Accedi per seguire   
Socrates

Stephan Lichtsteiner

130798 messaggi

swcy9l.png

Stephan Lichtsteiner Vital to Juventus

Despite Potential Signing of Dani Alves

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2646039-stephan-lichtsteiner-

vital-to-juventus-despite-potential-signing-of-dani-alves?

Jun 18, 2016

Winning is just what Juventus do. For five consecutive seasons, the grand Old Lady of Italian football has once again established herself as the nation’s dominant side, lifting theSerie A title at the end of each campaign.

The last two years saw her also add the Coppa Italia for good measure, demolishing various domestic rivals along the way. In 2014/15, theBianconeri reached the final of the UEFA Champions League, too, and the club are undoubtedly focused on tasting even greater glory in the continent’s elite competition as soon as possible.

“We have a dream of winning the Champions League, and we all want to realise it,” coach Massimiliano Allegri told RAI television recently (h/tESPN FC). It seems the Juventus hierarchy are intent on helping him achieve that aim.

hi-res-53e249fbe11b947f633d241031150968_

TIZIANA FABI/Getty Images

While this week saw their officialwebsite announce the capture ofAS Roma midfielder MiralemPjanic, various reports have also linked them with a move for Brazil international wing-back Dani Alves of Barcelona.

According to AS, Cadena Ser, Sky Sport Italia and a number of other outlets (h/t Football Italia), the 33-year-old will sign a two-year contract with Juventus, as his current contract contains a clause that allows him to leave Camp Nou on a free transfer.

He needs little introduction, winning six La Liga titles and three Champions League crowns during eight trophy-laden years with the Catalan giants, while his former national team boss believes a move toSerie A could see him shine even more brightly.

“Italian football is very tactical, but very beautiful,” Dunga told a recentpress conference. “With Dani Alves' mentality, he will certainly do very well at Juventus. He is a player accustomed to winning, and Juventuswill make a strong team to win the Champions League because the Italians demand it.”

hi-res-4c53abf1fccca2c6c70ac2d108dddebc_

JOSEP LAGO/Getty Images

Yet despite this seemingly impending arrival, the Brazil native cannot expect to walk straight into Allegri’s regular starting XI. Standing in his way will be Stephan Lichtsteiner, another right-back who knows what it takes to win trophies regularly and certainly a man who will not concede his place easily.

The Switzerland international arrived at Juventus back in July 2011, theBianconeri paying his former club Lazio a fee of €10 million to bring him to Turin, per Goal.com. It has proven to be superb value for money, securing a reliably consistent performer who has delivered his very best every time he steps on the field.

A haul of five Serie A titles, three Supercoppa Italiana and two CoppaItalia winners’ medals have now been added to his collection and the man dubbed the “Swiss Express” has made 196 appearances in all competitions.

He has managed 14 goals in that same period, while also chipping in a respectable 19 assists. Clearly that is some way behind the attacking contribution Alves has produced at Barcelona, and his impact going forward is obviously far greater that Lichtsteiner’s.

Offering a perfect blend of energy, tenacity and intelligence, he made his debut in the club’s first game at Juventus Stadium, netting the first-ever competitive goal there following a delightful pass from AndreaPirlo.

Their connection would be a common theme of their time together, although Lichtsteiner downplayed his own role in it. “It’s a question of timing,” he told The Independent when asked about that goal. “But it helps that Andrea is an amazing player!”

11/09/2011 - Il giorno della rinascita!
Quando iniziammo a ristabilire il giusto corso della storia!
Sul campo...http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iNUbNN6AM1E 

Yet compared to those who had played at right-back before him in Turin, the Swiss star would prove to be just that, too, as a role once occupied by the likes of Lillian Thuram became a long-standing void.

Following the retirement of Ciro Ferrara, Thuram subsequently moved into the centre of defence and a string of sub-standard players failed to impress Juventus supporters. Cristian Zenoni, Jonathan Zebina andZdenek Grygera were collectively poor, while Marco Motta was a complete disaster following his own €5 million move in 2010.

Just over a year later, those disappointments were firmly forgotten. Able to play as either a wing-back in Juve’s hallmark 3-5-2 formation or an orthodox full-back in a four-man defence, Lichtsteiner has been one of the most reliable members of the team during their recent dominant run.

0GRd6UiVM3xiWUzh.jpg

#FinoAllaFine #ForzaJUVE  "@TransfersCalcio: GOAL Lichtsteiner! Great ball from Pogba. @borussia 1-1 Juventus

He suffered something of a scare earlier this season, an awkward fall against Frosinone back in September leading to the discovery of what the club’s official website described as “a benign cardiac arrhythmia” or atrial flutter.

The 32-year-old underwent surgery to correct that problem, returning—and scoring the goal shown above—in a Champions League clash with Borussia Monchengladbach exactly one month later. Refusing to let concerns over his health weigh negatively on him as the season drew to a close, he told La Gazzetta dello Sport (h/t Football Italia):

It made me understand that you've got to enjoy every moment. We're under pressure and we must win all the time, but we often forget the pleasure of taking to the pitch. We don't enjoy the simple things in life. We can achieve anything, but we mustn't forget that things change from one moment to the next.

Making 37 appearances in all competitions, he raised his performances in the Champions League with figures taken from WhoScored.comshowing Lichtsteiner averaged 1.3 tackles, 1.2 interceptions and 1.8 clearances.

It was not enough to prevent Juve’s last-16 exit at the hands of BayernMunich however, much to his dismay. Speaking to Paddy Agnew ofWorld Soccer recently, the veteran defender insisted his side “played really well” and “could have gone a long way” in that competition.

fbe842d38bd8c8a20c09fe196a8c3b4d_origina

squawka.com
Stephan Lichsteiner 2015/16

It is here where Alves is expected to make a difference for theBianconeri, but Lichtsteiner’s ability to grind down Serie A opponents will still be essential, as will his contribution to the winning mentality found throughout Allegri’s squad.

Indeed, the Old Lady was only able to clinch the Scudetto this season by reeling off a sequence of 25 victories and one draw in 26 consecutive games from October 31, much to the Adligenswil native’s delight.

hi-res-ce3d166904c2cac883a6210254a24d28_

MARCO BERTORELLO/Getty Images

When we had just 12 points, and all those quality sides in front of us, well I didn’t really think we could win the title,” he continued in that aforementioned World Soccer interview. “In the end, though, we stuck at it and we won…we pulled off an impossible sequence of wins.”

Only Gigi Buffon, Claudio Marchisio, Leonardo Bonucci and AndreaBarzagli have been with the club for longer than Lichtsteiner, and his role as both motivator and vitriolic leader cannot be denied.

Dani Alves may bring a sharper attacking impetus and a more trophy-laden resume, but he will quickly discover—as countless opposing wingers have over the last five years—that getting the better of the “Swiss Express” is no easy task.

Condividi questo messaggio

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
130798 messaggi

swcy9l.png

Dortmund make Lichtsteiner bid?

http://www.football-italia.net/90215/dortmund-make-lichtsteiner-bid

Aug 22, 2016

Reports suggest Borussia Dortmund have made an official offer for Juventus full-back Stephan Lichtsteiner.

The Swiss international’s future in Turin is in doubt, as Dani Alves was signed from Barcelona this summer, and the former Lazio man was left on the bench for the entirety of the win over Fiorentina.

Premium Sport reports that Dortmund are interested in bringing Lichtsteiner to the Bundesliga, and have submitted an official transfer bid.

It’s not yet clear whether the Bianconeri are open to selling the 32-year-old, who has spent five seasons with the club and won the Scudetto in each year.

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
130798 messaggi

swcy9l.png

Inter to hold Lichtsteiner talks

http://www.football-italia.net/90641/inter-hold-lichtsteiner-talks?

Aug 30, 2016

Inter will reportedly meet Juventus for Stephan Lichtsteiner, but it depends on Juan Cuadrado’s situation.

It’s thought the Nerazzurri are considering the Swiss international for the right-back slot, as Manchester United’s Matteo Darmian would be too expensive.

According to SportItalia, a meeting between the two clubs will take place this afternoon, but much depends on Juan Cuadrado.

The Bianconeri are trying to bring the Colombian international back on loan from Chelsea, after a successful spell last season.

Cuadrado can play both as a winger and as a right-wing back, meaning he could be an alternative to Dani Alves in the 3-5-2 system.

At the moment Lichtsteiner would be the second-choice right-back, so the Old Lady won’t let him leave unless Cuadrado arrives.

That presents a problem, as Inter want to resolve the deal quickly, without waiting for a resolution in the Cuadrado deal.

Calciomercato.com concurs that a meeting will be held today, and believes that Lichtsteiner already has a deal with the Beneamata, worth over €3m for three years.

However, Inter are only offering around €3m to Juventus as a transfer fee, and the Bianconeri may decide to hold the player and let him leave for free next summer, rather than strengthen a rival.

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
130798 messaggi

swcy9l.png

Juventus reject Inter for Lichtsteiner

http://www.football-italia.net/90645/juventus-reject-inter-lichtsteiner?

Aug 30, 2016

Juventus reportedly rejected Inter’s offer for Stephan Lichtsteiner out of hand, after being blocked for Marcelo Brozovic.

It was reported earlier today that the Nerazzurri had a deal in principle with the full-back, and a meeting was scheduled with the Turin club.

According to Gazzetta dello Sport, the Bianconeri attempted to use the meeting to re-open discussions for Marcelo Brozovic, but were told he is still not for sale.

In response, the Old Lady rejected out of hand the offer for Lichtsteiner, with the Beneamata asking to take him on a free transfer.

The Swiss international is out of contract at the end of the season, but Juve are not willing to let him strengthen a rival for free.

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
130798 messaggi

swcy9l.png

Inter keep trying for Lichtsteiner

http://www.football-italia.net/90684/inter-keep-trying-lichtsteiner?

Aug 30, 2016

Inter will keep trying to get Stephan Lichtsteiner, but Juventus want to send him abroad amid Borussia Dortmund and Monaco interest.

Multiple reports suggest Juan Cuadrado will return to Turin from Chelsea tomorrow for €5m on loan with an option to buy for €20m that becomes obligatory after a certain number of appearances.

This leaves 32-year-old Lichtsteiner surplus to requirements for Max Allegri and, with his contract set to expire at the end of the season, it’s the last chance to get some money for the Swiss international.

According to Sky Sport Italia, Inter approached Lichtsteiner and he has given the all-clear, but Juve don’t want to sell him to another Italian club.

La Gazzetta dello Sport suggest the Bianconeri want €12m and there is interest from Borussia Dortmund and Monaco.

SportItalia maintain Inter will keep trying to negotiate a deal until the transfer deadline.

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
130798 messaggi

2yvo10i.jpg

Report: Inter Milan wanted to sign Stephan Lichtsteiner,

Juventus shot it down in about two seconds

Maybe it was four seconds. We may never know the true timetable.

http://www.blackwhitereadallover.com/2016/8/31/12725648/

stephan-lichtsteiner-juventus-inter-milan-2016-serie-a-transfer-rumors

Aug 31, 2016

With Dani Alves starting Juventus’ first two Serie A games and Juan Cuadrado destined to arrive in Turin for a second loan stint in as many seasons, there has been a lot of talk about what it means for Stephan Lichtsteiner. And fitting with this time of year, there were rumors about Lichtsteiner actually staying in Turin beyond the Aug. 31 deadline.

According to La Gazzetta dello Sport, Inter tried to capitalize on the opportunity that Lichtsteiner wanted out of his Juventus contract that currently has a season left on it, going as far as to say that he had agreed to terms with one half of Serie A’s Milan duo. However, in response to Inter’s approach to sign the 32-year-old Swiss captain, Juventus basically had something the lines of “Thanks, but no thanks!” in reply.

So, as it stands right now on the final day of the summer transfer window, Lichtsteiner is still a Juventus player and Inter are left wondering what the heck to do — again.

This wasn’t the first time Lichtsteiner had been linked with a move away from Turin. There’s been talk about Lichtsteiner — who has been with Juventus for all five seasons of the current five-year title-winning run — joining forces with former manager Antonio Conte at Chelsea. There were rumors of him potentially going to the Bundesliga and joining Borussia Dortmund.

Basically, Lichtsteiner exit rumors aren’t some newfound phenomenon, but also something that hasn’t resulted in much of anything up until the final day of August.

So, as we sit here on Aug. 31 and at the start of an international break, we know that Lichtsteiner is still a Juventus player and probably not leaving. At least, Juventus don’t want him to leave. That seems like a pretty safe assumption at this point. I know I want him to, and you probably do, too.

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
130798 messaggi

2yvo10i.jpg

Stephan Lichtsteiner has something to say

about reports he wanted to leave Juventus

http://www.blackwhitereadallover.com/2016/9/1/12746542/juventus-

stephan-lichtsteiner-2016-serie-a-transfer-rumor-killer

Sep 1, 2016

The nature of the final few days of every transfer rumors is just a magnification of what we’ve heard over the previous weeks. That means, when it comes to the rumors that we hear, a good portion of them turn out to be a whole bunch of crap.

One of those rumors involved Stephan Lichtsteiner and his future at Juventus. It involved Lichtsteiner, who is one of the core players to have won five straight Scudetti with the club, handing in a transfer request, agreeing to personal terms and trying to force a move to Inter Milan.

As the transfer deadline came and went, Lichtsteiner leaving turned out to be a load of crap. Therefore, Lichtsteiner, quite a favorite around these parts, has felt the need to settle some things on his own. That has resulted in a wonderfully-written, multi-lingual post on the Swiss national team captain’s various social media accounts.

STEPHAN LICHTSTEINER IS ON A CRUSADE TO GET THE FACTS STRAIGHT AND THERE IS NOTHING YOU CAN DO ABOUT IT.

Okay, now that we’ve got that settled...

I think my favorite part of this — outside of the super-serious headshot, of course — is the fact that Lichtsteiner, in his own unique way, is giving the middle finger to every single rumor published over the last couple of days that said he wanted to leave Juventus for Inter or some other club. It’s like Lichtsteiner channeled his inner Stone Cold Steve Austin and pretend just about every transfer rumor source was Vince McMahon and then delivered a Stone Cold Stunner on them all. I’m pretty sure the “I live and breathe every game and every training session for the jersey that I wear and for the success of my team” sentence sums things up rather well considering the main team that he was linked to over the last 48 hours or so.

“Oh, you think I want to go to Inter? Well I’m straight up bianconero, so have a nice day.”

Fact is, Lichtsteiner didn’t leave like the Italian press wanted to have us believe was the case. Because of it, Lichtsteiner felt the need to say something. As a result, we’ve gotten this loud and proud statement from the player himself.

We’ll also get more of Lichtsteiner interviewing Sami Khedira and Mario Mandzukic after Juve’s next Scudetto celebration. That’s never going to be a bad thing.

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
130798 messaggi

swcy9l.png

Lichtsteiner pledges to Juve

http://www.football-italia.net/90772/lichtsteiner-pledges-juve

Sep 1, 2016

Stephan Lichtsteiner has pledged his commitment to the Juventus cause after rubbishing reports that he demanded a deadline-day move to Inter.

Calciomercato claimed on Wednesday that Lichtsteiner was at loggerheads with Juve as the return of Juan Cuadrado theoretically pushed him down the right-side pecking order, but the Switzerland international made it clear leaving the Old Lady was never an option.

“Dear fans,” he began on his official Facebook page.

“I believe in facts rather than words. I live and breathe every game and every training session for the jersey that I wear and for the success of my team.

“That was never different and will never change! In this sense...FinoAllaFine!”

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
130798 messaggi

swcy9l.png

Lichtsteiner: I won’t give up

http://www.football-italia.net/90847/lichtsteiner-i-won’t-give

Sep 2, 2016

Juventus defender Stephan Lichtsteiner vows not to give up “now more than ever” following his Champions League omission.

Lichtsteiner has taken to Facebook a second time after his initial pledge to the Juve cause was quickly followed by the announcement that he would not be in their Champions League squad, amidst talk that the right-back demanded to join arch-rivals Inter late last month.

“Thank you for your flood of messages, and for your immense support,” he wrote.

“You are ... unbelievable! Be assured that I will not give up. Now more than ever. #FinoAllaFine.”

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
130798 messaggi

swcy9l.png

Lichtsteiner: 'Fight for Juve place'

http://www.football-italia.net/90938/lichtsteiner-fight-juve-place?

Sep 4, 2016

Stephan Lichtsteiner insists he will “fight to the end to defend my place” at Juventus, albeit hinting he’ll leave for Inter.

The Switzerland international was left out of the Champions League squad after the arrival of Dani Alves and Juan Cuadrado.

“I am tied to Juventus until 2017 and up until that moment I want to fight to bring success to my team,” Lichtsteiner told media on international duty.

“I know that I was left off the list for the Champions League, but I will fight to the end to defend my place.”

Juve were reportedly furious that Lichtsteiner wanted a move to Inter, so it looks as if he’ll reach the end of his contract in June 2017 without a renewal.

There are suggestions of a January offer from the Nerazzurri for a small fee.

His comments appear to confirm that either way this will be his last season in a Bianconeri jersey.

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
130798 messaggi

smrn9d.jpg

Understanding Stephan Lichtsteiner's

Ugly Spat with Juventus

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2661562-understanding-

stephan-lichtsteiners-ugly-spat-with-juventus?

Sep 5, 2016

Juventus undoubtedly made some impressive acquisitions this summer, their work to bring in the likes of Gonzalo Higuain, Miralem Pjanic and others strengthening a squad that was already among the most impressive in Europe.

Now arguably deeper in almost every department, this previous postlooked at just how well the Bianconeri did throughout the entire transfer window, analysing and grading the ins and outs in Turin over the past few months.

Yet since the window drew to a close on Wednesday, one of the club’s most influential and important players of the past few years appears to have been upset by events affecting his future.

As the 2015/16 season came to an end, Stephan Lichtsteiner seemed set to sign a new contract with Juventus and was certainly not worried about his future as he headed off to UEFA Euro 2016 with Switzerland.

"There is no problem, we'll see what happens," Lichtsteiner told outlet Fichajes (h/t FourFourTwo). In the same interview he discussed the strengths of other leagues but ended by saying, “I'm good at Juventus, where I've been for five years."

Given his consistently excellent performances over that period and the arrival of Dani Alves from Barcelona, it was still no surprise to see rumours of an exit continue. Turin-based newspaper La Stampa (h/tItalian Football Daily) reported talks over a new contract had stalled and linked the full-back with a move to Chelsea.

hi-res-3b503dde5d48460ac645ccc956b3523c_

Antonio Calanni/Associated Press
Lichtsteiner celebrates with current Chelsea boss Antonio Conte

Premium Sport added Borussia Dortmund to the growing list of suitors (h/t Football Italia), but ahead of the deadline, a genuinely surprising possible destination emerged. According to Sky Sport Italia and La Gazzetta dello Sport (h/t Football Italia), Inter Milan approached the 32-year-old. However, it was noted Juve did not want to sell him to another Serie A side.

The move never came to fruition, but the fact he had been linked to Juve’s most bitter rivals prompted the defender to take to his official Facebook page to explain his take on the situation:

Dear Fans,

I believe in facts rather than words. I live and breathe every game and every training session for the jersey that I wear and for the success of my team. That was never different and will never change!

In this sense...FinoAllaFine!

While he looked to have drawn a line under the whole episode, it was quickl propelled back to the forefront of conversation when Juventus submitted their squad for the UEFA Champions League group stage.

Published on their official website, there was no place for Lichtsteiner. While there may well be perfectly acceptable football reasons for omitting their Swiss star, this felt somewhat petty and prompted another response from the player on social media.

“Dear fans...Thank you for your flood of messages, and for your immense support,” Lichtsteiner wrote on his Facebook page. “You are...unbelievable! Be assured that I will not give up. Now more than ever.”

There was one more development left to come, journalist Gianluca Di Marzio revealing via his website, translated by David Amoyal, that the former Lazio and Lille defender could actually extend his contract and finish his playing career with the Bianconeri.

His deal is set to expire in June 2017. Di Marzio noted in that same report that Lichtsteiner’s absence from the Champions League squad was simply because of a lack of options in midfield.

ehdJ5-0bLHUu498R.jpg

.@Cuadrado: "The best goal of my career." Here's to more moments like these, Juan! #BentornatoJuan

With Claudio Marchisio yet to recover from knee surgery, coach Massimiliano Allegri seemingly felt prompted to opt for Hernanes over a third right-back, the versatility of Juan Cuadrado making him a more viable alternative.

But while every one of these stories—and the explanations—could be true, there is one simple fact underlying them all: Lichtsteiner deserves better.

He deserves more respect from Juventus, he deserves more honesty from the club and he deserves to leave the club in a manner befitting a man who has given so much to the Bianconeri cause.

Last season, he gave the Bianconeri his heart, the club's officialwebsite reporting he needed to undergo surgery to a correct "a benign cardiac arrhythmia." He returned 30 days later to score against Borussia Monchengladbach in the Champions League.

1 - Stephan Lichtsteiner has scored his first goal in the UEFA Champions League on his 29th appearance. Heart.

Here is a player who arrived when the club was at a ridiculously low ebb, one of the first deals secured in the summer of 2011, landing in Turin at around the same time Antonio Conte was appointed as coach.

While Andrea Pirlo and Arturo Vidal became the driving forces who helped the now-Chelsea boss resurrect the Old Lady, there is little doubt Lichtsteiner was also a major factor.

Before him, the previous decade had seen the Juve right-back slot occupied by the likes of Jonathan Zebina and Marco Motta, players who were simply never good enough to pull on the famous black-and-white stripes.

Like Conte, who joined the Bianconeri as a player from Lecce back in 1991, Lichtsteiner immediately grasped the importance of playing for Juventus, quickly embodying the values the club's supporters hold most dear.

Lichtsteiner was also the player to score Juve's first goal in the Juventus Stadium (vs Parma): http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0ST8Xn8tmgQ #PirloExpressDelivery

He scored the first official goal at Juventus Stadium, slotting home on September 11, 2011, against Parma after a wonderful long ball from Pirlo. Since then, he has made 149 appearances for the club in Serie A, adding 10 more goals while contributing an impressive 29 assists.

Along with Gigi Buffon, Andrea Barzagli, Leonardo Bonucci and Giorgio Chiellini he has also been a wonderful defensive presence, while that quintet join Marchisio as the only players who remain from that first campaign at the club's latest ground.

They have won five consecutive Serie A titles together, and with no team ever having clinched the Scudetto six successive times, they have a chance to make history this season. With all that in mind, it is no surprise many supporters find seeing him disrespected by the club he has served impeccably somewhat discomforting.

hi-res-3bab7c06e3244cb6a6c76038e71fda8d_

“From an outsider looking in it just doesn't seem right,” Juve fan Nate told Bleacher Report. "He has been a major piece in the success of the past five seasons, and I can't understand the logic even from a tactical standpoint to exclude him from the Champions League list. There must be more to the story than what we as fans see and hear.”

That certainly appears to be the case, with others feeling the player has nobody to blame for the situation other than himself, with another supporter, Maurizio, explaining to B/R what he and others think has transpired between the two parties: "Many fans in Turin believe Lichtsteiner and his agent tried to force a move to Inter after agreeing a deal with the Nerazzurri. Now everybody is saying it was a tactical decision to leave him out of the Champions League squad, but honestly, I don’t believe it.

"To me, he is being punished for his behaviour, and his Facebook posts don’t help. He could have said those words before the window closed, but now it looks like he is just trying to repair the damage he has caused."

Over the next few weeks and months, perhaps further details will emerge, but for now supporters are left with only speculation as to why their club is treating one of its heroes in this manner.

Lichtsteiner and Juventus endured an ugly summer, so it remains to be seen whether that leads to a winter of discontent.

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
130798 messaggi

swcy9l.png

Brozovic-Lichtsteiner swap?

http://www.football-italia.net/91643/brozovic-lichtsteiner-swap?

Sep 18, 2016

Marcelo Brozovic and Stephan Lichtsteiner could exchange places in January, as both are causing controversy at Inter and Juventus.

The two sides face off today in the Derby d’Italia, but Brozovic will not be taking part.

The Croatia international was surprisingly left off the squad list, reportedly due to ‘unprofessional behaviour.’

It’s not clear what happened, but his agent denied there was an incident andBrozovic went on Instagram last night to declare he was “excluded for no reason!!!”

Brozovic had already been close to Juventus over the summer, but Inter did not want to sell him to reinforce a direct rival.

The same situation occurred in Turin, where Lichtsteiner was determined to join Inter and has been left off the Champions League squad list.

The Swiss Express’ contract expires at the end of the season, so January is the last chance to sell him for a profit.

While neither club wanted to send a strong player to their rivals, the current situation could prompt a rethink.

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
130798 messaggi

swcy9l.png

Lichtsteiner: 'Situation not for me'

http://www.football-italia.net/92488/lichtsteiner-situation-not-me?

Oct 4, 2016

Juventus wing-back Stephan Lichtsteiner insists he has “no existential crisis, but evidently the current situation is not for me.”

The Swiss international is currently on international duty and spoke to ATS about being dropped from the Champions League squad.

“I am relaxed, very relaxed. I have had a magnificent career,” said the player whose contract is due to expire at the end of the season.

“I won many titles at Juventus, but also had great moments with Lille, Lazio and Switzerland. I feel no existential crisis, but evidently the current situation is not for me.”

Despite not being eligible to play for Juventus in the Champions League, Lichtsteiner has also dropped down the pecking order in Serie A games and a January exit is possible.

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
130798 messaggi

swcy9l.png

Conte wants Lichtsteiner at Chelsea

http://www.football-italia.net/92517/conte-wants-lichtsteiner-chelsea?

Oct 5, 2016

Antonio Conte reportedly wants to reunite with Juventus full-back Stephan Lichtsteiner at Chelsea, possibly in exchange for Branislav Ivanovic.

The Swiss defender was a key part of the Bianconeri side which won three consecutive Scudetti under Conte, as well as Max Allegri’s team which won two further titles.

However, the arrival of Dani Alves has seen Lichtsteiner’s playing time limited in the current season and he is not even on the squad list for the Champions League.

Therefore, calciomercato.it is reporting that Conte is looking to bring the right-back to Stamford Bridge to bolster his Chelsea team.

The Old Lady will not sell Lichtsteiner to an Italian rival, so a sale to the Premier League could be an attractive option given his contract expires at the end of the season.

In addition, Chelsea could send Branislav Ivanovic in the opposite direction, as the Serbian is believed to be unhappy.

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
130798 messaggi

swcy9l.png

‘Lichtsteiner asked to leave Juventus’

http://www.football-italia.net/92571/‘lichtsteiner-asked-leave-juventus’

Oct 6, 2016

Stephan Lichtsteiner asked to leave Juventus but they would only sell him abroad, an agent confirms.

The Swiss defender was linked with a move to Inter in the summer, but the Bianconeri made it clear that they wouldn’t sell to a rival.

It’s thought Lichtsteiner was unhappy with this stance, and he was left off the list for the Champions League.

“Stephan’s agent is his brother Marco, who I’ve worked with for a long time,” Federico Pastorello, agent of Antonio Candreva and others, told Mediaset.

“From what I understand, Stephan had expressed his desire to change teams after many years at Juve, also because of the arrival of Dani Alves.

“I understand that there were negotiations with foreign teams and an Italian one, which was Inter, but then nothing came of it.

“Juve were perhaps more inclined to sell him abroad, as was the case with [Marcelo] Brozovic, who Inter would rather have sold to a foreign club than a direct competitor.

“If Juve decided not to sell then they’ll have their reasons. Knowing Lichtsteiner, the situation will be a bit tense but he’s a serious professional and he’ll accept [Coach Max] Allegri’s decision.”

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
130798 messaggi

swcy9l.png

Lichtsteiner to Barcelona?

http://www.football-italia.net/92662/lichtsteiner-barcelona?

Oct 8, 2016

Stephan Lichtsteiner is due to leave Juventus for Barcelona in January or June, claims Mundo Deportivo.

The Swiss Express is only under contract with the Turin giants through to the end of the current campaign.

He had wanted to leave over the summer to join Inter, but Juve refused to reinforce a direct Serie A rival.

According to Spanish paper Mundo Deportivo, Lichtsteiner will accept a move abroad after all if it’s to Barcelona.

Lichtsteiner was left off the Champions League squad list by Juventus.

Barcelona may well need a new right-back if Aleix Vidal walks away.

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
130798 messaggi

smrn9d.jpg

Barcelona Transfer News: Latest Rumours on Stephan Lichtsteiner

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2668351-barcelona-transfer-

news-latest-rumours-on-stephan-lichtsteiner-and-aleix-vidal?

Oct 8, 2016

Juventus full-back Stephan Lichtsteiner could reportedly beAleix Vidal's replacement at Barcelona if the latter leaves the club during the January transfer window or in the summer.

That's according to Mundo Deportivo (h/t Football Italia), who reported the 32-year-old is only under contract until the end of this season and expected to leave the Bianconeri.

Nicola Balice of Calciomercato previously reported the Catalans were interested in the Switzerland international. Other potential destinations include Chelsea, Paris Saint-Germain, Bayern Munich andInter Milan, although Juventus would prefer not to sell to an Italian rival and blocked such a move during the summer.

Lichtsteiner has been with Juventus since 2011 and for years was the team's automatic starter at the right-back position or on the right wing in their 3-5-2 formation. He split time with Juan Cuadrado last year and has been reduced to an even smaller role following the arrival of DaniAlves last summer.

Juventus left him off their UEFA Champions League list, meaning he would be eligible to play for the Blaugrana in Europe even if he joined in January.

Here's a look at some of his highlights:

The former Lazio man is an energetic player with an incredible engine and exceptional range. In Juventus' 3-5-2 system, he routinely sprints from one end of the pitch to the other, covering huge distances every single match.

Would Lichsteiner be a good addition for Barcelona?

SUBMIT VOTE vote to see results

Defensively, he's very sound and rarely gets caught out, while on the other side of the pitch, he uses his stamina to wear out defenders and always looks for the back line. He regularly contributes to the scoring as well, but he is at his best when he gets to fire in cross after cross.

Lichtsteiner's absence from the Champions League list was a huge shock and a hint the Bianconericould be looking to sell in January, rather than risk him joining another Italian club in the summer.

While he's not a world-class option any longer and wouldn't be an automatic starter for the Catalans, Lichtsteiner would be an excellent depth option as a replacement for Vidal. The Spaniard has barely played in the 2016-17 campaign, and a departure seems almost inevitable at this point.

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
130798 messaggi

xofhxd.jpg

Heads up, Barca! Lichtsteiner set to leave Juventus in January

The Swiss full-back has fallen behind Dani Alves and Juan Cuadrado

in the pecking order and is unlikely to see out the season in Turin.

http://www.goal.com/en-gb/news/2565/exclusive/2016/10/10/28331212/-?

Oct 10, 2016

Juventus are set to sell unwanted right wing-back Stephan Lichtsteiner in the January transfer window.

The Switzerland international, 32, has fallen behind summer arrivals Dani Alves and Juan Cuadrado in the pecking order.

Lichtsteiner, whose contract runs out in June next year, will only be sold to a club outside of Serie A as the reigning Italian champions are wary of strengthening a rival.

The Bianconeri turned down an approach from Inter during the summer when it became clear that Lichtsteiner wouldn't be a key player in Massimiliano Allegri's 2016-17 team.

Barcelona are regularly linked to Lichtsteiner by Italian and Spanish media outlets. Juventus won't stand in the Catalans' way if they approach him for a winter window move.

Lichtsteiner's unhappy at having become an afterthought in Turin, having only made three appearances in all competitions so far this campaign.

Having not been named in Juve's Champions League squad, he could feature in the knockout stages of the competition should one of Europe's elite sign him.

If Juventus fail to sell Lichtsteiner and choose not to renew his contract - which is almost guaranteed - they will have to pay the former Lazio and Lille defender a penalty fee.

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
130798 messaggi

swcy9l.png

Barça scouting Lichtsteiner?

http://www.football-italia.net/92764/barça-scouting-lichtsteiner

Oct 10, 2016

Reports in Spain claim Barcelona are scouting Juventus full-back Stephan Lichtsteiner in Andorra-Switzerland tonight.

The defender has fallen down the pecking order in Turin, and was not even included in the squad for the Champions League.

Given that Lichtsteiner’s contract expires at the end of the season, he has been linked with a move away from the Bianconeri in January, and Mundo Deportivo is reporting interest from the Blaugrana.

It’s claimed that technical secretary Robert Fernandez is in Andorra tonight to watch the 32-year-old playing for Switzerland.

Given that he’s not in Juve’s squad for the Champions League, Lichtsteiner wouldn’t be cup-tied if he moved to Camp Nou.

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
130798 messaggi

swcy9l.png

Barcelona want Lichtsteiner?

http://www.football-italia.net/94147/barcelona-want-lichtsteiner?

Nov 10, 2016

Juventus full-back Stephan Lichtsteiner could reportedly join Barcelona, freeing Aleix Vidal for Inter.

The Swiss international is out of contract at the end of the season, and has been left out of the Bianconeri squad for the Champions League.

While Juve have a unilateral option to extend his contract by a year, Gazzetta dello Sport believes he could leave in January, with Barça interested.

Lichtsteiner would be free to play in the Champions League, meaning he would be a readymade replacement for Aleix Vidal, who is expected to leave the club.

The newspaper believes that Inter are keen to sign the full-back, having also tried for Lichtsteiner in the summer.

That, in turn, could lead to Juventus making a move for Milan’s Mattia De Sciglio, who is yet to sign an extension to his contract which expires in 2018.

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
130798 messaggi

2wg6lhu.png

Report: Barcelona want Stephan Lichtsteiner

http://www.sportsmole.co.uk/football/barcelona/transfer-talk/

news/report-barca-want-stephan-lichtsteiner_285128.html

Nov 11, 2016

Barcelona are reportedly considering a January swoop for Juventus wing-back Stephan Lichtsteiner.

Earlier this week, Barcelona boss Luis Enrique revealed that his club would be active in the January transfer window if the right opportunity arrived.

A new right-back is believed to be a priority for the Spanish champions and the likes of Valencia's Joao Cancelo and Southampton's Cedric Soares have been linked with a move in recent weeks.

According to Gazzetta dello Sport, Barcelona are now considering a move for Lichtsteiner, who is out of contract next summer and has struggled for football in Turin this season.

The 32-year-old has won five Serie A titles since joining Juventus from Lazio in the summer of 2011.

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
130798 messaggi

swcy9l.png

Lichtsteiner aims for Juventus return

http://www.football-italia.net/94433/lichtsteiner-aims-juventus-return?

Nov 16, 2016

Stephan Lichtsteiner confirms he “hopes to return” to Juventus’ Champions League list in February.

The Swiss full-back was left out of the squad for Europe, having been linked with a move away from the club in the summer.

“Now I’m thinking about doing well with Juventus,” Lichtsteiner told RSI.

“I’m thinking about winning the Scudetto, the Coppa Italia and the Champions League, for which I hope to return to the list in February.

“When you’re at a big club you always think about winning. It’s hard to enjoy wins, because you have to think about the next wins and the next objectives.

“At Juventus, if we don’t win the sixth Scudetto in a row it will be a defeat. You’re at Juventus to win, and if you don’t then it’s time for a change of scenery.

“I’ve won 10 trophies in five years, so I’m happy.”

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
130798 messaggi

swcy9l.png

Lichtsteiner back in CL squad?

http://www.football-italia.net/94780/lichtsteiner-back-cl-squad?

Nov 24, 2016

Reports suggest Stephan Lichtsteiner will return to the Juventus squad for the Champions League Last 16.

The Bianconeri have already secured their place in the next round after the midweek win over Sevilla, and will top the group if they beat Dinamo Zagreb in Turin on Matchday 6.

Lichtsteiner was left out of the squad for the group stage, following rumours this summer that he wanted to leave the club, possibly for Inter.

However, Tuttosport is now reporting that he will be included in the Juve squad for the knockout stages, which gets underway in February.

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
130798 messaggi

smrn9d.jpg

Stephan Lichtsteiner Is Fighting for His Future at Juventus

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2679995-stephan-lichtsteiner-is-fighting-for-his-future-at-juventus

Dec 6, 2016

Over the previous five seasons, Stephan Lichtsteiner had proved himself to be among the most important and consistent members of the Juventus squad. A reliable performer either at right-back or as a wing-back, the Switzerland international delivered everything the Bianconeri could ask from a player in either role.

He was solid defensively, capable of shutting down the very best wingers or midfielders he faced out on the flank, while in attack he contributed a steady stream of accurate crosses and assists.

Occasionally, he has weighed in with some crucial goals, too. That was a habit that began when he netted the first-ever strike at JuventusStadium in competitive play and continued as he bagged against the likes of Inter Milan, Lazio and Borussia Monchengladbach in the years that followed.

The latter of those came just a month after Lichtsteiner underwent surgery for an irregular heartbeat last October. The man himself was clearly pleased with his recovery and his first UEFA Champions League goal.

"I'm feeling really good after the operation and thrilled that everything went so well today," he told the official UEFA website, adding that he “struck the ball perfectly" following Paul Pogba’s superb pass.

Having led Juve with assists during 2013/14, the 2014/15 campaign saw him create Alvaro Morata’s equalising goal in the Champions League final, but last year his productivity began to dip.

02eb86fd604b65047664cd3847e5fc99_origina

Serie A statistics (Adam Digby via Who Scored)

That is clearly evident from the table above—compiled using WhoScored.com statistics—which highlights that on-field decline, as the past 18 months pale in comparison to his earlier output.

As he entered this summer, Lichtsteiner was writing history. He was a five-time Serie A title winner with the Bianconeri, also helping the club become the first to win back-to-back league-and-cup doubles, reach that aforementioned Champions League final and lift the SupercoppaItaliana three times.

Given that he will turn 33 in January, his waning impact could be blamed on his age, but Lichtsteiner then became involved in an ugly episode as he attempted to move away from Juventus.

.@KingJames, reinventing himself and being a winner: the importance of the number 23 to @DaniAlvesD2. #BemVindoDani

"There is no problem, we'll see what happens," he told outlet Fichajes(h/t FourFourTwo) as he headed off to Euro 2016 in the summer, only for the arrival of Dani Alves to make him an obvious target for transfer speculation.

Turin-based newspaper La Stampa (h/t Italian Football Daily) reported talks over a new contract had stalled and linked Lichtsteiner with a move to Chelsea, while Premium Sport added Borussia Dortmund to the growing list of suitors (h/t Football Italia).

Yet as the deadline approached, Sky Sport Italia and La Gazzetta delloSport (h/t Football Italia) made a genuinely surprising revelation, insisting that Inter had approached the 32-year-old.

hi-res-4cf8e26f19391525f15a3dc8ea131e79_

Lichtsteiner got close to Inter this summer.

They noted Juve did not want to sell him to another Serie A side, and the move never came to fruition, but the fact he had been linked with Juve’s most bitter rivals prompted the defender to take to his official Facebook page to explain the situation:

Dear Fans,

I believe in facts rather than words. I live and breathe every game and every training session for the jersey that I wear and for the success of my team. That was never different and will never change!

In this sense...FinoAllaFine!

Before the two parties could move on however, Juventus took the decision to omit Lichtsteiner from their squad for the Champions League group stage when the list was published on their official website.

Juan Cuadrado’s return from Chelsea and the presence of Alves meant there was a perfectly acceptable footballing reason for that move, but supporters of the Old Lady still felt betrayed by the Swiss star.

ehdJ5-0bLHUu498R.jpg

.@Cuadrado: "The best goal of my career." Here's to more moments like these, Juan! #BentornatoJuan

"Many fans in Turin believe Lichtsteiner and his agent tried to force a move to Inter after agreeing a deal with the Nerazzurri,” Maurizio—a Juventus season ticket holder— told Bleacher Report. “Now everybody is saying it was a tactical decision to leave him out of the Champions League squad, but we don’t believe that.”

“He is being punished for his behaviour, and his Facebook posts don’t help. He could have said those words before the window closed, but now it looks like he is just trying to repair the damage he has caused."

In the months since, Lichtsteiner’s performances have hardly helped his cause. Caught out of position countless times, he has been uncharacteristically at fault for many of the goals the team has conceded in 2016/17.

a3nvLlgR9FGYGVXx.jpg

LICHTSTEINER corre indietro e quando parte il passaggio è ancora spalle alla porta. Male, male.#jvtbClip #ChievoJUVE@LichtsteinerSte

He scored against Inter but was then utterly terrorised by Ivan Perisicas the Nerazzurri went on to win, 2-1. Further poor performances followed against Napoli and Udinese, before a clumsy challenge against Chievo (see video above) led to the Veronese side taking the lead in that clash.

The Bianconeri fought back to win, which they failed to do away at Genoa recently, with Lichtsteiner among the many poor performers as the team slumped to a stunning 3-1 defeat at the Stadio Luigi Ferraris.

Much like the rest of the side, he was much-improved against Atalantathis past weekend, though he was involved in the ugly spat with Franck Kessie seen in the video above. However, while his display in that 3-1 win was far better, it is undeniable that Lichtsteiner has been poor overall this term, a fact backed up by some startling statistics.

As the graphic below clearly indicates, even his combative nature is failing him; Squawka.com figures show he has won just 32 percent of the duels he has contested this term.

It remains to be seen if the improvement he showed this weekend is merely a one-off or a return to his best form, but what is clear is that there will be plenty of opportunity to find out in the coming weeks.

9dab2c09a3d55eaac9f389463d326c8f_origina

squawka.com

According to Juve’s official website, Alves has suffered a fracture to his left fibula and will be missing for a prolonged period. That leaves Lichtsteiner as the club’s only out-and-out right-back, although Cuadrado can obviously feature as a wing-back should coach Massimiliano Allegri opt for the 3-5-2 formation.

"I am only thinking about winning the Scudetto again, and the CoppaItalia and Champions League,” Lichtsteiner told RSI last month (h/t Goal.com). “I hope to return to our Champions League squad after the winter break. I am taking things one day at a time. My relationship with Juventus is clear."

With his contract set to expire this summer and a chance to show his ability, Lichtsteiner will spend the next few games playing for his future. Whether that future lies with Juventus remains to be seen, but it will depend on his performances and mindset over an important run of matches.

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
130798 messaggi

swcy9l.png

Barça drop Lichtsteiner interest?

http://www.football-italia.net/95413/barça-drop-lichtsteiner-interest

Dec 8, 2016

Reports in Spain suggest Barcelona have dropped their interest in Juventus full-back Stephan Lichtsteiner.

The Swiss international was left out of the Bianconeri’s Champions League squad for the Group Stage, and was believed to be on his way out.

However, Dani Alves’ injury has offered Lichtsteiner a second chance, and he’s likely to be reinstated for the Last 16.

Now Sport is reporting that Barcelona have dropped their interest in the right-back, as well as Gregory van der Wiel.

Instead, the Blaugrana have taken Aleix Vidal off the market, thwarting interest from Inter, Napoli and Milan.

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti