Millennium Stadium, Cardiff (Wales)

Referee: Felix Brych (Germany)

Allegri not worried by Juve final record

as he shakes off 'air of negativity'

With the Serie A title and Coppa Italia already in the bag, the confident

coach is looking for his side to play to their strengths against Real Madrid

http://www.goal.com/en/news/8/main/2017/05/29/35947992/-

May 29, 2017

Massimiliano Allegri insists he is not worried by Juventus' poor record in major European finals ahead of facing Real Madrid in a Champions League showdown in Cardiff on Saturday.

Juve have won only two of their eight final appearances in the premier continental showpiece, losing their last four - most recently against Barcelona in 2015.

But Allegri feels not enough has been made of the achievement in reaching the final and does not want to worry about such negative thoughts.

"It's an important match and we must simply do what we've produced all season long," he told a news conference.

"Negativity is infectious. When I took over there was an air of negativity which was frightening and I can sense a touch of that now too when I hear people talking about the finals we've lost.

"Juventus haven't lost six finals - we've been involved in eight. Making the final is incredible.

"There's only one Champions League like there's only one Super Bowl and what matters is being in the right place at the right time. I'm delighted to be in the final and I feel fortunate to be leading a team out in Cardiff on Saturday."

The Juve boss acknowledges, though, that his side are not favourites against Madrid, who have won the competition in two of the last three seasons.

"We must be relaxed in the build-up this week and prepare for the match without anxiety," he added.

"We're right to be optimistic, but I don't think it's fair to say – as I've been hearing recently – that Juventus are favourites.

"Real are in their third final in four seasons and are used to this stage of the competition, as are we with our second in the space of three years.

"It's a wonderful event and we deserve to be here. The lads have achieved this for everyone and we'll go there with greater belief in our ability than we had two years ago.

"We do, however, know we face Real and they're favourites. Juventus must once again become accustomed to being a fixture among Europe's top eight sides and we must avoid anxiety in the final as it only serves to sap away energy."

Condividi questo messaggio

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
130798 messaggi

kb54qd.jpg

xlf6gm.gif

JUVENTUS - REAL MADRID

5zk2vt.png           2016.png

FINAL

Saturday, June 3rd, 2017 - 8:45 p.m. CET

Real Madrid's greatest fitness concern is

not Gareth Bale, but Dani Carvajal

http://www.espnfc.co.uk/club/real-madrid/86/blog/post/3136069/real-

madrids-greatest-fitness-concern-is-not-gareth-bale-but-dani-carvajal

May 29, 2017

Regardless his offensive credentials and his track record of scoring in top-level matches, Gareth Bale is not Real Madrid's biggest fitness concern for Saturday's Champions League final versus Juventus. The Welshman could well be a key element to keep Dani Alves in check, but if he can't recover for the duel, Zinedine Zidane's team have other satisfactory options to cover for Bale.

However, that is not necessarily the case if Dani Carvajal does not make the final in Cardiff. The energetic full-back has enjoyed an outstanding season, during which, coupled with Marcelo's forays on the left flank, they've given opponents plenty to deal with when trying to contain Real Madrid's offense from both wings.

When in shape, Carvajal is a physically gifted dynamo able to run up and down for all 90 minutes. He can dominate the fastest wingers while making them work defensively, as he enjoys venturing forward as much as any other right-back in world football. Unfortunately, he tends to suffer muscular injuries, something that Madrid's medical team needs to address. If they do, the club will have a phenomenally reliable full-back for the next eight to ten years.

This season, Carvajal has shown new weapons in his arsenal. His passing looks more menacing, and he has added an outside-of-the-boot cross that hadn't appeared in previous years. For his offensive moves, he links up quite well with Luka Modric, but when Zidane decides to use Lucas Vazquez as a winger in front of Carvajal, the combination is especially potent.

It's hard to explain Carvajal's remarkable ability to influence matches from such a theoretically isolated position on the pitch. He's no Alves, as his participation is much less frequent, although almost equally damaging: They both have four assists in 10 Champions League matches this season.

He's no Marcelo either, lacking the Brazilian's skill to dribble and fool defenders with his footwork. Carvajal resembles more a classic full-back: fast, persistent, often times defeating his defender because of his sheer force of will rather than because of his technique.

One could say that good things tend to happen, both offensively and defensively, when Carvajal is involved in the match. This is the exact opposite of the feeling that his potential replacement, Danilo, conveys when he's on the pitch.

Zidane obviously trusts the Brazilian, who has been his first option to cover for Carvajal this season, especially during the past month. Danilo has indeed grown in confidence and performance, but he's still quite below the level expected for a Real Madrid starter. In a few instances per match he rushes his decisions, loses his defending assignments, misplaces key passes, mistimes his challenges.

When Danilo plays, the centre-back next to him (usually Sergio Ramos) needs to pay special attention to the Brazilian's back, while Modric refrains from venturing forward to avoid leaving him in one-on-one situations versus opposing wingers. In such a high-performing team, a weak link such as Danilo generates an imbalance that impacts the whole lineup, especially when Real Madrid's opponents in the final, Juventus, can send the likes of Paulo Dybala and Mario Mandzukic to put serious pressure on him.

Again, Zidane has given the Brazilian huge doses of confidence. Before the beginning of the season, had someone said that Danilo would start in 17 La Liga matches, it would have sounded like a joke, but that's exactly what has happened, and the club won La Liga anyway. But even though Zidane's confidence is apparent, Danilo has not upped his game as much as he should have. The Brazilian has not done enough to show that he can be trusted as a starter, even less in the biggest match in club football.

Zidane does have other options. The most evident, using Nacho Fernandez as a right-back, would quiet the concerns of most fans. Nacho has performed admirably in both full-back spots as well as in the centre of the defence whenever he's been required to do so, and looks a very safe bet to start on Saturday. But Madrid's French manager opted against this alternative in each of the final three La Liga matches, all of them key for the title, so it seems that if Carvajal can't make it, Danilo will get the nod.

Zidane knows better than any of us looking from the outside. But if Danilo is announced as a starter on Saturday afternoon, the match will have an extra dose of adrenaline for Real Madrid supporters.

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
130798 messaggi

kb54qd.jpg

xofhxd.jpg

JUVENTUS - REAL MADRID

FINAL

'Let's hope Ramos doesn't score in the 90th minute!' -

Juve striker Higuain ready for Madrid reunion

The Argentine striker is more aware than most about the quality possessed

by the Blancos as he prepares for the Champions League final in Cardiff

http://www.goal.com/en-gb/news/683/main/2017/05/30/35951352/-

May 30, 2017

Gonzalo Higuain says he still has great affection for Sergio Ramos as he prepares to do battle with his former team-mate when Juventus take on Real Madrid in the Champions League final.

The two teams meet on Saturday in Cardiff, Madrid looking to defend their continental crown as Juve target their first win in the competition since 1996.

Higuain spent seven prolific seasons at the Santiago Bernabeu earlier in his career, although Champions League glory eluded him.

The striker concedes his past with Madrid adds intrigue to the game on a personal level and discussed his bond with Ramos, who scored in his side's 2014 and 2016 final victories over Atletico Madrid and is likely to be his direct opponent when the match begins.

"Let's hope Ramos doesn't score in the 90th minute," Higuain, who scored twice in the semi-final tie against Monaco, told reporters.

"I have a lot of affection for him and his family and we still send each other messages.

"Football sometimes places you in situations like this one where I will face Real Madrid in the final.

"The fact that I played for Real earlier in my career adds some extra intrigue to the game for me personally but I can't stress how much I want to win the Champions League for Juventus.

"It will be evenly matched. I'm expecting a very difficult game – they are used to playing these kind of games.

"I was there for seven years and I know that very well, but we want to bring this trophy which Juve have been pursuing for years home."

Higuain insists he does not mind if he scores as long as Juve taste victory in a match he hopes can secure a historic treble.

"I hope we win, then it doesn't matter who scores," he said. "I came here to win. Right now we are doing well, we have won two competitions and we hope to win another in a few days.

"We have been praised from all corners for what we have done in Europe this season - all that is missing is the final step.

"Without doubt, the time has come. We have been working for this and, hopefully our efforts will be rewarded with victory. Winning the Champions League would be an extraordinary thing."

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
130798 messaggi

kb54qd.jpg

swcy9l.png

JUVENTUS - REAL MADRID

FINAL

Casillas: ‘Buffon deserves CL’

http://www.football-italia.net/103367/casillas-‘buffon-deserves-cl’

May 30, 2017

Iker Casillas says “if the opponent wasn’t Real Madrid, I’d want Gigi Buffon to win the Champions League”.

The Juventus captain has yet to lift the trophy, having been beaten in the final in both 2003 and 2015.

The two goalkeepers are good friends, and Casillas admits that the 39-year-old deserves to lift the trophy in Cardiff, but he will be supporting his former teammates.

“If the opponent wasn’t Madrid, I’d want him to win the Champions League with all my heart,” the Blancos legend told Gazzetta dello Sport.

“He deserves it. It’s obvious that I’m a Madrid fan, but Gigi’s journey shouldn’t end without the Champions League.

“He’s won almost everything, but this is a trophy he’s missing and it weighs heavily on him.

“He’s had a great season, he’s back in the final and for we ‘old people’ - I’m thinking of myself, Petr Cech… - it’s a good thing.

“It shows that at 39 you can still feel good and be competitive.

“He started at 17 when I was 14. It was amazing for me to think that a boy just older than me was already at that level with Parma.

“It was a pattern, I admired him, I followed in his footsteps and I envied him. That was for a little bit, because when I started playing regularly for Madrid in 2001 he moved to Juve.

“Then we continued on together.

“The Ballon d’Or? Maybe a goalkeeper could win it, but I think it’s very complicated.

“There were times where one of us could fight for the trophy, I’m thinking of [Peter] Schmeichel in 1999 when he won the Treble, or [Oliver] Kahn in 2002.

“I’ve never really been in the fight, we [goalkeepers] are marginalised. Only [Lev] Yashin won it in 1963 and it reminds me of landing on the moon: it’s been so long that we don’t even remember it.”

Casillas also gave his thoughts on the match in general, and believes Los Merengues’ winning record in finals could be important.

“It’s a balanced match. Juventus have always been strong at the back, but now that’s true up-front as well.

“With [Gonzalo] Higuain, [Mario] Mandzukic and [Paulo] Dybala they have a dangerous attack.

“Madrid are also strong up front, with a sensational [Cristiano] Ronaldo as always, but defensively I don’t think they’re impeccable. Let’s say I see Juve as being more compact. It’s 50-50.

“Does it matter than Juventus have lost six finals? Yes, certain things weigh on the minds of the players. Madrid have won the last five finals they’ve played, which no-one has ever done.

“It can have an influence, yes.

“Higuain? I’m very pleased about his success, he deserves it. Here he was often treated unfairly, crushed under the weight of comparisons which didn’t make sense.

“In Italy he’s proved his worth: I know people criticise him for fitness issues, but in Napoli before and at Juve this year he’s done great things, the numbers are there for all to see.

“If Juve are in the final then it’s also down to him, he enhances the respect and fear in the rivals. And he was important against Monaco.”

The 36-year-old was then asked about his own future, and whether he could make the move to Serie A. “I’m on standby,” Casillas explained.

“I have a clause which allows me to stay at Porto for another year, but I’m reflecting. We’ll decide together.

“Other options? Juve! Seriously though, they should take [Milan’s Gianluigi] Donnarumma. Leave him on loan for a year or two until Gigi retires and then bring him to Turin.

“If I were to bet on a young goalkeeper it would be him. There’s no-one else in Europe, there isn’t another 18-year-old with so many qualities.

“Obviously he still has to mature for a year or two, but his qualities are obvious.

“And me? As far as I’m concerned, Serie A is a good option. There are big teams, the football is important and I like the country.

“Now I’m in Portuguese exile, but yes I’d like to come to Italy. Then it would be beautiful to play against Gigi again, wonderful.

“We first met in the Champions League semi-finals in 2003. It was 2-1 for us at the Bernabeu, then we lost 3-1 in Turin and Gigi saved Luis Figo’s penalty.”

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
130798 messaggi

kb54qd.jpg

swcy9l.png

JUVENTUS - REAL MADRID

FINAL

Berlusconi: ‘Forza Juve!’  :sventola2:

http://www.football-italia.net/103373/berlusconi-‘forza-juve’

May 30, 2017

Former Milan President Silvio Berlusconi has no doubt about who to support in the Champions League final - “forza Juventus!”

The Bianconeri face Real Madrid in Cardiff this Saturday, as they seek to lift the trophy for the first time since beating Ajax on penalties in 1996.

“I’ve always cheered for Inter when they were in the international arena,” Berlusconi said as he received the Rosa Camuna award from the Regione Lombardia.

“I’ll do the same with Juve when they face Real. Forza Juve.”

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
130798 messaggi

kb54qd.jpg

swcy9l.png

JUVENTUS - REAL MADRID

FINAL

Zidane: ‘Two best teams in final’

http://www.football-italia.net/103375/zidane-‘two-best-teams-final’

May 30, 2017

Real Madrid Coach Zinedine Zidane feels “this year the two best teams are in the final” as he prepares for the Juventus game.

The Champions League final takes place in Cardiff this Saturday, with Los Merengues trying to win the competition for the second time in a row.

“It’s a final, the 90 minutes will be different,” Zidane said in his Press conference today.

“They’re good at the back and we’ve scored a lot, but that has nothing to do with the final. This year the two best teams are in the final, and as always we’ll see a great match.

“It’s the last game of the season for us, and in my opinion it’s the most important. We’ll prepare it with the same dedication, and nothing will change from the matches we’ve already played.

“We’re very happy to have reached the final, we’re aware of how difficult it is but we’ve worked hard and we deserved it.

“The team is fine, there are now four days left, four training sessions, and we’ll focus on what we have to do.”

The Bianconeri have been alternating between 3-5-2 and 4-2-3-1, which would Zidane prefer to face?

“It makes no difference to us if they play with three or four. If Dani Alves plays further forward or further back, it doesn’t change anything.

“Juve play well in both formations, we’ll try to hurt our opponents and then we’ll see what happens.”

The former Juve midfielder was also quizzed on his team selection.

“We’re happy that Gareth Bale has returned to the team,” Zidane said.

“I’m happy to see that he’s fit and has no problems. We’ll prepare for the game all together, and we’re ready.

“Everyone’s available, so I have to make a choice from the 23 who are available to me, who will play and who will go on the bench.

“There are others who might not even be called but who have had an extraordinary season. For me this is the toughest decision, right I can’t say what I’ve decided or not decided.”

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
130798 messaggi

kb54qd.jpg

swcy9l.png

JUVENTUS - REAL MADRID

FINAL

Zidane: ‘Facing Juventus is special’

http://www.football-italia.net/103376/zidane-‘facing-juventus-special’

May 30, 2017

Zinedine Zidane has “good memories” of Juventus, and says it’s “special” to face them in the Champions League final with Real Madrid.

The two sides meet in Cardiff this Saturday, and the Merengues Coach spent five years in Turin as a player, before moving to Estadio Bernabeu for what was then a world-record fee.

“As a Coach you feel the pressure more,” Zidane said in his Press conference today.

“There are a lot of people and they let you know how important this match is. It’s important to play finals, and this is a nice moment.

“Would I Coach Juve? I’m here, and I’m just thinking about what I’m doing here. I was at Juve for five years and I have good memories, this final is special.

“Juve will play their final and we’ll play ours, it’s important that we see a good game.”

Do the sides have opposite styles of play?

“I don’t think you can say Juve defend better and Real Madrid attack better than Juve, but finals are there to be played.

“There’s not much difference between the two teams, that’s why we got to the final.

“We’ve done the hardest thing, which is getting to the final, we’ve done it well and we’re happy. Then there are no favourites in a final, they have a good team but it’s 50-50.

“We just want to play a great game and then we’ll see what happens.

“Is Paulo Dybala their most dangerous player? Yes, but they have a lot of good players. There’s [Gonzalo] Higuain, [Dani] Alves, a lot of Juve players are strong.

“There are three or four others we could talk about, but they’re all good.

“Am I afraid of Juve? I said I didn’t want to play Juve in the Last 16. Now I have no choice.

“We always believe, we’ve come to the final and achieved great results thanks to hard work. My players believed, they fought and they got their reward in the end.”

Zidane lost two finals with Juve, including against Madrid in 1998…

“Losing a final is a huge disappointment, but it’s part of football,” the Frenchman shrugged.

“I accept what football has given me. I wanted to win the Champions League, and I succeeded in a Real Madrid shirt.”

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
130798 messaggi

kb54qd.jpg

swcy9l.png

JUVENTUS - REAL MADRID

FINAL

Brief training session for Juventus

http://www.football-italia.net/103377/brief-training-session-juventus

May 30, 2017

Juventus took a shorter training session this morning, as it’s around 30 degrees in Vinovo.

The Bianconeri are preparing for the Champions League final on Saturday, where they will face Real Madrid.

Following yesterday’s media day, Max Allegri put the squad through its paces at the training ground today, in what was described by TuttoJuve as an “intense” workout.

However, the Coach is keen not to overwork his squad this week, and the morning session was a short one due to the heat in Vinovo.

The indications so far are that Allegri will go with 4-2-3-1 on Saturday, with Dani Alves playing a more advanced role.

That would see Andrea Barzagli filling in at right-back, in a formation which will become 3-5-2 when Madrid have possession.

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
130798 messaggi

kb54qd.jpg

swcy9l.png

JUVENTUS - REAL MADRID

FINAL

C. Ronaldo: ‘Not too much humility’

http://www.football-italia.net/103390/ronaldo-‘not-too-much-humility’

May 30, 2017

Cristiano Ronaldo declares Real Madrid will face Juventus with humility “but not too much”.

The two sides meet in the Champions League final this Saturday, and the Spanish champions are looking to become the first side to retain the trophy since the introduction of the current format.

“I feel good, both physically and mentally,” Ronaldo told Real Madrid TV at the club’s media day.

“All of my teammates are fit and that’s a great thing for the Coach, Zidane. I’m not thinking about scoring and I’m not thinking too much about the game, I try to distract myself so I don’t go into it too fired-up.

“There’s still a long way to go.

“After winning La Liga we have a unique opportunity to win the Champions League twice in a row. Saturday will be a special night and we hope to do everything for the best.

“Will we go into the game with humility? Yes, but not too much. We have to show all of our strength.

“Juventus are a great team, but we know how good we are too.”

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
130798 messaggi

kb54qd.jpg

swcy9l.png

JUVENTUS - REAL MADRID

FINAL

Bale: 'Special to win in Cardiff'

http://www.football-italia.net/103394/bale-special-win-cardiff

May 30, 2017

Gareth Bale admits he is “working hard to be ready for Juventus-Real Madrid. It’d be special for me to win the Champions League in Cardiff.”

The Final is on Saturday at the Millennium Stadium in Cardiff, so the Wales international is particularly eager to shake off injury concerns.

“I am in good shape and am working hard to be ready, so two sessions a day to reach Cardiff in the best possible condition,” Bale told Real Madrid TV.

“It’ll be special for me and I hope to win the Champions League in that stadium, in front of my family.

“I’m trying not to think about it, though, as the most important issue is winning the trophy along with all my teammates. The secret is to stay united and work hard, I don’t think there’s anything else a team can do.

“I thank the fans for their support. We’ve won La Liga and now it’s time to take the Champions League too.”

Bale suffered from repeated muscular injuries and made only 26 competitive appearances for the Merengues this season.

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
130798 messaggi

kb54qd.jpg

xofhxd.jpg

JUVENTUS - REAL MADRID

FINAL

'Bale and Isco can play together' - Madrid boss Zidane

facing tough Champions League selection calls

Zinedine Zidane refused to give any hints on whether Gareth Bale

or Isco will start for Real Madrid when they take on Juventus.

http://www.goal.com/en-gb/news/683/main/2017/05/30/35972982/-

May 30, 2017

Real Madrid coach Zinedine Zidane was in no mood to confirm whether Isco or Gareth Bale will start in Saturday's Champions League final against Juventus, but suggested that both players could make his XI.

Although Isco has been in sublime form in the closing stages of the 2016-17 campaign, the Spain international is in danger of losing his starting berth to Bale following the Welshman's return from injury.

Bale has not featured since the La Liga defeat at the hands of Barcelona on April 23, but recently resumed squad training after shrugging off a calf problem.

"It is a difficult decision. I have 23 players and I can only pick 11. Some players who have had an extraordinary year might not make the starting XI, this is the hardest thing for me," Zidane said at a news conference on Tuesday.

"It is only normal there is a debate about whether Isco or Bale will start because they are both great players. 

"We are happy that Bale has recovered and is with the team again. Bale is hugely motivated to play because the final is in Cardiff. But all the players will be motivated.

"Isco and Bale can play together. They have done so a number of times this season. They are both in good form heading into the final, although Bale has played fewer minutes.

"We all know what Isco can do and how he has performed in the last few months. He deserves to play in the final, but so do all the others. They all deserve to play, but they cannot all play."

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
130798 messaggi

kb54qd.jpg

swcy9l.png

JUVENTUS - REAL MADRID

FINAL

Kovacic: 'No rush to study Juve'

http://www.football-italia.net/103398/kovacic-no-rush-study-juve

May 30, 2017

Mateo Kovacic admits Real Madrid “haven’t studied Juventus yet, as for now we’re focusing on ourselves” in the Champions League Final.

The trophy will be decided on Saturday evening in Cardiff’s Millennium Stadium.

“We haven’t studied Juventus yet, as for now we’re focusing on ourselves, as we have done for every game this season,” the former Inter midfielder told Mediaset Premium.

“We’ll start looking at them over the next few days. We know that there are great players in the Bianconeri squad, but so do we and we’ll prove what we can do in Cardiff.

“Paulo Dybala is a danger, but let’s not forget Gonzalo Higuain and Mario Mandzukic. That’s not to mention the defence and Gigi Buffon.

“It won’t make any difference if Juve play with three or four at the back. Our Coach warned us this is going to be a balanced game and I expect it to be a wonderful clash.”

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
130798 messaggi

kb54qd.jpg

swcy9l.png

JUVENTUS - REAL MADRID

FINAL

Ramos: 'Juventus never easy'

http://www.football-italia.net/103409/ramos-juventus-never-easy

May 30, 2017

Real Madrid defender Sergio Ramos warns “it’s never easy to play against Juventus” ahead of Saturday’s Champions League Final.

The showdown is at Cardiff’s Millennium Stadium this weekend.

“It will be a tough week of work, we are focused on Saturday and in good physical and psychological condition,” Ramos told Real Madrid TV.

“We are playing to win. We know this is a difficult match, very complicated, as it’s never easy to play against Juventus.

“It was tough for us to reach the Final three times in four years. We want to be the first club in history to win the Champions League twice in a row. This is a dream we want to make true.”

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
130798 messaggi

kb54qd.jpg

2yvo10i.jpg

JUVENTUS - REAL MADRID

FINAL

Is Real Madrid the most worrisome?

http://www.blackwhitereadallover.com/2017/5/31/15706430/bwrao-roundtable

-juventus-real-madrid-2017-champions-league-final-cristiano-ronaldo-sergio-ramos

May 31, 2017

By now you’ve figured out that the Champions League final between Juventus and Real Madrid is all of a few days away. Both teams have had media days at their respective complexes, with players answering questions that they’ve probably known they would hear ever since they got past the semifinals.

The good thing in all of this is that we’re one day closer to the final actually being played.

We’ve already discussed what Juventus will have to do to have a chance of winning against Real Madrid this Saturday night in Cardiff. Now, we’re taking more of a look at the Spanish champions, posing the question about what aspect of their game is the biggest concern for Max Allegri and his Juventus squad.

There’s a high probability that Cristiano Ronaldo, the man who is lighting up the Champions League once again this season, is mentioned once or twice. That’s just what happens when you score hat trick after hat trick on the European stage.

So we’ve assembled our nine-person crew once again to answer one of the hardest-hitting questions ever posed here on BWRAO. Now, for the second of our three pre-Champions League final roundtables...

Chuks

Three things — their depth, their pace and the fact that they might be a hell lot better than people give them credit for (which I bloody well hate to admit).

The first two issues speak for themselves, but the last point deserves some more attention. They went on a barely believable 40-game unbeaten streak, have had poor games in the league that they really should have lost but still managed to rescue (e.g. Depor home, Gijón away, Valencia home), and did all this while playing an astonishing 12 games in 38 days between April 2 and May 10. As we all know from following Juventus over the years — and as much as I hate to admit this in relation to Real Madrid because I genuinely dislike them — these are hallmarks of champions, and that really worries me.

Francesco Cosentino

The thing that scares me about Real Madrid the most is its killer instinct in Champions League finals. Real have remarkably only lost three times in 14 appearances in the cup final, and that is a testament to their ability to win the trophy once they get to the latter stages of the tournament. Conversely, Juventus have lost six times in eight appearances and often times in those six losses, against inferior opponents.

Real Madrid will almost definitely come out with an A-plus effort; will Juventus follow suit? If we match Real pound for pound on Saturday, there is a very big chance Gigi Buffon will be stepping off the plane at Caselle airport with some big shiny ears.

Sam Lopresti

The inverse is probably the most concerning thing about Real. They are clinical as hell. Ronaldo in particular won't miss when presented with a credible target. If they're given an opening, they'll pounce, at which point it will be a question of whether Gigi can get to the ball. The way to counter this is to prevent them from getting opportunities at all. The supply lines have to be cut off. Especially important is keeping a lid on Luka Modric. His absence was a big factor in Juve's semifinal win over Real two years ago, and the BBC and Co. have to make sure he can't create.

Kaushik

If Juventus of this year have been the textbook example of efficiency and champion mentality when it comes to getting the job done, the Madrid squad have perfected that art over the past few years. I would have felt more comfortable in calling this a 50-50 tie had it been over two legs. In the one off game with no real home court advantage to speak of, the scales have to be tipped slightly in their favour, say 45-55. They know how to win. The CL in particular. Players like Cristiano Ronaldo, Toni Kroos and Ramos can't help but rise to the occasion. One can only hope that the leadership of the likes of Mario Mandzukic, Sami Khedira and Dani Alves in particular, might finally give us the cutting edge required to bring the Big Ears home to Turin this time around.

Martin Connolly

Cristiano Ronaldo’s form. People said once his speed leaves him as he gets older he won’t be as dominant. His pace has dwindled but his move to a center forward position has seen him arguably become the best No. 9 in Europe. He scored 8 goals between the ties with Bayern and Atletico. I know if any defence can keep him at bay its Juve’s but it’s still a daunting prospect coming up against such goalscorer.

Anthony Turgelis

The consistent moments of brilliance in big games, specifically from Ronaldo and Sergio Ramos. While I don’t think that Ramos is an elite defender, for some reason he always seems to come up clutch with a big goal in these games. Ronaldo will also want to increase his chances for his bid for the Ballon D’or, so there will be no lack of motivation from him either. This is why I would prefer to play Real Madrid over two legs. They just have these moments of brilliance and with 90 minutes, we may not have time to answer them.

CH Ho

Sergio Ramos headers from set pieces. And all the balls we concede in UCL are from set pieces.

Hunter (Cacciatorino)

I've heard that Real have a pretty decent winger, and I'm also worried about Marcelo at the fullback position (his 10 assists in La Liga are good for tied-third), but what worries me most is Real's bench, partly because it contrasts with Juve's lack of depth. The Spanish side bring Alvaro Morata, Marco Asensio, and James Rodriguez off the bench.

Calvin

Madrid have shown multiple times this season that they are laden with talent, and even when Cristiano Ronaldo is not firing on all cylinders, some one else has stepped up to fill the breach. That strength in depth is pretty terrifying and it will not be enough for Juve to silence just one or two of the Real players, it's going to take a concerted team effort.

Jose A.

I hate esoteric terms in sports. However, I am nervous about Real Madrid DNA. One way or another Los Blancos know how to win, especially in the Champions League. A Sergio Ramos late score worries me. But, Álvaro Morata literally gives me nightmares. Mr. Champions League was a key player for Juventus in this tournament, now he will be on the opposite side. According to some Spanish newspapers, there is bad blood between Zidane and Morata. But if Real is in troubles, I have no doubt that Morata will have minutes on Wales. Alvaro has proved that he can be lethal in this kind of matches.

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
130798 messaggi

kb54qd.jpg

swcy9l.png

JUVENTUS - REAL MADRID

FINAL

Davids: 'Watch out for CR7'

http://www.football-italia.net/103426/davids-watch-out-cr7

May 31, 2017

Edgar Davids believes that Juventus have a chance against Real Madrid, but ‘players like CR7 can make the difference’.

The former Bianconeri midfielder was speaking at last night's ‘partita del cuore’ at Juventus stadium.

"Real Madrid? I think that there is a chance of beating them, but it must be said that they have some players that can decide the game,” the Dutchman told reporters.

"I’m thinking of players like Cristiano Ronaldo, who is the classic player when Real Madrid play badly, he always manages to come up with a goal and decides the outcome.

"It is a very difficult game. [Gonzalo] Higuain and [Paulo] Dybala are good, but they are not at the level of [Gareth] Bale and Cristiano Ronaldo. I hope they will be in the future but at the moment they are not at the same level.

"If they win the final, this Juve can become the strongest ever. Both teams have a chance to win, it is difficult to make a prediction."

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
130798 messaggi

kb54qd.jpg

swcy9l.png

JUVENTUS - REAL MADRID

FINAL

Del Piero: 'No comparison with '96 Juve'

http://www.football-italia.net/103430/del-piero-no-comparison-96-juve

May 31, 2017

Alessandro Del Piero insists there is no comparison between the current side and the one that won the Champions League in 1996.

The former Juventus man believes that the current team has an 'established sequence of success', but for those who are superstitious there are some parallels.

"There are similarities between the victory of 1996 and this final in Cardiff," the 42-year-old told QS.

"Even then we got in the quarter-finals by eliminating a Spanish team, a French team in the next round and then for the epilogue we beat Ajax – who like Real today – held the trophy. You can make the connection if you’re superstitious.

"There are also negative suggestions. I lost three finals in 1997, 1998 and 2003. And we had always just won the Scudetto.

"Juve have lifted the Cup in 1985 and 1996, i.e. in seasons in which the Italian league had escaped them, but Allegri has a team that can ignore the references to the past.

"We're talking about a team that has won six consecutive titles in Italy and I think they already have a strong claim on the seventh in twelve months time. It is an Old Lady who has the mental habit of winning, even in decisive battles.

"Then, of course, I admit, Real know better the atmosphere of the Champions League, it is their third final in the last four, however once you make the first kick you forget all those considerations.

"Juve in 1996 can not be compared to this team, back then we had still won little. Just two years before we had been eliminated in the Coppa Italia by Cagliari and the fans wanted [Gianluca] Vialli to play in midfield because they could not understand why they had bought him, and so on.

"Our explosion was a surprise, therefore. In the present, there is however, an established sequence of success, and everything is different."

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
130798 messaggi

kb54qd.jpg

swcy9l.png

JUVENTUS - REAL MADRID

FINAL

Marchisio: ‘Final is beautiful and difficult’

http://www.football-italia.net/103438/marchisio-‘final-beautiful-and-difficult’

May 31, 2017

Juventus midfielder Claudio Marchisio expects a “beautiful and very difficult” Champions League final with Real Madrid.

The Bianconeri face the Spanish champions in Cardiff this Saturday, and are looking to lift the trophy for the first time since 1996.

“It will be a beautiful and very difficult final,” Marchisio told Premium Sport.

“The 2015 final has given this team the awareness that we can play to win this trophy. We were missing that before, in that final, and last year we went out to a very good team [Bayern Munich].

“We retained that awareness though, and this year you can see it.”

Marchisio was also asked about Cristiano Ronaldo, who has 36 goals in 43 games this season; including 10 in 12 Champions League matches.

“I think his style of play has changed a lot, now he’s more the central striker than [Karim] Benzema is, and in not much space he can put the defence and goalkeeper in difficulty, so we have to be very attentive to him.

“He’s a great player he, like the others, has had a great season and all the Real and Juve players can decide this beautiful final.

“We really believe, in the past two years there’s been a huge change, above all in our European mentality, there are great champions but of course as always we’ll need luck too.”

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
130798 messaggi

kb54qd.jpg

swcy9l.png

JUVENTUS - REAL MADRID

FINAL

Ramos: ‘Juventus like Atletico’

http://www.football-italia.net/103439/ramos-‘juventus-atletico’

May 31, 2017

Real Madrid captain Sergio Ramos believes Champions League final opponents Juventus are “very similar” to Atletico Madrid.

Los Merengues have beaten their city rivals to win their last two Champions League titles, and the defender expects a similar challenge from the Bianconeri.

“Are we favourites? It’s difficult to believe,” Ramos said in an interview with El Partidazo.

“They have a great team and we’ll have to be very careful. It won’t be easy to face Juventus, who have already beaten great opponents.

“Is this our most difficult final? No, everyone has something different. Juve and Atletico are two opponents who are very similar.”

Ramos also discussed several of the Old Lady’s squad, including former teammate Gonzalo Higuain.

“I know him very well, we’ve been in contact for several years. He knows that anything can happen on Saturday, though there will be maximum respect and no malice, everyone has to defend his team.

“He had a very good season and is in form, I’ll try to make sure he can’t do it on Saturday.

“As for Dani Alves, I’ve always said that he’s one of the best players in the world. I won’t have anything to say to him, I don’t want to be rude.

“Everyone has their own opinion but you must be sporting and respectful, particularly in a final.

“Paulo Dybala? He’s very quick, he plays well between the lines and he can score.

“Sami Khedira? A lot of people thought he was finished, but he’s still there are a world champion and a key part of Juve.”

Finally, the centre-back was asked how many friends and relatives are coming to support him in Cardiff.

“It’s almost 20,” Ramos revealed.

“I sent [Barcelona’s Gerard] Pique a ticket, but he didn’t answer…”

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
130798 messaggi

kb54qd.jpg

swcy9l.png

JUVENTUS - REAL MADRID

FINAL

Check-ups for Juventus players

http://www.football-italia.net/103441/check-ups-juventus-players

May 31, 2017

Every member of the Juventus squad has been subjected to medical tests at Vinovo, to assess their fitness ahead of the Champions League final.

The Bianconeri face Real Madrid in Cardiff on Saturday night, and preparations are continuing this week for the match.

Following this morning’s training session, each player was given a check-up to make sure they’re in top condition for the game.

According to TuttoJuve, the morning training session appeared to confirm yesterday’s suggestion that Coach Max Allegri will go with a 4-2-3-1 shape, with Dani Alves preferred to Juan Cuadrado on the right wing.

In defence, the ‘BBC’ of Andrea Barzagli, Leonardo Bonucci and Giorgio Chiellini should start, with Barzagli on the right of a back-four.

However, as with the Coppa Italia final and the Champions League semi-final with Monaco, he will move into the centre when the opposition have the ball.

This afternoon will see a tactical workout, as Allegri looks to prepare his side for the threat posed by Madrid.

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
130798 messaggi

kb54qd.jpg

swcy9l.png

JUVENTUS - REAL MADRID

FINAL

CR7: ‘Hopefully Buffon plays badly’

http://www.football-italia.net/103452/cr7-‘hopefully-buffon-plays-badly’

May 31, 2017

Real Madrid forward Cristiano Ronaldo hopes Gianluigi Buffon “plays a bad game” for Juventus on Saturday.

The Bianconeri are in the Champions League final, and will take on the reigning champions in Cardiff this weekend.

Juve are known for their solidity at the back, and the Portuguese superstar is hoping that the Old Lady’s backline has an off night.

“The team is fine, we’re prepared and we’ve been working hard in the last week,” Ronaldo told Mediaset Premium.

“We’re doing what we need to do to prepare for the final. Both I and my teammates are ready, we know we’re facing a very strong team but we’re calm and we’re thinking positively.

“We’re confident we can beat Juventus. Anything can happen in a final, but we’re sure we’ll play a great game and win.

“The mentality is the same as last year’s final: we want to win.

“Are these the two best teams? I think so, if we’re both in the Champions League final it means we’ve been the best teams in Europe this year.

“It’ll be a great battle, they’re a team with a very strong defence and we have a really good attack. Of course we hope that in the end Real will win.

“It’ll come down to the little details to make the difference, and that’s why I hope Real make as few mistakes as possible and that Juve, Buffon and the Bianconeri defence play a bad game.”

Ronaldo also spoke to La Sexta, and was bullish about his side’s chances.

“Real Madrid are always favourites. If we think we’re the best, you can’t say we’re lacking humility. We want to show on the pitch that we’re the best.”

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
130798 messaggi

kb54qd.jpg

2ecg1uu.jpg

JUVENTUS - REAL MADRID

FINAL

This is how Allegri could mastermind

a UCL victory in Cardiff on Saturday

http://www.juvefc.com/allegri-mastermind-ucl-victory-cardiff-saturday/

May 31, 2017

Massimiliano Allegri led Juventus to the Champions League Final two years ago, only to be defeated by Barcelona. He will hope to avoid the same fate against another Spanish giant, this time Real Madrid. Here’s how he can lead his side to victory.

Repeat the semi-final strategy

Against Monaco, Massimo Allegri fielded a cross between 3-4-3 and 4-2-3-1, the former being used when Juventus have the ball.

Giorgio Chiellini has once again been a beast in Champions League and always rises to big games, as we saw from his performances for Italy at the Euros. Both internationally and for Juve, Chiellini will be ably supported by timeless stopper Gianluigi Buffon plus fellow centre-backs Leanardo Bonucci and Andrea Barzagli, who retains reasonable pace at 36.

Barzagli shuffles across to right-back when possession is lost. That signals the transition to 4-2-3-1, with Dani Alves pushing further up and the left-sided Alex Sandro dropping back to complete a four man back-line. These switches must be delivered with the tactical awareness we saw from Bianconeri in the semi-final, which they won 4-1 on aggregate.

Keep it tight

It has proven remarkably difficult to press Real Madrid effectively. The Spanish giants boast the most intelligent midfielders in world football including Luka Modric, who controls play and Isco, who is more commonly found in the final third. Their players spot gaps quickly and makes perfect choices in possession, meaning Los Blancos can always initiate one-touch breakaways. With all Juventus’ centre-backs in their 30s, they may not want to be exposed to quick attacks, so the gap to midfield should be small. No matter how much technical talent Juventus’ players have shown this season, the priority in this game will be correcting what they do out of possession. This is a game where the team comes before the individual.

Stick a man on Kroos

Toni Kroos deserves a chapter of his own, such is his remarkable skillset. The midfielder is in the top 10 of the WhoScored statistics for pass completion ration (93.5%) and key passes per game (2.8). Given that key passes generally require an element of risk, that is a hugely impressive return and speaks volumes for the German’s control and accuracy. Forward Paulo Dybala may be asked to track back and ensure Kroos is not given too much space, because asking a midfielder to close him down would risk opening gaps in more advanced areas.

Keep an eye on that number 7

There are whispers that the athletic Portuguese lad for Real Madrid is rather good. 106 goals in 103 Champions League games for the club would seem to back up that theory. Sami Khedira, for five years a teammate of Cristiano Ronaldo, may be the right man to attempt to quell his threat. The German is likely to be fit for the final after recovering from his leg injury and should be asked to mark Ronaldo when the team loses possession. His defensive qualities including height make him the best option for a difficult task, because asking a centre-back to mark Ronaldo risks opening gaps in dangerous areas.

Be thankful Madrid are in purple

Ronaldo’s budding potential will be tested further, now he’s playing without his trusty white shirt. That has been a lucky charm for the Madridistas, who have enjoyed 10 of their 11 European triumphs in white. 23 of the previous 61 winners wore white when lifting the trophy but this time the Spaniards will be forced to wear purple on Saturday as Juventus sport their favoured black-and-white kit. If the Galacticos don’t perform in a different colour, we’ll know what made Di Stefano and Zidane tick in those finals!

Pass from deep

Zidane’s latest big decision as a manager is whether to allow Juventus to play out from the back: if he does, Bonucci could be a key weapon for the Italians. Although prone to occasional lapses in concentration this year, the 30-year-old remains a strong defender and is the best passing centre-back of the three. Bonucci may be tasked with carrying the ball out to create space for Miralem Pjanic, who will look to do a similar job to Kroos of Madrid. Pjanic must be disciplined without the ball but his technical ability has shone through in this competition with three assists and two key passes per game. Both should attempt diagonal balls towards Mario Mandzukic…

Hit Mandzukic early

The 31-year-old has been Juve’s unsung hero this season, with key contributions both offensively and defensively. He works hard in every game and has underrated technical ability, but his biggest trait is his aerial ability. The Croat has won 3.5 aerial duels per game in the Champions League – more than any other left-sided forward. He has a height advantage over prospective opponent Danilo, who has lost 19 of his 49 aerial duels so when Juventus have the ball, Mandzukic should target the right-back. That would either allow Bianconeri to get some possession in front of Madrid’s centre-backs, Raphael Varane and Sergio Ramos, or force the latter out of position. Either of those eventualities would then make space for Dybala to create and for Gonzalo Higuain to show his predatory instincts.

Have a back-up plan

Allegri has depth in defence and midfield, but one weakness in his squad is a shortage of attacking players who can change a game from the bench. While Real Madrid have scored nine goals in the last 15 minutes of Champions League matches this season, Juventus have only scored four. They tend to get the bulk of their work done early then manage proceedings, but this encounter will be tight and may require a Plan B.

With their most used attacking substitute, Marco Pjaca, out injured, that secondary plan could involve speedy winger Juan Cuadrado. The Columbian has just signed on a permanent deal and started the last six Serie A games. However, he may be dropped to the bench so that when Juve need quality re-enforcements, Allegri has somebody to call upon.

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
130798 messaggi

kb54qd.jpg

swcy9l.png

JUVENTUS - REAL MADRID

FINAL

Sturaro out of CL final

http://www.football-italia.net/103480/sturaro-out-cl-final

Jun 1, 2017

Juventus held their final training session at Vinovo ahead of the Champions League final, but Stefano Sturaro is injured.

The Bianconeri are preparing to face Real Madrid in Cardiff on Saturday, as they look to lift the trophy for the first time since 1996.

The indications from the Juve camp are still that they will play 4-2-3-1, with Dani Alves preferred to Juan Cuadrado on the right wing.

TuttoJuve is reporting that Sami Khedira will be preferred to Claudio Marchisio in midfield alongside Miralem Pjanic.

One player who is unlikely to feature is Stefano Sturaro, as he pulled out of training with a muscular problem in his left tigh, and is almost certainly out of the final.

The whole squad will leave for Wales tomorrow morning, flying out from Turin’s Caselle airport.

At 16.15 local time, Coach Max Allegri will hold a Press conference alongside Gianluigi Buffon and Dani Alves.

Real Madrid’s conference will follow at 17.45.

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
130798 messaggi

kb54qd.jpg

xofhxd.jpg

JUVENTUS - REAL MADRID

FINAL

'Chiellini, I want a gorilla!' - Evra fires up

Juventus before Champions League final

The veteran left-back is desperate for his former side to become European

champions and has sought to fire them up using his social media account

http://www.goal.com/en/news/8/main/2017/06/01/36010582/-

Jun 1, 2017

Patrice Evra has sought to fire up his former Juventus team-mates with one of his trademark high-energy videos.

Ex-Juve star Evra will watch his former team-mates tackle Real Madrid in the Champions League final in Cardiff on Saturday and has offered many of his former colleagues individual motivation before the big game.

The Marseille defender, 36, singled out Gonzalo Higuain, Paolo Dybala, Mario Mandzukic, Leonardo Bonucci, Dani Alves, Alex Sando, Giorgio Chiellini, Sami Khedira and even coach Massimiliano Allegri. 

“A little boost before the big match. I want you all at your best. I really wish for you to win this Champions League. I will love you forever,” he said.

"Captain, are we there or not? Gigone!

"Dio santo, dio santo, dio! Max, calm down, calm down. Gonzalo will put it away.

"Paolo, I want the mask! I don't know where you put it. But don't annoy me! Score a goal, score a goal like you do.

"Mandzukic, don't eat anything for a week before the game. No good, no good, terrible for a warrior.

"Bonu, I don't know if you've cleaned your face and your teeth. I want you like a soldier like always.

"Dani, gioca bonita, gioca bonita. 

"Alex, I want you like a train. Back and forward, back and forward, like I do it.

"Chiellini, I want a gorilla. Nothing passes. 

"And after, guys, don't make me cry, please.

"I know, I know, Sami!"

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
130798 messaggi

kb54qd.jpg

swcy9l.png

JUVENTUS - REAL MADRID

FINAL

Del Piero: ‘Juventus not cursed’

http://www.football-italia.net/103465/del-piero-‘juventus-not-cursed’

Jun 1, 2017

Alessandro Del Piero insists Juventus aren’t cursed in Champions League finals - “for players there’s no such thing”.

The Bianconeri have won the competition twice, but have also lost six finals, including their last four in a row.

“Curses don’t exist for players, not for anyone who will go onto that pitch,” Del Piero insisted, speaking to Gazzetta dello Sport.

“In Berlin in 2006, all of us were coming off disappointments, finals lost on penalties or in the last minute, but no-one thought about that.

“You just think about winning, that it’s your time. And I really hope it will be.”

The Juve legend was then asked if he thinks the current side is stronger than the one which lost to Barcelona in 2015.

“In my opinion they aren’t more or less strong. That Juventus had a midfield on Barcelona’s level which spoke for itself: [Andrea] Pirlo, [Arturo] Vidal, [Claudio] Marchisio, [Paul] Pogba.

“The point is the level of maturity, how aware they are of their strength and how they can use it on the pitch. I think today Juve are more mature and more aware.

“They play a very ‘European’ game, a way of being on the pitch which every player feels is his. In short, they believe.

“As for Real, I don’t think they’re inferior to that Barcelona, they’re a very strong team and for that season it will be hard.

“Three reasons to believe? [Gigi] Buffon, [Giorgio] Chiellini, [Claudio] Marchisio. Three lads, three teammates, three friends.

“Here are the three reasons. They were in Serie B, they have to complete the work. For Juve, for all the fans, for all of us who were there then.

“For me it has a sense of everything, or almost everything.

“You can’t make comparisons between different eras, not in a team which has always had legendary champions.

“But what’s certain is that if Juve win this trophy after the six Scudetti, they’ll have done something legendary and rewritten the history of the club.

“Maybe the main merit of everyone is that they’ve always believed firmly and without doubt in being Juve, in the DNA of this team and this club, in the fact that even in difficult moments Juve was always Juve and would get back there. And that’s what happened.”

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
130798 messaggi

kb54qd.jpg

xofhxd.jpg

JUVENTUS - REAL MADRID

FINAL

I'd pay to see Buffon win the

Champions League, says Tacchinardi

The former Bianconeri ace says that both the goalkeeper and the

Old Lady deserve to lift the most prestigious prize in club football

http://www.goal.com/en/news/8/main/2017/06/01/36013962/-

Jun 1, 2017

Ex-Juventus ace Alessio Tacchinardi admits that he would "pay to see Gianluigi Buffon win the Champions League", arguing that both his former team-mate and club would be more worthy winners of this year's tournament than fellow finalists Real Madrid.

The Bianconeri will face titleholders los Blancos at the Millennium Stadium on Saturday, having conceded just three goals on their remarkable undefeated run to Cardiff.

Tacchinardi acknowledges that his old midfield partner Zinedine Zidane is in possession of a squad overflowing with talent but insists that the Buffon-led Italian champions boast the more balanced side.

"Two sides are arriving in Cardiff that have both had a great season," the ex-Italy international tells Goal in an exclusive interview.

"Real has grown a lot in the last few months. They won La Liga, they knocked out big teams, running well thanks to the many world-class players that they have in their squad.

"We already know everything about Juventus: they are probably the most complete and organised team in all of Europe.

"I'm expecting a performance made up of intensity, a fast pace, great head-to-heads and a result decided by a moment of magic from a world-class player.

"But this Juve deserve to lift the trophy again. I would pay to see Gigi Buffon win the Champions League!

"They all deserve it, though: the players, the coach, the club and the fans who have been waiting for a new triumph for so many years."

Alessio Tacchinardi Buffon PS

Indeed, Juve have not been crowned champions of Europe since defeating Ajax on penalties in Rome in 1996.

They have lost four finals in the interim and the 1-0 defeat to Real in 1998 still stings for Tacchinardi, as he maintains that Predrag Mijatovic's winner should not have stood.

"That was a classic final in the most negative sense of the word,” he argues. “A closed match, ugly and blocked, with little action or flair, decided by that offside goal by Mijatovic. And that goal was offside despite what he still says!

"In that game, we played calmly up until 30 metres from their goal but then, we did not have the ingenuity, the creativity or the final ball to unlock their defence.

“Zinedine Zidane and Alex Del Piero were like soaked powder kegs but it must be said that Alex had a muscular problem that had not yet been resolved and he didn't enjoy the benefit of a perfect physical condition.

"Still, Saturday's game will be different; I hope also in terms of the result!"

Indeed, Tacchinardi has the utmost faith in Massimiliano Allegri's men, believing that they have the right mix of defensive discipline and attacking threat to overcome a side that he feels regularly leave themselves exposed at the back.

"I'd like so much to go out onto the field with this Juve," he admits. "Among other things, I think my characteristics would adapt well to Allegri's style of play.

"The attacking and midfield phases are so important for both teams.

"On the one hand, I see Cristiano Ronaldo and Toni Kroos as decisive but, on the other, I trust in Gonzalo Higuain and Miralem Pjanic.

"But Real have one defect: they bring so many men over the halfway line and, at certain times, they can be caught out.

Alessio Tacchinardi Zidane PS

"However, it's a deadly team in so many ways and Zidane has shown himself to be a great coach, very clever, and he's also very knowledgeable on Italian football.

"The Bianconeri will have to be careful and always concentrated but they have an enviable defence that has no rival in Europe, and that's without talking about their midfield and attack!

"It's certainly going to be a balanced game, one played on the edge of a razor blade.

"But, after all the reflections and analysis, I will say yes, this is the year for Juve to bring the cup back to Turin!"

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
Ospite
Questa discussione è chiusa.
Accedi per seguire   

• Chi sta navigando   0 utenti

Nessun utente registrato visualizza questa pagina.

• Crea Nuovo...