swcy9l.png

MILAN - JUVENTUS

2z65pvc.png- 5zk2vt.png

Saturday, September 20th, 2014 8:45 PM
Giuseppe Meazza (San Siro) Stadium - Milan
Referee:‬ Nicola Rizzoli

Vidal back for Milan, Pirlo…

Sep 17, 2014

Juventus are reportedly optimistic at having Arturo Vidal ready to face Milan this weekend, but Andrea Pirlo is more of a doubt.

The midfielders have been recovering from respective injuries in recent days - Pirlo since pre-season with a hip complaint and Vidal since the international break with a thigh issue.

Max Allegri used yesterday’s Press conference to confirm tests on both were carried out on Monday, with optimism more so on the Chilean’s chances of recovery in time for Week 3’s clash with Milan.

Tuttosport today reiterate that this is the mindset of doctors at the Bianconeri, with Pirlo likely to require another seven days to recover, with his comeback more likely next midweek for Week 4.

Tuttosport also explain that Andrea Barzagli’s absence from Juve’s squad tonight is so as to have him ready to face the Rossoneri on Saturday.

http://www.goal.com/en/results-standings/69/italy-serie-a/table?ICID=SP_TN_111

Condividi questo messaggio

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
130805 messaggi

2dky5ig.jpg

swcy9l.png

MILAN - JUVENTUS

2z65pvc.png- 5zk2vt.png

‘Milan can be ready for Juve’

Sep 17, 2014

Demetrio Albertini backs Milan to be ready for Juventus, but asserts any outcome from Week 3 won’t be decisive in the Scudetto race.

The Rossoneri will play host to the Old Lady next Saturday in what will be, after two rounds of action, a top-of-the-table clash.

For one former Milan man to have played in this fixture, whilst there is a different context heading into next weekend’s version, the Diavolo won’t be overwhelmed.

“Saturday’s match against Juventus is important because it can provide an awareness of the team’s ability and credibility in the players’ abilities,” Albertini has considered to Milan Channel.

“Milan is still a work in progress, but they have a club and a Coach who knows how to prepare for important games such as this one against Juventus.

“It will be an important match, but not decisive, since we are only at the third week of the championship.”

Playing in Albertini’s position at Milan today is Nigel de Jong, who has started the season in notable form.

“De Jong is a cornerstone of this team. He plays very simple, whilst he needs to play in the middle with technical players alongside him to bring out his best.

“Sunday he scored a great goal, I am pleased that Milan can count on an experienced player like him.”

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
130805 messaggi

2dky5ig.jpg

swcy9l.png

MILAN - JUVENTUS

2z65pvc.png- 5zk2vt.png

‘Added stimulus against Juve’

Sep 17, 2014

Cristian Zapata is encouraged by Milan’s start to the season and says it provides extra motivation in facing Juventus next weekend.

The Rossoneri will head into Week 3’s clash with the Bianconeri level on maximum points after the first two rounds of action, thanks to a nine-goal thriller in Parma on Sunday night.

“It was a tough match in every sense,” defender Zapata has considered to Milan Channel today, in quotes then run on the club’s official website.

“There were injuries, sending offs but those who came on were important in helping the team in a difficult moment.

“We’re happy because we’ve collected another big victory. I think that you can see the desire and unity that this group has out on the pitch.

“There’s a team, regardless of the mistakes, with a desire to win and to stay together and to fight for every ball.”

The Colombia international turned his attention to next weekend’s meeting with the Old Lady.

“I believe that important games such as this prepare for itself because we face an opponent like Juventus.”

“Against Juventus there’s a desire to take to the pitch and do everything well and win this match because we’re first in the table with them and this is an extra source of motivation.

“Let’s hope all our fans come to the stadium so that we can beat Juventus. The season begins now and we must stay on this path. Juve will definitely be a tough match and we’ll try and give our all to win it.”

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
130805 messaggi

2dky5ig.jpg

swcy9l.png

MILAN - JUVENTUS

2z65pvc.png- 5zk2vt.png

Torres and El Shaarawy train

Sep 17, 2014

Fernando Torres and Stephan El Shaarawy were back in training today, so could be fit for Milan’s showdown with Juventus.

Both forwards missed Sunday night’s epic 5-4 victory in Parma due to ankle injuries.

Torres and El Shaarawy were both in this afternoon’s training session, suggesting they should be ready to face Juve on Saturday at San Siro.

It will be a top of the table clash, as Milan, Juve and Roma are the only teams still on a 100 per cent record after three rounds.

Diego Lopez is out of action for at least two weeks with a hamstring strain, while Alex remains in doubt with a bruised right thigh muscle.

Riccardo Saponara went under the knife today on his left knee and posted photographs of the wrapped-up limb on Twitter.

Daniele Bonera will miss Juventus, as he is suspended following a red card.

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
130805 messaggi

2dky5ig.jpg

swcy9l.png

MILAN - JUVENTUS

2z65pvc.png- 5zk2vt.png

Honda, Menez, SES for Juve

Sep 17, 2014

A trident of Keisuke Honda, Jeremy Menez and Stephan El Shaarawy is speculated to start for Milan at the weekend against Juventus.

The Rossoneri will host the three-time-consecutive League champions on Saturday evening and are expected to be able to welcome El Shaarawy back to the starting line-up, following his return this week to training after an ankle injury.

Fernando Torres also worked with the rest of the group for part of yesterday’s session, but is only expected to take a place on the bench in Week 3, with El Shaarway set to be matched in attack with Honda on the opposite flank and Menez in the same ‘false nine’ position adopted with success against Parma last weekend.

Christian Abbiati is set to deputise for the injured Diego Lopez in goal, whilst Adil Rami and Cristian Zapata will start in the heart of a defence that is without the injured Alex and suspended Daniele Bonera.

In coming up against former Diavolo Coach Max Allegri, Pippo Inzaghi is expected by both Sky Sport Italia and Tuttosport to keep faith in the same full-back and midfield selection used in Week 2 at the Ennio Tardini.

Milan probable XI to face Juventus: Abbiati; Abate, Rami, Zapata, De Sciglio; Poli, De Jong, Muntari; Honda, Menez, El Shaarawy

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
130805 messaggi

2dky5ig.jpg

swcy9l.png

MILAN - JUVENTUS

2z65pvc.png- 5zk2vt.png

Poli: Milan still improving

Sep 17, 2014

Andrea Poli has enthused at Milan’s start and lists their determination to continue to improve, and to take a result against Juventus in Week 3.

The Rossoneri host the Bianconeri this coming Saturday evening with the teams sharing top spot in Serie A after taking maximum points from the opening two rounds.

In preparing to welcome former Milan Coach Max Allegri back to San Siro too, Poli has reflected that the challenge against the Old Lady remains as big as it was in previous seasons.

“Allegri has not changed a lot the ways in which Juventus played under Conte,” the 24-year-old has told reporters at an event this week.

“I never like to make predictions. Every game is a game by itself. They are a great team and the match could be decided by a single episode.

“The concentration will be at its highest and we will have our fans behind us, who will provide us with a great charge.

“We must draw strength from the fans’ enthusiasm, knowing that we have done some good thing but that we have to improve, already ahead of the game with Juventus, where we hope to do well.

“It will be a meeting at the summit between two teams that have played two great games so far.

“They are very strong, whilst for three years they have won the League title and are the team to beat. We are preparing in the best way to try to beat them.”

Milan head into the Week 3 fixture with maximum points after wins over Lazio and Parma.

“We had hoped to secure six points. We have played two good games, but we continue to be a work in progress with the new Coach, new players and new playing scheme.

“We have ample room for improvement and I hope that we can continue to grow game to game.”

The midfielder was asked about similarities or not between Inzaghi and former Juventus and current Italy boss Antonio Conte.

“In 10 days with the national team, I understood why Juve won three League titles with Conte on the bench.

“There is great attention to detail on both the part of Conte and Inzaghi, and they have a great desire to transmit their style of play on to their teams.

“I hope that Inzaghi can follow in the footsteps of Conte. We are trying to put on to the field his ideas. Inzaghi looks a lot at the detail.

“We have been working together for two-and-a-half months and I think that we can still grow and play games better and better. We can only do so by improving the errors.”

Such errors were prevalent in defence on Sunday, when despite scoring five at Parma, the side conceded four.

“It is said that when a team concedes a goal that it is the fault of the defence, but the whole team makes that error. We need to improve our consistency to avoid conceding goals.”

Even so, every goal that went in the right end was met with very enthusiastic celebrations.

“It is testament to the team spirit that exists between us. This was seen in the celebrations but also in the difficult moments in Parma when we were under pressure.

“The 45 points in deficit to Juventus last season were many, but now there is a different spirit.

“Unfortunately last year was very bad, but now there is a desire for revenge because we are wearing an important jersey.”

Jeremy Menez is speculated as set to keep Fernando Torres on the bench this coming weekend.

“He is doing very well, he has great technical qualities. He has assimilated into the group in the best way and we hope that he continues like this and makes a difference as he did on Sunday.”

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
130805 messaggi

2dky5ig.jpg

34e7ujn.jpg

MILAN - JUVENTUS

2z65pvc.png- 5zk2vt.png

Vidal And Barzagli To Be Back In
Juventus Squad For AC Milan Match

Sep 17, 2014

Arturo Vidal and Andrea Barzagli have reportedly recovered from their respective injuries and are expected to be in Massimiliano Allegri’s Juventus squad for the club’s upcoming match with AC Milan.

The 27-year-old midfielder has been out of the Bianconeri line up since picking up an issue with his thigh while training with Chile during the recent international break, while the Italian defender has been out of action since the start of the 2014-15 Serie A season due to a calf problem.

According to Sky Sport Italia, Barzagli will definitely be making his return to the Juventus back line for their away meeting with the Rossoneri on September 20, with Vidal’s comeback looking likely as well after a series of successful physical tests.

The Old Lady will still be missing one key player, however, as Andrea Pirlo is continuing his recovery from a hip injury, though he is expected to be back in the team within the next week.

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
130805 messaggi

2dky5ig.jpg

swcy9l.png

MILAN - JUVENTUS

2z65pvc.png- 5zk2vt.png

De Jong: Juve the first test

Sep 18, 2014

Nigel de Jong admits Juventus represent Milan’s first real test of the season, whilst he confirms contract renewal talks.

The midfielder has begun the season well for the Rossoneri, as they head into Week 3 to host Juventus rejuvenated and on maximum points.

For the Netherlands international, facing the three-time consecutive champions should not be overwhelming.

“No. But only if we continue to hold the great confidence that has come to the group after the first two games, and the extraordinary faith in our means,” De Jong has considered to Il Giornale.

“Juve have won the League title in each of the last three years - we do not have to discover them. In the Champions League they won and with conviction.

“To have the chance of success we must begin fighting from the first minute.

“Will it be the first real test for the new Milan? Certainly, but it will also be for them.

“Who would I take out of the Juve team if I could? It would be Tevez. I have known Carlitos well in Manchester and he is a true warrior, he is a crucial piece of the current Juventus.

“How will Max Allegri be received by supporters? I do not know and do not care much - this is a topic just for you journalists.

“What matters is the end result and the three points to win against Juve, if we are to succeed.”

Reports have focused in recent weeks on potentially difficult contract renewal talks between the player and his club, but he is calm.

“I want to stay at Milan and I repeat that I want to end my career here. Milan is a club with a history and an extraordinary tradition - if they cannot finish first then they must always fight to be in the top three.

“I know it is tough, I know that there are many teams as strong and organised as we are, but we have to try.

“At what point is the new contract? I know that the club has contacted my agent and there is an appointment for next week.”

De Jong has notably started the season strongly where others who represented their nations at the summer World Cup have struggled for form in Serie A.

“If the World Cup gave me anything, it gave me a charge. And when I got to pre-season training I was already pretty ready to start again.”

The 29-year-old was asked for a word on Pippo Inzaghi’s impact as Coach.

“He is different, very different from the other Coaches I have had in my career. In some ways he can be likened to a young Van Gaal.

“He expresses a lot of energy, continues to speak, to pound, to think again as a player.”

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
130805 messaggi

2dky5ig.jpg

swcy9l.png

MILAN - JUVENTUS

2z65pvc.png- 5zk2vt.png

Referee: ‬Nicola Rizzoli

Rizzoli for Milan-Juventus

Sep 18, 2014

Nicola Rizzoli will officiaite Milan’s top-of-the-table clash with Juventus at San Siro on Saturday night.

The World Cup Final referee has been named today at the designated official for Week 3’s headline match, and it will be the fifth time in his career that he will have refereed this particular clash.

Both sides have two wins apiece with Rizzoli as the man in charge, but not without controversy. The 42-year-old was in charge in 2012 when a controversially awarded penalty saw the Rossoneri defeat the Bianonceri 1-0.

Week 3 referees

Sebastiano Peruzzo - Roma-Cagliari

Paolo Valeri - Palermo-Inter

Claudio Gavillucci - Cesena-Empoli

Antonio Damato -Chievo-Parma

Marco Guida - Genoa-Lazio

Marco Di Bello - Sassuolo-Sampdoria

Carmine Russo - Atalanta-Fiorentina

Paolo Tagliavento - Udinese-Napoli

Luca Banti - Torino-Verona

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
130805 messaggi

2dky5ig.jpg

swcy9l.png

MILAN - JUVENTUS

2z65pvc.png- 5zk2vt.png

Evra: 'Milan-Juve why I'm here'

Sep 18, 2014

Patrice Evra said Saturday’s Milan-Juventus at San Siro “is the kind of game I wanted to play when I arrived.”

The former Manchester United full-back is finding a new lease of life in Serie A and the Champions League.

“We don’t peddle dreams, so we are not here saying we can win the Champions League this year,” Evra told JTV after beating Malmo 2-0.

“However, we are taking one game at a time with great confidence. Juve have an important history and we need to respect it by winning in Europe too.”

Their first major test is this Saturday night at the Stadio Giuseppe Meazza against joint Serie A leaders Milan.

“This is the kind of game I wanted to play when I arrived. They will be on home turf, so it is up to us to prove we are champions.”

The Frenchman also had kind words for his teammate Carlos Tevez, reunited from their time together at Manchester United.

“He is a lion. He has matured even more now and has become a real team player. Despite that, he’s still the same fun guy I knew in England.”

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
130805 messaggi

2dky5ig.jpg

2wg6lhu.png

MILAN - JUVENTUS

2z65pvc.png- 5zk2vt.png

Preview: AC Milan vs. Juventus

Sep 19, 2014

The two top sides in Serie A go head to head on Saturday night as AC Milan prepare to host Juventus at the San Siro.

Just two league games have been played by each side so far this season, but the excitement of two giants facing off is greater than ever ahead of one of the biggest matches in European football.

As defending champions, Juventus will start the game as firm favourites to collect all three points, but there has already been signs in the current campaign that it will not be an easy route to the title for Massimiliano Allegri's side.

The 47-year-old returns to Milan on Saturday for the first time since being sacked in January, and he'll be eager to pick up a win against a side he led to the Serie A title in 2011.

Milan's promising start to the season may have been expected, but how Filippo Inzaghi's side perform against the champions will give their doubters a clear sign of how far they've come under the Italian.

The Rossoneri have been given a boost in the build up to the match with the news that Fernando Torres could be fit enough to make his debut for the club.

He is expected to begin the game on the bench, though, with Inzaghi likely to keep faith with the attack which scored five goals in the win over Parma on Sunday.

Daniele Bonera will miss out due to suspension, and that could see Adil Rami return to the side in the centre of defence alongside Alex.

Allegri is unlikely to make changes to the Juventus side, and could select the same 11 who beat Malmo in the Champions League on Wednesday night.

Recent form

AC Milan: WW

Juventus: WW

Possible starting lineups

AC Milan: Lopez, De Sciglio, Rami, Alex, Abate, Muntari, Poli, De Jong, Honda, Menez, Bonaventura

Juventus: Buffon; Caceres, Bonucci, Chiellini, Evra; Lichtsteiner, Pogba, Marchisio,
Asamoah;Tevez, Llorente

Sports Mole says: 1-2

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
130805 messaggi

2dky5ig.jpg

34e7ujn.jpg

MILAN - JUVENTUS

2z65pvc.png- 5zk2vt.png

AC Milan V Juventus: Return Of The Max

Sep 19, 2014

AC Milan host current Italian champions Juventus at the San Siro on Saturday, in what is undoubtedly the tie of the round three in Serie A.

The Bianconeri’s Massimiliano Allegri returns to his former club, having left the Rossoneri last season after a disappointing campaign. It will be hugely interesting to see the reception Allegri receives from the San Siro faithful, having guided them to a Scudetto win in in 2011 as well as second and third place finishes in subsequent seasons.

However, after having seen most of the club’s top players leave, Allegri was unable to make a success of the 2013/14 campaign and was eventually replaced by Clarence Seedorf.

Current standings show Milan at the top of Serie A, albeit it after only two matches, leading the Bianconeri on the strength of having scored more goals. The Rossoneri beat Parma last time out in a nine goal thriller, with Jeremy Menez scoring what might already be considered the goal of the season with the cheekiest of back heels.

However, defensive frailties were evident as the Crociati failed to crumble and were a little unfortunate not to snatch a draw as Filippo Inzaghi’s side looked anything but assured at the back.

Inzaghi, himself a former Juventus player, will be missing number one keeper Diego Lopez but new striker Fernando Torres may make an appearance, arriving on loan from Chelsea, as Milan hope to carry on their rampant goal scoring. Eight goals in two games is no bad achievement, though the Juventus rear guard will be considerbly tougher than any they have faced previously.

Stephan El Shaarawy is also expected to be available, having missed the game with Parma due to injury, and could provide his coach another option in the final third.

Juventus, like their opponents, are also unbeaten and Allegri is seemingly continuing the fine work left behind by former tactician Antonio Conte. Confidence will be sky high after beating Malmo in midweek. Carlos Tevez scored a brace, as they opened their Champions League account with maximum points.

Talisman midfielder Arturo Vidal is still very doubtful but may make the bench, whilst Andrea Pirlo is unlikely to feature in any way as his rehabilitation from injury continues.

Last season, Juventus won both fixtures against Milan but current form would suggest that this time things might be a little closer for the team with three straight Italian league titles to their name.

The added spice of both coaches having featured in some way for the two clubs, is an extra ingredient to what could be an explosive cocktail of football, come Sunday evening.

Expected Starting XIs

Milan (4-3-3): Abbiati; Abate, Rami, Zapata, De Sciglio; Poli, De Jong, Muntari; Honda, Menez, Bonaventura.

Juventus (3-5-2): Buffon; Caceres, Bonucci, Chiellini; Lichtsteiner, Pogba, Marchisio, Pereyra, Asamoah; Llorente, Tevez.

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
130805 messaggi

2dky5ig.jpg

bex2so.jpg

MILAN - JUVENTUS

2z65pvc.png- 5zk2vt.png

AC Milan V Juventus – Team News,
Tactics, Lineups And Prediction

Sep 19, 2014

Both Milan and Juventus ushered in new eras at the beginning of this season, and they’ve begun on a bright note thus far. Pippo Inzaghi has transformed what looked like a fading side into a dangerous counter attacking unit that seems to be able to score at will. Max Allegri, who was formerly at Milan, was a surprise appointment in Turin, but he has comfortably dispelled all worries that were surrounding the club after Antonio Conte’s departure.

Milan have already faced tough competition in the form of Lazio, while Juventus dealt with Udinese as well as make the tricky trip to Malmo. Both these clubs are yet to drop a single game this season but the real test will be this fixture.

Can Allegri return to haunt his former side or will Inzaghi’s Milan continue their resurgence to the top of Italian football?

Team news and tactical brief

AC Milan

Inzaghi’s side have been hugely disorganized in terms of their structure in the two games thus far, but this has paid huge dividend. The front three seamlessly shift positions, transitions from defense to attack are a lot more urgent and meaningful, and the three man midfield is finally providing the necessary defensive cover.

But when they go up against Juventus on Saturday, they will face off against a hugely disciplined unit. The midfield three that Inzaghi deploys will have their hands full at the San Siro. Full backs Ignazio Abate and Mattia de Sciglio will also need to be at their defensive best when dealing with Juventus’ marauding wing backs.

Diego Lopez will be unavailable after picking up an embarrassing injury in the game against Parma, which means Michael Agazzi will make his debut. Daniele Bonera and Alex will both miss this massive fixture due to suspension and injury respectively. Adil Rami and Cristian Zapata are expected to start in the center of defense. Going up against the physicality of Fernando Llorente and Carlos Tevez will be a tough task, but if Milan are to return to their glory days, this duo will have to start with a fine showing on Saturday. The farcical defensive performance at the Ennio Tardini cannot be repeated.

Nigel De Jong, Sulley Muntari and Andrea Poli should continue to man the midfield. The tenacious Dutchman will be the focal point defensively and could be faced with keeping the returning Arturo Vidal in check. Muntari and Poli have looked comfortable going forward but their defensive abilities will be seriously questioned by Allegri’s unit.

While Milan’s defending has been horrendous in their first two games, their attack has been a joy to watch. Jeremy Menez has been sensational through the middle, Stephan El Shaarawy superb on the left and Keisuke Honda sublime in a narrower role down the right. Link up play has been phenomenal between these three, and El Shaarawy’s return to training is hugely promising. Giacomo Bonaventura proved an able replacement for El Shaarawy last weekend and would be worth some playing time on Satruday. Going up against a disciplined Juventus defense will be their hardest task yet but if there’s an attacking unit in Italy that can dismantle Juventus, it is Milan’s.

Probable starting lineup (4-3-3): Agazzi; Abate, Rami, Zapata, De Sciglio; Poli, De Jong, Muntari; Honda, Menez, El Shaarawy

6sxow2.png

JUVENTUS

Acclimatizing to the Allegri way was expected to have been a tedious job but the Italian coach’s decision to stick to Conte’s 3-5-2 has made the change in coach seem inconsequential thus far. Juventus will be buoyed by the likely return of Vidal, who will be the engine of this side. While Kwadwo Asamoah and Roberto Pereyra have been decent replacements, Vidal’s effect on a game cannot be overstated.

Claudio Marchisio and Paul Pogba will complete the central midfield three. They will be flanked by Stephan Lichtsteiner on the right and Patrice Evra on the left. The Frenchman’s experience could be hugely useful, especially since he will be up against the regularly careless Abate.

Juventus will have Gianluigi Buffon in goal with a three man defense in front of him. Giorgio Chiellini returns from a three match ban, and will start alongside Martin Caceres and Leonardo Bonucci. The Italian champions are yet to concede a single goal this season but these four will have to up their game by a couple of notches if they are to keep Milan’s rampaging attack at bay.

Tevez and Llorente should start up front. The Argentine striker has been in good form this season and even managed to end his Champions League goal draught in midweek. Tevez’s ability to drop off to collect the ball and link up from deep will be hugely crucial, while Llorente’s heading prowess could haunt Milan’s backline too.

Juventus’ midfield holds the key to this fixture but any wastefulness on the attacking front will prove to be very costly, especially since Milan seem to be able to score at will.

Probable starting lineup (3-5-2): Buffon; Caceres, Bonucci, Chiellini; Lichtsteiner, Marchisio, Vidal, Pogba, Evra; Tevez, Llorente

Player to watch out for

Carlos Tevez (Juventus)

The former Manchester City striker has been in top form thus far, netting three goals in as many games. Probably the most complete striker in the Serie A today, Tevez will be a massive headache for the Milan defense.
Milan’s De Jong also sees Tevez as their opponents’ primary threat: “He is a true warrior and is a crucial piece of the current Juventus.”

Prediction

Milan 1-1 Juventus

As carefree as Inzaghi’s Milan have been this season, they will probably adopt a more cautious approach against the defending champions. Juventus don’t look hugely adventurous under Allegri and their disciplined outlook will be very hard to break down. If you’re expecting an epic showdown with goals at both ends, you’ve probably come to the wrong place, but rest assured, for a grueling tactical battle is on the cards.

Blast From The Past

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
130805 messaggi

2dky5ig.jpg

smrn9d.jpg

MILAN - JUVENTUS

2z65pvc.png- 5zk2vt.png

AC Milan vs. Juventus: Key Issues
That Will Shape Serie a Game

Sep 19, 2014

Juventus travel to Milan on Saturday in what is already a top-of-the-table clash. The teams are joined by Roma as the only sides to have gleaned maximum points from the opening two rounds of Serie A.

While the Bianconeri have seemingly sat atop the division without interruption for the last three years, it has been a very different story for the San Siro giants. Following their Scudetto triumph in 2010-11, Milan finished second in 2011-12 and third in 2012-13, but endured a truly dire 2013-14 campaign.

Limping over the line as low as eighth, the Rossoneri fired both Massimiliano Allegri and Clarence Seedorf, the two coaches who had overseen their fall from grace. Filippo Inzaghi has now been given an opportunity to show he can improve upon his predecessor’s failings, and the signs so far are encouraging.

With victories over Lazio and Parma, the former Italian international has enjoyed a buoyant start, but the visit of the reigning champions will provide a much sterner test. The coach recognises there is still much work to do, but he believes that his players are ready to take on Juventus this weekend.

"In a one-off match we can have our say and make up for the quality gap with other things," Inzaghi told Sky Sport Italia (h/t Football Italia) this week.

Supporters of Milan will certainly hope that is true, and over the following pages is a look at the issues that will shape this encounter.

Nigel de Jong vs. Arturo Vidal

While Arturo Vidal’s continued excellence—discussed at length here—has been well documented, Nigel de Jong’s impact at Milan has been much more understated. The Dutch midfielder joined the Rossoneri two years ago, but he endured an injury-hit first campaign on the peninsula, making just 12 starts.

De Jong became an essential member of the team upon his return last season, with stats site WhoScored.com showing he averaged 2.2 tackles and 2.8 interceptions per game. The same source also highlights his 91.4 per cent pass completion rate, connecting on an average of 58.4 attempts per outing.

Placed in the centre of the pitch, he will be tasked with shadowing Juve’s all-action Chilean star, and the winner of their battle could well decide the outcome of this meeting.

Milan’s Defensive Woes

Inzaghi will have to resolve the defensive problems which have blighted his side's first two matches of the season.

After gifting Lazio an own goal and a penalty, the Rossoneri back line was in an even more generous mood against Parma last weekend.

While the 5-4 result provided excellent entertainment, the performance of the Milan defence was cause for much concern. Daniele Bonera will be suspended following his red card, while Alex is likely to miss the match with injury, which leaves Adil Rami and Cristian Zapata as the likely starters.

If they can jell and provide a solid performance against Carlos Tevez and Fernando Llorente, then the home side may be able to contend.

Should they fail, however, the Bianconeri have the weapons to make them pay heavily for any mistakes.

Filippo Inzaghi vs. Massimiliano Allegri

While the two teams are certain to provide an entertaining spectacle, fans should perhaps keep at least one eye on the sidelines throughout the match. Massimiliano Allegri was a surprise choice by Juventus, and his past with Milan is the focus of the interesting matchup between the two coaches.

An injured Inzaghi was omitted from the Rossoneri's Champions League squad back in 2011, news Allegri said the striker did not take well, per Forza Italian Football. That dislike only grew as the player retired and took a position in the youth sector, ending in an angry exchange at the club’s training ground.

Inzaghi reportedly told Allegri that he was not taking his job seriously, while Allegri retorted by accusing the younger man of trying to take his job, per Football Italia. He has now done just that, making their first head-to-head meeting one not to miss!

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
130805 messaggi

2dky5ig.jpg

34e7ujn.jpg

MILAN - JUVENTUS

2z65pvc.png- 5zk2vt.png

Buffon: AC Milan Can Challenge
Juventus For The Scudetto

Sep 19, 2014

Juventus goalkeeper Gianluigi Buffon believes AC Milan will be serious contenders for the Serie A title this season as the two side’s prepare to square off on Saturday.

The Italian number one feels that the Rossoneri have what it takes to challenge Juventus atop the Serie A and was full of praise for new Milan coach Pippo Inzaghi.

“I see a team who is as bubbly and lively as their coach,” Buffon told Sky Sport Italia.

“Inzaghi is transmitting those particular qualities he had as a player to his team. He has excellent ideas about the game and it shows.

“In their games so far they have played attacking football, as he likes, and their positive results will give them confidence in what they can do.”

The legendary Azzuri goalkeeper also felt that the absence of European football for Milan this season will benefit them as they look to improve on their eighth place finish in 2013/2014.

“Having no cups to play in and just focusing on the league will help Milan be a serious candidate for the top three and could even challenge us for first place if they get things right.”

Milan have surprised many with their start to the season and they go into this weekend’s clash with the Bianconeri joint top with six points from their opening two fixtures.

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
130805 messaggi

2dky5ig.jpg

xlf6gm.gif

MILAN - JUVENTUS

2z65pvc.png- 5zk2vt.png

AC Milan v Juventus: Preview

Sep 19, 2014

AC Milan coach Filippo Inzaghi believes his team must turn in a flawless performance on Saturday if they are to surprise Juventus at the Giuseppe Meazza stadium.

The Italian champions, coached by former AC Milan tactician Massimiliano Allegri, remain perfect this season after Tuesday's 2-0 triumph over Malmo in their Champions League group opener.

That result followed their 1-0 victory at Chievo in their league opener and last weekend's 2-0 success over Udinese.

Milan have also enjoyed a fine start to the campaign and they followed their 3-1 triumph over Lazio with a 5-4 victory at Parma last time out.

Inzaghi praised his players for their attitude in that game and believes the same approach will be required against Juve.

``My players were fantastic against Parma,'' he said. ``It was a difficult game but this team has a great spirit of sacrifice and willingness to fight right now.

``Against Juventus we will need to play a perfect game.

``We have nothing to lose because they are stronger, but in football you never know.

``I hope that the San Siro and our fans can help us achieve a miracle.''

Juve have not given away a goal in all competitions since April 28, when they won 3-1 at Sassuolo.

Inzaghi is hoping to have strikers Fernando Torres and Stephan El Shaarawy available for selection.

Both players missed the clash at Parma with ankle injuries.

Torres has yet to make his Rossoneri debut since joining Milan on loan from Chelsea this summer.

Allegri is unlikely to get a warm reception when he returns to the San Siro for the first time since being dismissed by Milan in January.

Allegri, who guided Milan for four years and led them to the scudetto in his first season in charge, is satisfied with his Juve's start to the campaign but expects a lot more from his players.

``We are doing well,'' he said. ``But I believe this team has the quality to improve a lot more.''

The hosts will be without suspended defender Daniele Bonera.

Juve travel to Milan without injured midfielders Andrea Pirlo and Arturo Vidal, but will be bolstered by the return of defender Giorgio Chiellini from suspension.

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
130805 messaggi

2dky5ig.jpg

xofhxd.jpg

MILAN - JUVENTUS

2z65pvc.png- 5zk2vt.png

AC Milan-Juventus Betting Preview:
Back Allegri to get one over on his former team

Having enjoyed a seamless start to life at the helm of the champions, Al Hain-Cole expects
the former Rossoneri coach to oversee a victory against a team in transition.

Sep 19, 2014

Massimiliano Allegri will return to his former stomping ground on Saturday night, as Juventus visit the San Siro to take on AC Milan.

Having overseen three wins from three in all competitions since replacing Antonio Conte this summer, the 47-year-old is 13/10 (2.30) favourite with William Hill to secure another victory against the team he left in January.

Also boasting a 100 per cent record since taking over at the beginning of the season, opposite number Pippo Inzaghi is on offer at 11/5 (3.20) to mastermind his biggest three points yet against the club with whome he spent four years as a player.

The two sides have drawn just one of their last 11 Serie A encounters, but you can get odds of 11/5 (3.20) on them sharing the spoils this time out.

Considering he was relieved of his duties by one of their biggest rivals halfway through last season, Allegri was certainly something of a surprise choice to fill the boots of the Azzurri-bound Conte.

However, the 2011 Scudetto-winning manager has enjoyed an almost seamless start to life in Turin, building on the strong defensive foundation and 3-5-2 formation left by his predecessor to familiarly successful effect so far.

Yet to concede a single goal in their three competitive matches, the Bianconeri face the greatest threat to that record against a home team that have scored eight in their opening two matches, including an enthralling 5-4 victory over Parma last time out.

This clash of footballing cultures makes for an intriguing encounter, although the champions’ ability to soak up pressure and expose defensive frailty at the other end of the pitch makes them worthy favourites against the slightly naive Rossoneri.

Inzaghi admitted that his side would need a "miracle" to overcome a more settled and experienced opponent and, realistically, those 13/10 (2.30) odds seem like the sensible bet on Allegri getting one over on his former club with a fourth consecutive Juventus victory in this fixture.

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
130805 messaggi

2dky5ig.jpg

swcy9l.png

MILAN - JUVENTUS

2z65pvc.png- 5zk2vt.png

Inzaghi: Milan have nothing to lose

Sep 19, 2014

Pippo Inzaghi admits he’d rather face Juventus later in the season, but says whilst Milan ‘have nothing to lose’, they aren’t already beaten.

The Rossoneri host the Bianconeri at San Siro on Saturday evening for a Week 3 clash between two sides currently on maximum points.

Despite the equal records heading into this encounter, Milan’s Coach has looked to make clear who the favourites are.

“Tomorrow will be a great game, I am happy for my team. We can play having little to lose,” Inzaghi has told reporters in today’s pre-match Press conference.

“We know of their strength, but we have the advantage of playing at San Siro, the fans can help us. We will need to play the classic perfect match and we will give it our all.”

It was put to Inzaghi that Milan’s experience and his in having already faced this Juventus in pre-season would be an advantage.

“In the Trofeo TIM we played them at our maximum. I do not know if it is an advantage because that was a particular tournament.

“We played with great spirit, a true team, and that should be our strength.

“I look at the growth of my team and say that perhaps it would be better to deal with them in a few months, when we could have a greater certainty.

“Juve are stronger, they have not conceded a goal since April 28. We do not know how far behind Juve we are, but we do know where we have started from.

“We cannot expect to be at their level, but in a single game a lot can happen. We know of their strength, but we do not go out there already beaten.

“We will play 11 against 11 to the best of our ability, hoping to grow further. Again, San Siro with the crowd can help us to do our work.”

In the Diavolo’s 11, though, uncertainty surrounds the four at the back.

“The team is calm, the results give us confidence. To improve the defence we must all work, but after two games we cannot be perfect. We have to be happy with what we have done - there are issues to be resolved, it is normal that there are flaws.

“We know where we have started from, I repeated, and I know that we need to improve.”

In attack, the options are improved.

“In every department I am spoilt for choice. I have seven strikers and I will evaluate after each match who will be best.

“Today my staff will assess who the right players will be to put in against Juve - having abundance is definitely better because people can also do very well from the bench.”

Two of those options may be back from respective ankle injuries - Stephan El Shaarawy and Fernando Torres.

“Torres wanted to recover in time for Parma, and up to 7pm was aiming to get on the bench, but we decided not to risk it.

“I see both him and El Shaarawy as motivated and very well, I will decide in the end.”

At the other end, speculation is on how Inzaghi will stop Carlos Tevez in particular - it is seen that he is preparing Nigel de Jong to mark the Argentine.

“I know of the importance of De Jong and I am not surprised. We are making special arrangements, with humility we study our opponents and try to find the right countermeasures.

“We will try to give the team as much certainty as possible, we must try to stand up to Juventus, it would be incredibly important for morale.

“I will look at the result, but I will also give importance to what I want to see on the field, the improvement of the team. The game comes at a good moment, we are focused, San Siro will be full and it will be the best for any player.”

Adriano Galliani revealed in an interview today that Milan did consider Antonio Conte this summer, before turning to Inzaghi - the Vice-President also compared the two Coaches.

“It is normal that Milan have thought of Conte, as he has been the best Coach of the past few years.

“Knowing Antonio, I know that there are certain things we have in common, such as those of values, principles and rules.”

And then Silvio Berlusconi was quoted as saying Milan under this Coach can aim for the Scudetto.

“I do not know if we can win, I am just focused on the development. We have to be realistic. I am convinced that this team can do better.

“I have looked to restore the values of the DNA of Milan - after a few months I can assure you that the team has received the message.

“I am not sure if we will contend right away, but Milan must always be ambitious - by the end of December we will be able to draw our first conclusions.”

This weekend pits Inzaghi against former Milan Coach Max Allegri - the two notably rowed during the final months of Allegri’s term at San Siro.

“No, it is Milan against Juventus. There have been misunderstandings in the past but they have been clarified.

“Let’s enjoy the match in a full San Siro.”

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
130805 messaggi

2dky5ig.jpg

xofhxd.jpg

MILAN - JUVENTUS

2z65pvc.png- 5zk2vt.png

Evra: Juventus will show Milan who's boss

The Frenchman has insisted that the titleholders remain the team to beat,
while taking time out to praise young compatriot Kingsley Coman.

Sep 19, 2014

Patrice Evra has declared that Juventus will show AC Milan why they are Serie A's reigning champions when the two sides collide on Saturday.

Both sides have collected six points from their opening two league games and Evra is determined to show the San Siro side that the Bianconeri remain the team to beat in Italy.

"Milan have home advantage but it’s down to us to show that we’re the champions and want to win," the former Manchester United full-back told his club's official website.

"It’s a difficult game, but I can’t wait to play. This was exactly the type of match I wanted to be involved in when I signed for Juventus."

The Frenchman then went on to praise compatriot and team-mate Kingsley Coman, given the youngster's fine performances in the openings weeks of the 2014-15 season.

"Coman has really impressed me," Evra admitted. "When you’re a young player people tell you how good you are, but if you don’t have the right mentality you’ll never go anywhere.

"Kingsley, however, wants to work hard and has his feet on the ground. Besides, his dad has given me permission to get tough with him if he doesn’t listen."

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
130805 messaggi

2dky5ig.jpg

swcy9l.png

MILAN - JUVENTUS

2z65pvc.png- 5zk2vt.png

Allegri: Juventus respect Milan

Sep 19, 2014

Massimiliano Allegri admits facing Milan will be unique and that whilst his Juventus are strong, they hold respect for the Rossoneri.

The 47-year-old will come up against his former employers on Saturday evening in the visitors’ dugout at San Siro, in a first return to the stadium as a Coach since his sacking by the Rossoneri in January.

And for the former Cagliari boss, tomorrow will be an occasion like no other.

“Tomorrow for me will be a game like no other - I would not be human if I said otherwise,” Allegri had conceded to reporters today.

“I’m not a machine, I’m a man. I lived three-and-a-half intense years at Milan, we won one Scudetto together, a Super Cup.

“I spent three-and-a-half unforgettable years there, which are now part of the past of my professional life and even human, because when you’re in a club for many years, and then in a city, you also have relationships that go beyond the professional world.

“So, for me, tomorrow will be an evening with strong emotions, because it is normal for this.”

Allegri will come up against Pippo Inzaghi, who he notably rowed with during the final months of his tenure at San Siro.

“Let’s say that Filippo and I have two completely different stories, at a professional level, in the sense that he was a great champion, has won everything as a player.

“My career as a player cannot be compared to his, not even a 10th. As regards the technical aspect, the Coach, I started long before him.

“I began with small teams and through the results fortunately I was able to Coach Milan and Juventus, as well as the first three years in Serie A with Cagliari.

“He has been fortunate to take responsibility at Milan immediately, which is practically his home. I wish him all the luck in the world, but maybe the day after tomorrow, because I’d like to win tomorrow.”

Under Inzaghi the Rossoneri are rejuvenated, and Allegri was asked what has changed from last season.

“At this time the strength of Milan is there, even if they still want to hide it, but I think that they had a good transfer market.

“They signed six or seven major players and starters for the team. The last two, Torres and Bonaventura, are two important players of great quality, technically and above all in morale.

“They’re rebuilding what certainly has been lost a little in the last six months. Inzaghi has done very well to have restored enthusiasm to a club that over the past six months has had difficulties.

“So, right now the thing we must do is to not have fear - we must prepare ourselves for the fact that we find a team that in addition to having good technical qualities has enthusiasm and the desire for revenge, desire to prove that they too can fight for the top three places.

“Tomorrow will be an important game for them for the rest of the season, even though we’re only at the third round. It’s too soon to talk about the Scudetto or other things.”

It was put to Allegri that his side are favourites tomorrow.

“No, we are not favourites because I think that they, like us, have prepared for the match and they are preparing in the best way because tomorrow is Milan-Juventus.

“It will be a fascinating challenge, beautiful as it has always been, in a full stadium and I believe that such a challenge at this time can only be good for Italian football.

“It will definitely be a good game, where you will see two teams trying to win over one another, this is the important thing.

“We will try to do everything possible to get a positive result, knowing that we face a team that is doing well right now, as evidenced by the points they have, a team that scores a lot of goals, that has scored eight goals in two games, so we must be careful.

“Favourites? Usually in these games there is never a favourite. Playing at San Siro is never easy for any team.

“We must have the knowledge that we are a strong squad, but we have great respect for Milan.”

For Milan’s strength in attack, they have also conceded a fair number of goals, where Juve have yet to concede.

“I think the Parma game was a strange one - usually in the season there are strange games where there are lots of goals and at Parma this was the case.

“The fourth Parma goal was through the injury to the goalkeeper and there were another two or three situations that are difficult to see happening again in another game.

“I think that the game they played against Lazio is where they played well, where they showed signs of strength.

“Then, tomorrow is a game unlike any other, because Milan-Juventus is always a different game. To play at San Siro is not easy and to play against Milan at this time is not easy, just as for Milan it is not easy to play against Juventus.”

Arturo Vidal’s availability for tomorrow is a point of discussion.

“Vidal trained with the team a while yesterday - he will work with team today and then we’ll decide whether to send him on to the field from the beginning or start on the bench. However, he has taken a step forward and I’m happy.”

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
130805 messaggi

2dky5ig.jpg

swcy9l.png

MILAN - JUVENTUS

2z65pvc.png- 5zk2vt.png

Milan-Juve personal for Pippo

Pride as well as points will be on offer when Milan and Juventus
clash this weekend, writes Sam Lewis.

Sep 19, 2014

When Milan and Juventus meet on Saturday night at San Siro, the returning Massimiliano Allegri will no doubt greet his opposite number Filippo Inzaghi.

They will shake hands, smile and perhaps even share a comment. Despite what will appear to be a cordial meeting, it would be unsurprising if tensions were bubbling under the surface, lost amid the flash photography and well-rehearsed smiles.

Why? Because the match at the Giuseppe Meazza will be the third time that Inzaghi and Allegri have clashed – only this time it’s the first time it happens on a football pitch.

Although the initial fallout is believed to be a training ground argument in September 2012 when the newly retired Inzaghi was experiencing his first month as youth Coach at the Rossoneri, the discord between the former Milan Coach and the current one goes back to the final season of Pippo’s playing days.

In the 2011-12 season, Inzaghi was essentially ostracised from the team, playing few meaningful minutes all year. Despite signing a one year extension after fighting through what could have been a career ending ACL injury in November 2010, Inzaghi only saw seven games all term, scoring just once. The frustration at the lack of playing time nearly drove the striker to a loan move away from Milan to relegation threatened Siena in January 2012. Only Inzaghi’s decision to retire at the Rossoneri – from the bench or not – kept him at Via Turati.

That anger seemed to spill over into the following September in what became a notorious spat – Allegri reportedly goading Inzaghi, giornalaccio rosa dello Sport reporting that the former Cagliari tactician asked if the then 39-year-old wanted his job.

“Sure, I’ll take it and do even better,” the former forward allegedly replied.

What followed was an altercation that involved Inzaghi calling his former coach an ‘amateur’, criticising his training methods and style in front of a group of young players. The two made peace in front of Milan Channel cameras after a hasty meeting with Rossoneri senior management, but the confrontation will no doubt be a motivator for both Coaches, now equals in their professions.

Inzaghi’s Rossoneri have started well, going two for two while scoring eight goals in the process, the Diavolo a whirlwind of attacking flair in the opening weeks of the Serie A season. Although Milan have already faced formidable opponents in Lazio and Parma, the defending champions Juventus are by far the sternest test yet.

Allegri’s first few months in Bianconero has also gone swimmingly – holding on to Arturo Vidal and Paul Pogba while remaining undefeated in Serie A and the Champions League without conceding a goal is mightily impressive. The side that Andrea Agnelli has built in Turin is the best that his new Coach has ever been in charge of but the ease in which the transition has been made is no doubt reassuring for Juventus fans. Allegri will hope to further cement that feeling at the weekend.

For Inzaghi, in just his third match as a Coach of senior players, the Juventus match-up is a chance to prove himself against a club that famously cast him aside for David Trezeguet in 2001, coached by a man who doubted his impact as both a player and a tactician.

However, perhaps most importantly, it is an opportunity to show that what was once said on a training ground just under two years ago was more than just a joke. It was a promise.

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
130805 messaggi

2dky5ig.jpg

xofhxd.jpg

MILAN - JUVENTUS

2z65pvc.png- 5zk2vt.png

Allegri: We must respect Milan

The Juventus trainer says his side will not be taking the Rossoneri
lightly when the teams face each other at San Siro on Saturday.

Sep 19, 2014

Juventus coach Massimiliano Allegri says his side must respect Milan ahead of the two teams' Serie A clash at San Siro on Saturday.

The Turin giants and the Rossoneri experienced vastly different levels of success last term, with the former winning their 30th league title by 17 points the latter finishing eighth, thereby missing out on qualification for European football this term.

But Allegri says meetings between the two giants of Italian football will always have a special feel - particularly from his perspective, given he previously coached the San Siro club.

"Milan-Juve is always a game unlike any other," the 47-year-old said.

"For me it will be an evening of excitement and it is normal for it to be so ... I'm not a machine, and if I said otherwise I would not be human.

"I spent three and a half beautiful [years in Milan]. Those are now part of the my past personally and professionally.

"My relationship with [Milan vice-president Adriano] Galliani has always been great and the same goes for the president and for anyone who has worked at Milan."

The Rossoneri have made a perfect start to the Serie A season so far, winning both their league games, and Allegri was quick to praise the rebuilding job undertaken by coach Filippo Inzaghi.

"They have had a good transfer window, bringing in six or seven important players like [Fernando] Torres and [Giacomo] Bonaventura, who have technical quality.

"Inzaghi did well to restore enthusiasm to a team that in the last six months has had some difficulties and we must now prepare for a side that, in addition to having quality, will want revenge and to prove that they can fight for the top three places. Saturday will be an important game for them.

"In these games you can never tell [what the result will be] and playing at San Siro is not easy for anyone. We know we're strong, but we must have great respect for Milan. "

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
130805 messaggi

2dky5ig.jpg

xofhxd.jpg

MILAN - JUVENTUS

2z65pvc.png- 5zk2vt.png

Inzaghi: We have nothing to lose against Juventus

The Milan boss is happy with his side's perfect start to the season
and hopes they will continue that form when they take on the Bianconeri on Saturday.

Sep 19, 2014

Milan coach Filippo Inzaghi says his team have nothing to lose in their Serie A clash with Juventus at San Siro on Saturday.

The Rossoneri have made a perfect start to the season so far, winning both their league games, and hope to continue that form after a disappointing last campaign in which they finished eighth and failed to qualify for Europe.

"It is a big game and I'm happy for my team. We have six points and we will play the game with nothing to lose," the 41-year-old explained.

"I repeated this idea to my team. We will play in a full San Siro and that could help us to succeed, to have the perfect match ... I do not know if this will happen, but we will give it our all.

"I'm not sure where we will finish, but I know where we started. We can not expect to be like [three-time defending Serie A champions] Juventus.

"We are no longer the Milan who could take to the field without worrying about the opposition, but in a one-off game we hope to make up for all this with our desire."

The former striker, who featured for both clubs in an illustrious playing career, also talked about his side's recent progess.

"The results have given us confidence, but we are not perfect and we need to improve," he went on.

"We need to be happy but also aware of our problems ... I'm satisfied with the job and with the desire that we will improve further.

"We must try to keep up with Juventus. A win would be great for our morale - I can't wait for this game."

The former Italy star also talked about his relationship with Juventus coach Massimiliano Allegri, who he previously worked under whilst playing at Milan.

"I've had some misunderstandings with Allegri, but these have always been clarified," he continued.

"From each coach who coached me, I learned something. Allegri prepares in a very technical way and will make life difficult.

"He has a great team and I wish him all the best - maybe after the game tomorrow night!", he added.

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
130805 messaggi

2dky5ig.jpg

swcy9l.png

MILAN - JUVENTUS

2z65pvc.png- 5zk2vt.png

Vidal back in Juve squad

Sep 19, 2014

Max Allegri has named a 23-man squad for Juventus’ Week 3 trip to Milan and includes Arturo Vidal in the party.

The Chilean has missed the Bianconeri’s last two games with a thigh complaint picked up during the last international break, but has been training recently with a view to involvement this weekend.

On from Allegri hinting at optimism on the 27-year-old’s condition, he has included him in a 23-man squad for tomorrow’s match at San Siro.

There is no place, however, for Andrea Barzagli or Andrea Pirlo, who continue their recovery work on respective injuries.

Juventus squad to face Milan: Buffon, Storari, Rubinho, Chiellini, Caceres, Ogbonna, Bonucci, Lichtsteiner, Evra, Romulo, Pogba, Pepe, Marchisio, Padoin, Asamoah, Vidal, Pereira, Mattiello, Morata, Tevez, Coman, Giovinco, Llorente

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
130805 messaggi

2dky5ig.jpg

swcy9l.png

MILAN - JUVENTUS

2z65pvc.png- 5zk2vt.png

Milan call up Torres, SES

Sep 19, 2014

Pippo Inzaghi has included both Stephan El Shaarawy and Fernando Torres in his Milan squad to face Juventus tomorrow night.

The Rossoneri were without the attacking duo last weekend through respective ankle injuries, but are able to name both in the squad for Week 3’s top-of-the-table clash with the Bianconeri.

Inzaghi, who is without the suspended Daniele Bonera and injured Diego Lopez, Riccardo Saponara and Riccardo Montolivo, has called up a total of 24 players, including seven forwards.

Juventus, meanwhile, have been able to list Arturo Vidal in their squad for the San Siro match.

Coach Inzaghi used today’s Press conference to play down expectation surrounding his players, saying they have ‘nothing to lose’ tomorrow.

Milan squad to face Juventus: Abbiati, Agazzi, Gori, Abate, Albertazzi, Armero, De Sciglio, Mexes, Rami, Zaccardo, Zapata, Essien, De Jong, Mastalli, Muntari, Poli, Van Ginkel, Bonaventura, El Shaarawy, Honda, Menez, Niang, Pazzini, Torres

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
Ospite
Questa discussione è chiusa.

• Chi sta navigando   0 utenti

Nessun utente registrato visualizza questa pagina.

• Crea Nuovo...