Vai al contenuto
Accedi per seguire   
Socrates

Stephan Lichtsteiner

130769 messaggi

swcy9l.png

Juventus update on injured duo

Oct 3, 2013

Juventus have confirmed a thigh muscle injury for Mirko Vucinic, while Stephan Lichtsteiner will need more tests.

http://markting10.nl/

The international pair both picked up problems during the 2-2 Champions League draw with Galatasaray on Wednesday.

Vucinic has been diagnosed with a first-grade tear to the femoral bicep of the left thigh. The club made no comment about how long he would be sidelined for, but this type of injury generally requires between one and three weeks.

Lichtsteiner, meanwhile, will be examined again on Friday after he reported an issue in the rectus femoris muscle of the right thigh.

Juventus will entertain Milan on Sunday.

Condividi questo messaggio

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
130769 messaggi

swcy9l.png

Lichtsteiner pulls out of Swiss squad

Oct 9, 2013

Stephan Lichtsteiner has pulled out of the Switzerland squad for the World Cup qualifiers against Albania and Slovenia.

The Juventus defender has suffered a problem with his right thigh, and will travel back to Turin to start receiving treatment.

There has been no official word about how serious the injury is, but it is not believed to be too damaging.

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
130769 messaggi

swcy9l.png

Lichtsteiner answers fan questions

Nov 19, 2013

Stephan Lichtsteiner answered Juventus fan questions on Twitter, revealing his Champions League dream and friendship with Paul Pogba.

“It is a great honour to wear this jersey, though it also weighs heavily on the shoulders because you are obliged to win,” wrote the Swiss international.

“Scoring the first goal at the Juventus Stadium is a fond memory, but I’d above all like to remain in the history of Juventus for the victories rather than goals.

“I’d say my best goal was the most recent, in the Italian Super Cup against Lazio. Bayern Munich were the most difficult club to play against because they have such organisation and strong players.

“The dream I haven’t achieved yet is the Champions League. It is everyone’s dream.

“My football idol was Marcos Cafu, as we play in the same position. The toughest opponents I have faced are Cristiano Ronaldo, Franck Ribery and Leo Messi, as in the one-on-one they cause huge problems.”

There were also some amusing moments in the Q&A, as Lichtsteiner was asked who had the better haircut: Arturo Vidal or Pogba?

“I’m going to be democratically Swiss here and say I couldn’t possibly choose! Of my teammates, I hang out most with Pogba and we also speak French.

“What is the best thing to come from Switzerland: Chocolates, Roger Federer or watches? Federer is unique, as he did something incredible and made tennis history.”

Lichtsteiner was also asked to rate Fabio Quagliarella’s appearance on Dancing with the Stars.

“Unfortunately I haven’t seen it yet...”

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
130769 messaggi

swcy9l.png

Lichtsteiner set to stay at Juve

Dec 11, 2013

Stephan Lichtsteiner is expected to extend his current contract with Italian champions Juventus.

The Swiss international, 29, is currently tied to the outfit until June 2015, but a two-year extension is on the way.

Tuttosport claim that the former Lazio man’s agent has already started negotiations for a player who moved to Turin in 2011.

Arturo Vidal recently extended his agreement in Turin and Paul Pogba is also set to be handed fresh terms at the Juventus Stadium.

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
130769 messaggi

xofhxd.jpg

'Totti is wrong - Juventus are stronger than Roma', says Lichtsteiner

The Switzerland international maintains the Serie A champions are the better team
after the Italian veteran claimed the Giallorossi have greater individual talents.

Jan 4, 2014

Juventus wingback Stephan Lichtsteiner insists Francesco Totti was wrong when he claimed Roma have better players than the Bianconeri.

Totti suggested earlier this week that Roma possess greater individuals than the reigning Serie A champions ahead of the sides' meeting in Turin on Sunday, but Lichtsteiner says this is far from the case.

"Totti is wrong," the Switzerland international stated to Rai Sport. "We are the better team. Juventus are stronger than Roma.

"It's going to be a great game on Sunday, as both teams want to win, even though it won't be decisive for the title.

"In order to win a Scudetto, you need to be consistent throughout the entire season."

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
130769 messaggi

smrn9d.jpg

Juventus Defender Stephan Lichtsteiner:
Unheralded but Vital

Feb 7, 2014

Since Antonio Conte arrived at Juventus in the summer of 2011, countless columns have been penned in tribute to his all-conquering team. It started with the perfectly balanced midfield of Claudio Marchisio, Arturo Vidal and Andrea Pirlo, the "M-V-P" trio at the heart of that first title.

The resurgent performances of Gianluigi Buffon and three-man back-line protectorate of Andrea Barzagli, Leo Bonucci and Giorgio Chiellini all received their time in the spotlight, as did the emerging talent of Paul Pogba last season.

This year, the new front pairing of Carlos Tevez and Fernando Llorente have enjoyed an effective start to life in Turin, finally giving Conte the attacking edge he previously lacked. Kwadwo Asamoah has emerged as a quality addition on the left flank, yet for all the progression in the side over the last three years, the excellent contribution of one man has been widely overlooked.

It started in the very first game of Conte’s tenure and, in a manner befitting his nickname "The Swiss Express" has not stopped—or even slowed down — ever since. The new Juventus Stadium had seen just fifteen minutes of official match play when, having had his own route to goal blocked by not one but two opposing players, Pirlo checked his run and almost without looking clipped a ball over the top of the static Parma back line.

Floated perfectly, it dropped to the feet of Stephan Lichtsteiner, who had cut in unnoticed from his position on the right. He controlled the ball with one foot before slotting past the helpless Antonio Mirante with the other, the ball settling into the back of the visitor’s goal. Their new home had its first competitive goal, and Juventus had not only found a new hero but, finally, a quality right-back to fill the team’s most long-standing void.

After years of mediocre-at-best players like Jonathan Zebina and Marco Motta, Juventus supporters are fully aware of his quality, admiring the determination and effort Lichtsteiner puts forth every time he steps on the field. Yet while the awards, accolades and plaudits have reigned down upon his team-mates, the Swiss international has quietly become one of the best players in the world at his position.

That goal was the first public appearance of a move that has become a major weapon in the arsenal of this side, with Pirlo’s ability to pick out the ex-Lazio man almost at will was on display again this past weekend, February 3rd. Over a shorter distance, his flicked ball over the top of Inter’s defence was exquisitely timed, and once again Lichtsteiner made no mistake in front of goal.

Even here, with a goal against Juve’s bitter rivals, the 30-year-old deferred to the creator-in-chief, bowing down to polish Pirlo’s boot in celebration. “I have to thank Andrea, who laid it on a plate for me,” Lichsteiner told the club’s official website after the 3-1 victory. “With his assists, everything becomes much easier.”

It marked the ninth time he had found the back of the net in 91 appearances for Turin’s grand Old Lady, while he has added 10 assists, numbers which compare favourably with those perceived as the continent’s best. Branislav Ivanovic has contributed to Chelsea scoring 21 times in that same period (15 goals, six assists), while Pablo Zabaleta (four goals, seven assists) and Philipp Lahm (zero goals, 25 assists) would also be in the conversation.

In the five games he has played as a full-back this term, Lahm has averaged 2.0 tackles and 0.8 interceptions per game, while Ivanovic (1.9 and 1.2 respectively). Lichtsteiner’s figures of 1.3 and 0.8 stand up well against those two, but trail Alves (3.2/1.9) and Zabaleta (3.9/1.4) considerably.

Yet in terms of being simply beaten by opponents, it is the Juve man leading the way, letting a dribbling player go past him just six times in Serie A action. That works out at 0.5 occasions per game; a figure matched by Ivanovic (12 times) but is far superior to Zabaleta (1.3/27), Lahm (1.1/19) and Alves (1.3/19).

Lichtsteiner’s crossing is also superior to the others mentioned, averaging 1.2 successful attempts per game, beating Alves (1.0), Lahm, Ivanovic (both 0.5) and Zabaleta (0.2). Somehow, while putting on performances that stand up with those top-quality players, he was voted only in third place at the recent Gran Gala del Calcio awards. (h/t giornalaccio rosa dello Sport)

Finishing behind Napoli duo Christian Maggio and Juan Zuniga highlights just how underrated the €10 million signing remains. With two Serie A titles already to his name, a third consecutive championship would see Stephan Lichtsteiner become a vital cog in only the second Juventus team to ever accomplish the feat. History remembers the winners, even if they go unappreciated today.

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
130769 messaggi

swcy9l.png

Swiss include five from Serie A

May 13, 2014

Ottmar Hitzfeld has named his 23-man Switzerland squad for the World Cup and included five Serie A-based players.

Napoli’s trio of Valon Behrami, Blerim Dzemaili and Gokhan Inler have all made today’s squad submitted to FIFA, alongside Juventus full-back Stephan Lichtsteiner and Juve-owned Reto Ziegler, who has spent this season on loan at Sassuolo.

Udinese's Silvan Widmer is one of seven players listed on stand-by, should one of the initial 23 pick up an injury.

“The idea is to have two options for every position, to go to Brazil with every role covered,” Hitzfeld has explained to reporters today.

“That is why I have called up Ziegler.

“At the World Cup it will be important to acclimatise quickly. We will need to play with tactical intelligence, organisation.

“The emotion will have an important role, especially against the South American countries.”

Switzerland are drawn in Group E of this summer’s tournament and face Ecuador, France and Honduras.

Switzerland World Cup squad

Goalkeepers: Diego Benaglio (Wolfsburg), Roman Bürki (Grasshopper), Yann Sommer (Basel)

Defenders: Johan Djourou (Hamburg), Michael Lang (Grasshopper), Stephan Lichtsteiner (Juventus), Ricardo Rodriguez (Wolfsburg), Fabian Schär (Basel), Philippe Senderos (Valencia), Steve von Bergen (Young Boys), Reto Ziegler (Sassuolo)

Midfielders: Tranquillo Barnetta (Eintracht Frankfurt), Valon Behrami (Napoli), Blerim Dzemaili (Napoli), Gelson Fernandes (Freiburg), Gökhan Inler (Napoli), Xherdan Shaqiri (Bayern Munich), Valentin Stocker (Basel), Granit Xhaka (Borussia Monchengladbach).

Forwards: Mario Gavranovic (Zurich), Josip Drmic (Nurnberg), Haris Seferovic (Real Sociedad), Admir Mehmedi (Freiburg)

Reserves: Marwin Hitz (Augsburg), Timm Klose (VfL Wolfsburg), Silvan Widmer (Udinese), Eren Derdiyok (Bayer Leverkusen), Fabian Frei (FC Basel), Pajtim Kasami (Fulham), Pirmin Schwegler (Eintracht Frankfurt)

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
130769 messaggi

swcy9l.png

Lichtsteiner: Juve the priority

May 23, 2014

Stephan Lichtsteiner has outlined his ‘priority is Juventus’ with regards to a new contract, as he builds up Paul Pogba’s ability.

The 30-year-old’s current contract in Turin expires in June 2015, meaning that talks over a renewal are likely on the agenda in the coming months.

Whilst speculation in parts had paired him with moves to Manchester City and Paris Saint-Germain, the defender has made clear where he wants to be.

“It will probably be my last big contract,” Lichtsteiner has reflected in today’s edition of Tuttosport.

“And my priority is Juventus. What counts is trophies, winning is the most important thing.

“I still see myself at a good level for three or four more years, then I can close [my career] in Switzerland and then become a Coach.”

Lichtsteiner had a word on teammate Paul Pogba, who has enjoyed a prominent season for the Bianconeri.

“His quality is the best I have seen in a young player in my career. And he is incredibly strong technically, physically he is robust and he is fast.

“He has a turbo shot. And then he also plays with extreme passion.”

The full-back will be at the World Cup this summer with Switzerland.

“We have quality this time in our team. And I feel I am a leader on the field. Also, what counts will be the form of the individuals.”

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
130769 messaggi

swcy9l.png

Lichtsteiner: We failed in Europe

Jun 8, 2014

Stephan Lichtsteiner has conceded that Juventus ‘can’t be satisfied’ with their European form last season.

The Bianconeri may have won their third Scudetto in a row becoming the first Italian team to break the 100-point barrier.

But on the continent, the Old Lady were disappointing – crashing out of the Champions League at the group stage and losing in the Europa League semi-final.

“We had an outstanding season in the league, scoring 102 points and winning all 19 matches at home and 33 out of 38 games overall - the stats speak for themselves,” he told FIFA.com.

“But we can't be satisfied with our results on the European stage. We failed to get out of the Champions League group stage despite having a reasonably friendly draw.

“We had a chance to make amends in the Europa League and didn't deliver then either. We had the potential to do better.

“We're largely responsible for that failure. We perform with more focus and confidence in the League, while in Europe, small details play a bigger role and we haven't been able to work them in our favour.

“We made too many individual errors this year, but I'm convinced we won't repeat them next season.”

The Switzerland international though, doesn’t want to use economic might as an excuse not to succeed against the likes of Chelsea and Real Madrid.

“Financially speaking, clearly the top Italian clubs, including Juve, can't keep up with the big boys in Spain, England and France.

“However, we can't use that as an excuse. Dortmund reached the Champions League final last year, Sevilla captured the Europa League this season, Atletico Madrid won the Liga title and qualified for the Champions League final, and none of these clubs have the sort of budget the big Italian sides do.

“If success has smiled on them, why shouldn't it smile on us?”

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
130769 messaggi

swcy9l.png

Lichtsteiner: At Juve, you have to win

Jun 30, 2014

Stephan Lichtsteiner has looked back on his career, commenting on his spells in Switzerland, France and Italy.

The wing-back has been one of the best defenders in Europe for some time now, earning plaudits during his time at Lazio and Juventus.

And in an interview with newspaper Le Matin, the 30-year-old reminisced on his time in the game so far.

“Grasshoppers was a good experience for me, and then I moved to Lille when I was 21,” he told the daily.

“I worked with Claude Puel there – he was a Coach who was very important for my growth as a player and as a man.

“Then I moved to Italy, which was a different mentality entirely. It was a different style of play, where the focus was on tactics.

“I worked with Delio Rossi at Lazio, and he helped me a lot as a defender.

“At Juve though I’ve learned one thing above all – you have to win, it’s as simple as that.

“Perhaps one of my main qualities is my positioning on the pitch, and I’ve got better at that as I’ve got older. Oh, and I’m quite fast!”

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
130769 messaggi

swcy9l.png

Lichtsteiner-Juve talks struggle

Jul 1, 2014

Juventus are reported to have so far failed to agree a new contract with Stephan Lichtsteiner, risking his possible exit this summer.

The Switzerland international is in line to either renew his contract or leave the Bianconeri this summer, having today just entered the final year of his current deal.

However, the giornalaccio rosa dello Sport explain that negotiations for an extension are not progressing, with a sticking point seen as the basic wage on offer.

Where Beppe Marotta has apparently tabled a €2.5m salary offer as part of a two-year deal, Lichtsteiner is reported as pushing for a minimum €3m net pay packet.

With the 30-year-old described as refusing to budge from this position, it is seen that an exit this summer is an increasing possibility.

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
130769 messaggi

xofhxd.jpg

Lichtsteiner: Switzerland made one mistake too much

The Juventus defender was unable to contain his frustration
after the Swiss' narrow loss and feels they deserved better.

Jul 1, 2014

Stephan Lichsteiner has voiced his disappointment with Switzerland's World Cup exit in the wake of their 1-0 round of 16 defeat after extra time against Argentina on Tuesday, but feels Ottmar Hitzfeld's men should be proud of their performance irrespective of the result.

The Swiss came close to one of the biggest upsets of the tournament, but eventually bowed out following Angel Di Maria's 118th-minute winner.

Lichtsteiner played an unfortunate role in his side's loss as he lost possession in midfield in the build-up to the Real Madrid man's goal, and Lionel Messi helped to punish them.

"We worked a lot on how we would play against Messi. We knew we had to man-mark him well, and we did it well. We were up against one of the best players in the history of football and another five or six top class players on top of that," Lichtsteiner told reporters.

"In the end we made one mistake too many."

Switzerland could have grabbed an equaliser almost immediately, but Blerim Dzemaili hit the post and then the ball cannoned away, but the right-back says his side cannot linger on such moments.

“This is the craziness of football! It hit the post, then it came back and he couldn’t score. But such is the craziness of football.

"I don’t know about destiny, but we lost on the little details. We didn’t do a lot wrong at the back, but they won the match.

"This loss is very bitter. I can only give the team a compliment.

"We are incredibly disappointed, but let's not forget that we put in a great performance. We should be proud of ourselves."

Switzerland had qualified for the knockout stages after a 2-1 win over Ecuador, a 5-2 loss versus France and a 3-0 victory over Honduras.

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
130769 messaggi

swcy9l.png

Lichtsteiner: 'Match practically over'

Jul 1, 2014

Stephan Lichtsteiner shouldered some of the blame for the goal that allowed Argentina to eliminate Switzerland.

The Round of 16 tie was 0-0 and heading to penalties when Angel Di Maria scored at the 118th minute.

“Switzerland deserve praise for a great performance and we didn’t deserve to go out like that,” the Juventus wing-back told Sky Sport Italia.

“We proved that we are a very good side and it was a wonderful game for us until that moment.

“On the goal I lost the ball after a challenge and they were able to run in on goal.

“We were punished when the match was practically over. It’s such a shame.”

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
130769 messaggi

swcy9l.png

Lichtsteiner: No Juve issues

Jul 3, 2014

Stephan Lichtsteiner is optimistic in talks with Juventus over a new contract and insists he has ‘no problems’.

Reports this week have been that contract renewal talks are not progressing and, with only a year left on his current deal, Juve were facing the prospect of having to sell him.

However, having just finished his World Cup campaign with Switzerland after Round of 16 elimination to Argentina this week, the full-back has refuted those claims.

“I still have a year on my contract and I do not have any problems,” Lichtsteiner has told Tuttosport’s latest edition.

“I feel very good there and then, we will see. As I have always said, however, my priority is Juventus.

“I have not received any signals from the club, but it is normal at this stage. On my return we will talk and I am convinced that we will find a solution.”

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
130769 messaggi

swcy9l.png

Juve to up Lichtsteiner offer

Jul 10, 2014

Juventus will reportedly return to Stephan Lichtsteiner with an improved contract offer to try to convince him to renew.

The Switzerland international’s current deal has entered its final year and speculation surrounds his future with reports that initial negotiations on a renewal have not progressed.

The situation is seen as hinging on the player’s wage demands of €3.5m-a-season coming in at €1m more than the Bianconeri have initially offered.

However, Tuttosport report that talks are ongoing and that the Old Lady is preparing to return to Lichtsteiner with an improved package, to try to bridge the current gap.

Meanwhile, Lichtsteiner’s situation has reportedly attracted early interest from the Bundesliga, with Wolfsburg and Schalke both listed as monitoring progress.

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
130769 messaggi

swcy9l.png

Lichtsteiner in Rabiot swap?

Jul 13, 2014

Juventus could use PSG’s interest in Stephan Lichtsteiner to get the upper hand for Adrien Rabiot.

Paris Saint-Germain are continuing to push for Swiss international Lichtsteiner, who is struggling to reach a contract renewal agreement in Turin.

According to Tuttosport, Juve aim to use Lichtsteiner in order to beat Milan, Inter, Chelsea and Roma to Rabiot.

The exchange would see PSG hand over France Under-21 international Rabiot plus cash for ownership of Lichtsteiner.

Rabiot is looking for a move away from Parc des Princes to gain more playing time and has only one more year left on his contract.

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
130769 messaggi

swcy9l.png

Lichtsteiner set for Juve deal?

Jul 15, 2014

Juventus have reportedly rejected an offer from Paris Saint-Germain for Stephan Lichtsteiner and will commit him to a new contract.

Apparent issues in negotiations to extend his current deal beyond its June 2015 expiry had raised the possibility and speculation that the Switzerland international could be sold this summer.

However, reports in the defender’s home country indicate that a push from PSG to pick up the 30-year-old has proven unsuccessful.

It is understood that Juve and Lichtsteiner are instead closing in on an agreement for a two-year extension.

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
130769 messaggi

swcy9l.png

Agent warns Juve over Lichtsteiner

Jul 26, 2014

Stephan Lichtsteiner’s agent warns his position is “distant” from Juventus over a contract renewal.

The Swiss international is tied to the club until June 2015, so failure to pen a new deal would mean a summer sale to avoid losing him on a Bosman.

“We spoke to Juventus in recent months, but there is still no agreement and the two parties are quite distant at the moment,” representative Federico Pastorello told Sky Sport Italia.

“Stephan’s contract expires next year and in all honesty I think he will remain at Juve in the end, but we do need to discuss his contract again.”

Paris Saint-Germain have been heavily linked with a bid for Lichtsteiner.

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
130769 messaggi

34e7ujn.jpg

Lichtsteiner: I’ve Chosen To Stay At Juventus
Because Of My Love For This Club

Aug 12, 2014

Juventus defender Stephan Lichtsteiner has revealed that he plans on remaining with the Old Lady this summer because of the love he has for the Turin side.

The 30-year-old, whose current contract with the Bianconeri is set to expire in June 2015, has been heavily linked with a move to Paris Saint-Germain in recent weeks, though he insists that he would rather renew with the reigning Serie A champions and continue his journey in Italy.

Lichtsteiner spoke to Tuttosport about his future and the strong love he feels for Juventus.

“I confirm that Paris Saint-Germain have been pursuing me,” said the Swiss international. “But to remain here is a choice that I’ve made based on my love for this club.

“If I didn’t like playing at Juventus, I would not be talking about signing a renewal. Then I enter the field only to win and this is what every fan wants to see, that you sacrifice yourself for the colours of your team.”

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
130769 messaggi

swcy9l.png

Juve: No Lichtsteiner for Shaqiri

Aug 27, 2014

There are reports Bayern Munich wanted to give Juventus Xherdan Shaqiri, but they refused to hand over Stephan Lichtsteiner.

According to Sky Sport Italia, Swiss international Shaqiri was prepared to make the move to Turin and Bayern were also open to the proposal.

However, negotiations hit a brick wall when Bayern Munich requested full-back Lichtsteiner as part of the deal.

Juventus replied with a clear no, refusing to part with their ‘Swiss Express.’

It’s also claimed Juve asked for Shaqiri on loan with option to buy, but were unimpressed with Bayern’s demands.

They would loan him for €6m and an option to buy for a further €25m.

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
130769 messaggi

34e7ujn.jpg

Lichtsteiner: Important For Juventus To Start Well

Sep 17, 2014

Juventus wide-man Stephan Lichtsteiner has admitted that the 2-0 victory against Malmo in the Champions League on Tuesday night was crucial for the Old Lady.

A brace from Carlos Tevez helped seal the deal in coach Massimiliano Allegri’s first European win as the Bianconeri boss.

“It was very important to start well,” he said in a brief interview with Mediaset.

“In the two previous years we were not able to start with a victory in the Champions League.

“Milan? It’s going to be a great game because they are very fit and it will be a real challenge.”

The Switzerland international then shared his thoughts regarding last season’s runners-up Atletico Madrid’s defeat to Olympiacos.

“Olympiacos’ victory changes nothing. We continue match by match even though we know that it’s going to be tough. It’s still early days, but we have to prepare well before the next game.”

Juventus will travel to the San Siro to take on the Serie A leaders on September 20.

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
130769 messaggi

swcy9l.png

Inter plan Lichtsteiner steal

Sep 25, 2014

Inter’s Erick Thohir and Piero Ausilio are reportedly considering making a move for Juventus full-back Stephan Lichtsteiner.

The ex-Lazio player has been negotiating the extension of his contract in Turin, but for a number of months is believed to have seen reputed wage demands not met favourably by Bianconero officials.

It is a position that has, according to Europacalcio, invited Inter into the equation, with President Thohir and sporting director Ausilio eyeing a potential deal similar to that handed to Nemanja Vidic.

With Lichtsteiner’s current deal due to expire in June 2015, it is understood that the Nerazzurri are planning an offer of a €2.8m-salaried, three-year contract to try to tempt the 30-year-old with.

The same rate seen as paid to Vidic, this would fall below Lichtsteiner’s reported €3m wage demands at Juve, but still net him a pay-rise on current earnings by €800,000.

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
130769 messaggi

34e7ujn.jpg

Juventus Moving Towards
Renewal Of Wingback’s Contract

Oct 16, 2014

Juventus look set to tie up Swiss defender Stefan Lichsteiner to a contract extension as a meeting is scheduled for the end of the month.

The former Lille full-back is only contracted to the Bianconeri until the end of this season, but both parties seem keen to extend that deal.

Sky Sport Italia report that Lichsteiner’s representative will meet those of Juventus towards the end of the month with the intention of securing a contract that will keep the 30 year old with the Vecchia Signora.

Marko, Lichsteiner’s brother and lawyer, and Federico Pastorello, the player’s agent, are hoping to ensure another two years, which would see him stay at the Juventus Stadium until 2017.

Lichtsteiner joined the Bianconeri from Lazio in 2011 and has made 96 appearances for the side, winning the Scudetto in each of his seasons with the club.

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
130769 messaggi

34e7ujn.jpg

Lichtsteiner Could Leave Juventus
If Wage Demands Not Met

Oct 17, 2014

Juventus defender Stephan Lichtsteiner could leave the Italian giants and move to French club Paris Saint-Germain if he is not able to sign a contract renewal.

The 30-year-old Swiss right-back’s contract with the Bianconeri will expire in June 2015 and the Serie A leaders want to renew his contract in case he decides to leave next summer.

According to La giornalaccio rosa dello Sport, Lichtsteiner has been offered €2.3 million a season but he prefers to receive €3 million and Juventus are not willing to offer him that amount of money.

Lichtsteiner has played for Juventus since 2011 and he has been a key player in the Bianconeri’s last three Scudetto wins. He has scored nine goals in 97 Serie A matches for the Turin-based giants.

At international level, he has scored five goals in 69 matches for Switzerland and he has played in one European Championship and two World Cups for his country.

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
130769 messaggi

34e7ujn.jpg

Arsenal Preparing January Bid For Lichtsteiner

Oct 27, 2014

Arsenal are apparently preparing a bid for Juventus’ Swiss right back Stephan Lichtsteiner.

The Gunners are looking to bolster their defence in January and is attracted by the Swiss international’s Champions League experience.

According to the Daily Mail, Arsenal would be prepared to submit a bid as early as January for the 30 year old who is out of contract at the end of the season, and could leave for a reduced fee.

Talks are expected between the Bianconeri and Lichtsteiner over a new deal, but there have been rumours of Udinese’s Silvan Widmer joining the club as a replacement for his international teammate.

If Lichtsteiner did join Arsenal in January, he would be cup-tied for the Champions League, as he has already played in the competition this season for Juventus.

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti