Vai al contenuto
Accedi per seguire   
Socrates

Leonardo Bonucci

130805 messaggi

swcy9l.png

Bonucci hits back at Garcia

Feb 24, 2014

Juventus' Leonardo Bonucci says comments by Roma boss Rudi Garcia that his side may falter due to their Europa League involvement are inaccurate.

http://markting10.nl/

The 26-year-old added that, contrary to Garcia’s words, the additional games would only serve to provide his team with further motivation to succeed.

“I have heard about all the Roma boss’ comments about hoping that we slip up due to our involvement in the Cups,” Bonucci wrote on his official website.

“I personally find that for a winning team, playing in cups gives more motivation and is more of a positive than a negative.

The Azzurri defender then reacted to the Old Lady’s derby win over Torino.

“Turin is black and white!” he wrote. “It seems to be a rhetorical phrase but winning against this Torino team is not easy.

“Forza Juventus!”

Condividi questo messaggio

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
130805 messaggi

xofhxd.jpg

Bonucci questions Juventus hunger

The Italy international has insisted that the title race is not
over yet and has urged his team-mates to keep giving their all.

Apr 1, 2014

Juventus defender Leonardo Bonucci has questioned the hunger of his team-mates and says the race for Serie A is far from over.

The reigning champions were stunned by Napoli at the weekend, as Jose Callejon and Dries Mertens scored either side of the break to seal a 2-0 victory for Rafael Benitez's men.

The result leaves Juve sitting 11 points clear of second-placed Roma, who have a game in hand, with Bonucci concerned that the Bianconeri have taken their foot off the gas.

"What this defeat really showed me is firstly that the Scudetto is still not won and secondly that it will keep our feet on the ground," he wrote on his official website.

"You can always learn more. Napoli showed that they had more hunger than we did.

"The Juventus that I know has always shown more hunger than their opponents."

Antonio Conte's side have seven league games remaining, including a trip to Roma in May.

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
130805 messaggi

swcy9l.png

Bonucci has ‘good feeling’

Apr 17, 2014

Juventus defender Leonardo Bonucci says he has a good feeling about his side’s Europa League tie with Benfica.

The first leg of the semi-final against the Portuguese champions elect takes place in Lisbon next Thursday, with the return at Juventus Stadium a week later.

“I have a positive feeling about the match with Benfica,” Bonucci told Juventus’ official website during a video interview.

“It’s like a final but we want to lift the trophy, that’s our target every season.

“Our secret is that we believe in ourselves, as the boss asks us to. I personally like to take a lot of responsibility.

“Compared to last year I have improved, I have felt that the destiny of the team is also in my hands.”

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
130805 messaggi

swcy9l.png

Juve ‘badly want Scudetto’

Apr 18, 2014

Juventus defender Leonardo Bonucci says his team badly want to win a third Scudetto in succession.

The 26-year-old is also enjoying the Old Lady’s extended run in the Europa League and says it would be a dream to play in the final at Juventus Stadium.

“In Udine we showed what a great unit we are,” Bonucci told JTV. “We badly want to win the Scudetto, we always give everything on the pitch just as Conte asks us to.

“Against Benfica it will be a one off but it would be a dream to play in the final at home.

“We are going to Lisbon to show what we are all about. Even away from home we will try to play our own game, without fearing the opponent.

“Even without our home crowd we can certainly have our say in the match.”

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
130805 messaggi

swcy9l.png

‘Final would make Juve proud’

Apr 30, 2014

Leonardo Bonucci says Juventus reaching a Europa League Final would be ‘a source of pride’, whilst he also pays tribute to ‘silent leader’ Andrea Pirlo.

The Bianconeri will host Benfica on Thursday evening in the second leg of their Europa League semi-final chasing a 2-1 deficit for a place in a final they will host at Juventus Stadium.

“Since our last European trophy in 1996, we haven't been this close to winning a final, so for us it would be a source of pride,” Bonucci has considered to UEFA’s official website this week.

“It would return Juventus to being one of the best teams in Europe.

“Benfica? Any team that gets to this stage of the competition is strong.

“They’ve shown their individual talent and reached the final last year, risking everything and only losing to a great side like Chelsea.

“I also say that in football, aside from ability, you also need a slice of luck.”

Bonucci also considered the influence Andrea Pirlo continues to have on the Old Lady.

“He's a leader - a silent leader, but one who knows how to carry his team through difficult moments.

“He showed that in Florence, ensuring that we won the match and progressed. He then also scored an important goal which helped us get past Lyon.

“Outside of football, he's a great man and has been one of the world’s best midfielders in the history of the game.”

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
130805 messaggi

swcy9l.png

Bonucci: 'Sassuolo decisive moment'

May 5, 2014

Leonardo Bonucci believes the 3-1 victory at Sassuolo was “the moment Juventus really clinched the title.”

The Bianconeri had been 1-0 down to the relegation strugglers, but fought back for a 3-1 win to maintain the eight-point gap from Roma.

“I think that period when we notched up a series of 1-0 wins was the key to winning the Scudetto. However, I maintain Sassuolo was the moment we really clinched the title,” Bonucci told Sky Sport Italia.

“Those who were chasing us had a great campaign, but they came up against a Juventus side that was remarkable.

“We have always said that with the statistics they put together, in any other year Roma would’ve won the Scudetto. Unfortunately for them – fortunately for us! – Juve had a campaign that broke all records.

“When you win, it is the best medicine for any problems, so we want to continue along this path, so we can keep winning in Italy and resume winning in Europe.

“In Europe when you make a mistake, you pay a heavy price. That’s what we did this season and I include myself in that.

“We did well in Serie A to maintain concentration at the highest level at all times, proving in every game that we wanted this at all costs.”

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
130805 messaggi

34e7ujn.jpg

Monaco enquire on Juventus defender

May 26, 2014

Juventus centre back Leonardo Bonucci has emerged as a summer transfer target for French club AS Monaco and it appears the Monegasques could make the Italian international one of their top targets of the upcoming transfer window.

Reports emerged in La giornalaccio rosa dello Sport suggesting the Ligue 1 side, who finished second last season, could contact reigning Italian champions Juventus in an attempt to seal a deal for Bonucci.

It is unclear whether the Bianconeri would be willing to let Bonucci go however, and they are yet to respond to Monaco’s alleged interest.

If he were to depart, the Italian defender would compete with veterans Ricardo Carvalho and Eric Abidal for a first team place.

Bonucci is currently with the Italian national side preparing for the upcoming World Cup where he is expected to feature for Cesare Prandelli’s side alongside Juventus teammates Andrea Barzagli and Giorgio Chiellini.

Bonucci has made 119 appearances for the Bianconeri since joining from Bari in 2010 for €15.5 million and has scored on six occasions.

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
130805 messaggi

swcy9l.png

Bonucci hails Prandelli extension

May 27, 2014

Leonardo Bonucci believes that Cesare Prandelli’s contract extension with the FIGC can only be good news.

The Italian national team Coach confirmed on Monday that he had signed an extension with the federation to stay on until the European Championships in 2016.

And the defender has claimed that that consistency will help going into the World Cup this summer.

“Prandelli’s renewal is great news,” he told a Press conference. “We’ve been on an exciting path and we hope to keep growing.

“The second place at the Euros [in 2012] and the third place at the Confederations Cup were, in large part, down to the Coach and his staff.

“For many us, this is going to be our first experience of a World Cup. And as Prandelli said, we have to be united, together as a group.

“It’s been a long and tiring season, but playing in a World Cup is a great motivation for any player.”

The 27-year-old then commented on his future at Juventus and Antonio Conte’s decision to stay on as Bianconeri boss.

“I’ll think more about Juve after the World Cup, but I think we’re all delighted that he’s decided to stay on.

“My future is very simple – I want to stay at Juve. When the club don’t want me, that’s when I’ll make new plans.

“But right now, my only thought is to stay with Juventus.”

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
130805 messaggi

swcy9l.png

‘Allegri has explained his ideas’

Jul 31, 2014

Leonardo Bonucci admits that Antonio Conte’s departure was a surprise, but says Max Allegri has ‘explained his ideas’.

Juventus are under new management this summer and continued their adaptation with a goalless draw with Cesena on Wednesday evening.

“The game went well, I honestly thought we were worse, but we are on track,” Bonucci considered after involvement in the game following only a handful of sessions.

“We played in the same way as last season, we have made ourselves available immediately. If we change to a back four then we will do so well and I am ready to prove myself in a four.

“Conte’s departure was an unexpected blow, because we had the intention to continue with him, we thank him for what we managed together for these three years.

“Are others now favourites for the Scudetto? We have to think to stay compact, it is true that we won thanks to Conte, but in the end we are the ones out in the field. And this time the field will tell you that Juve is the strongest.

“Allegri has explained his ideas, his desire to revisit the past without radically changing things. He has the desire to continue taking us to the top of Serie A.”

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
130805 messaggi

2wg6lhu.png

Leonardo Bonucci interests Arsene Wenger?

Aug 12, 2014

Arsenal manager Arsene Wenger has reportedly added Juventus centre-back Leonardo Bonucci to his list of potential defensive additions.

It is believed that Wenger is in the market for a new defender following his decision to allow club captain Thomas Vermaelen to join Barcelona earlier this week.

German internationals Mats Hummels and Benedikt Howedes have been linked with moves to the Emirates Stadium in recent days, but Bonucci is also high on Wenger's wishlist, according to Tuttosport.

The 27-year-old joined Juve from Bari in 2010 and he has gone on to win three Serie A titles with the Turin-based outfit.

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
130805 messaggi

swcy9l.png

Bonucci: Playing for Conte fun

Sep 8, 2014

Leonardo Bonucci has praised former Juventus and current Italy Coach Antonio Conte for his work with the Azzurri so far.

The 45-year-old is gearing up to his competitive debut on the national team bench and has received backing from one of his former Juve players pre-game.

“Although there is little time to train, we have to play two games,” Bonucci began, sitting next to his Coach in today’s conference in Oslo.

“With Conte we train in strong rhythms whilst we always know what to do, how we need to move the ball, and this is fun.

“And his particular style of man-management? In a football team there is a Coach who decides a set of rules and it is up to the players to enforce those rules.

“Conte does not make decisions for us but directs us. That is the secret that led Juve to win so much and we hope now that it can also happen with the national team.”

Bonucci was then asked about the absence of Giorgio Chiellini, and the other potential centre back pairings.

“After three years working together, the partnership between Giorgio and I is stupendous. But with David Astori I have worked well and we have talked a lot, which helps. Against the Netherlands the defence was great.”

The Bianconero also shared his views on the situation between Juventus and Italy over Chiellini.

“Giorgio would have liked to have stayed here with us, we all know how he is and how he lives his work.

“But Juve needed to monitor his condition. He must abide by what his club decides - it is not that Juve want to impose their power, it is just a necessity.”

Italy begin Euro 2016 qualifying against Norway.

“We started to study Norway three days ago and saw the live game on TV between them and England.

“They play a solid 4-5-1 that allows them to take advantage of the offensive characteristics of the two wide attackers.”

Bonucci provided a brilliant lobbed assist for Ciro Immobile against the Netherlands last week.

“I told Ciro after kick-off, let's get the ball rolling, you attack deep. And he did.”

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
130805 messaggi

swcy9l.png

Bonucci: 'Balotelli must work'

Sep 9, 2014

Leonardo Bonucci sent a stark message to Mario Balotelli. “He needs to understand to play for Italy you have to work together.”

The centre-back scored in tonight’s 2-0 Euro 2016 qualifier against Norway, while Sassuolo striker Simone Zaza opened his account.

“In Italy we already knew Zaza and he scored a great goal for Sassuolo against Juventus last season,” Bonucci told Rai Sport.

“He is wise for his age and ready to work hard, while he has real physical gifts.”

Zaza has effectively replaced Balotelli in the side and with this form it’ll be tricky for the Liverpool striker to get back in.

“Mario will certainly have seen the games. If he does what the Coach asks of him, then he can be a reference point for this Nazionale.

“The problem is he needs to understand to play for the Nazionale you have to work all together, run together and move constantly.

“We’ve never had a problem with Mario. We know what his personality is like and during the World Cup I tried talking to him, but we know his character is his Achilles heel. It can make him strong and weak at the same time.”

Bonucci plays from the back, especially in the absence of injured Andrea Pirlo.

“I certainly like this role and the Coach put many elements in my hands to help the team move. I like responsibility on my shoulders.

“As we have always said with Conte at Juventus, the important thing is for all the players to contribute to defence. The new boys can attest to how focused and pernickety he is on ensuring nobody relaxes for a second.”

Conte was his usual spectacular self on the touchline in Oslo, which was no surprise for Bonucci.

“Everyone knows what he’s like and we’ve all got those images in our minds from his time at Juventus. He is the first to transmit his grit and hunger to the players, which can also be seen by everyone else on the touchline.

“We haven’t had much time to oil the gears of a system that for us Juventini was practically automatic. We’ve had the chance to apply these ideas on the field, which makes us very happy and builds our confidence going forward.

“When you know what to do and everything is planned out, it comes naturally and you feel more confident.”

Malta and Azerbaijan are Italy’s next opponents in the group before Croatia.

“On paper they are teams we can certainly beat, but as the Coach will no doubt say, unexpected things happen the moment you relax. We need the same approach as always, with that hunger and determination.”

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
130805 messaggi

swcy9l.png

Bonucci 'punched' by mental coach :|

Sep 27, 2014

Juventus defender Leonardo Bonucci is fired up by getting insulted in the dark and punched in the stomach, said his mental coach.

The Italy and Juve centre-back has for years been working with personal motivator Alberto Ferrarini, who also worked with Alberto Gilardino and Francesco Toldo in the past.

“Over the years I took Bonucci into my basement. Underground. In the dark,” wrote Ferrarini on Facebook.

“There, with a tone anything but kind or sweet, I offended him in every way possible. I judged him. I insulted him.

“If he made even the slightest attempt to glance at me, he’d receive a punch straight to the stomach.

“The objective? To win over judgement, so Leo would always be focused and ignore everything else around him. That’s how I started making him into a soldier.”

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
130805 messaggi

swcy9l.png

Bonucci on Pirlo and Rugani

Oct 7, 2014

Leonardo Bonucci is glad his Juventus teammate Andrea Pirlo postponed international retirement and hailed Empoli’s Daniele Rugani.

The centre-back spoke at a Press conference ahead of Friday’s Euro 2016 qualifier against Azerbaijan in Palermo.

“Pirlo was convinced of his decision to leave the Italy squad, so thankfully he changed his mind,” said Bonucci.

“Conte brought him back in by getting him involved in an enthusiastic project. I already said before that we all know Conte’s knowledge and hunger for victory are added bonuses. They were at Juventus and the same is true in the Nazionale.

“It will take time to reach 100 per cent, but this group wants to improve and listens to the ideas of the Coach. That is a big advantage.”

Bonucci was also asked whether Conte had a written code of ethics like predecessor Cesare Prandelli.

“You don’t need that with Conte... It’s enough to talk things over.”

Italy have a new defender in the squad, as Empoli’s 20-year-old centre-back Rugani earned his debut senior call.

“Rugani is a player of great promise and is such a good professional. We already noted his quality when he was in the Primavera youth team. He doesn’t pull back and is humble, so over these last few years his growth at Empoli has been exponential.”

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
130805 messaggi

34e7ujn.jpg

Bonucci: I Have Nothing Against Roma

Oct 7, 2014

Juventus defender Leonardo Bonucci say he has nothing against Roma after responding to a tweet he posted on Monday night.

After tweeting ‘Winning is the only thing that matters’ and ‘Rinse your mouth’ on Monday night, Bonucci’s words have garnered criticism as they appear to have been directed at Giallorossi defender, something the defender denies.

“It was for my and the clubs followers,” Bonucci told reporters at an Italy’s press conference ahead of the Azzurri’s matches.

“I do not want to attack anyone, I don’t score too many goals and was just so happy with the win.

“I have massive respect for Roma and there was no desire to offend but simply to cheer up my followers.

“I always write ‘Winning is the only thing that matters’, it’s in Juventus’ DNA.”

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
130805 messaggi

swcy9l.png

Bonucci on Azerbaijan struggle

Oct 12, 2014

Leonardo Bonucci explained the difficulties Italy had breaking down Azerbaijan in a 2-1 win.

“When you meet a team like this that sits back in its own half, it is difficult to find a way through,” the Juventus defender told Rai Sport after the Euro 2016 qualifier.

“We knew that we’d have to make the most of set plays to break them down, but perhaps need to be more determined in our finishing.”

In a Press conference this week, Ciro Immobile and Simone Zaza said they were an ‘ignorant’ strike pair because they do not calculate when to hold back.

“The truth is that we are an ‘ignorant’ team in the sense that we want victory at all costs and fight for every ball. That is the secret to the revival of the Nazionale,” agreed Bonucci.

The centre-back scored with a sensational volley last Sunday to secure Juve’s 3-2 victory over Roma, but wasted a couple of good opportunities for Italy.

“I could’ve done better, as I was alone in the box and tried to score a great goal, perhaps remembering last week’s.

“I should’ve had a cooler head in front of goal, but if I had that I’d be a striker and not a defender!”

The Azzurri travel to Malta for Monday night’s Euro 2016 qualifier.

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
130805 messaggi

swcy9l.png

Bonucci: Juve must be ruthless

Oct 30, 2014

Leonardo Bonucci says that Juventus have been taught a hard lesson against Genoa and must be more ruthless.

The Bianconeri suffered their first defeat of the season in the League, conceding in the fourth and final minute of stoppage time at Marassi.

“Last night’s defeat made us understand that football can be ruthless and cynical, features that we don’t have at Juventus today,” Bonucci posted.

“These are the facts and if we want to win we need to add this value too.

“I really hope this defeat serves us well as a lesson, me included of course.

“It will be a real battle in Empoli and I’d like to play that game today.

“I’m hungry, really hungry but we need to be even hungrier…’Till the end Forza Juventus!”

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
130805 messaggi

swcy9l.png

Bonucci: 'Juve more positive now'

Nov 27, 2014

Leonardo Bonucci believes Juventus “are more positive in Europe” with their new tactical system.

Since Max Allegri changed to four at the back with Carlos Tevez dropping deeper to get the ball, the Bianconeri have won every match, including last night’s 2-0 Champions League victory at Malmo.

“It was an important win, above all because we wanted it from the start,” the centre-back told JTV.

“Winning means putting a good marker down for qualification. The decider will be on our own turf against Atletico Madrid and, maybe even to dream of first place in the group.

“The turning point was against Olympiacos and again the only thing that mattered was victory. We conceded two avoidable goals on set plays, but did well to turn it around.

“From that moment a tactical process began that made us stronger and more positive, especially in Europe.

“What changes for the defenders? We often end up facing opponents in one-on-one situations, but at Juve you have to accept that because it gives the chance for those in attack to be more effective.”

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
130805 messaggi

swcy9l.png

Bonucci: ‘I'm happy at Juve’

Dec 2, 2014

Juventus central defender Leonardo Bonucci has denied rumours about contract issues and says he only thinks of the Bianconeri.

Bonucci has been the subject of increasing speculation over his future amid continued contract negotiations with Juve.

Whilst reports are of stalled talks whilst the player looks for a new agent, he has looked to clarify his position in a statement released today.

“A lot has been written and said about my situation,” Bonucci posted on social media.

“I'm happy at Juve. I only think about the pitch and about winning with these colours. I don't think about my renewal.

“The agent who has represented me over the years has done his job seriously and professionally.

“I feel fine at Juventus. Forza Juventus to the end!”

Bonucci's current contract is due to expire in 2017.

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
130805 messaggi

xofhxd.jpg

Juventus can reach Champions League quarter-finals - Bonucci

The defender is confident of making the last eight of the competition
without disregarding the threat posed by their last-16 opponents.

Dec 3, 2014

Leonardo Bonucci is confident Juventus are capable of reaching the quarter-finals of the Champions League and says last-16 opponents Borussia Dortmund will provide the perfect European litmus test for his side.

The Bianconeri won three consecutive Serie A titles under previous coach Antonio Conte, but European football's elite competition has proved to be something of a stumbling block.

In each of the past three seasons the club have failed to progress beyond the group stages, but Massimiliano Allegri successfully navigated his new side into the last-16 by finishing second in Group A behind Atletico Madrid.

Juve were subsequently drawn against Bundesliga side Dortmund and despite their struggles in Germany's top flight, Bonucci says the game will show just how far the team have come under their new boss.

"Dortmund are a great team and they will tell us exactly what level we have reached in the Champions League," he said.

"In the Champions League you need luck, but we have improved and we can finish in the top eight, I am certain of that."

Despite topping Serie A heading into the winter break, Allegri's men ended 2014 on a sour note as they were beaten on penalties in the Italian Super Cup by Napoli, a result Bonucci is determined to banish from memory.

"To finish the year with a defeat was not good and we want to immediately make a strong start to 2015. I want to defend the jersey and bring my passion."

Juve resume their league campaign against Inter on Tuesday and face Dortmund in the first-leg of their last-16 Champions League encounter on February 24.

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
130805 messaggi

swcy9l.png

Bonucci a Bianconeri leader

Once prone to lapses, Leonardo Bonucci has emerged as Juventus’ defensive leader, writes Luca Cetta.

Feb 11, 2015

More than anything else to come from Juventus’ win over Milan, ‘perspective’ was front and centre. The prolonged debate surrounding Carlos Tevez opening goal aside, that word can also be used in reference to Juve central defender Leonardo Bonucci.

As part of the pre-Antonio Conte struggles, Bonucci was viewed in some quarters as another transfer blunder. Fast forward to the present day and the perspective is one of a reliable presence in the Bianconeri defence. Goal celebration aside, the Viterbo native has not put much of a foot wrong this season.

When Conte settled on his back three in 2012, Bonucci became a key component as the central figure thanks to his impeccable anticipation and ability as a playmaker. Outside a 3-5-2 Bonucci was seen to struggle. It wasn’t exactly a groundless theory. Leo looked at home with a teammate on either side, while at international level his defensive work in a back four was decidedly shaky.

This season is testament to what Bonucci can do in either system. Andrea Barzagli may be nicknamed ‘the Rock’, but Bonucci is the foundation on which Massimiliano Allegri builds his defence.

No Juve player has made more Serie A starts than his 21, a number matched only by Gianluigi Buffon. In addition are six Champions League starts, even if he’s not been as assured on the continent as in Serie A. As giornalaccio rosa dello Sport reported on Tuesday, factor in a Coppa Italia and Super Cup appearance and he has played a total of 2640 minutes – the pink paper dubbing Bonucci the ‘man of steel’. He’s missed just two matches – one suspended, one rested.

Allegri may have dismissed utilising a back four “until I have the personnel to do it,” but even without Barzagli the shift was made and the Turin side have hardly missed a beat. They have conceded more goals – six to three in Serie A – but it’s their best defensive record since 1985-86 and arguably the catalyst for improvements further afield. “We are often faced with opponents one on one,” Bonucci explained, “But Juve have to accept it, because it offers the possibility for those playing in attack to be more effective.”

The defender says he is happy with either system. “I am happy in any system and try to put myself to the service of the team. Obviously with three I can read the situations better, but I have shown over the years I can do well with four too.”

The 27-year-old has coped with changing personnel. Martin Caceres and Angelo Ogbonna started the season alongside Bonucci but both would succumb to injury. Giorgio Chiellini has not enjoyed a productive campaign and Barzagli hasn’t played all season. The one constant has been Bonucci.

Those momentary lapses, the loose pass deriving out of self confidence, which plagued Bonucci’s first seasons at Vinovo, have slowly dissipated. The conviction in his abilities makes the No 19 pivotal and has seen him develop into a leader. This reliability and added maturity will be pleasing for Allegri.

The Italian international has proven handy in attack too, scoring 11 times in 202 appearances. What’s most notable is his timing, the ability to score a big goal. Five have been decisive for a result, another two opening the scoring. On Saturday Bonucci restored Juve’s lead over Milan for his second goal of the season, the other the winner against Roma.

With Barzagli reportedly close to returning there will be greater competition for spots in the Old Lady’s defence. Yet given his performances this term, it’s hard to imagine Bonucci on the outer.

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
130805 messaggi

swcy9l.png

Bonucci: 'Only victors write history'

Mar 4, 2015

Juventus' Leonardo Bonucci talks about the possibility of winning a fourth Scudetto, saying that 'only victors write history'.

The defender was accused of premature celebration yesterday for tweeting a picture of a Scudetto emblem on the chest of Gianluigi Buffon, with the comment 'Always on our chest, proudly!'

Today, the 27-year-old returned to the social network to clarify his original intention.

“I'd just like to clarify that the Scudetto on [buffon's] chest is the one that we already won, with a record that is not just hard to beat, but hard to get close to,” he wrote on his Twitter profile.

“It's the 32nd in Bianconeri history, the third consecutive. I placed it on Gigi's chest because it's ours and we must show it with pride, defending it so we can conquer it again.

“Today we're first in the standings, with a nine-point lead. But to conquer the 33rd Scudetto, the fourth in a row, there's still a lot of sweating, running, working, and fighting to do.

“There are many battles we still have to win. The road is long. ‘Fino alla fine’ [until the end] is not just a motto but a lifestyle, we have to keep going until we have reach our objectives.

“Everything else, all of the interpretations so far, are given by the freedom of speech guaranteed by a democratic state.

“I'm going straight for my objective – winning. Because only the victors write history.”

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
130805 messaggi

6i70qd.jpg

Leonardo Bonucci is quietly
having a very good season

Apr 28, 2015

There have been moments in Leonardo Bonucci's six-year career with Juventus that make you laugh, others that make you stand up and cheer, and then some that make you frustrated as all living hell. This has been the story of Leonardo Bonucci ever since the day he made his Juve debut in August of 2009.

Like it or leave it, things just happen — good and bad.

Yes, things like that tends to happen from time to time, especially this season. And let's be honest, it's worth a good laugh to see Bonucci take a tumble over the advertising boards during the handful of Juventus wins he's done such this season.

Yet, with all the funny comes the pretty impressive as well.

You probably won't be mistaking Bonucci for Carlos Tévez or Álvaro Morata anytime soon, but that's beside the point. It's not like we get to see a Juventus defender stride forward with a run like that and find the back of the net. (No, not Giorgio Chiellini as much as he wants to do those kinds of runs on a regular basis.)

Let me pose this question with a follow-up: Did you expect Bonucci to be one of Juventus' most consistent and reliable players this season? Did you expect him to be Juventus' most consistent defenders as well? I'm asking this in an honest kind of way, not the 'Hey, let's mock Leo because he's kinda funny!' way or anything like that. Bonucci has been good — in fact, very, very good for the vast majority of the 2014-15 season, one that will see Juve wrap up a fourth straight Scudetto in a matter of games and advance to the Champions League semifinals.

Looking at Giorgio Chiellini's stats, they are better than Bonucci's, so he must be having a pretty good season, too.

Well, not really.

Bonucci's had to play next to an out-of-form Chiellini for a good amount of Juventus' games this season. It seems like we've probably seen Chiellini slip on the turf on a European stage just as many times as Bonucci has gone over the advertising boards in recent weeks. Then you throw in how Juventus' defense has been ravaged by injuries — with both Barzagli and Cáceres missing huge chunks of the season — and despite all of it, Bonucci has been as consistent as it gets.

And it has come in a campaign where Max Allegri began the season with a base 3-5-2 formation, then switched to his preferred 4-3-1-2, and has since bounced back and forth depending on the injury situation and what the individual game calls for at the time. At the center — ha, pun intended — of it all bas been Bonucci no matter which defensive setup has been used.
Some of that has to do with the fact that Bonucci is comfortable in both formations because of the past teams he's been on, but it also has to do with how well he has played in general. It doesn't really what formation Allegrii has deployed or who has played alongside the 27-year-old Bonucci. When he's played, he's produced. And that has happened a lot considering he has played the most minutes (2,700) and started the most games (30 out of a possible 32) out of any Juventus player in Serie A this season.

That's something we weren't able to say during the early days of his Juventus career. Gone are the days where he was wildly inconsistent and a potential liability in big games.

And the value of all of this? Massive, no doubt. In a season where the shuffling in defense has been frequent as Allegri going between two formations as of late, the only thing more consistent has been the play of Bonucci.

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
130805 messaggi

swcy9l.png

Bonucci: ‘No Barcelona regrets’

Jun 9, 2015

Leonardo Bonucci insists Juventus have ‘no regrets’, despite losing the Champions League final to Barcelona.

The Bianconeri were defeated 3-1 in Berlin on Saturday night, but as he joins his Italy teammates for international duty, the defender insists they must look forward.

“We have no regrets over the final,” Bonucci explained in a Press conference at Coverciano.

“On the pitch, Barça were stronger than us in the key moments. We have to take it as a starting point, for us players and for the club.

“We must begin from the understanding that we’ve reached a high level in Europe, we have to nurture this dream but keep our feet on the ground.

“We have to continue with a furious hunger for success.

“Playing now with the national team helps banish the memories of defeat, waiting a month-and-a-half could have had a destabilising effect.

“Losing that dream was a disappointment, but in the end we must all learn something from it. We have to start again from now, because Juventus are back to being competitive in Europe.

“We have to make sure we never stop trying to raise our individual levels.”

Alvaro Morata revealed that he did not take his runner-up medal, and Bonucci shared similar sentiments.

“I don’t celebrate second place, I took it off one second after receiving it.

“The biggest emotions I felt were walking out, seeing so many people around us, and then in those 10 minutes [after we scored] where we thought we could take the lead.

“We were stretched as a team, and that’s when Barcelona hurt us.”

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
130805 messaggi

swcy9l.png

Bonucci: ‘Pirlo, Tevez? It’s up to them’

Jun 9, 2015

Leonardo Bonucci says it’s up to Carlos Tevez and Andrea Pirlo to decide whether to stay at Juventus, and welcomes Sami Khedira.

There has been speculation the pair could end their spells in Turin a year early, with Tevez linked with a return to Boca Juniors, and Pirlo tempted by an MLS adventure.

“Tevez? Obviously we all want to walk into the dressing room on July 20 and find him there,” Bonucci explained, addressing a Press conference on Italy duty.

“It’s a decision which only he can make, if he stays with Juventus then we’ll have even more chances to crown our European dream.

“As for Pirlo, we laughed and joked about his tears [after the Champions League final]. It wasn’t a goodbye, just sorrow about the defeat.

“We hope he’ll continue with us, because apart from being a very good player, he’s a great person. If you give the ball to Andrea it’s like putting it in a safe.”

It was announced earlier today that German international Sami Khedira will be joining the Old Lady next season, and Bonucci welcomed his new teammate.

“He’s an important signing, there’s a continuous line of international players arriving at Juventus. It can only improve the squad.”

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti