Accedi per seguire   
Socrates

Juventus Management

130785 messaggi

logo.png

Elkann: 'Zeman? Carrera already won more'

.asd

Aug 16, 2012

Juventus patron John Elkann has issued a withering retort to Roma boss Zdenek Zeman's criticism of Bianconeri Coach Antonio Conte.

Conte is currently serving a 10 month ban for his alleged failure to report match fixing. Juve managed to win the Supercoppa without him last Saturday, defeating Napoli 4-2 in Beijing with technical director for youth development Massimo Carrera deputising for the tactician on the touchline.

Zeman - who has a long history of antipathy with Juventus - suggested last Sunday that the FIGC hadn't gone far enough, and that Conte: “shouldn't be able to train his team.”

Asked for a reply to those comments at Juve's Villar Perosa pre-season retreat today, Elkann quipped: “The interesting thing is that Carrera in one match has won more than Zeman has in a career. That is the best answer.”

Though regularly lauded for the attractive, attacking football his teams play, Zeman has never won a major trophy, two Serie B titles achieved with Foggia and Pescara being the limit of his achievements.

Elkann is the grandson of legendary Juventus President Gianni Agnelli.

Condividi questo messaggio

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
130785 messaggi

logo.png

Paratici snubs Spurs for Juventus

Oct 12, 2012

Sporting director Fabio Paratici has decided to extend his contract at Juventus despite attracting the interest of Tottenham.

Paratici has been in Turin since 2010 when he moved to the Old Lady along with director general Beppe Marotta from Sampdoria.

The 40-year-old, a former player, will put pen to paper on a new deal with the Italian champions until June 2015.

That agreement will be made official on October 26.

Tottenham have also recently been linked with Roma director general Franco Baldini.

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
130785 messaggi

xofhxd.jpg

Juventus must improve financial results, says Elkann

The Exor CEO has urged the Bianconeri not to waste their current dominance

and says they need to reap the monetary benefits of their good work.

Apr 16, 2013

John Elkann has urged Juventus to translate their success over the last two years into “better financial results”.

Last season Bayern Munich earned €128m more than the Old Lady, and the financial gap between the teams was clearly visible in their quarter-final fixtures in the Champions League.

The Fiat chairman remains very close with the club and believes it is important for them to not waste all the good work they have done.

“They worked in a splendid way to build an unparalleled winning mentality, which is the real strength of this company,” he wrote in a letter to Exor shareholders. “Of course we cannot forget the valuable support of the fans, especially in the new Juventus stadium.

“The challenge now is to transform the good news on the field in better financial results.”

He added that Exor has endorsed their faith in the club, rewarding good results with an increase in shares.

“I was particularly pleased to see Juventus win the Scudetto in 2012, tallying 30 victories on the field, making them the highest winning team in Italy.”

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
130785 messaggi

logo.png

Nedved: Juve want to keep winning

May 7, 2013

Juventus are only at the start of their winning cycle, insists former player and current club director Pavel Nedved.

The Old Lady won their second consecutive Scudetto on Sunday, but Nedved insists there is still plenty of work to be done.

“We’ve already heard director general Giuseppe Marotta and Coach Antonio Conte talk about the next steps,” the Czech noted.

“Even after two Scudetti and an Italian Super Cup victory, there are still other targets in mind. We have to sit down and discuss how we can improve and what’s required to keep on winning.”

Although the club’s title triumph last year came as a surprise, Nedved insists this victory was more difficult.

“Everyone’s done really well, be it the Coach or the group of players,” added the 40-year-old. “I think they’ve all improved since last year’s triumph, so you can only take your hat off to them.

“Someone who symbolises the success? It’s tough to pick just one, I think the applause should go to the Coach and all the players because, like I said, everyone’s improved in so many aspects.

“Progressing in the Champions League and winning the Scudetto by this kind of margin is a really difficult thing to do.

“A great deal of credit should also go to President Andrea Agnelli. He hired this management three years ago and everyone’s putting in a lot of hard work.”

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
130785 messaggi

xofhxd.jpg

Boniperti: Juventus too weak to win Champions League

The 84-year-old believes his ex-team will struggle to compete with the continent's best until they become more physically imposing.

May 7, 2013
Juventus legend Giampiero Boniperti says his former club need to improve on the physical aspect of their game in order to replicate their domestic success on the European stage.

Antonio Conte's men have coasted to their second Scudetto in as many years this season, but their fortunes in the Champions League did not prove as fruitful after bowing out 4-0 on aggregate to Bayern Munich in the quarter-final stage of the competition.

Speaking to Corrierre dello Sport, Boniperti belives the Bianconeri boast the personnel required to compete with Europe's finest but stressed the need for physical improvement before launching another assault on the competition next season.

"To win in Europe we need to improve on our physical power. We need to get into this mentality of being physically strong as well as mentally."

The 84-year-old, who won five Serie A titles with the Turin-based club, also hit back at claims Juventus were the strongest in a mediocre field by suggesting the club's detractors were envious of their achievements.

"Winning a championship is always difficult, but to win two in a row is far more difficult," he continued. "Some say we won a mediocre championship but maybe they're jealous. We should remember how difficult it is winning a title in Italy. It was [difficult] in the 70s, 80s, 90s and it still is.

Conte's men need a further point to match their points total from last season (84) and, with the league title already wrapped up, Juve will now set their sights on breaking the club record for points won in a single season - which currently stands at 91.

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
130785 messaggi

swcy9l.png

Elkann on Tevez & Buffon heroics

Jul 1, 2013

Chairman of the Exor group that owns Juventus John Elkann has praised the signing of Carlos Tevez and Gianluigi Buffon's performances for Italy.

The Argentine forward arrived from Manchester City last week to much fanfare, and the Bianconeri chief has claimed that it is a great purchase by the club.

“We have a really strong team already,” he told reporters. “The collective is very important for us.

“Tevez is a great buy. Juventus have always had strong No.10s throughout its history.”

Elkann then commented on the club's goalkeeper and his heroics in the Confederations Cup third-place play-off.

“Buffon has once again proven to be a great champion.

“We are very proud of our captain's performances in Brazil.”

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
130785 messaggi

swcy9l.png

Nedved not amused by Allegri

Aug 8, 2013

Pavel Nedved has hit back at Milan boss Massimiliano Allegri’s jibe that Juventus need to get a sense of humour.

“I’m always calm,” :| the tactician said in an interview with the giornalaccio rosa dello Sport yesterday. “It's just that Juve took one or two of my jokes a little too seriously.

“Someone over there should study humour. I'm lucky enough to be from Livorno. Humour comes naturally to me.”

http://markting10.nl/

Bianconero director Nedved clearly wasn’t too amused by the suggestions of the former Cagliari tactician.

“Our creed here is to be winners, not be nice,” the former Juventus and Czech Republic midfielder told Sport Mediaset.

“We take everything seriously here,” he added. “Being seen as pleasant is not our aim, being successful is.”

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
130785 messaggi

swcy9l.png

Elkann: 'Champions League a dream'

Aug 11, 2013

Club owner John Elkann says the Scudetto remains the top Juventus target, though “the Champions League is a dream.”

Last season the Bianconeri went out in the quarter-finals to eventual winners Bayern Munich and won their second consecutive Serie A title.

“The results of the summer friendlies in the United States are not indicative of the campaign ahead. We must not get worried,” assured Elkann.

“Our principle objective for this season is to continue doing well in Italy for a third consecutive Scudetto, which is by no means a simple task.

“After that, of course, the Champions League is a dream.”

Elkann is one of the heirs to the Agnelli family and thanked UEFA President Michel Platini for today’s visit in Turin.

“It was wonderful to see Platini arrive for an entirely private visit. He came to pay his respects to my grandfather Gianni 10 years after his death and also Umberto.”

Today the Juventus A squad beat the Primavera 4-1, a tradition that opens the season in Turin.

“I think my grandfather would be pleased to see this tradition. Of the current crop of players, I believe Paul Pogba would be his favourite.”

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
130785 messaggi

xofhxd.jpg

Juventus complaints futile - Nedved

The Bianconeri executive says his side can have no complaints over their Champions League
exit and is determined to put in a good showing in the Europa League.

Dec 16, 2013

Juventus board member Pavel Nedved believes complaining about the state of the pitch in his side's match against Galatasaray last week would be futile.

The Italian giants exited the Champions League after a 1-0 loss in a mud-soaked encounter at the Turk Telekom Arena after the tie had initially been abandoned due to snow.

Many have complained about the conditions in Istanbul but the Czech legend says he did not take the Europa League draw as an opportunity to complain about the decision to play the match.

“In the Champions League we got what we deserved. We didn’t complain with Uefa officials today, it was useless to do it," he told reporters.

“In Istanbul the pitch was awful, but the schedules were already full, so it would have been impossible not to play on Wednesday.”

Juventus have been handed another tie against Turkish opposition - Trabzonspor in the Europa League last 32 - and Nedved is determined for his side to give a good account of themselves in the continent's second competition.

“The Europa League is very underestimated, we want to play it at our best, the road ahead is still very long, the fact that our Stadium will stage the final is not an obsession yet," he continued.

“Let’s take it step by step, we’ll play at Trabzonspor and we know it will be an uncomfortable travel and a difficult fixture.”

Victory over the Black Sea outfit could see Juventus paired with Fiorentina in the following round but Nedved is refusing to think too far ahead.

“If we progress, then we’ll think about a possible game against Fiorentina.”

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
130785 messaggi

swcy9l.png

Della Valle-Elkann row erupts

Feb 11, 2014

An ugly spat has broken out between Juventus patron John Elkann and Fiorentina owner Diego Della Valle.

The two clubs have a notoriously fractious relationship based on their rivalry, but it has now spread to the business world as well.

Della Valle criticised Fiat and Elkann hit back, claiming “Della Valle has other things to worry about, as his company Tod’s is going badly. They are down 20 per cent when matched with their competitors.

“They are dwarfed by Prada, Armani, Lvmh and Kering. It’s a small business that is not going well.”

Della Valle was furious and responded to Elkann, an heir to the Agnelli family whose nickname is Yaki.

“I read that Yaki, returning from a long weekend, made comments on a subject he notoriously knows nothing about: the world of work and businesses that run successfully.

“He talked rubbish. If he should like to visit a business that makes excellent products with well-prepared employees and a solid financial situation that never needed to make redundancies, I invite him to visit the Tod’s Group.

“He could even remain for an apprenticeship, seeing as he has a lot of free time. That way he’d learn what it means to actually work.

“I’ve known Yaki since he was a child and it’s a shame he is unable to understand there’s nothing personal in my position against Fiat and the Agnelli family.

“My criticism is against a family who has had and taken everything it wanted from Italy and the Italians in recent decades. In a dramatic moment for the country, instead of being ready to support Italy, they ran off into the shadows to sort out their own personal affairs.

“Anyone who behaves this way deserves no respect.”

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
130785 messaggi

xofhxd.jpg

Nedved confident Juve can win Europa League

The Bianconeri won the Uefa Cup three times between 1977 and 1993
and are well set to do so again in the tournament's modern format.

Mar 21, 2014

Pavel Nedved is confident of Juventus' prospects in the Europa League after they were drawn against Lyon in the quarter-finals.

AMAZONIAN

The Serie A champions overcame Fiorentina 1-0 on Thursday to qualify for the last eight, with Andrea Pirlo's stunning free-kick ensuring a 2-1 aggregate success for Antonio Conte's men.

The Turin club won the tournament three times under its Uefa Cup guise between 1977 and 1993 and are considered to be among the favourites to claim victory in this year's competition.

Juve suffered a shock exit from the Champions League in December as they finished third in Group B behind Real Madrid and Galatasaray.

AMAZONIAN

But former Juve midfielder Nedved - now a board member at the club - feels Conte's side have learned how to approach European competition and have the capabilities to reach the final, which is to be held at Juventus Stadium on May 14.

"There's still a long way to go before we reach the final in Turin," Nedved said. "We're up against Lyon and it won't be easy. We'll play the two-legged tie with full commitment.

"After all, Juventus have tackled this competition with maximum respect and that's why we're here today.

AMAZONIAN

"We've developed as a side. In Europe teams face you with the shackles off and we came up against the odd difficulty as we weren't used to handling this approach.

"Now, however, we've understood the way we need to deal with and win these games.

"The Juventus team I played in also had these difficulties. We were the strongest in the league and struggled in Europe. But this side has all it takes to do well."

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
130785 messaggi

swcy9l.png

Elkann: 'I hope Inter lose'

Apr 2, 2014

Juventus patron John Elkann stirred up controversy by declaring: “I hope Inter keep on losing.”

The President of Exor is one of the heirs to the Agnelli family and was at a Q&A when asked by a child why Inter have stopped winning.

“I don’t know why Inter aren’t winning any more. I hope they keep on losing, though,” was Elkann’s reply.”

He was also asked whether Antonio Conte would remain on the Juventus bench next season.

“I am very happy with what we’ve done over the last few years, despite the latest defeat that made us really suffer.

“We hope to end this campaign on a high.”

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
130785 messaggi

swcy9l.png

Elkann: Conte a surprise, but…

Jul 23, 2014

John Elkann, head of the majority shareholders of Juventus, says Antonio Conte’s exit was a ‘surprise’, but that the club ‘is stronger than the individual’.

Elkann is President of Exor, the company that hold more than 60 per cent shares in the Bianconeri, and he is also one of the heirs to the Agnelli family.

Considering the change in management at the club facilitated by Conte’s exit last week, the American-born patron admitted his surprise, but also considered his optimism.

“It was a surprise, but the same as Conte has said, when you lack the motivation it is hard to move forward,” Elkann has told reporters today.

“It was a very good period for Juve, but Juve is stronger than the individual.

“We have before us a great future beyond Conte.

“Allegri now has a great responsibility, as does any Coach of Juventus.

“This responsibility is felt by all of those who work at Juventus because ahead of us we have so many important things and a great future.”

Elkann was asked for his view on continued speculation linking Arturo Vidal with an exit.

“The transfer market is open, there are those who are looking after it very well.”

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
130785 messaggi

swcy9l.png

Elkann: 'Tavecchio inadequate'

Aug 1, 2014

Juventus patron John Elkann slammed FIGC Presidential candidate Carlo Tavecchio as “totally inadequate.”

The Bianconeri and Roma were the only Serie A clubs not to favour Tavecchio, but several others have joined them since his racist comments last Friday.

“It’s impossible to comment on Tavecchio’s phrases. He is totally inadequate for the job,” declared Exor and Fiat President Elkann today.

“In general, Italian and international sport shows us those who aspire to certain positions need to behave the right way.”

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
130785 messaggi

swcy9l.png

Lapo Elkann: 'Juve get results'

http://www.football-italia.net/72590/elkann-juve-get-results?

Sep 5, 2015

Lapo Elkann is confident Juventus will get over their early season slump. “The fact is, Juve bring home results.”

The Bianconeri have lost the first two Serie A games, something that had never happened before in the club’s history.

“I am convinced, certain and sure Juve will soon get back on its feet and get the results we expected,” director Elkann told Sky Sport Italia.

“As with all things in life, when you rebuild a team there can be bumps along the way. The strength of the squad and club will bring Juve back to victory.

“You just need to see the last four years. I don’t remember Roma, Inter or Milan winning the League. I’m pretty sure we did.

“I also recall it was us in the Champions League Final against Barcelona a few months ago, not another team.

“The fact is, Juve bring home results.”

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
130785 messaggi

34e7ujn.jpg

Elkann: I Am Very Confident About Juventus

http://forzaitalianfootball.com/2015/09/elkann-i-am-very-confident-about-juventus/?

Sep 10, 2015

Juventus backer John Elkann remains confident about the Bianconeri’s chances after they lost their opening two fixtures in their worst ever start to a season.

The FIAT chairman insisted that the club is correct to invest in young players as part of a long-term strategy.

“I am very confident about this season,” said Elkann at the Expo in Milan.

“Juve have always displayed lots of courage and a long-term vision.

“The squad now has a lower average age; but with players who have international experience.

“In order to have a strong team you have to invest in young players and every team needs some time to learn how to play together.

“Nobody believed in what we were doing years ago when we sowed the seeds of the great team that won so much.”

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
130785 messaggi

swcy9l.png

Elkann: 'Juve must step up'

http://www.football-italia.net/73445/elkann-juve-must-step?

Sep 24, 2015

John Elkann told Juventus they need “the same determination against Frosinone as with Manchester City.”

The President of FIAT and member of the Board of Directors spoke to reporters after last night’s surprise 1-1 draw with Frosinone.

“What I hope is that Juventus become able to face teams like Frosinone with the same determination as they did with Manchester City.

“Juve are improving and proved they are a great side against the English team, but there’s no doubt they must face every match with the same hard work and concentration required.”

So far this season the Bianconeri have won only three out of seven games in all competition.

Those were the Italian Super Cup against Lazio in Shanghai, Serie A at Genoa and Champions League away to Manchester City.

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
130785 messaggi

swcy9l.png

'Juve can still fight, but Pogba...'

http://www.football-italia.net/73961/juve-can-still-fight-pogba?

Oct 6, 2015

Director Pavel Nedved believes Juventus can come back for the Scudetto, but Paul Pogba must be 'more concrete'.

The Bianconeri have done something to right their awful start to the season with a 3-1 victory against Bologna, but they still have a long way to go.

“Our comeback in 2002 was beautiful, we won the Scudetto on the last day and I think we could do this now too,” Nedved told the Press of the Scudetto challenge, at the Turkish Airlines Football Legends European Golf Championship event.

“But we mustn't think of it now, we know that the next game [against Inter] is going to be really difficult.

“We know we're behind and in trouble, but we also know how to react. No need to look at the standings now.”

The Ballon D'Or winner then discussed Juventus star Paul Pogba, echoing almost exactly the words of France Coach Didier Deschamps.

“You can't have everything when you're young, that's why I tell him to be less stylish on the pitch but more concrete and decisive for the team.

“The team built by Marotta and Paratici is a great team, the technical level is really high.

“We must stay calm and work on that, because we signed players that are very, very good. Everyone is calm at the club, as they are at the team.

“Everything goes as it should and I never considered quitting. I did some important work with the football federation of the Czech Republic.

“It was beautiful, it helped me develop and I'm glad I helped the international team, but there's been no problem with Juventus.”

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
130785 messaggi

swcy9l.png

Elkann: 'Juve don't miss anyone'

http://www.football-italia.net/74028/elkann-juve-dont-miss-anyone?

Oct 7, 2015

Lapo Elkann assures Juventus “do not miss” Arturo Vidal, Andrea Pirlo or Carlos Tevez and can still win the Scudetto.

One of the heirs to the Agnelli fortune celebrated his 38th birthday and spoke to Sport Mediaset about his beloved Juve.

“Do I still believe in the Scudetto? It’s a long battle and you only win it at the end. We have a strong squad, so we can face and win this battle.

“It wasn’t the best start to the season, because there have been so many changes, but I have full faith in my cousin Andrea. I am merely a huge fan.”

Elkann was asked who he missed most between Vidal, Pirlo and Tevez.

“I do not miss anyone, as I am happy with the squad as it is today. It is pleasant to look back at the joys of the past, but I love the future and always want to look forward.

“Max Allegri has strength and intelligence, this Juve will make us happy.”

There were reports today of a possible comeback to Turin for Tevez, as Boca Juniors have allegedly missed his payments.

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
130785 messaggi

swcy9l.png

Spurs try to poach Juve director Paratici

http://www.football-italia.net/74287/spurs-try-poach-juve-director?

Oct 13, 2015

Juventus director of sport Fabio Paratici reportedly turned down several offers from Tottenham Hotspur.

The right-hand man to director general Beppe Marotta is one of the figures behind Juve’s revival and four consecutive Serie A titles.

According to Calciomercato.com, Premier League club Tottenham tried to poach Paratici on several occasions.

He had already been linked over the summer, but another proposal reportedly came in over the last few weeks.

However, Paratici rejected every offer, including a huge wage rise.

Spurs see Paratici as the ideal replacement for another Italian director, Franco Baldini.

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
130785 messaggi

swcy9l.png

Nedved appointed Juventus VP

http://www.football-italia.net/74720/nedved-appointed-juventus-vp?

Oct 23, 2015

Juventus have appointed Pavel Nedved as the club’s new vice-President.

The former midfielder was on the board of directors in Turin, having retired from playing for the club in 2009.

A brief statement on the club’s official Twitter page announced that Nedved has been nominated by the board as the new vice-President.

Nicknamed ‘The Czech Fury’, Nedved spent eight years as a player in Turin, winning four Scudetti and being awarded the Ballon d’Or in 2003.

He further endeared himself to the Bianconeri faithful after the Calciopoli scandal in 2006, remaining with the club in Serie B and scoring 11 goals as the Old Lady secured promotion.

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
130785 messaggi

swcy9l.png

Nedved ‘not rushing into coaching’

http://www.football-italia.net/74887/nedved-%E2%80%98not-rushing-coaching%E2%80%99?

Oct 27, 2015

New Juventus vice-President Pavel Nedved says he’s ‘not rushing into coaching’ and that he feels more stress off the pitch.

The former Czech Republic international made 247 appearances for the Bianconeri as a player and has stayed with the club in a backroom capacity ever since.

On Friday, he was appointed as the club’s vice-President and he spoke in length to Forbes magazine about his experiences with the club.

“Here in Italy everyone is so emotive during matches,” Nedved explained.

“Juventus is in my heart. I have got to know the club as a player and as a board member so I live and breathe the club.

“I was very emotive as a player so I carried it with me to the stands as well. It’s very hard to hold back.

“Since I’m not a player anymore, I’d say it’s getting even worse. I’m very often feeling stressed because I can’t help our guys. I have to get used to it but it’s very hard. I know what should be done on the pitch but I can’t change it.

“For example the Champions League final this year was horrible. In 2003 we were in the final as well but I couldn’t play. This year it all came back to me. I was sitting in the stands and couldn’t do anything.

“Again. I guess it’s destiny but I would like to win it someday so I can rest in peace. I think it was the worst moment of my career. I was at my best, I knew I would help the team, but I couldn’t. Now I’m somewhere else and my role is different, though.

“I’m not really rushing myself into coaching. I know what it takes and coaching these days isn’t something you do for fun.

“You have to be ready in all aspects, just tactics isn’t enough, you have to be a good psychologist as well. I don’t know if the bench would be the right place for me. I like doing what I do. I have found myself in my role.

“I said yes (to this role) because of Agnelli. They wanted me in the management right after I retired but I said yes only when I found out that there is another Agnelli on the board.

“Because Juventus and the Agnelli family have been together for more than 90 years. I knew it would work and I was right. We’ve won four league titles in five years and reached the Champions League final. That’s not bad.”

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
130785 messaggi

swcy9l.png

Nedved: ‘Don't move Euro 2016’

http://www.football-italia.net/76035/nedved-%E2%80%98dont-move-euro-2016%E2%80%99

Nov 21, 2015

Juventus vice-President Pavel Nedved says it would be “absurd” to move Euro 2016 in the wake of the Paris attacks.

Last Friday, the French capital was hit with a series of co-ordinated terrorist attacks - including on the Stade de France - with over 100 people murdered.

France will host next summer’s European Championships, and the former midfielder is firmly against any notion of moving the tournament, as has been suggested by the likes of Just Fontaine.

“It’s absurd to even think about postponing matches,” Nedved told Tuttosport.

“We have to be attentive, and have the maximum security, but we have to play. It’s important because it’s sends a positive signal, and stopping would be a negative signal.

“We have to play, we can’t think about postponing the event or moving it. It would be foolish, and it would be a defeat.

“We play for the fans, and to entertain the people. We have to keep and preserve as much normality as possible.

“Of course, I’m convinced that there will be the utmost alertness and security, I believe the authorities will come up with a plan to make sure there’s no risk.

“I’m convinced that this summer will be a great European Championships, great football, and great entertainment for the people.

“In safety.”

Nedved played in three European Championships, helping the Czech Republic to the semi-finals in 1996 and 2004.

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
130785 messaggi

swcy9l.png

Elkann: 'Juve strong and hungry'

http://www.football-italia.net/84149/elkann-juve-strong-and-hungry?

May 10, 2016

John Elkann hosted a Juventus party and declared “you haven’t just equalled history. You’ve laid the foundations to rewrite it.”

The Bianconeri recovered from a disastrous start to win their fifth consecutive Scudetto, something they’d only achieved in the 1930s.

“Juve are aiming high,” said Elkann, one of the heirs to the Agnelli family fortune, at the Villar Perosa event this evening.

“This Juve is young, strong and still hungry. The Coppa Italia is the next target. Then comes the new season, in Italy and Europe, where we want to be protagonists.

“You haven’t just equalled history. You’ve laid the foundations to rewrite it. This is the place of tradition, where daily news becomes part of a centuries-long legend. It’s a legend that is fascinating because it’s unique, in Italy and not just here.

“This is also the place where every year we renew the pact between a family and a team, to prepare the season that is to come and look forward to the next targets and trophies that wait to be conquered.

“As Andrea says: ‘To the end!’ We like to push the end further and further away, or rather higher and higher, towards new limits and new objectives.

“Perhaps this is the real difference with the 1930s five-title run, an achievement that for eternity set Juventus as the reference point for Italian football, led by the enthusiasm of Andrea’s grandfather and my great-grandfather Edoardo.

“In June 1935 many noticed that the team appeared to be at the end of a sporting era, that the fifth consecutive Scudetto looked like the closing chapter of a phase that could not be repeated.

“However, today’s Juventus is not ending an era. It has just started. It has built a team and an organisation that is getting stronger every day.

“It has learned from mistakes and held out when things went wrong. It believes always and aims high. Today’s Juventus is young, strong and still hungry.”

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
130785 messaggi

swcy9l.png

Real Madrid want Juve chief

http://www.football-italia.net/84677/real-madrid-want-juve-chief

May 21, 2016

Rumours are gathering pace that Real Madrid want to poach Juventus director of sport Fabio Paratici.

The reports emerged last week in Italy and are now spreading to Spain via As.

It’s suggested Coach Zinedine Zidane wants to bring in Paratici to revamp their transfer strategy and focus more on finding the next great talents at a decent price.

There is no director of sport at Real Madrid and hasn’t been since 2014 when Miguel Pardeza was dismissed.

President Florentino Perez has been doing the job instead, but is eager to get someone permanent.

It was Paratici who pushed to sign Paul Pogba and Kingsley Coman as free agents when their contracts with Manchester United and Paris Saint-Germain were coming to an end.

He is also thought to be responsible for approaching Real Madrid in the complex two-year deal for Alvaro Morata.

Juventus will be prepared to put up a fight to keep Paratici, who with director general Beppe Marotta is seen by many as a key element in the reformation of the squad.

The Bianconeri have just won their fifth consecutive Scudetto and have made it clear they want to target the Champions League next season.

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti