5zk2vt.png  - 1678.png

Round of 16 - Second leg

Tuesday, March 14th, 2017 - 8:45 p.m.
Juventus Stadium, Turin
Referee: Ovidiu Hategan (Romania)

‘Juventus equal to Bayern, Barca’

Dybala-Zagreb-goal-epa_2.jpg

Mar 13, 2017

Paulo Dybala believes Juventus “are on the same level” as Barcelona, Real Madrid and Bayern Munich.

The Bianconeri face Porto tomorrow night in the second leg of their Champions League Last 16 tie, and are odds-on to go through after winning 2-0 in Portugal.

“There are a lot of teams to be avoided among those who have gone through,” Dybala admitted in the pre-match Press conference.

“All of them have the chance to win the trophy.

“Since the Champions League started we’ve been at the same level as Barcelona, Real Madrid and Bayern Munich. If we get through we’ll also be on the same level now.

“We’re also top of the League and we won the first match of the Coppa Italia [semi-final], so I think in some ways we’re doing better than them.

“Then, logically, facing them in the Champions League will depend on what we do tomorrow.

“Can we win it? Given the age I am, and in my second year, winning the Champions League would definitely be crazy.

“I have great teammates who want to win it as well, and teammates who have already won it, so we’re all fired-up to try and lift this trophy.

“I’d definitely like to be more decisive in the Champions League, like I’ve been in the League, but if we continue on this path and get to the end I’ll be happy just the same.”

Condividi questo messaggio

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
130798 messaggi

28bffyu.jpg

xofhxd.jpg

JUVENTUS - PORTO

5zk2vt.png  - 1678.png

Round of 16 - Second leg

Juventus Stadium, Turin

'No parallels to be drawn with Barcelona' -
Porto face different fight against Juventus

Nuno insists all is not lost for his side despite them facing an uphill
task to reach the quarter-finals of the Champions League.

Mar 13, 2017

Nuno Espirito Santo hinted Porto face even more of an uphill task than Barcelona to reach the Champions League quarter-finals as they travel to Juventus nursing a 2-0 deficit.

Quickfire goals from Marko Pjaca and Dani Alves helped the Serie A champions to a 2-0 win at the Estadio Dragao three weeks ago, with Porto likely needing to score at least three goals to stand a chance of reaching the last eight.

Barca's turnaround against PSG last week - from 4-0 down to win 6-5 on aggregate - may give Porto's travelling fans hope, but Nuno says the comparison will not help him plan a victory against Massimiliano Allegri's side.

"We are behind in the tie but there are no parallels to be drawn with what Barcelona achieved last week," he told a news conference. "We must consider this as a completely different, one-off game.

"Beginning in the play-offs in August, we've come a long way to get to this point and the team can be proud of what they have achieved so far.

"We have a clear idea of how we want to approach the game; we want to attack, be effective at both ends of the field and give our creative players license to influence the proceedings as best they can.

"We have come here in good form, high spirits and we have the belief to get the result we want. Everyone knows how strong Juventus are on home soil. Their records speak for themselves but eventually someone will beat them here and it could be us that does it."

Porto have won nine Primeira Liga games in a row, a run only blotted by their first-leg loss to Juve, and midfielder Yacine Brahimi echoed his coach's positive sentiments.

"We are preparing for a tough game against top opposition but we believe we have it takes to reach the next round," the Algeria playmaker said.

"The way we have trained and performed as a group in recent weeks has demonstrated that and we are confident that we will produce a worthy performance."

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
130798 messaggi

28bffyu.jpg

swcy9l.png

JUVENTUS - PORTO

5zk2vt.png  - 1678.png

Round of 16 - Second leg

Juventus Stadium, Turin

Allegri: ‘Risky match with Porto’

Allegri-1703-conference-epa.jpg

Mar 13, 2017

Juventus Coach Massimiliano Allegri warns “there are many risks” in the Champions League second leg with Porto.

After the Bianconeri won 2-0 in the first leg, they welcome the Portuguese side to Turin tomorrow knowing that even a 1-0 defeat would see them through.

However, the Juve boss is keen to point out that the tie is far from over.

“There are a lot of risks, because first and foremost it’s a game of football and a game of football can never be discounted,” Allegri cautioned in his pre-match Press conference.

“Moreover, Porto will believe they can play a great game tomorrow, they showed that in the play-off with Roma there they were starting from a disadvantage.

“They’re a team who know how to play these kind of games, and they know very well how to take advantage of their chances.

“So tomorrow we need to reduce it to one game, without thinking about the 2-0, but by thinking and doing the things which will bring us to another home win.

“Do we need a statement performance? Fireworks are used in the final, fireworks don’t matter tomorrow, all that matters is we go through.”

Giorgio Chiellini is back in the squad after injury, but the centre-back may not start the game.

“Everyone is fine apart from [Stefano] Sturaro who will be back with the squad in the coming days, I think he’ll be available for the match in Genoa [with Sampdoria].

“We have these two games and then we have to try and manage our strength better, because we expended a lot on Friday [against Milan].

We’re coming from an intense period and we can’t afford to let our energy levels drop.

“Every is fine so tomorrow… ok, fine, I’ll tell you the starters. Tomorrow [Claudio] Marchisio will play. In terms of the centre-backs I’ll need to see, because Chiellini is back with the team, but I need to assess whether he can play tomorrow.

“So I have two questions, one at right-back and one in the middle.”

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
130798 messaggi

28bffyu.jpg

30ax5l2.png

JUVENTUS - PORTO

5zk2vt.png  - 1678.png

Round of 16 - Second leg

Juventus Stadium, Turin

Juventus v Porto: line-ups, form guide

The odds are stacked in Juventus's favour going into the second leg but Massimiliano
Allegri is wary of a Porto side that have won 3-0 in Italy already this season.

Mar 13, 2017

MATCH SUMMARY

Updated 
    • Juventus leading 2-0 as Porto travel to Turin
    • Substitutes Pjaca and Alves score in last 20 minutes in Portugal
    • Juve targeting tenth quarter-final but just a third in last seven attempts
    • Porto aiming to reach last eight for seventh time
    • Quarter-final draw in Nyon on 17 March

• Juventus hold 2-0 lead from first game in Portugal
  • Juve have won last 13 home matches in all competitions
  • Italian champions boast 100% record in UEFA ties after winning away first leg
  • Porto have won four of their 13 away games against Italian clubs
  • Portuguese side won 3-0 at Roma in this season's play-offs

Possible line-ups
Juventus: Buffon; Lichtsteiner, Barzagli, Bonucci, Alex Sandro; Marchisio, Khedira; Cuadrado, Dybala, Mandžukić; Higuaín.
Doubtful: Chiellini (thigh)
Out: Sturaro (stomach)
Misses next match if booked: none

Porto: Casillas; Maxi Pereira, Marcano, Felipe, Layún; Danilo, André André, Óliver Torres; Brahimi, André Silva, Soares.
Out: Telles (suspended)
Misses next match if booked: Felipe, André Silva, Marcano, Herrera

Massimiliano Allegri, Juventus coach
I'm sure Porto will be at their best: they know how to play this kind of match, as they demonstrated at Roma in the play-offs. I showed that game to my players today so they know what to expect. We have to approach this as if it was still 0-0 and try to win again.

Qualification is the only thing that counts: we don't have to send any signal to our rivals. We have to play with confidence if we are to have any chance of going all the way.

In October everybody thought Bayern were in crisis and now they are favourites. Everybody thought Barcelona were out after the first leg and now they are favourites. Things change really quickly in football.

Nuno Espírito Santo, Porto coach
We have a plan but I am not going to speculate about that. There is tremendous spirit in the squad and we want to express that on the pitch. My players are 100% committed, we're here to compete. This will be a long hard game, and we will need to be creative and focused.

We go into the game with great motivation.  We are up against a great team who haven't lost for a very long time at home. We have variety and options in terms of the players available to us. Every player – save for Alex Telles – is in a position to play and could make a difference.

Weekend results
Juventus 
2-1 AC Milan (Benatia 30, Dybala 90+7pen; Bacca 43)
Juventus made it 31 consecutive home league victories in dramatic fashion as Paulo Dybala converted from the spot with the last kick of the game. Medhi Benatia had earlier thumped in Dani Alves's chipped pass for his first Bianconeri goal. Milan had José Sosa dismissed in added time before Dybala tucked away the winner.

Arouca 0-4 Porto (Danilo 15, Soares 25 86, Diogo Jota 71)
Francisco Soares continued his incredible scoring streak as Porto eased to a ninth successive Liga victory. The January signing has now struck in each of his six league appearances for the club and took his tally to nine goals with his third double of that run.

Form guide (all competitions, most recent first)
Juventus: WDWWWW
Porto: WWWLWW

Reporter's view: Paolo Menicucci (@UEFAcomPauloM)
Juventus are unbeaten in their last 16 UEFA Champions League home matches since a 2-0 reverse to Bayern almost four years ago, and have won their last 31 Serie A home games, a record. Porto have already triumphed 3-0 in Italy this season, at Roma in the return leg of the play-offs, but the Juventus Stadium is a different matter. Do you know how many times have Juve conceded three goals at home since they moved to this stadium in 2011? Only once!

Did you know?
Juve have prevailed in all 36 UEFA competition ties in which they won the first leg away from home. Read more in our extensive match background.

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
130798 messaggi

28bffyu.jpg

2yvo10i.jpg

JUVENTUS - PORTO

5zk2vt.png  - 1678.png

Round of 16 - Second leg

Juventus Stadium, Turin

Allegri: In football you can never take things for granted

Manager’s pre-match press conference ahead of Champions League return leg tomorrow

Mar 13, 2017

Juventus host Porto tomorrow in the second leg of their Round of 16 Champions League game, with the hosts 2-0 up on aggregate. Despite the scoreline, Juve manager Massimiliano Allegricalled for caution during his pre-match press conference after training today.

“There are a lot of risks, because first and foremost it’s a game of football and a game of football can never be discounted.

“Moreover, Porto will believe they can play a great game tomorrow, they showed that in the play-off with Roma there they were starting from a disadvantage.

“They’re a team who know how to play these kind of games, and they know very well how to take advantage of their chances.

“So tomorrow we need to reduce it to one game, without thinking about the 2-0, but by thinking and doing the things which will bring us to another home win.

“Do we need a statement performance? Fireworks are used in the final, fireworks don’t matter tomorrow, all that matters is we go through.”

Allegri also indicated that Claudio Marchisio will play tomorrow.

“Everyone is fine apart from Stefano Sturaro who will be back with the squad in the coming days, I think he’ll be available for the match in Genoa [with Sampdoria].

“We have these two games and then we have to try and manage our strength better, because we expended a lot on Friday [against Milan]. We’re coming from an intense period and we can’t afford to let our energy levels drop.

“Every is fine so tomorrow… ok, fine, I’ll tell you the starters. Tomorrow Marchisio will play. In terms of the centre-backs I’ll need to see, because Giorgio Chiellini is back with the team, but I need to assess whether he can play tomorrow.

“So I have two questions, one at right-back and one in the middle.”

Star forward Paulo Dybala also spoke today, talking about how the controversial win over AC Milan on Friday had served to inspire the Bianconeri.

“The team is playing very well. We’re coming off a win which had to suffer a bit for, but which we deserved. We know Porto, we saw what they did against Roma. It won’t be easy at 11 v 11.

“The game against Milan definitely gives us strength, but I think with how the game ended we deserved the win beforehand because we played a great game with a lot of chances to close it out earlier, but we had to wait until the last minute.

“But given how we won and the way we celebrated it, we’ll have the motivation to come into this game with more faith.”

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
130798 messaggi

28bffyu.jpg

swcy9l.png

JUVENTUS - PORTO

5zk2vt.png  - 1678.png

Round of 16 - Second leg

Juventus Stadium, Turin

Allegri: ‘Italy on the edge of madness!’

Afbeeldingsresultaat voor massimiliano allegri conferenza stampa juventus-porto

Mar 13, 2017

Max Allegri warns Italian football is “on the edge of madness” after more controversy surrounding his Juventus.

The Bianconeri were awarded a last-minute penalty against Milan, which Paulo Dybala converted, adding to complaints from Inter and Napoli about officiating where the champions are concerned.

“I won’t talk about the dressing room, because I haven’t seen it,” Allegri said in his pre-Porto Press conference, referencing alleged vandalism of the away dressing room.

“I can only give my reaction, and I think that will take a bit of time and we should talk about it in another setting. I think Italian football must go down a completely different path, because we’re definitely not setting a good example.

“Above all I think there are rules in life and it takes education and respect. Especially for children in football academies, who see certain things on Serie A pitches from an early age.

“It’s not what happened on Friday, Friday is the latest in a long list of things which have happened.

“In life you have to do, not talk, you need to have respect, rules and education. Then you need to have the culture of winning and losing, but this is a topic that I can’t address properly in two minutes. I have my ideas, but it’s difficult in Italy…

“In Italy we promise and say things, then do the opposite of what was said. If we want to be constructive, we have to be better at planning, in building things for the future. That’s my view.

“Friday was a beautiful game between two teams who fought hard, between the two sides the one which deserved to win was Juventus, then there was another team who are doing great things in the League and that’s Milan.

“The 17-20 points of difference are everything, these controversies which arose on Friday, as they have arisen in other situations, must in no way affect what the team is doing, what the lads are doing.

“This is a team which has won 23 games, drawn one and unfortunately lost four. There are situations which go for you and ones which go against you, but if you were to list the incidents from the start of the season on August 27… the memory card is full, it would never end.

“As I’ve said before, we only remember the things which go against us. The things in our favour, never.

“And genuinely, certain statements make me smile, but not on Friday and also on other occasions.

“One week we attack a referee because he didn’t give a penalty, the next our referees are better than anyone’s.

“We’re on the edge of madness, lads, in Italy we’re on the edge of madness.

“Mistakes happen, incidents happen, it’s a normal thing so if you can go down a different route…

“I’m not speaking as the Coach of Juventus, I’m speaking as the father of a 22-year-old and a five-year-old. We need to go down a different route, that’s what I think.

“That said, Juventus have won 23 matches, drawn one and lost four. One or two incidents can’t change what the lads are doing.

“It’s not that Italian football should be discarded completely, Italian football has to look forward and improve the things which aren’t working.

“The penalty incident, whether it’s there or not there… look, I’d be annoyed too if I had a penalty given against me in the 95th minute but the values on the pitch were well-defined on Friday.

“I think in the last six years the only match that wasn’t balanced has been Friday’s, where there were 25 shots for Juventus, 13 on target and great saves from the goalkeeper [Gianluigi] Donnarumma.

“There was the 2-0 when I was on the Milan bench and we lost right at the end, where Juventus played a great match and deserved to win.

“The others have all been balanced games because that’s how Juventus-Milan is.

“We’ve analysed what happened in the match, now we have to think about tomorrow and then Sunday.

“We’ve never fallen into the trap of controversy, because it’s a waste of energy. We need to keep working and get results.

“It’s an important point in the season and we have no choice, we need to pick up points because Roma could get to 92 points if they win every game and Napoli 90.

“There’s still a long way to go and we can’t be distracted by what is, in the end, only talk. In the end it’s results that count.”

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
130798 messaggi

28bffyu.jpg

2ecg1uu.jpg

JUVENTUS - PORTO

5zk2vt.png  - 1678.png

Round of 16 - Second leg

Juventus Stadium, Turin

Juventus v Porto Champions League Match Preview

Mar 13, 2017

juventusporto.fw_.png

Juventus v Porto

Champions League –  Tuesday, 14th March – 19:45 GMT – Juventus Stadium

juventus

Juventus

Juventus have a two goal advantage but can’t afford to take any chances when they host Porto in the second-leg of the Champions League last 16.

It’s been a controversial few days in Italy (and beyond), so a return to the ‘calmer waters’ of the Champions League almost feels like a blessing in disguise. The victory over Milan on Friday came in controversial fashion with the typical accusations of pro-Juve referees and a clear bias from the FIGC – Of course without the controversy, how would those headlines get written? Excuse my cynical tone, but the headlines in Italy and in other parts of the world have been vile and in another time and place, perhaps the club would have justification to take legal action against the likes of BeIN Sports and their ‘presenters’.

Putting aside the bile spewed forth by the journo’s, there was plenty to like about Juve’s approach against Milan and lots of positives to take from the game. We had 26 shots (12 on target) in comparison to Milan’s 6 (2 on target), dominated the possession for large periods, controlled the game from the off and kept the pressure on them until the last minute. Higuain was kept at bay by the heroics of Gigi Donnarumma, but even more impressive was the attacking workrate of young Marko Pjaca, who, despite not scoring, tested the young Milan keeper at least 4 times and should have ended the night with at least one goal to his name. He still has a way to go but there are encouraging signs from the young Croat who may finally have turned a corner and earned a starting place in Allegri’s team. The other positive was Dani Alves, deployed in a more attacking role – Without the added pressure of tracking back to defend, the Brazilian was much improved, playing with freedom and providing the assist for the Juve opener. At times, he marauds forward with gusto but neglects the defensive side of his game, so seeing him with the shackles off was fun to watch.

I like the 4-2-3-1 precisely because it gives us the freedom to make slight alterations and adjustments to change shape, depending on if we’re attacking or defending. 4-2-3-1 can become a more rigid 4-4-2 or even make way for 3-5-2 with just a single substitute and no let up in pressure. It’s a step forward for us at exactly the right time as we enter the business end of the season and hope to progress to the draw for the last 8 this Friday. So much is resting on this game, the tie is far from over, and it’d be foolish to think the job is done. Since last we met, Porto have played 3 league games, winning each match comfortably and without conceding; They put 7 past Nacional and 4 past Arouca last Friday and judging by the way their players have spoken in recent days, theres a real belief among their team that they can get a result in Turin. No room for complacency or sitting back.

Speaking in his press conference today, Max Allegri dropped a few hints on his starting XI and who may miss out the match.

“Everyone is fine apart from Sturaro who will be back with the squad in the coming days, I think he’ll be available for the match in Genoa against Sampdoria. We have these two games and then we have to try and manage our strength better, because we expended a lot on Friday. We’re coming from an intense period and we can’t afford to let our energy levels drop.

“Everybody is fine so tomorrow… ok, fine, I’ll tell you the starters. Tomorrow Marchisio will play. In terms of the centre-backs I’ll need to see, because Chiellini is back with the team, but I need to assess whether he can play tomorrow. So I have two questions, one at right-back and one in the middle.”

Gigi Buffon will start between the sticks and it seems unlikely that we’d deviate from a 4-man back line so Stephan Lichtsteiner and Alex Sandro will probably be the full-backs with Leo Bonucci and Chiellini in the centre of defence. Marchisio will start and Pjanic seems the more likely to play alongside him with Juan Cuadrado, Paulo Dybala, Mario Mandzukic and Gonzalo Higuain completing the starting XI.

Juventus squad V Porto: Buffon, Neto, Audero, Chiellini, Benatia, Alex Sandro, Barzagli, Bonucci, Dani Alves, Rugani, Lichtsteiner, Pjanic, Khedira, Marchisio, Lemina, Asamoah, Rincon, Cuadrado, Higuain, Mandzukic, Pjaca, Dybala

Probable lineup: 

4-2-3-1: Buffon; Lichtsteiner, Bonucci, Benatia, Sandro; Marchisio, Pjanic; Cuadrado, Dybala, Mandzukic, Higuain

Injuries:

Sturaro (abdomen).

Suspensions:

None.

porto.fw_.png

Porto

Probable lineup: 

4-1-3-2Casillas; Pereira, Marcano, Felipe, Layún; Pereira; Brahimi, Torres, Corona; Silva, Soares

Injuries:

None

Suspensions:

Alex Telles

Formation

0025Porto.jpg

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
130798 messaggi

28bffyu.jpg

xofhxd.jpg

JUVENTUS - PORTO

5zk2vt.png  - 1678.png

Round of 16 - Second leg

Juventus Stadium, Turin

'Barcelona were going out, now they are favourites' -
Allegri in warning to Juventus stars

The Serie A giants hold a commanding lead in their Champions League
tie with Porto, but Luis Enrique's side have shown that anything is possible.

Mar 13, 2017

Massimiliano Allegri has warned his players to treat Porto with respect, citing Barcelona's dramatic comeback against Paris Saint-Germain as evidence not to take victory for granted.

Barca recorded the greatest comeback in Champions League history last week, recovering from a four-goal first-leg deficit at Camp Nou to win the return match 6-1.

Juventus are 2-0 in front going into Tuesday's last-16 second leg in Turin, but Allegri is feeling far from secure.

"It will not be easy," Allegri, who will make a late decision on defender Giorgio Chiellini's involvement after he was named in the squad, said at his pre-match media conference.

"Everybody thought that Barcelona were already out and now they are favourites. It's normal, things can change really quickly in football, we just need to be there among the best eight and then try to give our very best.

"There are a lot of risks, because first and foremost it’s a game of football and a game of football can never be discounted.

"Let's not forget what Porto did in their Champions League play-off away to Roma this season [a 3-0 win] – they were starting that match at a disadvantage. This will be a tough test."

He added: "They are a team who know how to play these kind of games and they know very well how to take advantage of their chances.

"So we need to reduce it to one game, without thinking about the 2-0 lead, but by thinking and doing the things which will bring us to another home win."

Allegri is not interested in sending a message to Juve's rivals to win the competition and simply wants to get the job done.

He continued: "Qualification is the only thing that counts on Tuesday, we don't have to send any signals to our rivals, we just need to qualify and play a good game. Fireworks are used in the final – they don't matter here.

"We have an important objective to achieve, we want to reach the quarter-finals. The spirit is certainly good but we have to be aware that we need another great performance in order to qualify. 

"But we do need to believe we are capable of winning the Champions league. It is a magical competition."

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
130798 messaggi

28bffyu.jpg

xofhxd.jpg

JUVENTUS - PORTO

5zk2vt.png  - 1678.png

Round of 16 - Second leg

Juventus Stadium, Turin

Dybala: Juve on the same level as
Barcelona, Real Madrid and Bayern

The Serie A leaders are looking to join that prestigious trio in the
Champions League last eight, as they take on Porto in Tuesday's second leg.

Mar 14, 2017

Juventus star Paulo Dybala believes his team are on the "same level" as fellow European giants Barcelona, Real Madrid and Bayern Munich.

The Serie A champions are on track to join that trio in the Champions League quarter-finals, leading Porto 2-0 ahead of hosting the return leg on Tuesday.

Dybala, linked with the LaLiga giants previously, said Juve deserved their place alongside Barca and Madrid.

"Since the Champions League started we've been at the same level as Barcelona, Real Madrid and Bayern Munich," he told a news conference.

"If we get through, we'll also be on the same level now.

"We're also top of the league and we won the first match of the Coppa Italia [semi-final against Napoli]. In some ways, we're doing better than them."

Dybala, 23, has won three trophies at Juve – the Serie A and Coppa last season, to go with the Supercoppa Italiana.

The Argentina international has just one goal in the Champions League this campaign and while he would like to add to that tally, he has set his sights on lifting the trophy.

"It would be crazy to win the Champions League at my age because I only joined Juventus two years ago," Dybala said.

"Some of my team-mates have already won the trophy and I'd like to be decisive in a Champions League game."

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
130798 messaggi

28bffyu.jpg

xlf6gm.gif

JUVENTUS - PORTO

5zk2vt.png  - 1678.png

Round of 16 - Second leg

Juventus Stadium, Turin

Juventus ready to finish Porto off
in Champions League action

Mar 14, 2017

"We're on the edge of madness, lads, in Italy we're on the edge of madness."

It takes a lot for Massimiliano Allegri to get angry off the pitch, but the controversy surrounding Juventus and their win against AC Milan has resulted in endless debates and rather unfortunate incidents leading to Allegri's frustration.

Fans and critics across the peninsula have been mocking and attacking the Old Lady, confirming the club's status as the country's most-hated club. Fans in the Stadio San Paolo held a banner aloft that read 'Penalty to Juve' in Napoli's match against Crotone, while every journalist has voiced an opinion on the matter.

Juventus won their match against Milan in the final moments of the game when they were awarded a generous penalty. It's difficult not to sympathise with the Rossoneri fans who felt their young squad was duly shafted. Juve did of course have the most important decision go their way, but the more reasonable amongst us would also point out that Carlos Bacca's goal was offside and, more importantly, that Juventus were simply better on the night -- something that cannot always be said in matches between the two teams.

There comes a time where one must admit good teams will win regardless of what decisions go against them. Juventus deserved victory at home against the Rossoneri in much the same way PSG deserved to be thrashed for their poor approach to the match against Barcelona.

Perhaps the introduction of technology will go some way in to introducing a sense of peace to Serie A, but until then Juventus must not get distracted by all the drama and channel their frustration into winning their second leg Champions League tie against FC Porto on Tuesday evening.

r190073_1296x729_16-9.jpg&w=738&site=esp
Massimiliano Allegri wasn't too happy about the uproar surrounding Juventus' victory over AC Milan.

The Portuguese side are second in the league and only two points off the top of their domestic table. Since their defeat to Juve, they went on to win each of their next three matches, scoring 12 goals and conceding none in the process. In brilliant form, Porto should be keen to prove they have what it takes to stage a comeback worthy of the Champions League, yet their unenthusiastic responses to reporters who cited Barcelona as possible source of inspiration for Tuesday evening hardly roused the fans.

"Are we inspired by Barcelona's comeback against Paris Saint-Germain? It's different, we have a different game and a different opponent," explained Nuno Espirito Santo.

Boasting a formidable goalkeeper in Iker Casillas and one of Europe's most exciting strikers in Andre Silva, a player who was brought to tears when he was substituted off in their first leg due to Alex Telles' red card, Porto are a tough team to beat.

We have seen how poorly Juventus can play when they arrive at a match high on arrogance and low on intensity. It's vital they play this match with total commitment, not sitting back and relying on the fact they hold a two-goal advantage. While many laud the Bianconeri backline that has conceded the fewest goals in the competition this season, those who watch them on a regular basis are aware that they are susceptible to mistakes.

If Porto really want to create problems then they will play with pace, overwhelming the side that has proved weak in coping with speedy players. It is perhaps for this reason that Allegri is still contemplating who will play alongside Claudio Marchisio in midfield. It will either be the creative Miralem Pjanic, whose presence unleashes Paulo Dybala -- allowing him to stay further up field -- or the more defensively capable Sami Khedira, who can provide timely runs forward but also ensure safety in defence.

Pjanic was especially important in the first leg, as he dropped back and help create play from the back in Leonardo Bonucci's absence. But with Bonucci set to start the match in Tuesday, Pjanic may well be rested.

Who Allegri chooses to play in midfield should impact the forwards he plans to play. Set to deploy the 4-2-3-1 formation, it's likely Mario Mandzukic and Juan Cuadrado will take their place in the starting lineup again, but if Khedira and Marchisio do play in midfield together, do Juve really need the hard-working Mandzukic, or should they rely on the more technical Marko Pjaca?

The young Croatian scored a terrific goal in the first leg. While he tends to drift in and out of games, he offers acceleration, technique and the ability to dribble past defenders. While Pjaca is guilty of squandering several goal-scoring opportunities, consistency and continuity may well help him to be more efficient. Mandzukic runs relentlessly and sacrifices endlessly, but he barely made an impact against Porto in the first leg. Perhaps Pjaca can bring more to Juve's attacking game.

Whoever Allegri opts to deploy will need to play with humility and intensity, as this is Juve's most important match of the season so far. Only victory will satisfy the ambitious club.

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
130798 messaggi

28bffyu.jpg

swcy9l.png

JUVENTUS - PORTO

5zk2vt.png  - 1678.png

Round of 16 - Second leg

Juventus Stadium, Turin

Silva: ‘Porto can beat Juventus’

Mar 14, 2017

André Silva insists Porto “still have a chance to reach the Quarter-Finals” against Juventus tonight.

The Liga Nos side were defeated 2-0 in the first leg at Estadio Dragao, and the Bianconeri haven’t lost in Turin since August 2015, but the striker still believes he and his teammates can turn it around.

“I assure you we still have a chance to reach the Quarter-Finals,” Silva told Gazzetta dello Sport.

“All I know is that if we go out there thinking we’re beaten from the start, it’s certain to happen.

“If, as a striker, you face a team which hasn’t lost since August 2015 it’s natural that you want to write a little piece of history.

“I hope to stop the unbeaten run and score Porto’s winning goal in Turin.”

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
130798 messaggi

28bffyu.jpg

xlf6gm.gif

JUVENTUS - PORTO

5zk2vt.png  - 1678.png

Round of 16 - Second leg

Juventus Stadium, Turin

A history of Iker Casillas vs. Gianluigi
Buffon through the years

soc_g_casillaskh_1296x729.jpg&w=738&site

Mar 14, 2017

It is rare that two players from different countries, with very different backgrounds and personalities, come to be so closely identified as peers. But the fates of goalkeepers Iker Casillas and Gianluigi Buffon have been so intertwined over the last two decades that it can be hard to talk about one without mentioning the other.

Juventus' Buffon (39) and Porto's Casillas (35) have 13 league titles, 42 major trophies and 334 international appearances between them. On Tuesday night, they meet for the 18th (and what could be final) time as their clubs look to progress from the Champions League round of 16.

The course of their past meetings reads like a history of club and international football in the 21st Century.

Buffon made his senior debut for Parma aged 17 back in 1995, while Casillas was named on the Real Madrid bench aged 16 in 1997, and broke into the first-team two years later. By then the Spaniard had fixed on the Italian as the model to follow.

"At 14, I began to enjoy his way of playing, his way of being," Casillas told UEFA.com recently. "Then we grew up together, with very similar careers, and have won almost everything. We have a healthy rivalry, and share a lot of affection."

It took a while for the pair to meet competitively, but by 2003 when they faced off for Juve and Madrid respectively, they were the world's top two goalkeepers. Buffon had the better of that clash, crucially saving a Luis Figo penalty late in their Champions League semifinal second leg.

The Serie A side also won their 2005 round-of-16 UCL meeting and Buffon asserted his authority as the best goalkeeper in the business at the World Cup in 2006, when his saves were vital as Italy won the tournament. Casillas and Spain crashed out to France in the first knockout stage.

But then came Spain's breakthrough at international level at Euro 2008 -- with the key game being the quarterfinal against Buffon's Italy when "San Iker" saved two penalties in the shootout after neither keeper was beaten over the 120 minutes.

Spain raced to 2010 World Cup glory, while defending champions Italy crashed out in the groups without winning a game. Four years later the pair faced off again at Euro 2012. By that stage Buffon was still Italy's No. 1 but not at his best and the balance of power shifted further. Their group stage meeting finished 1-1, but Spain swept to a 4-0 victory in their rematch in the final, as Casillas kept five straight clean sheets on the way to lifting a third straight international trophy.

A year later, he also had the last laugh at the 2013 Confederations Cup as Spain triumphed 7-6 over Italy on penalties in the semifinals, but eventually fell to champions Brazil.

Things were soon to swing around again however, as Casillas' confidence ebbed following a row with Real Madrid coach Jose Mourinho when he was dropped for Diego Lopez. This led Buffon to come to his rival's defence ahead of a Champions League group game at the Bernabeu in October 2013.

"I admire Iker a lot," he said. "I respect him much more as a man because of this. Iker has always shown himself to be a great champion, and in these negative situations great champions can, due to their character, find this competitive rage when they return to play."

Casillas won the Champions League that season but following a disastrous World Cup 2014, the Spain keeper lost his international place to David De Gea. But Buffon did not fare much better at the tournament either as Italy also crashed out in the group stages. Though the next few years saw the Italian go from strength to strength.

Buffon was key to Juventus' run to the 2015 Champions League final -- knocking out Casillas' Real Madrid 3-2 on aggregate on the way -- while the veteran also set a new Serie A record the following season as he went 929 minutes without conceding a goal.

By the time the pair met again at Euro 2016, Casillas could only watch from the bench as the 38-year-old Buffon defied the years to make key saves as Italy won their Euro 2016 round-of-16 tie 2-0.

After so many years, it would have been a shame for their rivalry to end on that note. Luckily for football fans around the world, a move to Porto reinvigorated Casillas and this season's Champions League round-of-16 draw has offered another chance for two of the greatest goalkeepers of all-time to meet again.

At this stage of their careers, both are quite comfortable with the attention that has brought.

Casillas still has the upper hand in international clashes (W5, D3, L1) but Juve's 2-0 win in the first leg, after which the two veterans shared a meaningful hug, means that their club record is balanced (W3, D2, L3).

Juve are big favourites to win again on Tuesday, and give Buffon the likely final say in their personal battle. Pundits might differ over who which was the better keeper over the years, but the two men themselves seem content with their shared professional and personal respect.

r66554_1296x729_16-9.jpg&w=738&site=espn
Buffon holds the edge ahead of the second leg.

Meetings:

- UCL semifinal first leg. May 6, 2003 -- Real Madrid 2-1 Juventus

- UCL semifinal second leg. May 14, 2003 -- Juventus 3-1 Real Madrid

- International friendly. April 28, 2004 -- Italy 1-1 Spain

- UCL round of 16 first leg. Feb. 22, 2005 -- Real Madrid 1-0 Juventus

- UCL round of 16 second leg. March 9, 2005 -- Juventus 2-0 Real Madrid

- International friendly. March 26, 2008 -- Spain 1-0 Italy

- European Championship quarterfinal. June 22, 2008 -- Italy 0-0 Spain (Spain win 4-2 on pens)

- International friendly. Aug. 10, 2011 -- Italy 2-1 Spain

- European Championship group game. June 10, 2012 -- Spain 1-1 Italy

- European Championship final. July 1, 2012 -- Spain 4-0 Italy

- Confederations Cup. June 27, 2013 -- Spain 0-0 Italy (Spain win 7-6 on pens)

- UCL group stage. Oct. 23, 2013 -- Real Madrid 2-1 Juventus

- UCL group stage. Nov. 5, 2013 -- Juventus 2-2 Real Madrid

- International friendly. March 5, 2014 -- Spain 1-0 Italy

- UCL semifinal first leg. May 5, 2015 -- Juventus 2-1 Real Madrid

- UCL semifinal second leg. May 13, 2015 -- Real Madrid 1-1 Juventus

- UCL round of 16 first leg. Feb. 22, 2017 - Porto 0-2 Juventus

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
130798 messaggi

28bffyu.jpg

xlf6gm.gif

JUVENTUS - PORTO

5zk2vt.png  - 1678.png

Round of 16 - Second leg

Juventus Stadium, Turin

UCL history on Juventus' side ahead
of round of 16 second leg vs. Porto

Mar 14, 2017

It would take a very rare circumstance for Juventus to fail to advance past Porto and into the quarterfinals of the UEFA Champions League on Tuesday.

According to ESPN Stats & Information, only two teams in Champions League history have won a knockout stage after losing the first leg at home.

Juventus won 2-0 in Portugal in the first leg of the round-of-16 tie on Feb. 22 and return home with the two-goal aggregate lead as they try to reach their 10th Champions League quarterfinal.

Ajax, who defeated Panathinaikos in the semifinals in 1995-96, and Inter Milan, who advanced past Bayern Munich in the round of 16 in 2010-11, were the only clubs to advance despite losing the first leg at their own grounds.

Thus, Juventus are considered a 99 percent favorite to advance, according to FiveThirtyEight's Soccer Power Index (SPI). Juve have not reached the quarterfinals since 2015, when they lost 3-1 to Barcelona in the final.

One man who could help them advance on Tuesday: Gonzalo Higuain, who has scored 14 goals in his last 18 games in all competitions -- including three in the Champions League.

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
130798 messaggi

28bffyu.jpg

swcy9l.png

JUVENTUS - PORTO

5zk2vt.png  - 1678.png

Round of 16 - Second leg

Juventus Stadium, Turin

Dani Alves to start for Juventus?

Mar 14, 2017

It’s expected that Dani Alves will start ahead of Stephan Lichtsteiner against Porto, as Juventus stick with 4-2-3-1.

The Bianconeri face the Portuguese side in the second leg of their Champions League Last 16 tie, holding a 2-0 lead from the first match.

Coach Massimiliano Allegri confirmed yesterday that he was unsure who to play at right-back, with both Dani Alves and Lichtsteiner staking their claims.

However, after this morning’s training session, it appears that the Brazilian will be preferred on the right-hand side of a four-man defence.

Giorgio Chiellini is in the squad, but Medhi Benatia could partner Leonardo Bonucci in the centre of defence with Alex Sandro on the left.

Allegri revealed yesterday that Claudio Marchisio will start, meaning Miralem Pjanic is likely to be on the bench.

Probable Juventus XI to face Porto: Buffon; Dani Alves, Bonucci, Benatia, Alex Sandro; Marchisio, Khedira; Cuadrado, Dybala, Mandzukic; Higuain

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
130798 messaggi

28bffyu.jpg

swcy9l.png

JUVENTUS - PORTO

5zk2vt.png  - 1678.png

Round of 16 - Second leg

Juventus Stadium, Turin

Juve change defence for Porto

Mar 14, 2017

Dani Alves and Medhi Benatia are expected to start, as Juventus reshuffle in their Champions League clash with Porto.

It kicks off at 20.45 CET - 19.45 GMT and follows on from the first leg, when Juve won 2-0 at the Estadio do Dragao.

Marko Pjaca and Dani Alves came off the bench to score in Oporto, but the Brazilian looks as if he will be rewarded with a place in the starting XI rather than Stephan Lichtsteiner.

Giorgio Chiellini is not risked after recovering from a muscular problem and Benatia gets his second consecutive start, resting Andrea Barzagli.

Mario Mandzukic is back again after missing the 2-1 win over Milan on Friday with a stomach bug, as is Juan Cuadrado, who was suspended.

Alex Telles was sent off in the first leg and therefore sits out a ban, but has made the trip to Turin with the squad anyway.

Ex-Atalanta full-back Miguel Layun gets to start in defence instead.

Hector Herrera and Jesus Corona have been out of action since late February.

Both teams will play with their third-choice kits, so Juventus are all in white and Porto all in black.

There was an incident this afternoon when around 100 Porto fans gathered in front of the Juventus HQ and let off some fireworks, but police quickly restored calm and it's reported no arrests were made.

Juventus (probable): Buffon; Dani Alves, Bonucci, Benatia, Alex Sandro; Marchisio, Khedira; Cuadrado, Dybala, Mandzukic; Higuain

Porto (probable): Casillas; Maxi Pereira, Marcano, Felipe, Layun; Danilo, Andre Andre, Oliver Torres; Brahimi, Andre Silva, Soares

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
130798 messaggi

28bffyu.jpg

swcy9l.png

JUVENTUS - PORTO

5zk2vt.png  - 1678.png

Round of 16 - Second leg

Juventus Stadium, Turin

Line-ups: Juventus-Porto

Mar 14, 2017

Juventus revamp the defence with Dani Alves and Medhi Benatia, plus Claudio Marchisio in midfield, hosting Porto in the Champions League.

The Bianconeri are in a strong position to reach the quarter-finals of the Champions League after winning the first leg 2-0 at the Estadio do Dragao.

Alex Telles saw red for a second bookable offence and the former Inter full-back is therefore suspended.

Marko Pjaca and Dani Alves came off the bench to score the late goals in that fixture, but the Brazilian is rewarded with a starting spot rather than Stephan Lichtsteiner.

Juan Cuadrado returns from his suspension against Milan and Mario Mandzukic has recovered from a stomach bug that ruled him out of Friday’s match at the last minute. Paulo Dybala and Gonzalo Higuain lead the way.

Claudio Marchisio steps in to midfield with Sami Khedira and Giorgio Chiellini is not risked after a muscular problem, so Benatia gets his second consecutive start.

Porto have won their last nine Liga games on the trot, but Alex Telles is suspended, so ex-Atalanta full-back Miguel Layun gets to start.

Hector Herrera and Jesus Corona have been out of action since late February.

Yacine Brahimi, Andre Silva and Tiquinho Soares form the strike force, January signing Soares scoring in each of his total six Liga appearances for Porto with a total nine goals.

It’s a meeting between goalkeeping legends Gigi Buffon and Iker Casillas, the Spaniard making history by equalling Xavi as the player with the most games in UEFA competition (173).

Porto only visited Juventus once, losing 3-1 in October 2001, when it was still at the Stadio Delle Alpi.

The Bianconeri beat their Portuguese opponents in the 1984 Cup Winners’ Cup Final.

Juventus: Buffon; Dani Alves, Bonucci, Benatia, Alex Sandro; Marchisio, Khedira; Cuadrado, Dybala, Mandzukic; Higuain

Juventus bench: Neto, Chiellini, Pjanic, Barzagli, Pjaca, Lichtsteiner, Rincon

Porto: Casillas; Maxi Pereira, Marcano, Felipe, Layun; Danilo Pereira, Andre Andre, Oliver Torres; Brahimi, Andre Silva, Soares

Porto bench: Jose Sa, Boly, Ruben Neves, Herrera, Otavio, Diogo Jota, Depoitre

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
130798 messaggi

28bffyu.jpg

swcy9l.png

JUVENTUS - PORTO

5zk2vt.png  - 1678.png

Round of 16 - Second leg

Juventus Stadium, Turin

Juventus Stadium impressed Rui Barros

Mar 14, 2017

Porto assistant manager Rui Barros is impressed with the new Juventus Stadium and said they are here to “see what happens.”

“It’s fantastic to be here. The Stadio Comunale was great too, but this is a wonderful stadium and the fans are much closer to the pitch,” former Juve player Rui Barros told Mediaset Premium.

“We know it’s a difficult game after losing 2-0, it’s a shame we went down to 10 men, but we are here to play and will see what happens.

“I had been back to Turin a few times, as I come to visit friends.”

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
130798 messaggi

28bffyu.jpg

swcy9l.png

JUVENTUS - PORTO

5zk2vt.png  - 1678.png

Round of 16 - Second leg

Juventus Stadium, Turin

Marotta: 'Allegri a Juve leader'

Mar 14, 2017

Director Beppe Marotta sees Juventus as “highly competitive” in the Champions League against Porto and backs Max Allegri for the future.

Juve won the first leg 2-0 in Oporto and therefore will go through to the quarter-finals as long as they don’t lose by two clear goals.

“Our characteristics must be to be positive, not sit back and wait for the opposition, even if we have the advantage on aggregate,” Marotta told Mediaset Premium.

“We are very happy with Allegri and it seems wise for a club and director to continue working with a Coach who is not only a good tactician, but also a good professional and a real leader in the locker room, a characteristic that is increasingly important in modern football.

“Our team is highly-competitive. I also consider the Champions League to be a tournament rather than a League, so there are some imponderable events that can happen, for example Barcelona coming back against all odds to eliminate PSG.

“Juventus deservedly put ourselves in the top group of teams in Europe, but to win the trophy we need help from good fortune.

“Our main characteristic is representing a winning model, as the club has a long history full of success and silverware. We organised the club so that everyone has their duties and their areas to consider. We’ve done that over the last five years and want to continue on that path.”

The controversy continues to rage over Friday’s last-gasp 2-1 win over Milan, when Paulo Dybala was awarded a stoppage-time penalty.

It was reported the Rossoneri players damaged the locker room at the Juventus Stadium.

“This is a closed chapter. We are focused on the very important Champions League stage, it’s not easy to get here, so we have to forget about Juventus-Milan.

“Even if I’m not on the pitch, I prefer to stay concentrated anyway and leave others to judge what happened.”

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
130798 messaggi

28bffyu.jpg

swcy9l.png

JUVENTUS - PORTO

5zk2vt.png  - 1678.png

Round of 16 - Second leg

Juventus Stadium, Turin

HT 1-0: Juventus lead 10-man Porto

Mar 14, 2017

Paulo Dybala’s penalty has given Juventus the half-time lead over Porto, who are also down to 10 men after Maxi Pereira’s blatant handball.

The Bianconeri had the advantage in this Round of 16, having won the first leg 2-0 away from home. Alex Telles saw red in that match and was therefore suspended here, replaced by Miguel Layun, while Hector Herrera and Jesus Corona were nursing injuries. Giorgio Chiellini, Andrea Barzagli and Miralem Pjanic were rested, with Dani Alves preferred to Stephan Lichtsteiner.

Porto only visited Juventus once, losing 3-1 in October 2001, when it was still at the Stadio Delle Alpi. Iker Casillas made his 175th European competition appearance, surpassing all-time record-holder Paolo Maldini on 174.

Paulo Dybala had a couple of early efforts off target, while Tiquinho Soares curled directly into Gigi Buffon’s arms. Mario Mandzukic’s header down was smothered by Casillas and Gonzalo Higuain failed to make the most of the goalkeeper flapping at a cross, as Felipe was able to nod clear.

Higuain tried to set up Dybala, who sliding in couldn’t make clean contact from six yards. Dybala then tried to act as supplier with a cross from the left, but Ivan Marcano crucially intercepted before Mandzukic could get the header.

Dybala earned a corner with some fancy footwork as he dribbled through defenders and from that set play Mandzukic’s header whistled wide of the far post.

The breakthrough came from a corner, as Alex Sandro’s header was parried by Casillas into the path of Higuain, whose follow-up was denied at the near post by what can only be described as a Maxi Pereira save. Inevitably it was a penalty and straight red card for handball, so Dybala stepped up to convert by sending Casillas the wrong way.

Juan Cuadrado nearly got another on the stroke of half-time, but fired over from a tricky angle.

Juventus 1-0 Porto (3-0 agg, Half-Time)

Dybala pen 41 (J)

Juventus: Buffon; Dani Alves, Bonucci, Benatia, Alex Sandro; Marchisio, Khedira; Cuadrado, Dybala, Mandzukic; Higuain

Porto: Casillas; Maxi Pereira, Marcano, Felipe, Layun; Danilo Pereira, Andre Andre, Oliver Torres; Brahimi, Andre Silva, Soares

Ref: Hategan (ROU)

Sent off: Maxi Pereira 40 (P)

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
130798 messaggi

28bffyu.jpg

xofhxd.jpg

JUVENTUS - PORTO

5zk2vt.png1-0- 1678.png

Aggregate 3-0

Paulo Dybala (penalty) 42'

Round of 16 - Second leg

Juventus Stadium, Turin

Attendance: 41161

Juventus 1 Porto 0 (3-0 agg): Dybala
strike dumps out 10-man Porto

Paulo Dybala scored a first-half penalty to give Juventus a
1-0 win over 10-man Porto, and a 3-0 victory on aggregate.

<br/><a href="http://oi67.tinypic.com/20h92ep.jpg" target="_blank">View Raw Image</a>

Mar 14, 2017

Juventus reached the quarter-finals of the Champions League for only the second time in four years after a 1-0 win over 10-man Porto gave them a 3-0 aggregate victory.

The Italian champions' 2-0 win in Portugal three weeks earlier ensured they went into the second leg in a comfortable position, and there was to be no miraculous fightback from Porto when Maxi Pereira was sent-off for deliberate handball after 40 minutes.

His indiscretion allowed Paulo Dybala to score from the penalty spot and Juventus went on to keep their sixth clean sheet in eight Champions League matches, extending an unbeaten run of home games that reaches back to August 2015.

Beaten finalists in 2015, Juventus have failed to win Europe's top competition since 1996 but Massimiliano Allegri's side are clinical in attack and imperious in defence, conceding just twice in the tournament this season.

Porto, who had scored 12 goals without reply in their three games between the two legs against Juventus, left Turin having had their game plan ruined not only by Pereira's moment of madness but by an impenetrable defensive unit marshalled by Leonardo Bonucci and Medhi Benatia.

Allegri called for his side to approach the match professionally despite their lead and they did just that, with Alex Sandro bursting down the left wing and crossing for Dybala to shoot over the crossbar in the third minute.

Porto grew in confidence the more that Danilo Pereira saw of the ball, and the 25-year-old charged through midfield before squaring to Soares whose shot went straight into the arms of Gianluigi Buffon.

Iker Casillas had his first save to make after 23 minutes when Juan Cuadrado's whipped cross was thundered towards goal by Mario Mandzukic's downward header, but the veteran Spanish goalkeeper was ideally placed to catch it.

Just as Porto looked to have held out until half-time, Juventus piled forward and Maxi Pereira dived to block Gonzalo Higuain's shot with his arm, leaving the referee with no choice but to send him off and award a penalty, which Dybala calmly slotted into the bottom right corner of the net.

Casillas, making his 175th appearance in European competitions to claim Paolo Maldini's record, was called into action straight after half-time to save Danilo's backwards header that was on its way inside the foot of the post before the 35-year-old dived down to stop it.

Soares had a gilt-edged opportunity to reduce the deficit seconds later, shaking off Dani Alves and going one-on-one with Buffon, but he opened his body and side-footed the shot across the face of goal and wide of the far post.

Mandzukic's exquisite back-heel teed up substitute Marko Pjaca for a chance from close range but he dragged his shot wide, and Dybala failed to apply a quality finish on the volley when Alex Sandro floated a wonderful cross into his path.

Porto substitute Diogo Jota had a chance to salvage some pride when he went through on goal in the closing stages, but he over hit his chip and the chance went begging along with Porto's European campaign for another year.

Key Opta Facts:

- Juventus have now reached the quarter-final stage of the Champions League for the 10th time.

- Paulo Dybala has scored six goals in his last five home games for Juventus (all competitions). His last four goals have all come from the penalty spot.

- Porto received a red card in both legs v Juventus in the last-16. No team has received more reds than them in the competition this season (two).

- Juventus have kept six clean sheets in eight Champions League games this season, more than any other team in the competition.

- Porto have made it past the round of 16 only once in their last seven Champions League participations (2014-15).

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
130798 messaggi

28bffyu.jpg

xofhxd.jpg

JUVENTUS - PORTO

5zk2vt.png1-0- 1678.png

Aggregate 3-0

Round of 16 - Second leg

Juventus Stadium, Turin

Juventus 1-0 Porto - Team ratings:
Dybala downs diminished visitors

Image may contain: 1 person, playing a sport

Mar 14, 2017

BEST AND WORST PLAYER

Best Player

Goal Choice
P. Dybala
P. Dybala
JuventusPosition: Attacker

Worst Player

Goal Choice
M. Pereira
M. Pereira
PortoPosition: Defender

TEAM RATINGS

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
130798 messaggi

28bffyu.jpg

xofhxd.jpg

JUVENTUS - PORTO

5zk2vt.png1-0- 1678.png

Aggregate 3-0

Round of 16 - Second leg

Juventus Stadium, Turin

Real Madrid icon Casillas takes European
record off Milan legend Maldini 

The World Cup-winning goalkeeper made his 175th continental appearance
when Porto faced Juventus, overtaking the legendary Italian defender.

<br/><a href="http://oi66.tinypic.com/2iawv36.jpg" target="_blank">View Raw Image</a>

Mar 14, 2017

Iker Casillas made history on Tuesday when he took to the field in Porto’s Champions League clash with Juventus.

That outing is the World Cup-winning goalkeeper’s 175th appearance in European competition, edging him ahead of legendary Milan defender Paolo Maldini on that particular roll of honour.

The vast majority of those outings came during Casillas’ time on the books of Real Madrid, with 16 years spent in the first-team fold at Santiago Bernabeu.

He has also taken in regular continental outings since linking up with Porto in 2015 and now holds an impressive record outright.

During his days in Madrid, Casillas tasted three Champions League triumphs - with their La Decima success of 2014 proving to be his last.

He also secured two UEFA Super Cup titles as part of an enviable collection of silverware secured in the Spanish capital.

There is work to be done in his latest European outing, though, with Porto heading into the second leg of their last-16 showdown with Juve trailing 2-0 on aggregate.

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
130798 messaggi

28bffyu.jpg

xofhxd.jpg

JUVENTUS - PORTO

5zk2vt.png1-0- 1678.png

Aggregate 3-0

Round of 16 - Second leg

Juventus Stadium, Turin

Goals galore! - Champions League
last 16 sets new record

The last 16 of the 2016/17 competition has now seen more goals than
in any other season, following Paulo Dybala's penalty for Juventus.

<br/><a href="http://oi66.tinypic.com/2iksi08.jpg" target="_blank">View Raw Image</a>

Mar 14, 2017

The Champions League last 16 has seen plenty of goals flying in, which has resulted in a new record for the competition.

Paulo Dybala's spot-kick for Juventus against Porto was the 57th goal of the round of 16, setting a new Champions League record.

The credit for the new mark can be spread around - with Arsenal contributing mightily by allowing Bayern Munich to score 10 goals over two games, Barcelona and PSG combining for 11 goals over two legs, and Manchester City and Monaco scoring eight in just the first leg of their tie.

The new record is likely to increase, with second-leg matches between City and Monaco, as well as Bayer Leverkusen and Atletico Madrid still to play.

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
130798 messaggi

28bffyu.jpg

xlf6gm.gif

JUVENTUS - PORTO

5zk2vt.png1-0- 1678.png

Aggregate 3-0

Round of 16 - Second leg

Juventus Stadium, Turin

Juventus ride Paulo Dybala penalty
past Porto and into UCL last 8

<br/><a href="http://oi63.tinypic.com/2hq79g9.jpg" target="_blank">View Raw Image</a>

Mar 14, 2017

Juventus coasted into the quarterfinals of the Champions League as they saw off 10-man Porto 1-0 in Turin on Tuesday night.

Massimiliano Allegri's men were already 2-0 ahead in the tie having come through the first leg in Portugal unscathed, and the Serie A leaders never looked in danger of letting that advantage slip at Juventus Stadium.

Any hope of a comeback from the visitors ended just before half-time when defender Maxi Pereira was sent off for handball on the line and Paulo Dybala slotted in the resulting penalty.

Porto, who saw Brazilian defender Alex Telles sent off in the first leg, had little option but to try to take the match to the Italians as Francisco Soares fired in an early effort on goal, which was straight at Gianluigi Buffon.

After 11 minutes, Miguel Layun was brought down by Juan Cuadrado which saw the Juventus man cautioned and concede a free kick in a dangerous position on the left.

However, the delivery from Yacine Brahimi was poor, as Juventus hacked the ball away at the edge of the penalty area.

Juventus had a chance to put the tie to bed in the 23rd minute when Mario Mandzukic was picked out in the Porto penalty area by a deep free kick from Cuadrado.

The Croatian striker, though, could not direct his downward header past veteran Porto keeper Iker Casillas, who overtook Paolo Maldini at the top of the all-time UEFA club appearances list with 175 games.

The breakthrough came five minutes before half-time.

The ball was swung into the Porto six-yard box from a corner, with Alex Sandro sending a header down towards the bottom corner which Casillas palmed away.

Gonzalo Higuain lashed the rebound back towards goal at the far post, where defender Pereira flung himself at the ball, making a block with his arm.

Romanian referee Ovidiu Hategan had little option but to pull out a red card, with Dybala making no mistake from the penalty, scoring low into the bottom right corner to all but kill off the tie.

Both managers made changes for the second half as Porto replaced forward Andre Silva with defender Willy Boly to rejig the backline, while Juventus took off Cuadrado as Marko Pjaca came on.

Porto had a great chance to give themselves a lifeline in the 49th minute when Soares -- who has netted nine goals in seven Portuguese Liga games -- was through one-on-one with Buffon, but could only curl the ball wide.

Pjaca dragged a shot wide from the left of the Porto penalty area, before Higuain's effort was also just off target as Juve continued to look for a second goal.

Porto almost grabbed a late consolation on the break, but substitute Jota clipped the ball wide after being played into the left side of the Juve penalty area.

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
130798 messaggi

28bffyu.jpg

2wg6lhu.png

JUVENTUS - PORTO

5zk2vt.png1-0- 1678.png

Aggregate 3-0

Round of 16 - Second leg

Juventus Stadium, Turin

Juventus book last-eight spot in Champions League

<br/><a href="http://oi67.tinypic.com/sy5ncj.jpg" target="_blank">View Raw Image</a>

Mar 14, 2017

Juventus have secured their spot in the quarter-finals of the Champions League after recording a 1-0 win over 10-man Porto in Tuesday night's last-16 second leg in Turin.

The Italian champions entered the second leg holding a 2-0 lead from the reverse match in Porto, and Paulo Dybala's first-half penalty made it a comfortable progression into the last eight for Massimiliano Allegri's side.

As expected, Leonardo Bonucci started for Juventus after missing the first leg following a disagreement with head coach Allegri. Giorgio Chiellini, however, was only deemed fit enough for the bench due to a muscular problem.

Miralem Pjanic was also left on the bench as Allegri selected an attacking team which included Dybala, Gonzalo Higuain and Mario Mandzukic.

As for Porto, Alex Telles was suspended after picking up a red card in the first leg, which opened up a spot in the team for Miguel Layun. Oliver Torres and Andre Andre, meanwhile, were also handed starts by head coach Nuno Espirito.

Twice Juventus had opportunities to make the breakthrough in the opening three minutes, but Higuain headed wide of the post from outside the Porto box, before Dybala fired over the crossbar from close range after breaking through.

Dybala had another shooting chance for Juventus in the seventh minute after finding a yard of space outside the Porto box, but the Argentine's effort just moved wide of the far post.

Tiquinho Soares had Porto's first attempt on target in the 10th minute as the match began to open up, but the striker's effort was always comfortable for veteran goalkeeper Gianluigi Buffon.

Mandzukic was next to come close for Juventus in the 23rd minute after meeting a cross from Juan Cuadrado, but the striker's header was saved by Iker Casillas, who kept hold of the ball under pressure from Higuain.

Clear opportunities were few and far between in the opening 40 minutes of action, but the first period ended on a high for Juventus and a real low for Porto, who had experienced defender Maxi Pereira sent off for stopping a goal-bound Higuain strike with his hand.

Indeed, the referee was quick to point to the penalty spot and it was Dybala that stepped forward to send Juventus ahead with a spot kick as the Italian champions took a 3-0 aggregate lead.

Both managers made alterations at the interval, with Marko Pjaca taking the place of Cuadrado, while Willy Boly was introduced for Porto in place of the highly-rated Andre Silva, who struggled in the opening 45 minutes.

Porto had a chance to level the scores in the 49th minute when Soares's pace took him clear of the Juventus defence and into a shooting position, but the striker could only curl his effort wide of the far post.

Juventus had a couple of opportunities to add gloss to the scoreline past the hour mark, but Higuain could only fire wide of the post after dancing into the Porto box, before Pjaca saw his effort evade the away side's goal.

Dybala was next to come close for the home side 20 minutes from time after meeting a cross from Alex Sandro, but the striker got his volley all wrong and the ball went harmlessly wide of the Porto post.

The majority of Porto's threat in the second period came on the counter-attack as they looked to give their supporters something to cheer, although it was Juventus that remained in control from start to finish.

Tomas Rincon replaced Dybala in the 78th minute as the Argentine's work for the night came to an end, and it was his goal that separated the two teams entering the final 10 minutes of the last-16 tie in Turin.

Diogo Jota came closest to netting a consolation for Porto late on, but the substitute could only find the side-netting after managing to lift the ball over the advancing Buffon.

In the end, Juventus never really needed to break sweat on the night as the Italian champions joined the likes of Barcelona, Bayern Munich and Real Madrid in the draw for the quarter-finals.

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
Ospite
Questa discussione è chiusa.
Accedi per seguire   

• Chi sta navigando   0 utenti

Nessun utente registrato visualizza questa pagina.

• Crea Nuovo...