Leonardo Bonucci (86')

Sunday, October 5th, 2014 - 6:00 PM
Juventus Stadium - Turin
Referee: Gianluca Rocchi

Leonardo Bonucci Thunderbolt Secures
Controversial Win For Juventus

30joh78.jpg

Oct 6, 2014

Leonardo Bonucci’s stunning strike late in the second half gave Juventus a 3-2 win over AS Roma in the top of the table clash which had two red cards, seven yellows and three penalties.

A Scudetto battle royal between two teams having five wins from five had no shortage of drama but it was referee Gianluca Rocci who will make the headlines for all the wrong reasons. Carlos Tevez converted two first half penalties which were both results of highly contentious decisions from the referee. In between these two penalties, Roma had taken a 2-1 lead thanks to a spot-kick from captain Francesco Totti and a 44th minute strike from Argentine Juan Manuel Iturbe. The second half was pretty lackluster as both the teams looked tired after their midweek Champions League games. However, a moment of brilliance from Juventus defender Leonardo Bonucci settled the contest in the 85th minute. Both teams had a man sent off after that as Alvaro Morata and Kostas Manolas were given marching orders as tempers flared.

Roma manager Rudi Garcia who was sent off in the first half was visibly outraged in the post-match conference. He told Sky Italia,”It’s not important to talk about the reason why I was sent off. I prefer to talk about the game, as there were so many incidents, but we lost through our own fault as we didn’t score two great chances and conceded on two set plays”

“It’s just a shame that in Turin they make the penalty area slightly larger… I really think it was possible to do better, not just in terms of the result, but the performance. Both these teams can play much better football.”

“It was a little too tense, but usually the referee controls that. The bad thing for us is that Morata’s very dangerous tackle saw Manolas react. He should not try to be a vigilante.”

“In the first half we lost the ball too many times. This was a physical match and we had to be ready for that. I still think we did enough to win, looking at the chances with Gervinho and especially Pjanic.”

“If we hadn’t conceded two minutes into injury time at the break, then that might’ve changed the whole game. We had prepared to press harder in the second half and use more of our technique, which we did.”

“On the referee I can say it is time we help the referees. Phantom goals and knowing whether a foul is inside or outside the box can be decided using technology and it’s time we help the officials.”

“Technology would be able to give you measurements to the centimetre, in or out, as we are in the 21st Century now. When you saw Maicon from above in the stands, you could tell the ball was outside the box.At the end, we lost. That’s all that matters. I know it is down to the referee’s discretion, but the problem is that all three of them went the same way.”

Roma captain Francesco Totti launched an astonishing attack on Juventus after the game. Speaking to Sky Italia he said,”It’s a huge shame after a good performance.We came to Turin to play our game, but you saw what happened and that affected the match.

“For years the same old incidents keep happening. I don’t know if we were beaten by referees, but we certainly were not beaten by Juventus tonight.Yes, we are angry, but also aware we are a great team and must lift our heads straight away.This was a match we really cared about, but Juventus ought to have their own League, as by hook or by crook they always win.”

“Are we back to the same doubts? I am not the only one saying this, as these are things everyone in Italy should discuss. With Juventus when there is any doubt whatsoever, it’s always a penalty. I have to stop now, as if I keep talking then I’ll get suspended.”

Roma defender Douglas Maicon also had his say on the game, “We played a great match, we didn’t deserve this result. In my opinion I was outside the box on my hand ball, I don’t believe it was a penalty kick. Juventus is a great team, referees sometimes make mistakes. Juventus has the same team as last season, we changed a lot.”

Roma director Walter Sabatini had some words regarding the controversial contest, “It’s scientific that neither of two penalties for Juve should’ve been given, just as Bonucci’s beautiful goal had Vidal offside.” Sabatini told Sky Sport Italia.”There was a mutation in space and time! All joking aside, we accept the defeat and the quality of Juventus, but all the goals were clearly invalid, despite Rocchi being a good referee.I cannot resolve the problems of football. We accept the defeat, but it is evident there’s going to be talk about the incidents, as they are so clear…”

“We bring home the result, but the two penalties didn’t exist and the winner should’ve been disallowed. I understand the media will be fired up hearing me as director of sport at Roma saying all three goals should’ve been revoked. I admired Bonucci’s great volley, as I am a man of football.We knew this was going to be a game played not so much on a technical level, as there was so much tension. We could’ve and should’ve done better, so we will work to improve our approach to this type of game.”

Juventus manager Massimilliano Allegri was happy with the three points although he claimed that the result does not make his side superior in comparison to the Giallorossi.”It was a very intense game and both teams had some good moves.” the Coach told Sky Sport Italia. “Both sides honoured the match. There were some clashes, but those are part of the sport, otherwise you may as well go to the theatre.

“Tonight’s game does not prove we are clearly superior to Roma. We are a great team, but Roma are doing equally well.

The lads interpreted the two phases of the game very well and deserved the victory, though it was such a balanced encounter that it was open to just about any result.”

“I have been in Serie A for seven years and I rarely got angry with a referee in my career. Reducing everything down to Rocchi’s decisions doesn’t explain what happened over the 90 minutes.”

“Was Vidal in Skorupski’s line of vision when Bonucci took the volley? Yes, he was.”

“We have so far conceded only two goals in six Serie A games. We created many chances tonight and have a very variable attacking approach. The lads are doing well, we control the ball better than at the start of the season and I think that is very important.I inherited an exceptional group that wants to do even better. This team has such technical quality and knows how to play football. When you have players who take on such responsibility, it’s much easier for a Coach.”

Match-winner Leonardo Bonucci was ecstatic with his winning goal and was visibly happy with the three points,
“This goal is worth three very heavy points. We played against a great Roma side, but once again reiterated that we are the best. We replied to going behind like a great team, as under pressure we needed to find the strength to get back in front.”

“We made one mistake and were penalised, but we proved once more that Juve are the best team in Italy. There was too much tension, we said that to each other on the field, but in games of this importance every tiny thing is amplified. We all should’ve kept more of a lid on it.”

Juventus captain Gianluigi Buffon was cautious in his replies and preferred to comment on the game rather than the performance of the referee, “There is no longer a gap or any big difference between Juve and Roma. The two teams created a very entertaining spectacle. Roma have a different self-belief compared to previous years and have become an even stronger squad, so it’s only normal the gap has been completely wiped out.”

“I have no idea if Rocchi was out of shape, as I don’t watch the referees as they train during the week! What I can say is that you cannot doubt the quality of a referee like Rocchi.”

Juventus move three points clear of Roma with this win but thirty-two fascinating weeks remain in what promises to be a season-long rivalry between these two clubs.

http://www.goal.com/en/results-standings/69/italy-serie-a/table?ICID=SP_TN_111

Condividi questo messaggio

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
131223 messaggi

2dky5ig.jpg

xlf6gm.gif

JUVENTUS 3 - 2 ROMA

5zk2vt.png- 2mqryix.png

Carlos Tévez (Pen. 27')

Francesco Totti (Pen. 32')
Juan Iturbe (44')

Carlos Tevez (Pen. 45'+)
Leonardo Bonucci (86')

Juventus Stadium - Turin

Roma coach Rudi Garcia sent off
for playing imaginary violin

https://mtc.cdn.vine.co/r/videos/FD72ECE7B81130585112489119744_2bccc16e715.5.1.11911255124755634555.mp4?versionId=OSANtYK6XpWi6gMv.BIjEi4ZTu5RHgnf

Oct 6, 2014

Roma suffered their first defeat of the Serie A season after losing 3-2 to Juventus in Turin on Sunday night, with an 86th-minute volley from centre-back Leonardo Bonucci sealing the win for the Bianconeri in dramatic fashion.

However, what preceded Bonucci's stylish winner was roughly 85 minutes of relentless controversy, with not one, not two, but three contentious penalties conceded in the first half, with Francesco Totti and Carlos Tevez trading spot-kicks back and forth willy-nilly.

Roma also saw coach Rudi Garcia sent to the stands before the interval when he mimed playing a small, imaginary violin after Juve were awarded their first penalty of the evening for a dubious hand-ball -- with Garcia supposedly implying that the officials were "dancing to Juve's tune" again.

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
131223 messaggi

2dky5ig.jpg

14jstat.gif

JUVENTUS 3 - 2 ROMA

5zk2vt.png- 2mqryix.png

Carlos Tévez (Pen. 27')

Juan Iturbe (44')

Carlos Tevez (Pen. 45'+)
Leonardo Bonucci (86')

Juventus Stadium - Turin

Rudi Garcia rues Roma's missed
chances in defeat at Juventus

Roma coach Rudi Garcia rued his team's missed chances as the Giallorossi
saw their perfect run halted in Sunday's 3-2 defeat at Juventus.

2rfvecj.jpg

Oct 6, 2014

The Eternal City giants had gone into the game in Turin riding a five-match winning streak in Serie A.

However, Leonardo Bonucci's late strike handed the Italian champions all three points in a heated encounter at the Juventus stadium.

"I am happy that my team can play at the same level as Juve," Garcia said to giornalaccio rosa dello Sport. "But I am disappointed with the result as we had two great opportunities to score with Gervinho and Miralem Pjanic and we didn't convert them.

"Both teams battled it out until the end, with 14 players giving their best.

"We made several mistakes and it was our fault that we lost.

"The game was in the end decided by an episode."

The outcome dropped Roma three points behind Serie A leaders Juve heading into the international break.

"We are second in the standings and that means we must get back to winning ways after the international break," Garcia said. "I hope that all of my players that are joining their respective national teams return to the club in full fitness."

Roma take on Chievo on October 18 before hosting Champions League rivals Bayern Munich at the Stadio Olimpico three days later.

"We have important games coming up and we need to be ready," Garcia said. "I am disappointed that I will not have Manolas available for our next game."

Manolas was shown a red card in Sunday's game for reacting in a violent manner after being fouled by Juve striker Alvaro Morata.

"Manolas reacted in a stupid way," Garcia said. "You can't take justice into your own hands.

"We need to learn to control our nerves.

"It's important to end a game with 11 players."

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
131223 messaggi

2dky5ig.jpg

14jstat.gif

JUVENTUS 3 - 2 ROMA

5zk2vt.png- 2mqryix.png

Carlos Tévez (Pen. 27')

Juan Iturbe (44')

Carlos Tevez (Pen. 45'+)
Leonardo Bonucci (86')

Juventus Stadium - Turin

Allegri says they 'deserved' to beat Roma

Juventus coach Massimiliano Allegri praised his players and said they "deserved"
to win after they came from behind to beat Roma 3-2 on Sunday.

2d0j7s4.jpg

Oct 6, 2014

The Italian champions trailed 2-1 late in the first half but battled back with goals from Carlos Tevez and Leonardo Bonucci to earn their sixth straight league win of the season.

The outcome in Turin ended Roma's perfect run this season and lifted Juve three points clear at the top of Serie A after six games played.

Moreover, it allowed Allegri's men to bounce back from last week's 1-0 loss at Atletico Madrid in the Champions League, their first defeat of the season.

"I have inherited an exceptional group that wants to continue to do better," Allegri said to giornalaccio rosa dello Sport. "This team has such technical quality and knows how to play good football.

"When you have such gifted players, everything becomes easier.

"My players are doing a good job and we are able to control a game and have better possessions than at the start of the season.

"The game against Roma was a balanced one and in the end, my players deserved the win."

Allegri, who replaced Antonio Conte at the helm of Juve this summer, expects Roma to challenge his team until the end for the Scudetto.

Roma finished runners up to Juve last season.

"Roma are worthy rivals," Allegri said. "This result does not prove that we are clearly superior to Roma.

"We are a great team but Roma are doing equally well."

Juve visit winless Sassuolo on October 18 before travelling to Greece to take on Champions League rivals Olympiacos four days later.

"I thank my players for allowing me to go into the international break in such good spirits," Allegri said. "We have won all six of our league games and have conceded only two goals while scored 13 times.

"We now have almost two weeks to prepare in the best possible way for our next game."

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
131223 messaggi

2dky5ig.jpg

swcy9l.png

JUVENTUS 3 - 2 ROMA

5zk2vt.png- 2mqryix.png

Carlos Tévez (Pen. 27')

Juan Iturbe (44')

Carlos Tevez (Pen. 45'+)
Leonardo Bonucci (86')

Juventus Stadium - Turin

Serie A’s decisive days to come

Whilst defeat in Turin was a huge blow for Rudi Garcia's Roma, it should not
be considered as a game to lose them the title, says Alasdair Mackenzie.

2mrbqyx.jpg

Oct 6, 2014

Where would you begin to analyse yesterday's so-called 'title tussle' between Juventus and Roma? With the refereeing, the defending, the ill-discipline?

Debate will rage on over Gianluca Rocchi's handling of the game. The referee looked as frightened as a substitute teacher on his first day at a lawless school in a dodgy part of town.

Perhaps penalties should have been give here, should not have been given there. Perhaps Alvaro Morata's challenge was reckless, perhaps Kostas Manolas shouldn't have reacted like an enraged bull.

But when it comes down to the cold, hard facts of the matter, Max Allegri and Rudi Garcia will be waking up this morning knowing that Juventus now have a three point lead in what is already widely regarded as a two-horse race for the Scudetto.

Roma have a startlingly poor record in Turin, having only beaten Juventus eight times in 82 League attempts, and this latest setback will be a hard pill to swallow, but it by no means should be seen as the moment they lost the title. Even if you asked the players, you wouldn't get a clear sense of how they view the gap, or lack of, between the two clubs.

Gigi Buffon diplomatically claimed ‘the gap has been completely wiped out’ and Allegri warned that although it was a ‘great win’, it didn't ‘prove we are clearly superior to Roma’.

But matchwinner Leonardo Bonucci saw things differently, saying that they ‘proved once more Juve are the best team in Italy’.

In the Roma camp, Rudi Garcia claimed that ‘they make the penalty area larger’ in Turin and Francesco Totti bitterly commented that ‘by hook or by crook, Juve always win’. However, Maicon suggested that ‘Juve are still a step ahead’.

This mixed reaction from players and management alike suggests one thing only - there is not much between the two sides. Given that they are of similar ability and that they still have to face off in Rome later on in the season, perhaps those desperate to find out what it means for the Scudetto race should look at the fixture calendar and make up their own mind.

The Giallorossi's most challenging part of the season is in fact over the next few weeks. Tricky away trips to on-fire Sampdoria and recovering Napoli are sandwiched between two Champions League ties against the mighty Bayern Munich. The results Roma collect in these matches will be a far greater gauge of the squad's depth, quality and experience to challenge for the title than last night's mad 90 minutes.

They will also have to ensure they don't overload on the panettone at Christmas time, as January will present Garcia's side with a difficult glut of fixtures, away to Udinese and Fiorentina as well as a Rome derby.

As for Juventus, their season-defining period could be in late November and early December. Away trips to Lazio and Fiorentina, a Turin derby and two decisive European ties against Malmo and Atletico Madrid will take place within a three week period. Get maximum points from that and the Bianconeri will be confident of going into the break as winter champions, historically a very auspicious position to be in.

There are never any guarantees, but given the starts made by Milan, Inter, Napoli, Lazio and Fiorentina it is unlikely any of these sides will enter the Scudetto debate any time soon. In fact, as it stands it looks far more likely that Sampdoria or Udinese will challenge.

So although the so-called ‘Scudetto face-off’ yesterday came out in favour of Juventus, the true test of the two sides’ title aspirations is yet to be tested. And despite what scores of people might want you to believe, winning a League title is down to a lot more than one weak performance of a referee.

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
131223 messaggi

2dky5ig.jpg

swcy9l.png

JUVENTUS 3 - 2 ROMA

5zk2vt.png- 2mqryix.png

Carlos Tévez (Pen. 27')

Juan Iturbe (44')

Carlos Tevez (Pen. 45'+)
Leonardo Bonucci (86')

Juventus Stadium - Turin

Roma are none the wiser

The best thing after a loss may be to forget and go on, says Andrea Tallarita.
But a more instructive Juventus-Roma game would have been welcome.

2cmsyo4.jpg

Oct 6, 2014

Roma's game against Juventus was disheartening for the result and for some of the referee's questionable decisions. It was disappointing on top of all that, however, because it provided no answers. It is no clearer today than it was yesterday which of Italy's leading two teams is the strongest. We don't even really know which one plays the better football. The match was supposed to yield not just a result but clarity of mind - instead, it only shrouded the tips of Serie A in even thicker clouds.

The contest turned out to be so vagarious, and the decisive episodes so arbitrary, that the result tells us nothing either way. In spite of the five goals, the ‘keepers had little to do on the night. Both of the teams pressed forward at times, but neither managed to translate much of their efforts into actual shots on goal. This may have something to do with Coach Massimiliano Allegri's game-plan, which saw his team's defensive line sitting much further back than it usually does. Roma did the same, so that the danger coming forward was most often created by the technical brilliance of the respective forwards, and not by either team's strategy.

One thing that Coach Rudi Garcia might want to work on is the problem of how to handle teams that only start defending from behind the midfield line. This is something that he has struggled with before, against modest squads such as Hellas Verona and Empoli, and it may turn into a team-killer if he doesn't develop some counter-measures. That being said, part of the reason Roma were suffering was that Juan Iturbe – at least in the first half – seemed uncharacteristically reluctant to track back. This may have something to do with the fact that he is still recovering his in-game form, but the blame cannot go entirely on Garcia if his team occasionally struggled to dominate.

Also significant were some of the individual shortcomings denoted by a few of the players. We criticised Lukasz Skorupski and Mapou Yanga-Mbiwa for their fallow piggy-in-the-middle against Manchester City, and sure enough, they were back at it yesterday evening. Not only did Yanga-Mbiwa almost lose possession very near his box on one occasion, this kind of play gave Juventus all the time they needed to organise their midfield and press. For all of the undeniable, raw energy and courage that the French defender brings to the game, his tactical awareness is not comparable to either Leandro Castán's or Davide Astori's, and their input will be most welcome when they are back. The same may be said of ‘keeper Morgan De Sanctis.

Roma now go into the international break licking their wounds and with a great deal of bitterness. And yet there is little for Rudi Garcia to work on, except for a few talks on individual discipline – particularly with Kostas Manolas, and maybe with Radja Nainggolan, who also seemed tense.

This game could be replayed five times, and each time it would give a completely different result. Both teams took damage, in the sense that the yellow cards and injuries will cost them down the line, but nothing was critical – at this stage, not even the result. Garcia's strategy wasn't really tested, because the game came down not to tactics but to chance, nerves, and the referee. The best he can do is to keep doing what he is doing, with only a few minor refinements. Roma's next game isn't until October 18, and by then he should have several of his starters back.

Roma's first cycle of fire is over, and the game against Juventus is the only blot in an otherwise very positive campaign. They may take solace from that, and also from the fact that the result was so much closer than it was last year, when they got hammered three to nothing. Any closer than that and it goes the other way. Both teams should keep that in mind, as there is still a return leg.

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
131223 messaggi

2dky5ig.jpg

11sdzyo.png

JUVENTUS 3 - 2 ROMA

5zk2vt.png- 2mqryix.png

Carlos Tévez (Pen. 27')

Juan Iturbe (44')

Carlos Tevez (Pen. 45'+)
Leonardo Bonucci (86')

Juventus Stadium - Turin

Referee selector slams
Rocchi after Juve-Roma

zjylqo.jpg

Oct 6, 2014

Referee selector Paolo Casarin gave a thumbs down to how Gianluca Rocchi officiated the Juventus-Roma match on the "Radio Anch'io lo Sport" radio programme on Monday.

"The big mistake was the penalty against Maicon. The elbow can defend the face and that is what the Brazilian did, and then if he hit the ball in or out of the penalty area is difficult to understand. Rocchi awarded, it seemed, at first a free-kick on the edge, that was the solution, albeit imperfect, but then who or what influenced him?", Casarin said. .penso

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
131223 messaggi

2dky5ig.jpg

swcy9l.png

JUVENTUS 3 - 2 ROMA

5zk2vt.png- 2mqryix.png

Carlos Tévez (Pen. 27')

Juan Iturbe (44')

Carlos Tevez (Pen. 45'+)
Leonardo Bonucci (86')

Juventus Stadium - Turin

'Juve-Roma is no Italy issue'

2emh2y9.jpg

Oct 6, 2014

Antonio Conte is unconcerned by Juventus-Roma and says he does not expect it to affect squad relations in the Italy squad.

The fall-out from the controversy in Week 6’s match continues and heading into the CT’s first Press conference ahead of Euro 2016 qualifying, it was inevitably the topic of discussion.

“It does not concern me. I will speak only about the national team,” Conte at first countered to reporters.

“I will assess all that has happened from a distance, because now my job is to work for my country. That of CT is a role above all else.

“Will the fall-out from the game affect player relations with Italy? During the battle everyone has to defend their own flag.

“When you arrive at the national team it is necessary to defend the colours of the country. That is the case today as it was in the past and it will be in the future.

“Now the players must all get along. In the League they are opponents. As a player myself I behaved like that.”

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
131223 messaggi

2dky5ig.jpg

1trnlg.png

JUVENTUS 3 - 2 ROMA

5zk2vt.png- 2mqryix.png

Carlos Tévez (Pen. 27')

Juan Iturbe (44')

Carlos Tevez (Pen. 45'+)
Leonardo Bonucci (86')

Juventus Stadium - Turin

Rudi Garcia sent to stands
for playing air violin

2wfk76o.jpg

Oct 6, 2014

In what has to be one of the most bizarre reasons for sending a manager to the stands ever, referee Gianluca Rocchi decided that Garcia’s gesture during the top-of-the-table clash was a sign of dissent.

The Roma boss pretended to play the world’s smallest violin after Juve were awarded a controversial penalty – the first of three spot-kicks during the first half alone – for Maicon’s handball inside the area, which appeared to be outside the box.

The referee deemed this to be a show of disrespect and swiftly sent the 50-year-old away from the touchlines, with Carlos Tevez successfully converting the resulting penalty.

Rocchi then stole more of the headlines when he not only awarded Juve another penalty after Paul Pogba had gone down just outside the area, but also dished out two red cards in the closing stages of the match.

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
131223 messaggi

2dky5ig.jpg

swcy9l.png

JUVENTUS 3 - 2 ROMA

5zk2vt.png- 2mqryix.png

Carlos Tévez (Pen. 27')

Juan Iturbe (44')

Carlos Tevez (Pen. 45'+)
Leonardo Bonucci (86')

Juventus Stadium - Turin

Tavecchio: Time for TV replays

2w556if.jpg

Oct 6, 2014

Carlo Tavecchio has called on Roma and Juventus to ‘tone things down’ and says he plans to request to FIFA the use of television replays on dubious calls.

Referee Gianluca Rocchi has fallen under scrutiny for his performance in Juve’s 3-2 win over Roma, for the award of two penalties to the home side when both instances were on the line between being in the penalty area and out.

For the Italian Football Federation’s President, changes in these situations must be made two-fold, starting with the clubs.

“First of all, I want to extend an invitation to all those involved so that tones are lowered and that they accept that the referees are human too, just like Coaches and players,” Tavecchio has told ANSA today.

“I am convinced that our level of refereeing is amongst the best.

“To help them even more I intend to initiate a request to FIFA in order to accelerate the process that provides for the introduction of technology to resolve doubtful cases in the positioning of the event falling on the edge of the penalty area.

“I will also offer our readiness for a possible trial.

“More than a year ago, I declared my willingness to introduce technology at football matches, in particular for goal-no goal and penalty decisions in or out of the area.

“I have met with Sepp Blatter, we will make some reflections, but we would be willing to act as the ‘guinea pig’.

“The demarcation of the use of such technical means, however, must be limited to mechanical fact - in or out of the area, goal or no goal.

“Everything else falls into a sphere of what can be discussed for centuries. It would be a great result, I think that we can do something.”

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
131223 messaggi

2dky5ig.jpg

swcy9l.png

JUVENTUS 3 - 2 ROMA

5zk2vt.png- 2mqryix.png

Carlos Tévez (Pen. 27')

Juan Iturbe (44')

Carlos Tevez (Pen. 45'+)
Leonardo Bonucci (86')

Juventus Stadium - Turin

Iuliano: Juve deserved win

16bhedz.jpg

Oct 6, 2014

Mark Iuliano believes Juventus deserved to win against Roma yesterday and it is proof that they are the ‘dominant team’ in Italy.

The Bianconeri won in Week 6’s top-of-the-table clash 3-2, amid controversy over a handful of refereeing decisions.

“It was perfect for Juve!” joked former Juve man Iuliano to Tuttomercatoweb today.

“Seriously, it was hard to referee a game like yesterday’s, but there is little to interpret in the penalties, all could have been whistled very well, it is useless to argue about centimetres.

“It was not a beautiful game, testing for both, the teams were tight, but I think that Juventus’ victory was deserved and indisputable.

“They are the strongest team in the League, it just depends on them if they win or not.

“At Atletico Madrid it was just a one-off episode, this team plays only to win. In Europe, it is different, but in Italy they are still the dominant team.”

Iuliano was asked about Leonardo Bonucci, who scored the winning goal.

“I am really happy, he is sometimes criticised, but he is an important weapon for Juve both as a starter of play and a defensive leader.

“This is good for him, for Juve, but also for the national team.”

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
131223 messaggi

2dky5ig.jpg

xofhxd.jpg

JUVENTUS 3 - 2 ROMA

5zk2vt.png- 2mqryix.png

Carlos Tévez (Pen. 27')

Juan Iturbe (44')

Carlos Tevez (Pen. 45'+)
Leonardo Bonucci (86')

Juventus Stadium - Turin

Garcia: Defeat hurts Italian football .penso

The Frenchman has suggested Juventus received favourable decisions
from officials during Roma's 3-2 defeat to the Serie A leaders.

5z1eut.jpg

Oct 6, 2014

Rudi Garcia says Juventus' controversial 3-2 win over his Roma side has hurt Italian football.

An enthralling encounter was tainted by two controversial penalties awarded to the home side in Turin, with Carlos Tevez converting both in the first half.

Leonardo Bonucci's 86th minute winner was then followed by protests from Roma after replays showed Arturo Vidal was stood in an offside position in front of goalkeeper Lukasz Skorupski.

Juve boss Massimiliano Allegri later admitted Vidal was offside, while Giallorossi captain Francesco Totti said Juventus should "play in their own league" following the game.

Garcia has now voiced his own disappointment as the debate rumbles on between the two Serie A title rivals.

"I have a cool head…but this game really does hurt Italian football,” he posted on his official Twitter account.

The result means Juve are now three points clear of Roma at the top of Serie A with six wins from their opening six games.

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
131223 messaggi

2dky5ig.jpg

34e7ujn.jpg

JUVENTUS 3 - 2 ROMA

5zk2vt.png- 2mqryix.png

Carlos Tévez (Pen. 27')

Juan Iturbe (44')

Carlos Tevez (Pen. 45'+)
Leonardo Bonucci (86')

Juventus Stadium - Turin

Emma Winter: I Wish Totti Would Go Away

11iivye.jpg

Oct 6, 2014

The war of words between Juventus and Roma shows no signs of abating after the wife of Juventus president Andrea Agnelli became the latest figure to become involved in the row.

Both Rudi Garcia and Francesco Totti have been publicly critical of Juventus following the Bianconeri’s 3-2 victory on Sunday evening with the captain suggesting that the Bianconeri should play in their own league due to a perceived bias of referees in the Turin clubs favour.

Emma Winter, the wife of the Juventus president, has hit back at the comments and suggested the Roma legend should find another league to play in.

“I wish Totti would go and play in his own league,” she wrote on her Twitter account.

In light of Sunday’s match there have also been calls in the Italian parliament for an investigation into the match.

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
131223 messaggi

2dky5ig.jpg

34e7ujn.jpg

JUVENTUS 3 - 2 ROMA

5zk2vt.png- 2mqryix.png

Carlos Tévez (Pen. 27')

Juan Iturbe (44')

Carlos Tevez (Pen. 45'+)
Leonardo Bonucci (86')

Juventus Stadium - Turin

Roma And Juventus Both Fined For
Fan Behaviour In Fiery Fixture

23ralno.jpg

Oct 6, 2014

Roma and Juventus have both been hit with fines for the behaviour of their fans during the Bianconeri’s 3-2 win on Sunday.

Giallorossi defender Kostas Manolas has also been given a two game ban after he was sent off for an altercation with Juve’s Alvaro Morata in the final minutes.

Serie A confirmed in a press release on the league’s official website that Juventus are being punished with a €30,000 fine and Roma will have to pay €20,000 for breaches of the code of conduct on the part of their supporters.

Juve fans were found guilty of shining laser beams at Roma players, throwing a flare at the travelling fans without serious consequences and one fan hitting a member of the Giallorossi staff from behind the dugout.

The away fans were found guilty of throwing flares onto the playing surface in the 27th and 32 minutes of the first half, launching flares at the home fans without serious consequences and throwing plastic bottles.

Roma also breached the rules by using a two-way radio on the bench during the first half after coach Rudi Garcia was sent to the stands.

Morata was also suspended for one game for his dismissal after the incident with Manolas.

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
131223 messaggi

2dky5ig.jpg

xofhxd.jpg

JUVENTUS 3 - 2 ROMA

5zk2vt.png- 2mqryix.png

Carlos Tévez (Pen. 27')

Juan Iturbe (44')

Carlos Tevez (Pen. 45'+)
Leonardo Bonucci (86')

Juventus Stadium - Turin

Roma coach Garcia fined
after Juventus outburst

The Frenchman was sent to the stands during his side's defeat to their Serie A rivals
after his reaction to the referee's decision to award the reigning champions two penalties.

2llbu2u.jpg

Oct 6, 2014

Roma coach Rudi Garcia has been fined €5,000 and warned over his future conduct after being sent off in a fiery clash at Juventus.

The Frenchman was banished from the touchline during the first half of Sunday's Serie A fixture following his reaction to referee Gianluca Rocchi's decision to award the first of two penalties for Juve, who ran out 3-2 winners.

Garcia has been hit in the pocket following his actions in a dramatic game between the top two in the Italian top flight, which was settled by a fine volley from Leonardo Bonucci four minutes from time.

The first of the hosts' spot-kicks was awarded for handball against Maicon, after Rocchi originally appeared to award a free-kick, while the second was judged a foul by Miralem Pjanic on Paul Pogba, with what minimal contact there was perhaps occurring just outside the area.

Garcia later criticised Rocchi's performance and suggested that more technology should be used to aid referees.

It was a costly day for Roma, as Kostas Manolas was sent off late on following a fracas with Alvaro Morata - who was also given his marching orders.

Greece defender Manolas has been given a two-match ban, while Juve striker Morata will serve a one-game suspension.

Juve and Roma have also been punished for the conduct of their fans at Juventus Stadium this weekend.

Serie A champions Juve have been fined €30,000 after a fan clashed with a member of the Roma staff on the bench, a flare was thrown into the section of away supporters and a laser pen was used by home fans.

Roma must pay a €20,000 fine for their fans hurling flares and plastic bottles onto the pitch and towards Juve supporters, while they have also been punished for using radio communications on the bench.

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
131223 messaggi

2dky5ig.jpg

xofhxd.jpg

JUVENTUS 3 - 2 ROMA

5zk2vt.png- 2mqryix.png

Carlos Tévez (Pen. 27')

Juan Iturbe (44')

Carlos Tevez (Pen. 45'+)
Leonardo Bonucci (86')

Juventus Stadium - Turin

Nedved: I'd strip Totti of Roma captaincy

The Czech says he considers the Giallorossi skipper a friend and a great champion
but he feels that the veteran forward does not know what it is like to play for a top club.

35b9i6x.jpg

Oct 7, 2014

Juventus director Pavel Nedved has claimed that Roma should consider stripping Francesco Totti of his captain's armband because of comments he made after Sunday's controversial Serie A clash in Turin.

Totti lashed out at the referee at the end of his side's 3-2 loss to the reigning Italian champions, having been incensed by Gianluca Rocchi's decision to award the home side two contentious penalties, as well as the official's failure to spot that Arturo Vidal had been standing in an offside position in front of Giallorossi goalkeeper Lukasz Skorupski when Leonardo Bonucci volleyed home his 86th-minute winner.

Totti went as far as to say that Roma already know that they will finish second again this season because they feel that Juve will always benefit from favourable refereeing decisions - but Nedved has now hit back, arguing that, if anything, his old club are continually the victims of poor officiating.

"Although Francesco is a friend, a truly great champion, and the end of the game I hailed him, I was angry with him when I heard what he said in front of the cameras," he told Italia 1.

"Totti has never got to play in a team as big as Juventus and, for this reason, he does not understand what it means to work for such an important club.

"If you play or work for Juventus, everyone is against you. We only have our fans behind us, while we find public opinion against us.

"And I'd even go as far as to say that this also affects the attitude of the referees, who are almost afraid to give anything in our favour.

"Roma have built a wonderful team and Totti, again, I congratulate him - but for what he does on the field - not for what he says off it.

"If you were in my team and you said after just the sixth round 'We'll finish second' and you are the captain, I don't know if you'd get to keep that armband.

"They're speaking of a distorted league, but we also need to look at the impression we have given of our league abroad: Sunday was a beautiful game, a real battle in which everything happened.

"Italian football is growing in Europe, as evidenced by what we are doing in the cups - this is what is important, not the controversy."

The fallout from Sunday's game shows no sign of abating, with Roma coach Rudi Garcia - who was dismissed for disputing Juve's second spot-kick - having been fined €5,000 for his own controversial post-match comments, with the Frenchman having sarcastically stated that he did not realise that the penalty area was so big in Turin.

Giallorossi defender Kostas Manolas has also received a two-game suspension for the red card he received for clashing with Bianconeri striker Alvaro Morata, who has received a one-game ban for his dismissal.

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
131223 messaggi

2dky5ig.jpg

swcy9l.png

JUVENTUS 3 - 2 ROMA

5zk2vt.png- 2mqryix.png

Carlos Tévez (Pen. 27')

Juan Iturbe (44')

Carlos Tevez (Pen. 45'+)
Leonardo Bonucci (86')

Juventus Stadium - Turin

Juve-Roma controversy explodes

sxd3j6.jpg

Oct 7, 2014

Juventus-Roma drags on with Leonardo Bonucci’s Twitter row, Giallorossi insulted in the airport and calls for referee Gianluca Rocchi’s arrest.

The Bianconeri’s 3-2 win on Sunday evening prompted a great deal of controversy and several days later the fire is still raging.

Juve defender Bonucci stoked those flames when he took to Twitter and wrote: “You should wash your mouth out! The only thing that counts is victory: I am enjoying it!”

He later added on social media: “There is no reference to Roma fans, it was just my celebration. Just as I do in other occasions.”

There are reports in the Corriere dello Sport that Roma players were insulted at the airport in Turin on their way back to the Capital.

It’s claimed airport workers sparked up the stadium chant ‘You never win,’ while even the pilot declared ‘Forza Juve’ during his pre-flight message to passengers.

Lawyer, Roma fan and former member of the club Carlo Taormina took things even further during his interview on Radio 24.

“We should get a machine gun in hand, a virtual one of course. All three of Juve’s goals should’ve been disallowed.

“This calls for a strike, while Rocchi should be kicked out of the world of refereeing and we citizens will press charges against him, asking whether his behaviour was intentional or not. Anyone who helps football take this direction should be arrested.” .oddio

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
131223 messaggi

2dky5ig.jpg

34e7ujn.jpg

JUVENTUS 3 - 2 ROMA

5zk2vt.png- 2mqryix.png

Carlos Tévez (Pen. 27')

Juan Iturbe (44')

Carlos Tevez (Pen. 45'+)
Leonardo Bonucci (86')

Juventus Stadium - Turin

Strootman Filmed Making Abusive
Gesture At Juventus Fans

Oct 7, 2014

Roma’s injured midfielder Kevin Strootman was filmed making an abusive gesture at Juventus fans during the Giallorossi’s controversial 3-2 away defeat in Turin.

The Dutch international was in normal clothes behind the Roma bench when he made the ‘gesto dell’ombrello’ at some nearby Juve supporters.

According to Calcionews24.com, the gesture was made towards the end of the game when tensions boiled over after Juve’s Alvaro Morata and Roma’s Kostas Manolas were both sent off.

Rumours on Twitter alleged that Strootman made the gesture in response to fans insulting his teammate Adem Ljajic for being a Muslim although these remain unconfirmed.

Strootman made 25 appearances for Roma during the 2013-14 Serie A season before he suffered a serious knee injury in March 2014.

Coach Rudi Garcia has included him for the 2014-15 Champions League squad and he is expected to be back in contention by December.

Both Juventus and Roma have been fined for the behaviour of their fans during the game and the fallout has continued into the start of the international break.

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
131223 messaggi

2dky5ig.jpg

smrn9d.jpg

JUVENTUS 3 - 2 ROMA

5zk2vt.png- 2mqryix.png

Carlos Tévez (Pen. 27')

Juan Iturbe (44')

Carlos Tevez (Pen. 45'+)
Leonardo Bonucci (86')

Juventus Stadium - Turin

Lega Serie A to Blame for Juventus
vs. Roma Refereeing Debacle

16a4c4p.jpg

Oct 7, 2014

After Sunday's contentious match between Juventus and Roma, the debate has quickly devolved. All three of Juve's goals were called into question by Roma's players, executives and fans.

Any team caught on the short end of a controversy against Juventus these days makes a knee-jerk reaction to conspiracy theory. The stain of the punishments handed down after the Calciopoli match-fixing scandal will never really go away. It will always be difficult for some people to separate honest mistakes by a referee from cries of a fix.

In Sunday's game, the controversy was caused entirely by the former. Well, maybe "honest mistakes" should be replaced by "incompetence" when it comes to what happened in the Juventus Stadium on Sunday. What makes it worse is that the Lega Serie A could have avoided the farcical performance by simply selecting the right referee.

They certainly didn't do that this time around. The selection of Gianluca Rocchi as referee was an unfortunate and extreme mistake, and it marred what should have been the best game of the season so far.

Some background: Rocchi is a 41-year-old Florentine who has been been a professional referee since 2000. He's been refereeing the higher divisions since 2004 and became an international referee in '08.

How he has maintained that international status—or made his way onto UEFA's Elite list—is anyone's guess. Rocchi's career at the highest level has been marred by incident after incident.

Goal.com compiled this list of Rocchi's past head-scratchers in the hours after the match ended. The incidents are many. He's fallen for dives—notably in a game between Palermo and Lazio in 2010. He's given mystifying yellow cards—like an incident involving Zlatan Ibrahimovic at Inter, where he issued the Swede a second yellow for continuing play beyond an offside whistle despite the fact that Ibrahimovic was in the act of kicking the ball when the whistle blew.

He has shown a distressing inability to control matches. In a 2011 clash between Lazio and Bologna, every call was subject of argument. He lost control early, and eventually two players saw red for their part in an unsightly brawl. Another fray on the stroke of full time saw Mauro Zarate punch one of the assistant referees.

Phantom penalties have also been a part of his CV. In a 2011 contest between Inter and Napoli, he awarded a penalty on a challenge from Joel Obi that was outside of the box—and sent the Nigerian off to boot. The spot kick was missed and Hugo Campagnaro slotted home—despite having encroached into the box. Inter manager Claudio Ranieri was sent to the stands after the incident.

The coup de grace came in a 2012 Champions League game between Manchester City and Real Madrid. Rocchi issued seven yellow cards in the match, awarded a controversial penalty and sent off Madrid's Alvaro Arbeloa. Rocchi's performance was so bad that UEFA suspended him for the first leg of the round of 16.

That last sentence really says it all. Gianluca Rocchi has been suspended for poor performance over the course of his career. Yet somehow, the Lega Serie A decided that he was suited to take command of a game that would once again draw the eyes of the soccer world to the Italian peninsula.

It's clear how disastrous that decision was. Rocchi had lost control of the game long before he courted controversy with his first penalty call. Players mobbed him with every whistle and clearly had no respect for his position on the field.

Whether the calls were accurate or not is a matter for another article. As James Horncastle pointed out on ESPN FC on Sunday evening, the margins were so thin that you can watch the replays forever and never be totally sure.

What is certain is that Rocchi was clearly unsuited for an assignment such as this. Given the table positions of the teams and their contentious history, a ref with a strong hand was required. Rocchi's history showed that he lacks such strength—and he proved it on Sunday.

What makes the Lega's decision even worse was the fact that they had a referee who absolutely could handle such a match at their disposal. Nicola Rizzoli has been named Serie A Referee of the Year the last three seasons. In the last two years he has been entrusted with the final of both the Champions League and the World Cup. On merit alone, Rizzoli was the clear choice for such a high-profile job. Instead, his talents were wasted on the Udinese/Cesena match earlier in the day.

Saturday's game was the kind of matchup that, in the past, would have been given to the likes of Pierluigi Collina or Roberto Rosetti. For some reason, the current equivalent of those esteemed officials was passed over for this most crucial of assignments and an inferior referee was given the responsibility instead.

It was that decision—one taken before Rocchi had ever blown his whistle on Sunday night—that was the chief cause of the controversy that followed.

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
131223 messaggi

2dky5ig.jpg

swcy9l.png

JUVENTUS 3 - 2 ROMA

5zk2vt.png- 2mqryix.png

Carlos Tévez (Pen. 27')

Juan Iturbe (44')

Carlos Tevez (Pen. 45'+)
Leonardo Bonucci (86')

Juventus Stadium - Turin

Ref Rocchi: 'Conscience is clear'

14e19w3.jpg

Oct 7, 2014

Referee Gianluca Rocchi reportedly said his “conscience is clear” over the controversial Juventus-Roma decisions.

The official was lambasted in the media, as the two Bianconeri penalties might or might not have been inside the box, while Arturo Vidal was possibly interfering with play when offside for Leonardo Bonucci’s winner.

“The players did not help me and in any case my conscience is clear,” Rocchi is quoted as telling colleagues in La giornalaccio rosa dello Sport.

“With the Maicon penalty I was taken in by the spray. I saw it was well inside the box and changed my mind.”

He had originally awarded a free kick right on the edge of the area for Douglas Maicon’s handling offence, but after the Juve players pointed out the spray had placed the wall comfortably inside, Rocchi assumed the contact must also have been there.

In fact, the Roma players and Maicon had crept forward a great deal to charge down Andrea Pirlo’s free kick.

Rocchi will not be given any Serie A games until November, as there are fears the media coverage will cause any decision to be contested.

La giornalaccio rosa dello Sport also maintain refereeing designators believe the only real error was Maicon’s handling offence for the penalty.

They judged Vidal to not be interfering with play on Bonucci’s goal, while it was almost impossible with the naked eye to see whether Miralem Pjanic had tripped Paul Pogba inside the box.

The foul occurred either just before or on the line, but the line itself counts as part of the penalty area.

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
131223 messaggi

2dky5ig.jpg

swcy9l.png

JUVENTUS 3 - 2 ROMA

5zk2vt.png- 2mqryix.png

Carlos Tévez (Pen. 27')

Juan Iturbe (44')

Carlos Tevez (Pen. 45'+)
Leonardo Bonucci (86')

Juventus Stadium - Turin

Pallotta: 'Juve and Roma calm down'

10wqgck.jpg

Oct 7, 2014

Roma President James Pallotta released a statement urging everyone to “calm down” after the Juventus defeat.

The controversy has been raging ever since Sunday’s 3-2 result in Turin, which saw some dubious decisions.

“Everyone should take a deep breath and calm down,” wrote Pallotta in a statement this afternoon.

“Football is a very fast game and sometimes there are controversies and mistakes. It happens both ways.

“At the end of the day we are both great teams and look forward to a long rivalry. It’s good for Italian football.

“Proud of our team forever. Love our spirit. And Roma will be back and there for a long time. Get used to it. Forza Roma!”

Even captain Francesco Totti had stirred up the pot on Sunday by insists “by hook or by crook” Juventus always win.

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
131223 messaggi

2dky5ig.jpg

swcy9l.png

JUVENTUS 3 - 2 ROMA

5zk2vt.png- 2mqryix.png

Carlos Tévez (Pen. 27')

Juan Iturbe (44')

Carlos Tevez (Pen. 45'+)
Leonardo Bonucci (86')

Juventus Stadium - Turin

Bonucci apology for Juve-Roma tweet

sb4j9x.jpg

Oct 7, 2014

Leonardo Bonucci has apologised after a telling-off from the Italy staff, insisting he “did not want to offend Roma.”

The Juventus defender scored the winner in Sunday’s 3-2 victory and further stoked the fires of controversy on Twitter.

He wrote that people who criticise Juve ought to “wash your mouth out” and “the only thing that counts is victory.”

The fact he sent that tweet while on international duty reportedly infuriated Coach Antonio Conte.

“Bonucci was wrong and he knows that,” stated Italy team manager Gabriele Oriali. “I understand adrenaline and tension, but here we all wear just one jersey.”

Bonucci held a Press conference and explained the reasoning behind his tweet.

“Those who follow me know that is how I always celebrate, dedicating it to my friends. I did not want to offend Roma or anyone else.

“I’ll not score a goal like that again, so the joy of that and the three points lasted more than two days. I have the utmost respect for everyone who wears the Giallorossi colours and I certainly didn’t want to offend.

“I simply tried to joke with my friends, the same way I did after the Italy game with Norway and my first goal for Juventus. I could’ve avoided posting that tweet when I was on international duty, so for that I apologise.

“I just want to clarify that I always write #totheendforzajuventus and the phrase #victoryisallthatcounts is part of the Juve DNA. It’s true we players ought to lower the tone around what was already such a tense match.

“I should’ve tweeted that before coming to the Italy camp, but in the enthusiasm of the moment I didn’t think it would generate so much controversy.”

Bonucci met up with Roma player Alessandro Florenzi on international duty and they discussed the winning goal.

“He said ‘if you try that again 10 times, you’ll never get that volley.’ I joked with him, but also with (Roma director Walter) Sabatini. Once the 90 minutes are over, it’s right to joke around with each other.

“As everyone said, Roma have strengthened this season. They are a great competitor for the Scudetto and have much to give both in Italian football and in Europe.”

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
131223 messaggi

2dky5ig.jpg

34e7ujn.jpg

JUVENTUS 3 - 2 ROMA

5zk2vt.png- 2mqryix.png

Carlos Tévez (Pen. 27')

Juan Iturbe (44')

Carlos Tevez (Pen. 45'+)
Leonardo Bonucci (86')

Juventus Stadium - Turin

Empoli Boss Blasts Roma Captain –
Without Having Watched Juventus Game

rm4ux1.jpg

Oct 7, 2014

Empoli coach Maurizio Sarri says Roma captain Francesco Totti went over the top with views after Roma lost 3-2 away to Juventus on Sunday.

Totti felt Juventus were awarded two dubious penalties and they “should play in their own league as they always seem to win by hook or by crook.”

“I have not seen the game yet, but when you feel like you suffered injustices you tend to make over the top statements,” Sarri told Tuttomercatoweb.com

“It has happened to me but it must be more difficult for players at a higher level than us.

“Perhaps he wouldn’t make such statements after a day or two.

“Refereeing is a very difficult job and it might be just an excuse for the players or coaches to blame him.”

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
131223 messaggi

2dky5ig.jpg

xofhxd.jpg

JUVENTUS 3 - 2 ROMA

5zk2vt.png- 2mqryix.png

Carlos Tévez (Pen. 27')

Juan Iturbe (44')

Carlos Tevez (Pen. 45'+)
Leonardo Bonucci (86')

Juventus Stadium - Turin

Morata: Totti should have kept quiet

The Spain under-21 international feels the Giallorossi skipper was wrong to claim
that his side had been beaten by the officials in Turin - and not the Bianconeri.

2gy98nt.jpg

Oct 8, 2014

Juventus striker Alvaro Morata has accused Roma captain Francesco Totti of sour grapes following Sunday's controversial game between the sides.

The Bianconeri triumphed 3-2 in Turin but Totti was enraged by the fact the hosts had been awarded two contentious penalties by referee Gianluca Rocchi, and that none of the match officials had noticed Arturo Vidal had been standing in an offside position in front of Giallorossi goalkeeper Lukasz Skorupski when Leonardo Bonucci scored the winner with four minutes remaining.

The 38-year-old forward sparked controversy by stating Roma know that they are destined to finish second again this season because of the alleged preferential treatment reigning champions Juve receive from referees - an allegation Morata feels Totti should not have made.

"If they had won, they would not be saying anything," the Spaniard told Goal. "It could be that he was just upset about the game, as it's not easy to take when you lose such an important game in the closing minutes.

"Totti is a great player, a historical one, but perhaps he should not have said that."

Morata was involved in another one of the game's flash points, with the forward receiving a straight red card after clashing with Roma defender Kostas Manolas, who was also dismissed.

The 21-year-old had been guilty of fouling the Greece international close to the touchline just seconds beforehand, prompting a furious reaction from his opponent, but Morata, who has been hit with a one-game ban, remains mystified by Rocchi's decision to give him his marching orders.

"It was really weird," he said. "I did not do anything. I was strong [in the tackle], but only because it was a game in which you had to be strong.

"It was what my team needed: to stop the game; be aggressive. On the previous play, he pushed me against the barrier. But this is football.

"I do not know why Manolas had this reaction because they were also kicking us.

"I did nothing and I hope they can do something to reduce it yet but the important thing is that we won."

Morata revealed he is settling in well at Juventus following his summer switch from Real Madrid - but the €20 million signing admitted he is only now getting used to the demanding nature of the Italian game.

"Everything is going well," he said. "The only thing is how they train here: it's like you're preparing for war!

"There is no recovery time. It's very physical. But I'm coming along.

"At first, it takes its toll on you. I remember when I had to just sit down after the exercises instead of stretching because I couldn´t do any more!

"But it is all for the good of the team. And we have a great team. We can do great things."

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
131223 messaggi

2dky5ig.jpg

34e7ujn.jpg

JUVENTUS 3 - 2 ROMA

5zk2vt.png- 2mqryix.png

Carlos Tévez (Pen. 27')

Juan Iturbe (44')

Carlos Tevez (Pen. 45'+)
Leonardo Bonucci (86')

Juventus Stadium - Turin

Rocchi Gets One Month Off
After Juventus V Roma Controversy

2qkrzo1.jpg

Oct 8, 2014

Italian referee Gianluca Rocchi has been suspended for a month after some controversial decisions made in the Serie A match between Juventus and Roma.

The Bianconeri won the Sunday fixture 3-2 in Turin but there were some refereeing calls made that outraged Giallorossi players and fans.

According to Il Corriere dello Sport, Rocchi has been banned for one month by the CAN (National Referees Commission) while they analyse the penalty decisions awarded to Juventus.

Rocchi is expected to return on November 2 but he could return a couple days earlier on October 28 or 29.

Both of the penalties awarded to Juve were given in the first half of the Serie A match. The first incident was when Roma’s right-back Maicon was deemed to have made a handball after an Andrea Pirlo free-kick.

The second incident occurred just before half-time when Bianconeri midfielder Paul Pogba was fouled by Giallorossi playmaker Miralem Pjanic and Rocchi pointed to the penalty spot.

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
Ospite
Questa discussione è chiusa.

• Chi sta navigando   0 utenti

Nessun utente registrato visualizza questa pagina.

• Crea Nuovo...