Vai al contenuto
Socrates

Andrea Pirlo

130799 messaggi

xofhxd.jpg

Pirl-d'oh! Allegri takes over at Juventus

435983.jpg:)

Jul 17, 2014

After Antonio Conte's shock departure from Juventus, the Italian champions have moved swiftly to appoint former AC Milan boss Massimiliano Allegri.

The news might not go down too well with every member of the bianconeri's squad, though, especially a certain Andrea Pirlo, who worked under the new Juve boss at San Siro.

The Italy international, however, was deemed too old by his former team, and manager, and offered only a short term deal, prompting him to leave the club on a free transfer.

Pirlo has since won three back-to-back Serie A titles, while Allegri was sacked by Milan, and both will hope their relationship can be more productive this time.

Condividi questo messaggio

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
130799 messaggi

swcy9l.png

Pirlo, Allegri resolve differences

Jul 23, 2014

Tuttosport believe that Andrea Pirlo and Massimiliano Allegri have put their Milan past behind them to work together at Juventus.

One of the main points of interest to Allegri’s arrival as Antonio Conte’s replacement at Vinovo was the role that Pirlo would play in the team.

Whilst the regista has only recently renewed his contract at the club for two years, speculation had surrounded his position in the side following how his time at Milan ended under the same Coach in 2011.

Minimal playing time in his preferred position for the Rossoneri at the discretion of Allegri saw the playmaker depart on a free transfer to Juve.

However, Tuttosport suggest that the two have now sought to resolve any issues from that period, through a phonecall initiated by Allegri.

Whilst Pirlo had reportedly already received assurances of his importance to Juve heading into next season via club officials, this believed conversation with Allegri has reportedly proved most important.

It is understood that the 46-year-old tactician transmitted ‘serenity, confidence and motivation’ to the 35-year-old midfielder and that he specifically made clear that the player’s position will remain in the centre of midfield and not centre-right or centre-left.

Pirlo apparently responded positively and offered Allegri his own assurance: “Do not worry, you can count on me.”

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
130799 messaggi

swcy9l.png

Pirlo: 'MLS after Juventus'

Aug 16, 2014

Andrea Pirlo is happy in Serie A, but after “two more years with Juventus maybe I’ll move to the United States.”

Ahead of today’s friendly game in Singapore, the midfielder spoke to Today online about why he spent his entire career in Italy.

“Why should I move? Serie A is a top-level league and life in Italy is comfortable,” said Pirlo.

“Two more years with Juventus, then maybe I will move to the MLS in the United States.”

This fits with his current contract status, as the deal with Juve expires in June 2016.

The veteran was welcomed as a hero by Brazilian fans at the World Cup, but modestly suggests he didn’t work that hard to achieve this level.

“I don’t know. Maybe I was born lucky. Mother Nature has made me such and given me the skills and the talent to succeed, and I am grateful for that.”

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
130799 messaggi

swcy9l.png

Pirlo: 'Available for Conte's Italy'

Aug 17, 2014

Andrea Pirlo “will gladly accept” an Italy call-up from new Coach Antonio Conte, postponing his retirement.

The Juventus midfielder had written in his autobiography that he’d hang up his Azzurri boots after the 2014 World Cup.

However, the arrival of ex-Bianconeri tactician Conte on the bench could well change his mind.

“The Nazionale? I am available,” Pirlo told Tuttosport after bagging a brace in a 5-0 friendly win over Singapore.

“If Conte calls me, then I will gladly accept, as always. If he decides not to call me up, then that will be fine too and it’ll mean my story with the Azzurri jersey has concluded.

“He will make the decision and I will adapt to it.”

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
130799 messaggi

swcy9l.png

Conte wants 'part-time' Pirlo

Aug 20, 2014

Antonio Conte will give Andrea Pirlo a ‘part-time role’ in his Italy set-up, according to reports this morning.

giornalaccio rosa dello Sport believe that the new Coach will speak with the Juventus midfielder within the next few days to outline his vision for the Azzurri – and where the veteran fits into that.

The paper claims that the tactician wants Pirlo to be involved with the national team, but only when absolutely necessary.

That means that the Bianconeri man won’t play in friendlies or meaningless qualifying matches. Only in absolutely essential games and tournament matches will the 35-year-old be considered for selection.

Conte meanwhile, also has clear ideas about who else will be lynchpins in his side. Daniele De Rossi is thought to be key for the new Coach, whilst Marco Verratti will be one of the first names on the team-sheet.

The same however, can’t be said for Mario Balotelli. The pink paper writes that the 45-year-old will give the Milan striker his chance, but a series of bad performances or off-field misdemeanours will result in exclusion from the group.

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
130799 messaggi

swcy9l.png

VIDEO: Pirlo is not impressed

Aug 22, 2014

Juventus have sparked a new internet meme – can you break the ice-cool Andrea Pirlo’s stony expression?

The Bianconeri posted this video and asked fans to provide their best attempt at getting the Italy legend to smile.

You can send in your entry with the hashtag #pirloisnotimpressed

sefz

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
130799 messaggi

swcy9l.png

Pirlo a doubt for Chievo

Aug 26, 2014

Massimiliano Allegri may be without Andrea Pirlo for his first official game with Juventus, as the midfielder has a knock.

Allegri will competitively debut as Bianconero boss on Saturday evening away to Chievo, having come in this summer as a late replacement for Antonio Conte.

However, speculation is that he may have to immediately find a solution for an absent Andrea Pirlo.

Sportmediaset report that the 35-year-old has suffered a knock in training this week and that it leaves him a doubt to start at the Bentegodi.

Officials will reportedly give Pirlo two-to-three days before assessing the condition of the injury, believed to be sustained to his knee.

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
130799 messaggi

xofhxd.jpg

Juventus without injured Pirlo for a month

The midfielder is set to miss at least five Bianconeri games, along will
a pair of Italy clashes, after he pulled a tendon this month.

Aug 28, 2014

Juventus will be without veteran midfielder Andrea Pirlo for around a month after he sustained a hip injury in last weekend's Trofeo TIM pre-season tournament.

An MRI has confirmed that the 35-year-old has pulled a tendon in his hip and is set to miss the first four or five Serie A games of the new season, as well as the first Champions League group stage game of 2014-15.

The Bianconeri kick off their title defence on Saturday against Chievo Verona but Massimiliano Allegri will have to rely on others to get his debut season in charge off to a solid start, though he is already set to be without Arturo Vidal, Giorgio Chiellini, Andrea Barzagli and Alvaro Morata.

The former AC Milan talisman featured 45 times under Antonio Conte in 2013-14 and has helped to navigate Juventus to three successive Scudetti since his arrival in 2011 from San Siro.

Pirlo is yet to confirm if he will retire from the national team, which Conte now coaches, but he will definitely not be involved in Italy's upcoming internationals in early September against Netherlands (a friendly) and Norway (a Euro 2016 qualifier).

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
130799 messaggi

2wg6lhu.png

Celtic player names son Pirlo! :)

Sep 7, 2014

Celtic player Beram Kayal has named his first son Pirlo in a tribute to the Juventus and Italy star.

The Israeli international midfielder announced the news on Twitter and Facebook.

“Today I have been graced with the birth of my first child Pirlo Kayal,” he wrote.

“My wife Angela and Pirlo are both doing well. It's been an emotional day, especially for my parents who have came to see the birth of their first grandchild.

“I would like to thank everyone for all their support and messages. I also thank God for everything he has blessed me with and today he has blessed me with a son .

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
130799 messaggi

xofhxd.jpg

Pirlo: I am still available for Italy

The experienced midfielder has warned his team-mates not to underestimate
the Giallorossi, while stressing that he is still available for Italy.

Sep 8, 2014

Juventus midfielder Andrea Pirlo has come back on his decision to retire from international duty after speaking to Italy coach Antonio Conte.

The 35-year-old had previously suggested that he would say farewell to the national team after the World Cup, but he has now decided different.

"I have spoken with Antonio Conte and I've told him that I'm available for Italy," Pirlo told reporters.

"It was a difficult decision to take. I had wanted to stop playing for the national side but he took over and he asked me to lend a hand. I am happy to do that and we are hopeful we can achieve great things together.

"I saw the game against Netherlands (2-0 win) and you could already see Conte's influence."

Pirlo, who missed last week's win over Netherlands due to injury, then went on discuss Juventus' chances in Serie A and their Champions League ambitions and warned that Roma should not be underestimated.

"In Serie A, Roma are the team we have to fear most.
"We have to do better than last season in the Champions League. I think we have a good chance of making it to the knockout stages."

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
130799 messaggi

swcy9l.png

Pirlo: Recovery going well

Aug 26, 2014

Andrea Pirlo is hoping to be able to return to regular training with Juventus soon, as he provides an updated on his recovery.

The 35-year-old is currently on the treatment table aiming to come back from a hip injury sustained in training at the close of pre-season, but has revealed his optimism.

“The injury is going well,” Pirlo has told Sky Sport whilst visiting the MotoGP paddock alongside Andrea Agnelli today.

“Next week I'm going to do some tests and then well see how it goes, see if I can starting kicking a ball.”

The hope for Juve is that the veteran will be back in time to face former side Milan in Week 3.

“I'm not sure yet. We'll see how the tests go on Monday and then we'll see day by day.

“This is an important season, as tough as any other, between the League, the Champions League, Coppa Italia and national team.

“We began well on the first day and tomorrow we start again in the true sense of the word, because from there it will be a series of important games that will launch this season.”

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
130799 messaggi

swcy9l.png

Xavi: I watch Juve for Pirlo

Sep 19, 2014

Xavi Hernandez has described Andrea Pirlo as ‘wonderful’ and says he watches Juventus just to see the midfielder play.

The Barcelona star was talking to Marca this week and considered the players he most respects in his position.

“Iniesta is the most talented Spanish player in history,” Xavi insisted in his interview.

“I notice how Spain have so many different midfielders - Iniesta, David Silva, at Arsenal there’s Santi Cazorla, now there’s Denis Suarez, Ivan Rakitic.

“But when I see Pirlo I think he’s wonderful. I watch Juventus just to see him.

“Then there are midfielders not so valued in Spain, like Xabi Alonso and Sergio Busquets.”

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
130799 messaggi

swcy9l.png

MLS eye January Pirlo bid

Sep 24, 2014

Juventus and Italy midfielder Andrea Pirlo is being linked with a move to Major League Soccer this January.

Both the Italian and American media are reporting that MLS' LA Galaxy are interested in the 35-year-old playmaker, who is currently sidelined in Turin with a hip injury.

According to ESPN, Pirlo could be set to replace the retiring Landon Donovan in the Galaxy squad, as the team's ‘designated player’, a rule that would allow them to ignore the League's salary cap and offer him something similar to his current €3.5m deal.

However, a stumbling block facing the move is the player's own wish to respect the rest of his contract signed with the Bianconeri.

Speaking in August, Pirlo mooted a move to the US, but said he'd only do so once his current deal with the Bianconeri expired.

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
130799 messaggi

swcy9l.png

Pirlo back for Atalanta & Atletico Madrid

Sep 24, 2014

There is expectation that Juventus will be able to welcome Andrea Pirlo back to their matchday squad by the weekend.

The 35-year-old, who today has been linked with a January move to the MLS, has been out of action since picking up a hip injury in pre-season.

However, the midfielder underwent a latest round of physical assessments on Tuesday and is reported by a number of outlets as having responded positively, feeling no discomfort in striking a ball.

Subsequently, it is seen that Juve are intending to have the player start from the bench for the weekend trip to Atalanta, with a view to almost certainly being included in the squad to face Atletico Madrid in the Champions League the following midweek.

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
130799 messaggi

xlf6gm.gif

Andrea Pirlo stepping up Juventus
fitness race ahead of Roma clash

Sep 29, 2014

Juventus hope to have Andrea Pirlo back for their top-of-the-table Serie A clash with Roma next weekend after arranging a friendly to test the 35-year-old's fitness on Sunday.

Five weeks after picking up a hip injury during a preseason friendly tournament including Sassuolo and AC Milan, the midfielder -- who has been linked with a move to LA Galaxy by multiple sources -- was back on the field for an hour in a 4-2 victory over a Bergamese amateur team.

The Italy international is unlikely to be part of the Bianconeri squad to face Atletico Madrid in the Champions League on Wednesday, although he could be back to face Roma at the Juventus Stadium in Sunday's headline league fixture.

Both sides have made perfect starts to the season, collecting 15 points from five games each. Even without Pirlo, Juve have scored 10 goals and not yet conceded in the league, also beating Malmo in Europe.

Kingsley Coman, Kwadwo Asamoah and Alvaro Morata also featured in Sunday's workout, each scoring a goal to give Allegri food for thought ahead of the two most important matches of Juve's season so far.

Asamoah, Claudio Marchisio and Paul Pogba have all filled the playmaker role so far this season, but a fully-fit Pirlo is likely to make the starting XI against the Giallorossi when one of the two league leaders' 100 percent records will have to come to an end.

It will also be Pirlo's one and only chance to prove his fitness for Italy's next round of Euro 2016 qualifiers, with Azzurri coach Antonio Conte set to name his squad next weekend to face Azerbaijan and Malta.

Conte -- who was Juve's coach up until this summer -- has already made it clear that Pirlo still has a future with the national team.

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
130799 messaggi

xofhxd.jpg

Debate: Are Juventus better with or without Pirlo?

The Bianconeri have made a 100 per cent start to the season in the absence
of their veteran playmaker, placing a question mark over his status as a first-team regular.

Oct 1, 2014

By Mark Doyle & Joe Wright

Andrea Pirlo has been the lynchpin of the Juventus midfield ever since he arrived on a free transfer from AC Milan in the summer of 2011.

With his precision passing and dead-ball brilliance, the Italy international inspired the Bianconeri to three consecutive Scudetti - an achievement made all the more remarkable by the fact that the Old Lady was coming off the back of successive seventh-placed finishes.

Therefore, Pirlo's influence on Juventus' resurgence cannot be overestimated. However, his position is now being questioned.

The 35-year-old missed the start of the new season with a hip injury sustained in the Trofeo TIM and Juve have flourished in his absence, winning their first six games in all competitions - and without conceding a single goal.

With Pirlo almost ready to return to action ahead of the big Champions League clash with Atletico Madrid on Wednesday, many pundits are now wondering if he should be recalled to a midfield that is functioning perfectly without him. Below, two Goal writers go head to head on the issue ...

"PIRLO IS SO SPECIAL BECAUSE HE IS SO DIFFERENT"

By Mark Doyle

Three years ago, Massimiliano Allegri decided that Andrea Pirlo was no longer good enough to play in front of the AC Milan defence. That gross error of judgement has haunted him ever since.

Pirlo left for Juventus and transformed the Old Lady into the best team in Italy. He created 13 goals in his first season alone. In total, he has racked up 26 assists - and 12 goals - in three Scudetto-winning campaigns.

He may be 35 now but he remains the most influential midfielder in Serie A and it is no surprise that new Italy boss and former Juve coach Antonio Conte wants Pirlo to continue playing international football. Indeed, it is worth remembering that the veteran playmaker treated England to a passing masterclass just over three months ago.

The argument goes that Pirlo is slowing down but this is not a player that ever relied on pace. As Allegri recently stated, "Andrea is probably still as quick now as he was 10 years ago."

However, he is smarter, more intelligent. He arguably understands the game like no other player in the world today. Even the great Xavi remains awestruck.

"When I watch Pirlo play I have to admit that it's a wonder to behold," the Barcelona ace enthused. "I remain stupefied by him and I often watch Juventus games on TV only to admire him."

Of course, time waits for no man - yet Pirlo is a master of creating it. True, he is nothing like the modern midfielder but he is so special because he is so different. Claudio Marchisio has proven an able deputy but there is no 'new Andrea Pirlo'. He is unique.

As Argentine icon Jorge Valdano says, "He's the epitome of class; a man who leads the team using all the weapons that some consider antiquated yet, for me, are irreplaceable: deception, the pause, the fake, precision ... These are all the exact opposite of that word that is so fashionable today and such a disaster for the game: intensity."

Football has undeniably changed but it remains a game that is played with the head - not the feet. Pirlo proves that. Consequently, Allegri would be mad to make the same mistake again - and he knows it.

"I am lucky to find myself working with him again," the Juve coach acknowledged. "I can say that I've never called his qualities into question; otherwise people could justifiably say that I am a fool."

"JUVE'S DEVELOPMENT NO LONGER DOWN TO PIRLO"

By Joe Wright

Allegri's remark that Pirlo remains as quick now as he was 10 years ago shows exactly why he is not necessary to the new Juventus coach's system.

At Milan, he was happy - if a little hasty - to dispense with Pirlo in order to fill his three central midfield slots with more dynamic all-round performers. At the beginning of this season, injury has kept the 35-year-old out of his plans, yet he has hardly been missed.

Antonio Conte's 3-5-2 system relied on Pirlo's deep-lying creativity to inspire the team going forward, but also accommodated the veteran's lethargic style. With three central defenders behind him, the intensity of Arturo Vidal and Paul Pogba or Claudio Marchisio on either side and Stephan Lichtsteiner and Kwadwo Asamoah patrolling the flanks, Pirlo had next-to-no defensive responsilibities and could survive on an average of just over one tackle per game in 2013-14. In Allegri's tweaked line-up, he would be afforded no such luxury.

While he has so far resisted a switch to 4-3-3 or 4-3-1-2 - "I often say '4-3-and then up front we'll see!'" was his attitude upon joining the club - Allegri is preparing his players into an understanding of a back-four system to allow them greater tactical flexibility, which was something so sorely lacking under Conte.

As effective as the 3-5-2 was in Juve's indomitable Serie A form, it was a system which fell woefully short in Europe. Teams began to adopt the Bayern Munich blueprint from 2012-13, when their high-pressing of the Juve midfield - and with it, the total nullifying of Pirlo - led them to a 4-0 aggregate success. A season later, Juve won just one group game out of six.

The pattern has continued at international level. While Pirlo was gifted time on the ball against England - Italy's only positive result at the World Cup - he was harried persistently against both Costa Rica and Uruguay, and his influence disappeared, along with the Azzurri's place in the tournament.

In his absence, Juve have started the season in perfect style, winning every game and, crucially, without conceding a goal. The midfield balance is undeniably stronger; Marchisio's form has been excellent, Pogba and Vidal have performed impressively when fitness problems have allowed, and the added cover of versatile summer signings Roberto Pereyra and Romulo has negated a need to rush Pirlo back from injury. Allegri is actively seeking ways around relying on Pirlo for the remainder of the season. That he has been linked with a move to LA Galaxy in the New Year is therefore hardly surprising.

"I inherited a team with great organisation and proven results, but now they need to improve," Allegri said after the win over Cesena. Pirlo has proven his worth in the past, but Juve's development - particularly in the Champions League - no longer rests on his shoulders.

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
130799 messaggi

swcy9l.png

LA Galaxy 'interested in Pirlo'

Oct 4, 2014

LA Galaxy manager Bruce Arena confirmed the MLS club is “interested” in Juventus star Andrea Pirlo.

“Pirlo? He’d be ideal for us. We are interested in players of his calibre,” Arena told ESPN this week.

The Italy legend has a contract with Juve that runs until June 2016.

However, Pirlo has implied he has no particular interest in leaving Serie A or Juventus at this stage of his career.

“Why should I move? Serie A is the top league in Italy and life is good. Two years with Juventus, then maybe I can go to the MLS in the United States,” said the 35-year-old recently.

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
130799 messaggi

swcy9l.png

Pirlo’s welcome Juve return

Juventus’ victory over Roma was notable for its feisty nature, but Luca Cetta
also welcomes the return of Andrea Pirlo to the Bianconeri midfield.

Oct 6, 2014

Jonathan Zebina felt it would resemble a masterpiece. He referred to Bernini and Modigliani in a chat to the giornalaccio rosa dello Sport, but the football equivalent of Michelangelo’s David this match was not. Five goals, three penalties, three dismissals and many talking points later, Juventus versus Roma was more like abstract art – still captivating, but not for traditional reasons.

Referee Gianluca Rocchi lost control of the contest and the match will be remembered for its numerous incidents. From penalties called and those not, from Rudi Garcia to Kostas Manolas and Alvaro Morata, the match was feisty and fascinating.

But if there was one man who could add a brushstroke of quality to a crude canvas it was Andrea Pirlo. Juve’s maestro made a welcome return to the side for his first appearance of the season. A hip injury had sidelined the 35-year-old and while Claudio Marchisio performed admirably in his place, Pirlo is Pirlo. There’s a reason he is called the Architect.

Aside from the odd sign of rustiness, a misplaced pass here and there – his pass success rate was below last term’s mark – it was vintage Pirlo. In his 79 minutes he demanded the ball, sprayed possession to all areas and as ever probed from deep, searching for any kink in the Roma defensive armour. Only Giorgio Chiellini was on the ball more in a black and white shirt. Massimiliano Allegri said pre-match he would only play Pirlo if 100 per cent fit and so he felt the veteran was ready to go.

It also meant Marchisio returned to his place alongside the playmaker and those facets of his game, such as the dynamic runs from deep, came to the fore and nearly brought about a first half goal. Paul Pogba completed the midfield trio – not enjoying the happiest of matches – relegating Arturo Vidal to the bench. The Chilean has not been his usual self to begin the new campaign, but after his knee injury that is to be expected.

With the awesome foursome vying for three spots – in addition to the impressive Roberto Pereyra – Allegri faces a selection headache in choosing a midfield trio. The international break, where all barring Pirlo are involved with their respective national teams, gives him time to think.

If a season ago Marchisio was the odd-man out, then at the moment the Chilean looks to be at the back of the pecking order. Yet good form for his country could change that by the time Juve take on Sassuolo. And with commitments between Serie A and the Champions League, the need for alteration is inevitable.

Conversely, Allegri has preached a more patient possession-based style than predecessor Antonio Conte, which has worked to good effect with Marchisio at the midfield base. His neat passing served to keep the Bianconeri flowing and opponents on the hop, but he doesn’t have the long-range ability of Pirlo, nor that outrageous vision. How much Pirlo’s inclusion alters Juve remains to be seen. In its one game to date it looked more the Juve of last season, but this was not a game like many others. They didn’t have as many touches of the ball, but the Coach was still happy with how his team controlled proceedings. It’s something for Allegri to ponder as Juve take a break. Playing Pirlo could, subtlety, modify the make-up of their style and attacking forays.

But to choose between Pirlo, Pogba, Vidal and Marchisio is an issue tacticians would love to have. Allegri knows Pirlo is an important piece of the puzzle. His return gives Juve something different and adds to their considerable strength. If there ever was a fine piece of football art, then it’s Pirlo at work.

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
130799 messaggi

34e7ujn.jpg

Pirlo Called Up To Replace
The Injured Bonaventura

Oct 6, 2014

AC Milan’s Giacomo Bonaventura has left Italy’s training camp and has been replaced by Juventus midfielder Andrea Pirlo.

Pirlo, who only made his first Bianconeri appearance of the season against Roma on Sunday, has been added to the Azzurri squad for upcoming Euro 2016 qualifying games against Azerbaijan and Malta.

The FIGC confirmed the news via Twitter after Bonaventura was ruled out by National Team doctor Enrico Castellacci after tests revealed an oedema in his right thigh.

PSG’s midfielder Marco Verratti is also undergoing treatment due to an ankle injury but he remains with the squad.

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
130799 messaggi

34e7ujn.jpg

Conte Heaps Praise On Juventus Star

Oct 10, 2014

Italy coach Antonio Conte has praised Juventus midfielder Andrea Pirlo, saying that he can be a very important player in the dressing room.

Conte coached Pirlo in his stint as Bianconeri coach between 2011-2014, and the former Juve captain took the time to praise the midfielder.

“I am honoured to have coached Andrea [Pirlo] for three years,” he told Sky. “We experienced some good moments together, and some painful moments too.

“From the moment I became coach of the national team, I have always said that Pirlo can be a very important member in the squad.

“I even wanted to call him up in September in spite of his injury, he can be an integral member in the dressing room.”

The former Juve coach then went on to explain his relationship with social media, as well as giving insight on the upcoming games against Azerbaijan and Malta.

“I’m not really a fan of computers as a whole, not just social media,” he said.

“Germany found things hard against Scotland, and Portugal lost to Albania; as far as we’re concerned, we will play against motivated sides.

“We’ll play with both [Gianluigi] Buffon and [Andrea] Pirlo who will definitely benefit the side, but I have to put into account that we will play again in three days.

“However, I’m not really sure about the line-up.”

Conte then went on to state that he knows the Azerbaijan side well, in addition to praising the overall atmosphere in the squad.

“We know them well,” he said. “I watched the game against Bulgaria, and the one against the United States before the 2014 FIFA World Cup.

“The boys are working well and are getting a better idea of the style of play we want to implement.

“The atmosphere in the side is great.”

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
130799 messaggi

xofhxd.jpg

Italy were in danger against Azerbaijan, admits Pirlo

The midfielder concedes his side should have killed their Euro 2016 qualifier off earlier,
while Ciro Immobile claims the squad is more united than in Brazil.

Oct 12, 2014

Andrea Pirlo admits Italy's wayward finishing left them in a perilous position against Azerbaijan on Friday.

The veteran midfielder, who reversed his decision on international retirement to link up with Antonio Conte's squad this week, helped his side to a 2-1 win as Giorgio Chiellini scored twice to salvage three points after turning the ball into his own net.

Italy missed a number of chances to kill the game off prior to the equaliser - something which left Conte frustrated - as Azerbaijan battled to nullify Pirlo and steal a point, and the Juventus star admits they were in trouble prior to Chiellini's winner.

"I've been used to it for years [the close marking]. Playing this way is difficult, but the important thing is always the result," he told Rai Sport.

"We knew Azerbaijan would close up and it was dangerous when they equalised, as we had the chances to finish off the game earlier."

Pirlo was forced to drop into Italy's defensive line to receive the ball at times and was even booked for a late tackle as one of the last defenders.
"We tried to change things up for a while, as I couldn’t touch the ball, so I went deeper than Bonucci," he explained.

"I hope not to do that again, as I'm not great at tackling and I deserved that yellow card."

Striker Ciro Immobile, meanwhile, was full of praise for the head coach for changing the mentality after their dismal World Cup campaign in the summer.

"I know how Conte manages the group, I had it at Siena. I felt important even though I played little," he said.

"Here we fight for the shirt, all 26 or 27 of us. In Brazil we had almost the same players, but something was wrong."

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
130799 messaggi

swcy9l.png

Pirlo: 'Italy can win Euro 2016'

Oct 12, 2014

Andrea Pirlo believes this Italy side can win Euro 2016 in France. “Why not?”

The Azzurri were runners up in Euro 2012 and went out in the group phase of the 2014 World Cup.

“This Nazionale can win the European Championship in France. Why not?” Pirlo told news agency ANSA.

“Of course, we’d have to improve a lot...”

Italy are joint top of their qualifying group after a 2-0 victory in Norway and 2-1 home win over Azerbaijan.

They travel to Malta for Monday’s next Euro 2016 qualifier.

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
130799 messaggi

6i70qd.jpg

The pros and cons of Andrea Pirlo's comeback
to the Italian national team

Oct 13, 2014

Once Antonio Conte became the Italian national team manager, Andrea Pirlo coming back to the Azzurri seemed like a formality. It wasn't a matter of 'if' there would be a return to international competition for the 35-year-old maestro, it was just a matter of when Conte would call him up and that would be that.

That day came this time last weekend when Italy's squad for a pair of Euro 2016 qualifiers were released. Pirlo was there, just like people expected he would be after featuring against Roma just a few hours prior. No big deal, kinda ho-hum, actually, considering this whole coming out of international retirement wasn't a secret at all.

"I talked to Conte, he asked if I was willing to return and I said yes. It was a tough decision, I wanted to leave the national team but the coach asked me to help and I'm glad I can do it."

(Source: Gianluca Di Marzio)

That was over a month ago when Pirlo decided that his international retirement would be as brief as Amauri's career with the Azzurri. Unless Conte threatened to bash Pirlo over the head with a frying pan if he didn't come back to the national team's setup, I'm just going to go ahead and figure that the conversation between the two of them was pretty understanding.

And how is he feeling now that he's officially made his return to the national team?

"Returning with an assist was fantastic, playing with this jersey is fantastic. We had the will to push forward after they tied the match, I'm very happy."

(Source: Gianluca Di Marzio)

But the main question still remains as Pirlo and his teammates prepare for a Euro 2016 qualifier against Malta is if Pirlo's comeback to the Azzurri will prove to be such a good thing.

Let's discuss...

Pro: More Pirlo, more beard, more fun to be had

A lot of people loved Andrea Pirlo even before he came to Juventus. Even though he played for a team that resides in Milan and inhibits the San Siro, Pilro's class overruled the colors and the badge on his club's jersey. But since he signed on a free transfer in 2011 and decided to not shave a summer later, Pirlo has become a cult hero. Amazing what a beard and a chip of Joe Hart from the penalty spot can do, isn't it? Okay, so his pinpoint passes and wide array of free kick mastery has something to do with it, too.

Who's in favor of having more chances to watch Pirlo on the biggest of stages? I'll drink to that.

Con: Juventus' best playmaker in the midfield will be playing more minutes for Italy

One of the biggest things that people didn't like when it came to Cesare Prandelli's handling of Pirlo was that whenever an international break rolled around, Pirlo was playing pretty much every minute possible. No matter who the opponent was, there was Pirlo, playing a ton of minutes and returning from the international break without having much of a break whatsoever. We know there's a noticeable difference between Rested Pirlo and one that plays hundreds of minuted each week, so there's no point in debating that further. You just have to wonder how playing so many minutes each and every week has an impact on a guy who will be 36 next year.

Pro: Italy gets its regista back

There is no doubting that Italy are a better team when Pirlo is on the field compared to when he isn't. When you list all of the midfielders that could be available to Conte the next time an international break arrives, Pirlo is going to be at the top of it. There's Daniele De Rossi, there's Pirlo, and then there's everybody else (not that the others are bad). And when it comes to who's running the show in the midfield, there's no doubting who that will be — Pirlo himself.

So if Italy goes 3-5-2 during the next international break like they did this past one, I'm pretty sure who be in the center of the midfield running the show. His name is Andrea Pirlo, and he has one heck of a footballer.

Con: More games played, more chances for injuries

It's not just that his workload will be just that much heavier. There's also the chance of Pirlo getting hurt every single time he steps onto the field in an Italy jersey. You know, the same guy who just came back from a month on the sidelines. Obviously we've learned over the past six weeks that Juventus can survive without Pirlo because Claudio Marchisio is awesome and has adapted to the regista role quite nicely over the past half-season worth of games. But there's only one Pirlo, and every time he's hurt

Pro: Antonio Conte will be his manager with the Azzurri

If there's one manager in Italy who I trust more than pretty anybody to handle Pirlo, it's certainly Conte. Why do I say this? Because of this: Pirlo's rapport with Conte seems pretty darn good from here. I don't think Pirlo would have come out of his incredibly brief international retirement for just anybody. That pretty much verifies that the Pirlo-Conte relationship is pretty strong, and it hasn't been hurt all that much when the latter suddenly resigned back at the beginning of preseason training.

Con: Pirlo will be 37 by the time the 2016 Euros roll around

In theory, Pirlo won't be the oldest player on Italy's roster because of Gigi Buffon's presence. The reality would be that could very well be beavily relying on two players that are two of the oldest in the competition. Not that it's not impossible or a totally bad idea considering the class of both those two fellas, but it's hard to predict what kind of form both players will be in a year and a half from now. Unless you have a crystal ball and want to let me borrow it, which would be cool.

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
130799 messaggi

swcy9l.png

Tacchinardi: Pirlo - Italy or Juve

Oct 23, 2014

Alessio Tacchinardi believes Andrea Pirlo can’t continue to play for Juventus and Italy, and warns the Bianconeri ‘no more mistakes’ in Europe.

Pirlo has come under scrutiny for his performance in the Old Lady’s Champions League 1-0 defeat to Olympiacos, completing only 77 per cent of his passes before being substituted on 57 minutes.

Tacchinardi, part of the Juventus squad that lifted the Champions League in 1996, believes the former Milan man’s decision to return to the Italy fold is to blame.

“Andrea is an absolute champion, but he must make a choice between club and country,” Tacchinardi told Tuttomercatoweb.

“When there is an international break he could remain in Vinovo and recharge his batteries. What I’m seeing now is a Pirlo who comes back from international duty completely drained.

“Lots of players have retired from the international scene to continue their careers. I’m thinking of Nesta and Totti.

“Players are not robots, it’s not easy to shoulder this kind of physical burden when you have so many commitments.

“Juve are very much in need of him being physically and mentally fresh.”

Tacchinardi also warned his former club that they cannot afford any more slip-ups if they are to qualify for the Last 16 of the Champions League.

“Juve have to play in Europe the way they do in Italy - at full intensity throughout the game.

“A game like Olympiacos happens because the teams [in the Champions League] are top-notch, and they know they can get a result.

“Also they [Juve] started with the handbrake on. Juventus were poor in the first half, then came into the game.

“You can’t win the group like that, Juventus need to show up for the full 90 minutes, and if they don’t do that they’ll be out of the Champions League.

“In my view this team could reach the last eight, on the understanding that some teams are unreachable like Real [Madrid], Bayern [Munich] and Barcelona.

“The defeat to Olympiacos was the last chance to make mistakes. Juve have everything they need to be competitive, but they can’t afford any more mistakes.

“In Europe the standard has gotten higher, while in Italy it has fallen so if you don’t get used to the rhythm of the Champions League you won’t improve.”

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
130799 messaggi

xofhxd.jpg

I'm close to my best - Pirlo

Questions had been raised over the form of the veteran midfielder,
but he feels he is now answering his critics.

Nov 2, 2014

Andrea Pirlo has declared himself close to his peak form after a period in which his displays came under fire.

The 35-year-old helped Juventus bounce back from a surprise midweek defeat in Genoa with a 2-0 win over Empoli on Saturday night. Pirlo opened the scoring with a trademark free kick and, after initially struggling to shake off the effects of the injury that saw him miss the start of the season, he feels that he is now approaching his best form.

"Personally, I'm growing," the Italy international stated. "I'm working hard and well during the week. I'm now close to my best condition."

The victory saw Massimiliano Allegri's men move three points clear of Roma - who were beaten at Napoli - at the top of Serie A.

"It was important to win," Pirlo said. "We needed to immediately put the loss at Genoa behind us and take advantage of Roma's defeat.

"It's an important sign for us, a clear message to all of the Scudetto challengers.

"But my mind is already on Tuesday evening. The Olympiakos game is effectively a final."

After opening their Champions League campaign with a 2-0 victory at home to Malmo, the Old Lady subsequently slumped to back-to-back losses away to Atletico Madrid and the Greek champions. They now trail both sides by three points going into matchday four.

Pirlo now concedes that Juve simply have to defeat Olympiakos in Turin if they are to avoid bowing out at the group stage for the second successive season.

"We must play at our best, with zero mistakes. We only have one result available to us: victory."

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti