2dbjpd5.jpg8yt2c8.jpg

20703mb.jpg2d8bwk.jpg

x6dicz.jpg2h5uoms.jpg

Condividi questo messaggio

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
130903 messaggi

logo.png

Serie A Week 14 - 25-11-2012 (8:45 p.m.)

milan300pixelheader.gif - juventus300pixelheader.gif

Giuseppe Meazza (San Siro) Stadium - Milan

Referee: Nicola Rizzoli

Juventus have Chiellini worry

Nov 22, 2012

Juventus defender Giorgio Chiellini is a doubt for the game against Milan on Sunday because of injury.

The centre-back put in an impressive display against Chelsea on Tuesday, but he limped out of the 3-0 win in the closing stages.

Chiellini suffered a minor calf strain which, according to the giornalaccio rosa dello Sport, is still causing him discomfort.

The former Fiorentina player will continue to receive treatment over the next four days in an effort to have him ready for the San Siro clash.

The 28-year-old, who missed the start of the season because of fitness issues, has played in 11 League games this term.

Juventus boss Antonio Conte could turn to Martin Caceres, Lucio or even Luca Marrone if Chiellini is ruled out of action.

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
130903 messaggi

logo.png

Nocerino now focused on Juventus

Nov 22, 2012

Milan’s Antonio Nocerino has already archived last night’s 3-1 win over Anderlecht in the Champions League. “It’s Juventus next.”

The victory in Belgium saw the Diavolo book their place in the last 16 of the competition, but the Italian is keeping his feet on the ground.

“I’m already thinking about Sunday, this game is already behind us,” the former Palermo player commented ahead of the Juventus visit.

“We’ve done nothing yet, we’re happy for the fans, but we have to be humble and continue to live like this was our last chance.

“We have a great jersey on our backs, this is one of the biggest clubs in world football and we have to keep on going like this.”

Milan are an incredible 17 points behind leaders Juve after just 13 Serie A games this season.

In their seven home League games this term, the Diavolo have won three and lost four.

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
130903 messaggi

logo.png

Van Basten will be at Milan-Juventus

Nov 22, 2012

Marco Van Basten will be at San Siro on Sunday evening to watch former club Milan take on Juventus.

“Van Basten will be in the stands,” Vice-President Adriano Galliani confirmed.

“It will be 20 years on from that great night against Gothenburg when he scored four goals and the most beautiful overhead kick in our history.”

The Dutchman spent seven successful years at San Siro, before he was forced to retire because of an ankle injury in 1995.

Van Basten has since become a Coach and is currently at Heerenveen after spells in charge of the Dutch national side and Ajax.

“I don’t know if Van Basten could become the Coach here in the future,” Galliani continued. “He could do one day, anything can happen in life.

“Nevertheless he will be here on Sunday as an ex-Rossonero player and nothing else. That’s also because I am faithful to Massimiliano Allegri.”

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
130903 messaggi

swcy9l.png

Bonucci demands Juventus hunger

Nov 23, 2012

Leonardo Bonucci has outlined that the 17-point gap between Juventus and Milan means nothing ahead of their meeting on Sunday.

While the champions have again taken control of the Division, the Rossoneri have struggled following a summer of high profile exits.

But Bonucci is demanding that his side show the Diavolo respect, even more so than they showed Chelsea in midweek.

“To win in the Champions League against the reigning champions is fantastic, but we have to stay alert as we have Milan on Sunday,” he stated.

“They are a team who have a great desire to pick themselves up, therefore we will have to prepare for this weekend with the maximum intensity.

“I’ve told myself, my teammates and everyone at the club that our hunger against Chelsea was great, but if we want to see the same Juve against Milan then that hunger won’t be enough.

“We need more hunger now than ever…”

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
130903 messaggi

xofhxd.jpg

AC Milan looking to trouble Juventus, says De Sciglio

The promising defender believes that the Rossoneri await a tough game,

but is hopeful of getting a good result against the Scudetto holders.

Nov 23, 2012

AC Milan youngster Mattia De Sciglio is eagerly anticipating this weekend's Serie A match at home against Juventus, and expects a difficult encounter at San Siro.

The Rossoneri currently sit 12th in the league table, trailing leaders Juve by 17 points, but they are determined to cause the Old Lady as much trouble as possible as they target an upset.

"Sunday’s match against Juventus will be a tough match and a difficult one especially with what happened last year" De Sciglio told Milan Channel.

"Juventus are one of the best teams in Italy. We’ll put in 100 per cent to cause them as much difficulty as possible."

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
130903 messaggi

xofhxd.jpg

Galliani: Rizzoli the right referee for AC Milan-Juve

The Rossoneri CEO is confident that the 41-year-old is the right man

for the job as the two Italian giants lock horns at the weekend.

Nov 23, 2012

Adriano Galliani believes that Nicola Rizzoli is the perfect referee to lead this Sunday's Serie A encounter between AC Milan and Juventus.

There has been plenty of controversy about refereeing decisions in Italy this term, but Galliani has little doubt that Rizzoli will do a good job at the weekend.

"It’s a good choice that Rizzoli will be in charge of Milan-Juventus. He’s the best referee around in Italy, just like [Pierluigi] Collina during his days as a referee," the Rossoneri CEO was quoted as saying by La giornalaccio rosa dello Sport.

"Let’s hope that Rizzoli will confirm his status as the best referee around in Italy during Sunday's encounter."

Last year's meeting between the Rossoneri and the Vecchia Signora was marred by officials' failure to spot that Sulley Muntari's header had crossed the goalline.

Sunday's match at San Siro is scheduled to kick off at 20:45CET.

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
130903 messaggi

xofhxd.jpg

Pato sustains thigh injury ahead of Juventus clash

The Brazilian forward is highly unlikely to feature in AC Milan's encounter

this weekend after having picked up yet another physical issue.

Nov 23, 2012

AC Milan coach Massimiliano Allegri has received some disturbing news from the treatment table ahead of this weekend's Serie A clash at home against Juventus as he will probably have to make do without the services of Alexandre Pato due to injury.

The Brazil international picked up a thigh problem in the 3-1 Champions League win over Anderlecht, and underwent further examination on Thursday to clarify the extent of the knock.

Although Pato's injury is less serious than Milan initially feared, it seems unlikely that he will match fit in time for the match versus Juve.

"AC Milan communicates that Alexandre Pato has sustained a bruised thigh during the match in Brussels. Medical examinations have not revealed any muscular damage," a statement on the club's official website reads.

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
130903 messaggi

xofhxd.jpg

El Shaarawy: Allegri's faith key to my form

The Rossoneri forward has hailed his coach's influence on his recent hot streak,

and revealed that Silvio Berlusconi had joked with him about his haircut.

Nov 23, 2012

AC Milan striker Stephan El Shaarawy believes that the approval of coach Massimiliano Allegri is one of the most important factors behind his run of good form.

The youngster has scored 10 goals during his 13 Serie A appearances for the Rossoneri this season, and is adamant this return is due to his mentor's faith in his ability.

“I didn't start the season well,” the 20-year-old told La Repubblica. "However, Allegri still showed great faith in me and that was very important.

“Allegri asks me to perform well, he doesn't ask me for goals. Helping the side defend is a sacrifice that is eventually repaid and it’s no coincidence that the goals have arrived.

“It’s very satisfying to have scored these goals by November and I just want to do well for Milan. This is a fantastic period for me, but I have to continue on this road.”

He then revealed that club president Silvio Berlusconi promised him that he could keep his signature mohican if his current hot streak continues.

“He told me that I can keep my haircut if I keep scoring,” the Italy international continued. “Anyhow, all I’m thinking about now is the game against Juventus.”

Milan currently sit 12th and are preparing for the clash against table-toppers Juventus on November 25.

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
130903 messaggi

swcy9l.png

Barzagli: Milan not just El Shaarawy

Nov 23, 2012

Juventus defender Andrea Barzagli believes that it will be foolish to focus purely on Stephan El Shaarawy when the Bianconeri face Milan on Sunday.

Antonio Conte's men travel to Lombardy to face the Rossoneri at the weekend, but the 31-year-old is of the opinion that the threat they pose will not be just down to the former Genoa man.

“I've seen a few of Milan's recent games,” he told Sky Sport Italia. “And I don't think their attacking threat depends solely on El Shaarawy.

“He's going through a good moment of form, but we can't just focus on him.

“We have studied Milan and know what they can do. They may be struggling, but they have all the means to get back up to where they were before.”

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
130903 messaggi

swcy9l.png

Bonucci a worry for Juventus

Nov 23, 2012

Juventus boss Antonio Conte has a defensive headache ahead of the game at Milan on Sunday after Leonardo Bonucci was hit by illness.

The Old Lady may already be without Giorgio Chiellini at the weekend after he sustained a calf strain in the 3-0 win over Chelsea.

Now Bonucci is also a doubt because the Italian international stopper has a fever which will not see him train this afternoon.

Bonucci could be replaced in the side, if needed, by youngster Luca Marrone. Lucio and Martin Caceres will be in competition to step in for Chiellini.

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
130903 messaggi

16h431x.jpg

Conte wary of Milan

Nov 23, 2012

Juventus boss Antonio Conte has warned his side not to take AC Milan lightly when the pair face off at the San Siro on Sunday. The Turin club are four points clear at the top of the Serie A table and travel to the San Siro to take on a Milan side struggling in 12th place.

"Sunday we will play an important game against a team that are currently not around the top of the standings, but have great quality," Conte told the club's official website. "We are first in the standings, but remember that we have not done anything."

Midfield playmaker Andrea Pirlo is equally wary and determined that his side emerge victorious. "It's a special game as far as I'm concerned," he said. "We know we've done well up until now and that Milan have had a few difficulties, but we just want to remain focused on ourselves."

Juventus should have Giorgio Chiellini fit for the clash after the defender complained of a leg injury following their 3-0 win over Chelsea. "It's only a hardening of the calf should not be anything serious," he said. "Two or three days of rest and I should recover for Sunday.

"Winning helps you win. And to win a big game like against Chelsea puts you in such a mindset that we could take the field immediately, without waiting for Sunday night. The game against Milan is always a great challenge that we will prepare for as best as we can. "

Allegri intrigued

Milan boss Massimiliano Allegri saw his side qualify for the knockout stages of the Champions League last night after they won in Belgium against Anderlecht, but in the league they have not been as successful, already registering six defeats. "Sunday will be a fascinating game even if we're so far from Juventus," said the boss. "They're the strongest team and that's where we want to be."

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
130903 messaggi

4iy2vk.jpg

Milan vs. Juventus PREVIEW: A Derby By Any Other Name…

Nov 23, 2012

Chelsea, Pescara and Nordsjælland have already felt it and it took the performance of a lifetime from Federico Marchetti to prevent Lazio from being befallen by the same fate. Ever since you-know-who came to Juventus Stadium and removed the aura of invincibility from Antonio Conte’s team, the players appear to have been on a mission to prove that facing them should still be a fearsome prospect.

Seemingly far less imposing this season is a trip to San Siro to take on Milan and, having seen Sampdoria, Atalanta, Fiorentina and their bitter cross-town rivals already take maximum points from away games against them, a confident and in form Juventus should have far less cause for concern than almost any previous trip to the famous cathedral named after the great Giuseppe Meazza. And yet that feeling remains, the unshakable doubt that – much like the aforementioned Biancocelesti stopper – Milan will pull out all the stops for this one.

Viewed by many as the real Derby d’Italia ever since Milan overtook them as the second most decorated team in the league, matches between these two clubs have always felt like truly great events. Often they have been; witness the 2005 match in which Alessandro Del Piero’s overhead bicycle kick assist secured the Scudetto or the 2003 Champions League Final and each has had their entirely one-sided victories such as Milan’s 7-1 win in 1950, or Juve’s stunning 6-1 sacking of San Siro in 1997.

That great history has never really exploded into the kind of bitter war usually expected when two such superpowers clash. There is none of the animosity that is on show in Spain’s el Clasico, the Manchester United-Arsenal showdown or even PS-G v Marseille in Ligue Un, all of which made the vitriol of last season seem so misplaced. The war of words between the management of the two club’s descended to frankly pathetic levels as they fought it out for the Scudetto and Adriano Galliani’s mobile phone was filled with incidents nobody needs repeating here.

MILAN

Having twice been visited at Milanello by Italy’s dirtiest of old men recently, Massimiliano Allegri and Milan perhaps have more reason than most to be wary of a visit from Turin’s Old Lady this coming weekend. The Coach’s job is undoubtedly on the line, a week-to-week consideration from Galliani and Silvio Berlusconi after a start to the season which can, at best, be described as inconsistent.

Overall they have lost seven games with six of those defeats coming in Serie A and sit a lowly twelfth place, a ranking completely at odds with the history of one of Europe’s grandest clubs. They are, more pertinently some twelve points away from a Champions League berth and what must be their minimum objective of a campaign which began with the sales of Zlatan Ibrahimovic and Thiago Silva.

That Juventus are a further five points ahead of third place even before this match will be an even greater dagger to Rossoneri hearts and they will be seeking to cut that deficit on Sunday evening. However, they must do so with an ever lengthening injury list which now sees them come into the match without seven players, the most notable of which are Sulley ‘Ghost Goal’ Muntari, Luca Antonini and Ignazio Abate.

Allegri wil most likely – although in his ever more erractic state of mind it is hard to predict – stick with the 4-3-3 seen in recent weeks, employing a tactic which fits his midfield resources but is far from ideal for his forwards. A trio of Riccardo Montolivo, Antonio Nocerino and Nigel De Jong seem more than a match for many they will come up against but will still be facing an uphill struggle against Juve’s M-V-P triple threat.

Their defence can be vulnerable, although Kevin Constant has done a passable job at left back and Mattia De Sciglio continues to impress on the opposite flank. It is through the centre where they appear incapable of holding teams and, with Marchisio and Vidal looking to burst beyond the strikers they could be swamped early just as Chelsea were on Tuesday.

Probable Formation: (4-3-3)

ABBIATI; DE SCIGLIO, MEXES, ACERBI, CONSTANT; MONTOLIVO, DE JONG, NOCERINO; BOATENG, BOJAN, EL SHAARAWY

JUVENTUS

Boosted by those three big wins, the Bianconeri have seemingly dusted themselves down after that first loss in fifty matches, putting on four displays of such dominance that has reassured fans that the defeat has not taken the self belief away from the squad. It has seemingly recharged their batteries, instilling a new found determination to prove they are the very best the peninsula has to offer as well as serving notice to the rest of Europe that La Vecchia Signora truly has returned to the top table of the continental game.

The new mini-streak has also happily coincided with the emptying of the treatment rooms at Vinovo as Simone Pepe and Mirko Vucinic returned to action following their injuries and, while the return of the former was not in time to partake in his bi-annual dissecting of Lazio, it will provide Antonio Conte with yet more versatility and depth whilst also bringing his unique personality back into the locker room to entertain and enthuse his fellow players.

He still appears unready to start matches and the only changes made by Conte are likely to be to rotate Stephan Lichtsteiner once again in favour of Mauricio Isla and his tireless running could really cause problems for Constant on the Juventus right. The other change could be up front where Sebastian Giovinco, Fabio Quagliarella and Mirko Vucinic are currently battling for the two attacking spots.

Probable Formation: (3-5-2)

BUFFON; BARZAGLI, BONUCCI, CACERES; ISLA, VIDAL, PIRLO, MARCHISIO, ASAMOAH; QUAGLIARELLA, GIOVINCO

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
130903 messaggi

smrn9d.jpg

Bianconeri Should Not Take Struggling Rivals Lightly

Nov 23, 2012

Oh, how the mighty have fallen.

On Sunday, Juventus will travel to Milan to take on an AC Milan team experiencing their worst season in recent history. And that's not an overstatement.

The perennial powerhouse is ranked 12th in the league after 13 games, with a lowly 15 points. That's less than half the amount of points current league leaders Juventus are sitting on.

Both teams are coming off wins in the midweek UEFA Champions League fixtures, but while the Bianconeri dominated current European champions Chelsea, the Rossoneri needed a strong second half to narrowly dispose of Belgian champions Anderlecht—a side that hasn't survived the Champions League group stages since 2001.

Juve have continued their great form that saw them win the domestic title last year, going unbeaten in the process. They've lost just a single game so far this season, at home against Inter Milan. They've scored 13 times in their last four games and have conceded only once, a 1-6 beatdown of Pescara.

Fans are already looking ahead at the showdown with Shakhtar Donetsk in two weeks, that will decide the Bianconeri's fate in the Champions League. The general consensus seems to be that Juve will easily dispose of their struggling domestic rivals and will add to the Rossoneri's misery.

Not so fast, my friend.

A golden rule in sports is that you should never overlook a rival, no matter what their current form may be. When it comes to rivalry games, you can throw all statistics out of the window.

Juventus play two in a row, at Milan and at home against cross-town rivals Torino.

Milan might be struggling, but they are far too talented to be ranked this low in the Serie A table. Zlatan Ibrahimovic and Thiago Silva may have departed the club for greener pastures (and a lot of oil dollars) but stars like Kevin-Prince Boateng and Nigel De Jong still don the red and black, while new players are emerging in the form of Stephan El Shaarawy and Mattia De Sciglio.

Juve might be favourites going into this game, it's the Rossoneri that need this win badly. They need to get some momentum going, and there's no better way to start than knocking off the league leaders and arch rivals in a game you're expected to lose.

Every fan knows the phenomenon of kick-starting.

A team is having a bad run of games, not catching any breaks, and then they unexpectedly get a big win. Suddenly, they become invincible. They find their swagger, start beating opponents into the ground and have luck on their side.

The Bianconeri are coming off two high-paced games against Lazio, Roma and Chelsea that saw their starters play with high intensity for 180 minutes. Players are looking ahead at Shakhtar and the return of their head coach, Antonio Conte.

No one will think of Milan as some lowly team, but given both team's current forms, victory is expected. In case you haven't noticed yet, Juve is starting to resemble something like the Empire from Star Wars around Italy: An unbeatable giant the little guy doesn't like rooting for.

Momentum might be with the Bianconeri, the people want to see the Rossoneri win.

Massimiliano Allegri might be able to save his job with a win in Turin, and you can bet he's been preparing his team for weeks going into this game.

Add to that the feelings of injustice Milan still harbour towards Juve, and you get an idea of what kind of game this will be. The referee needs to have a perfect game, because Milan will call out every bad decision as typical Juventus bias and the Bianconeri will call it overcompensating. Odds are the pattern of officials being afraid to give Juve an advantage in the Serie A continues.

The stage is set for a massive upset, with Milan fighting for their lives and their 2012-2013 campaign.

Juventus have enough quality in their squad to overcome anything the Rossoneri can throw at them, but they will have to be at their best and play a very focused game. This is still the game of the week in the Serie A, and for all of the trouble that Milan is going through right now, they should not be underestimated.

It's 2010-2011 all over again, but this time the roles have reversed. Juve should be careful not to fall into the trap Milan will present.

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
130903 messaggi

aden3n.png

Serie A Preview: Away sides to have a great weekend

Nov 23, 2012

Milan v Juventus

It seems crazy to think that these two teams were battling for the Scudetto last season, given how Juve have progressed and how Milan have fallen backwards.

This was the match which gave us last season's big flashpoint, the ruling out of Sulley Muntari's 'ghost goal' in a 1-1 draw at San Siro, but this could be a realtively anodyne renewal, with Juventus simply a far better team than the awful Rossoneri. Milan start the weekend 12th in Serie A, 17 points behind League leaders Juve. They have lost six games to Juve's one, and conceded twice as many goals.

Milan have improved, but given the way that they started the season, that wasn't exactly difficult, and it would be dangerous to believe that they're suddenly good enough to beat Juve.

Juventus are without Giorgio Chiellini for the match on Sunday night, but their squad is big enough to cope with that, and the key to the match is the visitor's ability to cope with the threat posed by Milan's Stephen El Shaarawy. He is by far and away their best player, and has scored 12 of Milan's 27 official goals this season. I think that, even without Chiellini, Juve can deal with him, and that means that they are a solid bet to come away from San Siro with a win.

Milan cost us last week by coming back against Napoli, but can they produce three massive performances in the space of seven days? I'm not sure. Juve are trading at 2.3 to win, and that's more than fair. Stick with the League's proven quality to come away with three points, and complete our trio of away wins.

Recommendation: Back Juventus to beat Milan @ 2.3

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
Ospite
Questa discussione è chiusa.
Accedi per seguire   

• Chi sta navigando   0 utenti

Nessun utente registrato visualizza questa pagina.

• Crea Nuovo...