-
Numero contenuti
139180 -
Iscritto
-
Ultima visita
-
Days Won
29
Tipo di contenuto
Profilo
Forum
Calendario
Tutti i contenuti di Socrates
-
Whats in a name? Luciano Moggi demonstrates Nov 13, 2011 When Luciano Moggi attended this year
-
Giuseppe "Oscar" Damiani
Socrates ha risposto al topic di Socrates in Tutti Gli Uomini Della Signora
. -
Bonucci 'slightly bitter' about missing out on Italy squad Juventus defender admits he is disappointed about not being called up to the latest Azzurri squad, but has vowed to continue working hard and regain his place in the XI. Nov 12, 2011 Juventus defender Leonardo Bonucci says he misses not being directly involved in national team affairs for Italy. The 24-year-old had been a regular face in Cesare Prandelli's selections but has seen his game time for La Nazionale diminish of late, and his latest no-show in the ex-Fiorentina man's 24-man squad has prompted the centre-back to voice his disappointment. "There is some bitterness at not being called up to the squad, but I'm still part of their plans," Bonucci told Sky Sport Italia. "In football you should never take anything for granted." However, he has promised to carry on ploughing all of his efforts into returning for Italy, before praising fellow defender Angelo Ogbonna, who made his debut for the four-time world champions against Poland on Friday. "I think about just working hard and putting myself back in contention as one of the centre-backs," vowed Bonucci. "Ogbonna's debut with the Azzurri? I know Angelo well, we often hang out in Turin. He's a very good guy and deserves all the attention he is getting," he enthused. Prandelli's Bonucci-less Italy will take to the field against Uruguay on Tuesday at the Olimpico.
-
Bonucci 'bitter' at Italy snub Nov 12, 2011 Leonardo Bonucci admits he was surprised to be left out of the Italy squad, though is focusing on winning the Scudetto with Juventus.
-
Chiellini sees Juve advantage Nov 11, 2011 Giorgio Chiellini admits that a lack of European football this season will increase Juventus
-
Luciano Moggi: I will continue my fight for Calciopoli justice The former Bianconeri transfer chief insists he has not done anything wrong, despite being handed a suspended jail sentence as he gets ready to appeal the guilty verdict. Nov 11, 2011 Luciano Moggi has vowed to fight on in his battle to clear his name after being convicted of sporting fraud during his time as a Juventus director. The Tribunal of Naples sentenced Moggi to five years and four months in prison this week, though he will not yet spend time in a cell as he will appeal the verdict of the 'Calciopoli 2' trial. Moggi insists he has never committed any fraud or illegality and said he will continue his fight for justice. "I have never done any thing wrong or committed any sporting fraud," Moggi wrote in his Tuttomercatoweb.com column. "However, this sentence has pushed me to fight on. I am convinced I have been accused of something that I did not do. "I will have faith in justice and will pursue this in every form. "This is football, the road is hard and difficult, but I am not afraid." Following the trial, Juventus released a statement claiming the outcome had proved they were not guilty of any wrongdoing.
-
Not playing in the Champions League is a good thing for Juventus, says Giorgio Chiellini The Italy international assesses his club side's Scudetto credentials and believes that not being involved in the potential distractions of European competition is an advantage. Nov 11, 2011 Juventus defender Giorgio Chiellini believes a lack of Champions League football can help focus attention on the pursuit of the Serie A title. The Italy international, who is likely to feature in Friday night's friendly against Poland, reflected on the domestic situation his club find themselves in. Juventus are fourth in the standings, but with a game in hand after last Sunday's fixture against Napoli was postponed. It has been an impressive start for the Bianconeri, having already beaten AC Milan and Inter which has strengthened hopes of a title win. And Chiellini feels not playing in Europe gives them an advantage compared to those involved in continental action on a regular basis, but he is not getting carried away. "Not playing in Europe can be an advantage for Juventus for the Scudetto, but next year we want to be there," Chiellini is quoted as saying on Tuttosport. "However, it is still early to say that we are favourites for the title. "I think Milan are up there and Napoli also have a great project."
-
Luciano Moggi to appeal prison term Juventus statement causes stir Nov 10, 2011 Former Juventus general director Luciano Moggi has announced he will appeal against his sentence. Moggi was on Tuesday found guilty of criminal association aimed at committing sports fraud by a civil court in Naples. The 74-year-old was punished to five years and four months in prison for his role in the match-fixing scandal that rocked Italy five years ago.
-
Calciopoli & Scommessopoli In English
Socrates ha risposto al topic di gsol in Juventus news in English
Juventus distance themselves from Calciopoli Nov 9, 2011 Juventus states the civil trial surrounding Luciano Moggi and calciopoli confirms their non-involvement in matters relating to the scandal. Moggi was found guilty of sporting fraud and sentenced to five years jail by the tribunal but will appeal, while Juve claims it will continue in their bid to regain lost Scudetti after its appeal for damages was rejected. A statement on the club -
Moggi gets jail sentence over match-fixing Nov 9, 2011 NAPLES, Italy - Former Juventus general manager Luciano Moggi was sentenced to five years and four months in jail on Tuesday for his role in the match-fixing case which led to the club being demoted and stripped of their 2005 and 2006 Serie A titles. Moggi, already banned from football for life, was found guilty of sporting fraud and conspiracy by an Italian court in the criminal trial linked to the affair. Fiorentina owners and brothers Andrea and Diego Della Valle and Lazio president Claudio Lotito were sentenced to 15 months and fined 25,000 euros ($34,600) each. Former referee selector Paolo Bergamo was sentenced to three years and eight months and his colleague Pierluigi Pairetto to one year and 11 months. Prosecutors in Naples, who had been investigating the case, had asked for five years and eight months for Moggi. His lawyer said he would appeal. Moggi, who was not in court, has already been convicted of trying to manipulate the transfer market via a management agency in a separate criminal trial but has never served his one-year term. The defendants are unlikely to spend time in jail due to Italy's lengthy appeals process and the reluctance of judges to imprison offenders for non-violent crimes. Juventus spent a season in Serie B after the scandal. They won promotion at the first attempt but have never since reached their former heights although they are unbeaten this season. The 2005 scudetto was not re-awarded and Inter Milan were declared champions for 2006. Milan, Fiorentina, Lazio and Reggina were also docked points after being found guilty alongside Juventus of influencing the appointment of referees in the so-called Calciopoli scandal. Earlier this year, Juventus called for Inter's title to be revoked following allegations that they were also involved in the scandal. However, the Italian federation ruled it did not have the power to revoke the decision and Inter were confirmed as champions.
-
Massimo Ambrosini sees Juventus as title rivals AC Milan's captain believes the Bianconeri have it easier compared to the rest because they are not spending vital energy on European competitions. Nov 10, 2011 AC Milan captain Massimo Ambrosini believes Juventus will be their main rivals for the Scudetto crown this season. Antonio Conte's men have been the early pace setters in Serie A and are currently fourth in the standings, but have a game in hand after last week's game against Napoli was postponed. Napoli have also been tipped as title candidates, but Ambrosini feels their Champions League run could hurt them domestically. "I think Juventus are impressive and they can be a rival for the Scudetto," Ambrosini told Sky Sport Italia. "They have a precise mentality. They are not involved in Europe and so they can be fastidious for the rest. "Napoli? Playing in the Champions League takes up lots of energy and this could hurt Napoli as they are not used to this." Milan are third in the league on 20 points, one more than Juventus.
-
Andrea Barzagli sent home due to calf strain The Juventus defender is not fit enough to continue as he drops out of the Azzurri team to face Poland and Uruguay in the upcoming friendly internationals. Nov 10, 2011 Italy centre-back Andrea Barzagli is the latest in a long list of injured players forced to withdraw from the squad. Tuttosport reports that tests performed Barzagli on Thursday afternoon revealed he has suffered a calf strain. That led to a consultation with coach Cesare Prandelli and it was decided the Juventus defender is not fit to continue. The news means Barzagli will miss the international friendlies against Poland on Friday and Uruguay next Tuesday. Barzagli joins Sebastian Giovinco, Antonio Cassano and Giuseppe Rossi who are all unavailable for Italy.
-
Chiellini goes on Italy defensive Nov 10, 2011 Giorgio Chiellini wants Italy to again underline their defensive strength under Cesare Prandelli in the game against Poland. Italy have conceded eight goals in 16 ties since Prandelli took charge after World Cup 2010, but only two of them came in their 10 Euro 2012 qualifying encounters.
-
Barzagli leaves Italy camp Nov 10, 2011 Andrea Barzagli is on his way back to Turin after he withdrew from the Italy squad because of injury. The defender strained a calf muscle in training earlier this week which did rule him out of Friday
-
Moggi: "I'm a scapegoat" Nov 9, 2011 Luciano Moggi claims he is
-
Ibrahimovic: Luciano Moggi cried in front of Juventus players due to Calciopoli The Swedish striker has stressed that Juventus won their titles because of hard work rather than by influencing referees, and revealed the former general director was devastated. Nov 9, 2011 AC Milan attacker Zlatan Ibrahimovic has revealed that former Juventus director Luciano Moggi cried in front of his players during a crisis meeting to discuss the Calciopoli scandal. Moggi is seen as one of the main culprits in the case and was found guilty of sporting fraud by the Tribunal of Naples on Tuesday, and was consequently sentenced to five years and four months in prison. Juventus were stripped of the 2004-05 and 2005-06 Serie A titles for their alleged involvement in Calciopoli and were also relegated to Serie B - a decision that came as huge blow to Moggi. "The first time I met Moggi it was immediately clear that he was a powerful person. The way he dressed and behaved. He was a different person during that meeting, though. He stood there and started crying in front of us. That's what's impressed me most," Ibrahimovic reveals in his autobiography. "It felt like a punch in the stomach. He had always looked strong and I had never seen him like that before. He had always radiated power and strength and seemed to be in control of what happened. I felt compassion for him when I saw him in that state." The Sweden international also voiced his frustration with the decision to take Juventus' Scudetti away from them as he feels they won the trophies because of their hard work rather than due to help from referees. "The Calciopoli scandal is all nonsense, in my opinion. At least the most of it is. We didn't win because referees did us favours. We won because we worked very hard and were the best. We always fought hard and didn't need any help. It's all bulls***." Ibrahimovic also looks back at his time at Inter and feels the reason they won trophies after Calciopoli was that the different cliques in the squad were broken down. "One of the first things I did after arriving at Inter was speak to [president] Massimo Moratti to say that the squad wasn't united. We had to break down the different clans. "Teams perform at their best when there's cohesion, but the opposite was the case at Inter. Breaking down the various cliques was the biggest challenge. It's impossible to win anything if the dressing room isn't united." The AC Milan striker's autobiography goes on sale on Friday, but the book has already made several headlines as a result of leaked excerpts.
-
Calciopoli & Scommessopoli In English
Socrates ha risposto al topic di gsol in Juventus news in English
Juventus claim court decision proved they were not involved in Calciopoli scandal The Italian giants are unhappy that their appeal for damages has been turned down as they were allegedly deemed not-guilty of the events related to the football scandal. Nov 8, 2011 Juventus claim that the Tribunal of Naples has ruled they had no connection with the events related to the Calciopoli scandal. The Serie A side's former general director Luciano Moggi has been condemned to over five years in prison after being found guilty of sporting fraud. After being stripped of two Serie A titles as a result of the Calciopoli events, Juventus filed a request for damages, which was refused by the court on Tuesday. "Today's decision stated Juventus' non involvement with the matters charged," a club statement read. "The Club was taken to the court of Naples as civilly liable entity by way of objective liability according to Art. 2049 Italian Civil Code. "The decision emerged from the result of a thorough hearing and from the analysis of all evidence, clashed with the reality of an inaccurate sports law which severely penalized Juventus, the sole club damaged due to the removal of two titles - following the victories achieved on the pitch - with consequent relegation and related extensive losses. "Juventus will continue their legitimate campaigns in order to restore the equality of treatment." -
Calciopoli & Scommessopoli In English
Socrates ha risposto al topic di gsol in Juventus news in English
Juventus 'not involved in Calciopoli' Nov 8, 2011 Juventus claim the civil trial confirmed the club -
Luciano Moggi found guilty of sporting fraud in Calciopoli scandal Former Juventus director, as well the remaining leading troupe of the Calciopoli scandal, have all been condemned for their actions. Nov 8, 2011 The Tribunal of Naples has found Luciano Moggi guilty of sporting fraud and has sentenced the former Juventus general director to five years and four months in prison. Moggi will not spend any time in jail, though, due to the intricacies of Italian law. Since this is a first-degree sentence, there are several levels of appeal which Moggi can utilise. Former refereeing designators Paolo Bergamo and Pierluigi Pairetto have been sentenced to three years and eight months, and one year and 11 months respectively for their roles in the Calciopoli scandal, while Fiorentina owners Diego and Andrea Della Valle and Lazio president Claudio Lotito have all been condemned to one year and three months apiece. "I absolutely did not expect this sentence," said Maurilio Prioreschi, one of Moggi's attorneys. "We have only lost the first round, we will try to turn the situation around in appeal. "We will do everything until we have justice. Moggi is devastated, he does not understand how he has been given this sentence. "We now have 90 days to know the grounds for the decision and prepare our defence for the appeal." The 74-year-old Moggi had already been banned from football for life for his involvement in the organised action which involved a network of phone calls with former referees and designators as well as former FIGC (Italian Football Association) officials.
-
Gianluigi Buffon: Italy will miss Cassano & Rossi The Juventus shot stopper is hoping the two strikers recover in time for Euro 2012 as he analyses what their absence from international duty means for the rest of the team. Nov 8, 2011 Italy goalkeeper Gianluigi Buffon has described the void left by injured forwards Antonio Cassano and Giuseppe Rossi. The Azzurri duo are out for the long term as Cassano is recovering from heart surgery, while Rossi is out with a knee injury. Buffon is expecting their absences to be visible when the Azzurri play against Poland and Uruguay in their upcoming international friendlies, but hopes the two highly-rated strikers are back in time for Euro 2012. "Rossi and Cassano will both be missed from a technical and personal point of view as they have always helped us greatly," Buffon told the press. "My hope is that they will be able to travel with us to the European Championships. "We will miss Cassano greatly as he always brings something to the team. He always wants to leave his mark and he makes the group happy with his polite exuberance which is always nice." Italy play Poland on Friday night with kick-off scheduled for 20.45CET.
-
Barzagli to miss Poland-Italy Nov 8, 2011 Andrea Barzagli picked up a muscular problem in training today and should miss Friday
-
Moggi guilty in Calciopoli civil trial Nov 8, 2011 The Naples Tribunal has ruled Luciano Moggi is guilty of sporting fraud and condemned to five years and four months. This evening the Calciopoli civil trial came to a head with Judge Teresa Casoria giving her verdict. Moggi had argued he was
-
Calciopoli & Scommessopoli In English
Socrates ha risposto al topic di gsol in Juventus news in English
Ibra on Calciopoli Nov 8, 2011 Zlatan Ibrahimovic -
Buffon on loss of Cassano and Rossi Nov 7, 2011 Gigi Buffon admits that Italy will miss Antonio Cassano and Giuseppe Rossi on and off the pitch over the next six months. Milan man Cassano is recovering from minor heart surgery, while the Villarreal forward recently damaged knee ligaments.
