MILAN - JUVENTUS

2z65pvc.png- 5zk2vt.png

Saturday, September 20th, 2014 8:45 PM
Giuseppe Meazza (San Siro) Stadium - Milan
Referee: ‬Nicola Rizzoli

Allegri: AC Milan-Juventus Will Be
An Emotional Match For Me

Sep 19, 2014

Juventus coach Massimiliano Allegri admits that Saturday night’s match against AC Milan will not be a normal match for him due to his past with the Rossoneri.

The match will be the first time the 47-year-old squares off against his former side after being sacked last January, and he admits it will be a special occasion.

“Tomorrow will not be a match like the others for me, otherwise if I said so I wouldn’t be human,” Allegri stated at his pre-match press conference.

“I am not a machine, I am a man. I had three and a half intense years with Milan. We con a Scudetto, Supercoppa together and they were certainly unforgettable years that are now part of the past of my professional and personal life.

“Therefore tomorrow night will be a match with strong emotions for me because it is normal that it is that way.

“The battle with Inzaghi? Let’s say that me and Filippo have two stories that are completely different. I am talking on a professional level in the sense that he was a star, won everything as a player therefore my career cannot be compared to his.

“I started before him, I coached Milan after Cagliari while he was lucky enough to coach them right away, a team that is his home. I wish him all the luck in the world after tomorrow, because tomorrow I want to win.”

Arturo Vidal is back after overcoming his injury concerns, though Allegri revealed he is unsure whether he will start.

“Vidal’s recovery is another important thing: yesterday he trained with the squad for a bit. Today he will work with us and then I will decide whether to start him or bring him on the bench.

“However he has taken some steps forward and this is good. Now we are also waiting for Andrea [Pirlo] during the week.

“[Andrea] Barzagli and [Luca] Marrone are missing and I hope to have everyone in good shape soon because it would be good with so many matches: it is impossible to think that the same players will always play.”

http://www.goal.com/en/results-standings/69/italy-serie-a/table?ICID=SP_TN_111

Condividi questo messaggio

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
130805 messaggi

2dky5ig.jpg

xlf6gm.gif

MILAN - JUVENTUS

2z65pvc.png- 5zk2vt.png

50-50 Challenge: AC Milan vs. Juventus

Sep 19, 2014

Last season's Serie A champions Juventus travel to the San Siro on Saturday to face Pippo Inzaghi's AC Milan. Sumeet Paul (AC Milan) and Mina Rzouki (Juventus) discuss the match and who will claim bragging rights.

Sum up the rivalry between the two teams

Sumeet Paul: Although perhaps not as intense as the Turin or Milan rivalries, these Serie A giants have often clashed as they are two of the more successful teams on the peninsula. But given the circumstances surrounding this particular match, the rivalry threatens to become more prominent as Massimiliano Allegri returns to San Siro while Pippo Inzaghi faces his former club.

Naturally, Sulley Muntari's 'ghost goal' is a poignant recent reminder of how things can turn sour between the two, but any time they face each other it is a spectacle in which both teams are desperate to prevail.

Mina Rzouki: When one thinks of Italy's best two teams, one cannot help but think of Milan and Juve. While the latter has always focused on domestic success, winning countless trophies while developing Italian talent, the former is responsible for enhancing the reputation of the country on the European stage as well as of course, creating a tactical revolution.

Italy can be proud of the history of these two winning clubs, and while there is always an intense rivalry between such celebrated giants, there is also mutual respect for what they have achieved. Respect, that at times, can be forgotten especially when phantom goals are on the agenda.

Both clubs have experienced a negative period in the last decade, and while Juve had Antonio Conte, a former player, to catapult them back to glory, the Rossoneri hope their own former player, Filippo Inzaghi can do the same for them this season after suffering from the pain of mediocrity last year.

Regardless of form, these matches always provide entertainment due to the competitive atmosphere that fills the stadium. One only hopes Saturday's night contest can live up to expectations.

How is your form going into the match?

SP: Milan have won both their opening Serie A games this season, scoring eight goals and conceding five in the process as the entertainment factor returns to San Siro.

Inzaghi will undoubtedly want to see better organisation and solidity defensively, but the Rossoneri look dangerous going forward and confidence is high as the new coach continues to instil a positive atmosphere at the club.

It will be vital to keep that momentum going though, and a win over Juventus will be a significant boost in giving the team conviction that they can also compete with their direct rivals too.

MR: Many feared that Antonio Conte's departure would result in a downturn in fortune for the Bianconeri, but former Milan coach Massimiliano Allegri has only tasted the sweet taste of victory in all his competitive matches this season with the Old Lady.

Usually lethargic at the start of the new season, Allegri's Juve by contrast is intense, motivated and rather attractive to watch. Combining real intensity with excellent ball-handling skills, the formation may be the same but there is greater emphasis on the players' technique.

Convincing wins against Chievo Verona and Udinese, Juventus were hardly brilliant in the Champions League game against Malmo but yet still managed a victory. The last time they won their opening game in the group stage of the competition was back in 2008.

What is even more impressive is the fact they have kept three clean sheets, demonstrating that not only is their attack capable of grabbing the necessary goals but that the team still boast defensive security -- something Milan cannot say at this point.

X Factor

SP: Jeremy Menez. Not only has the Frenchman scored three times in two games, albeit twice from the penalty spot, but he has been fundamental to the 4-3-3 system in his 'false nine' position.

Whether it's setting up play from a deeper position or attacking defenders with his pace and skill, Menez is undoubtedly relishing his role through the middle and is desperate to repay the faith shown in him by the club. Should Inzaghi change personnel at all, Stephan El Shaarawy will also look to have an impact on Saturday night while Fernando Torres will hope to feature.

MR: Carlos Tevez is the man most likely to make an impact. Inzaghi has reportedly spent time devising strategies and plans to neutralise the forward's strengths.

Under Allegri, the Argentine has free licence to roam in the final third, playing in between the lines, assisting his teammates and arriving at just the right moment to finish off his chances. He is more confident than ever and is enjoying the added responsibility, as evidenced by his two goals in the Champions League game against Malmo earlier in the week.

As such, Inzaghi is looking to rely on Nigel De Jong to help hinder Tevez's capabilities on the pitch, ensuring that when he drops deep, he cannot influence the game in the way only he knows how.

Fear Factor

SP: Given the talent in Juventus' squad, it is difficult to single out one individual in particular with the likes of Arturo Vidal, Paul Pogba and Claudio Marchisio forming a formidable midfield, even in Andrea Pirlo's absence. However, Carlos Tevez is in form and has been highlighted by Inzaghi as the danger man.

Nigel De Jong is expected to play a crucial role in nullifying his threat, but ultimately, the Argentinian is a world class player and has the ability to influence a game at any given moment, whether directly or providing for his teammates.

MR: Based on his performance against Parma, Jeremy Menez might just be the most dangerous player Milan have at the moment. The Frenchman is enjoying his freedom in the final third playing as a false number 9 where he can both create and finish.

However, the man to truly fear in this Milan side is their coach, Pippo Inzaghi, who is responsible for injecting enthusiasm back into a giant that seemed on the edge of a big collapse.

The manner in which they celebrate their goals, the clear chemistry between players and staff and the genuine intensity the side is showing are down to Inzaghi, who has not only created a side that believe in the win but one that is willing to fight for him and his reputation.

More importantly, on a sporting level, the Rossoneri look capable of adapting to multiple methods of play -- whether it be absorbing before counter-attacking to devastating effect as demonstrated against Lazio or controlling the ball as they did against Parma. If he continues to develop the team, addressing the obvious weaknesses, could he start a new era at Milan?

Prediction

SP: Milan 1-0 Juventus. In comparison to the first two games, expect this encounter to be much more cagey and intense with the Rossoneri prevailing with the help of a packed San Siro.

MR: Milan 2-2 Juventus. Considering Milan's defence, there's every reason to believe in a Juve win, but enthusiasm might just be enough for the Rossoneri to grab a draw.

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
130805 messaggi

2dky5ig.jpg

6i70qd.jpg

MILAN - JUVENTUS

2z65pvc.png- 5zk2vt.png

Juventus vs. AC Milan Preview: Round 3

Sep 19, 2014

We're only two rounds into the 2014-15 season, so there's no need to seriously jump to conclusions on what exactly is going in the calcio world right now. But let me post this question to all of you: Did we really expect the top of the Serie A table to look like this after two games?

Here's my personal short answer: "No."

Yeah, it's early and the way the table looks right now isn't that important in the grand scheme of things. It's not much of a surprise to see Juventus and Roma a perfect 2 for 2 to start the Serie A season because they clearly entered the season as the two best teams in Italy. But there's Milan on six points as well — not exactly where a good number of people would have pegged them to be after the first couple of weeks this season.

In that sense, it's rather convenient that Juventus and Milan highlight the third round of Serie A action this weekend. The question has already been posed by many: Can Milan hang with Juventus? One team has the superiorly talented squad, and I'm fairly certain we all know which club that is. Milan, however, is getting a lot of attention right now — and probably deservedly so for how they've started a season where expectations from the media and other folks were as low as they could possibly get.

And did I mention that there's also the whole managerial storyline going on here, too?

Once we figured out Max Allegri would be Juventus' manager, we knew this day was going to arrive sooner or later. It just so happens that the Mad Max comeback tour is rolling through the San Siro on the third week of the season instead of a later date on the calendar. Better to get it out of the way early on in the season, I guess. Especially so since Allegri isn't that far removed from his dismissal as Milan manager last season.

All of this added to a matchup between two teams that have had a number of memorable encounters over the years.

GOOD NEWS

Three games played in all competitions, no goals allowed. I'm not just saying this because I'm a former goalkeeper. Although I'm sure San Gigi appreciates the three straight clean sheets to start the season.

BAD NEWS

Arturo Vidal may be back on the callups list for tomorrow night, but there are still big names missing the trip to Milan. The main names are the two bearded Andreas, Pirlo and Barzagli, who are still working their way back from their respective injuries. Also out injured is Luca Marrone, who has yet to appear in a game so far this season.

WHAT TO WATCH FOR

1. Milan's newfound life under Pippo Inzaghi.

I would go on and on about Inzaghi and what has impressed me the most thus far. Or, I can just start this thing off with what James Horncastle had to say about Milan's first-year manager.

Inzaghi's philosophy is his personification. As a player he recognised he wasn't the most technically gifted. This Milan isn't either. He had to work harder to be successful. This Milan does, too. He acknowledged his limits and rather than operate within them, tried to push them. Ditto for Milan.

As much as we want to talk about how this is Allegri returning to his old stomping ground — and it is, no doubt about it — this is also Pippo's biggest test to date as Milan manager. Are Juventus vastly superior and more talented than Milan on paper? Well, yeah. But this game isn't simply won by writing names down and that's it. If anything, Inzaghi is trying to do what Antonio Conte did when he first took over at Juventus — re-instill a mentality, a certain kind of grinta and passion, of years past at the club he loves so much. Milan clearly don't have the big names that they did five, six, seven years ago, but Inzaghi has certainly made Milan into an entertaining watch thus far. That's more than a lot of other teams wish they could say.

2. How will Arturo Vidal factor into Saturday night's game?

The King is back, and now we wait to see how exactly he will be used. Allegri was asked about Vidal during his pre-match press conference on Friday afternoon. This is what he had to say (although who knows if he used Twitter handles):

Not exactly the answer we were looking for, but it's better than nothing ... right? With Vidal being called back up for the first time since Juve's opener against Chievo, it's the green light that says he is at least available to play against Milan. Who knows, maybe it's just a decoy by Allegri to put the thought of Vidal playing into the head of Inzaghi and Milan. "Oh, Arturo's here! Watch out now, you guys!" We'll have to wait until the starting lineups come out to know for sure what Allegri's plans are for Vidal. But he's back — and hopefully healthy for a good amount of time, too.

3. Juventus' defense vs. Milan's attack.

If you had Milan leading the league in goals after two rounds of play, you'd probably be swimming in a nice pile of cash right now. I don't think anybody who isn't named Pippo Inzaghi or is associated with Milan could have imagined that kind of start with everything that has gone on at the club in the last few transfer windows. But pretty much like everything else related to Juventus, this will be the best defense — at least on paper — Milan will be seeing in the early stage of the season. Juve's defense is playing well to start the season, with three straight shutouts out of the gate. But Milan enters will a ton of confidence after dropping a five spot on Parma last weekend.

4. The service to Fernando Llorente.

There is no doubting Llorente is quite good at what he does as a striker. There is also no doubting that even though Juventus totally dominated possession against Malmö on Tuesday night, Llorente was left isolated at the top of the attack for a good portion of the game. It's not exactly the easiest thing in the world to try and send in a cross to Fernando when there's three, four, or even five defenders around his general vicinity. He may be really good in the air, but even those odds aren't very good. The Juventus wingbacks — Stephan Lichtsteiner and Kwadwo Asamoah/Patrice Evra — can send in all the crosses they want to Llorente, but if they don't reach their intended target, then the idea and effectiveness is basically killed off straight away. We know Llorente will do his usual work holding up play. There's just the added dimension to the attack when he gets the chance to take advantage of his prowess in the air.

Oh yeah, one more thing: #vamos.

5. If Carlos Tévez finally scoring in the Champions League the start of something completely awesome.

Guess what we don't have to talk about anymore? Yeah, Carlos Tévez and the Champions League bugaboo. Two goals right out of the shoot against Malmö in the group stage and all the talk from the last five years is thrown right out the window. Count me in as one of those folks who is quite pleased that narrative has been killed. Move on, shall we? Like a lot of other strikers, when Tévez gets rolling, the goals will come in bunches. The hope is that Tévez breaking his long duck in the Champions League will be what kickstarts the Argentinian's form into overdrive. And the last thing Milan wants to see is Carlitos repeating what he did the last time Juventus visited the San Siro.

My starting XI (3-5-2): Buffon; Cáceres, Bonucci, Chiellini; Lichtsteiner, Pereyra, Marchisio, Pogba, Asamoah; Tévez, Llorente

OFFICIAL KICKOFF TIME: 8:45 P.M. IN ITALY; 2:45 P.M. ON THE EAST COAST; 11:45 P.M. ON THE WEST COAST

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
130805 messaggi

2dky5ig.jpg

swcy9l.png

MILAN - JUVENTUS

2z65pvc.png- 5zk2vt.png

‘Milan a battalion of fighters’

Sep 19, 2014

Paolo Rossi has praised Filippo Inzaghi for turning Milan into a ‘battalion of fighters’ since his appointment during the summer.

The Rossoneri had suffered at the hands of increasing parsimony in recent times, but they have kicked off the new season with two straight wins in Serie A, including last week’s astonishing 5-4 victory over Parma.

It’s a start that Italy’s 1982 World Cup hero believes is the fruits of new Coach Inzaghi’s never-say-die approach.

“Inzaghi is turning the team into a battalion of fighters,” Rossi told milannews.it.

“I like the spirit that he has infused inside the dressing room. The players now try to get to every ball first.

“Honestly, I never expected such a roaring start. Milan have great players and Inzaghi has given the team all of his enthusiasm and desire to push the accelerator down immediately.”

Even in this optimism, Rossi insists that facing a team of Juventus’ calibre on Saturday will be a true test of Milan’s progress.

“Two matches, however, are not enough to be able to make a final judgment on a team that have demonstrated excellent quality, but that has defensive gaps that need filling.

“It will be a tough test against the winner of the last three titles, as despite some notable absences, they remain a healthy team. They’re fine and proven in the Champions League.

“It’s likely that this match will tell us if Milan will play a leading role [in the title race] or if they will be subjected to talk of more repairs.

“The foundations are there for a great game. Both teams are leading the championship with really promising starts.”

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
130805 messaggi

2dky5ig.jpg

xofhxd.jpg

MILAN - JUVENTUS

2z65pvc.png- 5zk2vt.png

Tevez: Milan are Juventus Scudetto rivals

The Bianconeri striker talked up Saturday's opponent's chances of topping Serie A
this season and highlighted Stephan El Shaarawy as their most impressive player.

Sep 20, 2014

Carlos Tevez has emphasised that AC Milan are major rivals with Juventus for the Scudetto in 2014-15.

The Italian clubs - who currently occupy the top two in Serie A - clash on Saturday as both look to continue their 100 per cent start to the season.

Milan struggled in the previous campaign, the first half of which current Juve boss Massimiliano Allegri was in charge at San Siro, but Tevez believes that the Rossoneri will be back in the hunt for silverware with Filippo Inzaghi at the helm.

"In Milan, I see a real team, which have a compact design," the striker told La giornalaccio rosa dello Sport. "They are all rowing in the same direction.

"I want to see what they are made of. I'm curious to find out how they will react under pressure. The game is being played at San Siro and such a prestigious club cannot hide in front of their fans in a stadium that is part of the history of world football.

"I expect a good game. And by winning, Juve would send a strong signal, even if the third matchday is a ridiculous time to talk about decisive points.

"I disagree that the Scudetto will be a two-horse race between Juve and Roma. Again, Milan are equipped to do very well. And history compels them to aim for the Scudetto."

Tevez also pinpointed fellow forward Stephan El Shaarawy as the player that catches his eye the most in Milan's team.

"I like El Shaarawy, he has exceptional qualities," the Argentine added. "I think it's time for him to take Milan's fate on to his shoulders. He has the quality to do so."

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
130805 messaggi

2dky5ig.jpg

xofhxd.jpg

MILAN - JUVENTUS

2z65pvc.png- 5zk2vt.png

Milan-Juventus Preview:
Allegri demands Bianconeri show no fear

The coach returns to San Siro looking to extend his side's 100%
record in the league while bringing an end to the Rossoneri's.

Sep 20, 2014

Massimiliano Allegri is urging Juventus to have no fear when he takes his new side to visit former club AC Milan in Serie A on Saturday.

The 47-year-old left San Siro in January this year after a poor run of results saw the club languishing in mid-table.

Milan eventually finished eighth under Clarence Seedorf, while Allegri was appointed as Juve boss following the surprise exit of Antonio Conte in the summer.

Having won three straight Scudetti with Conte at the helm, Juve are looking to Allegri to continue that run of dominance, as well as targeting greater success in Europe after their group-stage exit in the Champions League last season.

Allegri has made a solid start to his tenure, winning each of the opening two league fixtures, but Saturday's trip to Milan represents a stern test of his team's credentials.

"For me it will be a game like no other - I would not be human if I said otherwise," he said. "I'm not a machine, I'm a man.

"Right now the thing we must do is to not have fear. We are not favourites because I think that they, like us, have prepared for the match and they are preparing in the best way because it is Milan-Juventus.

"It will be a fascinating challenge, beautiful as it has always been, in a full stadium and I believe that such a challenge at this time can only be good for Italian football.

"It will definitely be a good game, where you will see two teams trying to win over one another, this is the important thing."

Like Juve, Milan have also started with two wins from their two matches, with last weekend's thrilling 5-4 victory over Parma a sign of both their attacking prowess and defensive vulnerability.

Now under the leadership of Filippo Inzaghi - who played for both clubs and worked under Allegri at Milan - the seven-time European champions are aiming to return to former glories after a disappointing 2013-14 campaign.

"I look at the growth of my team and say that perhaps it would be better to deal with them [Juve] in a few months, when we could have a greater certainty," Inzaghi said.

"Juve are stronger, they have not conceded a goal [in a competitive match] since April 28. We do not know how far behind Juve we are, but we do know where we have started from.

"We cannot expect to be at their level, but in a single game a lot can happen. We know of their strength, but we do not go out there already beaten.

"We will play 11 against 11 to the best of our ability, hoping to grow further. Again, San Siro with the crowd can help us to do our work."

Juve could be boosted by the return of Arturo Vidal, who is fit enough for at least a place on the bench after a knee injury, although Andrea Pirlo (hamstring) and Andrea Barzagli (foot) are not yet available.

For the hosts, new signing Fernando Torres could make his debut after missing the win at Parma with an ankle problem, while Stephan El Shaarawy is also back in the squad after a similar injury.

Daniele Bonera is suspended after being sent off at Parma, while goalkeeper Diego Lopez (thigh) and midfielders Riccardo Saponara (knee) and Riccardo Montolivo (broken leg) remain absent.

HEAD TO HEAD

Serie A ‎- Mar 2, 2014 - AC Milan 0 - Juventus 2
Serie A ‎- Oct 6, 2013 - Juventus 3 - AC Milan 2
Serie A ‎- Apr 21, 2013 - Juventus 1 - AC Milan 0
Coppa Italia - Jan 9, 2013 - Juventus 2 - AC Milan 1
Serie A - Nov 25, 2012 - AC Milan 1 - Juventus 0

LAST FIVE MATCHES

AC MILAN

Sep 14, 2014 - Parma 4 - AC Milan 5 - Serie A
Aug 31, 2014 - AC Milan 3 - Lazio 1 - Serie A
Aug 17, 2014 - Valencia CF 2 - AC Milan 1 - Friendly
Aug 2, 2014 - AC Milan 0 - Liverpool 2 - Friendly
Jul 27, 2014 - AC Milan 1 - Manchester City FC 5 - Friendly

JUVENTUS

Sep 16, 2014 - Juventus 2 - Malmo FF 0 - UCL
Sep 13, 2014 - Juventus 2 - Udinese 0 - Serie A
Aug 30, 2014 - Chievo 0 - Juventus 1 - Serie A
Aug 10, 2014 - A-League All Stars 2 - Juventus 3 - Friendly
Aug 6, 2014 - ISL All Stars 1 - Juventus 8 - Friendly

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
130805 messaggi

2dky5ig.jpg

swcy9l.png

MILAN - JUVENTUS

2z65pvc.png- 5zk2vt.png

Tevez: 'Milan, what are you made of?'

Sep 20, 2014

Carlos Tevez challenged Milan to “show what they’re made of” in tonight’s top of the table clash with Juventus.

It kicks off at 20.45 CET at a sold out San Siro in front of 78,681 spectators.

“Milan-Juventus is a big game in a legendary stadium. Playing it is wonderful and it’d be even better to win,” the Argentine told La giornalaccio rosa dello Sport.

“Milan are a real united team and so far this season they are all rowing in the same direction. I am curious to see how they react under pressure, because it is up to them to show what they’re made of, whereas we are at the top for three years. I expect an entertaining match and if we win it will be a strong signal.

“I do not agree with those who say the Scudetto race is a head-to-head between Juve and Roma, as the Milanese clubs also seem strong to me and ready for the challenge.

“Stephan El Shaarawy is one of my favourite players, as he has exceptional natural qualities and can become a leader.”

This is a new beginning for Juventus too, as Antonio Conte left two days into pre-season training to make way for ex-Milan Coach Max Allegri.

“I could already sense in May that Conte was going to leave,” confessed Tevez.

“Allegri is more relaxed and he knows a lot about football. He has already earned everyone’s respect.”

The Bianconeri began their Champions League campaign with a 2-0 victory over Malmo thanks to Tevez’s brace.

“The Champions League mustn’t be an obsession. We should take it one game at a time.”

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
130805 messaggi

2dky5ig.jpg

swcy9l.png

MILAN - JUVENTUS

2z65pvc.png- 5zk2vt.png

MATCH PREVIEW

Sep 20, 2014

Milan and Juventus head into a top-of-the-table clash both looking to maintain 100 per cent starts to the Serie A season.

Filippo Inzaghi's boyish exuberance will likely never be curbed, and he must have thought that he was in a candy shop last Sunday as the former goal poacher witnessed his Rossoneri score five away from home.

Yet for all their hard work going forward, the team were leaking goals at the other end - even so, post-match to Sky Sport Italia, Pippo's pride shone through.

“I saw the moves that we tried out in training used to score great goals, but I also saw that we conceded on every chance that we allowed. It was a very open game, but I think there can be few doubts that Milan deserved to win.”

Inzaghi did however acknowledge the frailties of a team who have almost conceded as many goals as they have scored in their two opening games. With this in mind, the visit of La Vecchia Signora could prove to be a fist-fight too far as not only has The Old Lady yet to concede this term, she also packs quite a punch.

The Bianconeri are on a nine match winning streak stretching back to their last League defeat against Napoli in March earlier this year. A slender opening day win over Chievo has since been consolidated by 2-0 victories over Udinese and Malmo, thanks in part to three goals from a rejuvenated Carlos Tevez.

Massimiliano Allegri's decision to start the Argentine last weekend was thought to be a risky ploy but it proved dividends and perhaps more importantly from the club's perspective, it allowed them a winning start in the Champions League. Too many draws cost Juve qualification from their group last season, so the Coach will be encouraged by their winning start.

Milan are without the injured Riccardo Montolivo, Diego Lopez, Alex and Riccardo Saponara.

Giorgio Chiellini returns from suspension whilst Luca Marrone and Andrea Pirlo are injured. Arturo Vidal also remains a doubt for the Bianconeri.

Keep an eye on: Fernando Torres (Milan) - The former Liverpool and Chelsea striker resumed training this week along with Stephen El Shaarawy as they both tried to shake off ankle injuries. The Spaniard is yet to debut for Milan following his two-year loan move and is looking for redemption - and to prove he still knows his route to goal.

Form Guide: Milan ( - - -W W) Juventus ( - - -W W)

Last season: Milan 0-2 Juventus

Stat fact:
Milan have won their last six consecutive Serie A games at San Siro but Juventus have kept a clean sheet in eight of their last nine away games in the League.

Milan (probable): Abiati; Abate, Rami, Zapata, De Sciglio; Poli, De Jong, Muntari; Honda, Menez, Bonaventura

Suspended: Bonera

Juventus (probable): Buffon; Caceres, Bonucci, Chiellini; Lichtsteiner, Pogba, Marchisio, Pereyra; Evra, Llorente, Tevez

Suspended: None

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
130805 messaggi

2dky5ig.jpg

swcy9l.png

MILAN - JUVENTUS

2z65pvc.png- 5zk2vt.png

Abbiati: 'Hunger and aggression'

Sep 20, 2014

Christian Abbiati assured Milan will face Juventus “with hunger and sporting aggression” tonight.

Diego Lopez is injured, so Abbiati goes in goal against one of his former clubs.

“It will be wonderful to play at a sold out San Siro, as that is really satisfying and motivating,” Abbiati told Milan Channel.

The Rossoneri are joint top of the table with a 100 per cent record, sharing that spot with Juventus and Roma.

“It won’t be easy for us, but I’m sure it is going to be a great game. We are doing great work and are on the right track, but there’s a long way to go and we don’t achieve anything after two games.

“Tonight will be a real test against a team that dominated Serie A in recent years. We’ll go out there with hunger and sporting aggression.”

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
130805 messaggi

2dky5ig.jpg

swcy9l.png

MILAN - JUVENTUS

2z65pvc.png- 5zk2vt.png

Inzaghi: 'I'd marry Menez!'

Sep 20, 2014

Milan boss Pippo Inzaghi joked he was so “seduced” by Jeremy Menez that he “intends to marry him!”

The versatile French forward arrived as a free agent from Paris Saint-Germain and has scored three goals in the first two Serie A games.

“He’s not a surprise for me,” Coach Inzaghi told Le Parisien newspaper ahead of tonight’s showdown with Juventus.

“Adriano Galliani had the idea of signing him. I knew of his technique and pace, but wanted to know what he thought and so I met him in Ibiza.

“He seduced me in five minutes and at that point I said what I expected from him. I realised that I was faced with a lad who was very open, kind and professional.

“What he has since done on the pitch proves I was right. His approach is perfect. He could’ve run into trouble at the start, but wiped all that out and is really helping the team.”

Inzaghi took the praise for Menez to a new level and joked: “I intend to marry him! He is a generous lad and from the first few days made me realise he was important, so I gave him the opportunity he was craving.

“He’d like to play at Euro 2016 for France. If he continues like this, he will do.”

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
130805 messaggi

2dky5ig.jpg

swcy9l.png

MILAN - JUVENTUS

2z65pvc.png- 5zk2vt.png

Asamoah: 'Juve ready for Milan'

Sep 20, 2014

Kwadwo Asamoah said Juventus are “above all ready psychologically” for tonight’s Milan showdown.

“We know this is a very important game tonight, so we are above all ready psychologically,” Asamoah told Sky Sport Italia.

He is not the only Ghana international on the field, as Milan start Sulley Muntari.

“We didn’t talk about this match. We do tend to talk, but not this week...” he laughed.

“We are facing a motivated Milan side who are riding on enthusiasm, but we are ready.”

Asamoah returns to the flank after playing in central midfield during the 2-0 Champions League victory over Malmo.

Patrice Evra is replaced by Roberto Pereyra, who was suspended in Europe.

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
130805 messaggi

2dky5ig.jpg

swcy9l.png

MILAN - JUVENTUS

2z65pvc.png- 5zk2vt.png

Marotta: 'Milan's moment of truth'

Sep 20, 2014

Juventus director general said tonight is “a moment of truth for Milan,” but the Bianconeri have nothing to prove.

Marotta spoke to Sky Sport Italia and was asked whether this was a moment of truth for the two teams.

“It’s a moment of truth for Milan. We’ve had a consolidated squad for years and the only real change is the Coach, but there can be no doubts over the strength of Juventus.

“Milan are a dangerous opponent, especially now they are very enthusiastic after a great start to the season.”

Many Juve fans were not happy with the decision to hire Massimiliano Allegri, who was fired by Milan in January.

“Allegri is suited to our needs and the club has to support the Coach in his activity, while he is making the most of the resources at his disposal.

“We understand the criticism, as that happens in football, but we are convinced we made the right choice.

“We are Juventus, we are the leading champions, so even when playing against the so-called provincial teams they give the performance of their lives. We are able to fire up our opponents.

“The players at Juventus know this jersey weighs heavily on their shoulders and they must represent the prestige of this club.”

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
130805 messaggi

2dky5ig.jpg

swcy9l.png

MILAN - JUVENTUS

2z65pvc.png- 5zk2vt.png

Galliani: 'Inzaghi-Allegri problems'

Sep 20, 2014

Milan CEO Adriano Galliani hinted at problems between Max Allegri and Pippo Inzaghi ahead of tonight’s game.

“Tonight’s match could change the course of the season on a psychological level, even if it’s just the third round,” Galliani told Sky Sport Italia.

“If it goes well for us, it would mean a huge amount and be decisive. Just filling San Siro with so much enthusiasm is already a victory for Inzaghi.

“Since he arrived, we’ve been breathing an atmosphere of enthusiasm around the club that hadn’t been here for over a year.”

Last year there was reportedly a physical altercation between Inzaghi and new Juventus Coach Allegri when Pippo was still in charge of the Primavera youth team.

“I’ve seen worse,” smiled Galliani when asked if it was true.

Massimo Ambrosini, a former Milan player who is now a Sky Sport Italia pundit, added that it was “no secret” that Allegri and Inzaghi had problems.

"It started after Pippo was left out of the Champions League squad. It wasn't so much the decision as the way it was communicated to him."

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
130805 messaggi

2dky5ig.jpg

swcy9l.png

MILAN - JUVENTUS

2z65pvc.png- 5zk2vt.png

Line-ups: Milan-Juventus

Sep 20, 2014

There are multiple layers to tonight’s Scudetto showdown and grudge match between Max Allegri’s Juventus and Pippo Inzaghi’s Milan.

After two rounds this season only three teams have a 100 per cent record in Serie A: Roma, Milan and Juventus.

At least one of them has to give tonight, but there’s more than just the top of the table at stake.

Allegri returns to San Siro as an opponent for the first time since he was sacked by Milan in January and he’s facing ex-Juventus striker Inzaghi on the Rossoneri bench.

These two men do not get along and reportedly had an altercation last year when Inzaghi was still in charge of the Primavera youth team.

It would also have been a comeback for Andrea Pirlo, but he is ruled out by injury along with Andrea Barzagli and Luca Marrone.

Arturo Vidal is fit enough for the bench after picking up a muscular problem on international duty with Chile.

Carlos Tevez and Fernando Llorente start in attack, as the Argentine is fresh from breaking his Champions League drought with a brace in their 2-0 win over Malmo.

Milan have to reshuffle following their remarkable 5-4 victory at Parma last weekend.

Daniele Bonera was sent off in that tie and is therefore suspended, while Diego Lopez, Alex, Riccardo Saponara and Riccardo Montolivo are unavailable.

There had been doubts over Michael Essien and he's not even on the bench.

Fernando Torres is on the bench for the first time in his Serie A career, but Inzaghi sticks with Jeremy Menez – who scored three goals in two games, including a delightful back-heel flick at the Tardini.

Stephan El Shaarawy returns from injury with Keisuke Honda in the trident.

Philippe Mexes and Cristian Zaccardo are dropped after refusing summer transfers, so Colombia international Cristian Zapata starts at centre-back.

These teams faced off in a 45-minute pre-season Trofeo TIM match last month, Milan emerging 1-0 winners thanks to Honda.

Milan: Abbiati; Abate, Rami, Zapata, De Sciglio; Poli, De Jong, Muntari; Honda, Menez, El Shaarawy

Milan bench: Agazzi, Gori, Albertazzi, Armero, Mexes, Zaccardo, Van Ginkel, Bonaventura, Pazzini, Torres, Niang

Juventus: Buffon; Caceres, Bonucci, Chiellini; Lichtsteiner, Pereyra, Marchisio, Pogba, Asamoah; Llorente, Tevez

Juventus bench: Storari, Rubinho, Romulo, Ogbonna, Padoin, Pepe, Vidal, Evra, Mattiello, Coman, Morata, Giovinco

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
130805 messaggi

2dky5ig.jpg

swcy9l.png

MILAN - JUVENTUS

2z65pvc.png- 5zk2vt.png

HT 0-0: Marchisio rattles Milan

Sep 20, 2014

Both goalkeepers have been kept busy and Claudio Marchisio hit the upright, but at half-time it’s Milan 0-0 Juventus.

This was a top of the table showdown between two of the only three teams with a 100 per cent record after two rounds. Max Allegri returned to face the club that fired him in January, while Pippo Inzaghi took on his old club too.

Andrea Pirlo was injured and Arturo Vidal only fit for the bench, but Giorgio Chiellini had his first Serie A appearance of the season. The Rossoneri were fresh from an epic 5-4 victory at Parma, but lost Diego Lopez, Alex, Riccardo Saponara, Riccardo Montolivo, Michael Essien and the suspended Daniele Bonera.

San Siro was completely sold out with 78,681 tickets spectators and the Curva had a large choreography reading: ‘A year of rage to become great again.’

Roberto Pereyra had the first chance, firing over the bar, but after a period of Juventus pressure early on, it was Milan’s turn to pin the visitors back with Andrea Poli’s effort charged down.

Keisuke Honda got between defenders for a splendid header on Zapata’s cross, forcing a great one-handed save out of Gianluigi Buffon from eight yards.

Christian Abbiati also had to make himself big at Fernando Llorente’s feet moments later after a smart Stephan Lichtsteiner flick.

Abbiati was again called upon to get down and palm away a Pereyra snapshot at full stretch, then from the corner Leonardo Bonucci sprung the offside trap for a backwards header over the bar.

Juve lost Martin Caceres to a left thigh injury, making way for Angelo Ogbonna.

Claudio Marchisio unleashed a sudden screamer from distance that beat Abbiati only to crack against the base of the near post.

Lichtsteiner’s solo run reached a dead end and sparked a counter that saw Jeremy Menez sting Buffon’s gloves.

Milan 0-0 Juventus (Half-Time)

Milan: Abbiati; Abate, Rami, Zapata, De Sciglio; Poli, De Jong, Muntari; Honda, Menez, El Shaarawy

Juventus: Buffon; Caceres (Ogbonna 35), Bonucci, Chiellini; Lichtsteiner, Pereyra, Marchisio, Pogba, Asamoah; Llorente, Tevez

Ref: Rizzoli

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
130805 messaggi

2dky5ig.jpg

xofhxd.jpg

MILAN 0 - 1 JUVENTUS

2z65pvc.png- 5zk2vt.png

Carlos Tévez 71'

AC Milan 0-1 Juventus:
Tevez silences San Siro

The Argentine goaded the Rossoneri before the game but backed up his big talk by scoring
the only goal of the game by finishing off a brilliant ball from Paul Pogba.

2wc0k6t.jpg

Sep 20, 2014

Massimiliano Allegri enjoyed a winning return to AC Milan as Carlos Tevez struck the only goal in Juventus' 1-0 win in Serie A on Saturday.

Making his first return to San Siro since being sacked in January, the former Rossoneri coach watched his new side create a handful of chances, but he had to wait until the 71st minute for the decisive goal.

The visitors were impressive in the opening half as Roberto Pereyra and Giorgio Chiellini both had sights of goal, while Claudio Marchisio saw a low shot come back off the post.

Milan struggled to contain the defending champions and eventually succumbed to Tevez's goal, following a superb Paul Pogba pass.

Fernando Torres' introduction for his debut with 15 minutes left to play was not enough to spark Milan in to life and they slipped to their first competitive defeat under new head coach Filippo Inzaghi.

As in their Champions League win over Malmo on Tuesday, Juventus dominated possession but were left frustrated for long spells.

Milan's back four remained resolute throughout the first half, with only Pereyra - who returned after his European suspension - going close early on with a sixth-minute effort that curled just over.

For all Juve's control, it was the hosts who were first to test the opposition goalkeeper, as Keisuke Honda brought a smart save out of Gianluigi Buffon after 26 minutes.

Having drifted away from Chiellini, the Japan international was superbly found by Sulley Muntari’s cross-field pass, but his close-range header was parried away.

That appeared to breathe new life into Allegri's side and Christian Abbiati - who came in for the injured Diego Lopez - was twice called into action to deny Fernando Llorente and then Pereyra in the space of four minutes.

Juventus were slowly building up momentum and Chiellini wasted their best opening of the half when, having timed his run perfectly to meet Marchisio's chipped pass, he failed to connect with a header from six yards.

Marchisio was beginning to have a significant impact and the midfielder was unlucky not to open the scoring before the break when his low effort struck the post with Abbiati well beaten.

The second half followed the same pattern as the first, with the ball stuck in midfield in the opening 15 minutes and neither side able to find an opening.

That changed on the hour, though, as a Pereyra delivered a low corner to the near post, where Marchisio - who had evaded his marker - could only send a low shot wide of goal.

Milan's impact on the game continued to dwindle and Juve began to turn the screw, launching wave after wave of attack.

And with 19 minutes to play their pressure finally paid off, as Pogba delivered an exquisite pass into Tevez, who showed great feet to net his second league goal of the season.

In an attempt to change Milan's fortunes, Inzaghi introduced Giacomo Bonaventura, Giampaolo Pazzini and Torres - the latter for the first time since his loan switch from Chelsea - but the trio struggled to make an impact as Juventus dictated the closing stages.

Jeremy Menez thought he should have had a penalty late on following a challenge from Chiellini, but his and Milan's appeals were waved away as Allegri celebrated.

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
130805 messaggi

2dky5ig.jpg

swcy9l.png

MILAN 0 - 1 JUVENTUS

2z65pvc.png- 5zk2vt.png

Carlos Tévez 71'

Tevez takes San Siro

Carlos Tevez was decisive yet again as Juventus ended
Milan’s dream start at San Siro with a 1-0 victory.

11l68ae.jpg

Sep 20, 2014

This was a top of the table showdown between two of the only three teams with a 100 per cent record after two rounds. Max Allegri returned to face the club that fired him in January, while Pippo Inzaghi took on his old club too.

Andrea Pirlo was injured and Arturo Vidal only fit for the bench, but Giorgio Chiellini had his first Serie A appearance of the season. The Rossoneri were fresh from an epic 5-4 victory at Parma, but lost Diego Lopez, Alex, Riccardo Saponara, Riccardo Montolivo, Michael Essien and the suspended Daniele Bonera.

San Siro was completely sold out with 78,681 tickets spectators and the Curva had a large choreography reading: ‘A year of rage to become great again.’

Roberto Pereyra had the first chance, firing over the bar, but after a period of Juventus pressure early on, it was Milan’s turn to pin the visitors back with Andrea Poli’s effort charged down.

Keisuke Honda got between defenders for a splendid header on Zapata’s cross, forcing a great one-handed save out of Gianluigi Buffon from eight yards.

Christian Abbiati also had to make himself big at Fernando Llorente’s feet moments later after a smart Stephan Lichtsteiner flick.

Abbiati was again called upon to get down and palm away a Pereyra snapshot at full stretch, then from the corner Leonardo Bonucci sprung the offside trap for a backwards header over the bar.

Juve lost Martin Caceres to a left thigh injury, making way for Angelo Ogbonna.

Claudio Marchisio unleashed a sudden screamer from distance that beat Abbiati only to crack against the base of the near post.

Lichtsteiner’s solo run reached a dead end and sparked a counter that saw Jeremy Menez sting Buffon’s gloves. After the restart Llorente dribbled past three in the box until Ignazio Abate cleared before he could pull the trigger.

Marchisio threatened again, unmarked from a corner his angled drive flashed just past the far post, as Juve began to pour forward.

The pressure paid off and Tevez broke through, as he completed a give-and-go with Paul Pogba to slice the Milan defence apart and flicked his finish over Abbiati. Apache celebrated his fourth goal in as many games with a baby’s pacifier in his mouth.

Fernando Torres made his Serie A debut, but Pogba almost set up a magnificent chance for Arturo Vidal when his step-over and prodded pass with the outside of the boot was intercepted. Both Pogba and Menez had timid penalty appeals waved away in the final minutes.

MILAN: Abbiati; Abate, Rami, Zapata, De Sciglio; Poli (Torres 76), De Jong, Muntari; Honda (Pazzini 82), Menez, El Shaarawy (Bonaventura 66)

JUVENTUS: Buffon; Caceres (Ogbonna 35), Bonucci, Chiellini; Lichtsteiner (Romulo 82), Pereyra (Vidal 76), Marchisio, Pogba, Asamoah; Llorente, Tevez

Ref: Rizzoli

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
130805 messaggi

2dky5ig.jpg

34e7ujn.jpg

MILAN 0 - 1 JUVENTUS

2z65pvc.png- 5zk2vt.png

Carlos Tévez 71'

AC Milan 0-1 Juventus: Tevez Strike
Downs The Rossoneri At The San Siro

29xvrti.jpg

Sep 20, 2014

Juventus defeated AC Milan 1-0 at the San Siro in Serie A action on Saturday night.

Carlos Tevez’s lone goal twenty minutes from time was enough for the Bianconeri to get all three points from the fixture, continuing their perfect start to the 2014/2015 Serie A season.

The game started off in lively fashion, and Juventus’ Roberto Pereyra could’ve given his side an early lead but his curled strike went over the bar.

Keisuke Honda then replied with a chance of his own minutes later, but his diving header was spectacularly saved by Gianluigi Buffon.

Pereyra was once again at the centre of trouble, this time he combined really well with Carlos Tevez to set up Fernando Llorente but the Spaniard saw his finish saved by Christian Abbiati.

The Bianconeri were very close to netting an opener soon after when Claudio Marchisio’s left-footed strike slammed against the woodwork.

In-form Milan man Jeremy Menez tested Buffon from distance, but the Frenchman saw his shot parried away by the goalkeeper.

The start of the second half signalled the beginning of La Vecchia Signora’s attacking onslaught, and six minutes in Llorente could’ve put his side in the lead but Ignazio Abate managed to interfere in the nick of time.

Approaching the hour mark, Paul Pogba unleashed a thunderous strike which took a deflection off Adil Rami and went out for a corner.

The corresponding corner could’ve resulted in Juve’s opening goal when Marchisio’s finish went centimetres wide of the far post.

The Bianconeri finally got their goal through Tevez who combined really well with Pogba before finishing past Abbiati, much to the ecstasy of the Juve supporters.

Both sides had penalty appeals turned down late in the game, with referee Nicola Rizzoli appearing unfazed by Pogba and Menez’s falls inside the area.

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
130805 messaggi

2dky5ig.jpg

smrn9d.jpg

MILAN 0 - 1 JUVENTUS

2z65pvc.png- 5zk2vt.png

Carlos Tévez 71'

AC Milan vs. Juventus: Score, Grades

and Reaction from Serie A Game.

2lw64nr.jpg

Sep 20, 2014

Juventus threw down an early marker in Serie A with a 1-0 win over AC Milan on Saturday evening.

Juve are bidding to defend their title but were expected to be pushed hard by a Milan side who have made a bright start to the season.

That proved the case, but a moment of brilliance from Carlos Tevez on 67 minutes secured the three points for the Old Lady of Italian football.

It was an extremely cagey opening between two sides protecting perfect records, with the middle of the park a battle ground.

It was not until the 27th minute that a chance of note was fashioned. A delightful cross from the left from Sulley Muntari picked out Keisuke Honda, who powered a header on target. The home fans rose to their feet to celebrate a goal, but their hopes were dashed as Gianluigi Buffon stuck out a right palm to make a save.

The chance opened up the game, with the San Siro crowd treated to some end-to-end play.

Buffon’s opposite number in the Milan goal, Christian Abbiati, had to be sharply off his line to smother a shot from Fernando Llorente, who had latched on to a flicked pass from Roberto Pereyra. Abbiati was called into action again on 34 minutes, plunging to his left to repel a curling drive from Pereyra.

Juventus grew in stature as the half wore on and came close to taking the lead on 37 minutes. Claudio Marchisio was allowed to stride forward and almost made Milan pay, as his low drive crashed against the post with Abbiati beaten.

The cagey nature resumed at the start of the second half, and it was not until after the hour mark that the contest opened up again.

With the defences being so strong, it was likely to take a moment of brilliance to make the difference.

On 71 minutes, it arrived. Tevez has been in fine form so far this season and exchanged passes with Paul Pogba before slotting the ball beyond Abbiati. It was a cool finish, but the reverse pass from Pogba was sublime.

Milan threw on Fernando Torres for his Serie A debut, but the home team lacked the legs to match a Juve side who had been in action in the Champions League in midweek.

The win will raise confidence in Turin that they can defend the title. With the talent at Massimiliano Allegri's disposal, Juve are worthy favourites.

They will be fighting it out for the title next spring, but Milan showed enough to suggest they will be in the mix—particularly as they have attacking options to return to fitness.

Grades

Gianluigi Buffon: B+

Age does not appear to be dimming the veteran’s powers just yet, as he made a couple of excellent saves.

Paul Pogba: B+

The superlatives continue to pour in for the Frenchman, who is developing into a complete midfielder. He proved the difference, with a brilliant flicked pass playing a huge part in Tevez's goal.

Jeremy Menez: B+

Quality oozes from the Frenchman, and he was once again a real threat for Milan. He lacked a bit of support at times but never stopped working.

Stephan El Shaarawy: C

He is pressing to regain full fitness and looked a little off the pace. He is also looking to break a lengthy goal drought, and there’s a suspicion that it is affecting his play, as once or twice he was caught in possession. Still a huge talent.

Post-Match Reaction

JuventusFC ✔ @juventusfcen
Matchwinner @carlitos3210 on #MilanJuve: "It was a good game. We knew it wouldn't be easy because they had won their opening two matches."

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
130805 messaggi

2dky5ig.jpg

xlf6gm.gif

MILAN 0 - 1 JUVENTUS

2z65pvc.png- 5zk2vt.png

Carlos Tévez 71'

Carlos Tevez dummy fools AC Milan
as tight win sends Juventus top of Serie A

e89vrp.jpg

Sep 20, 2014

Juventus confirmed they are still the team to beat in Serie A after ending AC Milan's perfect start to the season with a 1-0 win at the San Siro on Saturday.

Carlos Tevez netted the only goal of the game in the 71st minute as former Milan coach Massimiliano Allegri got the better of the man whose playing career he effectively ended two years ago while in charge of the Rossoneri -- Filippo Inzaghi.

Fernando Torres came on for his Milan debut late on but could not help the club avoid dropping their first points of the season as Juve -- scudetto winners for the past three seasons -- moved three points clear at the top.

Inzaghi went to shake Allegri's hand prior to kick-off, but there was no such cordiality shown on the field with the tackles flying in.

One man keeping his cool was Juventus midfielder Roberto Pereyra, who had the first shot of the game after five minutes, but just missed the goal to the right.

At the other end, Keisuke Honda was first to test Gianluigi Buffon, who responded with a one-handed save, before Pereyra set up Llorente, who touched the ball past Sulley Muntari but could not beat Christian Abbiati inside his near post.

Pereyra's 25-yard effort was pushed wide by Abbiati before Leonardo Bonucci, perhaps believing he was offside, headed Claudio Marchisio's header over when he had time to take the ball down.

The closest either side came to scoring in the first half was when Marchisio let rip from outside the area and his shot struck the right-hand upright.

The Bianconeri were just edging it, with Marchisio again going close on the hour mark from a training ground corner before two touches of class finally saw the deadlock broken.

Paul Pogba provided the first to lift the ball delicately through to Tevez, who sold Abbiati the dummy before finishing past the Milan goalkeeper, and then produced a real dummy to celebrate with a dedication to his youngest child.

It was time for Torres to make his entrance for the Rossoneri, but the on-loan Chelsea forward was unable to change the game.

Milan ended with four forwards after Giampaolo Pazzini was sent on by Inzaghi, who could not avoid his first defeat as Milan coach.

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
130805 messaggi

2dky5ig.jpg

swcy9l.png

MILAN 0 - 1 JUVENTUS

2z65pvc.png- 5zk2vt.png

Carlos Tévez 71'

Allegri: 'No Milan revenge'

p3nvd.jpg

Sep 20, 2014

Juventus Coach Max Allegri insists his victory at San Siro was “not revenge” against the Milan side that sacked him.

“I think it was a good game. Milan defended, we created several scoring opportunities and ran some risks on the counter-attack, but overall we controlled the match pretty well,” he told Sky Sport Italia after a 1-0 result.

“We are on a journey and will improve as time goes on. There are still things to fix and do better on, but the players mainly controlled the ball well after taking the lead and I liked their attitude.

“We barely ran any risks and that is an important thing to note.”

It was Allegri’s return to San Siro for the first time since Milan fired him in February.

“After three and a half years at Milan sharing emotions, intense moments and victories, it would’ve been impossible to consider this a normal game.

“Having said that, it was absolutely not a chance for revenge. I am now a Juventus Coach. We lost a Scudetto here at Milan when battling with Juventus and despite selling players like Ibrahimovic and Thiago Silva we still achieved some important results.

“Milan was an important step in my career and I am still very fond of this club. Now I am at Juventus and I am focused on winning with Juventus.

“I consider myself very fortunate and proud of my career, as not everyone has been Coach of both Milan and Juventus.”

Allegri was asked about the new deeper Carlos Tevez role and had advice for Paul Pogba.

“De Jong was almost man-marking Tevez, so I told him to go a little wider to create space for Pereyra to run into. At the start of the second half Carlitos took that a bit too literally. We tried to go around De Jong and not leave Milan with many reference points.

“I get very angry with Pogba, as he has extraordinary potential and not all of it has been expressed. He’s only 21 and has time, but can do so much more.”

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
130805 messaggi

2dky5ig.jpg

swcy9l.png

MILAN 0 - 1 JUVENTUS

2z65pvc.png- 5zk2vt.png

Carlos Tévez 71'

Inzaghi: 'Juventus are stronger'

21b0q40.jpg

Sep 20, 2014

Pippo Inzaghi confessed Milan hoped to beat Juventus, but realistically that would’ve been “asking a bit too much.”

The Rossoneri started the season with two consecutive victories, but were defeated 1-0 at San Siro by a Carlos Tevez strike.

“I was angry because we really hoped that we’d be up to the level of an extraordinary team,” he told Sky Sport Italia.

“I told the players I am satisfied, as after two rounds we can’t be on the same level as one of the strongest teams in Europe.

“If Honda’s header had gone in, the game would’ve changed. We put two strikers on and tried to get back into it, but to no avail.

“Tonight should give us the awareness that taking it one game at a time we can grow and get closer to Juve and Roma, who have something more than the others.

“The goal was created by two great champions who decided a game that otherwise may well have ended 0-0 for a positive point. The defence had a great game tonight and closed off most of those runs.

“We are all disappointed not to get a result, but at the same time taking points off a side that won the Scudetto three years in a row and last season had 50 more points than us was asking a bit too much.

“We tried to double up the marking. Menez played an incredible game despite not being 100 per cent fit, so we should be happy with our performance, in my view.”

Inzaghi seems to be at odds with the Milan hierarchy’s promises, but insisted he was only being honest.

“I want to be realistic, as otherwise we’re blowing smoke. I am ambitious, like my players, and want to be able to take anyone on.

“I hoped to beat Juventus tonight with a miracle and it could’ve happened. I am certain that continuing to work like this we can achieve great things in future.”

Milan played with a reshuffled defence, as Alex, Diego Lopez and Daniele Bonera were sidelined.

“Zapata and Rami had a great game against tough clients like Llorente and Tevez, while Nigel acted as a shield for the defence too. It was tough, we knew it would be, but we have to go forward and be happy with the reaction.

“There were also a couple of incidents that going the right way would’ve allowed us to equalise. We have the chance to go top again on Tuesday against Empoli and we really believe in ourselves.

“We have to be honest tonight and acknowledge Juve were better.”

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
130805 messaggi

2dky5ig.jpg

xofhxd.jpg

MILAN 0 - 1 JUVENTUS

2z65pvc.png- 5zk2vt.png

Carlos Tévez 71'

Player Ratings

3089sv6.jpg

Sep 20, 2014

MILAN

32 C. Abbiati - The keeper made some important saves, particularly in the first half from Pereyra and Llorente, to keep his side in the game.

20 I. Abate - He did not venture forward at all and stood static as Tevez raced past him to slot home the opening goal.

13 A. Rami - The Frenchman put in an average display, performing well in the air but struggling a tad with the opposition's link-up play.

17 C. Zapata - Made a rash challenge on Llorente early on but collected himself and performed far better thereafter, proving alert to any danger.

2 M. De Sciglio - The right-back found it difficult to limit the threat offered by Asamoah and this restricted his ability to push forward himself. But he was still poor in possession.

16 A. Poli - Spent a lot of his time chasing shadows in midfield and was far too weak up against Pogba before the Frenchman assisted the goal.

34 N. de Jong - Always made himself available to the centre-backs when they had possession but was unable to do anything productive with it at all. Not his usual destructive self either.

4 S. Muntari - Worked exceptionally hard in midfield and was always there when there was a 50-50 to be contested. He was dynamic, too, and tried to support the forwards.

10 K. Honda - Forced Buffon into his only meaningful save with a good header in the first half. He sat back when needed and protected against Asamoah.

7 J. Ménez - The Frenchman had a couple of bright moments and kept going until the end to try and earn his team something.

92 S. El Shaarawy - Was very quiet in attacking terms as he was forced to do a lot more defending than usual. He failed to create or get into dangerous areas.

Substitutes

28 G. Bonaventura
- Replaced El Shaarawy in the 67th minute but struggled to influence the game as his team had very little possession.

9 Fernando Torres - Brought on for Poli in the 76th minute and did not have time to get involved.

JUVENTUS

1 G. Buffon - When the ball came into his area he never looked like being beaten, making a great save from Honda in the first half.

4 M. Cáceres - Defended well and at times stepped up to support Lichtsteiner. However, an injury brought an end to his game after 35 minutes.

19 L. Bonucci - Put in a solid performance at the heart of the three-man defence. His distribution from the back was decent all evening.

3 G. Chiellini - Read the game impressively on his first Serie A outing of the new season. He showed good positioning and made a few important interceptions.

26 S. Lichtsteiner - Pressed forwards at every opportunity and made some bright runs into the area. His deliveries always caused commotion in the Milan box.

6 P. Pogba - The Frenchman made numerous powerful runs in midfield to draw the opposition out of position. He provided a brilliant assist for Tevez's goal.

8 C. Marchisio - Excelled in all areas of his game: he fought hard, passed excellently at times, and saw one of his shots strike the post in the first half.

37 R. Pereyra - Looked lively in midfield and often proved dangerous, be it through some decent shots at goal or his quality link-up play with the strikers.

22 K. Asamoah - Worked hard on the left, defending well and looking to provide an attacking outlet on the flank too.

14 Llorente - Was denied a goal by a brilliant save from Abbiati in the first half. His hold-up play was impressive throughout.

10 C. Tévez - Proved to be the decisive factor in the game. He was always buzzing around the final third and earned the three points with a quality finish.

Substitutes

5 A. Ogbonna
- Brought on for the injured Caceres in the 35th minute and did not put a foot wrong all evening.

23 A. Vidal - Came on for Pereyra in the 76th minute and played a couple of decent passes.

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
130805 messaggi

2dky5ig.jpg

xofhxd.jpg

MILAN 0 - 1 JUVENTUS

2z65pvc.png- 5zk2vt.png

Carlos Tévez 71'

Who's the daddy? Tevez the hero again
as Juventus continue record-breaking form

The reigning champions maintained their 100 per cent start to the season with a 1-0 win
at San Siro and once again illustrated just how irresistible they are in Italy.

105bihx.jpg

Sep 20, 2014

COMMENT
By Carlo Garganese

Not since the occasion of Sulley Muntari’s infamous ‘ghost goal’ three seasons ago has an AC Milan versus Juventus clash attracted so much attention.

With the Italian giants first and second in the table and Massimiliano Allegri returning to meet his old foe Pippo Inzaghi, the San Siro became a sell-out and set a Serie A record for income generated from ticket sales: €3.2 million.

The action on the pitch didn’t quite justify the big build-up, but Juventus certainly demonstrated once again just what an irresistible force they are domestically.

The Scudetto holders dominated possession and territory throughout the game - enjoying almost 60 per cent of the ball. Until the final 25 minutes they lacked a cutting edge, with Fernando Llorente particularly ponderous as he continued his goalless start to the season.

However, a goal always seemed inevitable such was their stranglehold in midfield. The deadlock was finally broken on 71 minutes by the Rossoneri’s dummy-sucking nemesis, Carlos Tevez, a player who upset Milan CEO Adriano Galliani by signing for Juventus in 2013. The Argentine, who scored a stormer in this fixture last season, slotted home after running onto an outrageous reverse through-pass from Paul Pogba.

Fernando Torres replaced Andrea Poli soon after to make his Milan debut but, like most of his team-mates, he made little impact in an attacking sense. As Allegri noted at full-time, "We only ran the risk on a couple of counterattacks and on Keisuke Honda's header." Stephan El Shaarawy was very quiet and was Milan’s biggest disappointment considering he was up against Angelo Ogbonna for much of the game.

“I want to be realistic. I am ambitious, just like my players, and want to be able to take on anyone. But we have to be honest and acknowledge Juve were better," Inzaghi confessed to Sky Sport.

But there are plenty of positives for Milan to take. While they were clearly second-best, they were never overrun and played a smart tactical game that will yield them plenty of points this season. Inzaghi has moulded a team that is fit, disciplined and smart.

However, a lack of real quality was their undoing. Juventus started without arguably their two best players in Andrea Pirlo and Arturo Vidal, but still oozed class in the centre of the park. Pogba was a force of nature, Claudio Marchisio continued his impressive start to the campaign and rattled the post, while Roberto Pereyra was lively throughout.

While Juventus will probably need to tweak their 3-5-2 formation in order to succeed in Europe, they continue to crush everything in their path in Italy. After their record-breaking 102-point season in 2013-14, they have begun life after Antonio Conte with four straight wins in all competitions under Allegri. They have not conceded a goal for almost five months – the last person to score against the Bianconeri was Simone Zaza for Sassuolo on April 28.

Simply unstoppable.

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
130805 messaggi

2dky5ig.jpg

swcy9l.png

MILAN 0 - 1 JUVENTUS

2z65pvc.png- 5zk2vt.png

Carlos Tévez 71'

Tevez: 'Juve expected this game'

3523uk6.jpg

Sep 20, 2014

Carlos Tevez said Juventus “expected a game like this” after he secured their 1-0 victory away to Milan.

“We expected a game like this, as Milan were coming off two wins, but we had confidence and were always in the match," he told Sky Sport Italia.

Apache is taking on a deeper role this season and can run at defenders.

“I like this position, but there weren’t many opportunities today because De Jong was always waiting for me.

“I managed to score eventually and I am happy.”

Tevez celebrated by putting a baby’s pacifier in his mouth.

“The celebration was for my son.”

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
Ospite
Questa discussione è chiusa.

• Chi sta navigando   0 utenti

Nessun utente registrato visualizza questa pagina.

• Crea Nuovo...