every intention of finishing his own career with the Bianconeri after enjoying two Scudetto triumphs since his move from Bari in 2010.

"I don't have any intention of moving," said the 26-year-old. "I have always said that for me it would be an honour to continue at Juventus and to end my career here, because it's a shirt you are proud to wear.

"Unfortunately, you never know in football - if one day they should tell me that I am no longer part of this great family, I will act and find another club."

Bonucci also stressed his desire to make 2014 a memorable year as he eyes a third-straight Serie A triumph as well as success in the 2014 World Cup.

"Of course I want to be greedy, because I want the Scudetto in the Juventus shirt," he added.

"Then I want to be a protagonist and win the World Cup with the national team shirt."

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
130799 messaggi

swcy9l.png

Bonucci: Cagliari win was vital

Jan 13, 2014

Leonardo Bonucci believes that Juventus’ win over Cagliari on Sunday was ‘the most important’ of the season.

The Bianconeri came from a goal down to beat the Isolani 4-1 yesterday, and the defender has claimed that they were vital three points in their bid for their third successive Scudetto.

“To finish the first round of fixtures with a win was our goal,” he wrote on his official website.

“We beat Roma, but these three points against Cagliari were the most important for me.

“Now, as far as everyone is concerned, the League starts on Sunday with the second round.

“We have this margin at the top but we have to maintain it.

“A strong team that wants to win its third successive title should only have one thing in mind – win the next game!”

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti