Vai al contenuto
Socrates

Claudio Marchisio

130732 messaggi

logo.png

Marchisio wanted win in Verona

Oct 18, 2011

Claudio Marchisio of Juventus has regrets over the 0-0 draw at Chievo Verona on Sunday afternoon.

The Turin giants maintained joint top spot in the table, but they missed an opportunity to move clear of their recognised Scudetto rivals.

Condividi questo messaggio

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
130732 messaggi

logo.png

Marchisio has Juventus regrets

Nov 3, 2011

Juventus may be top of the League, but Claudio Marchisio isn

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
130732 messaggi

imagegoalcomconcept2sub.jpg

Claudio Marchisio: We are top of Serie A and want to stay there

The Italy international is under no illusions to the size of the task that lies

ahead in remaining first, but insists his side must only think about cementing their position.

Nov 3, 2011

Juventus midfielder Claudio Marchisio has urged his team to sustain their status as table-toppers in Serie A for the entire season.

Antonio Conte's side have begun the campaign positively, sitting top of the standings, unbeaten in nine matches.

Their impressive start has prompted a rallying cry from protagonist Marchisio who despite expressing his disappointment at the Old Lady dropping points during various games, wants his side to focus on continue holding onto first-place rather than think about a potential title tilt.

"The title is a beautiful word, but it should remain so," the 25-year-old told his club's official website. "The championship is long. Now there is a match against Napoli, which will be very difficult and then, after the international break, Palermo and Lazio."

"The calendar is so complicated and we must only think about staying in first-place," he continued. "There is a bit of regret that we dropped some points on the road, and we could have enjoyed a greater gap at the top, but we are still pleased with how we started the season.

"In the pre-season we were good in some games, and in others less so, such as our performances in the Trofeo Luigi Berlusconi, as we were not ready for such opponents. Instead we have proved the contrary and against the great teams we haven't put a foot wrong."

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
130732 messaggi

Claudio Marchisio beats Neymar to win goal of the week

Juventus' Italian star edged out the Brazilian prodigy and was a popular choice

with viewers of the Goal Show and readers of our International, UK & German editions.

Nov 5, 2011

Claudio Marchisio has completed a good week for Juventus by scooping goal of the week for his winner against Inter. Marchisio chalked up 44.27 per cent of the global vote and topped the poll on our International and German editions.

Santos' Neymar finished second overall with 32.14% of the vote and topped the individual poll on our UK edition. Fellow Brazilian Eninho, who scored with a cheeky goal from a corner-kick for Jeonbuk Motors, was third with 11.57% followed by Senad Lulic (9.38%) and Alvaro Saborio with 2.64%.

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
130732 messaggi

Claudio Marchisio credits Juventus team-mate Del Piero

and Liverpool's Steven Gerrard as his idols

The 25-year-old Italian international has lauded his captain as 'a legend' while

also branding the England midfielder as the most complete midfielder he has ever seen.

Nov 25, 2011

Juventus midfielder Claudio Marchisio has credited his teammate Alessandro Del Piero and Liverpool's Steven Gerrard as his idols.

The 25-year-old has been in good form for his club this season, scoring five goals, and speaking to La giornalaccio rosa dello Sport the Italy international lauded his captain as his childhood hero.

"Del Piero has always been my idol. A legend. In my own position, I was crazy about [steven] Gerrard.

"I remember in the Champions League final comeback by Liverpool against AC Milan, you saw him up front, on the wings, and a moment later he was back, marking the playmaker.

"I have never seen such a complete midfielder."

Marchisio also tipped AC Milan to retain their Serie A crown, and stated that his aim for the season was to help his club back into the Champions League.

"We're thinking about it one game at a time and trying to stay ahead of everyone for as long as possible. I want to get Juventus back into the Champions League.

"I see AC Milan as the title favourites. They have the experience."

Juventus travel to Rome on Saturday as they look to protect their unbeaten record against fellow Scudetto contenders Lazio.

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
130732 messaggi

logo.png

Marchisio was never for sale

Dec 5, 2011

Juventus have rejected speculation that they considered selling Claudio Marchisio during the summer transfer window.

The Italian international has been one of the club’s best players so far this season and a major reason why they are currently top of the League.

“We never thought about selling Marchisio,” director general Beppe Marotta told La Domenica Sportiva.

“He is eclectic, a player who can combine quantity with quality. He’s one of the top players in Europe right now.”

The midfielder, 25, is actually the club’s joint leading Serie A scorer this season – with Alessandro Matri – thanks to his six goals in 12 games.

His latest came in Sunday’s 2-0 win over Cesena.

“We knew that we had to collect a victory,” Marotta continued. “And the side brought home the three points needed.”

The former Sampdoria official also applauded the work of new boss Antonio Conte, the former Juve captain who led Siena to promotion last term.

“Conte has talent, he has got the best value out of our players, he’s given them an attachment to the club and installed a good work ethic.”

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
130732 messaggi

Claudio Marchisio: I never thought about leaving Juventus

The Italy international has stressed that a transfer away from Turin was never an option

for him, and stated that it's still too soon to think about winning the Serie A title.

Dec 7, 2011

Juventus midfielder Claudio Marchisio has insisted that he never considered leaving the Old Lady as he is happy with life at the Serie A table-toppers.

The Italy international was being linked with a move away from Juventus in the summer transfer window, but Marchisio stressed that a departure was never an option for him.

"Although there were a lot of rumours about a potential transfer, I always had the club's full confidence," Marchisio was quoted as saying by Tuttosport.

"I never even thought about leaving Juventus. I had only just signed a contract extension and had absolutely no reason to think about a transfer."

The Juventus star then went on to discuss his side's title credentials and reminded that it's still too soon to think about winning the Scudetto.

"It's not like we're not talking about the title, but it's still very early. At the moment, we're first in the table and that's important to us. However, there are so many more games to be played.

"We have shown that we can play some good football and we will now have to keep up that good form. We can't make any mistakes."

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
130732 messaggi

logo-the-national.png

The humility of Juventus' homegrown hero

Dec 7, 2011

When a footballer of only 25 makes a fuss of himself to the extent of going into print, it is wise to pose the question: has he really done enough to justify 126 pages?

To which Claudio Marchisio could legitimately answer that the work is mainly of photographs. What is more, Marchisio's unassuming off-the-field demeanour easily dispels any suspicion he may have become too full of himself.

The book should sell well in the lead-up to Christmas. Juventus are top of Serie A, happily installed in their new stadium, and they have warmed over the last four months to an authentic home-grown hero.

Marchisio, who comes from the Turin area and has been attached to Juve since he was seven, is the leading goal-scorer, with six strikes in a dozen games from his position in midfield.

He is also off the mark for Italy, for whom he scored his first goal in the Euro 2012 qualifier against Serbia in October.

There is an eagerness, among the Juventus supporters, to make Marchisio the emblem of a bright-looking future after two seasons of dashed hopes.

A persistent label stuck on him is that he is the Marco Tardelli of his generation.

Tardelli was the dynamic midfielder who was the galvanising force of the strong Juventus teams of the 1970s and 1980s, installed in the national Hall of Fame above all for his goal in the 1982 World Cup final, and the open-mouthed, sinews-stretched celebration after it, with the Azzurri on their way to victory.

Tardelli sees something in the comparison: "It's true we have some of the same physicality, similar roles in the team and the same club jersey.

"But you can't compare too much across different eras."

Tardelli's was a glittering one. Apart from a World Cup, he accumulated six scudetti - Serie A titles - and gold medals in each of the four different European club competitions of the time.

Marchisio's immediate ambitions are more circumspect.

The Coppa Italia, in which Juve meet Bologna tonight for a place in the quarter-finals - "is our Champions League this season," he says. Competing in the real European Cup must wait until next season, at least.

As for the league title, had he become the talisman Juve needed to carry them through to May at the summit for the first time in five years?

"I'm not a player who will win titles on my own," he said, "and Milan have a player, Zlatan Ibrahimovic, who can almost do that. They will be a big threat."

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
130732 messaggi

logo.png

Tardelli crowns Marchisio

Dec 11, 2011

Claudio Marchisio is often compared to Marco Tardelli, but the Juventus legend claims “he is stronger than I was.”

The midfielder has become the unlikely hero of this season and their top scorer, though he received the highest praise from the current Republic of Ireland assistant manager.

“It’s difficult to compare players from the past and the present, but in my view he is stronger than I was,” Tardelli told the giornalaccio rosa dello Sport.

More of the stars from that 1980s Juventus and Italy side also gave their backing to Marchisio.

“I always avoid comparisons, but Marchisio is Tardelli’s real heir,” said Fulvio Collovati.

Current Azzurri Coach Cesare Prandelli added Marchisio “has broken through. He has quantity, quality and now scores goals too. He’s fantastic.”

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
130732 messaggi

Claudio Marchisio: Juventus want to finish 2011 top of Serie A

The Italy international is determined to end the year on a high, and team-mate

Giorgio Chiellini has added that the Bianconeri can't slip up now after a good start to the term.

Dec 14, 2011

Juventus midfielder Claudio Marchisio has made it clear that the Bianconeri will do their utmost to end 2011 on a positive note and enter the new year top of the table in Italy.

The Turin giants currently sit joint first in the Serie A standings with 30 points from 14 games, and Marchisio is hopeful of successfully defending top spot in the final two league games of the year, against Novara on December 18 and Udinese three days later.

"We are a great team and we will try to end the year in first position in the upcoming two games," Marchisio was quoted as saying by Tuttosport.

"Novara have shown that their worthy of playing in Serie A. They might not have collected too many points, but they have done pretty well. They beat Inter and troubled Napoli as well. We have to be very alert. They need the points, but so do we."

Team-mate Giorgio Chiellini was equally keen to end 2011 at the summit, and assured that they have that goal firmly in their sights.

"Juventus' objective? We want to sit top of the table come Christmas. We are really close, so it would be a shame to ruin our great start in the next two games. We still have plenty to learn, but we are on the right track," the defender said to Sky Sport Italia.

Juventus are currently preparing for Sunday's home game against Novara, which kicks off at 15.00CET.

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
130732 messaggi

logo.png

Marchisio: Do Juve need signings?

Dec 15, 2011

Claudio Marchisio wouldn’t be disappointed if League leaders Juventus opted against making any January signings.

The Old Lady have been linked with a number of possible acquisitions, but the midfielder doesn’t think new faces are necessary.

“The club will make its evaluations, but I can say that this squad is already very competitive,” he told Sky Sport Italia.

“Obviously if the directors do decide to make some changes in the New Year then that will be good for everyone, but we are already a great group.”

The Turin giants are currently joint top of the standings with Udinese, two points clear of Milan and Lazio.

“We’ve demonstrated a lot up until this point of the season,” the Italian international continued. “We want to finish this month of December in first place.”

Juve, who drew 1-1 at Roma on Monday night, are next in action at the weekend when they entertain Novara.

“Novara are doing well,” he added. “They’ve played to win when facing everyone. They’ll come to Turin looking for points and we have to be alert.”

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
130732 messaggi

Pavel Nedved: Claudio Marchisio will soon be regarded

as one of the best midfielders in the world

The former Bianconeri star is confident the Italy international will become one

of the best players in his position, but the 25-year-old is only focussed on team success.

Dec 20, 2011

Former Juventus star Pavel Nedved has taken the time to praise Claudio Marchisio and feels the midfielder has the potential to become one of the best players in the world in his position.

The 25-year-old has been in impressive form in the 2011-12 campaign and has already netted six goals in 14 Serie A appearances.

"I'm sure Marchisio will soon be regarded as one of the best midfielders in the world," Nedved was quoted as saying on the official Uefa website.

"He is already close to the best; he just needs a bit more experience."

Despite Nedved's praise, Marchisio is not getting carried away and is focussed on helping Juventus back into European competition.

"The more good things I hear about myself, the harder I feel I have to work in training. We are all eager to bounce back after a difficult season and we must be proud of what we are doing," Marchisio said.

"We worked very hard in the summer and now the team are responding well to any kind of pressure. We all want to get Juve back into European competition."

Marchisio joined Juventus at the age of seven and made his first team debut in 2006. He has made close to 150 official appearances for the Turin giants.

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
130732 messaggi

Claudio Marchisio: Antonio Conte has brought a new mentality to the club

The Bianconeri midfielder has heaped praise on the head coach, claiming that

his new approach has brought out the best in the club and himself as they stand joint-top of Serie A.

Dec 28, 2011

Juventus midfielder Claudio Marchisio has hailed the impact of coach Antonio Conte, crediting him with instilling a new fearless mindset into the side.

With the BIanconeri ending the year as joint-Serie A leaders with AC Milan, the midfielder believes that the new coach's style has brought out the best in himself and the club.

"Conte has brought a new mentality to the club," Marchisio said, according to Reuters.

"One of his merits has been to eliminate the fear which had unfortunately taken hold at the club after years of disappointing results."

Having been stripped of their 2005 and 2006 Scudetti following match-fixing scandals, the club has since been unable to claim the Serie A title.

However, since the appointment of Conte in May this year, Juventus have yet to lose in the league, having recorded nine wins and seven draws in 16 fixtures.

"The boss knows what winning means and he brings that winning mindset to the club every day based on his own hard-working, committed character," Marchisio stated.

The 25-year-old Italian also believes that the style of play employed by Conte has allowed him to perform more effectively on the pitch.

"I think the new system has helped bring out my best qualities," he continued.

"I've always thought of myself as a central midfielder with good technical abiltiy and a good engine. The boss' new style helps my game and I've been able this season to get between the opponents' defensive lines."

Marchisio has been a star performer for Juventus this season, having scored six goals in 16 appearances in the league.

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
130732 messaggi

3510741613.gif

Conte brings ‘new mentality to Juventus'

One of his merits has been to eliminate the fear

which had unfortunately taken hold for years, Marchisio says.

Dec 30, 2011

Eight years since Juventus last won the Scudetto, midfielder Claudio Marchisio believes the winning mentality is back at the club under coach Antonio Conte.

Marchisio's six league goals have helped the Bianconeri to a 16-match unbeaten start to the season and they head into the new year joint top of Serie A with champions AC Milan.

"Conte has brought a new mentality to the club," Marchisio told Reuters in an interview. "One of his merits has been to eliminate the fear which had unfortunately taken hold at the club after years of disappointing results."

With 27 scudettos, nine more than AC Milan and Inter Milan, Juventus are Italy's most successful club domestically, but they have struggled since the 2006 calciopoli scandal when they were stripped of the 2005 and 2006 scudettos and demoted to Serie B.

"Conte is called the hammer by some of the players, and there's probably no better description," said the 25-year old.

"The boss knows what winning means and he brings that winning mindset to the club every day based on his own hard-working committed character."

The Turin giants, who missed out on European football last season after finishing outside the top six, have also benefited this term from the new close-to-the-action Juventus Arena, Italy's first stadium to be owned by a club.

Encouragement

"I couldn't guess how many extra points the ground will be worth for us this season," Marchisio said. "But what I can definitely say is the feeling you get when you hear the fans constantly encourage. Seeing their faces close up gives you renewed energy and helps you go the extra mile."

The 41,000-capacity arena was the venue in October when Marchisio struck two late goals to beat Milan 2-0, a result that could be crucial come the end of the season as ultimate standings in Serie A are decided on head-to-head records — not goal difference — after points won.

"I think the new system has helped bring out my best qualities," Marchisio said. "I've always thought of myself as a central midfielder with good technical ability and a good engine. The boss's style helps my game and I've been able this season to get between the opponents' defensive lines."

Marchisio's all-round ability has been likened to Marco Tardelli, the Juve player who scored Italy's third goal in the 1982 World Cup final before unleashing a wild scream of joy.

"The comparison with Tardelli is something journalists have been saying for a while," said Marchisio, a former captain of Juve's youth team. "I honestly don't remember Tardelli playing, just a few match highlights so it's difficult to say.

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
130732 messaggi

logo.png

Pepe and Marchisio suffer sprains

Jan 22, 2012

Simone Pepe and Claudio Marchisio have been diagnosed with sprains, though the Juventus winger came off worse with ligament damage.

Both players went off during last night’s 2-0 win away to Atalanta and the club released a statement this morning on their condition.

Marchisio suffered a slight sprain of his right knee and tests showed no ligament damage.

Pepe was stretchered off and has been diagnosed with a sprained right ankle with slight anterior ligament damage.

Both players will be evaluated over the next few days to determine how long they’ll be out for, but it seems safe to say neither will recover in time for Tuesday’s Coppa Italia clash against Roma.

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
130732 messaggi

logo.png

Marchisio calls for Juve focus

Feb 7, 2012

Claudio Marchisio has admitted that his Juventus side need to be better prepared when facing Serie A’s smaller clubs.

The Old Lady have impressed in the big games this season, but have sometimes stuttered against other outfits whom they are expected to beat.

Their 0-0 with Siena on Sunday followed earlier home draws this season against Bologna, Cagliari and Genoa.

“We have to be more motivated and focused, especially in games like this,” the midfielder told Sky Sport Italia when asked about the weekend tie.

“It was a big match for us, but we were unable to take advantage of Milan’s false step against Napoli.

“We have an easier fixture list on paper when compared to the others, but we have to improve our concentration.”

Juve did receive a boost on Monday though when Zlatan Ibrahimovic was banned for Milan’s next three games – meaning he’ll miss the clash with the Old Lady.

“It shouldn’t interest us,” Marchisio stated. “The Rossoneri are a great side even without him. It won’t be easy.”

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
130732 messaggi

logo.png

Marchisio looks on the bright side

Mar 1, 2012

Claudio Marchisio tries to look on the bright side of both Italy’s defeat to the USA and the controversy between Milan and Juventus.

“It isn’t entirely worthless, as it remains a helpful experience,” the midfielder told Sky Sport Italia after last night’s 1-0 international friendly.

“It wasn’t a great evening, even if I wouldn’t make a tragedy out of it. The defeat to the USA was simply a step towards Euro 2012 this summer.”

Marchisio quoted an unlikely source when asked about the controversy surrounding Milan-Juve and the refereeing errors.

“As Jose Mourinho said, this type of game starts four days before kick-off and ends five days after the final whistle.

“Now we have all calmed down a bit, which is better, especially as we have to prepare for the next match. All we have in our minds now is the meeting with Chievo.

“I still say Milan are the Scudetto favourites, which we saw on Saturday night, as they do have something more than us. They have a better chance of winning and we already knew that.”

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
478 messaggi
Inviato (modificato)

Marchisio confident of Juve challenge

30 March 2012

12427362040.jpg

Claudio Marchisio believes Juventus can still win the Serie A title this season despite trailing holders AC Milan in the standings.

Juve are second on the table, four points back from reigning champions Milan.

Despite the deficit, Marchisio feels Juve, who are still unbeaten in the league this term, have what it takes to capture the Scudetto.

"We still believe in the title," he told La giornalaccio rosa dello Sport.

"We are still unbeaten, and Juve have never enjoyed a similar unbeaten run before. We have to believe in the Scudetto.

"If we keep this up, we will be playing for the title right until the end. The next few games will be very important.

"Regardless of what happens though, we all have a feeling that Juventus are at the start of an important cycle, worthy of the club Juve."

Marchisio and his team-mates are next in Serie A action at home to Napoli on Sunday

soccerway.com

Modificato da Luigi Daniele

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
478 messaggi

Woooooohaaaaaaaaaaahaaaaaaaaaaaa

The forum changing the name of Cazzeta automatically. :261:

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
130732 messaggi

Marchisio: Juventus can win the Scudetto

The Italy international has underlined the importance of the next few games

for the Bianconeri, and feels that that could go all the way to win the Serie A title.

Mar 30, 2012

Juventus midfielder Claudio Marchisio believes that the Old Lady could win the Serie A title this term, and has stressed that the next few weeks will be crucial in the race for the Scudetto.

The Bianconeri currently sit second in the league table, trailing leaders AC Milan by four points, and Marchisio feels that Juventus have what it takes to overtake their rivals in the remainder of the campaign.

"We still believe in the title. We are still unbeaten, and Juve have never enjoyed a similar unbeaten run before. We have to believe in the Scudetto," Marchisio said to La giornalaccio rosa dello Sport.

"If we keep this up, we will be playing for the title right until the end. The next few games will be very important.

"Regardless of what happens though, we all have a feeling that Juventus are at the start of an important cycle, worthy of the club Juve."

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
130732 messaggi

logo.png

Marchisio has Juventus dream

Apr 13, 2012

Claudio Marchisio has underlined that he’d like to end his playing days with Juventus. “I now feel like a leader.”

The 26-year-old is a stable member of the starting XI after graduating through the youth ranks at the Italian club.

“I want to remain at Juventus for life,” he told Sky Sport Italia. “However, for now, I’m just thinking about this season and helping the club get back on to the stage that it deserves.

“I’m more worried about winning during the present rather than thinking about the future.”

The Italian international is now one of the most experienced players at the club after a few summers of big squad changes.

“I feel like a leader because I’ve acquired experience in these years,” he added. “The club have allowed players like myself and Giorgio Chiellini to grow in the right way.

“We are now in the position to teach others in the side about what it means to wear this shirt…”

Marchisio, who spent the 2007-08 season on loan at Empoli, is the fourth highest appearance maker [167] and goalscorer [18] in the present squad.

Only Alex Del Piero, Gigi Buffon and Chiellini have played in more game for Juve than him. Only Del Piero, Chiellini and Alessandro Matri have more goals.

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
130732 messaggi

Marchisio: I'd like to stay at Juventus forever

The 26-year-old has been a key component in the Bianconeri's midfield this season

and he has confessed that he would like to end his career in Turin.

Apr 13, 2012

Claudio Marchisio has admitted that he would like to stay at Juventus forever, revealing that he feels like one of the leaders within Antonio Conte's squad.

The Italy international has drawn comparisons with Bianconeri legend Marco Tardelli because of his performances this season.

Marchisio is reluctant to be drawn on such talk, but freely admits that he never wants to leave Turin.

“Obviously, I’d like to play at Juve forever," the Bianconeri youth team product told Sky Tg24. "But for now I’m just thinking about the current season.

"My personal goal is to help Juventus return to winning ways. I’m more focused on winning in the present than on my future."

With the Old Lady currently just one point clear of AC Milan at the top of Serie A, Marchisio is not losing sight of what is important.

“The challenge is still on," the midfielder said of the Scudetto race. "They’re a great side, their players can always be decisive, and being out of the Champions League, they can exclusively focus on the championship.

"We lost some important points against those teams referred to as ‘minor sides’, and we regret that, but we’ve also been good in returning to lead the table.

"Now we must continue on this path, planning every move in both the championship and the Coppa Italia."

Up next for Juve in Serie A is a trip to Cesena. Mario Beretta's men are currently rock bottom but Marchisio is not taking the three points for granted.

"In Cesena, we’ll have an important chance to remain at the top, but we should be very careful," he argued.

"The game is easy on paper only, because in the last fixtures Cesena gave their opponents a rough ride.”

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
478 messaggi

A future possible captain, I think @@

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
130732 messaggi

logo.png

Marchisio: Unbeaten only good if…

Apr 20, 2012

Claudio Marchisio admits that finishing the season unbeaten will mean nothing for Juventus if they don’t win the Scudetto.

Currently a point ahead of title rivals Milan with six games to play, the Bianconeri face arguably their toughest remaining test this weekend with Roma’s visit to Turin.

However, midfielder Marchisio is aware that more than the weekend matters for the club in a tight title race.

“The Scudetto race is absolutely not over, we will remain focused until the end,” he told Sky Sport 24 on Friday.

“Allegri says that whoever wins the title will be the team with the surest nerves, this is true, but it is not the only component. We must stay focused as we have proven to be up to this point. We’ll also need a little luck to get to the end.

“We’ll need to be alert and show desire in every game, not just in Sunday’s clash. On paper we have easier games ahead of us after Roma, but we’re fully aware it’s not like that and we must always be at our maximum. It’s an even tussle with Milan.

“We attach great importance to the unbeaten record, but it will mean nothing if we fail to win the Scudetto. At this point, we want it very strongly.”

The midfielder was asked about the potential last meeting this weekend between Francesco Totti and Alessandro Del Piero, and if he and Daniele De Rossi were ready to take their place as their team’s flag bearers.

“The final showdown between Totti and Del Piero? They’ve gifted extraordinary moments to Italian football, both with the World Cup win in 2006 and throughout their careers as a whole.

“They’ll have the desire to play a key role once again.

“It is up to us to deserve this ‘handover’. Daniele has so much experience and is not only a great midfielder but also a good defender, as we see him playing that role recently.

“He stopped me when I tried to break forward in the first meeting, fingers crossed he won’t be so successful come this Sunday evening.”

Marchisio was also asked of comparisons between this Juventus side and previous versions of the team that have fought for the title.

“Surely, the fact that in the past two seasons Juve have struggled and finished seventh twice and not played in the Champions League can have an impact on the perception of our great players.

“However, Juve still retains its charm, has always had its appeal, more so now that we are getting such great results and it is easier to see these great players again at Juve.

“This is an important team, whilst it is also clear that next year we will improve again when reinforced for future objectives.”

The Italy international also had a word for former Under-21 teammate Piermario Morosini, who died last weekend.

“I felt great sadness at the death of Piermario. I remember the two years I spent alongside him with the Under-21s, along with the youth team games against Atalanta, where he played alongside Marco Motta...

“He was a wonderful guy, always relaxed and helpful.”

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
130732 messaggi

logo.png

Marchisio’s double vision

Apr 27, 2012

Claudio Marchisio is confident of Juventus’ ability to win a League and Cup double this term, because of their togetherness as a group of players.

The Bianconeri are three League games and one Cup final away from running through the 2011-12 campaign unbeaten.

Ahead of the first of these final games this weekend, Marchisio has taken time to reflect on what could be achieved, as well as hint at what he thinks is the reason behind the side’s turnaround this year.

“We have already achieved Champions League qualification and this is a very important milestone,” expressed the 26-year-old on Juventus Channel today.

“But, we are now fighting for the Scudetto and we want to win it, and then the Coppa Italia too.

“We must stay focused, but even in the most difficult times, this team has already proven to have nerves of steel and to be a united group.

“This is perhaps precisely the reason behind the leap in progress from previous years.”

The midfielder also reflected on the impact the club’s new stadium has had on generating momentum for the team.

“From the first game against Parma there has been a great feeling established with the audience. It is a relationship that has never been seen at other stadiums that Juve have played in.

“‘Our house’ as President [Andrea] Agnelli says, has certainly given us something extra.”

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti