Vai al contenuto
Socrates

Claudio Marchisio

130799 messaggi

imagegoalcomconcept2sub.jpg

Goal of the Week: Majestic Marchisio wins landslide poll victory

The Juventus midfielder's cultured strike leaves all his competitors trailing

in his wake, including a sensational individual effort by Monterrey's Humberto Suazo.

Apr 27, 2012

Claudio Marchisio garnered over 80 per cent of the vote to win this week's poll as emphatically as his side's 4-0 demolition of Roma.

The Juventus midfielder strolled onto Mirko Vucinic's cheeky backheel to caress a beautiful side-footed finish into the far post from the edge of the area, adding some gloss to his side's convincing 4-0 win.

Humberto Suazo may be left scratching his big bald head as to how his fine individual effort only gained less than 9% of the vote, as his sexy slalom run helped Monterrey on their way to a 2-0 victory over Mexican rivals Santos Laguna in the Concacaf Champions League.

Lech Poznan's Artjoms Rudnevs won himself a place on the Goal of the Week podium when he latched onto a defence-splitting slide rule pass to slot past the keeper and give his side a surprise away win over Ekstraklasa leaders Legia Warsaw.

Omar Cummings' strong run and strike against LA Galaxy was enough to pip Juan Velez's outrageous long-range effort to fourth place, although the Colombian midfielder can console himself with the knowledge that his goal put Ulsan on their way to a handy AFC Champions League away win in Brisbane.

Condividi questo messaggio

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
130799 messaggi

Marchisio: Juventus must remain calm

The influential midfielder has urged his side not to start panicking after

Wednesday's draw, and stressed that the Old Lady still have everything in their own hands.

May 3, 2012

Claudio Marchisio has urged Juventus to remain calm despite their unexpected 1-1 draw against Lecce on Wednesday.

The Turin giants saw their lead over rivals AC Milan shrink to one point following Wednesday's results, but the midfielder has stressed there's no reason for negativism as the Bianconeri still have everything in their own hands.

"We’re still at the top of the table. Now we must play and show our strength and calmness, especially because we must remember that at the beginning of the season, we didn’t expect to be one point in front of the second side in the table with two games to go," Marchisio stated to the official Juventus website.

The midfielder then reflected on Gianluigi Buffon's error which led to Lecce's equaliser, and he's confident the experienced goalkeeper will bounce back with a strong performance at the weekend.

"Buffon's mistake? He was obviously upset, because he absolutely wants to clinch the title. However, he’s a strong character, and he will be back to his usual best again versus Cagliari."

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
130799 messaggi

Marchisio: I’ve been waiting for this Scudetto

since I broke into the first team

The Italy international has voiced his satisfaction with his side's long-awaited

league success, and is confident that the team will continue to grow next season.

May 7, 2012

Claudio Marchisio has revelled in Juventus' Serie A title triumph, and admitted that he had been waiting for his first Scudetto ever since making his Bianconeri debut in 2006.

The Old Lady beat Cagliari 2-0 on Sunday to secure their 28th league title on record with one more game to go after rivals AC Milan were beaten 4-2 by Inter on the same day.

Marchisio believes their success is just reward for the suffering the club has endured and hailed coach Antonio Conte's impact on the squad.

"I’ve been waiting for this Scudetto ever since I broke into the first team. Both the players and fans have suffered a lot over the past two years," Marchisio was quoted as saying on the official Juventus website.

"The coach has perhaps been the most important aspect. He’s given us identity and the desire to win.

"We have a great squad that's still developing. I am confident that we will continue to grow next season when we return to Europe."

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
130799 messaggi

logo.png

Scudetto glory surprised Marchisio

May 8, 2012

Claudio Marchisio has admitted that he has been surprised by how well the season has gone for champions Juventus.

“I’m happy that we have been able to complete the dream of winning the Scudetto,” stated the midfielder.

“We’ve won the League thanks to hard work and sacrifices.

“The last two seasons didn’t go very well for us, but we have achieved something truly unexpected this year.”

After finishing the last two campaigns in seventh place, the Bianconeri are still unbeaten this term under the guidance of Antonio Conte.

“Winning the Scudetto with Juventus was always my objective, but there are still two trophies on offer – the Coppa Italia and Euro 2012,” added the former Empoli player.

Marchisio has been impressive this term and also contributed nine League goals in the Old Lady’s march towards the title.

“I’ve had a fantastic season, scoring 10 goals overall,” he added. “I’ve won the League, I’m in the national team – I can’t complain.

“We started the season with other objectives, but it has ended in a great manner.”

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
130799 messaggi

logo.png

Marchisio expects new Juve faces

May 16, 2012

Claudio Marchisio understands that the Juventus squad will have to evolve over the summer if they want to challenge for the Champions League.

The Old Lady won the championship by going through the 38-game League season unbeaten, while they’ll face Napoli in the Coppa Italia Final on Sunday.

“We’ve had a great season and we won because we were hungrier than everyone else,” the midfielder told Sky Sport Italia.

“Now we have to try and keep pace with the big European teams and I’m convinced that our directors will reinforce the side on the market without revolutionising the squad.

“We are now hoping to end the campaign by winning the Coppa Italia even if we know it will be very tough against Napoli.”

Marchisio was one of the side’s key players this term after he grabbed nine goals in 36 games, but he’s shared around the praise.

“Everyone in the squad has impressed me,” added the 26-year-old. “I think they all contributed something important to this Scudetto.

“For example, Marco Borriello, who was heavily criticised, or players such as Martin Caceres, Luca Marrone and Emanuele Giaccherini.”

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
130799 messaggi

logo.png

Bring on Spain, says Marchisio

May 25, 2012

Claudio Marchisio has told Euro 2012 opponents Spain that Italy will have no fear going into their June 10 clash.

The two countries have been placed into Group C, along with Croatia and Giovanni Trapattoni’s Republic of Ireland.

“Today Spain are the champions at every thing, but I don’t think they are that far ahead of us,” the Juventus ace told the giornalaccio rosa dello Sport.

“We are not afraid of them and we have what we need in all departments of the team to go all the way.

“We too have players in midfield to be scared of. Andrea Pirlo and Daniele De Rossi have won a World Cup, Thiago Motta and myself have tasted the highest levels over the last few years, generating the necessary experience in the process. Then we have Riccardo Montolivo and Antonio Nocerino.”

Italy impressed during qualification with their possession play, but they do seemingly have problems in attack.

However, the midfielder is convinced that both Antonio Cassano and Mario Balotelli, his former colleague at Under-21 level, can shine.

“Cassano is a certainty and he has the backing of the entire squad,” the 26-year-old continued.

“Balotelli knows that he can make the difference at any minute and he is aware that this is a crucial stage of his career.

“I’m not interested in what he does away from the pitch, that is his business. I expect the European Championship to be his consecration. He has incredible skills and he needs to put those at the disposal of the team and the Italian shirt.”

The Italian national team were heavily criticised after their disastrous showing in South Africa, but Coach Cesare Prandelli has been able to get the side back on track.

“In two years Prandelli has cancelled the insecurities that we had after World Cup 2010.

“He’s given enthusiasm and results back to the side. He’s also brought in a number of new things in terms of players and the philosophy of our football.

“There are also youngsters coming through who are pushing us forward. I think our game is in good health and there are reasons to be optimistic about the future.”

Marchisio also used the interview to try and bring an end to the constant comparisons with Juve and Italy legend Marco Tardelli.

“I’ve always been honoured by the comparison with one of the greats of the world game, but I think the time has arrived that we only talk about Marchisio. Enough of the ‘Tardellino’ statements, now I want to write my own story.

“I am old enough and mature enough to perhaps be seen as a reference point for younger players. Or I hope to soon become one.”

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
130799 messaggi

Marchisio tired of Tardelli comparisons

The are obvious parallels between the Turin native and the Bianconeri legend,

but the 26-year-old has confessed he wants to write his own story.

May 25, 2012

Claudio Marchisio has grown weary of the Italian media's apparent obsession with comparing him to Marco Tardelli.

The 26-year-old Turin native has been nicknamed 'Tardellino' by the press given he plays in midfield for both Juventus and Italy, and has developed a keen eye for goal over the past year or so.

However, Marchisio has had enough of the moniker, explaining that he wants to be his own man.

“I’ve always been honoured by the comparison with one of the greats of the world game, but I think the time has arrived that we only talk about Marchisio," he told the La giornalaccio rosa dello Sport. "Enough of the 'Tardellino' statements; now I want to write my own story.

“I am old enough and mature enough to perhaps be seen as a reference point for younger players. Or I hope to soon become one.”

Turning his attention to Italy's Euro 2012 opener against Spain, Marchisio claimed that playing against the defending champions would not faze the Azzurri.

"Today Spain are the champions, but I don’t think they are that far ahead of us,” he argued. “We are not afraid of them and we have what we need in all departments of the team to go all the way.

“We too have players in midfield to be scared of. Andrea Pirlo and Daniele De Rossi have won a World Cup, Thiago Motta and myself have tasted the highest levels over the last few years, generating the necessary experience in the process. Then we have Riccardo Montolivo and Antonio Nocerino.”

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
130799 messaggi

Italy are not afraid of Spain, declares Marchisio

The Azzurri defeated La Furia Roja 2-1 last August in an international friendly

and the Juventus midfielder insists they are capable of a repeat performance in Gdansk.

Jun 5, 2012

Claudio Marchisio says Italy have no reason to fear any country at Euro 2012, including Spain on the basis that they defeated the reigning world and European champions last summer.

The Azzurri go into their curtain raiser against Vicente Del Bosque's side on a low after slumping to a 3-0 defeat by Russia, while there are serious concerns over a defence which has lost Andrea Barzagli to injury and Domenico Criscito to the Scommessopoli match-fixing scandal.

However, Marchisio cannot understand the negativity currently surrounding the squad, as he maintained that Italy are entirely capable of repeating their heroics from last August, when they inflicted a 2-1 reverse on Spain.

"We are not afraid of anyone. We are Italy, a great country," the Juventus man told reporters at a press conference on Monday.

"We will face the champions of Europe, who play the most beautiful football in the world.

"But last summer we beat them after playing a great game and we need to play like we did then."

Given Italy also have Republic of Ireland and Croatia for company in Group C, there are those that believe that the Azzurri are heading for another embarrassing first-round elimination at a major international tournament, having failed to reach the knockout stages of the 2010 World Cup.

But Marchisio countered: "We should not worry about that, but work calmly, without fear, or else it would be better not to go.

"We should not leave for the Euros fearing a repeat of what happened in the 2010 World Cup."

Italy's Group C clash with Spain in Gdansk is scheduled to kick off at 18:00CET.

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
130799 messaggi

Italy are playing like Juventus during mid-season, admits Marchisio

Looking ahead to Monday's do-or-die match with Republic of Ireland, the midfielder

believes that the Azzurri are playing good football, but need to take their chances.

Jun 16, 2012

Claudio Marchisio has urged Italy to start taking their chances in front of goal on Monday, when the side take on Republic of Ireland in their Group C clash at Euro 2012.

The Azzurri are at risk of falling at the first hurdle in consecutive tournaments, having drawn with Spain and Croatia in their opening two fixtures and sitting two points behind the duo with only one round of matches in the pool left.

However, they gained plaudits for their impressive starts against their rivals, only to see their leads slip and a string of missed opportunities suffice. With this in mind, Marchisio took the time to offer an explanation for their profligacy.

"Two draws like in 2010? I do not want to think [about the World Cup] at all, it would be a bad thing for the team to think about," he said at a press conference.

"I have to say that in the two games we've played, the team have put some good moves together, but we have not taken enough risks to score.

"This Italy reminds me of Juventus, who drew too many times during mid-season. With Juve, as the campaign wore on, we began to exploit more and more opportunities, little by little.

"We hope to be able to do the same with Italy."

The Juventus ace has too been guilty of not putting his chances away, with two close-range efforts in their last match being denied by Stipe Pletikosa, but he is more concerned about the team, as a collective unit, functioning properly in the final third.

"I have had many scoring opportunities in these games, but at the moment, the most important thing is to score against Ireland.

"Winning is all that matters. Personally, I believe we will not suffer at all from the pressure. We are a team with many players who know how it feels to be a world champion."

"It has not [been a disappointment]. Certainly on paper it was hoped that things would be better, but in competitions like this, you often start by meeting teams with lesser quality, and they are more difficult to break down."

Marchisio then responded to Xavi's pre-match quip that Spain would overcome Croatia in their last group match to seal progression, thereby dismissing the notion of a potential conspiracy. The 26-year-old, though, is not resting on his laurels.

"Xavi said that Spain would beat Croatia? I believe him, but we mustn't necessarily believe it," he said at a press conference.

"Can Croatia take the game to Spain? The Iberians are definitely favourites as they are superior to Croatia.

"Still, they are a good team. I was very impressed by Modric."

Team-mate Mario Balotelli has seen his campaign sadly tarnished by allegations of racist incidents in both of Italy's Group C fixtures to date, with derogatory chants being heard against Spain and a banana allegedly thrown onto the pitch by Croatia supporters.

Nonetheless, Marchisio is expecting the 21-year-old to break through the shackles and put in his best performance yet for Italy at the European Championship against the Boys in Green.

"We see that when all is not well [with Balotelli] he keeps it all inside of him," he continued.

"In my view, he should be brimming with confidence for the third game, even if he has to understand that sooner or later he may lose his chance.

"Racism? It does not take so much intelligence to realise that these things must be condemned."

Finally, Marchisio gave his backing to Juventus' pursuit of Udinese duo Kwadwo Asamoah and Mauricio Isla, who should line up in the colours of the Old Lady next season.

"I see the arrivals of Asamoah and Isla as positives. It is good to have squad depth. I'm sure that next season we will do well in Europe, we will not go there just to make up the numbers."

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
130799 messaggi

logo.png

Marchisio warns Balotelli

Jun 16, 2012

Claudio Marchisio supports Italy’s 3-5-2 system, warns Mario Balotelli “his opportunities could run out” and believes Spain won’t stitch up the Azzurri.

Although Italy have to beat the Republic of Ireland on Monday evening, most of the media coverage has been on the possibility Spain-Croatia could end 2-2, rendering the other results futile.

“I believe Spain when they say they’ll play to win, but then we have to believe them, otherwise we wouldn’t even step on to the pitch,” said Marchisio in today’s Press conference.

“The Spaniards are certainly the favourites, but Croatia impressed me too, especially Luka Modric. As for our own record, I don’t want to think about comparisons with 2010. If we considered those, it would be negative for the team.”

Italy went out in the group phase of the 2010 World Cup after two draws and a defeat, while so far in Euro 2012 they have only two points.

Cesare Prandelli confirmed he is standing by the new 3-5-2 system, although there are rumours the Juventus players in the squad pushed for this approach.

“Absolutely not,” assured Marchisio. “It was the Coach who realised with the men at his disposal that he could change system. Besides, in the two games we’ve played with the 3-5-2, the team has done well and didn’t run many risks at the back.

“This Italy could be a little bit like Juventus mid-season when we had a few too many draws and I do see some analogies. With Juve we slowly managed to take our chances again and I hope the same will happen with Italy.

“I had several scoring opportunities too over the last couple of games, but at the moment the important thing is for the team to score against Ireland. We have to win, the rest does not matter.

“The way I see it, we won’t suffer the pressure of being either in or out, as we’re a team with so many experienced players and some World Cup winners.

“Of course on paper we hoped things would go better than this, but in top competitions it can happen to struggle against teams with less quality, because they are more highly motivated.”

Balotelli is new to a major tournament and has wasted several sitters, leading to reports he could be benched against Ireland.

“We can all see that he’s not happy when he’s substituted and keeps it all in. The way I see it, the Coach could keep faith with him for the third match too, even if Mario also has to understand that sooner or later his opportunities could run out.”

UEFA are taking disciplinary action against Croatia after their fans made racist chants and reportedly threw a banana on to the pitch when Balotelli was substituted.

“It doesn’t take much intelligence to understand some things ought to be condemned,” added Marchisio.

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
130799 messaggi

logo.png

Marchisio: 'Tense and surreal'

Jun 18, 2012

Claudio Marchisio admits there were tense and “surreal” moments when waiting to hear the Spain result that sparked Italian celebrations.

Although the Azzurri beat the Republic of Ireland 2-0, it would not have been enough to reach the Euro 2012 quarter-finals if Croatia had equalised against Spain.

“We didn’t know the result and couldn’t really hear what the bench was telling us. It was even more emotional as we had to wait to find out what Spain did, but a new Euros begins for us now,” explained Marchisio.

“I saw Gigi Buffon coming to the corner and thought ‘oh no, is it 1-1?’ but it hadn’t finished yet. It was surreal waiting for the news to come through, but then we all got to celebrate together.”

Italy finally got a victory after two consecutive 1-1 draws against Spain and Croatia.

“We brought on players who helped make the difference and we were determined to the very end. We suffered on Ireland’s long ball game, but overall deserved it and played well.

“We played on a par with Spain and they are the strongest side in the world, so we proved ourselves here and can build on that performance.”

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
130799 messaggi

logo.png

Marchisio: Italy fear nobody

Jun 18, 2012

Claudio Marchisio has declared that Italy are not afraid of their quarter-final opponent after progressing through the group stages of Euro 2012 last night.

Antonio Cassano and Mario Balotelli secured a 2-0 win over the Republic of Ireland and Spain’s victory over Croatia meant that Italy qualified for the knock-out stages as runners-up in Group C.

Marchisio, speaking to RAI after the tense encounter, claimed the Azzurri have no preference who they face next.

“No, we have no preference for our quarter-final opponent,” the Juventus midfielder stated. “We faced Spain who are the best team in the world and we stood up to them.

“We are not afraid and our European Championships start now.”

Italy will face the winners of Group D, which could be France, England or host nation Ukraine, in Kiev on Sunday.

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
130799 messaggi

logo.png

Marchisio has eye on Gerrard

Jun 24, 2012

Claudio Marchisio believes in Italy’s chances of beating England tonight and “would like to swap shirts with Steven Gerrard” at the final whistle.

The Azzurri take on the Three Lions in this evening’s Euro 2012 quarter-final, battling for an appointment with Germany in the semi.

“We have to believe and we’ve got the chance to go through,” said Marchisio.

“We are aware that we’re facing a great side with some great champions. We have to improve and play the way we did in the first half against Croatia.

“Who is the strongest side? The one that wins the Final,” smiled the Juventus midfielder.

This week Daniele De Rossi said that Gerrard was his idol and Marchisio followed suit.

“Of course I won’t be there thinking about it during the game, but I would like to swap shirts with Gerrard at the end of the match.”

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
130799 messaggi

logo.png

Marchisio reveals injury worry

Jun 24, 2012

Claudio Marchisio reveals he was one of the designated penalty takers, but was not fit enough to step up against England.

“I was meant to be one of the penalty takers, but I ended the match with cramp and so told the Coach if someone else was in better shape then they ought to step up.”

Italy did eventually win 4-2 in the shoot-out to reach the semi-final after dominating 120 minutes without finding the net.

“It was really tough, as these extra time matches feel like they go on forever, but we faced a difficult opponent and dominated the match. I think at the end of the day the penalties sent the right team through.”

The semi-final is on Thursday against favourites Germany, who won their quarter-final against Greece two days ago.

“Now we have gone through and think about the fact Germany have two extra days to rest, we know that winning within the 90 minutes was a better idea.

“In any case, we’re here now and have to make the best of it.”

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
130799 messaggi

logo.png

Marchisio: 'Italy never give in'

Jun 27, 2012

Claudio Marchisio says Italy’s semi-final with Germany “will be tough, but we never give in!”

The Juventus midfielder wrote a message on his Facebook page to the fans after the Azzurri progressed to the final four of Euro 2012.

“It was so exciting against England! We reached a semi-final that few really believed in, but we always stayed on our toes.

“With a solid, united squad that battles, runs and plays the way we know how, we can reach the great objective!

“It will be tough, but we have an enormous heart and never give in!”

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
130799 messaggi

logo.png

Marchisio: 'So tired!'

Jun 28, 2012

Claudio Marchisio reveals he missed a great chance to score a third against Germany because he was “so tired I could barely see.”

The midfielder drilled wide rather than pass to Antonio Di Natale, who may have been offside, in the 2-1 win over Germany.

“I apologised to Di Natale, as I could barely see any more I was so tired and so had to try a shot.

“The greatest moment will be the next game if we win the Euros. We’re utterly exhausted. It was such a good start with Mario (Balotelli) and we were clinical, which we haven’t been so far.

“It was a fantastic performance, we have shown that we are up to the task against Spain and Germany.

“Now we’re facing Spain again and it’s about bringing out what we have left after all this fatigue.

“This victory is for the fans and we hope this success can bring solace and enjoyment during this time of crisis.”

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
130799 messaggi

Giovinco or Marchisio could inherit Del Piero's shirt

The Italy duo are the main contenders for the jersey, but the Bianconeri could wait

until the end of the summer before making a decision given their pursuit of Robin van Persie.

Jun 29, 2012

Both Claudio Marchisio and Sebastian Giovinco are reportedly in contention to inherit Alessandro Del Piero's No.10 shirt at Juventus next season.

According to the Corriere dello Sport, the former is a major candidate for the coveted jersey given that he is Turin born and raised, and Bianconero true and true. Indeed, bar a season-long loan at Empoli during the 2007-08 campaign, Marchisio, who currently wears No.8, has been at Juve since he was seven.

However, the paper claims that Giovinco is also being considered. The 25-year-old attacker is also a product of the club's youth academy and has been considered the heir to Del Piero's throne since his days with the Primavera.

Giovinco, though, has only just returned to the club after two seasons with Parma and the feeling is that if the No.10 shirt is to go to a new arrival, it should be bestowed upon their most high-profile summer signing.

Indeed, given the Serie A champions are currently doing their utmost to tempt Arsenal striker Robin van Persie to Turin, and it is believed that the club will await the outcome of that particular pursuit before making a final decision, particularly in light of the Dutchman's fondness for the jersey.

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
130799 messaggi

logo.png

Marchisio: 'Italy deserve Final'

Jul 1, 2012

Claudio Marchisio assures Italy are “confident” ahead of tonight’s Euro 2012 Final with Spain. “We deserve to be here.”

These sides met on June 10 for a 1-1 draw in the group phase and are reunited in Kiev to fight for the trophy.

“We can beat Spain, because our team has improved game after game, we deserve to be here and will give our all,” said the midfielder.

“We both start on an even keel. Spain are a great side, but we are not beneath them. We’re confident.

“It is a fundamental match and it doesn’t matter who steps on to the field, as all that counts is bringing home the victory that would be very important for all of Italian football.

“Cesare Prandelli did very well to give us his ideas both on the field and off.”

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
130799 messaggi

logo.png

Marchisio: Beware of Juve hunger

Jul 24, 2012

Claudio Marchisio has failed to rule out Juventus as serious contenders for the 2012-13 Champions League.

The Old Lady will return to the competition after winning Serie A last term and the midfielder is in optimistic mood.

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
130799 messaggi

Marchisio: Juventus can be successful in the Champions League

The versatile midfielder believes the Old Lady can make an impact in Europe's

premier club competition if they show the fighting spirit that they exhibited last term.

Jul 24, 2012

Claudio Marchisio believes that Juventus can enjoy a successful season in Europe in 2012-13 if they show the right attitude.

The Turin giants claimed the Serie A title with an unbeaten league campaign, and the Italy international believes they can go far in the Champions League this term if they show the same determination as they did in 2011-12.

"Juventus will be even stronger than last year, and will also be fighting for the Champions League," Marchisio was quoted as saying by Tuttosport.

"Nobody thought that we could win Serie A without losing a single game. We can be successful in Europe if we have the same spirit that we had last year.

"We hope that Juventus will return to the top of Europe again. The important thing is to believe in yourself. You must have faith in your own qualities in every game, just like we did last season."

Juventus last featured in the Champions League in 2009-10, when they failed to progress past the group stage.

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
130799 messaggi

Marchisio laments decision to play Supercoppa Italiana in China

Napoli president Aurelio De Laurentiis threatened to pull his side out of the game

in Beijing but was eventually persuaded into allowing Walter Mazzarri's men to travel.

Jul 30, 2012

Juventus midfielder Claudio Marchisio feels that the Supercoppa Italiana should be played in Italy, claiming it is a shame that next month's clash with Napoli will be staged in China.

The venue for the annual meeting between the champions of Serie A and the Coppa Italia holders has been the subject of much debate in recent days, with Partenopei president Aurelio De Laurentiis having threatened to boycott the season opener, describing it as "a crazy trip and an unnecessary stress".

The Napoli owner eventually backed down but Marchisio has now admitted that he too feels that the curtain-raising event should not be held on the other side of the world.

"We are doing our best to try to get to the Italian Super Cup in the best condition," the Italy international wrote on his Facebook page.

"It really is a shame that we're playing in Beijing and not in Italy, but I'm sure there will still be many fans there who will not be lacking in support and affection for us.

"For now, though, we are preparing as best we can for our first official outing, against Benfica on Wednesday."

Marchisio is a product of the Bianconeri's youth academy and played a key role in last season's Scudetto success, scoring nine goals in 36 Serie A appearances.

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
130799 messaggi

logo.png

Marchisio on Chinese Super Cup

Jul 30, 2012

Juventus’ Claudio Marchisio has admitted that he would have preferred to fight for the Super Cup on Italian soil.

The re-match of the Coppa Italia Final against Napoli – which Juventus lost in May – will take place in China on August 11.

“It’s a shame that we are not playing the game in Italy,” the Azzurri midfielder wrote on his official Facebook page.

“However, I’m certain that even in Beijing there will be a lot of our fans who will charge us up with their affection.”

Juventus will warm up for that match with a friendly against Benfica on Wednesday. “We have to keep working to make sure that we are in the best shape for the Napoli game.”

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
130799 messaggi

logo.png

Marchisio: Conte an example

Aug 8, 2012

Claudio Marchisio says that whilst Antonio Conte is ‘clearly uncomfortable’ at a possible 10-month ban, he continues to serve as an example.

The Coach is facing the prospect of a touchline ban from football through to June 9, 2013, for his role alleged to have been played in the betting scandal to have hit Italian football this year.

However, his midfielder Marchisio believes that he is still leading the way in showing the players how to behave, in preparing for the Supercoppa Italiana clash with Napoli.

“It is obvious that he is not comfortable for all that is happening,” revealed the No 8 to Sky Sport Italia.

“But he is an example for us because on the field he does not reveal anything. As always he yells at us, training us as always, giving us the usual drive and motivation.

“So for us he is a great example of how we should focus exclusively on the job.”

Marchisio was asked about going into the game without a player currently assigned to the No 10 shirt, recently vacated by Alessandro Del Piero and if he were tempted to take it.

“Obviously Del Piero is missed a lot. The chorus of Chinese fans for him makes us realise his importance. To see his locker empty at Vinovo also have a certain effect. Ale is an example for us all.

“I, however, would not put on the No 10 shirt of Del Piero’s because, whilst it was a dream of mine when I was younger, when I was an attacker, now I am a midfielder and I am not Platini, Baggio or Del Piero.

“I’m not one that can decide a game with a single goal, so I do not deserve to ever wear this shirt.”

The midfielder also looked ahead to Saturday’s Supercup clash with Napoli.

“It’s a very important trophy, we are champions and we have an excellent opportunity to demonstrate that we are still the strongest.

“We are strongly motivated. Napoli have always caused us problems, but we’re ready. Our opponents have improved every year and will also be dangerous rivals in the League, along with Milan, Inter, Roma and Udinese.”

This will be the third Cup final in the space of a few months for Marchisio and a number of the Juve players, after the Coppa Italia defeat to Napoli and the Euro 2012 defeat to Spain.

“We now hope to win. But I am among those who think that finals are best to be played, even if you lose them, because they give you an experience to better address those that you play.

“Honestly, I never thought that we would progress so quickly to the top. But the League last year was made from every day and it brought a confidence to us that was missing. Now we have to stay at those high levels.”

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
130799 messaggi

Juventus are hungry for success, warns Marchisio

The midfielder is full of ambition ahead of this weekend's Supercoppa Italiana,

and has stressed the Scommessopoli scandal will not distract the Old Lady.

Aug 9, 2012

Claudio Marchisio is relishing Juventus' Supercoppa Italiana clash with Napoli at the weekend, and is determined to start the season on a high by winning another trophy.

The midfielder reckons the Bianconeri are the team to beat following last year's Serie A title triumph, and want to make their status as Italian champions count by enjoying continued success, starting with the new campaign's curtain raiser.

"We need to show we are the strongest in our game against Napoli. We are playing for the first trophy of the season, we are the reigning champions and we want to display that on the pitch. Juventus are always hungry for success," Marchisio said at a press conference.

"Napoli have developed greatly over the last few years and have made some quality purchases. However, they are also aware they will be facing a tough team that wants to continue winning."

Marchisio then went on to discuss the Scommessopoli scandal that has rocked Italian football in recent weeks, and is adamant the match-fixing probe will not pose Juventus a distraction.

"We are just thinking about the game. We have got thick skin and seeing the coach so focused can only rub off on us. We are not affected by events going on around us, if anything it gives us a boost to do well."

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
130799 messaggi

logo.png

Marchisio to be Del Piero heir?

Aug 16, 2012

Claudio Marchisio could step into the void left at Juventus by the departure of Alessandro Del Piero, says a former club President.

For the first time in almost 20 years, the Old Lady will begin a campaign without Del Piero in their squad after his contract expired in the summer.

His No 10 shirt has so far remained unassigned, but Giovanni Cobolli Gigli thinks that Turin-born Marchisio could become the club’s new flag-bearer.

“Life continues by looking to the future, but the memory of what Del Piero was will last forever,” Cobolli Gigli told Radio Sportiva.

“He was the greatest player in the club’s history alongside Giampiero Boniperti. Now let us hope that we can find a worthy successor and that could be Marchisio.”

Marchisio, who used to watch Juventus as a boy at the old Stadio Delle Alpi, is a product of the club’s youth system.

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti