Vai al contenuto
Socrates

Juventus News

130798 messaggi

2yvo10i.jpg

Euro 2016: Italy to face

Spain in Round of 16

It will be a rematch of the 2012 Euro Championship in the knockout round.

http://www.blackwhitereadallover.com/2016/6/21/11994036/

euro-2016-quarterfinals-schedule-italy-draw-spain-rematch

Jun 21, 2016

Italy will meet Spain in the round of 16 in the European Championships on June 27 at Saint-Denis.

The Azzurri, the Group E winners, still have one game to go before the quarterfinal clash. They'll face Ireland on Wednesday and are predicted to rest some of their starters. They enter the contest against Ireland with six points after a 2-0 win over Belgium and a 1-0 victory against Sweden. Emanuele Giaccherini and Graziano Pelle both scored against the Red Devils, while Eder tallied the lone goal against Sweden.

Spain finished as the Group D runner-up after Croatian winger Ivan Perisic's late goal handed the Balkans the top spot in the group, and a knockout stage match with a third-place team from Group B, E or F. Slovakia is the lone team from any of those three groups to have clinched a spot in the knockout stage.

A clash between Italy and Spain is a rematch of the Euro final from four years ago, where Spain blasted past the Azzurri 4-0 with goals from David Silva, Jordi Alba, Fernado Torres Juan Mata.

The Azzurri won their last Euro Round of 16 match in 2012 with a 4-2 victory in penalty kicks over England.

Condividi questo messaggio

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
130798 messaggi

2yvo10i.jpg

Italy played like you thought it would

against the Republic of Ireland

http://www.blackwhitereadallover.com/2016/6/23/12007312/

italy-republic-of-ireland-euro-2016-final-score-result

Jun 22, 2016

Well, as I sat here thinking of how to start out this post, one thought just kept popping into my head: At least Leonardo Bonucci didn't get shown the yellow that would have meant he's suspended for the Spain showdown.

I think that's my only takeaway from Italy's boring group stage finale against the Republic of Ireland on Wednesday night in Lille. Based on how Italy played as a team, Italy were rightfully on the wrong side of the 1-0 win that saw Ireland move into the Round of 16. The game-winning goal, scored by Robbie Brady in the 85th minute, not only ended Italy's perfect defensive record at the tournament, but also handed Antonio Conte his first competitive loss as Italy manager.

And yet, with how crappy Italy played, I can't get this 13-second clip of audio out of my mind.

If only there was something like that going on during the Italy-Ireland game like there was happening behind Frank Drebin in the Naked Gun...

Conte did exactly as he said at his pre-match press conference and made wholesale changes to a team that had already wrapped up the top spot in the group with a game to spare. There was no Gigi Buffon. There was no Giorgio Chiellini. No Daniele De Rossi, no Emanuele Giaccherini, no Antonio Candreva. When you point out that a squad is being rotated and it's truly a second-choice starting lineup, this one would have been the prime example of it.

And, for the most part, they played like a second-choice lineup.

There was no flow, no real threat to do much of anything up front, no source of creativity until the nearly-forgotten Lorenzo Insigne was subbed on for the final 20 minutes or so. The only real constant, how Italy was able to defend and absorb pressure at the back, wasn't much of a surprise either because Conte chose to keep Bonucci — on a yellow and risking suspension for the Spain game, no less — and Andrea Barzagli as two of the three in the 3-5-2.

It was just...meh.

This was not a vintage Italian performance by any means. They were stuck on two total shots for what seemed like the entire second half until Insigne came on. The players that came on for the regular starters' lack of a lasting impression far outweighed the actual positive impact they made on the game.

Stefano Sturaro? Meh.

Italy's No. 10, Thiago Motta? Meh.

Noted hot head Simone Zaza? Meh.

Ciro Immobile? Meh.

Pretty much every Italian player who made their first start of the tournament against Ireland? Meh.

Ireland got the win that they deserved. (Nice piece of goalkeeping from Salvatore Sirigu on the game-winning goal, by the way. Except not really.) Italy didn't need any kind of result, and maybe that's the best thing outside of Bonucci not getting another yellow card to come out of Wednesday's group stage finale. What would the reaction be like if Italy threw out this kind of performance — starters or reserves playing, regardless — if the top spot in the group still at stake?

If Italy beat Spain, then all of this will be a moot point and the rather stale performances against Sweden and Ireland won't even matter anymore because Italy will be into the quarterfinals. If they lose — or even worse, get thumped — against Spain, then get ready for the internet to explode. (Maybe, maybe not.)

I'll just keep telling myself the next couple of sentences over and over again: Italy won the group. Wednesday's loss doesn't really impact them all that much. Bonucci didn't get suspended. I ain't even mad.

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
130798 messaggi

2yvo10i.jpg

Youth league reform in chaos

http://www.football-italia.net/86269/youth-league-reform-chaos

Jun 23, 2016

The reform of Italy's youth league, the Campionato Primavera, is devolving into a farce as clubs can't decide how to vote on it.

The Italian football institutions had advanced a proposal to reform the tournament in which the youth teams of Italy's football clubs competed against each other. The current system is viewed as wasteful, as too many of the games pitch big teams versus minnows and are not competitive enough for the youngsters to really develop.

A new system had been devised to set up the equivalent of a Serie A and Serie B for the youth teams, with 16 teams in the former and 26 in the latter, including promotions and demotions at the end of the season.

The reform was verbally approved by all Serie A clubs except for Bologna and Sassuolo. But when the time came to vote at the Lega Serie A assembly, the reform was turned down as only 14 out of 22 clubs voted in favour, failing to meet the necessary quorum of 16 clubs. The reasons for the change of heart are private, though they may have to do with some clubs not being confident enough that their youth teams would make it in the upper league.

As though the situation didn't seem petty enough, the Gazzetta dello Sport reports that some of the clubs are regretting their decision and asking the Lega to reopen talks on the subject.

If the reform is reproposed and at least two clubs have changed their minds, it could still pass before the end of July, allowing for a more balanced development of Italy's younger players.

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
130798 messaggi

2yvo10i.jpg

Llorente: 'Conte inspires Italy'

http://www.football-italia.net/86392/llorente-conte-inspires-italy

Jun 26, 2016

Fernando Llorente believes Antonio Conte “inspires uncommon strength” in Italy as they prepare to face Spain.

The Euro 2016 knockout tie is in Paris tomorrow at 17.00 UK time (16.00 GMT).

“These are two of the best teams in the world, even if we haven’t been very fortunate over the last few games,” ex-Juventus striker Llorente told Marca.

“It is going to be an exciting encounter and I wouldn’t miss it for the world. Italy no longer have the individuals like Christian Vieri or Francesco Totti, but still a great deal of talent.

“They have a team of very good players with great determination to win thanks to Conte, who inspires uncommon strength in his men.

“Conte gives his teams solidity, even if they are missing important injured players like Claudio Marchisio and Marco Verratti.

“They are also without Andrea Pirlo, a magnificent player who has so much quality. You just need to see him in training to realise how spectacular his moves can be.”

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
130798 messaggi

2yvo10i.jpg

The Juve connection in Paris

Italy’s stern defence could halt the Spanish attack, but does Alvaro Morata

have a painful farewell to his Juventus teammates, asks George Rinaldi?

http://www.football-italia.net/86410/juve-connection-paris

Jun 26, 2016

When Sergio Ramos strode up from 12 yards to confirm Spain’s topping of Group D, a huge sigh of relief was waiting in the wings from all Italians back at home.

Cue a save from Danijel Subasic, alongside a late strike from Inter’s Ivan Perisic, leaving Italy contemplating what could have been. But, unfortunately for both sides, they are the go-to game for the Round of 16.

These sides faced each other competitively as recently as the final of Euro 2012, where despite stunning Germany 2-1 in the semi-finals, gli Azzurri were crushed by the Spaniards 4-0.

Of course, Italy are out for revenge. Back in 2008, after Spain squeezed past Italy on penalties following a tight 0-0, La Roja have not looked back. In fact, some have said this was the start of Spain’s successful era. It began with that first ever competitive victory over the Italians, and ended with the aforementioned 4-0.

It is time now for Antonio Conte to quash those memories.

Will it be tough? Silly question. Yet many believe this could be a blessing in disguise for Italy. The ‘tournament team’ as some have labelled them, always rise up to the occasion against the so-called big nations. Supporters would rather they had the following run to the final – Spain, Germany, France – than featuring in the apparent ‘easier’ side of the knockout stages.

The Juventus quartet at the back – Gianluigi Buffon, Andrea Barzagli, Giorgio Chiellini and Leonardo Bonucci – already have an advantage, hopefully. They know Alvaro Morata.

One of the standout strikers thus far has been the Real Madrid talent, being joint top tournament scorer alongside Wales’ Gareth Bale.

The key for Spain is not Morata, in the sense of creating chances, but the wide-men. Alvaro is the ‘cherry on top’ type man for this clash, to put the ball in the net when the chances are created.

With Italy sticking with their 3-5-2 style, emphasis from Vicente del Bosque has to be placed on making the pitch as wide as possible in an attempt to stretch the five-man midfield. Players such as Nolito are vital, getting to the by-line before playing in low-driven crosses. There won’t be much, if any luck, with high flying crosses unless a lapse in concentration occurs, such as against the Republic of Ireland.

Another key focus relates to the opposite defence, in the shape of Spain. They have been given some respite due to Antonio Candreva’s injury, a big miss for Conte’s team, and a clear blessing for the Spaniards. Despite this, both Ramos and Gerard Pique must be on the top of the game, avoiding any tired moments at the back that could let the Italian version of Perisic nick in to score. Realistically, that ‘Perisic’ should be either Lorenzo Insigne or Stephan El Shaarawy, but Alessandro Florenzi will most likely start.

Italy are up for this one, with Conte trotting out the everyday clichés that Spain are the favourites, attempting to ignite some form of demoralisation toward Del Bosque’s side ahead of the match.

Spain did not want this though. Teams want to beat them, to prove themselves. Italy were that sort of team, but not anymore. There is no Fabio Cannavaro, no Francesco Totti. Only three, Buffon, Daniele De Rossi and Barzagli, are part of the 2006 World Cup winning team.

This fixture has never failed to disappoint, so expect a hard fought and tactical affair, let’s just hope it is better than Croatia v Portugal. That should not be too hard, though.

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
130798 messaggi

2yvo10i.jpg

De Laurentiis: 'Juve hard to beat'

http://www.football-italia.net/86443/de-laurentiis-juve-hard-beat

Jun 27, 2016

Napoli President Aurelio De Laurentiis admits 'Juventus are hard to beat, they are too economically stable'.

The Partenopei emerged as the Bianconeri's most serious rival in Serie A alongside Roma over the last few years, but so far they haven't been able to break the stranglehold of the champions.

“It's hard to beat Juve because of their great economic stability,” he told Monaco Hebdo. “They can spend three times as much as we do, while I had to start from scratch with Napoli.

“There are many things to be done, starting from the stadium, which is handed over to me one day before the match.

“The municipality, who own the property, haven't done any works there in 40 years.”

De Laurentiis was then asked about the unusual contracts that he asked his players to sign.

“It's true, I make contracts of up to 120 pages. I don't care about the way things have been done in the past, I think that everything can be changed.

“I wouldn't buy a player who won't let me have all of his image rights. I do the same thing with actors. Some people think I'm crazy.

“[Ezequiel] Lavezzi and [Edinson] Cavani? I have no regrets. I sold the former for €33m and the latter for €65m, I think it was a good deal.”

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
130798 messaggi

2yvo10i.jpg

Juventus and EA Sports sign three-year deal

The Bianconeri are going to be a focus of FIFA 17’s marketing.

http://www.blackwhitereadallover.com/2016/7/2/12085792/juventus-ea-sports-sign-an-3-year-deal-fifa17-fifa

Jul 2, 2016

Juventus and EA Sports have teamed up as gaming partners for FIFA 17. This is a three year partnership with EA Sports and the FIFA title.

Here are some of the details:

Fans can look forward to updated 3D head scans of the Serie A Champions, including stars like Gianluigi Buffon, Paul Pogba, and Giorgio Chiellini, and will enjoy stepping out on the pitch at Juventus Stadium, which has been brought to life, accurately modelled and recreated in-game.

In addition to new player faces and creating Juventus Stadium through FIFA 17’s brand new engine Frostbite™*, the partnership will see a range of cross-marketing activities during the 2016/17 season including EA SPORTS gaming pods with FIFA 17 located in Juventus Stadium, accessible before the matches and at half time, fan competitions hosted on EA and Juventus digital channels and a dedicated EA SPORTS sponsorship of the Juventus MVP of the month, supported by exclusive FIFA 17 digital content.

Juventus will also play a significant part in the overall marketing campaign of FIFA 17, including featuring on the FIFA 17 demo as well as in upcoming global marketing content, featuring Juventus players rendered in-game.

This all has to do with the new Frostbite engine where things will be highly detailed more than any other previous version (I’ve already pre-ordered mine). The game comes out on September 27th (in the States).

If you want to read the whole article just click here.

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
130798 messaggi

2yvo10i.jpg

Max Allegri names Juventus' first group

of players to arrive at preseason training

http://www.blackwhitereadallover.com/2016/7/5/12101058/

juventus-preseason-training-squad-max-allegri-2016-serie-a

Jul 5, 2016

Ladies and gentlemen, behold, the new season is almost upon us.

I say this not only because Juventus manager Max Allegri, via the club's official website, has announced the group of players who will be showing up for the first day of preseason training. All players will report to Juve's training facility at Vinovo, with the obvious absentees being those players who took part in the European Championship (or, like Paul Pogba and Patrice Evra, are still playing in the tournament). Also not there is midfielder Claudio Marchisio, who at last look is still on vacation with his family in Sardinia.

So now I'll stop rambling and looking at Marchisio's Instagram profile. Here's the list of players who Allegri will be screaming things at tomorrow's opening training session:

Alex Sandro
Kwadwo Asamoah
Alberto Cerri
Luca Coccolo
Mattia Del Favero
Anastasios Donis
Paulo Dybala
Hernanes
Grigoris Kastanos
Mario Lemina
Pol Lirola
Leonardo Loria
Roman Macek
Rolando Mandragora
Luca Marrone
Federico Mattiello
Neto
Stefano Padovan
Giulio Parodi
Roberto Pereyra
Carlo Pinsoglio
Miralem Pjanic
Lorenzo Rosseti
Daniele Rugani
Yoan Severin
Mame Baba Thiam
Joel Untersee
Mattia Vitale
Alessandro Vogliacco

As you can see, there are some names we know like Paulo Dybala, Alex Sandro, Daniele Rugani and new signing Miralem Pjanic. There's some former primavera players or youngsters signed over the last year or two who are back after loan spells, and other youngsters who will likely be a part of Juve's top youth squad come the start of the fall.

And surely, before it is all said and done this preseason, players will go back out on loan or even be sold off as Juventus' front office continues to shape the big team's roster before the season opener in August.

You know what the best part of this is? Juventus start preseason preparations on Wednesday. And that means we're just one day closer to the 2016-17 season actually beginning. Plus we'll have something other than transfer rumors to talk about — and that's always a good thing.

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
130798 messaggi

2yvo10i.jpg

China propose 'Super Champions League'

http://www.football-italia.net/87029/china-propose-super-champions-league

Jul 8, 2016

China propose an elite tournament between the top five leagues which would be even more marketable than the Champions League.

The Chinese conquest of world football continues as Wanda Group, owned by the richest man in China Wang Jianlin, have suggested creating a new tournament for Europe's top teams.

The competition would bring together only teams from the top five leagues in Europe, meaning England, Italy, Spain, France and Germany.

These are the championships which generate by far the greatest revenue in terms of broadcasting rights, and they would allow for a whole new level of business, sponsorship deals and marketing.

According to Repubblica, the president of sports marketing company Infront Sports & Media, Marco Bogarelli, has already been in touch with some of the top European clubs to broach the subject.

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
130798 messaggi

2yvo10i.jpg

Suicide in Juve investigation

http://www.football-italia.net/87161/suicide-juve-investigation

Jul 11, 2016

An investigation into criminal infiltrations within Juventus' fan circles thickens as one of the key witnesses commits suicide.

The Gazzetta dello Sport is running a report on the ongoing investigations surrounding the alleged infiltrations within the Juventus fan culture by the 'ndrangheta, the most powerful Italian crime syndicate based in Calabria.

The criminal organisation is allegedly trying to set up contacts with the heads of the fan groups, with a view of slowly creating links within the club itself. Their target is reportedly to control illegal ticket selling as well as have the option of setting up preferential football trials for young players.

One of the main witnesses on the subject, Raffaello Bucci, was the head of the ultras group 'Drughi' and simutaneously worked for Telecontrol as the head of security for the Bianconeri's ticket-selling venues. He also acted as an external consultant for Juventus in the club's relationship with the tifosi.

Bucci had been interrogated on the subject of the 'ndrangheta's illegal ticket touting and their links within the fandom, providing responses which were according to some reports contradictory and unsatisfactory. Only 24 hours later, he stopped his car by the edge of a bridge and leapt off.

He was not under investigation himself, but rather interviewed as a witness.

Another leader of the Drughi, also expected to be interrogated as a key witness, vanished seven days ago and his fate is currently being investigated.

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
130798 messaggi

2yvo10i.jpg

Juventus squad for Australia trip

http://www.football-italia.net/87468/juventus-squad-australia-trip

Jul 16, 2016

Juventus named their squad for the Australian tour, including Miralem Pjanic, Medhi Benatia and Roberto Pereyra.

The Bianconeri set off tomorrow for the trip, which will see them play friendlies against Melbourne Victory, Tottenham and South China.

Coach Max Allegri brings along 25 players, including new buys Benatia and Pjanic.

Surprisingly, Pereyra is also coming along, despite reports of a likely transfer to Napoli.

The Italy and France internationals who took part in Euro 2016 are not yet back from their vacation.

Juventus squad: Alex Sandro, Asamoah, Audero, Benatia, Blanco, Cerri, Coccolo, Del Favero, Dybala, Hernanes, Kastanos, Lemina, Lirola, Loria, Macek, Marrone, Neto, Padovan, Parodi, Pereyra, Pjanic, Rosseti, Rugani, Severin, Vitale

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
130798 messaggi

2yvo10i.jpg

Juventus must pay Nike €2m

http://www.football-italia.net/87505/juventus-must-pay-nike-€2m

Jul 17, 2016

Juventus will have to pay Nike €2m over the decision to sell unauthorised jerseys with three Scudetto starts, it’s reported.

According to the papers in Italy, a judge ruled in favour of Nike in the case against the Bianconeri.

In Serie A, teams are allowed to place a gold star on their shirt for every 10 Scudetti won and a silver star for every 10 editions of the Coppa Italia.

When Juventus won the first title of the Antonio Conte era in 2012, the club asked then-kit sponsors Nike to add a third star in order to mark their 30thScudetto.

However, Nike opposed the move, as the Calciopoli trial technically revoked two of those titles, so it was for the history books only their 28th triumph.

Juve and Nike reached a compromise, releasing a shirt with ’30 sul campo’ (30 on the pitch), but the Bianconeri also allowed the release of unauthorised official merchandise with three stars.

Nike were furious and terminated the contract by mutual consent in October 2013, when Juventus moved to Adidas.

The kit sponsors requested €80m damages, but the tribunal in Geneva has ordered Juventus to pay €2m.

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
130798 messaggi

2yvo10i.jpg

Juventus statement on Nike case

http://www.football-italia.net/87514/juventus-statement-nike-case

Jul 17, 2016

Juventus released a statement on the reports of a €2m damages payment to Nike over a third star on the jersey post-Calciopoli.

The reports in several Italian papers today claimed Juve were ordered to pay €2m damages to Nike, their former kit sponsors, due to an incident in 2012.

It was suggested the Bianconeri went ahead against Nike’s wishes and released official merchandise with three stars – representing 30 Scudetti – when two had been revoked in the Calciopoli scandal.

“In relation to news published unlawfully today about the arbitration dispute between Nike and Juventus, since in breach of the confidentiality expected from arbitration governed by the "Uncitral" rules, the club states that:

“The amount it will have to pay is far below two million euros.

“This amount has no relation to the "30 sul campo” initiative, which indeed has produced commercial benefits for Nike as acknowledged by the arbitration panel.

“Juventus reserves every right and action, including the appeal of the arbitration decision.”

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
130798 messaggi

xofhxd.jpg

ICC 2016: Four questions ahead of Juventus-Melbourne Victory

What will Massimiliano Allegri and Kevin Muscat be focused

on when Juventus take on Melbourne Victory at the MCG?

http://www.goal.com/en-gb/news/24102/icc-2016/2016/07/22/25837362/-?

Jul 22, 2016

Juventus and Melbourne Victory will open the 2016 International Champions Cup (ICC) on Saturday and both clubs will be looking for answers ahead of their respective league seasons.

Massimiliano Allegri has less than a month to prepare before Juve's defence of their Serie A title begins, while Victory coach Kevin Muscat has until October 7 before his club's A-League campaign starts.

But they will both be looking for answers to some key questions in their upcoming ICC fixtures.

Juve face Victory at the MCG on Saturday and Tottenham three days later, while Muscat's men also have a match against Atletico Madrid scheduled in Geelong on July 31.

Is Pjanic a perfect replacement for Pogba?

Miralem Pjanic is Juve's star recruit so far in the lead-up to the 2016-17 season, with the Bosnia and Herzegovina international having joined the Italian champions from Roma.

Pjanic hardly has an identical playing style to Pogba but if the Frenchman leaves Turin, it will be the former who will be expected to take over as Juve's leading midfielder.

Pogba's future seems to oscillate daily with the 23-year-old heavily linked with Manchester United, although the deal remains unconfirmed.

Regardless, Juventus need to be planning for his potential departure.

Last season, Pogba produced 10 goals and 16 assists in all competitions for Juve, with Allegri seemingly giving him licence to roam throughout the midfield.

Pjanic is more of a classic central midfield playmaker but his return of 12 goals and 13 assists in 2015-16 indicates he could cover Pogba in terms of pure numbers.

Saturday's match will give Allegri and Juve fans alike the first indication of whether Pjanic can replace the on-pitch gravitas that Pogba so clearly possesses.

What position will Alan Baro play?

When Victory announced they had signed the Spanish defender on July 10 they were keen to emphasise the 31-year-old's versatility.

Alan Baro is naturally a centre-back but has regularly slotted in as a defensive midfielder and right-back throughout his career in the Spanish lower leagues.

The Big V's high-profile friendly against Juve will give local supporters an opportunity to see what Muscat's plans are for Baro.

While Baro seems to be a natural replacement for former Victory defender Matthieu Delpierre, it would be interesting to see Muscat use him in midfield alongside captain Carl Valeri due to the Big V's struggles to adequately replace former skipper Mark Milligan last term.

Young central defenders James Donachie and Nick Ansell have both cracked the 50-game mark in the A-League, and should be expected to hold down a starting position at the ages of 23 and 22, respectively.

Using Baro both in defence and midfield could provide Victory with much more flexibility throughout the upcoming campaign, and the former Ponferradina man will be properly tested in the centre of the pitch if he lines up against the likes of Pjanic or Atletico Madrid's Koke this month.

Are any fringe midfielders likely to break into Allegri's first XI?

Last season, Allegri's preferred midfielders - in terms of Serie A starts - were Pogba (33), Claudio Marchisio (23) and Sami Khedira (20).

With Pogba's future uncertain and Marchisio (knee) and Khedira (groin) injured, ICC 2016 is the perfect opportunity for Juventus' fringe midfielders to stake a claim for more game time.

Kwadwo Asamoah and Hernanes have the experience to settle into Allegri's starting XI but will need an impressive pre-season to ensure they are at the forefront of their coach's mind when Serie A rolls around.

The likes of Mario Lemina and Roberto Pereyra will be desperate to make an impact before new signing Marko Pjaca joins the Turin-based club from Dinamo Zagreb.

With Pogba, Marchisio and Khedira all having been left out of Allegri's ICC 2016 squad, Juventus' matches against Victory and Tottenham in Melbourne will be the perfect stage for the aforementioned quartet to impress.

Where should Muscat focus in the transfer market?

Having bid farewell to imports Delpierre, Kosta Barbarouses and Gui Finkler - amongst a host of other players - after the 2015-16 A-League campaign, this close-season was always going to be a busy one for Muscat.

Due to the A-League's restrictions on imports of five per club, how Muscat fills Victory's final two visa slots will be critical in deciding where the Big V finish this season.

There is no doubt some Victory players are hoping the recent departures will mean they can change roles in Muscat's line-up or step up as a first-teamer.

Fahid Ben Khalfallah would like to play centrally, Oliver Bozanic would probably suit a more advanced role and Ansell and Donachie - as mentioned earlier - will be aiming to lock down a starting position.

Muscat has a number of holes to fill in his squad ahead of October - the Big V have just 18 players on senior contracts for next season - and his priorities for the next couple of months could be significantly affected by Victory's ICC 2016 performances.

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
130798 messaggi

2yvo10i.jpg

Five things to look forward to in Juventus’ International Champions Cup opener

Juventus open up the International Champions Cup against Melbourne Victory on Saturday.

We look at a few things that could happen.

http://www.blackwhitereadallover.com/2016/7/23/12222010/juventus-

melbourne-victory-2016-international-champions-cup-preview

Jul 23, 2016

Juventus arrive in Australia far from the full-strength monster many are expecting them to be come the start of the 2016-17 domestic campaign. Euro 2016 has a lot to do with that, as nearly every one of Juve’s projected starting XI are still on extended holiday following the tournament’s conclusion.

That’s no surprise, though. With Juventus’ bevy of representatives at the European Championship, seeing players getting extended holidays was to be expected. And once most of those saw their country’s make relatively deep runs in the tournament, the unfortunate truth for those in Australia and Hong Kong was that a full-strength Juventus squad wasn’t going to happen.

(But Paul Pogba is not called up for the International Champions Cup for some other reasons. It has nothing to do with the fact that France made it to the Euro 2016 final. Not a damn thing.)

(That is sarcasm. And you should treat it as such.)

The bright of all of this? Some players that we might not have gotten to see make the trip halfway around the world if Juventus were at full strength got to pack their bags and accompany the first teamers over to Australia. You look up and down the 25-man squad Max Allegri has brought with him for the International Champions Cup matchesagainst Melbourne Victory and Tottenham and see names that are either from Juve’s primavera squad or those who were out on loan a season ago.

It might not be a full-strength Juventus squad, but it’s our beloved Juventus nonetheless. And with a summer that has been filled with transfer rumors galore, it will be nice to actually watch a game for a change. It might not mean anything in the grand scheme of things, but it’s a game and I like when Juventus plays.

What do we get to see other than the general notion of Juventus being back on the field once again and playing in a game, albeit a friendly?

Miralem Pjanic making his unofficial Juventus debut

When you boil down to it all, I think this is the thing I’m most looking forward to about Saturday’s International Champions Cup opener. Dani Alves may get some of the bigger and flashier headlines because of what he’s accomplished in his career and where he’s coming from, but Pjanic is Juventus’ No. 1 signing this summer. (Barring the acquisition of any world-class No. 9, of course.)

While the other main parts to the center of the Juventus midfield are either rehabbing from injury (Claudio Marchisio), off on a beach somewhere with supermodels (Sami Khedira) or seeing his name linked to the team he used to play for about once every five seconds while on holiday (Pogba), Pjanic has been training and adapting to his new club. That’s huge. And not just so that he adapts to his new teammates, but he also settles into Allegri’s system.

Pjanic has already spoken about the understanding he’s starting to develop with Paulo Dybala, something that should just make your mouth water at the possibilities of what that connection will look like come October, November and December as things really do start to click.

Watching Pjanic develop in this Juventus team is going to be fun because he provides the club with another weapon in an already talented midfield. No matter who he may be playing alongside against Melbourne Victory, Saturday will be the first step in that.

We get to see Paulo Dybala and his lovely smile again

The summer of 2016 for one Mr. Dybala started with disappointment after not being included in Argentina’s squad for both Copa America and the 2016 Summer Olympics. Judging by all of the smiling pictures we’ve seen of young Paulo over the course of the last week or two, he’s over it and ready to get the season going.

And based on the way his first season went at Juventus, his second season is filled with just that much more in terms of expectations. He’s shown he can handle it before, so it’s not like this is suddenly newfound territory for the young Argentian with the boyish good looks. He was the star of the show for a good portion of the 2015-16 campaign that saw Juve capture a fifth straight Scudetto.

A lot like Pjanic adapting to his new surroundings, this is the first step in Dybala building off what was an incredible first season with Juventus.

Daniele Rugani leading Juventus’ defense

With Juventus’ other Italian defenders sitting on a beach somewhere and enjoying their respective post-Euro 2016 vacations, the amount of central defenders currently in Australia who were on the roster last season is only at one. And that would be Rugani, Juventus’ soon-to-be 22-year-old who so much is expected of in the future.

We don’t know how many starts Rugani will get come the Serie A season, but him playing against Melbourne Victory is a certainty. And no matter what formation Allegri goes with Saturday night, Rugani will be in the middle of it all. That feels good to type, and it will be even better to see considering we sat through a first half of the 2015-16 campaign that saw very little in terms of Rugani playing time.

Rugani will likely be a regular starter on this trip considering who else has made the flight to Australia. That’s good. We like Daniele Rugani and the player a lot of us think he can develop into. Why not continue to remind us of that over the next couple of games, right?

An appearance by another former Roma player, Medhi Benatia

Again, the fact that Bonucci, Barzagli and Chiellini aren’t around means that the chances of Benatia getting playing time are just that much higher. Seeing as he’s been training with the squad for the better part of the last week-plus since his arrival from Bayern Munich was finalized, I wouldn’t be surprised if Allegri rolls with a four-man backline with Rugani and Benatia at the center of the defense.

Benatia, while also expected to be a bench player like Rugani, is in a completely different situation than the young Italian. Benatia, who left Italy two summers ago as one of the best defenders in Serie A, is looking to reboot his career after a pair of disappointing seasons with Bayern. He’s battled bad form, he’s battled injuries. And he’s battled the fact that he wasn’t the No. 1 option on a team flush with talent.

While that last part is going to be present at Juventus, too, he’s going to be in a country where he’s familiar and with a group of players that know him as well. His lone deal does not have mandatory buy option worked into it, so this is massively important year for Benatia. He’s got something to prove, without a doubt.

With so many regulars missing, what youngsters will get to play?

Short answer: It’s the first noteworthy friendly of the season and everybody will probably get at least some kind of playing time. Unless Allegri feels like Neto needs a full 90 minutes in goal and none of the primavera goalkeepers beside Emil Audero on the trip get to play.

Allegri has said that everybody will play, which shouldn’t be all too surprising seeing as the limited first team options and the fact that it’s the first major friendly of the summer. There will be a lot of faces that we aren’t all that familiar with considering watching primavera games outside of Italy isn’t the easiest thing to do. But there are names we know outside of the Dybala, Pjanic, Alex Sandro likes in the squad.

Not only do these friendlies prepare the squad for the upcoming season, but we also do get a glimpse of who may be trying to make a name for themselves in a year or two. It’s always nice to see youngsters try and do some things this time of year.

I believe Mr. Pjanic is right. No matter how much playing time so of the younger players do end up getting, this is a pretty great experience for them.

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
130798 messaggi

2yvo10i.jpg

Juventus lose to Melbourne on pens

http://www.football-italia.net/88223/juventus-lose-melbourne-pens

Jul 23, 2016

Juventus drew 1-1 with Melbourne Victory thanks to an extraordinary Carlos Blanco goal from midfield, but lost the penalty shoot-out.

The Bianconeri began their International Champions Cup campaign in Australia. The internationals who took part in Euro 2016 and the Copa America were still on vacation, while new Medhi Benatia and Miralem Pjanic were on the bench.

Alberto Cerri and Mario Lemina had efforts over the bar early on, while Paulo Dybala’s free kick skimmed the near top corner.

Daniele Rugani came even closer, his low strike thumping the base of the upright from 12 yards.

Norberto Neto did have to pull off a splendid save from point-blank range on Besart Berisha’s header.

Juventus broke the deadlock with a truly sensational strike, as Carlos Blanco Moreno spotted the goalkeeper off his line and lobbed him from the centre-circle!

Goalkeeper Emil Audero was decisive on Mitch Austin from close range and he also fired over from a promising position.

A Juve squad packed with youth team players eventually capitulated after a quick passing move from Melbourne Victory, finalised by Jai Ingham’s angled drive.

Under the International Champions Cup rules, it went to penalties after a draw at 90 minutes. Audero saved the first spot-kick from Carl Valeri, but Roman Macek saw his attempt parried and Stefano Padovan’s last attempt was denied.

Melbourne Victory 1-1 Juventus (4-3 on pens)

Blanco 58 (J), Ingham 83 (M)

Melbourne Victory: Thomas; Nigro (Geria 46), Donachie, Ansell (Baro 66), Georgievski (Galloway 46); Mahazi (Hope 81), Bozanic (Pasquali 66), Broxham (Valeri 46); Ben Khalfallah (Ingham 46), Berisha (Howard 66), Austin

Juventus: Neto (Audero 64); Rugani (Parodi 46), Marrone, Severin (Blanco 46), Lirola; Lemina (Macek 46), Hernanes (Vitale 46), Asamoah (Kastanos 46), Alex Sandro (Coccolo 46); Dybala (Padovan 46), Cerri (Rosseti 46)

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
130798 messaggi

xofhxd.jpg

Melbourne Victory 1-1 Juventus (pens: 4-3):

Bianconeri lose in ICC opener

A Jai Ingham goal cancelled out Carlos Blanco's stunning strike in the second half,

taking the game to a shootout, where the Austrlians claimed the win.

http://www.goal.com/en/match/melbourne-victory-vs-juventus/2221855/report

Jul 23, 2016

Melbourne Victory goalkeeper Lawrence Thomas bounced back from second-half embarrassment to secure a 4-3 penalty shootout triumph over Juventus in the International Champions Cup.

Thomas looked on helplessly as Juventus youngster Carlos Blanco sent a 50-yard chip sailing over his head to sensationally open the scoring in a 1-1 draw at the Melbourne Cricket Ground.

That lead remained intact until seven minutes from time when Jai Ingham slotted home a fine and deserved equaliser for the hosts and Thomas cast himself as the shootout hero, with decisive saves from Roman Macek and Stefano Padovan to claim a significant pre-season scalp for the A-League side.

carlos-blanco-juventus-melbourne-victory

carlos-blanco-juventus-melbourne-victory

With Juventus' Euro 2016 stars absent - most notably Paul Pogba as speculation over a mooted world-record transfer to Manchester United continues to swirl - Massimiliano Allegri fielded a somewhat unfamiliar XI, although star forward Paulo Dybala was to the fore during his team's best first-half moments.

The Argentina international, who Juventus are reportedly close to uniting with his compatriot Gonzalo Higuain in attack, showed plenty of bright flashes and rippled the top of the netting with an excellent whipped free-kick.

Much of the Victory's best work came via the impressive Mitch Austin on the left flank and his teasing cross on the stroke of half-time was headed goalwards by Besart Berisha to prompt a sharp reaction stop from Neto.

Following the anticipated raft of half-time substitutions, Blanco brought the contest to life in style as Thomas under-hit a clearance, but Juventus were unable to build on the breakthrough.

Austin blotted his evening's work by blazing over at the back post but Ingham was on hand to convert a pleasing one-touch move with a measured low finish.

Ingham scored the first of four consecutive successful penalties from the Victory after Carl Valeri's initial effort was saved and Thomas capitalised on his team-mate's composure.

Juventus return to the MCG to face Tottenham on Tuesday.

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
130798 messaggi

xofhxd.jpg

Juventus defeat gives Allegri more questions as Pogba exit looms

The Bianconeri coach will be disappointed with his side's flat performance in the absence

of their key midfielders as they lost on penalties to Melbourne Victory.

http://www.goal.com/en-gb/news/24102/icc-2016/2016/07/23/25874102/-?

Jul 23, 2016

The seemingly imminent departure of Paul Pogba gave Juventus' fringe midfielders an opportunity to impress coach Massimiliano Allegri in their penalty shootout defeat to Melbourne Victory on Saturday.

However, the 48-year-old will have been left with many concerns over the options available to him, with his second string midfield trio failing to inspire.

Allegri said before the game he likes travelling to Australia in pre-season because of the lower temperatures, but as the mercury dropped to seven degrees Celsius at the MCG, Juventus appeared frozen.

Carlos Blanco's incredible strike from near the halfway line gave the Italians the lead early in the second half of the International Champions Cup fixture.

But the hosts deservedly took the match to a penalty shootout thanks to Jai Ingham's late strike, before goalkeeper Lawrence Thomas made two saves to see Victory triumph.

None of Allegri's preferred midfield trio from last season - Pogba, Claudio Marchisio and Sami Khedira - made the trip to Australia.

Pogba, who made 33 starts in Serie A last term, is yet to return to Juventus duty following Euro 2016, and as a move away from Turin seems imminent for the Frenchman, the performance of the midfield will have given the coach a few concerns as to the depth of his midfield.

With the injured Marchisio and Khedira also absent, Allegri picked Kwadwo Asamoah, Hernanes and Mario Lemina as his starting midfielders in a 3-5-2 formation in Melbourne, with Alex Sandro and Pol Lirola filling the wingback roles.

Asamoah, Hernanes and Lemina were withdrawn at half-time and it is hard to believe any of them will break into Juve's starting XI during 2016-17 based on their performance against Victory.

Last season, Hernanes started 10 matches in Serie A, while Lemina and Asamoah, the more impressive of the three in the ICC opener, managed seven and six, respectively.

The Ghanaian, who was chosen to wear the captain's armband in the absence of regular skipper Gianluigi Buffon, linked up well with Sandro on the left but rarely threatened Victory's defence.

Hernanes didn't make too many mistakes as the holding midfielder, however, he was also rarely involved in the play in a rather pedestrian performance.

Instead, it was Lemina who was particularly disappointing.

juventus-melbourne-victory-international

The 22-year-old had three scoring opportunities in the first half and failed to craft a proper shot on target, scuffing his first two chances and then seeing his third blocked.

Lemina was rusty and he could see himself drop down the pecking order in Turin if Juve recruit Marko Pjaca starts strongly following his switch from Dinamo Zagreb.

On another night, Victory could have won in regular time.

Juve goalkeeper Neto produced a fine save just before half-time to deny Besart Berisha's diving header, while after the break, Mitch Austin should have done better with his effort in the 79th minute.

In the end a sharp passing move in the 83rd minute ensured Victory forced a shootout, as Ingham rolled past his marker to convert, with the home side emerging with a 4-3 win in penalties.

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
130798 messaggi

2yvo10i.jpg

Allegri refuses to answer Higuain, Pogba questions after Juventus loss

Bianconeri lose in penalty shootout to Melbourne.

http://www.blackwhitereadallover.com/2016/7/23/12262388/allegri-refuses-answer-

higuain-pogba-questions-juventus-melbourne-napoli-manchester-united-transfer

Jul 23, 2016

Juventus manager Massimiliano Allegri was swamped with questions about potential transfers in his post-match conference after losing to hosts Melbourne Victory. The Italian champions are in Australia to kick off their pre-season schedule playing in the International Champions Cup.

At around the halftime mark of the game, news broke back in Italy that Gonzalo Higuain had not only completed a medical administered by Juventus officials (in Madrid, of all places), but had already signed a five-year contract with the Bianconeri. If that is true, then all that is left to complete this transaction is Juve paying Napoli the release clause amount, a whopping €94 million.

As can be expected, the post-match press conference turned into a melee with all the media interested more in the transfer activities than the game itself.

On Higuain -

"I don't talk about transfer news. The only thing I can talk about tonight is the game."

On Pogba -

"As I said before, I'm not going to talk about transfer news.

"We just had a game. I'm not sure what's happened in the transfer market during the last few days, so once again I prefer to have questions regarding the game."

On the game -

"It was a decent workout for us. I'm happy with how our youngsters performed this evening."

This is all really interesting because if Juventus can hold on to Paul Pogba despite mounting pressure from Manchester United (and what feels like the world’s media), that will give the Turin side a world-beating squad the likes of which they have not seen in easily over a decade.

As for the game itself, there was really little to be said about it. Fielding a squad heavily reliant on youngsters, the Bianconeri took the lead early in the second half through a sensational strike by defender Carlos Blanco. The Aussies pulled a goal back late, before winning the resulting penalty shootout 4-3 with Roman Macek and Stefano Padovan seeing their spotkicks saved.

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
130798 messaggi

xofhxd.jpg

Juventus v Tottenham Hotspur Betting:

Goals set to flow at the MCG

Both teams are missing players yet both boast new signings who will be keen to make an impact

and we are backing goals at both ends at the Melbourne Cricket Ground.

http://www.goal.com/en/news/2994/betting/2016/07/25/25919252/-?

Jul 25, 2016

While Juventus are making headlines for the players likely to be coming and going in Turin, it is easy to forget that there is pre-season football to be played for the reigning Serie A champions.

With the future of midfield star Paul Pogba still unresolved and reports of a huge bid for Napoli frontman Gonazlo Higuain dominating the news, Max Allegri's side kicked off their summer with a 1-1 draw against Melbourne Victory on Saturday, going on to lose on penalties to the local side, and next up for Juve are Premier League outfit Tottenham Hotspur.

The north Londoners head to Australia without 10 senior players, as manager Mauricio Pochettino has decided to give an extended rest to those members of the squad who made it out of the group stage with their respective countries at Euro 2016.

However, the north Londoners will still have some experienced players on show, while new signings Victor Wanyama and Vincent Janssen are likely to feature, with their starting XI set to be much closer to full strength than that of Juve. Allegri has left the majority of his top players at home, with striker Pablo Dybala the only first choice footballer to start in their previous game.

Therefore because of their greatly weakened squad, the most successful team in the history of Serie A are not favourites against Spurs with NetBet offering both teams at 8/5 (2.60) to win the match. The draw meanwhile is offered at 9/4 (3.25) while over 2.5 goals can be backed at 10/11 (1.91) and both teams to score is offered at 20/27 (1.74). While the game is a genuine pick 'em in terms of the match winner, backing goals could prove a better route for punters.

It will be far from full strength of course, yet the Juve starting line-up should be boosted by the inlcusion of new signings Miralem Pjanic and Medhi Benatia, who Allegri has said will feature against Spurs and that should make the game as even as the bookmakers clearly think it will be. Both teams to score therefore looks a fair option for the clash, while punters who are confident in either side can enjoy odds of 15/4 (4.75) for their chosen team to win while conceding. 

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
130798 messaggi

smrn9d.jpg

Juventus vs. Tottenham: 2016 ICC Time, TV Schedule, Live Stream

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2653765-juventus-vs-tottenham-2016-icc-time-tv-schedule-live-stream?

Jul 26, 2016

Juventus will face Tottenham Hotspur in their second match of this year's International Champions Cup in Melbourne, Australia, the annual pre-season tournament that has become a fixture on the calendars of top clubs.

The Bianconeri have travelled without a host of top players and fielded several members of their Primavera youth squad in the 1-1 draw against Melbourne Victory. The hosts won the penalty shootout, handing them an extra point in the standings.

Tottenham will play their first ICC match on Tuesday, before a clash with La Liga giants Atletico Madrid on Friday.

Date: Tuesday, July 26

Time: 11 a.m. BST/6 a.m. ET

Venue: Melbourne Cricket Ground

Preview

Both Juventus and Spurs have mainly occupied themselves with promotional events and gym workouts in Australia, and Tuesday's friendly should not be taken too seriously as an eye on the upcoming season.

With key players missing for both teams, fans will likely see a host of youngsters and fringe players try to earn their spot in next year's squad, while the biggest stars do their best not to get hurt.

These pre-season tours serve mainly as a promotional events, and Spurs have done their best to keep things lighthearted, as shared by their Twitter account.

For Juventus, the promotional aspect of the tour is arguably even bigger. The Bianconeri have a soccer school in Melbourne as part of their massive global youth programme, and they've been working hard on their brand in Australia.

Even club legend David Trezeguet travelled with the team to make an appearance:

On the pitch, all eyes will be on the duo of Paulo Dybala and MiralemPjanic, two of the club's biggest stars who are looking to build some chemistry. The latter moved to Turin during the summer and already seems to be adapting to his new surroundings, combining well with the former for an outrageous goal in the team's first friendly against San Mauro.

New signing Medhi Benatia could make his debut, and Roberto Pereyra will also be available.

Spurs fans will be keeping an eye on summer addition Vincent Janssen, who joined the club from AZ Alkmaar after a sensational campaign in the Eredivisie last year.

Victor Wanyama could also feature, and team-mate Kevin Wimmer is excited to see them both in action, as he told the club's official website:

Of course, I knew about them before. Victor has shown in the Premier League already that he’s a very good player, a very strong midfielder and Vincent also – we played against him with the Austrian national team in June and in that game I saw him for the first time.

He did very well then, he scored and I’m very happy that we have these two great players now. I think they will help us a lot.

Janssen found the target in the 3-1 win over Rotherham United and, with Harry Kane still recovering from his UEFA Euro 2016 campaign for England, the Dutchman will have another chance to show what he can do on Tuesday.

The Juventus defence should give him quite a challenge, as star youngster Daniele Rugani is expected to start, and Benatia could join him. The experienced Luca Marrone started their last match, while highly rated full-backs Carlos Blanco and Pol Lirola both made an impression.

On the other side of the pitch, Dybala and Pjanic will come up against a young and relatively inexperienced Spurs defence, which should test the Premier League club's depth, as Belgium internationals JanVertonghen and Toby Alderweireld won't feature.

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
130798 messaggi

2yvo10i.jpg

Juventus 2 - Tottenham Hotspur 1: Initial

reaction and random observations

paulo-dybala-juventus-tottenham_1dh5tw56

http://www.blackwhitereadallover.com/2016/7/26/12283828/juventus-tottenham-hotspur-

2016-international-champions-cup-final-score-result-initial-reaction

Jul 26, 2016

Because it was a friendly, I can lede a post-game thread with something like this: If we were going to decide Tuesday’s Juventus-Tottenham winner based solely on the attractiveness of the kits being worn, then the boys in blue would have won in a landslide. But that’s not how these things are won, even in friendlies halfway across the world.

Ah, yet the same team that won the jersey battle also won the game.

Another good thing that happened besides Juventus looking quite fancy in the new away kits? Well, it’s the simple fact that against a very inexperienced and not all that great backline from the English opposition, Juventus did exactly what you would have hoped for entering the game. It was about as bright of a start as you could have hoped, with Paulo Dybala and debutant Medhi Benatia scoring goals less than 15 minutes in to give the reigning Serie A champions an early 2-0 lead that they rode to a 2-1 victory over Tottenham at the Melbourne Cricket Ground.

Juventus came out strong, they jumped on a team that was far from the full-strength side that will hoping to challenge for the Premier League title again this season and gave a rather pensive-looking Max Allegri at kickoff a reason to cheer up a bit despite the chilly weather in Melbourne.

In a friendly where Allegri knew full well that his starters weren’t going to play the entire game, that’s about as good of a start as you could have drawn up from this stage of the preseason. Allegri did stay true to his word on what kind of defense he would run out (four-man backline) and that the starters would get more minutes than they did in the penalty shootout loss to Melbourne Victory. Miralem Pjanic got about 65 minutes in his unofficial Juventus debut, Dybala was out there until around the 80th minute, Daniele Rugani was out there long enough to wear the captain’s armband.

It was a step in the right direction, that’s for sure. Juventus did good things, and Juventus won. I like when those two things can be used in the same sentence.

Random thoughts and observations

• The announcers on the ESPN stream I was watching opened the pre-game show by saying how surprised they were that Allegri “hadn’t moved to a big club yet.” Not a good way to start things out and get on our good side, guys!
  • First thought that popped into my head after the opening kickoff? These dudes are pressing so high up the field and it’s a damn friendly. Max wants his squad ready to go come the opening weekend of the Serie A season.
  • You could tell that it was the final week of July because Juventus’ set pieces were pretty much what you would expect less than a month into the preseason. Something tells me that Dybala and Pjanic will get on the same page when it comes to free kicks relatively soon. Just a hunch I’ve got, you guys.
  • Like I said in the post before the Melbourne Victory matchup, watching Daniele Rugani lead the Juventus defense is going to be fun to watch. And through two friendlies thus far, the young Italian hasn’t done anything to deter that notion. I think the best example came on a counterattack from Spurs late in the first half. Rugani played it absolutely perfect, eventually clearing the ball to Hernanes (who then turned it over). Rugani was one of Juve’s best players in the game. The kid is pretty good, you know.
  • Seriously, these blue jerseys are beautiful. Some great work by adidas on these.
  • Another jersey-related item: All of Juve’s goalkeeper kits this season look to be very, very bright. At least we won’t miss them on the field when they’re just standing around watching those exceptional defenders in front of them do their work.
  • Pol Lirola was the only primavera player to get the start against Tottenham, and for the second straight he held his own. Playing in his more natural right back position in the back four Allegri trotted out, you could see that the 18-year-old Spaniard has a bright future ahead of him if he continues to develop and improve. If those rumors about him going to Sassuolo on loan turn out to be true, that’s going to be a pretty good test for a player who could find himself back at Juventus in not too long.
  • It’s a relatively small sample size thus far, but Mario Lemina is playing like somebody who wants to stick around Juventus despite all of these transfer rumors flying around. He’s had two very good games to open the preseason friendly circuit.
  • Somebody who looked like he wanted to go hangout with the kangaroos instead of play against Tottenham? Hernanes.
  • As far as we know, nobody ended up getting hurt before the final whistle sounded. And, when it comes to playing these preseason friendlies, that kind of occurrence is pretty high up there when it comes to the priority list.

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
130798 messaggi

xofhxd.jpg

Juventus 2-1 Tottenham: Pochettino's men go down

to Italian champions in Melbourne

The Premier League outfit suffered a poor start in the game, with a mistake

from young defender Dominic Ball being capitalised on by Paulo Dybala.

medhi-benatia-juventus-tottenham_8hrsxh7

http://www.goal.com/en-gb/match/juventus-vs-tottenham-hotspur/2221856/report

Jul 26, 2016

Medhi Benatia scored his first goal for Juventus as the Serie A champions ran out 2-1 winners against Tottenham in the International Champions Cup in Melbourne.

The centre-back looped home a header after Paulo Dybala had put Juve in front with just six minutes played against a youthful Spurs side at the MCG.

Mauricio Pochettino's team enjoyed plenty of possession, particularly in the second half, but struggled to make any headway against an inexperienced Juve defence who did well to keep debutant Vincent Janssen quiet.

Miralem Pjanic impressed for Massimiliano Allegri's side but missed a superb chance for a third goal, and Erik Lamela gave Spurs hope of a comeback when he halved the deficit with 23 minutes left.

But Juve held on and looked largely in good shape, despite still missing the players involved at Euro 2016, including reported Manchester United target Paul Pogba.

The Old Lady broke the deadlock early on as errors in the Tottenham rearguard undid their promising early work.

Dominic Ball lost possession to Roberto Pereyra, and after Cameron Carter-Vickers failed to win the ball back with a slide tackle, the Argentinian picked out Dybala in space in the area, who lashed home into the bottom corner.

Dybala came close to a second on 13 minutes, latching onto a loose ball before letting fly from 25 yards, forcing Michel Vorm to tip the ball over the bar.

But when the resulting corner was cleared only as far as Pjanic, the midfielder clipped a fine cross towards former Roma team-mate Benatia, who rose highest to loop a header back across goal and into the right-hand corner of Vorm's net.

medhi-benatia-juventus-tottenham_fxf9fc0

paulo-dybala-juventus-tottenham_1dh5tw56

Youngster William Miller was a bright spark for Spurs in a disappointing half, and the 20-year-old felt aggrieved not to win a penalty when he went to ground under pressure from Benatia and Pol Lirola, although the contact was minimal.

Pochettino made four changes at the break and his side started the second half brightly, although Pjanic should have made it 3-0 when he raced in behind the Spurs defence following Hernanes' pass, only to balloon a shot over the bar from 12 yards out.

Lamela snatched a lifeline for Spurs, drilling low into the bottom-right corner after Victor Wanyama had done well to win back possession in Juve's half, and the Argentinian stung the palms of Neto when he side-footed straight at the Juve goalkeeper from the edge of the area.

Shayon Harrison was denied a stoppage-time equaliser when Neto saved well low to his right after good work from Lamela, allowing Juve to hold on for the win.

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
130798 messaggi

swcy9l.png

Juventus see off Spurs

maxresdefault.jpg

http://www.football-italia.net/88370/juventus-see-spurs?

Jul 26, 2016

Serie A champions Juventus have seen off the challenge of Tottenham Hotspur in a pre-season friendly.

Playing at the Melbourne Cricket Ground in Australia, Max Allegri’s team raced into an early two goal lead before eventually going on to register a 2-1 victory.

Strikes by forward Paulo Dybala and new signing Mehdi Benatia put the Bianconeri two up inside 14 minutes, before Erik Lamela responded in the second half for the English Premier League outfit.

The victory is Juve’s first of pre-season, having gone down on penalties to local side Melbourne Victory in their last outing after a 1-1 draw.

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
130798 messaggi

xofhxd.jpg

Reinvigorated Juventus side see past Tottenham in ICC tie

Both teams fielded a mix of first team, fringe players and youngsters

during their ICC friendly tie in which Juve's energy gave them the edge.

hqdefault.jpg

http://www.goal.com/en-gb/news/24102/icc-2016/2016/07/26/25952022/-?

Jul 26, 2016

Paulo Dybala, Miralem Pjanic and Co. gave Tottenham a timely reminder of what they can expect in the Champions League as Juventus won 2-1 on Tuesday.

Juventus' fluid 4-3-3 formation caused Tottenham plenty of problems in the International Champions Cup (ICC) match at the MCG, with Dybala and Mehdi Benatia scoring the goals to clinch victory.

Wearing their new blue away kit, Juventus were transformed compared to the pedestrian side that donned the traditional black-and-white stripes against Melbourne Victory on Saturday.

Juve had looked disinterested and rusty versus Victory as they lost in a penalty shootout following a 1-1 draw.

But Juve coach Massimiliano Allegri's prediction of an increase in intensity was proved accurate thanks to the inclusion of Pjanic, Benatia and Roberto Pereyra.

Pereyra's pressing led to Dybala's opening goal in the sixth minute, while Pjanic linked up with fellow debutant Benatia to double Juve's lead before the quarter-hour mark.

Analysing pre-season friendlies is often a difficult exercise. Teams can be in different phases of preparation when they play each other, while massed substitutions and missing first-teamers can make most conclusions feeble at best.

But although both Juve and Spurs were missing large groups of first-team regulars in Melbourne, there were indications Tottenham may need to be a bit smarter on the continent this season.

Tottenham's trip to Australia will be a good opportunity for Mauricio Pochettino's men to measure themselves ahead of their return to the Champions League.

Spurs' two ICC opponents - Juve and Atletico Madrid - have much greater recent Champions League experience.

Since Tottenham last played in Europe's premier club competition in 2010-11, Juve have played in four straight Champions League campaigns, qualifying for the 2014-15 final.

Atletico Madrid have competed in the last three Champions League campaigns, qualifying for two finals, plus they won the 2011-12 Europa League.

Juve's movement and pressing were key to their dominant first half, with Dybala and Pjanic frequently dropping deep to start attacks.

In defence, Dybala and Pjanic were part of a front three with Pereyra.

But when Juve won the ball, Dybala would regularly take up more of a classic number 10 position and Pjanic often appeared alongside holding midfielder Hernanes.

Pereyra, Mario Lemina and Alex Sandro provided attacking runs from deep.

Juve's first goal came when Pereyra won possession in his attacking half, surged forward and then fed Dybala on the edge of the box.

Benatia's goal was due to Tottenham's inability to clear a corner, with Pjanic collecting the loose ball and dinking his cross to the back post for the centre-back to head home.

Spurs improved in the second half thanks to the inclusion of Erik Lamela, who scored their goal, but Pochettino has some work to do before the Champions League begins in September.

Pochettino's two recruits - Victor Wanyama and Vincent Janssen - made starting debuts in Melbourne, with the former notching an assist for Lamela's goal.

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti